Speaker 1: Wow, this is Bengals Line on the Bengals Radio Network pay Corps. Pay Corps proud to be the official HR software provider of the Cincinnati Bengals. Kettering elth best Care for the Best Fans, Kettling ELF, Official healthcare provider of US Cincinnati Bengals. This is seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get it going on this Monday night, three full hours about to unfold. Of It's Monday, it's Bengals line, and if it's a win, it's a victory Monday. And we like victory Mondays. Yesterday thirty seven fourteen Bengals over the Cardinals. Next up, the Browns come to town at pay Corps one o'clock kickoff on Sunday. We've got so many things to get to between now and then, coaches, players, analysis, breakdown and more and Dave Lapham. They took on a beaten up and beaten down Arizona team and did exactly what you would like to see them do. The offense was clicking on all cylinders. The defense was forcing three and outs at punts left and right. There was fun to he had with Cody Ford. And everybody who was active yesterday at least a snap I had. I counted twenty two players on offense got snaps, twenty three on defense got snaps, plus special teams. There was fun had by all yesterday.
Speaker 3: I think that sums it up. Lance. I think that's a great analysis, with the major point being everybody had fun. Cody Ford had a great time, man, you know, to get involved. He's he's almost like Fridge Junior. Now you know, he'll go down in Bengals Laura as William the refrigerator of Perry Uh number two.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: But really, I thought that they played a lot of players, like you said, and I think part of that is there's evaluation going on. You know, the game got out of control to the point where the Bengals had a lead, they felt real comfortable. List so they said, Okay, this is a good opportunity to get guys on the field, get them game reps, game snaps. You know, we think we know if they've improved a little bit because we've been monitoring their progress at practice. And but you know, game snaps are different. Game speed is different. You have to make quicker decisions and you know, are you going to have lapses in memory and in terms of assignment or adjustments you have to make and to get those guys those snaps, they're extremely valuable, and you know they're probably hoping they can get the same thing done against the Cleveland Browns, although the Browns man playing pretty well. Upset in the Pittsburgh Steelers, like they did. You go there and I think it was in Pittsburgh, wasn't it. You know, you go to Pittsburgh and you knock the Pittsburgh Steelers off, who have playoff aspirations and they're trying to get as high a seed as they possibly can. That's a heck of a win. I mean, Kevin Stefanski has to be proud of all of his coaches, as players and everybody involved there. And we'll get into a lot of that, a lot more of that later, but that that's a big victory. But you know, the Bengals, the last two opponents are combined six wins and twenty four losses. So you got you gotta hope. Now, you know, the Arizona Cardinals they fall to to four and twelve. The you know the Cleveland Browns, Hey, you know they they they get it, they get it done. That's a that's a big win for them down the stretch. And I think, honestly, if the Bengals can win three in a row lance to end the year twenty twenty five season, at least the foundations being laid for twenty twenty six. You know, it's okay, we didn't go well. You know, we had a big lull, We won two big you know, things fell apart injury biggest reason. Didn't play well enough to get a playoff seed and to advance in the playoffs. But okay, we finished strong. You know, let's give them a little credit for that. They didn't quit, They didn't quit on each other. Nobody threw in the towel. Everybody played hard till the end of the season. And you know, they're I think they're hoping that this twenty twenty five finish carries over to twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: And we talked about it a week ago, sitting in these very seats, when you're playing a team that's wounded and down, like the Cardinals, jump on them early. Bengals win the toss, take the football, and March twelve place many two yards put a touchdown on the board. You could not have scripted it any better, absolutely, Lance, And you know then then three and out yep for Arizona. And then the Bengals got down the field again. Yeah, and they're at fourteen nothing before Arizona knows what hit him. I mean, you know, their heads are spinning collectively. It's like geez.
Speaker 3: And now all of a sudden you have to approach the game a lot differently. You know, down fourteen nothing on the road that quickly, that that takes the wind out of your sales. And the Arizona Cardinals had to make some adjustments and the Cincinnati Bengals just poured it on.
Speaker 2: Let's pick up a reaction immediately after the game. Here's Dave with coach Zach Taylor.
Speaker 3: Your offense was extraordinary today, I mean really really good, high percentage of the time, scoring points, red zone, unbelievably effective in the red zone, dominant in the red zone, on third down, dominant on third down. Those are two big areas to be dominant. How proud of your what your offense was able to do out there today?
Speaker 4: Yeah, really proud.
Speaker 5: You know, just scoring touchdowns on six I mean scoring points on six of our first seven drives, and really the field goal was we had the ball in the minus two and worked our way out of there and we're able to get that field goal. So you know, that's what we intend to do when we take the field. And defense, obviously, they're a great job getting us the ball back quickly often times and getting some stops and so I was just really proud of our team in all three phases.
Speaker 6: Today.
Speaker 3: Joe Burrow is playing some phenomenal football. Quarterback rating last week of one forty six plus quarterback rating this week of one thirty six plus against you know, pretty good defense as well, put together good schemes, play hard. I mean, they're solid defensive units. What makes Joe Burrow so great?
Speaker 5: Oh, he's an elite process or elite competitor, elite accuracy, incredible athleticism for the position. And I think what people won't really understand is the level of difficulty on the third downs and the second and ten pluses today that face when you face Arizona.
Speaker 4: It's unique packages that really attack you.
Speaker 5: And he was stown cold in terms of making the protection checks and going where the ball needed to go, and that really allowed us to convert early in the game, where if you don't convert those then it's a whole different ballgame. So huge credit to him, his communication and his ability to process first.
Speaker 3: Two drives, touchdowns, fourteen points. What is to do for you as a play caller and what does it do for Joe Burrow and your offense and your defensive football team to get off to that kind of start.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's important. I mean, that's why we took the ball in the coin toss. We win the coin toss, we take the ball. We want to establish a leader early. It's critical that we put pressure on them traveling across the country, you know, with a little bit of how their season's gone. You want to take away any hope early on. And I thought our offense did a great job of finishing with a touchdown the first drive. In the defense getting a three and out was a great way to start this game.
Speaker 3: Off forty five points. Last week score forty yep. But it seems like every time you hit the field now down the stretch, he's going to score forty points for more. What is it? What has been unlocked is what is Joe Burrow? The skill players, what's happening offensively that just could not be found, you know, earlier in the season.
Speaker 5: We have unbelievable chemistry amongst the coaches and players. I think it's it's the closest to you, and it can be offensively in the NFL. You know, just the way that players understand what we're trying to get out of them. I think our coaching stats is a great job, but playing to the strengths a lot of these guys. We can attack teams in a lot of different ways, and so there's just a two way confidence between the coaches and the players that we're going to go out there and score when we get the opportunities, and really proud of the way the guys attack this game.
Speaker 3: Well, it's like Bengal fans and probably players and coaches. I don't want the season end. You guys are playing such great football. It's entertaining. I mean, it's fun to watch this football team go out and perform, and that's what it's all about. Coach, how how much are you looking forward to twenty twenty six?
Speaker 5: Well, I want to finish this off the right way. We have an awesome chance in front of our home fans to get another Divisional win and finish forward to the division and Sweet Cleveland and finished this thing the right way, and then and then we'll focus on all that other stuff next year. But right now, the important thing is that we finished this off at home in front of our fans the right way.
Speaker 2: Zach Taylor immediately after the game still ahead, we'll hear from Joe Burrow busy first out. We're always busy. We got Joe Burrow ahead, Chase Brown ahead, Dax Hill ahead, Jamar Chase and more. We're breaking it all down on a victory Monday, Bengals over the Cardinals. Thanks for joining us, Hang out and relax. We've got you covered for the next three hours. It's Bengals line of the Bengals Radio Network and seven hundred WLW and ESPN fifteen thirty. We're rolling right along in this Monday night talking Bengals and Bengals lineup the Bengals Radio Network, seven hundred WLW at ESPN fifteen thirty Lands but Cantleister Dave Lapham thirty seven to fourteen. The final numbers Bengals beat the Cardinals. Joe Burrow was twenty four of thirty one, three hundred and five yards, two touchdowns quarterback rating. Look at those numbers, one twenty nine point one here's QB one after the game.
Speaker 7: Kind of weird here today.
Speaker 8: Yeah, plan because he just you've said for years at you're open, you'll the ball.
Speaker 7: Yeah I was.
Speaker 9: I was thinking Jamar and then safety played it pretty good, so I just progressed outside to Cody. I threw it to him early early in the week in practice, kind of as a joke, but that's just how the play played out.
Speaker 10: What were your what was your reaction when they said we we gotta play for Cody maybe before Cody, like you said, I could played with Cody in the game, but.
Speaker 7: I'm always for fun stuff like that. Number one, you know, defense kind.
Speaker 9: Of keep him off balanced. Number two is just fun. I was going to Jamar first, but then I checked Drew didn't work out.
Speaker 7: I'm outside of Cody. What did you think of Cody with off side? What do you think of Cody with ball? His hands couldn't believe I was watching but he was sick.
Speaker 8: Do you ever see him play basketball or it was.
Speaker 6: Nope?
Speaker 7: I have not.
Speaker 8: Would you think the offense is a holiday?
Speaker 9: I thought we were pretty pretty productive, pretty efficient. I thought we were I thought Chase Brown was great.
Speaker 7: He's been great all year.
Speaker 9: He made plays when we had two, but stayed on schedule, converted third downs.
Speaker 7: I thought it was a efficient performance.
Speaker 5: Cody just told us he was a tight end in middle school and freshman year.
Speaker 7: You see the roots that I do. I do, I do.
Speaker 9: Long long time ago, but I do.
Speaker 11: I thought that Chase Brown he was phenomenal to close last season.
Speaker 7: But how have you even seen him take the next step this year?
Speaker 9: Yeah, he just keeps getting better. He last year he hit a level that you know, once you hit that level, then you're just continuous improvement in all areas of your game. There was he didn't have any weaknesses last year, and he just stepped up a notch this year.
Speaker 7: It's been fun to watch the.
Speaker 2: Third and twenty good exact twice.
Speaker 8: And when you gave it to him on the third and.
Speaker 10: Twenty, are you thinking age take it and get it as supposed to throw the wing.
Speaker 7: If you can't, what's going for you? Yeah?
Speaker 9: We just called the screen there, just trying to get it out of our hands. And you know, he made a play, got us and filled orange, got his points. That was a big play in the game over the last two weeks. In the third quarter, Chase Brown House combined five touchdowns.
Speaker 8: Is there any rhyme or reasons that you think.
Speaker 7: No, that's just how it plays out, Joe.
Speaker 5: There's always a lot of meetingless football.
Speaker 8: Is this What meaning does this.
Speaker 7: Kind of game have when you have this conderformance, you know, and do what you'all did today.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's you know, every time we go out there, you know, we're putting our bodies on the line and going out and trying to prove.
Speaker 7: Ourselves in front of the world.
Speaker 9: Playoffs are out of the question, obviously, but anytime you step foot out there, you're playing for pride, playing for your guys and trying to execute and trying to put good stuff on tape.
Speaker 11: Is there a part of y'all that wants to send a message that, hey, we might be out of it this year, but next year we feel like we can do something.
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 12: I mean?
Speaker 9: Every every year is so new new players, new team, new schemes.
Speaker 7: We're just trying to go on play well right now.
Speaker 3: I know you're not.
Speaker 11: Watching every snap of the defense. You're looking all of those things, But for them to perform the way they did against the good offense today, what does that mean?
Speaker 9: Yeah, we tackled well, we stopped the run. And when you do those two things, then you get to third down, and you know anything can happen on third down. So the key is stopping the run. And we've done that for for several weeks.
Speaker 7: In a row now. It's been fun to watch out.
Speaker 11: You see Miles develop change, have you in practice? Obviously he's been far more productive of the past few months.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's always He's always been a good practice player. Practice is hard, just impacting the game. And like I said earlier this week, I don't I don't know anything about his specific gap response abilities on any specific plays. I just see him around the football, around the quarterback, making plays, hitting people, impacting the game in a lot of different ways.
Speaker 2: It's been funne Launch Joe Burrow was dealing yesterday and Dave, you've used the term how good he is at processing? And from a computer standpoint, the the CPU on my computer is the central processing unit. Explain Joe Burrow's processing and how good he is at doing it.
Speaker 6: He is.
Speaker 3: I think he's the best I've seen Lance. He is. He's phenomenal. I've been around some quarterbacks that had brilliant football IQ like Kenny Anderson, Boomer size and the like. And I'm sure around the league there's been you know, a myriad of quarterbacks that you know, players, teammates, opponents, coaches. Opposing coaches say, oh, this guy is brilliant. That's what Joe Burrow is. Joe Burrow is brilliant. Joe Burrow when he's he's always look at him. When he breaks the hot on and he sets up in the shotgunner, he's he's under getting ready to get understand. His eyes are everywhere, man, his eyes are darting around. He is, he's absorbing everything he can. He is he's got great peripheral vision, and he is like checking out the entire football field. He's looking at not only in the secondary. He's not only looking at a guy in the secondary. And there may be you know, they may during the course of the week have determined that where the safety tips, you know, when he's blitzing, or the safety tilts a little bit when he's going to be in cover you know, cover two. Uh so watch for that, watch for that. He watches for those little things, but those are minor compared to everything. And he is, like you said, is like computer chip processing processing. And then he he says, Okay, here's the play, the play was that was called. Here's the area of the field that we're attacking. How am I going to attack it? What do I need to do? How do we how do I put my team in the in the best possible position to win this snap and to win the you know, the the series, to win the court, win the half, win the game. He's always thinking, He's always thinking ahead. He never looks back. That's the other thing about him that I think is part of his mentality, his process. When he does make a mistake, if he throws an interception or screws something up, makes a poor read, throws the ball where he shouldn't have, he gets over it. Man, he puts it away. It doesn't linger. He's one of those guys And Okay, well I screwed that up. I sucked on that snap. But I'm not going to suck at anymore snaps. I'm gonna play you know, outstanding football the rest of the way down the stretch. And that I think that's what makes him a great leader. Is I mean, he's got unbelievable physical and mental talent, but his ability to learn to digest, regurgitate, accurately and read things, read defenses is second to none, Dave.
Speaker 2: The last two weeks, if Joe Burrow forty nine of sixty three, he's seventy six touchdowns, no interceptions, quarterback rating of one thirty nine. And oh, by the way, he's basically sat out all the fourth quarter of the last two weeks, so all those numbers are in six quarters of action. He's been unbelievable, he really has.
Speaker 3: I mean, in a game and a half to have six touchdowns, no interceptions and completing seventy eight percent.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 3: It was a strike shortened season. The nineteen eighty two season, Kenny Anderson completed seventy one percent of his passes, close to seventy two percent for a season now again shortened season. But when you do that for four six eight games, like you know, like these guys can do and are doing, it is remarkable. It's it's amazing how accurate Joe Burrow is and Kenny Anderson was the same way. I remember Kenny would ask me, you know, let's go out a little early. I want to throw, and uh, I want to I'm going to, you know, work on my accuracy. Naval right showal at boom balls right there, running your nose between your He was pinpoint with his accuracy, as is Joe Burrow.
Speaker 2: All right, here's what we're going to do. As we reached the bottom of the hour on seven hundred wlwinue on with Dan Horden, Steve Logan, and you see basketball against Lipscomb. We will continue on with Bengals line until nine on ESPN fifteen thirty. So hoops on seven hundred football on ESPN fifteen thirty, and up next on Bengals Line, we'll hear from Chase Brown as we continue on seven hundred WLW and ESPN fifteen thirty. We're rolling right along this Monday night, breaking down all things Bengals in the course of three hours that I had a Bengals line and the Bengals Radio network. In a ESPN fifteen thirty Lancemcalister hanging out with Dave Lapham. We've heard from Zach Taylor, We've heard from Joe Burrow. Let's talk about Chase Brown, who had another Chase Brown type day when it was all said and done, twenty two carries, one hundred and one yards in the ground, two touchdowns through the air, three catches for forty yards, including a nineteen yard swing pass. Here's Chase after the game with Dave.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about your game? How do you feel like you've been playing.
Speaker 13: I've been playing well, making the most opportunities I come.
Speaker 12: On with my way.
Speaker 13: But most importantly, like like you said, being able to receive the ball and then step up and protection is I don't know. We take pride in and this offense, especially in our own so I mean like Samaj did today, like he stepped up and knocks somebody on there butt.
Speaker 12: That's like a touchdown as.
Speaker 13: Far as energy wise, and how we feel about that.
Speaker 12: So feel really good about how we're playing.
Speaker 13: Just got to finish off the season good and bring that energy into next year.
Speaker 3: Samaja in yourself that check sept It's got some juice, man. I mean, you guys can do everything. Both of you are complete.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: Samaji like yourself, runs the ball very effectively like you do. Is a good receiver, runs good routes, nil stick his nose in there and plaster linebackers and defensive backs as well. He definitely will. What does it do for this offense when both of you and the backfield at the same time.
Speaker 13: I think it gives us a boost. I mean we're both a threat. You can't really predict what we're doing. Like, even if I'm out there on third down, doesn't mean it's going to be a run or a pas. I can so step up their protection. And likewise, if you know some AJ's in there in early downs, it's it's not like you know, it's not like we're just going to pass the ball.
Speaker 12: He can run the ball as well.
Speaker 13: So I think we're both versatile players and as far as what we bring to the table, and they keeps defenses on their heels.
Speaker 3: Joe Burrow phenomenal quarterback.
Speaker 6: I mean one of one.
Speaker 3: Obviously he's MVP. I mean when he gets enough snaps every year, he's going to be an MVP. There's no no question about it. How different is this offense when Joe Burrows at the helmet quarterback cletally different?
Speaker 13: I mean when Joe's playing and he brings it, brings a different energy.
Speaker 12: To the locker room, to the stadium.
Speaker 13: Like, so you feel that going in the games he means a lot.
Speaker 12: And you know we've missed him this whole year, but the way that he's been playing the especially with the season and how it's been.
Speaker 13: Like, I mean, he could have easily just called the quits, but you know he's.
Speaker 12: A competitor and he wants to come back and he was always trying to prove himself.
Speaker 13: So that's a guy that you know, you want to play behind and will push you to play hard.
Speaker 3: Jamar Chase and t Higgins pretty good receivers. Man, that's a pretty good duo. There are right, pretty good duo, as good as there is in the in the National Football League. What does it do for the rest of the offensive skill players to have those two guys doing their thing out in the field.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they demand a lot of attention. Having two number one receivers and the best quarterback in the world, I mean demands a lot of They demand a lot of attention. So it opens up, you know, space for guys like myself and you know, Dre and samaj and all the playmakers that we have in this offense.
Speaker 3: What about your defense. They've been playing pretty well. I mean their graft has gone up the last month or so. They put together some pretty good football games, and I mean they didn't let Arizona do much of anything. They kept them out of the end zone. Big time. What they did on third down was extraordinary. What they did in the red zone was extraordinary. What about your defense today?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean, you know, coach Connor Bapa stat in the locker room within the game talking about three thirteen third downs that's what that's all they were able to execute today on So that's huge, giving us the ball back, allowing us to go out there and.
Speaker 14: Put points on the boy.
Speaker 13: So that's complimentary football with there.
Speaker 3: And then finally you got a cup. You got another game left. You got two in a row, now, two wins in a row. You've got the Cleveland Browns who just had a big upset win over the Pittsburgh Steelers. They did beat them, Yeah, they knocked them off. So they'll be coming in here on a bit of a high.
Speaker 6: Obviously.
Speaker 3: What does it mean for this football team to win three in a row to finish the season.
Speaker 13: It's finnas strong. I mean, it's just for everybody in the locker room. You want to play for your brothers, So why not finish the season on a win and bring that energy in the next thing.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it, Appreciate your time. You had a hell of a season, My man, keep working Sir.
Speaker 2: Chase Brown after another big productive day both catching the ball and rushing the ball and David. Usually when you play video games, there's a button. There's like a turbo button or a power boost button, and I love it when Chase Brown gets the ball, it's almost like you hit that button and he boomm. And yesterday he been tossed in a jump cut off of one. I'm like, wait minute, video games don't do that. He was something again yesterday he really was.
Speaker 3: I mean when when you look at Chase Brown, such a valuable asset to the offense because you got a complete running back there. You got a running back that can run the football well. Like you mentioned last, the explosiveness, I mean, his first step quickness is that what you're talking that video game. It's like boom, He's He's at close high full speed, if not full speed, in a step or two. It is unbelievable how quickly he can accelerate. And that I think defensive players underestimate that. They they misjudge it, they misstime it. You know, all of a sudden point, he's up on them before they realize it, and he'll power through them. I mean rarely does he get hit and knocked backwards. When he gets hit, he's either falling forward or he's no gain, you know. I mean it's not he's not getting any pick on any additional yardage. But I'm telling you, man, the guy, he really he lowers his hips, sinks his hips, bends his knees. He's got great flexibility the way he can run the football, and then the way he can put his foot in the ground and change direction. I mean on a dime, cut on a dime, and he's playing his best football, it really is down the stretch of the season, and he's putting together one hundred yard scrimmage days time after time. In terms of yards rushing, in yards receiving. He's a complete back because that's the other thing that he does. Runs great routes out of the backfield, and he's a very sure catch. Joe Burrow has all the confidence in the world. And Chase Brown catching the football in fact, I mean it looks a little fuzzy or doesn't like what he sees down, he'll check it down to Chase Brown and say, okay, second and five, second and four, let's live for that down. You know, Let's not waste it down here, so and then the final thing is he'll stick his nose right into him in on a linebacker, right in the guy's chest, and same thing, safety or whoever's trying to pressure Joe Burrow's quarterback. He's going to keep his quarterback clean at all costs.
Speaker 2: We're talking nine hundred and forty seven yards rushing. So he's got a chance for one thousand this coming nice Sunday against the Browns. He has sixty five catches. They've targeted him eighty two times this season for sixty five catches. And you mentioned it, Dave. That checkdown or that swing pass, that's lethal. I mean, sometimes it's almost unfair because the guys in space have no chance to bring down Chase Brown in some cases absolutely.
Speaker 3: I mean Paul Brown used to we had a running back, Essex Johnson, and Paul Brown used to say to Kenny Anderson, when you in the West Coast offense and the Bengals, it's not exactly the West Coast offense, but there are some principles there. And you know, Paul Bown would say, all right, if you don't have anything that you like down the football field, get it in Essex Johnson's hands, if he's swinging out of the backfield, that's like a long lateral. If it's a five yard hook down the football field, you should hit that ninety nine times out of one hundred. Get the ball in Essex Johnson's and we're advancing the ball, we're you know, moving the down in distance marker. So that's he's the kind of guy. In fact, he reminds me a little bit of Essex Johnson because built the same way, not you know, five nine, five ten, two hundred and fifteen, two hundred and twenty pounds, more powerful because of that build, more explosive and powerful than defenders realize. Uh, Chase Brown's gonna be around a long time.
Speaker 2: Still ahead, Let's flip the script to the defensive side of things here from Dax Hill. As we continue, He's Dave Lapham, I'm lancemacallister. We thank you for tagging along with us tonight it's Bengals Line on the Bengals Radio Network and ESPN fifteen thirty Cincinnati Sports Station. Keep moving right along in this Monday night. It's a victory Monday. We love victory Monday's. Time flies when you're having fun with a thirty seven fourteen win over the Kurdles. Let's talk about the defense. Fourteen points allowed yesterday, one late drive I've and all around effort from the defense is the effort continues to ramp up, and certainly Dax Hill has been very good for this team. Let's hear from Dax after the game with Dan Horde.
Speaker 15: Dax, you had at least three pass breakups today, maybe more. How did you feel about your own performance today?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 6: I feel great.
Speaker 17: I mean, just came out fast and yeah, I'm just in a lot of good positions this week, and I felt like that was just a testament of the week that we had.
Speaker 3: On defense and practice.
Speaker 7: I felt like that kind of started throughout.
Speaker 17: The early in the week and showed today as a result.
Speaker 6: I love to win.
Speaker 15: So last week, the starting defense gave up fourteen before the Dolphins scored a late kind of garbage time touchdown. Today was seven until the Cardinals scored a late garbage time touchdown. How has that impacted the feeling of you guys on defense with the way that you've grown in the tail half of the season.
Speaker 17: Oh yeah, I mean really just you know, holding guys to a certain amount of points. I mean, I feel like if you know, if we start fast and hold them to you know, just a couple of points, and I feel like that'll bleed into like the second half. And I mean we had that one touchdown that we shouldn't have given up. But I felt like we came back, you know, in the second half, ready to you know, stop whatever that or stop whatever they were gonna do, and they didn't really do a whole lot. I mean, we had a lot of pressure on the quarterback, so we kind of just made it hard on them from the second half.
Speaker 15: With Jalen playing inside recently, you've been playing outside. I don't know that there are two outside corners playing better together right now than you and DJ. Do you feel that way?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 12: I mean I definitely.
Speaker 17: I mean he started the momentum out you know, early throughout the year, and you know he's.
Speaker 6: Still doing it.
Speaker 17: And you know, whenever I, h, you know, moved outside, I really just wanted to, you know, you know, uphill uphold the standard and just hold my own out there.
Speaker 14: So you felt like we Yeah, we kind of just been.
Speaker 12: Bouncing bouncing off each other the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 10: So it's been great for both of us.
Speaker 15: Tell me about what it was like to be a defensive player today. When Cody Ford made his twenty one yard catch, I.
Speaker 17: Was like, I mean, if I was out there on defense, I'm like, man, I'm playing I'm playing off I'm like, this guy is not getting the ball right now.
Speaker 12: He got the ball and that was like so surprising. But yeah, it was just funny just seeing that on the defense. I'm like, there's no.
Speaker 6: Way he's catching the ball.
Speaker 17: But man, we're just all excited on the sideline and happy before him his birthday.
Speaker 15: So why not won by twenty four last week? Twenty three this week? He got the Browns at home next week? What would a solid three game winning streak to end the season mean to.
Speaker 18: Everybody momentum to next year?
Speaker 17: You know, just ending on a good note, regardless of the record and the season that we had, And I think that's something you can work off of.
Speaker 15: So Ingrat's in a great performance.
Speaker 6: Appreciated me.
Speaker 2: Dax Hill after the game, and Dave. Every time I heard Dax name called or watched him, he seemed to be right at the point where he's batting a pass down, he's defending a pass, he's breaking up a passing and that's a guy who's now in his fourth year and for the first couple of years, is his safety is a corner or is he gonna play what a we're gonna do? It seems like he's now locked in, and uh, he's he's prospering right now.
Speaker 3: He really is. Prospering is a great word, and I think the defense is prospering as a result. I mean Al Goldin decided that, you know what, this guy has traits and characteristics to be an unbelievable cover corner, you know, a shutdown type guy, a guy that when we decide to play man, he can get up and put his hands on people and rewrote him and bump and run coverage and then flip his hips and run with him and cover anybody in the National Football League. So it's like, you know, now he has the versatility to do the other things. He can still play nickel, he can still play safety. He can do all those kind of things. And that's invaluable for Al Golden and the defensive coaches there as their game planning. But Dax Hill is a superb athlete. I mean, he's got he's big, he's got good size for a guy in the secondary, very very intense, eligent, you know, he's he's very intelligent guys, a guy with not just football but just basic you know. I mean, the guy reads it seems like he reads the Wall Street Journal in the New York Times. He's one of those kind of guys that's very very uh interesting and fun to talk to in the locker room. He's a he's very bright, but I think he's gonna be big time and uh you look at uh a DJ Turner. This guy, I think is the other shutdown corner. I think they've got for years to come.
Speaker 2: That's an awfully nice pairing.
Speaker 3: Young got a lot, a lot of growth still. It is I mean that there's not many teams in the NFL that can say we have two young cornerbacks that will put all our chips in on the table and uh and bet that they're gonna they're gonna uh be big time performers for us. I think the Bengals are in pretty good shape right there.
Speaker 2: Boy and David note I saw today from our guy Joe Goodberry on Twitter the Bengals over the last six weeks defensively, they are number one in the NFL on third down defense, and boy, if you're looking for progress and where this defense was early in the season. Had I told you there six weeks in the back end, there'll be number one in the league in third down defense, you would have said, you're crazy. And it's happening before our very eyes.
Speaker 3: It is. I mean two areas where they are excelling defensively, particularly all year, obviously in the third down, but here recently in this in this surge that they're having defensively is the red zone. I mean, teams are getting in the red zone, the Bengals are shutting them down, They're locking them up, They're not not giving up touchdowns. The best teams are coming away with the three points and they're not giving up seven. So that four point differential with the Bengs and Joe Burrow going in the red zone scoring touchdowns hold the opponent to three. You know, missus Riley's math tells me that, you know, you keep getting four points per possession like that, you're gonna you're gonna be in pretty good shape when the final tally of the game is totaled up. So I think that that's that's something that you can't take for granted. And the Bengals are prideful of how they're handling third down in the red zone.
Speaker 2: Forced five three and outs yesterday, got a fourth down stop. And I'm looking at that total number on third down yesterday. I think it was three for thirteen. Yeah, Arizona was three for thirteen on third down yesterday.
Speaker 3: That'll work, That will definitely work. That dog will hunt all day every day. You know, that's three for twelve is twenty five percent. So you're lower than that. You're barely over over twenty percent, and that is staggering. I mean, when you hold an NFL team to twenty two percent or whatever on third down, you've had a hell of a day.
Speaker 2: When we continue speaking of big days, about Jamard Chase, perspective on him and a stat that will put his career to this point in context. As we roll on with Bengals out on the Bengals Radio Network and ESPN fifteen thirty Cincinnati Sports station, We're back on Bengals line of this Monday night of the Bengals Radio Network in ESPN fifteen thirty, were sorting through yesterday's win over the Colonels thirty seven fourteen. The final score. We've alternated offense, defense, let's go back to the offensive set of things, where Jamar Chase had a seven catch day, sixty yards and two touchdowns. Here's Jamar after the game mid October.
Speaker 19: Since you scored a touchdown, I knew you were aware of that. How much were you just efforting to get back at the end zone today?
Speaker 20: My first well, I was itching to get in there, if I'm being.
Speaker 21: Honest, for my first ties down earlier, I was fighting myself to get in there. I walked in the building today telling myself, I'm gonna make sure I get in there some type of way.
Speaker 2: So you saw the way you spiked the ball.
Speaker 19: Was that just a release of it's been two months since I've been here.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I didn't even know what celebration I wanted to do as I scored, Like as I know, I ain't been in there in a minute, you know what I'm saying. I just ain't know what they're doing.
Speaker 11: I got in there when you when you caught that pass, it's a nineteen yard catch. You had to break multiple tackles. Are you thinking touchdown the moment when you catch it?
Speaker 21: Once I made the first du miss, That's when I started thinking, tis now, I'm like I'm right there.
Speaker 18: So when you go into that mode after the Cats where you're just dodging cacklers, what's going on through your head?
Speaker 17: Uh?
Speaker 21: Nothing, I don't know. I don't think nothing. I think everything else is just instincts in that moment.
Speaker 5: What is it about the Cardinals your last time again, stem you went off of the whatever?
Speaker 8: One two yards, three touchdowns, two scores this week? Is it something about that.
Speaker 20: That jersey that just sets you off?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 21: No, not really, I don't I'm not sure, you know, Just so it happened. I haven't scored in a couple of weeks, and this is the game we're playing, So I think that's what happened.
Speaker 22: How much wellmnum did that give you guys to get in the end zone first series?
Speaker 21: Uh, that's what we needed, you know what I'm saying, Especially on the first series. That's how we get out of momentum going for the second series and the third and so forth.
Speaker 20: So that first series is always our through.
Speaker 19: How much fun have you more of this offense the last two weeks? Is put up really big numbers. We know what's the end of the season. We know you're not going to the playoffs, But is it meaningful for the offense to perform this way.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I mean that's what we expect from the beginning of the season and didn't really go out way. But we know we're caple blub at end of the day and what opportunities we could put ourselves in, but we've got to execute.
Speaker 15: How much funny is.
Speaker 21: That we're not too big it's been It's been fine period, just because we've been winning. I think that's the biggest thing, you know what I'm saying, When you win and you having the most fun.
Speaker 23: Because stacking wins at the end of the season actually meet anything with no playoffs.
Speaker 20: M Yes and no.
Speaker 21: If I'm being completely honest, you know what I'm saying. I think at the end of the day, at the end of the season, if you don't have a playoff, I think that's more of a character on your part finishing the season for the organization.
Speaker 20: But there's different ways to go look at it.
Speaker 19: You got an outside chance with a big game next week to break your own record for most catches of the season with the Bengals. Is that something that's going to be in the back of your mind as you prepare for next week.
Speaker 20: No, I didn't even know I was that girl.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 20: I'm the close how many I got? I mean, catch it. I'm away with it with I.
Speaker 14: Think you're at one seventeen. Last year was what one?
Speaker 20: Okay, I ain't getting at this year. No, nah, I ain't geting.
Speaker 3: Edit.
Speaker 20: I like twelve more catches and getting editor.
Speaker 11: You're the first player in NFL history to have five straight years. Let's start your career of five straight years, thousand receiving yards, eighty receptions in seven or more touchdowns.
Speaker 21: Thoughts you said, talk to you said, Uh, just just a blessing, good opportunity, a good position. I'm in, great guys around me, great algagimization for me. And then you know, I just fit the fit, the perfect pitcher.
Speaker 2: Jamar with two touchdowns his first touchdown catch since hard to believe October the sixteenth, That was the Thursday nighter against the Pittsburgh Steelers. But he gets to yesterday and Dave, how about this number? This, This will give you perspective. He's the first player in NFL history in his first five seasons with at least eighty catches, a thousand yards and seven touchdowns in each of his first five seasons. He's alone at the top.
Speaker 3: Of that list, and they think of all the great receivers that there have been, you know, I mean in Jamaar Chase's time frame, that is that's incredible. Now, you know, the advantage that he has is he's got a guy that played college football with and they played together at a very high level. And I mean he was the best receiver in college football and his quarterback was a Heisland Trophy winner. So those two, you know, they know each other cold. I mean, they can finish each other's sentences, you know. I mean, they know what their favorite meals are. They know everything about each other and it shows up on the football field and they are fun to watch. It's almost like you cannot single cover Jamar Chase. And the Arizona Cardinals did not do that very often. When they did, he and Joe Burrow torched him. You know, they took advantage of it. But I mean the Arizona Cardinals, they had a corner in a safety working there trying to work different leverages against Jamar Chase. A good part of that football game, a high high percentage of that football game. And that's nothing new. I mean, it's been happening to Jamar Chase for a while.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 3: I mean, he is in my mind, the best receiver in football because he's got breakaway speed. He can finish anything, take anything to the house. But he's also very strong, physical, powerful, will make the tough catch, We'll make the third down catch when it's a bang bang play and you have to hold onto the football or you have to hold on to the football, break a tackle to move the chains and make a first down. Jamar Chase is one hell of a football player.
Speaker 2: See you just laid it out perfectly, and I hope people appreciate it because he can.
Speaker 14: He can.
Speaker 2: He's got the hands and the catcher and he's to make the tough catch. Then he's got the ability to make a move to make one guy miss and then the next guy. He can break a tackle lot. There's not many guys who can catch it, shimmy and also blow through somebody. He's total package.
Speaker 3: He really is. And I mean you you can almost get a highlight reel, yes, you know when when they're doing the uh the end of the season video review of the of the Bengals season this year, it could be you know, every game could be Jamar Chase de Marchase, Jamar Chase. I mean, because he has highlight plays in every single football game that the dude plays in. That uh just that's a testament to his greatness. All right, that's one hour in the books. Just like that second hour to follow. We'll headline that as our leadoff hitter with Cody Ford. What a what a day, moment, what a moment for him. Will break that down as we turn the corner into our number two of Bengals Line of the Bengals Radio Network and ESPN fifteen thirty Cincinnati Sports Station.
Speaker 1: This is Bengals Line on the Bengals Radio Network pay Corps. Pay Corps is proud to be the official HR software provider of US Cincinnati Bengals. Kidering now best Care for the Best Fans, Kettering Hill, official healthcare provider of US Cincinnati Bengals. This is seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 2: All right, let's keep it rolling into our number two we go tonight two of three big hours of Bengals Line of the Bengals Radio Network in ESPN fifteen thirty. Thanks for being with his lance, Butacallister along with Dave Lapham sorting through thirty seven to fourteen, the final over the Cardinals, and we'll look ahead to those Cleveland Browns at pay Corps. It's a one o'clock kick on Sunday. All of that to get to. But let's begin our number two with the man everybody's buzzing a bit and the highlight reel making his rounds around the NFL, headlined by Cody Ford, the twenty one yard catch and rumble, what a day he had. Everybody's talking about it, and everybody was asking him about it after the game. Here's the birthday boy, Cody Ford.
Speaker 6: And as a team and I called my first NFL recepsion. It was a great day, last thing for me.
Speaker 14: What was your favorite part of the celebration.
Speaker 6: I think Sae my teammates as decided as I was, that was that was pretty awesome.
Speaker 10: You jokingly lovingly pushed Zack you say something to him.
Speaker 6: Or I think I just said hell, yeah, I hadn't take it too far.
Speaker 19: Yeah, Cody Chance on the goal line wanted you to get the ball again.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was awesome. I was like, oh, it was the first time everyone's saying my name. That was crazy. That was that was impressive name like that.
Speaker 15: No, never, this was in the works all week. It sounds like, yeah, there was, So just tell us about when it was first drawn up and what was your reaction to potentially being used as a receiver.
Speaker 6: It was drawing up earlier in the week, and like I got to sell to Charlie, like pitch kind of broughty to me, and I thought he was joking, you know. And then we went out there practice and he was like, all right, here's the play and we started running in and then we went to practice the next day we ran it again and I was like, all right, I think we're actually going to call this. And then we had mentioned it last night, like, hey, if we get up, some points were calling Cody's play. So that's what happened.
Speaker 15: And are you the ball if they basically don't cover you tightly, if they just kind of slop off expecting that you're not going to get.
Speaker 6: It, I don't know. I don't know. I don't know the number I was in the progression or anything, because Joe kept telling me just get wider throughout the week and the formation. So eventually I was like, all right, I think he's just telling me to get the hell out the way so I don't mess anybody else's routes up. But it was a different story when it all played out.
Speaker 15: The yards after catch were impressive. I didn't realize you were so nimble.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I'm an athlete.
Speaker 15: Of getting into the end zone.
Speaker 8: Once you got down that slideline.
Speaker 6: Yeah, everyone was like, why you ain't scored, and I'm like, well, I would not trying to score. I was trying to score, but I was just running with my head down and I was like, when I look up, I'll be where I'm at and whatever happens happens.
Speaker 8: Came in you were you nervous?
Speaker 14: What was the feeling like when you.
Speaker 8: Were the play calf?
Speaker 6: I mean I was a little nervous, but I think I got more nervous as he threw the ball to me and everything went slow, and I was because I guess he kind of just threw it to my test, but out there he really like threw a field shoulder and I was like, okay, this was this was like a little anxious.
Speaker 14: What was it like to sit up, I mean, drop all by yourself?
Speaker 6: Dream come true? I guess just every lineman's dream. The lineup is a receiver one time.
Speaker 15: Do you think the coach is knew it was your birthday?
Speaker 6: I think they did. I think they did.
Speaker 7: Were always lying.
Speaker 6: No, I was a tight end in junior high in my first year of high school, so I got some experience.
Speaker 9: Who was your last touch against uh.
Speaker 6: Brain Middle School? I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I mean you know when pitch came here early in the week, did you think these guys are lost than the Yeah.
Speaker 6: I thought he was joking. I thought he was just like pulling my leg. And because you know, we always joke. Lineman always joked with the coaches like, hey, I told me about them in the ball, and you know, we all we talk about it and I've been here three years, like and they're like, hey, you never know when time's gonna come. We line you up as the big why we throw you the ball? And then he threw the ball today. That was crazy win a problem see me, he was just laughing. I think he was impressed more than anything. I think he was impressed more than anything.
Speaker 15: So you lined up at full back on a couple of snaps. Have they ever practiced giving giving it to you? It's a goal line full back.
Speaker 6: No, but I've been trying to get him the I've been I've been pushing down with more than a reception.
Speaker 15: Heay, based on your yards after catch, I think the ndoff must happen.
Speaker 6: I think so ball to get on the goal. No, not as much as I really thought, Like I kind of expected it, but I was like, he might dy.
Speaker 20: When you heard the stadium chanting your name? What was that like for you?
Speaker 6: That was like a surreal moment. I've never been in a and it's like a sporting event or like anywhere at all where like the old population of was there chanted my name. It was crazy.
Speaker 11: Well, the host game locker room, like I weird the codey through the wall cheer.
Speaker 18: Just take me through that moment. It was awesome.
Speaker 6: I got to feel like, you know, one of those guys that catch the ball every day, and it was that was a fun time. Where is the ball?
Speaker 14: Like, you have the game ball?
Speaker 6: I sue over here now right here?
Speaker 18: So where does that go?
Speaker 15: You have a You gotta have a spot in mind.
Speaker 6: It's gonna go in my off season house in Dallas somewhere. I don't know yet, but I probably put it on the shelf and never touch it again.
Speaker 15: Now I talk to any other offensive linemen, like, you know, they asked me to get the reception.
Speaker 11: Was there anything talking about anybody else trying to steal this from you?
Speaker 14: And like this has to do this.
Speaker 6: No, the guys, the guys were excited for me as soon as we talked about the player. Yeah, they were. They were gonna let me have it. No complaints from the guys. Their supportive. They were like encouraging me all week and they were they were ready to go for me.
Speaker 15: Did I hear you say you consider this to be the single greatest moment of your NFL career?
Speaker 6: Yeah, most doubt.
Speaker 2: Cody ford On in just a magical after birthday. He will never forget. Everybody was asking about it. The smile on his face said at all. It's being replayed around the football world today. And I like what Zach said about the energy it brought to not just the offensive line, to the stadium, to the press box, you name it. Everybody was like, did you see that?
Speaker 3: Now that's true. It's like, Wow, I'm here for a piece of Bengal history. It's like you know the fridge up there in Chicago with Dia Bears, you know, did his thing now you got a defensive lineman for the Cincinnati Bengals doing his thing, you know, And that twenty two yard play was extremely athletic. I mean, showed good ability to catch football, gets your shoulder pads squared up and run some people over and get yards after catch, yards after contact and get it done. He came to the sideline want more. You know, how how are you gonna involve me? Uh in this offense more? Zach Taylor? And uh, now, now what he needs to do is run the football.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: They lined him up at full back that formation when they had seven offensive linemen and he was lined up in the full back position to head over a ton literally a ton of weight of offensive line out there. That was that was tilt in the field, and there's no question about that. But you know, I think he prides himself on his versatility. Marius Mims get kicked in the shin and he had pretty good bruise. I guess a bone bruise on that shin is what he's telling me. And uh, you know, Sue was uncomfortable for a couple of snaps there, but he came back in and played and finished the game. That's a testament to him. He didn't pack it in you know, where are the Bengals going? So, I mean Amarius Mims could have varied as he said, you know that's just for me for today or maybe even for next week against the Cleveland Browns, but now he wants to play and uh and he wants to to win football games and wants to play with his teammates. So it's it's very The offensive line is a very tight group. They spend a lot of time together. They want each other to succeed, They want to take care of each other, They want to help each other as much as possible. So man, when one of their own has has a historic play in the football game that they played very well in as a group and one football game handily, everybody likes it.
Speaker 2: I loved how he choked earlier in the week. Joe kept motioning to him, get get out what and Cody thought it was just like, get the hell out of the way. But was get a little bit wider to spread.
Speaker 20: It out.
Speaker 2: Good and he I saw an ESPN note at three hundred and forty five pounds. He got up to max by twelve point seven miles per hour. He was rumbling with the football.
Speaker 3: On that point, I tell you Cody Ford is a pretty damn good athlete. I mean, that's a that's a size speed ratio. When you get hit by a three hundred and forty five pound guy running over twelve miles an hour, you'll remember it.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: That will thumped you a little bit. I looked it up. Anthony Munio was just a trivia note. Anthony caught seven passes in his career. Four were for touchdowns, including that famous last catch it at the inter of regulation against Cleveland that forced overtime and then Jim Breech wanted it overtime. But think of that, Anthony seven catches and four touchdowns in his.
Speaker 3: Career, and you're talking about the greatest lineman that ever played in the National Football League the history of the league. And you know, Anthony could have played anywhere and done anything. I think he could have been a hell of a tight end. Honestly. You know, when he was at USC shoot he was throwing ninety five miles an hour that had an unbelievable fastball and splitter that you know, dropped off the table, a curve ball. I mean, he was he was an all lead pitcher for crying allowed for the USC Trojan. So you're talking about an incredible athlete, obviously an incredible human being. But Cody Ford, I'm telling you, he's when you get named like we are on the show here the day after the game, you're talked about in the same sentence as Anthony won Yas, that's high, Cotton Man, Yes it is very high.
Speaker 2: No doubt still ahead, Schamar Stewart, Dalton Reisner, fun facts with Isaiah Foski, and so much more. We are rolling tonight on Bengals Line on the Bengals Radio Network at ESPN fifteen thirty Cincinnati Sports Station. Continue on with Bengals Line on the Bengals Radio Network in ESPN fifteen thirty. Thanks for being with us on this Monday night where we sort through what transpired yesterday and look ahead of what might transpire Sunday at pay Course Stadium. Let's go back to yesterday. Let's get back to the defense. Shamar Stewart with his first career sack. Great to see that, and in the pregame, Wayne box Miller had a chance to talk with Shamar about his rookie season. At this point, a perfect starting point in this segment here's Wayne box Miller and Shamar Stewart.
Speaker 24: Shamar, this is a dream come true for a lot of young men when they get drafted. But now that you're in the midst of an NFL season, talk about what it.
Speaker 25: Feels like just to be in this league.
Speaker 23: Man, it's tough. Man Like, you gotta come every week to play. You gotta prepare the same way every week. You know, they got to you gotta come to an a game every week.
Speaker 18: You know.
Speaker 24: Some people say this is a dream of theirs. Some say this is something I worked for. Which one was it for you? Was it a dream or something you really had worked for.
Speaker 6: I want to say it was both.
Speaker 23: You know, Ever since I started playing football and watching the NFL, I'm like, I want to be there one day.
Speaker 6: But I knew I.
Speaker 23: Wouldn't get that if I didn't work towards it, you know, so I have to You have to put in the work either way to go.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 24: And I always tell a lot of young people you never know who's watching. And I think so many people were watching you, and so when you got selected, many people to know that people saw things in you that they just didn't see other people talk about just your work ethic and how you feel good that it paid dividends for you.
Speaker 23: Man college, from high school to college. I was, I was working in college. In high school, I didn't really have a break. I was working out five days a week, you know, getting it in cause you know, that's just how it was in high school, you know, grind, grind, grind. In college, I was getting busted in that weight room for.
Speaker 6: Three years straight.
Speaker 23: Especially of course Maffa came in. I was, he was, he was, he was putting work on me. So you know, I'm not no stranger to work. You know, it's what you need to do to get to where you want to be. So you know he can't be scared of that, right.
Speaker 24: Uh, This team man has so much chemistry amongst the brothers. And when I say brothers, I mean all all the guys. Talk about how the veterans man just embrace you young guys, show you the ropes, give you things to work on, and just help you transition.
Speaker 23: You know, Whenever in the meetings and you see I don't really get something, they'll come into me before practice, you know, talk me through it, give their thoughts on it. And then if we're both unsure about it, they will go ask coach for me, so they we have a definitive answer.
Speaker 18: You know, those guys really look out for me.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 23: There's not no animosity in every room of whatsoever. We all eat together. It's a family or atmosphere, you know. And you know occasionally they know they try love brother me by with the snacks and stuff, you know, but it's all love though.
Speaker 24: I always say that guys in the NFL are happy when other guys get paid and when they make it because they know what it takes.
Speaker 25: Again, it's not an easy path.
Speaker 6: Oh no, it definitely wasn't easy.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 23: It was what at least ten years of just straight grinding fighting, crying and and bloodshed.
Speaker 6: Like it was just a whole bunch of that.
Speaker 23: You know, you just got to stay the course, you know, keep your head on straight and there's no interest that God has a pain for you and when your strength ends, his thart.
Speaker 24: So I think that it's so great that guys are open to talk about their faith and adult and I talked to him about it, Ryan.
Speaker 25: Rico and others.
Speaker 24: But it really does help you through something like this when you have to rely on your faith outside of your talent.
Speaker 23: Oh yeah, for sure. You know, you know we can't do it by ourselves. You know, we just we got to keep having faith in him. You know, he always going to have our back. When nobody else have our back, He's gonna have our back. So you know, you just got to keep faith in him, all right.
Speaker 24: I do something called the gratitude game. I ask you three things that you're grateful for, two things that have impacted you, and then one thing you're hopeful for. So if I said three things that you're grateful for, who would that be or what would that be?
Speaker 23: I want to say for my family for always being there with me. I want to say for the game of football, you know, change my whole family dynamic. And I want to say I'm grateful for all the good men that raised me throughout this my football career. You know, I didn't get here just by myself. You know, it took a whole village, all right.
Speaker 25: Two things that have impacted you.
Speaker 23: Leaving my home state to go to Texas a you know, yeah, that was a that was that was a crazy change, A nothing that impacted me. Probably when my college coach died, you know, it was tough. And then from then on forward. I went on to have two different defensive defensive line coaches and two different dcs, so you know, it was just a lot of change throughout my career and you know, different learning style, different schemes, you know, so it was hard, I mean in a moment.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 25: Lastly, one thing you're hopeful for.
Speaker 23: I'm hopeful for our team to keep growing. I'm hopeful for the bank, the Bengals to keep growing as a family, not just on not just on the field, off the fee.
Speaker 6: You know, we all we got when we're out there.
Speaker 23: It's when you look to you're left in your right as the PVC every day. So we just got to keep growing as a family, fight for each other.
Speaker 26: Appreciate you as always, brother, Thank you Schamar in the pregame and then end game picks up his first second and Dave obviously a rookie season that's been a little bit bumpy from contract negotiations through training camp into the season.
Speaker 2: That is in the the way I look at it. That's in the past. Can't change it. You can work on what's happening now. And it was great to see him get a sack, the smile on his face and I would think a bit of a relief saying I got one. Everybody's talked about what I didn't do when I came here and then what I may have said what I got here. But that sack yesterday, it just felt like it lifted a lot off his shoulders. And I think when you're this stage of the season, you're looking for good things and momentum. I'm very happy for Shamar's stu.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am too. I'm glad he got his first career sack, you know, and uh, it's been a roller coaster, yeah, for Shamar Stewart that this rookie season. You know, the contract issues and difficulty was getting that finalized, and now he's under contract, and then he gets nicked up a little bit. He's got some physical issues that he has to deal with, and he's not right for a good period of time there. And but when he is right and when he's one hundred percent healthy, this guy is a genetic freak. I mean his size, speed ratio and his ability to you know, pump iron a lot of weight, run the way he can run. You do a breakdown of his forty look at the ten yard time. He's got a quick first step. You look at the twenty yard time. I mean he gets up to full speed very quickly and forty time. This guy is a very gifted athlete. And you know, looking at Miles Murphy and Schamar Stewart, you got a couple of young guys on the edge. We talked about the young guys in the corner. Now the young guys and the edge rush in the quarterback. Al Gold has got some pieces, man, He's got some chess pieces for the chessboard that he can play with a little bit for the future.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I look at Miles yesterday gets the sack. He now leads the team with five and a half sacks. He also had six tackles. Miles Murphy's been a weekly theme on Bengals Line now and day. I look at performances and sometimes it's just a blip, maybe something on the radar, and then there may be starts to be a trend. And I think we're into the reality of Miles Murphy being a very serviceable and productive I'm not gonna make him a pro bowler yet, wouldn't mind eventually, but he's a very productive and serviceable player. Now that's become the reality of Miles Murphy.
Speaker 3: I agree, I think both of them. I think Murphy and Schamar Steward both physically have the traits that would lend itself to be a pro bowler, you know. And now it's a matter of putting it all together and translating it out on the football field. But Miles Murphy is a very thoughtful player. He wants to do things right, he wants to please his coaches, He likes to be coached. Al Golden can be a hard coach. He can get on guys pretty hard. And Miles Murphy and Shamar Stewart are both taking it the way that it's meant to help them improve themselves and be better football players.
Speaker 2: By this defense gives up fourteen to Arizona, they gave up twenty one to Miami the Baltimore game. Take out the pick six, they will give up seventeen to Baltimore. Really, there was only one play yesterday, the thirty eight yard touchdown, which I just I get a headache going back and watching that play. But if you take that play out, there weren't there week to week. There's fewer moments that make you want to pull your hair out, and that says progress.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and you know, whether that's not breaking an assignment or making having a problem physically, like missed tackles. When they were struggling and people were scoring on him, they were siev defensively, they couldn't tackle anybody. I mean, they were one of the poorest tackling football teams, probably the Cincinnati Bengals have had in that stretch. But it's changed. I mean they're tackling well. And again, you know, I think on the back end, big plays usually happen because on the back end there's an assignment era or there's a mistackle, and that's happening less and less as these guys get snaps together and it's pretty good unit back there.
Speaker 2: Up next, let's go back to the offensive line, Dalton Reisner on the day that was with the Bengals O line, and on Cody Ford and on his future with the Bengals that as we roll on with Bengals Line and the Bengals Radio Network and ESPN fifteen thirty Cincinnati Sports station. Hey, let's keep moving it along on this Monday night talking Bengals and Bengals line and the Bengals Radio Network and the ESPN fifteen thirty. Let's go back to the offensive line and on that side of the ball. Talk Dalton Reisner and from where he was and when he signed with this team to where he is right now. It's been a pretty amazing journey and he is really settled in. Here is Dalton after the game with Dan Horde.
Speaker 15: Dalton Bengals won by twenty four last week, twenty three this week. That's hard to do in the NFL. How do you guys feel about the way you played these last two weeks?
Speaker 18: Obviously you feel great.
Speaker 10: I mean, like you said, it's tough to win in the NFL, so we work so hard.
Speaker 14: But D and D day out, the coaches, this whole organization.
Speaker 10: We take pride in me in Cincinnati Bengals, so when we're able to win like this, man, it makes it so much sweeter. But I can tell you that the losses, they suck. But sometimes when you lose those games, you're wondering what's wrong, and it's a tough week and people are asking questions, and I just say that it's a great feeling to be where we're at right now because we're winning football games, We're playing well as a unit, we're feeding off of each other, we're having fun doing it, and it's just it's special, man, and you can't take it for granted. I know that we're out of the playoffs. I know we're six and ten, but it's still special.
Speaker 15: Does it feel like a sign of things to come for twenty twenty six percent?
Speaker 14: I don't want to be that guy.
Speaker 10: I know that, especially with like last year I followed the Cincinnati Bengals. I've always been a Bengals fan, but regardless, I saw the way last year ended on a really positive.
Speaker 14: Note and winning some football games.
Speaker 10: So I don't want to be the guy that you know, tries to bring the positive out of a six and ten and well that's hope seven to ten football season.
Speaker 14: But we really are rolling, man. I actually looked at my office, the line coach, and just.
Speaker 10: Felt like, you know, this is the best rhythm we've been in this last you know, literally the last six weeks.
Speaker 14: I mean the way we played on Thanksgiving, the way we went and played in Buffalo.
Speaker 10: I know that we fell short against the team that might win the AFC, but regardless, like this not six or seven weeks, I just feel like we've been a really good spot.
Speaker 14: Obviously, the Ravens game at home is a kind of a one.
Speaker 10: Off, But regardless, I'm really happy to be a Bengal, Proud to be a Bangal, proud to work with these guys.
Speaker 14: Man, I love these guys.
Speaker 15: You were facing a team today that came in with a seven game losing streak and a bad record. When that's the case, kind of the cliche is jump on top, don't let them think they could win the game. At the end of the first quarter, the yardage was one thirty nine to six, time of possession was thirteen and a half minutes to one and a half. Was that the thought process? And I mean, if so, you certainly executed it.
Speaker 10: I think that's always the thought process. But you never you never count a dog out, especially in the NFL. I mean, the Cardinals came to play today. We came to play as well, and we played really good football. But it's not like they just gave in and as soon as we got up a few points they said screw it, we're done. Those guys kept fighting, and that's what we want to go do to every NFL team.
Speaker 14: You want to get on top of these guys. You want to get a lead and then you want to secure it. And keep it. But man, we were just rolling today. It was the Bengals day today. Hats off to the Cardinals.
Speaker 10: Good football team, came in to try to win a football game.
Speaker 14: We just had a better day.
Speaker 15: Tell me about the Cody Ford pass. When did this play get drawn up and what was the feeling like on the field all week?
Speaker 14: Talked about it all week.
Speaker 10: We wanted to do a little bit of big personnel this week and roll with Cody as kind of that sixth offensive lineman, and we did that. I think maybe they fell asleep a little bit thinking that we want to throw them the ball. And just awesome moment for him on his twenty ninth birthday. He's been a really selfless guy all year in my opinion, and really well deserved to get that football thrown to him.
Speaker 14: And then also see what he did after it is super awesome.
Speaker 10: So he executed it just like they drew up, and hats off to the coaches for drawing it.
Speaker 15: To Joe Burrow. The last couple of weeks. It has a passer rating over one thirty and those two games combined, this is kind of your opportunity to play with him healthy, looking good. I mean, what's that experience been like for you.
Speaker 14: He's an ultimate competitor.
Speaker 10: I really do love Joe the way that he goes out there and slings the football and wants to win football games, and how dialed he is.
Speaker 14: You can see why the Bengals are special.
Speaker 10: I mean, you kind of just block your tail off back there, and then you see the ball get thrown up and he's just dropping it in the buckets.
Speaker 14: And hitting guys right where they need to be hit. So love blocking for the guy. Got a tremendous amount of respect for him.
Speaker 10: You can see why he's had the success that he's had here in Cincinnati. And I just hope I could be a part of it for longer.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I would assume there's mutual interest in having you return based on the way things are going.
Speaker 14: That would be great.
Speaker 6: Man, keep pulling for me.
Speaker 14: Let's get these guys to give me a call.
Speaker 15: Man, I kind of expect that's going to happen. Congratulations on a great win today, two in a row, and finish the season with three next week.
Speaker 14: We'll do God bless you.
Speaker 6: Thanks man.
Speaker 2: Dalton Reisner after the game, and David went back and look just to be sure, and I hope people appreciate. With Dalton Reisner, he gets signed on August the twenty eighth, after the final cutdown. They sign him ten days later. He actually plays in the opener thirty six snaps. And it was a rush to try to get him ready, and maybe he wasn't ready at the start, but tell you what, it feels like he has really settled in and you say, yeah, Dalton Reisner, you.
Speaker 3: Go yeah, and Dalton Reisner for him to be able to play ten days after he shows up at an organization speaks volumes because I can tell you that's that's a difficult thing. You know, you're not with the football team at training camp, you're not there in the offseason, you're not there for OTAs for you know, workouts with everybody. It's just very, very difficult to come in, you know, totally brand new to a system, to an organization language that you have to learn. And that's the most difficult thing for him because he's been around for a while. He has seen all the defensive configurations, how many different ways they can line up in the National Football League. He's a smart guy. He stores all that information and uh and pulls it out when when needed. But to unlearn and relearn. It's like, okay, you have to unlearn French and relearn German. You know, it's like, man, that's that's that's not easy. That's very very difficult. And he handled it exceptionally well. Never complained about it, you know, it just went about his business. And I'm sure probably when he was at home with his wife she was giving him pop quiz he was, she was giving him pop quizzes and throwing things out there to him and see how quickly he could respond. But he's a pros pro is what he is. For him to be able to, you know, get on the football field that quickly and provide a good performance, a good solid performance. He's graded pretty well and the coaching staff really likes him.
Speaker 2: I liked how you talked with Dan there about at the end wanting to would love to be back. It's a one year deal, it's only one point three million. They got great value out of that, and he joke to, you know, tell tell their people to call my people. I'd love to be back. And he'll be thirty one by next season, could you see? I mean, would it make sense for them to kind of hitch their wagon a little bit? Longer adult Reisner.
Speaker 3: I think so, you know, I mean, it's thirty one, is not a spring chicken. But there are linemen in the National Football League, you know, playing much much beyond that in terms of in terms of years. And he likes his teammates. His teammates like him, you know, And it's it's legit. It's not just you know, uh whatever, you know, nothing's fake about it. Yeah, it's not. It's not being said just because well I should say he's a good guy, you know, it's not. It's not like you're being told to speak about a guy a certain way. And he's all football man. This guy is a football player. He's a pros pro. The game means a lot to him. It's very important to he and his family to have success on the football field and play as long as he can.
Speaker 2: And there would be nothing round the way I look at it. But it's not my money. There'd be nothing wrong if you keep him around for at least another year. Gives Jalen Rivers some more time to develop and learn, and you're not forcing things upon Jalen Rivers and Dalton. Riiser's a nice guy to learn from and adjust to the league. For another season. If you're Jalen Rivers, no, no need to rush him. He's a rookie, still wide eyed and learning things in his career.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good point, you know. And Reisner has got some versatility to him. I mean he can play you know, worst case scenario, he can play both guards for you, and there's some value there. I do think that he's smart enough where he could play center and make calls and if Ted Carrass got nicked up, So yeah, I mean, I think that there's very good reason for he for Dalton Rising to sit down with the Bengals management people and talk about a contract beyond this season.
Speaker 2: If you like a city, you're comfortable, and you got a quarterback like Joe Burrow who wouldn't want to stick around for another year.
Speaker 3: No down one. He's right.
Speaker 2: So when we come back, how about some fantastic fun facts and so much more. We're making our way through towards nine o'clock tonight, talking Bengals Can't Beat Dad Bengals on in the Bengals Radio Network at ESPN fifteen thirty Cincinnati Sports Station. Hey, welcome back in on Bengals line of the Bengals Radio Network in ESPN fifteen thirty. Each week we love fantastic fun facts. Dan Horde pulls back the curtain. Let's us in on a little bit more on the Bengal player beyond just the football player. This week it's the Notre Dame product who spent a couple of years in New Orleans. A member of the Bengals practice squad. Was active yesterday, played sixteen snaps on defense, was in and helped with pressure and led to the said Johnson sack if I remember correctly. Here is fantastic fun facts Dan Horde with Isaiah Foski.
Speaker 1: No fantastic fun facts with.
Speaker 15: Dan Todd for some fun facts with defensive end Isaiah Foski from Antioch, California, which is not too far from San Francisco. I feel like when people are asked what's your favorite city in the US, more often than not, San Francisco is on the list. What do you like about being from northern California?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 18: The food, for sure. Like every time I go back to back home m Cali, I get Mexican food every single time. Go to any random food truck, you just gonna hit every time, no doubt.
Speaker 15: I read that your dad served in the Navy. Did that result in a disciplined childhood for you for sure?
Speaker 18: Because he was in a Navy Danny was a police officer, So yeah, I don't even have to say much after that. So yeah, it was like really disciplinary type of parenting.
Speaker 3: And I just follow on. I'm just a person.
Speaker 6: I am.
Speaker 15: Now we're chatting with Isaiah Foski. According to a pre draft scouting report, you started getting attention from colleges in middle school and you got your first college offer in eighth grade from Kansas. Is that true?
Speaker 18: Yeah, that's true. I didn't even know what a scholarship was. I was just prepared for high school. They came out of pretty much nowhere. Is just offered me like through someone else telling me, but they couldn't like talk to me directly and they say, yeah, we're offering you. I didn't even know what Kansas was like back then. I was bad at geography, so they gave me to offer.
Speaker 15: You played high school football at one of the most famous programs in the country, Day La Salle, a school that once famously had a one hundred and fifty one game winning streak. How did playing there prepare you for college? And what you're doing now.
Speaker 18: I feel like playing at Dale South, playing Nordame how my parents taught me, and just being buy the books, doing everything right, working hard. I feel like I was just the backbone of everything the Dale South, like mentioned, being a man of integrity. That's like the one big thing that I brought from Dale South, and I brought it onto the rest of my life.
Speaker 15: Sitting with Isaiah Foski, you could have gone just about anywhere. Your final five schools included Ohio State and Michigan, but ultimately, as you mentioned, you chose Notre Dame. Why the fighting Irish like I.
Speaker 18: Was the same everything from Dale South and Notre Dame. They just pretty much just went hand in hand, like they were pretty much the same ZAC school. So I just felt really comfortable there, and once I went there, it was just amazing.
Speaker 15: It's really hard to hold an all time record at Notre Dame, but you do. You are the all time sax leader at that school, which is pretty remarkable. Describe the feeling when you broke Justin Tuck's all time record.
Speaker 18: Yeah, that was great. That was like such an amazing, surreal moment because that year I was really starting to get to talk to justin Tuck and he was just telling me how much he wanted me to be his record. That was like before the season and like just talking to him. He was helping me throughout that season. And then when I finally got it, I was it was a snow game too, first time ever playing a snow on senior night, and I got it, and then the whole stadium and rubs all my teammates started giving high fives and it was just amazing.
Speaker 15: Will you be as gracious if somebody comes close to breaking your record or secretly will you say no, no, finish with twenty six?
Speaker 18: No, I want someone to beat my record. I really do. I feel like there's a lot of talent at nord In that someone could beat it.
Speaker 15: What did you enjoy most about four years in South Bend?
Speaker 18: The people like, not much to do with South Bend. It's really just Notre Dame as so, and it's just the people at Nordame was really what makes nor Day nor Dame.
Speaker 15: Do you have a tiny play like a champion today signed in your house.
Speaker 18: No, I don't have it here, but I had it at a Dame. I did have one.
Speaker 15: You were selected in the second round of the twenty twenty three draft by the New Orleans Saints, number forty overall. Describe that day leading up to getting that phone call God.
Speaker 18: That day I was I was hoping I was gonna go first round, but then you know it'd end up that way. But going uh the fortieth pig to the Norley Saints, that was just a crazy experience. Having all my friends and family next to me, have my wife now right next to me too. It was just a crazy experience. I will never forget that moment. Super stressful, yeah.
Speaker 6: Like it was.
Speaker 18: But then my thing, it was wherever I go, I know, God just put me in this place for a reason, and that's what kind of like eased me down and just just leaning all my faith throughout all of it.
Speaker 15: New Orleans is very different from South Bend. How did you enjoy two years in the big easy?
Speaker 18: Like I said, how I like California their food, New Orleans their food.
Speaker 6: I'm a big foodie.
Speaker 18: Though New Orleans food was it was great, but it was it was a little bit of adjustment. Humidity that was the biggest adjustment. That was when I first got there, that was killing me. But then after a while you kind of got used to.
Speaker 15: It, Isaiah. After a couple of years with the Saints, you joined the Bengals early this season. You were reunited with your defensive coordinator from your final year at Notre Dame Al Golden. Did you feel like he were now playing for a coach or playing for a coach again who really knew what you were capable of doing?
Speaker 6: Oh? Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 18: He saw me at my high in college, so you knew what I was capable of. And just being able to just to see him again run his defense again. It's just my first game. Heroun I was like, oh yeah, I remember all that stuff. Yeah, yeah, because I remember that play and it was just all like a familiarity with Ill.
Speaker 15: You had to bide your time on the practice squad for a while. You've been active on the bengals fifty three man roster in recent weeks. Tell me a little bit about your experience of being a Bengal so far.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's been great so far.
Speaker 18: I've been started, like pretty much started from the bottom, going practice squad, but just waiting my turn, making the most of my opportunities, even it's all special teams or one player on defense, just making the most of my opportunities.
Speaker 15: All right, a few wild card topics now with Isaiah Foski. Who is your all time favorite athlete in any sport?
Speaker 18: And why this might be a crazy one, not even crazy, but I will always I got to Calvin Johnson probably love watching his film. I was a tight end back in high school, and when I was younger, I always wanted to be a tight end, even though he wasn't tight. I just love watching Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson. I was like, once I get the ball, I want to run like Adrian Peterson.
Speaker 15: Don't we all? So you're six'. Five were you megatron like as a high school tight?
Speaker 18: End, Yeah that's WHY i always watched. HIM i was, Like i'm Gonna i'm gonna Make megatron type touchdowns in the end zone.
Speaker 15: If i'm not. Mistaken you have three older. Sisters did they accuse you of getting special treatment as the first boy in the.
Speaker 18: Family, yeah they probably still. Do they probably know not, no BUT i get like a little bit of special treatment every TIME i come back home If i'm not even at home a lot of, times especially ONCE i left for, college but in high school, TOO i was just always the only, boy always hanging out with my mom and my, dad and he's just.
Speaker 3: A little bit of special.
Speaker 15: Treatment your family's not. Nearby did they get the chance to come to many of your?
Speaker 18: Games, nah they haven't because there was playing on going To New orleans for some, games and then ONCE i came, here it was just a little bit a little bit harder for them to come out. There But i'll be able to go out there off, Season.
Speaker 15: Isaiah other than playing, football what are you good?
Speaker 18: At, Say i'm good at a lot of, things BUT i am good at suggesting suggesting movies to.
Speaker 15: You all, Right i'm. Game oh, uh.
Speaker 18: Probably Slum Dog, millionaire one of you.
Speaker 6: Know what that.
Speaker 15: Is i've seen Slum dog Million are a fantastic.
Speaker 18: Movie, YEAH i don't know. WHY i really don't. NOT i don't know, why but that's one of my favorite movies to. Watch and She denzel watchington. Movie that's, like that's just a you See denzel watching, it you gotta watch.
Speaker 15: IT i think we are very similar when it comes to our taste in. Movies my wife was In San francisco. Recently she used the self driving taxi. Service have you tried it?
Speaker 18: YET i have.
Speaker 15: Not are you WILLING i don't want to see.
Speaker 18: It i'm good any take the train or HAVE i guess someone else driving me Ifigures francisco kind of a little bit dangerous with leave your car out, there BUT i use it to take a train or something like.
Speaker 15: That my wife, says, WAME i is, Fine SO i don't. Know the next TIME i, VISIT i might give it a. Shot all. Right final fun fact For Isaiah. Foski this one's a little bit. Deep if you could meet anyone in, history living or, deceased who would that person?
Speaker 18: BE i will probably say my, grandfather my dad's. DADE i want to know how he raised my, dad even Though i'm gonna be your, father NOT i. Don't my wife is not pregnant right, now but we're hoping that she will be pregnant in one, day have a son or. DAUGHTER i just want to know how he raised My dad'll raise my son or my daughter just how you raised.
Speaker 6: Him he passed me FOR i was.
Speaker 18: WORSE i was never able to meet.
Speaker 15: Him i've enjoyed this very. Much best of luck the rest of the, year and thanks so much for your.
Speaker 3: Time, yeah no.
Speaker 2: Problem another, fantastic fantastic fun facts this time With Isaiah. Fosky we'll head down the stretch in our second. Hour, man we are picking up and laying him down, tonight cruising Through bengals out of The Bengals Radio network IN espn fifteen Thirty Cincinnati Sports station.
Speaker 3: Down the.
Speaker 2: Stretch we go about to put the wraps on our number two tonight At Bengals. Live lance But, Alister David lapham.
Speaker 3: And Lance Kettering health feature the injury, report and IS i think back on, it you, Know mims missed a couple of, snaps you, know with the bruised. SHIN i don't think ANYBODY a couple of guys went into the blue tent to to have things taken a look. At but, nobody you, know missed any significant. Time a snap, here a snap, there maybe a defensive snap or so was. Missed but nobody you, know sat out a quarter or a half or you, know a good part of the football. Game so The bengals were very fortunate in that. Regard AND i haven't heard anything more in terms of, oh, yeah you, know sometimes you go to bed and wake up the next morning and all was IN dh, GEEZ i got a bigger problem THAN i, thought haven't heard any anything like that at this point in. Time so knock On wood hopefully got out of that one with one game to go against The Cleveland. Browns extremely healthy and it's presented By Cattering, health the official healthcare provider The Cincinnati, bengals providing the best care for the best.
Speaker 2: Fan samaj P, ryan who's A, warrior got dinged at one, point had a look on his face like it. Hurt, then Typical. Samaja he was back into the game as he always seems to. Do he talked with you after the game about the meaning of winning at this stage of the season when your season is where it, is but winning a second straight game and how important it is to finish Out sunday with another win to make it three. Straight Here's samaj after the.
Speaker 3: Game this football team is playing its best football down the stretch at the end of the. SEASON i mean the graft has gone up. Consistently what does it mean for twenty twenty six with this football team playing the way it is.
Speaker 27: Now there's no telling what, happens you, know next, Year but we just want to finish.
Speaker 6: Strong you.
Speaker 27: Know it's not the way that we wanted to have this, year but finishing. Strong it means everything for this. Year you, know nothing cares over to next, year but we just want to know play for everyone in the locker room and have a great feeling going into the offseason for this.
Speaker 2: YEAR i love the comment by samaj about just the importance of winning And dave fans tend to get wrapped up in in draft picks and just don't try to win whom when the draft picks more. Important players don't care about draft. Picks draft picks may be somebody that takes their. Job players want to win and and and now two straight wins And sunday could end the season on three straight. Wins and and for the players and coaches who put in the time and the. Effort AND i try to stress this each week to to the, fans they don't put in all these hours to not care and work on a draft. Pick, instead ultimately they want to. Win winnings, Good winning's, fun right?
Speaker 3: RIGHT i mean reality in The National Football. League i'm not talking fantasy. Football you, know fantasy football don't just don't, win don't you, know just lay lay an egg laid down every every every week to finish the. Season, no, man it's your. Job you're being paid big. Bucks you want to hold onto your. Job it's it's one of the best jobs in the.
Speaker 6: World.
Speaker 3: Man you, know you dreamed about it since you were a little kid playing in The National Football, league you were coaching in The National Football, league whatever the case may. Be you don't want to lose it by by poor. Performance you just don't want to be on a football team that when you're done and you're reflecting back on your on your, career you don't want to be part of a football team that did not win the game one season for a franchise because you're labeled as those. Guys, man nobody wants anything to do with those. Guys and, uh you, know as a, player if you, don't you you make the team for three seasons and you're not playing, much and then you don't make it for a fourth and and your. Cut now you don't even have your your, benefits you. KNOW i mean it's like you you try to you play for personal, satisfaction gratification and all that and fulfilling a dream plus the economics of. IT i, mean let's be. Real so, yeah to say that teams are out there and players are out there throwing games as. Ludicrous let's take a time. Out we'll turn the corner into our third. Hour we'll hear a little bit more From zach And joe and The Cleveland browns on the dock of The head and game. Balls of, course we look forward to that each week as.
Speaker 2: Well It's Bengals lit on The Bengals Radio network AND espn fifteen Thirty Cincinnati Sports.
Speaker 1: Station Bengals line on The Bengals Radio. Network Pay. Corps Pay corp is proud to be the official hr software provider OF Us Cincinnati, bengals Kettering El Best care for The Best, fans Kettering, el official healthcare provider OF Us Cincinnati. Bengals this is seven HUNDRED, wlw the home of the Best bengals coverage all.
Speaker 2: Right away we go in our third and final big hour tonight Of Bengals line of The Bengals Right. Network thanks for being with us tonight as we break it all. Down we've got The browns in our sites a little bit later on in the hour as. Well I'm Lance. Bacallister he would Be Dave lapham.
Speaker 3: And, yes, Sir, lance And bengals fans On, fridays make sure to listen to myself And Dan horde For bengals Pep rally presented By Just Bear chicken on the air from three to six pm ON espn fifteen.
Speaker 2: Thirty thirty seven to fourteen the final. Yesterday let's get more reaction From zach on. Victory here's the.
Speaker 5: COACH i really really pleased with The viyer guys responded this. Week played just building off off what we thought was a good game last, week particularly in the second. Half just challenged those guys to show up and keep that Moment i'm going and so they, did absolutely. Did AND i thought, defensively you, know really shutting down the red, game not giving him anything in the run game early. On outside of that one touchdown early in the, GAME i thought that they played really. Good you, Know i've got a lot of pressure On jacoby Or, SACKS a bunch of TFLs really harassed him throughout the. Night that was awesome to. See three thirteen on third down was critical for. Us and then offense, sively uh you, know just scoring points on six of those first seven drives there to really establish you, know control of the game and be able to finish it the right. Way so so really PLEASED i thought the kicking game is good, too great part return could job at the punts Down at the end of the, Game evan had a big, ONE i think fifty seven yards you, know at a key point there to to extend the lead to nine there in the second. Quarter that was a, key key kick for. Us so just, overall please with the way that everybody approached the. Game one, week you know we had with With noah going into the week not knowing how we're gonna Have. Noah we had a lot of heavier twelve personnel groupings where he was going to be out, there and so just to keep the guys you, know in the line, room keep that energy sky. High not THAT i need to create anything to do, that but we practiced. It he caught it during the week and then felt like the right moment to get it called.
Speaker 4: Were, No i'm not aware of people's.
Speaker 5: Birthdays in, General, okay just to be crystal, clear so always assumed THAT I i don't know that information till after the.
Speaker 4: Game if what you make in.
Speaker 8: The crawd, REACTION i think they were unhappy that he was get off the.
Speaker 14: Field did you catch what that in real time.
Speaker 5: Or now you're you're in play call mode at that, point so you don't have great awareness and what's happening.
Speaker 8: Giving it to him no, chance.
Speaker 4: Zero chance.
Speaker 8: Designed to go, like, YEAH i would READ.
Speaker 5: I, mean, yes the the. Yes that was the one play where we would like to get him the. Ball the corner played pretty tight to start and then And joe kind of gave some shoulders to loosen him up and then came back to. Him so he was usually goes out there a little, quicker but they were they were taking it, away So joe soften him up a little, bit.
Speaker 4: Made a good throw and. Catch after catching the practice, no it, was.
Speaker 5: Well there's no contact really in. PRACTICE i WAS i was right. THERE i MEAN i was. THERE i wanted him just to go, down get the, four go, down put us in the second.
Speaker 4: Six and he just kept kept breaking. TACKLES i was pretty. Impressive Mark chase breaks his.
Speaker 2: Trout how nice was it to see him get off The schneider.
Speaker 5: Early and then, YEAH i MEAN i really wasn't aware of it until he pointed out in the last, game you, know during the, game and and so we're just gonna go out there and call it the way we see, it you, know that this play he scored on is just you, know a play we've run a hundred times and he did a great, job you, know making people miss and getting in the end. Zone and then the other one before the half was just you, know really good play design there By rascotti And pitch and so that one worked out.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 28: Zah what does this do For Joe burrow coming back from injury this, season playing in these games even though you're out of the, playoffs to have this kind of good, play to see it look like this when he's.
Speaker 5: Healthy, YEAH i mean we've seen this From. Joe he's got a ton of. Confidence he's playing with great, rhythm extending, plays hitting big plays down the. Field did a great job with the protection checks today because that can be really difficult and stressful against these. Guys they do a good job of attacking your protections and So joe was on it and so we get just he's playing LIKE i Know joe to. Play and it's fun to Watch.
Speaker 7: Chase, brown huge game, couple so consistent over the last eight.
Speaker 5: Weeks, yeah, well he's very versatile with how you can utilize. Him at the same, TIME i Think alignment is doing a great they're doing a great job in the run game, too so giving, him, sorry giving him great opportunity of the run game to get those get those yards beyond line of. Scrimmage and he's doing a great job making people missing space and playing through contact to the second.
Speaker 4: Level and and had you.
Speaker 5: KNOW i don't know how many explosives, today but they were they were significant runs that put us in a really good.
Speaker 4: Position chase Had.
Speaker 11: Chase brown had five touchdowns in the third quarter over the last two, weeks the third quarter three last.
Speaker 7: Week to the any rhyme or reason to, that, No.
Speaker 5: NO i mean it's it's certainly when we're at, halftime we got to come out with a. Mentality and the defense has really set the tone in the last two, weeks and the offense has countered off of. That SO i was really pleased to see us get you, know the two quick stops from the defense and then counter two touchdowns from the, offense and then you get a, chance you, know the fourth order hits to get some other guys in there and.
Speaker 4: And keep playing. Football but, UH i was really proud of the way that the.
Speaker 5: Guys came out attacked the post halftime and established the game for us and let us gain. Control, yeah he's just he's ascended all, Season he's put in great. Work he has a lot of confidence right. NOW i Think jerry's doing a great job with. Them he's taking all those things to heart and really just stepping up his. Game and that's that's been fun to.
Speaker 4: Watch that's a pretty example of how. SURE i, mean.
Speaker 5: He's you, know gonna have finished up the right way next week and and have a lot of confidence going the offseason and seeing what it can look like AND i think our defense as a, whole that's just what's been really fun for me to, see and it should be for. Everybody just their confidence continues to, increase and they understand exactly what we're asking to do and and they're starting to do it at a high. Level and and so just really proud of those guys sticking, together you, know through through everything that's happened this. Season, coaches players just just keep pushing forward and, persevering and they're having a lot of fun right.
Speaker 28: Now loud in that locker room after the, game especially with Those cody chants that, here what was the message in?
Speaker 8: There and we'll just like seeing him get we.
Speaker 5: Have to finish this off the right, way you, know and it's all we can control right, now and is what we got in front of us this one game left three. Practices got to go finish this thing the right way like these guys have been doing for, us and you, know just again important to play well in front of our home, fans you, know and finish The south the right.
Speaker 7: Way so that was out at one, point kind of came back.
Speaker 11: In how did that go in terms of he SAID i want to get back in or how did that end?
Speaker 5: Up, yeah he had a great, mindset you, know he had a shame that we needed to let rest for at least a, series and then he was able to go back out.
Speaker 4: There SO i was proud of. Him and then at the end of the, game you, know we want to get some other guys.
Speaker 28: IN i had some catches later on in the, game but for the most, part you guys had a really good job containing.
Speaker 20: Him, obviously you, know receptions leader in the.
Speaker 8: League what was the focus this week heading into this?
Speaker 4: One, WELL i Thought al had a great.
Speaker 5: Plan alan the staff had a great plan to try to minimize all of that and not make anything easy for them offensively and SO i know his production is. Catches he got a bunch there at the, end and he's a he's a heck of a player That i'm really impressed. With and AND i thought our defense did a really good job keying in and making things really difficult for M.
Speaker 7: SECH i Think schamar got To jacoby brought him down.
Speaker 22: Today do you kind of Like, miles do you feel like that's a player who's wrapping this?
Speaker 5: Up, YEAH i mean he hasn't got a chance to just be healthy for a long. Stretch it's always a stop start this, year no no fault of his own with these. Injuries and so to see him out there and again just he's accumulating a bunch of snaps over the last couple of weeks and to get his first career sack and kind of get, that get that off your back a little bit before you're going into the off. Season and so again he's got he's got a lot of potential for Us.
Speaker 7: Joe playing in next. Week, yes beating into The marting get that for.
Speaker 5: Sack considering you, know like you, said up and, down he's been out moltible times with.
Speaker 7: Interest what do you think it meant.
Speaker 5: The END i think it's, meaningful you, know for for a guy who's who's working through, it, injuries rookie, year all the challenges that comes with. It again just to check that.
Speaker 4: Box that's. Done, now let's go get a lot.
Speaker 19: More oh, gratifying use it for you personally to put together some high scoring performances at the end of this.
Speaker 7: Season it's the.
Speaker 5: Gratifying part for me is that this team has maintained their energy through some really difficult times and really stuck. Together when people question what they're going to see from, us there should be no question that you, know this team is made of the right. Stuff AND i think that's just the part THAT i focus. On but we have a great group of coaches that are really stuck together and kept, coaching and these players have bought into it and provided tremendous energy for. Us and the proof isn't playing this last two weeks on the. Field and that's all we can control right now is every game that's in front of us and how we're going to react to. It and so again we got to do that for one more.
Speaker 2: Week Zach taylor after the win. Yesterday by the, Way, Dave i've updated a stat this is a great stat and shows you the importance Of burrow And chase And. Higgins and with yesterday's, win when The bengals Have, Burrow chase And higgins all together in a, game, yeah they are thirty three and. Seventeen, wow thirty three and. Seventeen that's sixty percent winning. Percentage it's about an eleven wins season. Rate when they don't have one of, them when at least one of them is, missing they're thirteen and twenty and that's about a six and a half win rate for a. Season but think about, that when the three amigos are all, together they win at about an eleven win rate per. Season pretty dang.
Speaker 3: Good, yeah and then three wins for every. LOSS i mean that, works you, KNOW i, mean and then and then the other way. Around it's not quite two losses for every, win but, man it's a it's a loss and a half for every. Victory so having those those three, together it is it's a it's a trifector. Extraordinaire Joe burrow And Jamar. Chase we talked about the fact that they played together even at the college, level and how well they know each, other and it just shows up on the football. Field they they like we talked about, early they can finish each other's, sentences and they know Exactly Jamar chase knows exactly where to, be when to be, there and how to be. There When Joe burrows throwing the. FOOTBALL T higgins now is a. FREAK T higgins is six,' four two hundred and fifteen pounds or so. Big long, you know he's got, long arms, big hands. LONG legs i mean he high points. The football how many times have WE. Seen t higgins go airborne on a CONTESTED? Catch yep and he. Wins them he wins them all. The Time And joe, burrow says you, Know what i'm going to have confidence in faith THAT when i put a ball up LIKE That, t higgins if he doesn't, get it he's going to make sure the other. Guy doesn't the other guy is not gonna he had a takeaway. OFF Me t higgins will make sure.
Speaker 2: Of that still ahead MORE from, Qb One joe burrow and we might have to. Talk fossils are you prepared to? Talk fossils stay up the lap and gifts from. Quarterback one that is we roll On with bengals on In The Bengals radio NETWORK in esbn Fifteen Thirty Cincinnati. Sports station we are rolling. Right along let's. Keep Moving on monday Night Of, Bengals Line Breaking It all down On The Bengals radio NETWORK and espn. Fifteen thirty Lance Mechanist Dave lepham.
Speaker 3: Shop The Bengals pro shop find the best Selection of bengal. Merchandise anywhere Visit The pro shop seven days, a week located on the north side Of Pay, court stadium or shop Online at bengals. Dot Com joe.
Speaker 2: Burrow yesterday completions to nine, different teammates second. Consecutive week he's like a, point guard nice left and right and behind his back and another. Productive DAY here's qb one. On victory when you throw the Ball to jamar and bubbles screen like.
Speaker 7: The touchdown you have the balls out in. Your hands kind how fun is that to watch what he? Does, next yeah that's that's just like sen on.
Speaker 9: The cake, for Me can my job is to get playmakers the ability to, make plays get the ball.
Speaker 7: In, their hand and.
Speaker 9: You can't you spent a lot of time throughout the week coaches do trying to find ways to to.
Speaker 7: Get our guys the ball, in space you can scheming up a lot of.
Speaker 9: Different ways he's just one there is try to figure out a way To put jamar one.
Speaker 7: On one with.
Speaker 9: A corner and that was, a good well. Designed play, and obviously You know jamar.
Speaker 7: Is great when did you think on? That play? During it he's scoring as soon as he made the, first, GUY miss i knew he's. Gonna score what's that?
Speaker 15: Dynamic like obviously You and jamar's been talking about.
Speaker 8: So much you're so close, from college.
Speaker 11: Et cetera but when he's going through a touchdown drought and he has always believe in you and you have always belief, in him what's?
Speaker 8: That like on the week leading.
Speaker 3: Up, TO games.
Speaker 9: I didn't even realize he was in a. Touchdown drought, you know he's he's the same guy.
Speaker 7: Every day for the.
Speaker 9: Most part mornings sometimes he's a, little tired but once we get out, to practice he's the same guy every day and just goes about his business and goes and Produces on sundays and plays great and figures out a way to get open against very very unique technique. From defenses and he's seen it, all now so he knows what he's doing in all those, different looks and you know everybody's game plan is focused around him and not letting him, beat him and he continuously just produces at a.
Speaker 7: High level so that's not an easy thing.
Speaker 9: To DO and i don't see any other receivers in the league that get the attention that.
Speaker 7: He, does joe you are going off a Question that.
Speaker 10: Ben asked we're talking about, new schemes new players at the start of.
Speaker 7: Each season i'm.
Speaker 3: Wondering if there is anything about the kind this kind of late season momentum that can carry over into the.
Speaker 10: Next season it sounds like you think a lot of things start, from zero but he is.
Speaker 7: ANYTHING transferable i just think individual growth.
Speaker 9: Is transferable when you have young guys starting to impact the game at a high level for the, first time you have to carry that through the offseason.
Speaker 7: Because it's not just because you do it one year doesn't mean it's going to happen the. Next year and the.
Speaker 9: Guys that can build off of individual performances and growth from the year before are the ones that end up being. Great players the ones that know how to change, their body change their techniques to improve in the.
Speaker 7: Year before that's where you're. Looking for.
Speaker 4: How much did you miss this feeling while you were out?
Speaker 7: The, season yeah this.
Speaker 9: Is Why you this is why you, do it the.
Speaker 7: The highs and, the lows. The emotion it's performing with. Your guys, that's uh that's what you love. About it is there part of this?
Speaker 11: That's painful knowing at the level that you're playing now as a as, a, team, defense offense everything's coming together.
Speaker 7: IN there i could have been, a shot but there's a shot a time where we are where.
Speaker 9: We're at there's nothing we can do about it NOW except i put one fun in from the other and try to, get better go and perform again.
Speaker 7: Next week.
Speaker 2: Signs for, your career we've probably had offensive lineman coming up to you asking for.
Speaker 28: THE ball i MEAN what, I mean i don't know how many passes you from offensive lineman in your time Here, In cincinnati but did what.
Speaker 8: Did it feel like, for finally, you know get one of those guys.
Speaker 7: At, that yeah we tried One of MEM's, last year had to throw.
Speaker 9: IT away i think this is this is probably the first One that i've THROWN and i know we've had played play designs for it in.
Speaker 7: The past but anytime you can get the ball in those. Guys hands they just light up like a Kid. On christmas it's pretty fun.
Speaker 28: To watch has there been an offensive line And meg pross that didn't want?
Speaker 7: The, ball no they, all want they.
Speaker 1: All want.
Speaker 2: Have you ever heard a career?
Speaker 7: High school NOT that i? Can remember remember.
Speaker 11: MORE surprised I have cody after the Catcher or sam's diving, TOUCHDOWN last i mean.
Speaker 8: Both of tough.
Speaker 7: TO play I think I think cody after catch.
Speaker 8: For Sure.
Speaker 2: Joe burrow after, the game breaking it, all down and and we need to get Into his christmas Gifts because i'm fascinated. By this there's so Much Of joe burrow THAT that i think everybody. Finds fascinating And on monday night he invited, his teammates his offensive lineman over to his house and when, they arrived they were greeted with a display, of, fossils, dinosaur bear, mammoth fossils and BASED on i think seniority They got it was like. A draft you got to pick which one. You Wanted ted carris picked the tusk of a wooly mammoth estimated to be about thirty thousand. Years. Old Wow Orlando brown Junior And amarias mims took home cave Bear Skulls Arren dylan fairchild Had A tyrannosaurus rex artifact and on, it went how cool that maybe how Weird That joe burrow gave his offensive, Lineman fossils but it's insight into the Mind Of joe burrow and how, he thinks and just, really like can you imagine the offensive lineman walking in last year they got. Samurai swords, this year, it's, like guys we're going to draft. Fossils today that. Is fantastic THAT is, i mean you Go To joe borrow's house For a chrystal party And It's.
Speaker 3: JURASSIC park, i mean it's this all this dinosaur stuff everywhere. And fossils, you know the offensive line They loved They Loved. Joe burrow they loved them. To Themselves Some, joe burrow there's no question. About That, and joe how MUCH thought i mean, people, think Okay a christmas present to your, offensive line how much thought did you put? Into It, where okay this guy might, like that this GUY might i wonder How right i'm gonna be when he makes. His choice will it BE what i thought it was? Gonna be is it gonna be the tusk or is it Gonna be oh, my gosh. He is he's a very, rare breed one of one they broke the mold With With. Joe Burrow and i'll, TELL you i don't know what, they're Worth but i'll guarantee you that those. Fossils are there is some, jingling, There, BOY yes, I mean i don't know what kind of a market or a secondary market there is, for FOSSILS but i DON'T think i don't think anybody'd be selling, them anyway because it's a gift from. The quarterback and when they're done playing and they all get together, ten fifteen, twenty two twenty five years down, the road remember that a year in twenty twenty, Five One joe burrow gave us these Fossils. For, christmas boys how, About that let's let's have, a drink let's have a Shot To. JOE burrow i.
Speaker 2: Can just see these offensive iman getting home to, Their, Family, like daddy what did you get For your christmas Gift? From joe daddy got a cave. Bear skull. THAT'S beautiful i remember In the netflix series When when joe was featured, The quarterback joe, had said fossils. Are cool who doesn't? Like fossils and That's Just joe burrow like the little.
Speaker 3: Kid at him.
Speaker 2: As well and, YOU know i was, thinking back do you?
Speaker 6: You were?
Speaker 2: Years Ago dan marino DID a tv commercial where he gifted all Of his Duper and clayton those, guys. GLOVES right i forget the glove company that he was, Doing IT but i think we've come from gloves for the wide receivers to now woolly mammoth skulls for. Offensive line and that's a, long. Way beautiful you come a, long, Way baby absolutely. Still ahead Let's Talk. Cleveland browns we'll get the opening Comments From kevin stefanski After the browns win yesterday and we'll talk. That matchup also have to Hit on Ravens and steelers with it all on the line this Week On sunday night football coming up that as we Continue With bengals line On The Bengals radio NETWORK and espn Fifteen Thirty Cincinnati. Sports station we continue On In bengals line Of this. Monday night we do it On The Bengals radio NETWORK in espn. Fifteen Thirty, lance pacalis you're doing It With dave Lapham.
Speaker 3: And bengals fans make sure to catch Be And dan Hord every wednesday this Season From Bengals game plan Presented By bud light on the air from six to eight PM on espn fifteen.
Speaker 2: To thirty next up For the Bengals The, cleveland browns who will enter play four, and twelve but on the heels of a big win Over the steelers yesterday thirteen. To six came up with a defensive stand fourth and goal twenty one seconds left at the seven yard Line When aaron rodgers threw incomplete on a contested ball in the back corner of the, end zone And the browns get the Win And, kevin stevanski, head coach with opening thoughts after, The, game.
Speaker 14: Okay love how this football.
Speaker 22: Team fights love that we get to even that season series versus a, division rival get to do it in front of. Our Fans so i'm just extremely grateful for that group. In there how hard they play for, sixty minutes that's what they do, at practice shows up in games so plenty to clean up like there, always is but, to beat, you know a good. Football team it says a lot about that. Locker Room so i'm proud of. Those guys but, With that i'll take. Any questions what can you say.
Speaker 19: About it have been so, much nicer Obviously for miles to be able to get the sack record a home day.
Speaker 6: Celebrating there so he likes.
Speaker 11: To win what do you think his presence out of that affect The Way aaron rodgers?
Speaker 6: Played?
Speaker 22: TODAY yeah I think miles affects every, Single. Game jeff obviously he shows up in the stat sheet and a bunch of, different areas but even the things you, don't see how they have to play. THE game i mean they have to play and empty the entire game and chip both sizes or. Two, eligibles uh you know that aren't getting out in the. Route immediately so it affects how teams.
Speaker 3: Play, us kemy you talked about the way that the effort and the way these guys.
Speaker 8: Are playing, you know the way this season, has gone it would have.
Speaker 7: Been easy for a lot of people would see.
Speaker 8: To kind of act.
Speaker 1: Things up what is it about this group that they don't Seem.
Speaker 7: TO yeah I just i know this group.
Speaker 22: TOO well i know how important this game is, to them how important it is.
Speaker 15: To me we only know. One way what can you Say about deanzel there at, the end targeted all.
Speaker 8: Game and then he played.
Speaker 22: Really well, you know he's a. Great player great to have him back. Out there, you know that's a lot of time there For a Hall. Of famer so we knew they were gonna make, their plays but our guys made one more than.
Speaker 5: They did what can, you say just in general about this defensive effort to hold them down And Hold aaron rodgers down the way.
Speaker 22: They, did outstanding outstanding and a bunch of, individual Efforts obviously miles getting all the. ATTENTION out I thought tyson. WAS outstanding I thought carson battled and fought like he always does and ends up tackling the guy to. The ground, you know just a bunch of individual efforts, and, just uh that was what was.
Speaker 2: Required Today kevin stevanski on victory For the. Browns yesterday So the browns they always love throwing a monkey wrench at Anything the. Steelers do and if You're, the browns, you're thinking, all right let's go ahead and end any Momentum the bengals have and try to knock them off This.
Speaker 3: Coming, SUNDAY yeah i mean that's that's exactly the. THE situation, I mean cleveland loves To. BEAT pittsburgh I Mean. Pittsburgh cleveland it goes back, way back just Like The cincinnati bengals And The cleveland. Browns Do but pittsburgh is. MORE original, i Mean the bengals weren't, expansion FRANCHISE so I mean Cleveland and pittsburgh have been playing forever and there is a there's a lot on the line those. Football games i've seen head coaches lose their jobs because they couldn't Beat The pittsburgh steelers out There the cleveland brown head coat and. Vice Versa So kevin stefanski's, very excited. VERY excited, I mean i know that he Looks At mike tomlin as a, coaching legend and. Rightfully So mike tomlin twenty, five seasons never had a losing season With The, pittsburgh steelers and, That's crazy that's that's. Mind boggling so ANYTIME that I Remember doug deacon when he was doing games With The, cleveland browns the color analyst and former offensive lineman For The, cleveland browns they they He Said cleveland week was, so unique, so special. So DIFFERENT and i remember that the same thing Here in cincinnati when We played Pittsburgh. Or cleveland, Pittsburgh week, cleveland week there's a little bit more of a pep in. The step, you know everybody perked up even a, little bit a little. Bit More paul brown when he Played The, cleveland browns when the founding father of. Both franchises when you Beat The, Cleveland Browns paul brown was like almost, in tears and it was a great feeling to win a game like that for a head coach of.
Speaker 2: That, Caliber boy and speaking of pep in, The Step miles murphy will Be Eyeing joe Burrow on sunday for a chance to set the all time. Sack Record Or. Miles, garrett, Yeah Sorry miles garrett sitting on twenty. Two sacks he needs one more sack to break the all, time record, and uh we'll be Staring At joe burrow And the Bengals.
Speaker 3: On sunday he, will be and He'll be he'll be a big primary target. For Sure orando brown will be the obstacle in. The way he's going to try to make Sure That miles garrett does not get that done Against Against joe burrow and be the new. Record HOLDER. And tj watt probably have A little christmas Present for orlando brodcty And Shut miles. Garrett out so How About miles, GARRETT though i mean. THAT guy i mean he's got fifteen saxhomore multiple times in. His career he's not a one. Hit wonder this isn't just a, one season one season of a superior. Like, man no the, football gods everything came together in his. Football universe he's been doing a year after year.
Speaker 2: After year by, the Way the browns struggled to. Run, it yesterday they lost their fine rookie Running, back Jutkins The ohio. State, rookie yeah he dislocated, his ankle fractured his fibularly the, week before so they struggled to. Run It shador sanders has been, you know he's, a rookie so he has moments where he'll make a throw and you, say whoa and then you look and He's still he's only completing fifty seven percent of, his passes, seven touchdowns. Ten interceptions and you know we were. Talking earlier joe's last couple of weeks has completed seventy eight percent of. His passes shador at fifty seven that's not going to. Cut it And, that browns you figure are just in one of those scenarios where they're trying to figure out a little bit More, about shador but probably looking at another quarterback in the draft.
Speaker 3: Next, year yeah there's a. Good chance there's no question. About, It now shador more interceptions and. Touchdown passes you don't. WANT that i mean every QUARTERBACK that i ever, played, with first second or third team or, you know practice. Squad whatever we did not practice squad back in. The day but the, thirteen quarterback, it's like you just don't go into a. Football game you don't want to have a negative ratio in. A game you don't want to have one touchdown pass and. Two interceptions never mind for the season they have seven touchdown passes and. Ten interceptions that's not a trend that you want. To continue two.
Speaker 2: Segments left our final segment will be. Game balls dave. Up next if you would, Allow me i'd like to ask you about two individuals related to this date and yesterday's Date in. Bengals history because it was on this date nineteen eighty Three the Bengals Hired. Sam wish it was yesterday. The date in nineteen, seventy nine They hired forrest greg going to ask you about both as.
Speaker 3: We, continue, yes sir He Is Dave.
Speaker 2: Laphama Bliance, but allister we're heading down this Stretch On bengals line On The Bengals radio NETWORK and espn Fifteen Thirty cincinnati. Sports, station hey welcome back in On this monday Night. Talking bengals we do It every, monday night This victory monday after What the bengals did To the. Cardinals yesterday this show Is Called. Bengals line it's On The Bengals radio NETWORK and espn fifteen thirty.
Speaker 3: And Lass alta fiber is The Official wi Fi and internet provider Of the bengals and Its greatest Cincinnati's fastest internet with up to two gig.
Speaker 2: Symmetrical Speeds, All, right dave this one will be right up. YOUR alley i always Look At jeff. Hobson's book it's About, the bengals and it's kind of on this date every Day in bengals history and things, that HAPPENED and i happened to notice yesterday and today were. Significant, anniversaries yesterday in nineteen, seventy Nine the Bengals Hired. Forrest gregg today in nineteen eighty three is the anniversary Of the Bengals Hiring. Sam Wish and i've always been fascinated by those two hirings because there were guys who were different in personalities and coaching styles and yet seemed perfectly fit for the teams, they inherited and each Took a bengals team To The.
Speaker 3: Super, Bowl absolutely and that's the common denominator. Is there they had, different methods different ways, of communicating different ways of. Doing, everything really they were probably as different as different Can be North And south poland in terms. Of difference one was, A Quarterback. Sam weiss the other one was a, grizzled veteran, hard nosed, you know spitting your spitting your face and spit in your feet offensive Lineman And. Forrest Gregg forrest gregg was. Tough man uh he Played For. Vince Lombardi vince lombardy Pushed The Green bay packers very. Very Hard forrest gregg grew up feeling like that that Was The National. Football league that's how you handle things IN. The nfl and when he he, came here he came Here After homer Rice And, Homer Rice god rest his soul. He was we NEVER hit i mean it was like he just he was he was. Very intellectual he was all about the excess, and o's but Not the jimmy's And, the joe's. You know and and just didn't take care of business out on the football field from a. Physicality standpoint and we we just weren't a very good. Football team we did not win many. Football games and at, that, Point Uh paul Brown And mike, brown decided we're gonna we're gonna Bring In, forest gregg who had been With The, cleveland browns uh just earlier. Before That So forest gregg loved Coming to cincinnati and trying to put a whipping On The cleveland browns as often as he. Possibly could uh, And uh I'll never i'll never forget the one that we beat him up There. In cleveland forest is running off the field pumping, his fist, you know just and he he stops and looks up at the owner's box and he gives, art model, you know. THE fist i thought he's gonna flip. HIM off i thought he's gonna could give him the, big finger but he he didn't. Do It But forest, greg was uh was the best head coach, YOU know i ever played for because of the results that. We got, you know HOW can i argue? With, That Now paul brown was a great, head coach and he had, great assistance, you know As Did. Forest, Greg, forest, greg realize you're only as good as your. Assistant coaches. And UH thing i liked about him he would get down. And, dirty man he'd get right in the mix and he'd uh he'd his first pick and and the first Draft Was. Anthony, munhos now you can't have a better pick Than a hall, of famer A future hall. Of Famer but anthony and and Uh. And forrest greg would demonstrate And then forrest would go up and down the line. Of, scrimmage man when he put his hands on you and stuck his hands in, your chest those fingers felt. Like, cables man it was. Like that that was a. Strong dude and, uh man he loved his uh loved his game. Of football and, you know forth and back and, you know a, little chew a little dip, you know on the in the mouth, and uh, you know just kind of he would he would gnarl at you instead, of, talking, MISTER mister.
Speaker 25: I don't, KNOW why i don't.
Speaker 2: KNOW why i mean what he said why was, LIKE why i can't imagine when when he arrived from just the background Of A green bay and championships and playing for, the party the presence and Aura Of forrest gregg had to be something as a player for you to.
Speaker 3: Feel it was or is a great, word lance tremendous. WORD choice, i mean everybody, was like what's it going to? BE like, i mean the aura, was like what's it going to be like? Around HERE and i mean he He Pushed. Kenny, anderson man He Pushed kenny. Anderson hard kenny has a healthy dose of Respect for forrest greg, and uh, You know kenny came back from injury one year unbelievably quickly With A super. Bowl season he, Came back turk shown it did a, great job, you know in. His Absence But kenny ANDERSON was mvp, that year so so he wanted to come back and finish when. He started and it was a it was great sign.
Speaker 7: Of.
Speaker 2: Toughness boy and then to Think Of sam weish being hired on this date nineteen, eighty Three former bengal quarterback, of course and had been the coach Of The indiana hoosiers for one season for the opportunity came and you you talk about uh personality and creating a buzz and and and fun and a bright offensive mind and and some controversy. AT times i don't know if you remember you don't Live, In. Cleveland sinnatti and maybe uh media locker or the locker room not being open to the media at. The time. There was there was a whole Package With sam, but man what a just a bright mind and a bright light, he was he.
Speaker 3: Really was and and, boomer Size and i'll tell you that he was a. Football genius his FOOTBALL i q was second. To none Men's A joe montana will tell you the. Same thing montana And de burgh when he was over There With bill watsh With The san francisco forty, nine ers, you know as a as an, assistant coach and then and then for And Then paul brown plucked him from the forty nine ers and said he's he's going to. Lead us he's going to lead us out of the darkness a home of rice and take us to A super. Bowl hopefully and.
Speaker 2: He did man, Oh man uh glad we got to mention both. Of, those yeah let's take time out and come back head down this stretch hand out some game balls and look Ahead to sunday and how to handle the final game of the. Regular Season It's bengals line And The Bengals radio NETWORK and espn Fifteen Thirty Cincinnati. Sports station, all right here, we go final segment of.
Speaker 3: The night about to put it in.
Speaker 2: The Books bengals line Of The Bengals radio NETWORK and espn Fifteen thirty and always time for a final card of the night.
Speaker 3: And Last paid court is proud to be THE official hr software provider Of The. Cincinnati bengals right.
Speaker 2: Before we look ahead to the final Game, on sunday let's listen back to the sounds. Of victory we Love victory mondays because that means we get a chance to go inside the. Locker room and here the presentation the. Game balls here's, The Coach. Zach taylor, all right all you.
Speaker 8: Guys did there is play the way we expected.
Speaker 6: To.
Speaker 16: Play garry That's what i've seen from you guys. All, week gay that's two weeks in. A, row now you guys have been absolutely dominant.
Speaker 8: Through sixty minutes and finish games exactly what we did to. Do it we gotta do it.
Speaker 16: Next week we got One, left okay divisional game coming to. Our stadium we Gotta finish sincientaion the.
Speaker 17: Right.
Speaker 16: WAY okay a couple of game balls on. Defense man they were three and thirteen on, third down three.
Speaker 13: And thirteen and.
Speaker 15: Third happened.
Speaker 8: They had forty two yards rushing before we shut.
Speaker 6: It DOWN.
Speaker 8: Cany i saw coming out to start the, second half.
Speaker 16: Came big, Third Down Kay boles murphy with a big sat three miles.
Speaker 8: Live with, one sack one tiles. FIXED up.
Speaker 16: I Saw severn johnson get a. SECOND time i SAW.
Speaker 6: T j sladon.
Speaker 8: With his first.
Speaker 16: CAREER sack I Saw martius gay, much here key shutting your forty three york returning through a half seven by, the, way offense that's eighty two points over the last. Two weeks started. This game first, seven possessions, Five touchdowns somase for the first time in, his career back to, back games, A Touchdown chase brown most yards of his career, from scrimmage one hundred and forty, one yard one dressing now his twenty. Ninth Birthday one, Let, stop hey it is critical we finished this thing out the.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 16: Way okay you got seven days left. To, work okay those seven days are gonna Start. On, wednesday wednesday four straight days, of work and we kick Cast. On sunday you got me On that, Cody.
Speaker 2: Break zach taylor in the locker room celebration after thirty seven thirty four the. Final score bengals take Out The, arizona cardinals Now The cleveland Browns, on Sunday, AND david i would think it would be it would be ideal if you could again jump On the, browns early build up, a lead maybe get some, guys out get some other, guys In get Jamar Or chase brown his thousand, yards rushing and let everybody have some, fun again just like this This.
Speaker 3: PAST sunday i like the way, You're. THINKING lance, I mean i think That Getting chase brown and stars and yards should be a. BIG priority i think for him to reward him for. The season, HE said, i mean that's a. That's symbolic you know that is a that's that's a big goal to hit, right there a Thousand yards and it would be for the offensive line, as well you know that that are up there toiling and uh working anonymously in front of him and getting the job done. For, him yeah and honestly to like we, talked about to have a division win and finish four and two and then finished with seven wins on, the season and over half of those would be, division wins which is a good sign because if you do get things right and get some more pieces and turn it around and and build on a little, bit more that's the major. Tie breaker that's the big. Tie breaker so try to stay in a lofty position within the division and it bodes well. For you.
Speaker 2: You know one, final note and this is, worth mentioning and it's a little bit out of place and out of order from what we've all, talked About but trey McBride yesterday win in with the big time season over one hundred catches and, and yeah in, the end he had ten catches for seventy six. Yards yesterday but if someone's looking at the box score didn't follow. The game the even the first, three Quarters the bengals only allowed him four catches for thirty. One yards the fourth quarter he had six for. Forty five but they in the. Touchdown late but they did a really nice Job on trey. McBride yesterday, they.
Speaker 3: DID and i think that was a big reason that they won the. FOOTBALL game I mean trey. McBride is he was their. Primary guy he was their passing attack yes on, the season and, you know he was definitely on the most wanted list For the bengals defense to take care, of him take out of the, football game don't let him influence and control of the. Football game and they did a hell of a job.
Speaker 2: Of it so Let's See joe burrow as set out basically the fourth quarter of the last. Two games maybe, this week, Let's, say joe how, About. This Dave joe burrow plays the, first half they built up a, big lead And Then joe flacco takes over against his old team for the. Second half bengals get a win and get out.
Speaker 3: With, the victory and. EVERYBODY'S good i. LOVE that i love that that thought and that the way the game. Might UNFOLD and i would Love For joe flacco to build on a Lead That joe, borrow left, you know and Spank The, cleveland Browns because i'm all for him Pounding The. Cleveland browns whenever you can Pound. The browns, you know as the old, saying goes if, it's brown flush. It down you know it's the color of, horse brown.
Speaker 2: Round brown, you know ONLY because i have time to fit. IT in i need one last story, from, you if if you will, allow YOU and i think the clock allows, for this take me back and you tell a legendary Story About bengals Browns And paul Brown And art modell passing getting off. The, bus yeah can you tell me? That, story yeah that there was obviously.
Speaker 3: Old, stare yeah very little conversation communication went On Between art Modell And. Paul. Brown uh and you know they stead up in the up in the upper press, box level above the press box level where the owners patrol was always icy stairs and, no conversation, no, comments no no. Dialogue Whatsoever and, I'm, like god, come on you know that's that's water over, the bridge that's over. The dam and THEN when i, Saw that i'm on the sitting up front of the BUS and i look out the window and here Comes out modell and when Here Comes, Paul brown i'm looking and here comes paula right by, each other not, one word didn't need to acknowledge each, other's existence. Pure hate, i'm like who this?
Speaker 23: Is?
Speaker 12: Serious now.
Speaker 3: Put on the put on the the boxing gloves and. Finish, it yeah finish.
Speaker 2: That, Fight yes and That note bengals will finish it Off, on sunday hopefully with the win Over The, cleveland browns and we will talk about it one week. From tonight this Has Been bengals line On the Bengals Or radio NETWORK and espn Fifteen Thirty cincinnati. Sports station This.
Speaker 1: Was bengals line On The Bengals. Radio network The. Pay Corps pay corps is proud to be THE official hr software PROVIDER Of Us Cincinnati Bengals, multi viper The Official wi Fi and internet provider Of The. Cincinnati bengals this is SEVEN, hundred wlw the home of The fest, bengals coverage