Speaker 1: All right, it's Mojo in the Morning show. A lot of times you like to pregame before you go to things. This is an interesting pregame though, Anna.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So my friends and I back in the day, when we were younger, we would find a reason to pregame any event. We're going to the movies, We're pregaming it. We're going for a walk, let's pregame the walk. Like it was always something and we were drinking a lot. Yesterday, one of my friends that I used to pregame with was over at my apartment and they were like, I gotta go. Like they had a viewing or like a funeral or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Their aunt died and they're like, do you have anything to drink? I'm like, what are you talking about. They're like, I want to pregame the funeral. I'm like, you're pregaming a funeral all things. And he or she's like, yeah, my, my whole family, like we're gonna go get drinks before it. Like it wasn't just them, her mom, her dad, like they were all going to the bar prior to the viewing to get turned before the funeral.
Speaker 3: That's that's an Irish wake.
Speaker 1: Right, jam Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Thought it was the craziest thing. I was like, we pregamed a lot of things in our lives, but a funeral.
Speaker 1: Do you know that my mom's funeral, my dad hired a bartender.
Speaker 3: Why you guys, if you're still alive when I die, please please please get me a good bartender. Oh yeah, well, I guess it would be for you, it wouldn't be for me.
Speaker 1: That was part of the thing that my mom. My mom knew she was going to die, and my mom told my dad she like, I want an Irish wake, And so my mom had two nights of wakes. My dad had two nights of the bartender set up like one of those you know how they have, like the party supply places come with a bar that shows up. Yeah, because they didn't. They didn't want to set it up on a casket or anything like that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think this was a little different though, because your mom wanted that.
Speaker 1: Right right, Well, this one is random, person. I think you got a pre game before almost anything, because sometimes you need to go with a little bit of a buzz to things like start pregaming our show. Well does sometimes I'll tell you it in a while, But I'm always down for a shotski. I'm going to pregame Colleen's Big Things that Happened Life Quarter today.
Speaker 3: Anna, you weren't a part of the show when this happened, But my grandma used to be a fixture on the show and she passed away. Got it's been overly ten to fifteen years now, and at her funeral, members of this morning show were tailgating at the funeral home.
Speaker 1: Which I loved. She would have loved it. It was the best of failgating. Like I'll never forget, was that Alan Parker. Where was the funeral home? So it was Fletch and myself and Spike and like all a big group of us and everybody showed up for work dressed in the regular clothes, and so going to the funeral, we went right from the radio station. We changed in the parking.
Speaker 3: Lot of the Weis's funeral home.
Speaker 1: In the fun the funniest was the back tailgate of my truck. My SUV was open and we're all kind of staying there and there's family members like pulling in and looking at us in the back of the barking lot, and it looked like something like Shannon said a tailgate at a Lions game where it's like, the only thing we didn't have was a grill there barbecuing at the time.
Speaker 2: That sounds fun.
Speaker 4: I want to borrow at my funeral now. I've never thought about it, but that's the way I want to go out celebrate me past the bottle.
Speaker 1: What's up, Carrie, how you doing?
Speaker 5: I'm good. So many many years ago, a good friend that was very popular at our school and everyone was friends with this gentleman. He had died in an accident and he was thirty two years old. It was the biggest blizzard. I can't remember the exact year, massive blizzard. We had like feet of snow we were getting and their family runted a giant U haul and had it in the back of the funeral home. And at the viewing people were going back there and they had take the beer and pizzas.
Speaker 1: And oh my god, they.
Speaker 2: Put a disco ball in there.
Speaker 1: What about jumping castles? Can you have those? I just googled by the way a party wedding, somebody has a jumping castle at at one of the weddings that showed up one.
Speaker 3: Now they have these beautiful just all white ones with like white ball pits and stuff.
Speaker 4: Honestly, your son Joe Carbolo having one of those at the wedding.
Speaker 1: At the wedding, absolutely at the reception. Really yeah, I you know what that would be. That would be an interesting one all of a sudden, the bounce house and going there. How about how about it at a funeral though? Could you imagine that? Have you guys ever had to be a pall bearer at a Idea?
Speaker 4: Yeah, my uncle the people who carry out the castles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just did that last year. So we had to do that for my uncle Art And uh, I gotta be honest with you, I wasn't very good at holding onto that. It was tilting a little bit. Well, they gave us these white gloves to wear like we had to wear these gloves. Yeah, it was slippering, you know, slipping right.
Speaker 6: Out of you.
Speaker 3: I would never want that responsibility.
Speaker 1: Do you imagine dropped it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure that's happened before.
Speaker 4: That's why you got to be in the middle, you know what I mean? Because then the people on the age is they got to hold the most weight. You can kind of ease up a little bit.
Speaker 1: Erica played past the bottle at her dad's funeral, Is that right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we had a bottle of whiskey that we.
Speaker 7: Just kept in the back room, you know where like the family goes, and we would just go back there and make a swig every once in a while.
Speaker 2: Was Dad a drinker? No, not at all, but you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that day we were. Yeah, you know what, it gives you comfort. I always say that the best thing of going to, like especially a close family friend's funeral or somebody, is afterwards. The after thing going to there's two different kinds that happen. The more traditional one is they passed like plates of mostacholi around the people. The other one is they passed big bottles bourbon, you know, and you kind of like do some drinking and stuff like that. So well, thank you, yeah, yeah, yeah, go ahead after.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, after a lot of my aunts and uncle's funerals, we would go to the bar after as well and drink to them post gaming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, Thanks for the call. What's up, Anika, Hey, guys, morning morning, good morning.
Speaker 8: So my grandma passed away a few years back, and we had her memorial service a few months later because it had to be in a different state. In Indiana and we all stayed at like this little hotel and her we had her memorial at the cemetery and then her memorial service had an open bar in the basement of the hotel. Wow, like a open open bar. Oh yeah, my favorite my dad's side of the family. Yep, that's how they work.
Speaker 1: And how was it?
Speaker 7: Was?
Speaker 2: It the best funeral ever?
Speaker 6: It was so fun.
Speaker 8: We were all dancing and drinking and it was it was great.
Speaker 1: You know how they do funeral procession from like the church to the cemetery and stuff, and you can drive through sometimes uh, red lights and things like that. What if you got a dui? Oh what if you drank so much at the funeral that you started faring off course?
Speaker 3: And that's ever happened to somebody?
Speaker 1: Please call us? Oh my god, that would be the call. What's up, Jamie? How you doing?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 1: Are you good? Not only did you guys have a bar? What did you have at the funeral? We had a DJ?
Speaker 2: I would like DJ four fingers.
Speaker 1: I got you d four fingers.
Speaker 7: My grandma was a member of this private club out in Whitmore Lake and her funeral was actually the biggest party they've had their almost to date since she died ten years ago.
Speaker 1: Oh that's incredible and what an honor though for her right to be able.
Speaker 7: To be like the biggest oh the biggest bar Tenka.
Speaker 1: I always love that. It's like that. That was kind of one of the memories that I had as a kid with my mom was how many people came to the funeral and the wake and then how many people actually partied and had fun because that was like the memory now that you always have of your loved one. Right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there are so many people in the bar, like just to get a drink, it was like three or four people ahead of you in line every spot of the bar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's cool. This is a great one. You had the DJ Sarah, what did your cousin have at the funeral?
Speaker 2: Hey, he was a huge Elbus fan, so they had an elbous impersonator.
Speaker 3: After I know, my dad's listening right now and I'm about to get a text to me.
Speaker 1: One he's gonna want it.
Speaker 7: Ye.
Speaker 6: That is a photos and everything they said it was a celebration of life.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: Love that cool. Hold on, Robin, what did you guys have at the funeral?
Speaker 6: I went to a neighbor's funeral. But they had an open BARJ and photo boosts, three different.
Speaker 1: Photo both wait one of those photo booths where like you put on like the hats and things like that and signs and everything.
Speaker 6: They had money uh money balls and just you know, like they have three rooms for photo booths. It was wonderful. That's what I want. I want to bar DJ, except I have to have cake and ice cream too.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Put that. You got to have like a will of a living will that you have out.
Speaker 6: A living will party, not tires, just lots of fun and that's the way you should go out.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Celebrate it right. Thank you for the call. Take care