Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA Sports and I'm demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 1: You are one of the kind, hosted by Petros Papaday guests left school after sixth grade. Look at him and the voice of the Bolts Mat money Smith. The answer is money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 3: On the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Feels what you eve? You see your father, then you see me color feel He's.
Speaker 4: What you.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, petroci Money A five seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. We followed Dodger Baseball today from the gallpin Ford Broadcast booth. Knocked off, the Astros took two of three, come home from a six game roadie three and three. Not great, not terrible. It just is off day Tomorrow that just is a full four hour Petros and Money Show and then a big one against the league best Braves as they will start a three game series here at Dodger Stadium. That is a seven to ten first pitch on Friday will be on three to six.
Speaker 3: Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe yes, And.
Speaker 2: That is how it is.
Speaker 3: Don't forget join your favorite Dodger players at the Sabah Theater in Beverly Hills for a Grand Slam night of comedy and surprise is presented by Will Smith, all star catcher of the Dodgers. He's a funny guy. It's hosted by Ken Geong. Tickets on sale. We already gave away our pair, but there will be a pair on Instagram that will be given away hilariously like a anvile dropping on the head of a cartoon character and the.
Speaker 2: Horn of a honk horn f Instagram A five seventy la.
Speaker 3: That's too much morning radio whacking it Yeah ouga And now brought to you by our friends at Concordia University, Irvine. They have the Masters in Coaching program and you can still sign up. You're running out of time to sign up for the summer program at CUI dot edu slash coaching. If you want to be a better coach, you better go to Concordia. They bring you the final hour fun Fact in effect, it's yeah, we're three fun fact.
Speaker 5: Well, back to back days we had May the fourth be with you yesterday sinko tomio so here on May sixth. A may Day fun fact, there are two may Days one, that is two separate words. May Day coined in the ancient Roman Republic as the day of rebirth. That is my first, a festival celebrated. That is the beginning of summer. Kind of lands right between the spring equinox and the Midsummer solstice. But the one word may day may day. The distress signal was created in nineteen twenty three by Frederic Staley and it's a radio officer in London at the Croydon Airport And because most pilots at the time spoke both French and English, it is the phonetic pronunciation Anglicized pronunciation of the French phrase may day m apostrophe aid z, which is short for ven a maydair, which translates to come help.
Speaker 3: Me may day may day. I prefer the mayday. I prefer the one we use south of the border.
Speaker 2: Are you to me? It is time for literally the quick hits, pms, quick hits, make it quick, go.
Speaker 4: Pi.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers are twenty three and fourteen and they beat up on the Strows today twelve to two, staving off the Panic Brothers, prominading with Andy Pie as his three hundreds. Glass now left the game WHOA Yes, with lower back pain before the second inning. That's not good news.
Speaker 5: Oh it was warming up too.
Speaker 3: Ted Turner, former owner of the Braves and Hawks, who made his mark as a media mogul and a philanthropist, has died at the age of eighty seven. He's the guy that put the Braves on TBS in the eighties and got them a national audience. And the MLB announced today the TV viewership for national exclusive MLB games who the first weekend of May is two point two eight million. That's a forty four percent increase over life last year and the best start in nine years. But what could they do to figure this out? To figure out a way to screw this up? Matt, What could they do to figure out a way to to not celebrate this?
Speaker 5: Well, they could either have a lockout or a sit.
Speaker 2: Blow it up. But you blew it all up.
Speaker 5: I mean, we heard the w NBA ratings were up like two thousand percent, that these are the best ratings the NBA has had in a decade plus, and you're watching those games and you're like, this game suck man.
Speaker 2: Well that's what you said.
Speaker 5: Someone's someone's getting goofy here with these ratings. Not that there's anything wrong with baseball.
Speaker 2: Making numbers, figure and figuring their own numbers.
Speaker 5: It does seem a bit odd that every single one of these leagues is up as substantially as they say we're up.
Speaker 2: We're up to mat th four percent.
Speaker 3: Lakers in the Thunder have game two tomorrow night, JJ Reddick as it's simple.
Speaker 2: Too many turnovers. I apologize to Laker fans. That's not him.
Speaker 6: When we made game playing mistakes, they hurt us. I thought the Houston game five was the most game plan mistakes we made in in a in a playoff game so far. We obviously lost that game. Uh, you're playing the World Champs. Your margin for error in terms of mistakes is not that high. You can make mistakes. There's a basketball is a game full mistakes. It's just too many tonight. We got to clean that up. But you know, there were some some good things. We want expected score. You know, held h under twenty. He ended up with seven turnovers. The guys played hard. We just got to do a better job with execution. And it comes down to just the attention to detail on that. And I know we'll clean things up and be better.
Speaker 2: All right, Well I feel better. But stats by the last white guys expected scores? What all this?
Speaker 4: What is this?
Speaker 2: What shooting percentage of score score?
Speaker 5: And that that's supposed that that basket is supposed to be there, that shot is supposed to go in. I expect that shot to go in.
Speaker 2: Why do we did? Why do you even play the game? Just regisimulation? Twenty five points for Shay Gilger?
Speaker 5: What the simulation say, Coach? It said be lost by sixty? Run it again. Let it's say said be lost by eighteen? Run it again? All right, maybe we play it. Take a chances the simulation isn't being kind to us.
Speaker 2: Luka. Doncicic met with the media today.
Speaker 3: Matt basically called him out yesterday and said, this guy's playing with a concussion, this guy's playing with a flak jacket, this guy got shot.
Speaker 2: What's your story, don chic Uh?
Speaker 3: He says he does not know when he will be able to return from that grade too, hamstring strain.
Speaker 7: Oh, feeling good? You know, obviously this is a different injured that I ever had. You know, it's been the second time, you know, and then the Hampshire obviously way less end of April and end of January. Silver car has been a little longer. But I'm feeling good, you know, working every day, so I'm trying to come back.
Speaker 5: All right, So tape on it, man, You know what that stuffs for. You know that tape that you see the volleyball players put on.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of stopping started, a lot of tape on, a lot of stopping starting this game tape. You can't fire. If he can't fire off that leg, Matt, it's going to be.
Speaker 5: But it's not what the tape is. It's like a new hamstring, Like, hey, you just put this foam tape.
Speaker 2: It works that way. Maybe if we gave him some.
Speaker 5: We gov Okay, how about the cup stuff?
Speaker 3: Nothing is everything cup his hammy. Yeah, you come out there with all those doing all those things. Man, that'll do it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 8: Aren't you thinking of the spray and soccer that they use? Oh yeah, I use to those guys. Those guys are just tired with some of that spray.
Speaker 3: It took me years to figure out that they're those guys are just tired speaking of Tired Unlimited analysis. Russell Wilson remains a free agent Mister un limited both in football, mister un Limited and on TV Mister un Limit.
Speaker 2: He' visited the Jets facility in Lady April.
Speaker 4: Limit.
Speaker 3: He then told The New York Post that the franchise has given him the opportunity to sign a contract.
Speaker 2: Mister u Limited.
Speaker 3: He said, I still know I can play ball at a high level because I'm mister Unlimited, but I also think the opportunity to do TV is great and so we'll see what.
Speaker 4: Happens, mister unlimited.
Speaker 2: Many people are commenting on his weight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he has ballooned a little bit, and I don't know if there is He's a bit of a ballooner.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there are quarterbacks that I would like to hear in the booth. Granted maybe I have a little bit of a bias, but Philip Rivers be great in the booth.
Speaker 3: You never know how somebody's going to be until it happens, unless we forget Jason Witten. The last we forget Witten.
Speaker 5: Yes, Drew Brees has told us how great he will be in the booth.
Speaker 2: You see him there on your screen.
Speaker 5: You see him on the screen. I just feel like mister and.
Speaker 3: Limit, mister un limited, little too polarized.
Speaker 5: Too many people coming in with the bad ideas.
Speaker 2: We'll see what happens. Yes, you know who's all in on the Ducks Golden Knight.
Speaker 3: Series the DUCA Sports. You know the guy with both his fingers raised in victory. Who's got Joe Quinnville queued up right now, ready to say something about the Ducks losing Game one to the Vegas Golden lost.
Speaker 2: I'm one, I'm off the bandwagon. Then you see that BS icing no icing call.
Speaker 5: I was crap.
Speaker 2: I did see it, tame.
Speaker 8: The game was tied at one and they called it no icing. Well, they didn't blow the whistle. It should have been an icing call as a leg goal. Yeah, and then here's the coach earlier today shoot around.
Speaker 2: A lot of positive shoot out of that game. I liked how we played.
Speaker 6: I thought we had good pace to our game.
Speaker 2: I tho, now, Darsty was good in that.
Speaker 6: I thought across the board we had everybody contributing, and uh, you know, we had the energy we're looking for and speed pace and we had some good, good opportunities.
Speaker 2: We missed some great chances as well, well, I feel much better about.
Speaker 3: That, very calm collected. That guy quacking around matter of fact, but he looks like he's moving, gliding along the top of the pool, but his crazy duck lakes. The American Football Coaches Association voted last week to recommend that college leaders implement a playoff with the maximum number of participants in twenty four. Teams discontinue conference championship games, preserve the Army Navy games exclusive time window, but hold other games on that day, and end the playoff by the second week of January. Basically try to own December.
Speaker 2: Through the board.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: They do have no authority with the NCAA or the College Football Playoff governance structure. The group includes prominent coaching figures like be Lema Venables.
Speaker 2: They all want to.
Speaker 3: Make the playoffs, all the Breads cark Lee, RTT lash Lee, Joey McGuire, and Pat Fitzgerald. So not lightweight. The SEC wants to keep the playoffs low. The Big Ten wants to keep it high. You need the SEC and the Big Tens approval. Twenty four does feel like a like a lot. It feels like too like way too much. Twelve feels it feels right. We're stuck at twelve next year, Yeah, and everybody's fighting over what's it gonna be? Feels about right when they move on from twelve, maybe sixteen? Maybe sometimes maybe good Sometimes state gaming regulators, Matt are coming for your guys.
Speaker 5: Soors be Soorsby the highest paid player in the portal, with his six million bucks from Texas Tech coming from Cincinnati betting activity alleged accounts with sportsbooks daily fantasy operators across multiple states. According to multiple sources with direct knowledge of the matter, he was described as high volume, low stakes, meaning I'm gonna put fifty cents on this pitch.
Speaker 2: Ooh, I lost.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna put fifty cents on this pitch, Ooh I lost. I'm gonna put one dollar on this swing, ooh a lost.
Speaker 3: Sounds like my dad walking around the Golden Nugget and Dolphin shore paday quarters taverna tank top and just pumping quarters once, just putting twenty bucks in at a piece, like what's a big deal.
Speaker 5: He certainly knew that he was probably doing something wrong.
Speaker 4: Is uh.
Speaker 5: Some bets replaced using an account under a pseudonym a different name. Snnding Boresby that's right, Kentucky Derby winner. Golden Tempo will not run in the Preaknel.
Speaker 2: Triple Crown.
Speaker 5: It should be mandatory takes place a week from Saturday. No Triple Crown winner in twenty twenty six. But man, when Golden Temple starts spreading his seed, talk about making money, making big money, that micro source be bet type of money.
Speaker 2: I heard.
Speaker 3: He's got a real good tempo too when he gives it to the mayor. Check out a Golden Tempo.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll be back.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do some basketball talk with our dear friend James Worthy. In the very next segment, The Lakers Law and There's Panic on the Streets.
Speaker 1: Petros Papadakis that money Smith, This is Petros and Money on.
Speaker 5: Demand Petrosen Money a five to seventy LA Sports home of the Dodgers Big victory earlier today, Time for our conversation with James Worthy. Brought to you by the Ford Maverick, Motor Trends and the North American Truck of the Year. The Ford Maverick is everything you need in the most innovative truck with forty two miles per gallon and the best MSRP of its category. It is time to see Ford in a new light. Visit your southern California Ford Dealers today.
Speaker 3: Here to deal with the fallout and discuss what is next. Is a man who knows. He knows what it's like. He knows what it's like to do battle. He knows what it's like to stand the top the mountain. As an NBA Finals MVP champion multiple times with the Lakers and in college Emmy Award winner at Spectrum Sports Net. One of the coolest people in Los Angeles. He should run for mayor. The one and only James Worthy on the Petrosten Money Show after the Lakers look okay but lose Game one in Oklahoma. What's cracking, James?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 4: Hey? Hey, hey man? You know it's the NBA Playoffs, Lakers in uh Round two against the best team in the league. You know, I thought if they were going to have a chance to steal in the game, I thought that Game one was was always one you try to pick off. But you know they have chemistry, They're they're playing as hard as they can. They got to knock down some shots. Man, when you're playing against Oklahoma, you gotta make shots. You never can't turn the ball over and you can't give up offensive rebounds, and the Lakers were guilty of a few of those.
Speaker 5: A lot of fans pointing the finger at one player in particular, James Austin Reeves. And obviously the guys out for six weeks or whatever, comes back maybe ahead of schedule. You want to appreciate that, But at the same time, certainly looked like it was a lot for him, just never look comfortable out there. Your thoughts of kind of how to try to get him back on track, and are you all right putting him back out there for another thirty five minutes?
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 4: I know Austin's you know, first of all, anybody that's like a scratch golfer, you know, they're discipline is hell. He's he's had an uphill battle coming back after being out, and then you know, having to go up against Oklahoma is a tall task because they target people like Austin Reeves, they make him play defense, they put size on him. So I mean, he just needs to knock down shots. He had some shots. He needs to get to the line, which he's really good at. I look for him to bounce back and game two, you know, He's the type of guy that's not gonna, you know, have two of these in a row, so I look for auto to snap back.
Speaker 5: What about Luke Canard. I mean, there's a guy that you know, started out on fire those first two games against the Rockets, and since I think he's three for sixteen from three, I don't know kind of if they just started paying attention to him. But this the guy who's playing over thirty minutes per game. I got to figure out how to get him out of his funk.
Speaker 4: What do you do there, James, Yeah, they definitely have figured him out. You know, when he took over some of the point guard responsibility and they saw all his talents. Obviously they're going to go back to the way they used to guard him his whole career, which is to run him off the three point line, you know, don't allow him to roam freely. He's another guy that really couldn't get a good shot. You know, his shots were rushed, and I credit the defense man. You know, Oklahoma their detail oriented, they know who's who can shoot, and they did a good job. But Lady's going to have the said picks. They're gonna have to move the ball a little bit more quickly, quickly and uh get him some you know, on some down screens or driving kicks to forget him some open shots. He had some shots, but boy, they were under duress. And you know their defense. They're long, they're they're quick, they're physical, and if you don't, if you don't combat with that, you're gonna have a long night.
Speaker 3: We've seen over the years, James, great NBA teams that have a lot of depth and some really great players coming off the bench. But is there a comparable team that you've ever seen to this Oklahoma City team in terms of their depth and and what they throw at you. I mean, they've got all kinds of weirdos thrown at the Lakers last night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you, Paul George Man that that draft for Shay and all those draft picks, they're going to be set for a long time. I haven't seen that, haven't seen. I mean the Golden State Warriors, you know, Ikeadal, and they had some guys coming off the bench who were who were decent when they were winning. Uh, but I cannot remember a team that has been so productive with their role player. That's why they're so good. They're without Jenn Wims you last night a big part of their team. But it doesn't matter. When you have a system, you can just plug in. You might not get the same performances, but you're gonna get production. You're gonna get something out of the guys that come in because they don't they don't skip a beat. And the way they play defense, it kind of it kind of rolls into their offense. They're getting steals, they're getting second shots. When you get second opportunities, a lot of those end up being three point shots. And so the Lakers really got to pay attention to the detail. Uh, you know, they gotta maybe maybe maybe play Maxie a little bit, get some size in there. I throw everything at him. I put Smith in there and see he could get hot, you know, because you have to play a different style of game with with Oklahoma, you gotta throw everything. I think and the kitchen sink at them as well. But I think if the Lakers can knock down shots and not turn the ball over and not give them second opportunities, they might have a chance to win a game or two. I'm not sure, but they cannot give them, you know, all the things that they're good at.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean they were hanging in there till the end of the third quarter. Is still like a four to six point game. When you say that, Maxi kleeber Nick Smith, I mean Drew Timmy, Like, does does that cause any panic on a team when you see guys that normally wouldn't be in there? Like how do you try to tow that line of not getting your regular rotation to freak out? But man, La Ravia has had issues, Canard has had issue. It just seems like that bench is not giving them what they need to give them.
Speaker 4: Gotta go it its spurts. Yeah, you don't want to disrupt your entire rotation and you don't have to do that. You could throw like Smith Junior there he can shoot and if it gets hot, let him hit two or three three, take him out. Put Jake back in you want to you want some size in there sometimes, you know, if you've got foul trouble with Eton or if you want a three point shooter, you know, put him in there for two or three minutes, and why you're resting eight of somebody. But I think it's the playoffs now, and to me, the playoffs yield a little bit more spontaneity in your rotation because you're playing the same team and you're not moving around from city city, so I think it's okay to explore a little bit. You know, hey, uh, he's put Brodie in the game for two or three minutes here and there, you know, just to get some youth and some energy, just to mix things up a little bit. When when you're going up against an Oklahoma tem you need to match that energy, and because they have a lot of it as starters and they have a lot coming off the bench as well.
Speaker 5: Real quick, James, do you do you take away positives? And in the way you were able to defend Shay Gilges and and maybe the way like eight and Lebron player, are you taking away negatives? Like, man, we played pretty damn well and still lost by eighteen. Like what what's your ultimate takeaway?
Speaker 4: I'm taking away positive? Man, I'd like to I like the way we started. I like the way Marcus smart is. You know, he's physical with Shay, He's not getting too easy. We make some shots and take away you know, homeroom was a problem. We had some defensive lapses, and I think we can just correct that and the other things like, now, turn that ball over against Oklahoma. You got you gotta honor that possession every time you get it. And then I think if we can start the way we started in game one and keep the pace, we have a chance. But man, Oklahoma, they're good. Man, I'm not lying.
Speaker 2: They're good, deep and wide.
Speaker 3: The one and only James Worthy, ladies and gentlemen, a great guy, came on later today for us because the Dodgers scored twelve runs and very flexible well runs yeah, well runs, well, not enough last night, but twelve today.
Speaker 4: So can we get Maybe we get some of the Dodges to come and play in game two.
Speaker 3: Maybe he sho Altonic could put a body on that. U see Santa Barbara guy for sure. We love you, James, thanks for doing it.
Speaker 2: Have a great night, okay, buddy, all right, take care it goes.
Speaker 3: We'll be back with more Petro send money, you're dead and alive. And then seven o'clock you'll have Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Ha ha, this is Petro Money on demand.
Speaker 3: What a day for Andy Poez, What a day for Great Sports Talk.
Speaker 2: Happen to be on Great Sports Talk? This beautiful.
Speaker 3: We just won't be defeated Wednesday, get our show on demand, podcast it live on the iHeartRadio app for your smartphone. I mean stream it live or podcast it later. One of the best teams in baseball. Right after Ted Turner dies, The Braves will be in town Friday, Dodgers versus Braves. Matt and I will have a full show tomorrow.
Speaker 2: But come hang be here tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Don't you know for four hours we'll be here tomorrow. That's it.
Speaker 3: A little subtle stab on the way out. That's all easy. Clinefeld, you killed us. Clinefeld, you killed us.
Speaker 5: You killed us.
Speaker 2: You just killed us.
Speaker 3: Don't forget to podcast the show on the iHeartRadio app. A big thank you to Ronnie Fossio PAPU Ronnie at Ronnie Fossio on Twitter he posts the playlist and Tim Kates, who's been working long and hard all day long. That's what she said, Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck starting at ten am. Please ignore the uncouth comments from the voice of the Chargers, who's all giddy when photo shopped FM sports talk radio promotion.
Speaker 2: Just take it.
Speaker 5: Easy live for this man. Well you'd think they do so, I mean, listen, we are we we are no strangers to photo shop promo photos.
Speaker 3: You we are not ever, but even your guys sojourned to the mansion and Joe McDonald and the bathtub is better.
Speaker 2: I've always wanted to.
Speaker 5: Do this, guys. I love the Calgoing commercial and I've had this vision forever to do it for a sports station.
Speaker 2: It's better than than what I saw today. Let's just put it like that.
Speaker 5: Vic, what you're gonna do is you're gonna be underwater. I'm gonna give you a snorkel, all right now, You're gonna be breathing under there, and then Joe Grande is gonna tap you on the shoulder, and when he does, you're gonna pop up out of the water and you're gonna scream.
Speaker 2: Feeling. Those were the days, feeling you Colgon take me away.
Speaker 5: I can just remember going back to my car going what have I done?
Speaker 8: Imagine the budget to rent a house in the Hollywos wherever it was.
Speaker 2: It's like the Rams House.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The only thing you guys were missing was Rebel.
Speaker 5: Wilson there all afternoon. Hack saw Eyes drove up from San Diego for this. Joe McDonald, what a great launch, Another great lodge. I wann't y'all sitting on the tub. Do you want Joe on the tub too?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Everybody?
Speaker 5: Uh I, M. Joe's gonna be in it. Joe, you take off your clothes, You're gonna be in the.
Speaker 3: Tub beating out orson wells. Speaking of for you, the morbidly obese orson wells, for your dead guy Birt the other day is a tubby man, but not that big tuts. Sure Bernard Shore would be one hundred and twenty three today, Jewish guy from Philly, raised above a family candy store. A lot of tragedy in his life. He was fifteen when his father killed himself. Oh no, fifteen with his mother was run over by a car. Five years later, he was twenty when his father killed himself. I don't want a short change on the tragedy.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: He went to Drexel. He went to Penn the Wharton School of Business, and that is how Toots became a traveling shirt and underwear salesman. Nineteen thirty, he went to New York and became a bouncer at the Five o'clock Club at other night spots. He met many celebrities and that became kind of the backbone of his thing. He opened his own restaurant in nineteen forty at fifty one West fifty first Street, Toots Shores, with funding from a New Jersey theater owner. Eventually the restaurant expanded two spaces next door. My father's restaurant expanded two spaces, one behind and one next door. He ended up leaving that one eighteen years later, and then had another one, and then had some irs issues. There was a code at Shor's restaurant that celebrity did not necessarily circumvent the lines and the great demand for being there. Charlie Chaplin was once forced to wait in line like a dirty dog, and when Chaplin complained, Tutz told him perhaps he could pass the time by entertaining the other people in line were at Charlie.
Speaker 2: When Louis B.
Speaker 3: Mayor complained about waiting in line, Tut's told him was better than waiting in line for your crummy pictures. Louis, he wants out. He wants out, drank Jackie Gleason, leaving him on the floor to prove a point. Famously, wives were not allowed in the bar area it Toots Shore.
Speaker 2: Get out of the bar, cow, you hens. None of you are in here.
Speaker 5: Mistresses only beat it wives.
Speaker 3: So who got the class A treatment at Tutshores? Chief Justice Earl Warren, Joe DiMaggio, Mickey Mannle, Sinatra Orson Wells celebrating a birthday today as well, Yogi, Berra Eisenhower, Judy Garland.
Speaker 5: She could drink most men under the table too.
Speaker 3: Ernest Hemingway. They served unpretentious American cuisine, shrimp, cocktail, misteak, and baked potatoes. As Tut said, nothing fancy. After his third place opened, his famous clientele never returned. He died angry about it at seventy four. In nineteen seventy seven, was married with four kids, one of his daughters. Because of the financial trouble and what he was trying to do at the time was actually raised by Dolorous and Bob Hope. Here is an interesting clip from a documentary about T's Shore.
Speaker 2: You're in New York.
Speaker 9: There's Sorties, the Stork Club twenty one and Touch Shore. Now these are the places America reads about, places were the famous in all walks of life. Again, your restaurant Toots is unique in that the celebrities who come there are your friends.
Speaker 3: You would see everybody from motion picture people to sports figures, Sinatra, Demaggio, working stiffs, journalists, everybody.
Speaker 4: Everybody used to.
Speaker 10: Go, we're not in the forties. Sinatra gets the call, they go get over here right away, Susy says to him. So he said, I get to the boar, and that it comes Being Crosby. Then it comes Jack Dempsey.
Speaker 4: But that wasn't enough.
Speaker 2: Babe Bruce walked in the room. Well, when Babe Bruce walked in, I damned near with my pants.
Speaker 10: The whole crowd got up on this night and the standing ovation for these four men. And Frank turns to him and he said, did you frame this up?
Speaker 4: To see?
Speaker 10: He says, sure I did, only took Shore. I could have arranged the thing like that.
Speaker 2: You know, very interesting piece of American history.
Speaker 3: Now you might be lucky to see Alex Rodriguez walking out of Craigs, but that was a different time.
Speaker 2: Touch Shore.
Speaker 5: Well, you're a live guy. Birthday, Happy sixty sixth to sixty sixth to John Flansburgh. First CD I ever did see was while visiting my older brother at college and walking through the Penn Student Union.
Speaker 2: That's where to show went to college.
Speaker 5: There, I look at that and they had in the front window a compact disc I by They Might Be Giants titled Don't Let's Start, and from there I was hooked on CD. No more cassettes for Me. Born in Lexington, mass father was a famous Boston architect. Mom was the founder of and Ran Boston by Foot, a famous architecture and historical tour of Boston that is still incredibly popular today. He met John Lennell in high school, but they separated. He went to George Washington, then Antioch, ultimately got his arts degree at Pratton Brooklyn, and the two of them would reconnect by wild coincidence. They were moving into the same Brooklyn apartment building on the same day, so they started playing together. And They Might Be Giants was born. Name came from a George C. Scott Jane Woodward film from nineteen seventy one, They Might Be Giants. They played all over but settled into the East Village in a residency and Linnelle was in an accident so they couldn't play live, and they came up with the idea of dial a song. They would record new music into the outgoing message of their answering machine and started posting the number all over the city with the slow logan free when You Call from Work. Indie label picked up on it. Bar Noun Records sign him to a deal in eighty six and they took off at college radio. Don't Let's Start got some one hundred and twenty minutes play and then MTV put it into regular rotation. The low budget video how About This. It was the first ever work done publicly that gained attention from famous director Adam Bernstein, the Don't Let's Start video, The Guy That did Love, Shack and Baby Got Back, and a ton of other MT videos, and went on to direct Oz Entourage, Scrubs, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul Shameless. All of those things started with the music video that Don't Let's Start. Their follow up was Lincoln MTV Darlings. By then Annaang was a top ten hit on alternative radio, got him the major label deal with Electra. Flood was the big release you just heard. Letterbox had a bunch of hits on it, including ones that got played on a lot of cartoons, Particle Man, istanbul Wisconstantinople, and then they got into kids music altogether. They did the theme for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and they did the hot Dog, Hot Dog God Digity, that is, they might be giants. Flansburg has a couple side projects span called Monopuff, and he also directs music videos A lot of soul coughing that Harvey Danger Flagpole Sit a song he did, Ben Folds five, Frank Black.
Speaker 2: Oh, who could forget Harvey Dangers?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: He got into a gnarly accident in twenty twenty two while in an uber. They had just left the Bowery Ballroom where they had played in. A drunk driver blew a red light and he got messed up, broken ribs, multiple fractures, hospitalized the whole deal. But they kept making music and they might be Giants. Just put out their twenty fourth studio release three weeks ago, The World Is to dig This is one of the songs from it. Woo Tang a tribute to Woo Tang.
Speaker 4: You don't believe me, Jack.
Speaker 3: Did you mention the Big Bang Theory theme man, your favorite show? I mean they must have made a lot of money off of that.
Speaker 5: What you're talking about?
Speaker 3: I mean, you mentioned Particle Man, but you're not gonna bring up the Big Bang Theory.
Speaker 5: Saw the Particle Man on the Looney tunes. It was a very cool television collaboration by they might be Johning.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's got to be a pretty big success for them, The Big Bang Theory.
Speaker 2: That's probably their biggest success.
Speaker 5: Not sure what you're talking about. I do love that hot Dog, hot Dog.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, but the Big Bangs.
Speaker 3: I know it sounds your favorite show, familiar, No it's not your favorite, but still still mention it.
Speaker 5: But I mentioned that that hot Dog and that Mickey mess Club. Yeah, yeah, thank you. And they just put out this record The World Is Today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you play. We're gonna play something new twenty fourth Studio. Right, I'm gonna go get us a drink.
Speaker 3: We'll be back with more Petros and money tomorrow at three o'clock. We hope you have a great night, a big thanking Kate's and Ronnie and Fox Sports Radio is coming up neck.
Speaker 2: Good night, everybody. That show one s