Speaker 1: Is coming back to kfan.
Speaker 2: We starting next week, We'll have nine chances for you to win a thousand dollars every weekday said we are from nine am till five pm tenner keywords. Learn more at the kfan dot com Bonus Box is presented by big deck dot Com.
Speaker 3: It's been an interesting morning already in the lovely city of Detroit Lake's.
Speaker 1: Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the Power Trip Morning Show. As one round of the initials major is in the books against all odds, but it has happened thanks to Brett saving the day back at the station and Zacho for filling in for Corey. And here we are one round into the game and a great crowd of people on the hand for kegs and eggs. Maxo is up there, meat sauce, Mark Parrish.
Speaker 4: Parish didn't hear my voice much, but I'm still here.
Speaker 3: Now you aren't listening you were? I was on a bunch of them, but uh, here we are with Derek. I'm from the Lovely Fan affiliate up here in Detroit Lakes. Derek, how are you, buddy?
Speaker 1: Hey, how are you guys? Good to see you again, man, Good to.
Speaker 3: See you as well. Did you go to the Star Trip but pilot show last night.
Speaker 5: Yes, it was awesome. Candlebox is great. I think Pop Evil's one of the more underrated bands as far as Oh Yeah to the table. They are so much fun. It's like by eight time seeing them. So yeah, no, a great time. We've got the RITORII Fairy going on over in now West Fargo.
Speaker 1: So busy time here in the Upper Midwest for sure.
Speaker 3: So we want to say thank you for having the Power Trip morning show. Great crowded people here for kegs and eight.
Speaker 1: So much fun. It's great to see you guys. Thanks so much for being out.
Speaker 5: And yeah, it's great to have the fan of course, the Philly up here in Fargo, seven before the fan and always great to see you guys up here. And the initials game keep on right Marty my hometown hero here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're both from Barnzel, So yeah, it's great you got one.
Speaker 3: I mean he's leading Mark right now. I mean he's got that's not that aggressive. I don't mean to be that guy.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Somebody told me, I think last night. Yeah, somebody stopped by night when I was over at a local establishment here and said that they listened to seven forty the fan in Canada. That's a big old boomer of a signal.
Speaker 5: And you can get all the way to Montana. It's amazing. Yeah, it covers uh, I think it's like five states and two provinces, two or three provinces. Yeah, we we get people, We get calls from all the way from Williston, you know, out in the oil country in North Dakota.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's it's really a booming signal.
Speaker 5: Fifty thousand wats blasting out there and they love it all the way. So if you're heading out to Bosman, you know, see all that everyone out in yellow sto.
Speaker 1: You can hear us almost all the way out there. It's great. Wow.
Speaker 3: Sweet, Yeah, it's awesome, Derek. Now, obviously you do a lot of different jobs, a lot of different hats that you wear. But of course this area a huge college football fans as well, huge Vikings fan, so I would get your thoughts before I let you go here. So we get ready to head into sports and much much more. How do you feel about your Vikings this year? Man?
Speaker 5: I feel good about I mean defense seems like that that's gonna be pretty stacked. I'm gonna miss Jonathan Garnard obviously, Wait Dallas Turner finish up the season though, I think he's really gonna be being up here coming up in his third year, and I think he'll be that edge rusher that they need out of that outside linebacker spot. So I'm looking forward to it. Of course, the quarterback battle will figured it out. I'll be heading down to those Ravens joint practices. That is always the best thing to go to if you're looking to go to training camp. So I'll be down to Egan soon. It's hardbly it's almost here. It's ridiculous. Let's got to soak up summer as much as we can. But looking for the season, and who knows a lot of people of course around here, like Carson Wentz too, so you never know.
Speaker 1: All those quarterbacks might have to play unless they can stay healthy.
Speaker 5: But say, I'm looking forward to everything about the season, especially when they kick the Packers ass in the first week, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: So yeah, they're cancer everybody man a man who wears many hats. We appreciate it. Without you, we don't get on the air here. We appreciate it obviously. People love it, so thank you. We appreciate that you know, I don't think anybody loves Carson Wentz more than Paul Allen loves Carson Wentz. So I was listening again yesterday the PA Pross Soon he was going on and on about him again, and you know, we've talked about this, Susci. He doesn't do things like that without having a reason to do it.
Speaker 6: And it's the same he's He's the reason that I think whoever loses the quarterback battle will be the third quarterback. Yeah, I think Carson Wentz will be the second quarterback. And I think if I think whoever loses the quarterback battle will also probably be traded because I don't think they're gonna have Kyler or jg as the inactive third string quarterback on game day.
Speaker 3: So again, we'll do a short segment here. We normally do the news, but we're just moving on through. The show has brought to you my friends of Saint Paul Saints. They'll be back on the seventeenth. Go to Saints Baseball dot com. We love you, Derek and the good people at the Saint Paul Saints. He said yesterday, and I'm sure you heard it. He said it before, But Paul Allen speculated that he thinks Carson Wentz would be a good starting quarterback for five or six games. Again, he specifically said five or six games. Paul doesn't say things like that unless he has a reason to say it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's weird for multiple reasons, because you know, that's like a quarter or excuse me, like a college mentality, Like it would be weird to start if one of the two guys, if JJ or Kyler, isn't ready to start week one, You've probably made a massive mistake in picking.
Speaker 1: Those two guys, Like I like, you can't let.
Speaker 6: Carson play for five or six games and then say, all right, we're going to bring in.
Speaker 1: Now that Kyler's up to speed. Sure, we're going to bring him in.
Speaker 6: Because if you start Carson week one, you should just start him the whole season.
Speaker 3: Well, I think what he said, and you guys correct me if I'm wrong. I don't know if he's heard it, but I believe what Paul said. The reason he said five or six games is because he doesn't think he can stay healthy for an entire season.
Speaker 1: There is that. Yeah, Well, I don't think. I don't think any I don't.
Speaker 5: Think the combination of the three of them can stay healthy for an entire season.
Speaker 7: And PA's been talking about this for a few months. Yeah, like he's been on this Carson Wentz way for a while.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: It's like you said, it's it's not for no reason.
Speaker 3: And when somebody, when he talks to somebody about it, he his defenses are up, like you just wait and see you know what I mean. Yeah, I'm starting to be like, Okay, he doesn't say stuff like that for no reason. But how old is Carson Wentz? Is there? Right off the top of your head?
Speaker 6: Guess thirty two? He's got me bet be older than that, right Pard you know him? Uh No, I thought thirty five.
Speaker 1: I wish it did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we heard three. He's only thirty three if he's healthy, and he's the best quarterback start to some bitch, I don't care play quarterback.
Speaker 4: Man, it ever gives us the best chance to win.
Speaker 1: You were in La Hawk, Yeah that Thursday night? Can't He couldn't.
Speaker 5: He could barely get on and off the field and they wouldn't pull him from the starting quarterback position.
Speaker 1: He was so hurt.
Speaker 4: That proved how tough he is.
Speaker 1: He looked like a Mortal Kombat character. Before the fatality or.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'll just say it, but he's a dog. You know, with all due respect, John Kriesel walks better than he did. Honestly, it's I can't. And this was after the game seeing the damage done. I mean, Jared, you and I saw him. I mean you got to respect that kid. Yeah, I literally. I know it's a quarterback, and I know I'm being you know, I'm saying the sports cliche thing. I don't think I've ever seen anybody that tough in that much pain ever in any sport. And you've seen some toughs, oh yeah, Mark, But you playing through pain.
Speaker 4: There's something to be said for that, man. Absolutely. Yeah. I played through a broken leg. You play through things that will you just do what you gotta do to stay on the ice or stay on the field.
Speaker 3: Why did you play through a broken leg?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Well, I didn't realize the doctor messed up the X ray and I didn't realize it was broken. That didn't help. And I didn't do it very well.
Speaker 3: How about that? You didn't break it very well?
Speaker 4: No, I didn't skate very well. It took me a long time to get from one place to another.
Speaker 5: Can I ask a question, how did the doctor on an X ray miss your broken leg?
Speaker 4: The swelling was so bad in my knee that he couldn't really see it, and the type of hit it was, they were more worried about ligaments, and so he was checking my ligaments and they, you know, structurally, were fine. So I got the okay to play a bit for the record, I played a one shift back.
Speaker 1: Get I don't care, right, Yeah, that's pretty tough. I couldn't even ride my bike with a broken.
Speaker 3: That's pretty bad too.
Speaker 9: Though.
Speaker 1: That was pretty bad too.
Speaker 3: But my gosh, man, you are tough as nails too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, thank you.
Speaker 3: But that said, man, you know again, I gotta hate to do this, and I'm zach You're gonna be upset, but you know what, you deserve it. I'm just kidding. But I think part of the reason people have a kind of a bad taste in the mouth about JJ McCarthy is because people perceive, you know what I mean, I'm dare you say that. By the way, I heard what you said, people perceive that JJ was looking for any excuse not to play. I don't believe that's true, but I think that's the perception that he took any small injury and said I can't play. When Carson Wentz didn't have all of his he couldn't feel any part of his body at one point, and he was still at their plan. Whether it's unfair or not, I believe that's the perception, Sauce.
Speaker 6: I think you're one hundred percent correct, and I think we saw it. We talked about it when he self diagnosed himself with a concussion. And you have a guy like Ryan Kelly who's doing everything, he had to retire because a bit, and you have a guy who's self diagnosing himself and is.
Speaker 1: Like, I can't like you said I can't play, and he I don't know man that his teammates.
Speaker 5: I think a lot of his teammates like him, but he does find any excuse not to play.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do an informal poll. We're gonna make noise, Okay, I'm gonna mention the three quarterbacks. Who do you want to be the starting quarterback? Okay, so make noise by saying when I say the name, you want to be the starting quarback for Minnesota Vikings this year at the beginning of the season, who wants Carson wants to be your starting quarterback? Okay, wow, sorry sorry Paul person.
Speaker 1: Oh it doesn't bother me. Wh's country?
Speaker 3: Okay, who wants JJ McCarthy to be your starting quarterback?
Speaker 6: That isn't attracted to him?
Speaker 3: That poor gentleman is so confused out there. I guess we're gonna say it that who wants Kyler Murray to be your starting quarterback? There you go. It's interesting because I have to ad miss I mean, I want the best quarterback to well, I don't care who it is. I really I don't have a dog in the fight, but I would love, because of what he offers, for Kyler Murray to be the perfect fit for this offense. Mark, because I tell you, if we get a guy who can scramble and he can get out of the pocket, it's gonna make Justin Jefferson the big giant start of the league once again.
Speaker 4: You know, I gotta be he's probably the most excited about it whatsoever. I mean, it was a tough year for him. It was tough for it to watch him just you know, JJ was having a Justin Jefferson, Yeah, was. He was just frustrated. You could see it, and he you know, he was the leader. He said all the right things, but you could just see it on his face how frustrated he was. And we need him excited. We need him going to win football games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we just need football to talk about man incorrect and a man all right, Max, sure we haven't heard from you. You give you get the last word on the quarterback situation.
Speaker 7: I think, I mean, I think Perry's exactly right. Justin Jefferson is probably the most ex him in. Jordan Addison and Juan Jennings are probably super excited because they just didn't have that deep ball. They weren't able to take the tops off the defenses, like like me and you tend to tops.
Speaker 1: Off, you know, a half hours.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying, Well, they just didn't have that long ball last year, and that's a key part of a koc offense.
Speaker 3: Absolutely well, I guess we'll find out soon enough, because again we are under twenty days until the rookies report to camp and we get started.
Speaker 1: You know it, Salstina, I think.
Speaker 3: That is almost you know, that is one of the things about coming to Detroit Lakes. You know, as weird as it sounds, we're turning the corner towards hundred percent already when we want them up again. Thanks to our friends at the Saint Paul Saints for bringing you the news, which is what we normally do at this point. But real quick, one other thing, I did want to mention that the money in the NHL isn't nearly what we say when we say contracts when it comes to the NBA Baseball obviously the NFL. No, but uh, Leo Carlson to remain in Anaheim after the Ducks announced yesterday they would match Philadelphia's record offersheet of five years, ninety million dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's Leo Carlson's absolute beast. He's a young guy, he's twenty one, like a Peter Forsberg style, like we're talking, and this guy could be one of the greats that's ever played. He's he just is a spectacular hockey player. He's big, he's strong, he's incredibly skilled. I'm not surprised Philadelphia tried to snipe him away from Anaheim, and I am not even close to surprise that Anaheim made sure they kept him in the lineup. He is a huge piece to wherever he goes, even at twenty one, years old.
Speaker 3: Twenty one years old, and he's going to be making eighteen million dollars a year. Good for him, I know, it's unbelievable. Man.
Speaker 1: Good for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not saying that he's maybe earned it, but he is going to be worth every penny.
Speaker 3: Well that's I mean, it's good to see the money coming up for the NHL man a man. That means the you know, you missed it by just a few years marks just a few yeah, any I mean, what do you think the next likely offer or the next likely move by the Wild is going to be? Any ideas right now?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 3: What do you think in either of you? You can obviously too, Zacho.
Speaker 4: I mean, I still think Billy Garran and the Wild are looking for a number one center and trying to get somebody that can play with Caprizov. You lose Zukerrello, so you got to get somebody that could finally be a true number one centerman. Get up there with Caprizov and watch how you know, those two just light up the league. Let once ericson Eck gets back, he can kind of fall back into his second third line center, not have to play as many big minutes. He'll be he'll be a better and more dominant player for that that the number one center is absolutely still the prime, prime objective of Bill Garran in the Minnesota.
Speaker 5: While yeah, I mean, we're we're in the Dylan Larkin sweepstakes till we're not. So it's again, the longer it goes, less likely it is. But if there's anybody who can get that deal done, it's it's it's Billy Garen.
Speaker 8: So. Uh.
Speaker 5: If if not, then they're they're they're gonna have to pivot. But that's that's kind of where, you know, in the same way, the Wolves are kind of waiting for this Lebron stuff to figure out what the rest of their plans are. Dylan Larkin is kind of holding up the wild a bit on what to do next. But hopefully that gets resolved soon. And uh, well hopefully. Oh man, if we get.
Speaker 1: Larkin, that'd be unbelievable, so unbelievable. Ark and Lebron though about it.
Speaker 3: Lebron thing's dead, right.
Speaker 1: I know they're And he's keeping the teams in the dark.
Speaker 5: I guess I saw a report last night and none of the teams have any idea what.
Speaker 1: He's going to do.
Speaker 5: So that's I think that's good news for the Walls. Yeah, because you don't want any sort of steam any other anywhere else.
Speaker 1: It's also sorry, Maxo.
Speaker 6: It's also holding up the LaMelo ball trade because they are if they can pivot, if Lebron tomorrow whatever says no, I'm going to Miami, then they will make a move for another power forward. It's literally holding that trade up.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 7: But it's also nice as people that have to talk about sports in.
Speaker 1: The middle of July shout out to Lebron. Yeah, no doubt about it.
Speaker 3: We'll take it. We need about anything at this point, I ain't no doubt about it. So, by the way, this headline I was looking for while you guys were talking about the NHL though Athletic this morning. The headline reads as follows, let me get to it, the nine best contracts signs so far, and then later on it says the this year's free agent class was one of the worst in NHL history. Oh so there weren't many things to choose from, so no there was out there. Yeah, so that's that's a tough time for your minister.
Speaker 4: Break time to be a free agent, No doubt about it.
Speaker 3: Man, No doubt about it. It's never too late.
Speaker 1: Mark.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yes, you're in great shape. You're you're you're backing better than ever. It's time just give up the initials dream.
Speaker 4: Oh I gave up that a long time ago.
Speaker 3: Speaking of that, we need to break round two. You guys ready for round two the initials Major Marty, get your ay up here, brother, it's time to play. We'll break right after this on the fan. It's the Initials game on the Power Trip live from Detroit Lakes.
Speaker 1: And text line.
Speaker 2: Just let us know you just say by texting your messages six four six eighty six at six four six eighty six the inner text message in dat right supply.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the part of Morty Show Live from Detroit Lakes. The water Carnivals happen is beautiful up here. Thank you everybody for coming out the kegs and eggs, raising money and having a good time and eating eggs and having some beverages. And I'll tell you one thing. I will say, guys, there's something I never knew, but watching somebody's career employe really makes time fly by quicker. Yes, I can't believe it's already seven to twenty. Yeah, here we are. It's time for the second round of the Initials game with our friend Marty from Barnesville. Shall we start this thing?
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, Initials Major Round two on the Power Trip, presented by Builders and Remodelers.
Speaker 3: That's right, Minnesota's premier exterior home services company for over seventy three years for windows, sighting, roofing, her doors. Visit my friends at Builders of Remottlers dot com.
Speaker 1: And tell us about some other friends.
Speaker 3: You go, well, you know Radco has been with us since the very very very very beginning. I'm hoping to get them a win in the Initials today. I'm sponsored by Radco record dot com. By when you're gonna get a very special deal from Radcu and sauce.
Speaker 1: You have amazing friends as well. Thank you.
Speaker 6: They are Seventh Avenue Pizza on sale now for eight ninety nine at all ones and buyer Lees. And if I win, you can get a special offer from my friends at Seventh Avenue.
Speaker 1: Pete Maxo, what's good.
Speaker 7: I'm sponsored by the good homies over there at Great Cliffs and if I win today, listen for a sharp.
Speaker 5: Offer from Great and finally Mark Parrish, hopefully they will still be my sponsor after today, but my greats by great friends at Buy the Yard, and if I win today, go to Buy the Yard or listen for a great offer from Buy the Yard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's exactly great. And our friend Marty from Burnsville has brought to you by St. Paul Police Officer Mark Farrington. Thank you, Mark Farrington. This is a biggie you to sponsor Marty.
Speaker 1: Marty.
Speaker 3: How are you feeling?
Speaker 1: If your first round not too bad? Nerves has come down?
Speaker 3: Got one? You can?
Speaker 1: I say who I'm sponsored by?
Speaker 3: Please do yes?
Speaker 1: Sponsored by mg I Lampscapes.
Speaker 3: Oh MJ Landscape. See Peter, we got big fans of MGI Landscapes. I thought maybe they were up on a sign right here or something.
Speaker 1: I thought you were doing hawkspit.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right, fantastic so but we actually have another shot to give away big money as well. Ladies and gentlemen, let's do this now.
Speaker 5: It's time for the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union Initials jackpot.
Speaker 3: One hundred and nineteen thousand, five hundred dollars are on the line. Jump on the phones. Now you're looking at my new car. Save money on your current car loan with Saint Paul Federal Credit Union now offering out of loane races lost four point two nine percent APR apply today in Saint Paul su dot org slash campaign federally assured by the nc UA. Take it away, Zacho.
Speaker 5: All right, here we go, gonna get a caller to collor two of three today for an opportunity to win almost one hundred and twenty Crand this is crazy, Brett.
Speaker 1: Do we have a caller? He's all right? What's your name?
Speaker 3: Steve?
Speaker 9: Steve?
Speaker 1: Where you're from? Step from el elk River? All right, Steve?
Speaker 3: Is this Steve BOMBARDOZI?
Speaker 5: Yeah, hi Steve, It is nice Lombard dozer right, Steve, what what letters.
Speaker 1: Are you guessing?
Speaker 9: I'm guessing l C.
Speaker 5: L's see as in like Larry and Charles.
Speaker 1: Oh sure, yep, all lombardoz Elci ELC.
Speaker 9: Do we come at least one?
Speaker 1: Come on, give it to let me get at least that two point fifty If that's one hundred nineteen five, we.
Speaker 3: Poor Lombardosi one more chance.
Speaker 5: And by the way, we should mention big announcement coming up in a little over a half hour now, Massive announcement eight o'clock unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we are announcing our giant celebration party coming up at eight o'clock, so make sure you stick around for that. But right now, again, for all those who are with us here in Detroit Lakes, please don't yell out the answers, because I know it's hard not to do that, but this is very important. Round two has beguns.
Speaker 1: All right, Here we go.
Speaker 5: Here's the scores here it's Chris Hockey four meets US three, Max Fuller two, Marty with one, and Perish with zero. The initials of round two, this initials major are F.
Speaker 1: That's our F man, our F. Here we go. Round two begins now.
Speaker 8: Clue number one might not have anything on it. Clue number two makes up twenty percent. Clue number three known.
Speaker 1: To contact a keyboard.
Speaker 9: Clue number four.
Speaker 5: Has one nail ball all right finger Max all Max ring finger, that's right.
Speaker 3: Right's finger?
Speaker 1: I don't know which one is your right finger? That's the pinky. Oh good point. What an idiot. That's a terrible guess. I don't know, man, I'm not smart.
Speaker 3: You're a correct sir.
Speaker 1: That's a domb answer. What what an idiot?
Speaker 3: You're so so lucky? Both of you are so lucky. Cory is not here.
Speaker 1: Man, what an idiot? He's writing that down right now?
Speaker 3: Don't write right? Yeah, you finally made him smile. Yeah, who got that?
Speaker 10: Max, let's here it.
Speaker 5: Hawk's still in the lead with four Sauce and Max with three, Marty with one.
Speaker 4: Parish, you can stop staying your time.
Speaker 1: This is your time. No, I'll go out there and take it. I am two.
Speaker 9: Clue number one are out.
Speaker 1: You can be in this.
Speaker 3: MHM.
Speaker 9: Clue number two.
Speaker 1: Relates to a state, condition or performance.
Speaker 8: Clue number three memorable or extreme. Clue number four.
Speaker 1: Loud, unusual, drunk, or outrageous.
Speaker 9: Clue number five.
Speaker 1: Especially witty or entertaining Mark Mark rare form.
Speaker 10: That's right yet, it's all right.
Speaker 3: He goes now, so man, Mark and one okay, Marty okay.
Speaker 5: Plenty of time for both of you, Max and meat Sauce with three. Hockley still a four. Item number three of r F Clue number one A plane crash nearly killed him in nineteen seventy five.
Speaker 8: Clue number two went on a work with sting Mark Mark Rick Flair got it.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that's very creative.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was very well done.
Speaker 3: Because obviously I wasn't thinking about the wrestlers. Yeah, that's really good man.
Speaker 1: He's gonna ooo.
Speaker 3: There's an ambulance out there.
Speaker 1: Parish surgeon.
Speaker 5: He's had two Hawk with four, sauce and.
Speaker 1: Max of three, Marty with one. As we had do item.
Speaker 10: Four of r F.
Speaker 9: Clue number one.
Speaker 8: This is the informal everyday term. Clue number two Cambridge Dictionary says, it's something that strongly encourages to do something.
Speaker 9: Clue number three.
Speaker 5: In slang, it's a strong alcoholic drink or drugs.
Speaker 9: Clue number four.
Speaker 1: This burns.
Speaker 9: Clue number five creates.
Speaker 5: Thrust mark mark rocket fuel three.
Speaker 9: What is going on?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: Wow you.
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: Heard about all the money. These rookies are getting the way to go good.
Speaker 4: Focus on coming back you have again, it's happening.
Speaker 3: We're in a rink. He's ready.
Speaker 5: Paris started with zero than round two now has three, and we had item five now with Hawk leading four, Parish with sauce and Max with three, and then Marty one.
Speaker 9: Come on, let's get guys on.
Speaker 5: One of the terms originates from specific clothing.
Speaker 9: Clue number two.
Speaker 1: You could argue they are productively waiting.
Speaker 9: Clue number three.
Speaker 1: You could argue their goal is development.
Speaker 8: Clue number four eventually will be used. Clue number five.
Speaker 1: Study, workout, practice, possibly travel.
Speaker 9: Clue number six.
Speaker 5: Academically are in their second year. Red shirt freshman night thought. Red shirt freshman gets Paul tied for the lead, Thank you, Him and Hockey have for Parish and Max with three. Marty still in there with one item six. Now the second half, Come on now to the initials.
Speaker 8: Major Clue number one, you could argue involves two men and one woman.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, o hey, call me.
Speaker 9: Number two cannot be beaten, come on, call me. Oh. Clue number three is extremely.
Speaker 3: Rare, royal flush.
Speaker 11: That's right, boy, He says, you don't got the mind out of the gutter?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 5: Hawk back in the lead. Austin for one item, got it right back. He has five sauces four Parish and Max of three. Marty has one item seven of RF Clue number one, the first word is a possessive noun.
Speaker 9: Clue number two.
Speaker 1: Some argue for it to work, it has to be back left.
Speaker 9: Clue number three.
Speaker 1: Often dyed bright colors.
Speaker 9: Clue number four.
Speaker 1: Likely originates from Celtic folklore but modernized in North America in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries.
Speaker 9: Clue number five might be.
Speaker 1: Currently found on your keychain.
Speaker 5: Oh Paul, Paul, rabbit foot, that's oh my lord, out a boy sauce.
Speaker 1: Nice god, dude, thank you, sang a. People have that on their key chains.
Speaker 3: Sure, sure, sure, yeah, I have a whole rabbit got to be the back left foot.
Speaker 9: Hum.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: Eight eighth item coming up of r F sauce and Hawk in the lead with five parish and max with three already.
Speaker 1: With one, Here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 5: Number one became widespread in the early twenty first century.
Speaker 1: No oh my sick.
Speaker 9: Clue number two is going to cost you money.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 9: Clue number three.
Speaker 1: Has unfortunate but accurate connections to Las Vegas.
Speaker 5: Clue number four are being legally challenged due to existing consumer protection laws. Paul a resort fee, sauce back in the league, SAS has six, Hawk has five parish and maximums.
Speaker 1: Three Marty with on items number nine two to go in round two.
Speaker 9: Clue number one involves multiple nights.
Speaker 1: Hockey.
Speaker 9: Clue number two features plenty of music.
Speaker 1: Rock festival mark you want to go good okay, all right, Paul, Paul Renaissance Festival.
Speaker 3: Got Hawk.
Speaker 4: I was with your brother a damn.
Speaker 5: It started with a Parish surge, finishing with a Sauce surge.
Speaker 1: He has a two point lead.
Speaker 5: Now he's got seven, Hawk has five, Parish has three, Max also with three, Marty with one sauce, trying to win his second.
Speaker 1: Major of the year. Man, man, thank you. Final item of round two of RF. Here we go.
Speaker 8: Clue number one Turkey Okay, clue number two.
Speaker 5: Vietnam clue number three, Morocco.
Speaker 9: Clue number four.
Speaker 1: Albaniak.
Speaker 9: Clue number five.
Speaker 5: China, Marty, Marty Red Flakes.
Speaker 10: That's rightesome, Holy.
Speaker 1: Crap, Marty.
Speaker 3: All right, dude, that is awesome. Make some noise for m j a I landscaping ladies.
Speaker 1: John, Yeah, well done.
Speaker 4: Took me years to get a sponsored. Took him one round.
Speaker 3: Nice shot is that the last one of.
Speaker 5: Those, the last one A sauce heads in around me with the lads. He's got seven, Hawk has five, Parish and Max tied with three and mar It's his second point so he has two with one more round to go.
Speaker 1: Ten items left in this initials major.
Speaker 3: Well done, man, that's awesome. All right, we'll break nice job, Marty, well done, and Saucy Surging, well done.
Speaker 1: We'll break them.
Speaker 3: We'll come back and don't forget ladies and Joe. We'll come back and do a little vikes, do little sports as well. Eight o'clock we got a giant announcement from the Powers of Morning Show regarding our twenty fifth anniversary, So stick around for that, a big announcement and have your computer and phone at the ready. Is the Portrait Morning Show Live from Detroit Lakes. We'll be right back.
Speaker 4: I'm the fad from the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 10: This report is sponsored by Newgate School, Turning Car.
Speaker 3: And welcome back once again the port of Morning Show. Oh seven forty four live in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota. Ladies and gentlemen, Hello Detroit Lakes. How we feeling today? Thank you for being at Kegs and Eggs. We love coming up here. Corey Cope now with us if you just tuning in, because he did very well at the World Series of Poker thing and actually got got a little money, got paid a little bit, so he's not with us, So we had to pull an audible and Max is different thank you absolutely again. Uh, and performing well in the initials here, fr initials major, You're doing fine.
Speaker 7: Top between these two beasts, though Perry had a third I.
Speaker 5: Know it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and even shines on him.
Speaker 1: You know, Marty is falling on these hose out.
Speaker 3: I can't believed that was really that was incredible. That was a good and lots going on it. Again, thanks to all the people up here in Detroit Lakes for having us. We appreciate it over at the Kent Freeman Arena as opposed to over near the shore like normal a because that building's gone. I wonder what they're gonna put over there. Do you guys see any DMA idea what the plans are for that?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 1: We we're talking. It sounds like a nice new right they're putting Hooters over there?
Speaker 3: Wow, Yeah, that makes perfect.
Speaker 1: That's sweet.
Speaker 3: Friendly complete lack of Hooters and Detroit Lake.
Speaker 1: Well, then they know they can get rosy up here.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right. Yeah, he was up here making fun of that last guess. I heard him on the stage a little bit ago. So, but you know what, We've got a huge announcement in the next segments about fifteen minutes from now. Regarding the powers of mornings. So just twenty fifth anniversary, you're kind of want to be tuned in for that. It really is going to be a giant thing. He's super excited about. So stick around for that. But right now we're gonna let Saucy talk a little bit of sports and get you caught up on what's going on in your world. Saucy.
Speaker 6: The Minnesota Twins loss yesterday afternoon five two to the Guardians.
Speaker 1: That snaps their four game winning streak.
Speaker 6: That also snaps the Guardians four game losing streak. Your twins are forty six.
Speaker 1: And forty eight.
Speaker 6: They battled the Angels tonight at seven ten. Zebbie Matthews goes for your twins. Your twins will play three more games, and then they won the All Star break with the home Run derby on Monday and the All Star Game on Tuesday in Philly.
Speaker 3: That sounds great. Anybody care about the All Star Game? Anybody?
Speaker 5: I mean, it's I like the home Run, It's like the only one left though where they actually play a game, right, Like the football one is just a bunch of nonsense.
Speaker 1: The hockey do they even do a Hockey All Star?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they do.
Speaker 1: They paying attention.
Speaker 3: Of course they do.
Speaker 1: And well, Hawk loves the NBA All Star Game.
Speaker 3: It's my favorite because I like watching people put balls in holes.
Speaker 1: You need help what?
Speaker 5: But yeah, I think the home run derby's fine. I think it'll be fun.
Speaker 1: Whatever. We'll probably they're bringing them back an on format this year. Yeah, they're gonna have no I think they're just gonna go by outs or swing the clock. Kind of ruined that, yeah, because then they'd have to. Yeah, the whole bit is Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: It's something fun to look forward to, and it just means we're that much closer to football season.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was talking to my friends over at the Driving Innovation team last night when we were talking about the Baseball Hall of Fame game.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, anybody else?
Speaker 3: You were talking to the people of JK Marine. We're excited. Yeah, are own South Bay. I was hanging out in their marine place last night talking about marines.
Speaker 6: Any idea how Fair Hills feels the people at Fair Hills Resort you mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Were you there with me last night over Five Lakes. We were talking to the people at the real estate Company of Detroit Lakes.
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 3: We were having so much fun.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you and I were in the pool sun on hot tubbet uh maple lagil.
Speaker 11: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 5: You all need to take a deep sticky zach Oh. Hawk sounds like a NASCAR driver doing an interview. Yeah, brilliant, well played doo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I think my friends at Bell Bank and Detroit Lakes Sports Shop and good people accounts were real. Detroit Lakes car was pushing a little bit. We went into the right hind and corner.
Speaker 6: The most important thing that happened yesterday for Parish and Hawk was the NBA Summer League started.
Speaker 1: Your Wolves won one oh five to ninety two. Let's go looks good man.
Speaker 7: I've been playing really well in the Summer League and I know that they're they're really high on him. So who we could maybe maybe see him in in a starting role they had him played before and in the Summer League game the last couple of games.
Speaker 3: And who's he played for the Wolves? Who is it again?
Speaker 1: You show on bad Oh that I like that name.
Speaker 3: That's a good name. It's a good name. You were excited about a sign. You saw what's going on.
Speaker 5: With jfc's got a buffet open daily eleven to eight.
Speaker 3: Up here, hasn't nobody ever had the KFC buffet? And now we're talking. Yeah, well he's talking.
Speaker 1: He likes it too much. Look at that guy might live there.
Speaker 3: He just ran out the door. He's starving. I love it. That sounds good, man, sir.
Speaker 1: It doesn't open for two and a half hour.
Speaker 3: It's got to be open twenty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you gotta get in line early.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, point exactly right.
Speaker 1: The MLB Draft is tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Your Twins pick third, the White Sox pick first, and Tampa pick second.
Speaker 1: It starts at new and I know hawks excited.
Speaker 3: I can't wait. You know, I was talking to my friends, yeah over at Pemberton Law last night and go over the things, and they were like, you know, when we were over Timberland Exteriors, they said we were gonna pick Juan Baron Jay he plays baseball too. Wow, he's a good player. Oh yeah, yeah, right right handed pitcher, left handed catcher.
Speaker 7: When you were talking to your friends at builders first source, what other players they say that the Twins were gonna thinking about drafted?
Speaker 3: They mentioned j C. Detroit Lake.
Speaker 1: You're just reading your mug.
Speaker 3: You got the.
Speaker 6: World Cup has continued. France beat Morocco to nothing last night. Spain will battle Belgium today at two o'clock.
Speaker 3: It is amazing. You guys said it was gonna happen, and I kind of doubt it a little bit. And Brad, don't get pissed off. But it is amazing how much less excitement there is, even though we're getting close to the end of the entire thing, how much less excitement there is since the United States is no longer in it. I mean, I haven't. That's the first time we've mentioned it today.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, and that's on us.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I think was guards he was talking about it.
Speaker 6: But when they at the end of the USA Belgium game, when the announcer was basically begging people to keep watching the World Cup knowing that the US would be out, that's not that's not good for business.
Speaker 3: I don't. I mean, Brett, am I wrong? I mean, did you watch that game last night yourself? Brett back at the station.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'll be honest, my level of interest has gone down from one hundred to like sixty five.
Speaker 3: Wow, See even you no kidding?
Speaker 5: It's a hawk when he's driving and sees a cup man well played.
Speaker 3: Especially when I'm trying to get to the radio station shutdown. I am still I feel stupid that you, guys ever like get so mad and yell at somebody that didn't deserve it, and you feel bad about it for like the rest of your life. That's how I feel about how I was driving poor.
Speaker 5: Paying the piano in the lobby. He was there five forty.
Speaker 3: I was so angry you didn't have or hawk leave.
Speaker 1: Ladies at Dee Bryant.
Speaker 3: Don't tell me what to do, and they love me, I believe because I buy all the burritos.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah you used to.
Speaker 3: I did, man, I ate so many burritos at that place. Did I not see you Atzorbis last night?
Speaker 1: No? That was my twin brother, Michael.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me? Yeah, okay, I was gonna say, all right, I was gonna say, if you have a toy that looks that much that he got me, guys, because he was the guy that checks the ideas at Zorbas last night. And I'm like, I'm pretty sure that was you. He got me. That was good. Yeah, you got me there. I was there not long before you. I must have been there, like as you were getting there. Yeause, I saw my friends over there.
Speaker 1: Okay, what were you doing over there?
Speaker 3: Just kind of scoping out, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Talk about it.
Speaker 3: I was hoping they might have had some slot machines and there.
Speaker 6: I don't know, my god, I was looking at the where is the closest casino?
Speaker 3: I don't know, right down the road about forty minutes.
Speaker 1: Wow, that way shooting star.
Speaker 3: Just guessing about forty miles that way?
Speaker 1: Did you go last No?
Speaker 3: I didn't go last night. I thought about it though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that why? The bands?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: How dare you? You are one? You're the one that did that. It had to be you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you did put your right finger in your mouth. Guess that was so dumb. I'm so dumb. I don't know how I succeed in life. Oh that guy fell, Yeah, that was you on his right butt cheek.
Speaker 3: Hello, how are you? What's your name?
Speaker 1: Christy?
Speaker 3: Christy? Thank you for the day, coach.
Speaker 1: Thank you, You're very welcome.
Speaker 3: You've been coming to watch the Power Trip Morning Show for a very very long time.
Speaker 1: We figured it out I think over ten years in person, but listening for about twenty.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, are you surprised it hasn't gotten any better?
Speaker 1: Not real, really brilliant.
Speaker 3: What is your opinion of the Power Tip Morning Show featuring Max in Detroit LANs Hey, Max, I am so excited to see you in person.
Speaker 1: Oh stop it. You are fantastic. Oh stop it.
Speaker 7: If I was white, I'd be blushing right now for show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we told him he was going to love it up here, and he may just stay up here. He might not come home with me, So if he might need a place to.
Speaker 10: Stay, well, there's always room.
Speaker 1: You can say it. Appreciate you, Detroit Lakes. Y'all want me to stay up here? Can I stay up here? I love y'all.
Speaker 7: It's beautiful up here, man, beautiful people, beautiful landscape.
Speaker 1: I love it up here. You were right hawk it is I tell you, I don't even.
Speaker 7: Want to go home. Plus, I got a c in the hotel. I don't got ac at the crib.
Speaker 3: Good point, good point. And there's nobody fighting outside shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody's doing fit in Detroit Lakes. I mean there might be.
Speaker 3: All right, So here's the thing we have to break because we have a giant announcement.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah.
Speaker 3: In the very next segment, a really big announcement regarding the Patrick Morning Shows twenty fifth anniversary, which I know we haven't mentioned at all, but we are going to turn twenty five in November, and we've already talked about our Treasure Island party that's going to be in a giant thing. It's free, we got some great comedians coming in and it's going to be a huge celebration at Treasure Island right there November. But the next announcement at eight o'clock is somehow even bigger, and it's gonna involve some super fun things and something we literally have never done before on the Power of Morning Show. So stick around in the next segment, we're gonna make our big announcement. Get your computer and your phone ready, get yourself ready to go, because it's gonna be a lot of fun. The powtchg of Morning Show thank you for being here Detroit. Legs and kegs and eggs, We'll break them. Come right back right here on
Speaker 8: The fan from the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center.