Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to say.
Speaker 1: Hey, welcome back here, my ba Patrick morrisher Here we are ladies and gentlemen. Yes, it's all happening. Our off season is beyond, but the NFL continues playoffs starting on Saturday. The very first game on Saturday is a three thirty games that two thirty our time or three thirty our time, thirty hour time, Rams and Panthers. Panthers hosting the Rams.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: The Panthers beat them at home earlier this year.
Speaker 3: One of the best regular season games I watched this year. Hopefully it's just as good.
Speaker 1: Yeah mine? Yeah, and four v five is always a really good game. Yeah mine? You got that right. What's your name by Sauce? Yes, sir, Do you have the list of teams we will play this year?
Speaker 4: No, but I can get it quickly. Okay, Packers, Bears, Lions.
Speaker 1: That's right, you do the rest.
Speaker 2: I think they played the Bills at home, don't.
Speaker 5: Let's but this computer is one of us.
Speaker 1: One of us is gone too soon. I think the Google works here. Okay, well you know what it's cool? No nothing else, Okay, here you go away games Bears, Packers, lines, the Jets, the Buccaneers, the Saints, the Patriots, the Rams. So we'll go to l again there. What's your name, Ben, Yeah, that's name. Home games, Bears, Packers, Lines, Falcons, Bills, Panthers, Dolphins, Commanders, Colts.
Speaker 2: Not a terrible schedule on paper, but obviously.
Speaker 1: Never know, I mean Jets, obviously.
Speaker 2: And is it the Saints?
Speaker 4: Is that the one that might be that theoretically could be in Australia overseas? Yeah, Australia, the Rams, France Frances. I think is the Saints game.
Speaker 2: I think the Rams are Australia, that's what you said.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I think it's I think it's ooh ooh what the latest Saints planned Paris game may not happen in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Why not, Well, there's no.
Speaker 6: Agreement in place with any cities or countries beyond the one that well, the ones that have officially announced.
Speaker 2: There's no definitive timeline for an announcement.
Speaker 6: And uh yeah, so they're saying they hope to play it, but there's no guarantee they will play it in Paris at the oh boy studied the fence, but.
Speaker 2: Studied that sentence.
Speaker 4: Nobody asked you to say, where do you think they might? You could have said I can't pronounce, I'm just going to skip it, but you went for it.
Speaker 2: I like the bravery.
Speaker 1: Zachary Well said, it sounds like what you did in history class.
Speaker 2: Studied well.
Speaker 4: Either way, to those of you part of the Vikings radio network, best of luck in either France or a's straw you down the road with the Rams.
Speaker 2: Who knows, cross your fingers. Maybe you guys are still going to be international travelers.
Speaker 1: We are going to go to Paris that I do want to study Defrance.
Speaker 2: Study Defrance. Paris is badass.
Speaker 7: So did you say did you say that there's no definitive international games at all right now or just correct for us.
Speaker 2: Anyway beyond the ones that have been announced?
Speaker 4: So that because the Paris one, because yeah, all those are all said the one when we talked about the Saints and potentially the Vikings like a month ago, that the Vikings are one of what is it three or four teams that are like on that possible schedule because they don't do Division games almost ever, right or do they ever do them?
Speaker 1: No? I don't think that.
Speaker 4: So you take those out, it's really like four teams and the Saints have a game, uh potentially in Paris, and we're one of the teams that we have to play, so it's like possible.
Speaker 1: I was just hotually wanted a bunch of more and forms next year.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, one in four something like that, one in four or five to play the Rams. Yeah, we have to my gosh, yeah, to have to go to cover it. I don't think so, yeah, we got to cover it.
Speaker 7: I mean I feel bad for Paul Martin and his staff that has to handle all the logistics. But I love the International games like awesome. I kind of wish I mean I kind of wish that we did one every year.
Speaker 1: Yeah that sure, two weeks is good.
Speaker 2: No, no, I don't want to do the two weeks.
Speaker 7: But again because by day ten, I'm like, get me out of here.
Speaker 9: But they did back to back weeks that they wouldn't have an international game.
Speaker 7: That's what I thought, too, is that and maybe that is the case. I mean that's not like I have any direct knowledge, but like I thought, when we agreed to do the back to back this year, that was like, okay, now you guys are exempt from doing it next year. At least you'll get a one year break. But I don't know if that's actually the case or not. I think it's everything is this kind of year by year. I think I think all the concessions that we got were for this year, this year only, not for a next.
Speaker 4: Year, especially when the NFL is trending towards every team plays one international game a year. That's the long term goal anyway, So why not just start getting into that loop?
Speaker 2: Anyway? What's the difference.
Speaker 1: We might play the Panthers in Venezuela. This is tough, that's.
Speaker 2: I mean, we could probably do what we could do that now. I couldn't do that last year.
Speaker 6: I really would be worried about that one though, because I mean, Caroline is really good now.
Speaker 1: It'd be a tough battle.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I can't do it, okay, dude, right right, Yeah, I just I just wish that.
Speaker 7: I just wish in from a from a like a selfish perspective, that we didn't have this contract with London, because then I would like really open us up to all the international games, because I really want to go to Germany, like I want to I want to play there. I heard, I heard the game's awesome there.
Speaker 2: There's a lot. But I'm sure you guys met him too.
Speaker 3: When we were international, I met so many different Vikings fans from Germany, Like there's a huge Vikings contingent in Germany.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I keep going. I know, why not? Yep, why not.
Speaker 1: Let's get it.
Speaker 2: Let's get let's keep going, especially when they're road games.
Speaker 6: It's time Fan five on the Power Trip, presented by Builders and Remodelers.
Speaker 1: That's right from the Bell Bank Studios. Here's Corey Cove.
Speaker 2: Oh everyone, Hi, Hey.
Speaker 4: The Timberwolves won one fifteen over the Wizards and had thirty five.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: They host Miami tomorrow at seven o'clock. The Wolves are sixth.
Speaker 2: In the West.
Speaker 5: God, that overweight, hideous human fell Oh are.
Speaker 2: You going over to help me up?
Speaker 1: How far did you follow?
Speaker 2: He felt at this basement.
Speaker 1: His bullet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's used to it. The Wild they're at the Kings tonight at nine thirty.
Speaker 4: The Wild loss five four to the same King squad in a shootout Saturday night in La. But during the seven game road trip the Wild they're three to oh and two.
Speaker 2: So whatever if we're gonna lose losing overtime right the.
Speaker 4: Wild they're finally home Saturday against the Islanders. But they still have two more games on this road trip. They Wings tonight and then they are at Seattle on Thursday. A couple of days off.
Speaker 2: In between there. I wonder what they're gonna do.
Speaker 1: He relaxed.
Speaker 2: Probably they mc gone for two weeks.
Speaker 4: And the reason why they've been gone, Zachary is the World June's.
Speaker 2: What the World Juniors? You got to take that.
Speaker 1: On two weeks.
Speaker 6: Sweden beat Finland yesterday and Checkia beat Canada in a thrilling semi finals. So now it's going to be Finland and Canada and the bronze middle game at three thirty Grand Casino Arena. Then at seven thirty tonight it'll be Sweden and check You for gold.
Speaker 2: If that doesn't move for me, I don't know what will look.
Speaker 1: Ma's good hockey. Let's go. Let me guess tickets are still available.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean it's I mean it's a bigger ran. Yeah, it is Ben Thursday.
Speaker 4: The college football playoff semi finals begin Thursday, number ten Miami versus number six Old Miss at six thirty, and then on Friday, number five Oregon versus number one Indiana at six thirty. The championship game is Monday, January nineteenth. That's in Florida. So Miami, Ole Miss, Oregon, and.
Speaker 2: Indiana are your final four?
Speaker 7: Oh oh hey, rose Man, I'm I'm obviously like a lot of people here, I'm cheering for all Miss.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I I'm guessing that they have the firepower to to get around this Miami defense. Chambliss is gonna have to play out of his mind once again, so I'm gonna go ole Miss. It's hard to go against Indiana right now. I'm gonna go ole Miss Indiana in the championship game.
Speaker 4: If you had to take right now, Indiana or the field, who do you take to win the whole thing?
Speaker 2: Great question? Uh, Indiana. I think they're just on a magical run. Anybody else want the field?
Speaker 1: No? No, Grease, I love gambling.
Speaker 2: Thank you? Come on, buddy, you got this? Yeah, I'll take the field. Yay.
Speaker 1: You gotta still play with your piss.
Speaker 2: Hot way that without talking to me. I'm in all right, Sure I got Indiana and go Hoo's yours?
Speaker 1: Sure? Why not?
Speaker 2: You got the field?
Speaker 1: Sure you've been on fire man, So I don't know the wor make a chance against you.
Speaker 2: But let's go. Yeah, that's why I'm a little hesitant. But yeah, it's a new year.
Speaker 7: Wipe the slate, clean your your joe, your your mojo from twenty twenty five is over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but how about your mojo again?
Speaker 4: You dominated justin Knzimius in college football.
Speaker 2: And sports seasons not over yet?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what isn't it something like I don't know what the number was, like fifteen and three years, I got the same number.
Speaker 7: I gotta finish strong if I if I was pretty good, if I lose on a you know, if I end the season on a two game losing streak, that's not doesn't feel good, even if I'm fifteen and five.
Speaker 2: It's something like that.
Speaker 4: Though, you're you have a crazy record this year against flash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been a good year against the year. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, you guys are launching twenty twenty six.
Speaker 9: Hot Yeah on the show this morning, get.
Speaker 2: A bunch of bets going on.
Speaker 4: Power trop Bets tweeted the other day that your one good idea for the year was.
Speaker 2: To keep gambling.
Speaker 4: That's right, because you know we've said for years it sauce comes up with one really good idea year, and we had mentioned in November December, We're like, oh, man, I don't know if he's got one this year. Well, Bets said he has had one, and we didn't know what it was. And then Bets on Twitter said that it was to keep gambling.
Speaker 2: That's just really likes me, he really really does.
Speaker 1: But that is a great idea.
Speaker 2: And then the no, you're off to a good star.
Speaker 7: It's nice to be like, yeah, I've already got I've already got two hundred dollars out there for you and we got golf bets coming up.
Speaker 2: Great, you said the first one you're in for the Masters, right, So that month away, that was.
Speaker 7: A little fomo that I was not a part of that one. Everything else you guys could have case. You guys a catcher just tuning in.
Speaker 1: You didn't hear Stefanski's out after six seasons in Cleveland and Raheem Morris out in Atlanta after how many times? How many years was here? Yeah?
Speaker 2: This was his year two? Yeah?
Speaker 4: How about Stefanski six years and two Coach of the Year awards thirty three percent of the time he won Coach of the Year and he's still fired.
Speaker 9: Cleveland did him a favor by that firing Oh, for sure, he's going to be in a better situation wherever he goes.
Speaker 1: So Cleveland, Atlanta, New York Giants, and Tennessee Titans all looking for new head coaches.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and probably the Raiders. Yeah who else? Not officially, I think the Jets will fire Aaron.
Speaker 2: Ye. Yeah, it's horrible. They they're just awful and they can't imagine after one year though, but why.
Speaker 5: I get the Pete Carroll age thing, but they're going to fire him after one year?
Speaker 7: Yeah, but that was I felt like that was even a reach at that point time, like let's see, let's see if this guy still has a little magic, you know, with Aaron Glenn, he's still so young, he's got more energy. I just think they have to give him a longer leash. The other well, oh, two things. So Atlanta, they fired everybody. It's head coach GM and McKay the CEO. So CEO's out. Who they think will be Matt roll too, Yeah ceo got fired.
Speaker 1: Wow wait a minute, Matt Ryan.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Matt Ryan they think is going to come in as a front office person that kind of help rebuild that that franchise. You've heard the same thing, right, Yes, I wouldn't put it past Miami to fire McDaniels either. McDaniel, Yeah, I still think that he's on the hot seat, even though they I think I think Ross said that he's not on the hot seat. I I don't know. There's something about him that energy wise. I'm like, I don't know. You how do you roll it back in twenty twenty six with him again and you don't have a quarterback?
Speaker 2: You have a quarterback?
Speaker 4: Did you see the hot rumor over the weekend that your guy Philip Rivers might be in line to be a head coach in twenty twenty six that he's done quarterbacking, But there are people that believe that Rivers is going to try to get it, Yeah, that he's going to try to coach, and that they believe that he's going to get in in high school NFL.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 7: I just based on the little that I know about him personally and for my here, I think it's a zero percent he does that.
Speaker 4: Because if that's the case, if he came out of retirement when he could have been in line to potentially be a Hall of Famer pretty quickly here, now that clock starts over and now you're like hearing these head coaching rumors, You're like, maybe he just really does want to get away from the ten kids that he has, because he's clearly looking for a job.
Speaker 7: No, I think he loves being the head coach of that football team and coaching his son and coaching most likely his other sons playing football way too much, and he's he doesn't. I don't think he wants the baggage and the time away from family to be.
Speaker 1: A head coach.
Speaker 2: NFL dot Com.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yesterday I said teams have done research on Colts quarterback Philip Rivers as potential head coaching candidates. So maybe it's more the teams are interested in Rivers as opposed to Rivers being interested in teams.
Speaker 2: Who knows, but either way, that'll be an interesting thing to keep an eye on. Sure, I mean, I'd love to have my name in that report, wouldn't you.
Speaker 7: I mean I think everybody'd be like, well, it's flattering that they're looking in They're like, but I think when when it really comes down to it, if he was offered a job, I think that he wants to be a high school coach for his family to be around. And then you know, maybe in the future when his kids are kind of done and he's kind of scratched that itch, then maybe, but I don't see it happening this next year.
Speaker 1: I'd be really shocked if my name was in there. Yeah, I would too, really would be like, no, Kidden, Wow, I wouldn't be at Hawk.
Speaker 2: I would not be at Chris Hawk. No, Chris.
Speaker 4: There's some lists I would not be surprised to see your name you that is one me for the Colts head coaching job. No, he obviously wouldn't be with the Colts, would be with somebody else. But still he's going to get interest.
Speaker 1: I'd love to throw some love while we're talking, if you don't mind, to the Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: River Falls Falcons.
Speaker 1: Falcons who won the Division three football national title game and they got to play and lovely Canton, Ohio, where you guys will be in eight months?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, did you get tickets to it?
Speaker 3: Hot?
Speaker 1: I already did you. I got the tickets in Amelia Suite, which was where.
Speaker 4: It was really behind the time. Well, you guys know Rosie's not listening right, No, but we should actually go one year Hawk? Please do what if he's playing? Remember you didn't you lose twenty bucks to me this year. Yeah, I paid you, Yeah, because you bet that you would go to the Hall of Fame game. There's no way. And of course I said, if you go, it's totally worth me losing twenty bucks. I'll gladly pay twenty dollars to make you go all the way to Can't know how I watch a terrible football game, but.
Speaker 5: You think you're going to go, Well, I mean, what if the Vikings playing it, Hawk would already be there, Hawk.
Speaker 2: Would have to go. You're telling me you're going to go.
Speaker 4: Oh, you would complain the whole time.
Speaker 1: It's a lovely stage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm trying.
Speaker 1: Yesterday frozen solid. Yesterday it was yeh yeah. Did you see those.
Speaker 2: Highlights they were watch the game? It was great.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 6: They were struggling and the all was flying everywhere. It was clearly a little icy out there. Some guy fell into a snow pile.
Speaker 1: It was great.
Speaker 6: But uh yeah, great job of the Falcons. It was David versus Goliath or Central had I think won like their last thirty games or something like that, and there was no chance that River Falls is gonna win, and they came in and they just.
Speaker 1: They did it. They did the thing. They did it, hey Ben, and yeah, listen to this man, Michigan State's wide receiver Nick marsh. Sure, they're leading wide receiver six foot three, two hundred and three pounds sophomore led the Spartans and receiving and back to back seasons. That's a huge bitch. He just committed to go to Indiana to play football next year. It's happening. Yeah, I think they just culture change, man.
Speaker 7: I think they picked up a big time quarterback transfer as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Joe Montana Wow, yeah he's seventy anything wow?
Speaker 2: Oh Joe Montana Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the actor yeah, great player Mountaine. Yeah. Anyways, happening.
Speaker 7: And it doesn't sound like, unless I'm not understanding correctly, it doesn't sound like Indiana has one of those or do they do they have?
Speaker 2: Do they have a giant nil now or is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think they do, and not the whole Cuban thing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he's yeah, he's put, isn't he?
Speaker 1: Yeah that's what I heard. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, not like drug money from Cuba. It's actually more Cuban.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So how much is Mendoza making this year? Do we know that?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I feel that the reason the reason why I hesitate is because I feel I was like, I think there's a big donor, but I haven't heard money being thrown around like.
Speaker 2: Some of these like Texas Tech. Let's just say, right, eleven point six? What what you said, Mendoza is making eleven points?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: I thought you know coach my fault. No, no, no, the quarterback. Yeah, it's got to be what maybe five?
Speaker 4: I would guess less than that isn't like arch making somewhere in that four ish range. And he's about as high as it gets. They say he's estimated to make two points. Yeah, two sons more believable. That's still not so good for him. Yeah, yeah, is an arching that four or five range?
Speaker 2: I think?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And he has like eight.
Speaker 1: He's looking good. At the end of the season. Man, kid's figuring it out.
Speaker 2: He's going back. He'll probably be the number one pick in the twenty twenty seven drive.
Speaker 9: Two point six million dollars and free school man, And did you say preschool?
Speaker 4: A lot of motivation to go to class if you're making two points, man, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what gets me motivated. January eighth, which is what Thursday. Thursday The Pit season two HBO Max. If you haven't seen season one, get started.
Speaker 2: It was great.
Speaker 1: That's a great season. Tebody says, yep, and how about this? Do you know the Zecho Beast games? Yes, comes back Wednesday. I'm primary day. Oh boy, I didn't know that first season really pissed me off.
Speaker 2: Those people are so dum god.
Speaker 1: You want to be disappointed in society? You know one of them can stand up and scream I'm not a racist. Everybody hates each other.
Speaker 4: That was the lowest rated game of the year was when they had to declare whether or not they were racist.
Speaker 2: It was a hard watch. It was a hard watch.
Speaker 1: They hated each other. Yes you did?
Speaker 4: You continue to power through on pluribus or not? Or is Zaby just off the train? We've watched now four episodes. You can't do it halfway through.
Speaker 7: Halfway through now now it's one of those things where we'll probably just finish it.
Speaker 2: But I gotta say, like, I like it, don't love it? Oh, okay, fair enough. It's not pulling me like right as I say it.
Speaker 7: Right now, I'm not thinking about when I'm watching it again or when I can carve out some time got you, you know, but I will probably finish it.
Speaker 1: It's Landman, that's the spot.
Speaker 2: No, I've heard. He's Michael J. Mussman. Stamp of approval.
Speaker 8: He's right.
Speaker 9: It's so good, it's so good, such great, great.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Tom Shane loves it, really good.
Speaker 2: It's real good. Tom Shane loves Taylor Sheridan film serious.
Speaker 1: It's Billy Bob Thornton. Why don't you guys get it right? It's great. Yeah, he and Sam Elliott, they're on the screen together.
Speaker 9: It's just magic hell Yeah, Ali Lrder head harder, Yeah, buddy, how good was the best medicine on Fox debut last night?
Speaker 1: You know I was disappointed, little bit. I'm not gonna lie to you. I I thought there'd be more nudity. Yeah, that's right, you were.
Speaker 2: I was pissed.
Speaker 1: I'm like, where's the slabs? Honey?
Speaker 2: You called my dad? Honey. Headlines is next to The Power Tip Morning Show on the Fan.
Speaker 1: It goes Maxo. He's out one final segment with Labor Mussman and a cast of thousands. That is the Power Trip Morning Show on what is the first day of our new year. The parts of Morning Show. Here we are kaf dot com slash watch from the Bell Bank Studios.
Speaker 2: Did you know that, Benjamin? I did know that. Yeah, how about that? That's huge?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we should have more signage in here for bel Oh we will.
Speaker 1: We should get a belt.
Speaker 2: Or a bank thing. Yeah, oh a bank would be grailing only atm'd be sweet. Never go ATM. You never do anything. I learned in clerks to tell me what to do. Now it's time for head line headlines.
Speaker 4: Here we go, Benjamin, let's start a twenty twenty six off right by learning some garbage gabbage.
Speaker 2: I love this stat. Then we'll start with you.
Speaker 4: According to a recent poll, give me the percentage of Americans that read zero books in twenty twenty.
Speaker 7: Five, that physically read they said did not listen to books.
Speaker 4: Umm, not sure, but let's just argument's sake. Let's just say reading zero books. However, you want to interpret that.
Speaker 2: That read zero books?
Speaker 4: What percentage of Americans say they read zero books in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 2: Mussus.
Speaker 9: Personally, I'm sitting at one hundred percent, but I'm going to say that it's going to be seventy five percent.
Speaker 4: Sauce, Yeah, seventy hawk thirty percent Zachary sixty okay, forty percent of America and said they read zero.
Speaker 2: Books in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: It's too bad.
Speaker 2: It is too bad.
Speaker 1: There's so many great books book Oh, I love it.
Speaker 2: I love the book. The best books are turned into movies. Just wait it out.
Speaker 4: Oh, I know it is crazy though, like in our profession to I read constantly. I just don't read books almost ever. Right, I'm all biography doesn't count.
Speaker 1: Corey Wow.
Speaker 4: I do listen to a lot of podcasts that are informative, not necessarily just you know, like this show on repeat.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't read books though, almost ever.
Speaker 1: Which is weird because you're a nerd. I know, I know, should should be more of a book reader. But I was at the new Barnes and I'm sorry. I was at the New Barnes and Noble right over here. They moved the one in Plymouth from Target. Now they moved it over by Olive Garden over here of Hopkins Cross Road. It feels more like a bookstore now. It's cool. I really like the place. And Alec Alan Askins our buddy here from the parts of Mornes, who has a new book out there. I haven't read yet, so I'm excited to do. A local author is really good. But I'd encourage you to go to this bookstore. It feels really really quaint and warm in there.
Speaker 8: Bin.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm with you. I I'm a dork like that. I could walk around Barnes and Noble for hours.
Speaker 1: I did Saturday night.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think it's I think it's and then and then I get paralysis by analysis and I don't buy anything because I'm like, well, I don't know, I don't know which one I'm going to buy, as if I have, I can only buy one. I don't know why I feel like that, but I oftentimes will walk through and just be like, I walk out with nothing.
Speaker 9: But yeah, I do book reading. You're doing is just the spine as you're just walking by.
Speaker 2: I know I do.
Speaker 1: I read books.
Speaker 7: I actually do order a lot of books and have them shipped, and I do intentionally do it from Barnes and Noble, not just from Amazon. Yeah, but uh, I love like book reading at night is my ambient and I read every single night before bed.
Speaker 1: I guarantee you anybody out there who has trouble falling asleep if you read instead of doing anything else, specifically being on your phone, you would go to sleep quicker. I guarantee.
Speaker 4: A Disney World employee is recovering after he got nailed by a runaway boulder at the park's Indiana Jones stunt show.
Speaker 1: I tell you, I've seen the video of this. I have to overrated. It's a it's a big bouncy rubber ball.
Speaker 2: It looks like the thing from American Gladiator.
Speaker 1: I understand.
Speaker 9: Was he the stunt stunt guy that plays Indiana Jones or some guy.
Speaker 1: As like a security guy into the crowd, going into the crowd as if it were a real boulder. I don't mean to discount what the guy did. I'm glad you were heroic, but they made it sound like the guy stood in front of a train.
Speaker 9: Did he splat onto the ball?
Speaker 1: Hit the floor pretty hard? Hit hit the flow?
Speaker 2: The free advertising, but why not?
Speaker 4: I hop has a new all you can eat pancake deals starting today.
Speaker 1: Man, I can eat about three.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think that's the genius of the promotion, right is It sounds so good in print, like I'm going to have forty I hear about three pancakes.
Speaker 2: You're like, I'm full, that's enough. That's enough. Pancakes. Cakes are great. They are great.
Speaker 7: I feel like every breakfast spot should have all you can eat pancakes because it gets just like you say, get people in and gets you all ribbed up excited, and you realize that the three flapjacks, you're like, I'm.
Speaker 4: It's like, it's like the bottomless steak fries at Red Robin. It's like it sounds awesome and they're fantastic. After about a basket or so, you're like, how many more fries can I eat?
Speaker 2: If you were twenty three years old, you're.
Speaker 4: Like, keep them coming. I could sit here for six hours at our age.
Speaker 2: Is one's enough?
Speaker 1: I didn't hear no bell? Right, you know, the worst thing in the world has been the Discover Strength in Plymouth yep is right beside Red Robin. Getting out of your car and walking into Discover Strength to workout instead of walking into Red Robin is a tough decision.
Speaker 2: That's your first exercise of the day. Yeah, that is a tough decisions.
Speaker 1: Gosh, it smells almost caused right now. Damn that place smells good.
Speaker 2: You're pissed.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. It's a hidden gym.
Speaker 6: It's a hidden gym because it's not like I mean, it's popular, but it's not like in the Daily Talk. No, it should be one. The pricing is great, they're very cheap. It's it's a cheaper burger than McDonald's.
Speaker 1: In most cases. I'm serious. Yeah, I love their raps and their diet.
Speaker 2: All right, I've got to go. Yeah we should go. I gotta try that gingerbread bit that everybody talks out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this looks great. I think I should go. Yeah, a Ben, I know you got to go in a second, So let's hit this up. The Stranger Things finale made as much as twenty five.
Speaker 2: Million dollars in theaters.
Speaker 4: So I didn't know anybody that ended up doing that, but apparently across the country a lot of people did. And also the Prince songs that were featured in the finale, Purple Rain and When Doves Cry both got a streaming boost about that from the show. So here's my question for that, because you know, I obviously I noticed both songs. I thought that was awesome. They both fit the vibe of the show perfectly. When those two songs played, I wonder what person like what demo is The ones that said I'm gonna go look up that song, like, is it older people that are like, man, I have listened to Prince.
Speaker 2: In a long time. I love that.
Speaker 4: That reminded me I should probably hit up some prints more than I can't picture, Like, there's no way. My eleven year older, my twenty year old was like, God, I love those songs. I wonder who played them, and I'm going to go stream them. That's got to be older people that just have the nostalgia with kids.
Speaker 9: Yeah, if you're watching them with your kids, though, there's a chance that you're gonna be like, oh, you have no idea about Prince, and.
Speaker 2: I could introduce them to that. Yeah, didn't didn't that Kate Bush song number one? It went.
Speaker 7: That's not it, no, no, and it's and that song still has a giant, giant of the show.
Speaker 4: And that song, that's a song. I didn't even know that song until Stranger Things. I completely missed that growing up. I had no idea.
Speaker 2: No, that's That'sborne Scorn.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah you can Osborne course, absolutely yeah.
Speaker 1: Shoot with us.
Speaker 2: Ben Leeberg, great season, Ben love you, I love with you.
Speaker 1: I hope I get to do it again. Loveyboddy, thank you Avatar.
Speaker 4: Fire and Ass has surpassed eight billion dollars at the box office. I don't love Fire and Ash. I just don't want anybody that's seen it.
Speaker 1: I have not. You know, I thought about going, but they're so long.
Speaker 2: They are about three hours long.
Speaker 1: That much seems like you're that's you're going in and paying somebody to give you a job.
Speaker 9: And I know you're supposed to go to the theater because it's just that much more spectacular.
Speaker 1: That's three hours. Man, there's kind of be some pausing and me go and take a pee.
Speaker 2: No, no, me go take a pee.
Speaker 10: Go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, I'm here. What your bunny does.
Speaker 2: You can hold it for three hours easily? Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's a freaking nature Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't. Really.
Speaker 4: I can go to the I go to the bathroom before the plane takes off. And whether it's a three hour flight to Vegas or a nine hour flight to France, I can hold it the entire time. But first of all, international flights, most of the time you're sleeping anyway, You're not hoarding it for nine you're holding it maybe for three and then sleeping the other six.
Speaker 2: I can hold it for nine he'll hold it for you.
Speaker 1: If I go it past four hours, I have to go to see a doctor.
Speaker 2: That's are you okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's right.
Speaker 11: But I don't know anybody that's seen it. It's that a billion dollars. I thought about going to see it. I also thought about going to see Kill Bill, but I couldn't pull the trigger on that either. Yeah, four hours, I can't do. That's harder when it's four hours and it's a movie that you've seen before.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's a good point. This is the way it was supposed to be, right, Yes, this originally.
Speaker 2: Filmed as one Yeah, great movies. I want to see him again.
Speaker 4: That would be That's one of those movies. If you haven't seen it would be awesome to see that in the theater.
Speaker 1: I have not.
Speaker 2: It's worth it.
Speaker 1: Do you'd love it?
Speaker 4: Kill Bill is fantastic, it's exactually as you can get.
Speaker 2: And Uma Thurman is taculate.
Speaker 1: Uma oprah.
Speaker 2: I take UMA's fine either.
Speaker 1: I know, Yeah, I'd like both. Is that was that an option? I didn't hear.
Speaker 4: A guy in New Jersey stole two mandolins from a music store three days before Christmas, and then he brought him back and left a note that said, sorry, I was drunk.
Speaker 1: Bruce Hornsby Mandolin rains one of the songs here. It's good.
Speaker 2: No, I got it.
Speaker 1: You don't see a lot of mandolin thufts. You really don't, not anymore.
Speaker 4: Raise your hand if you believe Sauce can correctly spell the word mandolin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he can. I think he's gonna get lucky on this one.
Speaker 2: Get lucky, Zach, Yes or no? No, I'm sorry I can't spell it.
Speaker 4: So all right, so one no, one yes and one. I think he's gonna get lucky.
Speaker 1: I think he's gonna get it right, sat.
Speaker 2: Good start? Wow? Is it m A N.
Speaker 1: D O L I n cam nailed it?
Speaker 5: Damn I've listened to the Bruce Hornsby's.
Speaker 1: Wait for yeah man.
Speaker 2: McDonald's is facing.
Speaker 4: McDonald's facing a class action lawsuit claiming that the McRib actually doesn't contain any rib.
Speaker 1: Meats and I'm more likely to eat it knowing that. Yeah, you're weird about that. I don't like bones, dude.
Speaker 2: Oh well, your sister does.
Speaker 1: Well, that's probably true. She is a safe worker, and I'm not ashamed of her. I love her. Anyway, no matter what she does for a living, just wish she wouldn't do it in my backyard.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's illegal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I mean.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know these predictive market things like cal she and now DraftKings and FANDOL. Everybody's getting into these bits where you can just predict things instead of just sports betting. You can just bet on absolutely anything. Right, you have an opinion and somebody wants to bet against, you can just do it on all these different apps.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: So someone had just joined polymarket and made four hundred grand betting on Maduro getting captured. Was on the other side saying, but the point is is is with all of these things now, it's like if somebody's doing that, if somebody's betting that much money, they probably had inside information.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, So.
Speaker 4: That's that's the problem moving forward with all of these different predictive markets. Is not just sports prop betting, like Jontay Porter with the Raptors saying that he would, you know, get four rebounds or something on purpose. Right now, it's stuff like this. It's you don't just randomly join an app and bet four hundred grand that a president's going to get captured. Unless you have a pretty good source that that thing's going down.
Speaker 9: Correct Again, think of all those other people that were like, I'm in you have a problem, stop betting on you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but what what better to bet on than something that you know is going to happen.
Speaker 2: That's the best, right.
Speaker 4: It's like when Rosie bet me that Justin Timberlake would do an homage to Prince and I'm like, what are you talking about? I'll take that bet. Of course he knew. Of course I walked right into the trap.
Speaker 2: Son of him.
Speaker 4: I know I fell forward. I deserved it. I told him that I go. I deserved to lose. I should have known what a sentence this is. Will Smith has been sued by his former tour violinists for sexual harassment and wrongful termination.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I saw that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe it's a dude as well.
Speaker 1: It is absolutely Yeah. I didn't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I didn't know there were violin songs, yes, little Smith's repertoire.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't know we're going to Miami at a violin in it. That's exactly what I just said. But he didn't say the he didn't say the name of the song.
Speaker 1: That is I didn't know the name of the song player. Does that change anything? Sure? I just wanted to say a fiddle. I know, I know.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you're getting accused of sexual harassment, the word fiddle is probably in the sentence anyway.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, please don't diddle the fiddle, right, yea ye?
Speaker 4: Like for example, for example, in the last twenty four years, has Pa fiddled with my sides?
Speaker 2: Yes? Sure, yeah, I haven't seen him yet.
Speaker 4: A twenty one year old walked into a Walmart in Illinois on New Year's Eve around seven to twenty pm.
Speaker 1: That sounds right, It's not maybe the.
Speaker 4: Best place to be on New YEAR'SZ but she maybe she had maybe last second supplies, right, So she walks down one of the aisles.
Speaker 2: She goes to the camping section.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cam with you.
Speaker 4: She takes a couple of cans of camping fuel to the store's baby section, what, dumps it all over multiple cribs and then lights a match, throws it into the cribs, and walks out happy in a year. Yep, the store was completely packed. Apparently on New Year's it was full.
Speaker 1: The hell was her problem? Not sure?
Speaker 4: But the store sprinkler system did put the fire out good. Eventually they tracked her down. Uh, she's gonna be going away for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: The store says she caused around five million dollars in damage. She's in She's going to be due in court on Wednesday. No again, I've said for I don't know the last couple of years that I've wanted to dabble in Arson. This is just flat out Arson. Yeah, this isn't dabbling. It was though, I don't know. And your plan is to get away with it too. Well again, you might just go into a wall. But my plan is but this could have hurt somebody, right, I've said, I don't want anybody to be hurt. I just want to burn something to the ground, that is, you know, like burnable.
Speaker 2: O burn my self esteem to the ground.
Speaker 1: That's true too, But we all laughed and laughed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I don't want to profit off of arsen. And he did it for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I did it for the audience, Yeah, because some I did it because I know people who are listening going dear God. So I have to be the person that relays that audience information to this room.
Speaker 2: This good point, it's good point.
Speaker 1: It's a factory service.
Speaker 2: Thank you, muscle. Get this reveence. It's like a bridge.
Speaker 4: I'm a wormhole from both universes, the audience to the powers of Morning Chap.
Speaker 2: I kept that in the eighties, I did.
Speaker 1: I was really worried about it. Turns out goes away on its own.
Speaker 10: Blue.
Speaker 1: Hey, I got a good news for you, Kirk. Can I tell you because we got a little bit of time to go down and Nevada's casino gaming revenues continued their climb in November, as the industry brought in more than one point three billion dollars. I guess it's turning around out there. The Nevada Gaming Control Board reports. The figure represented an increase of two point four percent over the same period a year ago. The numbers came despite a drop in the Las Vegas strip, which so what they're saying is people are gambling more and there's less people never mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we could have told you that, No kidding.
Speaker 10: They got us guys. Yeah, well, we don't need everybody, We just need the ones. We probably need the whales exactly. But that's the complaint is that they're that's always out the middleman.
Speaker 1: Absolutely the truth. It's absolutely the truth, and I speak representing all the middlemen. Yeah, I can't tell you how much money I've lost in Vegas.
Speaker 5: I didn't gamble. Oh yeah, you got loss going from casino to casso.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And plus those bars are expensive. You passed out before the completed the act.
Speaker 2: It sucks. It sucks. It sucks.
Speaker 4: If they had some moneyball guy or galgo like, hey, I know a way we can make more money, and they realize that this was the plan, that we actually need fewer people. We just need to squeeze the bigger whales more. But what sucks is if they're right, then it is going to continue to punish the rest of us moving forward, for sure.
Speaker 2: Ye sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something's going to have to happen for the rest of the people because they've given up on the rest of us they only need the whales.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, yeah. I mean.
Speaker 4: God, I love Vegas. It's my favorite city on Earth. I just don't want to pay, you know, twelve dollars for a bottle of water.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I don't understand that part of it.
Speaker 1: I do like going out there to go to concerts. I wish I didn't gamble when I was out there. You know what, I mean, I wish there was a place I could go to see concerts like Get the Sphere and Brian Adams and all these different bands in one night and not have to be stuck in a casino because I can't stop. It's one of the best places to get high.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's not wrong. There's lots of lights.
Speaker 1: That's bob cratching.
Speaker 2: What just happened? Oh? God used to get after all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it didn't sound exactly I know it, but it didn't sound like.
Speaker 4: I think Tiny Tim microdose, Like, yeah, he's dead now, I mean he's been dead for one hundred and fifty years or what? Oh spoiler, he gambled too much away? Yeah, twelve dollars bottles of water for Tiny Tim.
Speaker 1: Did you see the list of movies coming out this year.
Speaker 4: There's a million of them. Yeah, most of them are franchise films.
Speaker 1: Ray Ray Fines, Roughian Is Find Yeah, he's in twenty eight years Later Films.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah, that comes out in a couple of weeks. The Bono Temple people are saying he's unbelievable in it.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you got. That comes out on the sixteen Great Actor Scream seventh, seventh, Yeah, Tamble's back. I have you seen the trailer for Nate Bargatci's movie The bread Winner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks pretty good.
Speaker 1: It looks very wholesome, and I love it. I think it will He's great. Yeah, Nateland, Man, I think it's gonna work. Let's see. Ryan Goslin's got a movie coming out about Devil Worst Product two is coming out.
Speaker 2: Saw the first one.
Speaker 1: That's good. It's good. I know you're excited because Jared Letto's get a movie and what she plays Skeletor.
Speaker 4: I know, Masters in the Universe. He's a freaking skeletor what. Yeah, that was a pretty good skeleton what they couldn't find anyone else?
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 1: Have you guys heard of a movie starring Paul Rudd and Nick Jonas called Power Ballad? Oh, oh, Jesus, Jesus, was that Bob cratch It again?
Speaker 2: I have heard.
Speaker 1: I haven't either, but I gotta look down Bad Zach Ballad Toy Story five. Man, it's gonna be some say. I cannot wait to see The Odyssey starring Matt Damon, Christopher Nolan, and Tom Holland. By the way, yeah, that's it'd be great, man.
Speaker 2: Story.
Speaker 1: I cannot wait. Christopher Nolan doing uh, you know The Odyssey.
Speaker 12: Jeez, come on, and and uh, let's see there's another Spider Man movie coming out, Coyote Versus Acme, starring Will Forte and John Cena.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be a cartoon, right, isn't that the one that they didn't trying to think? Oh, I don't know anything about it.
Speaker 4: Oh the Avengers Doomsday comes out around Christmas time this year.
Speaker 1: That's that's right now. And doing part three December, just.
Speaker 4: A couple of weeks away from the New Thrones. Been off to Night at the Seven Kingdom. I think it's a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: I'm stuck on the throne. It's it's about uh you and about ten minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a documentary about constipation.
Speaker 1: It's called The Angry Dragon. And if I have to ten minutes, we're all going to be in trouble.
Speaker 2: Michael J.
Speaker 4: Mussman the third also nice job this year, as well.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank.
Speaker 2: Three, Game the Past time, game Board Central, the whole bit.
Speaker 1: How many years years? That was my seventeenth season. Good for you, Yeah, no, thank you, buddy, are awesome on it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: You're the John Harbaugh and Mike Tomlin of the Fan are sticking around, sticking around. Good job man, Thanks, I appreciate We'll see you next week. Yeah, absolutely all right. The Power Trip wanted your returns tomorrow five thirty to nine nine to nude this next time
Speaker 1: And Forday you have Dama, be careful covering and can't wait to see you.