Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles. The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth fifth.
Speaker 1: This is World Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: Here we go again. We're gay running back to.
Speaker 1: Get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven, and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you get your podcasts. Here's your host, David Vase.
Speaker 2: Lasting welcome the Dodger Talk. David Vase with you until nine o'clock tonight on AM five to seventy LA Sports. After the Dodgers fall to the White Sox tonight eight to two in the opener of this three game weekend series on the south side of Chicago, rat Field is where the White Sox play now, and they had a sellout crowd of thirty seven thousand, eight hundred and eighty two cheering them on to beat the back to back world champs eight to two, the final score. If you're leaving LA Stadium as they were calling it on the broadcast, watching USA, if you were lucky enough to beat the be there watching Team USA win their first match of the World Cup and you want some Dodger baseball in your life, or you just want to share with us the electricity at LA Stadium. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number we could talk Dodger baseball. We could get the vibe of what took place at the LA Coliseum, the watch party, or if you were there at Sofi Stadium aka LA Stadium, I love to hear from you as well. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. Coming up at eight forty, we'll share our full conversation with you with former White Sox Aj Perzinski, who's on Foul Territory now and you see him on Fox Sports. He was part of the last World Championship team for the White Sox in two thousand and five. We'll share that conversation with you. Also will give you an update on Tommy Edmond and why Dave Roberts will be missing the final game of this series in Chicago. But tonight it wasn't It wasn't pretty what took place at Sofi Stadium the beautiful game. It was beautiful for Team USA. It was not pretty for the Dodgers in Chicago tonight as their offense only generated four hits, and Miguel Rojas had two of those four hits. It was another disastrous crooked inning for the Dodger pitching staff in the fifth, including Roki Sasaki, who walked in a batter and then gave way to Blake Trinen, who inherited four runners and allowed all four to score. So a two to one Dodger lead all of a sudden turned into a major major hole for the Dodgers to climb out of eight to two after five innings tonight, and that was the final score. A local kid by the name of Chase Mydrath out of Miracosta High School was three for three tonight with two RBIs. He was on base four times, and former Dodger Miguel Vargas had an RBI double in that seven run fifth inning. Vargas three for four with that RBI double. He thought it was a home run and made the play at second base a lot closer than what it should have been. But a little concerning that. Dave Roberts can't find a relief picture in the middle part of games. To you hold things where they are, and part of being a relief picture is coming in inheriting runners and stranding those inherited runners. Blake tried, in let's face it, a lot of miles on that arm. I'm not sure how much swing and miss you can really forecast night tonight when you have a guy in his twilight of his career, not saying he's done, but the reality is he's kind of in that Daniel Hutton since stage of his career, and you know certain nights are not going to be pretty. But you wouldn't expect that many runs to score off of Blake trining. And look, I'm all in on Roki Sasaki. I'm wishing for the best, but like I warned after each of his last four or five starts, especially the last two, this is still a work in progress. There were a lot of declarations out there by a lot of media people that, oh, anytime you see Roki, it could be a perfect game, it could be a no hitter. I don't think we're there yet, and I thought tonight was a perfect example of that. Should should Freddy Freeman have fielded that ground ball for a double play in that fifth inning? Yes, he should have, But does that mean that you just fold the tents because a play wasn't made behind you. How about the three other plays that were made behind Roki Sasaki tonight in the first few innings. Rojas off his knees falling down, made a great play, Alex Call had a diving catch and left field, and Freddie Freeman himself made a great play earlier in the game. So I don't really want to hear about the crowd a playoff like atmosphere. I don't want to hear about Freddie Freeman not making a play. Make pitches when there's some adversity, and that's the most adversity Roki Sasaki has faced in an inning in quite some time, and he did not pass the test tonight, as the White Sox chased him out of this game. He was only able to get one out in that fifth inning, and of course Blake Trening was not great. But I don't I'm not pointing the finger at one ground ball that should have been a double play that caused a seven run fifth inning. You could say, okay, a couple of runs scored and Freddy should have made that play. There should have been a double play. But you're trying to tell me seven runs are going to score because Freddie Freeman didn't field a ground ball cleanly. Come on, that doesn't add up. That's just excuse making for Roki Sasaki. That's all it is. And you didn't hear Dave Roberts make up any excuses for Roki. He just didn't pitch well tonight. And like I said, this is development at the major league level. The last seven starts, he's been taking big strides towards being a major league starter? Is he a number one? Am I going to declare, like Dylan Hernandez, at anytime Roki Sasaki takes the mountain now you might see a no hitter. Absolutely not. That was such a huge tabloid type story over statement by Dylan Hernandez and anybody else that was thinking the same thing. It's still a work in progress, and you hope by the end of the year that he can help you coming out of the bullpen, because I don't see Roki Sasaki being one of the playoffs starters. Eight six, six, nine, two five seventy is the phone number. So the Dodger offense only generated four hits. They did not have show Heo Tani in the starting lineup, as I advised last night, So cooler heads prevailed Show Heyotani, though may play tomorrow. Dave Roberts spoke about that after the games.
Speaker 3: Got treated.
Speaker 4: So talking to the training staff just right now, I'm optimistic, but I want to, you know, get him through tonight, get him here, go through some semblance of a workout, getting his body ready, and then we'll go from there.
Speaker 3: Optimistic for tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all right, there's Dave Roberts on sports net LA. Look, he's optimistic, but the reality is there's no need to force the issue with show Heyotani, even tomorrow. Tomorrow. It's a day game after a night game. You heard Rick Monday, Tim Neverritt, Steven Nelson, Eric Carrosol talk about out the fact that the team got to their hotels at four am this time or four am this morning Central time. We all know Otani is big on sleep. Probably not a lot of sleep. Maybe he got to sleep in a little bit longer because he wasn't in the starting lineup. But the reality is, you don't need to push this guy. Dave Roberts clarified his comments before the game. It's not anything to do with his hamstring. It is all knee inflammation of his left knee, which he had surgery on back in twenty nineteen. You don't need to force anything. There's nothing to prove in Chicago. Yes, the sellout crowd of thirty seven, eight hundred and eighty two acted like it was the nineteen fifty nine World Series. It's not. It's not. It's for them, it is. They're very excited, and they should be because they have waded through some horrible years, three one hundred loss seasons and really haven't had anything to cheer about in a decade in Chicago for the White Sox. So I love this team. I love what I saw from the White Sox. They're a great Cinderella story and I understand why the fans were treating this like it was the biggest game of the year for them, considering it's the back to back champs and they're David and Goliath in this spot for sure in this series. So congrats to the White Sox for winning a game in the middle of June and giving their fans even more to cheer about. But this is not a make or break series for the Dodgers, which makes me want to lean on the fact don't even have Otani play in the last two games of this series. Just hold them out for the first game back at home against Tampa Bay. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. The White Sox are a really good team. Six games of above five hundred overall, they've won thirty seven games already. They only won thirty seven games in twenty twenty four, and at home they're even better. They've won nineteen of their last twenty two at home, including their eighth in a row tonight over the Dodgers. They have the second best home record of any team in baseball this side of Saint Petersburg, Florida. That's right, the Rays have the best home record at Tropicana Field. Them and their three thousand fans get to see that every night. Sorry, I know, low hanging fruit right there. Eight six six ninety eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. We have three lines open if you're coming back from the soccer game. Would love to hear from you. If you were one of the few Dodger fans at raid Field tonight, I would love to hear from you as well. Because our feeling was that it was a all White Sox crowd. There were not a lot of Dodger fans out there. You did not hear any Dodger chance. It was all about the White Sox tonight, and that's what you expect to see on the road. But it was a fun atmosphere out there in Chicago, and it saw Miguel Vargas, the former Dodger, have three hits and an RBI double in that seven run fifth inning. This is a win win for Miguel Vargas, the White Sox and the Dodgers. If you remember, in that trade deadline deal, that three way trade, the Dodgers traded Vargas to the White Sox the Cardinals big piece in that trade was starter by the name of Eric Fetti, and the Dodgers got two key pieces on their way to their twenty four championship in Michael Kopek and NLCSMVP Tommy Edman. And we'll get you an update on edmund a little bit later. The Cardinals got the worst end of that three way deals and the Dodgers it was a win win for both of them. There was no place for Vargus to play months He had third base, Freddie Freeman had first base. He did not look good in the outfield. He did not look good at second base, and all the while trying to hit at the big league level and looking over his shoulder and if he didn't perform, he was sitting. So this in the last few years has given Miguel Vargas an opportunity to grow with the White Sox, and here he is a guy that is going to make the All Star team, whether as a starter or as a bench player, as a reserve. Miguel Vargas couldn't be happier for him. It's been. It's worked out great for both teams. And you don't usually see trades like that. Let's go out to Downey Juan, home of Downy Hyundai. Hi Wan, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 5: And I did see either a couple of weeks ago when Beshall was here.
Speaker 2: Hey, we're gonna see this Saturday. Do you know a week from tomorrow I'm gonna be out there with Dave Roberts aid Downy Hunday, I.
Speaker 5: Will be there. All right, great question here day. Could you know how we're out there trying to, you know, look for a starting picture of school, because what if we go after some middle relief. Our middle relief has been struggling right now, I can't count We can't count any of these guys. I don't know if they're tired or what if anyone of them are tired, because but what did we go after some middle relief? We need middle relief?
Speaker 2: Well, I just like, yeah, I'm all in on that one. I'm all in on middle relief, but not at the price that it cost the Phillies to get Joe on Duran. But I will say this, the cavalry is on the way. Evan Phillips is on his rehab assignment with Oklahoma City. Brock Stewart started his first or made his first rehab appearance tonight coming off that left foot injury. So you're gonna get back to key pieces to your bullpen, which is gonna you know, I'm gonna fill in where there's some holes right now in the bullpen.
Speaker 5: Perfect. That sounds good to me. It's just I know that we're all everyone in all school. But you know what, we just really were hurting with that mittle relieve because he could not be able to hold anyone on any batters. Any runners can sustain work. They're just hitting us.
Speaker 2: Well. One here's a sobering reminder as far as Otani being a starter in the playoffs. Number one, he only had one good start in the postseason last year. Number two, he's doing something where he's pushing his body to the red line every single night, and there's no guarantees Otani is going to be in any shape to start the postseason. Maybe just DH so uh. The Dodgers have the wherewithal to be able to make a trade for Trek Scouble and bring in another reliever. But getting Evan Phillips back and brock Stewart is a is a big boost because instead of Blake Trining in that situation, you probably have Brock Stewart or Evan Phillips in that fifth inning.
Speaker 5: God sounds good to me. Well, day, I gotta let you go off. See you in a couple of weeks at Downy Hondai Way.
Speaker 2: Dave Roberts, all right, not a couple of weeks. A week from tomorrow, me and Dave Roberts are going to be out at Downy Hunday from eleven thirty to twelve thirty. It's a meet and greet with the Dodgers three time World Series winning manager. Come out show, Dave Your Love eleven thirty to twelve thirty seventy five fifty Firestone Boulevard. We're gonna interview Dave and have a great time in front of the people. We got prizes and a lot more to hang out and do at Downy Hunday next Saturday from eleven thirty to twelve thirty seventy five point fifty Firestone Boulevard. When we continue on Dodger Talk, speaking of Dave Roberts during our managers meeting on Monday, presented by Downey Hunday, Dave filled us in that he will not be in Chicago on Sunday. We'll let you know why. Also coming up, you'll hear from aj Prazinski and we'll get you an update on Tommy Edmund on the other side. After the Dodgers fall to the White Sox eight to two on AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy, online at amfive seventy LA sports dot com, and available by podcast on the iHeartRadio ASP.
Speaker 2: This is Dodger Talk with David vas Send Dodgers fall to the White Sox tonight eight to two in Chicago. Welcome back to Dodger Talk. David Vassay with you until nine o'clock tonight here on AM five to seventy LA Sports. With the loss, the Dodgers are forty four and twenty six. They're eight games ahead of the Padres in the nl AST and the White Sox a half game ahead of the Cleveland Guardians thirty seven and thirty one. After their eighth straight home game tonight beating the Dodgers eight to two, Daniels Jewelers presents the home Run Forecast. For your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jeweler's gift card, Visit AM five seventy lasports dot com. Use the keyword home run and to your name you could win. Daniels Jewelers own the dream all right. Every week we have a chance to catch up with the manager, Dave Roberts, and on this week's managers meeting, he shared with us that family is coming first this weekend because his only daughter is graduating from Stanford on Sunday, So how is he going to be there when the Dodgers are in Chicago in the middle of a three game series against the White Sox. Well, he explained after tomorrow night's game he is leaving Chicago to be able to make it to the Stanford graduation to support his daughter Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 4: And I'll get the first two in Chicago and then I'll fly back to my daughter's graduation on Saturday night, which is on Sunday, and she's graduating from Stanford. So I'm really proud. And it is weird though, because you never want to miss a game, but I think that's this is a good reason.
Speaker 2: Hey, the Rangers manager Skip Schumacher left the team for a day to be at his son's high school graduation. What's the balance for you, because obviously you have a lot of responsibility, but also your family comes first, you know.
Speaker 4: I think the one thing for me is that the world has evolved, and many can argue not in a good way. In some ways good, some ways bad. But I do think in a lot of ways from the workplace sense of things, it's more open to kind of people spending time with their families and knowing that those moments are important. They're fleeting and so you know, the job is going to get done with it without you. And so for me, I encourage my coaches to enjoy, you know, graduations, things like that. One of our coaches had leave for a surgery for their daughter, and I certainly welcome that because there's nothing more important than family. And it also I think when you get to do moments with your family and other things that are really important, I think you do your job better and then you feel better about the people you work with and.
Speaker 2: For You've done this before with your son, Cole. I'm curious when you're at your daughter's graduation, will you be looking at your phone a lot? How are you able to be present in the moment.
Speaker 4: That's a great question. So I don't know what I did for Cole's graduation, but Emmy, it is going to be a day game, and I think they are going to overlap, so I think I might just try to put my phone down be completely present, all right.
Speaker 2: Dave Roberts is going to be missing Sunday's game. He'll rejoin the Dodgers on Monday. And that was Dave's exclusive interview with US on Monday, where he revealed that he won't be at Sunday's game, leaving after Tomorrow night's game. Hopefully happy flight for Dave Roberts back to Northern California to be there for his only daughter's graduation. At Stanford. Wow, that's pretty fancy Stanford all right. Anyway, congratulations Todave, Congratulations to his family, and Danny Lehman will take over the managing duties and we'll have a lot of great support with Dina Eebele, Mark Pryor and Bob Garn around him. So the Dodgers are in good hands.
Speaker 5: Hey.
Speaker 2: Dave Roberts, speaking of him before the game today, gave everybody an update on when we may see Tommy Edmund finally make his season debut, and it may be as soon as Tuesday, because Dave said Tommy Edman will rejoin the Dodgers in LA on Tuesday after completing his rehab assignment. So far, Tommy Edmond has played twelve games, including tonight, and he has forty two at bats. So, just like any other spring training a hitter wants to get somewhere between fifty at bats. Edmund is going to get that. He'll return to the Dodgers and we'll see where he plugs in. He's not gonna play every day right away, so we'll see whether or not it's Alex Freeland, whether or not it's Ryan Ward, whether or not it's Santiago Espinal to make room for Tommy Edmond, who was one for two tonight with two walks, and played all nine innings tonight at Oklahoma City in center field. By the way, Edmund's only hitting two thirty eight and forty two at bats, but that's not the point of all this. It's about him testing the ankle, feeling good, bouncing back the next day and being ready for the season because he's a big part of it and that'll be a big boost to the Dodger offense and to the of the lineup. So great to know that tom Yedman is on his way back. All right. We were joined before the game today by former White Sox, former Brave, former Giant, former Minnesota win now the host on Foul Territory and also on Fox Sports. He's part of the broadcast crew with Adam wayIn. Wright had a chance to really get to know him in Milwaukee a couple of weeks ago, and aj Prazinski joined us, and it was great to have him on the show.
Speaker 3: No prob happy to be on you know, since I saw you in Milwaukee. I hope you've gotten better because you really stuck to doing pull tabs.
Speaker 2: I know, right, who knows Aj Prasinski and I could bond in Milwaukee just being able to try to get some poll tabs, which are essentially traps of baseball cards and lottery tickets combined into one, right, Aj, Exactly, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think you have to be from the Midwest, even though what a pull tab is and I think I think that might be the only place where we have them. But yeah, so basically like an instant scratch off lottery ticket that you pay like a dollar for and you win nothing out of by like fifty of them, you win like zero dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. Instead of looking at your phone, you're pulling these tabs and you're coming up with nothing.
Speaker 3: Exactly. But they're fun. They're fun. They are fun.
Speaker 2: I'll say that they were fun and you got you got to see the Dodgers in Milwaukee and obviously keep tabs on them. Are the Braves the only team that could possibly stop the Dodgers at this point in October?
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so. I think the most of the Dodgers are still the best team going. But I think the Phillies now with their starting pitcher, I mean Christopher Sanchez, Dak Wheeler, Aaron Nola, pass Wizardo and the back end of Duran and the rest of that back end Brad Keller are healthy in their lineup because they can hit homers and they have guys that have been there. I think the Phillies are a threat. I think the Brewers are a threat. I think if the Brewers can go out and find one more pitcher. Listen, you have Mizz and Kyle Harrison going. That's pretty good one two punch the back end of their bullpen with your Revey and McGill and some of their other guys. They mix the matches great. But if they go out and find a hitter, a legitimate hitter and this is not a knock on Bryce rang, Christian Yelich and some of the other guys that they have, William Contrere's. But if they could go out and find a hitter. When I say a hitter, I mean a guy that is a force, like I don't know who that could be, but if they could find a guy that is an absolute force where the Dodgers or any other team goes man, we got a really game plan for this guy because he could at any point can hit a homer against us and change his game. I think they could be dangerous just because Pat Murphy knows how to handle his team. He knows how to mix a match with the best of them. So there are other teams in the America and the National League that could derail the Dodgers. And let's not forget the Dodgers for the last few years have been considered the greatest team in history and there about four inches away from losing the World Series last year. So it is possible. Is it likely? I don't think so, but it is possible.
Speaker 2: Hey, when you were calling that game in Milwaukee between the Dodgers and Brewers, there is a report by Ken Rosenthal that kind of went under the radar during that broadcast that the Brewers might actually kick the tires on bringing in Schooble the way they brought in C. C. Sabbathia. Do you buy in that they would actually consider that?
Speaker 3: I would if I was them, because then you go school wolm Asarowski and Harrison, So absolutely I would consider that. But I don't know. I actually was surprised when Ken did that. I told Ken this after the game that after he did the report, I thought he was gonna say, Dodgers, We're going to get Terry School and then the whole baseball world would go crazy. But when he dropped the Brewers, I was like, wait, Brewers, wait second, what are we talking about here? But they did do that the year they brought in CC. We saw how well it went for him. Would they do that again? I don't know if Matt Arnold and the Brewer's front office would be willing to do that and meet the prospect costs, but I think it would be great for the game if the team, like the Brewers went out and made a crazy move like that. Now, for me, I'd rather see it be a pitch I hit her, But hey, Terry School will look good at any uniform.
Speaker 2: AJ. You had a lot of stops in your career. One of them was in Atlanta while Freddie Freeman was playing there. What was your experience as a teammate with Freddie Freeman And did you ever believe that he would be going strong and get age thirty six? Did you see that when you were playing in Atlanta?
Speaker 3: Freddy Freeman was a monster back then and a great I mean you guys, Dodger fans have gotten to know what a great person Freddy is. Yes, there was never a doubt Freddy was always special. I mean, every every coach I talked to that knew Freddy. I knew the hitting coach for the Braves before I got there. He told me all about it. He's like, this guy's a monster. This is like two thousand, a couple of years before I even went and played there. He's like, you got to see this guy and what he can do with the bat. And then when I got to play with him and seeing on a first hand basis, it only it only made it more. It just amplified it even more to a point where I'm like, man, this guy really is special. He had to play with him for two years, seeing him on a daily basis, the way he goes about his work, it has not surprised me at all that he's got a chance to get three thousand hits. And you know, the one thing about Freddy that was so funny is that when I when I played with Freddy, all he cared about was he just said, I like, Freddie, man, you're going to go to the Hall of Fame probably one day with it you as good as you are, And he would laugh, he goes, you know, what all I want is one ring He's like, you have a ring. I don't have a ring. I haven't come closed at the time in Atlanta to getting a ring because we weren't very good. And now I look at Freddy and I'm like, Freddy, you got like ten rings, dude. It feels like I feel like you're winning a ring every year. So one thing about Freddy is Freddie wanted to win at all times and he's kind of proven out the way. He'll play through paying, he'll play injured, and he just shows up every day wanting to make his team better. And that is a big thing for Freddy Freeman.
Speaker 2: Aj Prasinski, you were behind the scenes with Freddy. Is it true that he takes minimal amount of swings in the cage to get ready for a game and how abnormal is that, especially in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Well, I think I took less of him. I was pay Wow, one of the few guys that actually did take lesson Freddy. But one thing Freddy figured out was it's not how hard you listen when you take minimal swings. They have to be really good swings. But Freddy developed a routine and he would take minimal swings and he'd find the one thing he was looking for. Now, I see Freddy take a lot of swings when he's struggling, but there are times where you know what, if you're feeling it, just take a few swings and go on. And Nick mark Akas was there at the time, and one thing Freddy learned from Nick was Nick was the first guy and never saw take VP on the field. He took it. He took it in the cage a lot, right, and I was like, man, what does this guy doing? But all Nick Markakos to do is go out there and get hit after hit after hit, and I'm like, man, there's something to this. Freddy picked up on it. So Freddy kind of became another guy that didn't want to take a lot of VP on the field. And hey, for some people that work, some people like me, I wanted to feel it. I wanted to see it on the field. So I was a little bit different. But Freddy knew no, especially now that he's a veteran guy. He knows what it takes for him to be ready to play, and he shows up every day and he wants to play. He's ready to play. So you can never question Freddy Freeman's work ethic or hey, he takes not as many swings. Who care? As long as he shows up at seven oh five, takes zero swings, take a million swings. Just be ready to go. That clock strikes no.
Speaker 2: Doubt, and he always is. Aj Prasinski is our guest. All right, you have a strong connection to the White Sox. The Dodgers will be in Chicago to start a three game series against the Chai Socks on Friday night. What can you tell us about the change in Miguel Vargas. Everybody knows about Miguel Vargas being one of those hyped up prospects, and the trade that the Dodgers made with the Cardinals and White Sox seem to have paid off for the Dodgers in White Sox more than the Cardinals, so it wasn't even trade. But how has Miguel Vargas come into his own Did you see this coming?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think the biggest thing that happened to Miguel Vargus is he went to a place in Chicago where he gets to play every day. Right, you got to find a place where you get to play and you get to develop in la that wasn't going to happen because they were trying to win World Series. They're trying to do all these special things, which obviously they're doing. But you got to trade into Chicago. Listen, say what you want about La. There's a little more pressure on your in LA when you're trying to win than there is in Chicago when you're losing one hundred and twenty games. Well, what it allowed for Miguel Vargas to do is he made some adjustments in the swing. He didn't have to go up there saying, man, I want to, I want to. I got to get a hit because I want to play tomorrow, right So if I don't get a hit, that I'm not going to play and then I'm gonna get platoons and I'm gonna have to do this. I'm gonna have to do that. They're like, hey, just go out and play every day. It makes some adjustments and learn from it, and that's been a good thing. Some players need that, and then they find themselves after a couple of years. Not everyone is ready the day they get to the big leagues. You have to make that adjustment. But go Martins to turn him into a heck of a player, and he's got a chance to do something that hasn't happened in like ninety years, and that to be a starting third baseman from the Chicago White Sox in an All Star Game. And if you'd have told Dodgers fans out a couple of years ago, they said no chance, even maybe White Sox fans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, AJ. And could you imagine Max Munsey's starting at third base for the National League and Vargas starting for the American League in the All Star Game. That would be pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, I love Max, so I hope Max gets everything he can get. He's one of my he's one of our favorite guests on Foul Territory. He's awesome. I love Max to death and I wanted to of course, I want him to start.
Speaker 2: Of course you do. He's a connection to Foul Territory. AJ. I could talk to you all day. We could spend two hours again like we did together in Milwaukee, but I know you got a busy day. And it's awesome to share you with La Dodger fans and certainly great to get to know you over the years, but especially bonding in Milwaukee.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, of course. And Listen for Dodgers fans that think they're going to go into Chicago and just have an easy three games. I'm telling you right now, this White Sox team, and they're fun to watch. Man. They got some offensive power. They're a little bit better. If you guys see Davis Martin and Sean Burke and some of their other young starters. They got some arms. So you know it's not gonna be a cakewalk like it used to be for the Dodgers. Just just know that going into.
Speaker 2: It, all right, fair warning, fair warning, And I'm sure the young White Sox want to prove something to the Dodgers that they can be on the same field.
Speaker 3: Of course, listen, every team when you're a two time defending world champion. I remember when I used to play the Yankees, right, the Yankees had Jeter and that whole team, Bernie and a Rod and they were coming off all their World Series and I was on the Young Twins team and you played the Yankees it was the World Series. You're I could compete with these guys. Right when you face the Pedro Martinez back in the day, You're, yeah, I want to prove to everybody that I can hit this guy, well Yankees. Yankees used to get everyone's best shot. And guess what now the Dodgers do, no doubt.
Speaker 2: AJ Prazinski World Series Champion, All Star, nineteen year Major leaguer. And you could see that backwards hat and that beautiful beard ten to noon Monday through Friday on Foul Territory. Thanks Aj, thank you appreciate it. Hey, AJ Prisinski, try to warn us. The White Sox wear for real. And they certainly came out big tonight to beat the Dodgers eight to two and win their thirty seventh game of the season. Just to put it into context, how high the White Sox are now six games above five hundred with their thirty seventh win in June. They didn't win their thirty seventh game of the season in twenty twenty four until September twenty fourth, and that's all they had thirty seven wins and one hundred and twenty losses. They lost one hundred games again last year, and here they are six games above five hundred at the top of the Al cent So the Dodgers had their hands full with the White Sox in the last two games of this series. As they saw tonight, I would not expect anything less than a sellout crowd Tomorrow night with Yamamoto on the mound for the Dodgers going up against Sean Burke. Yama Moto is six and four with an ERA of two sixty eight. Sean Burke is three and three with an ERA of three eighty eight. Our coverage begins tomorrow at noon, first pitch at one ten with Rick Monday and Tim Neverett from Chicago. That's What's on deck, brought to you by timber Tech Decking and railing everything would should be. Visit TimberTech dot com. That'll do it for us tonight on Dodger Talk. Thanks to Colin me back at our Burbank Studios. Thanks to Dwayne McDonald at rat Field in Chicago, and thanks to you for listening. In case you missed any of the show. Do you know where to find it the iHeartRadio app, and don't forget iHeartMedia is your home for the world cop Team USA. Congratulations on winning your first game. If you're pouring out of Inglewood and you're still finding your way home, hope you enjoyed the ride. You could podcast all the interviews, all the shows until you get home. On that iHeartRadio app once again the final score tonight, the Dodgers fall to the White Sox eight to two. Have a great rest of your night see them season down. Just done.
Speaker 3: It just