Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball. One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball. Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 2: Incredible and while others make excuses, the only.
Speaker 3: Reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 3: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 2: Now your pregame host of the world champion La Dodgers Tampa Cats.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck on this Wednesday morning. Still but we got a nooner out of you. Looko Field, the Dodgers Stadium is the Dodgers wrap up this three game series against the Tampa Bay Rays. Your Dodgers forty seven to twenty seven on the year, most wins in baseball, one more than the Atlanta Braves, as they are running away with the Division, now nine games up in the NL West over the San Diego Padres, nine and a half games up on the Arizona Diamondbacks, taking the first two games of this series. Dodgers go for the sweep today with show hey Otani on the mound. First pitch from Yulic Low Field. The Dodgers Stadium is coming up at twelve to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Morongo Casino, Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts, David Vass will check in throughout the hour. We'll hear from show Hey. Otani will also go high and tight with Dodger leftender Eric Lower, who's been a pleasant surprise for this pitching staff, thrown in with the injuries to Blake Snell and Tyler Glass. Now we got your Dodgers Magic Cole moment, your Otani rewind coming up, and in just a few minutes we'll head out to the Galloping four broadcast booth with Tim Nevertt and Rick Monday. Well, last night we had ourselves an old fashioned pitchers duel, Justin Robleski and Drew Rasmussen going toe to toe in a game that took one hour and fifty two minutes, the fastest game at Dodgers Stadium since nineteen eighty two, the fastest game the Dodgers have played in general since nineteen ninety four, and it was a fast paced game with Justin Robleski, working quick six shutout Indians, three hits, five strikeouts, did not walk a batter. He threw sixty seven pitches, attacking the strikes on fifty strikes if he had last night in all, he had a one, two, three first and then put it into cruise control all the way through six innings. Meanwhile, the Dodgers offense struggled against Drew Rasmussen, who continued to put up zeros. He's been really good at his two starts leading into last night's game, But finally, in the bottom of the sixth inning the third time through the Dodgers lineup, show Heltani.
Speaker 5: Delivered Rasmussen stretch position, he will kick and come home, and old Tani swings hammers at deep the center field.
Speaker 3: This Paul heading back toward the walk on.
Speaker 5: It's a home run, Show, Hey old Tani home on number fifteen am the Dodgers get on the board, is one to nothing, Well, he hammered it to dead centers.
Speaker 6: If tomorrow afternoon's starting pitcher, Yes, show, Hey Tawny the hitter last night his fifteenth home run of the season and no doubt about her into the netting and straight away center field.
Speaker 3: RBI number forty two, his fourth home run in his last six games. As the Dodgers take a one to nothing lead, Justin Robleski would go the six innings. That was it, turned it over to the bullpen for the final three innings. Will Klein got the seventh and wouldn't you know it, a leadoff walk on five pitches. However, two batters later he got just what he needed.
Speaker 1: Two fifty two.
Speaker 5: Hitter Is Williamson. Then the pitch on the way to him, one hopper to second, Freeland goes to second, bets the turn turn to first, down him. Totle play four six, three, no runs, no hits, no aris, nobody left.
Speaker 1: It is stretch time.
Speaker 3: A huge four to six to three double play induced by Will Klein to get out of that seventh inning, no damage done. That is a top tier play. The game brought to by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less. Kyle Hurt had the eighth of one, two to three ining Tanner Scott had the ninth, struck out two of the three batters he faced. He put up a zero. Dodgers their ninth shutout win of the year, a one to nothing victory over the Rays. The show Hey o tani home run is all they needed offensively. Justin Robleski picks up the win. He's now eight and two. Drew Rasminson gets the loss. He falses six and three. Tenner Scott gets the save, his ninth of the year. The Dodgers pick up ground in the NL West as they are running away with the division. Now twenty three and nine since May thirteenth, is the Dodgers record nine games up in the NL West going into play today, and today they go for this series win and the sweep of the Tampa bay Rays. With show Hey o'tani on the mount first pitch of twelve ten and with more, we head out to the galloping Ford Broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Nevertt and Rick Monday. Guys.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much, Tim, and good morning as we get ready for this early game here at Unico Field at Dodgers Stadium the Dodgers and the Tampa bay Rays. Game three of the three game sent the Dodgers a season best twenty games over five hundred, forty seven and twenty seven, and now are nine games in front of the San Diego Padres and the National League Western Division standings. That's their largest lead. In fact, it's the largest lead by any team in any division in baseball, and as of this morning, the Dodgers have more wins than anybody in Major League Baseball, one more than the Atlanta Braves. The Raised today will send left hander Shane McClanahan of the Mound. He's six and four with a three to two three earn run average. Shohei Otani will pitch, he will not hit. He will just be a one way player. Today. He is six and two with a major league best one point zero six earn run average. So today's starting pitcher, Mo was the guy that won the game at the plate last night with a sixth inning solo home run. He still amazes everybody, But Dave Roberts is not going to have him hit today with the short turnaround here for Game three.
Speaker 7: And I think part of it that too, is, you know, the recent leg issue. It's not something that's going to keep him out of the out of the lineup. But Dave Roberts is saying yesterday they are going to be watching him very closely here this afternoon. Perfect timing as far as last night's ball game. The Dodgers, again on the Otani home run went it by a score one to nothing. Tampa held to just three hits in ball game. Perfect timing indeed, with a day game at twelve ten today because that last night's game went just an hour and fifty two minutes, thank you very much. It was not extra endings and we were not here all night.
Speaker 5: Very good. It was the shortest game since the fourth of October nineteen ninety two against the Houston Astros. It's the shortest nine inning game. That game lasted an hour and forty four minutes. But we learned later that that was better an umpire Doug Harvey's final game, so that would explain the game time.
Speaker 7: And Doug went in and notified people, look, do not take a strike and it's going to be a liberal strikes on itself. A new look today also ten because last night Tommy Edmund was taking off the injured list, he was observing from the dugout. Well, he's going to be observing from third base today and he's going to be at the top of the order, the leadoff.
Speaker 5: Hitter, switch hitter, he'll beat right hand of the Dodgers, getting a number of right right handed hitters in the lineup here today month seward and obviously Otani not going to hit today, and part of the reason is that left handed hitters are hitting only one twenty five with zero home runs against Ray's starter Shane McClanahan. So the Dodger is trying to do the best they can with the right handed bats.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm trying to draw on that end of it, and for Tampa trying to get it into gear itself. You know, you look at the fact they had a five and a half game lead not that long ago, in fact three weeks ago on that end of it. But since that time, they've dropped now fourteen to last twenty one ball games, and they're starting today now two and a half behind the New York Yankees in America the Eastern Division. And for the Yankees, they're kind of going in a pretty strong stream right now because they won eight if the last ten, and for Tampa they would like nothing better than winning the final game. But this three game series, so.
Speaker 5: The Rays at forty one and twenty nine take on the Dodgers forty seven and twenty seven. The Dodgers have a chance for a three game sweep. They can get a victory behind show hey Otani here this afternoon.
Speaker 3: Tim all right, thank you guys, has been cutting down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get that game day meal on what you're doing for lunch today? About getting that Shaky's Pizza parlor. You can get Shaky's Pizza Chicken Mojo's right now Shakys dot com. We're off and running here on Moroco Casino, Dodgers on deck. Coming up before first pitch, you're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We're check in with David Vasse, who was one on one with Eric Lower, Dodger left hander. We'll break down this pitchy matchup with show Hey Otani on the mound. Speaking of show Hey, we got your Otani. Rewind next and we'll hear from the Dodger right hander. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Rays first pitch from Unicle field. The Dodgers Dadium is coming up to twelve ten. I'm Tim Kaates' is the backback World Series Champion Dodgers audio.
Speaker 7: That one.
Speaker 2: This this Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting's not a new game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Tampa Bay Rays on this Wednesday show, Hey Otani, she McClanahan the pitching matgine. We'll dive deeper to the numbers, coming up in just a little bit. First pitch scheduled for twelve ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani.
Speaker 5: Rewind raspusson stretched position. You will kick and come home and Otani swaves hammers at deep the center field.
Speaker 3: This ball heading back toward.
Speaker 8: The walk on.
Speaker 1: It's a home run.
Speaker 5: Show, Hey Otani home on number fifteen. Emma, Dodgers get on the board, is won and nothing oh he hammered at the dead centers.
Speaker 7: It by tomorrow afternoon, starting pitcher.
Speaker 3: Yeah, show, Hey Otani on the mountain today last night providing the only offense for both teams. A solo home out of the bottom of the six is fifteenth of the season. And afterwards, our Devin Vessey caught up with Showy.
Speaker 9: Show Hey, and now we're in fifty two minute game. I guess this gives you enough sleep to get ready to pitch tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I just got the shosh it.
Speaker 10: I mustn't it nice to have? I really coached quick and uh and a quick win.
Speaker 9: Too, show Hey, Drew Rasmussen was pretty good tonight. What information did you take in the previous at batch to jump on that first pitch.
Speaker 11: I'm saying about justin way you'll got that it's gonna my day.
Speaker 10: So I'm not sicking, man, go each tool sales shutting to scot.
Speaker 11: You my tack time, my book to go about that he about you know, I'm my sensation, not gonna time. I'm not to much tunnel that cake. I'm not there.
Speaker 10: Let us Yeah, just having good looks, just re readjusting my sights and making sure that I know how the ball is moving.
Speaker 1: Show.
Speaker 9: Hey, when you performed the way you performed fornight and the way you've been performing lately, do you feel how much confidence you give the rest of the team.
Speaker 3: Months I gotta go today.
Speaker 10: Men hunched him up.
Speaker 1: Some of that I'm gonna kill me.
Speaker 11: Talk about the money I started put them money.
Speaker 9: I mean, it's night to night.
Speaker 11: It's okay, say book you out in all day kill thinking that team is day. Don't know nott keo the ktives You're not gonna.
Speaker 12: Look at up.
Speaker 3: I take it as a team approach.
Speaker 10: You know, there are days when all the guys pick me up or pick all their people up. So it's really like when everybody do their job, then things go well.
Speaker 1: Good team win.
Speaker 3: Thank you for stopping. We'll see you tomorrow. Thank you too, and by tomorrow it's today. Is the Dodgers get ready to finish off the Tampa Bay Rays. As show hailed, the Otani now becomes the pitcher. He will not serve as a designated hit today, will not bat, but he will pitch for the Dodgers. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Cars for Kids. Donate now with Carsfrokids dot Org. That's Cars with the ca Still the guy me here on Dodgers on deck. Before first pitch, we'll preview this pitching matchup David Vast. We'll check in with us DV. Of course we'll go to one on one with Eric Lauer, Dodger left hander. But I'm next. We'll get you the latest injury report and we'll get the pregame thoughts of Dodger manager Dave Roberts as he speaks with the media Dodgers and Rays on this Wednesday. First pitch at twelve ten. I'm Tim Kas's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deech on your home for the blue all season low.
Speaker 3: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Wednesday. Thanks for being with us as we lead you out to first pitch. Dodgers and the Tampa Bay Race, final game of this three game series. Dodgers going for the sweep. Marongo Casino Resort and Spa a grand slam for a good times show. Hey Otanio on the mound, first pitch coming up at twelve ten.
Speaker 1: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 3: Presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Will Smith on the IL with the neck inflammation. It doesn't sound like he is close to returning, and he's scheduled to come off the I e. L. So that's a bit of a setback. To Oscar Hernandez is feeling better with the left hamstring strain. He could be going out on a minor league rehab assignment here shortly more on that, hopefully with the manager Dave Roberts. Tyler glassnow not progressing with his lower back spasms. Blake Snell and Edwin Diaz are both throwing, So that is good. I don't know how far and how much, but they are doing baseball activities and begun a throwing program. So they are trending in the right direction. As his Brock Steward's on the I l with left bone spur in his foot, he is trending as a minor league rehab assignment continues for the Dodger reliever. All right, let's head back out to Uniclow Field, the Dodgers stadium and check in with the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 12: Anything the questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 2: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts Dave, obviously at the times you know what's coming off the left, she asked.
Speaker 9: Other things that you're looking for, I mean, talking about any decision kind of playing.
Speaker 1: Is there anything that you will be able to read reaction to day?
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I think for me, it's just kind of watching his mannerism's demeanor, the throw, you know, you know, how it's coming out, command all that stuff. I'll be you know, very in tune with But you know, as we sit here right now, he's ready to go. Feels good. So yeah, but we'll keep it, you know, keen eye on them.
Speaker 5: How much does that and that change.
Speaker 4: I don't think he's anything versatility, but even the.
Speaker 13: Top of the door, if you like today, it just you know, I'm excited. We're excited to have Tommy back. Certainly, you know, he's very good versus left handed pitching. H gives me the ability to keep guys in their rightful spots for now, and then just to plug him in and feel really good about him taking on a left hander. And then also the versatility, so you know, just knowing Tommy can can play anywhere essentially on the field, and just having him back is you know, we're all excited about that.
Speaker 1: I guess right he is. We're going to see him fitting into the lineup.
Speaker 10: He seem like kind of needing a second lead up there at.
Speaker 12: The bottom or d considered as a as.
Speaker 13: A two or or two and then the world now why yeah, no, I think for left handers, I see him more in the bottom just kind of taking it bats and being a second leadoff hitter in the eight or the nine. Obviously, you know, with a Freeland, you know, we'll see how it works out as far as matchups and things like that. But you know, as I said a couple of days ago, I think that I see Tommy playing, you know, three or four days a week right now, and we'll kind of see where we go from there.
Speaker 3: All Right, there's a manager, Dave Roberts, Tommy Edmond in the lineup, batting leadoff and playing third, Alex Freeland, who's he alluded to, batting ninth at second base. But again we'll see Tommy Edmond rotator around third base, second base, maybe a little bit of left field as well. But great to see number twenty five Tommy Tanks back with the Dodgers and healthy. We'll continue here. I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. When we come back, we'll check in with David Vastate live on the field that Unicle field, the Dodgers Stadium, So he leads up to first pitch Dodgers and the Rays. I'm tim kais is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Tampa Bay Rays. One final time Dodgers going for the three Games, Sweep Show, Hey Otani last night with the solo home run to win it for the Dodgers. Back at it today on the mound as the starting pitcher, first pitch coming up at twelve ten. Todgers Baseball is presented by L Poto, Born in La and made for your game to L Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, salces and hot sauces right to your plate every single time El Pato Gourmet in a camp.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Cates on Dodgers on Deck. I accept everybody for who they are. This is Dodger insider.
Speaker 3: David and dB now joins us live from the field. It's a twelve o'clock start out of Uniclo Field, the Dodgers status. The Dodgers go for the sweep and they've got the man who won it for him last night with the solo home run on the mound. Today in show Hey Otani, David.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and show he Otani was going to be watched very carefully today, Tim because of that left knee inflammation. As you heard Dave Roberts say earlier today, this is not behind him, but the Dodgers are going to have to manage it. And if you remember when the media spoke to Otani on the last road trip, he said this inflammation on his left knee came because he felt like his pitching mechanics caused it. So we'll see how that leftne reacts. It's a weight bearing knee because when he lands, all two hundred plus pounds of that is coming down on that left knee. So we'll see how long he lasts in this game. But certainly the Dodgers, the people I've spoken to and Dave Roberts have sounded very confident that he is ready to go and should not have any limitations with that left knee.
Speaker 3: David is brought to you by Ford Here for those who build America, especially those who believe that given everything today, we'll pay off tomorrow, those who will drive America forward for two hundred and fifty years to come. Right now, Ford is offering employee pricing to everybody American value. For American values, go to your Southern California Ford Dealer or visit by Ford now dot com for more information. You talked to Tommy Edmond last night on the pregame show, David. He's in the lineup today batting lead off and playing third base. How excited is he to just beat back out there playing finally.
Speaker 8: Yeah, very excited. And the biggest challenge, he told us yesterday, Tim was patience because it was a long road back for him having the surgery in December. I'm not having any setbacks, but the right ankle not really respond And he said the biggest mental hurdle for him to come back and know that he's ready to go today is running the bases, because if you remember last year, that's when he reaggravated that right ankle running the bases, and that's when that ankle was really hard to manage all year long. And if you remember, in Game seven of the World Series, Dave Roberts, because of the limitations of that right ankle, took Tommy Yedman out, put Andy pot Has in, and when Ernie Clement hit that ball to left field, it was Andy poe Has who ran over t k Hernandez and made that memorable catch. But it's great to have Tomy Edmond back for the Dodgers because of the positional versatility and also the lineup versatility. A guy that could lead off today as a right handed switch hitter against Shane McClanahan and also be a guy when right handers are in there to hit from the left side and hit towards the bottom of the orders. So when you say Tommy Edmund's versatile more ways than one, no.
Speaker 3: Doubt about it. Dalton Rushing David has taken over the catching duties with the injury to Will Smith, who's on the injured list right now, and it feels like he's just getting into a good routine behind the plate.
Speaker 8: Well, if you remember, Taeoscar Hernandez told us on Monday, part of the reason why Andy Potts has had the success that he's had this year is because he understands how to navigate a major league season much better than he did a year ago. And he has shown a lot of maturity and that's what's helped him have sustained success. And I'm sure that's helping Dalton Rushing during this time, especially that Will Smith is out, but even since being the backup catcher and getting a lot of reps that he is learning how to navigate a major league season. And we're starting to see the maturity growth over the course of this season, and it's only going to trend in the same direction. As we move through the summer and into October.
Speaker 3: Well, Dalton Russion behind the plate batting eighth today, David great stuff. We'll check you out on sports and at LA. David Vasse will also go one on one later on with Eric Lauer, who's been a pleasant surprise for this Dodgers rotation. As we leads up to first pitch on this Way Day afternoon, it's the Dodgers and the Tampa Bay Rays. Show Hey Otani on the mount first pitch at twelve ten. I'm Tim Kayson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Rays on this Wednesday show, Hey Otani on the mound for the blue. First pitch coming up at twelve ten.
Speaker 14: I had all without a hot dog?
Speaker 2: Who wants a hot It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment Ditch Magical presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 3: Well, the Dodgers finish up the series with the Tampa Bay Rays. We go back to the bubble in twenty twenty in Arleington, the Dodgers and Rays squared off in the World Series a Game six, Dodgers a three to two series lead, one went away from winning a World championship.
Speaker 14: No balls, who strikes two out Urius to a Domis.
Speaker 15: Call strike three, The Dodgers win.
Speaker 14: Finally, the weight is over. The Dodgers are the champions of twenty twenty in a year like no other, where joy has been so hard to come by. Tonight, tears of joy, let them flow.
Speaker 12: Tonight.
Speaker 14: There is joy in Muddville.
Speaker 15: The curse of eighty eight is eighty eight and out the gate and the Dodgers are celebrating out of the middle of the field, between home plate and the pitchers bound.
Speaker 14: The Dodgers, for the first time since nineteen eighty eight thirty two seasons, are the champions of baseball eighty eight and.
Speaker 3: Out the gate. Indeed, the Dodgers with a World Series championship win in twenty twenty. That is your Hoffey magical moment, brought to you by Hofy ho Dogs Offee, so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Hoffey Hot Dogs, local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Day, we all check you in with Rick Monday as we continue to lead you up to first pitch show. Hey Otani on the moud Dodgers and Raise. I'm Tim Katz is the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deach on your Home for the Blue all season long long.
Speaker 3: Lead you up to Dodgers and Raise on this Wednesday show. Hey O, Tommy, Shaye McClanahan. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at twelve ten. We'll dive deeper into the numbers coming up in just a little bit from Eric Lower, Dodger left hander coming up in about ten minutes time. Now for the Verizon startup, as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of this game. Not Verizon. You can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your so Cal Verizon store today.
Speaker 2: And now joined by David Bassey, here's La Dodgers broadcastre and World Series Champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Rick Quick turnaround and welcome back Tommy Edmund. All you have to do is lead off and face Shane McClanahan.
Speaker 7: Yeah, isn't that nice though? And for Tommy Edmund I know you had him on the pregame show yesterday. I can't just the back end of it. He's gone through a lot in the ankle, and they timed it. He knew it was going to take some time to coming back from that ankle injury, so it kind of pays off. And I think he touched upon something because part of your conversation with Tommy yesterday was the fact they can give you the green light and say you're okay and you're not going to do any more damage to what we just surgically repaired, but until you believe it yourselves, you're still kind of walking on the edge. Well, he believes it down. It's nice to see him.
Speaker 4: Back, Yeah, And he said the turning point on that was running the bases and cutting the bas is hard because that's where he reaggravated the ankle last year.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And in his rehab we kept hearing about was that after he was running, in particular running the bases, that there was some swelling afterwards that that seems to have dissipated.
Speaker 1: The doctors can really use.
Speaker 7: Him because you know, if we look at Dave Roberts, he said, look, we're going to play him probably in three different positions, second third, and in left field if needed. He could also go into other positions in the outfield or maybe even the infield too. So it adds a whole lot to this ball club that has been basically surviving a man short until Edmund was healthy enough to come back.
Speaker 4: Rick, obviously you had a great career, but part of the reason why you have the respect of your peers is because you left body parts out on the field. So how do you, as a player get over the fact to trust whatever was injured?
Speaker 7: You know, it's scary quite frankly, because you don't know what is there. Again, they can tell you and the doctors has some of the best positions and trainers that are around. And if doctor Dilatrage is telling you, hey, look we can fix this, you're going to be fine. You put a lot of faith in that, and that's the case it comes back, But there's always that doubt what happens if you go through that surgery. It's going to be a long and sometimes uncomfortable process in coming back, but there has to be a commitment on the other side. There's a great commitment with the medical staff. Then it falls upon the shoulder of you as an individual to take responsibility. And I remember something that the great doctor Elatro said to Charlie Steiner and I a number of years ago. We were downstairs just outside the Dougout Club and we were talking about a player that he had operated on not too long ago at the time, this is about five years ago, and the doctor said, you know, when we're talking about injuries after the postop, there are no shortcuts to the rehabilitation of that player. And sometimes that's agonizing because there are no shortcuts, and if you try and make the shortcuts, you basically have a big, big risk in prolonging the period of.
Speaker 12: Time is going to take you to get healthy.
Speaker 4: Rick Monday, you know a lot about pitching as well. You've seen a lot of really good pitchers. Last night, it's less than twenty four hours ago. We saw an old school nineteen eighties, nineteen seventies hour fifty two pitchers duel list.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that fun?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 7: And if we look at Ribleski, one of the things that he has done, we commented yesterday, when he's taken the mound since put into the starting rotation, he has given his ball club a chance to win a ballgame, and last night was a wonderfully pitched game on both sides of the spectrum. And if we look I think the last eight games the Dodgers have played, we've seen some really terrific baseball.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And the way the Dodgers have one with pitching and defense goes kind of unnoticed with the way they slug.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And you know what their motivation is, David, because they see you for the second day in a row in a coat and tie, because you're double dipping radio and television again today you look marvelous. How's the tie looking, Rick, Well, it's better you're doing a better job with the with that full windsor yeah, you're having trouble if you do it half windsor but the full windsor you got a down pat all.
Speaker 4: Right, I'll try to open my eyes next time.
Speaker 8: Thanks.
Speaker 5: Rick.
Speaker 4: We'll check back in with you and Tim Nevert a little bit later. Good morning, La. We'll send it back to you Tim.
Speaker 3: All right, Thanks a lot of DV. Dodgers Baseball is presented by Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium. Visit Uniclo dot com, slash us still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll get you a preview this pitching matchup. Tim and Rick will be back with those keys to the game. But I'm next to go high and tie with Dodger left hander Eric Lower's been really good since the Dodgers acquired him from the Toronto Blue Jays, a big part of this Dodger rotation with the injuries to Tyler Glass. Now when Blake Snell, we'll hear from him next Dodgers and Rays first pitch of twelve ten. I'm Tim Kates at the back to back World Series champion Dodgers aud You'll know what.
Speaker 2: As we were saying, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers on tack on, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodger than just taking all the Tampa Bay Rays on this Wednesday, final game of this three game series. Day off tomorrow before the Baltimore Orioles come to town, a stretch of twelve straight games against the American League for the Dodgers. First pitch coming up at twelve ten. Todgers Baseball brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day and Shaky's dot com.
Speaker 2: And now what will likely be vassy fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 4: This is high and tugged all right, join right now by Dodger left hander Eric Louer navigating lineups, navigating LA traffic for a day game in the middle of the week.
Speaker 3: Eric, thanks a lot for the time appreciated.
Speaker 12: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 4: Have you been getting used to what it's like to navigate the streets of LA a little bit?
Speaker 16: It's still the traffic still kind of sneaks up on me sometimes, but I'm getting better at it.
Speaker 4: Hey, justin Robleski helped you out last night hour and fifty two minute game. What have you seen from rope blo Esky that impresses you the most?
Speaker 16: I think his ability to throw strikes. I mean, he fills the zone up a lot. He's not afraid to go after guys, and you know, I think that that plays into his hand of you know, I have a lot of good stuff. I'm gonna come at you with everything I got, and you know, he throws hard, has good offsby stuff, and you know, slows him down with that curveball. Now, and I think he just keeps him off balanced well, but he stays in the zones and he gets guys out in the zone, which.
Speaker 12: Is hard to do.
Speaker 4: Dave Roberts always talks about how the starter sets the tone for the game, and I feel like the starter not only set the tone for the game the first night against the Race, but also for the series.
Speaker 5: And that's you.
Speaker 4: You could have allowed that game to get out of hand after the first couple of innings. How did you maintain composure and be able to navigate, you know, four or five more innings to go six.
Speaker 16: I think that's That's something that I've kind of been dealing with a little bit more than I would like to have this year.
Speaker 12: So I'm kind of getting used to having.
Speaker 16: The first inning and second inning kind of be a little more of a scuffle for me, which you know, I'm moving forward.
Speaker 12: I plan on that not being the case anymore.
Speaker 16: That's a great plan, I mean, I think that's the plan I should go with. But I think when you get in that situation, you know, you know you're still keeping the team in the game, and the goal at that point becomes, all right, how long can I go in this game?
Speaker 12: To you know, keep us in it. And you know, luckily enough, I was able to go the.
Speaker 16: Six innings that I needed to get to and you know, keep just the big the biggest part is just keeping the team in the game. And I know that that big three run homer, you know, put us right back within striking distance.
Speaker 12: So at that point, it was just a matter of you know, making sure that I was going out.
Speaker 16: There and executing pitches and making sure that I was staying on top of guys and that I wasn't letting my pitch count.
Speaker 12: Run up too high.
Speaker 16: But you know, it's it's a matter of you know, just really focusing and making sure that you're taking care of what you can take care of and you know, executing pitches the best you can.
Speaker 4: How much does the defense behind you playing to the trust of your stuff and attacking the strike zone because you guys get so much attention for the slug the offense, but the defense is the best in baseball.
Speaker 16: Oh yeah, And that's why I think for me, it's important to keep the ball in the yard. You know, I've been struggling with that a little bit, so I think, like I'm more than comfortable letting them hit it. It's just I need to make them hit my pitch, and I need to, you know, make sure that I'm executing pitches to the best of my ability, because I know that I can be in zone. I know that I can you know, attack hitters, especially aggressive hitters who are gonna go after pitches in zone and you know, let them put the ball in play because nine times out of ten we're gonna make the play and I won't have anything to worry about.
Speaker 4: So Khrushaw always talked about he could live with solo home runs. It's the two three run home runs that really hurt. Is that kind of the mentality for you as well?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I mean that's a general overview. That's a very good, you know, way of thinking about it. Is like, solo homers generally won't hurt you unless there's multiple of them. But it's the two three run homers that you want to stay away from, and obviously that that makes it more important to stay away from, you know, giving up free bases, giving up walks, and hit by pitches like those are things that you definitely want to stay away from because that means that you don't you didn't execute enough pitches. In that at bat to have a chance to get the guy out. But I think just in general, the comfortability of you know, letting not letting guys put the ball in play, but attacking the zone to where you know, if a guy's aggressive that they probably will get a hit or they will put the ball in play, and you know.
Speaker 12: Just relying on your defense.
Speaker 16: You got, yeah, seven guys behind you, because there's one in front of you technically, so you got seven guys behind you who are elite at what they do.
Speaker 12: So you know, like, let them have fun, let them play a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 4: Eric Lauer is our guest. Before I let you go, here's the million dollar question. Guys that come from different organizations and find success with the Dodgers. You've had success, but you're rediscovering success and again this year, everybody wants to know what is.
Speaker 12: It about the Dodgers?
Speaker 3: How do they do it?
Speaker 4: Have you found out what makes guys successful here?
Speaker 12: That's a really tough question. I think that that's the million dollar question for.
Speaker 16: A reason because it's not it's not one thing that you can particularly point to and say, like, this is what the Dodgers do that make them better? Or help guys, you know, get better. I think it's it's a it's a mixture between you know, constantly being around elite players and elite guys, elite mindsets, the communication, just the way that you know the team, the coaching staff, the support staff, how the way everybody interacts is extremely seamless. And you know, that's That's one of the things that's I think a little bit harder about the game that people don't see often is you know, there's so many moving parts from the weight room to the training room, to the bullpen, to the manager's office to the food room, like there's so many different moving parts and moving you know pieces that sometimes communication can get really hard. And I think what the Dodgers do really well is they stay on top of that communication and they make sure that everything is as seamless as it possibly can be, so that everybody is as comfortable and can trust each other the most that they possibly can.
Speaker 12: So, I mean, among many many other things, I think I think.
Speaker 16: That to me has stood out the most is just the the planning and the execution of that plan and the communication of that plan is is far beyond a lot of other other places that I've been.
Speaker 12: It's it's it's a it's elite here, and it's.
Speaker 16: It's everything that goes on in the clubhouse and around this team, and everything is handled at an elite level.
Speaker 12: And I think that just makes everyone better.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: And when you got a guy like Eric Lower that can express himself, the communication is a lot easier. Thanks a lot for the time. In the short time we've you've been on the Dodgers, It's been great to get to know you. And Rich I'll better watch out. You might be becoming my new favorite crafty lefty.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, all right, I'll tell.
Speaker 4: You Eric Lower has been our guest cole Brewing all ready to go listen it.
Speaker 3: Back to you, all right, Thanks a lot of DV Yeah, he deserves that, cole brew here on this Wednesday as the Dodgers look to get amped up as they take on the Tampa Bay Rays and the series finale. When we continue here on Moroco, because you know, Dodgers on deck, we'll dive deeper to this pitching match up with guess who on the mound show. Hey o Tani, we'll get into the numbers next as we lead you out to first pitch from Uniclo Field to Die Stadium. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Huntings on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Tampa Bay Rays on this Wednesday, first pitch from Unico Field the Dodger Stadium was coming up at twelve ten.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 3: Matchup rod to you Bayer and Toyota Dealers. We make it easy. Shane McClanahan on the mound for the Ray's twenty nine year old left hander six and four three twenty three er ra and his sixth season now in the big leagues. He has been hurt the last two years twenty twenty four Tommy John surgery, then last year during spring training missed, then the rest of the year after nerve damage in his elbow, had to have surgery and did not pitch all of last year. Now making his fourteen start here in twenty twenty six, he is good to go and he's been good in May six starts four to oh the one to forty one era in twenty eight strikeouts. How However, when the calendar flipped to June. It's been rough the last time out four innings, four runs, eight hits on a loss to the Angels. Before that, five innings, four runs, eight hits and a loss to the Marlins, so he's zero to two with an ERA of eight. Here in June, it's his first career start against the Dodgers. He is two and oh with a sub one ERA, though, and two career starts against the NL West opponents. He is going up against sho hey Otani, who is six and two one oh six ERA thirty one year old right hander making his twelve start this year. His one o six ERARA leads the Major leagues amongst pitchers who have at least fifty innings pitched, and his zero point eight to four whip is tied with yoshinob Yamamoto for second only behind Jacob Mizarski of the Brewers. Otani has given up one or zero in run and eight of his eleven starts, while allowing two or more runs just once. Last time out was not one of those starts, six and two third innings, four runs, six hits, six strikeouts in a no decision against the Pirates. Before that, though, six shutout innings, two hit six strikeouts in a win over the Diamondbacks, and three starts against the Rais in his career one and oh with one forty five ERA in twenty one strikeouts. He lost face and though way back in May of twenty twenty two with the Angels. It's show Hey Otani Shae McClanahan, the pitching matchup Dodgers and Rays. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game. Our next I have Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Nowork.
Speaker 2: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech on your home for the Blue All Season.
Speaker 3: Law leading up to Dodgers and Rays getting closer. The first pitch Show, Hey Otani Shay McClanahan will go at it Dodgers looking for the series sweep. So we get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporos Start Great Moments. Start with Sapporo Beer, whatever your taste preference. Sapporo has you cover with the variety crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beer. Sapporo good with sushi, great with baseball. Before first pitch back out to the booth one final time. Tim Neverrick Monday, Guys, tam thanks.
Speaker 5: Again, beautiful afternoon for a ball game. A business person's special Midweek Mattinee. As the Dodgers wrap up this series with the Tampa Bay Rays, show hey Otani on the hill. He will not hit today, He'll only pitch, so he is treated just like any other pitcher. He's not going to be able to come off the bench and pinch hit, but pitching is just fine for Sho Hayo Tani six and two in a major league best one to six earned run average. He's got the best ERA in the major leagues. He has the second best batting average against one fifty four, and he has been just absolutely terrific.
Speaker 7: The numbers are just in Cloud nine offensively and defensively. How about the fact batting average against in the fastball this year one seventy five. What about the batting average again the last two years combined with the curveball in the slider one thirty eight batting average against. And speaking of pitches being thrown, Shane McClanahan, one of the things that he does non fastball so off speed pitches below a one hundred average. The Dodgers have to get ready not only for the fastball upstairs and inside, but mc hand a lot of our speed and very effective with it.
Speaker 5: Klena Hannah's lost back to back starts with four runs allowed, so he's trying to get back in the win column. But show Hey Otani looking to prevent that today for the Rays and give the Dodgers their forty eighth win of the season. Dodgers and Rays, Otani and McClanahan coming up till all right, thank.
Speaker 3: You guys, first pitch right around the corner. Don't forget. I'll be back after the game with all the postgame festivities, wrap up, highlights, reaction, and of course Dodger talk as well. Buckle up, here we go. Number seventeen takes a mound. When we come back, show Hey Otani and the Dodgers taking on the Tampa Bay Rays. They go for the sweep when we return. This has been Morocco Casino Dodgers on deck right here on your back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network