Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses, the only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can.
Speaker 1: They printing money. The Dodgers just can't continue. It's not fair are making plans again.
Speaker 4: It's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, and welcome to my Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this hot Wednesday afternoon here in southern California. I hope you're staaling staying cool wherever you may be, as your Los Angeles Dodgers are in Denver as they finish off a three game road trip against the Colorado Rockies. Dodgers winners of the first two games of this series, looking for the sweep in the mile highest city. Dodgers seventy six and fifty one on this season, first place at top the NL West. As we speak, the Dodgers are eight and a half games up in the division, with the possibility of pushing that number to nine because the Padres have already lost today. Roki Sasaki on the mound first pitch, and course field is coming up at five point forty Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We're gonna check in with David Vast throughout the hour. We'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts coming up in about forty five minutes. We'll also hear from show Hey, oh Tony, Kirsten Watson will stop by Charlie Steiner. We'll be hearing about thirty minutes. We've got your Dodgers magical moment, and of course we'll head out to the galloping for broadcast both with Tim Neverd and Rick Monday in just a couple of minutes. Eric Lower yesterday got the start in game two of this three games set. The left hander has been pretty much good since coming over from Toronto, just one loss in a Dodger uniform. Looking to bounce back after a shaky outing in Chicago couple starts ago, Well, he looks pretty good. Last night five innings gave U four runs on six hits. The Dodgers game an early lead to work with thanks to a Max Mounsey sackfly in the top of the first, Dodgers out to a one nothing lead. However, the Rockies would tie back up with an RBI double on the bottom first. We were tied at one going to the third win Show Hey o'tany clobbered a four hundred and forty eight foot home run to a right center field two run shot, his thirtieth of the year. Dodgers jumped out to a three to two lead, but the Rockies working to go away quietly. In the bottom of the third, yep but RBI double, RBI double, and all of a sudden, the game was tied again at three. We go to the top half of the fourth inning. Speaking at doubles, Ryan Feltnoner on the mound for the Rockies and the Dodgers with the doubles parade. It started with Tommy Edmond a lead off double the center. Then up came up the struggling Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 2: Talker, Justin's batting helmet, left handed hitter looks out. Feltner fires and.
Speaker 1: The ball hit right along the line.
Speaker 2: That's a fair ball that's gonna go down the line.
Speaker 1: Edmund around third.
Speaker 2: He'll score and Tucker into second with a run scoring double and for Kyle Tucker that breaks up a string of oh for twenty six as he pitched up his night t teenth double in this fifty fifth run batted in and it came on the changeup.
Speaker 3: Kyle Tucker needed that, Dodgers needed it as well, and RBI doubled the second in a row that made it a four to three Dodgers lead. The very next batter, Ta Hoosker Hernandez. How about another double.
Speaker 2: And the pitch swung out that's in the right center that's going to get down for a hit. Tucker is going to get waived around third and in with a run scoring double is tay Oscar Hernandez. Three doubles in a row, two runs in and the Dodgers with a five to three lead.
Speaker 5: Us good sign for a lot of different reasons. Last night. As we mentioned really in the top of the brouncast, it was the first five hitters in the lineup that did all the damage last night, and now it's the bottom part of the lineup just doing some damage here so far in this inning.
Speaker 3: Alone, back to back RBI doubles, we'll call that a double double animal style route there for the Dodgers, who scored three runs on the three doubles in the fourth inning. Dodgers with a five to three lead Freddy Freeman, then a sack fly later in the inning that made it a six to three Dodgers lead. Yep, they took a lead into the fifth. However, a Castro home run made it six to four. Freddie Freeman in the top of the six added again RBI's singles, scoring Taskar Hernandez. Dodgers with a seven to four lead. The Rockies would make it interesting, no doubt about that. A RBI single in the eighth and RBI single the ninth. They had the tie run on base in the ninth inning against Tanner Scott, but he closes it out for the four out save. Dodgers win it seven to six over the Colorado Rockies last night. They improved a seventy six and fifty one on this season. How about the Dodgers offense Tasker Hernandez had a double of a triple. Tom Y Haven't double twice. Dodgers breaking out of their offensive slump in Denver, Dodgers have scored well eighteen runs on twenty four hits, with four home runs, three of which have come from show a Otani in the first two games of the series. Think about to the series against Milwaukee, the four game set Dodgers scored just to combine ten runs in the entire four game series. They've already scored eighteen runs in the first two games of this series. Well, the Mile Hight Cities where they're out again tonight, game three of this three game set. Roki Sasaki on the mound, first pitch coming up at five forty with more Let's head out to the gallup and four broadcast booth as we say hello to Tim Nevertt and Rick Monday. Guys, Tim, thanks very much.
Speaker 2: Beautiful night in Denver, no threat of rain. It's just going to be another nice evening here at Coors Field as the Dodgers take on the Rockies for the third game of this three game set and the chance for a three game sweep. The Dodgers come in seventy six and fifty one, eight games ahead of San Diego. They've won thirty of their last thirty seven against Colorado. Meantime, the Rockies find themselves twenty five and a half games back, with the record of fifty and seventy six and basically playing to not lose one hundred this year. Roki Sasaki, at five and five with a four to four to six ERA, makes the start against Kyle Freeland. Freeland four and ten with a six to twenty seven ERA. Despite having a four to ten record, he's pitched pretty well lately. Sho heil Tani. They ought an in the stadium after him here Rick. The way that he plays, I mean, he has been unbelievable. He's got a twenty two game hitting streak here at Corsfield. It's the third longest ever for a visiting player. He's hitting four to zho two here during that stretch, twenty six games here overall three eighty eight with ten home runs. He's got three home runs over the first two games. What hasn't he done except he's even thrown a bullpen while he's been.
Speaker 5: Here named after him, the Rocky has liked, having banned from coming into the stadium. How about the offense, I mean, there two games here, eighteen runs. They've had twenty four hits. Yes, they've given up eleven hits in the process, but overall, I think we're now beginning to see the Dodger ball club from an offensive standpoint. Start to fire on all cylinders. The first game of this series, it was the top five in the lineup, but we look at last night, it was top two bottom in that lineup, and hopefully that's going to be a sign of some very good things to take place.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: This is game number one, twenty eight, the Dodgers in search of their seventy seventh victory this year.
Speaker 2: And it's a lineup based on a left handed starter tonight, with Andy Pye has moving up to the two bontasker Hernandez hitting third, getting the two right handers in between Otani and Freeman, then two more right handers in between Freeman and Tucker, with Bets and Rojas there. There was some thought that maybe Dave Roberts would give Kyle Tucker a day off right before the day off tomorrow, but he said no, he's in there tonight and he gives us the best chance to win. That's what the manager said.
Speaker 5: We saw Tucker very busy this afternoon during banning practice taking some extra fly balls as well. One of the changes in this lineup, besides you mentioned Rojas, gonna started second base. Also, Keiky Hernandez would be at third base tonight at least at the beginning against the left handed with Freeland and the Dodgers seen him many many times twenty eight starts he's at against him in the past, so a couple of different faces in this ball game tonight, wrote fit behind the plate doing the catching. So it's going to be a late night arrival back at Lax tonight. By the time the Dodgers either get back to the stadium or get home, it's going to be well, not quite sunrise, but it's going to be a late night off day tomorrow and then back at Harness Friday night at Dodger Stadium against the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Speaker 2: Dodgers making a roster move this afternoon. They have designated Jonathan Hernandez for assignment. The right handed pitcher is out. Right handed pitcher veteran brock Stewart is back in. He'll be in the bullpen and available tonight and news on Edwin Diaz. He had a scan today back in Los Angeles and everything seems okay, but he is still a little sore with neck inflammation and will remain on the injured list. Dodgers and Rookies' first pitch just around the corner, t.
Speaker 3: All right as we count you down to the first pitch on this Wednesday night, Dodger fans, get that game. Dave Meal on Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are you doing for dinner tonight? Still thinking? Well, help you out order Shakey's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at shakys dot com. Coming up here, Amarago Casino Dodgers on deck, David Bassaego's high in tight with the manager Dave. Robert d V of course checks in throughout the hour. The latest news we're here from show Heo Tony. We've got Jotani we Wind coming up. Latest injury news him, you're Tim and lude to Edwin Diaz. Good news, MRI came back negative. That is good. We'll get your Dodgers' magical mom. We gotta break down this pitching matchup. But up next to Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA. That's all coming up on this Wednesday. It leads up to Dodgers and Rockies from Denver. They should being with us. I'm Tim Kayson. This is the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Rockies. Final game in this three game set, Roki Sasaki on the mountain. First pitch from Corus Field is coming up at five forty.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewide o'toni swings and hammers are deep right center failed way back.
Speaker 5: It goes there.
Speaker 2: It is number thirty for show Hey o'toni and the Dodgers lead it three to one. It's another thirty home run season for show Hey. An absolute black the Dodger bullpen and deep right.
Speaker 1: Center field.
Speaker 2: Career home run number.
Speaker 3: Three hundred and ten. Show Hi Otani with the home run, his thirtieth of the year. Six years in a row he has done that. He has now hit three home runs in the first two games of this series. Otani now the twenty two game HITDIU streak accuris Field, third longest streak for a visiting player, as the Dodgers win it the last night by a final of seventy six.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson. Hey.
Speaker 3: Kirston now joins us from Denver. Brought to by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get rid of that old car. Donating today your car could be picked up tomorrow. That easy donate now our cars for Kids dot org. That's cars with Okay, all right. The Dodgers have won the first two games of this series, going for the sweep in the mile highest city. But the lineup looks a little different tonight, Kirston it does.
Speaker 6: So the Rockies have a lefty on the mound in Kyle Freeland, so Dave Roberts did kind of shake a few things up. Plus it's the third game in Denver, obviously playing an altitude something we often talk and so trying to make sure guys are getting a little time off their feet before the off day tomorrow, and of course then also be on the back end of thirteen in a row. So for today you've got Keithy Hernandez was playing at third base. Tommy Edmund is down, so that means that Miguel Rojas is playing at second Freddie Freeman. Just looking at the lineup, of course he's in the game, but he's actually batting fourth tonight, and primarily whenever there's bits a left on the mound, we've seen him batting third behind Andy Pajas. But Dave Roberts was saying that with Freelan, he's talented lefty, they kind of want to make it a little bit more tougher on him. Also, just kind of looking into the bullpen. He was like, I like the idea of forcing just either facing Freddie one more time or potentially forcing a change. So that's how things are looking. But he really likes where the group is at. Offensively. We've seen the top of the order get going to the bottom of the order be excellent last night, especially with the extra base hits, and so now it's just seeing a continuation for them building things together with their quality of at bats to hopefully bring it home to Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: Collectively they're doing it and individually kind of feel like Kyle Tucker's getting back on the right track.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he had a big extra base hit yesterday. And Dave Roberts last night, when he was talking about this game and guys who would potentially beat down, he said he was kind of going back and forth with the decision for Kyle Tucker, and he was saying, yes, you have the easy decision of you know, sitting him and allowing him to kind of get through this on his own, or you have the other decision that people probably don't that you're going to go to, and that's getting him out there and getting him to play and kind of play through this. And he said that he liked the bad he in general, he liked what he saw yesterday. He likes how you know, Kyle. As much as there are times where it's can be frustrating for him and things can be compounding, he is mentally in a good spot and so Dave roberts side, he wanted to have him out there today and even this afternoon he was actually out here doing early work with you know, evils of taking some flyballs. This obviously is a massive outfield and so just whether it's just reading it off the bat, making that first step, he was clearly working on through things and just showing how, you know, just like all of these guys, they've recognized it's a very long baseball season. One sixty two is no easy feat plus spring training that of course all of October because of the goals that this team has and the achievements that they've already done. So it's about how you show.
Speaker 1: Up every single day.
Speaker 6: And I think this was a good sign of just how he is showing up and how he is feeling in the support that he's getting not only from his teammates but also the coaching staff that want to help him, which I think was a really nice thing to see, no.
Speaker 3: Doubt about it. Get him back on track mentally and physically in the box, and this will be a Dodger team that's going to be hard to beat. Came here in September on October here, so we appreciate it. We will check back in with you after the game. Still to come here on Wrongo because you know Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper this bitching matchup. David vat segoes one on one with the Dodger manager Dave Roberts. But up next it injury report and we'll hear from show A, Oh Tony, It's the Dodgers and Rockies on this Wednesday night, first pitch at five forty. I'm Tim Kas's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech on your home for the blue All season Law.
Speaker 3: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Wednesday. As we lead you up to first pitch from Denver It's the Dodgers and the Rockies Marogo Casino Resort and spat a Grand Slam. Four good times. Rookie Sasaki on the mount first pitch coming up at five forty.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury Report presented.
Speaker 3: By UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. And when Diaz on the IL with the next inflammation. And the good news is the MRI came back clean. So he is now day today, but still on the injured list. Dalton Rushing on the IL with the elbow injury. Blake Trinan working his way back from the elbow inflammation. The good news is Brock Stewart came back off the injured list. I forgot about Brock will Smith on the IL the next inflammation as well. He's doing small activities. Tyler Glass now is making one more start in Triple A with Oklahoma City, that is tonight. So we'll keep you updated on how he does here on the pregame and then if not, on the post game, we'll get you an update on how he did in his final start before rejoining this Dodger rotation. All right, it's uh last night, big win, big win for the Dodgers, a seven to sixth victory over the Colorado Rockies. In the course, show hey Otani has a twenty two game hitting streak there in Denver at Corus Field. He's got three home runs in the first two games, and last night caught up with David Vasse afterwards, show.
Speaker 4: Hay Otani with this thirtieth home run of the season. How good does it feel to start to get the home runs going again?
Speaker 3: Hold on, dogim.
Speaker 7: My homerun does again? Home on doesn't get it one? I'm on what's tonight? Scotty plays Sunday.
Speaker 1: I'm not this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those homer at bats were pretty good. Good at bats, you know, I think, thank guy.
Speaker 8: I just wish that I could like driving the runs when I have to with running around on third base, situational hitting.
Speaker 3: I want to improve on that.
Speaker 4: Sure here I got to ask you this pcro Armstrong hit another home run tonight. How are where are you of what he's doing? And how competitive are you with him?
Speaker 8: Right now?
Speaker 7: Shm cutty message, but the but just you could put us this.
Speaker 1: Moments.
Speaker 4: No, really, just focus in our on our game and just making sure that I'm rehabbing well on the pitching side and continue to hit well, good posture, just crushing us.
Speaker 3: You uh show hey Otani, he withit the home run last night. Can you do it again tonight? Make it a home run in all three games. We'll find out. Well we continue here, I'm wrong with Casino. Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with David Vase as we lead you after first pitch. Dodgers and Rockies from Denver. I'm Tim Kates is the backback World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers ontach on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Rockies, Rookie Sasaki Kyle Freeland the pitching matchup for pitch coming up at five forty Dodgers going for the Sweet. Dodgers Baseball brought to by Alpto, born in La Made for your game day. Al Ponto brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, sauces, hot sauces, all right to your plate. Al Poto gormee in a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Base.
Speaker 3: All Right, David, Kyle Tucker struggles well documented, but last night maybe got back on track with that RBI double. How's he doing at the plate? How's he dealing with his routine?
Speaker 4: Well, one thing that we've suggested and everybody, he's a hitting coach at this point when you have struggles like Kyle Tucker's had this season. But I know for a fact that Sho Hail Tawny and Freddie Freeman when they're struggling, they're guys that like to hit inside in the cage, but when they feel they need to change the routine, they come out and take betting practice on the field. And I thought today we may see that with Kyle Tucker, because his routine is to hit inside and the first game of every series, come out in right field and shag during betting practice. He did that the first day in Denver. But today we saw something that we don't normally see Kyle Tucker do the final game of this series, go back out to right field and do the same thing that he does during the first game of every series. But Tucker ran out from right field once the round of BP was over and went back inside to hit inside, and you know, he runs off the field, so I walk with him back to the club and try to gauge his temperature. He was in good spirits and obviously a little self deprecating as well as we were talking going back to the clubhouse. But Dave Roberts told me earlier today they just got to keep stacking chips.
Speaker 3: With Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 4: And look, Tucker had a double inside the first baseline at eighty five miles an hour. He joked with me that he needed a little something extra on that. So he knows all this stuff. He just has got to find a way to work it out.
Speaker 3: David is brought to my Ford Summer Sales event. Don't wait, hurry in now for the best offers of the year. Go to buy Ford now dot com. We're You're Southern California Ford Dealer for more information. Ford Official Vehicle of Major League Baseball. Hunter Ferdusia. How's he feeling, David.
Speaker 4: Hunter Ferdusia is still not feeling great. Look a little pale today. Tim When I saw him in the clubhouse and Tommy Edmund, I found out is under the weather as well. So Tommy Edmund was our guest on the pregame show yesterday. So I helped myself to some chlorox wipes and wipe down my microphone today. So hopefully Tommy Edman is feeling better on the way home back to LA. But yeah, I think Tommy Edman caught whatever Hunter Fadusha has and Tanner Scott and Emma Sheen were trying to get in my head tim and said they want me to stay away from them because I might have got it as well. But I said, hey, I feel great, there's no issues here. Have those floorox wipes and they said it kills ninety nine percent of the germs. I got the one percent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've gotta get some of those kits that Dave Roberts is talking about all the time, those wellnesses. Kay, there we go, Yeah, no doubt. And he had a little adventure today, Dave outside of Denver.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Our director of travel, Scott Akasaki, put together a small group of staff members and invited some players to go to Broncos camp. We got to see their brand new facility, and Evan Phillips was the only player to take them up on the offers. So went out there with Evan Phillips and it's so interesting to see one professional athlete and the way he reacts when he sees another professional, you know, organization in a different league. And the way he was examining things was examining the size of the Broncos new locker rooms, new training rooms, new recovery rooms. So it's interesting to get a peek inside the mind of a professional athlete and how they compare Major League Baseball amenities and training rooms and weight rooms compared to the NFL. But it is it's a brand new facility, and the Broncos were out there getting ready for their last preseason game, and it was it was pretty spectacular. I gotta say I'm not easily impressed, but I.
Speaker 3: Was very cool. All right, dB, I'll check back you with you just a little bit, and it's gonna go one on one with the manager Dave Roberts coming up in about fifteen minutes. Still to come. No, we'll dive deeper this pitching matchup. But I'm next to Dodgers' magical moment Dodgers and Rockies. I'm Tim Kas's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio nowork.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and the Rockies one final time from Denver. Dodgers going for the sweep with rookie Sasaki on the mound, first pitch coming up at five forty.
Speaker 1: A hot dog who wants a hot God. It's time for the hawfe magical moment, ditch magical hawby hot Dogs.
Speaker 3: Well, Dodgers taking on the Rockies. Go back to twenty and eighteen. Yes, the Dodgers and Rockies had to play a game one sixty three because they were tied in the standing. So on October first, twenty eighteen, at Dodgers Stadium, they played a game one sixty three, a game in which Walker Bueller, a rookie, was absolutely dazzling to.
Speaker 8: Out top half of the ninth pinning.
Speaker 9: Oh and two para, twun on and miss strike three Champions strikes out para and for the sixth consecutive season, the Dodgers are the best in the West. As they come storming out of the dugout, congratulating one another on top of the hill, and that is where the Dodgers reside, champions of the National League Western Division, finishing the year at ninety two and seventy one. The Rockies finished the year at ninety one and seventy two, the best in the West.
Speaker 3: Yet again, Walker Buehler was fantastic. The Dodgers offense led by Cody Bellinger, who hit a two run home run in the fourth. Max Monsey smashed the two run home run in the fifth. Kille Jansen gave up home runs of the ninth, but the Rockies rally fell short. Dodgers won the game one sixty three back in October first, twenty eighteen by a final of five to two. The Hockey Magical Bomber brought to by Hofey Hot Dogs Haffey Soakow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Hofey hot Dogs, Local and so great. Well, we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with Charlie Steiner as we lead you out to first pitch. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers, Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Rockies. One final time from Denver, Kyle Freeland on the mount. Hegets Rookies' is Sockey time now for the Verizon startup, as we're thirty four minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big busy your So Cal Verizon store. Today we welcome in Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 10: All right, Tim, get away day and night for the Dodgers looking for a clean three games sweep from the Rockies. This is game one hundred and twenty seven, thirty six games and thirty nine days remain in the regular season. You know more, when folks get run down, they want to get away for a while. They head up to the mountains to rejuvenate their batteries. And that's what the Dodgers did and have done in the first two games of this series.
Speaker 5: I thought I was listening to an infomercial there for a moment about the heads of the hills. The Dodgers, fortunately have withstood the altitude up here. We'll see about Sasaki tonight, who came in later. They're trying to suck well a new view on maybe dealing with altitude. But be that as a make Yeah, the Dodgers a nice respite up here. They've played obviously, well, not just this year against the Rockies, where they've won nine of the twelve, but I mean you go back since twenty eighteen, they've gone ninety nine and thirty nine. Yeah, this place can be fun at times, it could be a nightmare at other times. And for the Dodgers, they finally look like now, Charlie, that they have found themselves and going back into the Dodger mode instead of that motive. Who are these guys?
Speaker 10: They outscored Colorado eleven to five in Game one, seven to six last night. In the two games, twenty four hits, thirteen extra base hits, five home runs, eight doubles in a triple. As a team, they're hitting three four and going back to June first of twenty twenty four, the Dodgers have won of their last thirty seven against the Rockies. Before we get to Sasaki, let's look back at another terrific performance by Eric Lower.
Speaker 5: He just gives the ball club opportunities to win. I know I use that term quite often, but that's what it is. When your starting pitcher takes the mound and gives your team an opportunity to score it. In other words, that they're not getting whitewashed to begin with. In down six to nothing, you're seven to two, very early in the ball game. So Lower went five innings very serviceable. Yes, he gave up four runs, only six hits, and struck out six. So it's Dodger bulk club. I think responds too from a standpoint is that they understand now they're starting pitching, when they take the mound, they have a job to do, and they're really doing a good job.
Speaker 10: When Lower starts, the Dodgers are eleven and one. Personally he is seven and one, and the bullpen came in did the job. Now we're not comparing the Colorado Rockies to the Milwaukee Brewers, but they did what they had to do, and tonight Roki Sasaki gets to start.
Speaker 1: He came in the night before trying.
Speaker 10: To figure out what's best to come into Colorado with the altitude, to come in early and get adjusted, or do you come in very late and just go at it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the doctors Charlie did some more research and they in the students said hey, we're going to give this a go. As some experts were saying, look, don't come in three days before you're going to perform at the altitude made the both you. So we'll find out what happens. You know, for Susaki, he's got back to the kind of sea level as far as what he's done, because prior to the All Star Break he was three and five with an ERA of over five and a quarter. Well, now in the five games after the All Star Break, not only is he two to oh, his ER now is just two point one in that period of time.
Speaker 10: What's interesting, I go back a million years ago when I was broadcasting for the Jets and flying into Denver to play the Broncos. The Jets decided they would leave instead of Friday night, they would leave Wednesday afternoon, and so for three days it would get adjusted to the altitude. I can't tell you if they won or lost, because in those days, the odds are they didn't win, but it was one of those thoughts that they had. Let's try it this way. We'll see how it works for Sasaki tonight. Kyle Freelan four and ten on the year, he enters the game right one hundredth out of one hundred and one major league starting pitchers with at least one hundred innings with an ERA of six twenty seven.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he's also one of those guys too, Charlie. Look at what he's done the three starts in the month of August. He's appeared to be a different guy. Why well, he's two and zero in those three starts with an ERA of just one twenty seven. So he has turned things around. He's run into problems against the Dodgers, you know, twenty eight starts in his careers five and thirteen with an ERA of almost five and a quarter against them. But he's on the roll right now. The last three audience.
Speaker 10: As a Dodgers get ready to play the Colorado Rockies. Of course, they dominated them through the years. Last night Milwaukee pounded Seattle twenty two to nothing. They host the Mariners tonight, and this same afternoon the Twins beat the Braves again. So the Braves now they're about two games behind the Dodgers. The Dodgers are two and a half behind Milwaukee. Two of those three teams will get a buy in the first round. At the moment, it is the Braves who are the last men's stand. Time will tell over the next six weeks or so. Lineups at first pitch coming.
Speaker 3: Up, All right, thank you, Charlie. Dodgers Baseball is presented by uniclod Field the Dodgers Stadium. Visit Uniclo dot com slash us still to come here. I'm wrong with Casino Dodgers on deck before first pitch, we get to a previous pitching matchup Tim and Rickley back with those keys to the game. But up next, High and tight with the manager himself, Dave Roberts, Dodgers and Rockies. I'm Tim Keates, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio.
Speaker 1: We're saying this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Rockies. Dodgers going for the suite with a rookie Sasaki on the mound. First pitch at five forty. Dodgers Baseball brought to by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day and Shaky's Dot Com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers are wrapping up thirteen straight games in a row, and it's time now for the Managers Meeting taking place today, presented by Downy Hunday with the one and only Dave Roberts. Dave, thanks a lot for the time, Appreciate.
Speaker 8: It, Dave. Good to sit with you and chat. You know, coming off a couple wins here in Denver, so in good in a good place right now. Offense is kind of rebounded, pitching has been good, so you know, want to close these guys out.
Speaker 4: Just to get the pulse of you and the team after a couple of games here in Denver, what are the vibes? Are you convinced things are going in the right direction?
Speaker 8: I am, you know, I'm not totally still appreciating results matter, just kind of how we've gone about things the last couple of days. You know, I think the team at bats and what I mean by that is, you know, swinging of strikes, taking balls, our swing percentage is lower, our chase rate is lower, and then the production's gone up. And I can see that from everyone in the lineup. So that's something to bet on going forward. So yeah, I think that we stacked a couple of days together and just kind of the vibe right now, guys are feeling good. They're looking forward to that off day coming up tomorrow, and then we've got another one on Monday, So you know, guys are in a good spot.
Speaker 4: Dave, You've taught us a lot over the years, But the one thing that stands out to me is how you've talked about earning good counts, which in turn has good results. Where does that come from individually and collectively?
Speaker 8: Well, I think first it is collectively in the sense of really understanding that that philosophy and buying into it, and then individually just understanding that, yeah, you get four balls for a walk, three balls for a strikeout, but they're all valuable, right, and so that dictates what a pitcher is going to do, what he can do, what he can't do, and so you know, you take that first pitch slider off, you're one to know you've earned a better opportunity where that they want to be too fine again and nibble, then you could be too to zero. And so those are things that I think that you continue to earn good counts and then you look at the body of work, then you look at your in good counts, and then you have more production.
Speaker 4: Since you took over. I remember being next to your dugout and those group of players and yourself would always be screaming at the hitter at the plate, keep going, keep going. Do you feel like that's the identity you have to rediscover?
Speaker 8: I do, you know, and have it as part of our DNA. But I think sometimes in a one sixty two marathon, you know, it's a grind, and every hitter will say that. Then it gets kind of lost a little bit, and you got to kind of bring that to the forefront. And yeah, you could be O two and you know, you win a pitch right there, you get back to one, two, and you just keep going and you you know, in Max months he did it a couple of nights ago where he was O two and one, a couple pitches, got back to two to two, spoiled a two to two inside heater, and then got to three. Then the next pitch was a homer. You know. So those are things that you keep fighting, you keep going, and not just just wave the white flag.
Speaker 4: Dave your Best Player show. Hey Otani told me last night, Yes, it was nice to hit his thirtieth home run of the year, but he was lamenting the fact that his other at bats he wasn't able to drive in runs in those situations. Is that a good feeling, a good tone setter from the best player?
Speaker 8: It is? It is, And I think that everyone praises the homer and the things that you can kind to see, but you know, not getting a guy in from third base, not getting a guy over second base, those are things when you have great players that lament, as you said, you know value those things, and you know that's when you have a championship culture, and you know, to hear Showey say that, that kind of that gives me goosebumps. I love it.
Speaker 4: Dave Roberts with goosebumps here. I got another question for Otani in last night. I asked him whether or not he's paying attention to what PCA is doing in Chicago.
Speaker 2: He would not.
Speaker 4: Concede that he is. But how much do you believe the MVP and the way PCA is pushing him this year is a factor going down the stretch.
Speaker 8: You know, Show He's always going to want to be his best version right and realize whatever expectation he has for himself. But obviously I think he's a very smart in tune player that it's hard not to ignore that, and you know, you only get so many chances to be an MVP, and obviously he's done it, you know, many times over. But you know, you got another guy making some noise. I'm certain he's aware of it, but it certainly doesn't play into is every at that kind of mindset? But I'm glad it's funny that he played a little koy.
Speaker 4: What about the pitching side of it? Everybody keeps debating PCA's defense and Otani's fourteen starts this year. Where are we with the possibility of Otani returning.
Speaker 8: Well, he's had two good bullpen sessions right around thirty five pitches, and he's either gonna you know, throw another bullpen here at home over the weekend or do a live session at some point soon, a one inning session to build off of that. But I could see early September him, you know, coming back and you know, building up from an inning to two innings and going forward there.
Speaker 4: Are you comfortable with all that doing what you did last year with the rehab starts being at the major league level.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think we all are. We're all aligned. From Showhy to the front office, to the training staff, coaching staff, and he's one of our best pitchers, so any inning we can get from him is certainly valuable and additive. So yeah, we're good with it. Thanks a lot for the time, Dave.
Speaker 4: Enjoy your day off and obviously the Dodgers are doing pretty well these days with seventy six wins in counting. Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 8: All right, Dave, we'll catch up next week.
Speaker 4: Can't wait either, can you right?
Speaker 8: Can't wait, Dave.
Speaker 4: Dave Roberts has been our guests, presented by Downy Hundai.
Speaker 8: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: All right, Thanks a lot, DV. Thank you to the manager Dave Roberts. As we lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and Rockies from Denver. Up next and dive deeper and in this pitching matchup, don't you go anywhere? I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio.
Speaker 1: Know where this is? Morongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 3: His Dodgers and the Rockies one more time from of course field in Denver. Dodgers going for the sweep. Also a chance to pick up another half game in the standards with the Padres already losing today, first pitch coming up at five forty.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 3: Matchups brought to you buy your Toyota dealers. We make it easy. Kyle Freeland on the mound for the Rockies, four and ten with a six twenty seven ERA, thirty three year old left hander, tenth year in the big leagues, all with the Rockies, making his twenty third start this year. Last time out, Kyle Frieland eight innings, one run, four hits in a win over the Giants, and his last three starts he's two to zero because that other win was a complete game, one run, five hitter, eight strikeouts against the Kansas City Royals. This is Kyle Frielan's twenty ninth start against the Dodgers. His twenty eight starts going to today are the most against the Dodgers by any active pitcher. He's four and thirteen, though, with a five to twenty three RARA against them. Making his third start against the Dodgers this year oh to one with a fourteen RORA. His twelve quality starts so against the Dodgers since his first year in the majors are the most by any pitcher against the Dodgers since twenty seventeen. Rookie Sasaki on the mound five and five with a four to four six ERA. The twenty four year old right handers really started to turn it on here the second half of the season. Since the All Star break, Sasaki is two to zero with a two to ten ERA, twenty eight strikeouts and a one ninety six opponent's batting average over thirty innings. That's pretty good over those five starts. Last time out, six innings, two runs, four hits, two strikeouts in a winner with the Milwaukee Brewers, making his twenty second start, his third career start against the Rockies and his other two both this season against Colorado. No wins, no losses, A five RRA, seven strikeouts. He's made his coors Field debut in his first start back on April nineteenth, pitching into the fifth inning. Broki Sasaki Kyle frielan the pitching matchup. Dodgers and Rockies were fifteen minutes away for first pitch. Keys of the game are next. I'm Tim Kais is the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Rockies Rookie Sasaki and Kyle frielan the pitching matchup first pitch coming up at five forty as the Dodgers sit at seventy six and fifty one. They've won two in a row, looking for the sweep. In Denver, Padres have already lost Diamondbacks one. So as we speak, the Padres are eight and a half games back, the Diamondbacks nine and a half games back. A Dodger win means the Padres would fall back to nine games back in the division. The Diamonbacks would go back to ten games back. So a chance to pick up some ground here, at least on San Diego with a victory in Colorado's we get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo Start Great Moments, Start with Sapporo Beer. Whatever your taste preference, Saporo has you covered with a variety of Christpa refreshing loggers, including lights and non alcoholic beers. Soporo good with sushi, great with baseball, back out to the booth one final time, Tim and Rick, guys, Tim.
Speaker 2: Thanks again as we get you ready for this one. The Dodgers will send rookie Sasaki to the mom five and five and a four point four to six earn run average. He has faced the Rockies twice already this season, so third time around for Roki and the Dodgers trying something a little different with him. Though he didn't fly in here until yesterday. The Dodgers left him back in Los Angeles and due to sports science studies, they felt that it would be better to have him fly in about twenty four hours before the game, come in here and pitch and get right back on the plane and get back to Aline.
Speaker 5: Well, we're going to find out, because otherwise you'd be asking, well, why didn't the other two starting pitchers fly in not that early? So yeah, maybe it's a change into the guard on how you approach coming into this. Weallparker're going to find out. It's this hockey has turned things around before the All Star break. Is era was over five and a quarter since the All Star break five games. Not only is he two to zero, that era is just two point one.
Speaker 2: The opposition tonight. Kyle Freedham, the left hander, has been pitching well lately. He comes off a game against the Giants where he won eight solid innings. A couple of starts before that, he pitched his first career complete game against Kansas City. But the Dodgers have hit the long ball against Kyle Freeland in the past Sho Hey O Tony to name one the Mookie Betts. He's also had three home runs against him, and Tommy Edmund has a pair.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think first of all, he throws a lot of off speed pitches, but first pitch of it bats this year for eighty average. Go hunting that first delivery.
Speaker 2: Kyle Freeland the south pa against the right hand of Roki Sasaki, final game of his three game sent as the Dodgers look for a sweep here in Colorado.
Speaker 3: Tim, all right, don't forget when this game is over. I got you cover with all the post game. We'll get you an update on what's happened in the standings and around baseball as well. Dodgers going for the sweep. First pitch from Denver is next. This is Ben Rongo, Casino Dodgers on deck on your back to back world Champion Dodgers, all your network,