Speaker 1: It is Scott Flum Show on seven hundred WLW. Here it comes, Baby, Here it comes. We are about to get snowmaged and the white death that's descending on the tri State. Everyone's in crisis right now. Everyone is losing their every loving minds. We've got people coming into the newsroom. We've got people with sleeping bags and cots. They're bringing emergency food rations, they've got medicine. We've got helicopters on the roof. We are ready for a crisis of epic proportions this weekend as a white death descends on Cincinnati, Ohio, USA. Let me jump right over to Jennifer Ketchmark over at WCPO nine first Warding Weather Center. She's in the weather bunker. It's not the center, it's the bunker right now where I'm looking at the radar and under the first I in Cincinnati, you're getting forty five feet of snow. Under the last T in Cincinnati, you're getting seventy five feet of snow.
Speaker 2: Jennifer, good morning. How are you good?
Speaker 3: You know, just talking about snow a lot.
Speaker 2: How much snow are you talking about here?
Speaker 4: I think six or sorry, eight to ten is probably a good range for most locations. We could in our northern spot see a couple of folks even sitting up to a foot.
Speaker 1: Because I was watching ABC and they were saying, we're getting like four or five seven eight feet?
Speaker 3: Yeah, four five seven eight feet, that's not right. And loaves of bread too, six.
Speaker 2: Seven You have young kids, I don't have to tell you about suffer.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, all right, so we've got And by the way, I will point out that I don't know if you heard this, but here's Governor Andy basheer uh in his press conference earlier today.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this is hare. Listen, I need you to get prepared.
Speaker 1: Now. Run. He's telling people to run in Kentucky. I don't know if that's no, no, just run run. It's going to be bad in Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Run, governor.
Speaker 1: And Basher has declared, I don't know if that is an official state of emergency, but I've never heard him all the things he's talked about when it comes to the emergency governor. You live, you're a Kentucky the emergency governor, of course. Uh, he's telling people to run. What do you suggest?
Speaker 3: What what an appropriate clip there?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: My suggestion is today you should make your way to the grocery stores and get the supplies you need.
Speaker 3: Not for armageddon.
Speaker 4: You only need enough food to get you through the weekend, maybe Monday of next week. If it's your typical grocery load. You know, like if you're running out, you do not need to clear the shelves. Also, double check your car today. Make sure you've got windshell wiper solution in the reserve. Make sure your tires are properly inflated. If you have to drive, especially on Sunday, make sure you've got that emergency kit in your car. Things like, you know, some blankets, you have some foods and water on standby.
Speaker 3: Not booze, you just need the water.
Speaker 4: And just know that if you don't have to go on the roads this weekend, cancel your plans and stay home.
Speaker 1: I think I'm making Margarita's this weekend. Margarita's sound good, It sound good, right, I'm gonna throw some sand on the living room floor and brik margaritas pretending. Let's do it, Pretend buffets coming to town or something like that.
Speaker 2: I don't know. All right, so it's gonna start tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Today's pretty dry, but I walked out this morning was pretty cold, and I know it's gonna get cold.
Speaker 4: Right, oh wait till tonight We're gonna drop down to four degrees Well, it'll feel like fifteen below tomorrow morning. We actually have a cold weather advisory because of that. But then the snow will start up early in the afternoon on Saturday. So between noon and three the snow will get here, and by six o'clock we should probably already have like an inch maybe two inches of snow out there starting to coat everything, So the roads will not be impassable on Saturday. But the later it gets, the worse it gets. Lights Our moderate snow will fall for the rest of Saturday evening all Saturday night, and like even waking up Sunday morning, we're probably looking at four to seven inches of snow on the ground even at that point, and we still have to get through Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so overnight it's gonna kind of start off slow and then get steadier, and then when you wake up you feel it'll be the blanket of snow.
Speaker 4: Yes, you'll wake up Sunday morning to a lot of snow out there, and then more snow will fall on Sunday. The big thing in the forecast that we're still watching really closely and having to make some adjustments for is this is a southern system, so some war mayor in the middle middle level of the atmosphere is trying to nose our way. And what that does sometimes is create sleet that infamous switch over to sleet and freezing rain that then eats away and our snowfall numbers. That is a possibility on Sunday, But I will say this, We'll already have four to seven inches of snow on the ground, so then the sleet will fall on top of it.
Speaker 3: It'll kind of like compact our snow a little bit.
Speaker 4: It'll make it come down a little bit, but there will be some new kind of ice pellets coming out of the sky.
Speaker 3: We could also see a little bit.
Speaker 4: Of freezing rain Sunday midday and into the early afternoon, like all the way out to like Maysville or Adams County. It would not be an area wide thing, but like once it's all done late Sunday evening, wrapping up, I mean eight to ten inches of snow, maybe a little bit of a sleep there in the sleet layer in the middle of it.
Speaker 3: In some locations, everything is not.
Speaker 4: The roads are going to be covered, some will be impassable. People should just stay off the roads. Snow emergencies will be in effect. So that's why today, calmly walk into your grocery stores. Be kind to the workers that work there and the people that are in line.
Speaker 3: Please just use patients. I was talking to a friend.
Speaker 4: He was a line up meyer yesterday for twenty five minutes before he even got to the front where he could check out.
Speaker 2: I was there yesterday.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was early, it was early afternoon.
Speaker 1: I forget and it was already picked over, So I don't know what's going to be left in the store today if you go.
Speaker 3: The good news is I know people that run bread routes.
Speaker 4: They deliver daily, so your store's probably got restocked last night with bread. They go in at like two o'clock in the morning and restock the shelves, so they are working actively to try and restock those shelves as much as they can. It's just if your family typically only uses a loaf of bread a week, don't buy three.
Speaker 3: Don't do that. Somebody else needs that loaf. Don't overbuyd say.
Speaker 2: This is America.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm doing to John, I'm going to go after the show and buying all the bread, all the batteries, all the milk, all the bottom water, all the ply wood.
Speaker 2: I'm buying all this stuff, and I'm going to sell it.
Speaker 1: The dumb asses like Bill Cunningham who wait to the last minute. I'm going to sell him a pork chap for four hundred and fifty dollars. What about that. It's America, damn it. I'm gonna make some money. I'm gonna gouge. I'm gonna gouge him.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give him.
Speaker 3: Encourage you to express kindness in your hand with that.
Speaker 1: Does you're dumb enough to wait that long? I'm gonna gouge you. This is America. I thank God bless America. I'm a great American. I'm a price gouger. I'm a great American.
Speaker 3: Are you auditioning for go?
Speaker 2: Cut right? Put the cheese on the cracker.
Speaker 1: Jennifer Catchmark over at wcpot nine First Warning Weather Center was slowly this morning, seven hundred WLW. The big stuff's gonna start tomorrow after. Here's the other thing too. Do you really need all that? It's really only gonna be bad for forty eight hours, maybe seventy two. Monday, we maybe dig it out a little bit more insight. Can you survive? Most people have eight days worth of food in the house now, granted it's probably the leftover of a long expired salsa. Maybe you've got I don't know, some soy sauce and Chinese carry out, right, but yeah, you've got.
Speaker 2: Enough to make it.
Speaker 1: It's like people, you don't need to buy all this stuff for crying out louds.
Speaker 3: You do not need the seventy two count roll of toilet paper.
Speaker 2: It'll be fine. No Costco is a zoo.
Speaker 1: It's a zoo above all this other you said. You said the sleep models all seriousness on Sunday. What's the reliability on that? Because I know that is the that's the outlier by Sunday, you're still not quite sure. It sounds like Jennifer, whether or not we're gonna see sleeder snow if if the sleet holds off, if we don't get that warm air of nose, which is the upper atmosphere warm, we will get more snow then, right instead.
Speaker 4: Of oh yes, if we don't switch over to sleet, our snowfall numbers will hit fifteen.
Speaker 3: So like if we kind of what we kind of what sleep, it would be great.
Speaker 2: Well, don't bury the lead. Let's talk about if we if that, if they don't have.
Speaker 1: A nose, if there's no nose, if it's no nose, then we're all gonna die. We're gonna drown in snow. Let's scare it now, stop asks work people up revenue.
Speaker 4: No, no, people already think that I'm fear mongery and I hated. They're like, you're the reason why the scores are picked over. Exactly, I am not the reason. I'm just telling you what the what the forecast is. People's reactions are beyond my control.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is great because I put the words in your mouth and then Monday, I'll rip you for scaring people in the gun shops.
Speaker 3: I will never answer your phone.
Speaker 1: U and L.
Speaker 3: Cunningham.
Speaker 1: We're on my chopping.
Speaker 2: Oh man, she's making she's making budget cuts.
Speaker 1: First quarter. Here we go, Jennifer keshmark over at nine. I know you got going, but the rest of the country, this is like two hundred million people are in line to get absolutely rocked.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: I saw a story today. I think it was Oklahoma they're expecting the foot of snow. They don't have any plows in Oklahoma.
Speaker 4: They have like one and they name it Dolly, like somewhere Dorothy, you know something dumb like that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: They use it to move like cow dung or something.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, pretty much a tree comes down, they're like, hey, go get the plow. It'll it'll move this faster than the backbone that's had another tree. Yeah, no, it's they don't have the infrastructure. Northern Arkansas is gonna get slammed by this going into you know, Kansas City is about to get slammed with a lot of stuff that they are a little more.
Speaker 3: Used to it.
Speaker 4: But I mean this system acting two thousand miles of real estate.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of snow. So we'll find out what happens here. We'll talk about armageddon on Monday. If we can survive at god, what do you so? What does a meter rols?
Speaker 2: Like yourself?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, a climate terrorist like yourself. Because you're scaring everybody right now? What do you do this weekend? You just honked You're gonna be in owt they You're gonna be working all weekend, aren't you.
Speaker 3: I'm working Sunday.
Speaker 4: So I'll come to town Friday after or Saturday afternoon, get into a hotel so I don't have to deal with the people that can't drive on the interstace and I always set a curse word on the radio.
Speaker 2: Do it all the time. It's fine. No one's listening. You're fine.
Speaker 4: No, But I'm going to come in Saturday evening. Uh, hang out the hotel. Be here Sunday morning. We're broadcasting live. We're doing cut ins every hour on Sunday, just if folks know what's going on. We are not going to do the alarmist thing. We're just going to realistically show you what is happening, what is still left. We're going to talk about the reality. And then Monday morning I'll be here as well. So probably two nights here downtown.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, company, pay for super Bowl. It is your super Bowl. You guys get so worked up about this stuff. It's awesome. Jennifer cat over at w CPO nine first wearing weather Keeping Updated and she'll be popping in and out all the shows all day long as well, and tomorrow too. I'm sure what's coming up here. I appreciate you. Thanks so much be well nice here from you, sir, say there you go, yes, ma'am, yes, ma'am, Jennifer ketchmark over at nine here on seven hundred WLW And if bad weather breaks out, we'll break in. I love actually going and blaming her for all the bad weather that we're having. If she misses it, we're gonna hold hercount both not we take all the credit. But that then leads kind of barred because I mean, seriously, think about that. If if that sleek pattern, what did she called it? The nose right, So that's basically I was watching it yesterday, going that's kind of interesting. So the sleet happens when you have warm air in the upper atmosphere. It's still gonna be cold af down here, we won't feel that, but upper atmosphere, the warmth comes in over the top. And if that happens, then it turns to sleet, which are pellets, right, and that's gonna hit the fluffy snow from the cold below and weigh everything down it many things even more treacherous, probably because now that's almost like ice pellets on top of the fluffy snow. But if we don't get that sleet, then we get more snow, so in the upwards of fifteen inches, although here in Sinci I mean between twelve and fifteen sixteen inches of snow, I mean really after a foot. I think we're like, it doesn't really matter. It's kind of like, well, the wind chill is gonna be minus twenty or minus thirty, I don't know. I stop counting after minus ten. It's just cold. It's deadly cold outside. So it's gonna start moving in tomorrow late, right around ten o'clock is when the white flag will go up on the white stuff. I guess it'd be the green flag and the white stuff and then kind of slowly start up and then ramp up. By the time a wake up Sunday morning, depending what time you roll out, you're gonna have seven, eight, maybe even more inches on the ground. So we'll see what happens here, and like eight inches around north of Kentucky eleven up near Middletown. But again these could change on Sunday. Sunday morning could be a whole different thing as well. So at least six inches plus of snowfall for the entire area, that's for sure. Yeah, I think it's really interesting. The rest of the country, heavy ice threatning power lines. You know out west. You may recall back what five years ago, I think twenty yeah, would be the twenty one winter storm. The Texas power grid failed because of the winter storm there. Over two hundred people died as a result of that because the ice gets on the power lines knocks everything down, and they're expecting that again. They think that this is going to be a high watermark for the amount of electricity that is demanded in America. I've often talked and had people on talking about our power grid, and you know, we talk about drill, baby drill, and natural gas and pipelines. So that's all well and good because getting the natural resources out of the earth and producing energy are critical to our way of life.
Speaker 2: Darmage structure.
Speaker 1: This is also being stretch even more thinly because of AI facilities, you know, Wilmington, Mount Aora, Butler County, Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Everywhere.
Speaker 1: They're fighting over whether or not we should a lot of these giant data farms out there that use a lot of energy, like the size of a small city. I think one of them was the size of the city of Hamilton, for example. One plant would use that kind Some even use more than that, and so now it's even stretch more thin. So you put this weight on there too, and you wonder if it's a breaking point. And I think a lot of people in the energy business have their fingers crossed. Of course, you know, the productions I said to one thing, but the transmission, which is getting it from where the energy comes out of the earth is produced to your house is a different matter entirely. And we and you know, power plants for that matters a long I guess I'll throw that in there. You know, you can take the oil, but what do you do with it? Okay, we've got to convert it to gasoline or diesel. We don't have enough plants for that. And if we use energy out of there, like let's say natural gas, getting that to where the fuel is a different story entirely. And then the power lines themselves, which we don't have enough up or they're under so much capacity and stress. You have a power outage, you have ice coming in, and again this is how many tens of thousands of square miles. You know, it's going to affect what two hundred thousand people, two hundred million people rather across the country. You think that some power lines are going to come down. What does that do? We're going to find out. This is an interesting test. I mean, I shouldn't say interesting, it's kind of scary because if you're the one without power for a week and it's well below zero, how do you survive that? You might have to go to a warming shelter or something like that. That's probably gonna be thousands and tens of thousands of Americans. And at that point do we sit up and take notice, going, oh, maybe we've got to start instead of worrying about you know, the environment as much, which is a concern for sure, but we haven't done a lot of this stuff because the fear of the planet. Well, if you're freezing to death, do you tell yourself as you're dying, as you're freezing the death, going well, at least I'm doing this or the planet?
Speaker 2: No, no one is doing that.
Speaker 1: And of course people will be angry because we don't have a power lines, including the people who protested in the first place, because we're kind of dumb that way. So we need to build a baby built drill. Drill is one thing, but build baby build, you know, in a builder. So I like do with that stuff. Anyway, hopefully your furnace works this weekend. I don't think it's going to be a problem for most of us, because we certainly have a iic events. But I'm more concerned about the airs of the country where they're not used to this kind. Whether I mentioned Oklahoma not having any snowplows, imagine what ha hapens when they have ice bringing the power lines down. How they're going to deal with that because the people who go fix the power line alignment, how the hell are you going to get there if you got a lot of.
Speaker 2: Ice and snow? Good question, good question.
Speaker 1: We'll see how it plays out this weekend, and you know, praying for those people who are in harm's way that are facing this alumna. I don't think we are as much under stress this this far east as they are out that way.
Speaker 2: For sure, South, I guess it would be too.
Speaker 1: So anyway, we got news on the way in just minute here on seven hundred WLW. You know, Jennifer did say make sure you have washer fluid and you're whining. Make sure your windshield white berds are good. And imagine autoparts stores got a pretty good around on them today too, as well. But yeah, you're not driving anywhere, so I don't know if you need all that that win's your washer fluid and stuff like that. But I will say, if you're driving in this stuff, for someone who grew up in snow country, a couple tips for you. One of them would be yet you make sure you absolutely got to see. The people who are like the I don't know the U boat commanders and they scrape a little small patch of windshield out and try to look through that like it's a tank. Don't do that because you know things are coming at you in different directions. And I've seen people blow through intersections because they can't see, and that's never any good. You want to make sure you get gas.
Speaker 2: Get that.
Speaker 1: I cannot stress with my wife enough and she won't do it. And make sure you have as much gas in your tank as possible. Fill that baby up because that adds weight over the back. And you know the other stuff is like you know, chest your battery and well, the time to do that was before this happened. We don't prepare very well for these things. And I thinks the other thing, too, is if you don't in a lot of areas a Cincinnati where there's hills. Try not to come to complete stop. So if you're approaching a hill and there's like a light or something or I got to get this hill, don't you know, pull up to the person in front of you and stop. Keep trying to keep moving and time it out so that you're moving slowly. You've got inertia, you've got movement, so you don't have to come to complete stop. That will help you accelerate, especially if rear will, I mean, if real will, you probably shouldn't be driving this stuff. But something like that. And then you know, don't forget that if it's an automatic transmission, there's not just D. Most most automatic transmissions have one and two. So use the lower gears in that kind of weather. It's going to keep you keep you from spinning out. Don't be afraid to do that. I saw a lady last big storm do that, and like, uh, wish I could could have told her. It's like, you know, she's trying to You could just see her swerve and going up a hill, like you know, you need to shift down to one or two and hopefully that I'll help you get tracks. And anyway, just a couple of tips for you a couple of fifty tips for you. If you have a manual good for you. Most people don't. I don't, never, I add never will, don't need it. I love computers doing stuff for me. Scott's Loan Show. We just had the full forecast, but I guess maybe we'll update that in a few minutes.
Speaker 2: We'll find out what traffic's doing. Probably not too bad today.
Speaker 1: And of course we should actually have Chuck should be doing the reports not from the roads, but rather from the parking lots of the grocery stores, auto parts and hardware stores. What about that Chuck, once you get on that, I'm I'm bossy. I give stuff, make Jennifer Ketchmark do stuff, make Chuck do stuff.
Speaker 2: That's our role.
Speaker 1: Can I sit back here and laugh. Scott's Loan Show seven red W l W