Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA Sports and on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 1: You are one of the kind, hosted by Petros Papaday guests left school after sixth grade. Look at him and the voice of the Bolts Matt money Smith. The answer is money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 3: On the home of your world champion, Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: I was never really insane, except upon occasions when my heart was touched.
Speaker 4: Hogong with you, s Petro sand Money AM five to seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. We start today going to gallpin Ford's broadcast center for Dodgers Giants baseball at six forty five. It was in question yesterday, it is no longer in question. The rain dissipated early. They will play tonight coming off that big victory in Colorado, so we will go and talk huge must win and boy did they respond. Okay, Justin Robleski is the starter. That offense backed him up.
Speaker 2: Oh, you were right to say yesterday and all the intros and stuff. Matt, you were very very particular about mentioning Robleski's previous outing, which was so strong and he was yanked early or some thought you love a complete game in twenty twenty six and does. But you were right, Matt, to say that he was going to have a long duck dong because he had another one. And look at you, a real seamhead spewing out seamhead prophecies, recording all of your baseball dreams. Must win for the Dodgers, and they want.
Speaker 4: I'm a damn oracle exactly right. I knew what was gonna happen. I mean, everybody knows. Coursefield is a home complete game.
Speaker 2: Moved to Delphi and smell the fumes.
Speaker 4: A nice outing by Rableski. Hell of an opportunity for the bottom third of the lineup when the top third wasn't really producing much to once again carry this squad. Miguel Rojas and those other guys Felton Rushing and that other guy all helping this team out. And it was a little light at the top. Will Smith I think was over, but hell of a hell of a response when everybody liked the Petro some money show we're freaking out about potentially losing three or four to the sad sack Colorado Rockies.
Speaker 2: And now Yoshi Yamamono is on the mound. The Giants have a Little league manager from Tennessee, which is a crazy thing. We'll see if it works out for him.
Speaker 4: What do you mean we'll see? Hasn't it already worked out? Am I not looking at the correct standings? With the Giants at nine and thirteen twenty one runs in the hole in the differential category, third worst number in the National League. Seems like it's working great.
Speaker 2: It's still April and we were wrong to call yesterday's game. I must win in April, but we don't have much else to do. So that's where we are now. Schedule talk is as follows. You guys were lucky you got an extra hour of Rogan and Rodney today.
Speaker 4: Coulation.
Speaker 2: Well they spent that time, I.
Speaker 4: Believe, oh, the two to three o'clock hour.
Speaker 2: Well, they spent some of the time on their show today talking about how cars should have toilets in them. So two guys in their.
Speaker 4: Sixties cars should have toilets in them?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 4: What is that born from? I have no idea I.
Speaker 2: Got multiple texts of people saying, why aren't you on the air. I thought it was a flex alert. They're talking about cars with toilets.
Speaker 4: And I think I saw a story about a Chinese car manufacturer that is placing well there it is toilet. There you go. So that's what they saw and they decided that was a viable topic.
Speaker 2: Kevin Figures found it, and it was probably something they just wanted mentioned. And I think Fred grabbing up, grabbed a hold of it like an old man's death grip on his controller.
Speaker 4: You know, Oh god, what is that? Get rid of that doorbell. We gotta change that damn thing immediately.
Speaker 2: I kind of like that.
Speaker 4: My god, my tonight is just went tim. It makes sense.
Speaker 3: And we got this on the talk back I don't know about thirty minutes ago, and I had no idea the reference.
Speaker 4: How do you clean yourself while you're driving?
Speaker 3: I thought it was just a weird old talk back that that would makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh so that's how they spent.
Speaker 4: The hour talking. Yeah, that's we don't need to.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not just saying that is how they spent the hour. I'm not making that up. Ronnie could probably attest to it as well. Oh, pap Ronnie, yet.
Speaker 5: I have to I mean, I still trying to forget all right, thank you?
Speaker 2: Here, look it. Here's the text.
Speaker 4: Is it number one or number two?
Speaker 2: Look at this? Fred is talking about bedpands installed in cars. We need a wellness check on this guy. His marbles are getting loose, if not lost.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about poopy Wow.
Speaker 2: You ready for another one. Fred's talking about a Chinese EV that has a built in toilet for the driver. I had to turn it off. Not sports. Thank god for great sports talk starting soon. We should have been on an hour earlier.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was the plan, but the sf Gate did us dirty and took our hour. Liars, that's their hour of what would have been a flex alert. Now we will have that connected to the chronicle.
Speaker 2: Yes, we will have that hour tomorrow and schedule talk. The show will start at two, so that is a flex alert. Yeah, here's another text. This is not great sports talk radio toilets and cars.
Speaker 4: Great sports talk.
Speaker 2: Fred and Rodney. You see. So there's a lot of that.
Speaker 4: Something to peak your interest and then maybe tell a story about the old wide mouth gatorade bottle from your high school. Das school, Dave, yesterday, I carried one front but too those under armours are much better.
Speaker 2: What was he like, Well, I'm gonna get this wide mouth water bottle. Why is that? I'll tell you why, because I can't thread my poots out there. The little one brother.
Speaker 4: Everybody knows. Come on and then you forget about it. It's in the back seat and your kid gets in the car and they're like, what the hell, come on?
Speaker 2: Uh So, anyway, that's what Fred and Rodney were doing with the hour cat.
Speaker 4: You've never peed in a gatorade bottle when you're driving many times exactly.
Speaker 2: That's what they were doing.
Speaker 6: In high school.
Speaker 3: We were going up to Heart to play a baseball game, into the bus and one of the dudes you know, did his business and the lemon lime gatorade bottle and some guys like, hey, I'm thirsty lost it up to him. No oh no, yeah, just a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what, that's just the fraternization of baseball.
Speaker 7: Right, yeah, come on, right, we'll tell that story for the rest of our lives.
Speaker 6: We're talking about it thirty years later.
Speaker 2: You do that, now, they lock you up in the booby hatch and Camillo.
Speaker 4: Brother yeah, so that purnal cake and a guy's beer at a bar.
Speaker 2: That is the latest his schedule talk and Fred and Rodney's Hour of Toilet Humor while we were not on. So that's a weather issue and it's no longer applicable. Tomorrow is a two o'clock start, Like we said, that's a flex alert. And Thursday kates of the loudest doorbell ever. That's pretty that's for like, if you're going to Charlie Steiner's house, you want to make sure he here. Somebody's here for me, thank you? Elm is that tc uh? So Tim, Thursday is a whole different kit and kaboodle.
Speaker 4: Now no more double header. Very fluid, very fluid.
Speaker 3: We'll discuss the fluid twelve forty five first pitch from Oracle Park and typically all in we're talking about what three and a half to four hours for from first pitch to the end of Dodger talking, Yeah, about four hours here, that's about right from a first pitch.
Speaker 4: So on the NFL draft starts at five, so.
Speaker 3: We're getting about fifteen minutes to the petro.
Speaker 4: To Money Show. Okay, we'll take that fifteen minutes and.
Speaker 3: Then we headed off to Jay Glazer and Crew Jenny taff I think is part of the broadcast.
Speaker 4: Oh, they're going to be all over yeah LeVar Arrington and.
Speaker 2: They're closing the schools in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 4: They closed roads, they're closing schools.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean it's a real to do in the Iron City.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But the problem is the number one pick in the draft's gonna be sitting in Miami via zoom.
Speaker 4: Right, because he wants to be with his family and they're having like a big Cuban style pig roast. I saw Fernanda Mendoza talking about it, where they bury the whole pig in the ground and the whole family comes. I think they got a couple of a couple of rock bands playing.
Speaker 2: They're gonna have a special harmon sandwich.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's gonna be a real I think Kubano's all over the place.
Speaker 2: To harmon and hmon right.
Speaker 6: Portos is catering it.
Speaker 4: Exactly right, man, So even though he won't be there, the commissioner will be there.
Speaker 2: Oh I want to see him hugging, right.
Speaker 3: Hugging people who's he gonna hug when he says, with the number one pick in the draft, the Las Vegas Raiders select quarterback for Nanda Mendoza Indiana University.
Speaker 4: You asked, you ever see the movie, Dave, there's gonna be a proxy.
Speaker 2: Oh, but you know what, they should run Albi out there? They should run Albi Mendoza and is Georgia Jersey.
Speaker 4: I thought you meant LB the shark.
Speaker 2: That would localize the story.
Speaker 4: Man, it would reach state the long beach.
Speaker 2: LB. You know, I had the I'LB Alberta Mendoza Mat.
Speaker 4: I had the UH the women's crew team knock on my door over the weekend, soliciting for women's crew for their UH, for their See.
Speaker 2: Your shoulders are quite developed.
Speaker 6: They were.
Speaker 4: They were raising money for nationals. I guess they got a pretty good women's crew team, but they don't have support from the athletic department to go out to. I think they said the UH the championships somewhere in the Midwest. I was like, interesting, But I asked them, I.
Speaker 2: Said, you gave them two thousand bucks, right.
Speaker 4: I gave them fifty bucks. I asked, Hey, which mascot do you guys go with? I said, is it? Is it the beach? Is it that shark? Is it kind of a dirtbag?
Speaker 2: Thing there.
Speaker 4: You have your own that's a base I said, well, no, I said, do you have your own thing like the baseball team has the dirt bags, like like what you guys go with? And they were perplexed. They're like, well, I guess it's the beach but we just kind of call it Long Beach.
Speaker 2: Women identity has been straight.
Speaker 4: When they took the forty nine ers away, they were like, I guess we're just kind of Long Beach Women's.
Speaker 2: Crew and no one mind for gold in the marshes of Long Beach. They started the school in nineteen forty nine. That's why they're called the forty nine ers. Leave us alone?
Speaker 6: Are we doing?
Speaker 2: Leave us alone? About prospectors? Go yell at George Kittle.
Speaker 4: I was like, you guys have that shark thing. And they're like, I don't think so. No, no, man, Now did you give him cash or did you scratch.
Speaker 6: Out of check?
Speaker 4: Can? I? They they gave me an app broke a check. They gave me an app that I downloaded on the spot and I donated.
Speaker 2: If everything that lives in one of these beach houses would stroke a check, right, we'd be the best, you know, not sense of the boys in the boat. Would there be such a great crew.
Speaker 4: Story they did have like suggested, you know, like they had a twenty fifty dollars one hundred dollars like, you know, I think fifty bucks is good. It's not the entry level. I didn't have anyone that went to Long Beach State. I don't know anybody that's there right now. I figured fifties like kind of a nice sort of number for knocking on the door.
Speaker 3: What do you get for fifty Like a cool bracelet that says I support the rowing teamers.
Speaker 4: You know what, Kates, I just got the peace of mind and the warmth in my heart knowing that I participated in these young women who have competed so hard all year and earned their spot in the championships. A trip.
Speaker 6: Oh well, I'd take a bracelet.
Speaker 2: Can I get one of those? I would say, is the cocks in here? Because I would like you guys. I would like you guys to wrote backwards away from my door. I want you to not ask pushups, not ask me for money, leave me alone. But God bless them the pronoun sharks or Long Beach Women's beachhead.
Speaker 6: Did they look at you like fifty bucks really?
Speaker 4: Well, they didn't know. They gave me the app and then I donated, and when I looked at the app, I was kind of you know right, I mean, what more.
Speaker 2: Thoughts from a stranger? What the hell are you expanding?
Speaker 4: And I was like, I thought I was going to do the twenty five And then I was like, you know what, it was a good.
Speaker 2: Not like Gianni Versace's house. And it's Andrew Kunanan at the door. What do you want?
Speaker 4: We're living this sweet beach life here. I think, you know, books man, maybe we get to one hundred hundred bucks for a knock on the door. I'll never hear the INTI.
Speaker 2: He said, he didn't even know anybody over there. What leave us alone? All right? I have a couple of textosos that I want to catch up on.
Speaker 5: Up fine, brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers. We make it.
Speaker 2: Easy, Fred said, put it in the Twitter poll. Have you ever defecated in the car? He did not, or call in with your story.
Speaker 5: I have to take a crop.
Speaker 2: This is what comes from Isabelle. Who cares what they talk about? Pee? Well? I care.
Speaker 4: It's our leading.
Speaker 2: It was supposed to be our hour and that's how they spent it. And this one says f Fred and his toilet talk so immature. Bring me old Madonna, missile boobs and pole smoking talk. I need some substance in my life.
Speaker 4: Exactly, exactly right, that's right. Wait till the Chinese have us is ride along dudes to smoke some pole in those electric cars. Then people are really gonna start buying them.
Speaker 2: That's conflating this story. As they're all Baptist man Fred and Rodney. You need on an emergency toilet. Wait as the clowns, thank.
Speaker 4: You, sir, multiple impressions. And yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: The talkback button, everybody, it's on your art radio app.
Speaker 4: They're talking and back to PMS talkbacks.
Speaker 2: Talkbacks. I used to call the glitter as a response. You got any more to play him? You're gonna play the intro? I mean, what do you want me to do?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 9: I heard Petrol some Money talking about Sabrina Carpenter and Madonna Cochilla. That was freaky. You got a little person and a wizard sleep up there, Well done, sir, Way.
Speaker 5: Tim pick up the phone.
Speaker 3: Hey, you think I should pick up Robleski on my fantasy team?
Speaker 6: You play fantasy baseball. This is where Dodge talk last night.
Speaker 4: So did you did you address him on the air? I just got it this afternoon, and you want to give him a that should he pick up Robleski?
Speaker 3: Pick up Robleski and I do not play fantasy baseball, No, but pick heard.
Speaker 2: Matt said that he was gonna go deep into the game, and he sure did he did you.
Speaker 10: Go Monday go run maps Monday.
Speaker 4: You've won the tickets. Congratulations, You're going to the game on Friday against.
Speaker 10: The Monday home run NPS Monday.
Speaker 4: I want that person. I don't know if it's a woman or a little boy.
Speaker 2: We should have that on mon It's like Bart Simpson.
Speaker 11: So Tim Kates just did the Hoffey Special.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 11: Vin Scully's last game magical moment last ten years ago. Charlie Culberson hits a walk off home run. Yeah, and I don't get to hear from Vin Scully. I'm listening to Charlie Steiner instead. What kind of a stupid ass mark is that? Or I don't even get to hear Vin call his final call idiot?
Speaker 7: You know what, I don't need to be called an idiot? Okay, did you use that? I like how it starts. He was like very complimentary, like, hey, this was great. It was can you believe it was ten years ago? And then the hell is wrong with you?
Speaker 11: What kind of a stupid ass mark is that? Where I don't even get to hear Vin call his final call?
Speaker 3: It's so quick now that you bring it up, call her. You're right, we should have played Ben's final call?
Speaker 2: Are you thinking he's a stupid idiot?
Speaker 4: Idiot talk about a heel turn? I mean sorry about that, pal.
Speaker 9: Petros Maney yo.
Speaker 11: I go to a lot of these Rockies baseball games when a Dodgers come into town, and I've never heard of that corny Rockies baseball song.
Speaker 8: But I have heard Rocky Mountain High.
Speaker 5: Which is one of two of the state's official songs.
Speaker 8: How do I know that?
Speaker 2: Because that's what I read.
Speaker 8: What's the second one? I don't know and I don't care.
Speaker 2: It's where the Columbines grow. Oh God, well done, sir, that's very strong. We got that there, Cates Salty Ronnie. Yeah, uh, you have it, Salty Grandpa Ronnie and new Grandpa, and you're gonna make them all mad. He spent the night at the hospital last night, Cold Ground was as bad at the hospital and.
Speaker 5: Writing Shotgun for the next couple of days.
Speaker 4: Wait, Ronnie, how is the state allowed to have two official songs?
Speaker 5: I don't know, Don, That's that's what I read.
Speaker 4: What's the other one?
Speaker 5: I don't know? In didn't care. It's immaterial for this particular segment of the show, Never Gets Old, which is one of two of the state's official songs.
Speaker 12: How do I know that?
Speaker 2: Because that's what I read.
Speaker 9: What's the second one?
Speaker 8: I don't know and I don't care.
Speaker 5: I don't know, Don, That's that's what I read.
Speaker 4: What's the other one?
Speaker 5: I don't know? In didn't care? Its immaterial for this particular segment of the show.
Speaker 4: And you in the background doing.
Speaker 2: I was like, dude, don't do it.
Speaker 13: Dog.
Speaker 2: That's like watching your friend like, you know, look, I'm gonna kick this alligator. Nothing could happen, right, And then he gets tail whipped in his ankle brains. I got one more.
Speaker 6: I hope it's good.
Speaker 11: Hey, my friend mine with thee because they hurt my friend. If if you get stung again, you make sure you drink Amica la and you really gonna want to make you pee, and then you pee all over your leg my friend, you.
Speaker 13: Know, my friend.
Speaker 2: Thank you, sir, Matt. I have a couple more text osos that. This one's about your RB's fun fact. Yeah no, this says no. As a resident of Youngstown, Ohio and the home of Arby's, I appreciate the Arby's fun fact. There was also a rumor that Arby's was an acronym for amazing roast beef Youngstown style, which of course isn't true, but here in Youngstown we like to think it.
Speaker 4: Is, so I'm gonna call it from now on.
Speaker 2: And mattuh for you. This says p you should get those long Beach Crew chicks to row you out to meet up with yacht Fella the next time. It wouldn't depress nothing, but I could show up in a nuclear submarine.
Speaker 4: There I come, yacht Fella.
Speaker 2: This says long Beach Crew urging money on when his check book came out. Stroke, stroke, stroke.
Speaker 12: You're telling me there's not one person who can stroke a twenty million dollar check right now, not one. We need to find one of these really rich people in this city to step up and stroke a check, and I'll do everything I can to make you the most famous person in the city, right, that's really what we need. We need one person. We live in Jigs, Arizona. You're telling me there's not one person who can stroke a twenty million dollar check right now.
Speaker 2: There is somebody out here who can.
Speaker 4: Jake Kenny and you got it.
Speaker 14: You know, I am really annoyed and disappointed that you guys keep talking about the Colorado Rockies and you keep bringing up Colorado. The Kings are playing the Colorado Avalanche. Everyone has the eighth seed, the Colorado Avalanche is the one seed, and the King's only lost by a goal in game one and game two is happening. Come on, guys, great sports talk.
Speaker 4: That's good, enthusiastic, great sports talk.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 4: Well, you did it for us for stay tuned for quick talk about the Samboni it's good.
Speaker 2: As Do you like the playoff beard or no?
Speaker 4: Is he really doing that?
Speaker 2: Oh he put up two different pictures.
Speaker 4: No he's no.
Speaker 2: There's a listener are you Are you trying to step to me and say I'm lying no, because Samboni has a listener poll on Instagram.
Speaker 4: What's the poll?
Speaker 2: Do you like Samboni's playoff beard or no play off here? You're not playing, No, matt would I mess around about something like that. It's one thing to talk about Long Beach Crew, it's a whole other thing to talk about Sam Potash and what he's doing on Instagram?
Speaker 4: Is that on Instagram? It's on Instagram? I don't think I follow him on Instagram the same. Well, what's his nickname, the Sam Boner.
Speaker 2: No, it's Sambony sand Potash boone just go to break. You know, you got to be up on these things if you don't know about Sam Boniy's playoff here.
Speaker 5: Two but they toilet seats in the front seats of the cars, one for the driver, one for the passenger. Problem solved for rolling and runney.
Speaker 4: That confused me.
Speaker 2: Well, he's saying, you don't have to wipe yourself if you have a seat.
Speaker 4: I got you, and then you can just Dave Matthews hit and drop it on some people on a cruise ship a bridge below you.
Speaker 2: I wasn't aware of his gig. Well, we solve a lot of the world's problems there. We'll be right back with more. Petro Send Money with the top story of the day.
Speaker 1: This is Petro Send Money on demand demand.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody, what's cracking and welcome back. Petro said money. Happy to be with you from LA to the Bay. What you say, Dodgers in San Francisco tonight, all day, every day, every damn day. Dodgers on record, damn night, Dodgers on decade five thirty excuse me six, So I mean, you know, afternoon. Either way, we're happy to be with you. Don't forget to podcast our show on the iHeartRadio app or you can stream it live there too. Sounds good. But right now it's time for the top story of the day, top story of.
Speaker 4: It well, the the NFL Draft pee. We will we will step aside for Jay Glazer and company on Thursday at five PM as Fox Sports Radio will deliver the thirty two picks in the first round. Prime time starts at five pm. It'll follow Dodger Baseball in the Bay, so we'll have perhaps a.
Speaker 2: Slipper into the Bay, what you say.
Speaker 4: Or maybe we won't even make it up, but figure doing to.
Speaker 2: Make it on Matt and that would be a shame because I want to hear what the voice of the bolts.
Speaker 4: That's why I figured we do this here. Yeah, well thanks, you know tomorrow we may be talking about the Lakers jumping on top of the Rockets two games to none. Might be talking about Yamamoto throwing a no hitter up against the Giants. So I figured that's price after last night dismantling the rocket after.
Speaker 2: What you said about Robleski. Now you're making all kinds of like Isaiah, the profit.
Speaker 4: Of old David'll come on our David veasse not King David. David Vassa will come on at four thirty pm to this scus Rableski. So I figured, let's do a little football here.
Speaker 2: Let's when you sabbat Sieba naked.
Speaker 4: I couldn't help myself, and I'm gonna kill that guy. Pay summer acronyms, summer initialisms. But with the draft forty eight hours away or forty nine and a half hours away, it starts with the first round. It is wild how things have shifted. We have been covering the draft since we began doing the show together. Is we are in our twentieth year and we have watched the draft go from fans and their fantasy football mentality. Who cares about the trenches? Secondary be damned. All we want is a quarterback. We want wide receivers, running backs, maybe even a tight end or two. But the advent of data of applied stats has moved interest to all position groups, and really, I think has recognized how important the lines are. Accepting, I think beyond sort of accepting, but demanding your favorite team's front offices shore up. What Jim Harbaughs sold when he got here to coach the Chargers at the owners meetings, when they were a couple weeks out from passing on Elak Neighbors to draft Joe Alt at number five overall, and he said, tip of the spear. One position group that helps all other position groups, but in turn doesn't get any help from other position groups offensive lock. And he sold it, and they selected Joe Alt. And if you were to go back and redraft, they would take Joe Alt again over Malik Neighbors, and he probably wouldn't even be there at number five. And we mentioned the initialisms PB or PRP past blocking efficiency, pressure rate percentage. The days of just looking at sacks giving up are in the past. Same with defensive line. Remember, and I know this will tickle your football fancy. Andre Wadsworth the third pick in the famous nineteen ninety eight draft, just after Peyton Manning and Ryan Leif, coming off a sixteen sax season at Florida State, selected one spot ahead of Hall of Famer Charles Woodson because come on, man, sixteen sacks. Gotta take this guy now. Player like Trevon Walker can go number one overall in twenty two with nine and a half career sacks. Why because of PRPs and pprs and BD's and that's your total pressures generated beaten by defender pass rush productivity. It's all math, man. They are more in line. Really, they are more in line with a performance than sacks because sacks are not always on the offensive Lineman QB's got to get rid of the ball. Maybe should have climbed the pocket instead of running out into a sack, running away from a pressure somewhere else. Guy, your docking gets the sack.
Speaker 2: This is I mean, this is why scouts watched tape. It's exactly right, because if a guy gets beat but doesn't give up a sack, and it happens like six plays in a row, then even though he didn't give up a sack, he's getting his ass.
Speaker 4: Beat exactly right. And now, thanks to the advent of NFL dot Com, slash iq and PFF dot com and NGS next gen stats. All the fans have shifted their positions from screaming and yelling and bitching and moaning and pitching a fit when their teams didn't take their favorite wide receiver or their favorite sack artist or their favorite running back because they now have access to all of this information, and it has changed how the draft I have to sold, how the fans consume it because they now have access. The stupid ones, the stupid fans have access to all of this, they'll scream about the rass.
Speaker 2: Not like the smart guys that watch a tape.
Speaker 4: No, no, I mean the people that are just so deep into this that it is all consuming their time. I mean stupid and it it's just ridiculously addicted to this stuff. Relative athletics score Monroe Freeling a nine point nine to nine relative athletic score first of all, tackles one of the best rass measurements that we have seen in a decade.
Speaker 2: Lot like like Ross Trent, like the White Reggae is exactly like that Andy sum Samberg guy.
Speaker 4: Exactly like that. He is ninety ninth percentile in measurable six seven three twenty five thirty five inch arms eleven inch hands and his relative athletics score. Pe ras dot com is kept a database of all players drafted since nineteen eighty seven and has punched all of their measurables. They're testing numbers so they can project how they did in the past, how they have performed in the NFL, and how your draft d projects to perform in the future per their relative athletic score. Sounds ridiculous, It kind of is. Yes, a lot of it is, though, a crutch and a friend to general managers. How do we mitigate failure? How do we minimize risk? Look at the RASS it's quantitative. This isn't qualitative. Sure, our scouts have eyes and they've watched countless games and hours upon hours of scouting tape to help share their evaluation qualitatively. But we got this RASS number now. And Zion Johnson is a true outlier, top of the list in RASS for guards, a brilliant kid coming out of Boston College, academic all American size, measurables ninety nine percent TILE, relative athletics score ninety ninth percent TILE. He's a can't miss prospect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know a lot of this stuff, and maybe I'm just stupid because I am I'm one of the stupid ones, not the people that watch it all day, just downright stupid. Yeah that's great, and yeah, I mean look at him now. This does This is kind of reminiscent of when we sat with Gabe Kapler and he told us that RBIs don't matter. Remember that, Yes, and it is interesting, you know, I just I wonder. I mean, the NFL, just like the Dodgers, right, they make so much money that they have to spend it somewhere, just like a lot of college footballs. For years they couldn't play pay the players. They still don't. Somebody else does, but they build these giant taj Mahall build. I mean, somebody, You've got to spend the money somewhere. And maybe a lot of this stuff is that or window dressing because I kind of think before all the analytics numbers and stuff, I feel like the same people would get drafted in the same order by all the NFL scouts that watch football, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I think the only no doubt. I mean, look, ultimately, what do they always say, Well, that's great, but you got to go to the take. That's what they end up saying.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, why do you because the numbers, whether the numbers are the stupid basic numbers that we used to grow up with, sacks, pancake blocks, right, you know, stuff like that, or or whether it's the super advanced stuff you know. Either way, I feel like it. They can be deceiving that the watching guy play football, and you have to understand the sport and understand what they're trying to do play in and play out, so you have to be a football expert. But watching somebody play football in their whole year, that's what tells the tail and that's why these guys get paid to do that scouts.
Speaker 4: And then you have the relative athletics score of Max Ian atcher like that he's not a low one?
Speaker 2: Would it prevent me from drafting him if everything else was great? It's just like, I mean, I just don't know why this score is so low.
Speaker 4: Over here, he our guy Max did not start playing football p until junior college.
Speaker 2: Oh low IQ and low football. IQ can't even hold a boom.
Speaker 4: And where did he go to junior college? You guessed it? East LA College High IQ.
Speaker 2: Very very complex system.
Speaker 4: And he's still like is six three hundred and twenty pounds thirty four.
Speaker 2: James Almos's passing system is very math oriented, much like the stand and delivery right.
Speaker 4: That's where he comes from and with a Nigerian native, came up playing soccer, took the football late, used two years at East LA College to springboard his way to ASU, played for Kenny Dillingham. How did he get him? Guy stroked the check, broke the check because he got offers from everywhere. He is a physical and athletic outlier.
Speaker 2: But he already has high SFS, which is high soccer foot speed.
Speaker 4: That's right, he does and people are now saying he might be the next Jordan Malatta. Guy that came late to football from international waters Kraikey has turned into one of the best players at a premium position in the league. So I point all this out because the Rams are in the conversation from mad Max and his teammate Jordan, who some say could be the next obij or Terry McLaurin, but has had to deal with medicals. The Rams have tackles, good tackles Alaric Jackson, Warren McLendon. Obviously, they blocked for an MVP last year in Matthew Stafford. Combined, they gave up just six sacks. Their pressure rates are good. Jackson just signed a big money extension thirty million bucks guaranteed through the twenty seventh season. But mclendon's a former fifth round pick. He's played well. Is he a great tackle? He's a really good tackle. But reportedly the Rams are enamored with the rafts of Monroe Freelin because it might be too tempting to pass up guy that would be a top five pick in most drafts. But because he's got a lack of starts, he's raw, he's a value could slide to a team that can afford to not have him play right away, clean some things up and then instead of playing McLendon again, good player, But when tackles are making over twenty million bucks a year, you would assume his agent's going to say, well, my guy's better than this guy who just got four years ninety mills. So that's our floor. That's how things get pretty tricky, and that's how you sell someone at pick thirteen to the fans that might not even play this year. Well, when Roe Freeling, we never had a crack at a guy like this. We just happened to have this selection because Atlanta traded it to us last year. Unbeknownst to them, they have a disaster of a season. We're picking in the top fifteen and now instead of just taking the safe guy, we got a swing for the fences and go with a ninety nine percent tile nine point nine to nine relative athletic score of Monroe freeling the tackle out of Georgia. As for the Chargers, well, the sacks, the hits, the pounding that Herbert took last season. I've never been around a fan base that is more fixated on a guard. They desperately want a guard. You and I sat there at Sofi Stadium. We listened to Esther the techno fiddlist when the collective MEH was uttered after they picked Zion Johnson at number seventeen, a guard to protect Justin Herbert. Yet here we are five years later and they are all begging and pleading George's in his camp to trade up and get the Penn State Vega you wanna or just reach and take anybody at twenty two that can help keep their dreamy signal caller upright in twenty twenty six. It's a long way from my want a receiver or a running back to I want to guard.
Speaker 2: What a great polished fan base.
Speaker 4: I really want to guard.
Speaker 2: Well, you gotta have them, you actually need to. Yeah, probably three. Nice to have a swing guy that can do both. All right, we will return. Remember we had the draft live here on Thursday on am FI seventy LA Sports. Find out what the Chargers and the Rams do. We'll have some local knowledge coming.
Speaker 13: Up now, Southern California's most listened to sports talk show.
Speaker 2: This is Petro Send Money on Demand going.
Speaker 4: To five point thirty Dodgers Giants coming up at six forty five pm. Yamamoto on the mon As Dodgers got a big victory in Colorado, split the series against the Rockies. You want a thousand bucks? Listen between nine and five every weekday for your chance to win a thousand bucks every hour from A five seventy LA Sports Bonus Bucks is what we call it, and it's brought to you by Sweet James Accident Attorneys offices in Los Angeles and available at sweet James dot com.
Speaker 2: How about some local knowledge, knowledge that is local. Uh, that's okay. I like this song Matt Riverside County last weekend, Big story a Temecula homeowner saw a balloon, A hot air balloon carrying thirteen people landed in some guy's backyard. And it's not that big of a backyard. A full basket of folks, like a picnic basket full of deviled eggs, just landed emergency landing. Oh hello, much like a emergency toilet in this guy's backyard. I guess the wind died and the pilot had to end the flight quickly, and it was apparently a masterful landing in somebody's Temecula backyard. There's a video of all the ballooners in the guy's yard waving and it looks like a tight f Kudos to the pilot. The reason this happened, Matt, low fuel and dead wind and the balloon made an emergency landing, which is crazy ballooning news.
Speaker 4: Yeah, into Mexico. We don't get a lot of ballooning news.
Speaker 2: No we don't.
Speaker 4: It's not New Mexico or Michigan.
Speaker 2: I guess New Mexico and Michigan are the only two real ballooners.
Speaker 4: But here we are. Here we are talking balloony talking balloon into Mecula. That's wild, now, Matt.
Speaker 2: This is why I don't and won't. And I'm sure you would never consider me for this kind of thing. But ever think about ballooning ever, not once. I will never balloon. And I also read a book with a ballooning death in it. Not New Mexico, Michigan.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 2: Anyway as you may expect. Ballooning and Phineas Fogg and every balloon, even the Chipmunks cartoon where they balloon around. It is terrifying. And why anybody would do that? Why with a giant flame and a big, huge balloon all tapestried together and a big basket like you're a bunch of fried chicken and a napkin. You shouldn't. You shouldn't consider it.
Speaker 4: I like to think of myself as potato salad.
Speaker 2: You can be potato salad bad.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Nobody likes a balloon accident, It's all I'm trying to say.
Speaker 3: Yes, sim you know, you guys should really go out to have AZU in January when they have the Hot Air Balloon festival. Ball out done it twice. I've done it twice. Gone out there and watch them. Oh you haven't gone up in the air though, No, But we did help tether one of the balloons when the wind picked up, and then the guy needed a little help because he was by himself. Myself and three other people helped grab the rope and keep itself.
Speaker 2: There's stuff like, yeah, you're trying to land and you're dragging on the ground and people are grabbing the rope like it's the beginning of the Wizard of Oz.
Speaker 3: It's pretty cool though, to see the different designs and the creativity. And they come to the river and they just drop down and put the bucket in the water and they go back up.
Speaker 6: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: That's living. That's what that is case. That's living.
Speaker 2: And it also reminds me of something that happened at the restaurant when I was a kid. There was a violinist named Giovanni Uh. He was a very fiery, fiery tempered violinist. Uh. Some kind of European, I don't know. I think he was Greek, but I don't know what he was Albanian, who knows? And Uh, And there was I don't know what he was. There was a Greek bus boy from South Torrents High, Chris Captain Capel Tanaki's Chris Captain was at a Maudy High school kid, and Giovanni hated him. And you know, this is before cell phones, and Giovanni's on the house phone of an accord, and you know, it's like all upset. He's like, there's been an accident. My wife and son had been in a car accident. Or no, he goes, my wife and son have been in an accident, and Chris Captain goes a car accident. He goes, no balloon accident. And he grabbed his neck and started joking it. So whatever I think of a balloon, I think, no balloon accident.
Speaker 4: And then the joke came It's like an episode of The Simpsons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. Actually it was exactly like that around the time The Simpsons first came out. When that happened, All right, Matt, really quickly. You are very close, Matt, your steps away from Long Beach, California, and I do this story for you. I spent a lot of time throughout Long Beach in the eighties, back when people were saying, can you believe what they did downtown? It's great? And now look at it, now look at it, anybody. I was baptized in Long Beach and we've done many shows in the LBC lest we forget the immortal My Tie Bar where we interviewed Bruce Dern and his uber broken axle.
Speaker 4: Don Well, there's the time.
Speaker 2: There's a new Long Beach attraction math that is available for the whole globe and especially people like you that are so close to Long Beach. Here is Channel nines and twos Pat Harvey, and she has a better fastball than Eddie Diaz does. Right now give her that. Here's Pat Harvey to tell the tale.
Speaker 15: Iconic board Games is celebrating the spirit of Southern California. Monopoly has released a special edition inspired by the city of Long Beach. Instead of building hotels on boardwalk and park plays, players can hop from Long Beach landmarks like the Queen Mary Aquarium of the Pacific, Second Street and Lions Lighthouse and Scbsla's a Reena O'Connell shows us the city specific editions, connecting communities through nostalgia and local pride.
Speaker 8: When the Anderson family plays Monopoly.
Speaker 2: The vip records because that square is their home, Welcome to vip W Records.
Speaker 5: Here in the gray city.
Speaker 6: Of Long Beach.
Speaker 8: Anderson's opened the music shop and recording studio almost fifty years ago. It's known as the birthplace of g funk music.
Speaker 4: Two one three with er Flute one and Nate Dong, who got their targeted.
Speaker 8: So iconic that when the USBO licensee top Trump's announced it would create a Long Beach a.
Speaker 2: Very exciting board game. Now we could be done. It's okay, are you going to buy the Long Beach Monopoly, Matt?
Speaker 4: Why wouldn't I? I mean I have all the different monopolies. Whenever I go to an airport, I can't help but buy the Cities Monopoly.
Speaker 2: Matt, Long Beach Monopoly, right, Okay, not Oka, see not Detroit, where nothing is worth buying Long Beach Matt.
Speaker 4: VIP records.
Speaker 2: You should have heard that piece goes on for like five minutes. Well and VIP records. People are just sitting there playing monopoly.
Speaker 3: What are the community chess cards say like, you just got stabbed on sixth Street, go back five spots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there's that one guy that goes bambuyaka the guy from the the third Street, second Street. We'll be back with more petros and drunks. There's that gay bar, a lot of gay bars, ripples. That's right, I hang out, we know, smoking a pol Pasco, more petros and money still a coup