Speaker 1: It is Thursday, April twenty third to twenty twenty six. Wats to get to today from? This is a huge problem to the New York Times debate stealing stuff and the weird new robot that is shocking the world, plus your calls, dispatches, emails, text and more. Seal it is here. What's happening? So are you? You can join us other show. All you have to do is send us a dispatch. You go to thenewsjunkie dot com. It record on your first dispatch today. You can also watch the show on YouTube and twitch dot tv slash the news Junkie. Your message is rolling right of the studio at real time. How's everybody doing on a Thursday? It feels like it shouldn't be Thursday, But I'm glad that it is. Well which way, Like you feel like it should be not even Thursday yet? Maybe I feel would. Last week was so slow that I feel like this is speeding back up, and like, oh, thank god, we're already a Thursday. I'm getting ready this morning. I'm like, we have secret shows tonight. Nice. Oh you have other exciting things returning today? Yeah, we got lots of stuff coming up here on the show this. There's a lot of the twists and turns on the way, so I'm excited about that. And we are getting closer to the weekend, so let's get started. Let's put our ears the ground, our fingers on the pulse to see what's happening to this great, big, wide world of ours. And the streets are not safe everybody. I mean this, I mean you don't even know what's going on beneath the wheels of your vehicle right now. And we go to the streets for our opening clip today, Let's see what happens. Anybody coming down sixty four don't Oh.
Speaker 2: I was driving my trailer and I was coming down sixty fourth headed in Illinois. I saw a car hit that, and I'm like, what the hell? And I had to go around here, and I got my trailer behind me and I barely miss that. Bro that's all the way down to the bottom.
Speaker 1: Just so you folks listen and know, there is a massive hole in an inner state where you're you know, you're a story up in the air, you're you're you're on an overpass and there's a hole in the road with just the rebar showing. And the guy says I saw cars hitting this, and I freaked out and I stopped. And when he looked down, you can see all the way down to the road below it. And I mean, I wonder how much of our infrastructure is looking like this, because that is freaky. Say did it say where this is? Aj Soop says sixty four going into Illinois? Yeah, I sixty four is what the guy said. What I hold that road is? I mean, I don't know, but it is beat that f up is what I'll tell you. Because what's the protocol to fix this little problem we have here? Is a little well, I mean in you know, there's a hole in the road. You can almost I have a car down. That is no good. But what's the do we have like a cherry picker or something with no people in it? It's just a platform that they just kind of lift up to the bottom there to catch all the asphalt that they're going to pour. Like, what do you do here? I think you got to rebuild the over That's terrifying. Yeah, it is absolutely crazy. Imagine you're driving on an overpass and you look down and you see a hole in the road. You can just see clear down through to the road below.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 1: That's what this guy's looking at that.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, what the hell? And I had to go around here and I got my trailer behind me and I barely miss that.
Speaker 1: Brother, that's all the way down to.
Speaker 2: The bottom of the I'm getting out of here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's terrifying.
Speaker 2: I saw all these cars crashing and that is a big asshole.
Speaker 1: It is. Yeah, it's a big ass hole, is what he's saying. Is for the record, Yeah, it's a large hole. What the guy is getting at it is freaky.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I'll put this up on see it now, and to get a screenshot as I'm speaking here. Also, it's creepy, man. The rest of the road that doesn't have a hole in it. When you when you see the hole, doesn't it seem like the rest of it's not thick enough? It does. I like to think, or at least I did for a long time until this very moment. I like to think that all the roads that we drive on are safe enough so that we're not in danger. Like I never thought for once that my car would plummet through the road and crash down into the road below it. But maybe that's a real and actual issue. A big ass hole in the road. It's a hole that it is, like a big ass one. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what. Did I say that differently? I thought I got that across. You said it the same way the other guy said it. And I think we've used up our punch card. Not a good time to rattle the cages, that is what you're saying. All right, fair enough, all right, go take a look at that over on see it now. We put a picture of the big asshole over on see it now and you can take a peek if you're interested in staring down at Aren't there enough pictures of you on the website?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Watch your mouth. Oh hey, big big news coming in, folks, big news incoming. I don't know what this means, but sloth World is down. Sloth World is down. Somebody just alerted me before the show and they said, hey, I don't know what's going on over there, but take a look. And I did it look like this yesterday. No, Now the website is down. We've been going after sloth World on the show and all of a sudden, somebody says, hey, something happened here. There's social media accounts are down. Their website is down. It says, check back soon the socials are down, because there's what they said. Their down website that we're looking at still has links to the socials. Is it going it's just a social Instagram. Yeah, it just goes to Instagram. It's just not Instagram dot com. Slash their page. No, why does it have a log in? I don't know. Something must have gone wrong. What if I click log in? It's a WordPress website. I can tell what's going on here sloth World, so they they have done something, all right now, I don't want to hack into the system here that I could if I wanted to. But the Gibson it says for their website, this, uh, this facility that we've been talking about on the show here sloth World, where they've faced some criticism for how they've been keeping these slows. To say the very least, I think thirty one of the slaws have died and their website is down or not, says sloth World's web server, Blue Affuse could be. Yeah, they have the same the web servers on the same extension cable as the space heater, so we don't know what's going on there. But somebody did point that out via email so I wanted to take a peek another one that was an option for an opening clip today that I might as well work in just so you guys can see this. It's in the world of baseball, and boy do we love sports around, very good at it too. We know all the sports. If it's got balls in it, we are all over it, as they say. And the Athletics were playing another very good team. We know them and we love them, and they are known as the Mariners, and the Seattle Mariners and the Athletics were playing when the batter hit the ball quite hard and ceiling. As you know, what one want to do in a baseball game, you do like to do that. Yet one of the risks of being a pitcher is the ball could come right back at you right all right. So that kind of happened here. But more so than anything, the picture goes, wait, well wait, what happened? The ball gets hit right back at the picture right here, he goes. He goes, well, whoa, what happened there? So the picture is spin it around. The reaction time on this picture for the Mariners unbelievable. I don't know who this guy is. It shouts out to you the ball hits into his body and he starts spinning around. He's moving around and he's going, what do I do here? What happened to the ball? Is question one? Right back and it is in his glove cot no shirt logan Gilbert, and he pulls the ball out of his shirt. How does that happen? Is that a catch?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: Is that a catch? I say it's a catch. I don't think that the rules of the Major League Baseball would have anything. Maybe they do, maybe something similar has happened before where they would say, Hey, the catcher's got to be in your hand, whether it's your your gloved hand or your non gloved hand. Is how it works? Baseball fans, let us know. Hit us up with your answers on this, because I've I might be crazy here. I have a vague memory Sea Lane got it. I don't know if I made this up or not. Is this from like a movie, like a comedy. I have a vague memory of a baseball player running with his hat out and catching the ball and the hat and oh yeah, this might be this sounds movie ish. Is that wild thing? Angels in the outfield? Angel with You're right now? It's a catch? I don't know. I think it's a catch. Oh somebody's they're saying dead ball, but who knows who's right. There are some people saying dead ball now. But unbelievable that the picture he's wearing one of those button up baseball shirts, like you know you might have in a jersey, and the ball disappears. Isn't know where it is. The ball went into his shirt and stayed inside, is tucked in shirt, and I guess that's in out. I guess that's what you end up with. They're pretty crazy, though. I thought that was wild and sort of one in a million right there. If this happened a hundred years ago, we wouldn't have the video, but everybody would have called him Buttons Gilbert until it was engraved on his eventual stud tombstone. Okay, it's probably true. I don't know. It's just here. So in Major League baseball, a catch requires secure possession of the ball in the fielder's hand or glove, and that they maintain control long enough to show voluntary release. All right, Oh, here we go, what sports geniuses on the move? Baby, Look at this. Here's the rule, ball going into player's uniform five oh one B If a batter or thrown ball inadvertently goes inside a player or coach's uniform, lodges in the catcher's face mask or paraphernalia, or is intentionally placed inside a player's uniform in a pants pocket, the umpire shall call time. The umpire will, using common sense and fair play, place all runners in such a manner that, in the umpire's judgment, judgment will nullify the action of the ball going out of play. That being said, if the umpire determines the player play the ball in his uniform intentionally for the purpose of deceiving a base runner, well that's not the case here, huhuh. The umpire will place all runners at least one base More so, we don't we know that in no case may any be outs recorded on such play. Note that the determination whether a ball lodged in equipment or was placed in the uniform is not subject to replay review. I still don't know what it means. I'm reading the chat GPT answer, which is generally a little more layman. If a live ball gets stuck in a player's shirt or jersey, pants, etc. Here's how it's ruled. First of all, not automatically a catch. Clothing is not considered legal equipment for completing a catch, which I think like the hat thing would play into as well. But the hat, you're at least like you have to demonstrate control that thing at the fielder. The fielder must get the ball into their hand or glove and demonstrate control. If the ball is merely lodged in the shirt and never transferred to the hand or glove with clear control, it's not an out. If the player secures it with their hand or glove before it falls out and shows control, it can be a rule to catch. I don't it's an uncatchable hit. So it's a hit. But it's an uncatch our experts, let us know what the hell's going on? You should just keep watching the video, isn't. I have to do it very slowly on account of copyrights. That what?
Speaker 4: All?
Speaker 1: Right? There, he's got the ball, let's see. I just want to get to the judgment that you will not see again. Probably not. He's probably correct on that, But what's the rule in his jersey? It sure is inside of his jersey. You're right about that. Commentary is being at it now right between the buttons.
Speaker 5: Trying to defend himself and you can see it going the.
Speaker 1: Shirt right there. I got nothing. I got nothing more, so we'll have to leave it to the experts. We're not the sports guys around here, for God's sake. Let us know what you think. Send a dispatch over at Thenewsjunkie dot com so we'll keep an eye on all the things that we've been watching here. I did see a story this morning I thought was kind of interesting. I actually want to get to this when we come back because it's going to start a larger conversation which will kick up during the break for those of you on YouTube and twitch dot tv slash. The News Junkie got this ridiculous article in the New York Times. As a lot of people talking. I got clips galore, we got Fritz on the street baby, we got some guests coming along. We got a lot happening for you here on a Thursday, and it's all coming up next on the News Junkie. This story is true, but it still shocks me and I don't really have this in my system as much, but a lot of you, because I asked chat right before we came back here on the show, seiling seemed like you've done this yourselves, and the story says, I'm reading this in front of me, about two and five Americans went what they call no contact with somebody that they love this year, about about thirty eight percent of Americans. Who five seems high? Right? That's high right? Is there any like qualifiers to somebody that they love, like a family member or just a friend that they love very much? Sure? Let me give you a couple of details here, seeing that it says thirty eight percent of Americans went no contact with a friend or family member in the past year. So that's a lot. Thirty eight percent, and you're in a room. That's almost four out of ten of you and two out of five if you do the letter for or the numbers from the headline there. But thirty eight percent of Americans went no contact with a friend or family member of the past year. Here's a crazy bit with gen Z at sixty percent, far out pacing baby boom boomers at twenty percent in cutting people off. So the gen Z folks, the young folks are just like you know, severing ties to friends and family. I haven't even told you why yet, and that's a whole different thing. But that's crazy. The baby boomers aren't doing it. You know why, because baby boomers don't make new friends. Baby boomers have who they have, They've already lost a whole lot of people. They're getting closer to the end. They really have a lot more. I think they have a lot more of a leash for people and their behaviors. And what they do in these circumstances is they muscle through it. They find out the things that they should not talk to somebody else about, and they have more of a backbone when somebody just disagrees with them over something. So thirty eight percent of Americans went no contact with a friend or family member gen Z. Sixty percent of them went no contact with a friend or family member. Nearly three quarters of respondents said their instinct during relationship trouble is to pull away rather than talk it through. I have seen this in so many different things. It's just obviously something that's getting a cultural hold on us in America. And here's how I'll describe it. I saw a chart, and the chart was on answers from the relationship advice subreddits, and the answers from the relationship advice subreddits about ten years ago or so, almost all of them were like make sure communication is really flowing, make sure you're talking. If you had like a thought bubble of all the buzzwords that were said, then it would be like communication talking, it would be going to a couple's therapy and working it out. That. This is what all the buzzwords would be. Now it's like push it away, leave ghosting, ditch them, don't put up with it, leap no more of this. The thought bubble has gone from try to work on it, try to make connections with people, try to repair and fix things, because your friends and your family matter more than anything out there. To nope, ditch them and leave them behind. What does that say? Why is that happening? What is going on that leads us here? That's the question I have for you today on the show, and I want you to answer me. I want you to tell me if you fall into this category. Have you gone non contact? Have you cut somebody off who's a friend or a family member in the last year, And if so, I want to know why, because some of these things are not what you would think. It's not always that there's politics at play here. It's not always it's like, h they got obsessed with some conspiracy theory.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: In fact, some of the things I saw were because of just different things in their own personal drama, and it was like they had a fight, but instead of talking it out and fixing the fight, they ended up saying I'm never going to talk to this person again. And younger people are doing this more than anybody else. So I think you could talk some of the younger people doing this to their younger over time, maybe they'll repair and make amends with these people. Sure, I find it out great. Have you cut anybody out of your life in the past year, Not that I can think of it, in the past year. Yeah, you know, April of last year. I barely cut anybody out of my life to begin with. I'd like one or two people tough but fair, tough but fair. I don't often do this. Maybe there's two people in my life who I've I've cut out of things because I find them to be poisonous human beings who are detached from reality. Once somebody is that that far out there, I will severtize with them, no matter who they are. But it's not something where if I go, well, you know, I had a fight or an argument or whatever, and I'm I'm not going to talk to this person ever. Again, I just wouldn't do that. So, for example, when I was a kid comparing the generations, had these friends grew up down the street from me, and I remember it was a big deal when they started moving in. The first reason is that the house that was on the end of the street, it was one of the only houses that was being built in the area. And I go, oh, they they're building a house here, and I'm going to have some friends. I never figured the house before. I lived in the acreage and row uponm Beach. For those of you who don't know, which is most of you, the deal is this is like a backwoods dirt road place, or at least it was at that time, and there was not a lot of people around me. And as a kid growing up there at six, seven eight years old, for a while, I didn't have anybody. It was just me as the only kid on the street at that time, and so it made it so I wasn't able to have a lot of interactions with other kids for a couple of years. And then this house is being built, so I go, oh, my god, this is so exciting. Friends are moving in down the street. And then my dad came home panicked one day because there was a goat's head on a stick in the front yard, and he found out there were some crazy Haitians who were moving into this house and that's who are our new neighbors down the road were going to be. So for a while, I was like, the people who put the goats head on the stick are going to live there. This ain't great. I wasn't excited about that. But then before you knew it, they ended up foreclosing and somebody else moved into this property. And I had two friends, one who was a year younger than me and one who was a year older than me, and they moved into the end of the street house and I was so excited at first. I started parading down the road with my bikes, my skateboard, my suit toys. Yeah, I'm like, hey, guys, I got one of these, You got one of these? We'll play or did you just see me? I'm another kid on the street. Look at me, I'm another kid on the street. Whatever I could do to sort of get their attention to hang out with some other kids, and eventually I did indeed get their attention and we started hanging out. We became really good friends. And I grew up with these kids, you know, from six seven, eight years old to probably around eighteen ish or so. I hung out with these kids quite a bit. One time I went over there and we got into a fight. The three of us got to do a fight, pushing each other around, shoving each other down the hills, a big hole blowout, screaming at each other, calling each other names and everything you could think of. And I went home and I said to my dad, you know, here's what happened. And my dad goes, Okay, are you over it? And I said no, I'm angry, and he goes, okay, fine, and we went along with a couple other things for the rest of the day. He goes, hey, by the way, the thing we talked about earlier, you over it? And I'm like, no, I'm angry, and he's like, okay. Right next morning or something, he goes you over it, and I'm like, yeah, I think I'm over it. And he said, oh, you might want to remind yourself what it was like before you had any friends down the street. And that kind of stinks, doesn't it. And do you want to just be without any friends around you because you got to a stupid fight over whatever this was. He didn't really ask me what it was. He didn't care, and I said no, and he goes, isn't it kind of nice to have some friends you'd go outside and play with who live right down the street and you can ride bikes with them, play basketball, And I go, yeah, you know, yeah, it is down there. And I talked to them and we like apologized to each other and we became best friends again, all of us. And that's how you handled it.
Speaker 3: Then.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's changed. I don't know why things have changed. But it used to be you blow off some steam, you get over it, and then you move on, you get back to be in friends. I don't know plenty of people that do the blow off some steam or do the fight thing, and then the next day it's like, uh, do we did we? I don't forget that that whole thing. So I ask you, what, we know? What's going on? Why is this happening like this now? Nearly two and five Americans going no contact, cutting off a friend or a loved one. A big one on YouTube says Sean didn't have any black friends. Lo ol, What are you new to this show? Yeah, I heard me tell stories about my black friend Chay growing up. Named after Chae Gavara by the way. His parents were like radicals and I never even knew it growing up. Yeah, you haven't heard me talk about him? Yeah? Jay? You sure he was black?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: He was, Yeah, trust me. My dad. I told this story long ago where I said I went to his birthday party and my dad didn't know anything because we're kids and we don't care what color anybody is. And when we left, my dad was like, you didn't tell me they were black? And I go, why that?
Speaker 5: Dad?
Speaker 1: Did prepare yourself? Father? The family is black and we are arriving at their steed, Like what? But he's like, oh, no, it's great, it's great. You know, it's fantastic. I just you know, I didn't, and so he was really excited about my black friend at the time, Chay. So Chay, if you're out there somewhere, salute to you, buddy. I hope you're kicking ass and taking names. I lost him over. I hope not a lot of people are asking why the name Chay. I think that this is something that's more of a new phenomenon because we have a poisonous element in our culture where people think that the right way to handle relationships is to go nuclear, to separate yourself from people, to no longer talk to them about these things and instead just go to warfare and burn them and try to burn them publicly. And that is gross and bad in so many ways for us as Americans. Ryan says access to therapy talk without guidance as over complicated things for some people. It's got to play into it. It really does have to play into it. But I want to know what your theories are on this. Why is this happening, Why does it happen more with the younger generation, and is it happening to you? And if it is, give us that story. You know, who did you cut off in the last year? Why did you cut them off? Those are the things that I'm absolutely interested in hearing about. So do you let us know. Been reading through the chat and a Sun State John has been saying about how he had to cut off his sister because she wanted money for her cruise vacations and stuff. Yeah, and I like this is hilarious. He cut his sister off and just making it rain secret show gifts and thank you for Yeah, We're we're not going to leave. You will be your friends over here sin stage, John and everybody else. But give us your stories. Let's talk about that. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com or email tips at thenewsjunkie dot com. Right now, all right, I did have this that I wanted to play. Pretty awesome thing that the fans of the show did over the last weekend, which was Discamp, and they do this thing where all the people from the News Junkie Discord get together and they go on like a camping trip and they hang out with each other. And they said, not only were there new listeners that were going out to do the camping event, but also there were some randos out there that they told about the show who have started listening to the show in the aftermath of this. And I find both of things to be so cool. And I'll explain why here in just a second. But I wanted to play this video from Ajsup, who organizes the disc camp, and just I think it chronicles some of what went down while they were there. Let's see here it is right here.
Speaker 7: This past weekend was the TNJ fan community's seventh bi annual Discamp weekend and this.
Speaker 1: Spring fling, we already seeing merch. They're wearing shirts play about Black Whopper. Here, I have been camping with a DJ. No not with a setup like that. It's DJ Ray Djrage right there.
Speaker 7: With everyone's favorite tunes being mixed live all weekend by stream Chatter and discord mock DJ Rage. You couldn't help but dance, laugh, and just have a good time with new friends. And speaking of new friends, let's welcome Salty Laser and Salty Sea Queen to the TNJ community because they were curious enough to come over and say hi, So of course we shared the show.
Speaker 1: And they stuck around love it.
Speaker 7: We had the most amazing weather, two fires, because why the hell not, and of course the best food all weekend drinks from the bar while we enjoyed fall off the bone ribs and She's Potatoes, a wiener bar with all of the fixens, and delicious pulled pork.
Speaker 1: These these folks eat good when they go out there, They really they do. They eat good. I don't know. I think I know AJ brings a bunch of stuff, but I think they all kind of work together on some of this stuff. You know, you're not supposed to just be sitting there eating jerky the whole time. I mean a little lean jerky, but yeah, yeah it changed the fang freaking tastic says that looks so fun. It seems like they had a great time out there.
Speaker 7: Write at camp on the big green egg, firewater boys with homemade sides and the great company of the best dam community in radio. It was a fantastic weekend overall. And as always I already can't and hopefully you'll come out and join us too.
Speaker 1: There we go. How cool is that pile up firewood man? That's great? Love that love to see that, and here's why, real quick. One thing I love, love, love love love completely perfect timing on this, completely perfect timing. One thing I love is there's so many elements of the news Junkie community where we're breaking through a big boundary in life as an adult. And the boundary in life as an adult is that once you get to a certain age, it's so hard to meet new people and make new friends. And that's why I have stuff like TJ chat over at chat atthnewsjunkie dot com, where you can you pop in start hanging out with people, start chatting with them, make friends, have all the fun stuff going on. And we have the fortune of having fans like aj Soup and these other great friends of the show who pull off events like this where they go out and hang out with each other and they meet new people and they make new friends. Even as an adult. It's still possible, all right, And I think that's so important. It's so important you can still connect with people, communicate and make new friends and absolutely love to see it. So thank you for sending that. They don't people. It's just when Sean and somebody that's just an auto ghost, It's only one way to handle it, all right. There's only so many people that are ghosting. I'm I'm not cutting off people from my personal life, but if you're in chat and you're just really starting to go unhinged on me and posting my address and stuff, for that, I'll cut you off. I want to see what you have to say about this is sending those dispatches and emails to tips tips at the Newsjunkie dot Com. A lot of people already joining in on the discussion, So we'll get to that here in just a moment. That's coming up next in the news junkie, Well, is it forty percent of people thirty eight percent of people that said they cut somebody out of their life and it doesn't have to be for politics. I bet a lot of it is now. I think that part's a shame. I think if you disagree with people over politics, like it doesn't have have to be a big deal. You can have people that you know and you love and you care about, unless they're just NonStop trying to fight with you about stuff, who cares you know, maybe give him some warnings to tell them I don't want to talk about politics with you. But mostly people doing that is it's usually a self report. It's kind of like the person who's cutting other people out for politics is usually a little crazy themselves, but they have a lot of responses over on chat. One person on YouTube says, my son quit speaking to us six years ago. He won't tell us why. That's got to be frustrating to not even get the information as to why this is happening. Jordan says, I had my cousin live with me once he was next level toxic. He ended up moving away and I blocked him afterwards. He moved away to Atlanta to be a reality television personality. It suits him well interesting. I mean I don't disagree with the suits him well part because there's a lot of toxicity in those people that make that. They bring the best ratings. You kind of need that. And then sport Johnson says, my wife boyfriend is a real jerk and not so many words. Yeah, I get it. I see. There was a girl I knew who like she had told her co workers one time, She's like, you know, how do you be on the Bachelorette? I think I'd want to do that. And the co workers, amongst themselves, are like, you are the quietest person, like there's some one there's there's nothing about you that they would pick me. Besides being very attractive, you don't seem to garner a whole lot of drama. I will cut people off for that. Yeah, I will cut people off for being too attractive if they getting you know, if you're getting too close. I can't be out mogged in any kind of social photographs, which is why I seelen and I you know, as we hang and we're good and all as well, but otherwise if you are out doing me attractiveness wise, can't can't keep up with that. Sorry, Tips of the news Junkie dot com, please keep me anonymous. This person, So, you're trying to say that you're better looking than Courtney. Uh that actually, and now that I think about it, it's that my logic isn't gonna hold when it comes to that. Now, I've been no contact with my brother for two and a half years now, Anonymous says, after he called me the N word and he got married this year and he left me a half asked apology, says Anonymous. So many people have this exact issue. I cut my entire family off, nine brothers and sisters. This person says, well, you have nine brothers. Yeah, I have questions about the N word. One. What's your question? Well, what do you and your brother look like? I mean, I'm gonna assume he's black. If a white guy gets mad that his brother calls him the N word, what kind of pedantic knowledge? That's what I'm saying. That's that's really weird. But also my brother would be black too, right, Yeah, unless it's like a half brother kind of situation, Like it's either if you look a lot, it's either two people that are allowed to say it or two people that are not allowed to say it. But either way it's still is all right? See, is not not such a crazy question? Now there's a good question. Anonymous, fill us in on that. Give us some more information. Back to this other email master, Bruce says, I got my entire family, nine brothers and sisters for them mishandling my father's death. Let me tell you that'll do it. Oh yeah, that will do it. The death of a loved one brings out the worst in people, sometimes fighting for a whole bunch of money, fighting for possessions. Who's supposed to handle what with the funerals, how people are behaving emotionally, whether or not you're treating it as a serious thing. Oh boy, yeah, I mean there is a lot of things that come up when somebody dies like that. To start, my entire family chose to pull the plug on my father while fighting for his life after a stroke. Only three days pass and they decided amongst themselves, holy com they need everybody on board, but they already made the decision as goes for his funeral. Instead of listening to my father's accomplishment, they decided to list over fifty family members that he was survived by not to mention that my father never wanted a service to begin with. He wanted to be cremated, but they wanted different than his wishes. My wife and I packed up our family of three at the time and moved to Florida. It's been eight years now and I don't miss them at all. Toxicity creates patches in your life that are extremely stressful and unwarranted. I may not be able to choose my family, but I could choose how to spend my time. I choose peace, says this person. I think that's good in some ways. If somebody is a negative, poisonous influence legitimately in your life, you should cut them out. This is mostly true for people who have a person in their life that has an addiction to drugs and it's just going on and on, and you help, and you help, and you help, and at some point in time you go, this is such a detriment to my quality of life that I have to cut this person out. I have done that personally, Okay. One of the only people I've cut out of my life I have done for that exact reason, and I don't look back on that in any sort of negative way at all, and I will continue on this path moving forward. But I could never do it over something that was as silly as a disagreement when I really had a connection with somebody. I don't care about stuff like that personally. Somebody else says, I think it's easy to blow people off today, Unlike back in the day was face to face. It took a little bit of a courage to fight with somebody. Now you could do it in a text or an email, or even say it on Facebook. Then you can go back to a computer where there's millions of other pretend Internet friends, and they said, thanks, just another listener. Wow, that's a fair point. I think that's interesting. So send us in your comments over at tips at thenewschunki dot com. A lot of experiences with that coming across the line. All right, one more person that will work in. Let's see tree climber wants to talk about this. Hey, Kate Austin.
Speaker 5: And pertaining tip cutting people out of your life.
Speaker 1: I've never done that over an issue that I was having, but I did one time because they remained to my father.
Speaker 5: And that's just the end of the road.
Speaker 1: You know, you mess around with somebody that I really care about and maybe maybe that's the cutting off point. You know, how do I close this? You got it? You got it, you got it right at the end, one more to prove we play these here stone cold.
Speaker 8: I ended up cutting off one of my best friends who ended up doing a lot of really good stuff for me. I had no vehicle. He would drive me around, took me to the grocery store. But I ended up cutting him off because when I would take him to the places that I enjoyed, my favorite restaurants, he would argue with these weight staff or send food back to go to Sea World, and he was arguing with the riot attendance. It finally came to be that one time he came and he I took him out to dinner and he caused a huge scene in the middle of a restaurant. I basically said, okay, this is it. I'm done with you, and I blocked him on everything. And that was within the past. Here it's a bummer, but you got to be able to you know, you can't make me look bad in the places that I'm a regular. It's just not cool.
Speaker 1: You know what, I love that I agree with you. That would be nightmarish if that was happening. When when you have a situation where it's like, hey, you're embarrassing me. These are places where I go and your your like poisonous with your personality. I gotta tell you, I love that we haven't heard any about politics yet. I love that part of this. Let us know what you think. Send us a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Although you know that's going to happen, right, It's at some point in time that's, you know, definitely going to happen. A couple of people gifting subs. Love to see this DJ Rage with the ten gus. All right subs, Holy Cow, DJ Rage. I'll add all these during the break. You can claim those over at the newsjunkie dot com. Secret Show subscriptions give you full access to the website and the uncensored Secret Shows is another one tonight tonight. It will be at eight pm and you can watch live over on the Neewsjunkie dot com. Another five gifted subs from Cyclonis. Thank you, Holy Cali. You guys go on a on a Thursday here on the show. And there was one more. Oh my god, we just mentioned them and like Beetlejuice. You brought about sun Stage John with thirteen gifted subs. Holy cow, I'll add all self fulfilling prophecy. There's just an avalanche of gifted subs for you on the website. How do you get them? You go to the Newsjunkie dot com. You click the link and then you'll see all the available ones. That's what twenty one. There's twenty six of them right now. Get moving, everybody, go over there. Support the show with secret Show subscriptions. Gift them to other listeners over at thenewsjunkie dot com. I'll make sure I fire those in so you guys rock it up the Gifted Subs leaderboard. Thanks for gifting Secret Shows quick break when we come back. We've been giving advice on the show for a very long time about particular things, and I think we may have made a mistake. I think we may have given out some bad advice and they go it could result in people dying, see Lang, It could result in the death of our fans and listeners and friends, and I do not want to do that. So I want to make sure we write that wrong. And we're going to do that because it's coming up next on the news junk Kie, we've been giving out some bad advice. I think I'll explain to you in a moment, play something for you that may change your life and could to make it so you survive a horrible circumstance. All right, I'll make sense of that in just a moment. In record time, every single one of those Gifted Secret Show subscriptions are gone. I already, yeah, I've ever seen. It was within about about a minute, all of those went absolutely skywall Yeah, literally within a minute, all of those were claimed over on the news Junkie dot com. And I love when this happens in the future. I want to see more of this. The least you could do if you claim a sub is pop into chat oh, either TNJ Chat or one of the other chats on YouTube or Twitch and say thank you, because a lot of times the people who are supporters and gifters are over there on those platforms, so it's nice to do that. They usually get to see it, and they also get the email showing that you claimed one of those subs afterwards. That's kind of the fun part about it. If you if you go over to the News Junkie dot News Junkie dot com and click the gifted subs icon like the little present, the little gifted subs thing when everybody claims them. You at emails and it's like this user, this user, et cetera, et cetera. So go check that out at the Newsjunki dot com. Let's try to keep you alive here. We've been giving out advice on this show. And the advice on this show. Oh no, I hesitate to do this because I just I just remembered Seelane's in a bit of a He's in a bit of a pickle on the show a little bit. Yeah, what's up?
Speaker 3: Shoot?
Speaker 1: Should we talk about that first? Or we got we got a minor drama going on here. Let me take you back to one of the last commercial breaks. See Lane did a live read. He's talking about a great company, and in the middle of the live read, he just, from my perspective, he just left in his silence, and I started I started panicking. People were like, Sean's having a heart attack. At the studio. I'm running around in here, I'm like, what do I do? I started to wonder. You know, I have a screen in here where I can see HQ and I could see all this stuff that's scheduled to play in the commercials and all that, and I started to ask myself, if I hit a button over here, will it do anything. I don't. I think I have you one only what I thought. So I was like I thought Selane had to go to the bathroom so bad that he finished his live read and left without hitting the commercial. We would have just I would have just been sitting here. I would have just been sitting here. You would have been uh it had been like that time that all the power went out in the building and we just didn't know what to do. We couldn't take a break for hours. Well, I mean we couldn't do anything for hours, just shut it all down. It's happened. It's happened many times. But see Lane goes, no, no, I got a problem. We're having some connection issues at h Q for iHeart and I can't fire off commercials. So at least during the last break, he's got the engineers in another studio and he points to them and they're hitting the commercial break for us right now is under me? Oh great? Oh great? So why it looks like I have three arms. That's even worse. Maybe I shouldn't do this. Well, I don't know. I don't know. I'll give you this setup here, here's what's happening. We've been giving advice on how to scare bears on this show for a very long time. If you encounter a bear in the wild, here's what you're supposed to do. And then somebody tried this and videotape themselves and it did not work. Like it. It did not work at all. Okay, that's first of all, bad advice on our part. I guess are they Okay, Well, we'll find out. But I want to play the clip of them trying to scare off the bear and what happened. But if you try to scare off a bear and it starts coming after you, I would take you a curse. Yeah I would. I would one think you a cur I have control. Again. Let me just bring up the panel, uh, you know, set this up for another minute, and I think we should be all right. Okay, so you can tell people I'm gonna have to run. I'm gonna have to run. Run. I don't want that to happen to you either. A hiker on Mount Wilson got more than they bargained for when trying to scare away a massive black bear standing in the middle of the trail. Harrowing cell phone video captured by Eric Chwee and his stepmother shows the moment a hiker ahead of them attempted to scare the animal off by jumping up and down and making noise with bells attached to part of their hiking gear. This is literally what the experts have told us. We've said, bears, you stand up, you're like.
Speaker 9: Ah, you know, you make yourself big, You scream, you jingle jangle whatever you could jingle jangle, and that's how you scare the bear off.
Speaker 1: But if you would have bought that gun, and you definitely wish you had a gun because I don't know, bear can probably take a couple of shots though, But they said it didn't work. True admitted he thought the hiker was a little crazy for taking that chance, and said he didn't know what the man was thinking in the moment. As a situation unfolded, he became increasingly concerned with the hiker's safety and his attempt to scare off the bear with the strategy we have been telling you about for years and years backfired in a big way and now I ask you the question, can I play this? Yes, you can play this. I have the dumb button right here. Let me just bring it up because it's an Instagram reo. I think, and this is supposed to be the person trying to scare the bear in the way we've tried. Are they're jumping and jingling the bears not phase, it's still coming at him. Oh, oh it's charging. Oh they're running, don't curse. They're hiding from the bear right now. I guess they're hiding in the bushes as the bear walks by. In this, the bear not smell them. The bear might not want to bother I think what happens here this is this is my theory, not bootsiest theory that it's a former circus bear, which the circus bear is like I love music, I don't. I don't think that's what the twist is. I think what's happening in a case like this is the experts will tell you to stand up, be big, make a whole bunch of noise and freak out. But when the bear is hungry as hell, it ain't gonna do nothing right. This might just be a bear that is just hungry it's gonna eat the human if it has to, whether you're jumping up or jingle jangling or whatever. It's a big bear too. Note to self, that doesn't work, all right, In some cases it does not work because this the bear actually went faster. Jingle jangle didn't work. What the bear thinks, and then the bear just starts booking. Yeah, I would be full speed hauling ass getting out of there as fast as I possibly could. Somebody says, bear mace is a better option, probably better than probably better than jingle jangle in which did absolutely nothing in this case. Or you can you can get away from the dump button for now. Okay, thank god you mother. Yeah exactly, I'm gonna do that to you. Did they fix your situation in there? Or we're to hang out? Okay? Good, good to hear. Good to hear that. We want to hear from you. Send us a dispatch. Go over to the newsjunkie dot com. Somebody says, speaking of those attacks, here's a woman who is attacked by a fox. This is true. It says police body camera released a fox attack. I'll hit this w HDH And.
Speaker 4: Now's a video on just one station.
Speaker 10: We're seeing the moment a Worster police officer shut himself on the wrong side of an animal attack.
Speaker 5: Police were trying to.
Speaker 1: Capture a fox. Oh my god, the fox a woman seventh Flora Caso joins us in the news rem in the video of the fox bit this woman and it was literally holding onto her leg. The animals are attacking again. The animal uprising is under way once more.
Speaker 10: A man of the woman who called police received some bad bites from the fox during the struggle. Now we know the fox was infected with rabies and she continues to recover.
Speaker 5: Oh cool.
Speaker 10: New body camera video shows Wooster police responding to a call for a woman who was attached by a fox outside of her home on Estra Street.
Speaker 1: That's freaky, man, No, it's holding on It shows the surveillance footage. The fox just saw her and went right for her. The fox was like no hesitation, straight for this lady, straight into attack mode. One of the weird things that happens with rabies. Now, I thought I saw something about rabies one time. Is it true that if an animal attacks you and has rabies, once you have rabies, there's nothing you could do. You have to get the I think you need very quick treatment because it sets in rather fast. Yeah, and then it has like hydrophobia with water, like if somebody hands you a glass of water and you're like, you can't bring yourself to drink the water. The animals are attacking the bears the.
Speaker 10: Foxes Seven News also obtaining the initial nine one one call made by a neighbor who initially thought the wild animal was a coyote.
Speaker 11: Coyote, older woman, Okay, I was shaking, she said, And.
Speaker 1: What a move. This woman took a different tact. The person tried to scare off the bear. They jingle jangled a bunch of bells. They made themselves big to try to get in the way and scare the bear away. It didn't work at all, this woman said. When the fox came for her and started attacking her, she jammed her foot at its mouth, Which isn't that I mean? And maybe there's some instinct that kicks in that. I don't know if that would have went through my mind. I think the only thing that went through my mind is a word I can't say over and over and over again. Screaming curse words would be yeah, it would be what I was doing. Absolutely, she shoved her foot in the fox's mouth. We got to figure this out again, folks, because the wildlife is fighting back, the animal uprising is back on once more. We got to keep an eye on all of this. Somebody says, I cut off my ex wife, Go figure, thank you, Brian shortened to the point. See, I mean but that you would think that's the norm. But I know a lot of people who have gotten divorced or were in serious relationships and broken up. Yeah, that are still totally cool and like, don't have the kid factor. You know, when when I grew up and it was my parents, they had the kid factor or else maybe they wouldn't talk that much. Who knows, that's on the split. Depends on the situation. I know it happens a lot, though, Sea Laing, because I remember when when my son was born, I was eighteen years old, mind you all right, So my son, Dylan, lovely Dylan, great kid. He was born when I was eighteen years old. I think I think I was seventeen when his mother got pregnant and she was seventeen as well. Oh okay, not as illegal, no no, no, we were both seventeen years old, I believe, and we were eighteen I think when we had Dylan and he was born, I was still a kid, basically didn't know what was going on. We had only been together his mother and I for about three months. I'm guessing, I can't remember. This was so long ago. My son's twenty five. Now. We had only been together for about I would say three months, and then she gets pregnant, so we're together for that time, and they no, I thought. I thought we were going through the whole story, like we went to a party, took some acid. I'm not telling that part of it again. And uh, and so my parents, as you know, I've told the story. When I was seventeen eighteen, my parents just put me in the van with all my stuff and dropped me off at her house and I lived with her parents. And when Dylan was about three months old, we broke up. You know, we split up. We weren't going to be together anymore. And after that six month relationship, yeah, well, I mean, well we had you know, the before and after six months, Yeah, like nine months in the middle where you kind of story each other, kind of stuck with each other for babies weren't instant. It doesn't block that part up. Maybe how did you forget? For God's like, you just had a couple of years ago. So so we, you know, we split up when Dylan's about three four months old something like that, and we start going to court for child support and for custody and all those things that you're supposed to do. And when we're in court, we would meet each other there and I did, okay, how you doing, And we would sit down next to each other. We'd be laughing and talking, and then the judge would go case number seven, six four or five five, and then they would say his mother's name, and then would go and and and Sean Watson, and they would call me up. I'd go up there, and the judge would go, I just have to tell you too, how refreshing this is. I have seen couples all day long, and they sit one over here on the left side and one way over here on the right side, or one won't even be in the room with the other one. And then they tell me that they can't occupy the same space otherwise they're going to rip each other's faces off. And they said, and you two are sitting there next to each other, smiling and laughing, and and she goes you know you two should maybe try to patch it up, and I said, no, I don't think so. It's but but there's you know, some reasons, some reasons we'll keep you together on that mark, but a lot of people not so much. I guess one more on that topic cutting people off, which has people discussing this with us via email, Anonymous says to Tips of the news Junkie dot Com, I had to cut off my best friend of twenty four years. One night, a group of my friends went out drinking. My friend kept bringing up threesomes in s like that. I just kept brushing it off throughout the night. He's pounding liquor and I keep telling him to slow down, please slow down. He just hammered away on these and I don't want him to drive, as I lived a walking distance from the bar to my house, so he stays the night. The next morning, I wake up and he's gone, and my wife is acting weird. I keep asking her what's wrong, and she finally tells me that he hurt her last night. Now, I was drunk too, so I passed out when I got home, and I had no idea anything had happened. She had bruises, on her legs and arms. He's dead to me. Love the show, says anonymous. Yeah yeah, that's an okay one yeah yeah, also not for nothing. Call the cops one hundred percent. I don't know how long ago that was, but call the cops. I'm not sure what the whole story is. That's a fair enough reason to cut any individual off. I would say, let us know what you think. Maybe you have stories like this as well. It's a quick break back with more it's coming up next than the news junk kie I saw so yesterday. I think congressional approval rates. See if I look this up real quick, because I was like, god, imagine if they did that about talk show hosts and they showed approval rates where as bad as they are for our elected officials in Washington right now. I mean, I would just say, this is shut the doors on the whole industry. Just stop doing it. Let's stop doing talk radio. If this was the maybe it is, maybe that's what people really think about most talk radio hosts. But the approval rates just generally speaking of politicians in Washington, I think it was like twenty percent or something that came out the other day. Alop website says that if it's not even saying the approval rate, it's saying the disapproval rate. Disapproval of Congress ties record high at eighty six percent. It means they have a fourteen percent approval rate. Eighty materrect thing here, you're right, eighty six percent of people hate Congress. Actually right, it's it's weird. It sounds even worse when you start reading it because it says American's approval of Congress has fallen to ten percent, barely above its all time low of nine percent. Disapproval has climbed to eighty six So there's there's like a middle ground where people just don't care. And then the approval rating is ten percent. Is there anything that's that unpopular in the United States of America? Ten percent? Ten percent of Americans think, you know what, those folks in Washington are doing a great job. And most of these people are regular, normal people who don't even care about politics. They're not like in goal in politics that doesn't take over their whole lives. Eighty six percent of people disapprove of Congress. That is a condemnation of what these losers are doing in Washington, DC. And how long is this okay, the thing that I'm looking at that Sea Lane was bringing up has been measuring this since nineteen seventy six, and it's never been this bad. It's never been anywhere near this bad. In fact, the disapproval back in like the seventies was, you know, forties, fifty percent disapproved. That's fine, I would expect that your party's not in power or something. In the eighties forty two percent approve, forty nine percent disapproval. There's something that people will not tell you, and you could see it in this chart in so many other ones. In two thousand and five, disapproval of Congress was at fifty four percent. Approval was at forty five, right, two thousand and five is the year we lost it all. It is the year we lost it all. It is no coincidence at all that in two thousand and five the platforms YouTube and many other big social platforms I think Facebook, they all came out right around two thousand and five and started to gain in popularity. Social media came forward, no coincidence here, came forward in two thousand and five. All the crazy identity politics stuff and all the weird stuff that everybody's been fighting over for the past twenty years. All started right there in two thousand and five, and you could see that's when did we just completely split on this, just totally from two thousand and five. Better days. Things were so great. We used to laugh, We used to watch comedy movies in the theater. We used to enjoy ourselves. We used to do this, We used to do this, not take everything so seriously. Remember those days, Remember when we didn't take everything so seriously or a particularly No, two thousand and five, those of the days. Oh, they took it away from us. Everybody Now everybody hates each other, and everybody hates Congress. Eighty six percent disapproval. These congressmen and women who nobody likes ten percent approve eighty six percent disapproval. Right, ten percent of the country approves in what Congress is doing right now. It does not shock me that that took an absolute nose dive after all of the social media outlets started to populate out there. Did you that you notice where approval spikes are they did? No shock to two thousand and one. Yep. Yeah. The only thing that brought us together when the Saudis got into a bunch of planes and crashed them into the World Trade Center and a couple other places that day two thousand and one, two thousand and one. Huge approval, huge presidential approval, brought us together for like five seconds and then completely apart from there. Nobody likes these people. They like internet stuff more, they like social media more. There's so much more focused on saying something. To try to do a gotcha moment, to release a video and get like ten percent of the country to add avoid them and that like that whole thing is absolutely crazy to me. But there are ten percent approval of Congress right now. Anyhow, What I was getting at there is you might get from ten percent to I would say twelve percent. If we can do something. Let's do an upgrade. It's time, it's time. I want somebody to donate this because it's the United States government and we shouldn't have to pay taxpayer dollars for it. We need a new microphone system in Washington, d C. For these dummies so that we can at least better hear the drivell that's coming out of their mouth. And we certainly need one for RFK because RFK Junior when he's out there talking, you know, bless his soul. It's not as fault. He has health issues, but they could work around him. And his health issues cause him to breathe heavily sometimes. And when you heard him he was in Washington this week. Listen to what happens when he gets in front of the microphone.
Speaker 12: You have done among the many that you've described in your testimony in that context. In your testimony, you identified nutrition as a bedrock of health and one of the primary lovers for treating and preventing chronic disease.
Speaker 1: He sounds like Darth Vader. The force is strong with this one. Now, why not mute this until he's speaking back to the politicians And it's not just him. It happens with a whole bunch of other people. And you're bringing hear noises. You hear that like if you ever hear somebody moving their microphone around whilst doing a broadcast, that is a dumb person. It takes no effort. You've never heard me do it once in all of my broadcasting. I don't need to grab a micro phone or moving around. What kind of absolute dummy. And you don't have to touch things. So make it so there's one little button to the side and then when they are actually ready to speak, they can press that button and we can hear them nice and clear, and otherwise we don't hear.
Speaker 13: The size that it's imperative for our nation's healthcare providers to be equipped to incorporate nutrition into patient care, securing commitments from more than fifty medical schools to provide at least forty hours.
Speaker 1: Of nutrition education. You hear what's going on. I think we need a bit of an upgrade there. I think there is a bit of an issue. Somebody says sounds like an old pug trying to walk up steps, which is a fair point. Fairpoint for sure. Faith disturbing set us a dispatch on the website. It's easy too fine. Over at thenewschunkie dot com. Here's somebody who says they cut you off, Celen. Okay, I don't want to start some drama here, but this person is they cut you off. We were discussing at the beginning of the show. I think forty people ish have said they've cut somebody out of their life in the last year. And this person, who shall remain anonymous, says I had to cut off sealing. I guess, first of all, immediately shall remain anonymous is kind of a kind of an unstarter. Here, what are you talking about? I said, this person will remain anonymous for the time being. We do not know who they are. I guess. I hope you guys are doing well. So I had to cut off ceiling man.
Speaker 2: We used to hang out the cases at the beaver Dam and stuff, and then he decided to.
Speaker 5: Get married and have a baby and all that good stuff.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I had just cut him off.
Speaker 6: San.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sam, And now he talks about it on the radio. You will listen to Jackson Gross Listen Jackson here is okay too?
Speaker 3: No no.
Speaker 1: Another said sorry about the work noise. So I absolutely am not going to be playing that. I don't want to play this in your vans making a whole bunch of noise in the background. That's that's no good. Here is let's go to muff mouth right here with a dispatch. What's going down, junkies? Hey, so interesting, fun little factoid. Logan Gilbert the pitcher who caught the baseball with his shirt. He also graduated from Stetson University. I don't know if he graduated or he just went from the MA went from stets into the major leagues, but he's a local. Oh really, wow, I mean that's just so so freak. We started the show with this clip. That's what he's talking about, folks. The clip had a pitcher and the ball when it was hit at him disappeared. The ball completely disappeared, and the picture took a second and realized the ball had gone into his shirt. It went into his shirt hole and it was inside his jersey. And then we were struggling over whether or not that was an out or not, and it was a rule to hit. What would happen next? Somebody says, I, I also cut my ties with a bear. Well, yeah, I mean that I think could be. It could be fun. All Right, we're gonna take a quick break here. When we come back, we'll be getting geared up before you know it for Fritz on the Street, the greatest game in all of radio. We'll see what happens. You could play along with us. I also want to talk about the big controversy that's brewing out there today. We have to talk about what was happening with the New York Times that everybody's arguing about online. We got a lot of things to get to. Updates on Sloth World, and a whole bunch more. It's all coming up next on The News Junkie. I did a short video on this. If you're following The News Junkie on YouTube or Facebook or anything, to give it some love. So maybe it gets a shot. It'll probably fall flat. This one. It doesn't seem like a banger. I don't know if it's got I kind of thought it was fascinating. I watched it right before the show. Yeah, the gambling one. Yeah, I was just talking with chat about this, and I said, how you people in chat who are watching the show live, how many of you have spent any money gambling on poly market or Calshie or any of these platforms where it's like prediction markets and it's like a loophole where you can gamble on things. And then a couple of people said yes, But a lot of people are like, no, you know, I don't trust that. And one of the reasons why people don't trust that, and they have every right to feel this way, is because they feel like people in power in the United States and around the world are cheating these markets. A lot of times it's people either in the White House or in Washington, DC. Who get a little piece of inside knowledge and then say it's about Iran or something. They make some bets on these prediction markets because they know what the answer is going to be. We've seen this before. There are a lot of cheaters on these prediction markets. On polymarket or Calshi if you're not familiar, they're just their websites where you can bet on real life think. I mean, how is it not kind of enticing to have a real big website like calshie or a real big website like polymarket. It's taken all these bets and you go, there's something on here that I kind of know about that I have some sort of maybe even influence in. I mean, how easy is this to just I mean, how tempting is this tempting to just throw down some money knowing that I'm gonna get a big reward. They're making huge money on this. And then this story that I told in this video I did. I'll retell here very quickly. There are some people who were betting on of all things. If I go to the website polymarket, right, if I go over to polymarket dot com, there's lots of things you can bet on. Who's going to be the twenty twenty six NBA champion. You can bet on news, politics, sports, e sports, geopolitics, tech, culture, the economy, all these different things. I'm looking at the website right now. People spend tons of money on this. They've bet millions and millions and millions of dollars on stuff, and it's able to exist because of some loopholes in Congress. Somebody's saying, I bet that Sean will renew his contract. Any takers, I might take that, I might take the I might take the other side of that. Actually, But you can bet on all of these things, and then sometimes people have inside information so they cheat. Now, there were some people who clicked this tab over here on polymarket, which strangely enough is betting on the weather. And I'm watching right now. This is highest temperature in Hong Kong tomorrow, and one hundred and twenty six thousand dollars has been bet on. That highest temperature in Soul in South Korea tomorrow, one hundred and twenty thousand dollars. And you know, on down the line, people are betting on these temperatures. Now, there was one that was pretty popular that people would bet a lot of money on and it was in Paris, France. So people were betting on what the temperature would be and they just watched the temperature go up and down and they go, oh, come on, I want to die and oh not, got need to drop a little bit, and they'd win or lose a lot of money based on what the temperature was in Paris. Somebody said, well, where does this data come from? Where are they pulling this information from? And they found out through whatever manner and way that in Paris, right outside of Charles de Gaull Airport, which is one of the big airports in France, right outside of Charles de gaul Airport, there was a temperature reading station and this temperature reading station was the one that was feeding the betting website Polymarket with that information. They said, look, I can access this thing. And on multiple occasions, this person bet tens of thousands of dollars on an extreme temperature and then went over to the temperature sensor outside the airport in Paris and hit it with a blow dryer until the temperature spiked to the number that he bet the money on, and then everybody goes whoa and then he won. This guy on two separate occasions, guy or gal, probably a guy. This person won on two separate occasions almost fifty thousand dollars because they were going to where the censor was and hitting it with a hair dryer to spike the temperature, to rig the system to win the money. So if they were betting tens of thousands of dollars only to win fifty, the payout doesn't seem like it's that much. I think they didn't have to risk that much because it was such an anomaly number. And some people are saying, well, this genius, that's a brilliant move. Some people are saying, like, you know, this is not fair. Why would you ever bet any money on this platform? I tend to go with that, like I don't trust any of this stuff. When money is involved. People are dishonest when money is involved. People will cheat when money is involved. People in Washington, DC will use insider information to do what we threw Martha Stewart even worse than what we threw Martha Stewart behind bars for, albeit at a pretty easy facility. And when we say behind bars from Martha Stewart, but you get the point, like, people bet money on this stuff, and then somebody just goes, where's the temperature thing? All right? I can go over there and I can take advantage of this. So crazy, and I wonder if anybody listening bets any money on this, do you trust any of that? Because I my faith in these things is so low. I already have such little faith that if I'm betting on a sports game, the outcome is going to be fair. I don't know how many things you can bet on where you're like, hey, I actually trust that I have a fair shot at doing this and somebody else isn't utilizing insider information or cheating to steal it from me. But that's what's happening. I mean, they use a hair dryer to make the temperature spike four degrees and they won forty something thousand dollars. Why are they allowed to do that? It sounds like they got caught. They believe they know the person that did this because they've watched the bets, and I know that France is investigating, but it's France's climate outlet that's investigating this. They're basically investigating this because they think it's going to make people lose faith in the temperature measurements for other things like when people talk about climate change and stuff and they talk about the temperature. But I mean, how do they know specifically it was a hair dryer if they don't have some sort of footage or you know, they don't know who it is. They need to have some sort of proof. They said a heating mechanism, likely a hair dryer, because they know that they had to have like a handheld device that would have spiked the temperature to cheat on this stuff. It's just it's something else to me. It's a new part of our economy. I like that people have to put their money where their mouth is. I think that's good. You want to talk about politics and news and stuff and put your money where your mouth is. Otherwise you're just probably out there trying to get likes on some social media platform and you're actually grifting out there on the internet. You know you're going after those people. But it's so it's just it's wild how that works. So I ask of you, do you trust that? Let us know? Sent a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. More and more coming in about the upcoming Michael Jackson movie Good or Bad. Because I haven't seen much good. I told you yesterday this, hang, do I have this story? Old on? I got to bring this up. I think it was a Deadline story about Michael Jackson. Okay, the tweet you read yesterday I really liked about. Uh, this would be like stopping OJ Simpson's movie after he won the Heisman. Yeah. Yeah, the the Michael Jackson movie that's coming out. It doesn't show his abuse and it stops when the Bad album was about to come out. That's when the movie about Michael Jackson in his life and career ends. And then see right. One of the tweets said, hey, this is like an OJ Simpson movie ending after OJ won the Heisman And you go, huh, what else happened with that guy? Any other interesting parts of the story, Or this is like an Epstein movie where you're like, and then he was a really successful financier. You go, well, uh, anything else that happened after that went? Hold on? You said he had a plane. What happened with the plane in the island? And You're like, no, no, no, no, don't worry. The headline is so hilarious to me. This is real. This is from Deadline. It says Michael stars that's the name of the movie about Michael Jackson that's coming out. Michael Stars explained why his biopic doesn't include child abuse allegations. Quote, there could be a sequel, That's what I said, I and follow for part two literally the meme Sea Light said yesterday when asked why they don't put the allegations about Michael Jackson in the Michael movie. The people's They're like, well, you don't know, there could be a sequel. Has there ever been a biography about somebody that has been presented in two parts or more? I mean, if there was, it would be like FDR or something. It wouldn't be it wouldn't be Michael Jackson. They go, oh, that part of we are totally going to address that. But what we figured we would do it in part two and we'll get the information out there then. And this is this is such cope and nonsense. You know what happened here they decided to do and never be shocked when this is the case. They decided to do a movie with the Michael Jackson estates approval needed for anything done to the film and his own nephew playing him. Yes, the family was directly involved because why because they wanted those songs. They wanted Billy Jean, they wanted Smooth Criminal, they wanted the songs in the movie. But also didn't the family or the producers on the family's order spend a lot of money on reshoots to kind of, you know, stop at that moment. Yes, yeah, that's what led them to cutting all the scenes that made it end when the bad album comes out and they go, Michael Jackson was a troubled kid with many problems, and then he learned to do a thing he called the moon walk. He sang a couple of great songs. It was a big star. And that's the Michael Jackson story. And he go, he's still got a black face on this one. We have not gone far enough. There's no propa fall, there's no little kids, there's no Jesus true, there's not what's going on here. And I just love the cope and that they said hold on. This is from the Deadline story. As Michael Jackson fans flocked to the theaters to see the biopic about the king of pop, many are questioning how the film avoids his child's sexual abuse allegations against the artists Michael starrs Coleman Domingo and Nia Long, who play his parents, Joe and Catherine Jackson, recently explain why the movie doesn't dive into the accusations that started in nineteen ninety three. The film takes place from the sixties to nineteen eighty eight, so it does not go into the first allegation. So basically, we centered in on the makings of Michaels and it's an intimate portrait of who he is. They said, there's a possibility of there being a part two that may deal with some other things that happened afterwards. Yeah, who isn't going to show up for part two? The part where Michael Jackson diddles the kids and gives them wine. It'll sell all kinds of tickets to the box office. His parents will, and not his parents, his estate will undoubtedly approve the use of the songs for that one, right this it'd be like the Freddy Mercury movie Bohemian Rhapsody, And the movie ends with Freddie Mercury walking into the doctor's office and be like I'm famous and everything's great, and the docs like I've got some news. That's the post credit scene. This is the post credit scene.
Speaker 5: Are you kidding?
Speaker 1: Me like, this is insane to me. So I ask of you again, anybody planning a watch watching this? I think internationally it'll still make some money because Michael Jackson like them, dislike them, somewhere in between. He's still a massive star out there. But that is cope to say that we're not putting those accusations in there because I don't know. Maybe there's gonna be a part two. Well let us know, let us know what you think. Send a dispatch over at thenewschunkie dot com right now. Ryan on YouTube says, maybe they could do Jesus juice collector cups. They do a lot of the merch now, that could be a possibility. We shall see, all right. When we come back, it's time for Fritz on the Street, the greatest game in all of radio. The showdown begins next. That is coming up next on the news Junkie Fritz on on the Street coming up in just a matter of seconds here on the show, I see Fritz there in the studio. He's looking fantastic. That there's mister Fritz. He's hanging out with us and he has gone around and talked to some possibly inebriated people. We don't know how drunk yet, but we will find out. We don't know what they said, but we will find out, and we're all gonna play along together, Seeland. Are we ready to go on this? I was Fritz, are you battling me on profile? Is gonna play the jingle?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 1: All right? All right, here we go. Let's do Fritz on the Streets. Is that you? You play the jingle? You said you would do it in the switch over? I mean no, I was wondering this. I was like, is he talking about the home loans radio song?
Speaker 8: That?
Speaker 1: All right? Let me hit the thing the little growing pains here. But yeah, it's Officials the Street.
Speaker 11: Hello Shawn, Hello Sea Lane, and hello that mortgage guy Don.
Speaker 1: What Yeah there he is, Hey, Hey, hey, hello.
Speaker 5: Fritz on the Street sponsored by that mortgage Guy Don. He's right here.
Speaker 11: You can hear us every Saturday, nine o'clock to ten thirty am right here on Royal Radio one oh four point one. We talk about everything you need to know about buying a house, refinancing, selling, you name it, we talk about it. You can go to that Mortgage Guy Don dot com. You go also follow him on Instagram at that Mortgage Guy Don, and then the jingle place here, we'll figure it out the book.
Speaker 1: It's weird singing it to the guy who recorded it. It's a little intimidated.
Speaker 11: In first place on Fritz on the Street with ninety seven points, we have mister Christopher Lane. In second place with eighty one points, we have Don, and in third place with seventy two points, we have mister Shawn Watson.
Speaker 1: Oh that's unfortunate, Sean. Yeah, it doesn't get any better over here.
Speaker 11: You know now, normally we pick who we are playing for correctly.
Speaker 1: I could do, yes, yes, we do. All right, I'll go first here, Fritz. I'm gonna be playing today for space Grace over on TNJ chat. That's who I'm playing for, Space Grace on TNJ chat, Seeland, who you playing for? I am playing for Sport Johnston? All right, Fort Johnston, Okay, Sport Johnston. And Don? Who are you playing for today? Anybody? I have no idea who should I play. I'm gonna pick somebody for you here, all right, I'm gonna pick the next person who chats ready, three? Two? There we go, Doss. Hefe is who you're playing for? All right? Don is playing for Doss hefe over on chat.
Speaker 11: I like it, Jeremy ready to go Fritz on the street. That's where I go to the bar, so you don't have to. I ask eight questions for general knowledge, trivia questions, and for current event questions, and then people at the bar they guess, they answer, and then you, Sean, Don and Selan.
Speaker 5: You have to guess out of eight people, how many got it right?
Speaker 1: All right, you guys have a sporting chance today because I am doing a bunch of Diffelan's got levels and mixers. This is all gonna be different next week. You're good, You're good, right, all right?
Speaker 11: Go is everyone in? We're ready for question number one? Recently which golfer when the Masters tournament? Don Don, Rory mclary, That is correct, right, Look, this.
Speaker 1: Is not gonna be great. God's coming it hot is jumping right into it here, Don.
Speaker 11: Out of eight answers, how many do you think, said Rory mclory, Let's go six?
Speaker 1: Six? All right? Uh, I'll do that was pretty big. People are into that Master stuff. So I'm gonna say four, four for Sean. I gotta split the middle or shoot the middle.
Speaker 11: Five and five for se Question number one with answers of four to five and.
Speaker 1: Say sting ding ding ding ding ding.
Speaker 5: Someone knows they're golf. Who could it be? Recently? Which golfer won the Masters tournament?
Speaker 1: I don't like golf.
Speaker 5: Rory mackleroy, Y McElroy, Tiger Woods. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Rory McElroy, n Rory mclroy, McElroy.
Speaker 11: That would be five. So Sea Lane's getting that one right on the money, picking up two points. Sean and Don with your guests of four and six each picking up one points.
Speaker 1: All right, move on.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 11: Question number two, what horror movie title character will appear if.
Speaker 5: You chant his name five?
Speaker 1: Ooh, beetlejuice?
Speaker 5: That is incorrect?
Speaker 1: Can you keep keep asking the question?
Speaker 11: What horror movie title character will appear if you chant his name five times in a mirror?
Speaker 1: Oh? I heard five, and I was like, no, beatle juice is wrong. I don't know. I don't know either. That's a pass is a candy Man?
Speaker 5: Candy man? Don, you got a question?
Speaker 1: One right?
Speaker 11: We will start with you. Out of eight answers, how many do you think said candy Man?
Speaker 1: Let's go, I'll go ahead, you it's me, let's go three, three, I'll do I think people know this. I'm gonna go higher, I'm gonna go five. I'm gonna go four.
Speaker 11: And four for ceiling. Question two with answers of three, four and five.
Speaker 1: Ding Ding Ding ding ding ding.
Speaker 5: Someone knows they're candy Man.
Speaker 11: What horror movie title character will appear if you chant his name five times.
Speaker 6: In a mirror?
Speaker 1: Candy Man, Freddy Krueger, candy Man. I don't know, Pama Dudu, candy Man, Candyman?
Speaker 4: Is that Freddy Krueger?
Speaker 1: That would be four?
Speaker 11: So Sea Lane is picking up two points, and Don and Sean with the guests of three and five each picking up one point each.
Speaker 5: I like the Don and Sean rhymes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, excuse me last time I was in.
Speaker 11: Question three comes after question two, and it goes like this, seven months after a fourteen year old was found dead in his vehicle, which soon David David is correct well question which singer was arrested on Saturday?
Speaker 5: Sea Lane?
Speaker 11: Out of eight answers, how many do you think, said David like an idiot?
Speaker 1: Yeah, d four v D I'm gonna say five, five, I'll say three, three, four, Sean, I'm gonna go in the middle. That's two four and four. It's worked out for me the past two Don.
Speaker 5: Question three with answers of three, four and.
Speaker 1: Five, ding ding Ding, Ding ding ding. Who knows?
Speaker 11: There's seven months after a fourteen year old was found dead in his vehicle, which singer was arrested on Saturday.
Speaker 1: D four A D David David, you would stupid? D four V I D guy David.
Speaker 5: I don't know, yes, that would be five.
Speaker 11: So Selan sitting on that one and Don with the guess of four picking up one point.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 11: Question four is upcoming. That's the halfway point on Friends on the Street. After question four, I'll tell you so far who is winning on the day? Question four goes ustly. It's about gum, which Miant was the first to be used as a gum flavoring by the Wrigley Company.
Speaker 1: On Don, Spearmint is correct.
Speaker 5: Don. Out of eight answers, how many do you think said Spearmint?
Speaker 1: Let's go five, five, it's gotta be pretty good. I'll go I'll go seven then.
Speaker 5: And seven for Sean.
Speaker 11: Question four with answers of five, six, and seven.
Speaker 1: Ding ding ding day.
Speaker 5: That's four in a row.
Speaker 11: Which Miant was the first to be used as a gum flavoring by the Wrigley Company, spearmint, spearman, spearmint, peppermint.
Speaker 1: Spearmint, but let's go spearm winter green spearmint.
Speaker 11: That would be six. The Sea Lane is picking up two points. That's four in a row for you, picking up two at least. Uh and Don and Sean with the guesses of five and seven each picking up one point. That means four down, with four remaining in first place with nine points, Sea Lane slash Sport Johnston, in second place with six points, Don slash dos hefe and in third place with three points.
Speaker 5: Sean slash space Graase.
Speaker 1: Familiar place to be. Last place still doesn't matter what happens around here. Last place.
Speaker 5: We got nine, six and three. Question five now up on the table.
Speaker 11: Over the weekend, eight children were killed in a shooting in which US states the Sea Lane, New York. That is incorrect, Sean done, Louisiana, Louisiana is correctis by.
Speaker 1: The way, just that is just a horrific story. Yeah, my god. There were so many people on I think it was on Monday that were like, Shawn, you talk about the Story're gonna talk about the story, And I'm like, it's so bad that I didn't want to really bring it up as just horrific that something like that could happen, But I did get some coverage, So yeah, very very sad.
Speaker 5: Don.
Speaker 11: Out of eight answers, how many do you think, said Louisiana shreeve for let's go four, four, five, five for Sean five and five for sea lane. Question four or five With answers of four and five.
Speaker 1: Ding oh ding ding ding ding ding, that's five in the row.
Speaker 11: Over the weekend, eight children were killed in a shooting in which US state.
Speaker 8: Texas, Louisiana, Louisiana, Alabama, Louisiana, Texas, Louisiana.
Speaker 1: That's four.
Speaker 11: So Don's hitting a three pointer on that one right, answer lane and sewn with I guess of five each picking up one.
Speaker 1: My first ever three pointer. Look at him, go.
Speaker 11: Three pointer, as the old saying goes. Three questions remaining now, Question six Viking one.
Speaker 6: Don Don may have discovered life on Mars fifty years ago, but accidentally.
Speaker 1: Jodd, the Wikipedia was that I'm gonna give it to.
Speaker 11: The question was Viking one was the first spacecraft to successfully land on which planet?
Speaker 1: He said, Mars. That's what a strategy, Don comes in with strategy. All I need to do is your one keyword of the question that I go. The strawberry was first invented by farmers in sixteen forty two and then commonly spread across.
Speaker 11: The seventeenth century. Yeah, Sean's picking that one up. Out of eight answers, how many do you think said Mars, Let's go three?
Speaker 1: Three? How many do you think said as many words as don watch somebody just give us a shotgun approach? All right? Uh? What was Don's guest?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 1: I'll go four, four.
Speaker 11: I'll say two and two for Sean. Question six with answers of two, three and four. Viking one was the first spacecraft to successfully land on which planet?
Speaker 1: Mars Mars Saturday? Yeah, I think it's Mars, Mars, Mars Mars.
Speaker 5: That would be seven.
Speaker 1: Well, Jesus Man points awarded.
Speaker 11: On that one, and the street officially ends. Two questions now remain in question seven. After publishing a story detailing his alleged alcoholism, Cash Pattel sued, which sewn Don the Atlantic The Atlantic is correct? Don now takes the lead by one point. Cash Patel sued, which American magazine rounds that one out?
Speaker 5: Don out? Of eight answers, how many do you think? Said the Atlantic?
Speaker 1: Five? Five? It's gonna be a tough one. When didn't you didn't he get hammered for the Olympic stuff wasn't wasn't the FBI guy like pounding drinks are in the Olympics?
Speaker 5: Say three, three four cling he was chained smoking beers.
Speaker 1: Basically, is that a thing I've done that? I'm I'm a beer chain smoker. I'm gonna say four and four four.
Speaker 5: Sean Question seven with answers of.
Speaker 11: Three, four and five, ding ding ding, ding ding ding The one's goodnight. After publishing a story detailing his alleged alcoholism, Cash Pattel sued which American magazine?
Speaker 1: Uh The Atlantic, Pesh the Atlantic, the Atlantic U in New York Times, the Atlantic Atlantic Fair.
Speaker 11: That would be five. So Don's hitting another three pointer? Yeh jesus and Sean with you guess of four picking up one point. We have one question remaining now, but before we do, let's take a look at the leaderboard. In first place with thirteen points, Don slash dos hefe my Gosh, in second place with ten points, Sea Lane slashed Sport Johnston, and in third place with five points Shawn slash space Grace.
Speaker 1: Is thirteen good. Oh yeah in this case, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean I've never gotten that. Yeah, I hear it's an impressive Don's like the kid of the Arcade high score? Did I break it? Yeah? Is that impressive?
Speaker 5: Hamburgers? Question eight? Now, last one? What is the capital of New Hampshire?
Speaker 1: Sea Lane? Frank Now Frank Franklin might be Frank It might be Frank. No, I don't know. Franklin's incorrect, New Hampshire, Don hamp Don, Frankfurt. That isn't correct. That sounded right, sewn Seawan. The answer to this question new Hampshire, New Hampshire, New Hampshire, New Hampshire, No idea, I don't know, is it? Concord Concord Don?
Speaker 5: You got question seven right?
Speaker 1: We will start with you.
Speaker 11: Out of eight answers, what is the capital of New Hampshire? How many said Concord?
Speaker 1: I mean, unless you're from there. Let's say two to one.
Speaker 5: One for Sea Land.
Speaker 1: I gotta go another direction here. I'm I'm going to go five and five for Shawn. Question stupid.
Speaker 11: Move question to eight with answers of one, two and five, what is the capital of New Hampshire.
Speaker 1: Concored conquered this west something is it? Leon, I don't know. Concord, Yeah, Concord true.
Speaker 4: Question of one city, New Hampshire City, that would be three.
Speaker 11: So Don with your guests of two picking up one point and that rounds out for Its on the Street in first place.
Speaker 5: With fourteen points. Congratulations to Don.
Speaker 1: And dus Heffe.
Speaker 11: In second place, yep, almost the record, in second place with ten points Sea Land slash Sport Johnston. And in third place with five points Shawn slash Space Grace. That means in first place and still leading on Fritz on the Street with one hundred and seven points, Christopher Lane in second place.
Speaker 5: With ninety five points, twelve.
Speaker 11: Points away Don that mortgage guy, Don, And in third place with seventy seven points Sean Watson and that is Sprints on the Street.
Speaker 1: Thank you, but so so I know next time what is the record? The record is? Let's see fifteen or sixteen, eighteen ten?
Speaker 5: All right, said by Josh Fowler.
Speaker 1: I'll work on it. Oh yeah, I mean you're gonna have to refine the whole Wikipedia dump of the answering. But uh, Seana, Sean, if you guys were tied. I would I like that. I'm throwing the flag on a field for one thing when I got stomped. Hear your objection if you guys were tied a last. We are not a last. We are not tied. All right, I know Fritz has got to get out here. Fritz, we love you, we appreciate you. Make sure you're playing every single time Fritz does Fritz's Funhouse Trivia. I want you to be there. You can find all of this social media platforms to follow along, follow great people in radio so you can stay with them no matter what. This is what I've been telling you. You could do that over on the news junkie dot com, slash share. Fritz, we appreciate you.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: And don you want to hang out for do you have to? I'm getting got a few minutes. Okay, let's have don hang out for the next segment. That's good quick break. When we come back, we'll get into some of your feedback. A lot of people are reacting to some of the stories we've brought up today so far. I got to get into this controversial thing from the New York Times that we'll hit on, and a whole lot more. Uh and that is coming up next. Something to use junk key. Our friend Don is with us hanging out today. Don I saw a moment to go to somebody in chat, and uh, it just kind of flexing on me. Austin is his name. I don't know if you know him by that or not, but I guess he went through you and got his interest rate and he's flexing at two point twenty five over there. Wow, he's flexing at two point twenty five right now, that's the way to do it. I said, I don't even know how you got a hold of that, Austin. With that, I don't even know how you can figure out a two point twenty five. But anyways, we've got our friend Don hanging out with us today. Don You may hear them on the weekends here on this station, as a matter of fact, doing his show. There's a bunch of people checking in saying they listen to the show all the time. I listened running my errands, and that's where I learned that I'm not allowed to burn down my own house because I still have a mortgage. I did not know that there was not within my rights that if I own my property outright, then I could do whatever I want and burn my house down, but since I have a mortgage, the bank frowns upon those types of acts. That adds up.
Speaker 6: That's one of the many PSAs that you can hear on Saturday mornings, you know, telling you what not to do, like don't burn down your house.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you. Somebody said, I know this sounds like an insult, but it's not. All right, this is not an insult. Somebody said, I don't have a mortgage, and I don't really care that much about mortgages, but I listen every week because it's actually a really good show. See that. That's like the best. That's the highest pray. I think you could say to somebody it was I'd be like somebody listening to this show and be like, I don't have a news I don't know much about news, but you know, I guess it's a good show.
Speaker 6: I think that's That's probably the most common comment that we get is uh, you know, people text in and say say that on site, I got Fritz there, I got MJ.
Speaker 1: It's a great show. We have a good time. We're all funny people and it's fun to do. Yeah, people seem to love it. That's fantastic. Uh, well, Donna is going to be hanging out with us to do Fritz on the Street, and we've uh, we've also got different ways connect with him, which would be interesting. You got your own studio, huh, he's just built up a studio. Is it in your office of your house?
Speaker 6: It's in my house. But it was it wasn't kind of, it wasn't really optional. When COVID happened, Ihart said, you can't come in here anymore, so I had to do a studio at home.
Speaker 1: Oh true. COVID really Uh, COVID really banked on a lot of these microphone manufacturers and mixer people and all kinds of stuff. Yeah, there was a point in time there. Obviously. The moment that happened is when I started broadcasting from here. We started doing the whole show from here, and it was hard to get equipment right in that moment. It was hard to get video cameras and microphones and studio equipment because everybody was trying to do the same thing. And I think churches, a lot of churches were trying to do that same thing, so they just started building up equipment. Did you build out like a whole the whole studio your place.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, I've got two mixers, I mean a mixer and a couple of microphones. It's not it's nothing crazy, it's just it's in my it's my guest room slash studio.
Speaker 1: There you go, yeah, I mean I this is when I started, and then I just kept building things and building things. You had to get a bigger house to get a bigger studio because he had a guest room there. There there was an attached bathroom. It was the only studio, the only studio I've ever done any work from that had its its own attached bathroom. And I would always steal his column, I always because it give me some credit for it, because there was at that time with the attached bathroom. Because it was just a guest bedroom at a high rise plays and I built the studio into the guest bedroom. I set up the guest bathroom like it was a bathroom at like a like a restaurant, right, So it has one of those little mirrored trays. That's why I kept stealing his cologne, because it looked like a kind of the kind of place where a bathroom attendant would be, like, you know, giving you a couple of spritzes and handing you paper towels. It was all of that without the bathroom attendant. Did you leave a couple of bucks?
Speaker 3: No? No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: He didn't leave a dime. Lucky if I bought a couple of beers. Those guys always make me feel uncomfortable, like I feel like I have to let them give me the towel. And you know, you use the handicapstall, use the handicap stall that has its own sink. It doesn't matter. We still come out and they still do that thing where they look at the palm of their hand and they look at you and they look at the palm of their hand and they're like, ah, God, get my dollar and take a pack of cigarettes, and you're out of there. And I've done this, don I've I've walked out before where I was like, I don't have any cash and the guys like, I'll take venmo. We're talking about man, am I supposed to do here? This is ridiculous technology, right, Yeah? So I started building up all that stuff. But back in the day, when I had my first studio in the high rise apartment downtown, it was I had no idea how to set any of this stuff up. I still don't. Actually, Austin, who got that really low rate through that mortgage, you guy done, is the one who builds my studio stuff out for me, and he's a whiz on all of this stuff. But the first studio that I built out, I was so dumb that I made the studio the desk that I sat out was facing the wall, so like when we would do a show over there, like we do secret shows and Sea Lane would be I think we might even had some shows we did where you were like behind me, right or did I switch that before? I think you switched it before. Yeah, the first way I said it was I was staring at the real dumb setup before. And then we kind of fixed that the guest would be behind me, which you know, allows them to not have to see my face, but still it's not an ideal situation for communication. And even this we're able to see each other. I could see Don on the on the monitor here in front of me in the studio. But yeah, I didn't know you were into that stuff and had that that whole setup going. That makes it so much easier, right, for sure? For sure?
Speaker 6: I mean for about two years we came in here, you know, every Saturday morning. But uh, at first I wasn't too too hot about it, but now I wouldn't change it for the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fun. You have fun to any like radio? Oh I love it? Yeah, and you know you Caral, Sean and Don prefer to not be here. Ye, right, Why why would I want to be there? If you heard how loud the air conditioner is at that place?
Speaker 6: I heard Jesus got I got to get out of bed by eight fifty five for the nine am show now, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's the way to go right there. You could do it in your underwear if you want. You know, I don't know you guys doing video? Do you stream video? Not so far? I mean, now I should, I really should. Everybody tells me I should. I just haven't. Haven't haven't done it yet. I've spent some time with you and and your wife, and uh, mostly we're usually someplace drinking, hanging out, having good time together. But I'm excited to get to know you a little bit better on the show here. Did you did you grow up or or at some point you're like, did you like listening to talk? Radio a lot. Have you been into talk radio?
Speaker 6: I'm literally I know you hear it all the time, but I'm one of those people that's been in oral end of my whole life. And I've been listening to this station, you know since uh Party City days when RUSS was on Saturdays and back in the day. Really uh yeah, way way back. I've been listening to the station.
Speaker 1: Any what was your you have a favorite show over the years, anything that you really was like, this was the thing that you think about when you're doing your show on the weekends.
Speaker 6: Now, well, of course Jim Phillips, but you know, every everybody, everybody you know that's that's everybody's model, role model, so to speak. But the one that always makes me laugh was the one back in the day. I don't even know if you ever heard of. It was called Crying, Loving and Leaving with the what.
Speaker 1: Was that guy's name? Uh, I don't know. Crying, Loving and Leaving that that's not the shortest title for a radio show I've ever heard, Crying, Loving and Leaving about It was like it was in the midday and it was like about it was like what's going on in your life?
Speaker 6: It was about your sex, life is about your boyfriend done you wrong? It was crying, loving and leaving.
Speaker 1: It was that was on this station. Yeah, I think it was was a guy named Ed Hartley. Does that sound right? I can look it up. Let me see what this. There's an Ed guy that we had, Yeah, not Ed till it was before that crying, loving and leaving in the midday with Ed Harley. I see it at Harley a host of crying, loving and leaving. Here was a It doesn't have years on it, It's got before they came up with years. The invention of the year. Yeah, I think it was early nineties probably, Okay, oh wow, all right, wow. That guy's ears are either ringing or he is no longer with us. I am not sure.
Speaker 6: His big deal was people would call in and say it was their birthday and he would play this big fanfare music and he got super annoying.
Speaker 1: It was just like it was. It was campy, uh intentionally right, got it? But back then, don you didn't have nearly as much competition, so people were like, yeah, I'll take what I can get. You know, now, it could be the weekend and you could go, well, I don't have as much competition on the weekends. Hell no, you got competition from every angle. Every single show's got something on every single station's got something on every podcast, every five inches. It's just an endless thing. I got no competition on Saturdays.
Speaker 6: That's why I always say we're the most talked about, the most listened to, the most live show on Saturday mornings between nine and ten thirty.
Speaker 1: They'll bring back until they bring back to love it dragon or leave it or I hope I'm not killing him off on unintentionally. I mean, I thought it was like sixty five then, so I don't know. Well, I will say that the picture of him on the website that I found is in black and white. It's the only the only other picture in black and white is Fritz. So but that's that seems a stylistic choice. Fritz is actually about four hundred. Yeah, I would believe it. Yeah, Well, we're excited to have you on board. I think you're great, and make sure you're listening on weekends. If you're here in town. If you're elsewhere, you can follow along. Probably can you help ab out people from other cities and stuff, or you've only focused in Central Florida.
Speaker 6: Oh no, we're all over Florida. I do un good us to Pensacola, and we can do other stuff. Commercial loans, SBA loans, we do those in all fifty states, but residential primaries all of Florida.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, support people who support the show, and that mortgage guy Don absolutely does that. We appreciate him. If you need any help with any of this stuff. Where could people go? Go to the website that mortgage got Don dot com. There you go, that mortgage guy Don dot com. Oh can we talk real quick while we have them. We've never gone over this with with Don obviously. All right, do people ever tell you that they misunderstand the jingle? I get people.
Speaker 6: We do get people that ask what the first part it says that, which is compare your compare your quote, don't miss the boat.
Speaker 1: It's it's don't miss the boat, compare your quote. Right when I, when Selan and I hear people talk about this, we're like, what how do you not hear this? How do you not hear this? But like, okay, it so obviously says don't miss the boat, compare your quote. And people will come up with things. They'll go, oh, I thought he said, and they'll repeat a line that I'll go, where did you even get that from? We've had it, we did it.
Speaker 6: We did it on air one time, and people send in their guesses of what they thought it. What they thought it was. You know, Fritz wrote that and and uh did the lyrics to music with his lovely wife Darcy. Yeah, and so I even had recently, like a year ago, he went in and did another version to punch up the vocals to try and make it more clear. And we still get that question. But yeah, norm it's so obvious to me, but I do.
Speaker 1: Every once in a while somebody will say, oh, here's what I thought he said, and I was wondering what that had to do with mortgages. I will say the first time that somebody said it, uh, and they had their guess of what they said it was don't miss the broken paper? And I went what And then I listened. Of course, who wouldn't think it's a don't miss the broken paper? That makes perfect sense. I am all right, I have it here somewhere, have the wrong thing out there. We go this whole day. It's gonna be. I'm not not hearing broken paper as much. I don't know.
Speaker 6: No, that is I try, and I try and beat on that though, because that is the number one mistake that people make, is they don't compare their quote after they get that first one.
Speaker 1: And and I see so many people just leave so much money on the table. Don't do that. That's that is just a dumb move for all involved. So that mortgage guy down dot com, thank you, Dom. We appreciate you man, thanks for having you guys. Absolutely do it again next week. We look forward to, uh your your veracity at the game. Because the guy came in just firing like a like a machine gun, and now we're gonna have to rethink things. I didn't want to let you guys down. I'll do better next week. No, pray, get back with more just a second. That's coming up next on the news. Chunky, I'm nervous too, And I was like, oh, you know, maybe we should maybe we should go easy on him. How do we make them more nervous next time? We can we add like an electrical shock to the chair that he's sitting in or something one of those one of those like police lights that just puts you a little bit off, like I don't know, and we need something that gives him the threat of death at some moments. Eventually he's going to do it from his own house where he's comfortable. We're so screwed. Jerry Duty is on the way here in just a moment on the show. A couple of things happening. One that I wanted to announce here was that I guess the Trump administration, love them or hate him, has signed an order to reclassify state licensed medical marijuana as a less dangerous drug. Okay, Chift questions the licensed medical marijuana from Schedule one to Schedule three. According to the Associated Press, so it seems like it's specifically from licensed medical marijuana place. That was my question because a handful of months ago or whenever we first started talking about this, and they said, you know, there's talk that the Trump administration or people under the Trump administration might be looking to reclassify marijuana, which is currently a Schedule one drug, which is the worst, the one like heroin levels right, I don't even think heroin is Scheduled one. Schedule one I think carries the worst penalty. It doesn't mean it's the worst drug, but Schedule one is supposed to mean that there's no medical reason for it so heroin would be you know, heroin and cocaine and some of the others are less because they're there. They used to Heroin used to be in like cough syrup and stuff, and there used to be medical reasons that they would either prescribe or study it. Now with Schedule one, I think like LSD is in there too, because there's no reason. There's no doctor that's like, you know what you need? You know what really cure this case of whatever you got. I've fixed some stuff, dropping a couple tabs. Yeah, you know, you got some emotional problems. You can either sort them out or it will one shot you. That's how it works, like ayahuasca. It wasn't until this morning when I was watching this on the news and they were like, they're going to reclassify federally licensed medical marijuana, and I go, are we dividing the two? Are we separating the two? Yeah? I mean the regular weed, which will be the same exact thing on the streets, that's still class one. And then if it comes from medical place, even though it looks exactly the same, that's class three. It's the exact same thing. Yeah, Yeah, it doesn't make sense, And so what we're getting here is like they still want the war on drugs for the illegal weed, and we're gonna just ease off this federal thing, which I think is better for the people who have cards. It gives them a little more, i don't know, reassurance that nothing bad is gonna happen even though you have a card from this state or you're going to this state. But it still begs the question, like, why is the regular marijuana still there? It doesn't need to be there, It doesn't it never needed to be there because it's not you know, it's not as dangerous as some of that other stuff. And there are already things in the schedule list that you cannot possess unless you have a prescription. What if some of those guys in the boats were bombing have weed though, And does this change anything from them? Maybe that's why they're leaving the illegal stuff up top. Yeah, yeah, maybe maybe because they go, look, this isn't coming from a doctor. Here's one of the takes I saw almost six hundred thousand views a Sagar and Jetty, a host of some internet show, and he says, thank you, President Trump, hold on to your butts. He's being facetious here, he's not seriously thanking him. Thank you, President Trump for having the courage to massively enrich weed companies. I'll stop there. Why is that bad? Who cares? Why if it's an American marijuana company, why do you care? Why are you upset that they're massively enriching weed companies. If the weed companies employ a whole bunch of Americans, I don't know what they all do, but if they did, I go, that's fantastic. They are enriching these American companies who hire hiring hopefully American people, hopefully for decent jobs. And then we're taxing the hell out of this stuff from him. I'm fine with that. But I guess this guy is like, very sarcastically not thank you, President Trump for having the courage to massively enriched weed companies help mass poison the American public. Which of all the problems people have with weed, it's like, this is going to mass poison the American public. Well, I mean, people get to make decisions on poisoning themselves or not. That's part of the American experience. If you want to swill down a whole bunch of alcohol and spend your days just being as drunk as you can, poisoning yourself with it. You're allowed to do it. I've tried it out a couple of times. If you want to do that, you can do it. So this like the idea that this is mass poisoning the American public, okay, and then further in trench the putrid odor of marijuana in public life. Truly, no one has ever had this type of courage before. In the office. You now sit, said this person, he's very upset about the marijuanas, and I was wrong about heroin. Heroin's Heroin Schedule one, Schedule two high potential for abuse, independence, some medicinal qualities like it in cocaine, methoxicon, materal. For a second there, I thought you were gonna say I was wrong about heroin and then come with a really hard take on it. Actually, fantastic, no more headaches. It's just been really really good for me so far. Schedule three tail and all with codine, ketamine, steroids, testosterone. I had no testosterone was scheduled three. That's crazy. Schedule four xanax valum I love. By the way, this is from Bob Blah Blah, which just so you know is an arrested development joke, which is nice. And bob blah Blah responded to this guy's take. I have a friend that injected one marijuana and he overdons after he woke up from the coma. He left his wife and kids. Marijuana root who I read about that on his blog, The bob blah blah Blah blog. I have a friend that injected one marijuana and he overdosed, which is pretty fantastic.
Speaker 6: I do like that.
Speaker 1: You're an idiot with no educational the benefits of cannabis, at least used the right term, since you claim to be a journalist. Alcohol is far more detrimental than marijuana. That's just facts. Get rid of alcohol and reclassified marijuana. Alcohol has no medicinal benefits. Hey, watch your mouth. So somebody posts this smoking a doobie, you're smoking with Satan, just as simple token of the devil's letters can make you sacrifice your family to Satan, just like Peter did. Wow, marijuana is the leading cause of America's youth joining Satanic cults, and that's a fact. Be smart, don't start from the ad council, they said. Sometimes I wonder if these things were like really, there's so many things that go viral where it's like, let's take a look back to nineteen eighty three where they ran these commercials, and it's like, if it's a video, that's one thing. But when I see these these ads, these poster looking ads, sometimes I go I took a class in college where one of our assignments was to take like the box of like a cereal box or something and re envision it with photoshop, And sometimes I wonder if any of these people are just going, I had this this thing we had to do in class where we re envision an anti drug ad and just go ham on it. Terrell on YouTube says Sean, It's part of the American experience. It's part of the American experiment. Why are we blaming the cartel for the fetanyl crisis in this country? I mean, do I have to explain the difference between feentanyl and marijuana to you? The way I view these things is there are some things we should let people do, bad decisions we should let people make. If you've heard this show at all, you probably know my take on this tends to be that I believe the meaning of life is as if we've been booted into or spawn into a video game, and the true meaning of it all is just to have an enjoyable ride. Whatever that is, whatever makes you happy, whatever gives you the best outcomes that you enjoy. You are literally in a once in a lifetime experience here, and I want you to enjoy it. I literally want less people to be miserable and angry about everything. I want you to just enjoy yourself. And if you can enjoy yourself and have better outcomes with smoking weed, I don't smoke weed. I don't think smoking weed is great, but I don't think it's any worse than merriwa are than a drinking or so many of these other things. Sean likes to drink his weed these days. I think people should be able to eat food that's bad for them. I think people should be able to do things that are bad for them, and then they should be held accountable for their own personal decisions afterwards. That's how I feel about it. And I think fentanyl is just shockingly drastically different than marijuana. But that's just me. I'll push jury duty back. We'll do that when we come back. And I got it. Update. Remember when there was the Disney lawsuit over the restaurant at Disney Springs. Yes, they told us, they told that guy, see Lane, hey, you can't sue because you're a Disney Plus member. And then that blew up real big. I didn't expect it. But in Jury Duty we have an update on that. Plus we'll get into the big controversy of the day that was printed in the New York York Times. That is coming up next, and the new use junk Kie one of the stories that's getting the most attention, especially on social media today. Uh and uh it's it's like an interview that they turn into an article, I guess. And I've always found when you have to come up with new names for stuff, you're probably telling you with the new name that what you're trying to justify is wrong. And they talk about like, hey, shoplifting is great, it's a political protest. It's micro looting, right, Okay, well I go micro looting. They're like, micro looting is a great way, this is the New York Times, a great way to fight back against the capitalist system and take down the big corporations like Whole Foods. So crime, Yeah, micro looting. I'm like, micro looting is stealing that's what it is when you have to have a new name for something that's like whoa, ho, whoa, don't call me that word. This was less than consensual sex that I was having with this woman. No, it's right. You don't just change the word and change the crime. You're still stealing stuff, and you're stealing stuff from places and you're not supposed to do that. If you're trying to justify something that might be wrong, I can see where you go, Well, it's just this like a perfect example. I used to hear from people that are like, I don't illegally download movies, I stream them. Yeah, I stream free movies. So I mean I think I'm in the clear. And I go, you're still getting something that they don't want you to get because you haven't provided them with any money. Sure, and that's the most common one. And then you know you have like some other digital levels of this. And then I look like the weirdo because I go, well, what if you're streaming CP and they're like whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. I go, well, you're not in possession of it, you're just streaming it. Are you still doing something bad? I would tell you, like if you wanted to say, hey, if there was a news outlet that you thought was really bad for American culture, and somebody sent you a link to that news article and it had a paywall, and you wanted to go around it and not give them the money for the digital product. Okay, if you were somebody who said, hey, uh, there's a movie that's out right now, and whilst I want to know more about it, I want one hundred percent don't want to support the people who have made this movie. So I'm going to pirate it instead. And that's what I'm gonna do, because it's you know, I want to know what's happening, I want to get the source material, but I don't want to support them, and so this is something that I want to pirate. And said, you can make some level arguments about this, and I would go, I get it. I understand that makes sense. I'm on board. But when you're talking about going into a whole Foods and stealing stuff, it's not cool and you're not doing something cool, and it's not some awesome way to flex your socialism or whatever, and you're not microluting. You're stealing stuff. And I hope when you do they get you arrested. Well that they get you arrested for stealing stuff from the Whole Foods and in the middle of your stupid micro looting protest. It's weird that they mentioned Whole Foods in the intro paragraph to this article, because the whole first couple paragraphs when you get into the transcript, like the nuts and bolts are talking about digital micro looting, like they're talking about sharing Netflix passwords, the thing you said to which is going around a paywall on an article you're trying to read. Yeah, somebody said, would you pirate music from an indie band? Is it two thousand and five? And I'm using LimeWire because yes, yeah, So there's levels of this that you can understand. But then it goes to there's the dumb streamer who's a multi millionaire saying the rich don't play strict by the rules. Why should I?
Speaker 3: He is?
Speaker 1: He is rich, by the way, his name is San Piker, And he said in this the government funded anti piracy initiatives like would you steal a car? And he said, yeah, if I could get away with it, And they go into actually stealing physical things, and they end up talking at some point in time, like stealing from a big box store. One of the women who's talking to The New York Times says, yes, I have stolen before, under very specific circumstances. I will say I think that stealing from a big box store, I'll just date my platform. I think it's neither very significant as a moral wrong, nor is it significant in any way as protest or direct action. But I did steal from Whole Foods on several occasions, this woman says to The New York Times. Right, I've been involved in neighborhood mutual aid groups since twenty twenty one, and I would go get groceries and steal from the Whole Foods, she says. And then they get back and forth on this and like stealing is some sort of radical thing to take down the corporate system. Now, this shouldn't be an argument that I even need to make, but I'll make it very, very quickly. Here's why stealing is bad. Stealing leads to a culture that negatively impacts None of the people in this discussion, all right, Nobody from the New York Times will be impacted by this, not one, not a single one of them. The streamer that took part of this, who gets millions and millions of dollars from Amazon, who owns Twitch, the platform on which he exclusively streams that streamer, will never face any of the negative outputs or consequences from what they're talking about here. This is so often the case with these people who try to talk about this from some high level as if you know, this is the true way to handle this, because they don't have to deal with the negative outcomes. You know who will deal with the negative outcomes Poor people. Poor people who do not work for the New York Times, who do not get millions of dollars from Jeff Bezos at Amazon, who do not get a whole bunch of money for writing for the biggest newspaper in the entire c true possibly around the world. Those people will never, ever, ever, ever be negatively impacted by this. Poor people will because when you start to encourage a culture of this, and we've seen this happen in a lot of cities around the United States of America, you encourage a culture that leads to the situation we have when you go into a target and everything's locked up, when you go into a CVS store and you have to ask for help from the one employee that's left so that they can get the deodorant and the axe body spray from behind lock and key, because people keep walking in there and stealing it because it's been justified by a bunch of other losers. There are literally bad outcomes. The outcomes are the closing of stores, mostly discount stores and poor neighborhoods. That is a bad outcome every single time. It is a bad outcome for poor people to lose options like going to the local store that might be affordable for them because you have encouraged people through lowering the threshold for crimes that you go to jail for, or through just saying morally, I don't believe this is the wrong thing at all, and go for it. Just go steal from the whole foods, no big whoop. When you do this stuff, you harm the poor and impoverished people who rely on going to the places that get stolen from the most. You do not see a rolex outlet. You do not see the fanciest stores in the mall. You do not see the Cardier store getting shut down as a result of this stuff. It's the corner store, it's the small place, it's the Walmart with the good deals that just gets tired of everybody stealing. It is a bad impact on every single poor person out there. That's number one and the most important thing. None of these people will ever have to face that outcome. They're all rich, they are all so spoiled, and they are all so privileged in making this statement. The second most important thing is that when you do this, not only do these places close, but they fire people, because there were people who are working these jobs in these impoverish neighborhoods that are affected by this kind of poisonous ideology that stealing is not actually bad and nobody gets hurt. It's just the big corporations just do it. You're not doing anything wrong. The people who work in those neighborhoods and are just trying to get a job to drag themselves out of poverty and just get a couple of dollars extra an hour, those people end up getting fired, the jobs end up disappearing, and you end up with less and less alternatives. You end up with what is inarguably a worse just speaking in terms of the esthetic of the world situation where every store we go into has lock and key, and the stakes are locked up. I've ever seen this. The stores where they lock up the stakes, they have security things hold them, security stakes steaks. Let me see if I can bring this up. So you don't think I'm too crazy. I don't know. I don't think you're crazy. I have had to ask for assistance on getting memory cards. I've had to ask for assistance or I was able to reach behind the lock and get my bottle of nexium one time. They made it pay for it, but I still was able to get around it, or maybe even maybe even baby formula things like that that they often That was a hot one for a while because maybe when it remember when it was so out of stock. Yes, to the point where people were trying to release recipes online of how to make your own baby formula. And then the other people were like, no, no, no, it's very dangerous to make your own baby formula. It is a very uh you know, it's a very specific thing and things could go wrong when you try to make it yourself. Yes. Yes, And and the people stealing baby formula aren't people who are stealing it because they need formula to feed their babies. They're people who are stealing it and selling it on Facebook marketplace. They're stealing it. They're going to In San Francisco, there's this marketplace that you can go to in the middle of the city. And you go there and all these people are selling the stuff that they have stolen from all the CVS stores. They just walk in there with a big garbage bag. They steal all this stuff. Nobody does anything, even if they get arrested, they just release them immediately and nothing happens to them. Then the CBS closes. Then the marketplace is infiltrated with this stuff that you can't even trust that they're selling to try to make money. Then the steaks are in cages. I'm showing you right now. This is a store where they have to lock up the stakes because people steal twenty dollars steaks or fifteen dollars steaks. It looks like the same fence that Cal used to live behind, probably right. But those are just three easy points that I can make too. One. This is something that doesn't just affect corporations. It affects people having access to discount food options and discount options in their places. It affects places that close down routinely because of thievery. That's encouraged like this and takes good, decent jobs out of these cities one by one. The rich cities never have to deal with this. It doesn't face them at all. The rich people never have to deal with this. They go back to their gated neighborhoods and they're million dollar homes, and then they encourage everybody else to make the poor neighborhoods worse. And the third thing is is aesthetically, it's like the end of the world that we now have to have everything locked up. Why because so many people want to justify stuff like this. It's not hard to say stealing is wrong. They go on further, and it's to justify the murder of the healthcare CEO that they say they understand. We can understand a murder of a man who is a father, a man who his murder solved zero things with the healthcare industry, which certainly is flawed in this country. And they go on again to justify these things because they know it won't negatively impact them. These are rich loser champagne socialist suckers who do it all for an aesthetic and they never have to face the negative outcomes that this drums up because their grocery store doesn't lock up the Rabbi stakes. All right, that's what you have here, and it's mainstreamed in these cases by the New York Times, like the idea that somebody from the nation's leading newspaper wouldn't go, well, hang on, that's stupid, that's ridiculou this. You want to protests Amazon, Say the next Amazon studio released movie comes out, and you want to pirate that movie? Do it?
Speaker 6: Do it?
Speaker 1: I don't care, Nobody cares. That is a direct protest against the company that made the product. The people are already paid. All this stuff makes much more sense if you do it within that zone. Right. You think a band is a bunch of racist, but you're gonna do a story on them, So you want to hear some of the songs that they wrote, so you can write with some level of authority, But you don't want to put money in their pocket. Okay, you think Gary Glitter is a creepy kid toucher, but you don't want anybody related to gy Gary Glitter the Hey, that guy, that guy, he's a creepy kid toucher. If you didn't know, all right, he's a disgusting, creepy kid toucher. You don't want him or anybody associated with him to get any money from the song, And you want to download that song. Fine, that's okay, Dan says, but that's stealing. No, it's not if you can't draw the line between the two of those one being the physicality of the object and the negative impacts that come directly from it, and what happens when you're actually doing something out of a protest like that. I mean, I think it's pretty obvious. Maybe it's not obvious to you, but I think it's fairly obvious the difference between those two things. This articles dumb. They did like a wrap up. They said, we talked about a different a couple different things. Let's give a smasher pass yes or no. Summary, And they said, steal from Whole Foods. One person sure, the other person sure. Burn down your employer's warehouse because you're mad about wage theft. No, And the piker says, my lawyers are telling me to answer no. Yeah, stupid murder the CEO of healthcare company. No, no, just a yes, I'm stealing from Whole Foods. That's your micro looted. Yeah, all right, so you see where they're going, and they want to say more. He wants to go, yeah, I justify the guy burning down the warehouse. By the way, this is how small these people's infantile brand. This is like sand brain nonsense. The guy who burns down the warehouse who says that he wasn't getting a living wage. All you had to do is pay me a living wage, and he burns down the warehouse because he like worships Luigi Mangioni or whatever. This is real. This happened, We played it on the show. The guy who burns down that warehouse single handedly got rid of hundreds of jobs that other people were fine with. His decision, again, a selfish decision that worries about the outcomes of him and him alone, and not the outcomes of all of the other people. His decision to do this, to burn down the warehouse ruined the jobs for all of the people who worked in this place. And the people who are the rich folks who are running the faculty or the facility that operated this that the guy burned down that they were like wink wink, nudge nudge, good jobbing. The people who own that place have insurance that will pay for it, and the only people that get squeezed out every time is the poor people. So that's why I think this is gross and it's loser stuff. You're trying to look cool in front of the NZ kids are like, hell yeah, steal from bezos. He's got enough money. But what you're saying actually has negative impacts and has negative impacts on poor people, the people you pretend to care about, but you really don't give a damn about. You only care about the five hundred dollars Gucci shirt you're wearing, or I don't even know what brand is that expensive. I can't even pretend to be a Champagne socialist. All right, let me come back, we'll get into your thoughts are sparkling white socialist I am. I mean, look, I just think it's so dumb. It's so painfully obviously dumb. And I was talking about how this is the stuff I would write on my wall, Ceilane, when I was in Chasing Edmund. I would have a marker and my parents would be like, stop running on the wall in your room, Sean, and I'd go, you can't stop me. I'm a SKA band guy now, and I'd write if the opposite of pro is con. What's the opposite of congress and murder the government? I want to see the Constitution burn America as a whore, America whore exactly. I would I would be writing all those things. You know why, because I was a dumb kid with dumb ideas and I didn't actually care about who they were impacting. Let's legitimately make life better for poor people. This ain't doing it, man, This ain't doing it in any way, shape or form. Okay, back in a moment, we'll get into you your response. We got a lot of dispatches coming in. We'll see what you think about all of this. It's coming up next to the new Who's Chunky? All right? We want to continue on in the power hour of the show. Here. We're behind because see Lane has been really screwing things up. It's quite obvious to anybody who's paying attention, super obvious. See Lane is really making us late on the show here today. But I want to tell you something before we get to a v have the micro looting mega rant. I want to tell you something because this may resonate with you in a way. Before we get to a very late Jerry Duty Seiland. There's some updates on that IVF embryo mix up. And for those of you who don't know, when Selane was trying to have Jackson for a little while, you guys were entertaining some IVF style stuff and like working on that process. Yes, and then you were blessed with a beautiful Jackson. As the story goes, we were about to make the down payment on doing the actual you know, retrieving of the eggs and freezing of all the other stuff, and I was going to have to probably do the thing in some uncomfortable places to make that thing happen. And then we were you know, Ashley, my wife was on the phone with these people about to read off her credit card number, and she said, hey, you know, I have a faint line on this test here. Maybe i'll call you back tomorrow. That's so crazy, man, That's that's so wild and so fortunate and honestly that you know that it turned out that way. And now Jackson gets assassium, which is one of all the other current things. But I bring this up because there's an update on the couple that had this IVF mix up where they the white couple ended up with the black baby. And they said, I think something has gone wrong here. I think there may have been a mix up. This is the story that came out today. I'll bring it up in front of me here. And when I was reading this, I said, are you kidding me? My god? It says doctors question labeling practices after Longwood IVF embryo mix up. That's Longwood, Florida and in vitro fertilization embryo mix up. So doctor's question labeling practices after Longwood embryo mix up. The story goes as an IVF clinic in Longwood gets ready to close at the end of May because of an embryo mix up. Doctors from other IVF clinics say it should have never happened. One doctor, as they do. One doctor says he had to turn away a couple from the Longwood clinic concerned their embryos were compromised. Doctor Mark Trellis of the IVF center says patients from the fertility center Orlando and Longwood have been approaching for help. He says, it's tragic on so many levels, and it really disclosed that the labeling system seems to have been faulty at this facility. All right. So the facility that is shutting down is the facility where these people ended up getting the wrong baby, right. They ended up getting the wrong stuff and it led to them giving birth to this baby and the white couple as a black baby. And now the whole thing is blown up. And he says one of the problems was that the labeling at this facility was handwritten. When it goes into liquid nitrogen after a period of time, it may not be as legible. Trellis says in one case he had to turn a couple down concern their embryos were compromise. He said, this one couple where embryos were received and the labeling was just not to the stand we felt comfortable, we had to turn them away. At the Center for Reproductive Medicine, doctors say they have checks and balances in place to prevent an embryo mix up, and not here it didn't. That's where we were going, Okay, CRM, they have stuff in place that make sure this doesn't happen. At the IVF labs, several alarms are in place to protect the embryos. Doctor Patel says it's rare that a mix up occurs anytime reproductive tissue is handled, it is independently identified by two separate embryologists, and the doctor Charles Guy goes your heart goes out to the couples that have to have endured this. So this doctor is saying, one of the problems at this clinic is that they would hand right, They would hand right on the samples that they were storing away. They would handwright the person's information and name, and they would lower it into the liquid nitrogen to keep it really really cold so it would stay fine. Could you imagine if you had handwritten on these these containers of embryos to pull them out of the liquid nitrogen. And they're like, we don't know who this is. We've kept this on ice for a while, but we had Sean Watson doing the writing. We probably can't zoom it enough to make this work. But my handwriting this says AJ Soup video Dummy or AJ Soup video Thursday, and then it says the name of our last secret show. The notes in front of me here. No normal person would haven't been able to read this beforehand. I'm so glad now they yeah, I do, thank god, because Sea Lant had a hard time reading when I took the picture of it and sent it to him for a weekend syndicated show. But they would take it and they would handwrite the people's information for their embryos or semen sample that they were putting into liquid nitrogen. And then when they would put it down in there, it would get all screwed up. And when they'd bring it out, they couldn't read the label. And they bring out the label, they go, I don't I don't know, is this your embryo?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 1: Here we go and they put the embryo on you. Next thing, you know, white couples having black babies, and you just think to yourself, hold on.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 1: Celian knows much more about this than I do, But I do know one thing that is real clear to me. This is way too expensive for you to be cutting any corners when you're dred percent. And also, I think for the amount that you invest into this, the problem is with the place that this family has used. I think they're shut down now, you know, I think they're no longer. I don't know what happens to all those embryos or what goes on when a place like that shuts down. But if this were to happen and at a place that is still kind of chugging along doing their thing, and maybe they wouldn't trust it, but I think they're owed not only a refund, but like another free go at it. Yeah, and at the very least the road that, at the very least if they even wrongly paid. Am I correct to suggest they paid at least like tens of thousands of dollars?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Right of money. It's like, uh, you know, when you have a really bad cruise experience, like the poop cruise, and I'm sure that they're they offered the world to these people and probably a free cruise at some point, and there's you know a lot of people would never get on a boat again after that, but there'd be a couple that would go, hey, you guys should probably have it pretty locked up by now, you know, after that one poop cruise. Yeah, I think I think now's the time to go. Right, We're not still pooping in bags, are we. We've found a better solution happen. If you have that happened twice, you should play the lot of all right, And that's Jerry duty for today. I also work this in real quick. The update on that Disney lawsuit. The woman who went to Disney Springs. She went to Raglan Road, which is just for the record, I know this isn't great for them, a really good Irish rest, fantastic, really good brunch over there. My wait, didn't you just eat there for the first time? And you like texted me and Josh like that, we've been holding out on you. I said, why didn't you guys tell me about Raglan Roads? Delicious? It's so good. It's such a cool place to eat. If you're ever in Disney Springs, go check it out, especially their brunch over there. But this person, this doctor, had severe food allergies, and she ate at Raglan Road. She ordered a handful of things and I think they listed it on here somewhere in the story that I was looking at. But she ordered a bunch of things and when those things came in, she ended up with an allergic reaction that happened afterwards because she had very very strong allergies. She injected herself for or did the EpiPen, whatever you want to call it. She hit herself with the EpiPen, but it wasn't enough and this woman died. Now afterwards, Disney tried to pull the most insane legal maneuver ever. After this woman had an allergic reaction to the food at their Irish restaurant at Disney Springs. Disney said, you can't actually sue. To her husband, she said, you can't actually sue because Disney said, you can actually sue because you signed up for Disney Plus and the terms of Disney Plus, the streaming platform that has nothing to do with the shopping area Disney Springs, that has nothing to do with eating at an Irish restaurant. You signed up for it. And when you sign up for that, you agreed to mediation, and you weren't going to sue the Disney company that backfired on Disney. That that was turned around very quickly. Yeah, and they said either either Disney backed off of it because of the backlash or yeah, yeah they did. They did. But now there has been some sort of resolution to that case. They are not talking publicly about what actually happened or how much money they got, et cetera, et cetera. But the guy said the case is now settled, there is some sort of resolution, and the case is over for him. I'm imagination, yep, quick break when we come back final dispatch of stories that didn't make the cut, and today I learned to wrap everything up for a Thursday that is coming up next on the News junk Kie. Follow us over at the news Junkie dot com a slash share. I really mean that. That's the way you make a direct connection with us. If you care about what's happening around here, you want to follow along, you know, you want to instead of hooking into the corporate behemoth and their social media platforms. Follow people. Do that over at the news Junkie dot com slash share people. We are running out of time here on the show today, mostly because that mortgage guy Don's answer and Fritz on the Street was so long that it pushed us back. That's all right, that's what it was. I'm just I'm just angry because I lost so miserably. That's what that's that's what's got me five, which was you know, don't do this, don't don't patronize me, you know, you know, you know, I know what that is. Right, You've done this over around Jackson a little too jese of late, and you're like, oh, Jackson, you did a great job. No, yeah, Sean, good job, buddy. Yeah, Sean, you got five points on the board. Really impressive. Pal, It's not that we're going to the refrigerator. I want to work this in before the very end here, and then we'll try to work in a dispatch too. A YouTuber who should be publicly flogged. I mean this in the public square, did a I'm not going to say the person's name, did it, did a stunt for a YouTube video. They stormed into a subway and they brought like a massive swarm of people with them because they found out that subway has a policy. The policy says any customers that are waiting to order when the minute comes of closing time, they must serve them. Oh please. He showed up with like fifty people, all at the last minute that the subway was open, to make his video and go, what, we're all here at the very last minute. You can't close. You have to serve all of us. We're waiting to get our subway orders in right now, which is just what a bunch of dicks. Yeah, I mean, these are these people, These like women behind the counter at the subway were like six seconds away from packaging everything up and getting out of the workday. And this is the kind of stuff. We need to flog people for flog only in public. Only way this is funny is if those women we find out were compensated somehow or in on the joke or something. Because other than that, that is just a dick move from two people who want to get home to their families. Maybe they have to be somewhere at a certain time and they're counting on not having to serve fifty one dicks. Yeah, yeah, you don't know. And the people, Uh, he left a five hundred dollars tip. All right, that's less bad. This door was opened for fifty minutes five zero, fifty minutes past closing time. Will they made the subs for all the people so we could do a stupid virals And with that, it's time to get the hell out of here. Well, first, let's do one final dispatch. These are the final dispatches the shop push it the only tables, all right, let's see, let me refresh now I do, I got them all ready over here too. Let's let's see here. Let's get to our last one. This is a shark pay. Here's shark pay with the final dispatch for the.
Speaker 3: Day, tylor junkies, what's going on happy today, Not so much for me.
Speaker 1: You know, always trust your.
Speaker 3: Gut, right, you know you always want to take that risk and fight that good fight. But learn that lesson pretty hard today. And you think I would learn and I haven't, which is cool.
Speaker 5: Love you guys.
Speaker 3: Thanks for making me laugh all that jazz. Bye.
Speaker 1: She's vague posting. We don't know what you're talking about. Would you want to not hope everything's okay? Did you go on a date that went wrong? What happened? Oh my god? Somebody sends us into tips. The news Junkie dot Com says, this is from Lake Nona. Somebody's Lamborghini got Oh my god, it's somebody's Lamborghini and a TJ Max parking lot and the truck is driving up the front of the Lamborghini like it's a ramp. Is that a Silverado? I think it might be. Damn Chevy Silverado did some damage on this thing. All right, we gotta get the hell out of here. Here we go. We'll ask MO if there is some problems with that. Maybe let's do today Alert.
Speaker 4: The following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ.
Speaker 1: He's in tomorrow, so don't get cocky. It's what we call today. So finally, Ceiling can juice out the mo list, which has just gotten as stuffed as it possibly could be. If you learn jury duty like a forty five minutes late, I won't, I'll be I'll be good about it today. I learned for a Thursday, April twenty six today in this band Foreigner Foreigner is correct. Yes, the band Foreigner is composed of all American and British citizens. They did that so half of them would be foreigners no matter where they were playing, when they're in America or in the UK. I've done this like five times. Hey, they sold eighty million records, so maybe you like this one. On the way out. Thank you so much for hanging out with us. We do appreciate it. We're back tomorrow, same time, the same place they send in the show. Get the podcast Atthews Junkie dot Com. We'll see you tomorrow, everybody,