Speaker 1: It's Mojo in the Morning show. Good to have you guys.
Speaker 2: Hear our phone numbers eight four four Mojo Live eight four four sixty six five six five four eight.
Speaker 1: You said Smith is starting school today.
Speaker 3: Smith is starting second grade today.
Speaker 2: It's probably good that he's going back to school. He's got a lot of energy in that, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: I tell you something.
Speaker 4: On Saturday night, my entire family went out to celebrate my sister Jacqueline's birthday. And just so I can paint the picture to you and maybe you've been to this place. There's a newer restaurant here in Michigan in Birmingham specifically called Tara. Great place by the way, absolutely phenomenal food. Love it, so a huge shout out to them.
Speaker 1: What kind of food is it?
Speaker 5: So they kind of have a.
Speaker 3: Little bit of everything.
Speaker 4: I mean you can get like pasta, you can get steak, you can get like crispy rice, you can get like a little bit of everything. And everything I've had there is very very good. So it's one of those places that is very viby. So it's got the restaurant with a lot of tables and booths and stuff, and then they have the front of the restaurant has those I don't know if it's windows or doors that open all the way, so it kind of feels like you're outside. If you're sitting toward the front of the restaurant, then there's a sidewalk, and then they have a patio with lots of tables on the patio, so just you can kind of like envision the setup of this place. So my family we all sat toward the front of the restaurant, and at one point, after the kids, Lucy and Smith and my niece Stella had gotten done with their food, Lucy had said, Hey, we're gonna go outside. I'm gonna We're gonna walk up and down the sidewalk, which is totally fine, like we could still see them, although my back was to the front of the place, so whatever, she's eleven years old. I totally trust her with the two kids. Well, wrong, totally fine until I could kind of see everybody in the restaurant looking outside and up and my sister, who was sitting facing the outside, goes, I think that you should maybe look at your son as it's like the the slow turn in my chair to see Smith was in a tree hanging like.
Speaker 1: A sloth over all.
Speaker 3: Of the people.
Speaker 4: Reading on the tables on the patio.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh my god. I was so embarrassed. The kid had climbed the tree and was just hanging.
Speaker 4: There, and he was a kind of high to you guys, and you could hear all the people in the restaurant like.
Speaker 1: Tree.
Speaker 4: I got up so fast and ran outside to get him down.
Speaker 2: Was embarrassing to yell get down from there, like did you I didn't even have to yell.
Speaker 4: I got to the bottom of the tree and looked up and he saw my face and it was like.
Speaker 3: Every parent knows, like you talked to your teeth.
Speaker 4: You don't even have to really say anything, and that was me, and he very quickly got it down.
Speaker 1: If it's not your child, like I would have loved it, That's what I'm saying you. If you're the table right next.
Speaker 2: Everybody, everybody loves the screaming baby, unless you're sitting next to the screaming baby on the airplane.
Speaker 3: Who is horrible?
Speaker 2: Horrible mother does this child to feed him? This kid up in that tree, and I think into.
Speaker 4: Themselves so high, keV, you couldn't just reach up throw food up?
Speaker 2: Did he have to like when he got up in the tree, did he have to uh like maneuver by like the chairs and the tables and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Honestly, don't know it, like it. I just wanted to get him down so quickly.
Speaker 1: Is he climbing things? Is that like the he.
Speaker 4: Will climb lamp posts, he will climb trees. We were at the the Michigan State tailgate on Friday and he had climbed a tree.
Speaker 1: So hot climb.
Speaker 4: He's that kid, which I love, just not when it, you know, ruining up somebody else's dinner experience.
Speaker 1: All right, So there's a couple of ways I can go on this one.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 2: I can go you can obviously go with the kids that are climbers, or we can go with the parent that's not watching their kid in a restaurant what their kid was doing, like you know, call call out the kid, like you know, call out whatever the kid is. If you're somebody at a restaurant and there's the kid running around or pounding on the booth.
Speaker 1: Was he one of those kids growing up?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: No, honestly, no, he was usually pretty good. It's just now, at eight years old, he's.
Speaker 1: Got a If you go to dinner and you have children, sit them in between the adults. Do not put them on the edge. They have access. They get up and run around.
Speaker 3: Well, I thought Lucy would.
Speaker 4: Lucy is so good and I even said I was like, lou you're supposed to be watching him, and she's like, I tried, Like, she came up, She gave up. She had my niece who's five. She was worried about her, not Smith.
Speaker 2: So real quick because I'm thinking back to was I don't know when it was, was a Friday when Smith had had.
Speaker 1: Morning to miss it. Do we have a bird update for us? Do we have a U?
Speaker 4: What's the what's the bird passed away?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: More than I woke up on I'm trying to think what morning it was Saturday or Sunday. And it was very quiet in my house and both kids were not in their beds, so I knew they were in the garage with the bird. And I walked in the garage and both of them were just holding the bird, crying.
Speaker 3: No, no bird.
Speaker 4: The bird survived four more days than I think it would if we would have left it in my yard.
Speaker 1: But it was more than did you get the bird?
Speaker 2: Looked at it all to see if the bird had any kind of diseases at all, Like do we know, like what what the story was with this bird?
Speaker 1: Like was the bird heard that bird? Maybe maybe that.
Speaker 4: I had Premiere pet supply delivered bird seed to my house after the show on Friday.
Speaker 3: I mean, we really try.
Speaker 2: For those that missed that podcast, you got to listen to that because Miss fid Tony called up and was basically like, you gotta kill the bird and Smith was fighting. He was like, you're not going to kill my bird. I was like, man Smith eight years old, he was going up against me.
Speaker 4: He had a burial ceremony for the bird, so he's now buried in our yard.
Speaker 1: But see that makes me sad that the kids have to deal with that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: You guys.
Speaker 4: Lucy was holding the bird and I walked out and she's just crying, crying, and she showed as she like.
Speaker 3: Turns to show me the bird, the bird's head gohes.
Speaker 1: Did y'all make a tombstone? Or it is just like a dirt pole.
Speaker 4: It's just a dirt pile. There were some flowers placed on top. That's about it.
Speaker 2: What a very very sad thing to have to have happened, you know, for the for the kids to have to deal with.
Speaker 1: Loss born.
Speaker 2: April's last April, You're terrible.
Speaker 1: It's you, guys.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying when I stayed in April, You're going to house all the neighborhood kids like filed through.
Speaker 3: Where the bird was buried.
Speaker 2: April's labor. April, You're awful. What's going on April high? Hi?
Speaker 7: So, I mean I could totally relate my I have five kids, so you know one of them was bound to do something. But my oldest is definitely one of those hit the ground type of running kids. But I can tell you right now that if I was as a kid in that tree and my mama saw me, there would have been no look. My ass would have gotten yanked down. Yeah, well probably in front of everybody. Like go grab a switch while you're up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, pick one off the tree, Grandma Angela up, it's Mojoe in the morning.
Speaker 5: Hi, So I did the thing that she cannon gas to her son Smith with the mouth to this lady and her kids at Baccle Bell. Wait, yes, because like so I'm in Taco Bell.
Speaker 7: I'm trying to order my food.
Speaker 5: I got this guy that works there bringing his wife and kids food. But if kids are everywhere there bouncing off the walls, they're doing cartwheels by everybody trying to order.
Speaker 7: Food like you know on that you know the order thing you order yourself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this boy walked, he bumped into me, so I looks right at him and I said, if you don't get over there with your.
Speaker 1: Mom, it's the gretty tea that looks right at her right.
Speaker 2: Why Why is it though, that I love when there are parents that have the I'm gonna beat your ass look on their face.
Speaker 1: I'm like, go get them, mom, necessary, go do it. What's up, Sean? How you doing? Hi? Sean?
Speaker 2: I'm okay, what's going on, buddy?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: I was just go home and let you know. We had an issue like that some time ago where we were in a restaurant. Someone's kid was while we were me and my wife were eating. This kid is sitting or standing on the back of the seat, banging and looking over our shoulder while we're trying to eat. The parents didn't say anything until they until I got up and turned around. And when you're looking at a twenty twenty pound man looking at you and telling you to sit your child down. Everything changed that everything.
Speaker 2: By the way, I love it that kid remembers you now for the rest of his life, Sean, every restaurant, just look around there recorded.
Speaker 1: Wait, hold on, we're recording this call.
Speaker 2: Hold on once I've sean our Amber.
Speaker 1: Hi, Amber, I just talked to Sean. What's going on? Amber?
Speaker 5: Good morning?
Speaker 1: How are you doing great? Amber?
Speaker 2: We're talking about Smith. And this, by the way, is going to be one of Smith's moments that we're gonna remember when the kid gets married.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the time you climb the tree? What's going on?
Speaker 5: I wanted to say that my kids are just feral. They are just feral kids. So I thought I had already experienced everything with my older three. I was wrong. My youngest we were at a restaurant and I literally just turned to turn my head for a quick second. He was in the booth next to me. Everything was fine. Next thing I hear and see is the fire alarm light. That feral booger pulled the fire alarm. I thought that my embarrassment meter had already been next papped out with the other three. Like my daughter used to run around saying, you're not my mom, the like, so now you know, here I am taking him to school and he's just like.
Speaker 1: Look, is it first day of school for the guy?
Speaker 5: Is?
Speaker 1: Or is he going to school?
Speaker 5: No, he's been in school since what the nineteenth?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is wait? Is he in military school? Hopefully?
Speaker 7: Well no, we're in Christian school now