Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach. Incredible and while others make excuses, the only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they printing money. The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 3: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 5: Hi, everybody, and welcome in two of Orongo Casino Dodgers on deck. On this Sunday, July the twelve, twenty twenty six, the final day before the All Star Break, is your Los Angeles Dodgers, first place atop the NL West, playhost to the Arizona Diamondbacks. Dodgers sixty one and thirty five on this season a twelve and a half game lead in the division, despites being only one game over five hundred and coming to LA to take on the Dodgers. The Diamondbacks have come in and beaten up on the Dodgers in the first two games in this series. Today, the Dodgers look to avoid getting swept in the final series before the All Star Break.
Speaker 3: Emmittshan on the mound.
Speaker 5: First pitch from uniclove Field, that Dodger Stadium was coming up at one ten between then and that we got a lot to get to here on Marago Casino Dodgers on deck, We're gonna check in with the Dodger manager Dave Roberts. Get his thoughts on this Dodgers team, what is happening this series as they been outscored eighteen to five by the Snakes. Also his thoughts on the MLB All Star Game, which he'll be managing the National League come up on Tuesday in Philadelphia. That's coming up in twenty minutes. We'll preview this pitching matchup. David Vess joins us. Of course, throughout the hour, he'll be live on the field as he works for Sports net LA. He'll also go one on one with Dodger All Star Justin Robleski.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's coming up in just a little bit.
Speaker 5: We'll hear from Dino Eble, Dodger third base coach and proud father of not one but two sons who have been drafted him back to back years in the first round by the Milwaukee Brewers. We got your Otani on In just a few minutes, we will check in with Tim Nevert and Rick Monday at the Galloping Ford Broadcast booth. Well, last night was supposed to be the stopper Yoshinobu Yamamoto to stop the Dodger skid. Yamamoto would get into a pitcher's duel with Brandon Fott. Both would go toe to toe for the first five innings. One run giving up by Yamamoto in the fourth on the Tim Tawa RBI ground out.
Speaker 3: That was it.
Speaker 5: It was a Diamondbacks one nothing lead until the sixth inning win. A leadoff walk unraveled for Yamamoto, who had a thirty one pitch inning Max Kepler. A sack fly made it two to nothing. Tim Tawa, who has become a Dodger killer RBI double Diamondbacks led three to nothing and they still weren't done.
Speaker 3: Two on for James McCann.
Speaker 6: Barrovsa on deck and there's a fly ball to left field and deep going back is tay Oscar Hernandez and it is gone a three run home run. Yamamoto has a look like what hit me? It's a five run sixth for the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 5: They lead six to nothing, James McCann three run home run. It was a five run six for the Diamondbacks against Yoshinobu Yamamoto. Dodgers in a big hole, down six to nothing bottom of the sixth, they would chip away a little bit against Brandon Fought. Andy Pohe has got it going with an RBI single, his sixty six run batted in of the season. Dodgers on the board, down six to one. Two batters later, Muki.
Speaker 6: One ball once stright, swinging the ground ball in the left field for a base hit rounding third on his way home. As pohead second run of the inning.
Speaker 3: It's now six to two. As Bets deliveries for Mookie. Bets is thirty first STARBI of the year.
Speaker 5: Mookie with the RBI single, that's the top tier playing the game, brought to you by ARCO quality, top tier gas for least. Unfortunately, that's all the Dodgers would get in the inning, down six to two, and it just got worse after that. Landing his first outing of the year back off the injured list, goes three. Indians gets up a run in the seventh and then two more in the eighth on back to back home runs from Nolan Aeronado and James McCann as the Rockies, or they think that as the Diamondbacks had a ninety two league feel like the Rockies who were just in town. Diamondbacks win the game by a final of ninety two. Branded fought since being recalled from Triple A. Reno pitched well, he gets to win. He's now three to one. Yoshanobo Yamamodo gets tagged with the loss. He falls to nine and six. Dodgers have now lost three of their last four. Not to mention, they also had another air last night. They've got seven airs now in the last four games. Dodgers need to get back on track and in a hurry. Emmitt Sheen on the mount in the series finale today, final game before the All Star Break. First pitch coming up in one ten and with more. Let's head out to the galvin Ford broadcast with us on the Sunday afternoon and say hello to Tim Neverert and Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Guys, Tam, thank you very much getting except for the final game before the All Star Break. In the final game of this three game series, the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks, Dodgers come in with Major League baseball's best record at sixty one and thirty five, they're twelve and a half up on the Diamondbacks in the National League West. Meantime, the Diamondbacks just a game above five hundred, forty eight and forty seven twelve and a half back, but three and a half back now in the Wild Card. They have picked up two games in the last two days as they have outscored the Dodgers eighteen to five over the last two ballgames. In the meantime, the Dodgers have not been swept in a series this season, and trying to salvage a game in this three game set get a win before some head to Philadelphia for the All Star festivities and the others scatter for a few days of rest. The starting pitchers this afternoon, Emmt Sheean, right hander, will go for the Dodgers. He's four and six in a four to ninety one ERA. Mitch Bratt will get the start, no decisions and an ERA of three. This will be his major league start. He is replacing Zach Gallon today. Gallen's had some inflammation in his right elbow, and it's likely that Gallon will end up on the injured list before the day is over. In the meantime, always we look at this final game before the All Star break. Dave Roberts said last night after the game, got to find a way to get a win today heading into the break, feel good about yourselves as you get those extra days off.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And the bottom line is that means, quite frankly, you have to play better baseball than what they have played, in particular the last two games. I made three airs in that first game of this series against Arizona, and not only three physical errors, but didn't back up bases, the wrong cutoff man that didn't get runners over and situations like that. Last night made another air that was costly and then did not really deliver with runners in scoring position. In fact, in this series the Dodgers just two for eleven runners in scoring position. And for the last eighteen games they've hit very well as a team, but there has been a big letdown. If you look at the last two games, and they can play much better baseball than what we've seen.
Speaker 2: Well, you look at the lack of production with runners in scoring position, look at the errors. They have allowed nine or more runs and back to back games. They haven't done that since twenty twenty four in July when they lost back to back games to Milwaukee and Philadelphia nine to two and ten to one. How do they turn that around here the next nine.
Speaker 7: Well, I think to Tim is that this is the ball club they've had expectations of the longest home stand of the season to come out better than coming into the final game, whether five and four, just one game above the five hundred mark. That's got to improve. And I know the feeling is, oh, the Dodgers lost the game. How on earth did that happen? And especially if you look at the last two games, well, we've seen how it happened. They had not played well.
Speaker 2: Ely Israel Fonso will get the start behind the plate today, catching Emitt she and Otani of course at the top of the order. And Otani is expected to have his left knee drained after the game today before he gets some rest, and then we'll get ready to start the second half of the season.
Speaker 7: You know, and for guys that have the build up of fluid that can really relieve a lot of discomfort, and hopefully that's going to be the kid the case, he's not going to be on a plane and go to Philadelphia. They don't want him at outitude for a number of days until the team has to fly to New York open up the second half of the season. That'll be against the Yankees, then under Philadelphia, and they're back to New York to face the Mets.
Speaker 3: So there's some traveling also.
Speaker 7: But getting that knee where it's healthy and it's not going to be an issue is really at the top of the list.
Speaker 3: Obviously, he still.
Speaker 2: Has three home runs over his last five games with a bad knee or not. So Otani will lead off again today for the Dodgers. Dodgers and Diamondbacks. Emmett Chean against Mitch Bratt. That's the pitching matchup. Lineup's first pitch coming up Temple.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you, Tim, as we counting down the first pitch on this Sunday Dodger fans, this lunchtime, what you're doing, I'll get your game day meal on. It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor. You go to your Shaky's Pizza checking and Mojo's right now at shakys dot com.
Speaker 3: Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 5: You're gonna hear from the manager Dave Robert is he gets ready to go to Philadelphia for the All Star Game. To manage the National League Well, check in with David Bassey live from the field the Uniclo Field.
Speaker 3: At Dodgers Stadium will break down this pitching matchup.
Speaker 5: DV goes one on one with Dodger All Star Justin Robleski. We got your Toni Andreen Ryan and so much more coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at one ten. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim kass Is a back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks on this Sunday afternoon. Emman she and rookie Mitch Bratt. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at one ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewide.
Speaker 6: Otani twenty one home runs, He's knocked in fifty seven, the one two.
Speaker 3: Winds up base hit at the center for.
Speaker 6: So the first base runner for the Dodgers tonight, You're in the bottom half of the four shoe.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 5: Otani goes one for three Last nights one of the Dodgers six hits. Unfortunately, they couldn't muster much offense as they get beat by the Arizona Diamondbacks nine to two.
Speaker 3: Yes, shud have a big day for Dino Ebel.
Speaker 5: His son was drafted by the Milwaukee Brewers back to back years. Then an Ebel's son gets drafted in the first round. Brady and Trey, congratulations to their family. Dino Ebel heading back to the All Star festivities as an assistant coach with Dave Roberts on the National League team. He's also gonna be pitching batting practice in the home run derby to Bryce Harper of the Phillies.
Speaker 3: More on that, what David bes.
Speaker 4: Say, Hey, we're here with the magic arm. He's in demand for the home run derby. Bryce Harper reached out to him, he accepted, and that's the one and only Dino Ebles. So how did all this come together?
Speaker 3: Dino?
Speaker 8: Well, a few days ago, you know, he you know, I read, just like everybody else read that he was to look for a guy that can throw to him in the batting you know, the home run derby, and his dad wasn't going to do it, So that I think it was that same day that he texted me and said.
Speaker 9: Hey, if I get in the derby, would you be interested?
Speaker 8: And I said, yeah, just as long as I know that none of our guys are doing it, and if they're not, then I'm all in.
Speaker 9: And then he texted me and said, let's win it.
Speaker 8: So yeah, excited that honored always, you know, love pitching in those home run derbys and give a chance, get a chance to win it for him.
Speaker 9: So that's that's our goal.
Speaker 4: How do you know Bryce Harper so well? Does this go back to the World Baseball Classic where he saw the magic of a dino ebol batting practice?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I think so.
Speaker 8: And you know I lived in Vegas at the time when he was in high school. I used to go watch him play in high school. And then there was a place where he used to go hit in the off season and I used to see him in there. So gradually twenty fifteen in Cincinnati, I brought my boys to the home run Derby when Poolhols asked me to throw to him.
Speaker 9: I got a picture with.
Speaker 8: Brady and Trey with Bryce back in twenty fifteen, and then yes, I mean the WBC.
Speaker 9: This year, he hit in Group one every day.
Speaker 8: I was a VP thrower, so I think that had a big part of it, and he liked how I threw.
Speaker 9: So very honored and blessed to be asked.
Speaker 4: It's a little short sighted to only remember you helping ta Oscar Hernandez win in twenty four. This goes back to when you were with the Angels. Didn't you help Vladimir Guerrero junior win?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well yeah, junior senior senior.
Speaker 8: So in two thousand and seven, vlad asked me to throw for him and knew at San Francisco and we won it there, and then ta Oscar we won it in Dallas. I threw to Jock Peterson in Cleveland where little junior Guerrero beat Jock and that three uh we went extra overtime and three three innings or.
Speaker 9: Whatever they called it that year that he beat Jock.
Speaker 8: And then now last year's face off in the National League American League All Star Game, I threw to Schwarber.
Speaker 9: We won it.
Speaker 8: So then Harper asked me this year, So yeah, I'm excited. I can't wait to, you know, looking forward to doing it.
Speaker 4: When will you get some time with Bryce in Philly to maybe just practice.
Speaker 8: It will happen during our normal batting practice, and then once it starts, we go down in the cage and then we have plenty enough time to get to where he wants the ball, and I couldn't try to put it there, so we got enough time and plenty of swings to get used to me when we go out there and perform.
Speaker 4: You're the best third base coach in baseball? How does it feel to have this reputation of being one of the best batting practice throwers.
Speaker 9: We'll always phil when you throw VP.
Speaker 8: And when I started this many years ago as a coach and manager in the minor leagues, at our job is to get really hit hard, so I always took it personally. You know, Guys get into slumpskuys don't feel well, you know, and you wanted them to come out and feel like Babe Ruth.
Speaker 9: And so that's always been a.
Speaker 8: Goal of mine, to throw great VP and find the sweet spot of a bat and so continue on. I do it every day here at Dodger Stadium, and I love doing it all.
Speaker 4: Right, Dodger fans and Philly fans will be reunited or united for the first time cheering on Bryce Harper as he goes for the home run derby, with Dino Ebel throwing to him.
Speaker 10: Thanks a lot for the time, do you know.
Speaker 4: And we'll see you out there in the City of Brotherly Love.
Speaker 9: Yeah, thank you, David.
Speaker 4: There he is Rockets Red Glair. Dino Ebel loves home runs being hit off him.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you DV.
Speaker 5: Good luck to do know Ebel is your heads off to Philadelphia and we'll see if Bryce Harper can win a home run derby contest.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Baseball brought to by Cars for Kids.
Speaker 5: The easiest way to We'll get rid of your old car. Donate today, your car could be picked up tomorrow.
Speaker 3: That easy.
Speaker 5: Donate now at Cars for Kids dot Org. That's cars with a K. Still the come here on. Dodgers on deck, David Veasse, we'll be back with us. He'll go high and tight with Justin Robleski. But I'm next. We'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the National League manager and Dodger manager Dave Roberts. So Dodgers and Diamondbacks one final game before the All Star break. I'm Tim Kats and this the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio.
Speaker 1: Now, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the blue all season lost.
Speaker 5: Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck. Continuuse on this warm, gloomy, feels like East Coast weather out there, a little hot, humid here in southern California on this July the twelfth, as we lead you up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks Morogo Casino Resort and Spa, a grand Slam for good times. Image. She and rookie Mitch brat the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at one ten.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Dodgers injury Report.
Speaker 5: President of by UCLA Healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Edwin Diaz pitched last night and a minor league rehab assignment in Ontario. More on that with David Basse coming up in just a couple of minutes. Blake Snell through two innings of a sim game yesterday, expected to go out on a minor league rehab assignment next weekend. The first of four or five. Tyler Glass now is slowly working his way back. He is throwing and playing catch Kiki Hernandez. Just a matter of time when he's eligible to come off the injured after the All Star break, coming back from that left oblique injury.
Speaker 3: Still no update on Will Smith.
Speaker 5: Maybe Dave Roberts got a little something on the Dodger catcher coming up as we head back out to Dodger Stadium and checking in with the Dodger manager.
Speaker 10: Anything else.
Speaker 9: Questions for Dave, Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts, Dave, there was a record out there.
Speaker 4: That you decided to Christopher Sanchez as the nationally started, you can.
Speaker 11: Confirm that, Wow, we're travels fast. Yeah. Christopher Sanchez, Uh, it is going to start. I think it's he's he deserves it. He's the hometown of you know, ballplayer. I think the city of Philly will enjoy watching support him. And uh, you know, I had a conversation with him this morning, with Donnie and the pitching staff and Christopher. So he is very grateful. And you know, in a time where guys are not wanting to participate and this guy in the Midsummer Classic for the fans, I think that, you know, this is a good thing. That he's very excited about pitching.
Speaker 4: Is that refreshing to have that type of gratitude considering everything that's gone on in the last week.
Speaker 11: It is? It is, you know, and there's there's certain circumstances where you know, guys can't play, they are injured. But this is an honor, and you know, it's not only just an honor to be named it, but also to be able to participate, you know, and want to participate. So Christopher wants to and I'm excited about naming him the starter in the All Star Game.
Speaker 4: DS and after outing yesterday in Ontario that he feels like you only needs two or three more of those, does that put him in play for upcoming road.
Speaker 1: Trip after the All Star break or is that still a little bit further away.
Speaker 11: You know, we'll see. I think that I think that the arm feels good, but there's also a command of getting major league hitters out situation. You know, I'm going to be make up. We're going to make sure that he's ready to go before we put him at the back end of a major league game. You know, I think that's fair too, not only him, but also you know our ball club.
Speaker 5: All right, there's Dave Roberts talking about a bunch of things. More on Edwin Diaz coming up in just a couple of minutes, and we'll be check in with David Vassay live from the field at Dodgers Stadium. As we lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and Diamonbacks, don't forget Justin Robleski coming up at about twenty minutes. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Sunday final game before the All Star Break. Emmitt Gien and rookie Mitch Bratt. The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by al Poto born in La in May. For your game day, El Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, sauces and hot sauces right to your table every single time.
Speaker 3: El Poto Gourmet in a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bassi all right, DV.
Speaker 5: What is the plan exactly with show Aotani today he's leading off in the doesn't hit.
Speaker 12: Enter nia after the first game of this series, that he is going to have his knee drained after this game is over, and then during this All Star break he'll also receive a quarter zone injection in that left knee. So that is the schedule for him. He has a knee draining to look forward to after the final out of today's game. And one thing that he also talked about was the fact that it is his kneecap that he had surgically fused in twenty nineteen. September twenty nineteen, O'tani was born with two bone fragments in his kneecap. Most of us have one fused bone, and Otani to correct that he had that fused into one bone, but obviously it's still there when he pitches to get inflamed and now needs fluid drained from that left knee. So that's where all this stems from. He has no plans to deviate from being the two way player, and the Dodgers are going to map out his starts to have a day off follow it as much as possible. And Mark Pryor and Dave Roberts both have told me that it's a read and react situation, and it has been all season long with Otani and the pitching.
Speaker 5: David is brought to you by the Ford Summer Sales Event. Don't wait hurrying now for the best offers of the year, for the official vehicle of Major League Baseball.
Speaker 3: Edwin Diaz. What's the latest with the Dodger closer? He pitched last night?
Speaker 1: He did?
Speaker 12: He pitched in Ontario. He pitched a scoreless fourth inning. He loved where his fastball was at. He feels like he still has to get a feel for the slider, but he hit ninety eight miles an hour last night in that fourth inning in Ontario, and after the game it seemed like he was pushing to come back sooner rather than later.
Speaker 13: You know, I think if I got my fastball for a stride like I did to that we have a googoog result always. That's why I was vering my football, you know. I feel they don't have any chime with my fastball, so as soon I get the first hot I started.
Speaker 1: Throwing much later.
Speaker 13: I want to keep working on that too, and I feel really good you know, I was throwing both pitches for stride and shape and the chade was great. So I'm really happy. I want to be back as soon as possible to the big league. You know how I threw that book today and I think with me maybe three three more to more and more for more maybe at the most, I feel really good. I just gotta keep, you know, showing them I ready, my han's feeling great, and just let them make the decision to bring me back.
Speaker 12: Thanks for the Tower buzzers for bringing us post comments from Edwin Diaz. When I presented those comments to Dave Roberts earlier today, Tim, he said, it's more about him being ready to face big league pitchers, and as long as that takes, it's going to take. He's not going to force his way back any sooner.
Speaker 5: All right, DV, great STUFFILL check back you with you in just a little bit, Dave. It's gonna go one on one with Jes Robleski National League All Star coming up in just a little bit. When we return here on Dodgers on Deck, You're Dodgers Magical moment, Dodgers and Diamondbacks one final time before the All Star break. I'm Tim Kason's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunter's Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's Dodgers and timing backs on this Sunday afternoon, one final game before the All Star Break.
Speaker 3: Image.
Speaker 5: She and rookie Mitch bratapitching matchup. First pitch set for one ten.
Speaker 1: Who wants hot? It's time for the Hawfing Magical Moment. It's Magical presented by Hawvey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 5: Well, we go back to the twenty twenty two All Star Game. Clayton Kershaw, future Hall of Famer for the Dodgers, makes his first career All Star Game start at where else Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 14: Thirty four years old, in his fifteenth year in the major leagues.
Speaker 10: And he's done everything.
Speaker 14: He's got three sy On Awards, he's got an MVP, he's won a ring. His ninth All Star Game will be his first Star Tania board with the leadoff hit Kershot at judge.
Speaker 10: For a toss up.
Speaker 14: Kershaw erases Otani, Well, like.
Speaker 12: I said, he hadn't got a hit. I don't know if he's walked off of kershawso maybe the.
Speaker 1: The first time he's ever seen that move, and it was a good one.
Speaker 14: Show Hayes over there scene You're not supposed to throw over an All Star game, and how Kershaw comes back home and Judge strikes out, swinging nonflis from Kershaw to God. Here comes Kershaw round bought a short Trey Turner goes the short lane, ends the NYA Scolas first inning for Clayton first Shaw.
Speaker 5: Clayton Kershaw got the start, pitched to scoreless first inning in the twenty twenty two All Star Game at Dodgers Stadium. Crelayton Kershaw an eleven time All Star, most recently in twenty twenty five, retiring after the last season. This Hofey magical moment brought to by Hofey hot Dogs. Hoffey soakows local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hafey hot Dogs local and so great. While we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check you on. Rick Monday leads out to first pitch Dodgers and Diamondbacks. I'm Tim Kates' is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All Season law.
Speaker 5: Kits the Dodgers and Diamondbacks one final time before the All Star Break, Image and rookie Mitch Bratt the Pitching Chumps. Time now for the Verizon startup as we are thirty four minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your so Calvi Verizon store. Today we say hello to Rick Monday and Charlie Steinner.
Speaker 6: Guys. All right, tim, The All Star Break will begin immediately following our game today. Dodgers at sixty one and thirty five, still the best record in baseball, but they have been beaten to a pulp in the first two games of the series by the Arizona Diamondbacks, who've outscored the Dodgers eighteen to five. In fact, the Dodgers have been outscored twenty five to twelve in their last four games between Arizona and Colorado.
Speaker 1: MO.
Speaker 7: What the world gives, Well, they've been giving up a lot of runs, that's about it. They've not played well. There's no ifens and butts about it. They made three airs on Friday night, they made one constantly air last night. They have not been hitting. The pitching has been okay here and there, but this is a ball club, Charlie, that they've been playing like. They didn't realize that the All Star Break has not officially gotten underway yet. It doesn't take place until after the last out in the ninth ending today, so the Dodge is hopefully going to regroup, and for Emma Shean, this is the perfect time to just that forward as well, because the big right hander seventeen started a record of four and six. He has not pitched as well as he is able to do so thus far.
Speaker 6: It's been a roller coaster ride of a season for Shean. And last night, ya'm a moto really an uncharacteristically poor outing, And we were saying, even though three four innings into the games that he's given up two hits, but he doesn't look right, and it turned out he wasn't.
Speaker 7: I agree one hundred percent, And normally he is absolutely perfection when it comes down to the mechanics of throwing the baseball. Well, last night, six innings, he labored one hundred and three pitches. That's unusual to begin with, and especially for a guy that has allowed less than a one thirty average against when he gets ahead. In the counter hitters he walked for yes, one of them was intentional, but was not able to get the big out, in particular in the sixth inning. But on the other side of it, there was not any support at all till the Dodgers finally got on the board with their loan two runs, and that was with two outs and getting things going as they came up with three consecutive hits in order to manufacture those runs.
Speaker 6: Dodgers have not been swept this season. They're the only team in Major League Baseball that hasn't. I want to keep it that way. And so the Dodgers feeling, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know how they feel.
Speaker 6: Obviously, they're in first place. They've had the best record in baseball pretty much all year. They've been in first place over one hundred days. But they are kind of limping toward the finish line, not even the finish line half way point the refreshment break.
Speaker 7: Charlie, how many times have we been saying to the opposing teams and about the opposing teams, if you make an error and make a mistake against the Dodgers, you're probably going to wind up on the losing end of it.
Speaker 3: Well, it's been the.
Speaker 7: Dodgers that have made mistakes, not just the physical ears, they've made mental airs. They've not had a big bay since they haven't been backing up the bases all the time, throwing to the cutoff man. Just little things here and there, but it adds up to a big, big strength. There's no question that this is a ball club like everybody else in Major League Baseball. It's looking forward to a respite, but that respite does not start officially until after the ninth inning. Today. The Dodgers have a ball game to win, and one thing about it, this club has expectations. They do not want to be swept in this series.
Speaker 6: Diamondbacks last swept the Dodgers in twenty twenty three in the National League Division Series. The Snakes have not swept the Dodgers in a regular season series since April of twenty eighteen, and they haven't swept the Dodgers at Dodgers Stadium since twenty seventeen, So the Dodgers looking to write their ship. Dodgers and d Backs wrap up the nominal first half of the season. Lineups in first pitch coming up and Momas see or right after the All Star You got it, buddy?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 5: Dodgers Baseball presented by Uniclo Field the Dodgers Stadium. Visit Uniclo dot com slash you as still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. Before first pitch, we'll get your preview of this pitching matchup. We'll have Tim and Rick into those keys of the game. But up next we go high and tight it with an All Star, Justin Robleski. Boy does he deserve to go to Philadelphia. You'll hear from him next as we lead you up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks. I'm Tim Kates's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Getting you ready for the Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Sunday image, she and rookie Mitch Bratt to the pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: He's got a funky delivery.
Speaker 5: First pitch coming up at one Ted Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at shakys dot com.
Speaker 1: David, and now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This this high and tight.
Speaker 4: We're at the locker at the newest National League All Star that's the one and only Shark Justin Robleski Robo, thanks a lot for the time, and congratulations on finally getting a long dessert call to go to Philadelphia.
Speaker 15: Thank you, thank you. I appreciate it. I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: How did you find out?
Speaker 15: Dot called me Lan nine holes and yeah, just get getting it in normal normal stuff. And uh yeah, he called me and let me know that I was, you know, gonna be on the All Star team. So I'm super exciting. I you know, called my family and called my girlfriend, call everybody and let him know.
Speaker 3: So that was cool.
Speaker 4: So here's the million dollar question. You felt like the door was still open for a chance to get this call, But did you make vacation plans just in case?
Speaker 15: No, Now, my plans were either here, stay in LA or be at the All Star Game. And I was hopefully leaning more towards All Star Game. So yeah, it's cool. I'm happy. I'm you know, now I got to book all these flights and figure all this stuff out. So I'm excited. I got got a busy day ahead of me, but I'm excited.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Justin Robleski started his Saturday by throwing a bullpen. You're already done with the first half for the Dodgers. Did you throw that bullpen because you got the nod to pitch on Tuesday.
Speaker 15: I'm gonna I'm gonna pitch on Tuesday. I believe that's that's the plan. So I'm excited and uh yeah, yeah, I through that bullpen. You know, just normal, normal bullpen day for me. But you know, if I don't pitch on Tuesday, whatever. But I think I think I am. I'm not really I'm not having I haven't dove into the weeds on all that stuff yet, but Doc told me.
Speaker 10: I think that I am going to pitch in the game. But I have no idea. I'm just excited to be there. Yeah, I'm just curious.
Speaker 4: On Saturday when you threw that bullpen, did you throw it because you're going to the All Star Game or would you have thrown it otherwise?
Speaker 15: I was gonna throw it either way, you know, keep my body in shape, stay sharp. I had a few things I wanted to work on, so just normal, normal business usual stuff.
Speaker 4: What do you believe has been the key to you being so successful this for staff?
Speaker 15: You know, I think it's a lot of things. I think it's some of its experience. Some of it's you know, just understanding my strengths and kind of continuing to harp on those and try to use those as good as I can. But you know, I've got, like I said, a great group of supporting people around here and my family and and everybody. So yeah, it's I think it's just a culmination of a lot of different things. But yeah, it's just it's been been crazy and it's been a good year so far. So hopefully, hopefully you can keep keep getting better and uh yeah take it to the second half.
Speaker 4: The All Star Game is not the end for Justin Robleski or the Dodgers. But who do you believe has helped you get to this level of your career?
Speaker 10: Wow, that's a that's a tough question.
Speaker 15: There's a lot of people, you know, a lot of people from you know, colleges I went to from you know, high school, coaches from my family obviously, that's those those are the biggest, biggest contributors to why I'm here is them and everything they've done for me, you know, Mom, Dad, grandparents, just kind of everybody, sister, everybody's just been been there for me this whole time and continuing to to, I don't know, stay with me on this this crazy journey I've had that I guess most people would not give up, but I think just you know, maybe be a little disheartened. And I've always just felt like, you know, they've always but whether it was delusion or not, they've always kind of fed into, you know, my belief in myself and my ability to kind of just honestly, number one, just get to the major leagues. And then obviously this is just kind of all, you know, icing on the cake right now. But obviously the goal is to have a have a long career and hopefully getting a couple more of these things. But I'd say a lot of it's my family, a lot of it's the coaches that are in this organization and top to bottom, just everybody just has been such great helps with me getting up here. And like I said, I can't thank the Dodgers organization enough just for you know, giving me the chance, and you know, because being an eleventh thrown guye not not those guys don't always get get a chance. So it's been super cool and I owe a lot to this organization.
Speaker 4: All Star Justin Robleski as our guest, You'll be in Philadelphia with so many other really good players, great pitchers. How much are you looking forward to being in the same room with those guys, being in the bullpen with those guys. How much do you think that's going to lend itself to you growing even more?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 15: I'm excited to kind of to meet all those guys and you know, whether it's talk baseball, whether it's just shoot the normal normal talking stuff, you know, just just generally kind of being around guys that are that are you know, at that stage in the game is super cool.
Speaker 10: And I'm not gonna take it for grant.
Speaker 15: I'm trying to, you know, soak in as much as I can when I'm there and uh yeah, hopefully hopefully keep in touch with a lot of these guys. But yeah, it's super exciting something I'm obviously you know, I've always dreamed of and wanted to do is be an All Star, and you know, to get the chance to do it is super super cool.
Speaker 4: Is it even cooler to do it with your teammates? Not just one or two, but now you guys got Freddie Muncy, Pahez Yamamoto and now Justin Robleski on that playing the Philly.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we got a good gri We got a good group heading over there.
Speaker 15: So yeah, like I've told you before, just this this clubhouse and being this clubhouses is awesome because you're around players like that and you get to learn from them every day.
Speaker 10: And you know, I'm I'm super excited that I get to be on that playing with him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and also you'll have a chance to meet Pedro Martinez in Philly, the man that said you're like a shark among these great starting pitchers.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'm gonna have to talk to him about it. And I have to talk to him about it. See where where it's spawned spawned in for him?
Speaker 10: But super cool. Yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 4: Did you catch de to Rule the organist playing Jaws when you were making your last start?
Speaker 10: I did.
Speaker 15: I did after every strikeout. I thought that was cool. He's on it up there, he's on it up there, he's he's the best. I love kind of hearing what he's got gone. He's always on, he's always on point. He always knows what's happening on and off the field. And yeah, he does a really good job.
Speaker 10: So that was cool.
Speaker 4: All right, justin get used to this. You're in demand. Now you're an All Star. Get ready for the car wash that is Media Day in Philadelphia. Congratulations, enjoy all of it. And obviously La is super excited for you.
Speaker 3: Thank you for the time.
Speaker 15: Yeah, thank you, and thank you La. So I'm super excited. And yeah, I can't thank these fans and just this organization enough. So thank you, Thank everybody, and I'm excited.
Speaker 4: Justin Robleski, the All Star that's been our guest. He'll receive a gift card to Capitol, Grill and Burbank. But it works in Philly, this one right on Broad Street. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 5: Tim, All right, thanks a lot of DV. Congratulations to Justin Robleski. What a story bounced around it. A couple of colleges, because of injuries and coaching changes, finally got drafted after an arm issue in the eleventh round. Didn't know if he was going to be able to pitch a professional baseball worked his way up in the minor leagues very quickly. The Dodgers had a lot of confidence that he can get to the big leagues and be a major league pitcher. Was a reliever, an opener, bulkoning guy, and now emerged into this Dodgers' rotation here in twenty twenty six double digit wins. Just a great story from a great young man, Justin Robleski. All right, congratulations to him and all the Dodgers All Stars. So we lead you up to first pitch. Dodgers and Diamondbacks up next. Well, dive deep into this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks final game before the All Star Break. The teams will scattered. Dodger pitchers, players, coaches, Dave Roberts were all head to Philadelphia for the All Star Game on Tuesday at Citizens Big Park. We got a game to play today, Today, to play today. First pitch at one.
Speaker 1: Ten and now before the Dodgers hit the dinam we look at the pitching matchoup brought to.
Speaker 3: You by your Toyota Dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 5: Mitch Bratt on the mound for the Diamondbacks, twenty three year old rookie left hander, acquired from the Texas Rangers at the deadline last year and the Merrill Kelly deal. He is ranked as the diamondbacks number twelve overall prospects. Started the year in Triple A Reno, making thirteen starts there, making his second start here in the big leagues, taking the place as Zach Gallon, who was placed on the injured list with a sore elbow. Did not factor in the one start that he made back on June twenty fourth against the Saint Louis Cardinals. He went three innings, one run, two hits, three strikeouts, and two walks. Recalled from Trip Lea, he features a highly unique and funky delivery that brings both his feet off the ground before releasing the baseball. Rather than throwing with elite velocity, he relies on picks, pitch mixes, and painting the corners with a fastball in the low nineties. Immit Shean on the mound for the Dodgers, twenty seven year old right hander making his seventeenth start this year. It's been an up and down twenty twenty six for Imagean. In his last outing a week ago against the Padres, he allowed one run on three hits while striking out five in a loss. He went just four to third innings in that contest and hasn't completed six innings since June first against these same Diamondbacks. In two career starts against them both this year, he's zero to one with a five to fifty nine ERRA. Nine bouts last face in June first, going six and a third, giving him three hits, two solo home runs, while striking out three in a loss. Emmett she and Mitch Bratt Dodgers Diamondbacks for fifteen minutes away from first pitch.
Speaker 3: Keys to the game are coming up next.
Speaker 5: I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers on your network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue All season long, It's.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers and the Diamondbacks. Em It she and rookie Mitch Bratt. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at one to ten. As we get you ready for the start of the game with the Supporo start Great Moments, Start with Sapporo beer, whatever your taste preference. Soporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beer. Soporo good with sushi, Great with baseball. We head back at to the booth one final time before first pitch. Tim Nevertrick Monday, guys.
Speaker 2: Thanks Tim. We look at their starting pitchers today. Immtt shean hoping to get some depth. In five of his sixteen starts this year, he has only lasted five innings or more. For the most part, he's not been able to go deep into ball games, a case in point four and a third in his last outing against San Diego.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and didn't pinch well either. And he's got better stuff than to be giving up fifteen home runs on top of it as well. So here's the other part too, is he has not thrown a lot of ground balls. How do you look at that? Well, he has only one ground bowl double play. His stuff can really play much much larger than what it is at the present time, and his ERA better at home but still hides over four and three quarters on the road is above five. And the thing to look at first inning, his ERA is approaching seven. He's also had trouble in the sixth inning where the ERA is approaching ten, and those are two innings that he's got to figure out a better way to get some outs quickly.
Speaker 2: And the Dodgers will face a new arm and Mitch Bratt is the second major league start he fills in for Zach Gallon today. Gallon with right elbow inflament, likely going on the injured list. So Mitch Bratt against Emmett Sheen. That's your pitching matchup for this afternoon. In the final game of the first half of the season.
Speaker 5: Tim all Right, first pitch is coming up next. Dodgers twelve and a half games up on the Arizona Diamondbacks in the NL West. Can they add a game to that lead with the win today or with the lead shrink by a game with the sweep by the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Speaker 3: We don't want that. We want a Dodger win.
Speaker 5: Is the six Dodgers select of the All Star game, getting introdews to the crowd at Unna Clo Field at Dodger Stadium as we speak, Freeman, Monciotani, Pohz, Robleski, and Yamamoto all receiving their All Star jerseys. They will head out to Philadelphia, outside of Otani, who's having his knee looked out after the game, along with Dave Roberts and the coaching staff for the Midsummer Classic that's on Tuesday. First things first, Dodgers and Diamondbacks one final time. Immachen on the mound, first pitch when we return. I'm Tim Katson. This has been wrong with Consimo Dodgers on deck on the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network