Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA Sports and on demand on the iHeartRadio app. This is the Petros and Money Show. You are one of the kind, hosted by Petros Papaday guests left school after sixth grade. Look at him and the voice of the Bolts Matt money Smith. The answer is on money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 2: On the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app. I'm sick of just liking people. I wish to God I could meet somebody I could respect.
Speaker 3: Gong the Yukes sduhast middle of the hour start the Dodgers dominate from the gallopin Ford Broadcast Booth. Take two or three from the Astros. Glass now leaves David Bassey sensational coverage as always on Dodger Talk. We are Mariot until seven pm. Terrible for Glass now, but more importantly terrible for the Petros and Money showing our relationship and a relationship with a guy and now that's our guy. Now he's gonna be like Brock Stewart to us anonymous. He just said this.
Speaker 1: Tyler Glass now said he felt his back gave out during a warm up throw.
Speaker 3: That seems bad.
Speaker 1: Tried to throw another, but it didn't feel better. Same thing he felt that forced him to skip a start in Baltimore last year, sent him to the IL in twenty twenty four. He didn't think it was too serious. So, oh, it's not the end of the world. I guess it could be worse for Tyler Glass now, but not good news for a guy that we've had a good relationship with ever since last year's playoffs. And congratulations to David Vassy. That game did not fly. That was a long getaway night. And Vassay, who happens to be back in Burbank for this trip, very thirsty for happy Hour in Pasadena, and he was really itching.
Speaker 3: To Hey, you want to I get out of here at two forty five or off there? I mean three point thirty. You're still getting happy hour till five at least. Yeah, but you know it's the middle ends. It's the middle of the seventh inning, and you see there's a lot of Dodger talk ahead of you, and you're staring in the Zachoux Beard. There was a lot no home this game was supposed to be over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, last Now, Vassa got pretty salty during that Dodger talk with some of the callers.
Speaker 3: I always say, despite it being a bullpen game, the Dodgers' bullpen did their part. It was the Astros that let Dave down. You know, by no means did it turn into a twelve to nine affair and go for three and a half hours. I think the game was still too forty, So not too bad Dave, and he should be happy he's not on that flight home. I heard Tim Neverett and Rick Monday talking about the weather again.
Speaker 1: Yeah there's rain coming. Rain coming doesn't matter here. They always have the roof closed. I mean almost always, not even when they don't have to. I was listening to that broadcast on m FI seventy LA Sports. But a big win for the Dodgers, so they don't lose the series to the Rangers. That would be a huge bummer after losing the previous excuse me, the Astros, after losing the previous series in the lou that would be a huge bummer. But now that the Dodgers won that series, they stave off the panic Brothers. However, we are extremely disappointed about what happened to Tyler glass Now because our relationship was a budding relationship. This is awesome, guy. Yeah, this is a lot like Don Leebowitz and frand Li Beowitz. Excuse me, in the Animal House movie sophomore dies in kiln explosion. We weren't engaged to Tyler glass now as a friendship on the show, but we were engaged to be engaged. We had we had a good thing going. And what do you think, Kate, do you think it's over between us or do you think that this is just a small but.
Speaker 3: Do we have two stars between our conversation with him and this injury?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think you guys are good because it's an injury that he has suffered.
Speaker 1: I mean, they blamed us for Anthony Bonda getting freaking traded.
Speaker 3: But this isn't a freak thing.
Speaker 1: This has happened to him for the last fifteen years since high school, so it's not like you caused it.
Speaker 3: It's a reoccurring thing. If this were something new.
Speaker 1: But I asked him, like, what's it about this year? Your body's on track, You're all balanced me. Now all of a sudden, you've separated from me. You're went back down. You know what when Matt did that, I did take a couple of steps back. Hey Dave, wait, come here, Dave, Where are you going there? In a sense a hurry there brother? Where are you going there? Dave? Where you're going a happy hour? Where are you going? Where can the people find you tonight? Where are you going? What about some doctor fans? I want to see you out.
Speaker 3: About old town Pasadena.
Speaker 1: Soy see it at the thirty five or oh, we'll have a good time, Dave. Nobody deserves it more than you, all right, Dowdy hun day Tomorrow's right? Well, come and promoted David Class four to five with Dave. Give us the address days.
Speaker 2: Seventy five to fifty Firestone Boulevard. We're gonna have ten pairs of tickets to give away to Vessi's Bobblehead Night on May twenty ninth, and we're also going to give away Bjy's gift cards so the people can come out.
Speaker 1: And spend it.
Speaker 2: Now, Petos and money are at Bjy's and downies to that Synergy man two remote shaking hands. We really feel it right off the six ZHO five at Firestone. That's right, that's right. Baby, and then after that I'll be having dinner at the dow Ray.
Speaker 1: Nice really well, yeah, you pop right up a couple exits up the road there. That's like the Black hand and the White hand shaking hands in the float parade in Animal House, Sophomore dies and kill an explosion. Uh before you leave his glass Now in bad shape?
Speaker 4: Dave?
Speaker 1: And is this the Petrosen Money Show's fault since we've become friends with him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, where's Ben Casparius these days?
Speaker 3: That's not nice.
Speaker 1: Now give us some insight. What's gonna happen with glass Now's back.
Speaker 2: Well, he's had this same back issue each of the last two years. One time he had to go on the I l the other time he just missed one starts. So it's gonna be uh a wait and see to see how his back responds. But snail Zilla is going to make his final rehab start Saturday in Ontario, so he would not be available to pitch in glass Now spot on Monday against the Giants, so they would have to find a spot starter bullpen game. River Ryan is still on the seven day I l End Minor League, so maybe a Cole Irvin type of day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right. I mean, well, you gotta do what you gotta do.
Speaker 3: Let's go Cole Irvin.
Speaker 1: Well, the chips are down.
Speaker 3: Call Cole Irvin.
Speaker 1: If you see Dave on the one thirty four east, Uh, give him away? There he goes to.
Speaker 3: The Hamburger Hamlet he goes.
Speaker 1: You want to launch real quick? Is she there? Is she there?
Speaker 3: She's there?
Speaker 1: You mean Dave didn't have her on?
Speaker 3: Let her sit on?
Speaker 4: Hold?
Speaker 1: What applied from the group Holm and Anaheim joining us right now after the Dodgers have an up and down road trip and glass and now's back gives out quote unquote. It is one of the all time great Pettersen, money listeners and sports talk listeners in LA sports experts, especially baseball, especially Dodger baseball. On the Southern California Toyo to be a celebrity hotline, it is Isabelle Ibarra for the launch pad. What's cracking? Is he.
Speaker 5: Keep me on now? You want to keep me on a whole?
Speaker 3: You want us to put you back?
Speaker 1: Who said to keep you on home? You heard me say say.
Speaker 3: That, probably yes, so you could so we could do the launch. He wanted to keep you on hold? Old So then he knew that we would do the launch with you.
Speaker 1: Did Ronnie say something to you in your ear? Is he? Is that what happened? Ronnie said something?
Speaker 5: No, nobody, nobody can They need to. Nobody even get when I called you that when I when I called that's okay with Ronnie. It's no good deal. It's fine.
Speaker 1: You're telling me that. You're telling me that zach Elk did not address you when you called Dodger talk. He didn't have like because call. It's not there today exactly.
Speaker 5: It's okay, it's fine.
Speaker 1: I don't want to start. It came to your point, Kate's did you do something to Isabelle on hold there?
Speaker 3: I didn't she tell me?
Speaker 1: Are we going to do this?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: I want to make sure we get easy? Honest. You say something snarky on his way out to happy hour, like tooper old hold hold her book. She shouldn't get a d No suffrage.
Speaker 5: I said, David was for a long time. That did not be him, very disappointed.
Speaker 1: Said that somebody said something. Match, He's not just making this up. Somebody said something.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is three minutes of us trying to figure out something. We don't have the clues for let's not solve that mystery.
Speaker 5: Talk about the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: There, Dodge, Let's check CCTV. Let's see who did this carpet?
Speaker 3: Two minutes we got James Worthy coming on and we got to be off at forty because James is calling precisely at forty five?
Speaker 1: Are you unhappy? Is he about that? The road trip?
Speaker 4: Is he? Well?
Speaker 5: You know what I am, lady, take him out and have the owen stick and you know what you guys just too. It can't be way out the comics would if it was the playoffs, then I would, Yeah, right, season guys, it's up, it's up and down. We will we would, you know. The Dodger be okay though they go the whole Witch is the whole Wick is Carol woan way? So anyway, but say happy busy patent to me.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow, will thank you? A happy birthday to you. You share the same birthday, so tomorrow it's your birthday too, Happy birthdays thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll be fifty seven tomorrow. You guys, how long we know? Need to never a month?
Speaker 3: Thirty five?
Speaker 1: Fantastic? What do you blame us for? Glass?
Speaker 4: Is he?
Speaker 1: Do you blame us for Glassdow's injury.
Speaker 5: I will never blame me to glass now injury. No, it's it's day. They told him. What did you guys have a part of it? That's stupid. It t think you guys have a part of it. I'm gonna treat him. I mean, come on, come on, even bladed, come on, give me a break. Didn't be fine? All right, just be fine, Dodgy, don't come calm down. So talk to ad p I. I hope you guys can come to my party Auntie idday. So, so it's.
Speaker 3: This Saturday, Yeah, yeah, okay, what time? What time you do it? What time you're doing it?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 5: Noontime? Sober class? Yeah, bring bring the family, bring them carrying the gids and you can bring them and the kids. So I want to assume me carry though too, So for.
Speaker 3: Sure I will find out what the schedule says is and if we can make it, we'll be there.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well take Lily call.
Speaker 3: Me Happy birthday at midnight.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday, Thanks Isabelle, and we'll be back with more Petro saying money. James Worthy will join us in the next segrament and we will talk about the Laker loss in Game one on the plains of Oklahoma. This is Petros and Money to man.
Speaker 3: That Tros Money five seventy l a sports home of the Dodgers, Big victory Early today. Time for our conversation with James Worthy, brought to you by the Ford Maverick, Motor Trends and the North American Truck of the Year. The Ford Maverick is everything you need in the most innovative truck with forty two miles per gallon and the best MSRP of its category. It is time to see Ford in a new light. Visit you are Southern California Ford Dealers Today.
Speaker 1: Here to deal with the fallout and discuss what is next. Is a man who knows. He knows what it's like. He knows what it's like to do battle. He knows what it's like to stand atop the mountain. Here's an NBA Finals MVP champion multiple times with the Lakers and in college Emmy Award winner at Spectrum Sports Net. One of the coolest people in Los Angeles. He should run for mayor. The one and only James Worthy on the Petrusen Money Show. After the Lakers look okay but lose Game one, Oklahoma. What's cracking, James? How are you?
Speaker 4: Hey? Hey, hey man. You know it's the NBA Playoffs, Lakers in Round two against the best team in the league. You know, I thought if they were going to have a chance to steal in the game, I thought that game one wash was always one you try to pick off. But you know, they they have chemistry, They're they're playing as hard as they can. They got to knock down some shots. Man, when you're playing against Oklahoma, you got to make shots. You never can't turn the ball over and you can't give up offensive rebounds, and the Lakers were guilty of a few of those.
Speaker 3: A lot of fans pointing the finger at one player in particular, James Austin Reeves. And obviously the guys out for six weeks or whatever, comes back maybe ahead a schedule. You want to appreciate that, But at the same time, certainly looked like it was a lot for him, just never look comfortable out there. Your thoughts of kind of how to try to get him back on track, and are you all right putting him back out there for another thirty five minutes?
Speaker 5: I am.
Speaker 4: I know Austin's you know, first of all, anybody that's like a scratch golfer. You know, They're discipline is hell. He's he's had an uphill battle coming back after being out, and then you know, having to go up against Oklahoma is a tall task because they target people like Austin Reeves. They make him play defense, they put size on him. So I mean, he just needs to knock down shots. He had some shots. He needs to get to the line, which he's really good at. I look for him to bounce back in game two. You know, he's the type of guy that's not gonna, you know, have two of these in a row. So I look for Austin to snap back.
Speaker 3: What about Luke Canard, I mean, there's a guy that you know, started out on fire those first two games against the Rockets, and since I think he's three for sixteen from three, I don't know kind of if they just started paying attention to him. But the guy who's playing over thirty minutes per game, I got to figure out how to get him out of his funk.
Speaker 4: What do you do there, James, Yeah, they definitely have figured him out. You know, when he took over some of the point guard responsibility and they saw all his talents. Obviously, they're going to go back to the way they used to guard him his whole career, which is to run him off the three point line, you know, don't allow him to roam freely. He's another guy that really couldn't get a good shot. You know, his shots were rushed, and I credit the defense man. You know, Oklahoma their detail oriented, they know who's who can shoot, and they did a good job. The lady's gonna have to set picks. They're going to have to move the ball a little bit more quickly, quickly and get him some you know, on some downscreens or driving kicks to forget him some open shots. He had some shots, but boy, they were under duress. And you know their defense They're long, they're they're quick, they're physical, and if you don't, if you don't combat with that, you're gonna have a long night.
Speaker 1: We've seen over the years, James, great NBA teams that have a lot of depth and some really great players coming off the bench. But is there a comparable team that you've ever seen to this Oklahoma City team in terms of their depth and what they throw at you. I Mean, they've got all kinds of weirdos thrown at the Lakers last night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you, Paul George Man that that draft for she and all those draft picks, they're gonna they're gonna be set for a long time. I haven't seen that, haven't seen. I mean the Golden State Warriors, you know, Ecadal and they had some guys coming off the bench who were who were decent when they were winning. But I cannot remember a team that has been so productive with their role player. That's why they're so good. They're without Jensen Wims last night, a big part of their team. But it doesn't matter. When you have a system, you can just plug in. You might not get the same performances, but you gonna get production. You're gonna get something out of the guys that come in because they don't they don't skip a beat. And the way they play defense, it kind of it kind of rolls into their offense. They're getting steals, they're getting second shots. I mean, you get second opportunities. A lot of those end up being three point shots. And so the Lakers really gotta pay attention to the detail. Uh, you know, they gotta maybe maybe maybe play Maxie a little bit, get some size in there. I throw everything at him. I put Smith in there and see he could get hot, you know, because you have to play a different style of game with with Oklahoma. You gotta throw everything, I think, and and the kitchen sink at them as well. But I think if the Lakers can knock down shots and not turn the ball over and not give them second opportunities, they might have a chance to win a game or two. I'm not sure, but they cannot give them, you know, all the things that they're good at.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean they were hanging in there till the end of the third quarter. Is still like a four to six point game. When you say that, Maxi kleeber Nick Smith, I mean Drew Timmy Like does that Does that cause any panic on a team when you see guys that normally wouldn't be in there? Like how do you try to tow that line of not getting your regular rotation to freak out? But man, Laavia has had issues, Canard has had issue. It just seems like that bench is not giving them what they need to give them.
Speaker 4: Got to go it in spurts. Yeah, you don't want to disrupt your entire rotation, and you don't have to do that. You could throw like Smith Junior there, he could shoot and if it gets hot, let him hit two or three three, take him out, Put Jake back in. You want some size in there sometimes, you know, if you got fouled trouble with eight and or if you want a three point shooter, you know, put him in there for two or three minutes, and why you're resting eight of somebody. But I think it's the playoffs now, and to me, the playoffs a little bit more spontaneity in your rotation because you're playing the same team and you're not moving around from city city, So I think it's okay to explore a little bit. You know, hey, he's put Brody in the game for two or three minutes here and there, you know, just to get some youth and some energy, just to mix things up a little bit. When you're going up against an Oklahoma Kim, you need to match that energy. And because they have a lot of it as starters and they have a lot coming off the bench as well.
Speaker 1: If they got Luca back, and it doesn't really feel like, I mean, at least a tone of today's thing didn't really feel like it's going to be anytime really soon. But if they got Luca back, I mean, how beat up would he be? Considering how Austin Reeves love we talked about that, is that something that maybe Laker fans could maybe let go of.
Speaker 4: Not only that, you know, not only will he be beaten up, but teams will look to be him up, you know, coming off the coming off the injury list, they would test him immediately on the defensive end. I'm not I'm not really thinking about Luca right now. I'm just trying to hope that these guys can energize themselves, find a way to win a game and go from there. I mean, this round, I'm not feeling Luca like. I don't know if he can come back and start right away with Oklahoma, but I would welcome it. I would definitely welcome if we can get the top score in the league back and he's able to produce. But right now, I'm just looking at what we have. I know that great too in my eyes. You know, I know that four to six weeks, same thing that that that that Austin Reeves had to go through. So it's tough coming back after you've been sitting out and to come back in the playoffs against Oklahoma. I'd love to have him back, but it'd be a tough task.
Speaker 3: You've you've talked about, you know, just kind of your impressions of him, you know, when we've talked to you before, James, but he out coached Udoka. Just kind of your thoughts on what JJ had as a game plan in going into game one, and you know, kind of some of the stuff that he talked about after the game that maybe didn't quite go right, but some of the stuff that did go right.
Speaker 4: Well. I think about Jay J. J Rick. He could he could think on his feet, you know, and that's the sign of a good coach. All coaches have a game plan, you know. I remember John Wooden used to have that little piece of paper rolled up. I don't know what that was his game plan, but sometimes yes, to just throw it out a way and you and you gotta start and you gotta start coaching. Man, You remember that. M John wouldn't have that, I don't. I don't think it was anything on now. I think it was.
Speaker 1: Well, he used it to yell at guy. He yelled at guys through that so people couldn't read his lips because he was Yeah, he was real. That's what he sious. You know who told me that.
Speaker 4: Pete newle good Tria Newell said.
Speaker 1: You know, everybody thinks that Wooden was such a nice guy, but he was chirping at dudes with his lips, and yeah, he really was. That's what they said.
Speaker 4: Man, talk about an awesome man. Heaton noise to go to his big man camp.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: But back to the Lakers, I think we were talking about, uh, the rockets and the JJ Reddick and how he how he's able to to think on his feet and the thing I love about him, uh he he doesn't like to be compared to anybody, so by no means, I'm not comparing him. But Riles would hit you on the spot. You know. He wouldn't wait till practice. He wouldn't wait till the next day. He would hit you right when you were walking, uh through the backs. And I like that about JJ. You know, he communicates to his players and then he has an opportunity to explain hisself and they seem to h understand that, and and and and seem to you know, react to that. So uh, he's able to get them to change and deviate and do things as a team. And that's why they were able to go on that road, create that chemistry, win some games, beat the five hundred teams, and I think that's that's how they have arrived here at the playoffs. Unfortunately, Uh, they're set back with some injuries.
Speaker 3: Real quick, James, do you do you take away positives? And in the way you were able to defend Shay Gilges and and maybe the way like Ayton and Lebron player, are you taking away negatives? Like, man, we played pretty damn well and still lost by eighteen. Like what what's your ultimate takeaway?
Speaker 4: I'm taking away positive? Man, I'd like to I like the way we started. I like the way Marcus smart is. You know, he's he's physical with Shay, He's not getting too easy. We make some shots, uh, and take away you know home room was a problem. We had some defensive lapses, and I think we can just correct that and the other things like no, turn that ball over against Oklahoma. You gotta you gotta honor that possession every time you get it. And then I think if we can start the way we started in game one and keep the pace, we'll have a chance. But man, Oklahoma they're good.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: I'm not lying.
Speaker 1: They're good, deep and wide. The one and only James Worthy, ladies and gentlemen, A great guy came on later today for us because the Dodgers scored twelve runs and very flexible. Yeah, well not enough last night, but twelve today.
Speaker 4: So can we get maybe we get some of the Dodgers to come and play in game two.
Speaker 1: Maybe you shoe Eltonic could put a body on that U see, Santa Barbara guy. For sure, we love you, James, thanks for doing it.
Speaker 4: Have a great night, okay, bud? All right, take care it.
Speaker 1: Goes James Worthy friend all And as the Petros and Money Show continues, we will discuss if you take a pregnant woman on a boat, is that your baby?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry what kind of boat we're talking about? Like, are we taking the Catalina Express like a.
Speaker 1: Round of long Beach? No, I'm renting a problem like a charter boat just her and me? Is that my baby?
Speaker 3: I am unfamiliar with the world of charter boat right?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I mean at the end of Lolita, the girl was pregnant and the guy was like, it wasn't even my baby, right, and I still wanted her even with that other man's baby cooking at that oven. That was what Vladimir Naviakov wrote about, and we just have a similar story. We also have a story about the beach. We also have a story about Disney, which we're always really good at. Screwing up lots, going.
Speaker 3: To stack show, going until seven, three more.
Speaker 1: Hours, stacks on racks and stacks and backs, the biggest backs. So what, it's not my baby, I still want to have a great day out on this lake with this.
Speaker 3: Fine charter boat. Months ago, the wait list was six months. I didn't know you were going to be in this state.
Speaker 1: Baby, and I heard gonna have to share the room. We'll be back with.
Speaker 3: You're inside.
Speaker 1: Oh, Matt, you know why, why what subtlety jazz class? You don't have to no,