Speaker 1: It's Marcus in the morning and we were back from the weekend with second date up date. Let's just go ahead and get started, bringing our guy, Darius Son, who's been waiting patiently. Darius, good morning, Hey, good morning. Tell me about your date. The girl's name was Leanne and yeah, you guys are in the South Bay. So what happened, Like, what did you do on the date?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I met her at like a Vietnamese spot. I can't remember the name of it, but it was it was in San Jose, Okay. She showed up looking amazing. Okay, man, her look was crazy, and we had like a like a really fun time talking. Like we talked about everything, like from growing up in the Bay, food, travel, you name it. We're just talking about it.
Speaker 1: This is like a dream scenario.
Speaker 2: I'm like I had I had a really good time, uh huh. And because I think if I could put it in in a way, it just felt it felt easy, right, it felt very.
Speaker 1: Sure, going, very posed right Okay.
Speaker 2: And then you know, when we was wrapping up the night, we saw like this, like this street vendor and like we ended up sharing like a cup of fruit on the sidewalk.
Speaker 3: So it was like a big.
Speaker 2: Romantic type thing going on, and I love the fact that she was like low maintenance, you know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 1: Sure, very easy, inexpensive. I'm just kidding, I'm just guess terrible. I'm kidding.
Speaker 3: Bockets broke.
Speaker 2: So I was good.
Speaker 1: How did it end? Did you all kiss or what?
Speaker 3: No kiss?
Speaker 2: But we did hug hugged, and I keep it very respectful. I text her when I got home and I told her I had a great time and I wanted to see her again. So she replied good night, and she said she had fun too, And the next day nothing vanished.
Speaker 1: Like literally nothing, literally nothing. So so ghosts, Okay, well, I'm gonna have you on the line when we call her. So all I ask is that you mute your phone so she doesn't hear you. But we'll try to get some answers. I'll ask her how she thought the date went. Okay, okay, let's figure are some things out. Go ahead and meet your phone. I'm gonna give her a call. Okay, all right, all right, go ahead and listen in.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hi is this Leanne? Yeah, Hi, it's it's Marcus calling from start one one three from the morning show. Oh, hi, Hi, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good? How are you good?
Speaker 1: Do you have a second to be on the radio? Do you listen to the show?
Speaker 3: This is about Darius, isn't it? Oh? Wow?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes it is. Welcome to Second Date Update. Do you want to you want to be on? Are you okay? Sure? Great, Let's go ahead and bring them on Darius. Good morning? Are you there?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 1: Hey, so Leanne, I figure you know why we're calling. Did you ghostar on your date there? And if so, just tell us why did he screw up somehow? What happened?
Speaker 3: Well? Okay, I mean, yes, yes I did ghost him, but I mean the date started out really great. I mean I really.
Speaker 4: Did enjoy talking to him, and he seemed really nice and you know, interesting, and you know, things were going great. And then after dinner later that night.
Speaker 3: That's when you know, things changed a little bit and that caused my opinion of him to change. Well, we went out just walking after dinner and there was a street vendor. He was, you know, selling fruit, so I had some. So I was getting getting some of the fruit and he said it was like five dollars five bucks, So like I gave him ten so I could get changed back. And so this is where the issues started happening. Was he started negotiating with the street vendor, and it was not like like normal negotiating. It was like pretty aggressive.
Speaker 1: Like negotiating the price, yeah, for.
Speaker 3: Like five bucks, and it was like pretty like it was a pretty big flip from like the nice, joky guy that I had just spent time with earlier, and now all of a sudden, he was like super serious and aggressive and he was like five dollars for a little cup, like you can do better than that. She's overpaint, like it was. He's like he got into his face, and I mean I didn't really care about the five bucks. It was just fine. I mean it's not that much. Plus I had already paid the guy, so I don't understand why he was still negotiating with him, and like it just upped me the wrong way, and like it kind of just like I don't know, like I walked away from it thinking that is this like how our future is going to be. Like he's going to be haggling people over like ten cents for like every single little thing, you know, arguing with the waiter or like anything like that, and it's just it got really really awkward, and I I did not want to continue seeing him after that.
Speaker 1: I see, Darius, are you catching this?
Speaker 2: I'm catching it? And I honestly, I thought I was helping her out, like I grew up haggling at markets, you know, with with with with my family, and I thought I was savored us some money.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't think it was a big deal like that, like it was just like a quick negotiation.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It wasn't quick. It was embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna try. We've got some clarity here, Darius, if you if you backed off on that a little bit, just knowing that that it bothers the lady Leanne, could we get a second date, maybe another try, a second shot?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, okay, is that a hard no? Never mind?
Speaker 3: Never mind? Yeah, that's that's a hard no. No, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Hang on, not even sure why I asked it. I'm gonna quit while I'm ahead. The second date update