Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 5: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 7: Now your pregame host of the world champion La Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Bolwango Casino Dodgers on deck on this beautiful Tuesday, April twenty eighth, Your Dodgers twenty and nine on this season, first place at top the NL West. After a dramatic comfort behind win over the Marlins last night, the Dodgers have now won three in a row and look to make it four straight tonight with show hay Otani on the mound. First pitch from Uniclo Field the Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven to ten.
Speaker 5: Come up over the next hour.
Speaker 3: Before we get to first pitch, we got a lot to get to, including hearing for the manager Dave Roberts that's coming up in about twenty minutes, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vasse joins us throughout the hour, DV goes one on one with Tyler Glass. Now coming up about forty five minutes, we got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly we'll visit with Kirsten Watson the latest Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Injury news coming up.
Speaker 3: In just a little bit and a few minutes, we'll head out to the gallpit of Ford Broadcast Booth.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 3: Last night at the Ravine, the Dodgers jumped out to the early lead, then the offense went dormant before a ninth inning rally wins it for the Blue. Yoshinobu Yamamoto got the start. The right hander was a bit rocky last night. Five innings, four runs, five hits. He walked a season high four and what was his shortest outing this season. The Dodgers offense so gave Yamamoto some early run support in the bottom of the first two on two out for Taskar Hernandez.
Speaker 9: Three and one, second and third two gun the pitch to Tayo ground.
Speaker 2: Ball in the center field for eighty six.
Speaker 9: Oh Tommy will and here comes Freeman Pao delivers a pair.
Speaker 2: Of runs with a single of left center. Then the Dodgers take a.
Speaker 3: Quick two to nothing lead, two runs single for tay Oscar RBIs Number sixteen and seventeen Dodgers the early two to nothing lead, Yamamoto worked around traffic on the base pass and the third and the fourth though same thing. Only time he couldn't get out of it and escape it, giving up a run on a throwing air from Hasan Kim Dodgers a two to one lead, and then in the fifth, Yamamoto's control got to him a lead off walk two batters later, another walk two batters later. He left his splitter up in the zone on a one to two pitch to Liam Hicks, who hit it out of the park for a three run home run, and just like that, the Marlins grabbed a four to two lead. The Dodgers' offense swell quiet after those two runs in the first inning. They stayed quiet until the seventh, when they loaded the bases, but they couldn't score. Then in the ninth, Dodgers offense finally woke up, and it was helped out by Marlin's reliever Pete Fairbanks, who walked the first two batters he faced in the bottom of the ninth, so Dodgers had something cooking. Two batters left show Hey Otani delivered a ground rule double the right that made it a four to three game. Dodgers runners on second and third, one out, Freddie Freeman intentionally walked to load the bases. After a pitching change, Will Smith struck out, so two down, bases loaded for Kyle Tucker, and Tucker.
Speaker 2: Lines within the center fielder BaseT. Dodgers are gonna win it. Here comes o tiny rap.
Speaker 10: Third, He'll score hop out that second walk off win of the season for Tucker, four career walkoff hits, and the Dodgers come back to the eleventh time this year and win the ball game of five to four.
Speaker 2: Oh, how do you like that?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 3: Walk off two runs, single to center for Kyle Tucker. That is a top tier play the game, brought to by Arco quality, top tier gas for less. Dodgers, with three runs in the bottom of the ninth come back to beat the Marlins five to four, their eleventh comeback win this season, their second walkoff win this year. Jake Eder earned his first major league win after pitching a scoreless top half of the ninth inning. Dodgers now twenty and nine on the season, winners of three in a row. Tonight they look to make it four straight with show hey Otani on the mount first pitch at seven to ten and with more we head out to the galloping four broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Nevertt and Rick Monday.
Speaker 9: Guys, Tim, thank you very much. It's a beautiful night at Dodgers Stadium. A little on the cool side where he's blowing out toward right and right center as we get sent for baseball. As the Dodgers and the Miami Marlins played Game two of this three game series. A thrilling finished to Game one last night and really his biggest Dodger moments so far, Kyle Tucker, prize acquisition in the free agent market and the offseason, came through with two outs in the bottom of the ninth with a two run walkoff single.
Speaker 11: It was his.
Speaker 9: Fourth walkoff hit of his career, his first as a Dodger, and got the Dodgers their twentieth win.
Speaker 12: Exciting finished last night in the Dodgers that two run deficit going to the bottom of the ninth inning, A couple of walks back to back, and I think they were significant tim because if you look at the walks, they both came on three ball two strike counts. Dodgers did not offer. They get the tying runs the board, and then with one out you get the RBI doubled by Show Hey Otani. At the time, we were saying, well, it's too bad that the ball bounced over the fence because the ball was dead. Runners had to stop at second and third. Then there's the intention to walk to Freddie Freeman after the count went three to zero, strike out to Will Smith, and then for Kyle Tucker, as you mentioned, comes up with a big glass. I would suggest for the Dodgers they not wait till the ninth inning tonight if they're going to put on a run scoring slurge.
Speaker 9: I think that would help the collective front officers blood pressure if they would just get it done early. But they're going to have to do it tonight with a different leadoff hitter. Dalton Rushing will be the designated hitter. He'll bat leadoff. Show Heyotani's only going to pitch tonight.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you and I were both listening to Dave Roberts said talking to the media earlier today, and he was asked, well, what's the story. It's the second time that this has happened, and it basically goes theron round a workload. I mean, the Dodgers are in that streak. Tomorrow will end a thirteen consecutive day with a game to play, and then you start to look at the workload to show Heyo Tani, everybody else on top of it. Roberts line and the quote was, we're going to read and react, and he's taking on a lot, meaning Otani taking a lot both from an offensive standpoint is a hitter and as a pitcher too. A quick turnaround, it's interesting not only is it going to be rushing the designated hitter, but he's batting in that leadoff spot because Dave Roberts does not want to juggle around the rest of the lineup behind him.
Speaker 9: Yeah, in games when Otani pitches this year, he's one for ten at the plate. Last season, he was four for thirty with two home runs in eight games after coming back from injury, and his final season with the Angels in twenty twenty three before the elbow surgery, he had three seventy two with seven home runs in twenty three games in which he pitched. But again the read and react part on the part of the manager and on the part of the Dodgers is load management, essentially for sho Heeyotani, who is expecting to be back at the top of the order for tomorrow's day game.
Speaker 12: And you know one thing we keep talking about as well is the defense this Dodger ball club is putting forward. They have not given away too many opportunities for other team to score. That has really worked in their benefit.
Speaker 9: Chancelling Junk and Shoeyotani the pitching matchup former Angel teammates now going against one another tonight as the Dodgers continue their dominance over the Fish. They are seven to zero in their last thirteen against the Marlins at Dodgers Stadium. The Dodgers have one to eleven of their last thirteen against Miami.
Speaker 3: Tim All right, thank you very much, as we count you down to first pitch, Dodger fans, get that game day meal on It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's Right now, it's Shakys dot Com. We're often running here on Wronggo Casino Dodgers on deck. Coming up, we're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Robert's David Vasego's one on one with Tyler Glass. Now we got your latest injuries news, we got the magical moment.
Speaker 5: We'll dive deeper in this pitchy matchup.
Speaker 3: But up next, you're Otani Rewind and we visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports in at LA. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Marlins on this Tuesday night. First pitch coming up at seven ten. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim kass the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting Game.
Speaker 1: On your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Marlins on this Tuesday night game two of this three game set, Dodgers winners of three in a row. Show Hey Otani on the mount. First pitch coming up at seventen.
Speaker 8: This is the otanias Rewind Jhani against lefties, hitting better than against right He's three sixty seventy swings and hits.
Speaker 10: It on the ground up the middle toward the right centerfield gap.
Speaker 2: For a hit around.
Speaker 9: In his call, Paul will be held at carrot o'tani big turnaround first base, he'll have to retreat and now the time under a board A two out single for Show hey Otani.
Speaker 2: Swang I belt it down the right field side.
Speaker 10: That is a bare ball and it bounces over the wall for a double.
Speaker 2: Hoo haz will come into the score. It is four to three.
Speaker 3: Show hey Otani with his second consecutive three hit game last night, finishing the night three for five with the ground rule double that scored a run in the ninth. He also had two singles to run scored part of a Dodgers come from behind win over the fish.
Speaker 7: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 3: Hey Kirson now joy says, brought to you by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to do an eight year old car. Get rid of it today and it can be picked up tomorrow.
Speaker 5: That easy. Donate now at Cars for Kids dot org.
Speaker 3: That's Cars with the k All Right, Kirson, here we are. It's a night in which Show hey Otani is pitching but not hitting.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and you know what yesterday that's funny. That was the big question, like is the plan going to be or you're gonna have him as a true two way guy. You're only gonna have him pitch and not hit. And Dave Roberts kind of teased us yesterday is like, potentially, I don't know, we shall see, and then at the end of the night told us that he was not going to hit today. So that means Adulton Rushing is stepping in as the DH. But when it comes to show, hey and just there when they look at him, obviously he's been excellent on them now and that's probably the best we've seen of him. But when they're looking at maintaining him for the long run, it's obviously still very early in the season, and so they're trying to put him in a position where not only could he make all of his starts, he can be healthy in all of his starts, and he can still be in a position that he still has his best stuff come October. So by doing that, if he's just pitching today, it kind of takes off the pressure of having to be worried about, you know, scouting the Marlins pitching, starting a pitcher to prepare himself as a hitter and understanding that side of the game as well, and so It's funny. Dave kind of explained it us. This is like a half day for show hey O Tani in which he only to focus on the pitching. It allows him to be in a position where he can still recover well, he can be available to be the DH in an earlier start time tomorrow against the Marlins. So this is really one of those things. It's about maintaining health and keeping him in a position undertaining the long game. So it is something that we could see again, We've already seen it once this season. I think that situation was slightly different because it was coming off of a game in which he had taken a pitch off his shoulder, so obviously he was a little sore, and that one's with a little bit of a different dynamic. But it does sound like not all of the time, but here and there we could see a situation in which Dave finds that it just is more sense for him to focus on the pitching, alleviate himself from the hitting in one game, to then get back to being the DH the next day. And considering that we're on the back end of thirteen games straight, that was a big thing that came into the consideration for today and just keeping Showhey in a good spot on the.
Speaker 5: Mount with Osawni pitching.
Speaker 3: That means a designated hitter is open and it's Dalton Rushing bat.
Speaker 11: Lead off, batting you know what, Yes, he is batting lead off because Dalton Rushing has been on fire as of lay. We've been teasing that his new name should be Dalton Crushing or Crushing Rushing because he has truly been crushing the ball. It's funny whenever you talk to the guys in the clubhouse about Dalton, they're always like, this is the guy who we have heard about.
Speaker 5: Who was like carrying up the miners.
Speaker 11: And so Dalton he made some adjustments to a swing. He's in a really good spot. So the last time we did see him step in SDH for Show Hey, he was actually batting seventh. Today he's batting lead off, and Dave Roberts had, honestly, what went to that decision was he just didn't want to adjust the rest of the lineup. He likes where everything else is at. He likes whether it's Freddy and kind of where Kyle is playing right now, and so this just allowed kind of a true seamless ploppin' or Poppin' Dalton rushing lineup still is in a good spot. Not too many adjustments, and they do many believes. Listen, Dalton's got confidence that he is ready, and he last time he sept in for show. Hey, show, Hey, what told him? You know, hit a few homers from.
Speaker 1: Me and he did.
Speaker 11: So we shall see what happens.
Speaker 5: We'll see. Thank you curious, We'll check out with you after the game.
Speaker 3: Coming up here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper into this pitching match up. David beasego's one on one with Tyler Glass now. But up next we get you an injury report and we hear from the manager himself.
Speaker 5: Dave Roberts lead you up to Dodgers and Marlins on this Tuesday night. First pitch is seven ten.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kats's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue.
Speaker 2: All season long.
Speaker 3: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Tuesday, nineties. We lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and the Marlins Marongo Casino resort and spa a grand Slam for a good times show. Hey o Tani on the mount, first pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: This he's the LA Dodgers injury report.
Speaker 3: Persented by Use Healthy, official medical partner of your Los Angeles Dodgers. Edwin Diaz on the IL after elbows surgery. He helps me back after the All Star break. Mookie Betts on the IL working his way back from a right oblique strain. Tommy Evon on the IL, recovering from off season ankle surgery. Brock Stewart is progressing. He's in Oklahoma City on a rehab assignment. He's the closest Dodger reliever to making a return to the Dodgers at the big league level. Blake Snell on a minor league rehab assignment with Ontario. Hopefully that check saw a couple more boxes and he can work his way back sometime next month. Bruce dar graderol getting close as well, and in that Gavin Stone, Evan Phillips, and Keithy Hernandez also on the IL. All right, we head back out to Dodgers statum. We get the pregame thought to the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 13: Anything else.
Speaker 1: Questions for Dave Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 13: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 14: I think with today it was more of it's not it's it's been like the thirteen and a row. I think it's been a grind for everyone. And also you kind of take into consideration, you know, everything that show Hayes goes through on a daily basis. To know that he'll be back in the lineup tomorrow, I think this this is an opportunity to kind of, you know, hedge a little bit, play both sides, to to have a guy that swinging a good bat and Dalton, you know, replace him for a night, to give show hay the best opportunity to pitch well and not do take on both duties for tonight, to then just to hit tomorrow and then have an off day and hopefully you know, kind of this abbreviation will get him reset, you know after the off day.
Speaker 7: Adult last time you did this, I think he was that accepted. Why did you want to.
Speaker 1: Do that meet up today?
Speaker 14: I think, you know, be swinging well. I didn't want to kind of tinker too much with the construction for everyone and there weren't with that, there weren't a whole lot of options, and I felt that, you know the way swinging the bat, I like where hay Song is at at the bottom, ish and keep him down there, and then I just felt good. I think the doll can handle it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, are there? He is the manager Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: When we continue here on Marago Casino Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with the David Zay as we lead up to first pitch Dodgers and Marlins. First pitch from Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium is coming up at seven ten. I'm Tim Kas's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Marlins on this Tuesday, and I show hey o Tany on the mound.
Speaker 5: First pitch coming up at seven ten. Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by El Pato, born in La and made for your game day.
Speaker 3: Alpoto brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, sauces and hot sauces.
Speaker 5: Right to your plate El Poto Gourmet in a.
Speaker 7: Can, joining Tim kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 6: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bassi.
Speaker 5: All right, dav a lot talked about in.
Speaker 3: The last twenty four hours, Dave Roberts saying, oh sho, show heyo Tani. Not gonna be a two way player tonight, second time this year? All right, what's the plan though moving forward after tonight in the rest of his starts.
Speaker 6: Well, Andrew Friedman was really gracious with this time, and I really do appreciate how honest and forthcoming he was with a lot of the Dodgers' plans moving forward, including show hey Otani on nights like this that he is pitching, and let's not forget In case you don't know, tomorrow is a twelve to ten start get away day for the Marlins. Here's what Andrew Friedman told us over the weekend about on how the Dodgers are going to balance Otani becoming a full time starter and also keeping him well rested enough for the postseason.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I think it's all part of the rest and what makes the most sense, you know it doesn't make sense for him to go wire to wire pitch your hit or playing every day, pitching every week. That's hard, and so we do need to mix some rest in there. Whether we do it on the day starts and then therefore he can't hit late in the game, or if we do it around it the day before, the day after, we would at least have the silver bullet off the bench and the ninth inning in a tight game to be able to pinch hit. You know, all those are questions and I think, you know, getting with him and from our standpoint, if there's a clear answer, whatever it is, we're great with it. If there's not a clear answer, it's just going to require a lot of conversation and some trial and erroror kind of feel it out.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I feel like that's tonight is in that category. They're gonna see how this works out where he probably will DH tomorrow and tonight he will not DH, as you know, Dalton rushing leading off tonight in the DH spot. But here's one thing Tim that I think we all forget to realize, and that is that it's hard to pitch in Major League Baseball, and the day after starts, even for guys that are not named sho Hey. Otani takes a lot out of them and the recovery time is five to six days.
Speaker 13: But Otani's asked.
Speaker 6: To dh and carry the offensive load each and every night. So this is a completely different animal than what we saw in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: David is brought to by the Ford Maverick Motor trend in the North American Truck of the Year, the Ford Maverick Everything you need, the most innovative truck with forty two miles per gallon at the best MSRP of its category. It's time to see Ford in a new light. Go to your Southern California four dealers today. Something big going on in the I Eat It IDV.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we are less than ten minutes from first pitch in Ontario, Blake Snell. We'll be making his second rehab start. First pitch out there in Ontario in that brand new beautiful ballpark is coming up at six thirty five. And Blake Snell in his first rehab start when one plus innings through thirty two pitches when Ontario is in San Jose last week, so you would imagine he wants to get that pitch count up.
Speaker 13: Closer to fifty.
Speaker 6: So if you're on your way out there to Ontario, hopefully you get there in time for first pitch to see Blake Snell take them ount in that beautiful new ballpark.
Speaker 3: Dave, what's the timeline then for Blake? After that, just kind of progress it up, get built up.
Speaker 13: Look, Yeah, that's that's it.
Speaker 6: After this, he told me he's going to Oklahoma City to make a rehab start for his third one.
Speaker 13: So that's where this leads to.
Speaker 6: And I could still see him coming back possibly on the next homestand as early as the next homestand or in my opinion, maybe in Anaheim against the Angels.
Speaker 3: Sounds good, great stuff, Dabill, check back in with you, and just a little bit coming up here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. You are gonna hear from Tyler Glass. Now we're gonna break down this pitching matchup.
Speaker 5: What up next?
Speaker 3: Your Dodgers Magical moment Dodgers Marlins. First pitch is seven to ten on this Tuesday night. I'm Tim kats Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Marlin show Hey Otani on the Mount on this Tuesday and night, game two of this three game set. It's Women's night out at the Ravine. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 2: Up here, who wants to hot?
Speaker 7: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment Bitch Magical presented by Hawfy Hot tis.
Speaker 3: Well, we go back to April's twenty eighth of last year, Yes, one year ago, Dodgers and Marlins. Dodgers jumped out to an early five to nothing lead. However, the Marlins battled back to tie the game at five.
Speaker 5: They went to extra innings.
Speaker 3: In the tenth, the Marlins went up six to five on Hayes Sue Sanchez's RBI double, so the Dodgers needed to answer. In the bottom of the tenth. They got runners in the scoring position for Tommy Edmund.
Speaker 2: So now Tommy Edmund.
Speaker 9: Looking at the first Pitcherman Rico's.
Speaker 10: Base head right tail, conferno comes in their cups pie has Dodgers win it. Tony d then loucks it off seven to six. Dodgers win.
Speaker 1: Edmond then went around.
Speaker 2: He smacked it in the right field.
Speaker 10: And the Dodgers hit their nineteenth win of the season, their second in extra innings Tommy Hedmother's mob down there, two out walk off single by Tommy Edmund in the tenth inning last year as the Dodgers beat the Marlins in extra innings seven to six, one year ago.
Speaker 3: Today, No, this Hafey magical moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs. Haffe so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hoftey hot Dogs, local and so great. When we continue here on Morago Casino Dodgers on Debt, we'll check out with Rick Monday for leading you up to first pitch Dodgers and Marlins. I'm Tim Keats's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Debt on your home for the Blue full season long.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Marlins Show. Hey, O tany on the Mountain tonight. First pitch coming up at seven to ten time. Now for the Verizon startup. We are thirty five minutes from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low prize for three years so you can save big.
Speaker 5: Visit your so cal Verizon Store.
Speaker 7: Today and now joined by David Basseying, here's la Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: You know, Rick, everywhere I go these days around Dodgers Stadium, there's a love fest for Rick Monday, and rightfully so. This past weekend you were honored and rightfully so. And then today I was talking to one of your former teammates and now part of the Dodgers for an office, Ron Renegee, who asked about you x.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 13: He said when he first.
Speaker 6: Got called up back then, rookies were not treated well. But he said, Rick Monday and Bill Russell took care of me.
Speaker 12: Isn't that nice?
Speaker 13: You know?
Speaker 12: The other part too, is I think that's a big big deal. We and I say we, all of us within this organization at the time too. It was not like look hazing young players. It was embracing them because they were going to enhance our opportunities. And not right then and there, at some point down the line. And I think back when I first came up, you know, I know there was some guys that you know, went.
Speaker 9: Through some stuff.
Speaker 12: I did not experience that, nor did I think it was necessary.
Speaker 1: To do that.
Speaker 12: I know oralhurst Eis and I have talked about it. There was a game against the Cincinnati Reds that Oral talks about right after he joined the ball club. He was a spot in the ball in the ball game that the Reds were behind. Nick Is Saski was the hitter and the count was three and oh and Oorl was surprised and this Hasky was going to be swinging with a three to zero count. Well, there were a couple of runners on I best remember, and Oral asked me about it later. I said, or he was the one guy that had extra base power. He was going to get the green light to maybe tie the game or give them the lead. So you have to watch little things like that. It's a learning process. And I know in the past when the ball club trained at Dodged Town of Barrowbeats, not too far was away from Dodger Pine's country Club, and we would ask some of the younger players, hey, hey, kid, you know this is and we're working out later after the regular schedule. They say, hey, kid, you play golf? He say yeah, did you have your clubs with you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 12: So okay, we'll pick you up at the front office. At four o'clock and we would go out and play you know, ten twelve holes, whatever it might be. And that's how you went thing. And the other part was the dining room. You never knew for these younger players that had just reported going to spring training and living on campus, if they would sit down and have breakfast, lunch, or maybe even dinner next to over the years, say a Duke Snyder at Pee Wee Reese. If you're going back into the time itself, and that's how the organization really became known as a family, the Dodger family, because you were together and you shared experiences.
Speaker 6: So I would imagine when a player like Ron Renneckee gets called up, it's not the first time you've seen him or interacted with him because of that dining room in Vero Beach.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and have a chance to embrace them. You or the younger players come up. They're part of your ball club. They're there because they'll help you to win games. And I never bought into the hazing part of it. If a guy you know misbehaved and did something, something was said to them. There are a couple of instances where you tell a young player and I know that someone did speak to a young player and said, hey, we don't do that here, and the younger players kind of talked back and said, oh, you don't understand. You joined our ball club. We didn't join your ball club. So either getting stafford or you're gonna have our time.
Speaker 6: And they were all great ball clubs starting in nineteen seventy.
Speaker 12: Well, the expectations were there. The expectations have grown, and they're there again too. I mean, back to back World championships and everybody has expectations. How about last night to come from behind victory, you realize how close we are. Some people may not have heard what Dave Roberts was saying after the ball game that if the Dodgers had tied it in the in the ninth inning, we would have seen something very very close, because Roberts confirmed that if the game continued, Dalton Rushing would move to first base and Freddie Freeman would have moved to third base and played this so Freeman has not played third base since twenty seventeen, Munsey has not played second base is twenty twenty two months. He would have gone to second base. We could have had, well, who's on first, second, or third?
Speaker 13: Last night? Well, thank you to Kyle Tucker on many levels.
Speaker 1: Then absolutely all right, Rick.
Speaker 6: We'll check that in with you and Tim Nevertt and you treated me well too in my rookie season.
Speaker 13: At the Rockets.
Speaker 12: You to see it, David.
Speaker 13: Thanks Rick, we'll send it back into the studio.
Speaker 5: Tim, all right, Thank you guys.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Baseball presented by Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium. Visit Uniclo dot com slash you still to come.
Speaker 5: Here on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: Before first pitch, we'll get you a preview this pitching matchup. We're getting to get the keys of the game as well. But up next we go high and Night with Tyler Glass. Now it leads up to Dodgers and Marlins first pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Kas's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers onzek on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's a Dodgers and the Marlins on these Tuesday night game three of this three game serious things. We'll wrap up tomorrow with a noonter at the Ravine Show. Hey Otani on the mount. First pitch coming up at seven ten. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor.
Speaker 5: What are you doing for dinner tonight?
Speaker 3: How about the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 7: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 5: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 6: Remember when I used to take you down to the creek and dip your head in the creek. Well, I'm joined right now, but I'm Tyler Glass now. Tyler, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 13: I appreciate it.
Speaker 15: Yeah, thank you, dude, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 6: What's the season been like for you, Tyler? Obviously in spring training you laid it out for all of us, just what's the biggest difference for you?
Speaker 13: But to get results? How big is that? It's good?
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I think just working on all this stuff during last playoffs and bringing it into the off season and spring in the now, it's just nice to have like a sense of consistency, and I think like making adjustments within those changes has been really really easy.
Speaker 6: I remember you said in spring where you've kind of let the coaches do you in the right direction. Now that you're in the thick of the season, is it as easy to do as it was in spring training? Yeah.
Speaker 15: I have a lot of trust in Connor and Mark, and I do think a lot of it is just preparing how I normally prepare, and then just going out and throwing, and then if something feels off, just trust their eyes and for the most part, every time there's something I need answer, they're always there to answer it.
Speaker 6: On a day like today, where you're out there on flat ground and Connor's out there with you, what are you feeling out there? What's different in between starts for you than maybe a year year ago.
Speaker 15: It's all kind of the same, Like you're you're the throw itself is the same, but I think each day like it's a little different. You're always trying to get back to baseline. I felt good to my penty yesterday, I felt relatively fine, pretty good today, and then tomorrow's a new day and on.
Speaker 13: And so forth.
Speaker 15: So I think like one day throughout the week doesn't really dictate how you feel on start day. So it's just trying to like stay healthy, fix what you need to fix and then move on.
Speaker 6: Are you a guy that goes back to look at video of the previous start or is it moving on to the next one?
Speaker 15: Don't you?
Speaker 3: I won't.
Speaker 15: I guess it just depends, like if it's a really good one or something, I'll maybe watch it. But I think a lot of times the only time I really watch a video is if I'm something like feels off and I can like refer back to when I was feeling good, or how I was setting up, or like where my hands or like just something like that. So for the most part, it's just if I'm trying to like fix something, all your look at video.
Speaker 6: You've been in the league for a while now, you know yourself pretty well for pictures when you're going good. Do you have to understand what is working so well for you for when times are a little off?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 15: Yeah, Well, I just think a lot of times when you feel bad, you remember what it feels like to feel good, or like you kind of remember your cues then or like I said to you just go back and look at videos, and like, for the most part, everyone's trying to get like every start, you're trying to get that feeling of feeling good and like feeling timed up, And I think throughout the weekend, throughout the course of a season, like there's different things you have to do to achieve that, whether it's like fatigue or something like your hips are in a different spot or whatever. It is, like you're just trying to find on time for what that day is. So I think it's just realizing that it's not gonna be perfect every day, but just doing what you can and managing your workload to like figure out how to feel as good as you can that day.
Speaker 6: When did you learn how to be your best pitching coach in the middle of games?
Speaker 15: I know, I don't know. I think it's just like experience of doing it a lot, Like I since I started pitching, it was always like hunting the feeling of being on time, And I think just the more you do it, the better you are at it, or like you've run through it so many times that like you know, this doesn't work and this works and stuff like that.
Speaker 13: So I don't know.
Speaker 15: Maybe I just think the more experience I get, the better I feel with it. And I also think, like I said, it's nice to just be able to trust Connor remark to where there's times I will tinker around and just be like, what do you like and they're just always I feel like they're just there to kind of tell me what they see, and it's like a lot easier to expedite the process. When I have two guys watching.
Speaker 13: Me, will they say, hey, stop tinkering.
Speaker 15: No, They'll just say, like, this is what I see, so they kind of understand that, like this is kind of how I am, which has been really nice. Like I don't think that's ever been something I've had before. Like I think every coach ever hat is like just stop blah blah blah blah. But like it's just a gift and a curse. I guess it's just always how I am when I pitch, and uh, for the most part, it's when i'm good.
Speaker 5: I'm tinkering.
Speaker 15: When I'm bad, I'm tinkering just how I am, And they're just really good at being like this is what I see, like your hands are too low and I'm moving smooth or whatever it is. And then for the most part, I'll go out and implement what they say and it usually works out.
Speaker 6: So that last start in San Francisco, you were so good. Can you describe if there was any tinkering or any feeling that you can take with you moving forward.
Speaker 15: No, that honestly, that game felt like every inning was different. So I've been kind of on a roll here, but I think, like I said, the foundation of what I'm doing right now is good to where like it's not huge tinkering. Like I think like I'm still like my base is still strong enough to like make adjustments now it feels good, And I think, are you still even like that game? I tinkered and stuff and I felt really good every inning, and it's just you're trying to get back to a feeling and like staying behind the baseball, and yeah, that's what I did.
Speaker 6: So two starts to go, one sinker, then the last start you threw more than you have all season. Is that something for you to be able to lean on having both fastballs now in your back pocket whenever you need them.
Speaker 13: It's nice.
Speaker 5: I've had it for a couple of years now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I think some days some play better than others, and I kind of just sequence off of what feels good that day. But it is good to have just the more options I have, the.
Speaker 6: Better your curveball I remember that game in Anaheim. I don't know why it stands out more this year than in years past. Your curveball, it's always been amazing, but I don't know, it feels like your fastballs are playing more off your curveball. What's so special about the way you're able to grip and rip.
Speaker 15: Before the playoffs and just taking it into the off season, like that whole thing that Connors in Mark switched with me, Like my back foot, I always would just rush down the mound and I'd either throw it like a really sharp one at like fifty feet or I would just back up. And then I implemented like doing the spike before two strikes and putting both fingers on with two strikes. And I think it's just I'm able to just kind of even if I'm late now, I can still kind of get it into the zone. And I just think with the confidence, I'm throwing it more and it just feels more comfortable. But I think it was all because of those adjustments. And then, I mean, I've always my curveball has always been my best pitch, even in like high school, and I kind of lost it there for a little bit, and then I just think now that I'm kind of back on track, I feel like I have it again for strikes especially.
Speaker 6: Well, it's thanks a lot for the time. Keep it going and I'll try to come up with more lyrics for the next time.
Speaker 15: Very good, I'll remember next time too perfect.
Speaker 2: There it goes.
Speaker 6: Tyler Glass now has been our guest. And don't forget Mother's Day is coming up fast. You better plan ahead. The Capitol Grill is open all day with a special brunch from ten to two.
Speaker 13: Be sure to make your rest reservation early. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 5: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, DV.
Speaker 3: As we lead you up to first pitch on this Tuesday night Dodgers and Marlins up next, we'll.
Speaker 5: Dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim kas is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game.
Speaker 1: On your home for La Dodgers Baseball hits.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers and the Marlins on these Tuesday Night Dodgers winners of three in a row, looking to make it four straight. They'll wrap up the homestand tomorrow with the series finale against Miami at twelve ten.
Speaker 5: First pitch from Uniclo Field at.
Speaker 3: Dodger Stadium tonight coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 7: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 3: Matchup presented by your Toyota Dealers.
Speaker 5: We make it easy.
Speaker 3: Jansen Junk on the mound for the Miami Marlins. He is one and two with the three sixty seven ERA, thirty year old right Originally drafted by the Yankees out of Seattle University, he was teammates with Trek Scooble for two years there. He made his major league debut in twenty twenty one with the Angels.
Speaker 5: Since then, he's bounced around.
Speaker 3: The Brewers, the as minor leagues with the Royals, now his second season with the Miami Marlins. He beat out Braxton Garrett in spring training for the fifth spot in this Miami rotation. Fastball, slider, change up, curveball. Junk throws a lot of junk. Making his six start this season last time out, five shutout innings, one hit, two strikeouts in a win over the Cardinals. Janson Junk is holding right handed hitters to a one oh nine average and a three point fifty nine ops left handed hitters, though against him hitting three forty five. This is his first career start against the Dodgers. Show Hey o Tany on the mound for the Blue two to zero with a point thirty eight ERA. The thirty one year old right hander has been fantastic as a starter this year, making his fifth start for the second time this season. As we've talked about not hitting and pit night, just the starting pitcher, Dalton Rushing is a designated hitter. Last time out, six shutout Indians five hits, seven strikeouts in a win over the Giants. Show Hey is pitching on five days reds, which is new for Otani with the Dodgers, but he did it fifteen times in twenty three starts with the Angels in his final year before his second Tommy John surgery. Otani only pitched on five days rest twice last regular season. Otani wan to zero with a sub one ERA in two career starts against the Miami Marlins, but both of those starts as a member of the Angels. He has not faced them since joining the Dodgers. Now a couple of seasons ago, show Hey Otani Jansen junk the pitching matchup Dodgers and Marlins were fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game with Tim and Moe r. Next, I'm Tim Kats and this is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue all Season.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers in Marlins, Game two of this three game set. Dodgers with one more Tomorrow show. Hey Otani and Chansen Junk the pitching matchup as we get you ready for the start of the game with a Saporo start a great moment.
Speaker 5: Start with Theaporo. Yeah, whatever your taste.
Speaker 3: Preference to Poro has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic piers. Soaporo, good with sushi, great with baseball. One final time before first pitch, we head out to the booth with Tim Neffert and Rick Mounday.
Speaker 2: Guys, Tim, thanks again.
Speaker 9: We count you down to the first pitch of tonight's ball game on a gorgeous night at Dodgers Stadium. It's Jansen Junk pitching for the Miami Marlins and for the Dodgers at show Hey Otani. Otani two to zero with a zero point three eight earned run average. That is the second lowest earn run average in all of baseball right now, as he is behind only the Angels Jose Soriano among big leaguers at least fifteen innings pitched. Otani's thrown twenty four. He has thrown exactly six innings in each of his previous four starts.
Speaker 12: Very quickly. A couple of notes on Otani. If you're an opposing hitter, you did not want to have two strengths on you, especially early in the count. Why well, with two strikes batting average against his sixty two just three hints in the forty eight at bats where Otani has had two strengths on a hitter lefties, if hit just a buck twenty five, right handers, if hit just won sixty two, and then against that fastball, it's well below even a one twenty batting average against. We'll see what he does tonight, because tonight he can concentrate on just.
Speaker 9: Pitching, and his goal is to make every start that he has assigned this year, and the Dodgers may flip him around every fifth day this is the first time he's starting on five days rest. They might have him pitch every sixth, but we'll see how it goes as the season moves along. And Dave Roberts was asked about what he thought of shoe Heeltani through the first four starts. He said, quote, it's as good as I have seen him. Unquote Jansen junk one in two three sixty seven, coming off his first win. Lots of sliders and sweepers, So the Dodgers should see a bunch of breaking balls tonight from the Marlin starter. Dodgers twenty and nine, they've won three straight. Marlins thirteen and six, they've lost three straight. Lineups.
Speaker 2: First pitch, just around the corner.
Speaker 3: All right, Dodgers start the night half game up on the San Diego Padres are in action right now, second inning of the Petco Park. No score between the Padres and the Chicago Cubs.
Speaker 5: Will keep you updated on that game all night long.
Speaker 3: David Vess has got your cover with all the post game when this one is over, reaction highlights, and of course Dodger talk as well. Coming up show, Hey Otani on the mound. Dodgers Marlins next enjoyed everybody, I'm Tim Kates and this is the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network