Speaker 1: I would say the bigges accomplishment of my weekend. Who as I finished that awful ed Gean Monster story.
Speaker 2: Oh man.
Speaker 1: You ever watch a show where you're like, how many more episodes we got? And you kind of invested so you keep watching. Yes, it's kind of like a relationship where you know it sucks, but you're like, oh, might as well. Anyway, how are you happy Monday? It's k d WB. Thank you. Look at you. You're so you're so adorable listening to the radio. Look look at you. Yes, if I could just like pinch your little cheek right now, just adorable. Thanks for listening. Jenny is still out on vacation. She is doing a lot of cool pictures you had, like in a van fall Leaf tour ur Yep, she'll be back tomorrow. How is your weekend? Hope you had a good weekend. We always post up pictures of our weekend on Instagram Dave Ryan Show, and then we take one picture on Monday and we kind of tell the story behind it. So my story is I went up to the restore up in Brooklyn Park over the weekend, which is like kind of like a thrift store and it's all home goods, and lighting and washing machines and dryers and it's really cool. And there was a little boy, probably about four three or four years old, and I was doing a magic trick for him and he was mesmerisis mm hmm name. I don't remember his name, but I was pointing like I was like, oh, where did the ring go? I made a ring disappear and I'm pointing at him and I'm about to point up behind his dad's ear because this ring went up behind dad's ear and the kid was just and there's there's a little girl. She's also in my pictures in my Weekend in five photos, and she was probably eight or ten, and she was so enamored with meeting a DJ from KTIWB. She just couldn't get enough and it was adorable. And she's like her mom said tell him what you were gonna say. And I guess she had practiced this and told her mom what she was gonna say. I listened to KATWB all the time, and I'm like, dah, And she was leaving, she was still kind of watching me, and she turned around in the doorway and she waved at me. Oh, it's so cute.
Speaker 3: Always cool when you meet like little little kids or as you call them, junior KDW B listeners, and they they're still as just enamored as the parents that grew up listening to us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is super cool. There is a magic that, like, you know, when you think about it, you listen to somebody on the radio all the time, and then you get to meet that person. Yeah, it'd be kind of like if I got to meet that I mean, I don't know, trying to think of somebody who I had listened to on the radio all the time, Zack Dylon. If I got to listen I get to meet Zach Dillon for the first time, It's like, oh, so there's my favorite picture of the weekend, me and a little boy with the magic trig.
Speaker 4: Bailey Mine is obviously. The Jonas Brothers concert was cool.
Speaker 1: That looks super cool.
Speaker 5: It was really good.
Speaker 4: They're really talented in general, like the Jonahs brothers, like all of them are talented, but god, Joe Jonas, I swear that dude can hit some notes that you don't realize he can hit when you're listening to their music just like recorded. So, yeah, we had really good seats. We were not in the pit. We thought we were going to be in the pit. It was a regular role. It does matter, but we have We had good seats regardless, and yeah, it was a really good show in general. So mine was my favorite photo is the Jonas brothers, Like up closer person.
Speaker 1: Who's the friend with you?
Speaker 5: My friend Lexi?
Speaker 4: So I had three friends go, but two of them had to sit somewhere else.
Speaker 5: It was weird.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, okay, I went with my friend Lexi. Yes, very nice.
Speaker 6: My favorite picture.
Speaker 3: It was my me and Alissa's anniversary weekend or three year anniversary. Shout out my baby girl. Yea, so we she loves spooky stuff. So we went to it's called Haunting Experience. It's like a haunted house and hay ride in in Cottage Grove and it was actually really worth the money. It wasn't like number one on the list of like scary haunted attractions in Minnesota, but it was worth the money.
Speaker 1: Is that the one that's at the greenhouse like the nursery. It's a kind of yeah, yeah, okay, I think I think took Carson there one time. Very cool, really really fun. Checking our weekend in five photos. Hope you had a good weekend. It's a big week here on Katie would be because starting at seven oh five, we got a bunch of Sabrina Carpenter chances to go to see her in La. So that'll be cool. By the way, if you did not stay up and watch the end of the game, like I did not, Taylor Swift's boyfriend's team did win last night. Finally, Yeah, well chiefs a bit. I think they're three and three now the Lions are now four and two. I want to say so I didn't stay up and watch the end of the game, but uh, you know it's good. Go check it. Our weekend in five photos on Dave ryanshow dot com, under each of our tabs and online on day are on Instagram Dave Ryan Show on Instagram. We'll be back with you can't make this stuff up. Get the show started. You need anything from us, you know what to do? Send me a text message you want to request. You got a shout out or a birthday or a comment, anything like that. Always love to hear from you at KDWB one. That's our shortcoat and we'll be rad. Do you like Eminem's Okay? Today I believe is National Eminem Day. Okay? I guess probably proclaimed by Eminem's. So here are the top ten flavors of eminem starting at number ten, caramel cold brew. Didn't know it was a thing, but okay, Oh it's good. Pretzel eight, dark chocolate seven, almond six, crunchy cookie five, peanut butter four, caramel or caramel, whatever you want to say.
Speaker 2: My favorite fudge brownie, Oh.
Speaker 1: Plain minems and number one minem coming in at number one peanut M and M y.
Speaker 6: It's interesting that they have peanut and peanut butter.
Speaker 1: Give some variety, you know. Yeah, have you bought your Halloween trigger treat candy yet? We spent twenty dollars a bag on Halloween trigger treat candy and we got two of them, so forty dollars, and we don't think it's going to be enough. Really, Yeah, because we got a busy neighborhood with a lot of kids, so they come by and the when you hand out trigger treat candy, let's say, get the many little fun sized bars or a little tiny bag of Eminem's. How many does each kid get? Vunt I don't two?
Speaker 4: Three?
Speaker 1: Can Bailey?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say I'm not a handful because those kids will get grabby.
Speaker 5: They'll go, yeah, a handful, no.
Speaker 1: Not a handful, no, no no. I always give them two two yeah. One one looks too cheap, and three is like, come on, little okay, you a little punk. You're going around the entire neighborhood. You're gonna do just fine with just two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, two is good.
Speaker 6: It always depends on I guess what neighborhood.
Speaker 3: You go in, because there are some that give the fun size, and then there's some that just give straight up, here's a full sized kitchen bar.
Speaker 6: There was a full size three Musketeers.
Speaker 4: One house in my neighborhood growing up that gave out king sized candy bars, and so that house was always bumping, And I can even picture exactly where that house is because everyone would always go to that one.
Speaker 1: Now, see, I I'm gonna go with the other way on that one. I don't give out full sized candy bars because I think kids like to graze a little bit, you know what I mean. Yeah, Like they want they want to snickers, then they want a milky Way, then they want a kit cat, and then they want to reeses. They don't want a whole big milky Way because it's just a little bit. Now you're full. Your mom only let you have one, and you want to have like another one.
Speaker 3: See now, this is such a stereotype that you grow up with Carson Allison, all your kids checking the candy to make sure there's nothing crazy in it.
Speaker 1: Oh god, never, no, no, no, that's such a myth. No, never, ever, not.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't say a myth.
Speaker 3: I do know some people that do it, but I think it's that they check it for being safe.
Speaker 1: But like, no, they check it, but there's never been There's never been an incident of a needle or a razor blade in an apple or a Snickers bar or whatever the apples.
Speaker 5: Whoever's giving out apples, you're the worst.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everything about giving up pennies this year? Can I can I bring up something? In the fun pack of candy bars that we bought for twenty bucks each, there's almond Joys, And I thought, does any kid really want an all enjoy? I would, but I don't think most kids like an almondjoy.
Speaker 6: That's why they stick the word joy in there to convince you that it's good.
Speaker 1: Exactly wrong. Let me know if your kid likes almond Joyce. Also, when I got my first town home. I was probably twenty five years old or so, and it was the first time I'd ever had trick or treaters. I'm like, Oh, this is gonna be dope. I'm going to be the cool house. So I went out and I bought full size candy bars of whatever.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had probably fifty or sixty candy bars in my fridge. Yeah, in my friend well not in my fridge, and I had one trick or treater. Yeah, I had one. So I stuck them in the fridge until they just like they've been in there for two months. I'm through an ultra right to this in the very day. All right, there's some trigger treat news for you Trigger treet news desk on Katie WB. Did you hear about the pumpkin races over in Stillwater. No, So they carve out like they take a thousand pounds or a five hundred pound pumpkin, they carve it out, they make a boat out of it, and then they paddle it down the Saint Croix River. I saw it this morning online somewhere and somebody won in a thousand pound pumpkin that they paddled down the Saint Croix River. And I guess a lot of the pumpkins are very unstable. Three of them turned over and capsized before they were able to paddle out to the starting line. Out with look googling this.
Speaker 5: I just googled it. That's a real thing that looks.
Speaker 1: You think I made it up.
Speaker 5: Well, it's just so weird.
Speaker 4: And there are these giant pumpkins with holes and people sitting in them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I can imagine those capsizing.
Speaker 1: They're round, very unstable. Yeah, only in Minnesota slash Wisconsin.
Speaker 5: What a weird Okay, Well, I've supported I.
Speaker 1: Love it all right. It's one of one point three KATWB Sabrina Carpenter will be talking about her because we're gonna fly you off to La to see her. That starts in a little while on kd w B. All right, let's hear a song that you want to sing along to this morning on the sing along Song of the day. Kind of little pick me up, just a little. It's a little bonus. It's kind of like a little treat that you make for yourself. What song do you want to sing along with this morning? Examples hold On for One More Day, Leave Get Out by Jojo, Just songs that you kind of love to sing along with Misindependent by Kelly Clarkson's another great example. I'm not trying to give any ideas. Matter of factoles are ones that we've done recently. But if you think of a song that you want to sing along through this morning, love to hear from you, send me a text at kd w B one and we'll do that. Coming up next here on kd w B. Kd w B showing about the little girl that I met at the restore on Saturday, and I met so many fun people. It was just great. We had a lot of fun people out there. But Natalia just texted in and said, Hi, can I get a shout out? It was great to meet you. If you wan't see Natalia, she's the little girl in the pictures on my I think it's on my Weekend and five photos on Dave ryanshow dot com. Shout out Natalia, thank you for listening. Have a great day at school. What do we choose for our singing along? Sean of today, I.
Speaker 4: Chose fire Burning by Sean Kingson.
Speaker 5: You have passed a.
Speaker 1: Little gas and then noticed a kind of bit of poop came with it. That's called a shark. It happens to everybody sometimes, and it's perfectly natural. Little public service announcement on ks not Sewan jameson what was.
Speaker 6: Social media for gossip, rumors and half truths?
Speaker 5: You've got Dave's dirt on Katie W.
Speaker 1: B Well, Lan's get started with the dirt. See what's going on the new Jennifer Lopez movie. I think Kiss of the Spider Woman. Yes, it's kind of tanked, which you know, I wasn't too surprised because I don't know that anybody want to see Jennifer Lopez in a movie called Kiss of the Spider Woman.
Speaker 4: It's a very very niche, underground musical. Oh if all of the musical people don't know what it is, then none of the regular people will know what it is either.
Speaker 1: Okay, got y, Yeah, I'm gonna mention it one more time. I finished the ed Gen Monster thing, and I don't know what to watch next. Somebody said Righteous Gemstones, which I've heard good things about. I just haven't gotten around to it. Yeah, So we watched the Gopher game on Saturday night. That was a lot of fun. The Gophers beat Rutgers. Yeah, that was a whole lot of fun. Now we thought about it, but then we were I don't know, you just get so lazy. It's like, well, you gotta drive all the way down there, you get to park, you gotta walk over, and then about are you set on your couch and when you're bored go to bed?
Speaker 6: Sounds like a less steps, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Totally, yes. How is your football game? On Friday night?
Speaker 6: We went to Lakeville North.
Speaker 1: It was cool.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure if they want or not, but the kids were super dope. And I love that anytime they recognize me. Because I went to Lakeville North last year. This one girl was like, oh this year, this year, I'm gonna win, and she ended up playing. Nobody won the twenty five k. But this week is our last one and we're doing it Wednesday this week because mea happens, all right, So we'll be at Maple Grove trying to get somebody and I feel it in my bones.
Speaker 6: Twenty five thousand dollars thanks to Saint Ben, Saint.
Speaker 5: John's Go leafs. Who's Maple Grove? What is that?
Speaker 1: Crimsons?
Speaker 6: Crimson?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, I was right, No, just Crimson, I think, yeah, yep, yep, yep. By the way, if you're going anywhere for EA. Southwest Airlines is so overbooked that they're offering people to take another alternate flight because they're so booked up. So if you go to the airport to go somewhere on Southwest or any airline, get there early for MEA and I think they're offering a twenty dollars credit on your next flight. Would you like, come on Southwest? You can do better than that, but just a little heads up.
Speaker 5: Oh, you're right to say. They're gonna start strip the top of the play and since there's not.
Speaker 1: Enough seats that could be it might come to that. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Random question. What was Chad Smith doing at the Gopher game?
Speaker 1: He was he's the drummer for Red Hot Chili Peppers and he is from Saint Paul. And I didn't know that because I was saying, why is Chad Smith from the Red Hot Chili Peppers. He played halftime with Gopher marching band and he had a drum kit out on the middle of the field. I get a little clip. You want to hear it.
Speaker 3: It starts off muddy because you can hear the band and then it switches so you can hear just Chad Smith.
Speaker 1: Okay, I thought that was kind of cool. I'm not a Red Hot Chili Peppers fan, but I thought it was kind of cool. Didn't know he was from Saint Paul.
Speaker 4: So we've been speculating about Katie Perry and Justin Trudeau being in a relationship.
Speaker 5: But now I feel like we can.
Speaker 4: Put away the are they aren't speculation because pictures came out of the two of them on Katy Perry's boat in southern California. She's wearing a bathing suit, he is just wearing a pair of jeans. Oh my gosh, and they are in a passionate embrace and he is touching her button.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was too grabbing her booty.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So apparently that is confirmation that they are together. What I didn't know is that she's forty and he's fifty three. I had no idea about that. So that's a bit of a gap. But that's okay. They're both hot people.
Speaker 5: Good for them.
Speaker 3: Yay, get your pockets ready because there's a big announcement coming from Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: This morning, Good morning America of all places. Yeah, we don't know what it is, though, right.
Speaker 3: People are speculating it's a movie musical. It could be the Aerostor movie on Disney. Plus, it could be a Halloween version of the new album that just came out. But no matter what it is, people are going to flock to it. So I don't know what time, but good morning America. This morning today is the thirteenth, which is Taylor Swift's number, So that might be why what the strategy is there, but we shall see, okay.
Speaker 1: Sad news, Diane Keaton passed away. She was a classic Hollywood actress, Oscar winner and she was in movies like Annie Hall and The Godfather. She was seventy nine years old. The cause of death not been disclosed. Here's a clip of Diane Keaton from the movie called Something's Got to Give.
Speaker 4: Hello, Yes, Yes, I have an intruder in my house twenty nine Daniel saying saga, Pat.
Speaker 1: I'm dating your daughter, Maarn.
Speaker 8: She invited me here for the weekend.
Speaker 1: She's in her room right now changing and I guess that's Jack Nicholson. I'm not really sure. Diane Keaton's one of those actors that I knew her name for sure, but I could not name a single thing that she was in.
Speaker 5: I don't think her movies are like your kind of movies.
Speaker 4: Okay, they're more like, you know, for women, they're women movies.
Speaker 1: I say, yeah, okay, was she in scarface? No that I don't than. I don't know Matt Max, Okay, I think she was like like twenty years old than The Godfather's So yeah, I don't really remember. Okay.
Speaker 4: Eighty Polar and Tina Fey did a surprise visit to SNL over the weekend on the Weekend Update, so it was kind of like surprise, we're here.
Speaker 1: And Emmy Polar hosted it.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, well then also Seth Meyers said he was the one who was a surprise.
Speaker 1: I guess, yes, yes.
Speaker 5: So usually it goes back and forth between Colin Jost and is.
Speaker 4: It Michael Chai yep, yes, look at you, you know everything, And so they were like, surprise, look all of these new people making jokes back and forth is a joke off. And so now everyone's thrilled because anytime Amy Poller's anywhere and Tina Fey shows up, the entire world goes into a I.
Speaker 1: Always thought that Tina Fay was hysterical, but Amy Pohlar is she is anti comedy to me? I never I know some people love her, I just don't. I never thought she was funny. I always thought that Tina Fay. It's kind of like Steve Martin and Martin Short. Martin Short is not funny to me. Steve Martin is the funny one, and he brought along his annoying little douchey buddy, and Steve Martin is hysterical. But it's kind of like Steve Martin feels bad because Martin Short can't make his rent payments.
Speaker 5: Oh so he's helping him out on his twelve.
Speaker 1: Hundred dollars a month apartment. Well, I think that Amy Pohler is know. It's kind of like Robin Williams was. Also, I'm gonna go ahead and say it, Robin Williams was not funny. Robin Williams was rapid fire comedy, and people who were not funny thought, because it's rapid fire and manic, it must be funny. I never thought Robin Williams was funny. Never not even what I'm not trying to stir the pot. I'm just saying what I really think, and I think a lot of people think the same way. If you watch Robin Williams he never says anything funny. He's just reffing really really really fast. He's like better people. People are like, oh that's funny, it's fast.
Speaker 4: Doesn't that depend on what you find this comedy like a form of comedy slapstick.
Speaker 1: Slapstick is funny, YEA. Like when you step on a rake and the rakee pops up and hitch in the face and you overreact. That's a good bit, Bailey.
Speaker 6: I'm excited.
Speaker 3: Olivia Rodrigo said that she is back in the studio getting ready to work on her third album.
Speaker 7: Now I'm home and I'm watching on my new album. I've worked a lot with MX over the past few years to do some special performances, and there is one coming up very soon, but I.
Speaker 3: Won't give too much away, and we I think there's rumors that it might come out next spring.
Speaker 6: We shall see.
Speaker 3: Here's an acoustic performance of her doing a get Them Back by Get.
Speaker 7: Him Back on, Make Me Jo when Make Him Feel Battle.
Speaker 6: It's been a minisince we heard from Olivia, so I'm here for this.
Speaker 1: In other music news, Death Leopard they got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and here is lead singer Joe Elliott with his I believe this is his speech on the occasion, So what about the actual albums?
Speaker 8: Massive thanks obviously go out the mud Lang, who took the gamble on working with this unknown quantity back in nineteen eighty one. Taught us what making a record really meant and helps us create songs that would hopefully last a lifetime. To our incredible, loving fan base out there, two words, thank you.
Speaker 1: Love those guys, and they're still doing it. By the way, speaking of classic rock, artist Paul McCartney is going to be at us Bank Stadium on Friday night. That is going I am going.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's my thought.
Speaker 1: Yes, I can't wait and to go see Paul McCartney. Super excited about that.
Speaker 4: We were actually talking about Paul McCartney at the Jonas Brothers concert and my friend Sarah said she went to go see him the last time he was here. She said it was the best concert she's ever seen and she's thirty something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's nearly all songs that you know, and it's like, there's the guy who wrote this song, there's the guy who wrote Yesterday, there's the guy who wrote Live and Let Die. It is amazing That is the dirt brought to you by six one two Injured Heimer and Lammer's Injury Law. This is a mishmash of songs that you love and know. It is the dance party, the Monday Morning dance party. Stand up, move around the kitchen, have your kids dance with you, the dance party on ca and there. It is your Monday Morning dance party on kd W B Let's give away Boo Bash tickets. Boom Bash is our big Halloween party. I'm so excited for this one. We throw a party like nobody else throws a party. We're gonna be at Mystic Lake because why not, they're I mean, it's a great place to have a party. The great news is afterward, it's a Thursday night. Go spend the night. If you want to walk out of the casino, play the Price is Right slot machine and win a couple of thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Afterward, we'll probably play a couple slots.
Speaker 6: I'll be sation.
Speaker 1: Why not? So if you want to go to Boo Bash, tell you a couple of things. October thirtieth, that's a Thursday night, starts at six o'clock in the evening and then goes until nine ish or so until they kick us out of there. Costume contest for sexiest, best overall or creative I think, and then couples or groups. So if you come as the Scooby Doo Gang, or if you as the cast of but What's s Creek? Oh, maybe you want to come to the games, you could that might be good too, and.
Speaker 2: Then you win one thousand dollars if you win thousand dollars three times during the night. So we'll start the contest like a little after seven o'clock because the first hour it's like people are showing up, you know what I mean. So we'll start the contest after seven o'clock. We got a live DJ, we got prizes, and I don't know what my costume is going to be me neither. I'm really kind of stuck, and I know I'm gonna end up going down to Party City and getting like a tutsi roll costume or.
Speaker 3: Something to Last year, did you were creative? You were Gary Spivey and you put everything in that hour.
Speaker 1: I put a lot of work into Gary Spivey last year at all.
Speaker 5: The effort into that one. So he can't put in anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean It was great. It was worth it because people didn't even know who I was. And I stood next to Gary Spivey, the psychic with the big, big white hair, and it was like we looked just about a light. It was super cool.
Speaker 5: Gary Spivey will be there too.
Speaker 1: Gary Spivey is going to be there. I'm working on Tammy the Tarot card reader too, just to like, you know, just spice it up a little bit. So if you want to go, we're gonna low up the phones right now. We'll give away a bunch of tickets untill we get tired of it. Six' five to, one nine to eight NINE. Kdwb give vant a little. Grace there's only one. Vaunt he is answering the, phone so let it ring for a little. While already on.
Speaker 5: It look at.
Speaker 1: Him it's going to take him a. Minute and if you need more than one, pair then you, know just you can be, like, hey there's three of, us that's, Fine just ask for three tickets because we got a thousand people we got to pack into this. Place so if you want to win tickets and you don't win them right, now there'll be zillions of chances between now And october, thirtieth so keep it here ON. Kdwb coming up pretty. Cool we've got a chance for you to fly off To la to See Sabrina carpenter in. Concert that's the good. News the bad news is you're staying with my Son carson and his four. Roommates that's the bad. News they have a photon that you can sleep. On but other than, that you're going To Sabrina carpenter and we'll get your tickets for. You coming up in another tennis minutes or so on kdubub