Speaker 1: App Catch every tournament upset and never highlighted. Caff and hop House joined justin.
Speaker 2: Guard Max and Parker for bracket bashed watch parties this Thursday, tipping off at eleven am, Catch college hoops on the big screens and price is flowing all day.
Speaker 3: Floming sixty five inch TVs all the details at kpai dot com.
Speaker 1: You were calendar.
Speaker 4: Ben money right now It's.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, blowed me over a prize.
Speaker 4: Now I'm paying you for the who you are? Know do do do do Hi musbind?
Speaker 1: Good morning? How's everybody? You know?
Speaker 4: It's pretty good up in this joint.
Speaker 1: Drive was a little a.
Speaker 5: Little on the sketchy side, especially down to the badge.
Speaker 1: Yeah you guys get hit harder in the South. You're no.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well over rough flick. Yeah. That was a lot of fun. And then I got I got blower shamed. Whoa yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: That oh because.
Speaker 5: Neighbor of mine just had a flex and he's like, hey, sends me a text, you need a heavier duty, Uh snowblour, I can help you out. I'm fine. Then the plow goes by the went yesterday, I know, that's exactly brilliant.
Speaker 4: Here comes the plow wives.
Speaker 1: The name again is mister plow.
Speaker 6: I know they don't have a choice, but isn't it the worst When you do snowplower shovel and your your driveway looks great, the sidewalks look looks great, and then they basically make the wall from Game of Thrones at the end of your driveway.
Speaker 1: What am I supposed to do with this?
Speaker 5: I've actually had a plow guy like stop first, rolls window down. Hey the radio guy yeah, sure, he goes, all right, cool, love the show.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm like, what are you saying? Sorry?
Speaker 5: Oh, because I'm gonna plow up down street now. I'm gonna, yeah, mess up the oud of your driveway. I'm like, can't you just push it? Push it somewhere else?
Speaker 6: And when they push it, when they push it and make that wall, it's so compact and condensed and it's like the thicker stuff. So then when you go with your snow blower, it's like chipping at a rock. So you have to shovel it. It is literally takes you six hours and it throws your back out. Boulder wall for exactly a boulder wall.
Speaker 1: Some heavy ass snow this weekend. H not good?
Speaker 6: Yep not a great time to have an electric snowblower as opposed to a gas powered one.
Speaker 1: I have a gas one. I don't you have an electric one? Yeah? It was not great. Yeah that doesn't. No, I just use an old shovel. Oh old bottom like a month ago?
Speaker 4: Is this you mean for dinner.
Speaker 1: Among people anymore?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 7: No, snow It sucks because every time I go out there to shovel, there's always somebody like across the street with either like a plow service or a snowblower, and I'll just stand at the end of my driveway and like look at him, hoping they'd go, hey, I'll just do it, you're too fat, and then but they never do it.
Speaker 1: It's an old trick.
Speaker 5: Today I should do I was walking up to hockey practice, and if I was walking up and I'm going up the hill there on Elm, and if I saw a car, yep, if I saw a car that I recognized, I would on purpose fall down and then they would pull over.
Speaker 1: And like, oh hey, okay, and then they give me a ride up to the hockey rink.
Speaker 5: I never actually walked the entire distance, so I did it with.
Speaker 1: I did it with a shovel.
Speaker 5: When I first moved into our house, there in the badge and big burly man's out there and he's blowing his driveway.
Speaker 1: I got just a shovel.
Speaker 5: I waited for him to kind of look my way, and I fell on purpose. He came over blew the driveway outs, and he was one of my best friends.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is that Bruce. Yeah, Bruce, thank you. You're welcome. Bruce. Can I please have your attention?
Speaker 5: No, I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story.
Speaker 6: Kels Is texting me sauce, she is your number. Yeah, that's weird, she said, don't worry. They found your spoon, man, I don't It's at the Walker Art Center. Jesus, the sauce wouldn't be the fruit.
Speaker 1: Cherries tummy's spoon. All right, Time for the news. Pee wee see care kfe in news with Chris Hockey.
Speaker 4: Bhy that's me, thank you.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 4: Gen Z is putting down phones and returning to movie theaters looking do the big screen for a break from their personal screens. More in the fourteen to twenty nine year old demographic in the Twin Cities and nationally are heading to the cinema. According to the Minnesota Star Tribune. That's good news. Huh yeah, misters, he's got an erection and he's not even listening.
Speaker 1: They might be going to movies. I just don't believe that they're putting down their phones. That is true.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that is an epidemic in the theater right now, is it really?
Speaker 1: Yeah, people just on their phones the entire time. But it's awesome.
Speaker 8: I think it's also part of the return of like B movies. For a while there, it felt like only marveled like the big, you know, Hollywood giant blockbusters, but like, we want to go to the We went to the movies for decades just seeing other movies too, you know, like the eighty for Brady's of the World, in the Cocaine Bears of the World, those those B movies.
Speaker 1: People just want to go to the movies in general. Loved eighty for Brady.
Speaker 4: I did. I thought it was really good. Yeah did you not like it?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we sacked together.
Speaker 4: Remember we saw it over here. I know you said you liked it.
Speaker 1: You cried.
Speaker 4: I couldn't help it. I like eighty year old women. I thought, I know what that film is about. What was it about?
Speaker 1: It really was about eighty year old women? Was it really? Yeah? That they were all.
Speaker 8: Football fans and once ago see Tom Brady game. It's called for Brady For Brady actually was a good movie.
Speaker 4: How'd they look?
Speaker 1: I mean, they honestly were pretty odd? Were they really not gonna lie? For eighty or so? I had some things on them?
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm speaking of movies. You watched The Askers last night?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Do you saw all the movies? Right?
Speaker 1: I did? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Except for Train Dreams is the only one. I ended up me too not seeing Train Dreams. I still I still need to see Train Dreams. But I think it went home empty handed last.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought that I was in favor of all the awards. Who won? What weren't you?
Speaker 5: For sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I thought Jordan's fantastic.
Speaker 1: Obviously that was amazing.
Speaker 8: And the reception that he got in Ryan Cougler got was amazing.
Speaker 4: Do you guys? And forgive me? I don't know what has he done that I would know besides this.
Speaker 1: Ryan Coogler, Yeah, he's done Creed.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: You did Black Panther, the first two Black Pants? Yeah?
Speaker 8: And he also did uh. His first movie was Fruit Veil Station. If you ever saw that movie. That's it's very it's a very.
Speaker 6: Dramatic directed Lady Bugs in the nineties soccer movie about cross dressing.
Speaker 1: That was you know, it's my favorite Coogler movie.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you got to do those films to be able to make the one. Yeah, yeah, has anybody seen Centers besides Max.
Speaker 1: And I I've not seen it.
Speaker 4: It is literally unlike anything else I've ever seen.
Speaker 8: It is a holy original and unique concept that could have even that could have only came from Ryan Cougler's brain and.
Speaker 4: The crazy thing about guys. And I want to run for you because I'd like you to see it if you ever get a chance. It didn't need the main storyline. The rest of the storyline is good enough without it. And then that started happening, like.
Speaker 8: What the hell is going on into a completely different like you're on board for what it first seems like, and it's like, oh, I'm with this. It just as a story in itself, and then the twist comes and you're like, all right, well, I'm in here for this too.
Speaker 4: It must watch it with your son and you will understand why. Yeah, okay, and you will understand why I'm telling you that After you see it with him, but watch it with him.
Speaker 1: Okay, the end of it sounds good, blew me away.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was. It was incredible. And it even has a little post credits scene. Yeah there as well. That's my point, is it.
Speaker 1: Is it gonna be like a heave cry there?
Speaker 4: Oh no, I don't think it's a secret to say what it's about, isn't. No, it's a vampire film. Yeah, okay, yeah, but it's way more than that.
Speaker 1: Oh and yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean if there was an award for best Scene, I think the when he when the guy first plays the song and Centers.
Speaker 1: Probably would have won that.
Speaker 8: I mean it, and it was like there was Last year was a year full of so many good movies, but Sinner was Sinners was the main character of last year.
Speaker 1: That was the cinematic event of the year.
Speaker 8: And Ryan Coogler, I mean that's pretty much every every time he comes out with the movie that happens. Because Black Panther was also like a cultural phenomenon and the same with Sinners.
Speaker 1: So I was I was really happy.
Speaker 4: Michael B. Jordan been and allis films pretty much.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think he has been in all his films. Yeah, that's like his two roles in that one. Yeah, smoking Stack.
Speaker 4: Yeah, smoking Sack, which is great.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And sometimes that comes across as corny, like when Will Smith did it. I know, Robert DeNiro just did it recently. It can be corny and it can be weird, but smoking Stack felt like genuinely two individual characters that were brothers that had similarities but also like their own unique personalities.
Speaker 6: It's a lot like Jonathan Brandis in the original Ryan Cookler movie. He played both Matthew and Martha on the soccer team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys have impact.
Speaker 6: You guys believe that the smear campaign to take down Shallon is a conspiracy theory?
Speaker 1: Do you buy into it? No, that the last couple.
Speaker 6: Of weeks he had a solid chance of being in the mix for Best Actor, and then the ballet stuff and the opera stuff came out, and everybody has been crapping on him for two weeks, and then Marty Supreme basically got shut out.
Speaker 4: It kind of did. I don't know when they do the voting for that stuff, but I just kind of.
Speaker 1: Somebody was already closed. Opera started.
Speaker 6: Somebody that is anti conspiracy theory said, I forget who said that on Twitter.
Speaker 1: The voting was done way before that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was already closed, and people also already had been turning on him before this. People started to turn on him kind of him only on the internet, Yeah, only on like Twitter and social media.
Speaker 1: A lot of people just felt like he was, I guess cocky.
Speaker 8: During his like promotional run for for Marty Supreme and whatnot, people are kind of they didn't really like the confidence and the braggadociousness because I think I think people are just uncomfortable with the fact that he wasn't like being like, yeah, you know, I'm so. He was like, no, I want to be the best. I want to be one of the greatest actors of all time. I want to win an Oscar, whereas most people just like, I don't really care. I hope everybody has a good time, and he kind of more so is like brash and and putting it out there. But I think regardless, I mean, it's the highest selling a twenty four movie of all time, regardless if he wins an award or not. He got people to show up to a movie that wasn't Superheroes, that wasn't an established ip, that was an independent movie.
Speaker 4: You know one thing we haven't talked about yet, and I know I sent everybody because I do that. But the center of live I thought was great man, especially Harry So Harry South is great, really good. That thing with the two girls in the drive, I swear to God, that could be Wayne and Garth. I thinks think about what they could do with those two. I mean the writing on that scene. Did you see it? Have you seen his act?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I'm sure you said, because I sent you, Like, yeah, when they're If they did, they could do an entire film about those.
Speaker 1: Two drive drive drives.
Speaker 4: That was hilarious, man, right, they were Wayne and Garth the only females. I love that she's.
Speaker 6: Having a breakout a year or two Jane Wickline and the last year or so it's like been okay moments, the taller one, the dark Yeah, Veronica Slower Coska is the one that's like the one with the braces. Okay, God, she's she's having kind of a breakout year. She's awesome this year.
Speaker 5: I loved the bit that they had with what's his name, the Sebastian Menscalco.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, and now everybody online is trying to get Sebastian just to host, because even he joked that he's been on SNL twice, but he hasn't been on yet, right, right, because Marcelo has played him twice and two home runs.
Speaker 4: I got to grab for the button bar. The guy doing on weekend update doing what's his face?
Speaker 1: That was brilliant, brilliant. That's the rule. That's the goal. Now what do we do the goal?
Speaker 4: Who was that guy?
Speaker 1: Jeremy Colehayne. He's also a rookie.
Speaker 4: Okay, got it, man, he was great too.
Speaker 7: I love it, man, that's good stuff.
Speaker 4: They've been great lately. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, last two weeks specifically are off the charts.
Speaker 4: Funny Jack Black is this weekend or in.
Speaker 1: A couple of weeks Jack Black and Jack White? Right? Oh sweet?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's pretty interesting. Right, So there you go. That's I guess I did what news story? There's your news.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 1: It is pretty cool.
Speaker 5: In the last two weeks, there's actually been funny bits after they do weekend updates.
Speaker 1: Yes, rarely happened.
Speaker 4: That's a great point because sometimes I don't even make it past that, to be honest with you. Yeah, great, great stuff. I love those two in the car, and you're right, the tall dark he grooves driving. Yeah, I can tell she's funny, but she hadn't had a great thing yet, you know, except for weekend Update.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and she also she is She's one of those comedians that I think is intentionally as awkward and as cringe as possible. I think she leans into that, which sometimes doesn't work for sketch comedy, right, that's more of like funny internet bits.
Speaker 1: But no, she's I think she's funny. She seems very nice. Speaking of seems funny, and it's very nice. Paul, Your next with sports.
Speaker 7: Maybe the nicest thing you've ever said about it was layered in sarcasm.
Speaker 1: What oh, we couldn't hear the sarcasm, say, I couldn't feel it. Speaking is super funny and really really nice. Paul's next with sports.
Speaker 3: Man Cafe and celebrates our five thousand dollars teacher winners and.
Speaker 1: Iheartradios Thank a teacher.
Speaker 3: Powered by donors, choose Chrystal Time to nominate the public school teacher making the difference. They could be the next to win five thousand dollars to make over their classroom.
Speaker 1: Do it now at iHeartRadio dot com. Slash teachers.
Speaker 4: Thank you teachers. I hope, uh hope you're all on spring break and go on some more fun.
Speaker 1: I agree, thank you.
Speaker 4: Here's a that's awesome.
Speaker 1: It's time for a fan five on the power trip brought you fight. Let us, let us entertain you just let us man like the stuff on sandwiches the same.
Speaker 4: Is there another time? I'm unaware of?
Speaker 1: Another kind for time? I don't think you're ever unaware of. Did you think he was referencing hockey hair?
Speaker 4: Oh, that's a good idea. Maybe I was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe he was because he has hockey hair.
Speaker 4: He knows he's gotta let us not anymore shaved it off.
Speaker 1: No your hair? Oh boy. The Timberwolves lost one sixteen one over the Cares. Don't you understand that.
Speaker 7: The Wolves MAXA had twenty five turnovers, the most so far this season.
Speaker 1: Julius said thirty two year wolves.
Speaker 7: Have lost four or five. They will host the Suns tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Here's Finchy talking about the turnover problem.
Speaker 9: A real problem earlier in the season, and they're back again. I think some of it. We had probably what half a dozen turnovers in the back court. The sloppiness and transition breakouts, outlet passes, that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: That's that's one.
Speaker 9: And any time you kind of fight the crowd against this team, they're gonna they're gonna.
Speaker 1: Take it from him.
Speaker 9: And there was a several of those two most of those happened more early in the game.
Speaker 8: Well o la wan and uh, that's why. And Fincy's totally right. I mean, that's just that's kind of The talent level is almost equivalent, I would say, between the Timberwolves roster and the Thunder roster. Obviously, the Thunder of one of the most you know, perfectly constructed rosters in the NBA, hence why they're the defending champs. But the talent is right there. But it's the little things. The Thunder, I think they were in the single digits for turnovers. They rarely ever turn over the ball. And the Wolves just they were so sloppy yesterday, they were so careless. They gave up so many points to the Thunder just on the unnecessary turnovers. And Rosie's right to laugh. It was it was kind of a joke at the end there. You you watched it, Saucy, it was a total collapse collapse at the end there. The Wolves were leading most of the way. I think they were two it they were too. They were leading the season series on the Thunder. Yes, it's true, Saucy. They were leading the season series on this on the Thunder prior to yesterday's game. And they just in general, defense has been their calling card over the last couple of years.
Speaker 1: Their defense is lost right now.
Speaker 4: They lose on that trip, they've.
Speaker 1: I mean I think they've lost. They've lost four or five four or five five?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because didn't you guys say one day last week like this is an important road trip and it's going to determine where they went in the playoffs and all that jazz. Is that not true?
Speaker 1: I mean, did you say that, Corey?
Speaker 4: I don't know. It rings about four of them.
Speaker 8: They were a third seed like a week ago. Yeah, I mean in the Western Conference. That's just how it goes. If you can't afford to go on a losing streak right now, and now you know they're a game and a half, I don't know why you're excited the game and a half out of the being in the play tournament and they got to figure out what their defensive identity is. Julius Randall was on a heater yesterday, so that was great. Is his best game in a really long time. But they got to find their defensive identity again, because that's been their calling card and that's been the key to their success over the last couple of seasons. And then Nasreed mentioned after the game they got get the ball move into a ball movement.
Speaker 1: When the ball gets sticky, that's when the Wolves are playing their worst basketball.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and Rudy Gobert was terrible, yesterd Yeah, I agree, he was cheap, except Tom would say the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Tom hated that game yesterday. Yeah, peewee, zach O. Your Wild lost four to two to the Austin Matthew List maple Leaves. Was that why he was out? Was he pissing blood? The Wild aer winless in their last four or five. The Wild battle the black Hawks tomorrow in Chicago at six thirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very much. A that's hockey type type of weekend. They did not play well on Thursday against the Fires. They admitted that I don't think I've seen John Hines that angry in a while, but far less angry this weekend. Had a rough start on Saturday against the Rangers, fought their way back just came up short. And then yesterday more of the same where they just pepper every through everything they could at the at the mainle leafs and it just couldn't score. We're not rewarded had a much better effort. So the box scorer certainly don't tell the full story of the good news is they've won so much this year that this isn't obviously a big deal. They're they're they're not fighting for a playoff spot. They're pretty much cemented in there. I expect them this week to get back on track with a home and home against the Blackhawks and just continue to get better and get ready for for the postseason, because I remember a year ago we were just fighting to get in to the postseason, and now we're we're setting we can we can afford these losses. It's it's a nice luxury to have to afford these these losses.
Speaker 1: Good. Yeah, well, said Brad Pitt. Loved it. The Twins open their season one one.
Speaker 4: He was surprised. I it's I.
Speaker 1: Happens the same time every year. It was wired you. Alright, let's try this again, Rosie. The Twins open their season one week from Thursday.
Speaker 4: I don't know they love it.
Speaker 1: I never know, John, I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: One week from Thursday in Baltimore two five. Who's starting for Baltimore Hawk?
Speaker 4: Beavis Johnson, Lord Thompson.
Speaker 1: Oh, she makes great music.
Speaker 7: Thanks so yeah, Twins baseball and the baseball season right around the corner.
Speaker 4: Sweet, I mean, let's go. That means it's sprang, Spring is sprung, and life's begun.
Speaker 6: Spring is here because of the year. You remember you like his stuff. I don't know a lot of poetry, but I do know. When did you write that?
Speaker 4: I think I was in sixth grade?
Speaker 1: Was that before after the Sewson Blue incident? Oh?
Speaker 4: My god, good question, Halidy in sixth grade?
Speaker 1: Y M, I know, like eleven twelve.
Speaker 6: What are you asking if that incident inspired his poetry?
Speaker 7: I don't know, or his poetry?
Speaker 1: Do the poem for us? If he doesn't know it, I haven't heard it.
Speaker 4: Let me just say. Once the skin began to heal and I realized it wasn't always going to look like fire fire Marshall Bill in my pants, there wasn't much you could say to make me sad. I was so pleased. We had to write a poem, an original piece of poetry and I it was over a weekend and I could not wait to get the school on Monday because of this little diddy.
Speaker 1: But Jack and Diane, spring is.
Speaker 4: Sprung and life's begun. Spring is here because of the year. I promptly got to see minus and I believed I had written. I thought I was Chris Shakespeare. I thought it was Chris Waldsworth Emerson minus minus.
Speaker 1: And then you went to the cells and blew it yourself. Feel better.
Speaker 4: About two years before that when I decided to uh manipulate my wife.
Speaker 6: And here with his poem on spring is the fans, Paul Jesus Lambert.
Speaker 7: Jes Spring is neat, spring is sweet? Today is not spring, dear God, So have a beat.
Speaker 1: See and that's a double entendre. It really is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a wordsmith, you're a Waldesmond.
Speaker 1: I do it again? What was that? So everybody knows it me?
Speaker 7: Yeah, spring is neat, spring is sweet, but springs dot here.
Speaker 1: So have a beat, think about it. Yeah, thank you. It's a yes. The it's a myriad.
Speaker 4: He's Walt Whitman rhymes with Witman.
Speaker 1: Whos Walt Whitman, the guy from Breaking.
Speaker 5: Back, that guy.
Speaker 7: The number one seeds in the March Madness Men's Tournament are Duke, who's the number one overall seed, Arizona, Michigan and Florida.
Speaker 1: Cores versus four is currently going on, and Hawk and I.
Speaker 7: Will take oh if somebody died, Hawk and I will take all the number one seeds.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, absolutely, I'll take all that number one seeds.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I just paid Gorgy two hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: Played well, then we battled back yesterday and the budget.
Speaker 4: Yeah the monster.
Speaker 1: Right, listen, who is the I'm still here? Will you be in for the Master's mat? Yeah? Okay? Perfect?
Speaker 6: You know in the tournament, the Core versus four, you can pick any four teams you want, including all four number one seats if you want one seats.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he gets.
Speaker 1: The uh, who's this?
Speaker 4: Just take the good teams last year? I think every year I just take the number one season. I almost always win.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think he's won three more than he's lost. I heard Patrick Betts and quotes say the numbers this week, oh, three or four more than you've then you've you've won more than you've lost, but just barely.
Speaker 7: He Corey is twenty four wins and nineteen losses in the bets history. Uh the participant with the best record is you me sure?
Speaker 1: Oh? Thanks to your guy? Yes, my guy.
Speaker 7: Man, he was cruising along, he was playing boring par golf and he just fell apart. Yeah, batch of holes in the water killed it. How is that day for Kels got him? It was fine after, like I realized it was, it was over, and it's fine.
Speaker 1: I've never you know, and I love over. I really do. Like he's gonna win a major.
Speaker 5: And I just was cheering against him because I was like, I just don't want to pay sauce.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, mall yeah. And then Gorgy that's delightful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, and paying his dad is sort of like paying him anyway, because eventually it trickles.
Speaker 1: Down paying my dad. Who said that? So yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 7: The March Madness thing starts tomorrow with two sixteen seeds UMBC and Howard going at each other, and then at eight fifteen eleven seed Texas and eleven seed NC State.
Speaker 1: Can't wait?
Speaker 4: Yeah, watch man, I love the playing games.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do you like the sixteen seeds?
Speaker 4: Real drama? Yeah, core, real drama there, man, basketball man, light them up.
Speaker 7: If we had to be correct over under a minute and a minute and a half.
Speaker 1: Hawk will watch of the NCAA, turn it under what under? Und I go over?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I might walk into a restaurant where it's playing.
Speaker 1: Where you purposely turn it on. Well, what if? What if?
Speaker 6: Like what if we're down to like the final eight and he's got multiple teams stole in core versus four and then he sees on Twitter that everybody's losing their mind because some game super close. I think he would flip it on for over a minute and a half and hate every second. He likes college basketball way more than he likes NBA basketball.
Speaker 1: All your hands up? How much of the golf did you watch?
Speaker 4: I forgot about it. I didn't know it was on.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing with with Hawk, there are multiple games on CBS in Prime ten. He might be tuning in to see Matt Locke or FBI or n cis accidentally stumble into the bassa so that or Happy's place. I'm gonna take the over, But it's because he's just trying to tune into Yeah, George show, Georgie and Mandy's first marriage. He loves that show.
Speaker 4: You know, I wouldn't say I love it. I'm coming around to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about happiest place? Certainly not Oh love that you don't like That's the only show you don't like it. You don't like it Happy.
Speaker 4: It's not about what I thought it was.
Speaker 1: Okay. The Gopher women are a four seed.
Speaker 7: I will host Green Bay on Friday at five pm. The Gophers are minus twenty two and a half point favorite.
Speaker 5: Do better?
Speaker 4: Oh Sam, that a great year, Bud?
Speaker 1: What does he care? He is he up to now?
Speaker 4: Zim?
Speaker 7: Isn't he like?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: He's criticizing something.
Speaker 7: He's not smiling wherever he's Yeah, isn't he like a defensive consultant for I think so?
Speaker 4: San Francisco is the same thing he was in Dallas for a bit, right, Yeah, he got tired after San Francis, right though.
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Well, the latest I'm seeing here three weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Per Sores Broncos visited last week with veteran coach Mike Zimmer, but he's senior coaching position.
Speaker 1: Him and Bottle Eyes are going to team up. There is mutual interest.
Speaker 6: That must be a very warm and locker that must be fun to be there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, remember work environment off the animal thing? Oh god, yeah, that's right him.
Speaker 4: I just can't imagine Zimmer wanted to put up with that guy's blank.
Speaker 7: Can I ask you a question, Hanks, Was he ever like nice to Absolutely? He was THEO he sang to him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did that. That wasn't the best, But no. We did his charity event one time, the CHP did, and he couldn't have been nicer to us. He was. He was great when he wasn't around football. He was just really, really great and we had a really good time that night.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I would say the same anytime I ever had any interaction with him that was non football.
Speaker 1: He was a funny dude, and.
Speaker 4: He really he loved red Wine.
Speaker 1: And he loved you singing Journey. I'm not sure that's true.
Speaker 6: That's one of the greatest stories of all. You should have sang Red red Wine by full Reggae on it, So did Irish?
Speaker 1: Was that? Chris is like, I don't want to get canceled. I'm gonna do Irish. There's the title of.
Speaker 4: I tell him, I'm gonna make it in this world by inventing my own format.
Speaker 6: Hey, Snow was Canadian reggae rap. Name another one, take that right, one of a kind.
Speaker 1: Snow.
Speaker 4: He's got eleven inches everybody?
Speaker 1: He named his album what is it? Twelve inches of snow? It's like what a dumb ass? Ums back then?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean? That's a good bit.
Speaker 1: All right? Did you name your album hawk?
Speaker 4: Two inches of disappointment?
Speaker 6: King's News is next? Isn't the power Ship Morning Show on the Fan? All right?
Speaker 4: Welcome back to some forty five. You know we got Muslim here and his Whole Life's Football. It's time for Viking's News on the Power Trip, presented by that.
Speaker 1: Says series is your whole life football? It seems like it at times. What else do you do? Do you have other hobbies?
Speaker 6: No, tons of hobbies actually, but golf, golf, golf, garage, beers, beerymore.
Speaker 4: You have to cut down on the hose.
Speaker 6: You play pool, you play darts, can love darts, absolutely love the video game.
Speaker 5: And I don't like calling a corner water painting?
Speaker 1: What's that water painting? No water painting. I used to actually do quite a bit of painting. You have a carved wood, no never, never whittled, no, no.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: Flexing on the haters to do macroma? No macrome. Leave your arm out the window just to floss.
Speaker 4: The ice I don't even know what that means.
Speaker 1: Could you please answer Chris's question though? What was the question? Do you collect skin?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, no, well my own? You know. Oh that's not like a put it in the skin box like a.
Speaker 4: Gold finger, right, yes?
Speaker 6: Hey, if gold member, if a member of the Fans staff died today and got Taxi dermid.
Speaker 1: Would you display us in your house? Why?
Speaker 6: No, that's disgusting, Like if Sauce, if that was in Sauce's will, Like if he wanted that, he wanted to be a full on taxidermied human and he wanted you to have him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, show him your face how it would look forever in frozen me?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, show us how your face would look frozen forever. This is how you want to be seen by the world.
Speaker 1: We have a glass that's big enough for his head.
Speaker 4: Why is your eyes?
Speaker 6: Don't you want people to know this, don't you know?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Why are your eyes? You said I died?
Speaker 5: Yeap, okay, I don't want that face that looks like it just sells and blued yourself.
Speaker 4: That's the worst taxidermist of all time? Was Helen Keller your taxidermist?
Speaker 1: I mean the first one?
Speaker 6: His eyes closed it looks like a sex doll because he has his mouth open and his eyes shut.
Speaker 4: I don't think must taxiderm git sauce for a bit.
Speaker 1: When are you going to be gone? Do you have?
Speaker 4: Why do you have big foot in your house?
Speaker 1: You use my body when I'm dead.
Speaker 3: I don't want it. I'm asking hawk do whatever you want with it. Man, you're dead.
Speaker 1: Who cares?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: So if you knew when you died that a bunch of people would just train you.
Speaker 5: With it.
Speaker 1: I don't get.
Speaker 3: I have no I don't get why people care about what happens if they want to get creamy, do whatever you want with me and I'm dead.
Speaker 4: What if I use you as a symbol for racism?
Speaker 10: Fine, I don't. I'm dead. I don't care. I'm dead. I'm gone. I'm in the I'm fine. I'm in the eternal silence of.
Speaker 4: Thanksche mode.
Speaker 6: That's what you think. The rest of us think you're the symbol of racism. I don't dead.
Speaker 1: Jeez, you don't care about your parents? Are gonna care because we're gonna bring it around in to be dead. You guys are gonna be dead. What fifty yes from you want to doesn't care?
Speaker 4: Myself.
Speaker 6: You're gonna be on death the White bear Lake Parade. You're gonna be the Grand Marshal and the Grand Wizard because you don't care.
Speaker 1: You don't, you don't even care. I don't care, you don't. I don't care. A wizard of the comment don't get it.
Speaker 8: To hear the face of keep white bear Lake whiteing on.
Speaker 1: So let me see if I have to write, let me wear this. You tell me this is right?
Speaker 4: Go ahead, and please make sure you're clear.
Speaker 1: So I am. We're so much, I think I said, because you said you don't care. No clear, Oh, okay, we can do whatever you want.
Speaker 6: So you are in favor of us doing whatever we want, whatever you want. So you are in favor of being the symbol of racism after your death.
Speaker 3: I don't I would prefer I'm I really, you don't care. This is what you want. I'm going to be dead. It doesn't it's irrelevant, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: I'm dead. So you're fine with it.
Speaker 6: You're so so we can get out a pressure with that, he says Zach Haliberson.
Speaker 1: Okay, you converted me. You converted me, and now I didn't.
Speaker 6: Have anything to do with what kind of conversations do you guys have during the break?
Speaker 11: Max was gone for two weeks. I convinced the Max while you were on, Yeah happen. You weren't here to infect him with your magic.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 6: Well, anyways, if if Zach's parents are listening and he's given us his blessing, that we can do whatever we want.
Speaker 4: He said, I could have his body. He said it.
Speaker 6: Oh man, you are going to be in a lot of memes, a lot of memes.
Speaker 4: I've got Viking s News.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The only thing I had is was what we already brought up? Is that feeling?
Speaker 6: And c J Ham on Thursday kind of a joint retirement press conference.
Speaker 4: Speak the reporters about their careers and their retirement at TCO Performance Center and Eagan on Thursday afternoon, the team announced.
Speaker 1: In a lot of ways similar stories. Yeah, but Minnesota's gonna love it.
Speaker 4: But as this article points out, Harrison Smith will not be there.
Speaker 6: I actually think even if he was retiring, he probably wouldn't be there because the story is different.
Speaker 1: I like that Adam, and you could argue each of them deserve their own.
Speaker 6: Press comments, but I like that they're doing it together because again, same kind of story, right, Minnesotan's undrafted, unlikely small colleges. Yeah, small colleges, and they both have long, successful careers.
Speaker 1: Was brought in just as an extra body. Yeah. Yeah, that's what we're gonna do with Zach when he's dead. Yeah. They run a lot of routes for us. He's going to be an extra body at a lot of parties and rallies.
Speaker 4: For the first two weeks. Will be a tight end. After that, not so much.
Speaker 1: My birthday parties in particular are going to be great.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's what I meant.
Speaker 6: We're gonna ge pedal the hell out of your mouth and not gonna make it look like you're doing hate speech.
Speaker 4: You're gonna be a racist polt.
Speaker 3: Me being the dead body, that's just whatever, or the people who are I'm.
Speaker 1: Not going to be.
Speaker 4: The first thing I'm gonna do is remove all your teeth.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to be a part of this at all. I'm just going to put you.
Speaker 6: In the wrong hands, and they're gonna do with whatever they want his hands, that's sure.
Speaker 1: David Duke still alive? Is he dead?
Speaker 4: The clam will have their refuse number one series.
Speaker 1: Number one overall.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but Harrison Smith has not announced his retirement yet. Again, we talked about how he's a post June one designation, so they're releasing him, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a reunion.
Speaker 1: If Harrison wants to keep playing, let's see yep, and.
Speaker 4: Late in the season he could come back if you want to do. You doesn't have to do anything. And I still an unclear, but I remember I think you were here with us sad day Musk when liber was telling us that you don't file PaperWorks with the NFL, like you don't have to do anything to officially retire.
Speaker 1: You just say, you just say I'm retired, tired, retirement.
Speaker 6: Right, So again Liber's joked he's never filed his papers.
Speaker 1: There's no papers to file.
Speaker 7: So I had no idea that when that was the farv bit, Right, well, how does it work with the hall?
Speaker 1: So the Hall of Fame, they just.
Speaker 6: Just five years from the last time you play, yeah, yeah, which again is hilarious because that's like, you know, Dwight Howard made it in the NBA Hall of Fame a year ago and just announced his retirement like four days ago. I'm done, Like you haven't played in four years, we knew you were done.
Speaker 1: Just one of those.
Speaker 6: Like again, he had a really bad week on Twitter, right, everybody was accusing his acts of weird things and him of weird things, and he's.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, I'm done playing ball, or like we're not falling for this. Yeah, we're not falling for your distractions. Distraction, Yeah, stop with your distracts.
Speaker 5: You know when you mentioned Adam Feeling here last week, I think it was or yeah somewhere there. Recently got to do like an event with the Minnesota Vikings and some fans, and so I was doing the moderation of this thing, yes, and but no Feeling. We were talking about how he was such a precise route runner, and then we also talked about the quarterbacks that he's played for, and I thought that that was interesting because that changes how you run your route.
Speaker 1: Or like Kirk Cousins was so precise.
Speaker 5: He needed you to be at the depth you were supposed to be at and make the turn.
Speaker 1: When you're supposed to do it, and otherwise he wouldn't throw you the ball.
Speaker 5: Then he got like Bryce Young, he says that he anticipated so much so that like you turn, that ball's there, it's on you, so it changes how you run your route.
Speaker 1: And then with.
Speaker 5: Aaron Rodgers, he's like Aaron Rodgers thinks, you know what he's thinking, and so sometimes you're like we're not on the same page here, and he's like flashing his hands over here, like to go like break the route this way, that's up up the line. And so he said like two games he played with him, He's like, I think he threw me one ball, and it's like until I got on the page with him, and then you know, they had some more success that way. But I thought that was like, really really interesting.
Speaker 7: I forgot until you said it that he played for Pittsburgh. Yeah, I forgot that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was cool.
Speaker 1: It was uh, thank you for your honesty.
Speaker 4: No, that is interesting because the whole thing about Bryce, I'm gonna throw the ball where it's supposed to be. If you're not there, you're not going to catch the ball, right like you But I mean, I don't know. I guess there must be some kind of reading he's doing though to before he because there's like four options and he's got to choose which and he's gonna throw it to. I don't know. That's that's just interesting. Maybe that's why he's been, you know, not great.
Speaker 5: Especially also, how how pissed do you get when you go there, you have a deep route that you gotta go and you're flying and you get open and you don't get the ball. I mean that's kind of pissy off. You come back to the you know, back to the huddle. Do you ever like give it like a look or like hey man, he's like no, no.
Speaker 4: He goes.
Speaker 5: He had to understand my back is to what's happening behind, so I didn't see him get absolutely clobbered. I'm just wide open, and then I'll get oh he goes, I get upset. But then you go back, you look at the surface on the sideline and then go oh sorry, yeah, I won't bring it up again.
Speaker 4: Well you're supposed to anyway, right, I mean we've seen wide receivers not do that. But yeah, yep, yeah, that's interesting. Man, that's really cool. Ye Does he seem satisfied and happy to be done.
Speaker 1: Oh he's in a great spot, good, it seems. Yeah. I mean I've known him for quite a while, but yeah, he just wow, he's a great dude.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's awesome. Yeah, So they're gonna be doing some more stuff with their Thelon Foundation. They're gonna pick up some more stuff there, and.
Speaker 1: He's probably gonna golf a ton.
Speaker 4: I bet he does. I bet he just folds.
Speaker 1: He wants he's gonna get lessons, he said he does. I don't think he needs them. He said he does because he wants to. He actually wants to take a shot. Really, that'd be cool. I would like to.
Speaker 5: That's he wants to get that good and he's already. I think he's close to a scratch. Yeah, he's really good, no.
Speaker 4: Kidding, because he does those pro ams and stuff, right, Yeah, one of those guys we read about the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he never hits any of the patrons.
Speaker 5: So he's pretty good golfer, pretty good, try harder, try harder man man, good friend.
Speaker 4: That'd be fun. That'd be a fun story. Have we ever had a pro golfer, like a real pro golfer who was in a different sport, like like a two sport player. I think because that seemed like it would be the most likely one.
Speaker 7: Common always brings this argument up because all these guys that played Roma think that they can just go to right. I think there's one and I think he may have played like years and years ago.
Speaker 6: Ernie Els was an Olympic figure skater. Does that count, Yes, That's what.
Speaker 7: I'm thinking of. Yeah, anyone else hockey? What what pro golfer do you think also played different sports?
Speaker 4: I think Tiger Woods was a world championship lapper.
Speaker 1: Well, this kind of counts.
Speaker 3: Hawk, the Hawk Harrelson, Yeah, the oh yeah.
Speaker 1: The guy that's the voice of Chicago White baseball. You can put it on the board.
Speaker 3: Yes, competed in the nineteen seventy two British Open.
Speaker 5: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He also played baseball for the Cleveland Indians and Kansas City Athletics.
Speaker 4: Wow, there you go.
Speaker 7: I mean you saw the perfect example of how hard this is. You saw Scottie Scheffler on Thursday after he played terrible stand in the rain for two and a half hours and hit ball trying to figure it out correct. Yeah, And he's the best golfer in the world, right, So it's it's not something you can just do on the weekend.
Speaker 1: Well, he changed equipment too, that was one of the things. But man, yeah, he hasn't played good this year.
Speaker 6: I think Craig Stadler got third ones in Nathan's hot dog eating contest, remember the Walrus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so did Hawk's sister. Hey, she won that, she won. She just does it for the she doesn't do it for the taste.
Speaker 4: I'm just sure to show off.
Speaker 1: How is she? Huk, She's good.
Speaker 4: Thank you for asking.
Speaker 7: Then I'm glad her son's got to be what twelve yep? Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: How do you know that?
Speaker 1: Because you it was about twelve years ago?
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, I know, But we've not ever figured out for sure who the dad was the reason you know, the exact date, isn't it the dad, Rosie, We can't prove that.
Speaker 1: Try Sauce.
Speaker 6: This feels like this is gonna be one of your stories, because this is a story that's not interesting.
Speaker 1: Or or funny or funny.
Speaker 6: Used to say, and I think I've actually said this before, but again, the mini golf course that's at the drive in and Taylor's Falls, that's connected to that awesome restaurant, the driving the old throwback beer float kind of you know, garbage food, but it's just awesome. There's a mini golf course back there, and my buddies and I used to go up there all the time in high school because all the.
Speaker 1: Hot waitresses were kids that we went to high school. We're talking yep, yeah, but listening to this story.
Speaker 6: But instead of talking to babes, we were mostly boring may golf. But we all we all picked golfers to like b instead of just writing our name on the score card, we all had to pick golfers.
Speaker 1: And I picked Craigs. Of course I was. I was the Walrus. Of course you did. What gotta be the Walrus because you don't want to be like, man, yeah, I'm Corey's red hot today. You'd be like the Walrus is kicking ass a whole six. That's funnier. So stupid kids are dumb or but that's.
Speaker 7: Funny, and it's funny that you picked Craig Stadler have a good bit. This also was the middle of the nineteen nineties when he was an actual golfer. Right when was the last time he golf?
Speaker 1: Gotten all about him? Yes, he's super old, right is he?
Speaker 6: I mean no offense? Is he still with us? He was not in good shape thirty years ago? Craig Statler didn't he was still with us.
Speaker 1: Hey, he's seventy two. He's still with his son? Did play? Yuh? Yeah? Really, I don't think he was very.
Speaker 6: Good, though the Walrus is five ten, two fifties, seventy two years old.
Speaker 1: You wish, yeah, I do, I wish I was five ten.
Speaker 6: Stadler's brother, Gary Stadler, is a Billboard charting recording artists.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: What song is the.
Speaker 4: They were stat with tea?
Speaker 6: Well, this one's this one was Celtic influenced themes and atmospheres.
Speaker 8: He's a he's a pianist. Here yeap Irish regy.
Speaker 4: How about the Irish dancing bit on sie? That was goods funny as hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, SNL is having a good couple of weeks. Just keep it going.
Speaker 4: Here's your Craig Stadler. Later the Powers of Morning Show.
Speaker 1: He won the nineteen seventy three US Amateur Good for him.
Speaker 4: What do you do with him?
Speaker 6: Well, he was at usc you know the Walrus cleaned up at USCO, cook at chew.
Speaker 1: No, that's not yet the Walrus. What a name cooks Tadler?
Speaker 6: Anyway, more of the powers in the Morning Show, including semi breaking even though it's obvious NBA news.
Speaker 1: We'll get to that in a second. Is the power to the Morning Show on the fan