Speaker 1: And the next day, on the twenty fourth, it'll be my Chemical Romance. Get the complete details and all of our upcoming shows on the concert page a KFE dot com cure calendar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do that, thank you. Second, I'll go to the patrip more sure.
Speaker 3: Here we are, Hi, Ben, Hey guys, Hi, Hi, what's new?
Speaker 4: It was fine? Actually, yeah, we didn't do too much. We went to a friend's house last night. They host us. They had a bunch of other families over there, and yeah, we kind of did a big Mother's Day dinner. But other than that, well, the one thing that we had we had to deal with and thank god, everything is okay now. But Saturday night we went to the game, The Wild Game Sausage Aston.
Speaker 3: You sit by Pa and sauce. We did not. We did not. I think you were behind this.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I meant god, no, not that I'm picking.
Speaker 3: Up what you're putting down. It's fine, you know, listen, I found a way to get my my family into the game. Sorry about that.
Speaker 6: So you.
Speaker 3: Guys were in a better situation, So like it was the opposite.
Speaker 4: So we left and might we get all the way home and my wife's like, I don't have my purse, I think to the chair.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 3: So anyway, and you can't rip her. It's Mother's Day, weekend, you can't.
Speaker 7: You can't do the whole Look every time you leave somewhere, it's Key's cell phone wallet, Key's cell phone wallet or in her.
Speaker 3: Case, whatever you have in your purse. One you just have to check. And the thing is like in she even knew it too. She's like, I didn't even really need it. I go, I don't. I was like, what did you have it for?
Speaker 5: I'm like, normally you get normally you give me your your whatever card you want, an I D and your lip glass.
Speaker 3: Like I'm I'm the you know, the sherpa.
Speaker 4: So okay, I mean I'm not sure even why you brought it, Like I was, was like, I'll just try to figure it out.
Speaker 3: So we work.
Speaker 4: We worked through some channels and stuff like that, and we got to some people and it was not at Lost and Found yesterday, it was not at guest Services Wells and I drove back down to the arena and we're like, let's just see if we can get in and to see it, because like we know exactly where she put. There was a seat next to us that was empty, and she's like, I think I just put it in the seat and then we just got up and left. I put my coat on and we left. So she's like, it's very possible. It's just still sitting there. I'm like, I don't know. I'll go. I'll drive back down there. So I go back down there. I sweet talk my way in. There's actually an event going on. There's like some ice skating thing going on. So like they were super nice. They escort us to the area that we were sitting in and it was not there. So thankfully, about two hours after we got home, I got text from my buddy that's been helping out and he's like, they found it.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 3: I'm like, thank god, geez wow.
Speaker 7: So anyway, so what was it? What was in the purse? Everything? Yeah, her phone?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, she had her phone because she had her phone, but I had her phone.
Speaker 3: And then it was like everything else. Soon it was like the purse it was not missing.
Speaker 4: Well, we don't know yet because we haven't picked it up yet, because we because we got we got the text saying that they found it. About an hour before we were going to the friend's house for dinner and we still to make an advertiser and all this other stuff.
Speaker 3: So really that's what I said, what are we doing? What's the goal here?
Speaker 4: But no, I'm busy right after the show with a whole bunch of stuff. So she's just going to drive back down there and pick it up. So that was pretty much our Mother's Day.
Speaker 2: Did you say this to her at all at any point?
Speaker 3: I know that, honey, I kind of did. Actually maybe not, maybe not in that way.
Speaker 7: What a true gift though, for mother's days you having to bite your tongue for twenty four hours because you can't rip her.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 5: It's Mother's Day, even if it wasn't my day.
Speaker 3: Honestly it wasn't. I was never that worried about it.
Speaker 4: I was like, Okay, where we were sitting, I just don't think that people were going to steal it or whatever. Somebody's got it, they just probably haven't turned it into the system yet to let us know, because you got to fill out this whole online form, and so like, I really wasn't all that worried. I got a little bit more worried when we actually went down there and they're like, no, it's it's nowhere to be found. But I but up until that point, I was like, we'll figure it out, You'll be fine. You know, all Saturday she was freaking out on Saturday night. She's like, I gotta cancel this. I got cancel this and I feel getting another ID and blah blah.
Speaker 7: Right, and he regularly carries about what forty k in cash in case?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right on the forty She had forty dollars, that's all she had. That's enough to buy about a pretzel than I have, yeah, or gamble yeah idea.
Speaker 4: So anyway, the very nice, gracious people at Grand Casino Arena have have helped us out and we're going to get it.
Speaker 3: Back to that. Well, that's nice. So that was kind of our mother.
Speaker 4: Our Mother's Day was really just honestly just sort of wrapped up into that the whole day until we went to the dinner party. Oh no, So it feels like a bonus, but it's actually like, is just.
Speaker 3: Getting back to zero, right, We'll take it. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So when that's what Kelly call is going home from.
Speaker 3: Work, m h, I'm not a zero am I.
Speaker 2: It's called humor, not good humor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, try it.
Speaker 5: This is news hockey presented by the Saint Paul Saints.
Speaker 3: Hey you said Paul Saints.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow, six thirty seven May twelfth, Colorado chs Field. Get your ticket, says baseball dot Com.
Speaker 3: Let's go. Hell yeah.
Speaker 7: So we beat Colorado tonight and then we beat Colorado apparently tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, man, Hey Ben, Yes, sir, you and I have looked at some Oh what are we looking?
Speaker 3: What? Yes, we have a look at that.
Speaker 2: Really impressive gentlemen together. I would say that we've admired the physique of some men together.
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah, it's I'm not afraid to do it at that non Viking.
Speaker 2: Who's the one player that comes to mind when I say I saw your eyes bulge out of your head. You couldn't believe the physique on this gentleman? Well big, this person?
Speaker 3: I mean, now, I could say Danil Hunter because he's not on the team, right, But that's not How about David Boston.
Speaker 2: That's a good one, But no, that's not who I'm going for. I thought it'd be easier than.
Speaker 3: This, Sir, Adrian Peterson. Is he in the news?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know it is. Is it the guy that just signed a one year deal with the Chargers yes, yeah, I can do this David and Joku. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you remember how big that's some bitch was?
Speaker 3: Yeah, unbelievable, Yeah he was. He was ridiculous. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought I was going to be impressed by Miles Garrett and I was, But damn, that's.
Speaker 3: A huge bitch, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He played for nine years in Cleveland.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine it was ninety he says after nine years with Cleveland, and Joku moves on to catch passes from Justin Hurt.
Speaker 4: Hair Bear, hair Bear, hair Bear, the care Bear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought it was like seven years. But any way, there you go either way.
Speaker 2: One, you're eight million dollars. That's a big dude. Man, I just wasted talent. M not anymore. Hair Bear is gonna get him.
Speaker 4: Who do you in your mind? Who's got the Is he kind of on the top? I know he's top of coal. But you've seen a lot of dudes in the lost. Who impresses you the most? Boy, it has impressed you.
Speaker 2: It's hard to beat our linebacker right now.
Speaker 3: Eric Wilson.
Speaker 2: Eric Wilson, Gosh, man, he's just damn Tommy's been I mean, honestly, come on, man, it's like that's not fair. I'm a gentleman as well, I know. Gosh. Anyway, the news there you go. Mmm, hey Corey, yes, sir, remember when we watched that that was an animal the moves.
Speaker 3: Real slow sloth.
Speaker 7: You have the sloth that swam across the lake after it took him a couple of hours.
Speaker 3: It was like a bay. Yeah, he's all horned up. Right.
Speaker 2: I'm looking right now at a picture of a coyote standing on the shore of Alcatraz. M A male coyote swam two miles to Alcatras looking.
Speaker 3: For looking for how you're in all the wrong places? Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's looking around in this picture and it says, damn, did that for nothing?
Speaker 3: There's nothing here? Yeah alone.
Speaker 2: Coyote stunned biologists and others when it paddled its way to remote Alcatraz Island earlier this year. A former federal prison in San Francisco case didn't know what there was surrounded by swift, choppy waters at the time. Biolog just guess the coyote swim from San Francisco, which is a little over a mile to the fortress. But it turns out the male coyote actually made an even longer swim from Angel Island two miles away. Poor guy, a poor guy.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: We we always talk about like when a when a humans in the water and a great white shark bites them, it's it's to investigate. Yeah, it's just like what is this? And then they bite us and they realize, oh this isn't good.
Speaker 3: And then you bleed out. But still but there a lot of the times they let you go.
Speaker 2: They say they're sorry.
Speaker 7: Can you imagine in San Francisco, great white sharks just swimming along, swimming along, and all of a sudden, the coyotes swimming and they're like, what in the sweet hell is this?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, they don't see things that are hairy like that. Yeah, no, no, calm.
Speaker 5: Down, and you're steering, you know, because yeah, he's got a nice rudder going.
Speaker 7: Yeah he's got he's swimming with purpose. Yeah, not a porpoise. That's something different. Paul, and made it all the way without getting my gray.
Speaker 2: White suoted that I never thought about that he made it there without getting my shot.
Speaker 3: Shark infested water again, mat coyote.
Speaker 7: If he had tasted the water, if it tasted like salt, there would have been sharks in the water, and my guess is that it did taste like salt.
Speaker 3: So after he.
Speaker 4: Gets to the island, which I'm sure, he's exhausted, exhausted, they.
Speaker 2: Said he looked. He looked like a drowned rat when he ended up ony on us what you're saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So after he sniffs around and doesn't find the female he's looking for, how does.
Speaker 2: He get the poison out?
Speaker 3: That's a very tale, as old as time, I know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, yeah, he did all that work, which he thought was gonna be a giant payoff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, and he's like, dude, I'm just kidding. I'm pretty sure he run back.
Speaker 7: It was sure that he just swam from and he realizes he just risked his life and wasted his life, and he just as I live here now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, this is this is it? Where's that damn road runner.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say that the the sea birds are hating their lives right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but for the time being, he probably is exhausted. He just unleashed on himself and he's going to take a nap.
Speaker 3: Yeah he took up smoking.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah. They're going to try to trap him, trap him and get him back to h to another island. That's what they're looking to do right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they should.
Speaker 4: They should actually like play dating games and like, uh, they should be a matchmaker, because they should. After all of that, they should find an island or a little secluded place where at least he's got a couple of choices.
Speaker 7: I just put one road runner on Alcatraz Island and just film it.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, right, right, Yeah, but that's just after. That's after he finds what he's looking for. Oh, I mean, he still hasn't found what he's looking for.
Speaker 7: I also would say, like back to the sloth video, I didn't know a sloth could swim. Yeah, either, I didn't until about two and a half minutes ago. I didn't know what coyote could swim. Yeah, well let alone two miles.
Speaker 2: Scientists didn't know they could swim that far. But you know what, the things you'll do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the things you do. They think that Alcatraz was his final destination.
Speaker 5: I don't want the current push push him intoland.
Speaker 2: Because he's a coyote.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good point.
Speaker 2: He didn't know Alcatraz was over there? Did you see that far?
Speaker 3: No? He does love the rock the movie, though.
Speaker 2: Did He just look around and me like, man, am I sick of these ladies their purses at the game.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe it's not the coyote that torny.
Speaker 7: Maybe it's the scientist, right, Maybe the coyote like literally fell into the water and the and the waves just brought him all the way there.
Speaker 3: No choice, He did nothing. He was just fighting to stay against his will.
Speaker 7: The scientists are like, why and the sweet hell would a coyote swim two miles?
Speaker 3: And some guys only one has to No, I agree, you're projecting. Can't do for exercise. There's no food source there. It can't be for food. What else could it be? Doctor? Please relax?
Speaker 2: Or somebody just got cutting a ripe.
Speaker 7: He's the horniest animal alive, the clumsiest coyote of all time.
Speaker 5: Just falls down an embankment and gets swept all the way to Alcatra.
Speaker 3: And now he's national news. So there you go.
Speaker 2: That's the news, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Paul. When we come back, we're going to talk about sports. Yeah, and Papa's here. This is the Power Trip Morning Show with Ben on the fan.
Speaker 5: Jeff something here.
Speaker 2: We are ladies and gentlemen. It's the Powers of Morning Show and it's a lovely Monday morning, and the Twin Cities and beyond. We've got Viki's News to talk about lots of wolves. That's a while, but Papa's here. There's a big event tonight with our friend Mark.
Speaker 7: Parrishe bear on Friday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, he was locked in to on antional. His head was clear, he his mine was right and he dominated.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to I would have dominated. I was having a good morning, but he just killed me.
Speaker 3: Yeah. He was very good.
Speaker 2: He was very good. Yeah, and he's got an event tonight. Am I right about that?
Speaker 3: Saucy sauce? Yeah, with uh you need to do?
Speaker 5: I move over by Lieber Peter Peter, my uncle Peter, Pete Sauce. Pete Sauce is here. Yeah, Papa's here. Yeah. A Loose Line brewery for Mark Parrish, our good pal.
Speaker 3: Can I talk of this? Yeah? This works? Okay?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we are having a great event tonight from five to seven at Loose Lime Brewing. We are we have a beer called It's Okay and Not have to be Okay. And it's for Mental Health Awareness Month. And the Parish Foundation is a recipient of some of our proceeds from the beerh dollar for every four pack that's sold at a dollar tonight, for every pore that's made.
Speaker 3: So let's do it.
Speaker 6: Come out and support them, support the family. It's a great cause. It's a And then we're following up with the Wild Game right after.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, perfect night. It's great. And that's a great spot that you guys have that too. Man, right on the running path there on the biking path right.
Speaker 6: There, we had we had a I couldn't count all the bikes we had this weekend up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can imagine.
Speaker 7: And now Sauce has no excuse because now he moved to Plumbouth at all.
Speaker 3: We'll be there. Yeah he was there.
Speaker 2: Yeah last year we were all there together.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, Yeah, it's good to be a fun night. Are you going? I mean, I'm really, really, really busy today watching poker. No, I mean the series starts in like three weeks. I got to do prep. You know. I don't watch the About your House now too.
Speaker 7: It's extremely Yeah, it's extreme, and they have an initial game live on Tuesdays.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tomorrow, we finally got on the leaderboard. I like that. Oh I got to see it, got to the top, see it, you know, is that right.
Speaker 2: Eventually we're going to have a concert there in that in that in that parking lot as well.
Speaker 3: That would be great.
Speaker 2: We have to make that happen. Yep, I like that. We're doing all kinds of things over loose line.
Speaker 7: That's five to seven to night, right, and Parish is going to be there. Parish and Nikki you're gonna be there. Yeah, you're you have committed to being Yeah, Louis will be there. Hawks daddy will be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well your daddy'd be there. That's Hawks daddy.
Speaker 2: You ought to know that by now.
Speaker 3: Oh that's right, sorry, right right, I can't keep the family line.
Speaker 2: It's so weird when you walked in that one time, and but you know what you dealt with it. Well, thank you. I appreciate that didn't make it weird for him.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. Yeah, it'll be fun of that for it.
Speaker 2: It's okay not to be okay and real yes everybody so.
Speaker 6: The second year with them, so it's a great uh second time giving it to the Parish Foundation.
Speaker 3: Sort of thrilled about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, all right, good good. We'll watch the wild game together, listen to it on the fan.
Speaker 6: That would be great. We can turn on the fan right in the state in the tap room.
Speaker 2: I love it. Thank you. Sounds good to me. Let's do it. Get people the address, by the way you have off the top of your head.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's twelve nine oh one sixteenth Avenue North in Plymouth.
Speaker 3: It's kind of under the Big Water Tower and in Plymouth, right right off of shifty spires, right right off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, let's do it shifty five.
Speaker 3: I like that. That's really close. It's very close to your place.
Speaker 6: First summer. It hasn't been closed down fifty five. Oh yeah, give it time.
Speaker 3: They don't have plan, don't have plans for trying to get here. It was like, yeah, just almost need a helicopter. I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's okay, but you made it, and you brought coffee and we appreciate it.
Speaker 3: I got beer out there for everybody.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 5: You do beer and coffee toffee? Yeah, perfect, perferfect.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah good. Can you make tequila for ben?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's do some sports.
Speaker 7: Then you want to watch your your nephew do really really good broadcasting.
Speaker 3: I'd love to see this don't. Yeah, oh, dog's not time for a fan five. Now look at it. You're uncle is watching you work. This is your profession, this is your career, career. He took you to major league when you were like four years old, Yes, he did.
Speaker 2: He's blamed you for that million. Do you want to stand up for yourself?
Speaker 3: And I took him? Yeah he did. I'm not gonna di And my dad said it was okay, even though the F words every other word that if.
Speaker 2: He just wanted to get you out of the house.
Speaker 7: Story right, this is it's a butterfly effect. You're not sitting here today. Unless Peter took you to major league when you were way too young at.
Speaker 2: Seven, Pizzas could have been like, I'm taking him to Kabul and lawyer.
Speaker 3: That's cool, here's some extra money. Yeah it takes. Yeah, you wouldn't have cared. Yeah, all right, here we go. Pressures on.
Speaker 5: The Wolves got a Mother's Day gift with in the second quarter uh Wemby cockback and elbowed nas Read in the face.
Speaker 3: He was ejected. The Wolves cruise to victory. Well they did. They needed.
Speaker 5: They needed thirty six from aunts sixteen or in the fourth quarter to even the series after a one fourteen one nine victory. Game five is tomorrow in San Antonio at seven. You could hear that game on the fan. The Spurs are a nine and a half point favorite.
Speaker 2: Let go.
Speaker 4: I know you guys talked about this in the first probably forty five minutes of the show, but I can't help but think that this is just such a false sense of security that we.
Speaker 3: Have right now.
Speaker 2: I know I feel I'm worried about it.
Speaker 3: I mean, we barely beat them with wemby out.
Speaker 4: The shot selection in the play in the third quarter was atrocious. The fact that we don't have a plan for when it gets double teamed consistently. We we can't inbound the ball. We come out of timeouts with the worst play calls ever. It's like, oh, I guess, I guess we're just gonna ISO this, Like that's you guys just took three minutes to drop an ISO play, Like I don't understand what's going on here. So you know, yes, we won, But I think everybody watched that game, I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't know about you guys. I don't feel better about that game.
Speaker 4: I don't feel better about our situation after watching that game.
Speaker 7: No, the only two things I feel good about or better about is, like I mentioned to start the show when you when we knew that van Ant was out for quote weeks and then they started to say, like optimistically maybe game three or game four of this series. The fact that he's back and has played all four games, and I thought looked his best last night, even though he flat out still admitted he's not one hundred percent. He said in that postgame interview that he would have dunked over that dude if he had.
Speaker 3: Had his legs completely there. So there's that. I think An's getting better by the game, so that's good.
Speaker 7: But also that was outside of his three point shooting that was kind of vintage NAS read last night. He's not been great, I don't think in the postseason, but I thought he was kind of a do it all last night. I thought he had some major clutch shots. We need way more NAS in Game five like that. I love when Rudy doesn't touch the ball unless it's a dunk. YEP did a good job of that last night. We obviously aren't getting enough out of Julius Randall that that's the point right there, right The thing is driving everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's going on with that?
Speaker 5: It turns the ball over too much. Yeah, he puts the ball. I mean obviously the turnovers, but like he'll get deep into like he'll get deep in the lane and then he'll just chuck the ball and it's like, did you have a plan.
Speaker 3: He's not consistent.
Speaker 5: He is used to kind of bully up on Wemby when Wemby's in the game, and when Wemby didn't play that he didn't really have a role.
Speaker 3: It was real odd. Kim P was ripping him last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he should be like, especially in the defensive side, he's like he might want to you know, Julius random might want to cover that guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they go.
Speaker 4: Well, I also don't understand the first game, Game one that we won, and it was like, whoa, this is a great, great looking team that we haven't seen yet.
Speaker 3: How much ball movement there was.
Speaker 4: We move the ball all around on our offensive zone. And then and then the more it's like then, the more playing time that Ant gets, it's more ISO ball for the whole team.
Speaker 3: It's either he gets trapped.
Speaker 4: We have no answers for the for the trap or the double team he gets the ball out and then somebody decides like, oh, I guess the only play here is just to drive the drive the lane. And then there's three guys standing there and we put we put up a terrible shot.
Speaker 2: Did you hear I played this earlier Ben and talking about how it was actually harder to play against them without Weimby.
Speaker 8: I think it was kind of harder just because man, of course they're a really great team with him on the floor, but they play a lot slower when he's on the floor, because you know, everything is evolved around him. When he's not on the floor, everybody's played. It's just like you know, when every team is missing their best player, everybody plays free, they get more shot, it's more confident.
Speaker 3: So I think it was a lot hard honestly.
Speaker 5: Was it the same for us when an It was the same thing for us, right, because we had to actually play as a.
Speaker 4: Team and not just like let Aunt just get in his zone and think that he can make every shot and and dribble around the whole team and try to get the ball off like I mean, Wemby or not. Our transition sucks defensively. We go down and score and then there's a fast break opportunity, like what are you guys doing? Get get back and play defense? What wemby or not? It's like and then I don't understand, like I'm sure Chris Finch is yelling the same things, but like nothing changes for the course of the game.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: So many answers question I.
Speaker 4: Think it's I think it's it's it's frustrating to watch, and I know that we should be happy we won, but I didn't have a lot of confidence in our team after that game.
Speaker 2: For my memory is terrible. I'm sorry to interrupt you, Saucy. No, did we won the first game of the series, right, yeah?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: So, I mean and we played well and we moved the ball around and it was like, wow, this is really efficient, Like this is this is what a team, this is what team basketball looks like. And then the more minutes the Ant gets, it's just the Ant show.
Speaker 2: At this point. Would you who would you put your money on if you had to bet that the one of them wins their series that we're currently in the Wild or the Wolves the Wild.
Speaker 5: M Well, if the Wild loose tonight, it's over. Yeah. Yeah, I don't know. It's been. It's tough because you put Wemby Wemby, you'll play game five. They're nine and a half point favorites back home. I mean, it's base What is it a three game series?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 3: At this point?
Speaker 5: Are you gonna bet that the Wolves can win two out of the next three when two of them would be in San Antonio?
Speaker 3: That's a good question, Hoggs, very good spot.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm a big sports guy. Now, Yeah, I've turned the corner.
Speaker 3: I don't know, what do you guys think?
Speaker 7: Corlis, I don't feel great about either, trying to trying to determine which one I feel better about. I don't know. It's really close. If they were both to two, I'd take the Wild just because of the variant.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the Wild showed on Saturday. They their season was on the lines right when it started. They ran them over like it would That was so fun to watch. I'd probably I'd probably have to take the Wolves. That's Corey's favorite team. It did, sure, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't have a I don't have a hot take. I wish I did.
Speaker 7: I think they're both in trou I mean they're both still dogs, right, They're both still underdogs. Yeah, so I don't know. I don't feel great about either one of them, but I think.
Speaker 3: Either one of them could do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so too.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean to be great if they both pulled it off.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're the last city with both of our teams and bills noney, Rosie knew that.
Speaker 3: Zach, dude, I love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go optimism.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why not us?
Speaker 2: Why not now? If not win now or something like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Zach Dela Roka, while they're gonna win the night, we're gonna eat it up and then we're gonna have this conversation tomorrow when they're both too too.
Speaker 5: Every other night being uh, playoff games for Minnesota teams is pretty fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of sweet, and I don't really like sports and fun.
Speaker 5: And seven o'clock starts also kind of ideal. Yeah, ideal.
Speaker 3: Nice if it was eleven thirty in the morning instead.
Speaker 5: It'd be nice if it started at nine am when we got it'd be great. Yeah, that'd be awesome.
Speaker 7: All right, Vikings News In a second, this is the Power Trip morning show on the fan most line tonight.
Speaker 2: Everybody will see there.
Speaker 3: From the.
Speaker 2: It's time for Vikings News on The Power Trip presented by a Scart pro store. Thank you, radco right into Vikings News we go here on the Power Trip Morning Show. As libras over there. Hey Ben Man, Hey Ben, he's talking. I'm sorry, yeh ye yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Sorry. I went right into Vikings News. Oh yeah, do we have it as we're talking?
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 2: I have something for you, do you? I do have a question for you. Why do you think suddenly it is being floated to everybody that it is a true competition at quarterback for the minute sort of Vikings. Why do you think that that is something that is suddenly becomes a news story?
Speaker 3: Okay, well why is it a new story?
Speaker 2: I do you think it's done purposefully? I guess is my guess.
Speaker 3: No, I don't, Okay, all right, got it. I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I just think that people are, you know, they're looking for things to talk about with the Vikings and all they've the whole the whole time, that's signed Kyler Murray.
Speaker 3: That's all they've ever talked about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So, like it's not it's not news to anybody, any one of us, that that's the verbiage and the phrasing that they're using now, whether or not you believe it, I think that's another thing. But I think the messaging the whole time has been like this is, we're not annoying, We're not annoying Kyler Murray, like we're bringing him in for a competition, like we know that now. There have been little little things here and there where I think KOs said something like, you know, it might be good for for JJ to like just I think you said take a seat or something like that, or or sit back this year or something like that kind of paraphrasing and sort of what the vibe that he was given out. But so it does seem like it's Kyler's job to lose.
Speaker 3: But I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think that as much as they can, they'll try to make it a true quarterback competition. And you know, you look at what Brian O'Neil has said on a recent podcast with somebody else, like he was just talking about how much the team loves JJ, and you know, I think that they really rally behind his personality and who he is. And so I don't know it's going to be interesting. I mean, he seems like the locker room favorite, and we don't really know how much Kyler has ingratiated himself to the team yet and how much they're rallying behind him, because that's you know guy, it's a big factor. And yeah, the new guy's got to come in and you've got to kind of sway the team. I think it's it's a very interesting dynamic, just the whole thing, because JJ really has a pretty good grip on the personalities in the way that locker room operates. And if they all know that it's Kyler's team.
Speaker 3: How do they.
Speaker 4: Where do they kind of put their quote unquote alliances, you know, And ultimately, obviously they are all professionals and come Sundays, they're just gonna rally behind who's ever calling the plays in the huddle. But it's it is definitely an interesting situation.
Speaker 2: Well, I only brought up because I'm dot com tom our guy actually was talking to Rich Eisen about it and said that he says, his exact verbiage was, they envisioned us being a true competition, he says, and both those guys going into the building believe they're going to win the job. I don't know how friendly frankly, that quarterback room is going to be.
Speaker 7: We'll never know, Ben what was said to Kyler Murray when he visited the Vikes, because again, they're they're getting a sweet deal O paying him almost nothing, zero almost zero risk on the Viking side. So Kyler could have offered that free roll to any team that needed to starting quarterback in the NFL. He picked us because they must have said something in terms of what they believed was possible for him here, maybe sort of guaranteeing him the job. But I don't think he comes here unless he thinks it's overwhelmingly likely he's starting Week one. So maybe if you frame it that there's a true competition, that's more to motivate JJ, I think than Kyler. I think Kyler not probably outside of injury, he's starting.
Speaker 3: Well, Kyler and his agent are not. They're not blind.
Speaker 4: You know, they saw what happened with JJ last year, and they know obviously that the Vikings are looking for other services to bolster that room and to bring in a true competition. So it could very well be a Daniel Jones situation where he walked into the Colts and they're like, hey, we can't guarantee anything, but we'll give you a one year rental deal. And all you gotta do is get into a competition with with Richardson, and it's up to you whether or not you could you think that you can beat out Anthony Richardson now, And then Daniel Jones like, yeah, yeah, I see the writing on the wall here.
Speaker 3: I know that I can beat.
Speaker 4: This guy out, maybe just in situationally and also in just in personal confidence. And so maybe he has walked in and maybe it's the same thing here. It's like, well, it's the true truth competition. You got to beat this guy out. And he might be like, yeah, look what I have done in Arizona. Hello, Hello, Like I know I can beat this guy out. So yeah, give me a give me a one year rental in this system that has produced some high caliber players with a lot of yards, and I'll get a fat new contract after one year, whether it's with you guys or somebody else.
Speaker 3: So and J J.
Speaker 2: Young and he's got a future and maybe this is a year where he gets a lot better and at some point he is a starting quarterback, even if it's not this year. You don't want to destroy his confidence right now. Let me can I ask another question please?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I was listening to the start to Being the Guestling podcast, right, those three were breaking things down there. We're talking about our newest wide receiver, wide receiver three, Juwan Jennings. Yeah, and talk to me about this because I found it interesting. And I don't know much about anything, but I do know that this is interesting. Part of the reason they were excited to bring him in is not only because they got a great deal on him, much like they did Kyler Murray Corey Ishrew just saying they got a great deal on Juwan Jennings, but also wide receive three on this team is not like other teams. On this team, you've got to know how to play all three positions, and that leads to needing a veteran there and not a ty Felton kind of player.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, I think that's correct. Yeah, I mean the re receivers have talked about that ad nauseam. You know, in this system, it's not there's not just an X and a Z and a W or whatever you want to call it. As a slot guy, I mean, you have to know every single position. If you watch Justin Jefferson, He's playing all over the field. I mean he's doing stuff in the backfield, He's doing all sorts of different motions. He's on the left side where he's he's on the ball, he's on the right side where he's with the tied end, he's off the ball. I mean, he's he's doing everything, which is I think is a little unique for a lot of offenses. So yeah, and we also understand, you know what's been going on with Jordan Addison, and you know, there's your hedging your bets that you know, if if he falls and somehow falls and gets into trouble again somewhere down the road, that you've got a competent number two receiver that can step right in and not and not cross your fingers that like, oh to have this young guy step up. So Jennings brings a lot of experience. He brings a tenacity and an attitude to the not only the receiver room, but also to the offense that I think people are really going to appreciate, just like the toughness that he displays. And then he also has position versatility. So it seems like a great deal all around.
Speaker 7: What do you think the fan reaction is going to be If JJ starts week one.
Speaker 3: I hope and by the way, not because of injury.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if it truly, if everything we just discussed is real and JJ is the starter and Kyler is healthy and number two, what's the fan reaction.
Speaker 4: Well, I hope optimism and excitement, because you have to believe that right now, the way it stands, that there is a true quarterback battle. And if you're saying, oh my gosh, the coaching staff thinks that this guy gives us a better chance to win than Kyler Murray, then let's go. I mean, I don't know I would get excited about that, And and I like the opportunity that if things don't go well and he gets five or six games where he doesn't play well, well, then we got a really exciting backup as well. So then maybe he comes in and brings a spark to this offense. So I don't think that you really can go wrong in either direction. I think there's gonna be some shock in awe with it, of like I can't believe this, And I'm sure people are going to think there's some politics behind it, but I really think that they're looking for I think it is all business.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 4: I do not think that they're they're trying to play kate to anybody. I don't think that there's going to be any politics involved. I think they're just like, no, we want to generate as much competition at every single position, and quarterback is no exception.
Speaker 5: So may the best man win. They need to win a playoff game. They need to get this too much right in on the season. Correct, there's too much right on the season. There's too much talent on this team. This is not a this is not like a rebuilding year per se. We're like, oh, we're just gonna get cute and let's win a few games and be competitive. No, like, there's no reason why we can't compete to win this division, none at all. Correct, Right, And so I don't think there's anything messing around with Well, let's let's just like, you know, win a few games and put ourselves in a good position for really talented twenty twenty seven draft class, and maybe we have some more money to spend, and then maybe maybe we have you know what, we should have a real GM at that point in time. No, this is not just a wasted year. This is a year where let's go for it. Let's let's go, let's done.
Speaker 3: They got to win, they have to win.
Speaker 2: Here's something also I found interesting about that podcast as they were talking about rookie Mini caamp was only one day this year, and they insinuated I'm putting words in their mouth. But basically what they were saying is that the coaches have intimated they're going to pay close attention to soft tissue injuries and making sure they don't wear out their players this year because and I guess the you know, the inference is that we have been very beat up, especially last year, across the board at almost every position. You've got to stay healthy to win in this league. What do you think of that?
Speaker 3: I will disagree with that.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, thank you. You know.
Speaker 4: I think that when it comes to soft tissue injuries, that conditioning matters, and football conditioning matters, and I think that we're seeing more soft tissue injuries because of the lack of football that we do in the offseason.
Speaker 3: Oh really, And.
Speaker 4: I think I think going further away from that is not necessarily the That's not the logic that I would I would use. And I'm not saying that you have to beat these guys in the ground. But I think that you have to. I think that you have to test these guys. You have to harden your system. And the only way to harden your system is to go out there and just get high, high velocity reps. Not just doing walkthroughs, not doing you can do the mentals, do the mental part of the game, but the mental part of the game has to be done full speed anyway when it comes to game time. So do all of that as full speed as you can in this time of year. So I think that the whole league is going towards this this model, and I think I disagree. I mean, we had significantly I feel like in my playing days, and again I know this is old man on the porch, but I feel like in my playing days we had we had less soft tissue injuries going into training camp than they have now. And we were checking into camp mid March December. Yeah, you know, it felt like that. But it's mid March and we're out there doing quote unquote Phase one where we were running conditioning, doing football specific drills like we were we were dropping back in the coverage, we were dropping on forty fives, we were doing all that stuff. In March and April, and so when it came time to do OTA's and Mini camp, like, it wasn't a new It wasn't a new movement.
Speaker 3: For our bodies.
Speaker 4: Certainly at that capacity and with an exploding in and out of breaks. You have been doing it, so your body is kind of adjusted and used to It.
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter if you're hitting though and wearing pads. I mean, can it be football movements without pads and without hitting?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well they don't. They never did that. I mean we never even even when I played, we didn't have pads on. We had helmets on and softy spider pads on, but we didn't have shoulder pads on. So the physical part wasn't it. It was just how full speed we were going. And in the conditioning part of it, it wasn't just like, hey, we're gonna go run some hills or we're gonna go do some sprints today. Part of our condition was we're doing football specific drills, but we're doing it at full speed. So we had linebacker specific drills. The receivers had receivers specific drills, like they were running the route tree as part of a conditioning drill, but they're doing it full speed with the strength and conditioning staff, and so it wasn't just like, hey, we're gonna go out there and run a bunch of forties. To you, there was part of that too, But you got to you gotta put your your body in football movements and you got to do it over and over and over again. So when these guys get into mini camp coming up in OTAs and they're they're exploding out of a forty five break to change direction for the first time in a long time, Well, yeah, that's when you get a hamstring pop.
Speaker 3: That's when you get a calf strain.
Speaker 4: That's when you roll your ankle a little bit like, that's when soft tissue is just happened.
Speaker 3: Rosie, Come on, that's not funny.
Speaker 2: You did say something with Pa the other day too. That kind of struck me as how much more people know about their health and about eating and about carving up and all that stuff these days, and how much better it would have been for you. Yeah, so by that logic, day should be healthier, right.
Speaker 5: Well, the recovery aspect is so much better. Yeah, so much better.
Speaker 4: I mean, top to bottom, the nutrition and the wellness part of sports and just part of I mean all of us, I mean just human beings is better than it was twenty years ago.
Speaker 3: So I know that, honey.
Speaker 4: See so I think that I actually think this is the time where you can press on these guys even more because the ability for these guys to recover from the end of practice into the next day is ten times greater than what it was when I was playing. I mean you've seen it, Hawk, I mean they have they have that whole room with those normal tech boots and those and those lazy bore recliners. It's like a dark room where you just like get to go and you know, flush your legs out for thirty minutes and take a nap. I mean that was enough that things, you know, like they've got cold tubs and hot tubs and modalities and all the nutrition and all the things that they could be taking. Like these guys can get their bodies ready and in twelve hours.
Speaker 2: Winter Park, Man, seems like it seems like the dark ages, doesn't it.
Speaker 4: I mean, the training room at winter Park was it seems like no bigger than the studio.
Speaker 3: Both of these studios.
Speaker 2: I felt like every time I walked through there, and of course the reporters we had to walk through the shower area to get where you're going, and like you were going to slip and bust your head on the floor. It's just like, I can't believe that was an NFL caliber.
Speaker 5: Lots I kept a lot of people felt like that, right, I know, I know that was an upgrade with definitely.
Speaker 2: Was cold tubs right there. Just you'd walk by and there be Randy mossitting in the cold tub right there.
Speaker 3: That's going on and the hot tub never works, right. It's like Major always took you to see that movie when you were like seven, Yes, seven, I haven't let him forget it. Didn't they wasn't the bit that they didn't have.
Speaker 5: A C in that building at like the end of Red's he was in like the eightiesis sorry, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't remember actually.
Speaker 2: In the big room, like the big practice barn. I don't think there was.
Speaker 3: The endoor, but I don't think they no, I don't think no, there was no a C in there. We just opened the doors. I agree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't actually remember AC being in the building at all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what Pete always says, that there was no not this Pete Pete Persage I love.
Speaker 4: And it never affected us because we were underground, like all the all the players stuff was all under ground, like we were in the basement of that building the whole time, but.
Speaker 3: They never went upstairs.
Speaker 7: Do you think in the Saved by the Bell universe at a c Slater went on to play like pro football or at least legion football, Like, how good was he?
Speaker 3: Do you think?
Speaker 2: I think he had a terrible accident as a college freshman with drinking.
Speaker 3: With Twinkie. That drinking with Twinkie Tinky character called that doesn't hold up. Well.
Speaker 5: I still don't know what what are you referring to in the show? What accident?
Speaker 3: Do you have?
Speaker 2: No Chris making it.
Speaker 7: Up, predicting that Slater got into drinking, and maybe there was the drunk driving episode is Saved by the Bell where they crashed what was at Least's car, LIS's you know, every.
Speaker 2: Other person in on the planet. Apparently I didn't see every episode of that show.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you were in the wrong generation, buddy, But then if you go back and look at it, any episode that showed Slater highlights, the turf was always different in every highlight because it wasn't actually.
Speaker 7: Mario, but I'm just saying he was a dominant wrestler and a dominant football player. Yeah, I gotta think he got D one scholarship kind of level stuff, right, I would think, so, Yeah, he.
Speaker 3: Must have gone D one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, played for some California exactly, some California school.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this care.
Speaker 5: Do you know what the school was called that they went to in the college episodes? No, because I don't. I'm just asking.
Speaker 3: No. No, I don't need there, don't remember. This computer doesn't have the Internet, or i'd look it up.
Speaker 7: That's a good point. Did he play football in the college?
Speaker 3: I think he did. Yeah, he must have.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so did we just accidentally answer my own question? You might so he played D one football at a fictional university.
Speaker 3: Was that a fictional university?
Speaker 7: Has to be I love that he has to look it up on his phone because our computers are so bad.
Speaker 5: Hey, this one doesn't have the internet, says It's May fourth, six fifty eight am.
Speaker 3: He Sais did not.
Speaker 2: Play college football on the belt of college years. Instead, he was recruited and competed on the wrestling team. While he was a high school football wrestling star base side his athletic journey. During the primetime it's been all focused exclusively on the wrestling mats California University, California, and he was a quarterback for the Bayside Tigers. He played baseball alongside Zach Morrison select episodes. I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: I don't know at all that Ai. Yes, that might be wrong. I have no memory of them playing baseball.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I for one think AI is right about everything. Core the New Overlord is perfect. He shows me some weird pictures.
Speaker 7: You need help, You're right and five in a second headlines later more with Ben Leeber This is the Power to morning show on the Fan.
Speaker 3: From the one eight hundred. Ask Gary