Speaker 1: It's Mojo in the Morning Show, Home of the War of the Roses, The Second Date Update, The Dirty on the thirty. Good to have you guys here with us today. Anna says that it's the most ridiculous reason to go ask for your money back, and it was her grandfather, Pops that did it. Can we get Pops on the phone, please, Lydia.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he'd be happy to call in what happened? All right? So this is not a new thing.
Speaker 3: Pops has told me a couple times that he and my grandma go to the movies. They watched the movie for fifteen twenty, sometimes even thirty minutes, and if they don't like it, they leave the movie and go get a refund. And I'm like, why are we not watching the trailers ahead of time? His argument is that he doesn't want to go on the computer to watch the trailer. His phone doesn't have the ability to do it. Yeah, but I'm like, you have to do some research because I don't think that's fair to the movie theater. I follow the rules, you bought the ticket, you sat in there for thirty minutes, and now you're heading out and getting a reford.
Speaker 4: To be fair, even the trailer.
Speaker 5: Sometimes for movies, the trailers are great and you go to see the movie and the movie sucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: And also, why are you picking these crazy movies? There's a million movies. You don't need to pick the one with aliens or this or that.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Do they give them them money back or do they.
Speaker 2: They give him the money back every time?
Speaker 1: Have they gotten to Have they gotten to a point though where they know his game and they say, you know, you and Grandma need to like you know?
Speaker 2: So they just moved here from Florida.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure if they've caught on at this theater, but I do think he needs to be careful.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, hold on, Pops is on the phone with us.
Speaker 7: Hi, Pops, good morning, Hey, good morning to you.
Speaker 1: Pops. What theater are we going to? We go into the MJR. And Waterford there Mjr. And listen, my wife and I go every Tuesday. It's popcorn Tuesday. You get free popcorn and so on. She looks up the.
Speaker 8: Movies and a week ago Tuesday, the one she took me to was in the top three of the worst movies I ever saw.
Speaker 1: Do you remember what movie.
Speaker 8: It was, but this Tuesday, right Alien Prenator's Badlands was the worst movie I've ever been too.
Speaker 3: So you've got refunded twice in the past two weeks.
Speaker 8: There was no human beings, it was all subtitles. It was the very worst movie ever. I said to Marry ten twelve minutes into it, I'm leaving.
Speaker 7: Let's go.
Speaker 8: And I went right to the ticket counter and I said, we had no idea about this. And then I find out it's a series. It's a second or third one. Yeah, and I said, unbelievable. But there was absolutely no problem in getting refunded.
Speaker 1: You know, It's funny. I've only walked out of one movie and I don't even remember what movie it was, but it was so long ago, and I remember Chelsea looking at me, like, what are you doing? I go, Chelsea, we are way steen our time, Like if my life ends tomorrow, I just wasted two and a half hours at the worst movie ever. We're getting out of here.
Speaker 7: So I underd it plus plus all subtitles.
Speaker 1: Subtitles. But that's the thing, though, I just want you to know this, Pops. That's the thing with uh with these kids these days, all the kids want to watch everything with subtitles.
Speaker 7: Pops, unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you got your money back.
Speaker 7: Hey, we got our money back.
Speaker 8: And can I just say something, Yes, I've been thinking about this and Anna tells me don't call out too often, this and that. But no, you know you're not only an entertainer and you have an entertaining program, but your team, and I'm including Lydia and Bianca in that, you're a beacon.
Speaker 7: You're a beacon to all your listeners.
Speaker 1: I love this guy.
Speaker 7: Just keep the light shining.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I appreciate the light shining.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 8: Pop.
Speaker 1: Pops. You got the invite right to Thanksgiving. You're gonna be coming with us for Thanksgiving here.
Speaker 7: I certainly want to. I haven't heard from Lydia. You have to. I'm counting on it.
Speaker 1: Lydia. He just called us a beacon. We got to invite the guys on the list Wait, wait, hold on, hold on a second, Pops, the manager of the mj R. Is on the phone with us right now. Jenna, what's happened in Jenna?
Speaker 6: Good morning, guys.
Speaker 9: How are y'all doing?
Speaker 1: Morning, Jenna, Pops has a bone to pick with you. Guys, I heard.
Speaker 2: Is this common, Jenna, does this happen?
Speaker 9: This happens on a weekly basis. I'm a box office manager for MJR Theaters, and this is a normal thing we get used to. People, especially the older generation, are not very computer savvy, so like you said, they don't want to go on the computer and watch the trailers. So it's very common that they'll come in, like a half an hour into the movie and just be like, this is ridiculous, I want my money back.
Speaker 3: Is there an amount of time if they have been in there for that long that you say no more refunds.
Speaker 9: Usually for me, I'm pretty forgiving because I understand, like sometimes it takes some time for the movie to develop, but like if it's an hour in, I'm just gonna be like, no, I'm sorry, it's you watched half the movie, Like there's not gonna be a refund for that. But more times than not, I'm really forgiving about it at my theater at least, I can't speak for everybody, but I mean I understand the older generation. I mean, my grandma's ninety four or so. I get it she doesn't watch movie trailers. I know a lot of these people don't, so I try to be as forgiving as possible, but we definitely start to recognize the faces of who's doing it, and when we see them come in, we just kind of expect it.
Speaker 1: Escort them to like another theater or something like say say to him, say, hey, go to theater two or something like that. Maybe there's a better movie or something about the start.
Speaker 9: What's better for you?
Speaker 1: Can you dispell a rumor? I need gonna dispell an the refund rumor.
Speaker 10: My theater teacher back in high school said that if a movie theater doesn't show a film all the way through the end credits, like if for some reason they cut it off before it ends, that you are able to get a refund.
Speaker 1: Is that true?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, I mean if we have technical issues, we try to reboot as much as we can, but sometimes those production systems they're just not possible for us. So technically effects within a short period of time. So I mean, yeah, if there's a technical problem, we're going to give you a refund. If the movie doesn't complete or there's some issues or anything.
Speaker 1: Like that, Hey, Pops, ask for Jenna when you get into the theater next time. Shall help you out.
Speaker 9: There give me any times.
Speaker 1: You know what the problem is the planet?
Speaker 7: Can I say something, Jenna?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, we love your theater. We go every Tuesday. But guess what, I didn't give the popcorn back.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny is that Pops doesn't have the what you know, his generation, even my generation had. We don't have like the reviewers anymore. It used to be you would go off of like watching the reviewers.
Speaker 5: There's there's a news station here that does movie reviews.
Speaker 4: He reviews Lee Thomas. Lee Thomas does it for Fox two.
Speaker 5: And then there's a woman who does it for w w J. Because I'm ninety and sometimes I listen to, you know, news talk and sees a great reviewer.
Speaker 1: But yeah, here's the deal though, you don't have was it Cisco and Ebert or whatever? And Roper Yeah yeah, yeah, hold on and saying hold on, what's going on? Fran? You're there friend? Yeah, hello, Fran, this is a grandparent thing.
Speaker 7: Huh yeah.
Speaker 11: My grandpa called me off after the movie and he's like, I asked this kid, he was about sixteen.
Speaker 2: What movie you should see?
Speaker 12: He recommended Deadpool and I walked out of the fast minute.
Speaker 9: Yeah that was.
Speaker 1: A good one.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine your grandparents going to see Deadpool?
Speaker 7: Actually?
Speaker 1: I think that probably Pops would love Deadpool, wouldn't he? He would think it'd be fun.
Speaker 8: Yeah, listen, and we're moviegoers. I've been going for thirty years, once a week, and these last two unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Hey, we love you, Pops. We'll see you soon.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, and listen you better, Oh Anna, what Beacon means?
Speaker 7: Anna might not understand.
Speaker 1: That word Lydia had talked to Pops and give him his invite. Hold on, we're talking about grandparents returning. Thanks Christina. You had a customer that returned something kind of crazy, is that right?
Speaker 11: So?
Speaker 12: I used to wait on tables a long time ago, and a lady Ada had a freak salad and she couldn't finish it all. So he gave her a box and she ended up leaving and she forgot it on the table. So we kind of waited, you know, like ten minutes in case she came back, but we threw it out. She came back the next day demanding a refund and was mad that we threw away her salad.
Speaker 4: I always forget my stuff.
Speaker 12: Me too, I mean she demanded a refund.
Speaker 4: Did you get it to her?
Speaker 6: Did we didn't get it to her?
Speaker 4: Nope?
Speaker 12: Absolutely not begin to how cold She tried the department room you know too, you din get six.
Speaker 1: So she was going crazy, what's up, Aaron High, what's going on?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 6: I was just telling the operator, I just the end of your segment. But I tested. My grandma bought an area rug from j. C. Punney like fifteen years ago, and then about five years ago, so she had it for ten years. She decided she didn't like it anymore, so she brought it back to the store and they gave her a full reboun.
Speaker 5: You know, there are a few department stores that do that, in Nord's and Jacy Penny or two of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yesterday I was at the Costco and I was getting a bunch of you know, water and stuff, and I saw a guy walk right up to the counter with a bag, dumped the bag on the service desk and it was all a bunch of candy, and he was like, I want to return the Halloween candy. It wasn't good. It felt it felt like it was stale. And the woman goes, it's not in the bag anymore. And he goes, I know, we took it out of the bag and put it in our big Halloween bowl to give the kids. But they didn't like the candy. They said that the candy was bad. He was trying to return it, and I think they were arguing back and forth, and I'm thinking to myself, this guy is a scammer.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, kids don't open the candy as soon as they get in start.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they bring it all right. I'm like, the guy might as well have brought it in a pillowcase.
Speaker 5: I returned my unius Halloween candy to Costco because I bought like some of the boxes and the bags and we didn't open a few of them, and they're kind of expensive, you know, so you want your money back. But it was funny because I brought one of the bags and the ladies like, as long as it's unopened, you know, we can return it. And I'm like, yep, all these are unopen for smith. I think it was stuck as hole through one of the bags. So now I'm stuck with this humongous bag of candy.
Speaker 1: Here's the crazy craziest thing. This is according to workinmoney dot com, the craziest things people have tried to return half eaten sandwiches, used toilet trees, a dead Christmas tree, a burnt nightgown with cut marks in it, mismatched shoes, an empty wine bottle that sounds like Shannon, A vacuum with a bag full of crap in it so they obviously used it, a cooked roast beef, a used pregnancy test, a hold not saying here. A comforter with bloodstains on it. Lord Jesus, what's going on? Dead plant in a bag, used litter box in a melted ice cream tub. Could you imagine if you go to the store and you got your melted ice.
Speaker 3: I wonder if they got the got the refund though Pops would have He would have Pops would have handled it.
Speaker 1: I love, by the way, My favorite is when he comes on the phone. He sounds like a Pops answer question. I keep thinking that there's really no Pops, that it's Eric just doing a voice impersonation of his grandpa.
Speaker 7: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's my one Ariel. What's up?
Speaker 7: Burial?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 11: Hey, I work at Sam's Club and one of the best things we get to return are full sheet birthday cakes with only four or five slices taken out.
Speaker 2: Stop it.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Did they give you a real.
Speaker 11: Take anything back for any reason?
Speaker 1: That is unreal? And you guys will take that back. That's unreal. Why do you have to take it back? Why is that acceptable? I choose you how much money they make.
Speaker 11: Because we always say the member comes first, So yeah, reason you get those perks?
Speaker 4: Why are they Why do they say they're bringing it back?
Speaker 11: They can say for whatever reason. My favorite one is that it
Speaker 10: Was too dry, except for those last pieces.