Speaker 1: News Radio seven hundred WLW Mike Allen and Saturday midday.
Speaker 2: A beautiful Saturday morning would be a nice weekend. I'd read the weather right.
Speaker 1: Another short show today out of here at eleven because of the UC Iowa State game. You see's really impressing some people three and one and Iowa State is five and oh their fourteenth ranks, So if you see can knock them off, maybe they'll crack the top twenty top twenty five.
Speaker 2: But before I do anything, I would be.
Speaker 1: Remiss if I didn't think and congratulate my beloved Elder Panthers last night beat number one in the state, the Molar Crusaders, always a tough opponent. Elder wins the GCL South title for the first time in a while. This week, Elder was sixth in the state ratings. I don't know that they'll move up to one, but they should move up quite a bit. But congratulations to the Elder Panthers. Big victory at the pit last night. You know, I want to talk to you for a little bit here. Some shocking, at least shocking to me polling that I saw this week with respect to people's opinion about socialism, and it's just it's hard for me to believe when I give you these numbers that they are what they are. But let me give them to you first and we'll talk about it. This is Gallop, and they measured American's opinions of various economic systems, mainly socialism. They started doing this, Gallup did in twenty ten, and they've done it. Let's see repeated the question six times since then. Anyway, Democrats and independence view capitalism less positively this year, each showing eight percentage point declines. In twenty twenty one. For the first time, less than half of Democrats forty two percent, view capitalism positively, while a slight majority of independents fifty one percent still do. Republicans' views not unsurprisingly, about seventy percent support capitalism. But when you get to socialism, I mean, this is what really bothers me. Democrats positive view of socialism. In twenty ten it was fifty percent. It is now sixty six percent of Democrats view socialism positively. And it's yeah, sixty six percent to forty two percent.
Speaker 2: So and it's I don't know if I haven't.
Speaker 1: The numbers of among young people are even worse. It's just it's really disheartening when you see that, and you know, sometimes I ask myself, are we gonna be able to dig ourselves out of this hole?
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 1: Thinking about it, it's not really surprising when you stop to think that the indoctrination.
Speaker 2: Begins now in grade school.
Speaker 1: Used to be high school and then college, but it begins in grade school now, which is not surprising when you have a teachers union, actually two of them, who could give one damn about students and how they're doing at test scores. All they do is get involved in political activity. Randy Weingartner, I think she's the president of the American Federation of Teachers. I have never seen, and I've been doing this for a while, I have never seen a public statement from her that said, well, you know, I'm really shocked about the test scores. We're going down the tubes and all of that. Never but boy, she's there when you want to talk about radical leftist politics. So it's really, I guess, no surprise that these numbers are what they are. These kids they don't know what socialism is, they have no idea, and you know, their professors when you get to the college level, probably high school two are filling their heads with a bunch of crap on it. Here's another just a brief part of a poll May twenty twenty five Cato Institute you gov. That poll found that sixty two percent of Americans aged eighteen to twenty nine have.
Speaker 2: A favorable view of socialism.
Speaker 1: So and again, to repeat what they just said, sixty six percent of Democrats overall have a favorable.
Speaker 2: View of socialism.
Speaker 1: And I think one of the reasons is, as I just said, they don't know what socialism is and they never has and you know, the support of socialism in spite of the fact that it has been tried and it has failed in so many countries. That's the thing that has me and a lot of other people scratching their head. If you want to go down the line. I think the biggest example in my lifetime of a failure of socialism is the Soviet Union when it collapsed in nineteen ninety one, Thank you, Ronald Reagan. After decades of economic stagnation, scarcity, and political repression.
Speaker 2: It just collapsed of its own weight.
Speaker 1: So there would be an example for you, professor, if you dare to teach your kids something like that. East Germany which of course was a Soviet satellite. They're gone now Germany is united. They had all kinds of economic problems. The economy lag behind of course their neighbor then West Germany, and they always had shortages and a lack of freedom, just like the USSR. That fueled dissatisfaction, which led to the reunification in nineteen ninety. Venezuela, which was once the wealthiest nation in South America. Their oil dependent economy collapsed under socialist policies of Hugo Chavez and Nicholas Maduro. Hyperinflation, severe shortages of food and medicine, mass emigration. So probably the best example, going along with the Soviet Union. Ninety miles off of the Florida Coast is Cuba. Since the revolution in nineteen fifty nine, Wen Castro got Batista out of office, it's been a one party socialist state period.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: The pended for years upon the Soviet Union to help them out with food, medicines, things like that. When the Soviet Union collapsed, and actually a couple of years before that, they cut them off, and now they are on their own. And from what everything that I have seen and read, I mean, they are really struggling. So you know, that's another one. Professor, maybe you can teach your students about that. But I ain't going to hold my breath. But again, it's all about indoctrination, in doctrinating these young people to believe that socialism is a good alternative to capitalism, which is just nonsense.
Speaker 2: And I got this.
Speaker 1: From AI view supporting me in doctrination claim, but I agree with it. And you know, just for the hell AI, about ninety percent of the time I find that they give it to you, right, They do give you both sides of which I like, but they've been pretty good. But anyway, they go on to say, some commentators, often from conservative and libertarians think tanks, attribute growing support for socialism to what they see g listen to this as a leftist bias in education in the media. Do you think that exists leftist bias and education in the media. I mean, that's one of the reasons why they talk when they talk about indoctrination. The kids suck it up and they don't get the true story. With respect to the media, there are some that argue that young people receive a bias view of economic systems from the media.
Speaker 2: I think that is absolutely true.
Speaker 1: Education critics claim the education system from high school through college promotes leftist ideas and fails to provide a balanced economic education. I'm going to read that sentence again because that is one thousand percent true. Promotes leftist ideas and fails to provide a balanced economic education. Lack of soft lack of economic understanding. Critics also point to polls showing that many young people cannot accurately define socialism or free enterprise, suggesting their support is based on a superficial understanding rather than a deep knowledge of economic principles. Again, that one is one thousand and one percent true. So I mean, that's what you get, and that's why I think those numbers as are as high as they are, and it should frighten people. I mean, you've got the situation with Mondami. He's going to be New York City's next mayor. You got Minneapolis, the vice president of their city council is a socialist. So you know, again with respect to Mandami, he promises to make workers' lives better by raising the minimum wage to thirty bucks an hour. You know, I want people to make as much money as they can, fast food people, whatever. But that's unworkable. I mean, it's popular, but it's just dumb and it's unrealistic. Last year, you remember this, California demanded that fast food workers be paid at least twenty dollars an hour. Yeah, of course the unions and the politicians cheered that, but and smart people knew this. When the companies have to pay beginners even twenty dollars an hour, they employ fewer people. Pizza Hut they had to lay off twelve hundred people because of it over the next year, while other states add a job. Listen to this, California fast food workers lost jobs.
Speaker 2: Eighteen thousand of them lost jobs.
Speaker 1: So you know, it's a situation where young people think it's good, but when you apply it, maybe not so much. Minneapolis, as I said, the vice president of the Minneapolis Minneapolis City Council is a socialist.
Speaker 2: She has said, where has socialism? Oh?
Speaker 1: She was asked a question where his socialism ever worked? She was silent and interminable nine seconds. Finally she said, I'm doing a fine job representing my community. Question where his socialism ever worked? Response, I'm doing a fine job representing my community.
Speaker 2: There you go. I mean, this person is the vice mayor of a big city. She doesn't know.
Speaker 1: George Will call Umn this to who you haven't heard much from in a long time, he said, And a lot of people feel like this.
Speaker 2: He says.
Speaker 1: He wants Mondami to win because every years we need to experiment and watch it fail. You know, I'm kind of with George Will on this. I mean nothing against New York City, but I mean, you think about it. He wants to give everybody free bus rides. I think free subway rides. That's great, that's fantastic. How are you going to pay for it? New York like California, probably not as bad as California. They're seeing a mass exodus of people. So I guess if that's what he wants and what they want, that's what they're gonna get. But they ought to teach it. They ought to teach it properly. They ought to teach it fairly. But I ain't holding my breath about that at all. Another thing that really got under my crawl this week that I wanted to talk to you about that is the situation with the DHS Secretary of Christian I don't know if you saw this or not.
Speaker 2: This just shows you the pettiness of the left.
Speaker 1: She was actually blocked from using a bathroom at an Illinois government building while all this stuff is going on. So, I mean, that's how petty the left can be. You know, they're going to prevent her from using the restroom because they don't like her. And boy, if you're watching that mess out in Portland, that's not getting any better, that's only getting worse. I mean, it's just it's a bad situation out there, and it's a situation where, you know, cops, the Portland Police apparently are not covering over on runs that the Ice agents have, you know, dangerous runs sometimes, and that runs just the antithesis of what cops do. I mean, cops back up cops, whether it's your department or another department. But they have been ordered by their administration, by the mayor.
Speaker 2: Not to do that.
Speaker 1: And that's not good. I mean, obviously it's not good. It's not good for the police, it's not good for the public. I mean, it's real simple. I don't know, maybe it's too simple. We have a federal law that prohibits trespassing into our country, period, full stop, and it's been on the books for a long time, so we've got that law, we have an agency, a federal agency, to enforce that law.
Speaker 2: That's ICE.
Speaker 1: And now you have a situation where cops, Portland cops, will not go to the aid of a fellow police officer. I know, you know, they're not called ICE agents, are not called police officers, but they are police officers. They're enforcing the law. That's a pretty sad state of affairs. And I would love to talk individually it is some of those Portland cops and see what they think about it. Something tells me that they're probably none too happy, because again, it's want to rule one for being a police officer on the street. You back up your buddies, you back up your fellow officers. But you know, not in the age that we're in now. I mean everything has been stood on its head, and watching some of that stuff out in Portland, Antifa is rumored to be at the bottom of it. Trump is trying to put together a situation where a conspiracy you can charge them with a federal conspiracy. I'm sure the Justice Department is looking at it. But you know, when the left doesn't get what they want, they riot. When we don't get what we want, you know what. We may take it to court, but we when's the last time? When's did you ever see a group of conservatives rioting about anything? I mean, the obvious answer is you haven't because they don't. But again, the rules don't apply to many on the left.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I apologize for the kind of disjointed ramp this morning. Didn't have a lot of time, But I mean, the main thing I'm taken away from it is these young people that are saying they support socialism. Somebody, somehow, somewhere has got to teach them, number one, what socialism is and number two give them examples, the myriad examples where it has failed. But I'm not going to hold my breath on that anyway. That's what I think. I want to know what you think. Seven four nine, seven thousand, one, eight hundred, the big one are the numbers.
Speaker 2: Mike got nine thirty nine thirty.
Speaker 1: Six News Radio seven hundred ufter year w Mike Allen Saturday Midday got a short show for you. As I said, we're out of here at eleven because of the uc Iowa State game. At ten o'clock, we're going to talk to Attorney James Bogan. He's going to fill us in on some really good developments on men pretending to be women in women's sports that's going our way. Probably ask him two about p Diddy and the Komi indictment. And at ten thirty the final REDS Report of the year with davidy armbrus here. Meantime, I want to get as many of these calls that I can. Who do we go to first? Let's talk to Thomas in Villa Hills. Hey, good morning, Thomas, Hey.
Speaker 4: Good morning Michael.
Speaker 5: Thanks for taking the call.
Speaker 4: My pleasure a little bit, Leary, and I want your opinion on the House Republicans and the Senate Republicans. It doesn't seem like they're doing much up there. I don't see any great movements on any Trump's executive orders. I'm kind of leery like they just kind of want the status quote because they don't want to upset the applecart that much, and they're more politicians than they are Republicans, And.
Speaker 5: I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 3: What do you think is going on up there?
Speaker 1: Well, let me ask you what would you have them do? What are they not doing that you think they should be.
Speaker 4: I would have some immigration some of these executive orders looked at turning in.
Speaker 3: The falls without a doubt.
Speaker 6: Well knocks like Trump's doing it all.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: I think what you're saying is, let's just take immigration. It would be better if he didn't have to do that through executive orders, but it's not politically feasible for him to do it at this time.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know the budget. I know they're going back and forth over.
Speaker 1: That, but you know, to me, that's one thing that's real simple. The Democrats want a ton of money to give to illegal immigrants for medical costs, and Republicans say no, they don't want to do it.
Speaker 4: Well, it seems it seems to me like they almost would want to lose the mid terms. They can go back to status quo and not hit and much pressure on them to solve this, and.
Speaker 6: They can have an excuse like, well, you know, it's.
Speaker 3: Kind of a split House and Senate and we just can't.
Speaker 6: Do do what we need to do right now.
Speaker 4: It is a perfect opportunity for them to stand up for the Americans and get something done here, and I just don't see it happening from re elected representatives.
Speaker 3: It's kind of milk toast.
Speaker 6: It's kind of status quo.
Speaker 3: That's what I see. No, it had done very little.
Speaker 1: I appreciate your point of view. I mean, we do have a majority in the House, but just barely. And the tradition is the party in power will lose seats two years after a presidential election. I hope that doesn't happen, obviously, and we do have a pretty solid majority in the Senate, not sixty votes, which would be great.
Speaker 2: But I understand what you're saying. I got a ton of calls here.
Speaker 6: Let me each you one other thing.
Speaker 4: Sure, if we don't fight back at all with all these democratic, riotous tactics and we just keep taking it, isn't it just going to continue? Don't we have any eat, any strength, any backbone. I'm not saying we hit the riot, but right if we're throwing them up front, we're going to do nothing about you know, we're not gonna write, We're just gonna let you have your way.
Speaker 3: When does that stuff?
Speaker 1: Well, let me do this. I'll answer your question. I appreciate your call. I got to get to some of these other calls, though. You know, from my point of view where I sit, I think things are going pretty good right about now, and there's really. One reason and one reason only for that is because our president has a pair of you know what, he doesn't care. I mean, he's going to do an executive order. If you don't like it, take it to court. If it's illegal, you know, it'll be dealt with in the court system. So I understand what he's saying. I mean, I'd like to see people do more. I mean, if we could ever get sixty senators to break the filibuster, we'd be in great shape.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think things are going pretty well, but I agree with them on one point. The midterms are crucial. We have to keep the majority and beef it up in the house. Hey, let me talk to let me talk to Barry in Miamisburg.
Speaker 7: Hey, how's it going today?
Speaker 2: I'm good man.
Speaker 6: What you got It's a beautiful day.
Speaker 7: I've got two things for you.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: Positive note, Even the younger twenty crowd knows that they're getting screwed by the education system. Do they got screwed?
Speaker 2: Berry? Do you really believe that?
Speaker 1: And if you do, and I think you probably do, tell me why because I sure ain't seeing that.
Speaker 2: I would hope that's the case, But why do you think that.
Speaker 7: Let me let me give you an example. Yesterday, as I was buying lunch at a local fish house that I won't name. Okay, some of the workers in the back line area, we're making jokes about lack of reading ability and laughing at it being because they want to the public schools. Really, yeah, I mean there comes a point where you know you were given eleven and there's nothing else you can call it.
Speaker 6: You know what.
Speaker 1: I hope you're right. I really do you know parents to what their kids are being taught. I'm sorry, go ahead, that's.
Speaker 3: Not all of them, I grant you, But you know they.
Speaker 7: Were laughing about it like it was a comedy routine, and yeah, they realized that something ain't right here.
Speaker 1: I hope you're right about that. I guess in the coming years we'll see. But boy, those numbers are frightening.
Speaker 2: I think they are.
Speaker 7: But you know there are nuggets of hope out there.
Speaker 2: I agree, you know, I agree. We just got to keep going.
Speaker 7: How do you pick the broken Jack Lanner?
Speaker 2: What? What was that you?
Speaker 7: How do you a broken Jack Lanner?
Speaker 2: Boy? You got me on that one.
Speaker 7: Here's a pumpkin patch.
Speaker 1: Very good and it was clean thanks, Berry, appreciate the call. That was pretty good. Let me talk to Jeff and Zenia. Hey Jeff, good morning, Hey.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Mike.
Speaker 7: How you doing.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to back up your idea.
Speaker 3: Just go through the Wall Street journals last week and on Monday they.
Speaker 8: Talked about the rise of the young socialists and what they said was dated back to was a two thousand and eight financial crisis about how that left a very lasting impression on people that were just coming into.
Speaker 3: The workforce as well as looking to buy houses.
Speaker 5: And when the house is.
Speaker 8: Tanked because of various reasons which are still unknown, that's where the socialism movement got.
Speaker 2: A big push.
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny you mentioned that because I get the Wall Street Journal. I read that exact story too, and I don't know. I mean, if that's the reason that they're attracted to socialism, you know, the economy is up and down and they need to look at the bigger picture. But I mean, you know what high school, college aged kid is going to go out of their way to do it.
Speaker 2: You gotta get it at the kitchen table. I mean, absolutely true.
Speaker 8: But you know, the one question that I've always asked when I've never been able to get it answered. Is you know when all those people with the ninja loans and all these people that basically got loans that shouldn't had to have PMI. When you have PMI, basically that covers you know, the banks from losing money if you default on your loan. Right, if everybody had PMI, why was there a problem?
Speaker 2: That's a really good question. I don't know the answer to it.
Speaker 5: You know, I don't either.
Speaker 8: I've never been able to get it either.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you ever like google it, you know what AI I think is pretty good. If AI can't give you an answer and they present both sides of the story too.
Speaker 3: I'll give him a shot.
Speaker 5: Hey, great show, Michael. Lets you get to other people.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot, Okay, Jeff, thank you. All right, let's talk to Steve. Hey, Steve, what you got man?
Speaker 6: Hey, Mike, what do you think of that p did he verdic?
Speaker 3: What you think he was fair?
Speaker 2: I think the verdict was fair, frankly.
Speaker 1: I mean, from what I saw, I'm surprised he wasn't convicted on more. He got four years yesterday. I think he's got about a year locked up or something like that. Credit judge has to give him credit for that. So if that's accurate, he'll be doing three years. And from what I read in one account, I forget which one he had scheduled. I don't know if concerts or whatever. He scheduled stuff for like next month because he didn't think he was going to go to jail.
Speaker 2: He thought he'd get time served. Well he didn't.
Speaker 1: Just the horrific things that all you need to do to know about that guy is just look at the video of him beaten the living daylights out of that woman in the hall. So I have no sympathy for him. He's going to be a guest of the federal government for a while, and I think that's appropriate.
Speaker 6: I got a question for you, Mike, Yeah, well what about to shut down? What do you think of no end?
Speaker 1: You know what, I don't know. It's kind of a game of scare down now. But to me looking at it, it comes down to one thing, and I think you'll get at least a lot of Republicans telling you this one thing. The Democrats want to pay. I don't have the figure in front of me, billions of dollars for through I guess Obamacare for medical cost for illegal immigrants. The Republicans do not want that in there, they don't want to pay for it. Of course, the Democrats are doing their slight hand on it. And if that's the case, the Republicans need to hold out, and I kind of think they are. And I think the Democrats, especially Schumer, are looking real bad on this thing. And probably the number two reason and that this should not be a reason for it, is Chucky Schumer. He's got Aoz breathing down his neck in New York.
Speaker 2: I think she's gonna blow him away.
Speaker 1: And you know, he's got a cozy up to his radical left.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's just my thoughts on it.
Speaker 6: Steve Yes, sir, thank you, Mike.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think the Republicans win the pr war on this one. You know, I don't know how much farther it's gonna go. Hopefully they'll get it done this week. But you know what, and this might sound selfish, but since the government has shut down, it hasn't affected my life at all. I mean, the federal government shutting down. I mean what I think of think of all the money that they're gonna save, and it kind of he opens things for doge to go in and look for savings. Yeah, and I like when they say only essential workers have to come to work. Well, you know what is an essential worker?
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think so far in a PR battle, we're winning, not by much and the Democrats are losing. But we'll have to see. Hey, let's talk to Frank. Hey, Good morning, Franky.
Speaker 3: Hey, Mike, how you doing.
Speaker 6: I haven't talked to you in a while, sir, Thanks for calling, absolutely so I in true form. You all just have such great conversations. You have great callers. I could speak about a million things with you. But taking it back to this ignorance of socialism, I couldn't agree with you more. I think the country as a whole is kind of confused about what this means. So I'm wondering why you and other Republican pundits aren't shouting at the sky with the government taking a ten percent share of Intel like Trump did, or taking a share in the lithium a mining company like they are. Or it looks like soybean farmers are getting crushed with his tariff.
Speaker 3: And if you.
Speaker 6: Remember from Trump one point zero, the same thing happened. Farmers were getting killed so we cut them a huge check billions of dollars. Why aren't we yelling about socialism when Trump does it? Because that's a socialist policy.
Speaker 2: And what was your first one that you talked about? Intel?
Speaker 6: We have a ten percent stake in Intel.
Speaker 1: Now you know what, I don't agree with that. I'm sorry, I don't. I mean, we don't need to be involved in that stuff. And I know Trump.
Speaker 6: Where is the outrage about socialism? When Trump does it? There's no outrage whatsoever. It's crickets but anything. It's Oh, he's a genius what he did, He's a business genius.
Speaker 2: What do you want us to do? Frank, get it in the streets and riot like the other side. Does you know? No?
Speaker 1: I rank Sorry, listen, you'll never get that out of a liberal ever.
Speaker 2: I said, I think it's wrong to do that. I do.
Speaker 1: But if you weigh it out with the other things he's done, that scale goes way down. I mean, on the side of the good things that he's done. I get it, well, I get it, And there has been some squealing about it.
Speaker 6: But not only you're you're you're you're a free market capitalist. But aren't tariffs The antithesis of capitalism, of free market capitalism.
Speaker 2: They are.
Speaker 6: I don't the protectionist policy. It's protectionist. I don't believe that are all people to get from certain things.
Speaker 1: Well, why shouldn't we have other countries be equal to us with respect to tariffs?
Speaker 6: I don't understand the archaistic it's a tax on us. Tariffs are attacks on citizens, not on to anybody else. We're the ones that pay that it triples down to us.
Speaker 1: Well, this is the first time I've heard the argument that tariff's I know a lot of people don't like him. I get that, but that they're socialism, So you know, I don't know.
Speaker 6: One more, one more point. I know you've got a lot of callers, but you said you know our side never right. It's all points you in one specific January January six.
Speaker 2: Give me another one, will you please?
Speaker 6: Well, how about the one when our capital was attacked because sore losers didn't like?
Speaker 2: Another one? Frank, you can't get.
Speaker 6: The worst one in the history of the country. It's the only time our capital is the uh crap smeared on the walls and they all got they all got part of officer.
Speaker 1: Listen to me again. I'll tell you I hated that. I hated watching that, but it was one occasion when you got numerous occasions with the other sides.
Speaker 2: I do appreciate the call, I really do.
Speaker 6: Thanks Mike.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you. Let's talk to uh Keegan. Hey, good morning, Kagan, Hey, good morning. Thanks for staying my call.
Speaker 6: I'm calling to respond to the previous caller that just got off the line. Yeah, numerous things.
Speaker 3: That are out of day.
Speaker 6: First off, with regards to J six, I love the lack of momentary of the now exposed two hundred and seventy five FBI eight and somewherebted and all of that. Plus you have numerous people on the right and even the middle that were immediately decrying all of it, alongside with the left. So it was obviously a ridiculous thing on its face, and you're getting no argument from that. Meanwhile, all the BLM riots went, you know, completely unnoticed. I guess when two billion dollars worth of damage was done to property all around the United States. The other thing is with regards to tiff Now, I'm no fan. I'm a small business owner which deals with product on both the domestic and international fronts. You know, he's mentioning the soybean argument as if it's not directly affected by China, who is, in all intents and purposes, our enemy. It's a reality. They steal our ip left and right. It's not like we're dealing with like Certainly, of course people on the right are, you know, pro capitalism and free market capitalism. But that conversation ends when you're one dealing with an adversary and two dealing with an adversary that is also not capitalistic and is stealing our property left and right. So I think it's completely out of base and intentionally, it's almost like guilt biomission. It's intentionally ignoring crucial facts that doesn't paint the full picture.
Speaker 1: Well, that sounds like what the left does. Thank you for the call, Kegan, I really do tears. Okay, well I'll tell you what he picked me up on that one, and everything that he said is right with respect to Jay six.
Speaker 2: I watched that.
Speaker 1: I was urinated off at obviously the people there and Trump too.
Speaker 2: I mean I hated it.
Speaker 1: But when I asked him about three times, okay, give me another one, Well there isn't because that's not what we do anyway, Well, I got a lot of other calls, but again, short show, so we got to take a break. When we get back, we're going to talk to Attorney James Bogan. Now, what's going on in some recent victories in the whole war of men or women pretending men pretending to be women in women's sports.
Speaker 2: We'll do that when we get back. Mike.
Speaker 6: Cincinnati football Fans, Regular Contracting is running the ultimate combo play Bundle your.
Speaker 2: New roof with seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Mike Allen with hour two, which is the final hour today Saturday midday because of the UC game.
Speaker 2: I am out of here in eleven.
Speaker 1: Hey, I tell you what, there's some good news continues to be good news on the whole situation with men pretending to be girls in girls sports. Here to talk about it is a guy that keeps up on it talking about Attorney James Bogan. You can hear him. He's on this channel quite a bit, and he is a podcast. It is a really good podcast called Past the Clock. I know you can get it on iHeart, and I'm sure you can get it on other platforms. James, thanks for calling in this morning.
Speaker 3: Mike, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Hey, let's start with Bostock versus Clayton County, which is a twenty twenty United States Supreme Court case. They kind of looked at that and not made changes, but kind of clarified some things.
Speaker 2: Is that accurate?
Speaker 3: That was the case that the Auto Pen Administration and wrongly interpreted to say, hey, this means guys should be allowed in girls' sports. But if you look at the plain language of this opinion, the court expressly stated this only applied to discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity and nothing else in the workplace. Right, And they're saying they specifically stated it doesn't apply to bathrooms, locker rooms, or anything else of the kind. It only applies to employment discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity, and nothing else. Now, I don't know how you could read the opinion in plain English and think it says, hey, you should allow guys in girls' sports.
Speaker 1: Well, you know how the left is and their attorneys are the same way. They'll take any interpretation they can to quote unquote win.
Speaker 2: When do you think they'll.
Speaker 3: Interpret two plus two equals sixth that it fits their purposes?
Speaker 1: When do you think they'll rule on the marriage of the case, or had they already done.
Speaker 3: So no, they already did that. That's just the case for the background, right. But you know what you've got here. We've got two big things going on right now. We've got that lawsuit by Riley Gaines and the nineteen other plaintiffs that was filed in federal court in Atlanta last year that just got past a significant hurdle, along with that other case that the Supreme Court just took in July about law in Idaho in West Virginia that banned guys from girls' sports.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this. You mentioned the Riley Gaines case.
Speaker 1: I saw that too, James, tell my listeners what happened there, and I guess it was a small loss, but a pretty big win in other ways.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a big win overall. Because the Title nine claims against the NCAA's stay, they can go forward. The plans can go forward on those because the judge, who by the way, is an auto pen appoint he said that the plaintiffs have plausibly alleged that the NCAA receives federal financial assistance and is therefore subject to the requirements that Title nine. But some other stuff got dropped, like saying that they have not plausibly alleged a violation of right to privacy. That's for the guys and girls locker rooms part, and some other stuff, I mean, the title nine stuff, that's the meat of it, right, But the main goals of this lawsuit are to keep guys out of girls sports and girls locker rooms and mandatory gender testing because the NCAA does not have gender testing, And contrary to the what the left says saying it's gonna be invasive genital exams, it's actually nothing more than a cheek swab maybe a blood test to test for chromosomes. They don't look at anybody's junk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, And I'm glad you clarified that part.
Speaker 1: It's just a situation where they're gonna twist anything to fit with their narrative. But it looks like that one is going to come to fruition at the Supreme Court at some point, I mean, on the full case.
Speaker 3: Eventually, Yes, it will.
Speaker 2: Do you have any idea when, uh?
Speaker 3: No, I mean right now, it's still in the trial phase, so it's gonna take some years. But you have that Idaho in wet'st Virginia protecting women's sports laws that are the Supreme Court just took. And the funny thing is the plaint if in the Idaho case is now trying to dismiss her if. They're trying to dismiss their case pretty much because they know they're going to get their rear ends whooped when they when they're in front of the Supreme Court.
Speaker 1: YEP, I get that. Hey, James, I ask you this question every time I talk to you. Are we still winning this battle? It sure sounds like we are.
Speaker 3: We are winning this I mean. The thing. The bottom line, though, is here's the underpinning that the far left is trying to make everybody forget. When guy someone goes through puberty as a male, they gain certain permanent advantages that don't go away from hormones and blockers. Yeah, bigger muscles, bigger long capacity, bigger frame, stronger tenants, stronger ligaments, more muscle density, and you see my better have. Shannon Campbell, she does bodybuilding. If she was to start taking steroids, she wouldn't get anywhere near to where I am. Because if women take steroids, they don't suddenly become as good as men. That's where you have to Title nine violation. But if men start taking hormones, then they don't beat their ability does not regress down the level of women. Men's and women's performances differences about ten to twelve percent. And is you've heard me mentioned before? Leah Thomas's time in the two hundred yard freestyle only regressed by two point six six percent after a year of hormones and blockers, went from being number four hundred and sixty five mon college men to number one mon college women. I mean, imagine if I decided to get on stage and compete against Shannon and her bodybuilding competition.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you what, James, Can I tell you something? I think she probably I think she probably could take you. She could tell you or me together.
Speaker 3: I think, oh, you know what all she needs to do to kick our butts is start singing and we're done. Remember I told you Persne's medieval torture, I'll put I'll add this to it. You know how will Ealy jokes about harambe right, if Harambi had not been shot dead that faithful day, Shannon would have killed him with her singing, and we'd be saying Shannon Campbell killed Harambe.
Speaker 2: Hey, buddy, you're gonna get it when you get home. You know you better watch.
Speaker 3: Oh I gave her a head up, but yeah, she's still gonna kill me, and you know what, I deserve it.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: Hey, let's move on too. We are gonna talk about the Komy indictment. I'll tell you one thing, James, and I'll ask you if you agree, this is, without question, the shortest federal indictment that I have ever seen. I mean, I guess it's not they didn't take it to the grand jury. I guess it's in the nature of a complaint two pages. Have you ever seen a federal case in anything that is only two pages long in a criminal case?
Speaker 3: Might every drug case I've had in federal course been a lot longer than this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think it seemed to me there's probably merit to it, James, But I mean, do you think they'll be able to prove this thing beyond a reasonable doubt?
Speaker 3: You know what they have to focus on the nuts and bolts. Did he lie to set the Senate Judiciary Committee? And if the answer is yes, focus on those nuts and bolts clear through the smoke screen that the defense is gonna do. I mean, here's here's the funny thing. Komy has always urged prosecuting high level perjury cases. Remember he was the lead prosecutor in Martha Stewart's case, and he's basically now taking the approach rules for thee but not for me. And this thing totally centers around the fact that he lied to Congress about his role in promoting the Russian collusion hopes, where he was pretty much the one who spearheaded it after and you saw evidence of that, more evidence of that from that document dump that Tulca Gabbert did a couple months back that basically showed that Comy was completely spearheading this thing. He's like, I don't care what your investigation says we have. We're dissenting from these findings quote based on some new guidance. The new guidance was wanting to get Trump.
Speaker 1: It's obvious to anyone that has ever looked into this, and even superficially. But again, I just worry about proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Let me ask you this, where's the venue for this? Is it DC or somewhere Virginia somewhere or do you know.
Speaker 3: It's in Virginia. I think, yeah, that it was that that that's the US Attorney's office that's taking it.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's better than DC, you know what, still not friendly, I don't think, you know what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're the prosecutors. They're gonna need to focus on the nuts and bolts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it is pretty simple.
Speaker 1: I mean, but again, getting twelve to agree on it, and obviously, obviously I hope the man is convicted because he deserves it, you know. And another thing, James, I don't expect you to comment on this unless you want to, because as a lawyer, maybe I shouldn't say it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I heard somebody talking about these things one time and says the process is the punishment. I mean, normally I wouldn't say that. But and another, I mean, politics is about payback. It's a big part of it. I don't know if you want to comment on that, fine, if you will, Well.
Speaker 3: There is something be said about the idea. I'm not going to sit there and say you should prosecute him because the process is punishment. That's completely improper. But just simple maths. Nobody likes being put through the process. Just ask our president.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really, you know, and that's the thing. And I agree with you from a lawyer's point of view on that. But I mean, you think about all the crap they put Donald Trump through, and I get a kick out of every time one of them starts squealing about something like this. I mean, go back four years, Hell, go back twelve years. And yeah, you peached the man twice. Obviously the Senate didn't convict and lord knows how many other criminal cases in civil cases. So from a citizen's point of view, James Bogan, they're getting what they deserve. I mean, I'm not saying that as a lawyer though, but anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me put it this way. I'm not exactly wringing my hands about this.
Speaker 1: But very very very well put Hey, let's talk about mister p Diddy. Yesterday, the judge gave him four years. I don't think he thought that he was going to prison or back to prison. I think he thought that he was going to get time served. I saw some reports somewhere James, within the last day or so where he had gigs and all kinds of so called important stuff up set up pretty close to when he would have gotten out if the judge did give him time served. I don't know that he gets it yet, but I don't know your thoughts on.
Speaker 3: That that is complete where it was completely idiotic on his part. Alan Dershwitz waited on this too, saying it was a slap in the face and he couldn't imagine. I couldn't imagine anything more stupid to do before sentencing.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: That's just like when you tell a client these are the things you do not say or do before sentencing, and they go, gee, I think I'll do all of them, and then wonder why they got it work sentence. Now, overall, his sense of fifty months, which he'll probably he could get up to fifteen percent off and be out by April twenty twenty eight is still relatively not a bad sentence. I mean, the prosecutors were arguing for eleven years to try to save Faith for blowing around ten million of our tax dollars for what was basically a glorified state prostitution case. And the arguments they used that's sentencing about how bad he is and so on for the with based on the evidence they presented, which no doubt did he's a dirt bag, okay, but you don't convict because someone is a dirt bag. And those arguments clearly didn't sway the jury on the more serious counts, but they open up the door for the defense to have one of issue on appeal saying that the court considered a quitted conduct. I mean the court can also I mean the defense can also argue improper guideline calculation, because I bet some months back I might have told you this, Mark garrett Goes, by the way, whose daughter was on the defense game, Mark gerrat Goes, being h you know, one of the biggest names in our profession. He had calculated something to maybe about a year and a half or so. And that's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: Of it.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, that's somewhere in that range. Yeah, he was calculating something like that. And you know, but I have a hard time, would have a hard time believing that the judge did not consider that. Did he arrange these stupid speaking engagements. He should have been focusing on showing remorse. Yeah, the only thing he should have been focusing on.
Speaker 1: You know, And you described probably the most I guess agreedious thing with defense attorneys visa VI their clients when you tell them that don't do this. Don't do that, you'll piss the judge off. Don't do this, and they do it anyway, then they squeal when they don't get what they thought they should have gotten.
Speaker 2: It's just very frustrating.
Speaker 3: Oh you know, I'll just go out in a personal store on that. A couple of years ago, I had a client in Warren County who they had a gun case and he fired it and he's sitting there saying stuff like he was happy with what he did, and he was playing to get another gun and basically completely put his foot in his mouth, topped his wing into prison. And even my lock up client who was at the defense table what I got done, was watching us think that was horrible. But even another inmate says, you're horrible. It's like, you know how bad it is.
Speaker 1: I mean again, they pay you a good coin for doing that. They ought to listen to what the heck that you say I did? Here mentioned this morning on some report that he's planning on appealing. You mentioned James Bogan. You can appeal the guideline calculation. And just for listeners who don't know the federal guidelines in a federal criminal case, there are guidelines that the court. When it first came out, they were mandatory. They are now advisory, but they're still important. What do you think about the chances of appeal on that issue in any other issue?
Speaker 3: You know what, I'm take a look and see what happens, because overall, he got a pretty good sentence.
Speaker 2: He sure did. I think he sure did.
Speaker 1: He got to take that four years and run and again, I think he was locked up about a year, wasn't he.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and yeah, with the time off for good behavior, he could be in for only maybe another two and a half years.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you what. They don't think that way. And you know, the guy, the guy dodged a big old bullet. And you know, sometimes you just got to shut up and take what you're what you're given when it's obviously a fair and, if anything, a light sentence.
Speaker 2: But I appreciate your should.
Speaker 3: He should stop buying baby oil and mass quantity too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's probably got a lot left he can bring to prison with him, though.
Speaker 2: James appreciates your playing in with us.
Speaker 1: Bill.
Speaker 3: Well, you're certainly welcome, Mike. It's always a privilege.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, thank you, Mike.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, James, Bogan talking about P Diddy's case. You know, I mean, the guy got off pretty darn light, so he ought to quit his whining and complaining do his time. I don't know what kind of setup he's got up in prison there, but federal prisons. I'll tell you what I've been in federal and local, not local state prisons. They are compared to a state prison. It's like the holiday inn. So he probably ain't hurting too bad in there. Hey, we got to take a break butt when we get back. The last Reds report of the season with our man David he Armbusher. Got a lot of questions for you, and we'll do that when we get back. Mike Allen seven hundred WLW. Hey we're back Mike Allen, Saturday midday. Well, obviously, the red season ended this week with two playoff losses to the LA Dodgers. Just to give you an idea of how they did, and this is according to a the batting stats for the playoffs, Reds hit two fifty their batting average eleven hits at sixty four at bats. With respect to pitching, I think it was a lot better than that, but I wasn't able to check it. Anyway here to talk about it as our guy for all things Cincinnati Reds.
Speaker 2: David Dye, Arm Brewster, yid your thoughts.
Speaker 5: It's a bummer that had ended the way it ended. It really is, because they had a good season and then you go into LA and you get beat and you know, both games were decided before the game was even halfway old. That was that's the meat, just the bummer part of it that they couldn't you know, couldn't score enough early to keep that game in check, either one of them, you know, and it just it's it kind of hurts. I was really disappointed with the out hunter green Head. Yeah, you know, you only end up going three innings and giving up five runs and three home runs, and those were just killers. You know, the lead off home run to o Tiny That doesn't bother me. That's fine, it's going to happen. But then he gives up too in the next inning or the third inning, whatever it was, and it just that just took the air out of the balloon right there.
Speaker 2: Do you think it was butterflies? He was nervous?
Speaker 5: I hope not. I mean, that guy's pitched in a you know, he's getting paid a lot of money for a reason, right, I think I think everybody that goes in there, as I would imagine, it's a little bit nervous. But after you throw that first pitch, all that stuff better go away, or you know, you're not a professional.
Speaker 3: So I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't think it was that. I don't. I guess you know, his pitches where where they can hit him, basically, So you know, that was just that was just disappointed. Tell that a little better than night next night, but still, you know, not enough. You got to hold that lead, especially given the fact that the Dodgers' bullpen is not very good. I don't think this team's that team's going to go along and as good as they can hit, that bullpen is very hittable, and the Reds proved that in that first game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, you look at the twenty twenty five season stats.
Speaker 2: Not too bad.
Speaker 1: Pitching, well, that's not that good. Eighty three seventy nine wait minute stopped. Oh, they finished one to eighty three, lost seventy nine, fourteen games behind the Brewers. Okay, the ninth, the twenty twenty five batting average, two forty five, sixteen home runs, they're twenty first out of thirty on that one hundred and sixty six home runs six hundred and seventy seven RBIs right in the middle of the pack.
Speaker 2: But pitching, this won't surprise anybody.
Speaker 1: They were twelve out of the thirty teams with a three point eighty six ERA. And you know that pitching staff is strong.
Speaker 5: It is strong. It is strong. What it is not is healthy. I mean, if those guys would stay healthy the entire season, every one of them, Hunter Green missed whatever two months, Habitt was out for a little bit, Lodolo had the problem on his on his index finger. Brady Singer, he was the star because he's the one that went, you know, the longest, in the deepest, in every game. You pitched a lot of it and he didn't miss a start. And those end up, man, when you're when you're starting pitchers are missing you know, three or four, five, six starts. That's a lot considering you're only you know, if you're if you're healthy the whole season, you're only throwing thirty two games anyway, So I mean, you know, you knocked that number down by five or six and that hurts the team. And I think that was part of it. I really do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, the blogs are real busy.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Francona has taken some hits by using lodolo in relief on Sunday, So I guess that would have eliminated him as being the starter in game two. I mean, does that make any sense to you? And I have no complaints about.
Speaker 6: Now I have.
Speaker 5: I have no complaints either, because you have to win the game Sunday. You know you you worry about tomorrow tomorrow. You don't worry about tomorrow today if you have to win this game. So I have no complaints with that. I mean I've heard something where why didn't he keep lodolo in and at Uh? I can't remember first or second game when and he was pitching, well well, I mean he pitched the day before, so maybe that are two days before. Maybe that's the reason I can tell you this. I'm not questioning uh every move Hanry Francona.
Speaker 3: Uh pass.
Speaker 5: The guy has two World Series rings on for a reason. You know there there is, So I'm not going to nitpick on every one thing.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: The bottom line to all this Reds need better players, Mike, They need better players, especially offensively.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: If you if you want to compete. You saw how deep uh the uh Dodgers are. Now they're never going to get that deep because they don't have that kind of money. But boy, you got to have some depth, and you got to have some guys that can that can hit the balls. And the one home run or the home runs that you mentioned twenty first, twenty first out of thirty teams in the Great American Ballpark, that's that's sinful. You got to be better than that, exactly, have to. They have got somebody that can put the ball over the fence.
Speaker 2: And we've talked about that odd infin item.
Speaker 1: I mean, what do you see this team doing over the break before we go back on opening Day?
Speaker 2: Is there anyone out there?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: I think there's people out there. I mean, I think you can get some of those maybe some of those young hairs. If you look at like the the the Athletics. Boy, they got some nice young bats on that team, and they could use some pitching. And you know you're going to have to. It's the old saying you got to give up something to get something, and I am. I am fine with them trading one of the starters. I mean, my guess is it's I would probably Hunter Green. He's probably gonna bring you the most, So do you do that maybe.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you can get enough for him. I hate to see him go.
Speaker 1: He seems like a real fine young man and he's got a hell of a future, I think, despite what we saw in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: But you got to give up quality to get quality.
Speaker 5: There's no question. And I think that that has to happen with this team. And uh, you know you're gonna You're probably gonna lose Nick Martinez, he's one of them. I think Lattel is probably a free agent as well. So you're gonna are going to lose some starters in there, and then you got a factor in the injuries. I mean, I know we talked about it when Abbott struggled in the second half, when Lott Dola was down. You really you can't have enough starting pitching. So maybe they think otherwise, Maybe they think they can't afford to get rid of Hunter Green or one of the other starters. But I mean, you've got to score some You can't win if you don't score rounds, and this team has to have some power.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Speaking of the blogs too, there's one from my think Thursday. It is in the blog red Machine Drew Cook six Reds players who definitely won't be back in twenty twenty six, and he lists, let's see, I want to make sure I get it right here. He lists Nick Martinez is one, Santiago Espinal, Zach Lttel. Who are the other ones here? Sam Maul, Austin Hayes, and Wade Miley. Your thoughts on that? Yeah, do you see those guys going?
Speaker 5: I think that. I think that's fairly accurate. Wade Miley may stick around, you know, that might be a mutual thing because the Reds did give him a chance to come back and gave him a second life, and you know, sat through his Tommy John surgery that he had as a brewer, so that he may be around. I'm not sure about that. The other ones. For sure, Martinez is gone. I think Amelia Pagan is gone. Oh personal, and because I I'm not sure his contracts that is. But I think he is a free agent. I think he might be one of them that is out of here. Now. We'll we'll wait and see. We'll know soon enough. I mean, it's not going to be very you know, a long way off, and they know what's going to happen, and I and I would hope that they make some of these deals. If they're going to go out and try to get a bat day, you know, it's not the last minute thing that when they get down there for the general managers meetings whenever that is in early December. I guess I think you go and go down there and make some moves. And I also think that Terry Francine is going to have a bit have a big hand and a big say and what they do in the off season, because you know, he's seen this team now for a year. You see him turned the course of his season kind of molded into what he wants, and I think that's just going to continue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, they're crazy if they don't get his input into all that stuff. I mean, if you're looking for bright spots, and I think there were a lot of them this year, him being at the Helm is probably the biggest one. I you know, I'm not smart enough to guess second guess him on calls. I would never do that, but sure seems like he had the pieces put together the right way, don't you.
Speaker 5: Think, Oh I do during the course of the year. I mean, he made so many moves that, you know, during this little things, but you know, you know, he started the season with Matt McClean batting up in the order. Towards the end of the year, he was batting ninth. He finally moved Ellie Daily Cruise out of that third spot in new order, and I think, I mean, maybe you can say he should have done that sooner. Well, maybe he should have, maybe he shouldn't have. I mean, Ellie data Cruz is still a really good baseball player, but I think little things like that, and once he's you know, you got the trades that were made were good trades. Key Brian Hayes at third base, you start little five things a little bit.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: I think they're still going to figure out what they're going to do with South Stewart. Where is he going to play? Because quite frankly, he's a liability defensively at third base? So does he play first? When you got Spencer steer over at first base, who, if they were being honest, should win the Gold Glove at first base. I don't think he will, but that's how well he played there. So do you take him off that and put him in the outfield? Just a lot of maneuvering that has to go on during this off t season. But the one thing with Francona, see likes guys that can play everywhere. I don't know that I'm a great big fan of that, but it seems to work. So that's the way the game is gone. And with Spencer Steer, that's what you have. You can put him pretty much any place you need.
Speaker 2: Him, you know.
Speaker 1: Speaking of defensive problems, Elie de la Cruz, I mean, what does he do over the offseason to improve with fielding? Because I didn't check, but I think the last time you and I spoke, he had the most errors of anyone in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 2: What do they do? And I love the guy, I love him, I love watching.
Speaker 1: Him, but he's got I get he's got to get better defensively.
Speaker 5: Well, my opinion is come opening Day he's going to be in center field. Really, I really think that. I think it's I mean, you can put up when I've heard the argument after last season, well, Barry Larkin led the league, and Harris his first season, well he didn't in season number two, and Ellie did, I think it's time to move him off a shortstop. Look what it. It did wonders for Noelvi Martiete when they moved him off a third base and put him in the ray field, because his mind was freed up. He didn't have to worry about playing third base, and he goes out to right field and he's starting now. He slumped a little bit towards the end. I get that, but for the most part, he pitched, played really well and hit really well once they moved into the ray field. And I think that can be the same case with Ellie day La Cruz. I Mean, the one thing I worry about him is he plays so hard. I don't want him banging into the wall every other night, you know, and and hurting himself. So but I think you have to make that move. But defensively, I really do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just way too many errors, and you know, you could tell just by looking at him they definitely got to him too. So I mean, I hope that's something that they can work on over the off season. Last question, you had this year team record eighty three seventy nine, fourteen games behind Milwaukee. Was it what you thought it would be better, worse?
Speaker 2: Or where do you come down on that.
Speaker 5: About the same when the season started. I thought eighty five, so eighty three they were close, and you give her you know, you can swing either way on that because you get lucky a couple of games and maybe you have those eighty five wins. So I think they were right about where everybody thought they would be, you know, in the division. I didn't think anybody think the Brewers would take off the way they took. Oh, I know, you know, you know, you just give it another year, and I think you can. I mean, I think you need to. I think this team needs to shoot for you know, eighty five wins won't be acceptable next year. I think you need eighty eight to ninety to make the postseason. And I think that's what they have to. They have to gear everything toward well.
Speaker 1: And you know, they kind of spoiled us with the eighty three and seventy nine. I didn't think they'd do that well, but obviously they did well. I'll tell you what. It's not that far away from opening day.
Speaker 2: It's uh.
Speaker 1: They open with Boston on March twenty sixth, so we don't have too long to go, and.
Speaker 2: You'll probably be going down in Florida, all right, excuse me Arizona.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean the first spring training game is normally the third Saturday in or yeah, February, so around the twentieth something like that will be the first spring training game. And since it's and I'm almost guaranteed it's going to be against the Guardians, since that's the first game they play every year for the past sixteen years.
Speaker 2: So yeah, they share that they shared.
Speaker 5: Conn Day in February. Will be there and you'll hear it live and you'll probably maybe s work over some money and come down there too.
Speaker 2: I knew that was coming.
Speaker 6: It's funny that you've been at someplace.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of thinking about it.
Speaker 1: Hey, you, I really appreciate all of your help and your wisdom over this past year and looking forward to talking to you again next year.
Speaker 5: I don't know how much wisdom there was, but I appreciate it. I love doing it, Mike. So we'll talk to you in February.
Speaker 2: Sounds good, buddy, Thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, David d Armbrus, you're on our Cincinnati Reds. I'll tell you one thing. I probably went to more games, and yes, yet I paid for most of them. I went to more games this year than I think I have since the Big Red Machine days. It's a fun ball team to watch, it really is, and the ambiance in the atmosphere at Great American Ballpark it's hard to find anything that's better than that. So as far as I'm concerned, very successful season, but as you had said, looking for more next year. Hey, I'm out of time, so I am out of here. Mike Allen seven hundred WLW