Speaker 1: I want to run something by you and see whether this is good advice or not. So and and I'm not trying to embarrass my son Carson, but he would like to have a partner. And he hasn't really had a girlfriend in a very long time. He's had a couple of dates here and there. And I'm like, man, when I was your age, I was already a father. He's twenty four years old, and I'm like, Carson, have some kids. So he said, it's harder than you think, Dad, And I said, oh, I'm sure it is. And for example, he had a date one time with a If you know Carson, don't tell him that I'm talking about him on the radio. He'll be pissed. So he had a date one time in La with a girl who spoke almost no English. He picked her up, they drove to the movie theater. She fell asleep during the movie and then fell asleep on the way home. J Arklesi, well, I think she was just like, I don't know, just wasn't working out. And so and another one he dated for a couple of weeks. So I said, you know what you're doing. I said, you're trying to date girls that are pretty. He's like, well, yeah, And I said, you're a good looking guy. I said, date a couple of girls that are not classically pretty. Why, I said, because they're fun. Because they're not about, like, you know, doing an hour worth of makeup before they go. They're willing to like get rib sauce on their face while you take them to dinner. Take some girls that are out that are the look for girls that are like a little bit more. They'll be very happy that you're taking them out. And Carson's a good looking kid, I said, find somebody who's a little bit more average looking, and they'll be very happy to be going out with you, and they're not going to be looking over your shoulder at another guy that also might be trying to woo them at the same time. And Susan said, don't tell him that. Don't tell him to data girl that's plain. I said, I dated so many plain girls back in the day, and they were tons of fun. They were low maintenance, They would you know, I don't know, they were just fun. You guys are giving me a stone face, like you're just waiting to rip into me.
Speaker 2: No, I'm waiting to hear everything until I say something.
Speaker 1: And that was it. And and he's kind of like, you know, I said, they're they're they're low pressure on you. I said, you never have to marry any of these girls. Just go out and practice a little bit. Because he's kind of out of practice in the whole dating thing. And I'm like, man, I said, we all need somebody at that age or any age to like share confidences with, you know, like I'm like, I'm really worried about my job or God, my dad's really pissing me off or whatever. You're gonna have somebody to share confidences with. And sometimes that's your girlfriend or your boyfriend. You're dating.
Speaker 3: Advice to your son, Carson, who's my saying that age twenty four is to find a plane, find a couple of playing girls to get back into it. Do you suggest that he does maybe marry one of these playing girls if he like this is the one.
Speaker 1: No, because it's like he does want to have a family someday.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's like, you know, you have to marry anybody. Just go stop looking for girls that look like an Instagram model. True, because those girls are gett and tons of offers all over the place. Go for the girl with bad Hackney.
Speaker 2: They should be so lucky.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 5: That's the way I'm hearing it, which is probably just me being cranky, but like, oh well, Carson, you've got a date a plain girl, because they should be so lucky to have somebody as good looking as you. No one wants to date them, and they're fun. They have to have a personality, and I.
Speaker 1: Worry about that as the interpretation, but my experience has been that they are just more fun. They're just more they let their hair down, they're just you know, And I could be wrong, but they're just more fun and less high maintenance. I just I wanted to run it by you guys, and I'm getting the stony wall from Bailey over here and the stony wall from Jenny over here.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to give you this stony wall.
Speaker 6: Like I said, I just wanted to hear the full story before I chimed in. My thing is that I don't really think it's okay to frame it in the way that you're framing it. I think it's okay to say, hey, maybe just look for someone with a really awesome personality and don't make it about looks period.
Speaker 2: Because I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 6: You go like, there are people I've dated that I didn't really feel attracted to them right away, but I got to know them as like a friend first, and I love their personality, and then they became attractive to me, even though they might not be everyone's like top pick of attractiveness, you know. So I think it's more of a framing it in a way, not so focused on the looks, more on like, hey, find someone with a funny personality that like in their bio of their dating profile they sound funny.
Speaker 3: Because what if he comes home for things given He's like, Dad, look, I bought this plain girl Michelle.
Speaker 1: Home, and Michelle's like, what, well, I don't know, it just it just I don't know. When I was his age, I was never focused on what anyone looked like.
Speaker 6: I mean, sure, no, you'd answer the radio dial up line. You'd be like, oh you're you're a female cool, come on down the station.
Speaker 1: Guilty, Yeah, And they'd show up at the front door and I'd be like, I don't I janitor, I don't I know, I don't know. And I never focused like, I mean some of the girls that some of the some of the people that I dated were it was it was a bonus if they were attracted.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I didn't care, and they seem to like me because I was got some concert tickets back in the day. I got him a free concert ticket taking to Lionel Richie Lord. Okay, the only other.
Speaker 6: Thing I'll say about dating for Carson is that he is dating in a whole different beast of a society than I think any of us will ever sat La is just La so different. I mean I have friends that like have dated out there, and also they don't They don't have as much pressure out there to date and like be married by the time you're like thirty and having kids. They're like way more chill about, Like, hey, you're forty and your single, No big deal, you know. So I feel like there's less societal pressure out there to get in a serious relationship at a younger age. But also I've just heard horror stories. I feel like anytime I hear a horror story on TikTok, it always has to do with someone dating in La.
Speaker 1: Really. Yeah, I mean, Carson's very down to earth and he's a very He's a sweet soul. He really is just a sweet soul. And I'm like, You've got so much to offer. You've got a job, you've got a car, you're a good person, you take care of yourself. He's got a lot to offer, but I think that he's just doesn't believe in himself that much. You know. It's like, no, you really have a lot to offer, so go go girls. No of course they do, but that's why I'm telling him, don't overlook the playing girls because they have a lot to offer too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he should.
Speaker 5: He should do some kind of like community thing instead of trying to meet girls just like on apps and stuff like, go out and do something, because I mean, he's in La, so there's gonna be a billion singles events if he can go to an in person singles event, because as you said, Carson, he is very handsome, I think cars and is a handsome guy. But he's also, as you have said a million times, super shy, super shy, and so like he can continue being shy and being on the apps and instead of making like the plain girls kind of like, well, I guess I'll settle for a plane girl just to be able to date around. Instead, he should work on himself and his personality and be a little.
Speaker 2: Bit more gregarious. Yeah, I try getting out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, you're right, And I've told him that, I'm like, man, you are so quiet, I said, I don't want to hurt his feelings. So if you know, Carson, don't tell him we're talking about this. But it's like, man, you've got to have like, you know, I was shy when I was his age, but I would learn how to turn it on, right, like, hey, let's go to the arcade.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And I think if he's only meeting girls on dating apps, then he's not being challenged to change himself to me less shy.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know. I just you just worry about your kids and you just want him to have the best, you know something. You know, Like I said, I was a dad by his age.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but was that a good choice?
Speaker 1: Six times?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean you know, in hindsight, yeah.
Speaker 2: Six times once removed.
Speaker 1: Anyway, don't misinterpret what I'm saying. I'm not saying anything that. Don't read anything into this that I'm saying that like playing girls are less worthy. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying. Just don't aim so high and looking for a you know, one hundred and ten pounds side zero Instagram model. Find somebody who's more normal and average. Does that sound awful?
Speaker 6: I think it's I get where you're trying to get to, because I understand that. I think that a lot of people just get on a dating app and everything is about looks right off the bat.
Speaker 1: Of course, because that's what the first thing is, you see exactly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I think that most people, yes, they are going off of looks and they don't really read into their profiles as much. So I understand that, Like I think a lot of people are probably going for people that maybe are a little bit more attractive, and they don't consider anyone else who isn't super hot. And I do agree that Carson should challenge himself to not go for.
Speaker 2: Just the hot girls. But I would just say.
Speaker 6: Not to say go for a Plaine girl, Say just like, hey, stop going for the hot graand model who looks like they're going to ask you to pay for her nails by date two, Like that's how I would.
Speaker 1: Probably get that kind of money.
Speaker 6: Well, they're just saying, so tell him that he does have that kind of money, he can't afford her. So move on to someone who looks a little bit more fun and chill and likes to have.
Speaker 5: A beer, right or the challenges go beyond like if you think there, if you don't think that they're hot, instantly still click into their profile to see what they're about. Yeah, So like the looks part, take that and make it secondary. So cause even if I mean maybe she's super duper hot, I don't want to judge the super duper hot girl either, like, oh, she's gonna be high maintenance.
Speaker 2: Well maybe she's just hot.
Speaker 1: No one, Well I mean that, and that's very true. There's a caveat right there. It's like there's some super duper hot girls that are very chill. They love to do like I don't know, fun stuff. They love to get like down and dirty. By that, I mean like they might go like a muddon. You might find a super hot girl that likes to go mutton and likes to drink grain belt while watching the Packers game, you know, trash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, excuse me, that sounds like a dream for me.
Speaker 1: All right, Sorry if I made you mad, I'm not there was my not my intention to be politically correct here. I'm just trying to figure out what advice to give Mike. This is why I wanted to run it by you guys, And as always, you guys are honest with me. You should go to a.
Speaker 5: Pitchure friend Los Angeles. I just looked it up. There's a chapter in Los Angeles period. Is that the one that's when I went to like all summer long?
Speaker 3: But does Cartson have to make like a power pot just go and watch, go and watch and then like walk up to women.
Speaker 6: Wouldn't you also say that it's more heavily women pitching with Yes, so that probably is more in his benefit because it'll be way more female there.
Speaker 5: And there's probably a million others like break the Bubble. Stephanie always talks about to break the Bubble events, and I'm sure there's a break the Bubble la.
Speaker 1: Is that the same kind of thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's so many different, like because people are sick of apps, so they have all these some cool different like singles, events, things that you can do now yeah, all over the place.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, thanks for that. I appreciate the input.
Speaker 2: I'll make a list for you to send to him.
Speaker 1: I will tell you one thing he does not like dating advice or anything from his dad.
Speaker 2: What about from me. Should I send it to him?
Speaker 1: I think it would go really really well. Yes, he go buddy to see if you were younger, If you were ten years younger, ew and Carson would be great because you're chatty and talkative. And I think somebody who's shy love somebody who's chatty and talkative to fill those awkward paces.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but then would I only be talking to myself? Would I actually be enjoying his company or just enjoying mine? You enjoy your own company, I do, I do around.
Speaker 1: R What did we get wrong? What did we get right? All right, thank you for the input. I appreciate it. It is k d WB. The Daily Bailey is coming up next. Song is too short. There's no time for a DJ to go to the bathroom or have a smoke during that song. We're going to play longer songs on the show. Oh well, that's what I'm going to do during twenty twenty six, play longer songs when go on to smoke break.
Speaker 6: We should do that because otherwise Dave just lights up a cigarette in the studio. Yeah, like, screw you, guys, I need my cigarette.
Speaker 1: I disabled to smoke. Detectors and don't worry about it is fine.
Speaker 5: I have a list of how you can romanticize winter after Christmas, thank God, because winter is long and Christmas is magical and we miss it when it's gone. So here's how you can continue romanticizing the winter season after Christmas.
Speaker 2: Number one, keep.
Speaker 5: The twinkle lights. Warm lighting equals instant, cozy, and calmer nervous systems. There's no rule you have to take them down, so.
Speaker 2: Keep them up.
Speaker 5: Number two, hibernate on purpose, maximizing having no plans in January. Lower your expectations, to lower your pace. We're all animals, after all. Rest is not isolation, it's restoration, which sounds like something Jenny would say.
Speaker 2: Yes yes.
Speaker 5: Number three, make dates with sunlight and plan for the gloomy days, so even a minute with your face in the sun counts. And on gray days, use a sun lamp. I've always wanted a sun lamp and I've never gotten one, but Amazon, I should just get one. And then also a reminder to take your vitamin D vitamins. If you don't, you should get taken every day. Sunnight, good amazing. Number four, Christmas may be over, but whimsy can continue to stay. You can cut out, you know, paper stars, garlands, celestial corners. Let your home glow because winter is the season of night.
Speaker 2: That's what it says.
Speaker 1: Here is the season at night.
Speaker 3: Sounds pretty much because after Christmas and the holidays are over, it's just winter.
Speaker 2: It's dark, man, So it's dark, okay.
Speaker 5: Number five, Lean into cooked foods and cozy drinks.
Speaker 2: Soups, stews, hot.
Speaker 5: Chocolate and you know, eggoes. I don't know, whatever you want to make that's warm, I tell you seriously.
Speaker 1: A crock pot. Yeah, it fills the whole house up with something delicious smelling, and it's usually kind of hearty. You know. One of my favorites is chicken and dumplings in the crockpot. Really really easy to make with those refrigerator pills, wary biscuits, they're super easy to make. Oh that sounds really really good early yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and so say hey, lean into those cooked foods, cozy drinks and things.
Speaker 2: Number six.
Speaker 5: Let fresh air in daily, even if it's freezing. Crack a window for a few minutes. Your body and brain will think.
Speaker 1: It's hard enough to do to cariboo and roll my window down three inches to order my coffee.
Speaker 5: No, no, Okay, number seven, it's citrus season. Two oranges, lemons, grapefruit are meant for winter.
Speaker 2: You can juice them, zest them, or put the peels in simmer pots on the stove. So again, your whole place owns smell delicious.
Speaker 5: So those are some ways that you can continue to romanticize winter passes.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that, Papa. Much Motivational Monday on kd WB. This is a different one. I found this and it's not really motivational. I just thought it was really interesting to see what you guys think. Thirteen things to do alone at least once in your life. Here we go. Eat at a nice restaurant by yourself. Learn to enjoy your own company instead of needing an audience. I've done that many times. You go up to the bar, the bartender she's usually friendly and they you know. You get better service at the bar sometimes, and you can watch TV while you're doing them. Spend a weekend in silence. Watch how loud your mind really is. Take a long walk with no phone. I always do that. Take a long while, I don't get on the phone, well, I do listen to.
Speaker 2: Something.
Speaker 1: Go to the movies alone. Stop waiting for permission to enjoy life. Sit in a cafe for hours observing people. It teaches more about life than books.
Speaker 2: That's a little creepy.
Speaker 1: There's a girl at the table in the back and she's just lurking, staring at people. Yeah right, Face a problem without asking anyone for advice. Trust yourself. That's a hard one. We love to get advice. Should I do this? Should I do that? Let me ask Bailey, Let me ask Jenny. Travel somewhere without planning everything. Learn to adapt instead of control. Go to a gym alone. Prove discipline doesn't need company. I do think that most people do go to the gym alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, I feel like it's less people who go with someone. Right, you, guys, I want to go to the gym together.
Speaker 1: Yeah right. Spend a night without touching your phone. And that doesn't mean sleep without touching your phone. That means an evening starting at six pm or so without touching your phone. Try something you're scared of. Fear loses power when faced alone. In case it's a little weird, cry without hiding it. Honesty with yourself is the beginning of growth. I like some of those, and some of those are a little bit weird little woo woo little. I like some of those, like go to a movie or a restaurant by yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I dontuff all the time.
Speaker 1: Definitely like the sit in a cafe and stare at people for hours.
Speaker 2: That was just a little bit weird.
Speaker 1: Motivational Monday on Katie But you be, Vonn's gonna sterve the pot. Coming up in a second, and we'll wrap up Dave's dirt and then check on the soup brackets to see how that's coming along. Yeah, all coming up next on KATIEWB. The Dave Ryan Show on KATIEWB and Bone is here to stir the pot for the first time. I think it's the first time in the year, isn't it in the first time on the air. Okay, Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 3: Cinnamon apple sauce is better than regular apple sauce. I've had so much time to go back and forth about this. I got my wizarm teeth out over the break, so I've been on a strink mashed potato smoothie apple sauce diet. Regular apple sauce is just plenty. It's a bit sour, honestly, kind of bitter. Okay, Oh, Okay, you.
Speaker 2: Know what, I agree with you.
Speaker 5: The cinnamon apple sauce is top tier apple sauce.
Speaker 2: Here's a hot take.
Speaker 5: If you're eating any apple sauce and you don't have a spoo, just take the lid, fold it in maybe a half or a fourth, and use the lid.
Speaker 6: As you're just talking about the snack packs, not obviously the jar of apple sauce.
Speaker 8: But that so many times hit it again, baby, you get it's a little metal the little metal like top. You take that off, you fold it in half, and then you fold it in half again, and then it's got one curved side and that's your spoon.
Speaker 1: Baby, I understand that. Don't they all come in packets now that you squeeze into your mouth. They do have those kids like Okay, kids probably don't get cinnamon apple sauce. They should.
Speaker 5: They have even more flavors, dances and apple sauce.
Speaker 2: You don't know what else is in advance.
Speaker 6: You could also put cinnamon in your apple sauce if you do just half regular apple sauce.
Speaker 2: And you should because it's top tier.
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't disagree. I do think that cinnamon apple sauce is much better.
Speaker 1: Than the least controversial.
Speaker 2: COVID's fake David can't come out the.
Speaker 3: Well, slow down, go get the jab Jenny, I did get the jacket.
Speaker 2: I don't think that vaccines are pretty good. Yeah, yeah, I love them. I'm happy I don't have measles, give me a rush and mumps, and but you do.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that. I also believe the moon landing was fake. Flat Earth is flat.
Speaker 2: Here's a hot take. Sorry. Jenny was saying something about bumps. You know, when you have acne on.
Speaker 5: Your forehead or wherever, and you're just like, well, that sucks. And the youths these days, your people vant where they have they hear those little like star stickers that are like acne patches, and they put them on their face and walk outside and it's like a fashion statement.
Speaker 2: I don't know where I was, but I was patches.
Speaker 3: I went somewhere and there was like a sixteen year old working there, like she was an employee. And yeah, they have like maybe three of them on their faces like they're the new aesthetic or something.
Speaker 5: And now I want to know, do you actually have pimples or you're just wearing them pimple patches to look quirky to.
Speaker 1: Think that you're cool where she is at your school.
Speaker 5: Everywhere, everywhere anyone who is under the age of twenty five.
Speaker 2: Where's pimple patches out in public?
Speaker 6: And you can't ask recommendations because I could use starface.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the one that I'll star face. They have, Well, first pimple patches. I have one that's called like the Mighty Something, and they're just like regular clear ones and they suck the gunk out of your pimples like overnight. But then they decided to like market them and now they turn them into like star shape, so they're cuter, and they come in a variety of colors because people are accessorizing the pimple patch, and that seems strange.
Speaker 3: It is strange to what. I am glad that people are. You are not upset about the fact that they have acne. They're like, I'm gonna embrace it, and you probably draw more attention than that acne, way more attention to it. You're wearing a yellow sticker on their.
Speaker 1: St Really what I want to get attention for your pimple I don't really want attention for that kind of like, Okay'm gonna bust out one of my teeth. Yeah, I get a lot of attention for it.
Speaker 2: And breaking out all over. It's awful. Me too, me too.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: It was a low stake, Stars of the Pod. No, it's kind of nice to have a mild one once in a way while. So we'll do Dave's Dirt coming up in a second, update the suit brackets and go over the NFL playoff schedule coming up next. On Dave's Dirt, it came up a little while ago that the youths are wearing pimple patches as a fashion kind of thing. Yeah, yeah, and one need. Our friend Wanita is on the phone, Hello Jannita, Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, what do you know about? What do you know about pimple patches?
Speaker 9: So my kids will send me to the store numerous times to buy these pimple patches. And when you go to Walmart now, so that because of these kids are going to the store so much and they're stealing.
Speaker 2: Them, what what?
Speaker 9: Walmart locks them up. Really literally, I literally have to stand in the aisle and push the button on the thing to have an associate come and unlock a freaking box of pimple patches.
Speaker 5: That was crazy, like a status symbol exactly.
Speaker 7: But they're just stickers essentially, like why sticks? Kids are stealing an idea? Hey, how about buying.
Speaker 5: Buy them or instead just buy any stickers, like a pack of stickers for a dollar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they don't help anything, right, they just cover it? Well, they know they do help them.
Speaker 9: I don't know what they do. I just know my kids look like a freaking fool walking around with stars all over there?
Speaker 2: And how old are your kids?
Speaker 5: When?
Speaker 9: Yeah, but you know what, I can be a pimple patch pusher because I can walk around and sell these things for like ten dollars a bus. You know how much money I can make off these things.
Speaker 1: Do they do anything for you?
Speaker 5: Well? Do they? So?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't just cover up the pimple.
Speaker 5: They do have like a medication inside of them, so they suck the like juice out of the pimple.
Speaker 1: Do they really they do?
Speaker 2: Because I have some. You have to like.
Speaker 5: Wait until it's like the white part of the pimple is showing, Like if you play it on a new pimple, it's not going to do it.
Speaker 2: Don't you just want to pop it?
Speaker 5: At that point right, it's like popping it, but it's popping it's actually like bad for your skin.
Speaker 9: So the things popping and is supposed to be bad for the scamp. The biggest thing that they just like walking around with these stars all over.
Speaker 5: Yeah, to look quirky and different. They want to look cute. Well, it's weird to me. Are your kids around my age or younger or well?
Speaker 9: I well, my son is sixteen, my daughter's eighteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See so it's a younger gen.
Speaker 9: Z, the younger generation.
Speaker 2: Whatever they is.
Speaker 1: Okay, gotcha. Yeah, funny to thank you for this public service announcement.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. Funny that we're so welcome.
Speaker 1: Let's do the dirt on Katie w wrap things up. At the timot the Award Show last night Critics Choice Wards, Timothy Challamay accepted Best Actor for Marty Supreme. Yes, the movie came out a couple of weeks ago, he's already got an award for it.
Speaker 4: And last ye, I'll just say thank you to my partner of three years. Thank you for our foundation. I love you. I couldn't do this without you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you so much, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I will say he's got the coolest name in show business. He makes the belonging to Quentin Tarantino and now well Blake Lively was right up there too. Blake likely is really cool. Show of his name. If you're gonna go and show biz, pick a good name, not Ryan.
Speaker 6: So tonight on Peacock and NBC Sports, Snoop Dogg makes his NBA analyst debut. Games include the New York Knicks at the Detroit Pistons and Golden State Warriors visiting the LA Clippers, and Snoop always does like the funniest deliveries with things he's done before with Martha Stewart or whatever. So I'm excited to see what he does as an NBA analyst speak.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of things. He's kind of a cool.
Speaker 1: He's America's cool uncle.
Speaker 2: Yes, he truly is.
Speaker 5: So we've talked a lot about the Stranger Things finale, but not to Minnesota. The Prince songs, Purple Rain and When Doves Cry have gotten streaming boosts from being featured on the Real Alley of the show. Okay, so kind of like that running Up that Hill song that Kate Bush did that went like super viral.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you. Now, Purple Rain and When Doves Cry have gotten a streaming boost, which I really love. That's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're already expecting that Zendea is going to be the highest grossing actor of twenty twenty six because not only does the new season of Euphoria come out in April, she's expected to be in.
Speaker 2: Four new movies.
Speaker 3: One of them is doing three because those are just killing it, and the other one Spider Man, and then two just other random movies in the summer.
Speaker 2: And I'm here for it.
Speaker 3: Not only black excellence, but also Zinday is such a phenomenal actress.
Speaker 2: Yes, she's so good.
Speaker 3: I would argue probably one of the best things to come out of Disney.
Speaker 2: I think even.
Speaker 6: Started Risney because I feel like I only.
Speaker 2: Knew her once she was in Euphoria.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Same.
Speaker 1: Wild Card Weekend is this weekend. And the Vikings did win yesterday. You already know them. It was kind of good to wrap up the season with the win. And the Packers were the victim yesterday. The Packers are playing on Saturday seven o'clock game versus the Bears. They'll be at Chicago Rams at the Panthers on Saturday afternoon at three thirty, and then we go on to Sunday Bills at Jaguars at noon on Sunday and then forty nine Ers at Eagles three thirty on Sunday. There is a Sunday night game that is Chargers Patriots, and then even a Monday night game next week Texans and Steelers, and that'll wrap up wild Card weekend. Every other team that in the playoff has by weekend this weekend.
Speaker 6: Here's how you're going to maximize your PTO in twenty twenty six because all of the holidays this year mostly fall on weekends. And then obviously your MLKA days, your President's Day, those always are on Monday, so you basically take off on the Friday before the Monday of federal holidays. And then you have four four day weekends, so that's Martin Luther King Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day.
Speaker 2: So that's for four day weekends.
Speaker 6: I think you do in Valentine's Day, which we don't get off for fourth of July and June teens, we are off. Halloween they have listed we don't get that off. But Christmas is also on weekends, so you're able to schedule so much PTO time around those without actually having to use too much PTO because you'll get those holidays, and it says potentially you could have nine three day weekends in twenty twenty six if you optimize your PTO the right way.
Speaker 2: You can also optimiz.
Speaker 6: Your bank account by going to holiday station stores all the seven dollars meal deal, and then that'll save you money so you can go spend it on whatever else you want, personal pizza and drink.
Speaker 1: That's my financial plan for the year, is by the seven dollars meal deal. Yeah, that's my investment opportunity for twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a smart move.
Speaker 6: Honestly, I just saved you hundreds of dollars of not having to go to a financial planner exactly.
Speaker 2: You'll welcome here.
Speaker 1: Is this a leap year, by the way, twenty six?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so, isn't it? It's not it? Uh So.
Speaker 5: There are a handful of properties that are hitting the public domain after their ninety five year copyright maximum has been reached in twenty twenty six. So, as of four days ago, anything that was released in nineteen thirty is fair game. That is, including Betty Boop Wow, Blondie, Pluto of Disney Fame, Pluto the Dots really yeah, and Nancy Drew and a lot of other things that you probably haven't heard of. But now they can turn them into whatever they want to. And I think there's already a horror Betty Boom movie in the works because.
Speaker 2: That's the same thing that happened with Winnie the Pooh.
Speaker 1: The pool happened too. They made it like a you know, you do anything they want.
Speaker 2: Because it's now in the public domain.
Speaker 1: In some awful movie.
Speaker 5: But if that's the case, then I wonder like, well, Mickey's got to be in the public domain unless they lock on him because he's older than Pluto.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, so they must got they got something on.
Speaker 1: It's a really good question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And we're gonna wrap up the show with the soup brackets. We're trying to figure out what soup is the best of all time and if you can go over, you want to go vote right now.
Speaker 2: Dave Ryan Show on Instagram.
Speaker 3: The brackets go chicken wild rice versus vegetable Chicken Wild Rice is blowing vegetable soup out of the park.
Speaker 1: It's kind of a Minnesota staple.
Speaker 3: Chili versus cream of mushroom. Same deal here, chili is blowing cream and mushroom out the park. Although it is chili your soup. It's a question for the age. Is broccoli cheddar versus lentil, Chicken noodle versus ramen? And chicken noodles have taken the pave in the way? Tomato soup versus miso soup. Nobody really is a fan of miso soup. Dave's an extreme miso soup.
Speaker 7: Payter los bone broth, Yeah, I think well it's delicious, Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Beef barley versus minnestroni Is that how you said?
Speaker 4: Yea?
Speaker 3: And Minnestroni's winning fifty five percent of the vote. Clam chowder versus butternut squash, This one's closed forty eight percent clam chowder fifty two percent butternut squash. And the last one is French onion versus split pee French onions.
Speaker 2: Paving the way.
Speaker 3: Now a lot of people are like, oh, why'd you put this against this? Obviously gonna blow it out, obviously because we're gonna keep going throughout the rest of the week. So now chicken wild rice is gonna go against Chili Brocoli Cheddar is gonna go against Chicken Noodle.
Speaker 2: So it's only gonna get more testy from here. And then it's like weird right now, you had an announcement earlier. If you wanted to restate your announcedent, you think you did.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah day after you know, after a long time, that same place, decades in the same place. Yeah, it is time to leave. Yeah, And so I am leaving Chanhance for Victoria and I am moving to Victoria.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: And I'm sad to see chan Hassen in my rear view mirror because I have loved it there. The people there wonderful. They have a great target store. Yeah, they It's just it has been my home for a long long time.
Speaker 5: The friends you made along the way. You can look back in that rear mirror and smile. You're breaking up with somebody named Chane. I'm leaving chan Hassen for Victoria.
Speaker 1: Yes, so that is my news. And you want to get a preview of my new home. There is a picture of me watching the Vikings game in front of the new fireplace on my weekend and five photos go to Dave ryanshow dot com and Yeah, goodbye, chan Hassen. It's been fun.
Speaker 3: We should play that the day you get out for an a long day, okay, that is it.
Speaker 1: Have a great day, stay warm. There's a little let me peak of sunshine here and there today, so enjoy that. Go on and get some sun because it's good for you, and we'll see you tomorrow here on KD Double Ub.