Speaker 1: The show, and he's out them alongside Jason Williams and Jason we're gonna start our show with a little breaking Bengals news hit me.
Speaker 2: Cincinnati Bengals head coach Zach Taylor announced that the team has released wide receiver Jermaine Burton. Yes, the team announce, so it has waived him.
Speaker 3: So there's your news. How many games have you been active this year?
Speaker 4: Zero?
Speaker 1: Zero? Right, yes, zero?
Speaker 2: And then this weekend he didn't make the trip to Buffalo, and it's like, here's the thing, man, when t when T Higgins went down, Like, that's your prime opportunity and he's still inactive.
Speaker 1: I mean that's what you always tell Like I tell my kid and kids your your coach say, look, just just keep working because your chance will come. I mean, you may not like the circumstances now, but something's gonna happen. Somebody's gonna get hurt. You're gonna find yourself in the game. So just make sure you're ready for when that moment happens. And his came and went. T Higgins was down. Could it really use a big play wide receiver to stretch the field and he wasn't ready to go? And now despite many other other problems he has, and now they're finally saying we can't.
Speaker 2: Finally guy, Finally, you know, they moved on. And that was the twenty twenty four third round draft pick. Off the top of my head, yes, yes, yeah, right, thank you, thank you, Addie. You know, they took a fly on him, and that was obviously the buzz and Nick Saban had had made comments like, you know, questioning him, and obviously he had played at Alabama, he played at Georgia as well. You know, tremendous, tremendous talent, But talent's only going to get you so far, especially in the league, especially what you know a little bit about.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, you see a bunch of guys come in and they look like this, and they run this and they benched this, and you're like, oh my god, this guy's getting ready to just just tear it up. And it doesn't happen because they're not focused, they don't have a based of fundamentals, and they have distractions and it's just been everything when it comes to that guy.
Speaker 2: So I'm telling you, and you know, Mike Brown has always been kind of known, much like his father, as the quote great redeemer and you know, like to take guys. They needed some help, and they hung in there with him much longer than probably any other NFL team would have. And finally, you know, if the Bengals have said that's it, we're done that that I'd be surprised if this guy you see this guy in the NFL again?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Did they give a reason for why he was suspended this weekend rather than just being inactive like every other game?
Speaker 3: As of yesterday?
Speaker 2: I was asking around about it and there was not nothing was known in terms of I don't know if anything ended up leaking out or something, but from what I could tell and what I was told, that there was nothing. There was no reason given.
Speaker 3: Gotcha, all right?
Speaker 2: So he was inactive, didn't make the trip, and it wasn't real injury related, right.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: So yeah, if you're just joining us the breaking news, wide receiver Jermaine Burton has been released by the Bengals, and if we find out any more info in that, we'll be sure to give it to you. So let's pivot a little bit here, Jason to the game yesterday in general, I mean, a heartbreaker, but you can say that about a lot of Bengals games this year. First of all, I'll say this just from a pure just entertainment standpoint, the first half of that game seen maybe the best like dual quarterback play I've ever seen. I mean, both and Al were just throwing balls that I was even I was watching a little bit of with my dad. I'm like twenty years ago, Like no one even attempts that passed like where you fit it in like between four guys. Coach would say, you're crazy, why would you throw that? And they just do it over and over and over again. Well there was the one.
Speaker 2: I mean, both those guys had two where they just they squeezed it in h Allen that scrambled out and you're like, he's gonna I mean, he's just gonna to throw it away here tucking in. He's not gonna get the first that it was third down and they were in the red zone, and then he just I remember because Barrett Carter had his back to uh and he just somehow, Like I mean, there was four guys around the defense and it was one of those I don't really even know if you blame the defense as much as like the fact that this was a broken play and he just somehow threaded some needle and found the guy. It was almost I think thrown behind him slightly.
Speaker 1: He broke the rule that every quarterback coach and offensive coordinator tells you, which is, if you're rolling out, you never throw a ball late across your body across the middle.
Speaker 3: And he did and it it always seems to work when he doesn't.
Speaker 2: So maybe he's in Burrow through that one to Chase Brown there in the in the corner right at the corner of the front corner us of the right by the goal line. And that was that was just that was also incredible and dang it, Rocky, it's a dang shame that we're not going to get to see those two again in the playoffs or potentially. Yeah, the fact that we're not going to get and we're going to get another uh January without Joe Burrow and the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what you want to.
Speaker 2: See those that, like I remember growing up watching football, like you know, those were the matchups that you that they had, like, uh, it was the quarterback that you know, I'm thinking John l Way you know from me, Burnie Cozar and Jim Kelly and those those are the quarterback matchups that that's why those teams were in the playoffs, and you live for that, and I mean obviously you know, the TV networks love it, and uh.
Speaker 1: We all love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's like, it's just a shame that we're not going to get to see that or potentially even see that in the AFC Championship game or somewhere along some along along the lines in the playoffs, because I like and again, I think those are two teams that could go either way, and it just you know, it'll be It just came down to Burrow through you know that guy. That guy made a great play on that.
Speaker 1: That made a great play and and I didn't hear the conversation, but it looked like it was gonna be a different play, probably a run play, and nobody saw saw the coverage out there and said boom, okay, basically you know a little screen that's a that's an extension of the run game, right, So you just it was.
Speaker 2: Kind of weird too, like I don't know, like if he went back and watched it, like the way it was almost like Burrow was trying to pop it up. Like the way he threw it. It was kind of like he was almost like pushing it up.
Speaker 3: Like he didn't pop it enough.
Speaker 1: No, he did not.
Speaker 3: That made a great play. That was that was an incredible and I mean.
Speaker 1: Burrow certainly deserves criticism for you know, how great he was. But but I mean, throwing back to back interceptions is never good, even though it was just a phenomenal play the guy made.
Speaker 3: But but I.
Speaker 1: Mean the loss in all this that the defense kind of came back regress back to the norm that we've seen most of the year. I mean, if they don't, you know, if Turner doesn't knock that ball out of James Cook's hands on the goal line, they go up much earlier. In that game, in the second half, Bengals couldn't really stop anybody. The thing I couldn't understand is the amount of times Josh Allen ran.
Speaker 3: For yardage up the middle. I just so frustrating.
Speaker 1: I know for a fact that during the week they said, look, hey, we cannot give up vertical rush lanes this guy. So when you're rushing the past or you got to maintain gap integrity, lane integrity, you know, just kind of push it back, don't get too wide. And twice it happened. Once he had a forty yard run and then on the basically the final play of the game, the yeah, the third and fifteen there, so that was I just think it still comes down to j in this This defense, as I have said, and I'm sure you have said, it just doesn't have the talented enough players on it to be able to because you're not gonna be able to be perfect every time.
Speaker 3: Sometime you just need a guy to just make a.
Speaker 1: Damn play, and they don't really have that guy that consistently can do that, or two guys or three guys like some defenses do.
Speaker 2: And what what should be concerning I think for Bengals fans is that you know, the the defense, it had played better and played better in the first staff yesterday, and it had played better the last few weeks, and you're like, oh boy, like and again, now if they would have somehow some way kept us rolling and made the playoffs, and you're kind of like, okay, and they were showing improvement, But the concern is that like that, the front office looks at that window of a couple of games and says, that's how we're capable of playing.
Speaker 3: That's that tells us that we're close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like no, no, no, no, Like you can't now two seasons in a row where your defense has cost you the postseason. I mean, you know, whether you had Burrow playing at an MVP level or you didn't have Burrow playing at all for nine games, like, it was still the same story your defense. It didn't matter. Your defense was so bad. And you know, you know, I mean I wrote my column to Day once to say dot Com about like, you know, Burrow has to be perfect and it's just not possible. And and so they've put themselves the no margin for air, in a position to last two Decembers because of their defense for the most part, I mean, the early season struggles last year anyway, and it's just like they're there that we've seen enough sample size now that you have to overhaul the defense. You have to do something. You have to somehow, some way get better at drafting. You have to, somehow, some way decide you're going to spend money and get creative and spend some money on the defensive side, because this isn't working. Trying to sit here and wait for Miles Murphy and wait for Shamar Stewart and uh, you know, wait for Cam Taylor brid and wait for you know some of those younger battle and yeah, it's like it's it's not you just run it back mentality just it isn't work well.
Speaker 1: And you're right that, you know, winning sometimes, I mean really all the time clouds your opinion because you're winning, Like, oh, I've seen.
Speaker 2: It, Joe Burrow clouds their opinion. Correct, Joe Burrow, Like you know, we say, we've said a lot, like he masks so much for them, and which is great. I mean, that's all part of the team and that's that's his job and that's how great he is. And they have him and the other thirty one teams don't so good for them.
Speaker 3: But you know he cannot. He cannot like do it all. He just can't.
Speaker 2: And so like you know, yesterday, that's the kind of game where you know that that guy makes an incredible play and it's like, okay, well, yeah, Joe Burrow's human, like he's gonna make some mistakes here and there, and even that one was kind of like that guy made a great play and you know Joe Burrow, yes, made a mistake, but give that other guy credit to like, but.
Speaker 3: Like Joe Burrow can't even afford to do that, all.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean to your point, you don't want you don't want Joe Burrow out there every single game, every play thing, and boy, I gotta be perfect here, right, I mean, it's such a luxury if in the back of his mind, see, you know what, I can take a risk here because our defense will they'll make a stop and we'll be fine. But now in his head he's probably like, we don't have that luxury at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then I think I think everything sort of the bow was tied.
Speaker 1: On this defense.
Speaker 2: With that last play you referenced it, Josh Allen. It's third and fifteen. You get a stop there right around the two minute mark, and you give that ball to Joe Burrow. Let's go, and you know that's what Joe. I mean. They flash over to Joe Burrown and like, gosh, he's like it was like a serial killer.
Speaker 4: His face.
Speaker 2: You knew you you could feel it. And then they let him run right up the middle and Geno Stone is ready impositioned for the tackle and the guy just like goes one way and Geno Stone is flailing and it's like, dude, that was tackling runner. But he's not like a jukie guy that he literally just made that one move and it's like it wasn't like it was you know, cat quick kind of move. That's a big guy, and he just goes right and then like Geno Stone's diving like he's you know, playing fifth grade football and just learning how to tackle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wasn't good. I guess the Bengals are mathematically still alive. I believe they have to Steelers has to tie twice or something something nuts. But nevertheless, I mean say it out loud, this is a Bengals team that has four wins in early mid December.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not a playoff teams. For Engles fans are better, man, Bengals fans is are better.
Speaker 1: They've hung in there.
Speaker 2: They've been so loyal to this franchise. They got their hopes up rightfully. So after that Super Bowl run and then back the FC championship, just barely miss another super Bowl. You got a lot of core pieces from that team. One core piece you don't Jesse Bates. But now here you are sitting here thinking like what's the future look like? Is Joe Burrow the next Dan Marino?
Speaker 3: That's it. That's exactly right.
Speaker 1: All right, so we are going to We'll continue this throughout the show here and there, but coming up here next, I want to talk a little college football playoff and specifically Notre Dame. Notre Dame getting a lot of heat for opting out of the bowl game. I'm going to defend the day. I have thoughts. I'm going to defend Notre Dame. We'll battle out on the battlefield of ideas here, but first let's check some trafficking weather.
Speaker 5: How we looking now from the UC Health Traffic Center at uc Hell. If you'll find comprehensive care, so for us all it makes your best moral possible, boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more uc health dot Com. Two seventy five westbound after Lovel madea are right lane blocked. It's a U Hault truck that hit the wall. Police are on the scene there and two seventy five eastbound seventy one to Loveland Madeira about a five minute delay. Seventy five southbound between Ronald Lang and Highway Norver later about a five minute trip. And we're watching the heavier pockets now southbound seventy five as their Charles to the Brent Spence and we have Freeman, a guest with a hit skip accent and police they're getting that cleaned up. Two seventy five between U West fifty two and five mile has delays from kell Loogg. It's about a ten minute delay my Bridge Rapid News Radio seven hundred WD WELLW.
Speaker 1: In the forecast tonight, a few passing clouds, winds light and variable, a low of eighteen degrees and then tomorrow's some am clouds but sun in the afternoon. The hig will be forty. Right now, it is thirty three News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: There's so much Bengals, both stats, interviews and analysis.
Speaker 1: Your little who they had just me bust.
Speaker 6: Out, which would be unfortunate because you had missed the rest of the show.
Speaker 4: It's Bengals Live.
Speaker 7: Tonight at six on seven hundred WLW, home of the best Bengos covering.
Speaker 8: This report is sponsored by the Dwyer Company, the only name to know for waterproofing your.
Speaker 9: Home is your most important asset, So trust the experts from the Dwyer Company, whether it's waterproofing, sunk and concrete and foundation.
Speaker 3: Did they get screwed or was it just fight?
Speaker 2: I I that's a hard, hard question to answer. I see the argument on both sides. My my iyre is more on what came after that. But I think the right now we're focused on did they get screwed?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I think the same thing I can make an army even as a Notre Dame fan, I would admit that their schedule wasn't divin't have a bunch of world beaters on it. And I admit that a head to head loss, even though it was the first game of the year and it was by three points. And I get it because it's it's empirical data. It's hard to ignore.
Speaker 2: Go through all those teams that are in the playoffs, so rock and look, well look at it. Look at who played other teams that are in the in the playoffs, right, not very many? Well exactly. And then obviously until the conference championship games.
Speaker 1: The team that I think that they should have I think Miami should have gone. I think the team that should have gone in over was Alabama. I called them this year and that is not an Alabama team like the Alabama teams we've we've seen in the past. And they went out and showed that this past weekend. Right, they lost by twenty one got killed by George. They had negative three rushing yards in the game, and that gave them their third loss. And all and again, so much with the committee does and what drives them is they don't want to set precedence for this and and they want the conference title games matter. So they're very particular about we're not gonna punish you for making it to a conference title game and losing. But it's not like they had one loss and they go to the title game and get beat No, they already had two losses.
Speaker 5: I mean, the.
Speaker 1: I know, and they got blown out.
Speaker 3: And by Georgia. How you play?
Speaker 1: I just feel like so much should be And I understand eye tests is very subjective, but I mean, I mean, look at that team, Look at Notre Dame, how they're playing. Now, what does your brain tell you, I said, tells you that's a damn good team. You're the eye test with Alabama right now says they just don't look like a dominant Alabama's team. Oh and by the way, they have three losses, I think they should have got left out well. And then I mean even go in and again, this seems like the whole thing is all over the place because then like you know, the team's rewarded for blowing another team out. But Alabama no, because remember this committee members said like that, you know, their gutsy call on fourth down to end up beating a five and seven Auburn team, Uh, you know, is what really helped them in the rankings. Like and they beat them by you know, by a touchdown. It's like, again, that was a bad Auburn team. That was what got him into the the SEC championship game. But you go through here and you know, you you know, you lost the Florida State You lost at home, uh to to Oklahoma, which is in the playoff, which they're getting ready they're gonna play in the in the first game of the playoffs. And you know, they they they struggled in a lot of games. And again like, yeah, a win is a win, and win is a win in the SEC. But but go look at Notre Dames. Resume they won ten in a row.
Speaker 2: They they lost the first two games of the year, oh by the way, by a score, won by a field goal, and one by one point to two teams that are in the playoff, and then they reeled off ten games in a row.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean were they won by an average of thirty Like so, I remember watching the end of that Notre Dame Texas A and M game. If you recall that game, it was we missed the extra point, that's what won the game. Oh that's right, yep. So but I remember thinking my head, all right, well, it's just the second game of the year. If they went out and continue to get better, they'll be fine. Well now they're not. I did want to move forward to really what resulted of them getting left out as they made it clearer to the nc double or well to the College Football Playoff Committee, the Bowl Committee, everybody that they're declining any and all bowl invites at all to any of these non college football playoff bulls. What what now?
Speaker 4: This one?
Speaker 1: This one?
Speaker 3: All right, let's let me hear it to me.
Speaker 2: This is just like, oh, we're gonna take our ball and go home and like really like it just it's a bad it's it's it's just a bad look and it's a like it just I think it creates a lot of undue criticism for them. And everybody already has their opinion on Notre Dame. I'm one of those people, like I've always like great respect for Notre Dame and just the history and the program and the class and you know, obviously a great school and you went there.
Speaker 1: And but what what does plane in that game? The the whatever, the pop target?
Speaker 2: I don't know. And again maybe this is all Pollyanna and everything, but it's like, it's one more it's it's it's one more chance to to show to number one, for your fans to see that team, for your fans to enjoy watching your team play one more time. It's an opportunity. Even on the internal part is like, okay, all right, you're gonna, I think, to keep trying to recruit and keep intact the guys you want to keep there. And so here's one more chance for those guys to play, get better, prepare for next year.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna make that run.
Speaker 2: We're gonna all right, we are going to get over the hump next year and make the playoff. And I know, does all sound I don't know, kind of like, well, you're not really making a strong argument, But I think too maybe I think you go in there and you blow out who are they going to play?
Speaker 1: BYU?
Speaker 2: Is that the talk that we're going to play BYU. And that was another team that you know people and you know, go in there and blow them out, and like, hey, you know what, dump your chest a little bit. See we should have been in there. And and you know, I know you're already making that argument, but let me say this.
Speaker 1: I agree on principle with everything you're saying, because I am old school and I think if you're a football player, you should play football. I would want to play football. But I recognize that it is, in my opinion, it's a different time. There's the old way and there's a new way that's happening. And right now, I think Notre Dame is saying, okay, we go to this game, what is our incentive to play for it? First of all, ten guys aren't gonna be on the team. They're gonna be going to draft or the college sport. So it's not really like you're seeing this year's team again. You're seeing kind of the team, which is, by the way, happened to a lot of schools. A lot of schools correct the top players are leaving getting ready for the drafts or transferring or whatever.
Speaker 3: So that's not there. And then I mean, and I said, this just knowing.
Speaker 1: Working for ESPN, we drive the College Football Playoff all year long and during the season it is all about the College Football Playoff. And I told some of my colleagues earlier today on a call, I said, do we how much time do we spend talking about a B and C team?
Speaker 4: Boy?
Speaker 1: If they if they keep winning, they really can make can make their way to the Liberty Bowl this year, not one second of Mariton.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so so.
Speaker 1: The so the so the player. Yeah, the players see that. They're like, well, if you're telling me that the only thing that matters is a CFP, why do you give it? Damn if we're not, if we're not going to see if we do it, do we play again? I also think it's it's so transactional.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: I said this with Willie Believe it or not. One of the incentives when.
Speaker 1: I played was my junior year, if we made it to the Fiesta Bowl, it was like we were gonna get five hundred dollars in the swag. We got these Bow's noise canceling headphones, like the first version right, and it was like, oh my god, this is so they gave ab out PlayStations. Oh yeah, you know, but.
Speaker 2: Now it's like electronics, but most of a lot of the top play everybody's got that. Now, well maybe they'd had their own money to buy it.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing is we're talking about we're gonna get five hundred dollars worth of for a Bowl gift. When we got we were getting nothing. Now that gods, you're getting paid thousands, if not tens of thousand dollars a week. Like I care about some T shirts and some headphones or a PlayStation when I'm making all this money anyway, So what what where's my incentive to play the game?
Speaker 2: I'm glad you brought that up, Rock, because I think that's part. Like they've got to find a way. And I haven't really dove into it at all, but you've got to They've got to find a way. Okay, So you know how like, oh, your school makes four million dollars for playing in the whatever, the Pop Tarts Bowl. I'm not making every every every team's every school makes some kind of money, you know, the payout of the Bowl. They've got to find a way then, obviously that would be beyond I think what the nil cap is of the twenty one million dollars a year to each school is allowed to give out, but they've got to find a way. Your team makes the bowl, this is your bonus, you know, almost like a playoff bonus. Agree in the major leagues. In the NFL, all those guys they get playoff bonuses. Your your team makes the playoffs, you make a certain amount of money. Same things should happen here. Couldn't agree more. Maybe we won't have as many opt outs, and I can I get opting out if you're going to be a first second round draft pick. I don't. I think I don't like the whole transfer portal window. It's not necessarily the players fault. It's the date they need to move that, move that off of there to avoid the opt outs for transfers. So but they've got to add in, they got to change the transfer portal date, and they've got to add in some kind of a you're right, that's you're right. Like guys don't want swag anymore. Guys don't really care about oh my gosh, you're you're we have an awesome, pristine stadium and like super cool facility.
Speaker 1: They don't even want that.
Speaker 3: How much money, how much money you gonna pay me? Right, they'll go, they'll go play.
Speaker 1: And I'm not saying it's right, but it is because we've created this monster and now we got to kind of live with it. And I mean I would they absolutely need to pay the players for the Bulls again, which in in just in principle, I'm against, but if they want the Bulls to keep going, they should make it like winning team gets seventy, losing team gets thirty.
Speaker 3: Now US season boys get after him play.
Speaker 1: Look, this is the world we're living now. College football is about money. We're not They're no longer hiding it. It's out there.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 1: It's what drives recruiting, it's what drives transfer, portal, it's what drives everything. Fortunately or unfortunately, we've created this monster. So now we either got to say we've got to keep going and keep going to the these are no longer amateur kids anymore, keep going, or say let's just go back to the old. And there's an argument for that. Yeah, I for the go back and check the record. Ten years ago, I was like, just keep it at a four team playoff, okay, because realistically only four teams.
Speaker 3: Can really be the national champion, right, But for the rest of the.
Speaker 1: Teams, now some of the bowls and the conference titles still matter, and more teams can feel like we had a successful season. Right now, it is if you don't make the College Football Playoff, or if you're some scores, you don't win it, you're a farewell, you're a failure. Or it used to be like, Okay, maybe in Ohio you're at Ohio State, you're in a down year.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're not gonna win the title.
Speaker 1: But you know you could go to the Gator Bowl and win an opponent or win or play the or or playing the Big Ten title game, and boy, we won the Big You know who won the SEC four years ago? Who won the American? Who won the ACC four years ago? You can't tell me because people don't don't care. What a mess it is a mess. I I mean there's other things to talk about.
Speaker 2: I know we're gonna get to break, but I mean the Notre Dames Athletic or Pete Levaukua coming out basically saying that the ACC has done permanent damage to their relationship our name, and I guess, you know, I don't know if the commissioner came out, I didn't see, but he was on I saw the clip on Dan Patrick and basically where he was like, essentially, I guess the lobbying for Miami and the ACC teams to get in and rub them the wrong way, and it's like, well, you're not in the.
Speaker 1: A CC for four are trying to force an entertainment of the conference, and if they are, this is the probably wrong way to go about it. Anyway, We'll continue this on the backside, but let's check some trafficking weather.
Speaker 3: How are we looking and from the UC Health Traffic Center.
Speaker 5: At uc Health here will find comprehensive care sol personal, but make sure best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care, fort better outcomes. Expect more uc health dot com. Right lane taken up on two seventy five westbound after lovel of Madeira. Ten minute to delay here with us sonuns back towards Corners. Clean up is underwhite. Police are on the scene. We've got about a fifteen minute to lay two seventy five eastbound between Levin And Road and Loveland Madeira. Also on North Bend at Winter we picked up a crash now seventy five southbound from Ronald Ring and Highway down to Norwood Lateral. That's about a fifteen minute trip. Right now in delay, E's back to Shephard my Merix rep Deuce Radio seven hundred double do well W your.
Speaker 1: Forecast tonight a few passing clouds, winds light and variable, a low of eighteen degrees, and then tomorrow's some am clouds but sun in the after noon. The hi'll be forty. Right now it is thirty three News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: All right, mister Pennay, I'm going to show you some images, and you tell me what do you see?
Speaker 11: Looks like a butterfly listening to Scott's Loan show, And this one I see a rocket ship, a rocket ship, yeah, lasting out for the planet Sloan.
Speaker 4: I see.
Speaker 3: And this one that looks.
Speaker 7: Like a fish swimming in a mountain pond.
Speaker 4: Very good.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but a fish is angry because he's not listening to Scott Sloan.
Speaker 10: Scott Sloan, please listen responsibly.
Speaker 12: Join me Scott Sloan tomorrow morning at nine o'clock on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: Might be best for up to discuss some strong meditations.
Speaker 8: This report is sponsored by Miami Valley Gaming. Get to Miami Valley Gaming on December twenty seven for a chance to win a four one thirty five must.
Speaker 13: Be twenty one Ohio Problem Gambling hop on one hundred five eight nine nine ninety six six or visit orc dot Ohio dot com.
Speaker 8: Ready to take a break, visit time out Ohio dot com.
Speaker 12: Hey, does every step or reach a reminder of what you're not able to do anymore because of that pain. A great news here because relief doesn't have to come from a scalpel. It could come from your own body thanks to QC kinetics. QC taps into your body's own regenerative power using natural healing factors that help restore and repair damage tissue, reduce inflammation, and relieve pain. Added source listen. I've watched the process firsthand. It's quick, it's easy, and it can work for you. No surgery, no pain pills, no long recovery, just your body remembering how to heal itself and be alive again. Don't just mask the pain, le QC kinetics regain what pain took away. And now's a great time to use your HSA and FSA funds to get started before the year ends. The consultation's totally free, so called five one three, eight, four seven zero zero nineteen, five one three eight four seven zero zero nineteen. QC Kinetics five one three eight four seven zero zero nineteen.
Speaker 6: For more information about contests on this station, go to seven hundred WLW dot iHeart Slash Rules.
Speaker 8: Home to the Rachel Meadows Show, Morning Joe, the Briefing with Jen Sackey and.
Speaker 1: The more Rocky alongside Jason Williams. Got a couple of calls here. We got to squeeze him in. Let's go to Daton and talk to Dave. Dave, you got a comment about Notre Dame fire away.
Speaker 9: Yeah, rock Hey, I was there during the low hoole Sclory days and spent forty bucks on Catholic versus com mixture. So tell Joe Frederick he has me forty bucks.
Speaker 3: Good luck getting that out of him, right, but uh, by the way, yeah.
Speaker 9: Okay, Notre Dame guys grew blued and tattooed, and you know it goes to show you if if we can lose to a pathetic lower level teams like Marshall and Northern Illinois and still get in to a playoff and and be and make it to a final. That is not your argument, you had said before the top four team should get in the top Where where what are we like tenth? I mean, we were very capable, and you know it of winning the whole thing this year, and for Alabama to get boat raced by Georgia and then we boat race ten teams in a row and then they lose to pathetic Florida State team. You know that so much SEC bias. And I know you can't really rail on your other employer, but there is a lot of BS that goes along with the ESPN's SEC bias to lobby for Bama.
Speaker 2: And you know, I might want to check your history, by the way, on that. When you call Marshall pathetic, you might want to check your history on that.
Speaker 9: No, Marshall's a fine team. I was just I was just ribbing you there, Jason, while I had you on the air. So I just got to get a new play by play announcer, you know, getting a little more excited when you pull those great upsets off.
Speaker 3: All right exactly?
Speaker 2: Northern Illinois, Yeah, Stanford USC, Yeah, Yeah, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 3: Well, Dave some great points and thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just think that, as I said, I I don't think I mean say it out loud Notre Dame is not playing with a team that they have in jam you and Tulane are.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: I have no problem with it in functionality though, because that's how it's set up now, but should that be how it is? And you know, my biggest argument is still that Alabama got they beat on the final, last second play. They beat a five and seven Auburn team that had an interim coach, and then they go out and get killed by Georgia or and and look awful doing it, and that gave.
Speaker 3: Him their third loss. That means something.
Speaker 2: As the guy who as a Marshall fan who champions the little guy, the way this thing is set up right now, I would say no, Like, if you're gonna you've set it up to where you should be the best twelve teams. Now, if you were to expand that, not obviously to an NCAA tournament, but if you were expand it out relatively speaking in football, then I think you probably there. There's where you got to let little guys in. But this thing is all over the map. It's I don't get it and the committee, that to me is what needs to be changed, and we got to run. I think having a good call with some of those folks that they're unpaid volunteers that are supposed to be really dialed into this, and I'm not sure they are. All right, Let's go ahead and we've got the news and Steve Gooden is up next. Seven hundred WLW News.
Speaker 7: Traffic and Weather. News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 14: Growing calls for footage of a boat strike to be made public With the four o'clock report, I'm Sean Gallagher breaking now. There are some questions surrounding that video of a boat strike from September, with the US military attack what they say was a drug trafficking vessel. Dozens of people have died in the Caribbean in recent months due to these attacks. The Trump administration said they're going after narco terrorist, but some lawmakers from both sides of the political il say survivors on the boat attack back in September were wrongfully killed in a second strike by the military. There are mixed messages coming out of the Trump administration on whether to release that video.
Speaker 15: Last week, the President said that he would support the release of the video. Our colleague Selena Wang asked him about this, and the President said, I don't know what they have, referring to the Pentagon, but he says, whatever they have, we'd certainly release that, no problem. Now we are not hearing that same message from the Defense Secretary Keete Hegseth over the weekend. His comments on releasing the video were far more noncommittal. Hegg Seth said, whatever we were to decide to release, we'd have to be very responsible about it.
Speaker 14: ABC News is Karen Travers now the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 1: From the U SEE Health Traffic Center.
Speaker 4: You see Health.
Speaker 5: You're going to find comprehensive care so personal makes your best tomorrow possible, boundless care for better outcomes.
Speaker 1: Expect more.
Speaker 5: You see health dot com and the right thing taken up on two seventy five, I Spaun after lovel Madeir with a crasher. Now we've got delainy us back to Ward's corner. New haul truck into the wall here about a ten minute delay. About twenty minutes slow down on two seventy five eastbound between Lovenon Road and Loveland Madeira, and it looks like some gauker delays. A seventy five northbound Mitchell de Paddock is about a five minute trip southbound seventy five from Ronald Reagan Highway to normalod Lateral is about a ten minute drive. And we have north Bend at Winton with an accident in seventy five. Northbound two seventy five in Kentucky to the Brent Spence picking up about a five minute trip and two seventy five between US fifty two and five mile. We have delaying us back to Kebogg because of the ongoing roadwork. My Rick Shrimp News Radio seven hundred couple well.
Speaker 6: The leadest forecast from the No Feared Dentist Weather Center Advanced Dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck. We're here for you No Fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 14: Today we'll see clouds increase the lowdown to twenty one part sunny Tuesday, a high of forty three. Wednesday, cloudie with rain, then a chance of rain mixing with snow by late afternoon highs in the mid forties, sunny and currently thirty six degrees. News a service of low Tee Center Clairemont County Public Health says the preliminary lab results for vultures found dead and Pierce Township indicate that the birds died from bird flu, the Health Department noting that the risk of bird flu to the public is low. Around seventy black vultures were found to cease, with two of the birds taken to a state lab for testing this past Friday. Samples have since been sent to the National Lab for further confirmation. Burflu is spreading naturally in wild birds, poultry, and other animals through contact with respiratory droplets and bodily fluids, as transmission and wildlife increases in the spring and fall with bird migration. Ongoing investigations after one person was killed and two others injured after a trench collapse in Claremont town County this past Friday. This happening on Valley Ford's Drive in Miami Township as three men were digging that trench delay pipeline, but the soft ground led to the collapse, trapping them, spending hours rescuing them, with one man dying and the other two men taken to the hospital with hypothermia and league injuries listed in critical condition. A member of agents A number of agencies, including Miami Township Police, OSHA, and the Claremont County Prosecutor's Office looking into possible charges of breckless homicide and negligent assault. Investigators have said that there was no trench box in us drawing that work which is required by OSHA.
Speaker 7: Seven one hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 16: Here's a Bengals ubba, brought to you by Good Spirits, Winding Tobacco, and Party Town, thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky. The Bengals today with a roster move. They have released wide receiver Jermaine Burton More tonight on Bengals Line tonight starting at six oh five. Right here on seven hundred WLW. College basketball Trey Carroll of the Xavier Musketeers as the Big East Player of the Week. He scored thirty points in the win in the Skyline Chili Crosstown shoot out over the Bearcats Bill Edison, seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 14: At the closing bell on Wall Street right now, the Dow down two hundred and sixteen points, NASTAC thirty two, the S and P down twenty four points. Alret accepted it at four thirty. I'm Sean Gallagher, News Radio, seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 8: This report is sponsored by Miami Valley Gaming. Good to Miami Valley Gaming. December twenty seven for a chance to win a Ford one.
Speaker 1: All right, our number two rocking alongside Jason Williams and Jason the heavy sports time of year. But maybe a little bit buried was the news that came out late last week about our mayor.
Speaker 3: I have to have puerival having some call it financial issues.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Seemingly, you're a good friend, that's right, Me and him big good friends.
Speaker 2: Now you him and will you guys go out to dinner? Yeah, but you guys got like a quarterly dinner.
Speaker 1: I would do it. I have lots of information I would like when I covered I always enjoyed talking at he was always accessible and enjoy talking to him. He may be accessible, but he's not now his finances right now because apparently I guess, not once but twice he's had cars that have been repossessed or in danger getting repossessed. Also possibly some things with you know, with his house and the rent on that, and and I guess. Look, and one hand, it's look what happens to someone in their private businesses, that's fine. But on the other hand, this is a guy that's in charge of major financial decisions for our city have some problem. Look not a good look.
Speaker 2: You're in charge, you're in charge of what over a billion dollars budget taxes and you're you know, you're making decisions on you know what, how much money to put in the streets and all kinds of different programs and you can't even have your own financial house in order. That is not a good look. You're not sure you're you're in the right job.
Speaker 1: Great, No, that's what we want to discuss. We bring on our heavy hitter. Look attorney here, Steve Good and Steve welcome to the program.
Speaker 4: How are you fantastic? How are you?
Speaker 1: We are good? Steve so, so, what did you make when you saw are making a big too big of a big deal this? Are people making a big deal of this and maybe just trying to take a shot at the mayor? Should we let this go? What's your thoughts?
Speaker 17: Well, my first thought is Cincinnati just has a weird history with mayors and like bounced checks and so forth. I mean, if you go back to Jerry Spring oh yeah, and the prostitute, I mean that's kind of what how he became sort of famous.
Speaker 4: So God God rest his soul.
Speaker 17: So I don't know what it is about mayors and Cincinnati and bounce checks. But it's it's in the water over there, I guess. But I mean, are we making too big of a deal about it? I mean the short answer is, you know, you know, I don't know that anyone's making that big a deal about it. It's a very weird circumstance. No one should ever celebrate anybody having personal financial issues, if indeed that's what's going here.
Speaker 4: I'm not crowing about that.
Speaker 17: I mean, it's if he really is having problems, that's that's terrible.
Speaker 4: I know, he lives in a very nice house.
Speaker 17: He lives actually vert near me on a private street, and you know, it doesn't make a lot of sense. But but I'm concerned about two things here. I guess number one is his story about what happened just doesn't make any sense. I mean, he's basically saying he had an issue with auto pay, and I would think the bank is going to say the issue with auto pay was that there was no money in the account.
Speaker 4: For the auto pay.
Speaker 17: Anyone who's ever paid a car loan knows that when you do auto pay, which I do, you get multiple emails saying, hey, the money's coming out. The money has been taken out, and that before something goes to repossession or written notices and all kinds of things. So the idea that you just might miss a payment or two and they come take your car, that's not the way it works from a legal standpoint in Ohio. So his story on its face doesn't make sense and it really looks like dissembling. The other issue I have is this is when we look at our very recent history at city Hall, we had at least two of the council members who serve federal prison time, mis Stynard and Jeff Past were essentially bribed because of their personal financial situation. When the word is out that you need the money, the vultures just send. And I think that is that is an even bigger problem that we have. No one's really in a position to say no. And honestly, you have this other kind of issue, which I call this part of the soft corruption, which is you have people in public office sort of auditioning for roles in the private sector and giving favors to people that they hope will employ them when they get out. So you know, it's a weird thing there. I mean, I mean city you know, the Mayor's job. It pays relatively wealthy. It pays one hundred eighteen thousand dollars, but it's a full time job. You're not allowed to have any other kind of income outside that. You are rubbing shoulders of very wealthy people and expected to, I guess, dress a certain way, and drive a certain kind of car, and maintain a certain appearance and lifestyle. And it's probably in excess of what one hundred eighteen thousand dollars will buy you. So I have some sympothy from that standpoint, I suppose, But you know, all in other people may to work, and he's going to have to find a way to make it work. And it's as Jason as you said, it's just a terrible look for the for the city. And it does make you wonder whether, uh, there's the basic financial literacy down here to make the kinds of decisions that need to be made.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Steve Gooden joins us, your local attorney, former Cincinnai City council member. And Steve, when you were on city council did and again you're in you're in that elected office. Did you feel a sense of I need to I need to really really make extra sure Uh you know, I know you're already you know, a very responsible guy and successful guy from your military career and your legal career and your political career. But like, was there did you go through all of your own personal business and say, all right, I really need to make sure I'm extra buttoned up on all of you know, my bills and everything. Did did you feel more of a sense of I've got to be even extra careful on just those kinds of things.
Speaker 4: Well, you know you do.
Speaker 17: And I mean, and it's and it's hard, and I will say, and this is again out and nobody should ever belly acher complain about being in public office. I mean, it's an absolute honor straight through. But you know, but I will say that there is a part of it in the way we do things at the municipal level, not just in Cincinnati, but throughout the big cities in Ohio where you know, it is more financially challenging than I think. I say, you're on city council, you get a I think it's roughly sixty four thousand dollars a year, but it doesign need to be a part time job, and you can still do other work. And if you're a lawyer, you can still do other work. But then suddenly you realize that the cause of your connection to the city, that you have so many conflicts and conflicts of.
Speaker 4: Interest that you you you're you're not only you.
Speaker 17: But your law firm sometimes or in my case, had to pass on business because your the zoning cases and things of that nature, because they would touch the city in some way.
Speaker 4: And then you end up.
Speaker 17: With your you know, your partners and colleagues said it to you, because everyone's losing money and losing income on these things. So it's a bigger sacrifice than it might seem, particularly you know, if you're used to making more than sixty thousand dollars a year and they're living on that, so you really do have to be careful and you can. You know, there could be more of a sacrifice to it than it might seem. That's what happened to you have Pastor. He lost his private sector job due to a conflict at the city and wasn't able to find another one, and he had a house with four kids and couldn't make it work for sixty some thousand dollars, or at least that's what I believe he told the court at his.
Speaker 1: Plea, Steve, you make some great points here, and you know, if you're if you're af tab and again not saying he would do this, but you know, during the course of your days, your weeks, your months on the job, you're rubbing shoulders with Bob Cassolini and one of the lenders, and you know, having lunch with John Barrett, and you're looking around like, God, these guys are living a certain way and I'm not there, but I you know, there's everybody has that pressure to keep up with the owns is. Again, everyone faces that to some degree, but when you're in public office, it's even more of a potentially compromising situation. If you would act on those things and try to live above your means and and do things where you might be tempted to, you're gonna have more people coming up to you to tempt you with things than the average person would be.
Speaker 17: No, that's exactly right. I mean, you know, you're you're in a you're often in a you know, you're you're in a time X job, rubbing shoulders.
Speaker 4: In a role X world. You know, so it's uh, you know, it's.
Speaker 17: A very it's a it's a very different sort of thing. And and you know, and and you know, we do regard our mayors uh as sort of being you know, you know, the head of the city in a lot of ways, and uh And the pressure to look and dress and act a certain way. And you know, I say, drive a certain kind of car and go out to certain places is pretty considerable there too. And there are limits as to what you can use your campaign dollars on these day. So so the you know, the pressure is pretty extraordinary. And I would imagine and again I don't know what the circumstances are here.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 17: I cannot speculate as to his true of the mayor's true personal finances, but he would not be the first public official to get himself into trouble, either financially or ethically, trying to chase this image of prosperity that you know that you sort of feel a peer pressure to present.
Speaker 2: Steve sid Kevin Aldridge wrote a nice piece about this in the Inquire Since any dot Com. I'm basically just saying, like this just his spin and like, you know, kind of like not buying the spin.
Speaker 1: Here is it?
Speaker 2: Your read on this is that you know the AFT tab is not being is forward about or he's being he's too concerned.
Speaker 1: About being.
Speaker 2: Open and transparent about this out of embarrassment even is there is there an element of embarrassment here for him? Do you think that is why he's just saying, like, hey, it was this carelessness because you're right, like you know everything I've read and you said it earlier, like you know, you this is not a get you get a call, Hey, we're coming to repossess your car here in a couple of hours. I mean, this is a months long, weeks long thing where you're getting letters and emails and yeah calls, and you just think ultimately he's embarrassed by it and doesn't want to just sort of come out and say.
Speaker 17: That, well, you know, I mean my mother used to say to me one time I got in trouble for something in high school, and she just said, look, going forward in the future, just say the answer all questions with yes, no.
Speaker 4: Or none of my business.
Speaker 17: And he should have probably said none of my business on this one, yeah, or none of your business. I should say, you know, to to the public because its story. You know, his answer really doesn't make any kind of sense. There's a quote issue with the auto pay and again I based this.
Speaker 4: I used to the.
Speaker 17: Law firm where I used to work did a significant amount all we call creditors rights litigation or actually, you know, chasing people from bad.
Speaker 4: Loans, including bad car loans. I know the process.
Speaker 17: There are many, many, many notices that you receive before it gets to that state. And again, I'm someone right now who is paying a car payment every month on auto pay. I get an email a couple of days before the payment is to come out, which is basically like, hey, make sure there's enough money in there, and then I get a receipt once the money comes out. Again, so you get two emails every month. And I would think most people get it this way. I'm sure you could set it up for text or whatever. It's just the way we do business now as individuals. So the idea that you could fall multiple payments behind not notice it, miss all the notices, miss the written notices, I mean none of that really makes a lot of sense. And again you know the answer for him, should you know me? Well, then either like look I'm having some issues or I mess this up, or really it's a private affair, I'll deal with it.
Speaker 4: I think people would have accepted.
Speaker 17: That better than this sort of you know, clearly sort of you know, strangely worded state that really just doesn't comfort with anybody's in a regular experience as a human being and buying a car these days.
Speaker 1: Well, moving forward, Steve, my answers to any question, yes, no, or none of your damn business. That was sound advice. I really appreciate that.
Speaker 17: Love that there might have there might have been a girl involved in that, say, nineteen ninety seven, it was and it was just kind of like she was just like, maybe there's some stuff I don't want to know.
Speaker 1: Steve exactly. Well, Steve, this is a great insight, man, I really really appreciate it. Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Hey, take care.
Speaker 3: Thanks Safety local turning, Steve Gooden joining us.
Speaker 1: I think he makes a great point, and that's you know, I've always said that, you know, if you're going to run for public office, office, any public office, yep, you need to either have all the money or none of the money. In other words, you need to have an exorbitant amount of money where you don't need to worry about making any more or what your financist is, or have nothing where you don't miss anything, you're not living a certain lifestyle. It's it's the people that where the majority of people are where they're they got a decent amount of living they're going, but it's not enough where I can just quit my job and all of a sudden if you're going you take say a Cincinnati City council job and it pays fifty which is.
Speaker 3: Okay, but you know, depending on your situation. You got four kids at home, you know, fifty is a little a little harder.
Speaker 1: So you gotta you know, I mean, it is interesting to see how Yeah, and that's why I think a lot of people don't choose to go into it, because they're like, well, I can't retire, but I'm also I'm living at a certain status level that I need to maintain, and I think that's where these folks find themselves.
Speaker 2: That was a great e a great explanation from Steve Gooden too, Like you know that the mayor you cannot have another job outside of that, right, but on council you can. That was interesting how he explained balancing you know, your sixty thousand dollars year council job with trying to do other work outside of that, depending on what that is. You know, well, I have to, you know, super duper careful with to sell the conflict of interests.
Speaker 1: And well that's what he said. Yeah, you can technically have a job, but most you can't because there's always some.
Speaker 2: Sort of unless you at minards or something. And you know that's one other thing too, I'd add real quick too. I think it probably is an interesting position for aft have. Pure of all, this guy was very successful lawyer. He was at Procter and Gamble for many years. He's been in uh elected office now for a while. The clerk of courts. I don't know what the clerk of courts makes or whatever, but you know, I'm sure there's a thought of him, like, hey, there was a lifestyle that he was once at. And again that's his personal business. But you know this isn't Procter and Gamble lawyer kind of money, right, And.
Speaker 1: You still got the same friends you were rolling around with, and now you got even you're you're moving around with the big movers and shakers of the town who are millionaire billionaire types and you're kind of feeling need to keep up. Very interesting, but we'll keep our sights on that what happens moving forward, all right, let's check some trafficking weather.
Speaker 5: How we look at that from the UC Health Traffic Center. At you see Health, you're going to find comprehensive caresel personal. It makes your best tomorrow possible, bondless care for better outcomes. Expect more U see health dot com. Still have the accident to seventy five westbound after Lovely Madure, right lane blocked delayance to boards corner. About a ten minute delay on to seventy five eastbound eleven in Row. The crash here has delayings back to Mosteller. Also right shoulder now blocked on seventy five southbound after Paddock with a crash seventy five southbound after turf Way in Kentuck. We've got two right lanes taken up. Delays to Donaldson. That's about it ten minute delay. My Rick Schrunpre's Radio seven hundred WD WELLW.
Speaker 1: The forecast tonight a few passing clouds, winds, light and variable, a low of eighteen degrees, and then tomorrow's some am clouds but sun in the afternoon. The HIG will be forty. Right now, it is thirty three news Radio seven hundred WLW. Willy is the one person and I know I can count on, my friend. I want you to know that I Bill Cunningham am here for you.
Speaker 8: It makes me feel good to be an American.
Speaker 12: Let me help ease your concerns, keep you informed, and raise your spirits.
Speaker 2: I'd rather have my arm nowed off by beavers than Miss Willie's show.
Speaker 1: I'm here for you. All you have to do is listen to me the great America.
Speaker 8: I want to be a great American, just like Willie.
Speaker 1: Bill Cunningham Tomorrow at twelve noon on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by Apollo Home, your source for plumbing, heating, and air and electrical.
Speaker 18: Turn your past HPAC repair bills into up to twenty five hundred dollars off a new comfort system from Apollo Home. Transparent pricing, guaranteed comfort, use.
Speaker 13: Local, Choose Apolo visit Apollohome dot com today. Okay, guys, you hate to shop, but you do want to make her happy. You do want it to say I love it. So here's the perfect gift and you don't even have to leave the couch.
Speaker 1: The gift is seven hundred to WLW. Rocky alongside Jason Williams and Jason we have more. Bengal was breaking news hit It.
Speaker 2: Defensive end Trey Hendridson is set to undergo season ending surgery. Undergo quote muscle core surgery, sorry, core muscle surgery. According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Henderson has been out since he aggravated the injury in Week eight against the Jets. He originally got hurt in that Week six game at Green Bay. He had a he had a I guess it's a hip injury. So so he's getting surgery. He is getting surgery. According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, that would put him out six weeks, which.
Speaker 3: Is the rest of the Sea this season. Okay, but your thoughts, your comments.
Speaker 2: My thought A is that I legit think he's hurt obviously, and I've always thought that. I know some people were questioning whether it was just the fact the team wasn't playing well, he had that big contract squabble. Was he kind of nursing and it was he just sort of not nursing it, but like kind of you know, taking his good old time to come back right now. I think Trey Henderson is a guy who loves to play football, and if he's healthy or close to healthy, I think he's going to be out there. I think this was a legit injury that was keeping him off the field. Now, I mean, I think we've seen the last of Trey Hendrickson in Cincinnati. I would think this, yeah, miss he did that one year, he redid his contract for one season and.
Speaker 3: What do you how much do you make this year?
Speaker 2: I'd have to go back and look at that les audios off the top of his head, you know, And here it is. It's in this story I'm reading since dot Com. In August, Henderson received a fourteen million dollar raise, bringing his salary for the twenty twenty five season to thirty million him.
Speaker 1: So he's just tough. I mean, says a lot of money for you know, little very little production. But look, that's sway it is in the NFL. I had injuries that, you know, someone on the outside could say, oh, well, how come he can't play through a torn calf? Well, let me tell you, you know, it's so yeah. I always hesitate to really get into that. I always did think it was weird with Trey how I never felt like he was a favorite amongst his teammates. And maybe that doesn't matter. There's guys I know that were great players that you know, a lot of guys didn't like him, but I certainly feel that way. I don't feel like anybody, no one ever really came to his defense like or no one ever like during the contract if you no one was ever like we need to pay trade because he's the he's the heart and blood and soul of our team. Never felt like that was the case, which again isn't right right or wrong. I just think it is the fact though I think Trey operated in US in kind of a silo. I don't think he was overly liked, but I don't think he was disliked either. I think it was just like it's all business and that guy's a you know, he plays hard and he wants to be out there. But I don't think he was a guy who was you know, all the guys wanted to hang out with him, and all the guys really looked to him as a leader. And I certainly thought when you know, they named him a team captain this year, which I thought was like, he's not really a team captain type of guy. And I thought it was a bad look when he showed up at what the mini camp. I believe it was when he was in his contract dispute, and then all the all the reporters gathered around and he just blasted the front office essentially in the Bengals. I'm like, eh, I don't think that's team captain kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 2: I get it, like you're you're in a dispute. That's the business side of this, Okay whatever. I still don't think a team captain kind of caliber guy is doing that.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I can get, like, you know, a very calculated criticism here and there of things that are going on, as long as you're owning it yourself the way Joe Burrow does.
Speaker 1: Joe Burrow will if you read.
Speaker 2: Between the lines and some of the things he says, he'll criticize the organization, but he lumps himself in with that as he's part of, Yes, I've gotta I've got I've got to be better, I've got to you know, this is part of you know, it's it's us here, It's not them, it's us. And to me, that's that's team captain kind of comments. But Trey Hendrickson, I, I you know, I mean, full disclosure. I was in that camp where I thought they needed to really get him under a multi year contract. But uh, you know, certainly there are a lot of others and in our media who said, nah, he's getting old, and you know, the the production falls off and here he is. I don't know, I don't know if this has really to do with his with age. And you're right. I mean, I'm glad you brought that up about injuries, because you always gotta be careful about injuries. Like I learned this earlier in my career writing career, Like you know, it's.
Speaker 1: Tough to.
Speaker 2: Everybody has a different threshold for pain and what they're going through and like, how how was it for me as a as a reporter or whatever to like, you know, really you gotta be really careful and think really hard and talk to the people, talk to a lot of people, including the athlete about you know, when you're reporting on injuries, you know besides just a generic.
Speaker 1: Hey, this was the news of Hayes out injury. I think, especially for me when it comes to lower bodies slash core injuries, because if you if you can't move out there, I've been there. When I'm I feel like I'm moving at seventy percent of my best against guys that are the top in the world, and that's a that's a that's a way to get really hurt. Now, upper body stuff, okay, you know certain positions, I think you should try to suck it up and play if you can, But especially lower body stuff, it's hard to really gauge exactly what they're going through.
Speaker 2: That reminds me though, of a Hunter Green is a guy who's been questioned for his nursing of injury, you know, extending what what are determined like medically determined to be minor injuries, Like he had a minor grade groin strain uh in this season and he stretched that thing out of what was he out?
Speaker 1: I can't remember. He was out a long time.
Speaker 2: And you know, he got a second opinion, and the second opinion said the same thing as the first opinion. And it's a groin, Like, it's not an elbow, it's not a shoulder, it's like, it's a groin. It's a minor injury. And it's like yeah, And then came in he's coming because that's not the first time that that's happened. He's come into question for that, and and again, yeah, that's that's one athlete and I'm not you know, I think you have to always look at every guy or woman that you're covering, and it comes the injuries, is you know, their own their own saying and their own deal, Like you know, oh well that well, that injury for that guy, he kept him out, you know, two months. But that other guy had that same injury, so to speak, and he was only out for a week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that can be different. Yes, I do think. You know, there's where Hunger Green may follow though, is you know, waiting until he is one hundred percent. And I think as an athlete and a pro athlete, you're getting paid money, you gotta I always say, you know, you under certain circumstances, you can't be afraid to take a needle. You gotta go out there and play.
Speaker 2: And that's been questioning on the on the inside of the Reds organization. I think that's exactly. It's, you know, the grind of a you know, six seven month season with spring training and all that, Like you're never going to be really one hundred percent, right, I mean, but I think that is his life.
Speaker 1: I want to, I want to, I want to be.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent, but I'm like, yeah, well I gotta play through some pain and again, I don't know what your threshold for pain is because it's not my body man, you know, like I guess the argument would be, and until the Reds, I would him accountable for that?
Speaker 1: I mean, if they're you know, if he if he's probably sitting there saying, well, the Reds you know, at least haven't really seemed to threaten to trade me or get rid of me if I don't tough en up, so just keep doing it. You know, if people respond to incentives, and if he hasn't been incentivised to hurt his ass up and get healthy.
Speaker 3: You know what, why was he come back? Well that's a great that's a great point.
Speaker 4: Rock.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if it's that, but something to think about. All right, let's go ahead and check some trafficking weather. How are we looking.
Speaker 4: Right now? There's still let you.
Speaker 5: Know, from the you see health traffic center, you won't find comprehensive care. So pros will make sure best tomorrow possible. Bomb this care for better outcomes, expect more. You see health dot com. We've got a pretty big delay over an hour on two seventy five west bound at Hamilton with a crash kicking up two lanes and delays back to Springfield Pike. The accident finally has cleared two seventy five westbound after Loves with Madeira still about a five minutes so down to seventy five east bound after eleven in the road crash now just clearing.
Speaker 1: Getting that update.
Speaker 5: Seventy one north bound Montgomery to Ronald reag And Cross County Highway. Accident takes up the left lane. We picked up a crash on the exit ramp too, is seventy five southbound. The off ramp to westbound two seventy five in Kentucky at seventy five southbound after Turfway, where we have the right shoulder blocked, and so it downs back to Buttermilk Pike. My bricks repped to use Radio seven hundred double d WELLW in the.
Speaker 1: Forecast tonight a few passing clouds, winds light and variable, a low of eighteen degrees, and then tomorrow's some am clouds but sun in the afternoon. The HIG will be forty Right now it is thirty three news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: Is it true. Tom Brenneman was the bass player in a punk band called Mush Potato that is mostly not true. Is it true that Tom Brenneman can speak to dolphins, but tuesdays not too will because of their attitude? It sounds possible, but not true. He said, true that listening to Tom Brenham and makes your morning better. That one is true.
Speaker 19: Please join me in the morning for the latest news, weather, traffic, sports, at a truck load more to get your day started right Tom Brenham and Tomorrow morning at five am on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: This report is sponsored by Servati Cincinnati, Chris Kindlemarket at the more Linelogger House.
Speaker 6: Experience the Magic of Serbadi Cincinnati, Chris Kindlemarket at the more Line Logger.
Speaker 1: Eddie's out alongside Jason Williams and Jason even after a day with the Bengals fall to the Buffalo Bill's thirty nine to thirty four. Lots of breaking news around Begledom and to talk about that, we'll bring on our good friend David Laughing. We always enjoy, enjoy speaking with him every Monday and Lap. Let's start with this. The news earlier around three o'clock came out that Jermaine Burton had been released. What can you tell us about the Jermaine Burton tenure here with the Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 11: It was interesting, I guess to say the last belt surprise waves.
Speaker 4: Really it's it's it's a shame you have a.
Speaker 1: Lap a lap. We've got a bad connection. I'm gonna ask you to hang up and we'll try you back here again. If that's okay, we'll get to get a better signal here. Sometimes you gotta jostle it around you. It's shake your phone. It's like a Nintendo flow in the bottom of it. Everybody did that and it worked. It worked. They swear it never works. But I thought that we have Dave lapping back. Dave, can you hear us?
Speaker 4: I can hear you.
Speaker 11: Guys.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you sound crystal clear as if you're sitting here next to the Yeah. So uh so, yeah, so we were. I was asking about Jermaine Burt and he was really today wasn't active for any game this year. It just seemed like a bad situation.
Speaker 3: What happened with that lap.
Speaker 11: Yeah, a bad situation is a good way to describe it. I mean, here's a guy that was drafted in the third round. You know, played in the SEC and the high level of football. Obviously, he's got all the physical gifts that you want. I mean, you know, he's a good size guy. Not a huge receiver, but you know good size receiver size, speed ratio is strong, he's got strength, he's got hands, can you know use catch the football effortlessly and smoothly, puts it away, keeps it out of harm's way. He can not only straight line speed, but also put us foot in the ground and separate from my defendercy he can do everything. The problem is he's got nothing upstairs for the game. I mean, it's just it's too big for him. And as Paul Brown used to say, you know, if the game's too big for you, you're not gonna be around very long. And and he's not around anymore, and lessons be learned, for sure. Unfortunate because here's a guy that everybody thought would maybe have a bright future. But you know, you have to have football IQ and IQ you know, general general education IQ as well in order to make it work.
Speaker 1: And it just seemed lap that they were assuming times. I point to the time when t Higgins is out hurt the first time and it's like, here's his time, right, you finally get your opportunity the Bengals need a guy that can stretch the defense. This is your time. And if you had been studying the playbook and working on your routes and understanding the different space and the things you need to do, the different releases you need to take, he could have taken that and grabbed it. But it never seemed like he was a guy right that wanted to do the mental things that it took to be a great pro player in the pros that you can't just be a great athlete, you must also you know, use your head and learn how to know the He never wanted to do.
Speaker 11: That again exactly. I mean, he never made any sacrifices, you know, he never he never. He never did anything you know that was going to maybe be a little bit harder, something he didn't necessarily really want to do, but was going to make him a great player. Everything came naturally to him physically, but mentally, you know, extra time with the coaches, extra study time, knows in the playbook, knows in the game plan, making sure that you knew, like you're talking about every nuance of everything that you're supposed to do. If you have to adjust your route, why and what route are you adjusting to be on the same page. You know, Joe Burrow has tremendous chemistry with Jamar Chase and t Higgins, and it's built on trust and respect, and he had neither. For what Burton was putting out on the football field. I mean it was a third down situation. He was the third receiver and they rolled coverage and doubled both of his main guys. I don't think he felt real comfortable about throwing the foot faut Burton and that's that's that's too bad, man, That's that's very sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she couldn't have said any better, Lap, because I I think I think Zach Taylor is as good of a culture coach as there is in all of football. And if that guy can't figure it out here and turn around here, I'm not sure we're going to see that guy in an NFL uniform.
Speaker 11: Ever, again, how would he have done with Belichick.
Speaker 1: Switching gears?
Speaker 2: Uh? Going down the list of news today, Trey Hendrickson, this comes out from ESPNU that he's gonna have surgery here, and gosh, Lap, you know, I mean, all the struggles of the defense this season and you know, not really having a fully healthy Trey Hendrickson. It may never I mean, this may be it. We may never see him again in the Bengals uniform as he was in the last year of his contract. And what do you what do you what do you think about you know, Trey Hendrickson. Is it is it time to kind of remember, well, you know, look back on his career here and think, hey, these are the good this was, this was this was overall really a good thing.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's the thing. I you know, the way it's ending is unfortunate because you know, here's a guy fifteen sax season, seventeen and a half sax season, you know, and then all kinds of quarterback pressures and hits to go along with it. Yeah, he was a force. I mean, uh, he was a guy that, you know, over a three to five year span, was as good as anybody putting pressure off the blind side of a right handed quarterback. And it's it's unfortunate that that it is ending this way because yeah, he's having surgery. In my understanding is it's six weeks for recovery. So the season's over unless the Bengals are in the playoffs. And if they are in the playoffs, I mean a lot of rust and dustin knock off there and be a significant contributor to the playoff cause. So I think you're right. I think we're we've seen the last of Trey Henderson here in the Cincinnati Bengals uniform.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, Dave I've said, and I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know if there's an argument, again said, I think he's you know, one of the greatest, if not the greatest free agent signing the Bengals have ever had in terms of like a strict free agent signed. I remember when, I remember where I was when the news broke, and I'm like, man.
Speaker 3: Who's I don't I don't really recall his name.
Speaker 1: I looked him up, like, Okay, he had a nice year there, but he was opposite uh what's his name? So I don't know how good he's gonna be, But man, he turned in some absolutely fantastic seasons right in the heart of some of those great Bengals teams.
Speaker 11: Really, no no doubt about it. I mean, this guy was a past rush demon. I mean he was about as good as there was in the National Football League, and the offensive coordinators lost sleep at night trying to figure out ways to uh contain him, slow him down, don't let him be a factor to his I mean he could cause turnovers, you know, knocking the ball free, making the quarterback throw the ball before he wants to and therefore thrown into coverage, not putting the ball where an open target is. I mean, he was an issue, and he made his teammates better, you know, because now everybody else is one on one. You know, everybody else has a chance, to legitimate chance to If I can get past this guy, I put it on that outside shoulder with a strong move, I can I can do some damage to the quarterback. So yeah, Trey Henderson was was definitely a tremendous player.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about the positives of yesterday.
Speaker 2: Lap you were there in the snow, you and Dan calling it, And how awesome was that first half of Joe Burrow versus Josh Allen and watching those two just incredible talents go back and forth and throw balls that you know, only maybe no other quarterbacks in all the world can can throw.
Speaker 4: It was amazing.
Speaker 11: You know, under those conditions, it was like a snow globe, you know, down there and uh are up there in Buffalo, and I mean the first three possessions for Joe Burrow touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, It's like, whoa, holy crap. I mean, you know that that's hard to do and in in great situations, uh, in terms of climate control and he he uh, Joe is a he's an amazing player. Unfortunately, he had the back to back uh snaps interceptions that that probably hasn't happened to him at any level in high school, college or the National Football League. So that one I think is probably gonna, you know, stay with him for a while, but he'll rebound. He hasn't w won bad performance. You know, keep him down very long. You can't in the National Football League. You know, you have to bounce back. You have to bounce back quickly. That's just the nature of the beast. And every every week you're playing the best of the best. So uh yeah that Uh those that weather those weather conditions though, I'll tell you one for people though that need to need to get a salute. The grounds crew. They were working their tails off.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 11: They were out there with those blowers and those brooms and they were they were working in shovels. They were getting it done, and they made the conditions as tolerable as possible, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was what a fun game. Lab If you're played in a snow game like that, I know you played in the Freezer Bowl, that's a different thing. You're playing in just a good old fashioned snow game like that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, the Freezer Bowl, obviously is the first. Is the most inclement weather condition I've.
Speaker 1: Ever played at least.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was nine.
Speaker 11: Below row temperature, fifty nine below windshill.
Speaker 1: And by the way, Lap like they that happened today, they wouldn't play the game. We've gotten softer. They would cancel that game.
Speaker 11: I think you know, it came dangerously close. It was like literally but then half an hour an hour of being canceled, but they decided decided to play it. And uh yeah, I was like big hands Johnson, and this dude's got muckers on him that are unbelievable and unbelievably strong, and I can't let him be grabbing me and yanking the material, you pulling cloths off my backside.
Speaker 4: So I did.
Speaker 11: I went sleeveless and uh and and you know, put vaciline. They'd allowed us to put vacline or exposed on your face, and and so I slapped it all over the slabbing it up and down the arms and it was so damn coll to coagulated.
Speaker 2: You know, that alone was worth your Ring of Honor induction, just that alone period period.
Speaker 11: It was crazy, It was It was crazy, nutty experience.
Speaker 1: One awesome all right. At one last thing I wanted to ask you about. I guess T Higgins is possibly, you know, has some you know, concussion type issues or what's going on with him. It didn't look like he came out of the game, uh in that greyish shape.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he had gaged again, you know, And you know how it is, once you start getting concussions, you can be susceptible to him. And he bounced off that turf pretty good. But man, that dude made some players, didn't he He is a freaking special player. He's got those long arms, those big hands. That one handed touchdown catch was a thing of beauty. And Joe Burrow has tremendous confidence in him. And we're talking about trust and respect, and you know, Jamar Chase obviously has it. Dean Burrow have been doing it since the LSU days, but so does T Higgins and Joe Burrow definitely has a one two punch that he feels is as good as any in the National Football League, and T Higgins is definitely a big part of.
Speaker 20: That, no doubt.
Speaker 2: Lap And I hope these guys can get it figured out on the defensive side for next season, because a playoffs with al Joe Burrow and T. Higgins and Jamar Chase is a darn shame. I mean, those guys are just so fun and then some of the other great you know, the offensive line has played really well for the most part of all season. For this offense to not be in the playoffs, it's you know Rock and I were talking earlier, is it's a real shame that we won't have the opportunity to potentially you see a rematch of those two teams yesterday in the playoffs, because yeah, I mean, that's that's that's fun. And the Banker's got to figure it out on defense and get back there.
Speaker 4: Yeah they do.
Speaker 11: I mean, you know, they don't have to be top three, top five now, just maybe twelve to fifteen, you know, I mean, just don't be giving up thirty five forty points a game when your offense is scoring thirty thirty two. Don't be giving up thirty five to forty. You know, it's that simple. It's like, man, you know, really just make a stop every once in a while, you know, make them line up and kick a field goal. It's just it is. It's totally frustrating. And they still have a lot of work to do from personnel standpoint. On that side of the football. They have some young players that they feel good about, they feel, you know, that worth developing and putting some time and energy into. But a long way to go before they rest.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: So, with that said, lab and we got about a minute with no Tree Henderson likely coming back next year, who are if you had to say, we need two guys, two guys on this defense to keep it and kind of build this thing off of and go into the drafts and go into free agency, who would you select off this current Bengals defense man.
Speaker 11: That's a good question, you know. I mean, I think I think Carters got potential at the linebacker position. I think he might hopefully, you know, develop into something I'm not talking about, you know, per aennial Pro bowler. And on the back end, they got some work to do there for sure. But yeah, that's the reason they're giving up.
Speaker 4: A number of points.
Speaker 11: You can't you can't rattle off a whole.
Speaker 1: Bunch exactly that. That's I'm in the same boat. Lab. I started to say, Oh, well, I don't know about that, but hopefully the Bengals figured out here.
Speaker 4: But laugh. We we got to run.
Speaker 3: But appreciate your time. What do you got on the show here coming up tonight.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we've got a whole plethora of reaction after the game in the locker room. We've We've got, you know, Zach Taylor talking about a couple of different segments with Zach Taylor talking about his reaction to what took place and what was good and what wasn't in during the course of the football game. We also uh talked to Miles Murphy and Orlando Brown to get offensive and defensive perspective and a whole plusor We've got a lot of sound in the post game that hopefully people would enjoy.
Speaker 3: Awesome, Lab, you're the best man, Really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: All right, man, we'll see you. Yes.
Speaker 1: Well, the only Dave Lebe, I mean, the guy watches the Bengals like every day and he's having a hard time come probably Yeah, I think I think he's had at times a breakout season. I think he's one of them trying to look for some positives here, you know, Shamar Stewart, come home, come home. All right with that, Let's check some trafficking weather. How are you looking.
Speaker 5: From the UC Health Traffic Center. At juc Health, you'll find comprehensive care so personal makes your best tomorrow possible, bombless care for better outcome to depect more. You see heealth dot com Well On two seventy five westbound before Winton We've got about a twenty minute delay out right lane has taken up with the crash and Delanys back to Princeton Pike and then two seventy five westbound at Hamilton. Two left lanes are blocked. Delane's back to Winton Road. A couple of minute delay through the area. Exit ramp is taken up. On seventy five southbound the off seventy five in Ohio. We do have police in a tow truck on the scene here seventy five northbound of Kyle's lanea right lane block delays to right around Donaldson. About a twenty five minute slowdown through that stretch. My rix s REP News Radio seven hundred double do well W.
Speaker 1: In the forecast tonight a few passing clouds, winds light and variable, a low of eighteen degrees, and then tomorrow's some am clouds but sun in the afternoon. The hi'll be forty. Right now, it is thirty three News Radio, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: All right, mister Penny, I'm going to say a word, and you tell me the first thing that pops into your mind.
Speaker 1: Got you doc comfortable?
Speaker 10: Scott's loan desirable?
Speaker 4: Scott's loan.
Speaker 10: You cannot say Scott's phone every time?
Speaker 11: All right, all right, I won't.
Speaker 10: Goodhed The word is charming. A monkey, but that's good.
Speaker 3: A monkey in the jungle listening to Scott's.
Speaker 10: Loan, Scott's loan, you may become obsessed.
Speaker 12: Join me Scott's Loan tomorrow morning at nine o'clock on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: Monkey listening to scott sloan, you're telling me they don't.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by Apollo Home, your source for plumbing, heating, and air and electrical.
Speaker 8: Get ready for reliable home comfort in any season with Apollo Home. For a limited time, get a twenty nine dollars h back tune up from the hometown.
Speaker 1: He rose of service, all right, welcome back Rocky alongside Jason Williams and Jason. Kind of a confusing thing going on here, but a lot of Biden battles amongst the titans of broadcasts and television and entertainment. I guess Paramount is launching a bid to acquire Warner Brothers. With the latest on this from ABC are good friend, Alex Stone, Alex what is the latest with these potential huge mergers here?
Speaker 20: Yeah, so this is all to talk of Hollywood right now where I am, and President Trump is weighing in. Trump met with Netflix CEO Ted Sarandos say in the Oval office, he's calling him a great man, says that he could be a good deal, but it might be too big. But then one of the investment firms now representing Paramount and their deal, that one's led by Jared Kushner and by the way, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Cutter as well. So big money, big political influence, all the CEOs and getting a lot very close to the President, knowing that the power that he could have getting through any antitrust concerns here. But basically Netflix offered just shy of twenty eight dollars a share, and Warner Brothers went for that unanimously. The Warner Brothers board said that is the deal. And now Paramount is saying, wait a second, we offered thirty dollars and nobody got back to us a better deal, and now they're making a hostile bid for Warner Brothers.
Speaker 11: Meeting.
Speaker 20: It appears their board today to maybe even go above thirty dollars. And today Paramount CEO David Ellison, the Ellison family, close to the president as well, was on CNBC saying.
Speaker 21: Well, we're creating by putting these two companies together.
Speaker 4: Is a real.
Speaker 22: Competitor to Netflix, a real competitor to Amazon, a real competitor to Disney, not something that is so anti competitive. There will be no more competition in Hollywood if this deal is allowed to come to pass.
Speaker 20: Now, the Paramount bid would be for Warner Brothers plus the things that Netflix does not want, HBO, HBO, Max, CNN film production, some of the film production the Netflix would not include in their deal. So with Paramount, they are spending more, but they're getting more and Warner Brothers, they made that unanimous approval of the Netflix offer. Today they are telling their shareholders it is not changing that they support the Netflix deal and they want to go Netflix. A little while ago, Netflix CEO Ted Sarandos, he was at the UBS Global Media and Communications Conference in New York, sounding like it's a done deal.
Speaker 4: It's not.
Speaker 20: It may end up being Netflix not done yet, but he's making it sound like it is.
Speaker 21: We're going into a deal that we're really excited about. We think this deal with Warner Brothers is control shareholders. I think it's good for consumers who think it's good for creators, but I think it's great for the entertainment industry as a whole, as we're creating and protecting jobs and production and guys.
Speaker 20: There are a ton of anti trust concerns around the whole thing of Netflix owned Warner Brothers. Dominic Patton, executive editor of the Hollywood side Deadline, He says, it's hard to explain what a big deal this is. The amount of content, the amount of platforms, the amount of eyeballs involved in this is megabox. On a mega level, the Netflix offer would be worth eighty three just shy of eighty three billion dollars. It would be the biggest sale of a Hollywood Studio. Ever, it would combine Netflix with the home of DC Studios, with Harry Potter, a lot of other properties. Put you take Netflix, the biggest streamer in the country and in the world, with the third biggest streamer in the country, HBO Max, and you do have more than fifty one percent of the streaming audience. So today Warner Brothers is telling shareholders do nothing at this moment, Well, it gets figured out. They're standing behind Netflix, but Paramount says that Warner Brothers should be theirs because they have a stronger offer and they would pick up more of a Warner Brothers is trying to offload here for HBO and CNN and the studio production. So at this point it's unclear how it's going to shake out, but it is. It is a big deal. Whichever way this goes, this is wow.
Speaker 3: This is head spinning, and.
Speaker 2: Hollywood would be would be completely different after this. Can you explain the reason why the lay of the land is space? Then just spacely would be two major companies. It would be Netflix and Paramount, and then that's it.
Speaker 20: I mean no, you would still have Amazon and Disney and some others that are out there, but especially if it were Netflix and Warner Brothers coming together, that would be monumental, and the size of it paramount a little less so. But if it's in Netflix and Warner Brothers, and really here in the industry world of movie making and TV making, you got two different sides. You have some who are you rooting this on? Saying the money would it would revitalize the TV and movie industry. Things would get greenlit that studios aren't paying money for right now. They think it would be great. You've got another side saying this would be the worst thing ever, that this would be a monopoly among all monopolies, where one streaming company owns so much of the content and has rights to everything and can decide make or break careers by saying nope, we don't want to do it, and you have nobody else to know to. So I mean, two very strong sides here in the Hollywood community, and it's it's a fight right now. You've got Paramount of Netflix. Netflix is kind of saying it's ours back off, and Paramount is saying not yet, that they're going to come and take the deal.
Speaker 3: Very interesting.
Speaker 1: I guess is there anything that I mean that Warner Brothers does particularly well. That makes them such a you know what I mean, Are they great at this one thing where the others are or is it just the same.
Speaker 20: Well, I mean they've got a lot of content, and the content is king and all of this. You think of when Disney, we always have to say the parent company of the ABC is when they have bought properties like Marvel and others. They're going for the content and you Pixar all of that. They're going for the content and some of the technology as well, but really what they can put on their services. That's why Netflix doesn't want HBO Max. They don't want the platform. They want the rights to what Warner Brothers has made. They don't want CNN. They don't want to run a newsroom and all of the and the cost of running a news operation globally. They don't even really want the studio production because they can do that on their own, but really most of that they outsourced. They hire production companies to do it. So now that they would own all of these studios and studio production and everything else, they want the content. And we're in as paramount is saying no, we know how to run a news operation. We know how to run studios, and we do want to do all of that, and then so their offer is more encompassing.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Well, we shall see how it all develops. Alex, we really appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You got to thank Kas and Jason and other news. I got a couple license plate stories here for you. Okay, not know this, but I guess Now in Florida they're making most license plate frames illegal. Okaym have slipped on your radar. Florida now prohibits any obstruction of license plates, making a second gree misdemeanor under House Build two fifty three and Statute three twenty Dash zero sixty one. The new legislation makes it illegal to block, cover, distort, or even slightly obscure a Florida license plate, with penalties that includes sixty days in jail or a five hundred dollars fine for knowing me driving with an obscured plate. So everybody has a lot of those little frame things and this and that, and if any of it covers up a little bit of a number or something, I can see that.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's some of those that are pretty elaborate, you know, oh yeah, you know, but like Notre Dame Alum notre you know Ohio State Buckeyes fan, or you know Ohio State Buckeyes Nay fan, but like, and some of those can kind of get a little deep and cover up sometimes definitely cut cover up what state, right the license plate is, so I can see that.
Speaker 1: So, I mean probably most of them are are harmless, but some of them are trying to obscure your license plate, whether if you're driving through an area that has tolls or you know, you know, over the cops that sort of thing. Which here's another story, and this is in Australia, but a a motorists used a technique you might see out of like Double O seven, where he essentially he had a remote controlled plate that folded down and covered his license plate. So you say, you're getting ready to go through a toll, he has a little remote control.
Speaker 3: And puts like a fake plate over the real plate.
Speaker 1: I don't even have made a fake. It looks like it was just like a like a blank just like a white piece of metal. And well they finally caught up with it because they're they're pretty smart. But as he was okay, he passed under a toll alongside of bright blue Lexus gs, he noticed something was quite right. The Lexus's license plate appeared blank. This is the cop talking, but Bo. Now the police have finally caught up to him. Police say the driver was a twenty two year old. He used a stealth plate curtain to dodge tolls. Now I've thought about that every time I go through it. By the way, I think, I think paying a toll is un American nice man In a way, I would make the argument that you know, our taxes, you know, if you're using the highway system, then you should pay into that. But that's what our other taxes are supposed to be paying for that. All of our other taxes are supposed to be paying for streets, you know, the roadways, bridges, all that stuff. But now they added to throw another tax on top of that. Because our taxes that were supposed to cover are covering fifty different other things, they shouldn't be covered. Brother, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: You go out like we did this trip out over the summer, my buddy Lee and I we took our sons out. We did a baseball trip, went to Baltimore Camman Yards and went up the Yankee Stadium, then onto the Fenway Park. So we did three stadiums East Coast and and you know, so Maryland has a toe just driving, Maryland has a toll, Massachusetts has a toll.
Speaker 1: New York has a toll.
Speaker 2: And then you start getting all those bills because it's not it's all there's no toll boost. So then you start getting those because they just take a picture of license plate. And then I made the mistake of like just being I'll pay those when I get to them, oh, no, thirty days, and that thing goes up. Well, I end up paying dog gone. I bet I end up paying well over one hundred I think it was like one hundred and twenty bucks total because I let them all like I didn't realize they they penalized you that quick, like yeah, fine or whatever.
Speaker 7: I'm like, but just.
Speaker 2: Alone though, I'm like, good lord, I mean, imagine how much money they're making with all those especially that's such a heavily populated area of the country. It's like, where's the money going now? I will say, like Maryland's Maryland's highways were smooth.
Speaker 1: There's a baby's bind. I mean those things were smoo but I mean come and and then and again again. That's great, but that that's what all the other taxes we pay I think should be going to agreed? I mean we're already paying a state gas tax, a federal gas tax. Yeah, what other gas tax or what other taxes are we paying? I'm sure California has even a local gas tax, Sure, a neighborhood gas tax. I'm a i'm a. I'm of the opinion your tax should go to roads, clean water, in a military.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 1: If you can privatize any of those. I'm mom up for listening. That's what your tax should go to. Roads, military?
Speaker 7: And what was the other one?
Speaker 4: I said?
Speaker 1: Clean water? I throw police and fire in there.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what I mean by military police fire.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, the safety aspect of Yeah, we should go to cops, firefighters, paramedics in the military.
Speaker 2: But never all be driving on smooth streets and highways all over this country and.
Speaker 1: We wouldn't have to use license plate covers like these guys say or down in Florida, I mean remote control. Come on, you decided to try that? All right, let's go ahead ject some trafficking weather.
Speaker 3: How are we looking