Speaker 1: Affects everybody basically in the sound of our voice, that's right. I'm not everybody shots at Kroger, obviously, but I'd say a large majority.
Speaker 2: Dough, Yeah, but a lot of folks are affected by just that big behemoth of a company that is. And look, this concept of remote work, that is one of the things that sprung from COVID, right, and everyone had to work or we had to work from home. And then it got to be where people were like, what's work from home? Thing? Ain't bad? I the boss ain't there. I can walk my dog if I have five minutes. But I think a lot of companies found that in essence, while you may like to work from home, you most people don't necessarily work well from home, right, they don't, you know.
Speaker 1: It's apparently Kroger has found that out. Correct. Circling back to our conversation about Kroger, is that downtown, that giant building that's been down there as long as I remember, since I and I moved, been down fifty years ago. It has been kind of non occupied.
Speaker 2: Right, So yeah. According to Dan Monk's article, Kroger has about forty eight hundred local office employees and come the first of the year. They're demanding that all of them come back to the office.
Speaker 1: And we have that man with us right here, Dan Monk from the I team WCPO nine News. And so, Danielle, you're your story. You had this on a little while back, but we hadn't heard about it. But it's the first of the year, right, it's expected to do one hundred percent attendance.
Speaker 3: Now, right, that's by the way, I'm working from home right now.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, yeah, you're on the phone.
Speaker 4: Actually maybe you shouldn't tell the boss that, but I am.
Speaker 2: I'm working.
Speaker 4: I'm really working.
Speaker 1: But Dan, I mean, but they're making a big issue out of the fact that a lot of the small businesses, and I was going to ask you about that, where a lot of the small businesses they're kind of clamoring for this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they have been, and Kroger has gradually been bringing people back. I think last year it was they brought him back to maybe three days a week, and now they're bringing everybody back full time. But that is welcome news to the folks at three c DC. They say it's going to be a shot in the arm for small businesses. And what Joe Rudemiller the folk's been for three c DC told me is that you can still tell on Monday and Friday that people still work from home a lot. But he thinks a lot of the traffic and the pedestrian traffic, the energy of downtown has really come back from that Tuesday to Thursday stretch. And you know, they're getting some additional traffic from the fact that more people are living downtown, and so you know, he thinks downtown is making a comeback. But the fact that the you know, the biggest company in town is is mandating full time work at the downtown and all the local corporate offices, that's good news for the for the surrounding businesses.
Speaker 2: Well, I have to imagine the local restaurants and I have to be the biggest benefactors here. You're talking forty eight hundred employees that are now going to be back downtown on a more consistent basis, that that's going to be a big help to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's definitely true. And you hear that from restaurant tours, especially the ones on the sort of the east and the and the northern part of town where Kroger is based. And then you've got PNG and Western Southern you know, on the southeast corner of downtown, and the people that operate businesses near there are grateful for the fact that Western Southern pretty much had full time you know, work in the office very shortly after the pandemic ended. Now a lot of people are still working from home. It's like thirty five million people still work from home according to the Labor Department. That's their most recent testament in September of last year. And the executive search firm Robert Half, they did a survey and they found that eighty eight percent of employees are still offering hybrid work options. So it's it's not something that's going to go away forever. People like working at home and they demand it.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and according to your stats, are at thirty five million number. According to your request, twenty two percent of the workforce, the US workforce, that's I think it was a quarter of the American workforce works from home at least some of the time. So we know that Kroger bringing you in person work back is going to help, you know, the local community and the businesses. But what is Kroger's reason. They come out and explicitly said the reason why they want their folks back in the office.
Speaker 3: They've said that with their stores and manufacturing plants and distribution centers opening and operating around the clock, they feel like in office, expectations have to be greater for them. They think that the workplace encourages collaboration and it helps Kroger manage their business better.
Speaker 1: Well, and flipping the script here for a second, we're talking to Dan Monk from the IT team from Channel nine while they're talking about having more people in the building, the office building downtown. What's with the delivery situation that got going on? Where they're going with AI? What exactly I was? You know, I heard their story and read the story, and I still don't think I get what's going on there.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, Kroger has been trying to figure out the best way to do home delivery since twenty eighteen, and what they started with was a fleet of robot powered warehouses.
Speaker 2: They have a big one in Monroe, the.
Speaker 3: Fifty five million dollar facility where computers run around on grids and they pick the groceries and they're put in those blue trucks and they ship them to places all over all over Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. So that hub has four different satellite facilities in the Independence, Kentucky, Louisville, Indianapolis, and Columbus. And that's how Kroger delivered groceries to those markets, you know, for the last eight years. And now they're changing that because that system is geared toward next day service. That's not fast enough for Americans now and they want the capability to do same day service and they really need it because Amazon has one of a thousand cities now where you can get same day delivery of grocery. So they got to keep up with their competitors. So they're changing things around, and they've closed several of their distribution facilities to save money and also to.
Speaker 4: Make sure that.
Speaker 3: The ones they have are operating, you know, at full capacity. And then at the same time, they've signed deals with instacart, door Dash, and Uber Eats to deliver groceries on a same day basis. And so what my story is about is the implications of that for customers. And one of the things they're doing with Instacart, for example, is Instacart has an artificial intelligence tool. They call it KRT Assistance, and it's basically a chatbot that helps you build your grocery list or build your grocery order based on your preferences. And so what they say is it's a tool for meal planning and budgeting and nutrition. You can ask it to find a recipe that's healthy and it'll give you the ingredients, and they say it'll save time. But what a lot of privacy activists claim is that AI is really a tool for what they call surveillance pricing, which is arguably a predatory form of pricing, where companies collect a lot of data about you, They create a profile about you, and the whole goal there is to determine how badly you need a product, how much you'll pay for it, and whether they can get a higher price from you.
Speaker 2: Right, And then what the thought being if they all of a sudden look at the data, or I should say, AI looks at the data and data and instantaneously says, boy, this section of Cincinnati, for whatever reason, is ordering a lot of bananas. We can up the price of bananas by three cents. Right, That's kind of what they I guess the fears are that is going to happen.
Speaker 3: That's the fear. Yeah, And you know, I don't think the evidence is in on either side of this. You know, what Kroger said to me this week was that the customers who choose Instacart, that you know, the fear is that you're putting an AI tool on the Kroger app, and what kind of data will it have access to? What's it going to do with that data. At the same time, Kroger and Instacart are selling access to their customers to advertisers, and so one of the what one of the people told me from one of the privacy groups was, how do you know whether Kroger is giving you the best deal or they're just giving you a deal that makes them the most money because they have advertisers paying for access to your customers. And now that you introduce Instacart to the to the equation, how do you know it's the Instacart app that's not making the money or Instacart made in the money. So you got conflicting you know, I guess wishes here. Kroger wants to make money, Instacart wants to make money. The consumer wants the lowest price. What Kroger ultimately told me was that customers who choose Instacart as their delivery provider through the Kroger app will pay the same price as in store customers, and they'll do it in a transparent way that creates value for consumers.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, fascinating stuff, Dan Monk, We always appreciated, buddy. Thanks so much. Yep, thanks gray stuff, Dan, thank you big stuff coming to Kroger. And you think about going back to what we were talking about with the office space being filled downtown. I think you see some of these old pictures and I say old pictures of Cincinnati. I'm talking you know, yeah, mid nineties when downtown was packed right during the day. You go downtown right now, there's there's no there in the afternoon, nothing, nothing going on. No, we'll see if that that helps. Well that we head to traffic and weather. What is going on.
Speaker 5: From the UCE Health Traffic center. Man, you see health, You're going to find coumtprehensive care, soap personal makes your best tomorrow possible, bombless care for better outcomes. Expect more at ucehealth dot com. Well, seventy five traffics, so those north bound between seventy four and Paddock, it's about a ten minute trip right now. We have the delays on seventy five southbound from Monaregan Highway to Norwood lateral. With the ongoing roadwork in the lane shift in place, it's about a five minute delay. Seventy one north bound Ridge to Red Bank filling in and southbound seventy five Shepherd to Paddock is stopped and go. We also have reating at Tennessee just getting reports of an accident. Police on the scene here. Two seventy five eastbound Cameo to five mile is about a five minute drive. My ricks reproduce radio seven hundred w WELW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for Wood. Tonight, clouds now showers developed being round about midnight, talking an accumulation of less than half inch or so. Then for tomorrow, clouds and a high of thirty two. But keep your ears and eyes open because we could see some snows starting tomorrow night. We'll keep you posted. Right now it is forty two seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: All right, mister Pennay, I'm going to show you some images and you tell me what do you see? Look like a butterfly? Listening to Scott's Loan Show and this one I see a rocket ship? A rocket ship?
Speaker 4: Yeah, bless enough for the planet.
Speaker 2: Sloan, I see and this one that looks like a fish swimming in a mountain pond. Very good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but a fish is angry because he's not listening to Scott Sloan.
Speaker 2: Scott's loan, please listen responsibly.
Speaker 6: Join me, Scott Sloan tomorrow morning at nine o'clock on seven hundred wlwe might.
Speaker 2: Be best for us to discuss some strong medications.
Speaker 7: This report is sponsored by Continental Roof Company, Best Products, best Price.
Speaker 2: The first time.
Speaker 8: Continental Roof Company understands the value of family and community.
Speaker 2: He's notice Reading, singer of this song killed in a plane crash, aged twenty six. Yeah, I did not know he was that young. Ready Its Yeah, his band they made an appearance in Cleveland, Ohio on a local television show. Playing was carrying oas Ready and his band crashed around three twenty eight pm into a lake Monoma near Madison. Reading was killed along with members of his band, The bar Jay's Jimmy King were on cardwell Faelan James, Carl Cunningham, trumpet player Ben Cauley. He was actually the only man to survive the crash. Yeah, it was right after that. That's sitting on the dock of the bacon right here, cranks up a little bit awesome. This was the first dance at my wedding. Oh is that right? This was our first dance name Kellen. I chose a band, a band with you, the great song this these arms of Mine sitting on the dock of the bay. A short amount of time.
Speaker 1: I was just going to say, these arms of mine? What Devin I danced too?
Speaker 2: For that's about that's a fact you and I had the ready first first dance. Yeah, here you go. There's a good part.
Speaker 1: See we go back to what I was talking about kids these days, trying to lecture my sons on music to listen to when you're trying to get.
Speaker 2: In the mood with your lady.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, guys, little Otis Redding, a little Algrenlo little yeah, some little Marvin Gaye. Yeah, you can't go wrong. Yes, And they're like, we don't know who that is dead? Oh my god, Well find out find out you were my kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I thought I raised you better than that, right exactly. But yeah, on this day in history, nineteen six, I can't twenty six years old.
Speaker 1: Crazy, Well that's you think back on guys, like that that tunneled at twenty six. But also and not to lean on my Beatles thing too hard, But I will think about those guys. Lennon McCartney were like twenty five when they wrote some of the best pop songs of all time, when they were only like, you know, twenty years old. They wrote I want to hold your hands, she loves You. But you know, they're like twenty five twenty six writing I Am the Walrus and uh, you know, day in the Life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny, Like when I'm young, I'm thinking, Okay, these guys are like, you know, thirty five forty. They've been doing us for a long time. It's why they're so good. Well, they just had it.
Speaker 1: They broke up before they were thirty. That that in of itself is crazy.
Speaker 2: Now, Now when did they stop doing because they famously didn't perform live right after a certain time after sixty six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they.
Speaker 2: After nineteen sixty six, they never performed a concert.
Speaker 1: Well, that rooftop thing, the Roofstop and that would be sixty nine, Winner of sixty nine, and that's about as far as they went. They released Let It Be came out in like early spring of seventy and that was that. But that album had been done before their last album, which was Abbey Road.
Speaker 2: Now do you realize that if the Beatles were around today, they couldn't survive, not torn. The only way you can make these days was by touring, because there's you know, you don't get paid nothing for the Spotify's and the wherever the hell you get music these days.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, those guys make nothing. Well that's the reason people are always saying, well, why are the Stones still touring and all these old guys still touring? Well, they don't make any money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And also that's the reason these artists have all sold off their catalogs. You know, Neil Young whatever, somebody paid him hundreds of millions of dollars for his catalog and people were like, why did you do that?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 1: Are you're going to hear it like in a Chevy ad. You're going to hear them playing rocking in the free world, goes, I don't care.
Speaker 2: You get to a certain age and you go, I don't care. I I've did this and I wanted to pay off for me what I can't take it with me to my death? What's what's the difference?
Speaker 1: Well, right, you're taking care of your kids, kids, kids, kids, kids, right, end of story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but no, I mean now music is being created by a I ercent AI music is out and it's good. There's something that's good.
Speaker 1: Well that when the number one country song a couple of weeks back when then AI song?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but there is pushback, which which leads me to my next story here, ed, Uh have you seen them McDonald's commercial that was one hundred percent AI created. I never saw it on TV, but I know I guess it was coming out.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I didn't see it. I was reading the same story you have there, but I didn't see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so they again they did this commerce So that was one hundred percent AI, and the blowback from it is fierce. You know, people are are pushing back. They're like, wait a minute, we want real people, we want like what is this? People just are pushing back on all this artificial intelligence that's coming. So, uh but I saw it. You wouldn't. You wouldn't know that it was Oh is that right? Yeah? Yeah, but it is. We're going to see that more and more.
Speaker 1: I told you it was. Shoot, it was probably a year or so ago that there was a thing that popped up on I want to say my Facebook whatever. It was promo for a friends reunion show. Well, it's probably it's been a couple of years ago because it was about when what's his name died, Matthew Barry died, and so they and they were getting they put together a reunion show that they were all going to go to his They were all getting together go to his funeral, and I saw I was like, I can't believe they're doing this. Wow, that's kind of strange and weird. But I guess they're just trying to salute their buddy. And I said something to one of my sons again they're going, yeah, that's AI. It's like fold me.
Speaker 2: Increasingly, more and more you see video and yet you don't know if it's real. You see a tweet, you see something, and it makes you question even when somebody we talked about this years ago, when something is real, you're going to go, I don't know that could be AI generated.
Speaker 1: Well, something serious is going to happen, and you know it is. Something serious is going to happen, and it's going to be one of those things where whatever a certain percentage of population is going to go I don't believe that's not real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and people are going to know this is real and they're like, all right, sure that all the time.
Speaker 1: It's going to be more of the World's Part two from back in the thirties. Yeah, you know, people are gonna freak out because somebody's gonna put out there here, look at this. This Martian is walking down my street right now, and people are going to freak out.
Speaker 2: Would it change your opinion of a song if you knew it was AI another word? You heard a song like damn, that's really catch. That guy's got a great voice. Would you would inhibit your feeling of this song and whether you listen to it more or if you knew it was AI.
Speaker 1: No, not really see it would be See I'm pushing back on it, but I think I just don't know.
Speaker 2: Are we gonna get to a point where we don't know if a song is AI or real or is it gonna be kind of two separate categories like Okay, you know, here's music that's so created the old way, and we can appreciate that, but we can also appreciate this AI generated song that's just happens to be very catchy.
Speaker 1: I don't know, see, that's what I would like to think that I would push back on it, but I've finally given up the thought on it because it's kind of in my mind, it's kind of like types of food. You just kind of you just said it right there. Okay, there's good kinds of there's good kinds of country music. You're just cutting kind of opera that rock music, soul music, rap music. Okay, now there's gonna be good kinds of AI music. Does that make sense? Yeah, so you know it that falls into its own category as far as I'm concerned, Well, I hope it doesn't end up taking over.
Speaker 2: But can you truly appreciate the soulfulness of the song and the meaning for sure, knowing that it's not done by a person who had a real experience.
Speaker 1: Dude, you just played that Otis Redding song. There No computer can do that.
Speaker 2: I don't think so, But I think they can. That's what's scary. It's gonna try it can create a voice as good as his soulful, But again, knowing that that's a real person and the struggles and all that, I think it makes you appreciate the song. But if it was just completed on a on a computer or keyboard. Would you feel the same about that otis writing song that remains to be seen. I don't think I would, but you know, but then again, does like most things, over time, you just kind of say, well, I enjoy this, So.
Speaker 1: That's kind of That's what That's the way I'm looking at it. I think that we're all going to cave to it sooner or later as it well, because right now, the thought of AI actors and stuff like that, it's freaking everybody out. But hey, the next five years, you know, I'll go see an AI movie just if somebody tells me it's good.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know how how I feel about it, but I know initially i'll push back. But does it get the point where you go, why why fight this? I'm I mean, you know it's enjoyable, so do it.
Speaker 1: Well, let's see what's going on with the real life traffic outside. I don't know if he's.
Speaker 2: Real or not.
Speaker 5: Hey, just remember I heard we're getingaranteed human We don't have to worry about this stuff so far.
Speaker 2: Guaranteed. Who's the end of the year.
Speaker 1: Don't look over your shoulders Son.
Speaker 2: Just check your email.
Speaker 5: From the UCAL Drific Center you see health. You'll find countprehensive course so personal, make sure best tomorrow possible, bombless care for better outcomes. Expect more at u seehealth dot com. Seventy five north bound Mitchell to Pattick is about a ten minute trip right now, and the good news is we're a light on accidents, which is what we really like writing at Tennessee. We do have a crash being cleaned up. With the freeways overall and moving pretty well. We do have the usual afternoon so down seventy one north Bomba Red Bank and seventy five southbound Shepherd to Paddock is about a seven minute trip. And of course because of the work on seventy five southbound from Wa Reagan Highway to Norwoodland Or, we have about a seven minute drive here now on seventy five north bound Glendale Milford T two seventy five are filming in getting reports now in Kentucky, a a problem on seventy five north of Kyles Lane. It's a breakdown. It's on the right shoulder. I'm Rich Rump. Here's radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: A forecast from a seven hundred WLW Weather Center for tonight clouds, snow showers developing round about midnight, talking an accumulation of less than half inch or so. Then for tomorrow, clouds and a high of thirty two. But keep your ears and eyes open because we could see some snows starting tomorrow night. We'll keep you posted. Right now, it is forty two seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: They talk Red's baseball, and you listen to them talk Red's baseball. It really couldn't be easier. Oh Reg's hot stove. Leave tonight at six on seven hundred WLW, the Home of the Reds.
Speaker 11: This report is sponsored by Jake Swingey Automotive, serving the Tri State for over one hundred years.
Speaker 2: It's Red Tag time at Jake Swinney Chevrolet. Together, let's drive back the curve.
Speaker 1: From our activity off the air. The University of Eastern Finland has set out to see who uses the F word the most of English speaking countries. So they went with the most common or most thought of English speaking countries, America, Australia and the UK. Americans by far outnumber everybody else. Drop in the F bomb.
Speaker 2: Really, I would have thought in the UK, they I know folks over there and they say it a lot too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they came in second then Australia. But I love this Australians. They found that Australians are the most creative in their use of them.
Speaker 2: They used it as adverbs and past participleism, all that. Well.
Speaker 1: The Brits used some words that if you use that in common conversation here people, we're gonna uh a woman especially smack them out of you. Yes, but how they accomplished this. The team examined over four point eight billion words posted by four hundred over four hundred and thirty five thousand X users from the United States, UK and Australia between six and twenty three. They blah blah blah focused on the F bomb the but it said most people thought the Australians were going to be the winners, but it said contrary to that. That's the reason they get the most creative because like you said, they're those people that stick it in the middle of a three syllable word. You know what I'm saying, I appreciate a good creative use of the F word. Correct the swear words. Smith's from down under blah where they get the creator the creative part use twenty one hundred and sixty spelling variants of the word, compared to nineteen hundred and sixty nine in the United twenty one hundred and sixty spelling variants on it.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So you replace the C with a Q and all that kind of stuff there along the way. And according to Blah Blah blah, drop f bombs and social media, it's swearing with the exceedingly rear in circles of fewer than fifteen people, no matter how much they know each other. So in other words, if it's just me and you talk, I'm more more likely to drop the F bomb. And that for a bunch of people around are going to be like, you know, mind your p's and q's.
Speaker 2: I try to stop cussing. I think it might be my New Year's resolution. Of course it's been a year New Year's resolution many times. But I can't you stop fighting it. I did. I gave up a long time.
Speaker 1: With that. We coming up speaking of a dropping F bomb. We're gonna be talking about football.
Speaker 2: Yes, we got Glenn Clark. It's Ravens Week again and we talked to our good buddy Glenn Clark of the Glen Clark radio show out of Baltimore, talking a Little Bengals the Ravens.
Speaker 1: After the News News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: News Traffic and Weather. News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 6: The parent of a student at Kentucky State University charged in yesterday's shooting. This is the four o'clock report. I'm Matt Reeves breaking now. The man who allegedly opened fire on the campus of Kentucky State in Frankfurt was forty eight year old Jacob Lee Bard. He's charged with murder and assault and is the parent of a kid who goes to KSU.
Speaker 12: Sir Bard is a resident of Evansville, Indiana. Our investigation has determined that mister barn is a parent of the Kentucky State University student.
Speaker 6: Scott Tracy is the Frankfurt Assistant Chief of Police. Governor Basheer says it appears there was an ongoing dispute and this was not the case of a mass or active shooter. Records show the suspect was allegedly in a fight before shooting the two victims. Student who died in yesterday's shooting was nineteen year old Jujon Fox. Another victim remains hospitalized in intensive care and at Kentucky State University classes activities have been canceled for the rest of the week because of yesterday's shooting. And now we checked the roads for you. We have the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 5: From the UC Health Traffic Center at Jucy Health. You're going to find comprehensive caresel person to make your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at UCHealth dot com. Well, right now, traffic on the seventy five is sewing. I shall make your way southbound nor from Ronald Reagan Highway to Norwood Lateral and seventy five south from the viaduct to the Brench Spence Bridge is about a five minute trip north bout seventy five, so s Mitchell de Paddock and we're looking at seventy one heavy north bound between Smith Edwards and Fifer, about a ten minute trip through the area. Also on seventy one north bound ken Wood to fIF we're seeing pockets of heavy traffic and writing at tennessee the accident here's still being cleaned up. Now on to seventy five westbound between Highway four ninety five and the Indiana Kentucky state line traffic is stop and go here, so we're going to see delays at the Carrol Cropper Bridge because of the ongoing bridge work bym Rich Rep Nears Radio seven hundred double d wellw now.
Speaker 13: The latest forecast from the No Feared Dentist Weather Center Advanced dentistry the thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck. We're here for you. No Fear Dentist dot Com got.
Speaker 6: A slight chance of rain and snow tonight, then just a chance of snow through the overnight hours. Mostly cloudy, windy, with a low twenty five. Snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. Tomorrow, cloudy day thirty two, eighty percent chance of snow on Thursday night, mainly through the overnight, a low twenty eight with an accumulation of new snow two to four inches possible. On Friday of fifty percent chance of snow. That's mainly before one in the afternoon. Cloudy with a high thirty four and a new snow accumulation Friday of one to two inches. Slight chance of more snow Friday night, mostly cloudy, low twenty two. Saturday chance of snow in the afternoon, cloudy and a high of twenty six. Snow likely again on Saturday night with a low of five above and mostly Sunday. Sunday a high of just fourteen. We have thirty nine now, gusts about twenty five miles an hour, and we have some scattered light showers in the area. Department of Homeland Security confirming an agreement to purchase some Boeing seven thirty seven jets for deportation proceedings. Those planes expected to allow ICE to operate more effectively, including by using more efficient flight patterns. Ices previously relied on charter planes when carrying out deportations. As expected, Federal Reserve has moved to lower its key interest rate by a quarter of a point third such cut this year.
Speaker 7: Despite signs of slowing in the labor market. The fedchair offers an optimistic outlook for twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: AI spending will continue, the consumer continues to spend.
Speaker 7: And Jerome Powell says he sees solid growth next year. Still, Powell is coy about plans for future rate cuts.
Speaker 2: We're well positioned to wait and see how the economy evolves from here.
Speaker 7: The fence open market committee was somewhat split on this move, with nine votes in favor and three against, including a Trump appointed FED governor who wanted a half point rate cut and two regional bank presidents who would have kept rate steady. Stephen port Noy, ABC News Washington.
Speaker 6: If you like to play the lottery extra incentive tonight, nobody's won in the past forty drawings of Powerball jackpot, now at nine hundred and thirty million dollars for tonight's drawn.
Speaker 10: Seven one hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 14: He's a BENGALSVA Bengals signing wide receiver Xavier Johnson to their practice squad today. He's a first year player out of Ohio State, a Cincinnati native, and attended Summit Country Day. Linebacker Shamar Stewart back at practice since the knee injury sidelined him in mid November. T Hang is limited in the workout. Red's update. Get the latest on the winter meetings tonight. Hot Stove League six oh five. You're on seven hundred WLW. Kyle Swarber spoke today about staying with the Phils.
Speaker 2: Oh I want to see this through.
Speaker 3: I want to win in a World Series in Philadelphia, and I want to win more.
Speaker 2: Than one free ation.
Speaker 14: Pe Alonso gets a five year, one hundred and fifty five million dollar deal to join the Baltimore Orioles. Bill Dennison seven undred w WELW Sports.
Speaker 2: And on Wall Street.
Speaker 6: This afternoon at the closing bell, a pretty good end of the day for the Dow up about five hundred points, SP five hundred and forty six NASDAK up one hundred and eight. Next news coming up at four thirty Matt REEVESNOWS Radio seven hundred double D Well Double D.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by Mel's Auto Glass.
Speaker 15: Mel's Auto Glass is a clear choice for your autoglass repair, replacement and recalibration needs. Call Mels first at five one, three, five six, three seventy seven seventy one and let Melton time to talk a little football line.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is and ed. While the Bengals realistic hopes for the playoffs are all but gone. I mean there is a mathematical scenario if he involves some ties, and I think the you know, the Hayley's common has to come by at a certain time of the year. The Baltimore Ravens are still in it. They're number two in the AFC North and that's their path is the one. The division. Steelers are on top right now, and we always love Steelers excuse me, Ravens week because it allows us to talk to our good buddy Glenn Clark of the Glen Clark Radio Show. Glenn, how are you, brother Iraqi?
Speaker 16: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: Eddie?
Speaker 16: I need to ask you because Rock was on with me this morning and like really made it seem like it is about the worst week in Cincinnati there's ever been. And I'm struggling with that because you know, the Bengals just pasted the race in two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: On the well, I think Rock might have been talking about the overall experience of like the last two weeks. Glenn, Right, Swarber is not a possibility now, but then what it was two weekends ago? All the basketball teams lost, the football teams all lost. Yeah, Now Schwarz is not coming to town. That's there'll be a blue Christmas run here, Glenn.
Speaker 16: Sudden, Suddenly in Baltimore things not that believe because we got Pete Alonzo, so all of a sudden, things aren't that bad here in Baltimore. We were disappointed about obviously, I get that it's different because he's from there. But we were bummed a best Schwarber too, but they made up for that besigning Pete alonzo O today, gotcha.
Speaker 2: So so Glenn, the way, what I'm reading here is for the Ravens, their path to the playoffs is the win the division whin the FC North, which has been pretty mediocre overall this year. So what they would have to new is they got to beat the Bengals. They got to beat the Steelers in Week eighteen, and then they got two other games that are not easy, got the Patriots and the Packers. I guess they got to split those and that would propel them to the top. Is that how you see it?
Speaker 16: Yeah, but they would still require the Steelers, like you can assume they would probably lose the Lions in there. But if the Steelers don't lose three games, the Ravens really do have to win out. So it might require the Steelers having to lose the Dolphins on Monday Night as well, which is you know, the Dolphins are red hot, right they won five of their last six. Maybe that's possible, but it is in Pittsburgh, so I wouldn't feel good about it, like it is venturing into the territory of the Ravens might well have to win out in order to get in, and like that is really perilous given the skin schedule that you're talking about. Like they look, if the Steelers go three and one, or the Steelers go two and two, they go three and one, they can make up the game. They get the Steelers and you're just playing with the tide breakers and they should have the common opponent's tide breakers, So like it's possible, but man, you're playing with fire different that And the problem is whether it's three and one or four and oh, Rack, there's just no reason to feel good about this team winning any of these games. Like the easiest win that was left on their schedule was at home against Pittsburgh and they lost that game. So I don't know how anybody feels good about anything that's ahead for this Ravens team at the moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's possible, but yes, it's not going to be easy. But Okay, then it comes down to are the Baltimore Ravens a team that can make a run and win this thing out late in the season here, And to me, that all comes down to lamar Jack. Look, it always comes down to your team's best player. How are they performing late in the season, your best players? I should say I don't know, Glenn, Lamar Jackson a couple weeks ago that the Thanksgiving Night game against the Bengals, he just does not look himself. He hasn't looked him the dynamic, just ultimate threat that he's looked in the past. Glenn, is that a mirage or is that something that's going to get better? How do you see Lamar Jackson in his future? Here?
Speaker 16: It's funny what you're saying, Rock, because the question is the answer. The answer is the question right Like, yes, the Ravens still have a chance because they do have Lamar Jackson. And if suddenly on Sunday in Cincinnati Lamar Jackson looks like Lamar Jackson again, then they're gonna have a chance to win any game that they can play, because that's what their organization has been for the last few years they've been. They've been good teams, but they've been good teams wildly propped up by Lamar Jackson being either the best or one of the two or three best players in the entire league. To your point, he hasn't been anything close to that of late, and it's a complicated story. The offensive line is terrible. The guard position has been a massive problem for the Ravens this season. They haven't really experimented with trying anything else. I just continue to stick it out and they're not getting better results. Then you add to it the number of injuries. The hamstring injury that cost him three weeks, and then after he came back, he missed practices with designations to the knee, the toe, and the ankle, and then today he just didn't practice again, and the Ravens are just saying, well, this is just a rest day, and like, you sure, fine. I mean, he's dealt with a lot of injuries, but what you've seen on the field has looked like a team that's needed to have more days working together because it's just not working. So could it happen? I guess it could happen. But he's not been right rock Like, he's just been a shell of himself, frankly, And some of that might be him trying to adjust to I want to extend my career, I don't want to run more in general, but there have been times there have been large swaths of real estate in front of him on third down plays and he simply said, I'm not going to run, which makes you assume it's more related to all the injuries he dealt with this season, and he got stepped on again at practice last week. It is really difficult to figure it out. In the second half against the Steelers, there were moments where he looked like himself again. If maybe he's coming around, then who knows. But they're out of time for it to happen.
Speaker 1: Glenn, I was going to ask you that the very question is in a matter of him not him not being able to do it or not wanting to do it.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's a great question, and he's been asked the question a number of times, and he's sort of dodgy whenever anyone asks them about the injuries, like he says, well, I'm out there, so I'm good, right, Like he just doesn't And then John Harbaugh's dodgy when asked about it. And a year ago we started to see Lamar try to run a little bit less, and then now he's ad historic numbers this year. This is by far the least he's ever run per game. But here ago we started to see it, and then there was a famous moment where he kind of laughed and said, yeah, my mom was cussing me out because I'm not running enough. And we could tell that there was a purposeful change that he wanted to hang in the pocket more and let plays develop. And I get it, like he doesn't. He wants his career to last until he's forty. And I understand all of those things. But this season has not been.
Speaker 2: The year for that.
Speaker 16: Like they they don't have the offensive line for him to hold up and it's just not working, and the fact that he's still unwilling to do it. I keep leaning back to it. It's got to be the totality of the injury.
Speaker 2: It's such a hard thing, Glenn, when you talk about a quarterback, and especially a guy who's a dual threat or a runner like or not adul threat like Lamar Jackson. It's so hard to say, boy, he's got a change and has evolved, he's got to run less, because it's like you kind of are what you are, and you got to you on one hand, you got to play to your strengths. We can talk about Joe Flaccough and how he does such a good job of getting rid of the ball and not taking sacks and throwing the ball in the dirtble. Joe Flacco's never been able to run and if he if he could, he would have, right, So you kind of in a way you want to, you know, extend your career. But on the other hand, if you want to be the best, you got to do what got you there, right, And you know this really well.
Speaker 16: I'll give you an example on Sunday against the Steelers. In the first half, the Steelers thought Lamar was such a non threat to run that in a short yarded situation, they ran at a run play to Derrick Henry and TJ. Watt didn't even bother looking at Lamar and he got Derrick Henry for a four yard loss in the backfield. And you would never see that in a world where on film they're running our pos Lamar's taking off. You have to be honest, you have to stay in the lane, and that presents him the opportunity to make the one on one play. And so I'm really interested in like they have to be seeing the same things on film. And they, by the way, they did start running some RPOs in the second half and it worked. They actually scored a touchdown to play the one that counted to Isaiah Likely when like the three defenders all think that Lamar is going to keep the ball because they had seen a couple of RPOs run on the same drive and then they left Isaiah Likely wide open in the end zone. But this argument has existed for forever that Lamar was going to have to run less. And as I've said a million times the injury argument, quarterbacks get hurt in the pocket statistically more than they get hurt wield and Lamar Jackson in particular, you know, I was so fast that he never took big hits downfield, like all of the big hits he took were in the pocket because he knew when the hits were coming and he avoided them. He got down or he got out of bounds. So this hasn't a really complicated topic that he just doesn't give clear answers about. And that makes it frustrating because when he's full Lamar Jackson, he is one of one. He is the most unique talent we.
Speaker 2: May have seen in the NFL.
Speaker 16: When he's Lamar Jackson doesn't run, he's still an incredibly capable thrower of the football. He's one of the more precise throwers of the football in the league the last couple of years. But he's not one of one. He's a good football player. That guy is one of the best that we've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Correct, Glenn Clark's join us. Make sure you check him out on Twitter at Glenn Clark Radio and Glenn Last question, I did not watch the Ravens Steelers game last week. Let's take Lamar Jackson and his health and his play out of it. What is the biggest strength of this Ravens team as you see it right now, and what's their biggest vulnerability?
Speaker 16: Wait, I'm struggling to figure out what their strength is. Talent. Yeah, there's not a lot that they do terribly well. I mean, their defensive started laying better. It had been woeful for the first few weeks the season, had started playing better for five weeks, and then the Bengals game happened and Joe Burrow did whatever he wanted to do in the second half, and they haven't recorded a sack in the last couple of weeks. After things had been a lot better with Raymond Jones. I still think their secondary is pretty good, but your secondary can only be so good if there's no pressure, Like, if you're letting Joe Burrow have an eternity, he's gonna pick you apart.
Speaker 4: And he's Joe Burrow.
Speaker 16: He's one of the best players in the NFL. So I don't know short of you know, when Lamar Jackson looks like Lamar Jackson again, then this team looks good. Keaton mitchellill give you. I'll give you one name if Keaton Mitchell plays, and he'd practiced today, so I think there's a good chance. Keaton Mitchell was an undrafted running back out of East Carolina. His father was a rave and won a Super Bowl here. He's a great story, but he has really provided them because they have not been able to run between the tackles with Derek Henry the way they did last year. That's how bad the guard play is. He gets to the edge and he makes plays. He it's a burst. So that's one thing that's been a really pleasant story line for the Ravens. He was inactive earlier, but he's made a huge difference. That's one thing to keep an eye on.
Speaker 1: All right, With that, Glenn, we will let you go, buddy, Thanks so much.
Speaker 16: Always a pleasure, Eddie Rocky, Happy holidays, appreciate you guys, and the same to.
Speaker 2: You, sir, Well you're the man, buddy, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Glenn Clark. We'll see. But yeah, like you said, a lot of faith in him right now, Jackson. Why I love what he said there when when Jackson's Jackson, he's he is one of one.
Speaker 2: He's good and he does make a good point because I've always felt the same way, and the numbers show it a lot of times. You know, the most of the injuries of a quarterback happened in the pocket, taking the blind side hit and you know and all that, and Lamar Jackson, you rarely see him take a big shot, unlike you know, Jackson Dart who took off and ran down and shid he took from the bail. My god, he's running down the sideline, just gets absolutely just I mean, just hit stick out of bounds, as if he didn't know that the linebackers are actually going to hit him. But mar Jackson need he don't take those hits. He gets down. He knows how to do it, so I don't know they need him to just cut of loose and let it rip, hopefully for the Bengals sake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's so concerned about Yeah, yeah, with that, we check in with traffic and weather. What is going on from the u see Health Traffic Center. At you see Health, You're going to find comprehensive care so personal, makes your best tomorrow possible, boondless care for better outcomes. Expect more at u seehealth dot com. A couple of problems on two seventy five eastbound before Loves with Madeira. We've got two right lanes block. This is about an hour delay now from Moss Teller with this accident to clean up is underway. A crash on the ramp of two seventy five westbound off after northbound seventy five in a while, and a breakdown on seventy five southbound to two seventy five in Kentucky has crews on the scene. Seventy five northbound Mite to Paddock about a ten minute trip and we're looking at about a ten to fifteen minute drive now on seventy one northbound normal Ladal Torontald Reagan Cross County Highway southbound seventy five Sugish Glendale, Milford to town. We also have two seventy five Highway four ninety five to the Indiana Kentucky state line with about a twenty minute trip. Now my ricks Shrep News Radio seven hundred W tylwforecat from a seven hundred WLW weather center. For tonight clouds now showers developing round about midnight, talking an accumulation of less than half inch or so. Then for tomorrow clouds am a high of thirty two. But keep your ears and eyes open because we could see some snows starting tomorrow night. We'll keep you posted right now. It is forty two seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: Is it true Tom Brenneman was the bass player in a punk band called Mush Potato.
Speaker 2: That is mostly not true.
Speaker 10: Is it true that Tom Brenneman can speak to dolphins but chooses not too because of their attitude? It sounds possible, but not true. Is it true that listening to Tom Brenham and make sure morning better one is true? Please join me in the morning for the latest news, weather, traffic, sports, at a truckload more. To get your day started right, Come Brenhaman tomorrow morning at five am on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: This report is sponsored by Audible. Audible's romance collection has something to satisfy every sight of you. Fall for a brooding duke dive into a steamy romance series from Sarah J.
Speaker 1: Mitt Back with Eddie and Rocky Here on Wednesday, there means coming up at five o'clock we will be talking to Willy.
Speaker 2: And these days, what are the two most popular numbers? Oh? What is it? The sixty six seven? Six seven? And this is one of those things if if someone was for another planet and you tried to explain why everyone, young people especially literally lose their mind when six seven, sixty seven or those numbers come up, you would it would be impossible to explain exactly what it is. And of course, so if you go back in the history of it, there was like a like a song by Scrilla that had that in it, and then it became you know, then there was a tribute. There's like a Cincinnati guy was involved in it somehow, because we're always the center of the universe here in Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Six to seven is like a basketball player that was in the song.
Speaker 2: And yeah, the old balls six seven, and then something like like was it right an six seven? Anyway, But it's like jen alpha, which I guess is the new term for like the young young people just just absolutely lose their minds. And if you've seen online, if you're at a store or someplace and sixty seven gets mentioned, or a score of a game is six to seven, lose their minds. Sure well, the ones I've seen these viral videos of In and Out Burger were like literally like mobs and mobs of kids all arm was selling phones. Sit in an In and Out Burger and wait for you know, order number sixty one, order number sixty two, and then when order sixty seven comes up, just completely lose it like it's the greatest thing in the world, like they just found a million dollars. Right. So In and Out has removed sixty seven from their ordering system. In and Out one of the many fast food restaurants that harness system that links a customer's order with a certain number, you know, between one and ninety nine. In September, a customer filmed the exuberant scene that unfolded inside the burger changed locations when an employee caught out sixty seven, just as I described. According to people, multiple In and Out employees recently noticed the ordering system has jumped from sixty six to sixty eight, with one worker at a restaurant in La telling the outlet sixty seven suddenly disappeared around a month ago, and they also said that the number sixty nine has also disappeared. Now see now that was the number that we all thought was funny when I was young.
Speaker 1: For sure, absolutely since whatever happened to sixty nine, yeah, that made more sense and that was that was good humor.
Speaker 2: But sixty whatever. Uh, there's no telling of the change will be a permanent one. Uh. There's some evidence that suggests the trend, you know, it might have kind of flamed out a little bit, but still well so, very much alive in many parts of the country.
Speaker 1: As with anything like this, when adults start noticing it's happening, the kids lose interest.
Speaker 2: Right because then when the adults start it's like, oh, sixty seven, they're like, it's lame now, so we gotta exactly yeah, And I mean my five year old, we'll run around the house going six seven, six seven and again sold like a football game, and it was seven to six. He goes six seven, like what is going on? And then they all the other two just pi along because they think it's hilarious, and I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, well, see that's your kids are just now getting to that age. Yeah, my boys are they're they're they're twenties now, and I'll tell something that I think is cool and they give you the look of h well, it's like I toold earlier. We were talking about soul music. When I said, hey, man, listen, listen, notice ready, listen to Marvin Gaye that kind of stuff. They're like, yeah, okay, I got.
Speaker 2: A pin in it there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, uh rock And speaking of the youngsters, this happened in northern China and unidentified twenty three year old man there one contest. It was at a shopping mall. What kind of contest did he win? Funny you should ask. He was the winner in the lying flat on a mattress contest? How long get it to me? The contest at the mall started. This was happened a couple of weeks back. Started with about two hundred and forty people lying flat on mattresses. One hundred and eighty six of them had quit within twenty four hours. After thirty three hours and nine minutes, just three contestants were left. And that's when the organizers up the competition by making the contestants raise their arms and legs so This is like one of those old dance marathons you see from like the nineteen twenties or something, where people were dancing until they passed out and stopped.
Speaker 2: Are those contests were you could kiss the longest time? And all that?
Speaker 1: We did that at EBN? What time there was who could kiss a car the longest or some siche?
Speaker 2: I forget what did they win the car? Somebody did? You well?
Speaker 1: So they just basically everybody else passed hours? Uh, I said the prize winner. My girlfriend had sent me the link to the competition and suggested I give it a shot. His prize rock Check this out? You think the powerball something? The kid won four hundred and twenty bucks.
Speaker 2: That's it for How long do you leg in?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: For about thirty over thirty three hours? About three three and a half hours. Apparently, Wow, is he allowed to flip over? I see it after a while. You have to it just says lying flat. So I don't know if you just have to lay there with your arms and legs stretched out flat on your lea.
Speaker 2: And I was wondering, too, are you could you have slept? I guess doesn't have Probably be the best way to do it. If you could sleep, but if you don't toss.
Speaker 1: And turn, then there you go, you'd probably roll over.
Speaker 2: Hey real quick, I'm sorry, I'm just seeing this breaking news here again. This is from Pete Famil at ESPN. Sharon Moore has been fired by Michigan.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the fire is set to be for cause. Oh so what does that mean? ESPN's sources of Michigan has fired head coach Sharon Moore. That's that's wild. Who knows for cause? For cause? Now? What's what my first thought is is, I don't know if you knew this, but the great Kerry Combs just last week signed to be the Special teamis coach at Michigan's. So what does that mean for him? And everybody?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 2: Austin, our producer is crying and i'man just a puddle of tears right now, that of this negative news about Michigan, but that school up north that's shocked to hear this. Guys, really you can't believe it. Cobsmacked, I tell you, Do you have any theories Austen on what happened or I've just I just saw it. I didn't know any if any other news was out. There's some reports about maybe some inappropriate relations. But we don't know that for sure yet, but I wouldn't be surprised. But yeah, but you don't want to speculate. Yeah, I wish would have to do that. Not in that business. We don't do that rules up there. I don't think they do.
Speaker 1: We'll keep you posted as this develops, but right now we tick in with traffic and weather. What's going on.
Speaker 5: From the UC Health Traffic Center. At you see Health, you'll find comprehensive care. So personal'll make your best to moral possible bomb this care for better outcomes. I expect more U seehealth dot com. Seventy one south before reading. Accident takes up the center lane two seventy five east bound before leveling Madeira. We have two right lanes blocked and at accident has over an hour delay. Ronald Reagan Highway at seventy one a crash about a fifteen minute delay. Two lanes are taken up and we have so downs back to Plainfield two seventy five westbound off amp to seventy five here in Ohio is where we've got to police cleaning up that crash. Also about a twenty minute trip now seventy one northbound between Montgomery and Feiffer seventy five southbound Glendiale Milford Town is about a fifteen minute drive. My bricks Shrep News Radio seven hundred double d WELW a.
Speaker 1: Forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for tonight clouds, snow showers developing round about midnight, talking an accumulation of less than half inch or so. Then for tomorrow, clouds and a high of thirty two. But keep your ears and eyes open because we could see some snows starting tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: We'll keep you posted.
Speaker 1: Right now. It is forty two seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Willie is the one person I know I can count.
Speaker 12: On, my friend.
Speaker 2: I want you to know that I Bill Cunningham am here for you. It makes me feel good to be an American.
Speaker 8: Let me help ease your concerns, keep you informed, and raise your spirits.
Speaker 2: I'd rather have my arm gnawed off by beavers than this Willie show.
Speaker 8: I'm here for you.
Speaker 2: All you have to do is listen to me the great America.
Speaker 11: I want to be a great American.
Speaker 2: Just like Willie. Bill Cunningham. Tomorrow at twelve noon on seven hundred W l.
Speaker 15: W, this report is sponsored by Land of Illusion Christmas Glow.
Speaker 1: Experience, the Midwest's largest Christmas village. At Land of Illusion, over three million derived through luck. All right back with Eddie and Rocky and uh story out of Michigan Development.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sharon Moore has been fired. And let's see here looking up Pete Pete family here around here. I just had it. Huh, let me go.
Speaker 4: On.
Speaker 2: You have m head coach Sharan Moore has been terminated with cause effective immediately following a university investigation. Credible evidence was found that Coach Moore engaged in an inappropriate relationship with the staff membre d. It's undefeated, untied, unscored upon throughout human history, man has crippled and tumbled the mightiest of men.
Speaker 1: I tell you it's of course, it's tempting, and of course it's easy when you're around somebody like that every single day.
Speaker 2: But just can't do it. And I guess these these coaches, you know, they they it is a hard, stressful thing, and I guess you know, maybe you just need a five minute just escape. Not justifying it, but I'm saying that's what I think happens. I'm sure you know, getting four hours of sleep every night you and then you're like, God needs something to kind of distract me.
Speaker 1: Stress relief, stress relief. Yeah, that's all it is. Maybe that's what happened with Belichick. He's been frustrated all these years, so finally he snapped after he got out of coaching and just took up with a twenty three y old girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Austin is reporting that Brian Kelly is being considered as I'm just kidding. I made that up, but he would. He said that in the hallway, and I was like, that would be fantastic. I should go after Scott Saderfield. Guys, uh, I said Tom Brady gave him to go back and coach. He wouldn't do it in a million years member making ten million a game calling games.
Speaker 1: Right, jeez, And look, well that's a topic for another day. But play by play guys who kind of have flamed out, And I don't know that that never seemed like a good I did in me rock Tom Brady, don't play by play or analysts.
Speaker 2: Analysts. Yeah, I think he's okay. I don't think he's phenomenal, But he's no boyman. He's no appointment, No, of course not. But but Uh, yeah, he's getting paid lot of money. I just never I did the math. I'm like, how they I mean, what they're making per game must be just absolutely extraordinary to give him a you know, million dollar contract.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm going to ask you. I mean, obviously you know a lot more about that kind of stuff than than your average bear. But when that number came out, it was like, how you are you guys making way more money on games that not aware of It's insane.
Speaker 2: I know what I make a game, and it ain't that. Yeah it was ten years, Yeah, I was, you know about ten years, three hundred and seventy five million dollars.
Speaker 1: That's nuts, man, Hey, not badcoined if you can, if you get.
Speaker 2: It, man, good, good for him, good for him. Well maybe so it is Wednesday, and so maybe we'll talk about h this the shrowing Moore situation with a good friend really cunning him.
Speaker 1: Get to will He started on, well, look, we know what's gonna happen as soon as we start talking about that, just like I went to Belichick, He's going to switch immediately to talking about Belichick and his twenty five year old girlfriend.
Speaker 2: It was easily maybe we should do this either this one's there. Next revisit his favorite topics of the year. And I already know what number one is. It's Jordan Hudson and Bill belichicks exactly. That carried thirty five percent of his content. Oh for the year question, no question between Jordan Hudson and Bill Belichick and Richard K. Jones. I bet you that was half of his shoe.
Speaker 1: That's that's pretty easy. Cats right there. I ain't gonna judge it on that. Well, we'll talk to the man himself. That's after the news right now, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: News Traffic and Weather. News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 6: US takes control of a Venezuelan tanker. This is the five o'clock report. I'm Matt Reeese breaking now the latest heat on Venezuela. The President Trump confirming this afternoon the United States has seized an oil tanker.
Speaker 17: We've just seized a tanker on the coast of VENEZUELA large tanker, very large, largest one ever sees. Actions and other things are happening.
Speaker 6: Fifteen thousand American forces are in that region, including the USS Gerald Ford. The White House has accused of Venezuelan government of sponsoring drug traffickers and has attacked boats suspected of hauling drugs. Now, we have the latest on your drive home, latest traffic and weather together from the U.
Speaker 5: SEE Health Traffic Center and you see Health. You'll find comprehensive care so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. Boundless care for better outcomes, expect more. You see health dot com.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: On seventy one south bound, we are looking at Gilbert. Just before Gilbert Or an accident takes up the center lane delays the taft to seventy five Ive spaund before lovel Madere. The accident here has now about a ninety minute delay. It was as we have the two right lanes taken up. Traffic is sewing from Mosteller Ronald Reagan Highway at seventy one. Accident with the two lanes block delays to Plainfield about a twenty minute slow down to seventy five Westpound off ramp to seventy five. We have the crasher there on the ramp. Also, we're watching sow down down seventy five northbound Norwood Lateral, getting reports of an accident here and on to seventy five eastbound at Kemoga crash that's taking up the left lane. My bricks reproduce Radio seven hundred WD well w now.
Speaker 13: The latest forecast from the No Feared Dentist Weather Center Advanced Dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck. We're here for you. No Fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 6: Got some snow in the forecast. A slight chance of rain tonight and snow before two in the morning, and then a chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, windy with a little twenty five. New accumulation of less than a half inch possible Tomorrow, cloudy thirty two. Tomorrow night, there's an eighty percent chance of snow mainly overnight with a low twenty eight and the new accumulation of two to four inches possible Tomorrow night. Fifty percent chance of snow on Friday, mainly before one in the afternoon, cloudy at a high thirty four, new accumulation one to two inches possible. Friday night, slight chance of more snow low twenty two. Chance of snow on Saturday as well. Twenty six. Saturday night snow likely before the early hours of the overnight. Mostly cloudy with a low of five above mostly sunny, very cold on Sunday and looking at a high of fourteen thirty seven is our temperature now scattered light showers, winds gusting to about thirty miles an hour. There's a boil water advisory for the city of Williamstown because of a water main break. It covers anyone who gets their water from Williamstown, which includes people who live in Dry Ridge. Don't know yet the motive, but the parent of a student at k Kentucky State University charge after that shooting on campus yesterday. Suspect forty eight year old Jacob Lee Bard and a student a KSU Dejohn Fox was shot and killed. Another victim remains in intensive care. Scott Tracy is the assistant chief of Police and Frankfurt.
Speaker 12: We want to reassure the community that this was an isolated incident involving these specific individuals and there are no active safety concerns on the campus of Kentucky State University at this time.
Speaker 6: In Ohio, it's now up to Governordwine if Senate Bill fifty six becomes law. The measure involves new restrictions on intoxicating hemp in the state. Ohio Senator Steve Huffman was Scott Sloan earlier.
Speaker 2: Today it's mears federal law.
Speaker 9: We also put in the bill and loss none of the non codified section of the House and Senate. If the Fed has changed that and allow for the beverages, we will come back and make a good faith effort to carve out regulation allowing for THHC beverages to be sold for now. The measure also has a number of new restrictions on legal marijuana in the state, taking away protections involving parental rights, making marijuana from other states illegal, and more. Powerball drawing jackpot now at nine hundred and thirty million dollars for tonight's drawing. Nobody has won the past forty drawings. Mortgages car loans about to get less expensive. That's because the Federal Reserve is lowering interest rates by a quarter percentage point. And at the closing bell, the Dow rose four hundred and ninety seven to forty eight fifty seven, SB five hundred gain forty six, and Nasdaq was up seventy seven.
Speaker 2: Seven one hundred. WLW Sports Here's.
Speaker 14: A Bengals F A Bengals cigning wide receiver Xavier Johnson to their practice squad today. He's a first year player out of the Ohio State, a Cincinnati native, and attended Summit Country Day. Linebacker Shamar Stewart back at practice since the knee injury sidelined him at mid November. T Hang is limited in the workout. Red's update. Get the latest on the winter meetings tonight. Hot Stove League six oh five. You're on seven hundred w WELW. Kyle Swarber spoke today about staying with the Phills.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: I want to see this through.
Speaker 3: I want to win in a World Series in Philadelphia, and I want to win more.
Speaker 14: Than one free as Pte Alonso gets a five year, one hundred and fifty five million dollar deal to joined the Baltimore Orioles. Bill Edison seven undred w WELW Sport.
Speaker 6: Next update coming up at five thirty Matt Reeves News Radio seven hundred double d weld W.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by Breaks for Less.
Speaker 13: If the Paddles, Grinding Metal and given you Fits Breaks.
Speaker 1: For Let Back with Eddie and Rocky here on Wednesday, rock around about this time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and ed you know what, I thought it was time for Notre Dame to get out of the news right now, notarding was having a little bit of a rough forty eight hours to and their decision to not play in a bowl game and some comments made by the ad Well, I think we've found the way to get Notre Dame out of the headlines when it comes to sports.
Speaker 1: Not so fast, as we talked to this fella right here being brought to you by the fine folks at Joseph Automotive, Willie your thoughts.
Speaker 4: Yes, well, you know, I'm kind of looking at the amount of money he paid for this indiscretion. It says here that Sharon Moore signed a five year, thirty million dollar contracts in September of twenty four and there were bonuses involved, so you know, it was about five or six million dollars a year and then if he had another successful year, the top rocket would know better. But I think the top football coaches in college make ten to twelve million, yep. And so he was. He was thrown away. I don't know, fifty million dollars. Do we better have enjoyed his moments at the Hull day end with the staff or I guess she's the name too, but I'm reluctant to use her name until we have some sort of confirmation. But if he gets fired, why doesn't she get fired?
Speaker 16: Eddie?
Speaker 4: What did she do? Allegedly she's still employed by University of Michigan. That is Tom weedman all angry about this thing. But shouldn't a woman also be fired? I mean she's some child and capable of saying no and capable of guarded guarding her own sexual predilections. How come the man gets it all and a woman gets nothing. That's what I want to know.
Speaker 2: Sexual pre election, that's that's a great word said. I imagine eventually she she.
Speaker 1: Will say, they're at least going to put up the smoke screen of she is going to be she's on whatever administrative leave.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And if you're just doing and we're talking about Michigan just like with you. The news broken last fifth teen minutes. UM head coach Saran Moore has been terminated with calls effective immediately. Following a university investigation. Credible evidence was found that coach More engaged in an inappropriate relationship with a staff member, violates her constitution, clear violation of the policy, blah blah blah blah blah. So that is that is the that's the story.
Speaker 4: And we also have Michigan sources believe the affair resulted in a pregnancy, which is ultimately terminated through an abortion paid for by more So. In addition to dipping his pen in the company, inc. He also paid to have his own baby killed. And so that's I guess that's irrelevant in today's world, but to me, that's important. The woman's first name is Paige. I won't give her last name. Executive assistant to the coach, to the head coach. She was assisting the head coach, Sharon Moore and losing the Ohio state by like twenty five points.
Speaker 2: No, that's a big deal.
Speaker 1: And her backstory is is she married as well?
Speaker 2: It's there's stuff on the internet, but I'm reluctant.
Speaker 4: To We only deal with facts. We did. We never.
Speaker 2: We don't, you know, we don't take a story and just start elaborating without confirmed sources. But look, no, no, no, no, no, it's undefeated, untied on, scored upon, Willie correct.
Speaker 4: Gravitate, gravity, I mean gravity, uh, you know, I mean nothing, the size of the sun. We're talking about empires, We're talking about presidents. We're talking about some lowly football coach at Michigan could not keep his pen out of the company inc. And And one of those things in Michigan are a bunch of liberals there. They they think, you know, you can't do that, but you know, killing the baby is that's almost an article of faith among liberals.
Speaker 2: You know, got to kill your baby.
Speaker 4: But I guess that don't make much difference.
Speaker 2: He may get bonus points from that crowd for doing that. You never know, you never know, well, well, they.
Speaker 4: Maybe didn't want to live anyway, I didn't want to.
Speaker 1: We were also speculating that perhaps the everyday stress of a situation like these coaches are in might have led to this indiscretion. And uh, that's what Rock and I I was speculating that perhaps that's what happened with Bell Belichick, that after years foregoing this kind of temptation, he finally snapped when the twenty four year old girl gives you that wink, you know, game on.
Speaker 2: Game on.
Speaker 4: For the Belichick weighs about two hundred pounds. I'm sure he's an attractive male to a female fifty years or junior. And I'm sure it's love. Has nothing to do with her getting the eight million dollars in a condo given to her by Bill Belichick. I can imagine the Thanksgiving dinner wasn't roundly celebrated to the Belichick household because Bill's daughter in law is firing on Bill Belichick with all cylinders. And now there's rumors I'll send the rock later tonight, more rumors about Jordan Hudson and what our future plans are. They want to get married by the year's end for tax reasons. So I'm thinking, well, you know you can by December thirty.
Speaker 2: First I quit.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm just saying that, you know, married couples have more tax benefits than stingleing. She's thinking, we get married in the next two three weeks, we have tax benefits, and so the here Sharon gave up thirty to fifty million dollars. He'll be radioactive. He wasn't that good anyway. I don't think he did beat Ohio State last year, but this year he got lit up pretty good. And I don't know. You take Bill Belichick and Sharon throwing Notre Dame. Of course, Rocky wants to forget.
Speaker 2: About Notre Dame.
Speaker 4: He's two biggest first their bridges. Notre Dame thinks they're better than college football, and all these other ads are launching on Notre Dame AD right now for acting a zip. Who who the hell are you to tell us how to run the acc See, Notre Dame thinks they're bigger than the sport, much like saaks think they're bigger than the GCL, and someone needs to put them in their place.
Speaker 2: They're just smarter and not and they're not going to be pressured into doing something that is not advantageous for their university or its football team. There how to work out this year? Rock Well, I mean, you know, Alabama got in over one day one shouldn't have happened at all.
Speaker 1: I mean, so let me let me ask you something, Rock.
Speaker 11: Do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, the kind of the story behind the story is this was this a group decision, a team decision? Did the AD decide this was going to happen? Did it come from the top down?
Speaker 2: Apparently the players were like, we're not interested in playing this thing. And I think the coach looks at it and says, ten to twelve or more of our best players are going to opt out of this thing, okay, because they're going to go in the higher rounds. Of the draft or maybe some of them might you know, transfer out something like that, so it's not gonna be our true team. Brought this up earlier a couple of years ago. Florida State they had a I think it was a thirteen to o season, but their quarterback got hurt. They didn't get into the college football playoff at the time, and that was Forguret. How many was that eight? When it was at eight? Then anyway, they didn't get in. So in the bowl game, all of their players, like all of them opted out and they wound up playing Georgia. Right, oh, we're gonna go play Georgia, and they got it. It was like sixty three to nothing. It was something, and you could point to that that game, in that moment as the time that started the whole precipitous fall of Florida States. That's lasted two years. They finished two and something two years ago, five and seven this year. So in their names like, why are we gonna do it? We can't put our best foot forward. You know, we're already pissed about it, and we want to you know, on the way out, we want to say a little bit, you know. Cau Then we said a little precedent here for the future. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, the other thing you're you're ignoring. The other big story is Carrie Combs could become the head football coach at Michigan. He was just hired by Sharone. Carry Combs is now right there. All the good coaches are gone, there's no one else to hire, and there's six Carry Combs with Cole Raine. He went to Nashville, you see Ohio State. Why not Carry Combs the next head football coach at Michigan.
Speaker 2: And he's got to go as the interim at this point, isn't he Now? The fact that he's been there, like, you know, six days might not help the case. But uh, he has experience. He's been an interim coach before, you see, right.
Speaker 4: And and he's you know, I mean, he's been the interim coaching and he's a great guy. And can you imagine him taking over Michigan. He won't act up, he won't put.
Speaker 2: His power and that's it. Yes, he's too old for that.
Speaker 4: He's in his sixties.
Speaker 2: I say, I said, Carry Combs for Michigan head coach? Are they ball?
Speaker 1: I haven't underd I haven't seen that part. I haven't remember well, they got.
Speaker 4: To be then Tohito Friedo ball.
Speaker 2: You guys are kind of making my point right now, why Notre Dame didn't play like we're talking about Michigan and no one can understand or knows what ball they're in. They're in a Citrus Bowl, by the way, and.
Speaker 4: Well and also, oh no Cinsrus. I think within three years there'll be no bowl games. They're going to expand get it from twelve to like and maybe sixteen teams and there'll be eight to eight four two and one. That's they'll be. They'll be fifteen bowl games. They eight four two and'll be fifteen bowl games, go to sixteen and the bowl games don't matter if you get in those games to play for the national title. The good players that want to play to enhance their value otherwise should get rid of Navy playing in the Liberty Bowl against UC When Satafield have trouble fielding a team, he's got six or seven players, I think he's going to go to the NFL. So the Bearcats aren't going to have a team to play against Navy. I'm picking the maybe to beat the bear Cats, That's what I'm saying. And I'm picking carry combs carry Combs to be the new head coach of Michigan Wolverine. How about those predictions?
Speaker 2: Love it? I bet well? Well?
Speaker 1: I also I heard when you went uh and the Stooge when you were talking to to Rock and Seg and you were trying to list some of the some of the bowl games you one that just skipped over was the Snoop Dog Bowl down in there. And there is such a thing.
Speaker 2: I don't was that.
Speaker 1: Has that been going a while and.
Speaker 2: This is the second year for it? Okay? Yes?
Speaker 4: Is it sponsible by marijuana growers? Well? What is the Snoop Dogg? What is the Snoop Dog Bowl? What is that?
Speaker 2: I have no Miami the Red Hawks are playing it is that? What the Yeah? That's where I came from. Yeah, yeah, they're doing without their I just saw the their best player, the defensive end, Adam Trick, has entered a transfer portal. So again they're gonna go to a what is now you know, a good bowl? Believe it or not. The Snoop Dogg Bowl was a good bowl all things considering. And now they're going without one of their best players.
Speaker 4: That's nuch. You got to smoke pot to watch the game. I mean, I I think college football is more screwed up by the time in another two or three years. Why would Ohio State High State not spend one hundred million dollars what they spend this year rock about forty?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 4: What state football?
Speaker 2: Oh, I think that much? I know it was twenty two last year when they won it all. I think it was certainly upwards that this year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, at some point, what At some point you say, why are we doing this? I mean, Xavier is spending six million, they want to spend ten million. I'm being solictited to donate money to Xavier. They want to get to ten million dollars. I'm making ten million dollars. A guy named Carol who's twenty two to twenty three years old, comes here for one year making about one million dollars. Now he's gonna he has thirty points of as you see, he's dominated. He's wonderful. Next year somebody else comes in. Well, where's the glory of giving money and watching someone develop over two to four years, like a Romain Sado who started off almost not playing. By the time he was a senior, he was an All American. To watch that development and why do schools play that game. I think it's gonna be hard to get the money.
Speaker 2: I think if we enter a time period which looks like it is coming where year after year it's going to take upwards of call it, thirty forty million dollars to put a roster together, and then you're paying a coach like Kirby Smart makes thirteen million a year and then his staff makes another harmon. At what point? I always say this, At what point, even if you win, you do all that and you win the national title, what point do you still end up in the red Well? You are losing massive amounts of money to your athletic department, your school and everything because of all the the upfront costs you got to pay to do what it takes to have a roster that can win it. At what point is it do you just say, you know what, maybe it's better being no, you know, the tenth ranked team in the country, and you know, we're making money and kids are coming to school and kids people are enjoying the games, and it's great.
Speaker 4: What is the cost to attend? What is the cost to attend like a Notre Dame football game in South Bettle, I would think a season ticket for six or seven games might be five or six thousand dollars to watch kids play football. To go to a baseball game in Cincinnati's going to be two to three hundred FC. The good tickets are three hundred dollars each. And at Bengals game, I think are three to four hundred dollars a game to go.
Speaker 2: Oh by the time, I mean it's eighty bucks cash to park, right, and then you got the hot dogs and the hamburgers, and the kids want some you know, frosty malls. They don't have those anymore.
Speaker 1: But but the great thing is you know where you can get the games for free, right here on seven hundred WL Company. Look at you, damn a right son with the with that, Willie, we will let you.
Speaker 4: Go carry tones, carry cones, yes, cary cones.
Speaker 1: There's a h Billy Cunningham, Thanks buddy.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 1: With Wednesdays with Willy so fired up, the Spicott was all the way on and they're just gonna.
Speaker 2: Turn it off, turn off right boom like water off. Man.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: With that, we tack in with traffic and weather. What's going on right now?
Speaker 5: From the U SEE Health Traffic Center at you see health. You'll find comprehensive care, soap personal what makes your best tomorrow possible? Boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more U seehealth dot com. Two seventy five east bound before Love the Madeira still about an hour delay. His crews are cleaning up this accent and taking up two lanes. Delays back to seventy five seventy one south before retting a crash and seventy five north bound before Norwood Lateral a fifteen minute delay, so times back to seventy four. With this, the left lane is balked on two seventy five eastbound at Kellogg as we have the crasher slowing traffic back to right around the three mile road and the right when taken up on Ronald Reagan Highway. This is he spotted seventy one accident. Here has the links back to Ridge my Ricks Reduce Radio seven hundred W d WELW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for tonight clouds, snow showers developing round about midnight, talking an accumulation of less than half inch or so. Then for tomorrow, clouds and a high of thirty two. But keep your ears and eyes open because we could see some snows starting tomorrow night. We'll keep you posted right now. It is forty two seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: It's everything in off season baseball show should be lots more.
Speaker 2: Oh that's money right there.
Speaker 10: Oh Ridge Hot Stovelee tonight at six only seven hundred w l job the home.
Speaker 2: Of the Reds.
Speaker 7: This report is sponsored by Continental Roof Company, Best Products, best Price.
Speaker 2: The first time.
Speaker 8: Continental Roof Company discover the value of family driven service, whether it's a simple repair or a new installation, Their local experts are ready to provide the quality you deserve. Called Continental Roof Company today or visit my Sinsy roof for dot com for a free estimate.
Speaker 2: More than a few of our patients have talked to me about their first time, but it's not the first time.
Speaker 1: You're all right back with Eddie and Rocky a little while longer. But rock this is a story that I've been hearing about this and I was wondering exactly what we're going to be talking about.
Speaker 2: Well, when you were gone, we had someone on talk a little bit because it was just in the kind of introductory phase of what was going on in Australia, getting ready to ban kids from social media, and I guess it's it's gone through here and Alex Stone is for MAYBC here to describe more about it than well, I guess first, Alex, I think there's a lot of people in America that are interested to see how this works out.
Speaker 18: Yeah, very much so. Yeah, beginning today in Australia became a law that the children under sixteen years old cannot access social media platforms and there are big fines for the social media companies if they allow kids to get into their platforms like TikTok and Instagram and even YouTube. And because it's already tomorrow morning in Australia, we know how today and Australia went and a lot of kids said that they could get around this new law but just changing their birth date on the apps to make it so they were over eighteen or over sixteen in Australia's case. So doesn't seem like this is fool proof yet that I have. All they've got to do is go on and say well I was born this year in Boom. All of a sudden they have access into the apps. But not surprisingly Australian kids, they don't like this new band and here's what they're saying.
Speaker 19: We will be completely silenced and cut off from our country.
Speaker 18: And they're still but there are a lot of American adults and doctors and social media safety groups who think American kids should be kept away from social media as well. This is Sarah Gardner, the CEO of the Child safety group HEAT Initiative. She says, the US needs to do this as well.
Speaker 5: Jillian's will be.
Speaker 19: Taking the lead and the question is what se that's going to do.
Speaker 18: Yeah, in Australia is taking the lead in this. They are the first that she and others that they've been protesting outside of Apple stores demanding that Apple add in safeguards to protect children from different social media dangers. And she says keeping kids off of social media that this is something that the US needs to do, but that parents need to do as well.
Speaker 19: It's not just the addiction, which is enough of a harming in of itself, it's exposure to eating disorder, content, to suicide, content to child's sexual decuterial and even real dangerous that keeps experience on these platforms.
Speaker 18: And that's the argument. In Australia, they say social media US it leads to a spike they say the data is there and serious problems for children. Four years ago, there were internal documents from Meta, the parent company of Facebook and Instagram, that leaked out showing that social media platforms contributed to suicidal thoughts and body image problems in teenagers, and Meta says, well, they've now implemented safety features to address some of that. But there are parents who are saying this is what Australia is doing is a good thing, and that the US needs to say, hey, we've got to do more. That most of this was created in the US from social media companies here, and then now the US needs to crack down well.
Speaker 19: On a day to day basis protect a lot of kids from exploitation and predators and inappropriate content that is being pushed at them every day by these companies.
Speaker 18: So Malaysia and Denmark they're looking at band similar to what Australia is doing. The US we don't know of any real serious effort, any bills or anything yet to do anything here, but there are these calls from different groups and parents to do it. But Australia is the first, and now we'll see if the US will follow.
Speaker 1: Now what do we we're talking Alex Stone from ABC, Alex, is there a rough list of the of the sites we're talking about here when you say social media? Are there ten of them? Are there twenty of them?
Speaker 16: You know?
Speaker 1: I obviously you know instat Yeah, yeah, them X and all that stuff.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I haven't seen an exact list of them, but it's definitely the big ones of X, TikTok, Instagram. They're going as far as YouTube as being social media, which yeah, that's arguable if it's social media or if it's an entertainment platform or whatever it is. But they're included in this. So the government is figuring out of Australia what it counts as being social media. If it were to go in the US, they would have to do the same thing here.
Speaker 2: So Alex, again, what is the main driver of this in terms of why Australia wants to do this? Is it safety in protecting kids from child predators or is it protecting kids from their brains rotting? Right, there's lots of great data out there about you know, young people and they're developing brains and the effect of negative effect of social media. What's the main driver of why they're doing this?
Speaker 18: It is all of the above, but the biggest part of it is mental health. Of the impact of kids seeing the the day to day algorithm of what pops up on your Instagram feed or you're probably not Facebook for most kids any longer. But TikTok feed, any of the different platforms of what it can do to to mental health and bullying and body shaming and suicidal thoughts and all of that that. Yeah, they want to protected them and in all ways, but a lot of this is really about mental health.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we'll see how this shakes out and see if it makes the trip across well I'm going to say across the pond, but basically around the world.
Speaker 18: That is true.
Speaker 1: All right, with that, Alex, we will let you go. Buddy, Thanks so much.
Speaker 18: You got it. Thanks, And I.
Speaker 1: Boy, that's rough because these kids, man, they are so married to that stuff. It's insane.
Speaker 2: You but is it a thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they are, but they're totally invested.
Speaker 2: And I don't necessarily care about the rights because you're talking about kids under kids sixteen and under, so you know, I don't care about your rights. I think it's a job of adults and parents to say time, we think this is better for you and if you don't like it, well, just you know, wait a couple of years and then you can do whatever you want. So I think it'll be interesting to see all the data that'll come out in the next couple of years about you know, just not only just the safety aspect, but in the mental health aspect, but also just how negatively is it affecting the kids' minds? Well rock.
Speaker 1: In other news, speaking of mental health, this happened down in go Figure, Florida. Of course, after crashing a maybe you saw this story. After crashing a stolen BMW the other day of Florida, man denied swiping the car and explained the cops that he had actually been teleported into the car.
Speaker 2: Honey, I was teleported into the bar.
Speaker 1: I didn't go there, and the police alleged that Calvin Johnson, thirty six, took the twenty eighteen BMW convertible while the owners were walking their dog around the local park. He apparently broke into the car, found the keys and the well, I guess apparently didn't have to break into the car because the keys were in there in a cup holder. Who's going to leave their beamer convertible with the keys and a cup holder. But anyways, so with that, he got in there, took the car, and very shortly later, mister Johnson, driving over one hundred miles an hour, crashed the car. Passing motorists helped get him out of the car. When cops arrived at the scene, Johnson told the told the cops, thank god you saved me from the aliens. My boy's got some issues. He was taken into custody and he's on a you know, a crazy person watch at the local hospital. He uh is an extensive criminal record, which includes convictions for just the past year for trespass, obstruction, loitering, resisting, and grand theft for stealing a fifteen hundred dollars bicycle. Asked why he stole the bike, mister Johnson answered, what I just felt.
Speaker 2: Like felt like and it looked expensive and nice.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, hey, look man, I would have stuck with the alien thing. If you're gonna pin something on the aliens, just stick with it.
Speaker 2: I believe I saw the betting markets the poly markets have said that the uh UH the chance Trump declassified declassifies UFO files before twenty twenty seven, It has jumped up to like eighty percent, Like literally in the last couple of days, it was like around twenty and then it jumped eighty. So does somebody know something that a lot of folks may not. When it comes to the gamblers, they he usually.
Speaker 1: Know what's going on, sniffing something out.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're the best predictor, like the poly market, the best predictor of election results there is, right, you know.
Speaker 1: So now, I we've talked about this before and we don't have a lot of time, but think about just the repercussions if it's if they've known all along that there is life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've known about this since nineteen fifty. We just didn't think y'all could handle it, right, But here we go.
Speaker 1: And how do you think we got to the moon? They told us how to get to the moon. They gave us directions or something such.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean that that would be the wild part, right, It is, like, how did all these things you know that we thought were just invented in a you know, by some guy who was all ice. Yeah, elon musk.
Speaker 17: No, we.
Speaker 2: Had this thing, we reverse engineered it and put up from plea tarts and do this, do this, and mix that with that and weld that and there you go.
Speaker 1: You're good to go. We'll find out soon enough, apparently. With that, we check in with traffic and weather, what is going on.