Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach. Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 3: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 4: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 6: Hi, everybody, and welcome Tibo Rongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Friday night, May the eighth, as your Los Angeles Dodgers back home and a top the NL West. At twenty three and fourteen, after a road trip that saw the Dodgers drop two of three in Saint Louis but then bounce back taking two or three in Houston, they returned back to the Ravine for the start of a seven game homestand first up a weekend series against the Atlanta Braves. Shean on the mound tonight first pitch from Uniclo Field, that Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 4: Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here.
Speaker 6: On Morago Casino, Dodgers on deck, a lot of news already before first pitch.
Speaker 4: We're gonna hear for the manager, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 6: We'll break down this pitching matchup David Vatsego's one on one with Dodger reliever Brock Stewart. We got the very latest on Tyler Glass now going on the injured list. Blake Snell expected to come off the injured list tomorrow and make the start on his bobblehead night tonight the Miguel Rojas Game seven home run bobblehead giveaway out.
Speaker 4: At the Ravine. We got your Dodgers magical moment.
Speaker 6: Shortly we'll visit with Kirsten Watson and in just a few minutes we head out to the gallp before broadcast booth with Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday. Well the Dodgers last in action on Wednesday, the Dodgers in an early hold down one to nothing. Tyler Glass, now before he went out to pitch the second inning, had to come out of the game with lower back soreness. Turned out he had spasms in his lower back. He has now gone on the injured list, so it became a bullpen game for the Dodgers. The rest of the way, Jack Dryer took over. He'd go two innings at Gardo n Riquez win two innings, Kyle Hurt winning inning, Blake trying to win an inning, ten Or Scott win an inning, Brock Stewart winning innings, striking out too. Meanwhile, the Dodgers offense got it going in the second inning, Kyle Tucker scored on a wild pitch. Alex Freelan scored on a wild pitch. Alance mccollos Junior made it three wild pitches in two innings to give the Dodgers a three to one lead. Then still in the third, he served one up to Pies.
Speaker 7: And a to two pitch Swyon Hamber deep left fan way back, and this ball is gone, a three don home down Andy pie has and the Dodgers lead at six to one.
Speaker 8: Oh, no doubt or are left.
Speaker 6: Andy pie Has with a three run home run in the top half of the third, Indians. The Dodgers exploded for a six to one lead, and they were just getting started. In the fourth, Freddie Freeman and RBI double Dodgers with a seven to one lead. Then in the fifth, a runner on for Andy Paz again.
Speaker 7: Retractable roofs, but they hardly opened it. Pi Rips went deep to left. It has gone into the Crawford boxes. A two run home run for Paz, his second round tripper of the ballgame, and the Dodgers lead it nine to one.
Speaker 8: Home run number seven for Paz.
Speaker 7: He got a round of a sinker that was on the inner half and he just hammered it.
Speaker 6: Two run home run for Andy Paes, a nine to one Dodgers lead, A show heyl tany RBIs single made it a ten to one Dodgers' lead.
Speaker 4: Is that was the highlight of the game.
Speaker 6: Top tier play, the game brought to you by Arco quality, top tier gas for less.
Speaker 4: Dodgers still weren't done. Up ten to one.
Speaker 6: Alex Freelan with the RBI single in the seventh made it an eleven to one game. Dodgers up eleven to two with the top of the ninth position player on pitching for the Astros and O' blowout, and Andy Pajez says, let me go deep one more time, and he did a solo shot. Dodgers a twelve to two lead. They go on and win by that same final score. How about Andy Pajez three home run game drives in six of the Dodgers' twelve runs. The Dodgers twelve runs on fourteen hits as they get the win. Jack Dreyer picks up the win in relief, going the two shutout innings.
Speaker 4: He's now two to one on the season.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers win the finale in Houston, they take two to three from the Astros. They go three and three on the road trip, as they're now sitting at twenty three and fourteen overall on this season, and the Dodgers going into play tonight a one game lead over the San Diego Padres and the Division. But the Atlanta Braves in town, who are twenty six and twelve, tied for the best record in the National League as far as twenty six wins, and they're gonna have their hands full to night against Chris Sale. Dodgers meanwhile, go with image she and first pitch is seven ten, and with more to the gallop of four broadcast booth, as we say hello to Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 9: All right, Tim, it's a beautiful night here at Dodgers Stadium, first of a three game series two of the best teams in the game facing off the Dodgers at twenty three and fourteen, a one game lead over the Padres in the Western Division. They are hosting the Cardinals tonight, and it's the Atlanta Braids at twenty six and twelve, first place in the National League East, eight games in front of Washington. In fact, the Braves are the only team over five hundred in the Eastern Division. But the big story tonight, oh the return of Blake Snell tomorrow.
Speaker 2: And it's been a long time in coming back and wondering exactly when he was going to go. Also on the horizon is Mookie Benz. Because Bents will start at Triple A tonight, playing again tomorrow, we may possibly see him as early as Monday, back with the active ruster.
Speaker 8: And that would be against the Giants.
Speaker 9: In the meantime, here are the Dodgers and the Braves, their first or second in almost every important offensive category. Dodgers hitting two seventy three, they're first, the Braves are hitting two seventy. There's second on base percentage the Dodgers three fifty two and second place the Braves at three thirty five. They're on base percentage is fourth. And as far as home runs are concerned, the Braves have fifty five they are first, and the Dodgers have fifty home runs tied at third.
Speaker 8: So you got two offensive juggernauts going on.
Speaker 2: And I think that this series too, Charlie. I mean, this is going to be the biggest task the Dodgers have had put in front of you. Not to diminish the ability of other teams that they've played, but for the Atlanta brains, they come in, as you mentioned, eight games in front of the second place team in the Eastern Division. They're operating in all cylinders. There are also fourteen wins in twenty games that they played on the road, so a lot of different things are going on. They have Chris Sale on the mound. He has been sensational so far and today's gonna be a big night also for Emmit Sheeen getting the start. We'll talk about the pitching a little bit later on, but from an offensive standpoint, one thing that the Dodgers did not do particularly well on the last road trip, and if we look at the last seven games, they have taken themselves offensively out of possibility of scoring. They've hit into thirteen double plays over the last seven games. That has to change again. One of the stories tonight Shean, of course, is this an audition for him to remain in the rotation. As we mentioned, Snell is coming back tomorrow. We'll talk about Snell and Shan more in more detail. But for Shean, this is.
Speaker 9: Perhaps a make or break opportunity for him tonight to stay in the rotation.
Speaker 2: And Dave Roberts talking to members of the media this afternoon and said that he did talk to Shean about the factors that go out and we've said this over and over, attack the strike zone. And for Shean, what is rather strange about Sheen now here he is is eers almost at five and a quarter making a seven start. He's not been taking pillar to post, always given up thirty two hits and thirty one innings, but he's also struck out thirty six. The slider has been his bread and butter, and there's a very low batting average against the slider, and that's a pitch that he really needs.
Speaker 9: Perhaps he has some breathing room as far as the rotation is concerned. We still don't know the status of Tyler Glass now who came out with the back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. And this is a Dodger bulklow too. It's interesting that you know, Dave Roberts changes the lineup a little bit tonight. Facing the left handers, sale Will Smith will bat second, Freddy Freeman at third, Andy Pahes who's starting to come alive again with the bat, not that he's really struggled at all. He's hitting in the number four position. Was seeing Miguel Rojas on his bibblehead night at shortstop.
Speaker 1: Monsey bats in the.
Speaker 2: Eighth position in Santiago Espino is going to bat ninth and play at second base.
Speaker 9: Chris Sale, who has won four in a row, giving up three runs in his last twenty six innings, allowing the opposition a brand total of a one to seventy six batting average, one of the best in the game, Chris Sale six and one of two fourteen eer against Emma Chian and two of the best teams in the game in the first of a three game series.
Speaker 8: And we'll set it back to.
Speaker 4: You, Tim, all right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 6: If we count you down the first pitch, Dodger fans get that game day meal on a Shaky's Bezza parlor. You can order your Shaky's Bezza Chicken and mojos. All right now, it's Shakys dot Com coming up here on Dodgers on Deck. You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We'll check in with David vas Day of course throughout the hour, we break down this great bitching matchup tonight with Chris Sale going for Atlanta up next to your Otani rewind and we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports Net LA. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Braves, two of the best teams in baseball, going at it first bitch.
Speaker 4: It's seven to ten.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Katson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Braves on this Friday night, Miguel Rojas World Series Home Run Bobblehead Night for the first forty thousand attendance. Great pitching matchup image She and Chris Sale going at at first pitch set for seven ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewise.
Speaker 7: Who's the Colors too too? And Otania rips it down the right field line. That's a fair ball that's gonna roll in the corner. Around second is Freeland. Around first is Otani. He'll stop at second, Freeland at third, and Otani breaks out of the Oprah streak with a double, his seventh double of the season. And the Dodgers, with nobody out, had runners at second and third as.
Speaker 2: A breaking ball away and Otani just went out, surrounded the ball and pulls it down the right field line.
Speaker 7: Sure he really wants to lean into one if he gets the chance. Three one pitch, he swings hand lines it on the left center field of base hit. Rounding second is Freeland in the score is rushing an RBI baship with two outs for show Hey Otani and the Dodgers lead.
Speaker 8: It ten to one.
Speaker 6: Show Hey Otany breaking out on a big way offensively. He scored on a wild pitch, He had a double, h had an RBI single in the fifth.
Speaker 4: Otani goes two for.
Speaker 6: Four and RBI a walk on base three times. Otani with a big afternoon in Houston in a twelve to two Dodger win.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 6: And Kirson now joins us from the stadium. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get rid of that old car. Donating today, your car be picked up tomorrow donating now Cars for Kids dot Org. That's Cars with O K the big news. Tyler Glass now goes to the IL and Paul Gervase gets called up.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so when we were on the road and we saw obviously with Tyler Glass now in Houston, he was able to make his start. But after that first inning of work, when he was throwing a couple of warm up pitches to start his second inning, you know, he kind of immediately, you know, pointing to the dugout, asked for the training staff and Dave Roberts to come out check on him. Afterwards, he shared that he was feeling a backst which is something that he has experienced with his career. Obviously, he's very tall, he's very athletic, but with that height and having very long levers, sometimes it can lead to some lower back pain, back spasms of sorts. He even shared that this is something that he really has been dealing with since he had his growth spurt when he was younger. So for him, right now he did have an MRI. Dave Roberts did say that the results of the MRI they didn't show anything new. As I mentioned, this is something that Tyler has dealt with, whether it was last year, whether it's just within the past. So it's essentially presenting the same stuff when it comes to his MRI. So that is a good sign. And the other good news is whether it was the one that he was scratched from his start when the team was in Baltimore. He was able to make a start a few days later, but in the past, if he's got on the IL, it truly has been just the fourteen day fifteen day I els did. So the hope with this one is that's going to be the case for Tyler. But obviously it's early in the season and they want to make sure that he's in a good spot. They want to make sure that his back is healthy so that he could continue to be as efficient and effective as he's been to start this year and even how he ended last year. So they do have Paul Durvas here, But honestly, it kind of feels like things you never want to see a picture go down, but timing does feel like it's right because they obviously are going to be having Blake Snell, who is now we know is going to be returning tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he'll get the start tomorrow instead of a rehab start in Ontario. With that being said, Emma Shean gets to start tonight for the Dodgers, and it kind of feel likes every start now for Shean's are big starts.
Speaker 10: It does Emmitt this year, there are times where everything is right, he's in a good spot, he's competing, But then there are other times where he's just kind of you know, when it comes to his delivery. How they say, when it comes to him, he is a rotational pitcher, so how he's coming down the mound, and there were times where he was a little bit too rotational, so he was flying open and that was leading to a little drop off of velocity, drop off of command. And so he's been working.
Speaker 4: Through a few things this year.
Speaker 10: He had said that he found, you know, maybe two starts ago, he felt that he got back to his bluff tack and that kind of got him back on sync, got him back with his rhythm and timing. But then he has like his last start in which he was in Saint Louis, and it was one of those up and down types of outings, and so the velocity had dropped off. He was at averaging at about ninety three point four, which if you look at just his velocity when it comes to his career, not only was that a tick down from the start before, that's actually the lowest that it's been in his career. So it's been clear that he's continuously working on things and trying to figure out just what's right. So now he goes up against a team like the Braves, who look, they have been excellent. It's no secret they're one of the best teams in Major League Baseball. And so he goes up against this team. It's going to be a tough lineup. But Dave was saying this could be a very good test, or even a really good challenge for emit Sheian, because ultimately he doesn't want him to go out there and try to be too mechanical and try to be too fine. He just wants him to go out there and compete, and if he does that, he does believe that this could be a really strong start for Emmit Shean, and he did say that Emmon is looking forward to this one. You know, he's a competitor and he wants to go up against the best, and today he's going to get the up chain to do just that.
Speaker 6: Well, it's a big time game against the team that's got the most wins of the National League and the Atlanta Braves. We'll see what Immachine can do tonight. Here said, we appreciate it. So they come here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. David Vatsego's one on one with Brock Stores up next, so we get you an injury report and we hear from the Dodger manager himself, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 4: Leading you up to.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Braves on this Friday and night, first pitch at seven ten. I'm sim keas is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all Season Law Law.
Speaker 6: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck and gene Us on this Friday night, as we would lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and the Atlanta Braves, Marogo Casino Resort and Spy a Grand Slam for a good time. I was image Shean and Chris Sale. The pitching matchup, first pitch set for sevent ten.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 6: Well, a lot of moving pieces presented by UCLA Healthy official medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tyler Glass now officially goes on the IL with lower back spasms. Edwin Diaz on the IL, Been Casparius on the IL. Bookie Bets on a minor league rehab assignment right now in Okay. See Tommy Edmonds still on the IL recovering from off season ankle surgery. Blake's Nett will come off the IL and make his first start of twenty twenty six tomorrow on his bobblehead night. Bruce dar Graterol is in Triple A working his way back. He is getting close landon Nat, Gavinstone, Evan Phillips, all working their way back. All right, We head back out to the stadium and checking in with the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 7: Anything else with d Questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 8: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 11: It does, but I also think that it's, you know, still the Tyler conversation, you know when we went in, if we slought them right back in, So I think that's sort of the lynch pin, I guess. But yeah, I mean if that does happen, then certainly we're gonna have some conversations, you know, looking out for the next you know, five to eight nine days.
Speaker 9: Yeah, as careful as you guys usually are with making sure guys are prepped for September and October, why I just go.
Speaker 11: Ahead and give time right now? Well, you also have to, you know, layer in the player and players if they feel healthy then you know, it's it's hard to just say you can't participate when they feel healthy and he's playing catch and throwing and feeling good, where in one moment in time he had a backspas and to then say, you know, we'll check back in fifteen days. So I think there's a respect also that you have with the player as well that I think he's earned that.
Speaker 6: All right, there's a manager, Dave Roberts says, talking about Tyler Glass now his backs and Blake Snell getting ready to come off the il tomorrow night, when we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check out with David Vasse get you more of the ever changing roster moves for the Dodgers and the lead off to first pitch Dodgers and praise from Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Tack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Prays starting a three game series and when she and Chris Sale the pitching matchup. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Al Poto, born in La and made for your game. Dale Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, salces and hot sauces right to your table every single time.
Speaker 4: El Poto Gourmet and a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 8: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 4: All right, DV.
Speaker 6: A lot of moving part for the Dodgers. Tyler Glasnell goes to the IL. But the big news Blake Snell not pitching in Ontario tomorrow for the Tower Buzzers.
Speaker 4: Bud, It's gonna be pitching at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: Tomorrow is Blake Snell's Bobblehead Night, and he's gonna be on the mound tomorrow tim for the Dodgers. And my understanding is last night at Will Smith's Netflix comedy show, Blake Snell went to Andrew Freeman and said, look, I know what's going on. I understand the situation. I want in, I want to pitch. And he was even trying to push Andrew Freeman to have him pitch tonight against Chris Sale because he wanted that. But obviously Andrew understood, you know, that's a little bit too aggressive. So he was able to, you know, number one, appreciate that Snell wanted to come back.
Speaker 8: Number two, make it make sense for the team.
Speaker 5: And so Snell will start tomorrow and Roki Sasaki likely pushed back to Monday against the Giants, team that obviously is not the best in the National League like the Braves.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 6: David was brought to by the Fort Maverick Motor Trends in North American Truck of the Year. The Fort and Maverick everything you needed the most innovative truck with forty two miles per gallon and the best MSRP. If it's category, it's time to see forded a new light. Go to your Southern California for dealers. Today in Oklahoma City, Mookie Betts is playing in a rehab game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Dave Roberts joined us on Dodger Talk last night, Tim and he laid out the possibility that Mookie Betts is not going to spend a lot of time out there in OKC.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, you know, if he's going to go on his rehab assignment. So that's exciting for all Dodgers. So the plan is, if it goes well, he'll be back joining us on Monday Night. So the hope is that we get him for three of those four games against the hated Giant.
Speaker 5: How about that Dave Roberts playing up to the crowd they hated Giants.
Speaker 8: That was like Vic the brick right there.
Speaker 5: But yeah, that's great news that if all goes well tonight and tomorrow, Moiets will be back in the starting lineup for the Dodgers on Monday Night against the Giants.
Speaker 8: And really they need him.
Speaker 5: The right handed hitters in this lineup really have not done a lot of damage so far.
Speaker 6: You mentioned tonight Chris Sale going for the Atlanta Braves. David, He's one of the best pitchers in baseball.
Speaker 5: Game this year he has the lowest batting average against. Hitters are hitting lower against Chris Sale this year than they ever have before in his career. We're talking about Asay Young Award winner. We're talking about one of the best left handers in the last ten years in Major League Baseball. He's healthy again and hitters are barely hitting a buck thirty against him this year. So they're going to need their right handed hitters to do more than what they've done against left handed pitching this year. Will Smith and Taoscar Hernandez don't have a single home run against a lefty this year. Hopefully that changes, but right now you would say the matchup favors the Braves tonight.
Speaker 6: All right, Dave, Time not to pick the horses out Santa ani with the Dodger Derby. We pick a race, we see who wins head to head at the end of the racing season. We're looking at tomorrow's first race at Santa Anita six furlongs.
Speaker 4: Currently seven horses in the field.
Speaker 2: Who do you like?
Speaker 8: I'm going with belly up the number three horse.
Speaker 6: Oo, belly up the three horse. I'll go with the seven horse, Valiant Son the seven horse. David, Good luck to you. We'll talk to you in a few minutes. Bring Mom to the races on Mother's Day. That's Sunday. It's Santa Anita May tenth. Of course, special packages for Mom are still available. Find out all about it at Santa Anita dot com. Slash events coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from Brock Stewart when David Vasse returns.
Speaker 4: You'll also talk with Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: We'll dive deeper to this pitchy matchup, but up next to Dodgers Magical Moment. Don't go anywhere. Dodgers and Braves. First pitch is seven ten. I'm Tim Katsis is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Brave started a three game series. Image shean Chris sail to pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 8: Without a hot dog who wants a hot cut?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment Pitch Magical presented by Hawpy Hottails.
Speaker 6: Well the Dodgers taken on the Braves. We go back to April second of last year. The Dodgers were off to a great start of the season, undefeated, but in this game against Atlanta, the Dodgers were trailing five nothing early, but they rallied to come back thanks to show.
Speaker 4: Hey, all right.
Speaker 2: Mo oh, this would be fitting if it were an end right here and everyone on their feet at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 7: Show Hey, old Toney on his bubblehead night first piss swinging high drive, good.
Speaker 2: Center field at the wall.
Speaker 3: My goodness, so held Toney a sallo, not a swing, He's heading home head once again the Dodgers walk off winners.
Speaker 6: Show Hey Otani with the walk off home run last April, the cap off a six to five Dodgers win over the Atlanta Braves. The win improved the Dodgers to eight to o, which broke the nineteen thirty three New York Yankees record for the longest winning street to begin a season by the defending World Serious champions. This Hofey Magical Moment, brought to by Hofey Hot Dogs Haffey Soakow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 4: Haffey hot Dog local and so great.
Speaker 6: When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we all check back in with Rick Monday, so we lead you up to first pitch. Dodgers and Braves on Miguel Rojas Game seven Home Run Bobblehead Nights. I'm Tim Keats's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers all your network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season Law Law.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Braves on this Friday night start of a three game series.
Speaker 4: Image.
Speaker 6: She and Chris sailed the pitching matchup. We'll dive deepen in the numbers for both coming up in just a little bit time. Now for the Verizon startup, as we're less than thirty minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your So Calverizon store today.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Basse, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: All right, Rick, everybody's very excited about this series across the.
Speaker 2: Listener to you. I mean, it's one of these things, is that Davidasse Folks, In case you did not know, the sun rises and sets somewhere over the Blake snellhouse as far as David Vasse is concern. So there was no doubt that there was a big smile on your face because now snow Zilla, as you refer to him, is going to come off the injured list tomorrow and he's going to start the ball game.
Speaker 5: Snell Zilla's Saturday has a new meaning with him making the.
Speaker 2: Start tomorrows eight days eight nine days ago that he was close to coming back well now less than well less than twenty four hours.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's really made some changes to his life.
Speaker 8: He has a personal chef now.
Speaker 5: He's invested in himself more and that's why he's more ready than ever to be able to pitch tomorrow. And it doesn't feel like pitching in single ay Ontario was going to do a lot for him.
Speaker 8: So this will really get it going.
Speaker 2: And I agree wholeheartedly. I did catch you earlier today on the Rogan and Ronde, and by the way, I was enjoying your conversation that you were having In particular, for those that may not have been listening, you were talking about show Heyo Tani and what he has done when he has been both the pitcher and as a hitter, and the numbers are not overwhelming on a positive sign. So it's interesting in the conversation that you were having on what Dave robertson Tony are going to sit down and maybe discuss on is it best for him? Because I'm really overwhelmed with the workload that he has anywhere. I know how difficult it was to prepare just to hit in the major leagues, and he's not only preparing to hit also with a pitching To me, it's overwhelming in what he has required to do on a daily basis, And is the workload on the front end of the season going to affect the workload on the back end of the season.
Speaker 5: And that's the one thing that I feel like we don't fully appreciate. The last time he was a full time two way player, Rick, he was twenty six years old. Twenty seven years old. He's thirty one now, and you know a lot of major league pitchers, how long does it take to recover from making a start, let alone being asked to be the catalyst of an offense.
Speaker 2: I think it's the point well taken. I think there's two different areas. One, yes, you understand and your body better, but he does. It's got to be a quick study because his body's a little bit different now because he had the surgery. So has he had to relearn his body in a relatively short period of time. And yes, the birth certificate punches in every year for all of us and doesn't make a difference for him. We're not We cannot judge what's inside his body. But again, I marvel at what this guy is able to do and have the dual workloads.
Speaker 5: When you watched him pitch on this last road trip, what stands out to you the most about the way he pitches?
Speaker 2: I think what's what got me was the fact is it knowing full well what he is doing, what he tries to do all the time, and this is about for him winning his team winning, and that's what he is confident in being able to accomplish, and that's his main goal. Oh, he came out and said, oh I'd like to win a SiGe young Okay, fine. I think at the top of the list though, is to have a world champion because he thinks in the big, big picture, clawed that one hundred percent what he's going to be able to do. Again, Nobody leaves their seat when this guy comes in, even beyond deck circle ready to hit, much less when he goes onto the mound. I'm going to find out what takes place. And you know tonight, how big of an outing is this going to be for Immachian, especially now with glass Now, as we find out just a couple of hours ago, now goes to the injured list with a cranky back. How long a period that's going to be. I don't really know. On the horizon we talked about, Mookie Bets may be back off the injured list and maybe at a ballgame here on Monday night. That's still on hold, but things look pretty good at least right now.
Speaker 5: And Otani can make a dent in the Cris Sale race for the Cy Young by doing something with the bat tonight.
Speaker 2: He has already opened eyes and when you look at that era it is still below one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right, and maybe he'll bloat sales tonight.
Speaker 2: Wipe that smile off your face. Snail's not pitching till tomorrow.
Speaker 8: Night like you and Charlie always tell me, don't I don't peak too soon.
Speaker 2: No no, no. What we always tell you is get out of here. Oh yeah that too, Yeah, that too.
Speaker 8: We'll send it back to you.
Speaker 4: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, guys.
Speaker 6: Dodgers Baseball presented by Uniclo Field the Dodger Stadium. Visit Uniclo dot com. Slash us still to come here. On Dodgers on Deck, we'll preview this pitching matchup. Charlie and Rick will have the keys to the game. But up next we go high and tight. The familiar face finally healthy back now off of an arm injury, Rock Stewart. Dodgers reacquired him at the deadline last year, pitched for him a few times, then got hurt.
Speaker 4: Not part of the run in October.
Speaker 6: But he's back, He's healthy and they much needed arm for Dave Roberts in that Dodgers bullpen. We'll hear from Brock Stewart next to leads up to Dodgers and the Braves.
Speaker 4: First pitch is seven ten.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Kayson, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, he's Morongo Casino Dodgers on Tack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and Braves Miguel Rojas World Series.
Speaker 4: Home run bobble ahead.
Speaker 6: Who can forget what Miguel Rojas did with one out in the top half of the ninth inning in Toronto last year, time the game up, sending it to extra innings in Game seven of the World Series. Then will Smith with the go ahead home run as the Dodgers then get.
Speaker 4: The back to back World Series championship.
Speaker 6: The bibble have been and given away as we speak, as we lead you up to im and she and Chris Sale on the Mount Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parler, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast.
Speaker 4: When it's game night, it's group night at shakeys dot Com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 8: It's a great day at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers have returned home for a big homestand seven game homestands starting tonight against the Atlanta Braves.
Speaker 8: And it's great. I have my guy, Rock Stewart.
Speaker 5: Going back to the trade deadline, I know you wanted to be a bigger part of last year, but how does it feel now to be healthy and be able to contribute.
Speaker 8: He's good.
Speaker 13: That's what I'm getting paid to do, so it feels good.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Best team in baseball. Fun to be team, to be a part of a lot of great guys. So to just know that I'm contributing now is huge, and yeah, looking forward to a good year.
Speaker 5: When you were with the Dodgers, you were a starting pitcher. You obviously we know about the changes you made to invest in yourself to become one of the best right handed relievers against right handed hitters. When you look at the way the Dodgers game plan, how different is it from where you were in Minnesota to prepare you for whatever you may encounter when the game starts.
Speaker 13: Not too different. Honestly, I think every team is pretty locked in when it comes to analytics and matchups and scouting reports and all sorts of things like that. Dodgers may be a tick above a lot of teams in that regard, but it's not too fun. It's not too drastic. Of a difference as people may think. You know, everybody's pretty hip to everything nowadays. So but the communication here is great. You know, they tell you to lean on your strengths and that's what a lot of the guys do down there. And no, it's great, the communications great. The feedback is great after every outing, so everybody's on the same page, all pull on the same string to you know, help Dodgers get the wins.
Speaker 5: You know this, brock Stewart, when you first came up, they talked about relievers wanting to know their role, knowing what inning they were going to come into. It seems like the Dodgers were the first to say, we are going to define your roles, but not by innings but by groupings of hitters. Is that still the same mentality, you know, when you're going to be needed.
Speaker 13: Yeah, to a certain extent. I mean, even the other day in Houston, Bardo down on the bullpen, Josh Bard, he pretty much said like, hey'd be ready when this next group of righties comes up. And uh, I don't think it was the next one, but it was it was the following one. So uh yeah, I know, you know I have last year especially had more success against righty's for sure than lefties. But so far, I mean, in the rehab outings, anyway I can help the team, So looking forward to it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no doubt we are too.
Speaker 5: Brock Stewart is back, He's healthy and part of a great Dodger bullpen. Now, I know from talking to other players that are hurt, you kind of feel like an outsider on the team even though you are part of this team. Now that you're back and you're pitching, does it feel like, since when you got traded you got hurt quickly after that, that you're still kind of finding your way with new teammates or do you feel like you've you've found your spot?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean I'm not really necessarily looking for a spot.
Speaker 8: Are you still the new guy? Is what I'm asking. I don't think so.
Speaker 13: I mean never, even right when I got over, I felt, you know, welcomed, and I felt that everybody was, you know, pretty welcoming and had open arms and everything and the open mind. So no, like I said, this is a great group of guys and it wasn't too hard to fit in right when I got traded over last year, And definitely, I mean it's it's been easy.
Speaker 8: I mean I was with them all spring.
Speaker 13: Uh yeah, so I know the guys pretty well and it's a great group of guys. So yeah, I mean, it's just a it's been an easy transition. And I think that's that's has to do with like I said, great group guys, and it's it's it makes it easy when when everybody's a nice human and cares about each other and gets to know each other, and it's not just all focused on baseball. You know, we're not We're not down there in the bullpen's strictly focused on baseball. We're definitely locked in, ready, ready when our name's called. But you know we're friends too, you know we're not just we're not just teammates.
Speaker 8: Okay, So who's your catch partner? Ah, the bullpen catchers.
Speaker 5: Oh geez, doesn't sound like you have many friends if that's your catch partner.
Speaker 13: No, I have a specific like, I have a specific routine. So a lot of the a lot of the other pitchers don't like to play catch with me because I take forever doing Plyo throws before my catch routine, or I'm doing bands too long, or I don't throw enough when I have a baseball in my hand, so I just like to throw the bullpen catchers to to make it easy.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 5: The one thing that hasn't changed the time brock Stewart was with the Dodgers the first time to this time around is when you come off the field, you still put your glove on your hat.
Speaker 8: That's when I know it's brock Stewart. Yeah. I mean it's easy.
Speaker 13: You don't have to carry it, just put it on your hat and your hands are free and you're just chilling.
Speaker 8: It's it's comfortable, all right.
Speaker 5: I know your teammates didn't like me declaring you got the best hair on the team, but I'm sticking by it.
Speaker 13: Hey, man, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 13: I don't know if that's the case with Glass now and a couple other guys on our team, but you know what, I'll take your word for it, and sure do appreciate it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no doubt. That's as far as I'm going with it.
Speaker 5: Yesterday I was talking about Vessie's hands, and now I'm talking about your hair.
Speaker 8: So I'll leave it right there.
Speaker 13: Yeah, just hands and hair, no other body parts, all right, Just keep it right there.
Speaker 8: Dave sounds good.
Speaker 5: Hands above the table, Brock, thanks a lot for the time. Great to see you, and we're looking forward to seeing this version of Brock Stewart.
Speaker 2: All right, sounds good.
Speaker 8: Let's do it. There he is the man.
Speaker 5: Brock Stewart has been our guest and you'll receive a gift card to Capitol Grill.
Speaker 8: Mother's Days just two days away. You better plan.
Speaker 5: Capitol Grill is open all day with a special brunch from ten to two. Be sure to make your reservation. Now send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 4: All right, thanks a lot, DV.
Speaker 6: Great to have Brock Stewart back in that Dodgers bullpen. As we lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Braves. When we come back, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim kas Is the back to back World Cities Champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 7: Know where.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Hit the Dodgers and the Braves on this Friday nights. As we lead you up to first pitch from Uniclo Field to Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 4: Coming up, sevent ten.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 4: Brought to you by her Toyota Dealers.
Speaker 6: We make it easy. Chris Sales made it look easy this year. The big left hand six and one with a two to fourteen e thirty seven years old already, it's been in the league almost two decades. White Sox Red Sox, now his third season with the Braves's finally healthy again. Nine time All Star wolfs So He's Champs Say Young Award winner. Making his eighth start. Six of the ten earned runs that he has given up this season came in a one start against the Angels. In his other six starts, the left tenders a lot of total of four earned runs in thirty eight innings. That's a sub one RRA and every other starts. Last time out, seven hittings, one run, three hits, eleven strikeouts in a win over the Rockies. Making his fifth start, sixth appearance against the Dodgers. He's one and two at the six to sixty five er against them all time. You may remember in twenty eighteen, when he's a member of the Red Sox, he got the final three outs in Game five, the clinching game for the Red Sox in the World Series. Imagean goes for the Dodgers two and one five, twenty three ERA. Twenty six year old right hander, fourth season the big leagues. He is finally healthy after Tommy John surgery kept him out in twenty twenty four, making his seventh start last time out four two thirds, four runs, eight hits, eight strikeouts in a loss.
Speaker 4: To the Cardinals.
Speaker 6: He faced the Braves once in his career twenty twenty three. Four innings, allowed three hits, one run, three walks while striking out six. It's immig Shean do it against Chris Sale, Dodgers, Braves too, the best teams in baseball going at it. We're fifteen minutes away for first pitch keys of the game. Our next I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your Home for the Blue all.
Speaker 6: Season long long, Dodgers and Braves on Miguel Rojas Home Run Bobblehead Night for the first forty thousand in attendance. Image She and Chris tail the pitching matchup as we get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporos. Start great moments. Start with Sapporo beer. Whatever your taste preference. Toporo has you covered with a variety crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers, Soporo, good Wiz Sushi, great with baseball. Before first pitch is head back out to the booth. Charlie Steiner, Rick Mounday, guys.
Speaker 1: Dodgers in the braves.
Speaker 9: It's the first of a three game series, and the Dodgers have a tall order in front of him, six with six inch Chris Sale six and one, two fourteen. This is er emmagen a two and one and a five and a quarter er. It's a very important start for She.
Speaker 2: It's important because the Dodgers with the you know, we've got Blake Snow coming back tomorrow night. What's gonna happen? Because now you're looking at a very crowded starting rotation. Something's got to give. Who's on call? Is this maybe a curtain call? We don't really know. For She and he needs to attack the strength zone.
Speaker 1: It's not going to be easy for the Dodger hitters.
Speaker 9: Chris Sale having a great year I mean he's in that again. We're just a quarter pole end of the season, but in that zy young talk, he's very much part of it.
Speaker 2: Allowed one run or less than six of his seven starts, including Saturday in Denver against the Rockies.
Speaker 9: Two of the best in the National League first place Los Angeles twenty three and fourteen, a game in front of San Diego, the Braves at twenty six and twelve.
Speaker 2: They are eight in front.
Speaker 9: Of Washington in the Eastern Division.
Speaker 8: Why up to the first pitch?
Speaker 2: Coming up?
Speaker 4: All right, first pitch is next.
Speaker 6: We'll keep it eye on that game down at Peco Park as the Padres playhosts to the Saint Louis Cardinals. Again, as Charlie mentioned, Dodgers one game up in the Division. Dodgers getting ready to square off against one of the best teams in baseball. They two one of the best teams in baseball as the two time World Series champions. It's the Dodgers and the Braves next. Don't forget David Veast. Dat's got you covered with all the postgame festivities, including Dodger Talk.
Speaker 4: When this one is over and enjoy it. First pitch is next.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Katson this at the Back to Back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network