Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five seventy la Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio Whip Friends.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas terrible person, He's the worst, and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe.
Speaker 2: Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadakas and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: Win in the end. I'm gonna win in the end.
Speaker 2: Bummy's Petros and Money five seventy eight Sports Live everywhere, on the iHeartRadio app and live at Dodger Stadium. Gallupin Motors Broadcast booth to our left. Stephen Nelson, Rick Monday will be on the call a five eight pm first five thirty eight, not five thirty, five thirty eight, My Miss Dave thirty eight, five thirty eight. Everybody knows the game starts here at five thirty eight, five thirty eight pm. First pitch from the Galpin Motors Broadcast Booth. My mistake, Stephen Nelson, Rick Monday on the call, Tim Kaits, We'll have Dodgers on deck at four thirty pm. We are live in our iHeartRadio AM five seventy LA Sports, your home of the World Series champion Dodgers Suite for the second consecutive day. It was an absolutely electric atmosphere yesterday and judging by the route in today p I would assume today, with the Dodgers having an opportunity to clinch a spot in the twenty twenty five Major League Baseball World Series, it's gonna it's gonna be even more elevated.
Speaker 3: That's right, Maven More.
Speaker 4: There's gonna be an elevation unknown to mankind tonight. But we will discuss the level of excitement in the cu dot.
Speaker 2: And we're going back down on the field and perhaps.
Speaker 3: Some I will discuss that too, about that into it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna plant those seeds right now.
Speaker 3: Once you plant that seed, planet.
Speaker 2: Right there down there, plant that seat on the field.
Speaker 4: You better talk to Jason doing the groundskeeper. If you canna be right it is it is a frogman. Friday Coral reefs prog man are the rainforests of the semen a Frogman Friday the Petrosen Money celebrates man, the thing that makes us so unique. And here in Los Angeles, the Pacific Ocean jo.
Speaker 5: Feeding boys from the End Navy and known as rock Man.
Speaker 4: Sure, there's lifeguards and Navy guys and Navy seals and coastguards and people that protect us from it prog Ln.
Speaker 3: But there's also people like.
Speaker 4: Matt money Smith prog Ln that paddle out every day and use their puzza like a meat thermometer in.
Speaker 3: The sea every damn night.
Speaker 4: Yes, we love the sea, and we have to celebrate the great Mike Nelson's Bruckman, played by the one and only Lloyd Bridges and one of the greatest shows ever produced in the history of the world.
Speaker 3: Sea Hunt any combat.
Speaker 5: Ye, it is only as effective as its human components. Out of the twenty men that I'd started with, I wound up with only two who were capable of passing on to others.
Speaker 3: The knowledge lead acquired.
Speaker 5: Tamas Fi Lakas, age twenty six, University of Princeton, A wealthy family, good diver, very quick to learn. But I'm not a aristocratic poise, for I'm a stubborn streak. Paul Mirror, page twelve, called India orphans since birth, orphan's high central education, padded by a healthy curiosity in some years in the service. If you had to pick a word to characterize Indio, you would be happy.
Speaker 3: Who's not happy?
Speaker 4: The Dodgers are on the brink of eliminating the browers Todd Lights.
Speaker 3: Thirteen to five. What are you nuts?
Speaker 2: We still gotta take that?
Speaker 3: Lorda man? You know what that's like.
Speaker 6: These days? You got the Navy.
Speaker 2: Everywhere, you got frogmen, you got the e C two's with the satellite tracking, you got the bell two nine of salt choppers up the ass. We're losing one out of every nine loads. That's no duck walk anymore. Let me tell you, forget about money. What do you suggest that's reasonable?
Speaker 3: Dina roll, I've at Dodger Stadium. Let's go Dina with Cela, the.
Speaker 4: Last organist in the history of the world.
Speaker 3: Say there, knelt there, God, he's probably less.
Speaker 7: Er.
Speaker 8: Noerre dire tier no your doar, diar. Look at me, theyer, theer Yeah, look at me, it's me.
Speaker 2: You're gonna go downstairs. Everybody looking up here. It's not gonna be able to pick you out. It's me head down to the dirt with the oriental shirt.
Speaker 3: It's me.
Speaker 4: And Matt speaking of an oriental theme. We should not forget that. Even though we're on later than we were yesterday, which was a true nooner, we do have hope that the Dodgers will sweep this series.
Speaker 3: Hopeful music at noon.
Speaker 2: You deserve that. I do not deserve that. You put it on Katie and you thought she was I said I'd do it here, and you're like, I don't want your quiet music like that.
Speaker 3: Get louder, I got.
Speaker 2: I do it, Craig. See see, you set yourself up for that failure, set.
Speaker 3: Myself Up's what you did? Hey Pee, why didn't you do? They know your chat?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 4: I didn't want to look stupid in front of all these stiff Range League Baseball man.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 2: I try to win ends LCS. You know, these guys down here trying to put your ticket to the World Series, one of the premier sporting events on planet Earth. And this is how we're gonna get started. Yeah, we gotta go share a field with them.
Speaker 3: I don't want to go. You're the one that wants to go down here. You're the one.
Speaker 2: No, where are the three? There's three? There are This is a quartet. West social media mat producer ktes Petros. Why why do I want.
Speaker 4: To go the driftwood that gets caught up in your wave to the beach.
Speaker 3: Why can't I just stay up here like last?
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 3: I can't, But then I'd be humiliating for the rest of it.
Speaker 4: But we are hopeful that the Dodgers can slam the door on the Brewers and part of it. It's an abrupt well it was gonna go for another Yeah that, uh, you know you didn't.
Speaker 3: Do it right?
Speaker 2: Music at noon, hopeful music.
Speaker 3: Why was it going to go back to Milwaukee?
Speaker 2: No? World Series? That is a static date. It will not move. World Series starts when it starts. If I say you're gonna get a bunch of days off, oh no, you're not. You're doing off day Dodger talk every single day.
Speaker 4: For the rest scam. What about scamp scam. They're gonna have to scrape the bottom of the barrel. They're gonna have to call James Loaning.
Speaker 2: It was called that.
Speaker 3: No thought about it.
Speaker 4: I don't think you have enough time with the three hours it was a big scam this morning. I listened right at the beginning of scam.
Speaker 2: I got the very start as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it was great.
Speaker 4: Steve Sach's talking about how o' taani quote unquote popped out up the dugout to show deference to him and of course his very first manager, Everer Mike zosha Yea and always does that with the players that came before him. That's a big thing about Japan. And he shook Otonni's hand. Beautiful and o'tanni and him, he said, at the end of the show, a beautiful photo. Saxy said, at the end of the show, he was gonna reveal what o Toanni said to him? Did he reveal what o Toanni said at the end of the show and faded out? Or did you exactly That's what I was looking for with the waves?
Speaker 3: Yes? Did did he?
Speaker 2: Saxy did reveal what show? He said that?
Speaker 3: So what did he say?
Speaker 9: It wasn't verbal, It wasn't verbal, It was in the eyes, the contact back they shook hands minute. He said he was intimidated shaking the hand of a seven hundred million dollar play sure.
Speaker 4: Saxy said, I told you about to keep your shoulder in front.
Speaker 2: Unlock those handsfs, stop opening your shoulder, stop doing the shoulder dance, and unlock the hips.
Speaker 3: That's what Saxy said. It was a great show though.
Speaker 2: I mean, you guys came on the air and I was learning stuff at Kirk Gibson in that combine, right, yeah about that fastest forty.
Speaker 4: A lot of people didn't know Kirk Gibson was a great flanker at Michigan State, much like our friend Steve Garvey before that was a great cornerback at Michigan State. I mean, Kirk Gibson was a college football star and he could really run. But Kate's is right. Everybody just thought of him like a guy like Matt Lioner losing knees don't bend at all, limping up there and hitting a home run old timey style because his knees didn't bend.
Speaker 2: What was what was Sax's response to when you were like, is that right? Really goes? Yeah? I played with him, Yeah, yeah, yeah, really I played with I was on the teams, on the team.
Speaker 3: Now do I know that?
Speaker 2: Because I was on the team.
Speaker 4: As Matt said, and as we await our drinks, it's yeah, where's what's going on usually by this time, I mean our drinks.
Speaker 2: I was surprised to discover that the non alcoholic Mike a Little Ultra is still in the fridge. Yeah, after being left there. I was really surprised that nobody wanted to drink that. Yeah, yeah, I was very surprised.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna buy like a frozen daker or something and put it in there during the world experience because we're counting our chickens. There was no problem being nonchalant yesterday because the Dodgers nonchalant.
Speaker 2: Say you were worried for nothing, Well.
Speaker 10: We cannot make decisions that cost the team and then come off the sideline and it's nonchalant.
Speaker 2: You know what that means.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I was worried.
Speaker 2: Love nonchalant, super nonchalant day.
Speaker 4: That's kind of what I want to talk about. You know, things are good for the Dodgers right now.
Speaker 3: I mean they are.
Speaker 2: Things are isn't this great?
Speaker 3: Things are unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Than it's been all of twenty twenty four. Well, even when they were on pace to go one sixty two and zero. This is better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they are.
Speaker 4: You're right the way they started at what they're doing David Vasse was right. You know, they started out winning a whole bunch of games. Then they went like five hundred. For like one hundred games, everybody got hurt, and then they went like that. Now they're like fifteen and two or whatever. They are an absolute juggernaut. Things look good. And when things are good and the sun is shining and the flowers are blooming and the birds are buzzing and the bees are chirping.
Speaker 2: And the media and the media is discussing, well, that's kind of.
Speaker 4: The issue, like we we don't do that well without somebody to attack.
Speaker 3: And when things are going well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, look at that, and he's got he's again playoff dressed to the nine.
Speaker 4: Beautiful Brad he's got a second button today on his lapel and Dodger script to go with the.
Speaker 3: How did it go last night?
Speaker 4: We were worried about we were worried about a lack of excitement and a lack of drinking, and it feels like that happened.
Speaker 6: Well, it took a minute for them to get in, right.
Speaker 3: Once they got in.
Speaker 2: They started drinking throttle.
Speaker 3: All right. Yeah, so we did all right last night.
Speaker 6: It was a big night.
Speaker 10: Yeah, this is a big the calves are a little sore. I would you said yesterday? Boy, you made an undertaker reference to my So a little bit of trivia here we go. The Undertaker was my first college roommate.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Angelina Junior College in Lufkin, Texas.
Speaker 3: What was he like? Was he obsessed with death even then?
Speaker 10: No, he was a ginger that you could lock him in a gym and he wouldn't have got ten points.
Speaker 3: He picked the right route. But the hell of an athlete? But legit six' eight.
Speaker 2: And how but how heavy like he looked?
Speaker 10: He was twenty But then he discovered Diana ball shakes and whatnot. Oh yeah, and uh he picked up about about eighty pounds.
Speaker 3: Well, tell us that a tremendous anger. What was what a shock? Yeah, hey, you got to go to the dentist today.
Speaker 4: Uh? What was it like the day that there was a knock on the door at the dorm and Paul Bear was.
Speaker 3: Well, the door opened and then came by itself.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but I'm gonna go to the bathroom for a minute.
Speaker 2: I'll be right back. Yeah, the Undertaker. What was the name of the college again?
Speaker 6: Angelina Junior coach.
Speaker 2: Angelina junior junior college, and where beautiful?
Speaker 3: And you know a few fight songs, don't you? Brad a closet full of practice yours.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm gonna head back down.
Speaker 3: We love enjoy this, Thank you so much.
Speaker 6: Are you guys here for the World Series?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 4: We'll see see how we wouldn't be Do you know how much a sushi plate costs here at Dodger Stadium During the World Series? You have to cut off one of your paintings way above, like you did something bad to the Yakuza. You gotta cut off one of your pinkies, wrapping a little napkin and hand it to the people, and then they hand you a big play to Soush inside the cracker.
Speaker 3: That's why David a right, That's why David got eight fingers. We love you, Brad now.
Speaker 4: Says nobody better than Brad, big bartender.
Speaker 3: Brad gonna make somebody tonight.
Speaker 2: What a stunt.
Speaker 3: He's gonna make.
Speaker 4: Mary Hart her shark bucket shot, and it's gonna be a freaking nut.
Speaker 2: She walks to the barn and says, just like Sharky's I gotta go down. I want the bucket to punch, just like sharks.
Speaker 4: I gotta go down there and kiss an ass a little later today. Who's asked to at a dugout club? Everybody's mad as well. I'm just saying when it comes to ask if we don't have somebody to get now, wait get.
Speaker 2: It, wait, wait before you before you proceed. What we did get an email about? What did you see the email?
Speaker 3: Case?
Speaker 2: We got an email an email from And I may be talking out of turn here and could be, and I could be stepping in it and getting a little bit of trouble for making this public.
Speaker 4: Well that's never happened here during the playoffs. I'm not you know, I'm just getting over being like uncomfortable here.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we'll get ready to be uncomfortable again.
Speaker 2: So here's what the email we got two emails, not one, but two. One said members of the media are not under any circumstances to go to the dugout club or any of the stadium clubs by using their badge for access. Okay, that it is a hundredth.
Speaker 3: So and then I'm gonna be no ass kissing from me then.
Speaker 2: And then it said on top of that, also the media is not to procure food from the buffets in the dugout club nor the Stadium club by way of using their access.
Speaker 3: So those buffets are really nice.
Speaker 2: So I don't know who I was trying to speculate. Is it some of those Milwaukee types that are trying to take in the Hollywood lifestyle? Is it some of the national media with their sense of entitlement, Like, I mean, there's a lot.
Speaker 4: Because I was listening to the Dodger Talk last night and David Vassy was saying, I don't recognize the guy's voice, you know when people were asking questions in the press conference.
Speaker 3: Right, what is that? That's stupid?
Speaker 4: Like so obviously there's a lot of different media and you've been there, man normally here, I guess. But if I can't go down there and kiss asks, I'm just saying, I just don't know what I'm gonna do, Like how do I how will I even get out of here?
Speaker 2: You know what they said they would do credential.
Speaker 4: Well, I hope they do. I'm not coming back if that's the case.
Speaker 2: They said they would.
Speaker 4: I caught this guy with a handful of bacon from the now about what I'm saying is the getting after of the ass when things are good it's hard to find somebody to attack, and we don't really flourish.
Speaker 3: Well, isn't this great in a world.
Speaker 4: Where things are going well, They're going well here for the Dodger.
Speaker 2: Couldn't be better payoffs?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: But what was Matt's story yesterday? The attacking of towering sportscaster from the MLB network.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I squatty, you called, well, but you want six foot four, But.
Speaker 3: You didn't just want to.
Speaker 4: You wanted to attack him for being squatty, but you wanted to attack him for his content, for what he says inexcusable content.
Speaker 3: So you got mad about that.
Speaker 4: And I started thinking like, Wow, if we don't have somebody to attack, we're not in that greatest shape as a show.
Speaker 3: And then I listened to Dodger Talk last night.
Speaker 2: Okay, is Dave on the attack.
Speaker 4: Dave went on the he attacked the Dodger fans for what. Yesterday David Vasse said that the Dodger fans, while that guy the Miz was pitching miss Rowski, that the Dodger fans were sitting on their hands waiting for something to happen. Taking the NLCS and the dominance of the Dodgers for granted. And he said when we.
Speaker 7: Were in Philly, where we were in Milwaukee and they're being dominated by Dodger pitching, those fans got up and tried to any moment, they tried to rattle the opposing pitcher and it was too comfortable for the miss.
Speaker 4: He said a little bit of that on Kate's and Sacks and the AMA.
Speaker 3: But he really go after the people.
Speaker 4: And then yeah, and then the people were calling Dodger talking like what do you mean.
Speaker 3: I was in my section doing my other It wasn't enough.
Speaker 4: You didn't And I was like, wow, Vassa and he said he did give a quitter high right when it started. And vass said, look, I love the fans. The fans make this show. The fans make.
Speaker 2: All of this go and idiots, but.
Speaker 4: Today was inexcusable, excusable, inexcusable, he said. And you were here, Kates, you were all around.
Speaker 9: I walked from the left field foul poll to the right field foul pull on that.
Speaker 3: It's not very different from us. He needs somebody to attack.
Speaker 9: That place was rock and left field down.
Speaker 3: They don't sit down out there.
Speaker 9: It's like it's like a soccer gay was I was beating drum.
Speaker 4: The entire Caassay was and there were people that called from the pavilion that tried to push back on Vast With that. Vass said that the richie rich types, well, the swells they were not they were not doing. Vass said, most of the time during the playoffs he hears Dodger Stadium much louder. And he said, I know the time, blah blah blah, I know this blah blah blah, but it was bad.
Speaker 3: You're gonna ask him about it.
Speaker 2: Well, we're gonna go down right now. We're gonna ask him in the very next segment.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 2: So it's a good setup by you. It's a good set up by you.
Speaker 6: Now, I don't know what.
Speaker 3: We already talked to everybody.
Speaker 4: We already talked to Brian uh, Brian Anderson BA and then we attacked him. And now he's down O three. He's got to be unhappy.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get Frenchy. We got Andy McCullough and his Alkaline trio.
Speaker 3: Why don't we have to talk to Andy McCullough.
Speaker 2: We got Bob Nightingale, all six foot eight of him. I mean, Hayman was down there. We talked to him for like three seconds. Well, yeah, but we can't go back to that. Well, no, no more dubies to talk about passing is down there. Let's get pass it around the family with a pocket full of show.
Speaker 4: Do you want to yell at pass him for what he said about the Dodgers creating a terrible stride Lavert?
Speaker 2: We can do that. We can say, you know, you've created an entire uh community of.
Speaker 3: Vassay attacked him yesterday.
Speaker 4: See y'all have people who had attacked Vassa attacked him yesterday. And Vassay also attacked the U Pat Murphy from making.
Speaker 2: Me Pat Murphy guys, pretty nice for.
Speaker 4: Making the media introduce themselves. Vassa did that with Dave Roberts, David A Fox seventy. You do what my backstory? No, I don't need it, Dave, Okay, I'll just get into the question. So, I mean, I'm just saying, you know, you gotta have people to attack.
Speaker 2: You know, Pat's got to have his own I guess you know Midwest sensibility.
Speaker 4: I hate being comfortable up here in the suite. I've just gotten comfortable again since we were yelled at like three years ago. I've just gotten talked. I'm just started to feel like, okay, I could.
Speaker 3: You know. I had a nervous breakdown in the suite earlier in the year.
Speaker 4: Yesterday went great because I don't deal well with things on my birthday, like the suite.
Speaker 3: And then we're here.
Speaker 4: I'm happy, the fruit plates here, and then Matt's like, hey, let's go down right now. You know, it's like it's like a freaking hook that pulls Donald Duck off stage right.
Speaker 2: If we go down next hour, there's nobody left. That's why I want to go out next that there's no reason to go down next hour. We go down this hour, and look what happened yesterday. We had one interview schedule. We had David Bassey and what do we get to run around Gaint John t Rob park We got Rob Parker talking about South Connecticut State naming their press box after him. A beautiful story, a nice origin story for Rob Parker and how he got his start taking the bus from Harlem with his mother saying he wanted to be a journalist and everything that went into that. It was beautiful. And then we have a chance to talk to e K said he's now a Grandfather two times over. It was a really great, feel good forty minutes of Petros and Money, and you don't want to try to recreate that. No, look at these guys out here playing football. The world's there o stage.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back. We're gonna head down. We're gonna go down these son of them.
Speaker 2: We're going down, down, down down. What about commercials skates?
Speaker 9: Well, you guys are good till two forty There we go see even better Petros.
Speaker 4: And Money live at the Lighthouse, going down to the field on a five seventy LA Sports, your home of the NLCS and Dodger Baseball. We're live flexed back on a frog Man Friday Dodgers with a chance to close out the Brewers show.
Speaker 2: Hey Toddy, he spoke to me with his eyes. We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer.
Speaker 1: Make AM five seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto road Trip all summer with LA Sports, Petro said Monday, A five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app and live on the field at Dodger Stadium watching Freddie Freeman, Max Munsey, Monsey getting ready to get in the cage, Freddy getting.
Speaker 4: Ready to go through his routine, Jimmy Rollins, and Pedro Martinez. We are here on the field, much to some of our chagrin. Everybody else seventy five percent of the rest of the people with us, sorry into it, and we.
Speaker 2: Are here's trying to produce.
Speaker 4: The son is packing heat like Hell's kitchen and joining us right now on your Southern California Toyota Dealers Celebrity Hotline, brought to you by Service Titan dot Com. It's David Vsse.
Speaker 2: That's why we're down here, because it's David.
Speaker 3: We're talking bees ball. That's good. I hit it.
Speaker 11: I saw Paige your intro.
Speaker 3: Okay, David Vsse, our own man.
Speaker 4: Spectrum Sports Net LA could be celebrating tonight MLB Network, but right here on AM five seventy LA Sports, there's nobody better and Dodger Talk was on fire last night. First and foremost, Dave, is this the night they sweep? I heard your bold prediction, but give it to the people. Unamas Utamas with a.
Speaker 11: Mom no doubt. I even spoke to somebody in the Brewers Clubhouse. Not a lot of life in that. They threw it all out there last night. I mean, they threw their best picture at the Dodgers yesterday and they came up with an L. So I don't know if they're gonna throw that ashbyy guy again in the first inning, but that would be four times the Dodgers would see that guy.
Speaker 3: I was trying to tell you, Pedro Martinez right there.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Frek Claire a great tray trading in for Delino Deshields back in nineteen two.
Speaker 2: Let's not forget what we thought de Lino could be.
Speaker 11: Okay, yes, exactly, but I saw a rabbit on fir when I was coming out after the game. Pedro, Jimmy and the rest of the Turner crew was coming out as well to get on set. And before Mookie Betts comes over to me, I see Pedro. I said, Hey, who's your daddy. He's like Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: That he went with. Dave Roberts says this daddy, Yester.
Speaker 2: I was watching it last night with movie.
Speaker 3: I love Pedro. He's the best.
Speaker 4: That they got a beautiful salmon colored blazer. Look, yeah, nice shoes great hair. That's what Jim Hill's hair used to look like. Bill Russell, by the way, as a manager. Oh okay, I read that in his book. I Rosso Yeah, Russell a great customer at the papaacre tever.
Speaker 3: That's why I brought it up.
Speaker 2: Dave, are you wearing your champagne outfit? I am okay? So you got the champagne previously Champagne Champagne.
Speaker 11: Wishes and Champagne pandas champagne belt from Travis. Matthew got you Champagne page jeans and UH shirt company issue shirt polo that you know was free and don't care if he gets ruined.
Speaker 2: There we go, all right, Dave.
Speaker 11: I don't particularly like wearing LA branded polos.
Speaker 2: But but you gotta be prepared when you're gonna wear it. Why not tell Matt your message last night? For the fan I heard you upset? Tell your message. He didn't believe it when I told him. You guys ever been.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 11: He is the King of Rancho Ku Kamon, the best third base coach in baseball period. You know, he's not used to being around this many people living in Rancho, so every day that he comes popular planet.
Speaker 3: Tell Matt your message message to the people last night, I.
Speaker 11: Said, the fans acted like it was CS to time and not time for Dodger baseball.
Speaker 3: I thought it was not like you just said it once.
Speaker 11: No, I said it a few times, and well, I was disappointed a playoff game, first home playoff game of this NLCS with the best team in baseball and full house. Credit to the fans showing up for a three o'clock game. But once you're here, don't you have to be heard? I mean our guy, Bob Nightingale, I was embarrassed. Bob Nightingale is asking me, why is this crowd so quiet?
Speaker 3: I had no. I mean, I am the voice of LA.
Speaker 2: You said, I'm not angry, I'm disappointed, disappointed.
Speaker 11: I am disappointed in the fans and hopefully they show up tomorrow. I mean, Petros right now is louder than it was during that fifth Anyway, Misslerowski was dealing.
Speaker 4: Now, you you did warn about a fan complacency because the Dodgers, you know, sort of expect to be doing this right now.
Speaker 3: That is something that you mentioned.
Speaker 11: Dave Yes, I feel like that's part of this whole Dodger machine where they have spoiled this fan base. My son's been alive since twenty fifteen. He's gonna see the Dodgers go to the World Series five times since he's been alive. When I was alive, I don't remember nineteen eighty one, but eighty eight was all I had. And then they traded Pedro Martinez.
Speaker 2: For Delano Deshields Yes, and later Mike Piazza O. Yes, the pain Dave. I thought the peak moment last night my favorite moment, and it just goes to show you the veteran savvy, the nuance that goes into what it takes to win a game. When it's all knotted up at one, the kid, right, the child Miserroski out there, tries to clown Freddie Freeman by dragging that freaking pitch clock out to zero's, making Freddy stand there for thirteen seconds. And what does Freddy do every pitch after that? And what does every other Dodger hit or do every pitch after that? And they ran him out of the game. Brilliant adjustment by Freddy Freeman in that moment.
Speaker 11: I actually talked to Freddy about that about a half hour ago, and he said, I wasn't I never look at the clock I'm not worried about the clock, but i just can't sit in my stance for eighteen seconds.
Speaker 3: So at some point I've got to get out of it.
Speaker 11: So obviously Misowski had no clue that he was not going to be able to manipulate the clock against the guy that doesn't look at the clock. He just felt too stiff standing in that stance that he has for eighteen seconds.
Speaker 4: Is everybody sold on Mookie Betts as a shortstop, now, Dave? Is that conversation over a lot of celebration yesterday?
Speaker 11: Well, the writer that wrote that he saw a meeting that never happened is here that mooki was going to move to right field because the Dodgers felt like he wasn't good enough. Nobody with the Dodgers ever thought that. And last night's playing the ninth inning, Jeter s and we looked it up. Dwayne McDonald, our great producer, engineer Baseball Savant looked it up that there's only one other player that has won the Gold Glove in the outfield and in the infield, and his name is Darren Erstad, who won the Gold Glove in the first base and first base.
Speaker 3: There you go, all.
Speaker 4: Right, Dwayne McDonald, the Great David Vasse at the Real Underscore DV on Twitter if you want to follow along with the game Dodger Talk.
Speaker 11: I hope you guys get Pedro and perhaps celebration. We tried to get the grandy man, but we saw this like Brian Anderson getting ready for Italy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you came, you, you came last time there. I thought he was saying, you want me.
Speaker 11: He's expecting a gift card because I gave the pregame guest a gift.
Speaker 2: Card, Travis.
Speaker 11: I gave Frank cor a gift card to Boulevard Steak in Sherman Oaks and you got nothing.
Speaker 3: You gave him nothing. We don't have to see Brian.
Speaker 12: You killed the spread too much, and they said we got to get him out of here.
Speaker 3: The fruit plate's very expensive.
Speaker 6: Let's put you on the field.
Speaker 3: You can't imagine how much a sushi platter costs up there.
Speaker 12: Take a guess, feel free. It's gotta be one hundred and ninety seven dollars. How about seven hundred and fifty?
Speaker 11: Oh god right that you guys just go to the bigger name right here.
Speaker 3: It came over. You're doing a great job. Your name sabotaging Dave's moment.
Speaker 11: Yeah, a little bit, hey, And yesterday they left me for John Hayman.
Speaker 12: He was talking so big about going down the slide in Milwaukee, and then when it got right down to it, rubber met the road, pulled the shoot.
Speaker 3: You don't want to He didn't want his shoes.
Speaker 6: I don't want anymore.
Speaker 3: I've been there, done that, don't want anymore.
Speaker 11: I'll see you there next year, Brian extra padding to be there next year.
Speaker 12: Ball he signed a waiver. There's no lawsuit. I mean the cheesers, they're not dumb. You would have been my GM.
Speaker 11: If I owned the brewers, oh man been you would have had a lifetime contract.
Speaker 12: I don't want a GM job though, I just want to be a broadcaster.
Speaker 4: It's all okay, Well you're doing a great job man.
Speaker 3: Great night tonight. B a our fresh.
Speaker 4: Ba always great to see him later, God bless next year. Let's do it. Thank you, David Vasse. Last thing I want to ask you. He's such a nightmare everybody. He said it seven times. I'll see you next year. I'll spell be back Inwack next year. You see you next year, next year, Dave.
Speaker 3: It's a lot. He's not a world series this, no got it.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't give it to the TV.
Speaker 4: We could get him on, but they already gave him to Tim Kats. Now listening for scam. Dave with the beautiful flowing hair. You did predict, you know, we put the TV guy on the radio. You you predicted this, Dave. You said that the Dodgers would be able to flip a switch, and they certainly have flipped a switch that no one can say that's not the truth. Is there a moment that you saw it turn to that, Dave? Because I mean, you're with these guys more than the rest of us, and what you said is actually true.
Speaker 11: Dave Roberts isn't a meeting guy, but he had three meetings the last month of the season. He had one during or right before that final series against the Padres in San Diego with the hitters. Then he had another meeting with the relievers, and then he had a meeting in Baltimore with the entire team. So at that point he was voicing his frustrations, but talking to the players, there was no certain rock bottom game. It was just the mere fact they got all four of their great starters healthy at the same time. So it was a perfect storm of events to have these four guys come back healthy and pitching the way that they're pitching.
Speaker 3: As they say in the game on a heater.
Speaker 2: Do they like the historic talk? Do they shy away from it? Do they know that it's going on? Do they have any idea what they're doing right now in the postseason as a starting staff and that it's never been done before?
Speaker 11: Well historic and the fact that they'll start hearing that more during the five days after they sweep today, they'll start hearing about their place and baseball history.
Speaker 3: More and more and more.
Speaker 11: If they sweep today, because arguably the greatest team, greatest postseason run in baseball history. Remember, they won two extra games, so they may go thirteen and one. Name another team that did that.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 4: Would you be worried about a long layoff because the World Series starts.
Speaker 11: From day Mary said that would be another daily narrative that they would get rusty, Their offense would get rusty, but they're pitching would be on extra rest, so again in an advantageous position.
Speaker 2: Let me yes, I'm sorry, who do we got? I was noticing here are guy hitting fungos. Who's that?
Speaker 11: That's Chris Woodward. Oh, that's Woodward, dude, first base coach.
Speaker 2: The incredible control that he has with that dude just tossing him, yes, underhand. You don't, guaran, it's a crunch coach. You don't come out of the womb with the fungo like that. It takes years.
Speaker 11: On the other side, that's hitting him to Freddie Freeman, p d Montera out of the San Fernando Valley. Actually work with Mookie Bets all off season, hitting him fungos to get ready for shortstop.
Speaker 4: Fungo bats match. They're not just in your pants with their skinny legs. Some guys have some real skills. Hey, you guys want a couple of fungos. We got a couple of this guy's pants right here, A couple right here, if you want to Dave before we say goodbye to you and go on back upstairs, which I'm trying to Will what what what else do you guys want to do?
Speaker 3: I mean, we've already been down here long enough.
Speaker 2: Seeing Nightingale in a tope suit. You don't want to talk about.
Speaker 4: No, I mean I think the grandy Man or Pedro would have been great. But when those guys moved past us, they don't want us.
Speaker 2: They're coming back.
Speaker 3: No they're not.
Speaker 2: I don't want to. I think they're coming college football. Whip.
Speaker 4: We got football to get into. It's a Friday, man, what are you gonna do? Break down?
Speaker 3: We got a lot to do. Cubes.
Speaker 4: You got Indiana quick hits, he did, They're ready, We're ready to go.
Speaker 3: We got plenty, you get it. You better grab him, he said. We tried, They said, jos if it was Granderson, I go to the whip. Wonderful stuff, the whip around.
Speaker 4: See see Dave knows, David Vase, Ladies and gentlemen, the best of the best.
Speaker 3: Great work last night.
Speaker 4: They holding everybody accountable, calling out Pat Murphy, calling out the guy that called you, Steve, calling out everybody.
Speaker 3: So did this caller?
Speaker 2: That makes sense?
Speaker 3: Thank you, Dave, and we'll be right back live.
Speaker 2: We lost Stark. He just left passing to.
Speaker 3: We come down here to talk to writers. Unless it's Hayman.
Speaker 2: If it's Stark, though, man, don't care.
Speaker 3: I don't care. Look at that fungo, bat brother.
Speaker 2: Look at that Fungoodward is just those.
Speaker 3: Take control of that fungo we're looking over here. Look at that.
Speaker 4: We're talking fungo. They're looking over like, who the hell are those idiots? That's right, we better get out of here before already recognize.
Speaker 3: We're not going back up.
Speaker 2: We're staying down here.
Speaker 3: One more moss Ife youw buddy, Hey, maybe we can get Kaevnar.
Speaker 4: Maybe no, you want to more petros and money still to come reluctantly from the field.
Speaker 2: Horse Hello, PMS listener.
Speaker 1: Did you know Am five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA Sports podcasts.
Speaker 2: There's Rogan and Rodney.
Speaker 1: That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of record, Clipper Talk Without a Muss, follow us all and many more.
Speaker 2: Just go to AM five to seventy LA Sports. On the iHeartRadio app, Steve Renner have corralled the man of the hour. How about this dominant performance.
Speaker 3: Glass now hard high School?
Speaker 4: They you know what, I didn't know what happened in the game last night, and I checked the Santa Clarita signal to find out what was going on, and they said the glass now is dominant and he was out there holding it down and it was a good feeling in the crowd afterwards.
Speaker 3: It was a wonderful thing.
Speaker 4: And it's great to see you here on your Southern California Toyota Dealer celebrity microphone down here. Don't hold David Vasse against us. We work together. How are your brother and how are you feeling today? What a great night?
Speaker 6: Huh Yeah, I feel good, not like too sore or anything. It was just a yeah.
Speaker 13: It was such an awesome night, just being from here and being able to do that in the crowd talking after and it was sick.
Speaker 6: It was a really cool experience for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. How different is the playoffs?
Speaker 6: Definitely different.
Speaker 13: I think the only time I can compare it to is twenty twenty, and I feel a lot more ready, I guess, And maybe it's the experience or the age or something, but I definitely I think you're a little bit nervous before when you go out there. It felt very similar to a game. You have a little boost of adrenaline, but I just think of how good our defense is and now good our team is. It just kind of gives you that little boost of confidence.
Speaker 2: You hear, like in football quarterbacks say yeah, I just got to get that first hit out of the way. What is it for a picture, Like, what is it that you're looking for to kind of get that adrenaline or those nerves out of the way.
Speaker 13: For me, I think it's like if I can find my timing and my rhythm, then I'm always set in. I think if you do have a little bit of nerves and kind of leak into like physical like you like I don't know what's a good comparison, like anytime you're on the spot, like your body's a little bit more tense and you can't find.
Speaker 6: The fluidity as quickly.
Speaker 13: I think something happens, like even to like a big inning, and you get out of it. That usually can help. I think that second inning was big for me for Muncie getting through that. But I think compared to like I said in twenty twenty, I was so stiff and but these this postseason for me has been really comfortable and I've been confident and it's been feeling really good.
Speaker 4: Right now, interviewing one of the Big Four, I'm freaking out inside jo Let's go, let's go hard high Indians, and he's got a freezing gaze. I sat on a plane once next to you and McGregor and he looked at me and it was like, damn, you know, those chilly eyes. But for you doing this being this way. We talked last year a lot about you during the postseason because you had your shirt off and up being really good and you were out there displaying it. Did the shirt come off last night? I mean we didn't see it. I mean and tonight. You know, I don't know what's going to happen, but are we going to see it again? Because a lot of people were pretty geeked up about that.
Speaker 13: I've been going I've been going no shirt, no, no, no, I've been going shirt this postseason for no particular reason. I shouldn't think to take a just keep you out. And I was like, I'm not changing up now, So I'll be shirts on tarps on for this post off.
Speaker 2: Much of the dismayed in many came. It really was a talking point last year. Yead Bonda with the with the masks and Tyler Glass just right there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, nips are tough this year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that, but but you know you could do the old school nineties Clayton Kershaw.
Speaker 13: You know, I got a couple of those ships times out, but they give us the shirts after we win and I throw it on and then I just don't think about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's just at this point I gotta keep it going.
Speaker 4: Did you guys plan? I mean, I don't know what happens in your meetings, but did you guys? Is it luck or is it planned? That all four of you guys right now are doing what you're doing in this moment? It feels like I lined up perfectly. Is a little bit of both, I.
Speaker 6: Think I don't if it's either.
Speaker 13: I think a lot of it is just like when you get a lot of really good starting pitching at some point every it's all gonna line up and we're all going to pitch good at at like together, you know. Like I think there was a little bit in the beginning where we'd be up and down. Someone would do good, someone do bad. But ever since like August second, I think we've got like we're leading every pitching category. So I think we're all just getting into a rhythm. As the season goes on, you kind of like get into that good rhythm, and everyone's just been pitching well. We have good game playing, our coaches are awesome, and I think we're just hitting that stride right now.
Speaker 2: All right, real quick, because you gotta go. Do you consume more or do you spray more of the beer and the champagne and the celebration.
Speaker 6: I know I'm slamming beers for sure.
Speaker 3: The champagne.
Speaker 13: The champagne is kind of nasty. We get like, no no offense to Kirkland brand, but it's just champagne gives me a headache. Yeah, Champagne kind of gives me a headache unless it's like some nice stuff.
Speaker 6: So I'm spraying. I'll take a little bit, but I'm usually I'll just I'll rip some beers.
Speaker 4: Okay from Santa Larina Valley. You guys, you appreciator success. Tyler glassnaw, I told you we shouldn't. I'm down here and we weren't anybody I told you, Matt. We'll be right back with more great sports talk. Tim Kates one and Brenner coming through with Tyler Glass. Now, what a moment for the show to talk to such a great picture.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lot.
Speaker 4: One Eto out of San Pedro, tell us one, what's your favorite sandwich place in San Pedro?
Speaker 3: Busy Bee? Oh come on, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Come on?
Speaker 3: What about the what about What about the Sandwich Saloon? What about Bill cut Back Johnson? What about Sorrento? Sandwich Salon's number two? Strong, number two, but busy be's who know? Copy that?
Speaker 4: Thank you for the guest and God bless you one from PR We got three interviews.
Speaker 2: We got that one right, we got glass Now we got a cameo. Say we got four, We got four again, back to back forth.
Speaker 3: Reedman's coming up next. He just wanted to watch. Lucy wants to join us. Yeah, we're standing out.
Speaker 2: I love this, I love this.
Speaker 3: Approach.
Speaker 11: Tim Kates texting Steve Brenner as we're both talking to Andrew Friedman.
Speaker 6: Come on, what's.
Speaker 2: Wrong with that?
Speaker 3: He take any under Edgar.
Speaker 4: If we're gonna bother you, that's our gut.
Speaker 2: Your position, Dave, that's our guy.
Speaker 4: You're in tred working hard for the Petros Money show.
Speaker 3: The schedule. We'll be right back.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: K on the field, Matt, I hate you more.
Speaker 3: Petro.
Speaker 4: Somebody on AMPI seventy l A Sports Live from the Field reluctantly at Dodger statem