Speaker 1: All right, it's Mojo in the morning show. keV is a property owner almost we got to say you got to say it with a pee that pops a property owner? Which p pops the first play to second pop? I don't know, but it like when you become a property owner. It's wild because you go and you look at the dirt and you touch it and you feel it. Explain this to me, did you buy something?
Speaker 2: I didn't buy anything, and it's being given to me and I'm extremely thankful and blessed for it. But it wasn't always going to be given to me. So when I was younger, we lived in a home and next to our home was an empty lot, and my mom purchased a lot. This is a long, long, long, long, long long time ago, and it recently came up in conversation that she was going to the city because we don't do anything with the lot. I haven't been in that area of town and I don't know how long. And even though she still owns it, she doesn't maintain it. She doesn't do anything, but she's been paying the taxes on it. So she's like, I'm tired of this. I'm about to just give it over to the city, and I'm like, wait a second, they not making no more earth Like, what's here is what's here own a piece, We're not just about to give it away.
Speaker 1: Why was she going to give it away to the city because she just wants to be done with it.
Speaker 2: I guess at that point, like just it's easier just to give it away than to actually do something with it. So I'm like, okay, let's let's dial this back. I want it, so going through the process of getting it transferred over to me so I can assume ownership. And when she said I think either she drove by the property recently or something. But the guy who now lives in our old house has put a fence around the lot that he doesn't own, and he has cars and like other things on the lot. So he's like occupying this lot that my mother owns that in a matter of a month or whatever on the process is I will own. So I'm like, okay, well do I just you know, do the friendly neighborly thing and go knock on the door and say, hey, sir, you know I'm the owner of this property. Either I'll sell it to you or you got to move yourself off the lot depending upon what I would like to do with it.
Speaker 1: Do I allow the city to go about it and do it their way?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: What how do you handle these type of situations when essentially I got to evict this guy and I don't even know how long he's been operating this way.
Speaker 1: So I'm coming out of nowhere, like, oh, by the way, this is mine. So let me see if I understand the story. Your mom's lot is next to where this guy lives, correct, and he's been using a lot because it's been empty. Correct. He had balls enough to put a fence around a lot that wasn't his. I guess why did your mom not say anything to him back then?
Speaker 2: I don't think she ever, Like when I say, we haven't lived in this house, Mojo for more than twenty years, like it's just yeah, it's just not a thing. Like once we lived there, they tore down. The house next door is an empty lots she bought the lot and there and go.
Speaker 1: Squatter laws apply to land. I just looked it up.
Speaker 4: So isn't that like if you occupy it for a certain amount of time, it becomes yours.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know the details of squatter have you ever heard this stories about squatters.
Speaker 1: I just did some reason. Give me some story. Let me tell you a crazy story. My old neighbor actually Pat and I and Pat and I and my sisters and brothers. We all lived in this house. The guy who lived next door to us, after my dad had sold the house, he had a squatter come into his house, change his locks and stay in there. And the guy got locked out of his house. He was trying to sell the house and it was empty because he moved to another city. A squatter came in while the home was for sale, and they took ownership of the house. He had to wait till they left to break into his own house and rechange the locks back.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's a crazy thing that could be done in order to get, you know, somebody out of your house like that. I don't know, if you put a rabid dog in here, you might have to do a.
Speaker 1: Little some something.
Speaker 2: But I feel like, you know, once I assume you know, legal responsibility at his property has got to be a way to get I got a guy there, he got a guy.
Speaker 1: What's up, Becky? How you doing?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 5: Just listening to keV And we have property and We've live in a rural area and we've known farmers to work a piece of property for seven years and then they steal it from the current owner.
Speaker 2: Oh god, So so what should I do.
Speaker 5: You need to well? For will you need to find out hauling the stuff has been on there or immediately get it off. Once you immediately get it off of there, it's null and void. He can't come back and sue you for it. But if he doesn't know that rule, which a lot of people do not, you probably have a chance of getting his stuff off of there.
Speaker 1: I wonder if Kevin needs to not tell him anything, just go and have somebody move all that stuff, take the fence down, have that fence taken down, have that stuff taken off of there. You know, just do it right now. And then if anybody say anything today is my property. I don't know who put this on there. What's up, Cameron? How you doing.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: I was gonna say that Kevin should work up some sort of like lease agreement and approach the guy and have some sort of documentation about uh, just giving getting money for him using the property. Yeah, he should making money off of it.
Speaker 1: He should be paying Kevin rent for whatever he's doing on that property exactly exactly.
Speaker 6: People pay to use the storage unit, you know, they could use his property. Kevin could be making a hundred bucks a months.
Speaker 1: I like the way you're thinking.
Speaker 2: If he is not a fan of that idea, what do I do?
Speaker 1: Alternatively?
Speaker 6: You get him off of there? Yeah, yeah, that's that's the real thing. Seven years. If they're maintaining the property, or they have stuff on it, they can go claim ownership on it.
Speaker 1: Call a real estate agent, tell him put a big, old fat for sale sign on the front of that thing. And see that guy's eyes light up, you know what I mean, Like, make this guy realize it ain't your proper. He's taking it. You know what he's doing. He's taking advantage of a sweet lady and your mom.
Speaker 2: He probably just doesn't when I say, we haven't been there in years, so he probably isn't even thinking of the legalities around.
Speaker 1: It's just this empty lot. I got jumped. Let me put it there. You don't assume that something is yours if nobody's there. You just can't do that, you know what I mean. If a car isn't sitting in our parking lot for you know, six months, I can't just walk up to the car and go, that's my car. What's up? Kaylee High.
Speaker 5: Hey, good morning guys. I Kevin, I would let the city handle this, just because if somebody came up to me on a property that I've been occupying for.
Speaker 1: You don't even know how many years, I'm gonna laugh at you like I'm gonna laugh at you. You better just go straight to the city with this. You know what I would go do. I'd go to Charlie Langthon or not Gonna do, or Rob Wallcheck or somebody Karen Drew Karen's direct line h Karen Drew, I told Kevin. I said, call Karen Drew and phone scammer. I told, did you ever hear this Lydia and Bianca? I told Kevin, I said, call Karen Drew after she did that story about the you know, throwing the carcasses and the dumpster, I said, call her up in phone scammer and that's what they're a little bit, and tell her that you need to get paid for that story. She has not returned any of Kevin's calls since.
Speaker 2: When I say I'll call, I left a scathing voicemail. I think got cussed on. What is I talked to that lady?
Speaker 1: She never called. She now won't even pick up his phone calls anymore. Shannon wants to say something about a squad or what happened to you? Shannon.
Speaker 4: So I bought a house and my first problem was I bought it four closed, and when I showed up, there was a lady there with her kids, and they'd been living there for four years. I found out that her husband had hung himself in the backyard and she was just living there, not paying any taxes. And that's why I got four closed. Kevin, you need a lawyer, You need to get eviction. You need to make sure you have yourself covered. This lady acted like she was renting from me. She broke the water heater and wanted me to replace it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: She basically was trying to get you to be a bad landlord or she wasn't band rating. It broke me to get her out.
Speaker 2: Somebody somebody hanging they so they can have it. I don't want to live there. Keep your property, bro Thanks Shannon for the call. No Epstein my.
Speaker 1: Hold on. Meg had somebody take her land. What happened? Meg?
Speaker 7: So my mom bought a piece of land back whenever I was a kid and we were going to move into it later on in life, and the neighbors built a vinence so that we couldn't access the property. And they didn't take the whole property, but they took all the access away and we ended up losing access to the outside of the property.
Speaker 1: So you lost it permanently. You couldn't get it back.
Speaker 7: Yep, yep. We tried to get it back in the law, said the water law.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 7: Wow, we hadn't been there in over seven years, and we had been to the property but didn't take their fence down, and whenever, whenever we lost all access. Then we were like, wait a minute, we can't get to it anymore. And the sport said, nope, we had been over over seven years.
Speaker 1: Not good, not good. We're gonna we're gonna figure some things out.
Speaker 2: We're gonna we're gonna talk to some some people with some some legal backgrounds and see what our options are.
Speaker 1: You know what this reminds me of. It reminds me of Yellowstone. You're gonna do it, family, now, don't go nice. How did they do it on the on Yellowstone? Yellowstone? He sent rip over there and Rip did the business. Rip is his closer. Basically, Rip Rip took care of he. Rip that you know a little, and you know exactly Kevin needs to dress up like a cowboy and show up on that land