Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles. The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth.
Speaker 1: This is world Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: Here we go again. We get a running back.
Speaker 4: To get in on the show called eight six six, not eighty seven, two five seventy and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you.
Speaker 1: Get short podcasts.
Speaker 4: And now your host, here's Tim Kakes.
Speaker 5: An hour and fifty two minutes. How about that a Dodgers win in a game that was sub two hours long.
Speaker 6: We'll take that any day of the week.
Speaker 5: Hi, everybody, and welcome to Dodger Talk here on AM five to seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Hope you enjoyed that one nice and quick. Put a bow on it. Dodgers get a one to nothing win in an hour and fifty two minutes as they improved a forty seven twenty seven great pitching, good defense, and one big swing of the bat from sho hey Otani and the sixth inning is all they needed in a one to nothing shutout win over the Tampa Bay Rays. Their ninth shutout victory of this season, as they improved a forty seven and twenty seven on this season as a Dodgers now a nine game lead in the Division, nine games up on the San Diego Padres, nine and a half games up on the Arizona Diamondbacks in a game that took one hundred and twelve minutes. One hundred and twelve minutes, the shortest nine inning game for the Dodgers since nineteen ninety two, the shortest nine inning game at Dodger Stadium since nineteen eighty two, and the Dodgers will take it, especially with a quick turnaround on Wednesday Tomorrow, a nooner out at Dodgers Stadium was show Hey Otani scheduled to take the mount and will not serve as a dozen en hit or we know that Dave Roberts telling David Vassa just a few minutes ago, and we'll hear from the Dodger skipper coming up here very shortly. We'll all chill check in with Jose Mota, get his thoughts on this Dodger win tonight, and a lot to dissect and really look at what happened with this Dodger game tonight Justin Robleski first off, six shutout innings, scattered three hits, struck out five along the way, zero walks, attacking the strike zone, efficient, getting ahead in the count, oh one, getting in ahead in the count, and not falling behind three to zero, three to one. There wasn't a lot of deep at bats in this outing from Justin Robleski. Through twelve pitches in the first inning, had had a one out air at third by Max Munty. That didn't hurt him because it was a double play ball. Right after that in a ten pitch second inning. His fifth inning, he threw seven pitches to get three outs and was through fifty six pitches through five innings. In the sixth inning, give up a one out single before getting out of the inning unscathed after throwing eleven pitches.
Speaker 6: Now you're wondering, and I was wondering, Colin. He was wondering.
Speaker 5: Sixty seven pitches, fifty strikes. He was efficient, didn't have a lot of stress on him over those six innings, didn't have a lot of pressure on him. Wasn't pitching out of the stretch very often in this game tonight. So why did he come out after six innings? Why not ride Justin Robleski longer. Well you heard from Robo, You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. He was working on four days rest. That was it for Justin Robleski. And for a lot of you old school Dodger fans like myself and baseball fans, you're like.
Speaker 6: Four days rest, that's the norm. Well not this year.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers have a six man rotation, and because they have a six man rotation, that means there's five days usually for these starters in between starts, and that is what they've been going with for this year and now for just a second time this season, a Dodger starter going on four days rest. Justin Robleski, you know, not used to that, coming off and outing and pitcher. Remember go back to last week in PNC Park, had to come out of the game, the hamstring issue. You know, all this kind of combined together. One nothing lead after the home run from show ay O'tani, I don't think if show he hits the home runner, not Robleski's not going back out there.
Speaker 6: But fortunately show A hit the home run.
Speaker 5: When he did so, Robleski was in line for the win and he turned it over to the bullpen who combined for three shotout innings and he gets his victory, his eighth of the year. But I thought he looked so good out there. And I don't just say this because it was an hour and fifty two minute game and we all love quick games. But I love the pace that he pitches at. I can appreciate what he does out there on the mound and a couple of things. I think he's a product one of this new pitch clock generation of pitchers.
Speaker 6: This guy's only twenty five years old.
Speaker 5: You know they you're minted with the pitch clock before they brought it to the major leagues. Justin Robuski is now only in the second full season the major leagues. He got to use it in the minor leagues. He's used to it by the time he gets to the major leagues. And he's a young product of this new generation of starting pitchers that have to adjust and work quick. He's okay with it because he's been trained to do it coming up. And second of all, he understands the faster I work, the quicker and more efficient I work, the faster I can get my guys up to bat. And also I'm keeping my defense engaged. I'm not going deep into counts. I'm not having these lengthy at bats. I'm not putting guys on with free passes, with walks. I'm not having long innings. I'm not having these stressful innings. By working quick, being efficient, it keeps your defense on their toes because they're expecting a fast paced half inning and that's exactly what they get from Justin Roblusky. I could appreciate it. I like the pace that he works out there on the mount. Now, not every pitcher is like that, but I can appreciate him in this starring rotation being that hard throwing lefty that can mix it up, pitch backwards if he needs to pitch with depth as a guy who's built up now as a part of this rotation, I really do appreciate what Justin Roblusky does. And you know what, a tip of the cap to the guy for earning this spot in the rotation.
Speaker 6: This wasn't handed to him.
Speaker 5: And like, okay, because there's everybody hurt, we gotta have Robleski out there, all right, Let's see what he can do. Justin Robluski was a starting pitcher at Oklahoma State. Justin Robleski was hurt when he was drafted, come off with Tommy John surgery, Tommy, He came off the injury in the minor leagues, built himself up. Dodgers used him as a bulk inning reliever, an opener, a closer, a back end of the gang kind of pitcher. He did it all the first year and a half, and going into spring training this year, there was that battle for the fifth spot in the rotation. Bobby Miller got hurt, shoulder was barking, never really got into the mix. As far as the competition was concerned. Justin Robleski and shean fighting for that fifth spot. Now, as it turns out, Blake Snell wasn't ready to go. So it had two roster spots and two openings in the rotation for both these guys to grab. But if it was just the two of them fighting for that third spot, you can make a real, real strong case that he would have been the fifth starter coming out of spring training because a way he pitched and the way he has you know, gone out there and attacked the strike zone and allowed the Dodgers to win behind him with the offense and defense. That they have, and tonight it was on full display. Six shutout innings. So I mean fifty strikes out of the sixty seven pitches he threw, thirteen to twenty seven batters he faced.
Speaker 6: He got ahead oh one.
Speaker 5: I mean at one point he struck out three straight to end the first and to start the second. Got defense behind him with a double play ball in the second. Got a great defensive play in the sixth inning for Max Munsey diving to his glove side, going to one knee and laying out to rob a base it between the five to six hole there after a one out single, and then get to feel there's choice on a ground ball at the middle that Alex Freeland just flips to Mookie Betts for the force out of second.
Speaker 6: No damage done on the one out single.
Speaker 5: Eleven pitches in the inning, and he's sitting at sixty seven pitches after six shutout innings. Then the Dodgers bullpen will climb a lead off walk in the seventh. Now, I don't know about you, if you were listening, you're watching, you're at the game tonight, you're like sixty seven pitches just Roalbuski, he's dealing man. And then we get a lead off walk from Will Klin on five pitches.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 5: Well, Will Klein settled in, got to pop out and then got a ground ball double play to get out of it. A real good job by Will Klein. Who again, we've seen this bullpen implode. We've seen the bullpen give up big innings. Just go back to Pittsburgh, go back to Chicago. Over the weekend Friday and Sunday, two big innings did in the Dodgers and those losses in the series lost to the White Sox.
Speaker 6: He kind of felt like, uh, oh, is this about to happen again?
Speaker 5: But to Will Klein's credit, was able to get a fly ball pop out to Will to Freddie Freeman at first and then induce a double playball to get out of the inning.
Speaker 6: And then Kyle.
Speaker 5: Hurt good outing by him, one two, three eighth inning, including a called strike three to get.
Speaker 6: Out of the eighth inning. That's exactly what Kyle Hurt needed. And then Tanner.
Speaker 5: Scott, you know, I'm not forgetting what happened with kateel Martine and Arizona, but you know what, he has put up more good games than he has bad outings. Tanner Scott with his ninth save of the year, striking out a pair and then getting the fly ball out to Andy pie Has to.
Speaker 6: End the game.
Speaker 5: A really good job by him coming out tonight and attack all the Dodger pitchers tonight. Attacked the strike zone. We're pumping strike one, We're going after.
Speaker 6: These raised hitters.
Speaker 5: And what you notice was it wasn't mistakes over the middle part of the plate because Junior Cavinaro, that guy can crush. That guy can hit one to lot g if he wanted to, and probably has during batting practice. That's the last thing you want to do is layout pitches over the plate for this race team that can hit it out of the park. Justin Robleski, a lot of times the ball was up in the strike zone, up and in too left tanned hitters. He did a great job of pumping first pitch strikes and fastballs for strikes up in the zone.
Speaker 6: And it wasn't like he was getting guys to chase.
Speaker 5: He was just elevating that fastball to the upper part of the zone and getting called strikes and getting swinging strikes for that matter as well. So it's just a great pitching performance all around by Justin Robleski and the three Dodger relievers. The offense was at a premium for both sides. Drew Rasmussen seven innings, one mistake, sho hey Otani's fifteenth home run of the season, and then defensively, we mentioned a couple double plays that were induced to end the innings and then Max Muntzi's diving stab at third.
Speaker 6: Good job by.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers defense today and again playing on their toes when you got a fast moving Justin Robluski on the mount eight six, six, nine eighty seven two five seventy. Let's hear quickly from the manager Dave roberts as weekend postgame, get his thoughts on this game and look at ahead tomorrow with show hey on the mound, looking you up, say.
Speaker 2: Tonro BLESSI again just from the first stitting, aren't really attacking tonight?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was attacking all night. That's who he is.
Speaker 7: And it was good to see first day he was on you know, regular rest, short rest whatever, and so I didn't want to push him too much tonight, but he gave us everything we needed and it was just good to see him compete.
Speaker 3: And that's kind of what he does. How much of your.
Speaker 2: Defense has been overlooked?
Speaker 3: As far as the success.
Speaker 7: So far, it's you know, it just goes hand in hand the pitching with the defense, and the positioning has been great. The defense, you know, Max got a lot of action today, a lot of hard contact made plays, and then Mookie's just been fantastic. Get short and then the double play turn with Freeland right there. It was a big play, you know, when Klein was in the game. So just really stellar defense and certainly overlooked. But when you talk about the pitching, it has to be the defense has to be mentioned.
Speaker 6: Skiper, What's what pleases you the most?
Speaker 3: What pleased you the most.
Speaker 7: About Tonight's the thing that pleased me most about tonight is the way Robo just continued to, uh, you know, go after guys. And obviously it was a very fast game. The pace of play was great, you know, there was a rhythm to it. And Rasmussen is a very good picture. We don't see him very often, but this guy's an elite pitcher. And for us to you know, find a way show a hitting a homer to win an old school baseball game, one won nothing under two hours.
Speaker 3: Really fun baseball game to be part of a kind of aquire different some of the.
Speaker 7: You know, I think it's just it's just we talked about this a couple of weeks ago. It's just just near missing the baseball in the sense of he was hitting the ballhard, doubles some singles, and then if he was just missing it a little bit, there was going to be slug And so that's that's what's happening, seeing the baseball well, swinging at good pitches. And then yeah, like we've always talked about, when he used a big part of the field, there's just no one better.
Speaker 2: But if Roleiski's still in ninety seven in the first inning and he goes right after Kevin Arow the way he did in that first inning on three pitches, does that kind of tell you something about the way the n's going to go for him?
Speaker 7: You know, I just think that the dependability with Robo in the sense that you know that he's going to go after guys and his first pitch is like his last pitch, and he's an epitome of going as hard as you can for as long as you can and until the manager takes the ball from you. And tonight we asked, you know, six innings, and he did that and he passed the to the pen and they were fantastic. So I think the dependability from the first pitch. Yeah, you know, Kevin Arow is one of the really good hitters in baseball and it's fun to see a team like this because we don't see them very often, but very talented.
Speaker 3: And but yeah, he didn't run from that is.
Speaker 2: The sixth inning center. The sixty five pitches you had for him do to because because of the regular rest four days rest.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, and you know, and I think he had you know, five punch which was great, but there was still some hard contact in there. So I think for me, it's, you know, you got to the teeth part of the lineup, and I just felt that with the short rest, he did his job. Show he's going to pitch and then he's not going to hit.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 6: There. It is from the manager himself.
Speaker 5: Show, Hey, Otani will pitch but not serve as a designated hitter tomorrow as he takes the mount in this series finale against the Tampa Bay Rays. But tonight, show hey, the hitter with a solo home run a blast in the bottom half of the sixth inning is fifteenth of the year, to give the Dodgers a one nothing win. Dodgers Baseball is brought to by Medello Midello the mark of a fighter, Oz leaving Dodger Stadium tonight on this Tuesday night after a Dodgers win over the race.
Speaker 6: How you doing, Oz?
Speaker 8: Good Sim, how are you?
Speaker 5: I'm fantastic an hour fifty two minutes saw a great game, great pitchers duel and a show hey home run.
Speaker 6: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Jim.
Speaker 9: First of all, I want to say congratulations on to your daughter for graduating this year.
Speaker 6: That's a big accomplishment. Thank you appreciate it. And then second, second course, Second, all I want to say is my call is just full of gratitude.
Speaker 9: From show Hay to the starter.
Speaker 5: And justin to the bullpen.
Speaker 8: It's a Will cling and Tenner Scott slamming the door.
Speaker 6: We have to be grateful for what we see every single night, day in and day out.
Speaker 8: I think you had said this after the Dodgers one in.
Speaker 10: Twenty twenty, is like, you don't get to see this every single year.
Speaker 8: It's not that the Dodgers sprinkled in.
Speaker 4: A World Series in the nineties or you know, in the early two thousand.
Speaker 8: So we just have to keep faith and rely on what we see.
Speaker 5: And just enjoy what we have for right now.
Speaker 8: That's all I have to say, Tim, thank you.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it. Oz, thanks for checking in. You saw a good one tonight. Forty and seventy in attendance at at Uniclo Fuel the Dodger Stadium in a game that took one hundred and eleven minutes, an hour and fifty two minutes if you're keeping track, in a one nothing Dodgers shutout over the Tampa Bay Rays, the Dodgers down nine games up in the division over San Diego, nine and a half games up over Arizona in the NL West. Is Justin Robleski goes six shutout innings for the win. Drew Rasmusin pitched well, he gets the lost Hanner Scott struck out two of the three batters that he faced to pick up his ninth.
Speaker 6: Save of the season.
Speaker 5: Again, shoey Otani providing the power tonight a solo home run, and tomorrow will provide the pitching, but not the hitting pitcher. Only tomorrow for show hey Otani as he takes them out, we will see the debut with Tommy Edmond, who is coming off the injured listen playing for the first time here in twenty twenty six. Robert and Chino, it's next up here on Dodge Talk. Robert, how you doing, my friend? Praising yourself doing fantastic an hour and fifty two minutes show.
Speaker 6: Hey goes deep.
Speaker 5: Robo is the man and the Dodgers now nine games up in the division and we haven't gotten to the fourth of July yet.
Speaker 8: Yeah, ROBO's proven himself, making him pretty hard to trade with his production and everything. With Shean what he's doing, I would say, you know, if you're gonna trade one or the other, it was looking like Shean. Robo is, you know, pretty strong with his contact to the defense, making the defense play. He's like a singer ball pitcher doing his thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Yeah, he was efficient tonight.
Speaker 5: He's got the fastball mid nineties, Robert, I appreciate the phone call. He's got the fastball going. He had the cutter going. He had the sinker working as well. And I mentioned the fastball. It's one thing to be pumping six ninety six, ninety seven, but if you're throwing over to the middle of the play, those guys are gonna hit you, and you're gonna get hit around. We've seen that happen with Justin Robleski at times this year, the game against the Angels and where he had to wear it against Pittsburgh. He gave a couple of home runs at P and C Park. But when he's elevating that pitch and getting guys to swing on that fastball up in the zone and he's able to get guys, you know, to swing it to his offspeed pitches that are that are nibbling the corners. He's a tough guy to face. And the way he works, the efficiency that he works at the defense, you know, really on their toes playing behind him.
Speaker 6: Again, He's just a joy to watch out there.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna start going with with with RoboCop, a pun on the old eighties movie Part Man, Part Machine, All Pitcher, Justin Robleski, RoboCop, Kate in Torrents. Thanks for being patient, Welcome to Dodge Talk, Kate.
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 10: I'm good? How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm doing fantastic? Dodger's got the win? How about that, Kate?
Speaker 10: Oh, it was great, it was great. I just wanted to say, you know, there's the stat about what we do with runners in scoring position every time, so he comes to the plate, we have a runner and scoring position. That's anyway. Yeah, but I just wanted the tickets.
Speaker 3: For the.
Speaker 11: Kate.
Speaker 6: All right, you know what, Kate.
Speaker 5: At least you're honest about it, We'll go ahead and give you the tickets. Congratulations Kate in Torrence. You came out of the great the gates swinging there. We appreciate that. But we'll give you the tickets and we'll put you on hold. You got a pair of tickets for Friday nights Dodgers Baltimore Orioles game, Mookie Betts Bobblehead Night, first.
Speaker 6: Pitch at seventy ten.
Speaker 5: And if you haven't gotten enough of David Vassa yet, you can see David Vase and Dave Roberts out it the Hyundai dealer in Downey. That's right Downey Hyundai this Saturday at eleven thirty am.
Speaker 6: They'll be out there for an hour.
Speaker 5: Meet the Daves, David Vase, Dave Roberts this Saturday, June twentieth at Hyundai in Downy. Great spot, great location, great people, great deals. Right now, if you're checking out and wanting to get a houndai out there in Downey. And you can also meet Dave Roberts and shake the hand, take a picture and say hello to the gate the great David Vass.
Speaker 6: Okay, we'll take a time out. We'll come back.
Speaker 5: We'll get to more of your phone calls, and we'll hear from Jose Mota. After the Dodgers in fast fashion and a game that took an hour and fifty two minutes, take care of the Tampa Bay Rays a one nothing shut out thanks to show hey Otani's home run in Justin Robleski.
Speaker 6: Six shutout innings.
Speaker 5: Dodgers now forty seven and twenty seven, and continue to build on that lead in the NL West, now nine games up in the division. We'll take a break. We'll come back right here on an five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere.
Speaker 6: On the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 11: M AM five seventy LA Sports be anywhere at any time, and you can hear past episodes of Dodger Talk all of those things.
Speaker 4: Search AM five to seventy on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: We're streaming online. We stream every game too.
Speaker 6: Come find it.
Speaker 4: Back to Dodger Talk on AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 3: Frash person stretch position.
Speaker 10: You will kick and come home, and Olani swaves hammers at tap the center field.
Speaker 1: This baul heading back toward the walk on.
Speaker 9: It's all home run show, Hey old tany home run number fifteen am the Dodgers get on the board is won to nothing.
Speaker 5: He knows how to put on a show. Show Hey o Tani with a solo home run. His fifteenth of the year is fourth in his last six games. Daniels Jewelers presents the home Run Forecast for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jewelers gift card. Just visit Anti Seventhla sports dot com, keyword home run into your name and you could win. Daniels Jewelers own the dream. As the Dodgers get the one nothing, shutout victory over the Tampa Bay Race thanks to show hey solo home run in the sixth, Justin Robleski would go six shutout Indians to pick up the win. Drew Rasmussen the lost Tanner Scott a one two, three ninth to pick up his ninth save of the year in a game that took one hour and fifty two minutes to see the Dodgers get their forty seventh win of the year.
Speaker 6: Let's check in with Jose.
Speaker 1: It's time to go around the Horn with hosein Moga.
Speaker 6: Hour and fifty two minutes.
Speaker 5: Jose love it, Burley love a quick, quick baseball game exactly.
Speaker 9: I'm like, hey, it was this Mike Burley in the Mountain eight or what's going on here today? Hey, you said it right, you know, with the young pictures and I've talked to you Rob Bliske about this and Devin Rushing when he came up, they saw used to the clock and it doesn't bother them. You heard some complaints early, you know, with the more veteran pictures, like hey, I need some time to think it over and get myself ready and things like that. But these young guys, man, it's like they have the clock in their mind. It's like tick, let's go, I'm ready to go. One thing I like it's urgency on the part of justerro Bleski. Number two is let's give some credit to Chuckie Robinson man, because let me tell you, these two guys were like throwing a bullpen. They're like in rhythm. He gave great targets, he had them in the great rhythm, they're on the same page. You didn't see a whole lot of shaking and with the you know, the PitchCom and he won fastball happy against the club that does not hit fastball very well, which is one thing you want to see from a picture. Right, he's got the experience to know he's got ninety four, he's got ninety seven in his pocket. The Rays are one of the poorest hitting teams against fastballs in all of baseball. Now you go on reaction. How are they reacting? Do they know I'm going to throw it? And from there on he went, okay, not only are my force teamer, but he won sinkers today. He you on twelve sinkers and you see the effectiveness do you have the lots of when you're sitting on it adding to movement And that makes a big difference between current and baseball and not.
Speaker 5: Tim talk about being a defensive player behind a pitcher like Justin Robleski Jose and you know you see a guy working quick, you know he's going to be efficient. What does that do as a guy playing behind him?
Speaker 9: Oh, it makes you better because you're always on your toes as number one. But I think you get into rhythm too, where you know exactly when to get your feet set. It's like a great dance. Everything's in coordination. You know exactly where you're You know a couple's gonna do, You know exactly and anticipate what sequences he's going to be using. So in that way, well you start cheating. And cheating is a good thing on the infield side and on the defensive side, because you start leaning in one direction, anticipate one thing or the other, and when you consistent, even on your missus, it's gonna make you anticipate, get better routes, get better first step, and you know, playing good defense, it's about really positioning. But it's about the first step and how you get to the baseball because the first step is gonna set up everything with your hands, your eyes, and also for you to find a great hob to go out there and find yourself. And it always goes together because the pitcher sees good defense behind him and he agrees to tell himself, hey, it's not just about the punch outs. I may have ninety seven today, I may have ninety eight, but these guys are making plains. I want to go deep into a game. And that's exactly what happens, is one fitting out for the thrower. But I think the pitcher needs to pay attention to to know that it's not all about amping up and throwing that fast white people.
Speaker 6: Jose show Hey is showy.
Speaker 5: The solo home run is all the Dodgers needed, and he absolutely blasted that. But I want to touch upon the bullpen and Will climb the leadoff walk in this seventh five pitches he comes in and I don't know about you. I immediately was like, oh no, here we go. The bullpen is gonna let this one maybe get away, and you put the tie run on first immediately coming in at the bullpen. His credit though, got a fly ball out to Freddie Freeman and then a ground ball double play to get out of it.
Speaker 6: What do you think?
Speaker 5: What did you think about Will Kline and then Kyle Hurt and Tanner Scott behind him, those guys going out and putting them.
Speaker 9: Zeros, just like last night the bullpen going out there and throwing strikes getting rid of the first guy. It didn't happen with Caminado and Clining, but I think with coming Ado, we gotta be careful there. I think he was trying to be so careful that he is not missing, and they say Yankees and fast balls or were kind of crossover on the other side, comes back strong and it makes a good location on Ryan Vlay. You gotta be careful of Bla too. I mean, he's having a very good year as the most he's ever played as a big Lyrics is producing quite well. And then you're pitching to the weak spots, so you're pitching too. A guy's anticipating one location against Williamson gets a double play. Good defense behind him. Again, positioning by the Dodgers and the guys in tintipating the baseball, it just makes all much much better. And for will Klein and the rest of the bullpen, it's great to get to punch out stim it's great to get the swings and misses. But let's not forget even as managers, it's not so much about the swings and missions of times, it's about a guy that can come and help you get some weak contact, stay in the zone, and if the defense your defense is and the rhythm throughout the game, there's no need to distort it by trying to just go out there and have guys trying to amp up with those fastballs and get it buy him. I mean the rais Or a team that came into today first and batting collectively in the American League number three in baseball, so it's not like they're easy out. But so far this series of dollars have made so many great pitches of what in the beginning by being able to work the defense along with the pitching quite well.
Speaker 6: An hour and fifty two minutes.
Speaker 5: How about we get an hour and fifty tomorrow with Sham and klanahan and show hey Otanya on.
Speaker 6: The man, another good pitcher's duel with two guys that can fill up the strike zone.
Speaker 9: What if I toy that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they don't really necessarily work at the same pace as justin robles.
Speaker 9: No, let's how those guys do what they do. McClanahan obviously one of the best pitches in baseball. Show heavy and show he's going to take the time. And you know, Showy on the other side has been using the clock to the very max sometimes to throw off hitter, so you know, smallly enough he knows exactly how to do it. I saw a bullpen today which it was supposed to be a short bullpen, tim but it was like a full on as Mike sushould say, a full gorilla bullpen today for Shohio Tony. But I'm glad that the knee responded well the way that I saw him deliver over that right leg. Everything seems to be lining up nicely for him for tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Can not wait till tomorrow.
Speaker 5: First pitch of twelve ten, Jose, We'll talk to you tomorrow after the game.
Speaker 3: Let's do it all right.
Speaker 6: There, He goes Jose Mo to join it us here on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 5: As the Dodgers get the one nothing to shut out over the Tampa Bay Rays. Justin Robleski the six shutout innings.
Speaker 6: He gets the win.
Speaker 5: He's now eight and two on this season. Drew Rasmussen gets the loss. He falls to six and three. He pitched well tonight. One mistake, it was a costly one. Shoho Tani's fifteenth home run of the season as solo blast to lead off the bottom of the six and then the Dodgers' bullpen three shutout innings. Tanner Scott with the exclamation point, striking out two of the three batters that he faced for his ninth save of the years. The Dodgers again pick up more ground in the NL. The Padres and the Diamondbacks both lost, so the Dodgers are now nine games up on San Diego, nine and a half games up on Arizona. Well, tomorrow we're only not only does he show Ao Tani on the mound, just pitch, not hit. He will not be the designated hitter, as Dave Roberts said earlier, but we're also gonna see the twenty twenty six debut of Tommy Edmond. Yes, he has been on the injured list the entire season so far, recovering from off season ankle surgery. Last time we saw Tommy Edmond was Game seven of the World Series, and before the game are on, David Vasse had to catch up with them.
Speaker 6: He is excited to be back.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm excited. It's been been a too long, been a couple of months that I haven't gotten to play, and you know, just been best cheerleader I can be, and now I get to actually contribute.
Speaker 2: I was concerned about you wandering in Oklahoma City for forty days and forty nights.
Speaker 3: How did you survive?
Speaker 12: You know, a lot of a lot of prayer and meditation, you know, but yeah, I know it was it was fun.
Speaker 1: You know, it was fun to just get back to playing again.
Speaker 12: They got a great group of guys down there, a lot of good players, and you know, it was just fun to get back to playing.
Speaker 11: BA.
Speaker 5: All right, there's Tommy y Edman. He'll get the start tomorrow at third base. It'll be day off for Max Mounsey. And that's what we're gonna see a lot out of Tommy Yevmen moving forward. Multiple positions he can play, and multiple positions he will play, second base, third base, and the outfield as well. And tomorrow's schedule to get the start at third base with the left hander Shane McClanahan getting the start against the show.
Speaker 6: Hey O, Tony, that's gonna do it.
Speaker 5: We have run out of time here on Dodger Talk. If we could not get to your call, I apologize. We'll be back at it tomorrow after the Dodgers' Day game out of Uniclo Field of Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 6: Many thanks to Colin Ee.
Speaker 5: Thanks to all you Dodger fans for being a part of the show listening and podcasting as well. You have made Dodger Talk one of the most listened to podcasts out there, and we cannot say thank you enough for listening, downloading, and being a part of the show many different ways, and podcasting is certainly a way you can do it.
Speaker 6: We appreciate you those who are listening to at as that made their way home.
Speaker 5: Forty one thousand and seventy and at ten It's tonight saw the Dodgers shut out the Tampa Bay Raise Show Heyotannio home run Justin Robleski six shutout innings to pick up the win in a game that took one hour and fifty two minutes. Heech i bet David Vasse is already home by now here at ten thirty one Pacific time.
Speaker 6: Check on this Tuesday night. Back at it tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck starts at eleven am, first pitch at twelve ten show Hey Otani, Shane McClanahan, Dodgers and Rays.
Speaker 6: As the Dodgers go for the sweep. So long everybody