Speaker 1: This is Rover's Morning Glory.
Speaker 2: Rover, excuse me, Tusie was terrible, Charlie millions of abortions all the time, and Jeffrey, My last babble was a foot long.
Speaker 1: Streaming on Roverradio dot com.
Speaker 3: Rovers Morning Glory starts now.
Speaker 4: Good morning. What's happening?
Speaker 5: It is Tuesday, August twenty fifth, twenty six.
Speaker 4: Good morning, gets Rover's Morning Glory. I'm Rover. Dougie is here, Good morning, sir, Charlie is here.
Speaker 6: Hi, Snitzer is here, Amen, and Crystal is in the fart box.
Speaker 7: Hello.
Speaker 4: You're with us as well.
Speaker 5: Eight six six your Rover eight six six nine sixty seven six eight three seven. That's how you reach the show. Give us a call at that number. You can text us at that number as well. That comes into the studio in real time. If you text the word menu to that number, that gives you options to set your name, profile, picture, location, even make a video call into the show. Text the word menu to eight six six, Yo, Rover. We'll get to your email here in just a moment. We have a lot to discuss this morning. Feeling maybe slightly better about the same, I'm a little bit, a little bit sick, but I've been taking some cough crofts medicine and now well no, not cough drop some actual cough medicine.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, yeah, yeah, because to knock off the knock out the cough that I have.
Speaker 5: And but I'm not sick though, I just have a cough, a sore throat and a running nose.
Speaker 6: If you were, you'd be caught. You'd cough up along along. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Do you ever put do you ever put Vicks vapor rub on the bottom of your feet?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: I know no.
Speaker 6: Now we've talked about this and I said, it's an old wives tale. It's sort of weird myth that you believe in. And and onion slice in your in your sock. It draws all the toxins to the bottom of.
Speaker 5: Your face a right, and where would those toxins normally go if if there wasn't an onion slice, right.
Speaker 7: Like sock, they're in your head. But it draws and drains everything down. And eat garlic to garlic helps you get rid of I see, just saying, did you go to the doctor or you're just taking like taking some like day quill or something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, uh, let's see here.
Speaker 4: Sandy rights.
Speaker 5: When going to a fancy restaurant or fine dining with several courses of meals, does rovers still wear his hat? No, of course not not in a in a fancy restaurant and make sure I'm freshly shaved and show off that shiny bald head.
Speaker 6: And no, that would not. Can't wear a baseball camp in there.
Speaker 7: So Charlie Rover gave us an update regarding his dinner. Remember he had a big, fancy dinner with his friends. He had diarrhea and he was stuck in the bathroom.
Speaker 6: Oh that's a surprise. Was still very angry. I think my wife's going to be very angry for like the next five years over this. How long were you in there? Oh god, I'd say, good, forty five minutes, Charlie.
Speaker 4: This is one of those kind of meals.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it was one of the kind of meal basically kicked in right after the first course. It's one of those things, where's a tank course meal. I also had ordered the wine pairing, so then when I'm in the bathroom, the courses just start adding up, the wine glasses just start adding up.
Speaker 4: Yere, it was.
Speaker 6: No, So did you popped emodium again? I did one I have a list of every time while I was on the he has one emodium in him right now?
Speaker 4: Keep it? Yeah, just one.
Speaker 5: I Uh, I carried that in my pocket out out the dinner, just the case, and thank god I had it.
Speaker 7: And then Snitzer and I talked on the aftermath and I was thinking the same thing and he vocalized it, what kind of restaurant when you when the person is not seated? Why did they continue to bring the meals to the table and he had glasses of wine and meals sitting there. So he comes back and the whole thing is loaded up.
Speaker 6: Well, because it's probably an expensive meal and each plates, probably.
Speaker 4: They should have held it, should have been there. I've been on the table.
Speaker 6: Really, Oh I would I would have wanted. I'm coming back. Where's all the food that they wait?
Speaker 4: And see? Said down? Bum? They bring it right here. Oh okay, so they're not throwing it away, You're not.
Speaker 6: They're gonna They're gonna hold on for forty five minutes. And uh, I'm guessing my wife, I didn't ask her, but I'm guessing they probably you know, they waited for a while and then they probably are like, oh, where where'd the other guy go. I guess they probably. I didn't ask her if they if she told them to keep serving or not. But I'm who's this couple? Because I don't know your relationship? Can you tell them? I like, hey, I gotta go take a dump?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean.
Speaker 6: Not because it was it was me, I it was many. I basically had to. I mean I couldn't you know what? Did you tell them the whole story? Like, sorry, I had three emodiums deep. It's finally the day of reckonings coming. Yeah, so I gotta go. I did not, but I also so you know, I wouldn't have it wouldn't have it wouldn't have bothered me to tell them the story.
Speaker 4: Okay, tell the story on the show.
Speaker 5: But I figured that at a meal, at a seated dinner, that's probably not the best.
Speaker 4: Oh, I understand all that story out.
Speaker 6: That's why I'm asking, Like, I don't know your relationship with it was if it was me and my girlfriend with you, you just tell us it's go, we gotta go. So but you know I know you well, So I don't know how well you know these people? And did your wife explain while you're gone for forty five minutes?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm she probably wouldn't explain it in graphic detail like I I would, so she probably Again I wasn't there, so I don't know, but she was very, very upset.
Speaker 6: Twenty five minutes, not even on your home court. That's a long time. I mean, it's a single is it a single bathroom? Is a no? No, no, it's it was Luckily it was like uh, those nice room sort of you know you got but yeah, I got up and I was getting ready to go and then I I go, oh my god.
Speaker 4: And then and then.
Speaker 5: I it hit me again and I started to leave the bathroom. Then I had to turn around and come back, and it was I go, oh no, this is this is this is no good.
Speaker 4: Well, here's the question, are they going to go out with you again?
Speaker 8: And that's how true, that's how if they're good friends or not or onto the next pair.
Speaker 4: M that's a good question.
Speaker 7: If they're fancy people, they're not going to go out with you again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, wouldn't surprise me. Wouldn't surprise me if they if they didn't go out. I mean, so who wants to go to a dinner and miss forty five minutes of it?
Speaker 4: Or it's like half of this. Yeah, I know it was what can you do? What was the first dish that you got down?
Speaker 7: Was it appetizer?
Speaker 6: It was one of those things that I don't even know exactly it's. It's one of those places they bring in then they explain to you what it is, but I it's you know, and it moves boosh. But when they explain it to you, you don't even know what they're explaining. You go huh uh, okay, yeah, you eat it and you don't even know what the hell it is.
Speaker 5: Let's see Jen Wrights, good morning. I'm a few days behind and listening to the show. But last week Greg from South Carolina called in. He said his son is attending an eastern university and was arrested for making a bomb thread at his dorm building. I was hoping Greg could call back in and let us know if this was Coastal Carolina. We are also in South Carolina, and last week we dropped our son off at Coastal for his freshman year of college. On Tuesday night, his dorm building was evacuated due to a bomb threat. He didn't seem too worried about it and waited for the police search at another dorms. We tried not to worry either, but obviously you brought up the fear of what can happen to your kids when you send them off to school. My husband and I were actually driving home from visiting our son yesterday when we were listening to the show. I had to rewind it and listen to the call again because we figured it just had to be the same school. It was such a strange coincidence. It would be nice to know what really happened after a week of speculation. Also, we want to say that we hope Greg and his son are able to straighten this out with the police. It's nice to know things are taken seriously, but when it's something so silly as fart noises over a bluetooth speaker, it should be dropped quickly so everyone could move on.
Speaker 4: With their lives. Love the show.
Speaker 5: Yes, that was a I mean maybe it was. I mean, I don't know, she's what are the chances? Well, maybe Greg will call in and let us know if that's where it was. But Jake, right, good morning, Rover and Crew. I wanted to say that Dougie excuse me, hosted the Aftermath quite well on Monday. She's a fantastic host, and honestly she might be a good replacement for Charlie.
Speaker 6: Probably written by Dougie sign I say give Dougie.
Speaker 5: Some more aftermath hosting opportunities. We love seeing the other side of her. She seems so much more relaxed than personable. My biggest complaint is every time she hosts the Aftermath she never answers any phone calls. She won't even put you on hold. I'm not sure if she just doesn't want to talk to fans or she genuinely doesn't know how. Anyways, good job, doug mondays after that math was great. Maybe Snitch can get her added into the Aftermath Intro'm guessing she didn't even have the phone system loaded up over there.
Speaker 7: Probably no, And that's a hard thing to do a whole show with no phone calls and no text messages. I mean not that I enjoy reading the text messages because it's just a mind f but sometimes they do ask questions and sometimes it gives you like a jumping off kind of conversational aspect of it.
Speaker 6: But yeah, speaking of reading text messages, I did see a text message.
Speaker 4: Oh man.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I can find this.
Speaker 4: Let me see here. Oh oh, here it is.
Speaker 5: Did you close the aftermath yesterday with the quote we appreciate your money?
Speaker 6: That was something she said, Yeah, so thank you for subscribing to RMG plus. We appreciate your money, I think is what she must have closed with you. You're saying thank you for the money.
Speaker 7: I think that I just we appreciate that they subscribe.
Speaker 5: Well, yes, that's enough for yours for your money, Thanks for your money. If you could send us some more, please we'll start to go fund me. Steve says Doc is so worthless. She's basically just a soundboard at this point, just forced reactions. Please get someone entertaining in her spot.
Speaker 4: She just can't do it.
Speaker 5: The show is a disaster with her having to try to be a co host. Even she knows this deep town, deep down, I do, Ryan says, we're over. I don't understand this sympathy do she has for the WNBA? Why should we support this league if they suck while having such a bad attitude. It's bad enough the WNBA has to stop play well one of their wigs falls off, but now they have to stop playing play to yell at fans. How about they focus on making a layup or maybe just not getting arrested in Russia. So we have to do a prisoner prisoner swap with the Merchant of Death who's arming the Houthis who are.
Speaker 4: Now threatening to close off the Red Sea.
Speaker 1: Then don't support them.
Speaker 7: He doesn't have to support him. No one's forts in your face to the fire to support the WNBA.
Speaker 4: Taste to the fire.
Speaker 7: You sure know a lot about it, though, mister.
Speaker 4: They did see that.
Speaker 5: That guy that and former NBA plays who was at the game, who got into it with the player whatever his name is, the guy that's declared his see this guy kind of annoys me.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: When he first did it, I go, okay, that's kind of funny when he declares his eligibility for the w NBA draft. But now he's going to w NBA games and stuff like that, and it's kind of annoying me because it's like, Okay, this guy found something. Nobody knows who this dude is. Frankly, nobody cares about this guy. I don't know when the last time he played in the NBA was, and I don't even think he was that great in the NBA. But now he's found this shtick, this whole thing that's gotten him some attention, so he has to keep coming up with more and more ways he can lean into declaring his eligibility for the WNBA. He said that the reason why the player started yelling at him is because they were playing Sophie Cunningham and she's the anti trans in sports person and this woman, this cloud woman whatever whoever she is, went over to him and said, she's not going to sleep with you. Started yelling that at him regarding Sophie Cunningham, and that's why these two start yelling at each other.
Speaker 4: I guess, yeah, I don't like that guy at all.
Speaker 6: Steve writes, excuse me, can Ashley the salesgirl be on the show? She's hot, it seems fun and she has a great rapport with JLR. Dougie's time is up. Her whole face SAgs terribly.
Speaker 5: She's ugly and looks dirty, boring personality, and she's me Ashley seems bubbily and is hot. Please bring her in well, As Keith Katia says, she has a job to do. She can't be out there talking all the time. You know, she can't come on the show and talk. She has a sales job to do out there.
Speaker 7: I did break up with Dougie hater Dave sixty two seventy eight, whatever number he is. I broke up with him on the aftermath yesterday.
Speaker 4: Oh why is that?
Speaker 7: I declined. He is dead to me because he called into the show and hurt my feelings. He said, I was really ugly. Geez, why don't I wear makeup? You're just grows, You're ugly, disgusting, and that really hurt my soul.
Speaker 4: He's dead to me. Everybody's talk me that though, is what's with him?
Speaker 7: He said it with He was like, oh he's much conviction, like hurt, and I'm like, okay, thank you.
Speaker 4: Dana writes hi Rover.
Speaker 6: I've only ever found a significant amount of money on the ground once my life.
Speaker 4: I was probably nineteen years old. I went out to dinner with my parents a little lialy.
Speaker 5: Halfway through dinner, I had to use the bathroom, and on my way over to the restroom, I found one hundred dollars bill on the floor. As a teenager, that was an incredible amount of money, and at first I kind of froze, not knowing what to do, I chose to take it up to the hostess station and let them know about the situation. I didn't hand it over or say how much it was, but I gave them my phone number and told them to call me if anyone reported anything missing. I waited a whole month, which felt like a lifetime for a teenager with one hundred dollars burning a hole in their pocket. But once the month had passed, I still felt like the money was truly mine, so to spend I gave one of my friend's older brothers. I had him buy a few bottles of nice liquor. We were just teenagers, so anything felt fancy at the time, and we had a party where I shared it with all of my friends. It was such a come up at the time. I feel like I did the right thing, but I still got to enjoy it too.
Speaker 7: That's funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Guy Charlie wasn't here.
Speaker 5: Yesterday A guy guy was put on Facebook by the police department, and I don't know if it was Georgia or somewhere. They posted his picture. He was shopping at Walmart, pushing He's pushing a shopping cart. He found thirty dollars in cash on the ground, and he didn't he didn't turn it in the police were looking for him. I'm like, old guy too, Yeah, yeah, just thirty dollars is his. Now, that's how the world works. In the parking lot. I don't know if it's in the parking lot, but I was in the store. I don't know find anywhere it was. You find thirty bucks, yours, you take it.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, of course it wasn't like a bag of ten thousand. You go, oh, this might have fallen off an armored car. From then i'd still be time. It's not like somebody came up to him and said, did you find thirty dollars and he said no, I assume right.
Speaker 4: That'd be a little different that I heard different.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like if he was standing on it and he had the thirty dollars under his foot and somebody's like, and he sees somebody looking, oh, no, I dropped my money.
Speaker 6: That would be kind of a dick move. Not even sure that would necessarily be illegal.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't think it would be, but it is a dick move. But he didn't even do that. He just found money. And now they're searching for him. Do they find him? They did find him, he gave the money back and the victim decided not to christ charges.
Speaker 4: If you get call it of them money exactly.
Speaker 5: Rick writes last week, Jeffrey mentioned he doesn't get paid if he takes time off from the fence company. My question is do they not offer Jeffrey benefits? Is it because he's part time? He's been there for years. The least they could do is give him some paid sick time. One other question, and I think this might have something to do with his attitude. When was the last time Jeffrey ever took a paid vacation or has he ever take him on? Everyone needs a vacation away from all the bs ps. What will Jeffrey do when the show is over? Does he have any plans? Well, I can't answer that for him. I would also say I believe we continue to pay him when when we do take time off, so we take it. He does pretty much the entire month of December off. He gets a month long vacation get paid. So I don't know how crabby somebody could get. Think about that. In your job, if you got a month off, you know, I have a whole lot of room to complain about that.
Speaker 4: I don't think.
Speaker 6: Alex writes, Hi everyone, I've been busy, but started listening again last week.
Speaker 4: I understand why Snincer and Dougie think that.
Speaker 5: I think asking what traits the baby took on as an inappropriate question to ask. They are afraid to be negatively judged and canceled by society. You and I don't care what skin color a mixed baby is. We are just genuinely curious as humans. It is natural to be curious as to who the baby will look like. Skin color is interesting, it's bad. Dugie said, oh, he says, this is about the what's your name? Megan Markle, claiming that.
Speaker 6: One of the royals was racist for asking that, and I to me, I don't really again, unless there's context that we're missing.
Speaker 5: You know, maybe if the royal was like, oh my god, I hope this baby doesn't come out. Oh, wouldn't that be a disaster. That's one thing.
Speaker 6: But just being wondering who it's gonna whose skin tone it's gonna have, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't. I don't think that's a big deal either way.
Speaker 6: Charlie, I know that you you went up to Toronto over the weekend. Yeah, how'd that go? It?
Speaker 4: Was great.
Speaker 6: I've never been to Toronto. I think the only place I've ever been in Canada was just Niagara Falls. I've never been that deep into the Canadian countryside, and Toronto was great. Other than it took forever to get in, like literally, I didn't know how bad the traffic was. So when I said it was four and a half hours, I guess I looked at Google Maps in the middle of the night, like one am or something, midnight or something, so four and a half hours, it was like, oh, it'll be easy.
Speaker 4: No, it was seven hours.
Speaker 6: And the worst part was you could see Toronto for the last hour and a half and it was I was like four miles.
Speaker 4: Away or something, and it's just not moving. It's traffic. Oh the whole height. No, the customers was pretty easy. That took like twenty minutes. That wasn't that bad.
Speaker 6: No, once you I mean you got to drive for an hour and a half to get up to Toronto after you go through the border.
Speaker 4: So it was great.
Speaker 6: Once you get there, parked the car, Never use the car again. Would you fly next time if you wanted to go back there? Maybe I was saying that. The entire time, I was like we never driving here again. But when we left yesterday morning, we planned it. We're going to leave at six am to beat the traffic. We didn't actually do that. We left at seven, but it was much easier going home because traffic was coming into the city.
Speaker 4: So, but the Toronto's nice. It's huge. There's so much to do. I didn't know.
Speaker 6: I guess I'm an idiot. I didn't know how big it was. I thought it was size of Cleveland or something. No, it's it's massive. It is a massive, sprawling, lots of stuff to do. There's lots of little places.
Speaker 4: I don't know. It's great. We have fun. That's awesome. And what is this concert that you went to go see?
Speaker 6: Jimmy World was Bleed American twenty fifth anniversary and then Pop was doing there The Dream is Over ten year anniversary. So it was great. It was at their Amphitheater that was on the water, but you have to go through. Oh that was something cool. We did the Canadian National Expo. It just so happened. It started this weekend and that's the countrywide fair that they had, like they're oh cool, not a county fair. This is the entire country of Canada. Country Fair. They're fair, so it was huge and our tickets got us into that for free. You kind of have to walk through it, so that was awesome.
Speaker 4: It was great.
Speaker 6: We went roller skating under a bridge. Roller skating under a bridge. There was like something called the Bentway and you can go under there. You could go under and rent roller skates and there's like a track under there. But when we went, it was raining, so nobody else was there. It was just me and Christa. So we roll around for a little by yourself in the rain. Well it's covered. It's covered by a bridge, you know, So it's good. You're in a bridge thrown by graffiti and stuff. It's fun. What else did we do? Went to the nerdiest restaurant of all time?
Speaker 4: What's that?
Speaker 6: What is a Star Wars themed restaurant? Oh, it's all the themes Rover. So we went to this restaurant and you go, I don't know where you're gonna sit. There's a we're in the cyberpunk room and so that was neat. And then what are the other rooms? I think there was a Twin Peaks room. I think there was a.
Speaker 4: Nautical room. I don't know.
Speaker 6: They were all different rooms and it's in a big mansion. It's a huge mansion and they've converted into a restaurant. And then when you go to order this option, they give you a D twenty die die, you know, like a like a dungeon like drag, and then you the menu. You roll it and you this could be for your pizza, your burger, whatever you're doing it. For the poutine, you roll it and then it tells you if you're gonna get fries, tater totts, or probably something, I don't know, something stupid.
Speaker 4: I don't remember what it was.
Speaker 6: So you roll the dice for each topping on it, and you roll it and you roll it and then that's your food. H it just comes out kind of you don't know what you're gonna get until you roll the dice. So that was kind of fun. That was actually pretty good. Uh, in a lot of poutine, I'm surprised Canadians aren't more fat in all honesty. Uh, have you ever had poutine French fries covered in gravy and cheese. Yes, that's their national dish and it's good, But I don't know how you're able to eat that ever, Like every day that is a.
Speaker 4: That is a crazy combination. Yeah, who's a Who's a great time? All right, I've got to take a break.
Speaker 6: Our number is eight six six yo, Rover eight six six nine sixty seven six eight three seven.
Speaker 4: We will be right back on rover'sport of glory.
Speaker 1: Hang on vers moaning glory, fan, it's moaning glory.
Speaker 4: So you wait at a restaurant, Charlie.
Speaker 5: It was themed restaurant, a themed geek restaurant essentially.
Speaker 4: Yep, it was very nerdy.
Speaker 6: We've got to roll for shots to you don't know what kind of shot you're gonna get, and you just roll the day.
Speaker 5: And then that this was not somebody had suggested you go to some bar that's in a mansion. You said that this isn't a mansion, and that they said that there were like one hundred different bars in this man and different beers beers.
Speaker 4: Okay, that'll be a big, big mansion. If it was one hundred different cars, wasn't.
Speaker 6: No, I didn't go to that. That sounds cool, though there was so much to do. I don't think I even did that much. I mean, we were out all day, going to went to the Kensington Market, which is kind of their art slash. We were selling weird craft District, which was fun. We went to Saint Lawrence Market, which is their version of the West Side Market.
Speaker 4: Uh huh. I think your girlfriend loves going to the markets, doesn't she?
Speaker 6: Everywhere you guys go, Like I remember when well she was she was using chat shebt this time she had she had an itinerary picked out.
Speaker 4: She picked okay, so she was your scheduler for what you guys were. She was seven eight am. We got to be here.
Speaker 6: Eight We got to stand here for eight till eight thirty. We got to go to this mall. She was very interest she kept going, I got to go to the mall here. She she was really surprised that in all of Canada they don't have Target. She goes, how do they not have a Target?
Speaker 4: How?
Speaker 6: What did they have instead? So then we had to go to the mall to find a Target equivalent. Yeah, the Target equivalent. I got a little boared there and walked away. But I left her in the mall for a while. But because it's the mall, I mean the same kind of stuff. I guess their stores.
Speaker 4: I don't know what.
Speaker 6: I didn't make it into the store, but I guess one of their equivalents is called Canadian Tire, and I was like, is that a tire store. No, it's a whole department store which is called Canadian Tire for some reason. So I don't know if that's exactly like a Target. I didn't actually walk in there, but then there's you know, oh, we gotta go with the dal Rama. I hear that's like Target. I wanted how do they not have a target? And that was a big mission on while we're there. I don't know if we ever found anything. Yeah, I do remember. Let's see, we were somewhere I don't remember where what Maybe he was in England or something, and she wanted to go to Oh yep, it's not TJ Max, but it was something like that is another I think it's TJ Max, but it's different. I don't know, she's K Max or something like that. As soon as we got in were laying in London, she saw TK max Like what the hell is Yeah, She's like what is that?
Speaker 4: And I was like, I know, probably TJX. Probably just some legal reason they have to have a different name. Well, we got to go to that.
Speaker 6: And then so we made a special trip to go to TK Max. You get in and it's like, yep, TJ Max pretty much. Oh they have different clothes, they have different kind of clothes. So yeah, she likes that. So that's one of the things we did.
Speaker 9: Canadian Tyler, I think is really popular right now with somebody I know who lives there. Brought back a whole bunch of those reusable bags because I guess one of the actors from Heated Rivalry was holding one and so he had brought like ten here and was giving him out to people he knew that worked.
Speaker 4: The cons He's like wanted to buy one. He's like, they are selling on eBay because the gay show, not the show Doogie was watching. Okay, I guess I just me too.
Speaker 6: I was just making sure, all right, So yeah we did. We didn't go to Canadian Tire. I was in the mall next to Canadian Tire, but I didn't didn't make it in.
Speaker 4: But it was fun. We had We had a great time.
Speaker 6: Now, do you when you were in this restaurant do you ever get have you ever had a bad experience in a restaurant when you're traveling?
Speaker 4: Uh I'm trying to think of uh this time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've had bad experiences, for sure, everybody's had a bad experience, but well, this is this is a A Brazilian tourist was in Italy and had ordered some I think brunch, breakfast whatever, but uh, scrambled eggs, juice and coffee.
Speaker 4: But the scrambled eggs.
Speaker 6: Came and the customers said, you know what, these are a little bit they're a little bit runny, They're a little they're they're they're they're kind of undercooked. And the the tourists allegedly politely asked if the eggs could be a little more cooked, and the server scoffed at her and said, we don't make raw eggs here. So then eventually they took the eggs back, they recooked them. They were still not they were still a little bit soft, not not great, but the but the customer did not ask for them to be recooked, just because she didn't want to argue.
Speaker 5: And then when it came to pay up, she looked at the receipt and there was I think in Italian. I don't know how she could read this exactly or whatever, but in Italian it says on there here's a picture of the receipt. This is the restaurant is called Victor Lab, and the receipt says, this is pissing me off, burn the eggs and spit in them. I'm not sure exactly where the text is on this, because they don't speak Italian. But the woman saw this and then of course was horrified that maybe they had spit in her eggs, and she said, h The seventeen year old waiter who had given her that receipt got very nervous once he saw that she had seen that he accidentally gave her that receipt with that on there, and he apologized and claimed that it was just a joke between him and the chef. He tried to take the receipt and throw it away. The woman threatened to call the cops. Now I don't think she did call the police. She posted about this on social media, and I do believe. I'm not entirely positive, but I do believe that the owner of the restaurant appeared in a TikTok making fun of this situation later, which seems like a very strange thing to do. If you're the owner of a restaurant, he wouldn't you'd think you would frown upon your staff saying, spit in these eggs?
Speaker 4: Do you ever would you return if.
Speaker 5: You had, you know, if you had scrambled eggs and they weren't scrambled enough, they were still kind of like raw, you'd have to return that, right.
Speaker 6: No, some eggs are running, But I don't eat. I don't need eggs ever. I don't like eggs. You don't like eggs. No, I don't need any kind of eggs. No scrambled eggs, no over medium eggs, nothing not sunnyside up. Get out of here with its disgusting, disgusting, disgusting.
Speaker 4: What are you guys talking?
Speaker 6: Scrambled? It's like and maybe every once in a while for some reason, I'll get an omelet. But that's fine, that's almost like that's filled with crap that makes it taste good.
Speaker 4: But just regular egg.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I mean there's things that can have eggs in it that are fine, like as long as it's not just an egg like carbonara that's basically a raw egg in there, so that's fine.
Speaker 4: But just like a straight up egg.
Speaker 6: The worst thing in the world I could think of, food wise that is popular as an egg on a burger.
Speaker 4: You're a freak.
Speaker 6: I don't know what I ever had that people or that seems to be like a thing that people are like, Oh, we could throw an egg on the briger.
Speaker 4: I've never had that. I tried to avoid that. I've seen that, but I just don't I don't want necessary but scrap. I make scrambled eggs for Christmas. Sometimes she doesn't like running, but like it's not good in.
Speaker 7: There, just to scramble. She's any any kind of texture like.
Speaker 9: An onion or I'm just talking scrambled eggs, salt, pepper, little milk, I think, and then that's it.
Speaker 6: But they could be runny a little bit and they're fine. If they're just I could not I could understand not liking the texture a little bit, but it's fine to eat.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I like my scrambled eggs a little wet. Yeah, just a little bit wet, glistening looking. I don't want them to dry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not dangerous. So this woman sent that bad?
Speaker 6: Is that where she made the mistake by sending she's on vacation, she got something that she didn't like. Is there basically a rule that you can never send anything back to the that you can never send anything back to the kitchen I almost never send anything back. The only thing I would send something back for is if I ordered something and it didn't say blue cheese on it, and it had blue cheese on it, I gotta get rid of that.
Speaker 4: There's no way I can eat blue I can't even choke that down.
Speaker 6: You can't pick the blue ch you're talking like blue cheese dressing or chunks of blue cheese either.
Speaker 4: If it's crumbles in there, oh no, I can't. I can't.
Speaker 6: If it's one big crumble, I could take that off, but if it's mixed in, I gotta send that back. Blue cheese grosses you out that much, disgusting. It seems like it's something's really wrong with it. It tastes like there's like a chemical reaction happens on my tongue where I'm revulsion. It's disgusting. I mean, I'm not a huge blue cheese fan, but I.
Speaker 4: Can't eat it. I can't fight through it. It ruins it.
Speaker 7: I just had it yesterday with carrots.
Speaker 4: Other people can like it.
Speaker 6: They're tasting something that I'm not tasting because I taste it and it's disgusting. It tastes rancid, or something's really like gone wrong with my body's telling me don't eat as it's poison, like a primal thing goes off in my body. So if it's blue cheese on it, I'm returning it. When was the last time you returned something? Can you even recall? Trying to think for myself when the last time?
Speaker 4: I said? I never? I almost never have a question.
Speaker 6: I'll go to maybe a fast food place that's a little different though, like they just forgot something and you're like, where is that?
Speaker 4: But I'm saying a thing like where I've sat down a restaurant.
Speaker 6: Usually I just deal with whatever I got, like that's what I ordered, whether it's good or not, I don't know what's I screwed up.
Speaker 4: And then I'll just, you know, eat. I've even gotten it and.
Speaker 6: I didn't like it, and the waiter like even asked like, no, do you not like this? You go no, no, no, I just you know, I'm just I wasn't real hungry. I'm kind of full, you know. I tell you, this is too much food that I shouldn't have ordered, but it was disgusting or whatever.
Speaker 7: So the question is for a steak though, And it's not that I'm not I don't return I don't like it. But if a steak is too rare and it's an is that bad to say? I might have done that maybe once or twice in my life where I can't eat it because.
Speaker 4: I would only return it if it was way overcooked.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't return it and just say can you if it was.
Speaker 5: Too rare charlie, and it's almost just can you cook a little bit more? I cooked totally uncooked. I mean, I've gotten steak because I normally order medium rare and that's dangerous. A lot of times I've gotten and it's just straight up rare. I mean that's just I'll accept that.
Speaker 6: But if it was like you have to be ruined where it's like completely dried out and disgusting for me to say anything. If it was overcooked a little bit, I'd go whatever. That they didn't do good, that sucks. I just noted I won't come back here. I don't ever send anything back. You just go all right, this this place isn't as good as I thought. Since he worked in a restaurant, is it, is it bad? If a customer sends something back, No, not to me, I wouldn't do it. But I'm not going to do anything weird to their food.
Speaker 4: Why wouldn't you do it? Why would you not send anything back? I just don't like to do that because you don't want to hassle them, or I don't like to complain.
Speaker 6: What if it was totally off though, if you ordered it medium rare and it came out well done, I choke it down and just not I'd vote with my dollars. I just wouldn't go back. What if you ordered something and you know you don't eat cheese or anything, but then it's covered cheese, Now I would not I would not eat it.
Speaker 4: Would you before I did? Yeah? You go bring I though, you're gona bring up a story. Why what happened? Charlie did this hat? I saw him break once.
Speaker 6: We're on the bus and I don't know what he ordered, vegan nachos or is it a vegan pizza or whatever. I don't know, chicken wan tons. I don't remember what it was, but it came out. We were so hungry, we've been we've been waiting all day for food and finally get food and it comes out and it's covered in cheese and it goes. God, there's cheese on it and then he just started eating it.
Speaker 4: I was like, you just ate it.
Speaker 6: He's like, you're just eating this. I thought you will return. He's like, I'm not going to say anything. I'll just do you think that? Do you think that he does that more often than than you know, Charlie? Is he eating animal products behind our back all the time? Secret steak eater?
Speaker 4: Big time? Sure? Yeah, you got it.
Speaker 7: Speaking of eating, something's wrong with Snitz. He has lost We talked about this yesterday, but he's lost thirty three pounds by body.
Speaker 4: Shame you, but me pounds. Well, he's lost thirty three pounds since when. So he's like, what one ninety.
Speaker 6: Stop, He's like one sixty one sixty I was one sixty three this morning. Yeah, he's he's really he's much.
Speaker 4: Thinner, skinny, mini Like really, I not wanted.
Speaker 7: To say something, but yesterday I saw him. My gosh, he's really really thin. I feel like he's not eating enough protein.
Speaker 8: That's not protein, dumbass. A protein doesn't do anything. It's just build your you know, muscle, muscle.
Speaker 6: You need muscle because you don't need protein, your anti protein.
Speaker 8: I'm not people put too much emphasis on it. It's not that food. I'm eating less food, that's all. How many calories a day you get choking down?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I do like two hundred every three hours ish?
Speaker 7: So is that math? So if you had your two hundred calories, that's only.
Speaker 8: During waking hours, right, No, I'm waking. I'm eating while I'm sleeping.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm just saying I don't know how how much you're taking this. You were setting alarm every three hours to eat your to your your one cracker or whatever.
Speaker 4: Cracker doesn't bar. That's my morning. I don't eat breakfast, really, I never have.
Speaker 7: But what is your first two hundred calorie when I get home?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 8: Oh you don't eat anything here? Well, yeah, I get the laara bar or whatever. Okay, if I bring one, So.
Speaker 7: That's two hundred calories and then you eat when you get home, and then you eat dinner and then you're done or do you eat a snack at.
Speaker 4: How every three hours works?
Speaker 7: I'm just trying to get you to talk answer. What do you do?
Speaker 4: What are you asking? Oh my god, he's eating? Why is she so body positivity that?
Speaker 7: I'm not body shaming you? Obviously all a little concerned about it.
Speaker 4: I'm not in a he's grabby because he's not eating. He needs to eat irritable. He is where I work five times a day.
Speaker 6: I'm just doing some math here every three hours about Yeah, all right, so that would only be a thousand calories then, yeah, I'm sure I get more than that.
Speaker 4: I just estimate to you know.
Speaker 6: Sorry, so you start there with the Laura bar? Then what do you eat it for? When we would have for work?
Speaker 4: What do you when you go home?
Speaker 7: What I have?
Speaker 4: What do you want to answer? I know I have to look at my fridge. What do you mean?
Speaker 7: Give us an example, like almond butter on toast?
Speaker 4: What are you having yesterday? Just go back to yesterday? What did you well yesterday? It was weird because I had my grandson, so I have to you know, it's different on eating baby food? Why is that why I gained a pound yesterday?
Speaker 7: What was different about yesterday? No?
Speaker 8: He eats and I get it, you know, eat when he eats and stuff. So okay, so you eat a little more. Maybe when did you eat yesterday?
Speaker 4: Whatever? I ate food?
Speaker 6: What did you eat today? I'm not going to save my diet? Okay, Wow, what is he eating? Is so strange, not saying normal food, just a little bit like I would.
Speaker 7: Like to lose five pounds. Tell me what I can eat.
Speaker 4: I'd like to see you.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna try if you tell.
Speaker 4: Me what you ate anything, because you're a grilled cheese. Horrible person with fake cheese, because you're by shaving. I'm not.
Speaker 7: I'm concerned about it.
Speaker 4: I'm above why I'm I'm at the top end of normal weight.
Speaker 7: I don't think he's trying to lose thirteen more pounds.
Speaker 4: He wants to get to him fifty. I'm not even close to the bottom end of normal weight.
Speaker 7: You've lost thirty three.
Speaker 4: I was obese. You were at one point here.
Speaker 6: I was two five here. That's obese. You haven't been nine two years. It was last year or two years ago. No, boy, two years ago.
Speaker 4: You guys don't know me.
Speaker 6: When Tita was here, he knows. He was surprised to hear. He goes you worked for all you're fat or what?
Speaker 4: He goes you wear it?
Speaker 8: Well, I go because yeah, because I wear baggy clothes all the time. I've bore big hoodies and stuff. And I was one ninety five in April.
Speaker 4: That's this year. Yeah, that's what I started. I go, I can't do this anymore. I got it. There's no fat old people. I've always said that. And I got to lose weight.
Speaker 6: And how tall are you? S'm all right and you are one sixty right now on sixty three? Sixty three okay, and you want to get down.
Speaker 4: To what one fifty's still above my normal weight?
Speaker 6: Yeah, low weight for him would be one twenty five. That's when that's when you get.
Speaker 4: Dangerous, crazy for five nine for a man. Yeah, looking at it.
Speaker 6: Right now, that's really scary. And then what's the upper end? What's what's a normal weight? He's at the upper end right now, at the upper end. He's pushing the limit. He's gotta eat. What's sixty You gotta probably cut down to one hundred and fifty calories.
Speaker 4: Every three hours. I think one sixty nine would be officially oah weight. Yeah.
Speaker 8: When I hit that, it was really happy because then I got, you know, to normal weight. I've been normal weight in a long time.
Speaker 4: So what do you eat in a day?
Speaker 7: Then you're like, what's a two hundred calorie example that.
Speaker 4: You can eat? It's half a sandwich, that's you know, that's that's basically what is like, what kind of sandwich? Do you whatever? Sandwich? Green peppers sandwich and hummus? What goes on a snit sand.
Speaker 7: What's a snit sandwich?
Speaker 4: It depends on what I'm where. They eat? Yeah, I know, eat okay, half peanut butter jelly. It's like two hours. Okay.
Speaker 7: So do you take one piece of white bread?
Speaker 4: Wheat bread? Always get that good? That Dave's bread. I don't know.
Speaker 8: Sometimes I do this the sprouting kind. That's pretty good, but that ups your calories. So I don't hero bread every once in a while because that's like low calorie.
Speaker 4: M m mm hmmm. Now somebody says that was a good example, thank you.
Speaker 6: Is snits are on the weight loss shots, No, I think I could lose a lot more if I was.
Speaker 4: I'm just trying to you know, willpower. This is about as much as I as low as I can go.
Speaker 8: So it wasn't doing anything I was, you know, I you know, Charlie knows that I walked to the fire bathroom every day.
Speaker 4: I've been doing that for a long time, just to get some exercise. Do nothing. It was like you're doing nothing. It's it's the food I was getting too much food.
Speaker 7: But you also got to build a little muscle, so.
Speaker 4: That your personal trainer over there, you have a little muscle.
Speaker 7: It's good for you as you get older, so you don't fall, and then it also makes your metabolism work then it can.
Speaker 4: That's my next that's my next stage. I need. I needed to get down. I don't care what you think. I just need to think. We need to get picture an idiot. You're so mean, You're so mean.
Speaker 8: You're skinny and something.
Speaker 7: You're very skinny. You want to lose weight my whole life. Okay, I'm just trying to have a conversation, and then you don't talk, and then you.
Speaker 4: Get a conversation.
Speaker 6: You're right at me saying I'm healthy, unhealthy muscles.
Speaker 7: Having muscles is important, and just making sure we know somebody he's a weak stop working out.
Speaker 6: Didn't somebody take a picture of a signing sheet or something? Or am I confusing it with nads and is uh and is check in for the uh whatever rehab?
Speaker 8: Or that was just at a place I'm not going to. I have a gym at our at our place that I live now, so we didn't have that before. No that's the next stage. Because I was just too big to even like.
Speaker 4: Do anything.
Speaker 8: So now I'm getting down to a manageable weight. Where now when I exercise, it's going to show. Are you going to have the energy to exercise? With the low caloric intake. I have more energy than I've ever had in a long time, in a long time. She doesn't nap right like, you don't know, I don't know. He just doesn't get a lot of sleep. I mean maybe you dokes you go to bed early?
Speaker 4: Yeah you do?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 6: Well, uh looking good. Doesn't look too skinny to me, due it looks like thank you for the positive vibes you look.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe we'll have a maybe we're could have a peel off between Dougie and Schnitz later.
Speaker 4: And they both take off your clothes, will compare who has a better body. I like my wife. Yes, I'm good. Let me take a quick break. We'll be right back with the Shizzy next on rovers Morning Glory, Hang on,