Speaker 1: We are number one.
Speaker 2: We just grabbed every key demographic.
Speaker 1: Super duper. That's nice. Way to go. Neato gang. That was good news.
Speaker 3: It is the third day of September, 2026. Good morning, everybody, and welcome to the Power Trip Morning Show on the best day of the week.
Speaker 4: It's Thursday. Yes, yes.
Speaker 3: Tommy, Fargo Flash, Ben Lieber, a cast of thousands, literally, on their way in to break it all down today. What a day we have planned for you. Ladies and gentlemen, let's get this thing started. Here's some comedy from the great Dave Chappelle. It's a Thursday morning. It's going to be a great day.
Speaker 4: Come on in. I am glad you are here.
Speaker 1: It's been 10 years since the last time I played Los Angeles. You can imagine.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 7: I've been gone for a very long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a tough time. And I wanted to give up sometimes.
Speaker 4: I almost did give up.
Speaker 1: But then right before I gave up, I decided not to. But I made the call. I made the call.
Speaker 4: They answer the phone.
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 1: Dancing with the stars. I said, not yet.
Speaker 8: Not yet.
Speaker 1: If you see me on that, it's over. Trust me. My spirit is broken.
Speaker 7: If you see me waiting for them judges, getting critiqued on my cha-cha, it's over.
Speaker 1: I know them.
Speaker 9: Ah, that's right.
Speaker 10: The finish line is waiting.
Speaker 9: Ah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Fear's on your side. I know them. You hear the distant thunder.
Speaker 4: There's lightning in your stride.
Speaker 11: It is the Power Trip Morning Show, Thursday, September 3rd of 2026.
Speaker 10: Halfway through the state fair, this is the third day of September. It is the first day of the college football season. If you are a Golden Gopher fan, I bet Tommy is at a 9.8 out of 10 right now. He's jacked on the drive in.
Speaker 7: When I got up at 4.15, he'd already been up and posting.
Speaker 10: Well, yeah, we know his morning routine, right? He's probably been up since 1 in the morning getting ready for today. I'm Corey, that's Chris, that's Paul, and there's Zachary.
Speaker 1: And we're with you until 9 o'clock.
Speaker 11: Hi, hi.
Speaker 1: It's college football tonight.
Speaker 10: Right here on The Fan, you're home for gopher football.
Speaker 4: It's heating up, baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, daddy.
Speaker 4: It's all happening.
Speaker 10: So, most people at this station and most people that are listening can cheer for the gophers, and Sauce, you can start anti-sweating the gophers starting tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man. I'm going to do that.
Speaker 7: And I need them to lose by or win by 44. And that would be a great start. I would appreciate that if they lost by or won by 44.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of points, man. You want them to win by 44? Yeah. Cause then I win my bet.
Speaker 13: Hmm.
Speaker 1: Doesn't that make sense?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just didn't think you were, didn't you take, you took a, didn't you take the other team?
Speaker 7: Yeah, but if the Gophers win by 44, I win my bet because I have that.
Speaker 1: I didn't know this until last night.
Speaker 7: I have them plus, I have Eastern Illinois plus 45 and a half.
Speaker 1: Plus 45 and a half? Yeah, that was the original line, yeah.
Speaker 10: Oh, wow, I didn't know that. You got them at 45 and a half. Yeah, and now it's down to like. See, now my confusion ends because I was like, why would 44 help you at all?
Speaker 1: 44 helps me, yeah. Got it, got it, got it.
Speaker 14: Yep.
Speaker 10: Okay, so you want the Gophers to win, but Eastern Illinois to cover. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, you actually are cheering for them to win.
Speaker 15: Fantastic.
Speaker 8: Well, sure.
Speaker 1: They're not going to lose to this team. This team's awful.
Speaker 4: Come on, now.
Speaker 1: Hey, man.
Speaker 4: Don't give them both of our material.
Speaker 10: They'll win their first three games. Yeah, what if the entire team is listening right now?
Speaker 1: Eastern Illinois, and they're like, whoo-hoo-hoo-hoo. Is that right? Yeah. Whoa. Yeah. Yeah. Maybe they're listening to Silverchair.
Speaker 4: I'm sure that's fat boy yeah.
Speaker 10: God if they're listening to frog stomp right now yeah then text me your address i'll come listen.
Speaker 1: With you and now you want them to win i.
Speaker 10: Do i love frog stomp yeah it wails what a cool album cover.
Speaker 4: Too yeah stop it on a frog like that.
Speaker 10: Remember uh all of our moms thought that we were going to play frog baseball because beavis and butthead didn't or burn things to the ground I'm like, I'm willing to blow up a fish with black cat fireworks after they're dead.
Speaker 1: I did that.
Speaker 10: I'm not going to hit a live frog with a baseball bat because a cartoon does. That's serial killer behavior.
Speaker 14: Sure.
Speaker 3: I just don't want to pick them up. If somebody else would pick them up and loft them in there, I'll knock the sun out.
Speaker 1: Great point. I don't want to touch a frog either. Why not? What's wrong with frogs? I love frogs.
Speaker 4: Slimy and gross.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: They're your favorite animal. Yeah, we have them.
Speaker 7: You know everything about frogs. Every once in a while, there's some on my deck, and my son and I go out.
Speaker 1: Deck. Deck. And my kiddo and I go out there. What do you do? I try and pick them up, but they squirm away. He loves frogs. So do you. It's your favorite animal. It is my favorite animal.
Speaker 4: What if a frog bit him? What would you do?
Speaker 1: Well, I'd be sad.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 4: What would you do?
Speaker 1: Probably chuck it in the ground.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Quick, what's your favorite animal? I don't know.
Speaker 7: Frog?
Speaker 10: Frog?
Speaker 1: Well, frog is wrong. Frog is wrong.
Speaker 4: What's the right answer?
Speaker 1: My favorite animal, frog.
Speaker 7: No, no, no.
Speaker 4: I'm asking Corey. What is the right answer?
Speaker 1: Almost anything but frog.
Speaker 10: Why?
Speaker 1: Why? They're gross. Chris is right. They're gross. They are. I don't want to touch them. But like Hawk and I used to talk to B-Rob about going fishing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 1: He'd have to touch all of it. I'm not touching any of it.
Speaker 4: If I'm going fishing with him, he's touching me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Is B-Rob back in Texas? Where is he?
Speaker 4: I believe he lives in Libya.
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 4: Yeah. Strange choice for retirement.
Speaker 1: Bold choice.
Speaker 4: What did he want to do? He said the fishing's great down there.
Speaker 1: He's an outdoorsman. He really is. But if Hagen or West are listening, where's B-Rob? Yeah, Hagen, call Hogsteady.
Speaker 4: Are you just hearing that in your headphones? Sound like lightning? No?
Speaker 1: Are you on the drugs? Sounds like lightning?
Speaker 10: Like static or lightning strikes?
Speaker 4: Like static. That reminds me.
Speaker 10: Let's try this for a second real quick. Sauce, what does lightning sound like? That's what it sounds like?
Speaker 1: Lightning? I thought you said thunder. Lightning doesn't make a sound. Wait a minute, hold on one second.
Speaker 4: You thought he said thunder?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but here's why I'm confused, okay?
Speaker 4: Here's why I'm confused. The two words sound nothing else alike.
Speaker 7: Here's why I'm confused, though. When you said, does it sound like lightning? Lightning doesn't make a noise. So I immediately then thought, well, maybe he means like the thunder that follows. So I was listening for thunder.
Speaker 4: I think lightning does make a bit of a noise, doesn't it?
Speaker 1: I mean, when it cracks. Yeah. Boom. Yeah, when it scares you.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Boom.
Speaker 1: You're fascinating. Thanks, man.
Speaker 3: The other day, I was reminded, and I don't know why I was reminded, because I've heard this song a million times between then and now. But I was listening to a cover band echo through the streets of Excelsior, Minnesota. And they were playing What's Up by Four Non Blondes.
Speaker 1: Banger.
Speaker 3: Great band name. Great songwriter. And I was reminded because we rented the band.
Speaker 4: Moonshine, which you guys are well familiar with.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 3: The infamous Colorado incident. I was in the band Moonshine. So we rented a practice space in, I think it was Upland, California.
Speaker 4: Maybe in Glendora. It was Glendora, California. From the drummer of the Four Non Blondes, Dad.
Speaker 1: As one does. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And they were the rage in 92, 93.
Speaker 4: Specifically that song.
Speaker 3: And little Steve, who was a guitar player, and I had this thing that drove everybody around us nuts.
Speaker 4: And it was this. Just randomly, I would go, Hey, Steve.
Speaker 10: You go, yeah.
Speaker 4: And you go, do you try And he'd go, oh, my God.
Speaker 1: Brilliant.
Speaker 4: And every now and again, I'd go, hey, Steve.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you pray?
Speaker 1: Oh, my God. Man, and you're saying this got annoying? That's so good. No. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I can't find anybody in my life right now to do that for me.
Speaker 1: That sounds like something David would do.
Speaker 10: See?
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 4: David, will you do it for me? I'll call you randomly every now and again. When you answer the phone, you go, hello.
Speaker 3: And I'll go, Dave, do you try? And all I want you to do is go.
Speaker 1: Brilliant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he would do that.
Speaker 1: He has nothing. going on sure for sure.
Speaker 4: He's got a gambling problem wow welcome.
Speaker 1: To the club.
Speaker 10: Our new bit in the last like four or five days sauce our new bit no no sauce and i have done this a handful of times We've tweeted, or not tweeted, sorry. We've texted Dov something that we know he hates, and we start the timer on our phone to see how quickly he responds with rage. Yeah, it's a long list. The first one, we all guessed like under 40 seconds, he's going to absolutely just rage back. It took him over 12 minutes to respond.
Speaker 1: It took him a while, yeah.
Speaker 10: Then I did it again yesterday, and I think it took, again, 10 to 12 minutes.
Speaker 1: What is he doing? What does he hate?
Speaker 10: Why does it take him 12 minutes to text me back?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't even like the guy. I don't know what he does. Maybe that's why he's taking.
Speaker 10: So long to return my texts, is he knows that I hate him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, yeah. You've said you hate him on the air, so I think... Well, I've said it to his face. I mean... Yeah, there is that.
Speaker 4: You can imagine what you would tweet, pictures that he hates of. How do you tweet pictures of freedom and childhood?
Speaker 10: So, like, I'm trying to get him to respond... Like, literally, like, that's all I do.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, my God, do a try. And I can't get him to bite. It's fun. That's so annoying. It is. No, it's funny. I'm with little Stevie here, whatever his name is.
Speaker 4: Oh, little Steve loved it.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Wait, is little Stevie, isn't he from, is that the Bruce Springsteen guy?
Speaker 4: Little Steve N.
Speaker 1: Steve N.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you had little Steve. Yes. Was he a little person or was he just a- He was normal size.
Speaker 4: He was bigger than me.
Speaker 10: He was a bigger guy named Steve, but you called him little Steve.
Speaker 1: At one point in my life- Why'd he get that nickname then? I don't know.
Speaker 4: At one point in my life, I called everybody little something.
Speaker 15: That's funny.
Speaker 4: I had little Phil that worked at the gas station.
Speaker 11: Mm-hmm.
Speaker 1: He was six two little rick was at.
Speaker 3: Least six four he was much bigger than me yeah he was the bass player.
Speaker 10: Well little ben's gonna be here in a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah let's see if he goes with little maybe i like that little tommy i'm.
Speaker 10: Gonna ask him if he tries we've heard way too much about little tommy in the last 10 plus years yeah good point i know where little tommy's been do you.
Speaker 4: Know who would love oh my god do i try Tommy.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah. He might not even know that song.
Speaker 13: He might.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: He's all in. He will, because that song made a resurgence.
Speaker 12: Did it?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Everybody was like, it was like a TikTok bit.
Speaker 10: Maybe, but either way, that song came out before he was born.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, he'll know that slammer.
Speaker 4: I heard a rumor one time about that band, Four Non Blondes.
Speaker 1: Go on.
Speaker 3: They were on tour as the opening band for Aerosmith for the longest time. And I might have heard this from a really good source. That, you know, the dreadlocks, if they're real, that means you ain't washed your hair in.
Speaker 4: A long time.
Speaker 1: I see where you're going with this.
Speaker 3: And I was told that Aerosmith threatened to kick them off the tour if they didn't wash their hair.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Because they didn't smell great.
Speaker 2: Gross.
Speaker 1: But, I mean, in their defense, yeah. That's what you signed up for. Yeah, that's my look.
Speaker 4: You should have smelled my undies, my leather pants.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when that lady in Colorado took them off.
Speaker 4: You get the stories mixed up, but we're okay. At least you know what you're doing.
Speaker 1: I'm trying.
Speaker 15: You are.
Speaker 5: Do it.
Speaker 1: Oh my God, do a try. Jeez, that's the best he's ever sang. I wish he would try to sing. I can't.
Speaker 4: That might have been the best you've ever sang.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Hawk. Try again. Oh my God, do a try.
Speaker 10: I mean.
Speaker 1: Can I?
Speaker 10: I definitely pray for you to be better than that.
Speaker 4: You're a songbird.
Speaker 1: There's zero chance you pray.
Speaker 4: You are a songbird.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Hogs. Do you pray? Oh my God, do I pray? Getting worse.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it is getting worse. But I have to throw in the air bass, which I did a lot of at the Dave Matthews concert.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can imagine.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine sitting behind him trying to see Dave Matthews? When you go see Dave Matthews, And you're surrounded by other serious Dave Matthews fans.
Speaker 4: And they're mad at you for playing the air base. Do they go?
Speaker 1: Can I make a statement? Do they do that? No, they do not. Can I make a statement?
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: And I am one. The worst fans are Dave Matthews fans. Geez.
Speaker 11: Why?
Speaker 1: They just are. And I am one. They just. Why are they the worst?
Speaker 4: What do they do?
Speaker 1: They're just annoying. Okay. In what ways? I have to tell you how many times they've seen them.
Speaker 10: That's, I think that's all bands that have a diehard fan base. It's always like a badge of honor, right? It's like, I've seen them this many times. How many times have you seen them? That's pretty standard.
Speaker 1: I don't know. They're just, uh, yeah. And I am one. We're just an annoying group. But what else? It can't be just that. Don't have any good examples. Oh, that's a hot take for almost no information. But I am one. So, like, I am in that group. We are an annoying group.
Speaker 8: You are him.
Speaker 1: You've said that 15 times. In what other ways?
Speaker 7: We think that that's the only band that matters. We think that you are, like, it's like you're... like it's a privilege.
Speaker 1: Or a right to go to that band and talk. I don't know.
Speaker 7: They're just annoying. They're just an annoying group of people. They talk throughout every song. They loudly sing every song. That includes me.
Speaker 1: We're just an annoying group.
Speaker 7: It's just a bunch of lame white people.
Speaker 4: It is the power trip morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, they're an annoying group of people. And we, we are an annoying group of people.
Speaker 7: I get why people hate, like they don't like the Dave Matthews band.
Speaker 8: Hate.
Speaker 1: It's the fans. The band.
Speaker 7: I love the band. There are people who probably hate the band. They're like, the band's fine. The fans suck. They're an annoying, pretentious group of people. Couldn't agree more.
Speaker 1: They are. And I'm one of them. Oh. You're shaved? That's not what I said. Are you nuts? God, you're pretentious. You're annoying. Yeah, I am. I'm all these things. How many times have you seen them? I, I lost track.
Speaker 10: I thought about like going approximately how many times?
Speaker 1: Mid fifties. Why do you have to tell me? You asked them. Most of them tell you without even asking.
Speaker 4: Sure. Would you just try?
Speaker 1: Oh my God. Do what? Try. I try all my life.
Speaker 4: Not the right words.
Speaker 1: Miss institution. You should be institutionalized. You're right. Rim teaser should be institutionalized. Oh, God.
Speaker 10: I'm going to text up to Dob and see how long it takes him to text me back.
Speaker 1: He is the rim teaser.
Speaker 10: He is the rim teaser. I like to tease the rim of my roof.
Speaker 7: Yeah, thanks, Gutter Helmet and gutterhelmetmn.com. Don't get a bunch of water damage this fall. Go to gutterhelmet and gutterhelmetmn.com. Get your gutters protected by Gutter Helmet.
Speaker 10: More of the Power Trip Morning Show after this on The Fan.
Speaker 1: If you work in logistics, you know nothing moves without you. Companies need skilled people now and express employment.
Speaker 16: Bring teachers more opportunities, creativity, and learning into their classrooms every day. It's iHeartRadio's Thank a Teacher, powered by DonorsChoose. Keep listening as we recognize and reward inspiring educators. Learn more at iHeartRadio.com slash teachers.
Speaker 1: Take a second.
Speaker 10: All right, so Tommy shortly. Argo Flash relatively shortly. Ben Lieber relatively shortly. You guys square off in semi-final number three a little over 24 hours from now.
Speaker 1: That is correct. Against Doug Glenn and Belinda Jensen. Yeah, that'll be funny.
Speaker 10: Bell does not like her matchup, but what are you going to do?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: You got to beat them all.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think Hogs Daddy will win tomorrow.
Speaker 4: It depends on the initials, man.
Speaker 10: Look at you being humble. Trying to lower the bar, lower the standards.
Speaker 1: No. I mean, no, I think Hogs Daddy will win.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I think almost any of you could win. Yeah.
Speaker 10: I mean, you're all going to get smoked by Rick next week, but that's okay. Yeah, that's all right.
Speaker 1: He's a savant. Yeah, he's very good.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We'll see. But we'll see. One of you will be in the finals.
Speaker 10: Glenn?
Speaker 1: Glenn?
Speaker 7: Swedberg-Rick matchup would be all-time.
Speaker 10: Well, that's like when Zacco had the idea to basically at some point do like an initials Masters bit, right? Like how Jeopardy does like the top, top, top player square off once a year for the Tournament of Champions. We might have a preview of that by just putting those three in the finals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, correct.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We'll see. Yeah. But hey, whoa, whoa, whoa. Slow down. Slow down. Let's not just put Glenn in there.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What are we at? 124 or something? 124,000? Something like that. Maybe 124,500?
Speaker 10: Now I'm forgetting. Why do I always forget? It was six days ago.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I always forget exactly where we're at. Yeah. We're in St. Louis Park. Yeah, we're in St. Louis Park.
Speaker 10: I really hope whoever wins a jackpot at some point, I hope the person doesn't have like 2.1 million of net worth. I hope it's somebody that has like $ 2, 200 to their name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like Dusty Mond. Right.
Speaker 10: And Dusty's like... I don't know if I can even go on. I can't afford to pay my Netflix bill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope it's dusty. And then he wins $ 124, 000.
Speaker 10: We just legitimately changed somebody's life.
Speaker 16: $ 123, 500 tomorrow.
Speaker 1: $ 123, 500. That's a lot of money. Yeah, man. The leftovers. Wait, what's the other one we normally do?
Speaker 4: Order up.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 4: I know you do.
Speaker 1: Because I love you.
Speaker 4: And I love you.
Speaker 10: All right, we're going to do a segment here, Sauce. I really want you to focus. I want you just to try.
Speaker 1: Oh, my God. Do I try? No, he's not even trying the bit. I try all my life. Doesn't she say in this institution? Yeah.
Speaker 4: I try all the time in this institution.
Speaker 1: Hasn't she written like a hundred slammers?
Speaker 12: Sure.
Speaker 4: A lot of, uh, pink stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. With pink. Yeah. Yeah. Pink by Aerosmith is one of the worst songs of all time.
Speaker 4: I love that song.
Speaker 1: I love that song too. It's like Luke Bryan before Luke Bryan.
Speaker 4: Was Luke Bryan.
Speaker 1: Um, yeah, that Luke Bryan song is horrible.
Speaker 4: People like it.
Speaker 1: Um, what was I going to say? I don't remember.
Speaker 4: I don't think you were going to say anything.
Speaker 7: I think the lady in Four Non Blondes was married to the lady in Roseanne.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure. The daughter in Roseanne?
Speaker 7: I think they were a couple. Sarah Gilbert? Yeah, I think her and that lady were a couple. I don't think they're a thing anymore, but I'm pretty sure they were.
Speaker 4: Get back to us on that.
Speaker 10: She was also the lead singer of Four Non Blondes, was also the sister of legendary Bears. Defenseman William Perry.
Speaker 1: Was she really? Yes. She was married to Linda Perry for seven years. Yeah.
Speaker 10: So the brother of William Perry, and I believe her nickname was the freezer.
Speaker 1: Oh, really? Yeah. It says that right here.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 1: You're correct. Yeah. See, Wikipedia knows, you know.
Speaker 4: Rosie used to.
Speaker 3: Travel around like, like the four non blondes were a grateful dad. He would follow them from city to city.
Speaker 1: Why is that?
Speaker 3: He didn't like the music, but he liked to, when they say, ladies and gentlemen, four non blondes, He'd go, prove it!
Speaker 1: Oh, my God, Mark.
Speaker 4: He'd even stay for the concert.
Speaker 1: Oh, Mark. What up, Mexico?
Speaker 10: No, but again, Rosie doesn't discriminate. He also went and saw the band Blondie.
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 15: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah. He likes.
Speaker 10: A little bit of everything. Actually, I don't need to bring his name up.
Speaker 1: Why did I bring him up? Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, he sounded sad yesterday on the show. I don't know. He sounds so sad.
Speaker 1: I wonder why.
Speaker 4: It's because of you guys being mean to him all the time.
Speaker 5: I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably. I mean, yeah, you're probably right. Is that right? I should probably stop. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But you just give me a favor.
Speaker 1: Try. I try all the time. That's not true. I do not. I don't remember the last time I tried. Courage to quit.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You got that figured out.
Speaker 1: Skip the first chapter and call it a mystery. All right. You were going to read something. What bit are we doing? The leftovers, the leftovers.
Speaker 10: Hey, I literally just, it makes me want to throw something through glass. It sounds so fun. What a cool sound. You should go to a smash room.
Speaker 3: So I was saying yesterday, listen to the band smash mouth and eat a smash burger, man.
Speaker 1: That'd be good. And play smash brothers. Yeah. That game's fun.
Speaker 10: And then hang out with a smash from demolition.
Speaker 4: And then smash some, uh, P word.
Speaker 7: And then play smash some things on the video game. Uh, It's their Rampage, which is a slot machine.
Speaker 1: What now? Rampage with the lizard and the King Kong guy. Sure. And the wolf. It's a slot machine. No kidding. Yeah.
Speaker 10: So there are still a handful of licensed slot machines because those have faded away.
Speaker 1: I mean, not all of the second floor of Circa.
Speaker 4: They're actually on the big comeback.
Speaker 1: Oh, no kidding.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 10: Good, because I'm not a slot machine player, but the ones that are just I don't know. The generic ones don't do much for me. I want to see Game of Thrones.
Speaker 1: I want to see Willy Wonka. Monopoly. What is this, Monopoly?
Speaker 4: Bomberman. The latest Bomberman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great slot machine, right? No kidding.
Speaker 4: You like it. I'm not a big fan, but you and your brother like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, W calls it the ATM.
Speaker 3: You know that the latest version of the Game of Thrones bonus, you get to bang your mom if you hit the bonus.
Speaker 4: And I say get to.
Speaker 10: Because you get to. That's one of the great pleasures of the Game of Thrones universe. That's what you get to do.
Speaker 1: Bomb banging? Yep.
Speaker 4: It's cool.
Speaker 1: There's a comedian. God, I wish I could give this person credit.
Speaker 3: One of the hostesses bring you over some lotion.
Speaker 1: My God.
Speaker 10: This is what I hate about Instagram is you see something that you really think is creative or funny or interesting, and then you scroll so fast that you completely forget who just did what you thought was interesting, right?
Speaker 1: Yeah. There was a comedian, and somebody helped me in finding this.
Speaker 10: They did their bit, and the bit was that I think it was his girlfriend or his wife said that when they were watching House of the Dragon or Game of Thrones, well, I'm sure that kind of stuff, incest and stuff, I'm sure that kind of stuff was going around back then. And this comedian's take was, no, that's all in George R.R. Martin's head. He didn't have to put it in there. He chose to put it in there. So the whole bit is, don't just say, oh, that's something that happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't say that.
Speaker 10: Chris, back to when you mentioned this a long time ago in Game of Thrones 10 years ago was a thing.
Speaker 1: And your wife was like... What was it? Something like, um, was she asking about like, um, what time period is this? Oh yeah, exactly. There is no time period. There's dragons and wizards and white walkers. So you don't have to, well, back then there probably was a lot of incest. No, there isn't. It's all in George's head. He wanted it. Who, what's his name? Oh, it was a guy. I think it was a guy. There's a girl that has the same bit. Okay, so why do I feel like it was a dude? But I don't know. Maybe I am misremembering that part, too.
Speaker 16: And she defended her buddies by saying, well, back in the day, they'd sleep with their family members to keep their bold lines pure.
Speaker 1: Mom, this isn't a documentary. Gross. Anyway. You get to sleep with your mom.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You get to.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine?
Speaker 10: If that was the bonus game, no, I don't mean imagine sleeping with your mom. I mean, if somebody had okayed that as the bonus. I mean, Tommy would, that's all he would play is that slot machine.
Speaker 4: You know, George R.R. Martin was like, I will license my likeness to you guys. But here's what you got to do for them.
Speaker 1: I've never heard him talk. Is this what he sounds like? Merry Christmas! Well, it's about time! We made it! Where are you, baby?
Speaker 10: Clarence!
Speaker 1: Clarence!
Speaker 8: Where?
Speaker 12: Where?
Speaker 1: Where'd you go, Clarence? This is Pebbles! This is Pebbles! It's a wonderful life. This is Pebbles!
Speaker 12: It's Christmas!
Speaker 1: I think it's wonderful.
Speaker 12: Christmas!
Speaker 10: Hey, you know how if you look into a mirror and say Candyman three times, Candyman appears? We said bang your mom three times and Tommy kicked the door down. And he said Merry Christmas.
Speaker 1: It's just Christmas, man. You guys, it's the best day of the year. He's wearing gold for a moment. Hi, Tommy. Hi, guys.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm late.
Speaker 4: Damn, you smell good.
Speaker 1: We're not late.
Speaker 4: I love when you hug me because I work alone when you hug me.
Speaker 16: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 8: I lathered it up today because I got to go to work then right to the old tailgate.
Speaker 1: Long day for you. This is a grinder today. I was up at three and I couldn't sleep. It was just fantastic. Well, good for you, man.
Speaker 10: If they're winning by 50, though, are you going to tap out at halftime and go home, or are you going to ride it out?
Speaker 1: That's a great question. I've got to fire up a workday tomorrow, first time I've ever had to do that. Oh, boy. You know you're growing up.
Speaker 4: Oh, man, that sucks.
Speaker 11: Oh, boy.
Speaker 1: But no, it's going to be good. It's going to be great.
Speaker 8: If we have a spicy Friday morning, we have a spicy Friday morning.
Speaker 1: Well said. We've all been there. Yeah. Did we really bet on the— Yeah, I have them 45 and a half. Do we have all those bets?
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 1: I'll read them to you.
Speaker 8: I always forget about the old February bets, you know?
Speaker 1: Those are tough.
Speaker 4: They're tough.
Speaker 9: You guys, this is so good.
Speaker 1: So good. Yeah, man.
Speaker 4: It's all happening, brother.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you?
Speaker 4: You can.
Speaker 1: Four non-blondes. One of my best friends, Jordan Wing.
Speaker 4: Never heard of Jordan Wing.
Speaker 1: Jordan Wing.
Speaker 4: What's his nickname?
Speaker 1: Winger?
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 1: Jaw.
Speaker 4: Jaw. Okay, yeah, not who you're talking about.
Speaker 1: So I'm Ta, and he's Ja. My God.
Speaker 8: So our wives are best friends, Shelby and Cess. They're best friends from high school. And first time I met Jordan, we almost fought. First guy I ever almost fought.
Speaker 1: In my entire life. But now we're best friends. What did you fight over, or almost fight over? I ran up to Shelby.
Speaker 8: Got a little handsy hugged her, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 1: That had to have been the first time. Don Shelby?
Speaker 7: Why are you handsy?
Speaker 1: Where's Don? So Winger says what when you get all handsy with his gal?
Speaker 12: Well, we're at the Kenny Chesney concert circa 2017.
Speaker 8: And I'm probably 0.4. And I'm not, like, handsy, but I pick her up, swing her around.
Speaker 1: As one does. A normal high. 100%.
Speaker 2: And he's standing there pretty angry.
Speaker 1: Sure, put his gal down. Exactly. Don't lift up other people's gals. They're on the same softball team. I probably thought you were.
Speaker 4: Going to check her oil, man. I mean, you came in aggressive.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know him at the time. You didn't know him?
Speaker 4: And you called him that?
Speaker 1: No, Jordan. I said, Jordan, it's okay.
Speaker 4: We're friends from high school.
Speaker 1: And he was not too fond of that. Sure. Of course. So then I left.
Speaker 8: But then about five years later, when I started dating Cess, he's around all the time. So then we're like, okay.
Speaker 1: Now we have to be friends. Now we have to be friends.
Speaker 13: Wow.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute.
Speaker 1: Hold on.
Speaker 3: So you were friends with her, not Cess?
Speaker 8: So they're all a high school friend group. They all went to the private high school. They went to Hill-Murray. And I all went to Montemayor. So I knew all of them.
Speaker 4: Oh, okay. Got it.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay. I wasn't aware of that, by the way.
Speaker 7: Sure.
Speaker 6: Sure.
Speaker 1: So then we, like five years later, COVID hits. I get furloughed, and I need a place to live. Furloughed? Hideous.
Speaker 8: And so I will actually, my apartment rent, or like that year went up.
Speaker 1: Seth and I want to move together. We move in their basement. So then I come fast friends with Jordan. Long story, way longer.
Speaker 8: We love to do karaoke, and his karaoke song is Born on Blondes.
Speaker 1: What's up? Oh, bro. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: He moves to Florida. He's gone. Dead to me. Now, I take over that song. I sing that every time I go to karaoke.
Speaker 10: Will you sing it in Las Vegas, November of 2026? It's a lock.
Speaker 1: Guaranteed.
Speaker 4: Can I ask you this?
Speaker 1: I've been working on a lot of songs. I literally have a full set list of karaoke songs. Can't wait. Wow.
Speaker 4: Can I ask you this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you try?
Speaker 1: And I try!
Speaker 6: Oh, my God.
Speaker 1: Do I try? Perfect. You're my guy now.
Speaker 10: Front page sports with Tommy Olsen after this.
Speaker 1: This is the Power Trip. Morning show on the fan. From the 1-800-ASK-GARY-TRAFFIC-CENTER. This report is sponsored by Gens Ryan Heating, Cooling, Plumbing, and Electrical.
Speaker 7: Good morning.
Speaker 1: On 694 eastbound from 250.
Speaker 16: But the wait list is still open. Join the, listen to the Power Trip. Your chances to win your way in. And on Friday morning. No registration needed. Live broadcast. Any Vegas trip at the show. Up for grabs.
Speaker 1: Details at KFA.com slash 25.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll come back. Okay, before we hit sports real quick. Hi, Tommy, by the way.
Speaker 12: Hey, how's daddy?
Speaker 4: Best day of the week, buddy.
Speaker 1: I'm so amped, you guys. I'm so excited for Vegas. It's like close. I know you guys were just there. Right around the corner. I want to hear all about it.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 1: Circa layout, unbelievable.
Speaker 10: Unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Perfect. Eight plus. Perfect. It's going to be packed. The numbers are massive. We're feeling good.
Speaker 4: We sold a lot of rooms, but there are plenty left.
Speaker 1: You guys, I'm so excited. I'm flying from New York to you guys. That's a pretty long flight, but I'm pumped. Yeah, of course. You know how great that's going to be? Prepared, baby. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Tickle of Matt?
Speaker 1: I already got a couple new shirts. Believe it. Take a little lizard.
Speaker 10: Let's do front page sports. Lots to talk about, actually. Do you want our bets, Cork?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll give you that. Presented by Holiday Station Stores.
Speaker 10: Holiday Station Stores for a limited time. Four Mountain Dews for just $ 8. Ice Cold Mountain Dew. Mix and match any Mountain Dew flavors you want. Regular Dew, Diet Dew, all the other varieties as well.
Speaker 1: Ice Cold Mountain Dew.
Speaker 10: Four for $ 8. With our friends at Holiday.
Speaker 1: Cork, can I squash some unnecessary beef? I never was mad at you guys. I knew I was invited. That was taken out of context. Who told us that again?
Speaker 6: Garzy.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, Garzy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: So I was in here. Can I tell you what happened? I was just like, yeah, we had to record like a little gopher thing.
Speaker 8: And then we were done. And I was just like, yeah, and I just said it like that. And I think he just took and ran with it.
Speaker 1: But the worst part about it.
Speaker 10: Are you going to be there on Saturday, noon to two?
Speaker 1: No, I'm going to be day drinking in Stillwater instead.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Oh, well, thanks.
Speaker 4: Can we join you? Because I don't want to go either.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it's actually for a wedding thing.
Speaker 8: You know, like you get married on a Friday night and then the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Party goes drinking the next day.
Speaker 11: Of course, yeah.
Speaker 4: The wedding doesn't end when the wedding is over.
Speaker 1: 100%. It's the full weekend. Yeah, man. Oh, my God. You can tell it's gopher season. He's so jacked. You guys, I'm sitting there. We record it. And then Chad comes sprinting down, like hobbling down. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: And shuffle, shuffle.
Speaker 1: He goes, delay him, delay him. I'm like, what's going on?
Speaker 8: And there's like something down the line for PA switching to common or whatever, going to Fleck being on or something. And he looks and we're in the score and he looks out into the hallway and.
Speaker 1: He goes, Norto, go tell him. And it's me.
Speaker 8: Standing there and I go, well, thanks. So he made me for Norto, and I got really sad.
Speaker 1: Nothing against Norto. No, nothing against Norto.
Speaker 10: No, nothing against him.
Speaker 1: It just mortified you. I actually witnessed that. No big deal. It just sent you into crippling depression. No offense to Norto.
Speaker 13: No offense to Nardo, you just said you'd spend two hours on the Stairmaster after having said that.
Speaker 10: Tonight, gopher football right here on The Fan. The Gophers take on Eastern Illinois on DraftKings. The Gophers are 42.5-point favorites, but you guys made a bet earlier. Now, Sauce, you have a series of bets with Tommy Olsen. A lot of us do over the course of a week, a year, a handful of years, championship bets. Draft bets, right?
Speaker 1: Weekly bets. You have so many go for bets, but does sauce. You have a current list. Yes, I do. What do you got tonight?
Speaker 7: I have Eastern Illinois plus 45 and a half for a hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: Jeez.
Speaker 7: I have under eight wins for two 50.
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: Yeah. This is all from power.
Speaker 4: I remember doing that.
Speaker 1: I remember under eight. Yeah. So eight is a push. Eight's a push. Okay. Does that include the bull? No.
Speaker 15: No.
Speaker 1: Under two road wins for $ 250. That's going to be a tough question.
Speaker 7: Under five and a half wins, $ 100.
Speaker 4: Every time you do one of these, I tell you not to do it.
Speaker 7: No 2027 first round pick for $ 100.
Speaker 1: I think you might be in on that too, Corey. That's not a bad bet.
Speaker 4: That's not a bad bet either.
Speaker 7: No Natty by the end of 2028 for my 2K for your 500. That one's still around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they haven't won yet.
Speaker 1: I got an idea for that one. So that's 2028. So that's three more seasons? Three seasons. Three more seasons. Give me three seasons.
Speaker 8: And if Notre Dame wins one in the next three, we cut it in half.
Speaker 10: But what's the upside for me? If they don't win one in the next three years, do we double the bet? Why would I give you a free roll to cut.
Speaker 1: It in half?
Speaker 8: Do you remember when the Grinch's heart comes back and it's really small?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I couldn't relate. You could just be like, man, just for Tom's sake. This season could get a little better.
Speaker 7: For his marriage.
Speaker 10: Tommy, if you can't spot the sucker in the first 30 minutes at the table, then you are the sucker.
Speaker 1: Saucy, I think you're making up the eight wins.
Speaker 10: It's from power to bets. Yeah, bets doesn't lie.
Speaker 1: That's bad. Eight? So eight's a push. Eight's a push. Does that include the bowl game?
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 4: For the second time.
Speaker 15: No.
Speaker 1: It should never include the bowl game.
Speaker 10: Oh.
Speaker 1: Because they win those. Well, okay, how about this?
Speaker 8: My $ 10 to your $ 1, 000, Drake wins a Heisman.
Speaker 4: My God, why do you do it? Just give him $ 10.
Speaker 8: In the next before it doesn't have to be this year wins just wins the Heisman or big 10 player of the year, big 10 player of the year.
Speaker 1: My 10 to your a thousand. No. Okay. Core. My 10 to your a thousand. That's pretty good odds. It's like, he's probably a sauce. What are those odds? What? 10 to a thousand. 10 to a thousand.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What are those odds? Isn't that 100-1?
Speaker 8: I'm guessing that's around his odds to win Big Ten players.
Speaker 10: Maybe Big Ten player of the year. We looked it up last week. The Heisman's longer than that.
Speaker 8: What about to be captain of the Gophs?
Speaker 1: Wasn't it like 300-1? They have 70 captains.
Speaker 10: You might be a captain. Wasn't that what Drake was, like 300-1? Jordan Heisman, something like that. We looked it up, but now I'm forgetting what it was.
Speaker 8: I think on this team, we have over 11 guys get drafted in the next two years.
Speaker 1: They're willing to make that bet. Over, under, that or captains tonight? That's a pretty good bet. Thank you.
Speaker 8: I think there are usually about six to 11 captains per game.
Speaker 1: On both sides of the ball.
Speaker 4: You mean you drink six to 11?
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Speaking of that, can't wait. I'm having a tailgate tonight if you guys can come. What up? Are you coming? Brilliant. Oh, no, just save it. Save it for my birthday. That's okay.
Speaker 4: I'm saving it for your birthday.
Speaker 1: Which weekend is your birthday again?
Speaker 4: I'm not going to tell you.
Speaker 1: I don't have it in my calendar. It's the highway. It's homecoming. You have to come.
Speaker 10: I don't think I've ever been back from, but again, I never went to spring jam.
Speaker 1: I just wasn't a true spring jam. No, I didn't go to prom. I don't do things from, okay. Real question. Did you not go to prom?
Speaker 8: Cause you don't like dressing up?
Speaker 10: No, I couldn't find a gal that I wanted to go with. A hundred percent true guy. I've seen the pictures when you look like Eminem.
Speaker 1: I've seen him.
Speaker 10: Okay, that was also when I was 19 and had ridiculously bad dyed blonde hair because it was the summer after I graduated.
Speaker 1: I think you looked really good. That is not true. It was a good look. Not true.
Speaker 4: You tried.
Speaker 13: Oh, my God.
Speaker 8: Did what?
Speaker 1: Tried. Perfect.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: What were we just talking about again there? Who knows? Sports. The women he used to get. Oh, no, no. It was strikeout central.
Speaker 14: God.
Speaker 1: No, this is going to be tough. But, like, eight wins. We just got to do what we're supposed to do. That's it. And we'll get eight wins.
Speaker 4: Hey, Thomas.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You ready for this?
Speaker 1: Let's hear it.
Speaker 2: The 2026 high school football season starts tonight statewide. 99 games kick off Thursday, 72 more on Friday.
Speaker 1: Some trivia to start.
Speaker 2: Do you know who was the last outstate team to win the big school championship?
Speaker 1: That answer in just a minute.
Speaker 2: Today, we highlight three of this year's powerhouses, starting with Minnetonka, led by quarterback Caden Gutzmer, a North Dakota commit. The Skippers open up play tonight at Eastridge. Then there's Shakopee, maybe the most loaded lineup in the state. The Sabres have been building for success the last several years.
Speaker 4: They host Eagan.
Speaker 2: And we finish up today with Moorhead, poised to get back to the finals behind the state's top passer, future gopher Jet Feeney. The Spuds are at Rogers tonight. And they're also the answer to our trivia question. Moorhead, the last out-state team to win the big school championship.
Speaker 1: That was back in 1987. I'm Ryan Phelps.
Speaker 2: They're probably going to win.
Speaker 1: It this year. They have three Gophers on their team. Three!
Speaker 10: How many times has Chisago Lakes won the Natty?
Speaker 1: They're horrible.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Moorhead, the Spuds. You know that that is the only city Rosie owns a t-shirt for that he's never been to.
Speaker 11: Yep.
Speaker 1: Guys, come on, man.
Speaker 8: You know Chisago opened up against Hill Murray tonight?
Speaker 1: That's not going to be good. No, you guys are not good. Are you guys still running the wing tee? I don't know. We're running. Who does Wayne go to prom? I don't know what we do. Do you identify as a Wyzetta Trojan now? No, of course not. I'm a Wildcat. Of course. Never went to Wyzetta. Yeah, good for you. Kids did, or do, but yeah. You're going to be in Shizaga to the day you die. Yeah. Have you made the Hoff yet?
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 1: You haven't? I don't think we have a Hoff in Shizaga. The Hall of Fame. I don't think we have a Hoff. Did he make your Hoff yet?
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 1: He should. What about that other really good guy on your team?
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, he's in.
Speaker 1: Curtis Enos. Curtis Enos, yeah.
Speaker 4: He's in.
Speaker 1: Did you guys have to? You called him Enos the Penis. You guys had to, didn't you?
Speaker 4: You did not call him that. He was much bigger than you.
Speaker 1: I know, but he must have had a hog on him, so you call Enos the Penis. Take a deep breath, please.
Speaker 10: You know, I know you two think everybody needs a nickname. We'll do what really matters after this scores and stats around the world of sports, including the breakdown of this Kawhi Leonard thing. We mentioned a couple of weeks ago, like, Hey, the wolves got the book.
Speaker 1: Thrown at him.
Speaker 10: If the Clippers did this, they need to get severely punished.
Speaker 1: And they did.
Speaker 10: They are, as the kids like to say, cooked. They are cooked for like the next decade plus. They're in a tough spot. We'll talk about that after this. This is the Power Trip Morning Show on The Fan. The Fan.
Speaker 1: Our iHeartRadio Music Festival. Presented by Capital One. Is coming back to Las Vegas. September 18th and 19th at T-Mobile Arena.
Speaker 4: Hey, welcome back to the Morning Show. Nolan Teasley spoke to the press yesterday.
Speaker 3: He was asked about how's JJ's health.
Speaker 1: He's practiced for the last two days. So the issue of the ankle is on the other side of that? Yeah, he's practiced for the last two days. There you go. Short answers.
Speaker 3: He was more vociferous in this answer. When they asked him about his upside, JJ's upside, well, first of all, they said, will he be on the roster on, you know, first game of the season?
Speaker 4: He goes, yes. Unequivocally. Unequivocally. And then he said this.
Speaker 6: He's really talented. I think I said that from the jump, right? He was picked in the first round for a reason. A really good arm strength. Underrated athlete. And looking forward to how he continues to develop in this system. I think the thing you need to keep in mind with JJ is that he plays, he has the hardest job in sport. OK, he's only started 10 games and his story is not written.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but don't forget, again, this is not Nolan Teasley. This is every GM in sports. They're basically their job is to lie.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 10: It's why would they ever tell us 100 percent the truth? They really shouldn't. If you believe the reports from last weekend, they were looking for deals to move J.J. McCarthy and couldn't find one that they liked. So I'm sure a lot of the things that he said about J.J. 's upside quote are true. But the whole like, oh, yeah, he's going to be here week one. You don't think if they got a good offer in the next week and a half, they wouldn't say.
Speaker 1: See ya? I think they would. 100%. So he's got to say that because JJ's on the roster. He doesn't have a choice.
Speaker 10: So he might still think JJ's got a chance. He might still think he's a talented kid. He might still think he has a future. He's not going to tell us, yeah, we're actively trying to trade him.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to get this guy out of here.
Speaker 3: He basically did just say, he's a first-round pick.
Speaker 4: We're not going to just cut him.
Speaker 1: Right, right. Which is fine. Yeah, of course.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right.
Speaker 1: No. And they shouldn't. They should get something for it. That's what really matters. Here's what really matters. It's brought to you by Ovo LASIK and Lens. Dr. Mark Lobanoff. Dr. David Whiting. Go get LASIK from Ovo. It'll change your life, man.
Speaker 10: The NBA announced the punishment for the Los Angeles Clippers of Anaheim.
Speaker 1: Holy cow. So crazy.
Speaker 10: They circumvented the salary cap when they signed Kawhi Leonard a handful of years ago. And after a long investigation, the NBA said unequivocally they did this.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 10: You're going down. So here's what the Clippers are doing. They're losing five first-round picks.
Speaker 13: 2029, 2030.
Speaker 1: That's so bad.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 1: 2029, 2030, 2031, 2032, and 2033. Five straight years starting in 2029. I'll never see their last non-pick.
Speaker 10: They also are fined an NBA record $ 30 million. Now, this is the point where I should probably mention that Steve Ballmer. Is worth $ 150 billion. So the $ 30 million, legitimately, he doesn't give two S's about the $ 30 million.
Speaker 1: Yeah, correct.
Speaker 10: What he cares about, and this is why the NBA kicked him right in the crotch, is he's suspended for a year, can't be a part of the team at all, can't be a part of the league at all.
Speaker 1: Ballmer can't?
Speaker 10: Yeah, no league activities, can't be a part of the team. He has to step away for a full year. But he also just neutered his team for the foreseeable future, right? Because not only are you losing five first-round picks, and as the Wolves saw a quarter of a century ago, and we'll get to that in a second, it not only neuters you short-term, it destroys you because your base is gone. Free agents have almost no interest in going there because they know that the funnel of talent isn't following them, right? So they're screwed for a decade.
Speaker 1: Ballmer's 70, right?
Speaker 10: Oh, you basically just said you really want to bring a championship to LA.
Speaker 1: You cheated. Now you're screwed for the next like 10 years. Yeah. Oh, that's that's forget the money.
Speaker 10: It's it's stripping Balmer of a legitimate chance of ever putting a team together. According to all sources, the trade with the Raptors is still expected to go through. Sham says, yeah, now that's back on. So Kawhi is going to the Raptors. The handful of picks and stuff is going back to LA. So they get some equity back. but they're still losing first-round picks for five straight years starting in 2029.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and the difference between what happened here and what happened in L.A. is at least L.A., and you are correct, though, that they can't really build a team, but they have the advantage of free agency and living in L.A. When this happened to the Timberwolves, nobody wanted to come here regardless, right? And you lose all those draft picks. This is the NBA's version of the death penalty.
Speaker 1: Pretty close.
Speaker 10: So the Wolves back in the day had a $ 3 million fine. They forfeited five first-round picks, but two of them ended up getting returned. So you wonder if the NBA does something similar with the Clippers, where if they're on, quote, good behavior, whatever that means, they end up giving one or two of them back.
Speaker 1: Don't know.
Speaker 10: Glenn Taylor was also suspended for one year, which gave him a lot of time to roast chickens alive. General Manager Kevin McHale got suspended for a year back in the day as well.
Speaker 1: Everybody did.
Speaker 10: Now, again, that was just the Wolves trying to pay Joe Smith under the table. This was having outside clients give him ridiculous endorsement contracts.
Speaker 1: And didn't they pay his uncle like $ 700, 000? Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so that's also going back. So Kawhi Leonard, by the way, is not getting suspended. He is going to have to pay the NBA $ 700, 000.
Speaker 1: Which is nothing for him. No.
Speaker 10: And according to the story I read this morning, the players union is basically saying that Kawhi got taken advantage of by his uncle.
Speaker 1: And that he was mostly innocent in all this. Really?
Speaker 10: I don't know how much I buy that, but that might be harder to prove.
Speaker 1: Just like lawyers looked into it or something? Pablo Torre.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Pablo Torre started it. He does a podcast. He used to work for ESPN. He's outstanding.
Speaker 1: You'd recognize his face. He was just like, this is fishy. I'm going to look into it.
Speaker 7: I'm sure he got a source from somebody. He said it on his podcast months ago. I thought it was a... He.
Speaker 1: Just goes, this doesn't feel right. I'm going to figure this out. He said it was happening.
Speaker 13: He fully exposed everything that was going on. The Clippers adamantly denied it. A bunch of former NBA players were on his ass and saying that he was wrong. Mark Cuban and Mark Cuban were having public debates about it.
Speaker 1: What? Yeah. It's been a saga. Well, good for him. This is the same bomber stuff, right?
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: He had a nice little victory parade yesterday on social media.
Speaker 1: He should. He should, yeah. What was the Kentucky guy? There's Kat, right? You guys said take Kat over. Oh, Jaleel Okafor. Yeah, but PA wanted Willie Cully Stein. Oh, my God. But what really matters is this.
Speaker 4: I can't say I blame him. I don't know who that person is.
Speaker 1: You love Willie Cully Stein, right?
Speaker 4: I like people with three names.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 4: I'm going to do it anyway. I loaded it in.
Speaker 3: Do you guys know who Aaron Sorkin is?
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 4: He's got a new movie coming out called The Social Reckoning. It's about Facebook.
Speaker 1: It's the second of the two.
Speaker 3: The first one was about the development of Facebook. This one is about when it was exposed what Facebook did and knew what they were doing. And I heard an interview with Esquire this morning with Aaron Sorkin, and it was very, very interesting. And there were two parts in particular that I took out of it. I'm going to play you the first one here. The movie comes out on the 9th of October, by the way. This is at the end, him talking about the size of Facebook.
Speaker 4: So check this out.
Speaker 14: What social media was in 2010 when the social network came out, and certainly what it was in in the mid-aughts when Facebook was invented.
Speaker 9: It's very different than what it is now.
Speaker 5: First of all, when the social network ends, we put up on the screen that it has 500 million users, which it was meant to elicit a gasp from the audience that it could have that many.
Speaker 1: It's quaint now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's 2.8 billion now, which, as one of the characters of the movie points out, is more than twice the size of the largest country on Earth. I don't want to get the stat wrong, but it's about a third of American adults get their news from Facebook.
Speaker 9: That is very dangerous.
Speaker 5: We're no longer agreeing that the sky is blue and two plus two equals four.
Speaker 9: And people are living their lives online.
Speaker 1: So obviously it has a corrosive effect on everything.
Speaker 9: It does. By the way, let me be clear.
Speaker 5: I don't think that Mark Zuckerberg ever intended for it to have a corrosive effect. I think his intentions were always good. He was somebody who, like a lot of people, had difficulty fitting into the social structure of college life.
Speaker 3: So that's interesting, right? Those numbers are sounding. And if you think about it, I thought about this on the way in. Most of those people, I wouldn't say most, a lot of those people are people my age because young kids don't use Facebook at all anymore.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: But the people who vote are the ones, you know what I mean, right?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But here's the, and then I got one more for you.
Speaker 3: This is, he, and apparently part of the social reckoning, a big part of it, Corey, is going to be how much responsibility Facebook itself has for what happened on January 6th. And he makes a really good point here. And I had never heard this before. This is pretty interesting.
Speaker 9: Facebook did in 2018. They were in trouble.
Speaker 5: Engagement was going down. Their users were getting older. There was competition from TikTok. And they had to do something. And so they retuned their algorithm. whereas it used to be that the best thing you could say to the algorithm was that you liked something. They retuned the algorithm so that a comment was worth five times as much as a like, an emoji was worth 15 times as much as a like, I'm not sure why, but the important thing is that a reshare, henceforth, would be worth 30 times as much as a like.
Speaker 9: Why is that significant?
Speaker 5: Because they knew that the things that get reshared the most are rage bait. And so they began pumping into the water supply and the air supply all.
Speaker 9: This stuff intended to make you mad. Certainly draw a line from that.
Speaker 1: To January 6th.
Speaker 4: Interesting. I can't wait to see this movie. Did you guys see the.
Speaker 1: Cast of this movie? It's unbelievable. No, who's in it? Jeremy Allen White.
Speaker 4: He is Mark Zuckerberg.
Speaker 1: No, that's Jeremy Strong. Jeremy Strong's from Succession.
Speaker 4: Oh, that guy?
Speaker 1: It's Kendall.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, wow.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Stud. Yeah, he's a fantastic actor. So good.
Speaker 10: And then Jeremy Allen White's also in it, and he's the lead on The Bear.
Speaker 11: The Bear.
Speaker 14: Yep.
Speaker 13: Mikey Madison from Menorah.
Speaker 4: That's not The Bear you watch.
Speaker 1: No, The Bear. The one that Dave Schwartz hates.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The TV show. No way, Jose. It's a TV show. I was going to say, I've never heard of that. You guys, we made it.
Speaker 9: It's game day.
Speaker 12: Game day.
Speaker 1: I couldn't sleep either, Tom. What time are you up?
Speaker 15: Three?
Speaker 10: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, that's normal Thursdays. Three to five. That's great. That's the best.
Speaker 4: We'll talk about that here in a minute.
Speaker 1: Where's Liam? Maybe he didn't pass. He said seven o'clock at seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he comes in at seven. Oh, yeah.
Speaker 1: That's pretty cool about Facebook, though. I never really knew that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's interesting.
Speaker 1: Massive amounts of people.
Speaker 8: I don't get what he means, like times 30 times five.
Speaker 1: What does that mean? Well, um.
Speaker 4: The amount of... Okay, if you share something.
Speaker 1: The stickiness kind of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you share something, that means you agree with it. So it gives you 30 times that amount of that what you just shared.
Speaker 1: Oh, onto your feed? Yeah.
Speaker 13: And it's way more likely to pop up on somebody else's feed.
Speaker 4: If you like something, it would give you something you like back. Now, if you share something, it gives you 30 times that. That's why you get so much pornography.
Speaker 1: So more likely to go viral. On Instagram, when I've told you what's on my feed.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's why.
Speaker 4: I got to show you something, by the way. Okay, sounds good.
Speaker 1: More of the Power Trip Morning Show. More of what really matters.
Speaker 10: More Gopher football talk with the Fargo Flash. Tommy Olsen, Ben Lieber on his way in. More after this on The Fan.
Speaker 1: The Fan.
Speaker 10: From the 1-800-ASK-GARY-TRAFFIC-CENTER.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by KFA.com.
Speaker 4: Tommy and I just need a treaty over here.
Speaker 1: What kind of a treaty?
Speaker 4: We have an order of events.
Speaker 14: I guess.
Speaker 1: Order of. Is this terrible?
Speaker 4: Not even close.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay. It's something, you know, I used to do it for Eddie, too, so it's all good. Well, that could be anything.
Speaker 10: All right, let's do more of what really matters, but we can kind of slowly transition into the world of college football and.
Speaker 1: What's going on.
Speaker 10: Because, yes, go for football tonight, 7 o'clock, right here on The Fan. Pre-game, I assume at 5? Yes, sir.
Speaker 1: Eastern Illinois, they....
Speaker 10: One last week, Fargo, they're one of the teams that's already played, and their running back put up 170-plus, including an 88-yard touchdown run. I asked Grimmer this yesterday. Is he good, or is it just the opponent's not?
Speaker 14: The opponent.
Speaker 15: They were 3-9 a year ago. They played Alabama last season. They lost 56-0 to Alabama. I think you guys talked about this a week or two ago. When you rank all the college football teams, they actually fell below Mankato in those rankings. So they're They're an FCS program that's getting the big check to come to Huntington Bank Stadium, and it's a little bit of a warm-up. I would assume that most of the starters are pulled by halftime if it goes according to plan, but.
Speaker 1: You never know. It's a big spread. Let's just go, Tommy.
Speaker 10: Let's go worst case scenario just for a second.
Speaker 1: Just for a second.
Speaker 10: So this would be a worse loss than Bowling Green. This is like worst loss in franchise or program history.
Speaker 15: This would be board up the program and cancel.
Speaker 1: So can't lose to them, right?
Speaker 6: Zero chance.
Speaker 1: I don't think these type of losses... ever happen really. It couldn't happen. This is Appalachian State beating Michigan, right?
Speaker 9: It'd be worse.
Speaker 1: How do you measure disappointment, then?
Speaker 10: Is a 21-point win frustrating, or is.
Speaker 1: That the minimum?
Speaker 15: Even last week, USC was playing San Jose State, and I sent a picture to Hockey.
Speaker 1: No one showed up at the Coliseum. How about that? That was unbelievable. They won 42-26. They have to be disappointed.
Speaker 15: USC's a team that's outside looking in right now, but you can see themselves playing into the college football playoff. So these early games, they do mean something in terms of momentum.
Speaker 1: Momentum does matter.
Speaker 15: And so this is where you've got to unleash Drake Lindsey, and you've got to throw the football enough to kind of build some momentum. This isn't where you just run the ball and run the clock. You have to work on the development because the bolts are different when you're not going against your own team. It's a real opponent. They're going to be doing things that we probably don't expect. So you have to see how do we adjust to different fronts and schemes, but you need to, and more than anything, what I'll watch for tonight is how fast we come out of the, come out of this game. Like our offense, I think, you know, that's, that's from last year. I don't think we scored in 10 games.
Speaker 1: The, the opening drives of last year, one for 12, one for 12. Yeah. You got to score. You have to, you have to score early. You have to score often.
Speaker 15: And so, so it's, I would look for Drake to throw the ball early and then mix in some Darius.
Speaker 1: And so it's for.
Speaker 15: Me, I'm going to watch the offense the most to see how explosive it can be. And then defensively, there's a, and we'll talk about this more, but there's a, little bit more of an inexperienced weakness in the interior line. So if I'm Eastern Illinois trying to run the ball and run the clock, I'm going to hit inside and see if those young defensive tackles that are unproven can be formidable and stop the run.
Speaker 8: That's I think when you said the USC score, I was thinking about, I was like, I'd be pretty happy with like a 48 21 game tonight. And the offense looked good.
Speaker 1: I truly would like in the offense was just humming. I'd be super fine with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Cause I know the defense is going to figure it out.
Speaker 8: It's if the offense comes out humming and we run for like 150 to 200 yards and Drake goes like 12 for 18.
Speaker 1: For two touchdowns, I'd be amped.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Great.
Speaker 1: That'd be perfect. Start to the season. I just want to see like Drake to take the next step.
Speaker 8: Just like humming, like our offense just looks like it's like gelling and moving before we move on.
Speaker 10: Can I just say you're holding up the sporting news, college football, 2026 preview. I feel like now that sauce and I are in our forties, Sue and Chris is obviously in his fifties. Like now the whole show is essentially like, old man saying back in my day, right now we're all there. Um, yes, there was something so cool about getting season previews in a magazine form when you would flip. Cause now all of those opinions and projections are available to you in two seconds. You just Google like, and there's 15 people that have written in-depth articles. But back in the day, there was only like one or two or three. So you were like, I wonder what sporting news says about the gophers. And you couldn't wait to flip to that page. and see what they said.
Speaker 1: Sporting news brought this back.
Speaker 15: This is why there's actually people that want to go old school and have a hard copy.
Speaker 1: This one had not been printed, I think, a decade. So it's back this year. So, Tommy, what does it say?
Speaker 8: It says 10th season.
Speaker 1: That's what they highlighted.
Speaker 8: And?
Speaker 1: Winning percentage of.
Speaker 8: 600.
Speaker 1: Best since Bernie Beerman since 1950. Yeah, you're 10th.
Speaker 8: And 7-0 record in the Bulls in his last 10 years is the best in school history.
Speaker 1: So they just highlight every good team.
Speaker 10: So they're not really saying what this team has. They're just saying this is what they got. They have a consistent coach for the first time in a long time.
Speaker 1: It's just optimism. It's all about Drake.
Speaker 8: And they just say it's optimism after an 8-5 season last year.
Speaker 1: Hopefully, Drake takes the next step. And that's pretty much if you don't.
Speaker 15: Really take a deep dive and you look at it at a high level. But those headlines are pretty important. In this day and age, to have a head coach... to get to double digits in terms of years, 10 years he's been here.
Speaker 1: So impressive. It just doesn't happen.
Speaker 15: So he's the second longest tenured coach in the Big Ten.
Speaker 1: He's got a.
Speaker 15: 39-40 Big Ten record, but he's brought us to postseason.
Speaker 1: He's won all those games.
Speaker 15: The main thing that's set up here is in year 10, if you go back and look at the body of work, there was a 6-3 season in 2021. There was a 7-2 season, this is Big Ten record, in 2019, which is his third season. This has the makings for the breakout year. And, of course, we'll go game by game in a little bit. But the experts besides us are saying, boy, the schedule doesn't have the two big, the new guys on the block, the guys that are predicted to win. There's no Ohio State. There's no Oregon. So from a schedule standpoint, it's favorable.
Speaker 1: And then you bring... Even with Indiana and Michigan and Washington and State. Not the two big dogs. Mississippi.
Speaker 15: And then you bring back a quarterback that shows the promise that some people believe is a first-round pick.
Speaker 1: We haven't had that type of talent here. Can he be a first-rounder? He could be. I agree. I don't think we've had this much talent since 2019. I truly don't. Totally agree.
Speaker 8: This roster has more talent than 2019 does.
Speaker 1: We forget, though....
Speaker 8: We're three plays away from that 2019 team being an eight-win team, seven-win team.
Speaker 15: And a play away from being 11-1 and winning the Big Ten.
Speaker 1: That's how close these games are, though. We forget that.
Speaker 15: When we break down the schedule, what I believe the key to this team will be is I think nine of the 12 games will be one-possession games.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. God, you see, it's so clear. So one possession game. Can you win all those? Can you go undefeated in those? That's what I mean.
Speaker 8: And then Justin and I are going to give you a name each on offense and defense that we have to watch.
Speaker 1: That's going to be a breakout player. All your hands up.
Speaker 7: Will you break your five-game road losing streak this season?
Speaker 1: Is that right, Saddlebags? September 26th. At the toughest place to play in the Big Ten, which is Washington. Don't you worry about it. Are you worried? Are you stop worrying about it? I got some good value with eight wins.
Speaker 7: They have that, uh, sporting news fantasy magazine at circa in our room.
Speaker 1: So they're fully back, man. Yeah. You guys, it's just exciting. We're back. Like seriously, like it's just so good. You can feel in there today. It's high school football's back tonight. That's huge. How great is that?
Speaker 15: And then a Tonka and Moorhead are the, are the kind of more.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: More at four gophers and a kid going NDSU and, St.
Speaker 15: John's takes on a big opponent this week, I think, in lacrosse. And Bethel takes on a big opponent as well. And those teams face each other, I think, October 2nd. So there's 91 games.
Speaker 1: Of college football this weekend. So if you happen to have some time. Hell yeah.
Speaker 12: St.
Speaker 1: Thomas? They took a next step. Old St. Thomas, no? They struggled against Winona.
Speaker 10: Dude, was there anything better than airplane magazines that you specifically got?
Speaker 1: No, I don't mean buying stuff.
Speaker 10: I mean, like, when you went to the airport and went through the magazine racks, you're like, what am I going to read for the next three hours when I'm on a flight? Now everybody's got TV shows or whatever loaded on your phone or in the back of your seat.
Speaker 1: You didn't like Sam Hall, though?
Speaker 10: Well, sure, but I'm just saying it was super cool to be at the airport going at the magazine rack. What do I want to read for the next three hours? It was the best.
Speaker 15: I flew home last night from Charlotte and I watched, I think, episode four of Hard Knocks.
Speaker 1: Yes. Man, do they suck in. The Seahawks are great. I am such a fan. I love the Seahawks. They do a great job.
Speaker 15: When those two guys got hurt, the safety breaks his ankle and the receiver blows out his ACL.
Speaker 1: God, I almost started to cry. Don't you love him? The culture he's created is so great. It's amazing. You know what?
Speaker 3: Now watch yesterday's press conference with Nolan Teasley and you will see the exact same thing. In fact, the phrase 70 and not 53, 70. Nolan Teasley said that twice yesterday.
Speaker 1: That's really cool. What does that mean? That's a practice squad and everybody involved?
Speaker 3: Just because you're in the practice squad doesn't mean you're not on the team.
Speaker 4: We don't have 53 players.
Speaker 1: We've got 70 players.
Speaker 10: What's the financial drop for Brosmer to go from the 53 to the practice squad?
Speaker 1: I think it's like $ 700, 000.
Speaker 8: I think he makes $ 200, 000 on the practice squad.
Speaker 1: PA said. And if you're on the active, you're $ 850, 000. When they trade McCarthy, though, he'll be on the team. active roster. So 850 is the minimum I found you're active? Yeah, I believe so. But 200 is a practice run.
Speaker 15: But 850 is minimum. Maybe because he was a quarterback, he would have got more. He made a lot of money last year.
Speaker 1: Good for him. That's good living. Alright, what really matters though is this.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I forgot we were doing that. Wrapped up in college football.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hawk loves it.
Speaker 7: How about this, Hawk's daddy? Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Sunday night at 630. At Lambeau.
Speaker 1: At Lambeau. That's pretty sick. Notre Dame is a 20.5 point favorite. Good. Bury them. God, I hate Wisconsin. But their schedule? Easy schedule. They had the hardest schedule ever last year. They did. Ever. This year? I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if they get eight or nine wins this year, too. I agree. Wisconsin or Notre Dame? Notre Dame's going back to... Well, yeah. Notre Dame wasn't playing. I think it's going to be Notre Dame-Miami back in the natty. I think Miami's going to win the whole thing. Miami at Stanford tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Stanford's been an asshole for the last few years.
Speaker 4: That sucks, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when they could run the ball. Remember how good they were in 2012 running the ball? God, with Toby.
Speaker 4: Toby Gerrard, everybody.
Speaker 1: That was sick. That was so cool.
Speaker 3: By the way, the USC game was last week with San Jose State.
Speaker 4: They said it was 112 degrees in the seats.
Speaker 1: Oh, hideous. God, that's horrible.
Speaker 3: Even people who did come were like trying to stand in the shade by the concession stand.
Speaker 1: At USC, right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, at USC.
Speaker 1: That was my first game ever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember. You played kickoff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Marquise.
Speaker 8: That's Marquise, baby. I was peeing behind him in the locker room before the game. You should have used that. And his piss was like gold, like hungover gold.
Speaker 1: Your mic's on. And I told my dad.
Speaker 8: I was like, Dad, I think he's going to cramp up.
Speaker 1: Cramped up in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 5: He did.
Speaker 1: I saw it so clear. Max Shortell.
Speaker 7: You were analyzing piss?
Speaker 12: Well, I saw it clear. He crammed up and definitely wasn't clear. He was not clear. But, like, that's serious. You should have offered him some water.
Speaker 10: What an unbelievable cover, though, that you were analyzing the cramps.
Speaker 1: You weren't even on the team. I was just curious about cramping. That's why I was looking. You know.
Speaker 4: Eyes forward, Tommy.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 4: Eyes forward.
Speaker 1: You're what the star used to say. You're not supposed to.
Speaker 4: Be inspecting the equipment.
Speaker 3: Poor man's trying to have a moment to take a piss.
Speaker 1: But I was right. He cramped up.
Speaker 4: Well, all due respect.
Speaker 10: I've been in public bathrooms for 46 years. I've never seen the color of another man's urine.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 10: Even if you can see the stream, you're like, well, I'm not going to look long enough to analyze like, oh.
Speaker 1: That is a solid goal. Can I offer you some water, sir?
Speaker 8: I'd argue that's false because sometimes when you're behind, you can see between their legs.
Speaker 11: No, no, no.
Speaker 1: Stop, stop, stop. That's where you're wrong.
Speaker 10: The rest of us, Tommy, aren't looking between the man's legs to see the color of the urine.
Speaker 1: How about this? If he didn't flush, you can see the puddle of what it was. So there you go.
Speaker 14: Tommy.
Speaker 1: Eyes up, please. Oh, man. You need help.
Speaker 9: And I tried.
Speaker 10: You definitely tried. Hey, Tommy, how would you analyze these four gentlemen? Well, their urine is definitely for non-blondes. It's solid gold over there.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm telling you guys, that was like scary because it.
Speaker 1: Was so hot. You were right. It was cramped up.
Speaker 4: How do you approach that conversation? Because you're doing him a solid job.
Speaker 1: When you're a true freshman.
Speaker 4: I'm watching him piss.
Speaker 1: Who was your coach? Was that Brewster? That was Coach Kills.
Speaker 10: Can you imagine walking up to Kill as a freshman and going, Coach, I know I shouldn't have been looking, but Marquise is gray. His urine is solid gold. We need to get that dude pumped with electrolytes quickly or this thing's going to go south.
Speaker 1: We probably would have won his first game if I told him. Truthfully.
Speaker 10: I wonder what Kill would have said if you had said, I just analyzed our quarterback's urine.
Speaker 1: Eye test, by the way, not, not, not through medical exams. Just, just absolutely. It might've been too late. Couldn't taste the electrolytes. No, no, but it was, I get it. It was hot. Have you ever analyzed another teammate's piss? Guarantee.
Speaker 7: He has guaranteed from the source, from the source, like from, as it's leaving the human.
Speaker 10: You ever seen it hit the urinal and be like, that guy's going to cramp up later.
Speaker 1: That's the wrong color.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How often, Ben? I bet you the linebackers used to, like, pee on each other in the showers. Ben, how old are you?
Speaker 2: 48? 47.
Speaker 1: So you're 47.
Speaker 10: In 47 years, have you ever been standing behind somebody at a urinal looking between his legs and go, oh, boy, is he dehydrated?
Speaker 1: Or in trouble. Do you want to? You ever seen that?
Speaker 15: No, but.
Speaker 1: You kind of judge.
Speaker 9: I guarantee.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: No, but when we had to do the. When the guys had to do the drug tests. Yeah. And then you'd walk out with your little cup of tea. You would make comments like, dude, you got to drink some water. That is very different, Tommy. See, very different. What Ben just said is completely normal. Yeah. Completely normal.
Speaker 4: The Vikings got those things now, though, when you– Yeah.
Speaker 1: They tell you, right?
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So you need to drink some water.
Speaker 1: Before that technology. We only had like, no, there's pictures of colors of your pee.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So then you just kind of got used to judging it, you know? Yeah.
Speaker 10: And that's how it was just spilled all over himself.
Speaker 1: That was the best man.
Speaker 10: He tried to open the door and it just splashed all over himself.
Speaker 1: Oh, that was, that just made my day. Ever since I was judging my own, I would always judge other people's pee. It depends on how you see their pee.
Speaker 16: If you're looking between their legs, if you're obscuring your teammates.
Speaker 8: I'm not directly looking at their crank. I'm just looking at the color.
Speaker 1: When they're in the urinal? Or in the showers, whatever. You guys would do that. No, hold on.
Speaker 15: First of all, your teammates peed in a community shower?
Speaker 1: All the time. Come on, dude. Especially after the game.
Speaker 15: At K-State, wasn't it a community shower?
Speaker 1: It was a community shower. That's what I'm saying. Did you guys have the tower shower? Yeah, that's what I'm saying. You guys had a tower shower and then pee on the... Not at the U anymore. No, we were on the walls. But on the road... On the road, after a win, and you had the tower showers, and there was one in the middle, and there was probably like six spigots coming around? Yeah. Just to be standing there and like piss on someone's leg. Come on. And then they don't notice because they think it's hot, and then you look, and then you laugh as a brilliant bit. You should be in prison. Tell me how funny that'd be. After a win? You know that's funny. After a win, that'd be funny. After a win, that'd be funny. It's not like you're doing it after a loss. It was after a win.
Speaker 15: Free!
Speaker 1: That's funny. That's a good bit. We started that in high school. Tommy. Fraz actually started that in high school.
Speaker 15: Hey, Tommy.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: How badly do you miss pissing on dudes?
Speaker 1: And name a few dudes you'd like to pee on. Fraz actually started that bit. But, like, I think it's funny. He's, you know. It's funny.
Speaker 4: He's a trendsetter.
Speaker 10: Tommy, this would be the most meta thing of all time. What if you're peeing pure gold and Schmole is peeing maroon?
Speaker 1: Like, it's blood. Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 10: Then you guys are literally crossing the streams, of course, and you're peeing maroon and gold.
Speaker 4: Doing it for the squad, bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro. No, I believe you guys both bleed maroon and gold. Uh-huh. I mean, I go next level and piss in a game. If you got hit in your spleen, there's a chance, you know, that could happen.
Speaker 7: And if, yeah, if any problem, Tommy does too, because I got it from the same source.
Speaker 1: You guys, that's, that's, you know, that's pretty funny. Like Abby funny. It's a good bit.
Speaker 10: This is honestly what I love about our show is there's a chance that like PJ Flex, like I wonder what Flash and Tommy are saying about the season opener tonight. And then they heard us break down you staring at men peeing for 10 straight minutes. Don't say it like that.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what you said.
Speaker 4: He's just.
Speaker 1: Ben Lieber is here. Fargo Flash is here. Tommy Olsen is here.
Speaker 10: More college football talk with these fellas after this on the Power Trip.
Speaker 1: Morning Show on the Fin. From the 1-800-ASK-GARY Traffic Center, this report is sponsored by Quantum Fiber Internet. We have delays on 94 eastbound from Maple Grove Parkway to Weaver.