Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a M five to seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio. While it's the longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 2: No congratulations necessary.
Speaker 3: All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is petros In Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas terrible person, He's the worst, and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 4: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe.
Speaker 1: Don't miss an episode.
Speaker 2: We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the petros In Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 4: We're gonna take it to him and we're gonna keep taking it to him.
Speaker 3: It's cracking everybody. Welcome back.
Speaker 4: It's Petrosen Money on M five seventy l A Sports home of your back to back World Series champion LA Dodgers. They took it to him the last couple of years. Yeah, I sure did. Now you're getting it. Now you're getting the hang of it.
Speaker 3: Don yep.
Speaker 4: You know they took it to him every night, every damn night, kept taking it to it when it mattered, they took it to him.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: And you can listen to our show on the iHeartRadio apps, stream it live, or podcast it later. We've got a lot of play by play Clippers Lakers tonight, we got nothing tomorrow full show, but a triple header on Thanksgiving Day of NFL and then the Bears and Eagles NFL on Black Friday Saturday. We are gonna take it to him. That's where this all started, when we called Woody Hayes and we got that great message on his phone. Even though he's dead, we were able to call Woody Hayes. And then we did the bo Sham Beckler sound to make it even, to even it up right, And then we played only Teams win by my Dad, and then we played Jerry McGuire's mentor Dicky, and then we played Dan Lanning, Yeah, yelling at organ about how line Art is not walking through the tunnel and if he did, he'd be grand Old. So we had a real inspirational first hour of the show. And you were mocking us, You're mocking our enthusiasm. Don I'm not saying you're gonna take it to him. And all this cause we got Ohio State Michigan not Am kickoff on m five seventy.
Speaker 3: Can't wait to go to bed tonight.
Speaker 4: See, I know you're not being honest because I know that that's not your way. You're very laconic and wooden in many ways, and that is not in your nature.
Speaker 3: It's never too old to turn over a new leaf. Pete.
Speaker 4: I guess you're right.
Speaker 3: Hey, sometimes it just hits you. And what it really got you really struck a chord in your in your heart. All right, Well, that there has been scheduled talk, oh more scheduled talking. Monday, Matt and I are going to be in Downey at the BJS at one o'clock. We're going to take it to him for a Petrosen money Power lunch and we're going to keep taking it to you all the way until three thirty, right one to three thirty, taking it to you. And that is the schedule. A lot of play by play on the station. Tomorrow's our last show of the week. We'll be back on Monday at one o'clock taking it to him at the BJS in Downy Sedule.
Speaker 4: Short all right, I'm not done with the coaching platitudes.
Speaker 2: His word the word of the day.
Speaker 4: Today's word of the day is Mormons nobody. Yeah, because you know, you never want to play a pregame speech because they might swear. But you know, I didn't know if whatdy Hayes was going to swear when we called him. Right, we really walked the plank and we were like, what's going to happen? And it paid off for us. Don changed our whole philosophy, my whole life. Right. The schamn Beckler had a piano behind it. You know he probably wasn't gonna swear. But we know that our friend from b YU actually a great coach and a very inspirational man, and all these all these people are every night, but I'd like to hear from Kalani Sataki, former b YU full back and the head coach of the BYU Cougars who just won a big game at Cincinnati.
Speaker 5: We build a firm and awesome foundation, the foundations, you guys, and if you build it, you will not fail. Dave no Dog's nice statement over nice no no no to me.
Speaker 2: They don't know.
Speaker 3: He forgot to take it to him. Well, but can he forget that?
Speaker 4: I do say that though, like in my mind before the show starts every day, because no one knows what we're gonna do. And I say, in my mind, they don't know, but the show's gonna come on and guess what they're about to find out.
Speaker 5: We build the firm and call some foundation foundations, you guys, and if you build it, you will not fail day. No dog's nice statement, no nice no, no, no, up to me.
Speaker 2: They don't know about the the.
Speaker 3: Hey, that was a pretty good You like that one better? Absolutely not like that was okay, that was what he hates. Okay, thank you, Okay, because what he hates is gonna take it too. I will say I was on a zoom call once with Klani is one of my favorite people in football. I got to know him and he was a coordinator at Utah and then he was a coordinator decordinator even though he's a fullback and a coordinator at Oregon State and then he got that job and he's doing a great job. But I was on a zoom call with him and he said, Okay, I'm gonna get off the call. I'm gonna go eat. They got dinner upstairs for us, petress. I said cool.
Speaker 4: He goes, yeah, I'm gonna have a salad. I said, great, coach, and he goes, yeah, right. You know what I'm gonna eat. I'm eate everything they got it?
Speaker 1: Okay, coach, make way for by?
Speaker 2: You say, hey, it's me?
Speaker 3: Why you just inspire you? Hey?
Speaker 4: What's the day?
Speaker 2: Is it dead lyne day?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, gotta go log on right, oh way, and I'll be the first on my block to click apply.
Speaker 4: Tell me you've never heard this?
Speaker 1: Here?
Speaker 4: Let me Hey they sent me.
Speaker 3: I gotta reply, b Why yea?
Speaker 2: Here's my debut?
Speaker 3: Isn't this lovely?
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 4: God?
Speaker 2: Here you'd reaject, but that proved in correct?
Speaker 1: So glad you want me?
Speaker 3: He built up so much morement to my mom.
Speaker 2: I couldn't contain my excitement.
Speaker 3: No, Surrey, why you what I do? Had you rejected me? All right? You don't like that? We had so much momentum going. It just came to a crashing halt. Dates are you calling what he hats?
Speaker 2: Gamble?
Speaker 6: Oil down to three things?
Speaker 3: Here? We got three things.
Speaker 6: Number one, the team that hits the hardest and the longest, the team that starts the fastest, and the team is too damn smart to make mistakes. That's too smart to make mistakes, and that team will win without any question if you.
Speaker 2: Take it to them.
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 6: You don't make mistakes, and you keep taking the tellers. No question who will win, no question, who will win. Now, let's go out and do it.
Speaker 7: Let's go.
Speaker 3: Let's keep taking it to him. Man, All right, fine, here's my number. Number of the days, number of the days. Three point four million. Pirates pitcher Paul Skeins is grossly underpaid National League Rookie of the Year National League Cy Young this year, and he's still on his rookie contract. This year he made eight hundred and seventy five thousand. There's still a lot of money, but not for him. For winning the Cy Young Award, it was announced stay that schemes received a three point four million bonus from a pre arbitration money pool that MLB set up for young players who have big seasons on the field but are still under rookie contracts. He won't be eligible for salary arbitration until after next season. He's in scheduled to be a free agent until twenty twenty nine. Imagine if he keeps doing what he's been doing, what will he get tim in twenty twenty nine? A billion dollars?
Speaker 8: I mean at least a half a billion right, they're gonna pull up that shipwreck from Yamamoto. Right now is the highest paid pitcher in baseball twelve years, three to twenty.
Speaker 3: Five I believe.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Oh that's in five years, four years from now. Bet you he gets topped. Yeah, he'll get five hundred.
Speaker 8: Million after next year. He is arbitration eligible. But that also has limits on there is how much he can make year to year. It's not like next year he can just go and sign, you know. I mean he can if they wanted to rip up his contract and agree to a long term deal, which they can't do.
Speaker 3: But Pittsburgh is not gonna do that. Yeah, they can't pay it.
Speaker 8: He's just wasting away in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say he's wasting away, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, less some of this cool Pittsburgh song and my dad recording, He's not going to finish his career in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 8: His numbers this year were unbelievable. His e r ray, his strikeouts near the top in baseball, best in the National League. He was a ten and ten pitcher, and that's reflective of what he's at. He's a Pittsburgh Pirates starting pitcher. They don't win, they're not going to go to the postseason. Yet he's gonna put up stupid numbers individually, Well, waven talent.
Speaker 3: He's probably supplementing it with money off the field. I would imagine he's in that one commercial where he turns with the bottle it. Well, he's got a girlfriend that like all the young kids like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not just young kids, you know, there's a lot of adults that want to take it to him. Yeah, when it comes to her, she's an adult.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I try to think the equivalent of an NBA player who's just buried on a team that's so bad and is probably the best player or close to the best player in basketball.
Speaker 3: But he's probably getting paid for it though, Like you hit free agency so much faster in basketball than you do.
Speaker 8: Baseball, baseball six years.
Speaker 4: Here's the dumb answer from like the dumbest people that always, and with all due respect to this text us or somebody always writes this. He gets to see Livy Dune naked, So I think he's fine. There you go, gets to see her naked in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sweet, I've got displayed. I don't know. The only thing I do know calling card take it to him.
Speaker 4: Wait, till it hits the air and my dad's song, maybe that will inspire schemes you know about Pittsburgh to stay.
Speaker 8: You know, Shoeyo Tawi comes out to Michael Bublay now is his walk up song.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's a horse crap version of that song.
Speaker 3: I'd like to see.
Speaker 4: I'd like to be the ninas Mon version.
Speaker 8: Come out to your dad's I have a home in Pitch.
Speaker 4: I would like to see that.
Speaker 3: To my point.
Speaker 4: Speaking of music, this is the song of the day.
Speaker 9: Sweetish electronic band Little Dragon, fronted by the lovely and talented Yukminagano, performs our song of the day called best Friends because today, sitting in for Matt Smith on a busy Thanksgiving week is one of the best friends that anyone can have. He's a UCLA basketball legend, FS one and Big ten network analyst, and we are thankful for his friendship to the Petros and Money Show, and he's here to take it to him fulfilling a four hour commitment to great sports Talk. It's the great Don McLean, Great Sports Talk.
Speaker 3: Hello Don, and you know what, Ronnie, thank you, And it's going to be even a better friendship now that I'm taking it to him even more.
Speaker 4: Like, I can't wait till the next week. I'm complaining that Shamnbeckler. I want to play the Shambeckler, so you get to take it to him out of your hand.
Speaker 3: Believe it.
Speaker 4: I'm bringing sham Becker back.
Speaker 3: No, yes, no, all day.
Speaker 4: We'll be right back with Scott Wolf.
Speaker 1: We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast, a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto road Trip all summer with LA Sports.
Speaker 3: It's poping. Everybody, Welcome back.
Speaker 4: It's Patterson Money on AM five seventy LA Sports. The only college football game we have on the dock. It is the big one, not SEUCLA because nobody really cares about it anymore. It feels like unless the teams are hot, and they are not Ohio State Michigan, We've got it. At nine am on A five seventy, Don McClain is in for Matt Smith. Matt and I will be back on Monday together at the BJS in Downey. And that is a one o'clock kick for the Petroson Money Show. The Petroson Money, Power Lunch. Don't forget to podcast the show on the iHeartRadio app. Joining us right now on your Southern California Toyota Dealer Celebrity Hotline. Is the greatest beat rider to ever live, at least in the city of Los Angeles. Nobody held us accountable in his way like Scott Wolf, and he still does at Inside SoCal on Twitter.
Speaker 3: No were Wolf for the Chinese menu in his hand?
Speaker 4: The one and only Scott Wolf the whit do your wins on the Petros and Money Show. There's just so much that happened in the USC Oregan game, in and around it that I felt like we had to check in with Wolf in Rivalry week.
Speaker 3: Here is he watching the Trojans basketball team while he's doing this interview.
Speaker 4: Wolfe, are you watching the Maui Invitational? Nope, Well it's going down to the wire seton Hall's down to the USC's eighty to seventy eight with twenty four seconds left against the Pirates. Does that tickle your fancy? No? Okay. Scott Wolf is our guests and he is a single minded man when it comes to this situation. Now, a lot of people got very excited about USC. This season, and you can't say Scott that they had not improved. They certainly did improve. But was it wishful thinking that they could go to Oregon and win that football game and get into the playoff picture, which they've never been in.
Speaker 1: Well, first of.
Speaker 7: All, I don't know why everyone got so excited about beating Iowa, who was like a ten point underdog in that game, and they acted like it was the greatest thing ever and it proved they belong in the Big Ten. And then the following week they got to go to Eugene where they couldn't win during the Pac ten days. So no, I never felt they were going to win that game because I thought Dan Lanning was going to out coach Lincoln Riley. So yeah, no, I never thought the USC had a chance at an upset.
Speaker 4: You where do you look to this season? Do you say it was a success Do you say I mean Lincoln Riley's being paid a lot of money to be pretty mediocre, and I know they've improved this year, but there's no there's no there's no end to the way they are. In my mind, They're never going to develop the front, They're never going to dominate teams the way they need to to be nationally relevant. This is exactly what you're gonna get year in in, year out. Is that good enough for today's Obviously the landscape in LA has changed when it comes to football. Is this good enough for USC football? They're paying this guy one hundred million dollars?
Speaker 7: Well, how is it good enough?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 7: All these homers say that the defense is much better. They gave up thirteen hundred yards and three losses. They gave up five hundred yards to Illinois. Notre Dame rushed for over three hundred yards. That's not good enough. And what I don't understand. And you know you you know this. You were at SC a year in and year out. The expectations have always been high, no matter what, whether it was justified or not. And all of a sudden, now there's a group of fans, some of them pretend to be media, and they say three losses is great and great progress. I mean, are they watching Indiana with a coach in year two who won in Eugene last month and he doesn't have all the tradition and the media market and everything that USC has. So I've never heard of a three loss season being called a success at USC. I mean, it's better than last year, no doubt about it. But it's not great. It's not college football playoff worthy and it's not worth paying a guy eleven million dollars a year, and I.
Speaker 4: Agree completely with that. So what do they end up doing. I mean, you know that they have a huge buyout. I don't know if there's a donor like Rick Caruso who's willing to come in and try to save them like they did from Clay Helton. This is very much like the Clay Helton era, very reminiscent of the Clay Elton era in a lot of ways. So what is the next step for us? He is it just Lincoln Riley purgatory until he goes back to the South.
Speaker 7: Well, he is in some ways holding the program hostage. You know, they're there in debt, they haven't raised all the money on this football Taj Mahal that he's forcing them to build for his program, and everybody's focusing on this recruiting class for next year, which is fantastic. But you know, if everybody on the same page that the GM was hired by Jen Cohen, he's above Lincoln Riley, So she really didn't believe in Lincoln Rioley. She was forced to inherit him from Mike Bone. So I don't I think the program is still sideways. You know, there's going to be issue a recruiting classes isn't going to come in next year and all of a sudden turn them into a top five program.
Speaker 4: Not in the transformal era, especially not an edny aere No.
Speaker 7: And they're saying they want to back off the transfer portal now all of a sudden, while other schools seem like they want to focus more on it. But I don't know. I just I don't see them getting to that level that Ohio State is at and Oregon is at. And to me, that's the bottom line. Either you're in the College Football Playoff on a regular basis, or you're not getting it done when you have all the resources USC has. And he just doesn't strike me as a guy that's going to get it done. And I think the schedule is going to be harder next year than it was this year, even if he weasels out of the Notre Dame game was.
Speaker 4: Pretty favorable this year. Now, I do have to ask you about that Wolf, because nothing bothers me more, not that it matters if I'm upset about something, I'm generally upset about everything. But the way they've handled the Notre Dame thing is I just can't. I never thought i'd see the day that this would be the case. Is this just a lost cause for us old heads? And they're really going to mess with the Notre Dame ratheralry to the point where it's not recognizable.
Speaker 7: Well, there's still a part of me that things, you know, maybe some of these former players of the past that are big time guys, maybe some of the donors are going to put their foot down and force them to keep the rivalry going. But then, you know, there's also a part of me that sees Lincoln Riley whining like a little baby to Jen Collin and telling her he can't go to the playoffs if he has to play Notre Dame. And what galls me about this is, you know, this guy won't be here in ten years, right, So it's so the rivalry is dead and gone in ten years because a guy from Muleshoe, Texas decided he can't beat Notre Dame. I mean that's horrible. I mean, how do you hire a coach? Would us he ever hire a coach that says he can't beat Notre Dame. I mean that's a good standard to me when you interview a coach, do you think you can be Notre Dame? No, Well then go somewhere else and coach. I mean that's he doesn't want to compete. I mean, how do you be at USC as the head coach to not want to compete? It's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: I agree with that. What about next year?
Speaker 4: Would Jade and Mayava and mckaye, Lemon and Lane be on the Heisman list or and the twenty twenty six Trojans or are those guys all leaving?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 7: First, I know, Don's falling asleep because we're talking about you.
Speaker 4: You love it? Do say? He's all?
Speaker 3: I love it, Scott. I just don't know enough to ask you a question. That's all.
Speaker 7: Well, we can talk about Seem Valley basketball later, the.
Speaker 3: Present tense Seem Valley basketball. There's not much to talk about.
Speaker 7: The Howckey era.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 4: Oh that's inside jokes right there.
Speaker 7: Well, sorry, I digress. What were you asking about, Mayava?
Speaker 4: Are those guys all going to leave and they're going to have to rebuild or whether you think they'll find out nil money for the two receivers in Mayava.
Speaker 7: I can't see why MacKaye Lemon would come back. There's no point he's not going to get better. Co Wlayne will probably go, but I'm going to be honest, I'm tired of watching him motion a first down every time he catches the ball, and that play at Oregon was just one of the lowest points in USC history to me, where he's running against the wall trying to get the ball back after the interception. But I think definitely is coming back because he needs another year. He hasn't played enough. I don't think to be a top NFL guy next year in the draft, so I think they'll have him. They'll bring in some recruits, but I mean, I don't see with the schedule them being a college football playoff team next year.
Speaker 4: No, it doesn't seem like it's going to be any different, because it doesn't seem like they are going to be any different. Speaking of that Wolf, it was making the rounds today and I'm not as familiar as the people. I mean, I know who Jen Cohen is and met with her a little bit, but I'm not as familiar of the people around us. He as I used to be. Who was the guy was that an associate athletic director that walked out onto the fifty yard line and was made gesturing and acting like he was going to play or what the hell was that going on before the game.
Speaker 7: He's an assistant athletic director who works in the football program. Some people say he doesn't do a lot of work, but he was taunting some people, I guess on the sideline at Oregon and it was extremely embarrassing. But here's another thing I want to say about that he was doing it well. Oregon's band was on the field. Can you imagine if a organ is this an athletic director walk out in the middle of the field and was taunting while the US sun was on the field, everybody would be going ballistic right now in LA especially the band, people would be going nuts right now. So I cannot believe, you know, thing was tolerated. And if Jen Cohen doesn't say something or do something about that, that's a real low point to me for USC football.
Speaker 4: The Jacoby Lane and the assistant ad out on the o acting hard, those are the.
Speaker 7: You got to read the press release from last week too, that also went viral today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, go went back to the leather helmet days. I don't understand USC like us. He can act arrogant and be cool if they knock people off the ball, but they don't do that anymore. So I don't understand why they're trying to flex like they're going to dominate anybody. But that's just you and me, old man yelling at the clouds. We love you, Wolf, Thank you for coming on two low points for the season that we'll remember Jacoby Lane trying to steal the ball back from a guy that picked it off and the assistant ad on the O taunting organ while their band was on the field at Oddson Stadium in a game that they beat USC by two plus scores. Thank you, Wolfe.
Speaker 7: Thanks guys.
Speaker 3: There we go, Scott Wolf figure that shirk out. Oh yeah, well you know all right, you know everything I do from here on out, I'm gonna be taking it to him. But you and Wolf have a better dialogue to me interjecting some stupid question.
Speaker 4: I didn't think it was going to be stupid. Don you know you're a pretty insightful guy. I think you were just watching the end of the USC Seaton Hall game that I was doing too Muscleman with another victory. He's doing a good job, right. Yeah, he's very likable.
Speaker 3: He is.
Speaker 4: He's my favorite USC coach.
Speaker 3: He's not quite Mick cronin level press conference, but in the in the ballpark.
Speaker 4: And I like the Gottlieb lady, the one who coaches the wine. All right, we'll be right back with more. Petro send money on AM five seventy l A Sports. Take it a to.
Speaker 1: Hello, PMS listener. Did you know a M five seventy l A Sports has wide range of LA sports podcasts. There's Rogan and Rodney. That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of record, Clipper Talk without a Musk, follow us all and many more. Just go to AM five to seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio wips.
Speaker 4: Four hours of great sports talking a two ed mono Tuesday. Don and I are doing it for the team and taking it to him. We got a big rivalry game Michigan, Ohio State not AM kick on M FI seventy. It's inspired us to take a game them.
Speaker 6: Boil down to three things. Three things.
Speaker 3: This is what happens when you call on the.
Speaker 6: Team that hits the hardest and the longest, the team that starts the fastest, and the team is too damn smart to make mistakes. It's too smart to make mistakes. And that team will win without any question if you take it to them, if you don't make mistakes and you keep taking it to them. Hell, there's no question who will win. Yeah, there's no question, and who will win. Now, let's go out and do it.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 4: I want sham Beckler. I think sham Beckler is good too. I want sham Beckler. I'll read you a couple of texts while you're finding sham Becker.
Speaker 9: The secret text does a fine brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers.
Speaker 3: We make it.
Speaker 10: Easy championship, and we're gonna win it as a team. They can throw out all those great backs and great quarterbacks and great defensive players throughout the country and in this conference, but there's gonna be one team that's gonna play solely as a team. No man is more important than the team. No coach is more important than the team. The team, the team, the team.
Speaker 4: No I like when he goes And if we think that way, that's my part.
Speaker 10: Everything that you do, you take into consideration what effect does that have on my team together? As a team, We're gonna believe in each other. We're not gonna criticize each other. We're not gonna talk about each other. We're gonna encourage each other, and we play as a team. When the old season is over, the old it's gonna be Michigan again, Michigan.
Speaker 4: Sure, this text says Scott was good, but don McLain still that segment. Yeah, this says so. Wasn't the associate a D just out there at midfield taking it to him? Or was he not being smart enough to not make mistakes?
Speaker 3: You got to pick your you gotta pick your spots. When taking it to him.
Speaker 4: Is an associate a D. I don't think taking it to him, Taking it to him is like making a great deal with like metres or you know GNC. It's not going out on midfield and acting like you're about to play the game or even call plays or that's right. I never liked it when we had coaches that try to act all hard.
Speaker 3: Well, here's what's going to happen, Pete. When this show is over tonight, I'm gonna check back in with you next week and to see how the taking it to him and the keep taking it to him right, because that's gonna happen. But there's gonna be instances where I got it. I can't keep taking.
Speaker 4: It to him right, Well, you don't want to get in trouble, right And you know, Matt Smith, it's a whole different, you know, with vibe when Matt's here, Like, am I gonna be able to take it to him as much as I want to know?
Speaker 3: Question?
Speaker 4: You know, Mike, Matt's more of a spread guy and I'm more of a you know, eleven twelve personnel guy.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to check back in in a week. On this tomorrow morning, it's on.
Speaker 4: They're going to see a new dad. You're gonna sit at the table with your with your wife and kids and I and be like, hey guys, no more mister nice guy. No, we're taking it to him from here on out, and we're gonna keep taking it to him because we're a team. You guys can call what he haes yourself. It's a thing you'll have to look up Sham Beckler on YouTube. We'll be right back with Mark Petroson money more college football. That has nothing to do with this. I promise not to call Woody next