Speaker 1: Jason, how are you good? Rocket? You son good?
Speaker 2: So I am fond of saying Jason that there's really only two storylines in college football. One is who's gonna make the college football playoff? And number two is which coaches are getting fired, who's getting hired, where are they going?
Speaker 1: Who's getting hired? And two of you who's getting fired? H yeah, yeah, I combined that into one.
Speaker 2: But that that has dominated the news cycle certainly this weekend with you know, Lane Kiffin, is he gonna go?
Speaker 1: Is he gonna stay?
Speaker 2: He eventually goes in a very very messy way here locally, Mark Stoops was just fired the head coach of Kentucky for the last thirteen years. That guy's a good coach man, very good coach. Penn State's still looking for a coach. They're the first ones to fire their coach and they still don't have one, which is interesting. But to discuss all this, I want to bring on someone who I think does a great job following all this stuff, and I know has an opinion on the one, the only Richard Skinner from Local twelve, Skinny, how are you good?
Speaker 3: Guys? How are you?
Speaker 1: Thanks?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 2: First, let's get your thoughts on Kiffin. Yeah, there's two ways of looking at it. Number one is it's the system, right, and the system is what makes allows a coach to be able to switch schools before the season is over. And if he wants to get the job, and you got to recruit the kids, he's got to give them the job.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: The other side is, God, you're already a team that is going to play for the College Football Playoff. What was your thoughts on the exit of Kiffin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, there somehow has to be a way to change the calendar for all this, to change the calendar of the portal, to change the calendar the coaching situations that like, you can't make a higher until change until until your team is eliminated, whatever, until a team you're looking for the coach is eliminated, and then the portal calendar doesn't start until after the college Football Playoff. I know you can argue you're trying to get some kids maybe in school for a second semester which starts in January, but really you're getting a kid for the next season, and the next season doesn't start until after that next semester. It doesn't start until the August semester. Again. I know they're early enrollies anymore. I mean, kids graduate high school, try to graduate high school early in December to be able to go and roll and get to a spring practice. Enough of that, just change. Changing the calendar can't be that hard. It just can't be.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: But the question is I always go back to, then, why hasn't changed you, I Jason, everybody says this system is broken, how come no one will fix it?
Speaker 3: That's a great question. It's the same thing with I mean, bowl games have been rendered so meaningless. I mean, listen as a as a Kentucky graduate, and I know we're gonna talk Mark stops in a dead and a Kentucky football fan. Them making a Bowl has always been a big deal to me, because that's about the best you're gonna do, right, I mean, you're not gonna compete for national so maybe you do one day. Indiana is certainly doing it now, but that was always a big deal. In the last couple of times they've done it, they started like a fifth string quarterback one year because the injuries and guys who opted out, And now you see that across the board, all these bowl games of guys opting out because they're entering the transfer portal. And I don't blame the kids. I don't want to this sound like that. This is not a blame on them. You're trying to get a head start to your next payday. I get all that, We're all we've all been there from a job standpoint on listen, I want my next best payday.
Speaker 5: We all do.
Speaker 3: But you can fix this by changing the calendar on this. I don't know why it's that hard, Like, let's wait until literally the day after the National Championship game, which is you know, middish January. Why is that so hard? And yes, I know, kids, then probably can enroll for the winner semester. Too bad, you can roll in for the next August or whatever and still can go through summer practice.
Speaker 1: No, I agree. And then you throw on top of the broken brokenness of all this, guys, is that just these crazy buyouts? I mean, Mark Stoop's a getting thirty seven thirty seven million dollars in a buyout hockey coach, Yep, yep. When you really dig down into that part of it, too, you're just like this is like some alt reality here, like you you're able to just whack a guy and you just write him a check. I mean for thirty seven million dollars would they pay James Franklin fire him in the middle of the season. What there was r Kelly was fifty Hell that's what I'm thinking of. And it's just like and they just do it. It's find the money. Yeah, it's hard to get your arms around about how just where to even start to fix all this?
Speaker 5: Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 3: The only difference for Brian or for James Franklin was there is offset language where he got hired at Virginia Tech. So whatever he makes in Virginia Tech does come off to buy out from Penn State Mark soops doesn't have that language. They literally and that's what was negotiated. I don't know the negotiation where it wound up, but he was literally due thirty seven million dollars in a lump sum sixty days after his termination. They discussed last night. I have not seen the details of this yet. I don't even know what's been reported. I'm guessing they've found a way to do that installments, which is an easier way to go to your boosters and go, yeah, I don't need thirty seven million.
Speaker 1: Now they did, I think it was reported. Do you agree to like take it in installments instead of yeah, yeah, could have taken on in the next thirty days or something.
Speaker 3: Correct, Yeah, no, city, Well he could have, but it was sixty days. Was the determination you had to pay him that amount. And that's support to me that I don't understand. You know, there's no coach valuable enough to where, man, we can't lose him, and we got to put this big But coach, I don't want to say their diamond does. And that's not fair, that's not right.
Speaker 4: It's not but coaching.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of competent coaches in this world who give him in the chance can do a really good job. Just because you have a guy that you believe in doesn't mean you go, well, gosh, if he leaves, we're done. No, you're probably not. I mean, this is not the days of Bear Bryant, where the old saying was he can take his in and beat urine, and he can take yurin and beat his And it's not that way. It's the Jimmy's and the Joe's. It's it's a I l anymore. I think Ryan Day is a great football coach. Anybody thinks other wies it's crazy. But Ryan Day has a roster that's been paid for. It's not a knock, it's the day.
Speaker 5: It's where we are.
Speaker 3: That's where the money should go. And listen, if a coach wants to leave because of that or you have to fire him, you shouldn't be beholding the pay these buyouts. You simply just say, here's your contract, man, and in the last year of your contract, before you are last year, if we want to renegotiate it, re up it, we'll do it. But the buyout is this and it's minimum. And if you don't like it, go walk. I mean, Kentucky was so scared about Mark Stoops going to Texas A and M they negotiated this ridiculous spot. You know what, Kentucky football is gonna win anywhere from five to nine games, and he won ten twice. And kudos to him because he's the only coach in school history ever win ten games twice in his career. And again he deserves all the credit in the world for that. Although he didn't catch the end, that's part of the sec and a downcycle live here there. He won ten games twice. He deserves all the credits for that. But you know what if he'd left for Texas A and m okay, go to the next guy, it's not that hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But again it makes you wonder why these ads and presidents are so scared and scare of the power of these agents, of the of the Jimmy sexons in the world that say, no, you're gonna you're gonna agree to this long term buyout clause or our guy isn't coming. It's gonna take some strong person, some strong ad, to say if that's the case, then then then go fly a kite.
Speaker 1: We'll hire the next guy.
Speaker 2: Something's got to be done to break that that that barrier down of the buyos, because that system is not sustainable.
Speaker 1: You can't be paying you.
Speaker 2: Know, ten twenty thirty forty million dollars every three or four years to buy out a coach's contract.
Speaker 1: You can't. You just can't do it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean look real quickly, I mean look at Lane Kiffin for example. And I think Lane's a good coach. I think anybody that's reasonable thinks Lane's a good coach. What's Lane won? I mean, he won a national championship? Did he win anything in the NFL, and I know he was saddled to Marcus Ross so on his fall. So you're taking a guy who's not a complete proving like big time winner and and winning with that. I like Brian Kelly, what is Brian Kelly? Wont he got to a national championship?
Speaker 5: Okay? Great?
Speaker 3: And what does he want? And yet LSU went out on a complete lim for him with a giant buyout and you I just your most I don't understand how anybody. I can't understand how bord of trustees sign off all means either like you're holding to this deal and oh well we're on the hook for it. Yeah we gotta pay this. No, you don't stop doing it.
Speaker 2: I think what it is skinny is as much as we like to say this system isn't sustainable, it is. And how colleges operate, they operate under a totally unrealistic set of parameters.
Speaker 1: Usually there's a bottom line.
Speaker 2: And here's your budget, here's how much money you have, and there's no like golden parachute out there. But these colleges that they know in the back of their.
Speaker 1: Mind, these board of trustees, these ads, they know, you know, what if it really came down to it. We can call Jason Williams and John Williams and Richard Skinner and say, look, man, we need five we need five million bucks, and they give it to them. And so they always know in the back.
Speaker 2: Of their head there's that bailout form. So that's why they of these things up front. And it's completely ruining the whole deal.
Speaker 4: It is totally.
Speaker 1: The other thing, too, is in on the on the flip side of this, you've got you've got U see and you look at a place like you see that is being patient with the guy. You know, you had Michigan State which pulled the pulled the plug out in their coach after two seasons.
Speaker 4: It says.
Speaker 1: The whole thing is really I don't envy in any athletic director or whatever school they're at in FBS football, because you know, you try to balance like, you know, the just how patient should you be versus you know, it's a whole it's a total judgment call. And then you throw in the money and I don't know, but then you got all this pressure of you know, the social media world that doesn't really maybe influence the money, but it's it's a it's a trendy thing right now to pull the plug on your coach really quickly and when you're not doing it, well, what's wrong with you? And I feel like that's probably what's going on at U see right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I mean if it used to be coaches, you know, would get the five year contract, right, you want to get a whole recruiting class through, including like they'd red shirt guys along the way. So and that was always pretty fair, right, You get yourself your first class and you get to see them through and if you don't get it done by then, well then you just didn't.
Speaker 6: Get it done.
Speaker 3: But now it's literally the chass point John Smith Michigan State, who took over for the disgrace Mel Tucker, who they got lucky to get out from under the guaranteed Remember they were guaranteeing him I think seventy five mil. And somehow they got out of it because they got a chance of fireing with for cause they were lucky in that regard. And then they get John Smith. He did really good things up up in Oregon State and didn't do quite enough fast enough at Michigan State. And how he goes it's the cycles crazy.
Speaker 1: It's crazy and I feel like every school, and I guess good for you.
Speaker 2: You always think that you can win it, but the reality is there's probably like one hundred and twenty eight schools that are never gonna win it. They're never gonna win it. All right, it's gonna come down to about ten.
Speaker 1: And I always wonder this too, guys, like, at what point does the school go, Okay, we got we got to pay a buy out to a coach, we got to pay the new coach, we got to raise twenty million dollars in and I'll pay a roster.
Speaker 2: At what point does even if you win a national title, at what point is it not worth it? What point does it cost you money and it's not actually worth it on a bottom line, on a on a spreadsheet to win a national title?
Speaker 1: Great, great question, that great question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it really is a great question. Hey, listen, I'll go back to the whole, this whole and I the whole Jimmy's and Joe things is a big deal. I think Signetty's great. He'll tell you he's great, right, Yeah, just go google me. I win. But Mark Cuban's got money in that program. Mark Cuban's got a lot of money. Right again, this is not a not I don't want this to sound like a knock. This is where we are today, Texas Tech. I think Jillian McGuire is a great coach, he's got great culture. They play the game the right way. I love watching them play. Actually, they do everything I really need afactor. Yeah correct, I mean that's just it. I mean you can look to it those and go, oh yeah, there's the money train right there. Okay, thanks, Yeah, we're good. I mean that's that's what it is. Go build your loster and I'll get Joe Schmow to go coach you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: There's so many issues with college football, and it's amazing how popular it is, and there's such drama, there's such interest in it. You wonder, at what point does do people say, come on, we got a coach. A coach on a playoff team is leaving his We always, we always did.
Speaker 1: Play the hypothetic.
Speaker 2: What happens if there's a player that decides to opt out of a out out of a playoff game because he wants to go to the NFL.
Speaker 1: Well, we haven't seen that yet, but we've seen a coach do it.
Speaker 2: It's wild but everybody that the problem is. I don't know if you agree, but you know, everybody has their own. There's like too many chiefs. There's not one singular chief and head of college football. If you're Greg Sanke and you're in charge of the SEC, you're the commissioner. You only care about the SEC. You don't care about the viability of the Big Ten. You don't care at all. But sometimes if you look back at the history of like the NFL AFL merger, it was the acquis it was the act weesk Eno of you know what, let's do what's best for your greater NFL instead of what you get and what you get. But until some of these powerful people are are able to be kind of put in their place and say, look, you might have to take a depth. It might not be exactly best for the SEC, but it's best for all of college football, and so you can somehow make that happen.
Speaker 1: I think we're going to be having these kinds of conversations.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll leave you with this. I mean back to your point about what where's the breaking point? I guess I'm not there either, Because boys, I got up early Saturday morning and it was cold outside, and my front yard is I got two oak trees. I got leaves all over the place. I spent three hours raking leaves so I could come in at noon to watch the Kentucky game and to watch the Ohio State game. And I laid on my couch watching football until almost midnight, breaking for a.
Speaker 1: Meal at one point to go to the bathroom too.
Speaker 3: I did, I did, I got it. I got up a couple of times.
Speaker 5: Do that maybe make a drink or two?
Speaker 3: But yes, I mean I just was like, okay, the news were over. Now the street thorties, oh cool, got down comes Alabama Auburn. It's just house football.
Speaker 1: The sickness, it is absolutely all three of us have its. Yeah, agreed, Well, Skinny, this has been great man. I really appreciate you. Well, I'm sure maybe we'll talk to you get on Friday. But the great stuff. And if folks want to find out, you know, any anything you have going on Local twelve, where can I tune in at?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just go to Local twelve dot com, slash sports, or you can hit me up on the expers at at Local twill skiing.
Speaker 1: You got your best, Skinny. Thanks, thanks Bob.
Speaker 3: Thanks yep.
Speaker 2: All right, So yeah, there you go, and we'll continue to talk about this throughout the show. But right now, let's go ahead and check some traffic and weather.
Speaker 7: How are we looking for from the UC Health Traffic Center, UC Hell's Weight Laws Center, off Re Surgic going back to goal Obesity Caaren expertise called five one three, nine three nine twenty two sixty three. Thanks three nine twenty two sixty three. We have a crash on seventy four westbound at Montana. It's on the left hand side. We've got to cruise there. A couple of is shoes first, with Alaska Avenue now being shut down between Forest Avenue and Forest Park because of a ghastly just appoint that area. And we have a broken water Maine of Montgomery Road to Kemper and that has got the water works department on the scene. Seventy five southbound Western Avenue to the Brent Spencer's bout a five minute delay, and seventy five southbound Ronaldrigg And Highway to Norwood lateral delays to Shepherd notes about an eight minute delay because of the road work. Mine Rick sch reproduce Radio seven hundred double do Well w.
Speaker 2: The forecast Tonight snow lay could be heavy at times. Overnight two to four inches of snow possible, a low of twenty eight, and then tomorrow a slight chance of early snow. Otherwise partly cloudy, high at thirty four. Right now it is thirty five News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: This report is sponsored by Continental Roof Company, Best Products, Best Price.
Speaker 1: The first time.
Speaker 9: Continental Roof Company understands the value of family and community. They specialize in expert roof repairs and installations for homes and businesses. Called in History nineteen thirteen.
Speaker 1: So what Willie was?
Speaker 2: It was just playing three? I think, yeah, four or four years old? Yeah, no, I was gonna say he was in his third or fourth year at at Deer Park High School.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's right. What year was a yeah? Squad title? Okay, yeah, what he was?
Speaker 4: He was this?
Speaker 1: I think he was a junior. Then there you go.
Speaker 2: But on this day, Henry Ford installs the first moving assembly line, one of the most revolutionary inventions in the history of the world. UH installs the assembly line for the mass production of an entire automobile. As innovation reduced the time it took listen to this to build a car for more than twelve hours. Used to take twelve hours in nineteen twelve to build a car now and then after the assembly line assembly line took one hour and thirty three minutes. That's it, It's made, the whole thing yep. Ford's Model T, which was introduced to nineteen oh eight, was a very simple, sturdy, relatively inexpense of a machine. But if you know, of course, you're trying to figure out ways to cut your costs. As someone who manufactures these things, uh Ford had been trying to increase his factors productivity for years.
Speaker 1: The workers who built his Model End.
Speaker 2: Cars, which was the predecessor of the Model T, they would arrange the parts in a row on the floor, put the under construction auto on skids, and would drag it around, you know, to the different parts like the you know, the engine parts are over here, and then the exhaust parts are over here, and the steering columns are in iers. Yeah, they tet on skid and just kind of wheel it around. And he thought, wait a minute, there's gotta be a better way of doing this. So later the streamlining process grew more sophisticated. Ford broke the Model T's assembly into eighty four discrete steps. Uh, and trained each of his workers to do just one. So you just specialized in, if you know, putting the doors on, that's all you did. So if you do that over over and over, you get pretty good. You get pretty fast, pretty efficient at it, Ford broke the mil Tees said okay, and each Chraine workers to do just one. He also hired motion study expert, a guy named Frederick Taylor, to make those jobs even more efficient. So this guy was study. Okay, well, how many terms of a screwdriver are you using to assemble the door? Well we can, we can cut that from twenty to ten. But I mean pretty again for his time time, very cutting edge exactly, very cutting edge stuff. Meanwhile, he built machines that could stamp out parts automatically and much more quickly than the fastest human ever could, inspired by the continuous flow production methods used by flour mills, breweries, canneries, industrial bakers, et cetera. So all these different industries started, you know, seeing way there's something to this. The meat, the meat industry, how of process the meat was one of them. In February nineteen fourteen, he added a mechanized bell that chugged along at a speed of six feet per minute as the pace accelerated for producing more and more cars, and on June fourth, nineteen twenty four, the ten millionth model t rolled off the high Park. Highland Park assembly line ushered in the new era for automobile and of course affected many many industries.
Speaker 1: I didn't rise. It was that long ago when all that I thought it would have been not that far back, even nineteen thirteen, nineteen fourteen, Yeah, yeah, yeah, nineteen thirteen the first assembly line gets scoring very good.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, another news where we're going to get tracks, going to join us at four o'clock talks and Bengals.
Speaker 1: But until then you have something, Oh to be rich, really rich, old and single rock.
Speaker 11: What would you do?
Speaker 1: What would you do?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: An elderly show. An elderly British baronet as he's called, which is a title just below baron Or Knight, offers sixty six thousand dollars a year for quote what he calls a good breeder to birth a male air sixty six grand a year. Yes, okay. He has a thirteen hundred acre estate and a nine month supply of frozen sperm. Now he just needs a what he calls a quote good breeder. Sir Benjamin Slade, seventy nine of Britain has made tender accounts, taken out newspaper ads, and starting a TV series, all in an effort to find a wife to produce his air for his multi million dollar fortune. This is good. He's the baronet. He revived his decades long search for a spouse just this week, listing a bizarre range of requirements for any future bride scorpios. People who read the Guardian newspaper and folks who are from countries beginning with the letter I or that have a green flag are not allowed to apply to be his wife or to his date. Ireland, Iran, Iraq. Right, yeah, all the above? Right? Who else has green in their flat?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: This is according to Sir Sir Benjamin.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: He Now on the requirement side, he was, he prefers someone who has a helicopter license and and legal expertise.
Speaker 2: My god, why would you just want like a woman with with good features you know what I mean, with good features, who's healthy and looks pretty good.
Speaker 1: Especially if you're that old. Uh you know, have a companion.
Speaker 2: So now does he want this person to actually like live with him and be his wife or is he just wanted to birth the kids. Wait, I dont even have to see kind of thing. I just need a male heir to the throne. Here he does, he gets better. He's searching for a woman. There's three to this is another requirement. A woman who is three to four decades younger than him is his main need according to what he is seventy nine Is that correct?
Speaker 1: Is that's what we said? Yep? Seventy nine. This would ensure that in his mind, this would ensure that his estate gets passed along to his spawn while marrying their mom. To fully secure the deal, he added that if his future wife has a daughter somewhere in between, that's okay with him. Okay, but you got to produce the air. I mean, this is going back to the medieval times. You want to know this is quote. You want a new car, you get a new car, not some old banger, he told. He told the UK's Independent newspaper is a He's the seventh Baronet of the man cell House, holding the lowest hereditary title in the British honor hierarchy, and has been searching for a wife for decades to bear his sons. That's what I'm wondering.
Speaker 2: Why at seventy nine, you think you would have figured this out by like forty nine, you know, or I assume he's been been trying.
Speaker 1: But I don't think hard enough. I mean with I mean, there's pictures the guy who's just I have a normal seventy nine year old looking guy, you know.
Speaker 2: I guess my question was he actively looking for an air all this whole time or was he just kind of aloof and running around then figure, oh my god, I'm gonna die here soon.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, here, here we go. The baronet was previously married to Pauline Meiberg, but divorced her in nineteen ninety one, claiming her seventeen cats were too much for him to managem that the couple did not have any children. So he's still looking for Yeah, but nineteen ninety one, it was a long time ago, you have, there was a lot of years where you can especially all that money. Yeah, pictures of his mansion here on on the on the website, is he uh has he ever heard of Instagram? There's a consent good looking girls on Instagram. I mean the new lady of love that would take that deal in a New York minute. I love this. The new lady of Sir Benjamin's house would receive an annual salary. Thought, You're not just gonna be his wife. You're gonna get paid a salary to be his wife of fifty thousand British pounds, which is the equivalent of sixty six thousand dollars a year in American money.
Speaker 5: With.
Speaker 1: With housing and meals included. Well, I mean, if you're married, I would hope that meals in housing would be included.
Speaker 2: You're married, you get all your family, all of your needs are once and needs are met.
Speaker 1: Plus you get fifty fifty grand on top of that. Oh that this is great. He's like, although, uh, Sir Benjamin is struggling with liquidity and would prefer h his wife also to have wealth of our own. There's the rub here, it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every risky guys trying to find a rich girl's great.
Speaker 1: God, that's funny.
Speaker 4: Ken.
Speaker 2: I just wonder, what if you've divorced one woman in ninety one, you is even you haven't been looking hard enough if you can't find anybody by now, you got the means, the technology.
Speaker 1: All that to to get this done, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: Uh well, we will continue this on the backside, but first let's check some trafficking weather.
Speaker 1: How are we looking?
Speaker 7: From the UC Health Traffic Center. U see Health Weight Laws Center offer a surgical and medical obesity care and expertise. Go five went three ninety three nine twenty two sixty three nine three nine twenty two sixty three. Crew is on the scene of an accident on seventy four westbound after Mine TENNA. It's off on the left hand side. The cleanup is underway. We do have Red Bank and Madison with a crash and Hamilton Middletown at Liberty fair Field Rod just getting a ports of an accident here. We've got police on the scene. Seventy five southbound Ronald Rigg And Highway to Norwood Lateral is about a seven minute delay from Shepherd because of the ongoing roadwork broken Water Maine Montgomery Road to Kemper. If you can just avoid that area would be a good idea to do so. And also we have a last avenue shutdown because of that gas leak that's close between Forest and Forest Park. Now seventy five southbound from Western Avenue to the Bunch Spence Bridge. That's about an eight minute trip right now, why Rick Shrip produced Radio seven hundred double d well W.
Speaker 2: In the forecast tonight snow lay could be heavy at times. Overnight two to four inches of snow possible, a low of twenty eight, and then tomorrow a slight chance of early snow otherwise partly cloudy, high A thirty four. Right now it is thirty five News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: All right, mister Penny, I'm going to say a word, and you tell me the first thing that pops into your.
Speaker 12: Mind got you doc comfortable? Scott's loan desirable, Scott's loan. You cannot say Scott's vone every time. I won't goodhood. The word is charming. A monkey, but that's good with it.
Speaker 1: A monkey in the jungle. Listening to Scott's Loan, Scott's loan, you may become obsessed.
Speaker 13: Join me scott Sloan tomorrow morning at nine o'clock on seven hundred wl Monkey.
Speaker 8: Listening to scott Sloan, you're telling me they don't. This report is sponsored by One Hour Heating and Eric Kendry shnink. Winter temps are upon us. It's time to get your heating tune up with one hour heating and Eric Hendy shnink the bone ducks.
Speaker 1: And Harmony peg wats some s out of Cleveland. How Hedy never gets it, but I love it anyway.
Speaker 2: Tracks is going to join us here in about well after the top of the hour news here. But until then, Jason, I always love these stories, these stories of like found artwork or found you know, relics of the past sort of thing. So, uh, there is a masterpiece painting called Christ on the Cross, pretty original. I was painted by Peter Paul Rubens. Not Peter Paul and Mary, but Peter Paul Rubens in sixteen thirteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, as a Flemish painter. Wasn't that pewee herman's name, Paul Ruben. Paul Rubins was absolutely right. So you're good, you're good, You're good. So anyway, they they found this painting.
Speaker 2: Was rediscovered in September of twenty twenty four at a townhouse. Okay, it was like in somebody's house and it'd been there for they've been missing for four hundred and twelve years. Okay, it didn't know where it was.
Speaker 1: But it's somehow maters made its way around here there everywhere kind of thing, you know. They found it in the sky's like house.
Speaker 2: They originally thought it was like a reprint or like a copier, like an apprentice's copy of the original Peter Paul Rubins work. But no, they analyzed and said, no, this is the real deal. And it went to and it sold Jason for two point seven million dollars.
Speaker 1: Wow. Bang, I need to find one of those in my attic or something I saw someone post on was it was Lance posted on Twitter the other day that he's like he wishedes he'd ha kept a bunch of heat. It was all stuff growing up, something lines just like you know you go to these stores and those old those are the things I used to add Baseball cards and Star Wars figures. All right, we will get to the top of the hour.
Speaker 2: News and tracks will join us at Talk Bengals next seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: News Traffic and Weather. News Radio seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 14: Cincinnati prepping for snow tonight with the four o'clock report. I'm Jack Crumley breaking now. Various parts of the Trient State have been putting out word on the snow we are looking at overnight tonight. In Butler County, they're calling in additional dispatchers for the communications center and extra deputies for road patrol. Starting at nine pm, the Butler Emergency Operations Center will go online. In Cincinnati, mayor a f tab Pirval told us earlier this year that things were going to be better this time than last winter when there were real issues in that big snow from early January.
Speaker 15: Through the hard work of our administration and the investments of our council, we are prepared with the staff, the resources, and the planning in place to respond to the weather challenges that will come. That includes an investment in a new, improved real time snowplow tracker for.
Speaker 14: The public and the city says the Sincy Insights snow plow tracker will be active for people in this snow. We're looking at tonight an interactive website showing where plows have been and what treatments being used. Matt Bruning with ODOT is asking drivers to be careful.
Speaker 16: Travel Tuesday morning could be very tricky, and so I would allow a lot of extra time to reach your destination. If you're going anywhere later tonight into tomorrow morning.
Speaker 14: There were more than fifty o dot plows that were involved in crashes statewide past winter. Let's take a look at thing roads right now, the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 7: From the UC Health Traffic Center, UC Health's Wait Laws Center off for Surgic Gum and medical ob City Care and Expertise called five one three, nine three nine, twenty two sixty three nine three nine twenty two sixty three Well traffic Castling seventy four. This is east westbound after Montana Avenue. We have the left shoulder blocked with a crash and a cruise on the scene getting that handled. Also on seventy five southbound Western Avenue to the Brent Spence and southbound seventy five Ronald Reagan Eye where the Norwood Lateral traffic is sluggish. We have delayed back to Shephard because of that ongoing road work. Seventy five south from Ronald Reagan to Norwood Lateral now Montgomery at Kemper it's a broken water main reported and Alaska Avenue now shut down between Forest and Forest Park. That's because of a gas leak. Just avoid the area. And on seventy five northbound Mitchell to Paddic, about a ten minute trip. I'm Rick Shramp, news Radio seven hundred WILD and.
Speaker 1: The project began Saturday night. Seeing backups.
Speaker 14: Now back to the Coney Bridge eastbound two seventy five as you're losing a lane eastbound between US fifty two and five mile Road. That's going to be that way until about Christmas time.
Speaker 17: Now, the latest forecast from the No Feared Dentist Weather Center advanced dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck. We're here for you, No Fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 18: For tonight, it's snow heavy overnight in the seven am temperature of twenty nine. By Tuesday morning, it's two to four inches up to five mostly cloudy and flurries through the day. High at thirty three at night, partly cloudy in a low down to twenty one. From your Severe Weather station, I'm nine First Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawley, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 14: Take a look at the radart right now. Still mainly clouds on the Trient States. Seeing maybe a little bit of snow activity starting to creep into Southeast Indiana again. That will increase as the evening rolls on. It's thirty three degree right Now News is a service of Alta Fiber. Cincinnati City Council's Budget and Finance Committee this afternoon moving ahead on a plan to put a one percent fee on the bills at downtown restaurants. The idea is it will help cover the cost of a new convention center hotel. It's apparently an opt in proposal coming from three CDC, expected to generate a million dollars a year. A full City council will vote on Wednesday. Secretary of War Pete Hegseth under scrutiny after a report from The Washington Post that said two men were killed in a second strike launched on an alleged drug vote from Venezuela. The details of who ordered what getting pushback from the White House today.
Speaker 19: Winehouse Press Secretary Caroline Levitt confirmed today the second strike on a vessel in the Caribbean, first reported by The Washington Post, did happen on September second, but she denied it was defund Secretary Pete heggsth who gave the order. Levitt said it was US Navy Admiral Bradley, who's serving as commander of US Special Operations Command.
Speaker 20: Secretary Hegseeth authorized Admiral Bradley to conduct these kinetic strikes.
Speaker 18: Admiral Bradley worked well within his authority and the law.
Speaker 1: Levitt said.
Speaker 19: The strike was conducted in self defense to protect Americans in vital US interests. Karen Travers ABC News, the White House.
Speaker 14: Some eighty people have been killed in military strikes by the US in the Caribbean over the last couple of months. On Wall Street today, near the closing bell, the Dow ending down four hundred and thirty four points, NASDAK down one twelve, and the S and P off by forty seven hundred WLW sport.
Speaker 21: Tylish basketball Today, the Cincinnai Bearcats take on Tarleton State at six point thirty here on seven hundred WLW. Also, Saint Francis takes on Xavier at six thirty on fifty five KRC. College football news Kentucky firing head football coach Mark Stoops today. He just completed his thirteen season at Kentucky, going five and seven. This season, He's owed thirty seven million dollars in remaining salary. Bill Edison seven hundred WLW sport.
Speaker 14: I'm Jack Crumley our next update at four to thirty Breaking News Anytime News Radio seven hundred WLW Thiss.
Speaker 1: Report sponsored by the James Cancer Hospital.
Speaker 22: When you choose the James at Ohio State, you're selecting the team the specializes in tweeting winds.
Speaker 2: So this is why we love the NFL, because there is so crazy and wacky. You have a chance, right and you look at last Thursday night.
Speaker 1: The Ravens had a chance to just bury the Bengals had a chance to put them away, take control of the division. They played terror. I mean, oh, they were off. The Ravens lost that game more so than the Bengals won, I think correct. Nevertheless, you look at the Steelers last night. You know, looked pretty good in the first half, but looked completely awful. So they don't look like they want to take control of the division. The Browns are the Browns.
Speaker 2: So you're sitting here saying, here, we are got a healthy Joe Burrow, you got a defense that's played better. Can the Bengals do this thing and join us right now to discuss is the one the only Mike Petrolia we call him track CLNS media as a jungle roar on YouTube that I check out every time I can, Trags, how are.
Speaker 5: You, Rocky and Jason? I have had a very fulfilling Thanksgiving weekend and I mean that literally. I am filled to the gills. I can barely breathe. But I will tell you being here in the bowels of pay Corp Stadium, when you're in a concrete building like pay Corps is and you're downstairs, it feels cold. It feels like winter, it feels like December football. And I think the Cincinnati Bengals are actually very prepared now, even though they are only four and eight like they were last year. I think the Bengals could go on a run.
Speaker 4: Guys, Okay, well we'll.
Speaker 2: Make a case right now, Targe, to make a case for why that you think this Bengals team, despite the four win record here, can go ahead and get this thing done.
Speaker 5: Joe Burrow and a functional defense. How often have we heard over the last couple of years with Joe Burrow healthy, if only the Bengals had a defense that was middling middle of the pack in the NFL, they would be a playoff caliber or even deep into the playoffs. There I say super Bowl caliber team. Well, now the Bengals have it. Yes, they're four and eight, they have no margin for error. I totally get that. But when you take a look at the next two games, and I know it's a week by week thing, and it's something I talked to the players about today in the locker room, But it's a week to week thing. If you can get wins in the next two games at Buffalo and home against Baltimore, I think you have the whole division set up to be the favorite coming down the stretch with at Miami, home to Arizona, home to Cleveland. And I just think what I saw from Joe Burrow the other night was like Joe Flacco was in Green Bay. In the first half, he had to shake off some rust. There's no questioning he admitted that about his footwork in the first half. But once he got going in the second half, you're like, Okay, Joe Burrow's back. And the way the defense played in the second half, yeah, they were gifted some turnovers, but they created some turnovers. And the one thing Al Golden talked about with us just a few moments ago is that you can tell the players are not quitting on plays. And that may sound I don't know, trite, and cliche to say that they're getting paid to play pro football. But if you play really hard and finish every player like Jordan Battle didn't give up on Isaiah Likely at the goal line, knocked the ball out, that's a turnover. If you are, certainly Miles Murphy running forty yards downfield and you tackle one of the best running backs in the NFL from behind and get them down and save some points there, you're doing the things that matter late in games. Defensively, I think there's reason to hope that this sometimes continues to improve.
Speaker 1: You build a great case there, Trags, And you know when you look at especially too, and when you dig down into it and you look at the Ravens remaining schedule, and you look at the Steelers remaining schedule, and the Ravens and the Steelers have to play each other twice. The Ravens still have to play the Patriots and at green Bay. The Steelers still have to play at Detroit, so they both those teams schedule wise. You know, really, I think have a tougher way to go, Trags. And I guess ultimately it's kind of fun that we're sitting here knowing how brutal this was after that Jets loss, and then how even more brutal it was after that Bear's loss. These guys are toast and now look.
Speaker 5: Let me interject. Let me interject, because a lot of fans are going to be how many times in the next two to three four weeks, So you're going to hear if only we'd held on against the Gens, only get held on against the Bears. You can't play that game. The players can't play that game. All you can do is play the schedule ahead of you, because you'll drive yourself nuts. Of course, you should have won the Jet game. I mean, that's stating the obvious, but the defense was not in a position with enough experienced players to be playing at that level to stop even a team like the Jets. Now they're starting to play, there are different defense and they're starting to play much better as a unit. So that gives you a reason for hope. But you'll drive yourself absolutely nuts if you go back and say, well, we should have beaten the Jets, could have, would have, should have. You can't play that game. The players certainly aren't playing that game. And that's one of the that was one of the teams from the locker room today, Both Barrett Carter was talking about that, andre Yo Subash and Ted Carris were all saying, look, the challenge in the NFL is keeping it weak to week. We're not looking back to weeks, for not looking ahead three weeks. It's this week in Buffalo.
Speaker 1: Hiberti is our guests and track.
Speaker 2: Let's let's dive into that defense a little more because look, as much as okay, it's great and the injection of energy this team has gotten and is going to get from Joe Burrow, the offense really hasn't been the issue.
Speaker 1: It's been the defense. They've played better.
Speaker 2: They've played better against the Patriots and certainly played better last week against the Ravens. As you're watching that defense, what are the things you're see or is it mechanically? Is it just guys playing better? In your opinion, why is the defense much better now than they were in September.
Speaker 5: Josephsai and Miles Murphy with Trey Hendrickson out, those two guys have picked up the slack and they have finally responded the way I think a lot of fans and certainly the coaching staff wanted them to respond. It's been actually quite good the whole season long. A lot of the metrics would if you do a deep dive into Joseph Oo size play this year, it's been very good. Miles Murphy in about the last four weeks, three weeks, three games, you've seen the glimpses from him that the Bengals saw when they drafted him in the first round in twenty twenty three. He's starting to be very disruptive on the edge. He's starting to push the pocket. You saw that in the Pittsburgh game a little bit. You certainly saw it in Baltimore and he set the edge even a couple of times and held Lamar Jackson in the pocket, not allowing him to get outside the pocket and do damage with his legs. And that's going to be really important obviously this week with Josh Allen. But I'd say those two players, I point to those two players for picking up their game in terms of what has made a difference, at least along the defensive line. And the reason that's really significant is Al Golden doesn't have to bring as much blitz pressure. He can bring it when he wants to, as opposed to needing to bring it on every other down and When you can do that as a defensive coordinator, you get to start to call the game you want to call. And Al Goldon spent a good amount of time a couple of minutes today talking about that.
Speaker 1: So what you're saying tracks it's been a couple of players. You mentioned the guys there that have really just stepped up versus any kind of a major scheme simplification or change.
Speaker 5: No correct Absolutely, and I think that was kind of the message when Joe Burrow came back last week. He said there had to be accountability from the players. The players. You can scheme all you want, Burrow said, but at some point the players have got to accept responsibility. Actually, you heard that in the Steeler locker room last night. You heard Aaron Rodgers say, and I'm like, wow, he got that script right from Joe Burrow. And I think the message got through to the Bengals last week that the players have to be accountable for playing better. And I think certainly last week in Baltimore they played better against Pittsburgh. The defense certainly played better. So I would say the defensive line is starting to come around as a unit. BJ Hill has been very solid. Al Golden said today he has had his head to the grimestone every single day in practice in the film room, It's really been fun for Al Golden to watch.
Speaker 1: You mentioned Burrow there, and I thought it was interesting that Jamar Chase, he said after the after the game in the locker room and Baltimore, that the team plays with more urgency when Joe Burrows on the field. Is there an example that you could point to, like do you even see that? As you're observing and and you're at every game, you watch, you rewatch it. You see this team and you watched it for a great majority of your entire life, Like, what do you see there when when Jamar Chase says.
Speaker 5: That, well, I see it when I see a lot more check with me. You know when when the quarterback points to his helmet. And certainly Joe Blaco did some of that. I'm not saying you didn't do any of that, but I think with Joe Burrow, because so much as pre snap read and reading the defense, I think players have to be aware that if a defense is lining up in a certain UH formation or a certain scheme, Joe Burrow is going to look in my direction and I've gotter be ready. Whereas With Joe Blaco, the play may call for me being the third or four option, and I may not be nearly as ready for the for the football. But with Burrow, he's processing the entire field. So you've got it. That's what he means. I think that's what Jamar Chase meant by there's more urgency, meaning Joe Burrow could be coming to you at any moment in time. I'll get you an example. Jason Mitchell Tinsley pass down the right sideline that should have been a touchdown. Yep, Michell Tinsley ran that route like he wasn't quite expecting the ball to come to him. And not that he quit on it, but he just didn't run full speed. But he's running full speed and finishing his route. That's an easy touchdown. That would be a That would be a case where you've got to run your routes with urgency, assuming that Burrow is coming your way, even.
Speaker 4: If he isn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the lesson is, if you're in the progression, even if you're the fourth or fifth option in the progression, you run your route hard because Burrow has the ability to get to that point where a flat maybe more so as a as an element of the fact that he hasn't been in the offense long enough, he's not going to get there.
Speaker 1: But Burrow is awesome.
Speaker 5: Correct, Well, that's exactly right, right.
Speaker 2: Track, great stuff, man, We really appreciate it. Folks want to find out more about what you're doing. You're writing your video and you're doing all kinds of stuff. Where can they go?
Speaker 5: Tailing us see you with the y dot com. I will have highlights from today's locker room happenings and Zach Taylor at the podium by the way, uh t Higgins and Cosbert's still in concussion protocol. That's a little bit of news. You can follow my YouTube channel YouTube dot com Slash Jungle War Pod and as always you can follow some of the clips of interviews with Today Derek Carter and Ted Kris. That's up on the X at trags.
Speaker 1: T r ags tracks are the best, brother, Thank you so much, you Beck gentlemen.
Speaker 23: Take care.
Speaker 1: Hey, your partner Mike Petrellia followhim on Twitter at trags and you'll find all that stuff. Good good deal. Let's go ahead and check some trafficking weather. How are we looking.
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 7: From the UC Health Traffic Center. UC Health's Weight Laws Center offers surgical and medical Obesitycaren expertise called five one three uh nine nine twenty two sixty three, nine three nine twenty two sixty three. We still this accident being cleaned up on seventy four westbound after Montana. It's off on the left hand side, and on seventy five northbound in Kentucky after two seventy five put a ten minutes slow down. Now our left lane blocked with a crash and delays back to Burlington Pike Cruise working on that broken water main on Montgomery Road at Kempers. So if you can't avoid that area and the gas lake has a last avenue shut down between Forest and Forest Park, we do have a two seventy five traffic sewing eastbound because of the road working west fifty two to five mile. It's about a fifteen minute delay. Well sow downs back to four seventy one now seventy five northbound between Mitchell and Paddock. That's an extra ten minutes, and seventy one is sowing southbound MLK to the Brent Spence by Brick Shrump News Radio seven hundredu WD WELLW the.
Speaker 2: Forecast Tonight's snow lake could be heavy at times. Overnight two to four inches of snow possible, a low of twenty eight, and then tomorrow a slight chance of early snow, otherwise partly cloudy, high at thirty four. Right now, there's thirty five News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Willy is the one person I know I can count on, my friend. I want you to know that I Bill Cunningham am here for you.
Speaker 16: He makes me feel good to be an American.
Speaker 9: Let me help ease your concerns, keep you informed, and raise your spirits.
Speaker 1: I'd rather have my arm gnawed off by beavers than miss Willie's show. I'm here for you. All you have to do is listen to me the great America.
Speaker 24: I want to be a great American.
Speaker 15: Just like Willie.
Speaker 1: Bill Cunningham Tomorrow at twelve noon on seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 8: This report is sponsored by Apollo Home, your source for plumbing, heating, and air and electrical.
Speaker 1: Get ready for reliable home comfort in any season with the.
Speaker 2: TV here, Jason and the News has the Afton Baine woman. She's running for the Tennessee seventh Congressional District. It's a special election. I believe the election is tomorrow. She's she's out there. She's little nuts. First of all, her name is Afton. That's not a real name, aft Yn. Apologies to any listeners out there named Afton's. Uh, that's kind of made up. Secondly, not made up, but that's that's weird. And she's got that crazy look to her right watching CNN and Liberal Chick look like, she's like kind of like like, are you right, Yeah, we were watching it. You were both just chuckling as we're on the yeah, looking at it during the break and you're she's on camera saying that she hates Nashville and the people involved in it.
Speaker 1: That now that in any normal time, that that is like you're done.
Speaker 2: Like, no, no politician history of anything could say, boy, I absolutely hate Cincinnati and get on.
Speaker 1: Not exactly a great campaign message. I hate the place I'm supposed to represent in Congress. Yeah, And and CNN asked her, Hey, do you think it was a mistake to say that?
Speaker 2: And she goes on this rams and says, essentially a while I was a private citizen and I can say whatever I want. No, that's the point where you go, you know what I was taken out of context, I was drunk whatever, but you don't you don't say, well, yeah, that's kind.
Speaker 13: Of what I was.
Speaker 1: Last week I saw clip it is crazy, And there was a clip last week that's I saw in social media. She was doing an interview with MSNBC or CBS, you know, one of the one like yeah, it wasn't Fox obviously, where basically they put her on the spot for old tweets about how you know, she was saying that she wanted to defund the police, and good on the reporter because the reporter was like, that's not what I like. She totally deflected, and I'm sitting there thinking like, who, like, do you think people are just stupid? Like she just completely didn't even I mean, this reporter, good for her. Put Afton Bane on the spot, Hey this is what you tweeted. They put the tweets up on the screen. Yea. And then like her answer was like didn't even acknowledge, like you know, she might have all have asked her about, well, what's the weather like in Nashville today because it was she answered completely different.
Speaker 2: And so she's also on a podcast saying she quote fantasizes about a world without police.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so along those same lines, Yes, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, like, do you still believe that this is a in in like like around like Franklin and Nashville, which I know that very well. That's right, that's what you live there. That's like Indian Hill, right, that kind of thing, which I don't know. Well, I guess we'll we'll see what happens. But I would find it absolutely shocking if she wins. I I think if you're a if you're a Republican, you want her to not just get beat but like just slaughtered. I have to discouraged stuff like this from happening in the future. Other than looking at some of the clips and things you know you see on on Twitter or whatever, I haven't really dug down is that a Is that a Republican district typically or thing typically?
Speaker 1: Is okay? Yeah, okay? And then what why is there a special like person retire? Yeah, they has to be something like that that that I don't know. But uh, Anyway, in other news here, I saw this that this is interesting. We were talking earlier about the coaching carousel and Lane Kiffin and how kind of just unfortunate how that ended, and I blame the system a lot because of how it's set up, and it it not only allows but almost forces coaches to take jobs before the end of the year because there's weird recruiting cycles and you got to get in and all that. But you know, a lot of folks were pointing out that, oh, well it's you know Lane kiffen Is. It's the money.
Speaker 2: And reportedly, according to this he will earn thirteen million per year. Now, everything I've heard of and including Paul Feinbaum said Ole Miss would have matched that.
Speaker 1: So it's not the it's not the money.
Speaker 2: And I always do contend this like football coaches first of all, especially like a guy kiff he has all the money he really needs. And I will say from experience and being around these guys.
Speaker 1: They don't don't spend money on anything any rate.
Speaker 2: Like like they go to the facility, all their meals are paid for a dealer car. If they want to fly somewhere, that's picked up. You don't really need any money. Now, you know the wife and the kids and maybe you have a vacation home. Okay, but it's more about it's more about like a status thing. You want to say, I make more money. That's exactly what it is. That's that's what it is, exactly what and and you know, and I always do say that, you know, money is is kind of the there's no other way to really kind of prove you know, which guys better. It's like, well, who's who's making who who's getting paid the most? Well, that's maybe that's the guy who's the who's the best coach out there?
Speaker 1: Kind of thing. You also wonder too, like at what point does some of that stuff slow down? I mean, I think Kurt Signetti and you can even look in your situation that you have and you think, well, if a guy like Kurt Signetti can turn in the Anna into a football school, that can pretty much be done anywhere. And that I'm not that's not hyperbole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but and I guess that's why schools, you know, are willing to pay so much money if you can do something, I mean, because there's coaches that that can do that, and there's maybe only one coach that can do it, that's Kurt Signetti to turn Indiana always a doormat and in terms of football in two years to uh maybe the best.
Speaker 1: Team in the Big Ten. Yeah, pretty wild man.
Speaker 2: I And I will say with Kiffin again, it was not about the salary. It said he doesn't think he can win, and he's told he can't win a national title at Ole Miss.
Speaker 1: In the playoffs right now, he had a great team.
Speaker 2: I I know, but I'm saying historically speaking, you know, I mean, ALISU has won three titles and within in recent memory with three different coaches. From just an economics standpoint, city of Louisiana is much more well funded than Mississis.
Speaker 1: Mississippi, I think is the poorest state in the Union.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: I think I think it's. What's just my son just asked me to I think it is. It's Mississippi Western in Alabamama. My son said he wrop Alabama's in there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought this was interesting though with if if Uh, this is a clause in Keifvin's new contract.
Speaker 1: This is funny.
Speaker 2: If Keivin wins a national title, okay, his annual compensation would automatically increase in making the highest paid coach in the country. Nothing wrong there, But here's a surprise one. Even if he left Ole Miss before the college ball playoff, Kivin can continue to earn incentives through its postseason. Okay, LSU agreed agreed to pay him what he would have been entitled to receive had he won a title at ole Miss. Ole Miss had a clause where if you win the national championship, your bonus is one million bucks. LSU is going to pay kiff and a million bucks if ole Miss wins the title this year.
Speaker 1: That's just that's the power of these agents. Man, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: These Jimmy sex and Is agent is so ungodly powerful. It's crazy to go to sneak that not sneak, but to actually with a straight face say, yeah, l s U. I know these money and all these things are great, but we got one more thing we want to put in there. If oll Miss wins the title, you're gonna still gonna pay a million bucks.
Speaker 1: And that's why everybody's getting all these major buyouts because of Jimmy Sexton.
Speaker 4: I mean, what.
Speaker 1: Make videos on everybody or something? What's going on? I mean, but like you never, like for so long, you never heard of, like coaches having agents were never mentioned around college football, right, no other than you know, I don't know, you know so and so star college football player he's been talking to an agent. Oh oh, that's an nca by. Oh no, now it's these agents. But now it's like the coaches too. That's the only agent I know of in college football. Right, is every coach with him?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He's coretered the mark on all the big ones. He's in. Who's the gather guy? Oh? He plays?
Speaker 2: You play DN for the Jaguars. Oh my god, I'm I can defensive end for the jack Wards Trace Armstrong?
Speaker 24: Right?
Speaker 1: Is he is he an agent?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's an agent. He's like a big agent. Yeah for college coaches. Yes, yes, interesting. Yeah, anyway, I was going to take a break with check some trafficking weather. How you looking?
Speaker 7: From the UC Health Traffic Center, UC Health's Weight Laws Center offering Sergeic Goman medical ob City Caaren expertise called five win three nine three nine twenty two sixty three nine three nine twenty two sixty three seventy one northbound Norwood later the breakdown reporting now on the right hand shoulder, just a minor so down right now, I'll keep an eye on that seventy five southbound Robert Reagan Highwood, Norwood, Latol. It's about an eight minute trip with the road to work here. Now we do have the south Dowans because of the bridge work on three seventy five, the Carol Cropper Bridge, we've got South's southbound back to the Ohio state line. Westbound Tree seventy five is sowing back to the Petersburg exit in Kentucky. Now seventy five southbound Hoppele to the Brench Spence. It's about a ten minute drive northbound seventy five metrol to Paddock Sewing, and on seventy one it is about a ten minute trip now northbound Diana to Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway by Rick SHRAPADEUS Radio seven hundred double d well W and.
Speaker 2: The forecast tonight snow lay could be heavy at times. Overnight two to four inches of snow possible, a low of twenty eight, and then tomorrow a slight chance of early snow, otherwise partly cloudy, high a thirty four. Right now it is thirty five News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: Is it true Tom Brenneman names his pants and his favorite is called Percy?
Speaker 1: That is not true? Is it true that as a child Tom Breneman hit under the covers.
Speaker 11: And listen to the radio and he's incredible Hulk jammies.
Speaker 1: Well, that's one of those yes and those sort of things.
Speaker 11: It's a true Tom Brennaman, Busy's buns gonna start your day.
Speaker 25: Right, That's true and I'm proud of it. Join me for the latest news, traffic from Chuck Ingram, weather from Jennifer Catchmark, plenty of laughs, and a whole lot more.
Speaker 11: Tom Brennaman tomorrow morning at five am on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by Miami Valley Gaming.
Speaker 18: Good to Miami Valley Gaming on December twenty seven for a chance to win a Ford one.
Speaker 2: I We're back rocking alongside Jason Williams. Jason I will be together this entire week. That is on vacation. He is in Aruba.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure if I was supposed to say that or not, but he's in Aruba. So same he made it. Do you make it now? I think so? He didn't just Dev didn't kill him yet he made it there, So I want to talk about it. Zempic Jason. By the way, I am curious. I know people.
Speaker 2: That are on it like you just you know that they are, but you don't want to ask them, like you know, how is it? But under the conditions of animinity. Here call the show five one, three, seven, four nine, seven thousand. If if you have been on it, tell us about how it's been, what the effects are, good and bad side effects, because I mean, this is like truly a a you know, almost a culture shaping drug that's out there right now. And and I'll get into it here, but I mean, it's it's affecting I mean, of course people's health, but it's it's affecting you know, how restaurants are making their menus because people are looking, are getting you know, are eating less and they're eating more healthier foods. It's affecting the fashion industry because you know, there's not as many people buying a plus size clothing. It's affecting you know, uh, the alcohol, Like you don't drink alcohol as much, so now that's getting affected.
Speaker 1: So it's it's pretty insane. But a couple of stats for you.
Speaker 2: In just over a year, the pretend a percentage of US adults taking drugs sanches ozempic will go to you, et cetera, right, what they call them jlp ones right, has doubled to twelve point four percent according to Gallop. Again, percentage of US adults taking drugs like a zempic has more than doubled to twelve percent, So just over a year ago it was around six percent.
Speaker 1: Now it's top twelve.
Speaker 2: Survey also reported that obesity fell from almost forty percent and twenty twenty two to thirty seven percent and twenty twenty five. And PJ always makes that point when he's on with this because we you know, we taught what are the side effects us and that he gives. Look, if you're an obese person, and as much as we would love for you to, you know, go on some crazy diet and work out seven days a week, and you're not going to do it, and this will like help you at least get to a weight that well, you're not gonna have a heart attack.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: That's so if you're someone who's like, you know, twenty five twenty twenty five pounds overweight, right, you don't, you don't, you don't need to go on that stuff, right.
Speaker 2: No, But a lot of people are especial, right, These you know, these Hollywood you know, celebrities and stars and stuff are blah blah blah. So inscription the surface says some from this venture Capitol groups revolutionary gop ones will play a huge role in society, and I'll get onto those here in a minute, but we got to call her in right now.
Speaker 1: Mike, uh, you are on what GOVI? Is that correct?
Speaker 26: Yes, sir, I just started, give us a full report. I have fat deliver disease, okay, which is a thing that my g I docs says it's every there's going to be so many people that have it.
Speaker 1: Because of their diet and that that.
Speaker 4: Holds back from your liver.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that's why he put me on it. So got you.
Speaker 2: So since you've been how long have you been on it? And what are the results? You feel better? You look better?
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 10: I really just started.
Speaker 4: But my wife is on ozempic because she's got diabetes and she's lost like twenty pounds, which doesn't really matter because it's for diabetes. But yeah, it's I'm hoping it works, but you know there's there's other reasons for it.
Speaker 2: So right, well and and and Mike h thank you good stuff and good report there, and we're gonna take some more calls here after the top of the hour, your thoughts and your experiences with a zempic. But yeah, I think it's it works. You know it rings right now. It's expensive, and I think you got to stay on it because and what it does, it doesn't burn fat. It suppresses your appetite. It's an appetite suppress you don't feel the need to eat. And as PJ and myself and everybody always say, calories are what count. If calories are what makes you heavy or not heavy, that's that's what it comes down to. So hold your thought there, jays. We've got the top of the hour nose.
Speaker 1: We'll come back.
Speaker 2: We'll continue this discussion on ozempic and its impact on society.
Speaker 1: Seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred WLW Cincinnati.
Speaker 14: Getting ready for snow in the city and more or less all across the tri States. With the five o'clock report, I'm Jack Crumley breaking now, don't.
Speaker 16: Get too close because when they're plowing snow, they're going to be pushing a snow cloud around them. It's going to reduce visibility if you get very very close to those plow trucks. So just give them the space so that they can get the job done, get you safely where you need to go, and they can return home safely as well.
Speaker 14: Matt ruining with ODOT trying to coach drivers with caution as we are looking at the first reel snowfall of the season tonight in Cincinnati.
Speaker 13: Most of what ODAD District A treats and plows are interstates in Hamilton County, and while pre treating with liquid brine works elsewhere in the state, odad's Kathleen Fuller says in Hamilton County they don't pre treat with liquid brine, partly because of rain before snowfall.
Speaker 10: Other districts in our state do do pre treatment and it is effective, but we typically get rain before we get snow, and so if that just makes it ineffective.
Speaker 13: But Fuller says they will use rock salt as pre treatment on occasion. Matt Reeese News Radio seven hundred double LWA.
Speaker 14: Statement from the City of Cincinnati says they will have the Live snow Plowed Tracker website active for this snow event tonight, letting people see where the trucks have been and what kind of treatment they're using. Take a look right now the latest traffic and weather together from the UC Health Traffic Center. You see Health's Weight Laws Center off research you go with medical and b City Cararen expertise call five one to three nine three nine twenty two sixty three nine three nine twenty two sixty three. Well, right now traffic he is sewing on seventy one northbound and over lateral to breakdown on the right shoulder. And we have the heavier pockets of traffic on two seventy five south at the Carrol Cropper Bridge with delays back to the Ohio state line now because of the ongoing bridgework on the Carrol Cropper two seventy five westbound of the bridge about a five minute delayed back to the Petersburg exit. Also, we're looking at seventy five sowing southbound Hopple to the Brent Spence Bridge northbound. Mitchell de Paddock is stop and go, and we have seventy one heavy southbound MLK to the Brent Spence northbound. It's about a ten minute trip. Seventy one between Ronald Rag between Dana and Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway and on two seventy five moss Outler to lovel Madeira volumes picking up my rix sh Repnews Radio seven one hundred double DLLWW. There is a report of a crash in that backup eastbound two seventy five cross the Cony Bridge. That's got you tied up back to the four to seventy one interchange. Also have at least one crash reported now south seventy five as you approach downtown, pretty solid backup, you're on the breaks well before the Western Hills Viaduct.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 17: The latest forecast from the No Fear Dentist Weather Center Advanced Dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck. We're here for you, No Fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 18: For tonight, it's snow heavy overnight in the seven am temperature of twenty nine. By Tuesday morning, it's two to four inches up to five, mostly cloudy and flurries through the day. High at thirty three at night, partly cloudy in a low down to twenty one. From your severe Weather station, I'm nine First Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawley, News Radio seven hundred wl.
Speaker 14: W radarsos clowns in the Trin State starting to see a bit of snow activity moving into mainly Southeast Indiana. Could be seeing some snow in Oxford, maybe Harrison and definitely parts north of their thirty three degrees right now News is a service of Postman Law. Cincinnati City Council's Budget and Finance Committee today agreeing to a plan that would set up the Fountain District Community Authority. It's a group of businesses, mainly restaurants and bars, that have agreed to charge an extra one percent on bills in order to finish the funding for a convention center hotel downtown. If it passes full council this Wednesday, that fee would begin in March. And West Virginia Governor Patrick Morris he says he supports the White House plan to put visas on hold for those applying for asylum from Afghanistan following last week's shooting of two National Guard members in DC, allegedly by an Afghan national.
Speaker 20: We know that since this tragedy occurred, there have been a number of additional announcements by the President, and I think he's working hard to get to the bottom of this. I also want to express my support for some of the new vetting proposals that are being talked about.
Speaker 14: The suspect was granted asylum this past April, and Homeland Security Secretary Christy Nomes says he was ravitalized until he got into the US. Sergeant Andrew Woolf, the other victim, remains in serious condition following that shooting last week.
Speaker 1: On Wall Street.
Speaker 14: Today, at the closing bell, the Dow ending down four hundred and thirty four points, just shy of one percent. NASDAK losing one twelve.
Speaker 21: The s and P off by forty seven hundred WLW Sport Thymas Basketball. Today, the Cincinnai Bearkas take on Tarleton State at six thirty here on seven hundred WLW. Also, Saint Francis takes on Xavier at six thirty on fifty five KRC. College Football News. Kentucky firing head football coach Mark Stoops today. He just completed his thirteen season at Kentucky, going five and seven this season. He's owed thirty seven million dollars in remaining salary. Bill Edison seven hundred WLW Sport.
Speaker 14: I'm Jack Crumley. Our next update at five thirty Breaking News Anytime News Radio, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 13: This report is sponsored by Miami Valley Gaming.
Speaker 21: Good to Miami Valley Gaming on December twenty seven for a chance to win a Ford F one F thirty five Grand's.
Speaker 1: Be twenty one Ohio Problem Gambling Helpline one one hundred five eight nine nine.
Speaker 2: Nine gets it is truly a culture shifting drug, unlike one I've ever seen in terms of the.
Speaker 1: Frankly the successfulness of it.
Speaker 24: Uh.
Speaker 2: Now there's side effects out there, and and we're gonna explore that in a bit, and we're taking your calls if you've had any experiences with it, good, bad or otherwise. Five one three seven four nine seven thousand. But before we get to the calls, I was talking earlier, Jason about how how much it's impacted just society in terms of buying habits. Here here's one for you compared to non and these drugs are called gop ones, right, will go vi zumpick on it. Compared to non gop one households, GOP one users reduce their spending by ten percent over a year in one hundred different categories in grocery stores, so buying less food at the grocery store. So now the grocery store industry is one is going Boy, how do we continue to make money and sell products when people aren't buying as much stuff?
Speaker 1: In one hundred different categories let's see another one here.
Speaker 2: Specifically, sales of chips, baked goods, and packaged cookies per consumer fell an average of six point seven to eleven percent in the first six months on the medication. So, in other words, if you get on this stuff in the first six months, you spend a round call it ten percent less on junk food.
Speaker 1: Wow, right, it's wild. That is wild.
Speaker 2: Weight loss drugs create an opportunity for rock, different opportunities for clothing brands as consumers refresh their wardrobe while they shed pounds. GOP one users gaining confidence and boosting or spending on beauty products, smaller clothes, more revealing clothes instead of you know, the bigger clothes that they used to be wearing, the closed to cover up more. Yeah, a lot of loose skin, Yeah, certain people. I think that's part of it anyway. I just think it's crazy. But right about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But well it's good. Take your calls here again.
Speaker 2: We're looking for just your experiences good bad otherwise, because as I said earlier, I know people that are on it, but she's not something you ask them, you know, because you know you don't want to talk about it. Let's do this let's go to Anderson, who will be playing for a state title on Thursday, and talk to Mark Mark fire Away.
Speaker 10: What do you got, hey, Hi? I started taking try zippeptide. Doctor recommended it and I was about five eleven and I was about two seventy five and very few, not of many side effects. I'm down to two twenty two right now. I'm off like blood pressure, medicine, feel great.
Speaker 1: Nice, So so no, nothing negative at all from your standpoint.
Speaker 10: You're joining a few things. I mean there's some gi stuff, you know, some diarrhea and that's nothing crazy, but but it's not all the time. And uh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: For me, it was a good fit.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 10: Doctor said, I was the perfect example of it. And it's weird because it's like, I'm fifty eighth. I've always been incredibly active, I mean crazy active, but and also a contractor and I'm always on my feet. So when I get home, I don't want to work out and I take this stuff, you know, and it does affect your appetite. I mean, you take a couple of bites, you're done. Yeah, before I would, I'm the ultimate of clean your plate guy, and not anymore so.
Speaker 2: You physically, physically. Don't you have the desire to keep shoveling it in? He's just okay, I'm good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, You're just you.
Speaker 20: You.
Speaker 10: You know your body, your mind just tells you you've had enough.
Speaker 1: How long have you you've lost what do you say? Fifty three towns? How when did you start taking it over? How long a period?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 10: April this year?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 10: Yea and it just stall off me.
Speaker 1: Well, good for you, Mark, I appreciate your inside buddy. Thank you. Here we go.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Larry in Livery Township. You're on one of these gop one drugs. Larry, explain, talk about your experience.
Speaker 27: Yep, Hey, guys, how you doing. I'm on I'm on Trillicity. Uh, and Rocky, I've talked to you and Eddie before. I'm the one that died in the police academy up there.
Speaker 6: Butler tech.
Speaker 1: Yeah, back with the.
Speaker 27: Massive heart attack, Yeah man, Yeah, My my doctor put me on Trullicity after going through some other medications to help reduce the inflammation around the heart in the in the chest obviously, and since I had my my open heart surgery and my heart attack May fifth of two thousand and nine, I developed plaque psoriasis as well, and with that medicine help reducing the inflammation in my body.
Speaker 6: It has eased the pain.
Speaker 27: On the joints where the plaxariasis has hit me, the knees and the elbows and the lower part of my back. So besides, when when I started the medicine a little little less than a year ago, I was I'm well, I'm I'm six three and I was three point fifteen and I'm down to two seventy eight now.
Speaker 6: And with the medication doses that they give me, you.
Speaker 27: Know, they got they got a fine game to play because of the open heart surgery. So they've been doing steady increments on my doses that I've been taking.
Speaker 6: And obviously, like everybody else, you know, it's one shot a week that you do, and with going with the open.
Speaker 27: Heart and everything, it's it's reduced my stamina to be able to work out like I used to.
Speaker 6: And and it's just.
Speaker 1: Sinking. So the drug has reduced your stamina or just when.
Speaker 27: When when I had the heart attack, when I had weight and stuff, Yeah, yeah, that reduced my stamina to be able to work out.
Speaker 6: So this medicine is is taking some of that inflammation off of.
Speaker 27: My body and made it easier for me to do more activities at a longer pace.
Speaker 6: But still nothing like it.
Speaker 27: Was when before I had my heart attack, when I was in the police academy.
Speaker 2: So your particular medication, it has the effect of the appetite suppressant, so the weight comes off, but also has the added of the added effect of the inflammation type drugs on your system.
Speaker 27: Yes, that's that's correct. And and and it has knocked my appetite down. I mean, you know, it wasn't nothing for me to sit down and throw down three big Macs at a time, you know, And how I can barely eat one of them now, you know.
Speaker 6: And I love me and big Man, don't give me wrong. Fact guy loves his big Man. And it's knocked it down. I'm not even gonna lie.
Speaker 27: It's taking it way down on every food aspect that I have. I just don't have the desire to eat that much anymore.
Speaker 1: That part just is that blows me away. Just how Yeah, you got a plate of food and you take a handful of bites and you're like your body just says, no, I'm full.
Speaker 6: And that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 27: You know, that's exactly how it plays out, you know, Turkey dinner, you know, Man, you load that plate up and not get about, you know, halfway through and it's like day gone, son, this is just my first plate or my third plate.
Speaker 6: You know, That's that's what you feel.
Speaker 27: You get full really quick, and you know there's you know, pros and cons to everything. But you know, in my situation with the limited weight loss that I've had and I'm grateful for and the inflammation, I can feel the difference in the inflammation in my joints and everything.
Speaker 6: So I know it's working on that aspect.
Speaker 2: Larry, if if you can divulge, I heard. One of the inhibiting factors of it though, is costs. It's not cheap, is that correct.
Speaker 27: I've I've got I've got a discount you know, I use the discount cards and all that stuff, and it's still to fifty a month with what I have. Hey, if if I didn't have the discount cards, you know, it's the price on the box shows like thirteen hundred, you know, with the what it shows on the price on the box. It's like I said, you know, to fifty a month if that's what I got to pay to help me out for what I need. Brother, I'm all about it because I love calling and aggravating you.
Speaker 1: Guess are you.
Speaker 23: Real?
Speaker 1: Quickly see you? How many times a day do you take it? Is it a shot? Is it a pill? Uh?
Speaker 27: It's it's it's it's a shot. And I injected into my abdomen once a week. I do it on Sundays, so it's only one time a week.
Speaker 1: One one time a week.
Speaker 6: You know, you get a box of four them for the for the month and away you go.
Speaker 2: Well, Lar, this is great stuff, buddy stuff. We're really happy for you, man, and thanks for calling the show.
Speaker 6: Thanks Gay, I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Later you see a pal and the cost part of it, I mean, if if you know by the time he uses discounts and all, it's two fifty. Now I don't know how it works, Like how long can you use coupons? Can you use that for forever? Because I mean, here's the thing about this drug. It's like once you stop using it, the appetite comes back, everything comes back. I could make the argument that if it's two fifty a month and you're eating less, it probably cancels itself out now thirteen hundred bucks. No, but okay, it's two and fifty bucks a month, which ain't cheap, but it's probably two hundred and fifty less I'll spend on food boom therefore worth it.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 1: Well that the trump came out, Uh was it just a few weeks ago?
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: It's been within the last month in which he's worked with a couple of drug comp needs to reduce the cost of a zempic would go VI all the g LP one right, So, yeah, it'll be interesting to see two if that's kind of kicked in for people in there seeing seeing that. Now there you go, all right, here's a go ahead.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Aurora and Tasha ty and Tyan says, you've seen a ozembic go wrong with someone?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 24: Yeah, I'm a contractor here in Aurora, and I, believe it or not, I was at my doctor's office, which is next door to a job that I did, And I've seen the homeowner and talked to her and she's got a feeding tube now for the rest of her life. She's only thirty seven years old. She started she started at Zimpic's last fall and it has permanently paralyzed her stomach. Wow, I don't I didn't go I didn't go into details on you know, on the food going in. You know, she has a feeding tube, but I don't know. I don't know what other kind of stuff she has to suffer from this, but she she told me that her stomach is permanently paralyzed.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a lawsuit to me. But yeah, big time.
Speaker 24: He has a beating tube for life.
Speaker 1: Now did she say?
Speaker 2: Is that a I wouldn't say common, But is that like a side effect that it has been seen before?
Speaker 24: At least it is a side effect that has been seen before. And she's I believe they're just trying to jump on board with some kind of class action. I'm not positive about that. That that would that would be here say if I commented on no, no, no.
Speaker 2: And ty good stuff, thank you. I mean look that there's like anything, there's you know, plus and the minus of of everything. You got to weigh out the pluses and minuses and a lot of times, you know, the weight loss and the effect that's going to have on your heart and your ability to live healthy and has probably you.
Speaker 1: Do it, maybe not especially a drug like this where it's like that's too good to be true. Almost kind of type of drug where years and years of dieting and diet sodas and diet this and die at that and Jim this and Jim membership that, and all of a sudden, we've got a pill. Now you don't really have to do any of that, and so there's going to be a downside. Yeah, right there, the magic pill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we're all finding this out because these are still relatively new, absolutely but increasing every day. Let's go to Livery Township and talk to Jim Jim fire Away.
Speaker 23: Yeah, we started on it last January, been on it since then. I've gone from one or two eighty five down to two twenty and dropped pants size from forty eight down to thirty six. So it's worked well for me. My wife being a nurse teachers up at a major hospital, she's talked about also being very careful on that thing with the stomach to.
Speaker 3: Make sure that you don't increase the increase the dose.
Speaker 23: Each too fast on it. And my son though that started he's aged thirty one. I'm sixty seven, thirty one. He started back in March with the that a wobe thing, and he started back in March. He's dropped from three fifty down to two twenty eight and wow, he's kicking March. Yeah, just in March. And I found that that the other one there, Woebe, is actually better than what I'm taking, the exiitic. But we're both taking generic brands because we're buying it not through the normal process. You're you're there's there's alternative suppliers of that stuff because you know it's it's been so overwhelming, but it's worked great for both of us. I mean we're able to look at other people think, man, that guy's fat, and here we are now skinny.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, and Jim great stuff again. How can you not applaud that?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: I guess I wonder I still think anything I try to take as little like I haven't taken an aspirin yeah a long time, synthetic now it takes supplements, but like you know, but still in moderation.
Speaker 1: I wonder took zero, Yeah a lot of it?
Speaker 12: Can you?
Speaker 2: And we'll find out? But I mean, can you take this for forty years? As far as the things I've read is that isn't it? You're supposed to at some point, you know, you do it over here. But then I think that's the tough part about it is in yeah you're like, yeah, that's that'll be interesting.
Speaker 1: But no, this has been good.
Speaker 2: I appreciate everyone's yeah, yeah, calling in on this. We'll maybe bring this up here at another time, but we'll move on. But first, let's check some traffic and weather.
Speaker 1: How are you looking.
Speaker 23: Well?
Speaker 7: From the UC Health Traffic Center, you see Health's weight lass Center, offer surgery, go my medical obesity care and expertise called five one three nine three nine twenty two sixty three nine three nine twenty two sixty three exit ramp is blocked because of an accident time seventy one door. It's the off Rampton Norwood Lateral. Looks like a car is off in the tree line and police and emergency crews are on the scene. Here seventy five north bound after two seventy five on the right shoulder as an accident cold rain at Banning. We have a crash and police there now. Seventy five is sluggish southbound between Ronald Reagan and Highway and Norwood Lateral because of the road work. Ten minute trip from right around Shepherd and we have that bigger delay on the two seventy five. Although it is an improving picture of the Carrol Cropper Bridge because of the ongoing bridge works, still so downs back to US fifty and in Indiana and also on two seventy five westbound at the Petersburg accident in Kentucky. Now on seventy five we're seeing sow downs hopple to the brinch SPNCH I talked to you about a fifteen minute trip by bricks Revenews Radio seven hundred W d WELLW.
Speaker 2: In the forecast tonight, snow lay could be heavy at times. Overnight two to four inches of snow possible, a low of twenty eight and then tomorrow a slight chance of early snow. Otherwise Hartley cloudy high A thirty four. Right now it is thirty five News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: It's time food dreams of snow.
Speaker 11: The fender beggers, the backed up traffic, the shoveling and frozen fingers.
Speaker 1: Snow is like a flucky white dream. Jack Ross will cut up this show that time.
Speaker 11: Food is it coming? Listen for the latest on seven hundred W l DUST.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by the James Cancer Hospital.
Speaker 22: When you choose the James at Ohio State. You're letting the team that specializes in tweeting just one type of cancer, all right back with.
Speaker 2: The Rocky alongside Jason Williams and Jason. This effected actually a couple of people that I know, one of them being our our stats guy with our radio broadcast. So the software upgrades of some of these planes, it causes a bunch of delays and backups and things like that over the Thanksgiving weekend and joining run down to discuss that and if it's going to be an ongoing thing is a good friend Alex Stone from ABC oups, what was the latest with these Airbus planes and the equipment upgrades?
Speaker 28: Yeah, so they made a lot of progress. So over the weekend, going back a bit to Friday, Airbus had an urgent safety order that they put out and at first the details were a little bit iffy on why they were ordering operators of over six thousand, eight three to twenty type aircraft globally to do an immediate software update because they said they put it that in solar radiation updata critical to flight controls. Well, that didn't sound good. A three twenties and the family of aircraft like the A three twenty one and the A three twenty one Neo that a lot of the airlines fly are very popular, including here in the US, United Delta, American Frontier, Spirit, all of them fly. The most airlines do minus like Boeing, that's all Southwest, it's all Boeing and alask Airlines it's all Boeing. But Mike Stengol is an indust analyst. He says, just in back to just every airline minus the Southwest of the world. But he put it this way, every.
Speaker 29: Type of airline yellow counts just everywhere. Every type of airline operated from very fuel efficient uh and the economics of these aircrafts.
Speaker 28: And so later on Friday we learned this was because of a Jet Blue flight on October thirtieth. They were in flight when they dropped, and and not from turbulence, but it was like the pilots had told the plane to go nose down, but the pilots didn't do that.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 28: And in fact they were an autopilot. This was from that flight with that uh three people that like they had a bunch of injuries on board and apparently solar radiation had corrupted something in the on board computers that that caused it to defy what the pilots wanted it to do and make it go nose down, so it suddenly dropped. Passengers were injured, they flew up. This was a software issue, you know, kind of like and it's not identical to this, but leaving your iPhone out in the sun, and this needed a software update, like updating your iPhone. But the bad news is they had to do it right over Thanksgiving weekend. It was that immediate. So the airlines they spend the week in updating their eight three twenties and the variants of it. American had over two hundred of them that were impacted. YEA nine had had only six that were impacted. They have a bunch of eight three twenties, but only six of the eight three twenties or eight three twenty with one NEOs that they've got we're impacted. Delta had right around fifty. Other airlines had them as well. They got maulled done. It did cause delays. Today, Airbus says up the six thousand impacted airplanes, all but about one hundred or left that they've still got to do. All the others are now done. But it did cause a lot of delays. As you pointed out, Rocky, that there were people who they wanted to get on their plane and then they were told, no, we've got to do a software update. This woman says that they got on, they made them d board, they told them it was only going to take like thirty minutes, and hours later they were waiting and people got really angry.
Speaker 3: Wild scene. I mean, you had people crying, you had people hollering, you at people just exploding in frustration.
Speaker 28: Yeah, I mean, the alternative is not great if you're talking about potentially having an incident on board. You know, you think back to Boeing and there's seven thirty seven Maxes where they had one go down because of if you remember years ago, the MCAST system as it was called, and then they didn't think it would happen again, and then it happened again and another plane went down. So the industry knows that when you know of an issue like this case where they thought solar radiation had degraded the systems on board that jet Blue flight, that they had to take immediate action for all of them around the world.
Speaker 1: And now they've done it, and Alex it seems like goodness, there's a software issue or computer type of you know story, what was it year and a half ago, within the last two years, right when Southwest grounded a ton of planes because of a software issue to be clear in this case, so that was because of an archaic system, right, This isn't the case here, right.
Speaker 28: So when the airlines do it a specific airline, it's typically because of they're on the ground computers of something isn't working right in their scheduling system or their dispatch system. That's not on the airplanes. That's their own servers. Just like you would have you know at iHeart that with a big room of servers and something doesn't go right. This is the actual operation of the airplanes. See how again, just to bring it back to an iPhone or an Android, think about your own phone and how it operates, not how the overall system at AT and T or Verizon is working, but how your phone specifically is working. And having to do a security update or some other kind of update to fix something on your phone. This is similar to that that they found an issue that they believe that the sun beating down on that plane day after day can create an issue internally in the A three to twenty and the variants of it, and they wanted to get it fixed right away after what happened on board Jet Blue where people got hurt and they fell from the sky. They obviously it was not fatal and it didn't go down, but it was very scary and people got hurt. So they to prevent that, they put out the order that all of the A three twenties needed to be updated.
Speaker 2: Now to Jason's point though, and I think we've talked to you about this in the past, I mean, overall, there's still some archaicness to the technology of not just the planes, but the air traffic control systems that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Am I making that up?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 28: No, I mean I think across the board, and it really shows you how newer aircraft are giant computers that are flying. They air fly by wire, which you know it's going to be more computer driven than when in an air bus situation where the pilot has a joystick, not a yoke like a Boeing aircraft, but a joystick when they move it, it's a computer that is telling the computer the rest of the plane what to do, and that it's really reliant on technology some older planes that are still out there, not so much the seven sixty seven's and some of the others that the airlines are still flying. I mean, those are still actual cables going back and forth to do whatever the pilots are doing up in the cockpit. But those are being phased out. They're old, they're fuel inefficient, they cost a lot to operate, and they're just they're getting old. And so the future is going to be just like the car that you drive, a lot more computerized. But air traffic control the same way the airlines, and they're scheduling. I mean, it's all so computer reliant. And the airlines have done a lot since they're meldowns to update their internal computer systems. But air traffic control, you hear Sean Duffy and President Trump talk about all the time that did they know they've got to upgrade it, and they say, under this administration, they're going to do that.
Speaker 1: Aw it's good stuff. Brother, We appreciate We'll talk to you soon. Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: You got it.
Speaker 1: Thanks guys, Thanks Alex and Jason. In other news, Hans is sad out of Brazil, a teenager there in Brazil who dreamed of working with animals got mauled to death by a lion after climbing into ices zoo And did you see it, god like climbing down a tree right there, like ready for it to come down, And there's this video of it here. Oh and then even before he got all the way down the tree, the lion came up the tree, grabbed his leg and the video cut off. Troubled. He was a troubled teenager. He was mauled to death in front of a horse like and people saw this too, obviously. There was a bystander of the video that after he climbed down a twenty foot fence to get into the big cats enclosure that then got him over onto this tree. He climbed over the fence that there was a tree right next to the fence he got on that slid down to essentially his death. This guy's Gerson de Malo Machado, only nineteen years old, snuck into the lioness's pen at the zoo in Brazil, scrambling over a wire topped fence to climb down the tree. Horrified visitors watched helplessly as the lioness Leona, ran over to the foot of the tree as Machado slowly climbed down then suddenly pounced on him. I mean, was he trying to commit suicide basically? Or what I mean, because that Matt sent you. What he did is that the teen had been diagnosed with schizophrenia according to this report. And this is a oh, I don't I can't even understand. I don't know what he knew. His agency out of Brazil diagnosed so schizophrenia, was institutionalized as a child, before spending time in prison again only nineteen years old. He previously snuck into the landing gear of an Africa bound plane in pursuit of his dream to tame lions out in Africa, but was discovered just in time and referred to child protective services before the obviously that plane took off.
Speaker 24: Uh.
Speaker 1: The zoo, which is in eastern Brazil, confirmed to death uh, while while stating that the lioness would not be euthanized given that it was not the animal's fault. Oh no, right, this guy had like a fascination with lions. Yeah, and a fascination of lions.
Speaker 25: Uh.
Speaker 1: The zoo was was immediately it was immediately closed down again. They it says a you know, the animal was immediately evaluated by a team of zoologists and remains under continuous observation of monitoring as she experienced. Uh, she's experienced high level of stress, I imagine. So that reminds me of in some ways, maybe not similar, but in some ways that documentary I've talked about for a Grizzly Man. It's about this guy you have talked about, Timothy Treadwell.
Speaker 2: He goes up to Alaska, you go up every year because he just loved bears and he thought of himself as this great protector of bears and all this stuff. And you think it's a documentary on bears. It's a documentary on a crazy person and they eventually kill him, and you wonder if it's some of a situation like that. All right with that, Jason, I think we are out here. It's been good with you, and I we back tomorrow. I want to thank Austin for producing. I want to thank all of you for listening. Bengals Line is up next seven hundred WLW