Speaker 1: Morning, ladies, gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine.
Speaker 2: Lit Beaverville.
Speaker 3: Come man, I woke up yesterday morning with a spring of my stat start later, please, I could never know what the day was US Florida.
Speaker 2: Listen up. The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key Democrat super duper.
Speaker 4: That's nice way to go, Nato Gay, Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 2: Sweet. It is Friday, October third of twenty twenty five. This is the Power True Morning Show. I'm Corey Cole. That's meat sauce, Paul Lambert, there's Zachary Halverson. Mark Parrish is here early on a Friday because no John Crestal today. We'll check in shortly with Chris Hockey from England. I assume hi, Mark, goodbye, Hi, Good morning guys. I'm doing wonderful, just great.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Marnie Galler will be here in a little bit. Alicia lewis coming in about eight. You know, Like again, I said yesterday she was going to do the Initials tournament this summer, but I don't know. She's like had a baby or.
Speaker 3: Something that's important. I mean, come on, that's a weird. We should have an all pregnant women edition of initials.
Speaker 2: Love that idea. Start putting that together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, love it.
Speaker 2: It was pregnant.
Speaker 3: You gonna line that one up.
Speaker 2: Who's uh pregnant people? Half the sales staff that works here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good point. It's a good point. Now maybe Hog's dad is Andy, and is Andy pregnant? Yeah, possibly somebody who's pregnant. Maybe he's pregnant after yesterday.
Speaker 3: Never know. Modern medicine is amazing.
Speaker 2: Yes it is, it really is. Parish already has on his Jefferson Blue ready to go colfon, Go go Jags. We don't play for six hours. By good for you.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Thanks for the inside. You can play.
Speaker 5: Its hey high sweet peace, Good morning, I huck great, wonderful.
Speaker 2: I have something new.
Speaker 1: He first of goal hand off William jump cut to the right and diving for the goal line.
Speaker 2: Did the ball come out? The ball came out at the one yard.
Speaker 6: Line in San Francisco recovers.
Speaker 2: So I don't know if you were listening, Chris, after you disconnected yesterday, I was not known. We all this is, this is what's gonna happen. We should have known the second, we started making fun of Chris how this was going to play out. We were making fun of you because we're pretty convinced you picked the Ravens when you picked the whole season earlier in the week before you realize maybe that Lamar wasn't going to play right.
Speaker 1: So we're like, We're like, does he know that it might be Cooper Rush?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we looked at the board and we're going, all right, half of us have the Rams.
Speaker 2: I switched from the Cardinals to the Rams. That was a bad decision that Rams fumble was the killer. So three of us are I think it's three. Three of us are eliminated from last night. There's three others that have the Cardinals, Tommy Fargo, Flash of Crease, and you have the Ravens. So why why didn't we know the second that we made fun of Chris that the Rams were gonna lose, The Cardinals are going to lose, and the Ravens are going to win, and by Monday morning, Chris is going to be the winner. That's what's gonna happen. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The worst part about it was literally, of course, you know, though I put into it, I hadn't, So I'm sitting here Wednesday morning, just listening to you guys. Yeah, you know what, I like what they have to say. I'm gonna go rams to yep. Well, and they should have won a mistake, the huge mistakes. They blew it so many ways.
Speaker 2: It was hard to watch, from a blocked extra point or the other field goal they botched, from the fumble at the one, which was the killer I know, power Tropas. Before that fumble, they were minus nine fifty like it was over. It was, it was under a minute. They were going to take the lead, and then in overtime they have fourth and inches, and I love that McVeigh win for it, but he's saying he picked the wrong play. He can't believe he picked that play put his team in a bad spot. They weren't going for the tie now again, perish, we don't want to.
Speaker 3: Tie because exactly yeah.
Speaker 2: I love that he went for the win. And then they run it right into the wall of the Niners and the games over just so it just botched it.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, get I literally it was. And that was like after the fumble, I was really close to just shutting it off. And then when we tied it up going into overtime. I was like, I got a bad figure. I turned it off. I literally didn't even watch the overtime. I couldn't watch it.
Speaker 2: Actually, again, it was really good for the if you're on the Rams. The Niners pretty much marched down and then got stopped in field goal range. Kick a field goal. So then the Rams of course have a lot of leverage. They know exactly what they need. They can have four downs, they get at least a field goal, if not the touchdown, which is what they went for. And they got down in the red zone unbelievably fast, like I think it was a thirty eight yard or to add well, like it was like this is they're going to come all the way back, They're going to stake in the end zone. It's going to be over and then they got stopped in fourth and inches. Son of a pitch.
Speaker 1: So anyway, so the Cardinals will lose to the Titans on Sunday, the Ravens will win, and Crystal.
Speaker 2: Scoop up like I don't know, twenty two hundred dollars or something. Pull your hands up.
Speaker 1: I have a question what happens if the Cardinals lose in the Ravens.
Speaker 2: Loose According to bets it's a seven way split. So it's a seven way tie, and we split the money of the whatever it is, four hundred is it five? Well not twenty four hundred. That's what it said. I'm just saying. I'm just saying what he said. Well, we're splitting. We would split how many it would split? One hundred dollars or sorry, one thousand dollars five ways. You don't split your own money. You get your two hundred dollar. Oh wow, reading don't you don't hear? It doesn't make any stick. It doesn't matter if mcvah, I don't understand it.
Speaker 1: The other thing, too, is I think I saw I of course turned it off at halftime because I'm an old man and I saw the highlights of this morning on Sports Center. Did they not run a sneak because they don't want Stafford to get hit.
Speaker 2: Because of his bad back?
Speaker 1: Is that why he dropped and then like handed it off to that Williams cat that was like seven yards in the backfield.
Speaker 2: I don't know that must.
Speaker 7: That makes sense to me. You don't want that old man going on the head first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get correct, So that's why you don't They don't you normally you'd run a sneak, but they don't want him hit because yes see, the title of the podcast an hour three yesterday is the Ravens.
Speaker 2: Yeah so much. We were so convinced that you weren't paying attention. I wasn't like he's going to be out.
Speaker 7: I didn't pay attention at all. I picked all all of my games for the rest of the year before we left to come here, which was more than a week ago, so I hadn't even looked. I don't even know who was playing last night. I know we said it like four times yesterday, but I don't listen to you guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no idea.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, congrat who cares about this seven waste split? It's going to be a one way split with Chris getting all of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, thank you.
Speaker 7: I feel good about it. And yeah, I mean I still you know, I still feel I hold out hope that I'll win the whole thing, but you know, I'm just not going to freak out too much. I feel pretty good about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. What was your day like in England yesterday?
Speaker 7: All right, let me tell you guys. So got off the air, went back to the hotel. My good friend Undie was waiting and Pete was there and I said, Pete, do you want to go on an adventure? And he started removing his pants. I said, not that kind. He said, yes, let's go on an adventure. So we did so when when Andy got there, he says, where do you want to go? And I said, I want to see something old, and he had a great line. He said, well, I'll take you by my mother in law's house, which was funny.
Speaker 2: Call your hands up.
Speaker 7: And I think the question this morning is did hawk?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 7: I did not, but I'm sure I would because a lovely lady lovely loss. So Andy proceeded to take Pete and I an hour northeast to the city of Cambridge, where the College of Cambridge is, and he said, you want to see old stuff. There's old stuff here and we said cool. I've never it made my whole trip. It made my whole year seeing that city. I don't know if you guys got a chance to see the videos I posted yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you.
Speaker 7: Didn't, I'll send them to the group chat. I cannot believe what these eyes saw yesterday. I was like Rudy's dad yesterday. But it wasn't just me. Pete was like Rudy's dad yesterday. It was unbelievable. The College of Cambridge was created in twelve nine, twelve oh nine one two zero nine.
Speaker 2: That's older Andy's mother in law.
Speaker 7: And she was the appetizer, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Oh, but so we walked around.
Speaker 7: You just you can't believe it, man like, But it's not just that. I'm going to go on record right now and anybody who's been there is going to agree with me. I guarantee it. It's the most vibrant, antique city I've ever been to in my life. It's obviously a college town, so but it's not just a college town. It's a giant college town. Like it's weird of you, because universities are big old places, right, and then they have colleges within the universities. So Cambridge University is this giant city. And then you have this college over here, which is the College of Blank but has its own name. And then there's a completely separate college over here that is the College of Blank. It's under Cambridge, but it has its own name. It's as if like let's say Saint John's or Metropolitan State or whatever. We're underneath the umbrella of the University of Minnesota. And they were all the same campus, only spread out all over the place. And if you went to Metropolitan, you never went to man Cato, do you know what I mean. It's but they were all from I mean. We went on top of this church that they started building in fourteen eighty one, I think, or something like that, and we walked one hundred and twenty five steps all the way up to the top, which ain't easy, by the way, I ain't gonna lie to you, and I saw the whole city. It was simply beautiful. And then we came down and we walked over to this pizza place, because that's what you do, you know. And at one point I turned to Pete and Andy and I said, it's like we're on a movie set and they keep sending out extras to walk by because because the city traffic, foot traffic and bicycle traffic never stopped, not for one second. The place was so vibrant, and every shop was full, and people were shopping and kids were laughing, and old people were helping each other, and nobody's fat, and everybody's walking and riding bicycles.
Speaker 1: Do you say, helping each other or humping each other, and it sounded like you said old people were humping each other.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful. Yeah, it sounds like.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know right, one of the colleges is the College of Humping, So yes, they all people perfect each other. Lie, but no, yeah, it's just it was. It was beauty. I can't I can't do a good job of explaining just how wonderful it was. I would tell you one hundred times out of one hundred, fly to London, you know, flying to Heathrow, spend a day in London, see what this place is about, fight your way out of town, and spend the rest of your time in Cambridge. Because that's exactly what I'm going to do when I come here again. I'm just going to stay there, get a hotel downtown and just explore that place, because I mean, that's where Isaac Newton was, all right.
Speaker 2: I mean, well you're familiar with his work, right, He's the E equals MC squared bit nailed it, and the Apple guy nailed his head nailed.
Speaker 7: Then the guy who who came up with the idea, the guy who came up with the idea which actually came to fruition for the very first computer. Did it in one of the buildings that I walked by yesterday?
Speaker 2: What, yeah, I mean, mister Dell, Yeah exactly. It nailed it again and you're on fire.
Speaker 1: You're on the one the first video you posted yesterday. It looks like a movie set.
Speaker 7: I can't believe it. I can't believe what I saw it. But even more so, like it was so cool to be near a city where that was so vibrant, like the whole downtown, all the old buildings everything. There were so many people in all the shops. There wasn't a shop or a restaurant or a bar or a church even that I saw that didn't have a pack. The line of people waiting to purchase something. It just felt so healthy, It felt so so good and and I don't know, it felt so human. I don't know what else to say. It was beautiful.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's yeah, absolutely, especially with like when.
Speaker 2: You're staying like two hours out out of London, you got to find something to do, and just sounds like you found something to do.
Speaker 7: Yeah for sure. Yeah, so that made the whole trip that was really cold, and then we then we came back, Thank you, Marco, And then we came back and picked up Pa. And this is a great story. And I wish Paul was here to tell it. Oh boy, I wish he was here to tell it. This is I'm gonna tell you guys, maybe are we Are you on a break because I can tell you in the next segment. I promised this story. You won't believe the story, of.
Speaker 2: Course Pa, of course it has to be Oh boy, Bobbers.
Speaker 7: You won't believe it. I gotta tell you, And you got to give me time to tell it because I got to set it up perfectly, and I'm gonna try to do a good job of telling you.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do it. Next segment.
Speaker 7: I can't wait to tell you. I I hope I can communicate it to you in a way that just relays the moment yesterday that happened as we were watching horses race sauce.
Speaker 2: What if the story has something to do with Pa just being bombarded with leaves.
Speaker 1: I would tell them to go to Gutterhelmet mn dot com like Parish did at gutter Helmet for your gutters. You don't have to worry about them if they ever ever. And it's a small possibility. They ever get filled with leaves, they will clean them for you. But don't ever worry about your gutters by going to gutter Helmet at Gutterhelmet mn dot com.
Speaker 2: All right, Chris is in England. Mark Parrish is already here. Marnie Galliner will join in a little bit. Alicia Lewis around eight o'clock. She's gonna play initials at eight fifteen. And the jackpot today one hundred thousand, five hundred dollars thanks to Saint Paul Federal Credit Union, slightly over all one hundred k. Just no big deal, just one hundred k.
Speaker 7: And Adam Deelon, by the way, I'm sorry to meet what on?
Speaker 2: When is that now?
Speaker 7: He's gonna walk over? They believe at one thirty my time, which means it's two hours from now, so about seven thirty.
Speaker 2: Alright on perfect more than power to a morning show after this on the fan.
Speaker 3: Fan.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back to the Power Trip Morning Show. Chris is still in England. At Chris, what's your plan for Monday? I think the I think you said the team flies out right after the game, or relatively close to after the games. Are you back on the show in the Twin Cities on Monday or is there a delay there.
Speaker 7: I'm in the Twin Cities on Monday, but I will not be back on the show. We we My bus leaves the air the hotel Sunday morning at seven point thirty. I go to the stadium. I work all day. When the game is over, we get on the bus, go to the airport, get on the plane and fly home. So I won't be in a bed again for about twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So if you guys can live without me for darely appreciate that that co Yeah, So that is the plan right now. And you know if I get any and in fact, I will get some interviews and stuff after the game that I can forward you guys to have for the show in the morning, stuff like that. But that is the plan. Yeah. It's uh, it's gonna be a long day, but it's it is exciting, man, and you can see it starting to kick in a little bit. In fact, there have been some things moving around today. At seven am your time, I believe right behind me over here to my left, KOC is going to be doing a press conference, and so I'll have to be quiet during that segment, or we can actually just pot it up and run it if you want Vikings dot com or something like that. If you guys, yeah, that'll happen at seven. Then not long after that, as I was saying before the break, Adam dealand will come over and make his weekly appearance with us too.
Speaker 2: Very cool.
Speaker 1: Hey, we asked liber what, how do you think, uh, Sunday's game is gonna go?
Speaker 7: Man, I do believe that our defense is going to win this game for us. I just I think he's gonna you know, uh, confuse that kid. He's obviously he's not very big. And I think you get Brian Fores an opportunity to to mount a blitz package and a coverage package against a kid who's brand new to it. And if we can find a way to make sure he doesn't get out of the pocket and run all over us, because that's what Ben's afraid of, is he's going to just run all over on Sunday. I think we can win based on the strength of our defense and get just enough out of our offense to get it done. It does help, by the way, and I was wrong, by the way, they're gonna They're gonna put Brandell at center and put, Yeah, he's gonna be our center. And who's what's the kid's name? Hi on Hugh, what's yeah? Er he's yeah, that's exactly. He's going to be the guard. So brand I will move to center and he'll be the guard. So that'll be the offense offensive line. But but the cool thing is that they've been practicing like that all week and they'll have plenty of time actually doing those things. But I don't believe I think they said yesterday in one of the articles I read that Brandell has only practiced the center. I don't believe he's ever taken a snap at center.
Speaker 2: I think you are correct. Yeah, man, after you you left yesterday, Chris, we had dot com Tom on right, Tom Pella Sero, and we asked him about Garrett because we're like, look, he's apparently banged up and you know, questionable for Sunday, and he, with a smile on his face, goes, Miles misses a lot of Wednesdays. You know, he just said yesterday he was limited.
Speaker 1: But which is kind of funny because I think Tom's like, look, I'm sure he's quote hurt.
Speaker 2: Miles is just taking Wednesday off he's going to play on Sunday routine. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He seemed very confident that this is just what miles And it's not like again, it's if he took every Wednesday off and then sucked on Sundays, you'd be like, you need to practice all week.
Speaker 2: He's the best player on the two, right, So just let him do what he wants, if he wants. I mean, Darisa, didn't he have another day arrest? He said, two days of quote rest. That's how good Darris saw is. It's like, look, he's going to have to carry the load on Sunday. Let the man take a break.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's certain guys that that's literally all it's about keeping him healthy, keeping them healthy, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Chris. One man that needs to stay healthy is Paul Allen because he has to call that game Sunday morning, walk us through whatever this disaster was yesterday, all right.
Speaker 7: So I don't know, maybe, Jared, if you don't mind, maybe walk over and see if he's upstairs, would you please? I want him to be able to come. Oh there he is. No, that's Jim rich.
Speaker 2: Hid Jim, same thing, Buddy Hi.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, very identical personalities.
Speaker 7: That's Mark Wolf Hi how you doing.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a Ziggy's son. Oh yeah, who was that again? Was that nance?
Speaker 7: Nance?
Speaker 2: Jim nance? That was the best.
Speaker 7: Yes, so you guys, let me know if it's too loud. Okay. So on the way back from Cambridge, I text Pa and I'm like, hey, we're rolling by the hotel. Do you want to go hang out? And he goes, absolutely, but I can't stay out late. And I said okay, and he goes, can we go play to ponies? I said sure. It was like getting a text from a four year old. Yeah, they said absolutely. So there's this little it's the craziest thing. Guys. They bet on everything over here right this town of where, this town of where is maybe this I can't even describe how small the time. It's not a very big town at all. But they have two betting places, not casinos, just places you can go in and place bets on horses and watch the horses on TV. I've never ever, even when I've been to Canterbury a couple times, I think I bet on horses twice, maybe, like I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm pretty good at betting on doggies apparently, but not on way to get myself in trouble with that. So we go in and we sit down and Pa is a wonder. I mean, you would expect he'd be right, like that's what he does, he's normally announcing, but apparently he's not just announcing. He knows those horses, and he's got sources, and he knows what he's doing. And he literally ran through why this horse that he was picking was gonna be the horse that was going to win this race, and he told us all the different possibilities. This horse has won a lot of money, but he's had four months off, and so they're running him in this race. And they're gonna run him in this race, and it's a stakes race, which means they put a steak on him at twenty five thousand dollars. If you want to buy this horse, you can at the end of this race. This race is this horse he's up for sale. And he says, so what that means is either this is a great horse and they just want to sell him so somebody can take him to the next level, or he's hurt and they know it and they want to get rid of him. So we're gonna put this amount of money on him. So I take twenty green whatever they wears out of my pocket and I put twenty green whatever they are down on this horsey, right, and if the horse he wins, I'm gonna win big. And then Pete does the same thing. He takes I think his was purple. He takes a purple one out of his wallet and puts it on. And then Andy says, no, no, I'm not doing. I'm not doing. We're like, okay, cool and.
Speaker 2: Live a little bit. You got that money, let's go. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I don't know what he was thinking. I don't know what he's saying. But so then Pa takes out a lot of pinks. Purpose right, it really feels like monopoly money doesn't feel real, which is a problem different sizes.
Speaker 3: WHOA, that's fine, typical Friday alarm right there.
Speaker 2: Wake up to you know it.
Speaker 7: You know, if you're waking up now, you're late. But anyway, I digress. So we put it down on this horse. He and I'm telling you guys, this horse takes off and it ran the exact race that Pa said he was going to run. As the horse he's going around the track. And by the way, this is a race that's happening I think in like uh in in Baltimore or something like that. So we're watching horse racing from all over the world and this one's happening in Baltimore and it's happening live. And this horse he is just whooping their asses. You can't believe it. He's he's like, he's a different level horse. And the jockey's right like up on him and not even like really trying, and and Pa is like, now watch, watch, he's not even try. And that other horse came up beside him, and that horse thinks he's got something for him. But that other horse is dead ass. That's what he said. He said that other horse is dead ass, and he had got nothing for him. And he said, now watch him. He's gonna come around the third corner right there, and he's gonna kick it in a little bit and he's gonna take off. He's gonna win by five lengths. And I swear to you it was unbelievable. That's exactly what happened. Like as soon as he said it was going to happen, the guy got down, gave him a little whip and little kick and you know, or whatever you.
Speaker 2: Do, and that horse he kiss the kiss.
Speaker 7: So anyway, so I gotta be careful because they're doing a press conference. Mark will find me right now. So the horse pulls away and is leading by twenty yards, and we are hooting and hollering, and people are hating us because they're in there watching horse races. And Pa is making noises, you know, the Pa makes and he's tickling people that he didn't know. And the lady, the lady behind and does who's working the counter, is like, I close in fifteen minutes, you know, I mean, like we're doing it and we're celebrating, and guys, fifteen yards from the finish line, it was like John Kriesel in a gosh darn hummer, Oh god, that horse went nose first into the ground. I've never seen anything like it in my life.
Speaker 2: It happens.
Speaker 7: I couldn't believe what I saw. We were watching it, like we were celebrating. He had fifteen yards to the finish line, and he just knows first tripped over nothing, nothing, tripped over nothing. He knows first into the finish line, the jockey goes flying what direction. Horses are scattering the horse. He gets back up and runs and he gets second, but that doesn't count apparently, because he didn't. I've never seen anything like it in my life. It was I swear to god, I had to check them make sure it wasn't the John Christ Memorial Race for horses. It was. It was like he stepped on an ied. He just it was like somebody tripp It was like it was I've never seen anything like that.
Speaker 2: Gets Let me ask, let me ask, let me ask the question. We're all thinking, did somebody get to this horse? Did the horse take a fall? Because some mobster was like, look, all your little phillies are down, we're going to take them all out if you don't take one for the team here. And that horse fell intentionally, It's possible.
Speaker 3: We've all had that moment where we're trying to get by somebody that's walking slow and you walk quick past him and catch a little toe or something. We get out front, and what you do is you just kind of keep walking like nothing happened. And that's exactly what that horse did. Like the horse gets it at that point.
Speaker 7: It looked like he tripped over, like like a bad piece of sidewalk. I've never seen anything like it. And the John must and the jockey must have went fifteen yards and and pie goes for God. The noise that Pa made was like Chewbacca combined with Cheetah. I don't know the noise he made. Get scared everybody in the room, and he was like nonch.
Speaker 2: Of pinks and greens on it.
Speaker 3: It's weird thought all the colors.
Speaker 1: If Meatzos took off down the hallway and then tripped over nothing, we'd go.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, makes sense when he's on men.
Speaker 1: If a cheetah trips, you'd be like, what the bleep you're supposed to do?
Speaker 7: Is right?
Speaker 2: Nobody knows how to run better than a horse. What is a horse tripped? What's happening?
Speaker 7: That's what I asked him. I'm sorry Mark, but I asked Pa. I'm like the horse he got up and ran, is he okay? And Paul said, he looks like he's fine. If he was hurt, if he broke a leg, he'd be laying there and he but he got up and ran. He's like, no, no, no, I got this.
Speaker 3: That what I was gonna ask. Did the horse like kind of quick look over his show, kind of like anybody see that before he started running?
Speaker 2: You're all right?
Speaker 6: Girl?
Speaker 7: It did look like he looked around like no, no, no, I meant to do this. It doesn't hurt. But meanwhile his toes hurt really bad.
Speaker 3: You know, it kind of kind of got a limp coming up.
Speaker 2: Well, and don't forget you. You had maybe like twenty euros on that horse. Pete maybe had twenty euros on that horse. Pa had three months mortgage on tripped.
Speaker 7: Listen, I'm not gonna I don't know how much it was, but he antimated that it was. If he had if that horse had made it fifteen more yards without going curly mowing, Larry or what if he had made fifteen more yards it would have been it would have been four zero. He would have made a lot of money.
Speaker 1: That's a that's about a you know, like obviously sometimes horses get tired, you got a huge lead, you get, you get, you know, a nose at the wire and boom you lose. That is the worst beat I've heard in a long time in horse racing. Just a horse that's walking away with it tripping over nothing. Because most most collisions I think are right out of the gate. Yeah, like when when they're crossing over and they're getting tangled up the right legs get tangled. I think somebody that knows horse racing better than me can can verify that. But I think a lot of them are right out of the gate when all the horses are right next to each other.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Did Pa say that he's essentially never seen that.
Speaker 7: He said it never happens. That's why he said it. Well, and the thing that he said never happens is that the horse he got up and ran off like it wasn't like his leg exploded, and that would have been terrible to see. Obviously, you know, we I want those horses to be fine, but it wasn't like that. It literally looked like he tripped.
Speaker 5: Just like.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable.
Speaker 7: He's got a video that's somewhere unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: See this reason though, another reason why dog racing kicks ass because on that first turn on almost every dog track in the country, there's a huge pile up of six or seven of the dogs go ass over ten cups just boom boom, boom boom.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, there's no threat of like, are we gonna have to put this dog down?
Speaker 1: It's the opposite. It's like they look like they're having a black right, like like their hog Pilon just for fun.
Speaker 7: I thought we were gonna have to put Paul down. I'm not gonna lie to you. I thought we were gonna have to put pa down. I thought we were gonna have to bring out the shotgun in the tent to put him down. He was destroyed. That's the worst.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the worst beat I've ever heard of by If he.
Speaker 7: Comes by, I gotta have him tell you the story. I'm but but again, I'm amazing. You know I shouldn't be amazed because that's what he does and he's been doing it forever. But he called it as if he knew what was happening, like he knew what was gonna happen.
Speaker 3: It was unbelieved easiest money that he's probably was ever gonna make.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm like, who's gonna buy that horse? He now he didn't have you tripped over his own shoe strings.
Speaker 3: Rights or somebody like that.
Speaker 2: All right, Sports, after this, Chris, this is the power of hip morning chill on the fan. Well, if you like the heat in.
Speaker 1: Minnesota, I love the heat in Las Vegas. Oh you know, sure your way This October the twenty third through the twenty six will be broadcasting from Tom's watch bar. We had two massive football watch parties. You stay where you want, fly where how you want, and you decide how do you want to party to Vegas Your Way POWERTRIPWAYKFA dot com slash Vegas.
Speaker 2: There is nothing more Minnesota than talking about the weather. So let's do it quickly. Eighty seven today, eighty seven tomorrow, eighty one on Sunday, and then the bottom drops out and it gets to the mid to high sixties. So this summer wave essentially is about two and a half days away from going.
Speaker 7: Hell. Yeah, I was refusing to come home.
Speaker 2: It's too hot. You're gonna time it perfectly. The second you get back, it's going to be back in the sixties.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I wasn't gonna come in all kill. I'm so glad we're missing this. It must be what I know, right, it must be fifty eight degrees.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's sixty two right now, so yeah, we're similar to you in England. But sixty two with a high of eighty seven.
Speaker 7: Yuck, it's all day here.
Speaker 2: That sounds lovely. I mean, if it's just going to be this hot, if it's going to be eighty seven, today. I got ninety here.
Speaker 1: By the way, I'm going to stay indoors nineties in the Twin Cities in October.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yes, we are going to go torture ourselves today.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: You're not playing golf?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Why really?
Speaker 2: Yeah you don't like golf.
Speaker 1: I mean I like it to play with Perry and my buddy and our buddy Scott Taylor.
Speaker 3: And you gotta find something to do when it's not raining.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Scotty was over here in Ireland with us.
Speaker 2: Yeah he was.
Speaker 7: He was. Yeah, he was controversial, very very controvers no way, right he was. Yeah. Yeah, he was wearing a skirt, trying to tell people that it was a kilt. But it's just a lady skirt, very short skirt, very very short.
Speaker 3: Probably today they'll probably be wearing it today golfing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he probably should. It's gonna be that hot.
Speaker 2: That's what you should have done in Ireland is where a Kilton just goes sands panties. Yeah, that's what do you want to do, just to see what happens. See if a strong breeze blows you hate sands panties. Hate it when it stands in my panties.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, listen it's like this, as hot as it is, you should not be wearing anyone or any underwear of any kind because it's just gonna make It's gonna chape, is what it's going to do.
Speaker 2: To stand doors. Yeah, my basement sixty two degrees. It's lovely.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 7: When I get back, it starts to change, and then it's gonna feel like football season finally in the snow around the corner, and the speech is less than a month away.
Speaker 2: About that?
Speaker 6: About that?
Speaker 2: All right, let's do fun page sports. That's yeah, pretty close. Yeah, and what do we uh get thirty ish days?
Speaker 1: Yeah, time now for front page sports by Holiday Station Stars.
Speaker 2: Thanks to Holiday, you can buy more, save more. When it comes to mountain dew, get that new trolley flavored mountain dew, but you can mix imagine any variety of a mountain dew that you want, three for six box for a limited time with our friends at Holiday. Thanks Holiday, Thank you, Aladay, thank you Holidays.
Speaker 3: Stout there this morning.
Speaker 2: It has been a while since I've had just said an ice cold, freaking mountain. Just old school, Yeah, the old school. I'm cool.
Speaker 3: Twenty ouncers, my dorm fridge, looks just all mountain deck nice, didn't need water anything else.
Speaker 7: Dangerously close to running out of five hour energies. And I don't know what I'm gonna do. I can't find them anywhere over here. I've got three left. I don't know what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: Amazon to you.
Speaker 7: I don't know if I could do that or not. Maybe I could do that? Could I do that? I bet I could do that.
Speaker 2: Does does England have cocaine? Ask andy? He doesn't gamble, but he loves the nose not Joe's. Yeah, no.
Speaker 3: Cocaine not.
Speaker 2: What other nicknames are phrases for cocaine? Do you Devil's dandruff Yep, that's it? Nose candy? Yeah, nose candy?
Speaker 7: You just mad?
Speaker 2: Is a newer thing that people say A start that yeah, okay.
Speaker 7: Oh, I know we're doing sports, but this kind of sports. Have you guys seen the video of people knocking on somebody's door and then lining up for the tush push and pushing each other into the door open it? That's brilliant. How great would that be in Vegas with Dob and Tommy lining up knocking on your hotel door? Like if we middle of the night, knock on Corey's hotel door until he opens it, and then tush push into his room. How great?
Speaker 1: Was that?
Speaker 7: Pretty? So good?
Speaker 2: I did see about a week ago a video of a wedding. It must have been in the pennsyl Vane you're a Philadelphia and all of the men in the party in the in the bridal power or what does it called it again? The wedding party, wedding. I had like green suits on for the Eagles, and then when they came out, when they got announced for the reception, they basically all lined up and then tush pushed in the middle of the dance. Yeah, that's funny, man, It's a play, I guess, right, Like I guess it counts for now. It might be the last year. Yeah, now you ask, we'll see.
Speaker 7: How about Aaron Rodgers not being involved in it? I mean, that's the perfect way to do it if you're the Pittsburgh Steelers, right, you guys remember what I'm talking about. Where he stood there, he stood back and they had the receiver do it or whomever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's the difference between a sneak and a tush push is a sliver, right, It's basically is somebody behind you pushing. And that's what people hate about it, right, is that Jalen Hurts is already a giant man and now you have somebody behind him just pushing as hard as they can. And for the people that hate it because they can't stop it, those are the people that say, Oh, it's we're worried about the safety of Jalen Hurts. He's gonna get crushed in there. Yeah, it's just like you can't stop it. That's why you don't like it.
Speaker 7: I think you sound like the commissioner of the w Nbay.
Speaker 2: At least I'm talking plain.
Speaker 7: About the referees. Just a loser and.
Speaker 2: She's got weeks to go. Sounds like we'll see all right. Thursday Night football last night went the Niners way. They had an injury report that looks like the Vikings injury report, but it didn't matter. They hold on and win in overtime twenty six twenty three over the Rams. Kyron Williams with about a minute ago in regulation, fumbled the ball at the one and they were massive favorites to win Giggle before that play, but he only had one hand on the ball. That giant guy for the Niners just swung his fists, punched it out and he bounced right into that guy's arms and he recovered it. And the Rams got the ball back because they called time out three times because the Niners ran it right up the gut just to waste those timeouts. So they got the ball back with something like I don't know forty seconds, got into field goal range, kicked it, forced overtime, but then they lose in overtime twenty six to twenty three. The Niners moved to four and one, the Rams three and two.
Speaker 3: Not only did Williams the guy forced the funbel, but he punched him in the face before that. If you watch the replay, he kisses them right in the chin at what it looks like what a swing, and it catches him there and then that's the ball up.
Speaker 1: But the forty nine ers are ravaged by injury and they're four and one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, it's the rubber of a backup quarterback.
Speaker 1: They should not have They should not have one last night, though they got up to that great start, and then from the middle of the second quarter on, the Rams were just dominant. But the Niners made enough plays when it matter fifty nine yard field goal and regulation by the Niners as well to go up three temporarily. I mean it was just again the one in overtime, just barely inside the left upright, heartbreak.
Speaker 3: Painful, painful to watch that kick.
Speaker 7: It's so tough, though, isn't it. Because you build your team through the draft. That's why those those those late round draft picks matter so much, because your backups have to be good enough to play because this is the NFL. Right. That's the hard thing about building a team based around veterans is you're buying them and their talent, but you're also buying their injuries and their past injuries as well, so you have to be ready for that. And man, it's that's a that's a fine line to walk right there.
Speaker 2: But Mac Jones looks so much better in San Francisco than he did did in New England. Looked incredible, I think. I think obviously this is no news to football people, but chaos is the quarterback whisperer. If you were Mac Jones or Sam Darnold or Baker or any of these guys that are Geno Smith, these guys that have failed somewhere, but they need a second chance. I mean, Shanahan's in the tie two or three here, that's where you want to go to to show you how to play quarterback. I think KOs obviously is in that conversation as well. But man, mac Jones looks like he has it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he bilichicked.
Speaker 2: He was not a fan of mac Jones. I don't think he got anything out of him, and I don't think that the relationship worked either direction.
Speaker 3: And you got to give him a lot of credit too for being ready. I mean, he had to bepletely prepared.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 3: He has made sure that he was ready for his opportunity when it came. Because obviously this situation he's in too. You don't know how many more opportunities you're gonna get, gonna get and I mean talking about just taking advantage of an opportunity.
Speaker 2: Well he's gonna get paid, man. I mean, perty just got a giant deal. So the Niners can't keep mac Jones forever. Somebody's gonna pay mac Jones. And if you can play like that, yeah, was mac.
Speaker 7: Jones the direct successor to Tom Brady. Yah, he was that's impossible. Yes, you can't do Yeah, you can't do that. And is this a rebirth of backup quarterbacks, of quarterbacks are written off. Is this a newer thing in the NFL? It feels like it is right because people like Tim Couch never got a second chance.
Speaker 2: No he didn't.
Speaker 1: No, no, And I think you some of these like JaMarcus Russell never got a second chance. Like at one point in his career, Baker Mayfield was cut and join this Rams team for like a week and he started, and then Tampa picked him up.
Speaker 2: I mean, and he also failed in care again. Yeah, Baker's a really good example of he might have always had the talent, but it wasn't going to work in Cleveland, It wasn't gonna work in Carolina. The situation wasn't right in La like it just you had. You got to get the right situation.
Speaker 1: And maybe again, maybe Mac Jones, who I think also was in Jacksonville for a second, took the bikes play him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and we playing you know what, it rings a bell that we played him. I couldn't remember what team it was, Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was Jacksonville for sure. Well anyway, so shout out to Mac Jones. He looked really good last night. Much Stafford was a beast.
Speaker 7: How much do you love Baker Mayfield. By the way, the video the other day, he is the modern day Brett fav Right. Like the other day, watching the video of him yelling at his receiver for making a one handed catch, it was brilliant. He's like, no, you don't disrespect my passes by catching him with one hand. He hears both hands. It was hilarious.
Speaker 2: Did you see his line about the the quote good old days in Carolina? Did you see an quote that was a good bit. I think they were asking about Darnold and it was like, hey, do you guys ever you know, get together and talk about the good old days? And he goes, but what and the reporters like the old days?
Speaker 1: He goes no, almost like that, like no, like essentially we didn't have those.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you're talking about. What he's he's kind of funny, man, he's got Yeah, he's got a quick way. I like that. And Ben was right, man. Remember that was the year that they were a handful of options that at the number one pick, and Baker was an option, but he wasn't the no brainer. And Ben's like, Baker Mayfield's the guy. Yeah, And he was right, Yeah, didn't you guys.
Speaker 7: Any of you guys ever watched that the the SEC show on Netflix about college football that I loved so much that came out. I would encourage you to watch it. But the kid from Vanderbilt is a lot like that.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 7: He's only like five to ten, but every place he's gone, he wins, and he just he finds a way to get things done. He reminds me a lot of Baker Mayfield, only five ten and just a fire plug.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 7: You would love that documentary, Saucy, especially you, but everybody in Paris. You would love it too, just because of the in depth nature of the looking inside these giant college football programs and see this and the kid from Vanderbilt, I mean maybe Labama last year after Nick Saban came out on television and said there was no easier place to play than Vanderbilt.
Speaker 3: Yep, man, way to light a fire.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's great, nice, great, great stuff that gets fun.
Speaker 2: Oh, by the way, quick sixty second TV show review jen V which is that The Boys spin off? Oh yeah, we've talked about it a couple times because season two just came out, and in between season one and season two, one of the main characters one of the actors died in real life, and that sucks. He was like twenty seven years old, right. I've watched the first two episodes. They are reeling trying to figure this out. Oh really, it's what an impossible spot. I think so far through two episodes, the show's borderline horrible. But I feel so bad because you can just tell they're like, we don't know what to do. He's one of the main characters, so they are swimming in it, trying to figure out how do we churn this story into something that makes sense. I don't know if the season is going to get better, but man, through two episodes, I'm just going, man, they are lost. That's yeah, sucks. Obviously the death is the most important part. But you can just tell you they just don't know how to react. They're they're just forcing this storyline to try to make his real life death fit. It's it's not working so far. I hope it gets better.
Speaker 7: Terrible, yeah, and it's you know, because he's a main character as well, right, Like, like I mean, if Zach passed away to be terrible, if sauce, we just move on, you know, but losing Zach would be we couldn't find a way.
Speaker 1: No, I mean no, no, I think we probably dedicate half of the first segment the following morning.
Speaker 2: Well is it acknowledge it? At least was it?
Speaker 1: Did you die on the day of a Vikings game though, because we got to talk Turble we get to you on Tuesday?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, maybe, but then we could.
Speaker 1: Take talkbacks, but then we have bonus on Tuesday, and then that might.
Speaker 7: And there's Vikings Country.
Speaker 2: So you know, I get it anyway. So it just sucks because you know this this show is going to run into well kind of it has to the first two episodes, it runs into the Boys. The storylines start, the story storyline start to blend an overlap, and I love the boys. But man, in season one of gen V was super fun so far, these two episodes are not working for me. Almost turned it off multiple times, like this is really bad.
Speaker 7: Sorry, go ahead, or no, don't button bar that because I don't think I can use I Love the Boys.
Speaker 2: If it was rosy, we would run that. Oh my god, yes, what were you gonna say? Is it kind of like when What's His Face? Was canceled in a House to Cards, same thing the last season of House to cards is brutal because you can just tell that they are holding on for dear life, trying to make it work. And that's exactly what so far this is. It's just not good and it sucks because I loved the first season. It was really super fun in some ways more aggressive than the boys just because they dive right into just the absurdity. It's crazy. This is just unwatchable. So far, not good.
Speaker 7: Two more things about TV. And even though I know we're doing sports and we gotta go to break, but pairs sure of Irish heritage? Am I right about that?
Speaker 3: I'm a bit of a mutt, so I think I do have a little Irish in there. Some one.
Speaker 7: You would love the House Againnis, it's really really good. Everybody would love the House.
Speaker 3: Aguinnis Nicky and I started. I got the first episode and we loved it.
Speaker 7: It's so good. Okay. Two things. Number one, Zacho, remember the scene I told you about the gentleman getting out of the bathtub.
Speaker 2: Yes, Why don't you tell the whole group about it?
Speaker 7: Why did you just tell that there's an entire article about that episode just because of the length of that man's manhood. That's number one. I read the article yesterday which did we talk about a dream come true? I mean, what else do you need in life that some writer had to write an episode that was an entire article about your thing. So that's number one. Number two. I watched those the first I don't know how many episodes before I finally realized one of the main characters his You know, it's one of those things, Corey, as we get older, you're just you're bounded determined. I'm gonna remember. I'm not going to look up. I'm gonna remember. And I knew that face. I knew the face, and I couldn't pictured. I couldn't figure out who the kid was. And he's a main character in the show. And he's got such a ridiculous face. It's almost like a cartoon character. He almost looks like the guy who goes whos come out to play from from the movie What Right. It's such a distinct face and I couldn't think of it, and I finally freaking figured it out. It's the blonde haired kid from the Dragon show, Game of Thrones. It's the blondhaired kid.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey King, Jeoffrey. It's Jeffrey Man. I mean that guy's got a super distinct face.
Speaker 7: It's it took me so long because he's got long hair and brown hair.
Speaker 2: So he his name is jack Gleeson if I remember right something.
Speaker 7: Jackie so good in this show. He steals every scene he's in. I'm so glad he got an opportunity to do another show because he was so typecast as Jeoffrey. He's so different in this show. And I'm telling you the acting is fantastic, especially from him in house againness, I couldn't encourage you to watch it more. That's him. He's in this show.
Speaker 2: Man. Okay, yeah, there is oh okay, but he's got Yeah, that mustache is the game changer. You can still see his face, that's still clearly Geoffrey, but man, that mustache really does change his whole vibe.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 7: It's great, man, I love the show. And there's a there's a big old thing.
Speaker 2: Well, oh geez, he towers over you. Chris jack Leeson. He is thirty three years old. He was born in Ireland. He's five to seven.
Speaker 7: Oh oh man, he's got me by a quarter of an inch, just like sus.
Speaker 2: What matters? After this? More of the Power Trip Morning Show on the fan fan all right, welcome back to the Power Trim morning till let's get into what really matters. I'll do score and stats around the world of sports and Crystal change your life for something else that has nothing to do with professional or amateur ath let us. The Vikings, just like Chris, are in London to face Cleveland, although Chris won't be facing Cleveland. True, you will not.
Speaker 3: Be injuries away, Bud never injuries away.
Speaker 2: That is out eight thirty on Sunday right here on the fan. The pregame starts at six thirty with Michael J. Mussman the third. The Vikings are two and two, Cleveland is one in three. The Browns are going with rookie quarterback Dylan Gabriel over Joe Flacco. Yesterday, the injury report for the Vikings looks like this. Darren Saw was out again, but this was rest for the second straight day. Of course, Donovan Jackson still out. He's not expected to play until after the bye with that wrist surgery that he had. Michael Jurgens was out with a hamstring problem, Ryan Kelly with the concussion, of course. JJ McCarthy's still Brian O'Neil with his knee issue. Dallas Turner was out with illness, so who knows what what's going on there, Andrew van Ginkel out again with the neck, and Ben euroscon again with the knee as well. So, like we mentioned a couple segments ago, Miles Garrett was limited in practice with the ankle. Hellisara was pretty convinced yesterday that Miles just likes taking Wednesdays off, so it doesn't surprise me that he's back on the field Thursday for practice. It sounds like he's going to play on Sunday eight thirty right here on the fan. But what really matters is this.
Speaker 7: And again we'll get an update from the coach here at about seven o'clock about a half hour from now. Is that right seven o'clock to your time right there? Yeah? Okay, cool, yes, sorry, the time still does not work for me, as coach will be doing a he'll be doing a press conference. If we want to run that, we'll be able to do that. But it'll be happen right to my left here. We'll know more about what's going on. And I saw CJ. Hamm this morning doing his best Michael Jackson dance, so I think he's going to be fine to play sweet, which will be a big help if anything is positive that that's a positive thing.
Speaker 2: We talking thriller? Are we talking Moonwalk? What did he do?
Speaker 7: He was doing Billy Jean. He was doing Billy Jean and he said it was stuck in his head and he couldn't stop it. That's what he said.
Speaker 2: He's still West.
Speaker 7: He's the best guy. I love that we are surrounded by good people on this team. There's no doubt about so. There's a as you can imagine, a lot of security here. This is what really matters. I promise they have a dog right in this room on the other side of this door over here, who's you know, the bomb sniffing, gun sniffing, drug sniffing. I don't know what he's sniffing, but he's sniffing right And it's a puppy. It is a tiny, little cue black puppy. I mean, he looks like he's seven or eight months old. The cutest little face you ever saw. So I'm like, wow, I gotta find out. I thought maybe they had to be a certain age to do something you like this, you know, to have that kind of responsibility. I mean, is he okay? Is he ready for this? Did he is?
Speaker 6: He?
Speaker 7: Like? Is he the kind of dog that went from first grade to fifth grade? You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 7: What's going on? So I walked up to the officer watching my p's and q's, and I said, how old is this dog? Now?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 7: No, What I said was I go, is there like an age requirement for these dogs? And he goes, well, yeah, they can usually live up to, like to be ten years old? And I go no, no, I'm sorry. I go, you know, is there a certain age they have to be? And he goes no, not really. Why do you ask? And I said, well, how old is your puppy? And he goes, that dog's eight years old. I kid you not look it up, guys. I've never heard of this breed before. It's a Spraker s p R O c k e R. The cutest little doggi you've ever seen. It's a crossbreed hybrid mixing a Cocker Spaniel and an English Springer Spaniel. He looks like a puppy, he acts like a puppy, but he's a drug sniffing working dog. And try rip my shins apart. But this is if I get a dog again. At some point. This is the cutest, most affectionate dog I've ever seen, and he has one of the hardest jobs out there. I feel like that is the dog for me. I have to put up with saucy and doing in PA on the weekends. This dog has to sniff for drugs.
Speaker 1: If Zach googles, it'll be the second time today he's looked up a mix of cockers.
Speaker 2: Blade.
Speaker 1: It's too easy, Yeah, wild.
Speaker 2: At Chicago tonight seven o'clock, the final preseason game from Minnesota. The season opener is just what six days away Thursday at Saint Louis and then the home omit is next Saturday against Columbus. But the final preseason game in our national nightmare can be over at Preseason Sports f minus. No, they're great. Preseason football is outstanding, right, Hogs.
Speaker 7: Well, I'll tell you what I wish we had a little bit more of it, right and correct?
Speaker 2: I get.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my stomach still thinks we start talking about preseason, but now they're ready to go. The one thing that's nice about the last prezing season game is that it's the last precing preseason game, but it is the final tune up, and you kind of get to you get more to be with your line mates and get a little more time to create that chemistry and uh, you know, really be going for that first game. But it's time. You can see their veterans, their body language, the hits aren't is intense, you know, to that point where it's like all right, all right, we're we're we're good, I'm ready to go. Let's not get hurt both teams or yeah, there's no big contact, so let's get going.
Speaker 2: What really matters though, is this, Remember.
Speaker 7: When we went to the auto show, Corey and you pissed blood.
Speaker 2: Very familiar with that moment. Yes, I do recall.
Speaker 7: That top five show everage cow trip, that stuff outstanding. Those working the night shift or non traditional hours are at a greater risk of getting kidney stones fun. That's according to new research published in the journal Mayo Clinic Proceedings. Researchers say anyone working a shift outside of a nine to five job has a fifteen percent increased risk of great getting kidney stones. That number jumps to twenty two percent for people work in the night shift. To study involved data for more than two hundred and twenty thousand people in the UK.
Speaker 2: My favorite moment. If we look back to the moment where I peede blood at the auto show, it was I come out of the bathroom and I almost immediately tell you guys, I just peede blood.
Speaker 1: Like this is I think I said. I think I said it off the air and we all laughed about it. We did about a good hour on the air. Cory's peeing blood, dude.
Speaker 2: Oh you know, I just laughing around. We're so dumb. This show is so stupid. We laugh about it for an hour, and then finally the police officer walks over and goes, I know you guys are kidding and stuff, but like you should go see a doctor. And I'm like, I should, like, and he's like, hey, you're you're peeing blood. I'm like, I know, I just I thought it was like.
Speaker 1: He goes, no, go see a doctor, and I'm like, okay, I hadn't even crossed my mind that I actually should go in at least he just quietly and calms like, I know.
Speaker 2: You're having fun, but go see a doctor.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember you were kind of telling me that story, and right away I was clicking, and nobody told you were making fun of me. There's a lot of places it's okay to bleed out of them.
Speaker 7: That's not one of them.
Speaker 1: I turned into a red trevy found just you and blood, and I didn't even think twice.
Speaker 2: So go to a doctor who cares my tard laugh about it. Pretty sure it did. Again.
Speaker 1: Shout out to that police officer that thank you got my head on straight for a second. There Gophers at number one Ohio State tomorrow six point thirty. Right here on the fan twenty three and a half or so is the spread. The Buckeyes are number one, and they are giant favorites. But let's see if Minnesota can do something to surprise the college football nation. The Gophers are three and one, Ohio State is four and oh do we have it? Is it the hot steam that Darius Taylor is not ready well and maybe even not close.
Speaker 2: Where are we at with Darius Taylor?
Speaker 1: I don't know, and I think I think it was two weeks ago when Pa had fleck on. Fleck said he won't answer that, which he doesn't have to, and he said, you'll know ninety minutes before the game, because that's when an injury report comes out. And I think it would be the same answer this week and when we asked, I don't know. I don't remember who was on the air off the ear. I don't think Fargo thinks he'll be back either.
Speaker 2: Okay, what really matters though, is this.
Speaker 7: This is relatively big news, but I'm not sure if I'll be on to do my news because of the KOC press conference. I'm gonna do it right now. Purdue University researchers will travel to the South Pacific in search of wreckage from Amelia Earhart's lost plane What I Know, Lady. Next month, the research team will inspect an underwater object that has been visible in photos from a lagoon that is located on a small island in Khiabati since the nineteen thirties, in an effort to identify it. Earhart was attempting to become the first female pilot to circle the world when she and navigator Fred noon and Noon and Non Nonan disappeared over the Pacific Ocean in nineteen thirty seven. The object is about four hundred miles south east of Howland Island, which was Earhart and Noonan's planned destination.
Speaker 3: Noon and didn't we learn how they show? That guy was kind of a beast, that yeah.
Speaker 7: I've done a lot of cool things. Yeah, yeah, yeah. And then he got in the plane with her.
Speaker 2: Two legends. Hey, man, the guy like to gamble.
Speaker 7: You know what the problem was? PA had thirteen hundred red things on.
Speaker 1: It was a sure thing, he said, it was a sure thing.
Speaker 7: And she got so close to the island and with nose first, am I making fun of ameliaire heart? Long enough?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, enough too soon? Hey, At what point are we just going to have essentially non stop underwater drones just to scan the entire.
Speaker 3: U finally know what exactly is down there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they'll find Chutulu. Sure, they'll find him or her a crack see the cracking, the sea beast, all of the cracking. Sure, yep, let's go find it. More of what really matters after this. This is the Power Tair Morning Show, partially from England, partially from Saint Louis Park, Minnesota.
Speaker 6: On the fan, man.
Speaker 1: Get ready to laugh your face off the the just a couple of pickpockets. It's the Petty Theft Tour with the common Man in Meat Sauce is set to take over Max's on the Green in Spicer on October eleventh. Grab your tickets today at event bright dot com, or be a part of the heist right now by being calling number seven to win a pair of tickets.
Speaker 3: Good luck, thank you nice petty theft.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I like that just said sounded like a friend's commercial, like Max's in the Greens. Sounds like a like an episode for a sitcom involving Max getting some money. Finally, Yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: What's going on.
Speaker 2: Have you seen him?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 7: I haven't. He's been a ghost everywhere I've gone. I have either just barely missed him or or I know Andy was talking to him yesterday, so he's here somewheres.
Speaker 2: Hey, Zachary, you just said the seventh caller, right, yeah, you sure you don't want to just take the first call?
Speaker 7: All right, Just so you guys know, Uh, they moved the press conference back to one, so that would be seven forty your time, which means that would be perfect for Vikings News if you want.
Speaker 2: To run, that'll work.
Speaker 7: Just keep that in mind. Just keep that in mind. So that is what's going on. And Zacho, if you wouldn't mind potting down the music for one second. Builders are modelers your new Sighting superstore. Go to Buildersmotlers dot Com. Thank you, Zach, if you'd cut that up and send that to me, I appreciate that very much. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Multitasking overseas done, we.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 3: That's a pro that's that's.
Speaker 7: Not even that was not an on air production meeting. That was on air production.
Speaker 2: Move right there. All right, let's do more of what really matters, scores and stats around the world of sports. I wasn't gonna do this story, but then I just heard Sports Update guys say, and I'm like, what, But apparently this is the thing.
Speaker 1: The Timberwolves preseason starts tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Against another preseason so soon.
Speaker 1: I'm going to assume that Parish and Chris both weren't listening to that last commercial break.
Speaker 2: I doubt it. The Minnesota Timberwolves take on the Denver Nuggets tomorrow in preseason action at eight o'clock in Denver.
Speaker 3: Right, No Minneapolis, Minneapolis?
Speaker 2: No okay on Las Vegas, no Haai, no.
Speaker 3: No Jelly That, No Canada, no Afghanistan. No are we living in the country. It's gonna in the US, sure, okay, New York. No, who's closer Arizona? So Mark's getting warmer? New Mexico.
Speaker 7: No he said Vegas.
Speaker 3: Already, Texas, you're going the wrong way.
Speaker 7: Okay, I already said that to California, Afghanistan.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Los Angeles, No, San Francisco.
Speaker 2: San Diego, California. Why not? Why wouldn't the Wolves and Nuggets have a preseason game in San Diego? Why not?
Speaker 6: Why?
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: I always wished there was a road game in San Diego.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well heard.
Speaker 3: It's nothing but spectacular sucking.
Speaker 2: San Diego is awesome, is the best. Don't know why they're playing there. Don't care. It's preseason, preseason sucks. What really matters is this.
Speaker 7: It's happening monster. The ed Genes story comes out today on Netflix. Charlie huonm of course from the Sons of Anarchy show, who played Jacks It plays serial killer Ed Gene whose crimes inspired the characters Norman Bates from Psycho, leather Face from Texas, Chainsaw Masacre, and Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs. Now that is a legacy, dude.
Speaker 2: Charlie Huntum had a really funny story. I saw the clip from Seth Meyers a couple nights ago. Huntum's telling a story. He's in a cab or an uber one of the two in New York. Did you see this clip? You know what I'm talking about that.
Speaker 1: He said that the uber driver or the cab driver kept looking back at him like I think I know you, you know, like one of those I think I recognize you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure, And he said something like I'll paraphrase his story and like, hey, should I know you?
Speaker 2: And he's like, oh, you know Charlie Huntum. The guy proceeds to Google him essentially right in front of him, and then clicks on the first video with his name, and then it's his phone was connected to Bluetooth, according to Charlie, and the video that the guy clicked on, as Charlie put it, was basically a highlight reel of all of Charlie's massive failures. Oh my god, King Arthur.
Speaker 1: Like so like all of the worst moments in his personal life and his career.
Speaker 7: And he goes it.
Speaker 1: As soon as the guy realized it, he didn't stop the video. So he's like, I'm basically getting a car ride with this guy listening to my life story of all of my low points.
Speaker 3: That was that was a rough ride.
Speaker 2: He's like, the guy, yeah, turned it off. He Hawk's favorite films Pacific Rim in twenty thirteen.
Speaker 3: Like God bless New York, Like I had some rough cab rights yeah in New York. Uh, but you know, like I always at least respected it because they were saying it to my face. You know, they're just speaking.
Speaker 2: Of that courage to do that, speaking of that. At the end of the story, according to Charlie's he gets out of the cab like, wow, that was interesting. And almost as soon as he gets out, somebody on the street was like, oh, man, hey, huge fan, you know, like and just seemed like oooh I needed this. Yeah, And the guy goes on and on, hollbut man, I'm a huge fan of yours. I love your work. And then he says I loved you in Robin Hood. Oh and Charlie's like, no, I wasn't in That's tarn Edgerton. So he's like he was just one of those days. This wasn't going his way.
Speaker 3: Mama said there'd be days like this.
Speaker 2: He's rough. He's in some bad films, yeah.
Speaker 7: Some good ones, though. Man, The Gentleman was great. That's a great show.
Speaker 2: It seems like a good dude. I never saw sounds of anarchy like about it, Sons of anarchy.
Speaker 3: He's incredible, so good ed gain terrifying, looks terrible watching.
Speaker 7: I might watch it tonight, I try And I have no idea what the rest of my day looks like. But I'm going to try to make that happen to night because I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Are you guys going to that heavy metal bar?
Speaker 7: Probably not. I don't know what I really honestly, I have no idea what the rest of my day looks like. I got to figure out when we're gonna get the player interview and et cetera.
Speaker 2: Hey, baseball is still going on. I don't know if anybody cares unless you're a diehard fan of one of these teams. But the Tigers won six to three over the Guardians, so they win that series two games to one. The Cubs beat Sauces Dads the Podres three to one, so they're moving on.
Speaker 1: They win that series two games to one. The Padres had a lot of opportunity. They were just terrible with runners in scoring positions. You watched it.
Speaker 2: I watched a good amount of it. Yeah, And the Yankees beat the Red Sox four to nothing, So the Yankees are moving on. They win that series two games to one. But what really matters is this the.
Speaker 7: Highest paid athlete in the world for twenty twenty five Christiano Ronaldo. Yeah, two hundred and seventy five million dollars.
Speaker 3: He's been highest paid or in the top five for a long time.
Speaker 2: Soccer Yeah.
Speaker 7: Steph Curry comes in second of one fifty six. Tyson Fury comes in third of one forty six.
Speaker 2: And he retired. Yeah, I thought he stopped boxing.
Speaker 3: Name, the likeness, all that stuff, you know.
Speaker 7: Endorsements, Yeah, Dak Prescott a fourth with one hundred and thirty seven million, and Lionel Messi fifth with one thirty five. Lebron James comes in six at one hundred and thirty three point eight. Juan Soto at one hundred and fourteen million dollars. Speaking that would you can be a dicoke. Kareem Benzema comes in eighth one hundred four million.
Speaker 2: That's the first name I've never heard of. I'm going to assume that's a soccer player, but is like an F one.
Speaker 3: Something like that or that name.
Speaker 7: It's k A r I M. Last name is b e n z e M.
Speaker 2: A French soccer player.
Speaker 7: How there you go.
Speaker 2: Never heard of him?
Speaker 7: Wow, Shoo Tani at one hundred and two point five and ninth and Kevin Durant number ten at one hundred and one point four.
Speaker 3: Interesting, Yeah, man America.
Speaker 2: Yep. All right, So after those games that I just went through, here's what the baseball playoffs look like starting tomorrow. There are no games in Major League Baseball today, but all of the nl DS's and a l ds is start tomorrow. So it's going to be Cubs at Brewers. That's kind of fun having Chicago Milwaukee square off. It's a short drive, Yankees at Blue Jays, Dodgers at John Bonas's Phillies or at least Christy Bonus Phillies, and then the Tigers at the Mariners. Those are your final eights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these will be fun, especially the Brewers Cub series because that's such a rivalry.
Speaker 2: That'll be awesome some to watch. What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 7: Out today, The Smashing Machine, starring Dwayne Johnson as he plays wrestler and MMA fighter Mark Kerr in this biography about his career and struggles with narcotics. Emily Blunt plays his high maintenance wife and the MMA's Ryan Bater plays his trainer. I hear really good things. I might go see that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're talking about this being Oscar Worthier.
Speaker 7: What they were saying. They were saying, I don't know. I need to watch it and see if I can get past the facial what do you call it?
Speaker 2: Same prosthetics?
Speaker 7: Prosthetics that's saying, yeah, sorry, you haven't seen the trailer I saw obviously, No, no, yeah, the prosthetics are off putting for some reason, and the hair doesn't look real. I'm hoping I can get past that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So Smashing Machine on Rotten Tomatoes is seventy four, which is okay. But maybe he's great.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe it's one of those joker situations where he's great and the movie is just okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Good Boy, which is that movie about the dog scenes like a horror movie from the dog's perspective, right, which is a crazy premise. But that's ninety one percent on run Tomatoes. So that's interesting.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The one that I think is interesting is anemone, which is the Daniel day Lewis coming out of retirement to work with his son movie. Fifty six percent.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: That's not good. You love your boy I mean, there's no way but Daniel day Lewis Lewis.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: After leving as a hermit for twenty years, his isolation is disturbed by the sudden appearance of his brother, played by Sean Bean.
Speaker 2: Oh right on, it's dark, Yeah, it's Stark.
Speaker 7: That's exactly right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sean Bean. There's been a lot of movies, man, Yeah, Sean Bean's been an actor for like thirty plus years, yep, with just sneaky roles. He's one of those faces that I bet you most people like, Hey, I know that guy. I'll give you a thousand dollars you can tell me his name, and like three percent of the people can do it for sure. No sea, but very recognizable. Although Game of Thrones might have bumped that up just a little maybe, but they might just say, well, that's not Stark, right, one thousand dollars to tell.
Speaker 3: Me his actual name, right, Yeah, you're right hard.
Speaker 2: Anyway, All right, seven o'clock hour, when we come back, we'll get to the news the KOC press conferences of what seven forty seven, okay, seven forty is, and then somewhere in between now and then we expect Adam feeling as well correct that.
Speaker 7: Is correct as well.
Speaker 2: All Right, more of the power to the morning show after this. Marnie should be here shortly. Alicia Lewis at eight and initials at eight fifteen, and one of you gets a crack at one hundred thousand, five hundred dollars with the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union initials jackpot that's later right here on the fin