Speaker 1: The quest for the free peat has begune.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth fifth.
Speaker 1: This is world Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 4: Here we go again.
Speaker 5: We get right running back.
Speaker 1: To get in on the show called eight six six eighty seven two five seven day and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you catch your podcasts. And now your host, here's Tim Kakes.
Speaker 6: Well, the Dodgers keep right on rolling.
Speaker 2: They're six straight victory, a four nothing shutout over the Pittsburgh Pirates as the Dodgers finish off the three games sweep of the Buckos. Hi everybody, and welcome into Dodger Talk here on a five to seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app no matter where you may be on this Sunday afternoon. Thanks for making us a part of your day and taking us with you. Whether you're at the beach, you're at a lake, you're by a pool, you're at the air conditioning just trying to get out of the heat.
Speaker 6: I don't blame you.
Speaker 2: It's a scorcher out there on this Sunday afternoon. Is the heat is officially here in late August, just in time for all the kids to go back to school, as it is heating up this week. So stay cool wherever you're at, make sure you're hydrating. If you're at a Dodger stadium, please please cool off and get some fluids in you. Because it was a scorcher out there at at Uniclow Field, the Dodger Stadium. But the Dodgers red hot as well. They've now won six in a row. A three game sweep of the Rockies turned into a three game sweep of the Pittsburgh Pirates. And we kind of laughed going into this weekend set, at least I did, and I mentioned it here on Dodger Talk. You know, you get a three game series against Pittsburgh, and if you're the Pirates, you're looking at who the probables are, Okay.
Speaker 6: Who we face and what's the game plan?
Speaker 2: You know, what's going to be our our our you know, our strategy going to this series against this Dodger pitching staff.
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 6: Who they got going?
Speaker 2: Oh they got Yamamoto, they got school Ball, and they got Blake Snell.
Speaker 6: Oh Okay, that seems very fair.
Speaker 2: I mean, you look at what the Dodgers throughout this weekend against the Pittsburgh Pirates and what those starting pitchers did in these three games, I mean, this is what we expected. Yamamota, Schooble, and Snell combined for twenty six strikeouts, five walks in over nineteen innings of work. Gave up five earned runs, and out of those five, three came in the first inning yesterday against Trek scoubl who then really bare it down and put up zeros the rest of the way. The Dodgers bullpen put up zero's the rest of the way. Today, Blake Snell put up zeros combined with three relievers for a two hit shutout. And you go back after those three games, those three runs scored yesterday, the Dodgers' pitching staff has seventeen scoreless innings pitched against the Pittsburgh Pirates. That's how dominant they were against this Pirates offense, which is no slouch. It's a top five offense in baseball. Rick Monday mentioned that several times over the weekend, you can't you can't look at this Pirates team and say, wow, not a winning record, not a very good team. Their offense will prove you otherwise that's a really good Pittsburgh Pirates offense. But what the Dodgers' pitching staff put on display this weekend, from the bullpen to Tanner Scott to the Dodger starters in school, will Yamamoto and today Blake Snell.
Speaker 6: This is the.
Speaker 2: Dodger team we thought we see now certainly still missing Will Smith and he pot has the hand injury and the surgery is a huge break, no pun intended for the Dodgers for the next four to five weeks. But you feel good overall about what THEIRS Dodger team is at and what they're capable of. And again I mentioned in the clubouse show back to back days in which you didn't get a base.
Speaker 6: Hit from show Hey Otani in the leadoff spot.
Speaker 2: But back to back days you still pick up victories and say it's a four nothing shutout. Why because Otani can get on another ways. A leadoff walk in the first comes all the way around to score on the ground ball double play that Mookie Betts hit into in the bottom of the first inning, so he can provide other ways. The Dodgers bottom half of the lineup providing six seven, eight, nine hitters getting on base today with two outs, a little magic from Alec Thomas to the eight hitter and RBI single, Hunter Fidusha the nine hitter and RBI single. So you put up a two spot in the fourth inning, you give Blake Snell a little bit more cushion and three to nothing lead to work with. Where did that offense come from the bottom of the lineup? Max Munsey RBI ground out In the fifth inning, you manufacture another run to give Blake Snell on this pitching staff and bullpen a four nothing lead to work with. So this is kind of how you drew it up when you looked at the Dodgers to start the season. Now, has it been pretty, it's been up, it's been down, certainly. All we got to do is go back a week ago and we're sitting here talking about the Dodgers losing three to four to the Milwaukee Brewers. We're talking about a four and three homestand we're talking about a Dodgers team that's falling behind the Milwaukee Brewers and have the Atlanta Braves right there neck and neck as far as the top two spots in the National League, sky was.
Speaker 6: Falling into world. What are we going to do?
Speaker 2: Dodgers are done, break up the team, pump the brakes a little bit, get to Colorado, take care of a Rockies team in three games, and then come back and in a three game series against the Pittsburgh Pirates, absolutely dominate them with pitching and get good hitting up and down the lineup, production from pretty much everybody top to bottom in this lineup, even Kyle Tucker providing hits yesterday, a hit today, Freddie Freeman, mister consistent, two more bass hits today again, shoe hail Tani doesn't have a hit to show for his offense today, but a leadoff walk in the first and guess what, Steel's second base and comes all the way around to score in the first inning for the first run of the game. So he can provide other things besides just hitting bombs eight six, six nine, eight seven two five seventy. You look at this whole win today, you look at this series. You look at this six game winning streak. I get it, it's against the Pirates and the Rockies, but you gotta beat these teams, and you're supposed to sweep these series. And these were get right series. First with the Colorado Rockies and against the Pittsburgh Pirates. Yeah, they didn't face Paul Skins, but they got Jared Jones yesterday. I mean, he's a really good young right hander out of here in southern California. So you had to face him, you had to face a really good Pittsburgh Pirates bullpen that you eventually got to in wore down in what turned out to be a bullpen game today for Pittsburgh. So the Dodgers did a really good job of doing what they're supposed to do, collect wins against teams you're supposed to beat. And now comes the next hurdle, the next test in the Atlanta Braves. And you look what the Atlanta Braves are doing right now. They're not playing the best of baseball. They're actually in Sunday Night baseball right now in Williamsport, Pennsylvania for the Little League Classic that's taking place. It's the Sunday Night during the Little League World Series. They're in West Pennsylvania and it's two teams that go and play the Sunday Night baseball game there. And they played at one of the oldest stadiums in the country, old Journey Bank Ballpark at Historic Bowmen Field.
Speaker 6: They're in Williamsport, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: By the way, it's like the second oldest operating ballpark in minor league baseball going back one hundred years. It only seats like twenty four hundred fans and it's all little leaguers there from across the world participating in the Little League World Series. Getting to watch the Brewers and the Braves play a regular season game, it's kind of cool. I know it's a long haul for both these teams to get there to play one game, but it's pretty cool experience for everybody involved to go play in that game. So we'll keep an eye on what's happening in that game because that's got some bearing on what happens with the Dodgers as far as the top record in the National League concerning the Braves are up one to nothing over the Brewers in the second inning, but the Brewers as we speak, eighty one and forty nine Dodgers eighty and fifty one Dodgers a game and a half back of Milwaukee for the best record in baseball, in the best record in the National League, which would be huge for the Dodgers to have. They've also separated themselves now four plus games ahead of the Atlanta Braves for the second spot, so they've got some separation between two and three there and home field in the wild card and not having to play the opening round. So it's big to get one of these two top spots in the National League seedings. And the Dodgers right now are putting themselves in a good position by winning games they're supposed to beating teams they're supposed to and now against you gotta take care of business. This is a series Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. The Dodgers have to win the series. This would be a backbreaker for Atlanta. A team that's going into today lost two in a row, seven of their last ten, and.
Speaker 6: It's got a Cubs team that's red hot.
Speaker 2: They just score to what nineteen runs against the Mariners today, Pca hit his thirty third on run. You got the Phillies for the hottest team in baseball, have won nine in a row and don't look now, they're right back in the race of the National League.
Speaker 6: So you've got teams.
Speaker 2: Now nipping on the heels of the Atlanta Braves, who are sitting as the third seed in the National League. The Dodgers have a firm hold of the second seed, right behind the Milwaukee Brewers going in into Atlanta. Taking two to three would be a wreck for the Braves. To sweep that series would be disaster for them. But if the Dodgers lose the series or get swept themselves, all of a sudden, that cushion has gone and the Braves and the teams right behind them are all right behind.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers for the second spot in the National League.
Speaker 2: So we're starting to tighten the belt a little bit here with five weeks to go in the Sea, and every game is important. But we all know when you get less and less games on the calendar, you start checking off games and you start looking at what's left and it gets smaller and smaller. As far as games still to be played, every game gets magnified. Every game means more moving forward because of what you can and can't do in the standings, as far as moving up or down and creating separation. Eight six, six, nine eighty seven two five seventy d Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Medello Medello, the mark of a Fighter. The Dodgers a four to nothing win over the pirates today. Let's get out to the phones. Thanks for being patient, Ryan, Was it Dodger Stadium today, Ryan, Hopefully you're hydrated and you're nice and cool in the car already.
Speaker 8: Oo hot?
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 8: I feel bad for those players, But it was the very first trip for my eight year old Eli to come to Dodger Stadium. I made the mistake a couple of years ago. We live in Orange County. I took her to an Angels game. It was terrible. She was like, I hate baseball. It was so boring. Today it was a totally different experience. The energy, the people, the four nothing win was incredible and for good luck. When we got there, she won a free spell bobblehead and then got to see him absolutely dominate. And man, I can't talk highly enough about him. He's incredible. So anytime we want some free tickets from you guys, anytime you're giving free tickets, I'm game. Just she had a great experience.
Speaker 2: Awesome, Ryan, that's great parenting by you to overcome the Angel game and take her to a Dodger GAF.
Speaker 6: I appreciate the phone call.
Speaker 2: Keep listening, as we're always giving away Dodger tickets here on Dodger Talk and of course on a five to seventy LA Sports, your home.
Speaker 6: Of the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Mark in Torrance is next up. Thanks for being patient, Mark, Welcome to Dodger Talk. After the Dodgers finished off the sweep of the Pirates.
Speaker 10: How you doing, Oh, I'm doing great.
Speaker 5: Say I've been to fans in nineteen fifty nine and saw the Dodgers play in the coliseum, so I've been around a while. So anyway, in June, I called David Bassa and I asked him if he at that time if he had a projected final account for the win games for the regular season. He guessed ninety five. I did atistical analysis and came up with one hundred and one. I've adjusted that since probably that like ninety five ninety six. And I'm just wondering if you guys had your own thoughts about what a final number of wins might be for the season.
Speaker 2: Well, they're at eighty and fifty one right now, and I'm doing my own math here, just on a calculator. Though, Mark, I'm as smart as you. They're thirty one games to go in the season. Let's say they win. Let's say they go just a game over five hundred. Let's say they go sixteen in fifteen during that stretch. We hope that's way better than that. But let's just say it's, you know, game over five hundred. So what's eighty plus sixteen. I wasn't a math major, of course, but eighty plus sixteen, of course.
Speaker 6: Is ninety six.
Speaker 2: So, you know, looking at ninety six wins in my estimation, was the worst case. If they basically play five hundred ish baseball the final thirty.
Speaker 6: One games of the season.
Speaker 2: Anything more than that, you're looking at close to one hundred, if not north of one hundred.
Speaker 6: I think that's very reasonable, right.
Speaker 5: I agree, I agree?
Speaker 1: All right, Mark.
Speaker 11: Today, thank you?
Speaker 6: He was great. He was absolutely great, Mark, thank you for the phone call.
Speaker 2: Blake Snell was fantastic to have all his pitches working or herscheiser mentioned it on Sports in LA. The curveball was devastating. The slider, especially to the right handed hitters. That just was Clayton Kershaw esque if you wanted, just a great description of what it looked like on the radio, just diving into the back foot of the right handed hitters. He had the fastball in all quadrants in out up, down.
Speaker 6: And when you're.
Speaker 2: Throwing ninety seven like Blake Snell was today, and you're throwing fastball outside, fastball up, and you come back with a curveball, it's so devastating. And then you come back with a slider and maybe you get a swing and miss and you're heading the count and then you pump ninety seven again up and out of the strike zone. You're getting a swing and miss and he's just swinging over the underneath it.
Speaker 6: It's hard.
Speaker 2: I mean that ninety seven looks like it's one hundred based on what you're throwing, the curveballs and the sliders and the change ups. I mean, I didn't even mention the change up. He was for the Pirates, hitters were oh for sixteen against the fastballs and change ups today. They were zero for ten against the fastball alone, with five strikeouts. That is a dominating performance from Blake Snell today. And again, three starts since coming back from the elbow surgery, three starts. Every start he's gone six innings. He's got an ERA of one over those three starts. That's eighteen innings.
Speaker 5: Pitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can do the math. Three starts, six innings each that's eighteen innings, pitch twenty one strikeouts over those eighteen innings, and he was fantastic again today.
Speaker 6: So was the Dodgers bullpen.
Speaker 2: Enriquez, Stewart Vesia put up Zeros snell in the three relievers, combining for a two hit shutout and a four nothing Dodgers win over the Pittsburgh Pirates eight six, six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy. Dan and Santa Monica, welcome to Dodger Talk on this Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 6: How you doing, Dan.
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 11: How are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm doing good to try to stay cool. I imagine buy the water in Santa Monica. You got a nice little ocean breeze at least keep you somewhat cool.
Speaker 9: Yes, yes, it feels nice, A little cooler here than in Dodger Stadium today for sure. But Tim, my question real quick. I saw m and she Hand today pitch six shutout innings for Oklahoma City. The ZRA is like one forty six, so he seems to be pitching really well at triple A. With the rosters expanding in another seven ten days, is it possible the Dodgers might recall m she Hands. Yeah, and you take care and have a great day, my friend.
Speaker 6: All right, Dan, great to hear your voice. Thank you for the compliment. There, I do.
Speaker 2: I do think image Sheen is one of the call ups. So what they expanded twenty eight when the September collups. It's not like you can just empty your minor leagues anymore in baseball callups in September.
Speaker 6: That used to be the case. And he used to all of a sudden go from being you know, it used to be a twenty.
Speaker 2: Five man roster. Right now it's a twenty six man roster, but it used to be September call ups. All of a sudden, you got like fifteen more dudes in the dugout and it's just like spring training baseball all over again. Well, major League Baseball tweaked that, so from a twenty five man roster to a twenty six man roster and then September you're able to get to a maximum of twenty eight players. So the Dodgers can add two players to their roster come September in the expansion of the rosters for the final month of the season, I would expect eight arm or two to be called up by the Dodgers.
Speaker 6: My preference. And this is just my preference.
Speaker 2: And again, I know there's a lot that goes into you know, bringing a guy to a forty man and you know, getting a call up late and you start the clock for his major league service time and all that stuff. But maybe you bring up a pitcher like an Image Shean, and you bring up a TIBs to get him around the major league dugout, get him around batting practice, get him around the day to day of what it's like to be a big league ball player at the major league level. You know, James Tims the third might be a guy you call up. So you bring up a position player and you bring up an arm. I think bringing up at least one arm is a no brainer. I think Immachean if he continues to pitch like he did today and continue to show that he's maybe turned a corner. Absolutely, But let's be real, Imma Sheean's role is going to be just like Justin Robleski's and Eric Lawer's role the rest of the season. They are going to be piggyback guys and they need those guys in the back end of the bullpen. That's not a slight by any means. Let's look at Tuesday. It's just a great example. Tyler Glass now is coming back from injury. Now he's gone five innings in minor league rehab starts in Triple A Oklahoma City. In theory, he is stretched out, he is ready to go. He is full throttle. Tyler Glass. Now on Tuesday, Okay, what happens he gets into trouble. What happens is there's a high pitch count, which we've seen before, God forbid, what happens if the back tightens up again with some spats.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of what ifs?
Speaker 2: Okay, what if that happens on Tuesday the Dodgers all of a sudden, the first game of a bullpen of a road trip, or forced to go to a bullpen game when you've got an Eric Lower, which they're gonna have there on Tuesday, ready to go, lined up and can piggyback Tyler Glass now on Tuesday. I mean, you talk about the benefits of having depth, and you know, the the abundance of pitchers that the Dodgers have and quality pitchers that can pitch that are starters.
Speaker 6: I mean, do you heard Blake Snell in the post game? If you didn't.
Speaker 2: He sort of laughed when he was asked about the three starting pitchers this weekend, himself, Terry Scuogle, and Yamamoto and what they're able to do. And then he said, yeah, well we got Glass coming on Tuesday, and he said, oh yeah, show's coming back soon too.
Speaker 6: I mean, shoey Otani's going to be back baby steps.
Speaker 2: Of course, an inning, two winnings, just like he did when he came back a year ago. They're not going to throw him out there for five plus. It'll be a slow ramp up when he makes those starts. So when he comes back in another week or so, the same thing. You're gonna need somebody to an essence, be a piggyback. We're in shoe Heyo Tani's first outing will most likely be as an opener, pitch one inning and then turn it over to a Robleski or a lour or turn it over to an image she in Right now, Eric Lower's the guy because he's active, Robleski's not shim Shean's and triple A. So Eric Lower is the dude. Eric Lawer is that long inning guy who will piggyback Tyler Glass Now if need on Tuesday, and we'll find out and he'll be in that role for the next couple of days and when called upon if they need him in one of those games, he'll be ready to go. We got full confidence in Eric Lawer, who's been fantastic since coming over from the Blue Jays and put into the starring rotation. Eight six nine, eight seven two five seven. We'll take a time out, we'll come back. We'll get to your phone calls. We'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts as the Dodgers take care of the Pittsburgh Pirates a four nothing shutout behind Blake Snells six shutout innings, he combines with three levers for a two hit shutout. The bottom of the lineup delivers Alec Thomas, Hunter Fadusha back to back RBI singles in the fourth as the Dodgers get a four nothing shutout. Right here on FI seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 12: Dodger fans, this is Blake Snow. You're listening to the home of the back to back world champion Dodgers on AM five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Blake, great performance today by Snell Zella six shutout inning, six strikeouts. The Pirate Titters were zero for ten with five strikeouts against his forcing fastball, and he only got better as the game went along. Despite having traffic on the base pass in the first five innings, got out of it with zeros and then the six The one two three inning finished off with two strikeouts, his fifth and sixth of the day as the Dodgers get their four to nothing shutout win over the Pittsburgh Pilers. Daniels Jewelers presents the home Run Forecast for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniel Jeliers gift card. Just visit Anti seventy LA sports dot com with a keyword home run into your name and you can win. Visit Daniel's Jewelers dot com and own the dream well. The Dodgers have now won six in a row. They now head to Atlanta for a three game series. Tyler Glass now coming off the IL. We'll get the start on Tuesday. Rookie Sasaki scheduled to go on Wednesday, followed by Yoshinobu Yama Moto and Chris Sale and what should be a tremendic, tremendous excuse me pitching matchup on Thursday in Atlanta. Eight six six, nine eighty seven two five seventy is a number, Blake, My guy in Colorado is next up here on Dodger Talk, Blake, what's going on, buddy?
Speaker 4: Hi? How are you doing today?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: I am doing much better, Blake. We last talked that Dodgers were struggling. They went to Colorado, they won three in a row. They feeling good about themselves and feeling even better now after this pitching performance. How about this Dodger pitching staff, Blake. You got Yamamoto on Friday against the Pirates, he was great. Then you had Trek Schoog, Well yesterday had a hiccup in the first, but he was great and got the win. And then today six shutout inatings from Blake Snell. These guys are tremendous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they are really good.
Speaker 13: Hopefully we could win another will series.
Speaker 6: We will see, we will see.
Speaker 2: They're gonna get even more guys back with Tyler Glass now on Tuesday mentioned show, Hey, Otani's gonna throw one more bullpen in Atlanta, and then he could be back the next time around in the rotation and get his first outing in the Big leagues for almost two months now since he threw in a game, So that'll be fun to get him back, and certainly Eric Louer going to the bullpen and maybe getting just Robleski back here soon. Things are really trending in the right direction. How about Will Smith's gonna start a rehab assignment on Tuesday in Oklahoma City, so you give him ten days down there or so we're looking at the round September first, a little after we could have Blake Snell or Will Smith back.
Speaker 13: Yeah, high happy Sunday, Mike. Question is if Alex Summons keep doing well when and he comes at and he comes back, what do we do with what do the Dodgers do?
Speaker 5: Ye?
Speaker 13: Also where what what where we do at the kess when Will Smith comes back?
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are both great questions. Blake, great to hear from you, my friend. Hope you're well and we'll talk soon. I'm back at it on Thursday after the finale of the game in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, talk to you Josey about it?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 6: Sounds good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they Dodgers are gonna have some questions when the Will Smith comes back to do the catching every day was a Hunter Producia is a Blake roart Ft at that point is one of those guys, the extra position player in September when the call ups are brought up and you're allowed to have twenty eight men on the roster. When they get to that bridge and have to cross it, we'll find out. And certainly Andy pot Has is at least a month, probably five to six weeks away from returning. I'm just guessing here, you're looking the last week of the season. Uh, if not the playoff for the return of Andy Paez.
Speaker 6: I mean he had a.
Speaker 2: Little bit of something to put into his wrist, whether it's a screw or a pin. I mean he's got a rest. He's got to get that thing healed. You can only drink so much milk to get those bones stronger. So our best, Andy Paes and a speedy recovery, and hopefully he can come back sooner rather than later. But you certainly hate to see him go out with a broken hand. Eight sixty six, nine eighty seven seventy is the number. Thanks to Blake for the phone call. Let's go to dominic in Westwood Dominic, thanks for being patient.
Speaker 10: How you doing today, I'm doing good.
Speaker 3: I need an ice bath right now. It is hot outside.
Speaker 6: It is a scorcher, that is for sure. I guess it's a little cool. You got a little bit.
Speaker 2: Of the breeze there in in in Westwood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we do, we do. But it's still perfect for a nice bat. So I'll go take full advantage of that one. I oh my god, I wanted to call it. I just wanted to say Blake, he did an awesome job. I know he's always tough on himself, that he he got us out of the gym and we got another sweep, but the second sleep in a row. So I right now I'm watching the Atlanta Milwaukee Little League serious game, hoping Atlanta takes the win so we can take that first seed in the in the National League. But yeah, and I'm also I also just want to say this to I am a hockey fans, and King's Night is coming up, and i just saw the Bailey bobblehead and I'm just falling in love with it. So can't wait for the first. Can't wait for the first. I also wanted to I don't I don't know if I asked you this question.
Speaker 14: I think I did.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry for being repetitive over it. Can I ask you about the train horn question? Should we use a train horn for the home runs and game wins?
Speaker 2: You didn't maybe you talked to Dave about that. But I don't know about the train horn. It doesn't really fit LA right now. I think, you know, I love La getting a win. That makes sense, the home run, the celebration, the music, people getting up, moving their bodies around and celebrating the home run. I kind of like it the way it is right now. I don't know if a train horn fits like a Colorado thing. It's not really it's a Pennsylvania thing.
Speaker 6: You know. It doesn't really.
Speaker 2: Fit fit you know, Dodger Stadium, and and I don't know.
Speaker 6: That's that's just how I feel. What do you think?
Speaker 3: I'm kind of on the opposite end of it.
Speaker 6: I I do.
Speaker 3: I do love I Love La. Sorry that was a ton cluster there. I do like I love La, and the King should use I Love La and bring it back because they don't use it no more, and a lot of Kings fans are still upset about that. But I will say having a train horn, maybe not every game, but probably like for like library series, like San Diego, for example, so we can just hip off the Madre fans more a horse, yeah, but I was more of a let's use it all the games. But I would be okay if we just use it for just library games or some games. It doesn't have to be all of them. But I'm honestly again, I'm a hockey fan, and I like the train horn idea.
Speaker 11: I get it.
Speaker 6: I get it Dominic, and I appreciate the phone call.
Speaker 2: I I don't think it's more of an I don't think it's an l A thing. I don't think it fits Dodger Stadium, and the vibe there certainly fits.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 2: Again, to me, I think a train horning. Gonna think of a hockey horn. My first thought goes to the Rockies in Denver. My first thought goes to Pittsburgh and you know, somewhere like that. This doesn't fit La, my opinion eight six, five seventy And again in LA, it's more of a king's hockey thing, and let's let them enjoy that. The Dodgers get, you know, the home run celebration. You get up and move your body around and have a good time and celebrate a home run. And then when they win, we all play I Love La and sing it. I think that's better fitting for the Dodgers. Eight six six, nine eighty seven two five seventy. Don from the City of Industry, the Man with the Golden Pipes?
Speaker 11: How you doing, Don, Kim the Great Kate? How are you doing today, Buddy?
Speaker 2: I'm doing it great. But I'm gonna ask you a question. I'm gonna I'm gonna ask you a question.
Speaker 6: Don.
Speaker 2: Did you listen to Not Quite Ringside yesterday from nine am to ten am our new box seen the show right here on five seventy LA Sports with a great colony and Sammy Long.
Speaker 6: It is a great listen. My friend.
Speaker 2: They went to a boxing event last night in Santa Monica. They're going to Vegas next month. They're at all the big fights locally and in Vegas. You gotta check it out, don I know? You love the Sweet Science.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well, you know, I was so tim I was so set to watch it on Saturday morning. But I got in late after being out and about on Friday, and I literally fell asleep on my couch with the radio right next to me, and I woke up, you know, and it's like it was already over. I'm like, dang it, you know that hates when I do that, So I'll find a way to get some z's in before because I got to hear the show now it's like I feel like Captain Ahab chasing the Great White Whale. But I will, I will. I definitely want to watch it because it's funny you mentioned that because you know, Tim watch watching now this season the way it is, it reminds me of the old days with fighters when they had tune up fights, you know, when you know if you had a big fight coming up. I know Angelo Dundee who trained Muhammad, Alisha, Gary Leonard, all those guys. He was a genius at it. He'd find the guys before the big fight that had elements of the main guy, but they might have this, they might have that, and they picked the right sparring partners to get ready, so when you got to that big fight, you were ready to go. And I know it's different in team sports. You have a schedule you can't pick. But it's so neat to watch all them, you know, because I'm just a mug watching this stuff, you know. But I love the machinations and who's in, who's out. Who's up, who's down, And it's just so great the way they built the Dodgers with all the depth and first they go across and fill all the holes. Now we go deep and so just having that great depth and everything, it's just so exciting. I have to kind of like take a deep breath to keep from getting too pumped too early, you know, because Mess, we're not at the big casino yet, but we're getting there. We're chugging along.
Speaker 2: Bring that up, Don, and I appreciate the phone call. Great to hear from you again. As always, I'm glad you brought that up. The depth of this Dodgers team, and you know, tune up fights analogy with boxing, because you know, this Dodgers team has gone through injuries and their death was tested at the pitching staff with the rotation and the relieving corps, and the depth at center field now being tested with Alec Thomas getting called up, and that's a move that's gonna go under the radar. He gets dfaded by the Arizona Diamondbacks early in the season because he's struggling. It's got forty years experience, though in the big leagues he's only twenty six years old, He's still got a lot of baseball life left in him, and the Dodgers take him when nobody else wanted him. They put him in Triple A. He's talked about They worked with some things on his swing, his defense. He feels way more confident the plate. He hits near three hundred down in Triple A, and Andy pa Has unfortunately gets down with an injury that the hand broken hand. He's on the IL now for the next five weeks. And Alec Thomics gets called up and again nobody wanted him a few months ago.
Speaker 6: Dfad by the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers find two of them, bring him up and then back to back days since getting recalled and play for the Dodgers. He has RBI singles, including today an RBI single in the fourth inning. They just push all the right buttons, and they just know guys that fit in perfectly to their system and can wait them out, and then when their opportunity comes, they get called up Hunter Fradusia, Ben Rhardtvett, both guys traded away and sent away last year. Not here in twenty twenty six, but because of the injury to Will Smith and Dalton Rushing, they go back and they go and they find Ben Roardvett in Triple A Syracuse with the Mets, bring them to the Dodgers again. They go out and they bring back Hunter Fradusia, who they had traded away. Because they're familiar with the guys, they understand the system, they know the pitching coaches, they know the philosophies, they know how to game plan. The Dodgers just push all the right buttons. You can hate it all you want, you can say they're getting away with it, and they spend this much money and nobody else can compete with them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, whatever, But.
Speaker 2: They also go out and they pick up the Eric Lauers of the world, Alec Thomas's of the world. You go back and they pick up the Maximuns, the Chris Taylor's of the world.
Speaker 6: They do the.
Speaker 2: Things that other teams can't do, and that's develop and that's redefined players who maybe are down on their luck or just going through whatever rut they're going in in their baseball world, and they fix them. Eight six, six, nine, eighty seven, two five seventy. Eric in Hollywood, I know where this is going.
Speaker 6: How you doing, Eric Dodger?
Speaker 7: This shit, Kimmy the bullseye on the Dodgers' back is huge. But the Pirates try to knock us down. Every game was a good game, and that was a good game for the Dodgers. I'm glad they had a team like that that's hungry. The Pirates are hungry. They're trying to beat us. You know, everybody's trying to beat us. Everybody's trying to put something on their mantle and say we beat the Dodgers. But the Dodgers swept them and they played really, really good, and that's great. That's what the Dodgers need. The Dodgers need to band together and take care of business. Now, as far as I got one thing to tell you, Timmy, and you're probably gonna you're probably gonna get mad about this, but Tucker, man, what's up with this guy?
Speaker 9: Bro?
Speaker 3: We gave him love.
Speaker 7: Everybody was showering him love Dodger Stadium, and his comments were like, I'm just trying.
Speaker 11: To play better and.
Speaker 7: Blah blah blah, and come on, come on talk, come on, come on, we're trying to help you out here. You know what I mean. Dodgers did it for Dodgers, did it for bets. You're trying to do it for Tucker. That kind of bothers me a little bit. I'll hear that after I'm done. But last thing I want to tell you, we need to go into Atlanta. We need to take two out of three from them. We need to let them know who the who's the boss. And I'm really really glad that glass Snow's back. That being said, Yo, Timmy, always a pleasure talking to you, bro.
Speaker 6: Always all right, appreciate it. Thank you, Eric.
Speaker 2: Great to hear from you, my friend. Eight six six seventy. Uh, let's keep things going. Rick from Coast to Mesa's next up on Dodger Talk. After a four outing shutout of the Pittsburgh Pyrus, Dodgers have now one six in a row.
Speaker 6: How you do Rick?
Speaker 10: Hey, I'm great. Hey, it's so good to hear from you. You don't put me asleep like David.
Speaker 6: Oh we love David. David doesn't put anybody asleep.
Speaker 2: I have the fortune of doing this on a hot Sunday afternoon where everybody's wide awake and everybody's a little grumpy because it's hot. But now for living in Coast and Mason, like you, reckon the world is great living down there by the water and the seaberes.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we got a night ocean breeze. Hey, I just had a hypothetical if we were to just bench Tayo just for maybe one or two games, who do you think could take his place?
Speaker 6: Well, there's a couple of different people. I appreciate the phone call.
Speaker 2: You don't have to look very far key Hernandez can play left field for you.
Speaker 6: Is also a right handed hitter.
Speaker 2: Tommy Evan can make the adjustment out to the left field like he did earlier in this series. If Nate be So, you got two options right there that can play left field for the Dodgers. So, yeah, you don't have to look very far Keiky Hernandez, Tommy Edmond, two guys that can play left field for you. At eight six seven, two seventy. Let's go to Arthur and Marina l Ray. Thanks for being patient Arthur on this Sunday afternoon. Another another guy living the rough life by the water and Marina del Ray.
Speaker 6: How you doing, Arthur.
Speaker 14: It's just cool, Grease. It's tough to hate Tim.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I'm living in the valley where it's one hundred and eight right now and just dripping sweat.
Speaker 6: How you doing, Buddy?
Speaker 14: That the smartest saying. I did my movie La for a book on It's just.
Speaker 6: Gotcha, gotcha? What's all your mind?
Speaker 5: Sir?
Speaker 14: I'll talk about Jason Stone and Bobby Miller, Okay, and that necessarily those people in particular. But you know, Jason Stone I think is a hero, but it didn't Twitch twenty four and you know he was a showrap, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, you're talking about Gavin Stone, who's really been Yeah, he's had a great rehab process in Triple A, Oklahoma City.
Speaker 6: We don't talk about him because I don't know how much they're gonna ramp him up.
Speaker 5: Arthur.
Speaker 2: I appreciate the phone call, my friend. We got to get going here, but I appreciate you checking in. I'll give you an update on Gavin Stone right now. Gavin Stone last pitch for the Dodge August thirty first, twenty twenty four. As you alluded to, he has made three rehab appearances in Triple A, Oklahoma City. Most recently he had three perfect innings, struck out five and through thirty eight pitches. So thirty eight pitches, couple of innings. All right, he's right there. I think if you gramp him up to five and seventy five. Maybe he makes a few starts for another team in baseball, But right now, I don't know where you slot Gavin Stone into this Dodgers' rotation certainly, and even the bullpen. I think we're at a point for Gavin Stone here in twenty twenty six that, barring and injury, he's most likely looking at finished off the year at Triple A and getting some momentum for twenty twenty seven. That's that's where I think we're at with Gavin Stone. I mean, he hasn't pitched in the big league levels in two years. I mean we're a week away from two years since he last pitched in the big leagues. So the last thing you want to do is rush back and thirty eight pitches, three scoreless innings. That's great, you know the next out is what next outing is four innings.
Speaker 6: Maybe fifty pitches.
Speaker 2: Then you get to five and sixty, So that's two more starts we're looking at first week in September.
Speaker 6: I just any other team in baseball.
Speaker 2: You know, you look at a Rockies, you look at a Padres, you look at a Giants team. I just use those as one. You know, the Mariners a West Coast team. It's the ones that are close to the Dodgers. Maybe he gets brought back up and they finished the season with him trying to re establish himself in the big leagues and get some big league innings underneath him and ready for.
Speaker 6: Twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 2: I just don't think outside of an injury happening, there's a room for Gavin Stone right now to come back. Oh, there's the need right now for him to come back and pitch at the big league level.
Speaker 6: Uh, let's go to Oh. Is he is?
Speaker 11: He?
Speaker 12: Is?
Speaker 4: He? Is? He?
Speaker 12: Is?
Speaker 1: He?
Speaker 6: An Anaheim?
Speaker 12: Is he?
Speaker 6: Are you staying cool at least?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You know, I don't know, but I don't mind dagon until got hot.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've been to Disneyland when it's been a hot at Disneyland, and that's an Anaheim.
Speaker 4: Yeah I know, Yeah, yeah, I know that.
Speaker 3: I know that.
Speaker 4: Yesterday I will say do it with.
Speaker 2: So how are you feeling is They've won six in a row, They swept the Pirates, they swooped the Rockies. Everything is right with Yamamoto and school and Blake Snell. I mean, you talk about bing bang boom right there for the Dodgers in their rotation. Now you got Tyler Glass now and then Sasaki and then's back to Yamamoto.
Speaker 6: I mean you have to like where the student's at right now?
Speaker 3: Is he?
Speaker 6: Come on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not convinced with them right now, But that wasn't then I got.
Speaker 3: To get this off my chist.
Speaker 4: Oh the stupid dog page to using the B A B is so aged. I am so Tighting any of the Dodgers is just driving me crazy. We need to tape them for the pitches. I'm not well put the catches.
Speaker 3: I mean, come onis, I they rather.
Speaker 4: Even talk to you about I need to get David to give them my phone namag Jackie, I will, I will, but but listing the playing.
Speaker 7: Game, we'll see how it goes.
Speaker 4: I'm they're not convinced. I'm this saving where ran.
Speaker 3: It will be big this weekdays.
Speaker 4: At least needs win two hours to the it.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think you have to win two or three in Atlanta and then it's off to Detroit where school is going to make us his return against his former team. It's an exciting roach of coming up. Is he please stay cool? We'll talk to you in a couple of days. Okay, okay, all right, there she goes, is he in Anaheim our final caller here on Dodger Talk As the Dodgers get the four nothing to win over the Pittsburgh Pirates, she mentioned Dave Roberts. Let's head back out to Dodgers Day. Let's see what the postgame comming to the Dodger skipper were.
Speaker 15: We're pitching, well, I'm starting pitching has been fantastic. You know, it's good to see Blake follow up scoopls outing, excuse me, Almamotos outing, and just getting us into the game, chance to win and be able to you know, with the off day Thursday, the off day tomorrow, the bullpen's in a good spot. I thought, Henriquez has really been throwing the baseball. Well, it was, you know, good to see the guys come in and Brock's been great and so you know, Alex worked out of a leadoff walk situation. But I thought the ball was coming out while velocity was up. So yeah, all around, good outing, and you know this, it was hot today, so it was just good to see Blake be efficient.
Speaker 3: Tyler on Tuesday, do you feel like you're really getting a really deals with this rotations looking like moving.
Speaker 11: Forward, we do.
Speaker 15: We feel good about it. I'm excited to see Tyler back and I know he's been missing competing, worked hard to get healthy, to get his pitch count up, and now finally participate. And like I said, it's gonna be a fun series here against the Braves and it'll be good to get Tyler back in the mix.
Speaker 13: How many meaningful is that Alec can hunter head contributions over the weekend?
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 15: You know, Hunter's on a nice job behind the plate, but getting some offensive production from there is great. And then you know Alec, you know, being in a different environment to throw out some big hits and driving a couple of runs was great. And he'll be out there on Tuesday and Wednesday against those guys. But yeah, I mean, he's a big league ballplayer.
Speaker 9: Did you haven't had your projected rotation all sees it long and your ideally.
Speaker 8: Just a few days from that happening.
Speaker 6: How much do you.
Speaker 5: Look forward to having your group together and the ability to kind.
Speaker 2: Of be together what October could looked like?
Speaker 15: Really excited? I think, you know, from one side, it's good for us to feel like every single night we have a chance to win with the starter on the other side. It's it's like I've used before, it's daunting as an offense opposing offense to look at the probables and you see glass now Yamamoto, SNeW Sasaki and then potentially show Hey, it's like it gets daunting. And so from our standpoint, you know, you feel like you can keep, you know, sustaining this run that we're on right now.
Speaker 2: Blake Snell said he should have been better than he was today, and obviously that's what.
Speaker 6: Makes him who he's become.
Speaker 2: How exciting is that for the future, that that's his mindset restarts in and it's another.
Speaker 11: Month of play.
Speaker 15: Like I said, you know a few weeks ago, he's on a mission. I see it. I've talked to him, and he's putting in the work. And again I like the way he's pounding the strike zone, and his slider's really good. The curveballs as good as I've seen it, and then you got his arguably his best secondary pitch to change up and the fastball is playing really well. So yeah, he could have been better, in his words, but I thought he's pretty dann good.
Speaker 2: All right, there's a manager Dave Roberts. He hit it right on the head, daunting. That is the best way to describe it. When this Dodger pitching staff is healthy and this rotation looks like it's supposed to look like with now Schoolble and Snell and Yamamoto and Glass now and what you know, sho heo Tani, I mean Sasaki, I mean look out to go into a series and to see the three starting pitchers the Dodgers just put up against the Pirates, and then look ahead of the three game series in Atlanta and see Glass now fresh ready to go, yam Sasaki pitching his best right now that he has in two.
Speaker 6: Years in the big leagues.
Speaker 2: And then Yamamoto, who's one of the top three pitchers in the National League again this year. I mean, oh, then we go to Detroit and school buls back out there. It's like, oh my goodness, this rotation is exactly what we thought it was going to be when everybody's healthy and it's getting closer and closer to getting healthy again. If you missed a show, Yo Tani will throw one more bullpen in Atlanta and then before making another decision on whether not to do that or just pitching a game, an inning or two in a start at the big league level. That could be what's next for Shoho Tani getting back on the major league mount after one more bullpen. He's gonna throw in Atlanta coming up in a couple of days. All right, that's gonna do it for Dodger Talk here on an FI seventy LA Sport.
Speaker 6: Wow, what a show that flew by.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being with us, Thanks for podcasting this well. Taking us with you wherever you're at on this Sunday afternoon. Stay cool, most importantly, wherever you're at, find some Americ conditioning hidrate. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Get ready for a busy week coming up. Dodgers having off day tomorrow. If either're having their fancy football draft, that's always exciting. And then they'll be in Atlanta Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Detroit, Friday, Saturday, Sunday as they embark on a six game East Coast road trip. Tyler Glass now rookie Sasaki Yoshini'll be Amamoto Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
Speaker 6: The probables against the Braves thanks to Colin e. As always the best of the best.
Speaker 2: Check out not quite Ringside every Saturday with he and Sammy Long from nine to ten am. If you miss it, guess what, you can podcast it right here on the iHeartRadio app. If you're listening to Dodger Talk, just put it not quite ringside and you will find the podcast as well. They got a bunch of shows you can go back and listen to interviews as well, just like Dodger Talk. So thanks for being a part of today's show again. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, sol Loo.
Speaker 6: Everybody man is doom unless scanted. The ram pass