Speaker 1: Shannon, you guys went out for dinner last night? We did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we went on a walk and then we ended up. Wes was like, let's grab drinks and dinner, you know, before we go home, because I didn't feel like making anything anyway, So that was great the us.
Speaker 1: They set us at a table. It was so nice out.
Speaker 2: They set us at a table outside, but like right near the hostess stand, and I overheard the hostess, an hour waiter who was great, complaining about another table that was there. This table had been seated inside, and then they decided they wanted to sit outside, so they moved. They didn't like the table that they were sat at outside, so they asked to be moved again. And the reason they were talking about them again is because they didn't like the current table, so they asked to be moved a third time. And I thought, these high maintenance tables probably just killed these hostesses and waiters and waitress waitresses, and so West and I were trying to figure out what table they were talking about before they walked over to this table of five, and it was it made sense when they did. But I was like, oh, okay, it looks like looked like a high maintenance table.
Speaker 3: But did uh did the people continue to like complain about them afterwards.
Speaker 2: Like the staff or how do they I didn't hear. But our waiter came over and I said, we are going to be your easiest table of the night. We're just here for a drink and some apps, and he said, thank you.
Speaker 1: You know what, can I bring up a restaurant topic?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then maybe we can have like people who work in the service industry, like waiters, waitresses, servers, whatever you call yourselves nowadays, uh call up and respond. So they can call up and talk about the high maintenance tables, like what are the high maintenance? But here's here's one for you. It's happened to me a few weeks ago. At what point do you walk out of a restaurant? So we went to this restaurant and we had dinner. It took two hours to get our food two hours. Now, mind you, we did order appetizers and stuff like that, so we did have appetizers and we did have salads. It took two hours though, for the main meal to come. So we're sitting at the restaurant and it was a it was a famous steak place. Okay, famous famous place, not Ocean Prime, because we were just recently Channon and Chelsea, myself and West went to Ocean Prime. I hate the places that drag out crap, so I hate sitting there waiting to eat and they drag it out, Like, just get me my freaking meal. I'm happy with it. I'll be I'm good with being in and out in an hour, Like, I'm fine with that. If you want an experience, Okay, we'll order some drinks and we'll have some drinks. It took two hours from the time that we ordered, so we ordered our appetizers. Then they came over and they said, all right, let's get your entrees so you can get rid of the menus because they want you pull the menus out. We order, we sat like, honestly, I needed so much water in between because I was going to be dehydrated by the time that the food came. I almost door dashed food to the table because it was taken so long.
Speaker 1: Were they apologetic or no, that's how they do it there.
Speaker 3: They anna they think that that is the way that they do restaurants.
Speaker 4: Like when I try to order everything at once and they're like, you know what, we'll just take your appetizers and we'll come back for the other stuff.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, no, I'm moving fast.
Speaker 3: I'm like you, I want to like, I want to go in and I want to put my order in and I want to not even think about anything other than eating the rest of the time.
Speaker 5: Two hours is insane. It was crazy. At that point you got to be like, hey, just do y'all. Did y'all forget about me?
Speaker 1: No? Well, so can I tell you?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Can I tell you what it was?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 3: It was me. It was me Tim Richards Philleder, who ran uh whatever ever company was. No, he ran a radio company, Audit, not Odyssey.
Speaker 1: I am fire. I don't know what the hell company was.
Speaker 3: And Keith Kaufman and we're sitting there at the table and we're watching the waitress walk by us, and they kept filling our waters up and at some point I lookt at her and I'm like, I need my food. Like I was like, you're like sitting there the whole time, going you cannot make us eat two hours from now because by the time that you make us eat two hours, I want to go to bed.
Speaker 5: Facts two hours is crazy just to be sitting there too. I didn't want to be in here for two hours.
Speaker 1: I had too many drinks.
Speaker 3: And to go back onto Shannon's topic about the high maintenance table and stuff like that at all.
Speaker 1: No, No, so irritated in this It's crazy.
Speaker 3: Although I will tell you this, Chelsea and I have something that's written on our forehead.
Speaker 1: When we go to places.
Speaker 3: Even if there are places that we'll go to and people will go, oh, I you know, listen to the show or whatever, they put us in the worst spots in eyes.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you something, we're the same. Wes and I have the worst look. And I even said to him because we didn't have a reservation this place, we weren't planning on going out, but I was like, I'm looking around and I go, just so you know, they're going to offer us this table right here, like right next to the hostess team. I said, are you okay with that table? Before they even bring us there, because I knew that's where we were going, and it.
Speaker 3: Was they put us at tables that are so small I can't even fit one of my fat thighs in the seats.
Speaker 1: It's horrible.
Speaker 3: Kevin, you remember you and I went to that Sullivan steakhouse, and they gave us the worst table at that place. Do you remember that at all? I said to you, I go, we got the worst table in the entire place. It was no, it was it was kitty corner to the bar. But first off, it was wobbly, like you needed to put something underneath. And I told you and I told you. The place was wide empty. There was nobody in it, and they had all these great tables. And we sat at literally the table that looked like it was about to fall apart.
Speaker 1: What's up? How you doing? Leah?
Speaker 7: Hi, guys, how are you my good?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 7: Okay, So let me set the tone. Obviously since COVID, like, I feel like restaurants have gotten to like, okay, hour and a half next in and out. So my husband and I go to Europe this last summer. We have a fourteen month old. We just traveled from Michigan all the way to Greece. It was like twenty four hours of travel. We sit down at this restaurant on the island and we're just excited, we're hungry, and we sit down and I think it was probably like seven o'clock that we sat down, And that was already late with a baby and travel and by the time we left it was close to like eleven twelve o'clock, and like they could give two craps about like way we wanted to order, we wanted the bill. It was just like so nonchalant. They didn't have a care in the world. And they literally looked at us and they were like, you guys are totally Americans because us Greeks like we just enjoy our meal.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So my husband was, you know what, We're going to start doing that from now. We're going to enjoy our time. And I was like, no, I want my food now.
Speaker 4: I'm starting think the servers want to turn tables over faster so they can make more money.
Speaker 3: Now cause you know what, they only do two seatings in a lot of these places. Yeah, Europe is a different breed all together. Like to me, it ain't my cup of tea, you know what I mean. Like to me, I'd rather go to Orlando or something, you know what I mean, Then go then go to Europe. I remember we went to Paris and there was a restaurant. It was no joke. They looked at us like fat Americans and your sneakers.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you, she said, since Covid, I thought she was going to go a different way with this. I feel like also, we've all gotten so used to being told, hey, you only have the table for yes, an hour and a half. And Wes and I just went to a great restaurant in Detroit by the way, and they were really kind about it, but they were like, hey, you only have fifteen minutes left. Yeah, And when it came to that time, we kind of still were eating and they gave us like drink cards to go to one of their sister restaurants, which I thought was nice. But it's so funny now how they they.
Speaker 3: Want you to be well they and they have reservations coming right after you and the people are walking into the restaurant. They don't want them waiting out in the front. Brittany was up, it's Mojo in the morning.
Speaker 1: Hi, how are you guys?
Speaker 8: Good?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 9: Good?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 8: I work at a small town, local tavern and we have a pretty well known news anchor that frequents our bar with a group of friends. They're the most horrendous group. She being one of the worst to wait on. And it's gone to the point where the people that watch her on TV? Are regulars notice how awful her in her group bar? So it's kind of a joke. When she walks in, we're like, oh, bow down to because she is a pretty well known newspaper.
Speaker 3: Can I ask you a question without saying her name? What station is she on?
Speaker 8: She was on Fox seventeen.
Speaker 1: Okay, she recently switched.
Speaker 8: Okay, all right, I want to say she was a weather girl.
Speaker 1: Where are you? Are you in Toledo?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: No, Grand Rapids, Grand Rapids?
Speaker 3: Okay, so yeah, Fox seventeen, grandrap Is. Why wouldn't I going to say that. It's funny. I don't know any of the news media people. I want to know her Amazon, I want to know who she is.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: So she's a little high maintenance.
Speaker 7: Very and I feel like it's not just our bar.
Speaker 8: We have quite a few in our area.
Speaker 1: So it's it's find No, absolutely the worst. Yeah, it's kind of what I know. You know who it is. I know who it is.
Speaker 2: Because she said she moved.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on, oh my god, please tell me not it's not the same person.
Speaker 1: No, No, I think Shannon's right.
Speaker 6: Hop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's up, Josie? How you doing good?
Speaker 10: Hell?
Speaker 1: Are you good, what's going on?
Speaker 6: So I think two hours is crazy, like the waitress must have forgot to put your order in. But what my husband and I hate is we'll get an appetizer and we'll be eating that or a salad, and our food comes out before we even halfway through our appetizer or a salad. And actually one time, our main meal came out and our appetizer came out after, and we were like, what.
Speaker 1: The heck, it's funny, goes I do.
Speaker 2: I do kind of hate though, when you do order an appetizer because you're starving, and they forget it, and then after you eat your dinner, they're like, oh, we forgot to bring out your you know meatballs like Spanish case. I don't want it anymore.
Speaker 1: You don't want it? No, No, I hate that too. I don't want it anyway I wanted it before. Though.
Speaker 3: I will tell you if I owned a restaurant, I'd probably give away more comps because I think the way that if you have a bad experience at a restaurant, like I recently was at a restaurant and they brought out bread and the bread literally was like one of those you know stress balls that you see the people squeeze like.
Speaker 1: That's what it felt like.
Speaker 3: And I was like and and honestly, if you have a bad experience like that, where the food is bad or there's something going on, I think they should comp you, like I really do. Like I think if you and if you do it, I'll be a lifer. I'll come back for life. But if you, if you, yeah, that's good because like in this case where it took two hours to get served, like two hours in, the bill came and it was an expensive meal, that was a three hundred plus dollars dinner.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. What's up, Chris? How you doing? I'm all right, by the way, Hey, how you doing. I'm gonna play here, Chris real quick.
Speaker 3: I got to say this three hundred dollars meal is McDonald's nowadays.
Speaker 1: Because it feels like it food is so expensive. What's going on? Chris? What were you gonna say?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Not much.
Speaker 11: I'm just gonna say I've been a bartender and server for over ten years. Thank you for your I know I'm good. Touch on what I said about wanting to order everything at once, Yeah, sometimes sometimes that's okay, but sometimes like if uh, server or bartender get triple sat. I got to try to greet all these tables within a certain amount of time, and taking your full order right then may not be the best.
Speaker 4: Yeahpective.
Speaker 3: So can I tell you I was told by a restaurant owner that the reason they don't want you to put your full meal in right away is a lot of times the servers will either forget to put it in, or they put it in and it overwhelms the kitchen with everything coming in at once, so they try to time it right.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that could be the case and some I worked at multiple restaurants, and sometimes you can put the ordering and you can put holds on the food so that it'll come out later, but other times you can't. Once you put everything in, everything goes in and starts cooking. The worst just depends on the restaurant in the system.
Speaker 1: What's the worst restaurant you worked at?
Speaker 11: The worst?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Don't what kind of rust? Like the nastiest chefs in there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't say the name of the restaurant, but just say what kind of food it was. No, you can't do that.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 11: It would have to be one of my first ones early on.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 11: They are known for shakes and steak burgers.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 12: My god, oh jar you, Oh my god, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Hi, Nicole, what's going on?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 10: So I ran back a house for twenty years at a restaurant up north, and we would actually have them staggered tickets to stop the kitchen from getting overwhelmed, and that would be why it would take so long to get your food out because the kitchen is so backed up. Other places, that is their model where they want you to sit there and they want you to be there all night.
Speaker 8: Okay, So generally it is to keep the kitchen from getting overwhelmed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Somebody told me also that they like to have people moving around the restaurant, so to speak, so they don't want one whole section to get up and be done with their meal. At the same time, they wanted to kind of like look like there's like a vibe going on there.
Speaker 1: Hold on, Jen, what did you want to say?
Speaker 3: John?
Speaker 12: Hi?
Speaker 9: How are you? First time?
Speaker 11: Long time?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 9: So, I've been in the ris industry for over thirty years, and.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 9: Proper etiquette that I have always been taught, especially with busy kitchens, is if people are ordering appetizers, whether you take them order altogether or not. Once the table is served the appetizers, it's your job as a server to notify the kitchen that they have the appetizers and to go ahead with their main course.
Speaker 3: Wow, okay, yeah, put that main course in fat Tommy.
Speaker 9: The happier, We've always learned, the happier the customer, the bigger the tip her.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know what I always think is the meal that I always end up in my personal life screwing up the most Thanksgiving Because Thanksgiving, I love appetizers like I love to have like shrimp cocktails.
Speaker 1: I love to have deviled eggs. I love all that stuff.
Speaker 3: The problem is that we'll lay out the appetizers and then dinner is ready so fast, and then you're eating appetizers with your meal. And that's what it's like going to a restaurant where they bring everything out all at once.
Speaker 1: You know, you don't know.
Speaker 3: And Kevin, of all people, this guy eats things one by one by one. He doesn't like mix and matches stuff. That is, to the steaks before the shakes.
Speaker 1: That was funny