Speaker 1: The News Chunkie starts now. It is Thursday, July thirtieth, twenty twenty six. Wats to get to today? From busted lying in four K to Sophie Cunningham's WNBA scandal gets even worse and the new documentary shocking viewers in America. Plus your calls, dispatches, emails, text Sam more Sea Lane is here.
Speaker 2: Hello, so are you?
Speaker 1: You could join us with a dispatch send it on the website of the News Junkie app right now. You can also watch the show on YouTube or twitch, dot tv slash the News Junkie. Your message is rolling right to the studio at a real time. Hows everybody doing on a Thursday?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Pretty good? Pretty good? How are you saying?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: Feeling good? Doing good? Got a lot to talk about today. I was up tinkering a little bit after the show because yes, it was like, I don't have a video of the day for the YouTube channel, I don't have a short I want to work on. So I utilize my time into like seven or eight o'clock at night, and I go, I'm going to tinker on the one thing that people have been making fun of me for on this show, and that is, I introduced the text to speech voices and people were saying that they sounded terrible, and they the Mafia guy didn't sound like the Mafia guy. And you know, it's so hilarious that when you said the one thing people have been making fun of me, I go, well, surely there's more than one thing. Well, I mean there's many things, but this was the one that was.
Speaker 5: But so that I thought in my head about what it was going to be. You know, I was like, how do you tinker with the size of your hands? And then that was not that at all. I don't need to do that. My hands are so big that I don't need that. But here's what I did.
Speaker 1: When you go to the news Junkie dot Com is only available for people who are subscribers. But if you go to the news Junkie slash Dispatch the news Junki dot Com slash dispatch, when you click tts, you can select different voices. Now, the voices were sounded funky, and the mafia guy thing wasn't sound like the Mafia guy. The radio DJ, oh, you're gonna know exactly what I was going for this time. The next time somebody uses the radio DJ The New York Mobster is much more mobstery. And now you put your script in and you can drag in sound effects along with it, so you can create a script. That's what I wanted people to be able to be creative with. So I tested it out with one of the brand new voices, Sea Lane, and let's just see how it goes here. I need to see if the dead air issue is fixed. Oh damn, the cops are coming. I'm gonna have to fight my way out of this thing. Oh hell's yeah, I did it. I killed all of the bad cops and saved the good cup. So I have g in trouble. What an amazing day. Yeah, I'm a voice on there. Now. You could use the Sean voice and I should have probably asked you about this, Sealane, but you can also use the Sea Lang voice. I I didn't necessarily clear this with Sea Lane, but there's also a Sea Lane voice. Have you tried it out yet? I have only one test in the system for it. I think, uh, do you want to hear it?
Speaker 5: I mean I would like, yes, sure? What what are we working with here?
Speaker 1: This is just really basic, just a basic, basic demo. Okay, it's like you know not other people can see this on the side.
Speaker 5: Production Sea Lane smoke on News Junkie. I looked outside and heard this approaching sound good. Then everybody started running down the street.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean I think it. I think it works. I think it works. I think it's going to be great. I want to allow you, the listener, to be creative. So those are available if you go to the news junkie dot com slash dispatch test them out. There's a new new version of this that I want you to see over on the news junky dot com slash dispatch, and we'll work some of those into the show today. Let's start out as we always do. Let's put our ears at the ground, our fingers on the pulse, let's see what's happening in this great, big, wide world of ours. And we go to oh man, I forgot what the original was? Where was this celand?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 1: Or do I need to look up the uh? Let me see if I can find the tweet for you. I can probably go back to the one that I sent you there right yeah, here it is right here. Okay, the original one that I cannot play because the man curses a bit. It says, the Minasha tornado. So this was and I believe Illinois me e n A s h is that Wisconsin or Illinois Wisconsin? Okay a Minosha, Wisconsin is where this happened. This is such a great clip. This guy filmed himself. Here's why he's going viral. Let's listen in yes now, just to bring you there, folks. This man is literally like a tornado's ripping through his neighborhood right now. He is in the middle of the tornado in his neighborhood right now. Man, I don't know why he's outside assuming this.
Speaker 5: He is all of the advice that they've given us for years about what to do during certain weather events. You know, get in a room with no windows, preferably an interior room downstairs, and you'll have now that camera phones exist and space bucks and internet yeahs, and viral videos. You got people upstairs on their balcony, you know, next to all the windows, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the tornado is coming through. This guy's like right in the lightning, like Lieutenant Dan up on the mast of the ship. Signs are flying around, the trees are coming down. He literally just said, whoa, there goes my roof. I'm like, bro, could you be any more calm? I'll bring it back, could you be any more? The roof of his house flies off and he's like, whoa, there.
Speaker 7: U.
Speaker 2: Rap my telephone pole?
Speaker 1: Even better. I'm pretty sure he said f my telephone pole.
Speaker 2: Did he?
Speaker 1: But it wasn't like, oh, f my telephone pole. It sounded more like a verb, like F my telephone pole. I mean, the guy somebody says he's so happy and he's just going viral. That is efing awesome. I mean, he's riding the lightning, for sure. But he should go inside just so you guys know that there's an entire power pole snapping in half in his front yard. There's it looks like Twister. It looks like the movie Twist. Free brand crap. Just go inside.
Speaker 5: This guy's commentary aside, that is a crazy view of a telephone pole coming down, un ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna put this because it's it is a visual obviously, I'm gonna put this up on see it now so you guys can see what's happening in this. It's just an unbelievable video that I want you to get to at some point in time today. I'm getting a snapshot of it during the break. I'll put that up on see it now so everybody can take a look over on the website. Is that what it was? You have?
Speaker 5: Three other service confirms e F three tornado as Fox Valley begins storm cleanup over at Minasha, Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: I'm just a dummy. Let me actually bring in our friend Tnjai for this, just to get the right information. So e F three tornado is what that one was? What is e F one, two, three, four, and five? Is about how why the tornado is? Is it about how strong the tornado is with speed? What is the deal?
Speaker 3: The EF scale, which stands for Enhanced Fujita Scale, measures the strength of a tornado based on the damage it causes. It goes from e F zero the weakest to e F five the strongest damage. So it's really about the intensity and destructive power, not just the width of the tornado.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so about the actual destructive power, which I think when you have you know, yeah, those are gonna go hand in hand. I think, right, it's yeah, it's gonna it's gonna work out that way. Okay, we have so many moments to get into. I've already got tts is coming in from you guys. I don't know if I should feel good about this or bad about this or so that whatever.
Speaker 5: That tornado is an e F three that's one hundred and thirty six to one hundred and sixty five miles an hour. That's severe damage. The EF five is over two hundred miles an hour. Oh wow, incredible damage. I mean that it snapped that power pole like it was nothing.
Speaker 1: You goo folks really got to take a look at the video over on the news junkie dot com or in the app and to see it now. Section Jazzy Josh sends in a Sea Lane, tts are we going to here's the bet I want to see you guys place today. Is Sea Lane going to say, withdraw my name from the text to speech function before the end of the show. This is not the challenge I would like for this because I said, I said, don't worry, Sea Lane. I said, don't worry. They come in and it. They don't appear on the website automatically. They do right now, but I'll change that after the show. The cod Aina will change. You are a lion Coderino. People will be nice with it. Oh, I have an announcement. I Christopher, Dolores, Lane and Mahomas Actual please clap all right, okay, all right, really jazzy if you Josh beast paced. Yeah, they're starting to utilize these in good ways and bads, but mostly bad, mostly bad ways. But we'll see if Celane lasts through the show. Because when I started.
Speaker 5: Bating, now you're just encouraging them to make my voice say the worst things.
Speaker 1: No, they're gonna do way worse with my voice, no doubt about it. And I'm fine with it, all right, I'm I'm okay with it. This is only for subscribers anyhow over in the news Junkie dot Com, and we'll yeah, we'll get to a few more of those as we work along in the show. I wanted to clarify something we talked about this yesterday, and the best handle this, we'll probably gonna want to take a break. That's what we'll do with take a quick break, and when we come back on the show, busted lying like never before, like completely caught in four K you, I'll explain and I feel wronged. I feel pissed off. Honestly, I feel pissed off about this, but we'll discuss what happened because that is coming up next in the news Junkie. I feel lied to. I'm angered by it. Honestly, I'm seriously angered by what what has happened here. And I don't know how to handle this other than to just sort of jump right into things here, se Lane, because I feel like you were lied to as well. Like that. We had a we had a video that we covered this week which was Tony Romo, the former Dallas Cowboys quarterback, and he was getting pulled over for a DUI that happened about a week ago or so, and the bodycam footage showed him and I said, you know what, he doesn't seem like he's really drunk, and it seems like he might have like a really good case on his hands here because he didn't take the breathalyzer. He's not slurring his words, he's not falling over. He seems to be getting the job done. When it comes to all of the roadside test, what the hell I think this guy's got a good shot to get in this overturn. We have been lied to and it's unbelievable that this happened. Now he's being memed like crazy. There's memes galore that are happening out of this Tony Romo bodycam footage.
Speaker 8: Here's okay, any head injuries, any head injuries recently?
Speaker 4: Any cancutious?
Speaker 1: Hello, darkness, smile, start showing all the footage from Cowboys games when Tony Romo is just getting drilled. He's knocked out, staring up at the sky and they're meming him. They're meming him like crazy. Right, they've taken the bodycam footage. He's not yet been fired or anything, but he has lied and and I'm changing my mind on this a little bit after some updates on this case. Here's another one of the memes.
Speaker 9: Any had injuries recently?
Speaker 1: Any precuscious over the years, Yes, but not recently.
Speaker 10: Please down with your feet together, in your hands, down at your side.
Speaker 9: What do you prefer?
Speaker 1: I don't even know what song? This is some talking about hating being sober, and they got Tony Romo go into this one, so they memed ab out of control. I kind of defended the guy. I put myself out there. I said, which part was the lie? I'm I can't figure it out yet. Let me let me get there, let me get there. The first thing is this, here's why one. Okay, let me bring this story up in front of me.
Speaker 5: So I really thought I was worried that the lie was going to be that the d uila in Wisconsin or wherever they were are not in fact as crazy easy on you as that TikToker would suggest.
Speaker 1: No, that that seems to be true. Yeah, that that seems to be actually act like there's no way. That's because Moses sent that to you personally, he would know, Yeah, that's not the problem. That wasn't the issue. But let me see if I can bring this up. ABC News has like only the wrong video. Now, okay, I'm just gonna have to tell you about it instead of bringing it up, because every single story is ah, finally, finally, now I find it. Former Dallas Cowboy quarterback Tony Romo. This is from Good Morning America. Their links on the internet works so brilliantly that if you save a link and then reload it, it will break every time. It's genius. It's like really really good development, really good Codino skills on behalf of a news website. But ABC News says former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo received a citation for possessing an open container in a moving vehicle in connection with his arrest in Wisconsin last week. Tony Romo was arrested near the interchange in downtown Milwaukee on suspicion of operating while under the influence. They then released the body cam footage that we talked about. He was issued three citations in connection with the incident. One was operating while under the influence, unsafe passing, and then possession of an open container in a moving vehicle, which was released late yesterday after an open record request from ABC News. According to the open container citation, a deputy said they observed a quote open bottle of an alcoholic beverage on the passenger side of the vehicle. So he had an open bottle of a beverage, an alcoholic beverage.
Speaker 5: He had an open bottle of an alcoholic beverage. It was on the passenger side of the vehicle. Shown he was alone in the car. He said he had had anything to drink. That seems like a lie to me, Tony Romo, I feel like I've been lying. But that's not the worst part. That is not the worst part. When they asked what he was doing, what did Tony Romo say, he said he was going to Oh no, he said he was going to grandma and Grandpa's house.
Speaker 1: Tony Romo said, I'm going to grandma and Grandpa's house. That's what I'm doing. That's what I'm in town for. He said, I'm in town for Grandma and Grandpa. I'm going to grandma and Grandpa's house. His grandparents are dead. Oh, Tony to dad, all right, this guy he gave the excuse and I believed him, hook line and sinker. I watching him, I.
Speaker 5: You, you were so on his side. You're like, he's being so great with the cops. Yeah, very likable. He's gonna get through this. He's not anymore.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't agree with it, I said.
Speaker 5: I think he is going to get through it on account of it's just a civil not criminal charge for him. It's just a fine he has to pay for the OWI right.
Speaker 1: But watching the first time, I was like, Okay, he's being decent to the police officers. He is not slurring his words like somebody who has had too much to drink. He has an understanding of what the officer is saying to them. In fact, he's even he's doing something, which is important in communication. If somebody says something to you and you're not sure if they know that you understand it, you repeat it back to that person, and when you repeat it back to them, it acknowledges to them that you've heard what they were doing. That's a level of cognitive behavior that shows like, maybe you're not that hammered in the moment. And so I'm watching him going, Okay, he's going to his grandparents house. He hasn't had anything to drink, he doesn't sound like he's slurring. Tony Romo is he's gonna win this case? But he was lying. He had an open container next to him. He's the only one in the car, and he said he was going to his grandparents' house. And Tony Romo's grandparents are dead. He lied about that, and I cannot believe it. I feel so so lied to, so wronged. Let me see, his grandparents died. When do they die there? They haven't been for a while.
Speaker 5: Did he say I'm going to my grandma and grandpa's house or did he just say I'm going to grandma and Grandpa's house. That's a good question, because the footage shift Tony got it. If Tony has kids, you know, he could be talking like you talked to his kids, like all right, guys, let's go.
Speaker 1: We're going to grandma and Grandpa's house. Uh, let's see before I'm.
Speaker 5: Walking, honey, Sheriff's office.
Speaker 1: I was, how you.
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 1: Mean it? For my stopde?
Speaker 9: Reason for my stop today is the unsafe passing on the right?
Speaker 8: Okay, on safe passing on the right, cutting across the dore obviously up there, Yes, it's the mark area.
Speaker 5: Until yesterday, I had never heard of that being called a gore.
Speaker 1: Me either, I hadn't heard of that either. But she said, where are you? Where are you coming from?
Speaker 11: Dallas?
Speaker 12: Grandpa?
Speaker 1: I got so. He said, I came here to visit my grandma and grandpa. He said, my liar, he said. It's hard to hear if he said my or not, but it seemed to me that he was trying to put out there that he was in town to go see his grandma and grandpa. And according to the news stories I saw today, this son of a bitch lied to me that grandma and grandpa are dead and they've been dead for a very long time. Apparently, let's see told deputy was on his way to visit his grandparents. Let me just bring this up here. This is from Yahoo Sports and it says he was cooperating with cops. Yes, that's true. Rest video. Why was he arrested? Okay? Who are Tony Romo's grandparents? Yahoo Sports says Romo told police he was heading to see quote his grandma and grandpa before being arrested. Romo grew up in the Milwaukee metro area and was arrested in Milwaukee, So that makes sense geographically, a forty six year old man can have a living grandparents. But if it sounds unusual that a forty six year old man was heading to see both grandma and grandpa, that's because it is. Obituaries for Ramiro Romo, Senior and Felicita Felicita Romo of the Racine, Wisconsin indicate both of his paternal grandparents are deceased, while at twenty seventeen obituary for Helen Jakubuski, Jakubowski indicates jack she was Romo's maternal grandmother, and it states that her husband died in nineteen eighty three, So his wife's grandparents, his wife's parents are dead, His mother's parents, his mother's parents. His mother's parents are dead. His father's parents are dead. Correct, All the grandparents are dead. They're all rip rip, Grandma and Grandpa. You're dead now, they're all dead.
Speaker 5: Doesn't mean that he wasn't going to see their house just to be sentimental.
Speaker 1: I think he was lying. I think he was lying, and he was caught in four K and the world could see it now, And I just wanted to say, I retract my statements officially on what I said on the show yesterday. I no longer think that Tony Romo has an open and shutcase against the police in this particular instance. I no longer think that he should definitely keep his TV gig, although I still kind of think that. I think, but he's definitely lying here. One hundred oh. Aj Soup with a twist on this. He could still be going to see his grandparents if they're visiting the cemetery. He never said house. Did he say house one more time? We have to go back to that, all right. One.
Speaker 5: That's well, Aj Soup is kind of saying what I said, like he could still be going to their house, you know, like maybe different people live there. He still calls it grandma on grandpa's house. Uh, maybe he owned his grandma and grandpa's house. Now he is Tony Romo and he's got money.
Speaker 1: But or he could be visiting their their grave site. All of the stories say house. All of the stories say like he said he was going to his grandma and grandpa's house. I'll go back to it one last time. Here. Let's see right around here. Yeah, I know, we gotta basically yell as shot. All right, visit grandma and grandpa.
Speaker 5: Where are you coming from? Wing to visit grandma and grandpa.
Speaker 1: I'm going to meet them, he said, going to meet them, all right? Going. You don't say you're going to meet them. I wouldn't say going to Vermont and I'm going to meet my mom and dad. If I'm going to the cemetery, you would not say that, you wouldn't. He was lying, busted, lying in four k. In my opinion, let me know what you think. I think this changes the game a little bit for him because his grandparents were not with him, and he was lying about that to the police officer. But let us know what you think. Send a dispatch over at the Newsjunkie dot com. Okay, quick, break. When we come back, I'll find out why I broke a bunch of stuff. Here's what I believe happened. I believe that the text to speech feature is incredibly popular right now and crashed one hundred other things as a result. I cannot fix that during the show necessarily, but we have more of these coming in. A lot of the TTS dispatches that are coming in. More people seem to be choosing you as their voice because you've challenged them.
Speaker 5: Toe to get me into a position where I want to cancel my participation.
Speaker 1: I know. I don't want that to happen. I want people to be able to use our voices because it's funny.
Speaker 5: It's basically I was voluntold that my voice would be an option.
Speaker 1: I forgot to clear it with you. I will abide by your wishes. If you want me to take it off, the Sea Lane voice off, the textas speech feature, I will take that off. But I think it's fun and I think people should use somebody use the radio announcer too, so people could see what that's really supposed to sound like. In the Mafia update too, because they're good. They're good. Now. I think it's going to change some minds. But we'll see, all right, we'll get into that if it doesn't crash everything as we roll on. Also, an update on something that is going to be banned very very soon. A seventy four year old woman absolutely melting down, a mother going viral, and all of that is coming up next in the news. Junkie, this is an amazing clip I'm about to play for you, and it's fired some pe up and I'm amazed. Actually, the thing that amazes me the most, sea Land is how many people are taking this woman's side. I think this woman, the one that you were just testing out, Yeah, yeah, oh my god, this this mother. People are taking her side. I think she's crazy. I think she's crazy. But I may for once be like in a minority position here when usually I'm telling you people are. The reaction has been, Oh, she's right, she's one hundred percent right. I agree with her. I think this is a bad parent, all right. I think the audio I'm about to play for you is a woman who is a bad parent, who's dumb as hell and is proud of being a bad parent because she doesn't know how ignorant all the things that she's saying on and that to me is the frustrating part. But this is a mother who is going viral this week on all of the social media platforms that you could think of. There's a lot of action on this video, without a doubt, and I want to play this for you. Here she is, she's talking about her kids. She's got three kids, and she says school's about to start. Her kids don't do homework. They do not do homwork. She refused to have her kids do any homework. Stand By, here we go.
Speaker 4: It's that time of the.
Speaker 7: Year again when I make that video where I let everybody know that my children do not do homework and they're never going to do homework.
Speaker 1: Okay, she says, my kids do not do homework and they're never going to do homework. So let flat out the kids aren't going to ever do it. They've never done it. Her kids are. There's one that's like, oh, she says the ages in a second here. I tried to just get past the part where she drops the s bomb of the video, so hopefully I did that.
Speaker 7: It's school all day for eight hours, come home and do homework if you want to fail them because of it, failed them because of it, and you're the reason why they won't graduate.
Speaker 1: Okay, she says, my kids will never do homework, all right, you have long enough with my kids at school. It's your job to teach them. And she says, if you can't get the job done in school, too bad. And if you fail my kids because they didn't bring in any homework, that's on you. That's your fault. That's your fault. If my kids don't, don't fail. To me, this may be the easiest side picking battle. Ever, this woman fundamentally doesn't understand the job of a teacher. A teacher she thinks she does, though, that's the problem. She's thinks so confident about it.
Speaker 5: She's she might be, you know, coming from this one of these standpoints where it's like when you think of getting into the workforce and you hear like your ads for this, you know, some of the lawyers that advertise on our station will be like, Hey, you are paid to do your job at work, and if you're required to do things outside of work, they're required to pay you for that too, and so you might be on the hook for like missing wages. Like yah, unfair, You're you're doing work that you're not getting paid for You're on the hook for that, right. So I think Morgan has done a few of those before, and so I think maybe she's like taking that back to like, Hey, your job is to teach at the school. They don't need to be doing any work outside of this is that school time, This is my time.
Speaker 1: How ignorant can you be? The job of a teacher. These the hardworking teachers of the United States of America, despite the fact that there's so many terrible parents sending hellion children into their classrooms with attitudes like this. The job of the teacher is to put out a lesson a lesson for the students in the class. Current might be twenty of them, there might be thirty of them, to put out a lesson for the students in the class. The homework is intended to see if the children are actually learning from the lesson, right, So the teacher teaches the lesson, sends it home, and then it's also the responsibility of the parents to do and review that homework with the kids, so you, as a parent are informed on whether or not your child is learning anything in class. This is not some bonafide bonus daycare system for you to send your kids through when it comes to school. And that's this is a way more pervasive thought than you guys think it is. And I'm telling you, I think some people I'm on the mom's side, there's some people already who are taking her side. I think that's crazy. This woman sounds so dopey to me, and she's gonna set her kids up for failure. But she thinks she's so right.
Speaker 7: My twelve year old has never done homework, my ten year old has ever done homework, and my six year old has never done homework, but never going to do homework.
Speaker 9: And that's just that.
Speaker 7: And teachers can get over themselves. You teach them for eight hours a day. If that's not enough time, Like, I don't know what else to tell you. You guys always have an issue with it, and we always make it this big deal and you always call me and prepare and teach your compasses.
Speaker 2: That I don't attend because they don't care.
Speaker 4: Like literally, your job is to teach them at school.
Speaker 1: They don't care. Yeah, that's that's a much heavier statement than she thinks it is. Yeah, that's it. You invite me to these parent teacher conferences. I don't go to them because I don't care. Kids need to learn how to do independent works his bootsy. Yes, yes, true, that's the entire point. Like, how absolutely dopey are you that you don't know this and you've got three kids in them at home?
Speaker 4: Otherwise I would be a homeschool teacher.
Speaker 1: Got it.
Speaker 7: Job as a parent is to play with my kids. Your job as a teacher is to teach my kids.
Speaker 1: Oh god, there's so much in that sentence. There's so much to extrapolate in that sentence. That is an absolute I think it's a symptom of what's happening with a lot of younger parents in that job is to play with my kids. My job is to play with my kids. Your job is to teach them? Is such a symptom of a larger disease.
Speaker 2: Got it.
Speaker 7: Job as a parent is to play with my kids.
Speaker 1: Your job a teacher is to.
Speaker 12: Teach my kid.
Speaker 1: Your job as a parent is one thing. At a fundamental level, it is one thing as a parent, and so many parents fail at this. Your job is to raise your kid, keep them alive, and get them ready for success. That's it, It's all in one. Your job is to keep them alive, and prepare them for the real world. That is the job of a parent. That involves a lot of things that are packed into it, but that's the job. Keep the kid alive and prepare them for a successful life. It's no different than a bird or a bear or anything with a bee, right, a million different animals, a bear or a bever or a pole. It's no different than any of that stuff. That's what your job is, to set your kid up for success before wants to play with them.
Speaker 9: Marcusn't happening.
Speaker 1: First off, I don't want to do it in the first place.
Speaker 7: Like I don't know how to do algebra, and I'm not going to learn how to do algebra.
Speaker 1: Y'all can do it.
Speaker 7: If you want my kid to do homework, have them do it during recess or something. I don't know how you're gonna do it, but I'm not doing homework with my kids.
Speaker 1: Have them do it in recess or something. Do we need to examine the word a little bit? Listen? Do we need to extrapolate the I thought homework had everything you need in it. I thought, like, sure, what is the thing work? Where is it to be done? Home? It's all It's all right. There. I thought it was all right there, but she says do it in school. I was trying to search for this video to see if there was more about this woman or anything, and yeah, all I'm seeing is more people that are seeing this as an option. Why I stopped making my kids do homework? I don't make my children do their homework. Blah blah blah. I'm telling you parents dot com.
Speaker 5: Parents dot Com article titled yes you can opt your kids out of homework?
Speaker 1: Here how I leave?
Speaker 4: I'll leave?
Speaker 1: Is that seriously? On the parents dot com website my kids out of Homework?
Speaker 5: To opt out, I send a note to each of my children's teachers at the beginning of the year, letting them know that my child will not be completing homework, that their overall grades should not be impacted, and that they should not be penalized in any way for not turning in a homework assignment. How do people even want to be teachers? Okay, this is millennial parenting.
Speaker 1: Okay, the Gen Z kids will never do this, The Gen ALPHA kids will never do this to their own kids. The millennial parenting problem is way too much hugging, not enough preparing your kids for the real world, right, Hugging is so much fun, though what you can hug too, You could do both, but you gotta you gotta make sure that you're preparing your kids for success in the future. And my god, is that dope. And then to see so many other people share that opinion makes me want to rip my hair out. She's got a twelve year old to ten year old and a six year old. They've never done homework. They never will do an assignment at home, she says. You teachers, if you have an issue with this, can get over yourselves. Now here's the kicker on this. The teachers are going to go, well, it was part of the assignment to do the homework. You didn't bring your homework in because you haven't done any homework at your mom's request. You are failing this year. And then the mom is gonna do she I think she flat out said it. She's gonna blame the teacher for the kid not passing, because that's how some of these people view schools. It's a daycare where you don't have to teach your kid anything, but everybody else has to. And if your kid fails at anything, it's never your fault. It's solely the fault of the teacher in the school. Now, I'm not totally totally doomer pilled on this because I'll tell you I saw something yesterday. And if Selan's not already going through this, boy will he soon. It's such a fun and frustrating time. I saw this sweet mother she was she probably did, Yes, she probably did. And what in the moment I saw steeln She was driving around the park on a bicycle. This sweet mother had purchased this thing. I'd never seen this before. That made her bicycle in her little kid's bicycle behind her like a double like a you know, like connected the bicycles together so you as the parent can pedal and steer and the kid just holds the handles and rides behind and it makes a like a double bike out of out of any two bikes. And the mom's doing this, and the little kid goes, what's that? And the little kid, as they're going by, points at the crime scene tape that's up because they're doing some construction, you know, like the caution tape. Oh it's up at the park, not crime scene tape, but caution team tape is a difference. So there's been a med the caution tape up at the park and the kid goes, what's that and mom goes, that's because they're doing some work in there. They don't want anybody to get hurt. Wisey yellow, it's because it's a bright color so everybody can see it, so nobody gets injured. Why would somebody get injured because the construction sites sometimes the people have to And the mom is just so exasperated because she's in this phase that happens when kids learn to talk to sea land. The kids ask questions about literally everything you could possibly think of. Every parent knows this who's had a little kid. They ask questions about everything. Why are the clouds white? Why is this? Why is that? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?
Speaker 11: Me?
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 8: Me?
Speaker 1: You know why they're asking that because it's evolutionary and we're supposed to figure out these things and this is how we learn them from our parents, and parents like this are like, I don't know, figure that out at school, and that that is bad parenting and my in my estimation, you let me know what you think. Maybe you disagree. Send a dispatch over at thenewschunky dot com. I just was amazed at the number of people who were like, yeah, No, when my kids come home, they're with me. They're not doing homework.
Speaker 5: This parents dot com article is wild, says if your child goes to an open admissions public school, opting out of homework can be something you consider. While it may be a particularly good choice if homework is causing major household stress, you don't have to wait until your child is miserable to act if they or you would simply prefer to spend the time in other ways. There are no There are no legal requirements that students complete work outside of school hours, and for many children, the actual determinants of homework outweigh the theoretical benefits.
Speaker 1: No, no, this is parents dot com. Yes, what has infested this website? What has infested this publication? You can't if your child this is like, this is like the exact issue that is being washed out. Thank God of American society, in Western society right now can't wash out fast enough. I even saw this in a court case the other day that somebody who's reading in the court case, there was a young woman who claimed that she was sexually assaulted and physically sexually attacked by this man, and the man said she was making it up and that this was not true and she was doing this to harm his reputation. And in the court documents, her attorney said when she said he physically sexually assaulted her, she wasn't speaking about it in terms of the definition of the words sexual assault or the phrase sexual assault. She was speaking at it from her own truth and her view of how these instances went down. And thankfully the judge dismissed that nonsense, so it didn't happen. The lawyer literally tried to do this in a case and the judge dismissed it because there's no such thing as your truth. This is the kind of ideology at play when you say, well, if your kid wants to do something else, of course your kid wants to do something else other than their homework. But being a parents sometimes is about making them do the things that will make them a better adult, you know, not just the stuff that they want to do. Holye cow, there you go, and we'll see what you think about this. I don't know how many of you agree with this, lady, but you can let us know over at the Newsyunky dot com. And the other piece of information I had for you was Delta eight THHC products, all these different THC drinks, hemp derived THCHC. I said that there was a clock ticking on those things, and I said, you won't be able to get them unless something drastic changed. And from that moment things have only gotten worse. The liquor companies that sell these THHC drinks, they are escalating their calls for people to do something about this, otherwise the entire part of the store is going to disappear. And in some places, for some of you, you're already already losing the ability to buy these They're taking them off the shelves already. I'll tell you where this is happen and we'll talk about what's going on in just a little bit. As coming up next in the news, Chunky, they're tired of humans playing god. They say this is people see Lane reacting to the plan to release something. And when I saw this, I was like, I kind of get what you're saying, but it doesn't logically follow, Like it doesn't make sense. In Florida, for those of you who don't know, one of the great scourges of Florida life is mosquitoes. Save for knock on all of the wood in my neighborhood. We have so many bats that the bats eat all of the Yeah, and the bats are amazing. I love bats. I'm a big bat fan. All Right.
Speaker 5: We got a bat house a while back and still have not put it up.
Speaker 1: Well, you got to put it off, I know, I know. They're so good. You get bats going on in your neighborhood and they will completely wipe out the mosquito population. That's the real answer to that. And then we'll just have bats, which is kind of cool. Yeah, I don't mind bats. Maybe there's a bad side of too many bats too, but all right, there there is a Yeah, probably too much guanto must be bad. But this, the story says, I'm tired of humans playing god. Thousands react to a plan to release thirty two million modified mosquitos in Florida. So they're not the first time anything like this has been done. This is how they do it a lot when they're trying to combat diseases and stuff that are spreading. Well, aren't they doing that?
Speaker 5: They were talking about genetically modifying the mosquitos so that.
Speaker 1: The pro creation cuts off, right, That's what it is. Yeah, that's that's what it is. The debug programs they want to release the good name, and Google is behind at least one of the major ones. And Google is getting ready if they're approved in this permit, and they're going to release over the course of two years thirty two million mosquitoes modified mosquitoes. So in one year, sixteen million released out wandering around flying through the airs. Next year the other half the other sixteen million, a total of thirty two million mosquitoes will be released. And this program from Google releases these sterile mosquitoes so that the other mosquitoes try to mate with them, and then they don't end up having more mosquitoes, less mosquitos, less chance that you'll get zeka, which is real bad yellow fever or dengey and other issues that you can run into. I don't think we're supposed to call it yellow fever anymore. Well that's what it says on the sheet in front of me. Here, this article says yellow fever sensitive. Yeah, I think it's a different one. Per officials with the program, this method could help the spread of such diseases without relying on unstainable pesticides or attempting to clear all standing water in an area. Something they say is unfeasible, so they're all male mosquitoes, like the opposite of Jurassic Park. They're all male mosquitoes. The male mosquitoes cannot bite, nor can they spread disease, and then these ones can't have offspring, so they go out there, they're all male, they attempt to mate and then nothing happens, and then they're a lesser population of mosquitoes. But there was a bunch of people who said, what is the ramification, what are the results going to be of this? I'm so tired. This is one of the comments. I'm so tired of humans playing god. And I asked to you, if if that's the way you feel about the mosquito program, you could apply that to like everything that we do with wildlife, because we intervene all the time. We have a contest. We literally had somebody on a couple of weeks ago who was part of the contest to kill pythons because we have too many pythons in the Florida Everglades in particular.
Speaker 5: I think that's not playgody enough for some people's likings. I think when you start hearing genetically modified, you know, people are like, oh, whoa, whoa they're doing. They're putting too much science into this. There's not a lot of science into killing pythons.
Speaker 1: We get it.
Speaker 5: Too many pythons, kills some pythons, less pythons. That's not sciencey, but actually going in and manipulating the genes and having the test tubes, and that's I think that's where people really get the feeling of playing god, and that's where it rubs them the wrong way.
Speaker 1: I think you're exactly right. I think it's genetically modified is the trigger. I think that's what gets people. If you tell people about genetically modified meat or genetically modified foods, the oh my god. And if you say, well, hey, what if what if this one type of banana tasted better? And they're like, oh, I want banana tasted better? Well, what if to do that you have to selectively, like you know, breed the bananas in such so many words, to make the bananas sweeter and bigger and better and less prone to having all sorts of diseases. And they'll go, yeah, yeah, I want those, And you go, that's genetically modified. It's banana eugenics. It's yes, banana eugenics. I'm in full supportive. My favorite type of eugenics is banana eugenics. All right, don't let anybody tell you it's bad. I'm in full support of it. But I don't think this is playing God. I think this is playing smart. I think it's playing smart God. If you believe in God created humans with a level of intellect far beyond anything else. In the animal kingdom, we learned how to do all sorts of awesome stuff, and it's a very dumb stuff with that interrect.
Speaker 5: You know how we keep as a society as humans inventing robots to do stuff that we don't don't want to do anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what of God?
Speaker 5: Crazy idea was like, I'm tired of godding all the time. I have created man in my image. I've made man very, very smart, and he's going to get to a point and he could just yeahs.
Speaker 1: Not just Sundays. Yeah he wants to retire. Yeah, he started out with one day a week and now the retirement plan has arrived. And if you believe in this kind of stuff, it's not playing God. By the way, a lot of these people are quite emotional human beings and they'll play God all the time. Like if somebody see I'll play god.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: For instance, the other day, I cannot believe I'm going to admit this because this is I hate to say this, but it's true. I hate to say this, and it's going to ruin my rep a little bit, but it's true. I was going for my walk the other day and as I was walking. I've mentioned before that the neighborhood that I live in is just full of peak There are peacocks everywhere. And you could tell the new people in the neighborhood because they stop and take pictures. And then after a while you realize, oh, the peacocks are a bit of a problem. They replicate really fast, they're really big. Then I'll have a lot of predators that go after them. And the peacocks are are everywhere, and so I as I'm walking the other day, I see this peacock and it's running along the sidewalk and there's a sparked car blocking the peacock's view, and the peacock is just about to dart in front of a car going thirty miles an hour. It doesn't see that there's a car coming and it's about to go, and I scared the peacock back towards the sidewalk real quick so that it wouldn't step out in front and get plowed by this car. I was playing god in that situation, but I didn't want to get peacock guts all over me.
Speaker 5: Or it was nice for you to just like kind of forget your troubles for a minute and just focus on being a peacock blocker.
Speaker 1: I want to make sure that that thing survived. I was a peacock balker in that moment because I thought I don't want to get peacock cuts on me. I also think I don't want my day to be ruined by seeing an animal get absolutely massacred. And I think intervening is not all that bad. I'm finding intervening in this kid.
Speaker 5: Could you imagine if you let that peacock just get run over, and then the driver of that car looks at you and like.
Speaker 1: You could have said something, man, you could have said it, and I got peacock smeared all over my uh my Mercedes. It was big too, Like it was a full sized peacock, and it was so close to just I saw everything happening in my head. You know, you see things like matrix styles. Sometimes you go, oh, God, the peacock, and you know that the peacock is about to leap in front of the car and then the car is gonna hit you picture it all happening so quickly. I just scurry it the other way, I intervened. I was playing God. I don't care. I think sometimes that's fine. I don't have a problem with it. Maybe everybody is on a different page on this one. We'll see where you're at. Send us a dispatch over on thenewsjunkie dot com. Now, this was something that was supposed to be happening, but not not right away. This was something that was supposed to happen I think in November. But it's already occurring in Texas in particular. We know you've got a lot of you who are are hanging out there in Texas. Here's an example. Texas retailers are already adapting to the shifting legal landscape for hemp in Texas. They are already pulling the THCHC drinks off of the shelves. They're damn shame. Beginning today, all of the THC drinks in the entire state of Texas. I guess hang on, let me see what they said, this is NBC over in Texas talking about their THHC band hitting and just know everything you hear, it's what's going to happen for us. And I think, is it November? Is that when the other, uh, the federal thing is coming up?
Speaker 5: I think so it was like a year from when they passed the thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's November, but I'm not positive. I'll have to take a look. I know all the liquor companies are starting in the liquor stores are starting to send out emails to their customers, but it's already happening in Texas.
Speaker 13: The HC products sold across Texas will no longer be legal. The change will force some businesses to pull products from their shelves, while customers who use them are looking for what comes next. Good Filmans shows us how one North Texas dispensary and its customers are bracing for the change.
Speaker 1: Are they gobbling them all up?
Speaker 14: Endo dispensary And there's a sense of uncertainty.
Speaker 4: In their crying, what are we going to do?
Speaker 1: We want to do through more Bottle on Friday.
Speaker 14: Owner Mike ground says ninety percent of the products on his shelves will have to go. How much of that you have for seventy six year old Rayma Hue, that's hard to accept.
Speaker 1: Oh, the old lady just wants their THC.
Speaker 9: I take the Delta eight to help me sleep. My doctor doesn't recommend sleeping peals for me.
Speaker 1: Amen, lady, Amen. It's so good for helping you sleep, help me get a full night of sleep. It's good at transferring people off of drinking, and it's good for a million other reasons. But now I do get a little paranoid before I sleep. But I did last night, Buddy, Last night, I was like, did I have too many of these things? By mid November of this year, that's going to be happening in Florida, says Tanya. Yes, it's happening in Texas for our friends there already. There are a lot of different states where this is kicking in early, but the one in November is a federal deal, I think, I believe, And the theory is that that's from the liquor companies who took a big hit as a result of this, and they want to remove your options from it.
Speaker 14: With the products she's relied on for years to treat insomnia. About to disappear from store shelves.
Speaker 11: I got your covered.
Speaker 1: She stopped up, thank you.
Speaker 14: In a matter of hours. Texas will ban the sale of consumable heat products containing intoxicating cannabinoids.
Speaker 1: Like delta PHCP. The state says those products pose a risk to public health. Yeah, there's a huge risk to public health. Now, please if you will shift over from the thhcile to the tequila isle, where everything is very healthy for you and nothing will bother your health at all. Who the hellth says cannabinoids? I've not, I think right, that's what I've heard. Cannabinoids. Do you smoke?
Speaker 5: Do you think that now that they've sold these in stores and people have gotten kind of used to them and relied on them, do you think maybe not this specific, but some ladies like this will go well, I can't get my THHC gummies anymore. I'm gonna have to just find a good old fashioned drug dealer.
Speaker 1: That's right. They're gonna go to the streets. They're gonna go to the black market. This lady's like, I can't sleep anymore, and the only other option is for you to buy so many nowadays that you can last for the rest of your life, and I've already done the math. It ain't good.
Speaker 5: You've already found out the cubic disc, the cubic feet of your Harry Potter room. It seem just how much nowadays you can fit in there. Nowadays are not cheap folks. I think a six pack is like fifteen dollars. You were the one that decided on drinking the most expensive THCHC drink on the shelf.
Speaker 1: It's the best one I buy the buddies, and they are my buddies. Well, maybe they're good. Maybe I should be trying those out.
Speaker 5: I have found that the flavors on them, especially the zero sugar, because there are no product when to zero sugar faster than these THHC seltzers. It was like perfect for people on like low carb diets and stuff. You're like, you want to get a little high. Here's a seltzer that has the hint of flavor, a suggestion of flavor. Look how healthy they are. You see what we're hearing exactly. And then so I don't find them to have that much taste. So my regimen when I'm having a California sober night is to take one of the ten milligram cans, split it into two mocktails, you know, and then just and I mix it with ginger beer. So it's very similar to what I would be drinking if there was VA and I love it. It's the same thing, you know, a similar taste, and it's great.
Speaker 1: I don't mix in the ginger beer, but that's actually a good idea I should try that. I do, but I do the same thing you do. I make a little mocktail at it, and I'm not drinking alcohol. Alien two says, grow your own ass? Where are the instructions on how to grow nowadays?
Speaker 8: What am I.
Speaker 1: Supposed to do? He's talking about just grow your own weed?
Speaker 15: Why?
Speaker 1: Exactly? But Sean, all you need to do is cultivate a small marijuana garden in your backyard, make that marijuana grow to full height, figure out how to shock it and get the bud to come off the plant, Separate the THHC from the flowers. Distill this into a usable liquid that you can then make into your own beverage that hopefully doesn't kill you or get you too high because you have no idea what you're doing? Am I, mister wizard? What do you think I'm gonna be am I Bill Ny the science guy. I don't. I have no idea how to do any of that.
Speaker 5: I just want to be able to go to the store and buy the thing that I can bind Willie Wonka for weed. Yeah, I already exists. What am I supposed to do? To hell with this whole thing? And not enough people are angry enough? So guess what's gonna happen. My words will fly out into Nowhereville, into the ether, and then at the end of the year, you guys would be like, oh man, you're right about that thing. I guess we can't get those anymore unless you want something to change. And then you got to get a little bit loud about this. That's what I think you need to do. Let us know your thoughts.
Speaker 1: Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Okay, we got to get into your dispatches, which I think we'll do in just a moment.
Speaker 8: Here.
Speaker 1: We'll save these, I'll play some of those. We'll get to also your emails, which are coming in. Big thank you, big fat, giant thank you to Oh shoot, who was it. I didn't get the email for this because the website was completely crashing the moment I can tell you hang on, I could tell let me bring this up, Tom Tom. Thinking to Tom Tom Gifted subscriptions over on the news Junkie dot com. Those folks be able to check out Secret Shows, which is streaming at eight pm today, as with all Thursdays eight pm Eastern streaming on the News Junkie dot Com. You watch live or watch on demand on Friday, So go subscribe to support the show over They're thanking to Tom Tom for the Gifted subscription going to news Junkie dot com com. Yeah, he ain't that, Tom Tom. It just works. When we come back. The new documentary that is really really freaking people out is pretty crazy to see and it's got me changing my mind about something for the second time today. What's that It's coming up next on the News Junkie. Last night we watched the new Brian Koberger docuseries on Netflix and I got to tell you a completely changed my mind about this story. It's called No. I don't think he's in his sad. I think I mean, I think the case is such an open and shut case to me, because if you don't remember this case, Brian Koberger was this scumbag who went to this small town in Idaho and at this house. I'm looking at the house here from the Netflix trailer for the Idaho Murders, and this house is kind of strange. It's like this three story house where all these girls lived together and it was like a party house for college. And he was casing the house, and eventually, in the middle of the night, about three or four o'clock, he stopped by sneaks into the house and he went through the house and killed four people. Killed three women, three young women in the prime of their lives. For God's said, you know, twenty something year old, the whole lives ahead of them. I should say, your whole life is the prime. But the whole life was ahead of him, and these young girls had that stripped away from them by this lunatic. And it changed my mind. It really didn't. Because number One, they had a lot of great footage. Bodycam footage is just a boon to the documentary world. It's huge, it's changing everything. It's adding so much great footage to these documentaries. And they showed a lot of scenes in this that I had never seen before. But the thing that really changed my mind was this documentary about those murders in Idaho of those those college girls. I said that I was I was angry because Brian Coberger he put in a guilty plea in exchange for not getting the death penalty, and the prosecution and the judge they gave it to him. And we remember the whole thing where the like the family statements, the victim statements were these people were coming up to the microphone and they were just letting this guy have like, oh my god, they were cursing him. They were like absolutely letting it rip one hundred percent on on this guy because he murdered their loved one. And that's awesome, right, It's awesome that they were able to do that and have that. I should clarify, But I said, well, now all of a sudden, Brian Coberger wants to retract his guilty plea and he's arguing that his lawyers were giving him bad advice, et cetera, et cetera. And I said, the judge should deny this. The family has already gone through this. The family, the families of all these victims just want to move on with their lives. But when I watched this documentary, the families made it so clear that they want this dude to get the death penalty, all right. They were mad that the prosecutor made a deal. They were upset that they didn't get to have their day in court. So if the family members want that, and they would be happy that he would withdraw his guilty plea, I changed my mind. I think that the judge should grant it. Let the family members have that day in court, let them go after that death penalty. It's an open and shutcase. The guy's DNA was found on the knife shield or the sheath. You could say that he left behind at the murder scene, the knife sheath that he was proven to have purchased on his Amazon account. The knife sheath had his DNA that they traced back to him. The DNA from that gave them a warrant to take his cell phone information and track him as he would go to this neighborhood over and over and over again, casing it beforehand, casing this tiny little town in Idaho where this all went down, and then after the murders, never going back to that town again, which is very suspicious obviously.
Speaker 5: Do you think the family members do want the judge to grant this request for a new trial.
Speaker 1: I think that they would, judging by what they said on the docuseries, I thought that they would.
Speaker 5: The stuff that they said on the docuseries. Was it after the courtroom day where everybody had their say it him and the the case was all closed and he was sentenced and hauled off to jails.
Speaker 1: Yes, I believe so.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And my curiosity would be like, yeah, you you talk to the family members at the time who were really upset that this plea deal was allowed to happen, and you know, they made it, they said as much. And then maybe they've had some time to try and move past this, and perhaps some of them would go, yeah, I wish he would have been given the death penalty or not been given this this plea deal. But at this time, you know, I've done so much work on myself on getting past this, on on moving on that giving this guy a new trial would just kind of well, stuff back up.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I've never been in a situation like this, so I mean I haven't either, but I think I would feel exactly how you just explained. I think that's how I would feel.
Speaker 5: I believed that that you wouldn't want to like bring it back up, No, have it like re ignite old feelings in everything that you went through at the moment.
Speaker 1: No, to be totally clear, there was three young girls and one young man who were killed by Brian Koberger. In this docu series that Idaho Murders. They lay the whole thing out. It's really really good in very interesting watch for sure. But there were, you know, four families that were affected by this, and you know many more down the line. The families of the young man who died, they didn't even show up to the court thing where they were making their statements and stuff. They did a memorial where they all went out on the water and partied in his memory, and they like, they didn't want to be part of this stuff. So that family doesn't feel that way. But the other three families are like death, you know, they want they want revenge. Some of the footage I don't know if I could play this or not. This is from the preview that Netflix put out. Stand by the dump buttons see them find them?
Speaker 4: Yeah, to the rooms called checks. They thought they saw someone in here last night and they won their rooms.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is some young guy. If you don't know the story, there were ones. The cream of it.
Speaker 4: There was.
Speaker 1: There was two women who were inside this house in Idaho whor all the murders took place, and they got very, very scared, and one of them she locked herself in her room after Brian Coberger literally walked by her in the hallway and spared her. For whatever reason, she was freaking out. She was maybe on mushrooms, you don't know, freaking out. And then she didn't dial nine to one when this happened around four o'clock in the morning. She didn't dial nine one one until the next day around noon. So this these murders had happened in this house. This woman had seen the intruder and had known what was going on. There was the texting going on between roommates and stuff. But she was so freaked out, so maybe you know, tweaked out that she didn't call nine one one for like eight hours. And she also called some of her friends, including the guy that the cops are approaching here and said, something happened in my house. And it was that guy who went into the room and discovered that something was wrong.
Speaker 2: And I love the word I saw that.
Speaker 1: I saw that is there anybody else upstairs?
Speaker 4: Don't touch anything.
Speaker 1: Don't touch it.
Speaker 2: Drive that night.
Speaker 4: And the kitchen because when I went in there, I didn't know if there's something there. Okay, Like you can.
Speaker 1: See the house is all set up at a party house. They've got flip cup or you know, like beer pong. Yeah, they were just college kids living life and joining themselves. Be sure that you ready with you.
Speaker 16: Tell my name?
Speaker 1: Okay, ship right here, I.
Speaker 4: Want to go in the house over here.
Speaker 1: That's freaking out. The house wasn't clear yet, you dream here and all. They showed the moment where I'll stop it right there because it by positive the perfect spot. That's when he stumbled upon the other two bodies. And it is definitely worth watching. And it's called The Idaho Murders over on Netflix. If you haven't seen that series yet, watch it and report back. Let me know if it changes your mind on anything. Go over to the Newsjunkie dot com and email us afterwards to tell us how you feel about it.
Speaker 5: Every time this guy comes up, you know what, people are reaching out for coburger? Yeah, well they want to know what's if we talked to or heard from that psycho a woman that I forgot about that lady, this psychopath lady. Yeah, I mean when it came up yesterday, people were in the chat room about it. Now, Pisenberg's texting me about it, like, what's up with this lady? What would you guys ever reach out to the psychopath that was a big Coburger fan. She was in that reddit that was like pro Coburger. Yeah, I don't have her number. I wish, I wish I did. But she was very secretive, like she was married.
Speaker 1: This woman. If you don't know the story this woman, you can go back to the news Junkie interviews on the website. She I got a hold of her, and she was She said she was a psychopath and she loved the Brian Coburger guy because he too was a psychopath. And she wanted to leave her husband secretly and marry the murderer and run away with him. And she was so strange and she had to be secretive and was hiding her information and stuff. No, I don't know what she's up to, but probably nothing good. It's very very strange, that whole thing. All Right, We're gonna take a quick break when we come back. Oh, by the way, thanks to DJ Rage for the gifted subscriptions. Thank you so much, Rage what an amazing got ten gifted subs that makes for him and Tom Tom so far today you could be next. Every single one helps go gift yours or subscribe yourself over at the Newsjunkie dot com. When we come back to hot sheet is coming up, we'll see what's happening there. And also we got a bunch more to get into, including I have to explain to you this new technology that people are getting excited about that is freaking me out. That's gonna be in the second half of the show. It's all coming up next on the News junk Keye. A lot of people have been emailing me and we'll work in some of those responses here in just a little bit. Oh my god, somebody just send me a story and attached like forty photographs to the story.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, I could see that from the tiny thumbnail. I can see how the are.
Speaker 1: What in the drama have you stumbled on, sir or madam? I don't know, but like here, Sean, there's something going on. You need to know about this. I need your comments on this. It's like attached four hundred pictures that will tell you what the I'll take I'll take a look at it. I'm always happy to take a look. Let's see, do we have any dispatches I want to work in, maybe some a couple of them before we get into the hot sheet. Here in just a moment, let's see here here is Bland with the dispatch joining us on the showy. Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 9: Playing God on an individual basis is fun. Saving that peacock, great, I saved some bunnies Yesterday's pretty cool about it. But when you have played God on a bigger scale, all of these tons of mosquitoes, that's going to have more than just an individual effect. How many people? How many mosquitoes are going to hit some cars windshield? How many of them are going to fly into people's homes? How many animals are.
Speaker 4: Going to eat them?
Speaker 9: What does it mean when you eat some weird mosquito like that, that one little animal?
Speaker 15: I don't know.
Speaker 9: It's too big of a scale. That's too godly, individual God great, affecting multiple people God not so fun?
Speaker 1: All right, there we goes Blands take on that. I will tell you they said that all the mosquitoes they were releasing for that project, they said that they don't bite, do they? I don't know. I mean I think.
Speaker 5: Is this one of those things that everybody, if we were to say wrong, everybody like, oh, you idiot, female mosquitos are the only ones to bite. They're releasing male mosquitos that can'taturally, So yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Think I think that's the case. So, yeah, they're all male. They don't. I'm having like a DejaVu of being wrong about that before. Yeah, probably somebody on the texting service like, actually, you know if they might be right about that. So, but that's what they're releasing, and they're allegedly they don't bite, and then when they mate, they don't have actual mosquito larva that comes to you know, the birth status or whatever birth status as they say, still work though. All right, let's let's do this. Here we go. Let's to the hot sheets.
Speaker 4: It's new.
Speaker 1: But not like important news that's investigatory parting on the planet book.
Speaker 5: Top stories from the people on your screens and speakers are on a hot sheet with Sea Lane. That's right. The top five stories in the nonsense news brought to you by that mortgage guy Don And uh, this this story I pulled because it was very similar to something we talked about earlier this week, where remember the writer of or the writer the I don't even know if you call her writer. She was a translator that did the most recent translation of the Odyssey, Yeah, from the Greek poem to English text, and it was her take on it that Chris Nolan based the movie on. And then she was like, I would be embarrassed to have written this movie. And you're like, all right, lady, come on, that's what.
Speaker 1: It's been pretty successful, this Odyssey movie. People are.
Speaker 5: I mean, I was just in the hallway and I was telling one of our promo guys. I was like, I don't know if I could sit in a in a movie theater for three hours. And somebody who just was coming around the corner just guessed what we were talking about. Heard three hours in a movie theater knew we were talking about. Odyssey goes.
Speaker 1: You gotta do it, man, it's the greatest movie you got. You gotta go see the Odyssey in theaters. Literally just saw somebody in chat moments ago say can't wait finally going to see the Odyssey this weekend. So as a pretty common little conversation that's going on, which says to me that they did a good job. Right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well there's another author that's finding themselves in a similar situation, except much worse. And these these adaptations of books have been huge, especially on the streaming platforms, you know, skipping movie theaters going straight to streaming. A lot of Netflix movies are killing it with these book adaptations. And there's this author who wrote a novel called Children of Blood and Bone, and there's an up Her name is Tommy or Tommy at a Yemmy, and she said the upcoming Paramount film adaptation of her book was quote the worst thing I ever had to live through.
Speaker 1: End quote.
Speaker 5: I never want to hear about this project again, end quote, in a five minute video posted by herself on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 5: She co wrote the screenplay for the film, so she even has like her hand in the actual film. Had previously spoken out about how she wouldn't watch Children of the Blood and Bone movie based on her African fantasy novel after being on set it's production.
Speaker 1: This is the black one. Yeah, I've seen. I saw the book. I think this was a very successful book, and so I didn't know that they were making into a movie just yet.
Speaker 5: She said, she left the set of Children of Blood and Bone hyperventilating and sobbing, and she's still being antagonized behind the scenes. Representatives for at Amy Paramount and the director did not immediately respond to request for comment. When I'm about to share is not a secret to the people involved. It's a reality that I've had to live with for about a year and a half, and everyone involved, at least the highest level, has been made aware of this reality. They haven't done anything to make it better. If anything, they've only antagonized me.
Speaker 1: And I accept that. But I also accept that if I don't say something, I think it's just going to be worse. So what does she say? She doesn't like about the movie version of her book, Like, you know, the acting sucks, the story is ruined.
Speaker 5: It's weird because she's being a little dodgy, it seems, she goes I'm not going to speak on what I endured to make it through the young adult trilogy, and I'm not going to speak about everything that I also suffered through or endured to make the adaptation and reality. I'm actually only going to speak about what happened after I left that set of my own film adaptation hyper hypervitilating and sobbing. There are many witnesses, so it's not really a secret. I came back to America and suffered such severe somatic pain and so many panic attacks. I knew it was so bad that I would never ever be able to watch this film, and I made peace with that. This is the greatest review ever of your own movie. Can you imagine bringing her to set?
Speaker 1: Like, guys, everybody beyond point, the author of the original story is going to be on set today. She's going to be over the moon and you look back at she's crying. You're like, we've really she's affected.
Speaker 5: She's having a panic attack, Guys, I don't know how affected she is Damn's. Earlier this month, in a now deleted TikTok video, she posted what appeared to be a group chat that included Children of Blood and Bone actor Amandla Stenberg. She wrote, do not ever use my name in an interviewer video again, do not text me, do not call me. She is really breaking up with this entire production, and it is. It's pretty fascinating, but.
Speaker 1: I says she's attention seeing at this point, Well, there's only two possibilities. One she's unhinged and crazy as hell and impossible to please. Or two the movies as bad as she's saying it is, which will be amazing if it was. I mean, the curiosity is strong there. I don't know exactly what's wrong with the movie, but I didn't want to watch it before and now I'm kind of yeah, maybe I have nothing else going on that day.
Speaker 5: There is a I typically like reserve myself to use the term porn star because I feel like it's overused. But I did look this girl up and she is very highly awarded for her porn career.
Speaker 1: What a diligent work person, this guy. I looked up her Wikipedia. That was it.
Speaker 5: There was and I didn't see any pink parts yet, I don't believe. But Emily Willis has gotten a massive settlement. Now, these porn stars, you think they make a lot of money.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't think in twenty twenty six, no, But I I'm very disconnected.
Speaker 5: A lot of money is spent in the industry. There's multiple award shows that you know, kind of recognize people's work in the adult film industry, stuff like that, and this Emily Willis has won a bunch of different awards. One of them was called Awesome Analyst. So, I mean, you know, good for her. She must have done a really good job. She's won a couple awards that are related to that'sarticular table. Well, you just keep working at it, buddy. But she had like this really bad experience in a rehab center and she her family, her and her family have been awarded a gigantic settlement for suing this place. Emily Wi Willi's family has reached a massive settlement with the Malibu rehab facility where she suffered catastrophic brain damage that she's slowly recovering from. So what happened was she was going to this treatment center for ketamine addiction, okay, and at some point at the treatment center she had she went into cardiac arrest and I guess they did not like respond quick enough or something, and she had like thirty to forty minutes without oxygen and it really scrambled her brain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that I think that's enough to just do it, it says.
Speaker 5: Emily was one of the adult industry's biggest stars in one Performer of the Year at the twenty twenty one av Ords. She later transitioned into mainstream acting appearing in the sci fi film Divinity. But right now, after more than ten surgeries, she's in Mexico working with top tier therapists and the family's hoping to travel to Spain so she can undergo new neurological brain related procedures, trying to stimulate the systems that control speech, communication and movement. Right now, she can only communicate with her eyes and by shaking her head, and she they say she understands about eighty percent of what's going on. But they reached the settlement with that rehab facility for three million dollars. The defendants denied wrongdoing, did not admit liability. So my question is you get better, Like there's no way she goes back in.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't think if you're without oxygen for that long, I thought it was just over. I thought there was no chance that you would be able to even be a functioning human being, that it literal would.
Speaker 5: Be a miracle if she was. It looks like they're trying to exercise all their options. I mean, go taking her to Spain for a new neuralife logical brain procedure. They're really trying, and I mean probably gonna spend every penny of that three million dollars, trying to get her to a more communicative state. BTS, the Korean pop group Big Fan Sean Love Them Yes, They have announced that they will not be submitting their music for consideration at the twenty twenty seven Grammy Awards. They're a little bit upset at some of the rules about this new category they have at the Grammies. You see, the band were widely expected to be in competition for some of the biggest categories at the Grammys, including Albums of the Year, after their comeback record ararang Ari Rang became one of the year's biggest sellers. However, they're not eligible for the new Best Asian Pop Music Performance Prize, which was announced last month. You would think they would be ringers for it, dead ringers for it. BTS biggest K pop band there is and under Grammy rules, songs nominated for the category Musk and Meaningful Use of an Asian Language and more than eighty percent of the lyrics on their comeback record are sung in English, so they're literally being told. BTS is being told by the Grammys that their comeback record is not Asian enough for the Asian Pop Music Performance Prize. The introduction of the new award met with mixed reception and the K pop spaces online many fans complain, instead of celebrating Asian armists, the Gray, the Grammys are pigeonholing them. And speaking of speaking of, you know, just music in general and artists, boy George really wants to piss off a large swath of people.
Speaker 1: And I think he's He's picked.
Speaker 5: Two lanes simultaneously, simultaneously, two lanes that will do just that. What's the first thing you think a musician can do that was gonna piss Yes, a very very expensive concert tickets. No, No, I mean that's that's all people if they love them enough. Politics, that's a big one, yes, sort of one of the lanes. But what's the other one? To teaz, we do it all the time in.
Speaker 1: Music, in music, oh Ai ai ai.
Speaker 5: So Boy George has admitted that not only has he used AI to make a new song, but he made a used AI to help write his new pro Israel reggae song called We Will Dance Again.
Speaker 1: That sounds so fake, so hold on, boy George has used artificial intelligence to write his new pro Israel reggae song, Right so.
Speaker 5: Right, on the one hand, they're like the artist community is like you should be ashamed of yourself for using AI. And then there's the other hand where the this This person on x formerly Twitter says, I can't I honestly can't believe that my old friend boy George has made an overtly pro genocide, anti Palestinian piece of musical propaganda.
Speaker 1: George, you should be ashamed. I hope you think the money was enough to sell your boy.
Speaker 5: George just really trying to burn down all the bridges with his AI pro Israel song. So good luck to him and laughing not least, congratulations.
Speaker 1: To Lil Wayne and Lil YACHTI, Yeah, winners at the racetrack.
Speaker 5: Wait what yes, Lil Wayne and Lil YACHTI maybe they went havesis or something on a racehorse and their racehorse has earned a four hundred thousand dollars prize and earned a Breeder's Cup berth where hers scored a massive victory and punched its ticket to the Breeders Cup. The horse is called Listen Up Schantz. That's all one word. Don't know what it means. Listen Up Schantz, owned by celebrity back to run fast racing one the four hundred k Grade one bing Crosby Steaks Saturday at del Marthoro, a Thoroughbred club. The four year old gelding was stayed near the front before taking the lead and holding off Maximum Bourbon by a nose.
Speaker 1: All right, time your time, Thomas ticking. Oh yeah, all right.
Speaker 5: Well, hey, if you have a mortgage rate with a seven right in front of it, it's time to check into a refi. That mortgage guy Don wants to save you some money. You should be doing that refi real quickly, and you can go find him at his website, that mortgage guy Done dot com. Quick what don't we even have the four hundred dollars clocks here for I'm not going to look at him.
Speaker 1: Quick break when we come back. Quick announcement for you some we got to talk about. That's coming up next on the News Junkie as always on Thursday eight pm, A new secret show is streaming live tonight. If you can't catch that, don't worry. On Friday, it's on demand for everybody at five pm and you can and become a subscriber Unlocked the entire world to the premium subscription world over there on the website, including the ability to send those texts to speech in my voice now and in Sea Lane's voice, and we have more of those. I don't know how much I want to work these in. I worry that Sea Lane is going to want his name removed from this before the end of the show. But yeah, there's, there's Yours is the most used so far. I think I can check the stats on it, but I think it might be the most used anyhow. Quick note right now, this is when we normally do Fritz on the Street on Thursdays. At this time, we normally do Fritz on the Street. But Fritz has had some stuff, some emergency stuff that he's had to deal with, so he's not he's gone. He's nowhere around here, out of town with an emergency that he's is handling on his side. So as far as i'm I know, that should be back on schedule next week. But yeah, yeah, yeah, So I don't want to say much more about it than that, but he's going through a bit of a tough time at the moment, and he should be back on track with Trivia and with Fritz on the Street and all of that good stuff next week. So thinking about Fritz as as he's out today. All right, let's see what do we have for you.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 1: I wanted to tell you this because I think this number is actually even higher. But there was an article that was starting to get attention that suggested that sixty six percent of young workers this is why you're getting fired everywhere, young workers. So why the average worker in the marketplace in the United States of America and our economy is getting older and older and older. Sixty six percent of young workers say they pretend to be productive at work for at least portion of their day. Now, I'll tell you something very quickly. When you look at that and scoff, I don't think this is just young people. I think everybody with a desk job does a whole lot of pretending. I think that everybody with a desk job has some portion of the day where they're like, you know, typing away on the keyboard, just getting the job done.
Speaker 5: Over here, they literally sell things on Amazon that you can buy, yeah, that move your mouse for you so that you if your company employs some sort of like timer, that's like if the mouse goes idle for too long, we know you're not working. They sell things you could like like a mouse pad or something you could put under it that moves the cursor around.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. You can you can buy your way into this kind of laziness. That's because most people do this, and honestly, because most jobs require it. Right, Like this job, I have to do a lot of stuff. You probably don't think it's a lot of work, and that's fine, but I have to constantly keep going. I don't really get much of a break on anything. I've always viewed it as this scene and I love Lucy for you boomers, where she's working at the chocolate factory. That's what doing this show is like. Right. The chocolates just keep coming down the thing, and you're trying to work through them as fast as you can, but there's no end in sight, and you just got to keep going, keep going, like a madman or a mad woman in her case. And in her case, Lucy just couldn't keep up with the chocolates on the little conveyor belt at her job, and all hell broke loose. We gotta work triple time over here to keep the wheels rolling around and keep that going. So I can't really I'm faking working over here. But if I worked in some office at a cubicle or something, you can really get all your work done in a fourth of the day. This is how it works. I've had a job like that before. You could get all your work done and like a fourth of the day. And then there's other jobs like the water delivery job that I talk about that I had that was different because you had X number of deliveries you had to do every day. And let's say, and this happened from time to time. Sorry, Danny, if you're still out there, Danny, my former boss at the water company, Sorry if you're still out there. For more reasons than you might imagine. But every once in a while, I was in my early twenties at the time when I was doing that water delivery job, the big like five gallon you know, things of water to offices in people's houses. I would have gotten way too drunk the night before, and so I would go to work, load up the truck with all of my water deliveries for that day, and I would drive back to my house and go to sleep for two hours. Nice it would completely out.
Speaker 5: You've told that one before. I don't know that that one's a news story, but it's still a fun.
Speaker 1: I would go to sleep for like two hours, and then when I woke up, I'd be huh oh, and then either be calls I go just out here getting the job done, boss, and I would get everything done, and sometimes I'd have to work later than I imagine. But they said sixty six percent of young workers are pretending to be productive at work. I refuse to believe that the olda's aren't doing the same thing. I think that they are. I think the old people are in their cubicles or wherever they are, and I think they're doing the same exact thing. But let us know if you've seen that as well. I do it at home, why not?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do it. I do it at home.
Speaker 5: I you know, our normal kind of day to day when Ashley's working and I get home and I'm I'm playing around with the kid, but there's probably a handful of things I need to do, dishes, clean up stuff, cook dinner, and I save that until I get the notification that she's in the car headed towards the house. And I was like, all right, let's crack the nuts and get all this stuff done really fast.
Speaker 1: She doesn't know, the difference doesn't matter if it's done right. If the work gets done, it's fine. Your only question should be is this person doing a good job? And do I feel like their workload and everything the quality of their work is good. That's the only thing you should ever question. If your answer to that is no, then you know you know what you need to do basically, right. That's that's as simple as it could possibly be. But if you hire somebody and they here's the workload you want, and they get it all done up to the quality you want in a quarter of the time, why would you ever care. They're just being more efficient than you imagine they would be. All right, a couple of quick things in the tech world. Help me figure out what this is. It's popping off right now online. It's a piece of technology that's going pretty viral right now all over. It's called Orchid, and we have to figure out exactly what this does. You Like, here's the commercial? All right? This is a woman and I guess this is her struggling with her husband because it's their annivers RENI forgets big day.
Speaker 4: It's huge.
Speaker 1: Keep going, I got you, I got you, I got you. Send us send it doesn't even know bigg so he doesn't know what's going on. The husband he's playing video games with his friends, and she's like, it's a big day. Do you even know? And then this is Orchid, right, this is the technology that's come across the screen here orchids. So he forgot. She's texting whatever, Orchid is nothing, you forgot.
Speaker 17: And you're just called about it.
Speaker 1: I've got to cover. This is Sam we're talking about. Don't worry. I got it all right. So she sends a text message to whatever this technology is. People are saying, if this ever comes out, it's over. If this comes out, if this technology is released, just shoot me already. I still don't know what it is. I wanted to wait to see what was going on. Here is the guy now that wasn't remember his remembering his anniversary cereal? Time grab some cereal out of the cabinet. So Orcid is texting him or it says, Sam, how's the cereal because it's your anniversary and you're eating cereal. I don't know how Orchid knows this is happening. I don't know how it knows he's in the refrigerator or eating cereal or whatever. But it's reminding him that it's his anniversary. Wait what he said, Yeah, it's the same date every year, Orkid, this is bad. I need your help fix everything please. And then it books a table at a restaurant. I guess it books flowers and takes care of all of this stuff for the anniversary. Oh and then she's able to talk to Orchid as well and know that the anniversary is still on. And then they've got like a reservation in and then flowers have been ordered. Or kid your your inbox manager, your date planner, your assistant, your everyday assistant on I Message. So it's like you can message this thing that gets all of the work done. But how would it know. It would have no idea that that somebody was in the refrigerator or the cameras. Yeah, like what, I don't I don't understand what the point of this would be. Twenty million views, It says the Assistant that Never sleeps Orchid dot AI is that where you're at right meat, Orchid your personal assistant. It's a personal assistant that helps you stay organized, find information, get things done all through messages. So you do something like text that you need a vacation and then it does all of the investigation for you. But then like if you're both in on it, you and your partner, and it books all of the stuff for your anniversary, and then it tells your wife that is doing that, like well, and she's checking in, like how's he doing?
Speaker 4: Is he?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're fixing this up. It's like there's a third person in this relationship.
Speaker 5: We're just playing a little game here where we pretend that this is, uh, you know, it's something he came up with on his own.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this says Orchid. Surprise me from day one. I run gas stations, and Orchid tracks fuel prices around every one of them. It texts me when a competitor moves so I can adjust the same day, not a week late. Orchid checks in on me every morning and hypes me up before big days, reminds me about vitamins, workouts, my mom's birthday, and never drops the ball. So I don't either that, like, doesn't your doesn't your calendar do these things? That's all I know. When it's somebody's birthday, for God's sake, I don't have Yeah, I just feel like I've already got this covered. But maybe it says automate your life using habits. Stay on top of it, man, never let anything slip through the cracks. It's going to be your second brain. Oh, there's one point seventy three nine milli million actions logged by the new assistance so far. I've not heard I've not heard of this. I don't think that I need this, but they're assuring you that this is going to change your life in some major way. There's one that does.
Speaker 5: There's one thing that's like, hey, heads up, your flight check in opens in an hour. Want me to grab your usual aisle seat, so it'll do that for you. I don't actually hate that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's kind of a good use case, now that I'm thinking about it. I because I always forget when we would do Southwest, we would have to do the early check in, and they had it like at this time it opened up and if you did it quickly, you would get a great seat, and if you didn't, you would get a terrible seat. So that one I would probably do. Actually, yeah, but the rest.
Speaker 4: Of it I don't need.
Speaker 5: It just seems like you know that I don't have a full list of what it can connect to, but it's like showing a preview of some of the different apps that it can interact with, you know, drop Box, your emails.
Speaker 1: I like that I could do that, but otherwise you haven't sold me yet Orchid. We'll see if you've used this, if you've heard of this, it's kind of popping off right now. Let us know your experience and a dispatcher an email over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Okay, Lewis emails the show. Lewis says the tips at the news Junkie dot com one hundred percent of people slack off at work. I think you're right. It's not just the digital thing. Lewis says. I've had many jobs when I was younger, and there were jobs where, yes, we had to be there nine to five, but as long as we got the work done, all was good. I didn't know if it was because I was usually the youngest person at most jobs, but my mentality was, let's bust the workout quick and have basically three hours of doing whatever we wanted. When I worked at Target, every hour we had a certain number of tasks to do, and sometimes it was just one task, so I'd quickly go to do it and then find somewhere to nap until the next hour, sleeping in the target. In all all, oh, I think some jobs should be paid based on productivity versus hourly or daily or even salary. That's not a bad point. I mean, like when you talk about four day work week, three day work week, I think Lewis is onto something smarter and better here, and that is the work week. When they tell you the amount of work that needs done and the quality expectations of the work, and then when you do that, you're done. That's the job. That's the work life that I think people want. Say, here's what I expect out of you this week. When that stuff gets done, Whether you do it in five days or three days, it doesn't really matter to me. It doesn't matter to me at all. Like that, to me would be better. A vendasaurus says, if you need a robot to remember you care about me, I don't want it ffs true. Speaking of robots, the FCC has just banned all robot vacuums made outside the United States of America. That means probably sea lanes, min roboocks, ecovacs, dream with an e Samsung. All foreign born robot vacuums have been banned by the FCC. All right, they are not allowing you to purchase these anymore. They're prohibited from receiving FCC equipment authorization, which is mandatory for most electronic devices imported or sold in the country. But the existing ones usually your grandfathered in for stuff like this. Yeah, they're not going to tell you you have to get rid of what you already have, but I think that they will stop the import of some of these new ones. So that's a big marketplace. I know on Amazon you put in robot vac and there's a ton of them, and I think most of them are not made in the United States. Sure, bdm x con says we've been invaded, been invaded by the COMMI rumbas. Maybe that's what they So they want you to think there's a lot of stuff like this that they're trying to crack down on, drones, et cetera, et cetera. But let us know what you think. Perhaps you've got one of these, we'll see what you think about this. Set us a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Finally, listen mind one Okay, sorry Bouje. During that whole segment, I had a string coming out of my shirt and just kept pulling and pulling and pulling, and I could not get I finally got at the break off right at the end. Is there we go? It was meant to be thank you, thank you, thank you very much, thank you, thank you. Did it take me a while? Yes it did. It took me a while to get to the point that I got to, But I've fixed the issue. Send your emails not about that, but about everything else. Tips at the newsjunki dot com. We got an update on the WNBA scandal that's been going on. It gets a little more interesting. Jury duties on the way. Power Hour is coming up. We'll kick on the phone lines for Power Hour as well. Now Sean has a belly shirt. No, the sleeve did get shorter, though I pulled on it long enough, nor style. I think the sleeve did get a little shorter. My quick break back with that and so much more come up next than the News Junkie. I got two things popping up on the show that I never thought we'd be talking about today. Two things from well most people's childhoods I think that have popped back up, and we'll get into both of them. Strangely enough interesting stories. But the one thing I did see was Seattle is going through it right now. And there was something about the Seattle story that really caught me off guard. I said, hold on, is that that's a thing that could happen. The Seattle chief of police has been fired after this week because there was an event. It was some sort of like food festival or something Sea Lane right right there.
Speaker 5: It was a big food fest and there was some people that seem to be shooting at each other.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, then they wouldn't call it gang violence because I don't know, maybe that looks bad or something. And they would say, yes, some groups groups of people who seem to have an animosity toward each other. And you're like, are you afraid to say gang? Say gang? I want you to say gang. The groups there are groups, the sharks and the Jets, and are okay? Fine? So at first they were saying, there's this shooting. A couple of people died. These absolute losers who do not know how to use their own weapons just indiscriminately shoot at each other instead of killing themselves. Would you be fine by me? I don't really mind that much. If all the gang members died. I think we'd all be better off, right, think it's a very hot take, but they just it would improve things for everybody else and these innocent people wouldn't die. But instead of that happening, these losers shot a bunch of other people. And then the investigation that was underway after that was starting to look into a lot of things. How could this happen, what went down, who's to blame, et cetera, et cetera. And the mayor has fired the chief of police. I said, well, why did the mayor fire the Seattle police chief? And one of the things that came up was the police chief in Seattle was not in town when this shooting happened. He wasn't able to address this tragedy happening in the city where he's the police chief because he was not in town. And they said where were you and he goes, oh, I was at home. Well wait, hold on, we thought you were not here and he goes, no, I was home. I live in Chicago. What And I said, what, the chief of police in Seattle lives in Chicago. How often is he in Seattle? And he said, like not enough, I think was his claim. But the guy does not live in the city where he was the chief of police, Like, there's no other job in the world where you really need to be in that city, and the chief of police is a full time, twenty four to seven job. Really, he canceled an interview in the middle of it. He started to get angry about this, and he acknowledged that he wasn't in the city that much, and finally it got so bad that the mayor had to fire his ass because the chief of police is not exactly serving the people of a city when he's not there or even living there. For God's sake, I think this is one of the reports talking about how he didn't even live in the city where he was a police chief.
Speaker 15: The police chief, Sean Barnes acknowledges he has been out of the city nearly a dozen times during the course of the year, included this past weekend during a deadly shooting at Seattle Center.
Speaker 1: Good Evening, I'm Preston Phillips and I'm Molly Schen.
Speaker 6: The chief's office provided his schedule to Como News today after he abruptly canceled a scheduled interview. Come on seeing the reporter Chris Daniels was scheduled to sit down with Barnes to discuss the shooting and the chiefs whereabouts.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm all about people working remote if they can pull it off with their jobs, but chief of police is not the gig for the remote.
Speaker 5: It's weird because we did just have this discussion about if you can get the work done, you know, in a certain amount of time. Who cares what you do on your off time. I don't know, litigate things. If you're not in this city, you don't know. The chief of police is one of those jobs.
Speaker 1: Chief of police, you have to investigate, You have to be at the scene, you have to be like you know, make it sure all the people who are working for you are doing a proper job. Justice is served with more.
Speaker 18: Chris Balie, impressed in this crazy chief and his commitments. Being in Seattle at the time of the deadly shooting this morning, he agreed to an interview with me to discuss the shooting and his schedule this afternoon. He backed out of that planned interview in advance, and instead I was given his schedule, which appears to show Chief Barnes out of the office and out of the area nearly a dozen times in the first seven months of this year.
Speaker 1: Okay, a dozen times you got mad about this. You need to know this.
Speaker 18: The question has simmer there you live. Where is Seattle's police chief Sean Barr.
Speaker 12: Sometimes that passion is in full of display, especially if someone is questioning my work ethic or my integrity.
Speaker 1: Bro, I'm questioning your worth work ethic. You took twelve vacations so far this year. You're the chief of Please, I'm questioning your work ethic one hundred percent. I will just be on the record doing that. Nothing against you being in Chicago, or love in Chicago, or wanting to stay in Chicago. If you want that, you should go, and you should try to be the police chief in Chicago. That might sort this all out. But you can't live in Chicago and we it be the police chief in another city. Can you imagine if you find out that your police chief, the person in charge of law enforcement in your city, didn't actually live there and was constantly flying somewhere else and preoccupied with being in a totally different place. That's unacceptable.
Speaker 18: Asked on Tuesday, Barnes denied being a frequent traveler.
Speaker 12: Certainly I don't travel as often as I would like to wants I'm gone every weekend are grossly misstated.
Speaker 18: But now as pressure has mounted over the chiefs whereabouts on that fatal Sunday evening, his office provided documents to highlight his movements between the end of March and end of July that included trips to conferences in Detroit, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Baltimore, Washington, d C.
Speaker 1: And Dallas. Oh my god, you don't like you don't get to travel as often as you would like.
Speaker 4: My man, I've only.
Speaker 1: Been to half of the cities in the United States of America this year. Holy cow, this is a disaster. So the mayor of Seattle she fires the police chief because none of this is looking good. And people in Seattle are like, hey, hold on, have we made some bad decisions on who we've put in charge of our city. I could look past all of the fentanyl zombies, and I could look past the deterioration of certain neighborhoods and areas and the hobo's taking over all over the place. But now, you know, I got to say, this looks quite bad. This does not look very good. That's what's happening in Seattle. And also just another little kicker for you. Apparently, the fifteen year old that they had in custody, they determined it wasn't his gun that fired the shots that shot these people, So they don't even know who did it. They don't even know who the shooter was. After a mass shooting in one of the more populated cities in the United States of America. What do you think, should you be able to work remotely if you're the chief of police or no? Give us your thoughts. Send a dispatch over at thenewschunkie dot com right now. All right, the other things I was talking about. It's been a long time since I've heard this name, but this is kind of interesting that this has popped up. Jonathan Taylor Thomas in the news to the actor. The actor who is unbelievably a year younger than me, Jonathan Taylor Thomas. He has reunited with some of his co stars from Home Improvement, which seems like a billion years ago, And when I saw the photo of them, I go, oh my god, this makes me feel so old. Jonathan Taylor Thomas is now forty four years old. Here's the kid who played his younger brother, who is like a goth for a little while and this is the mother from Home Improvement that are all together. Taran Noah, I think is the guy who played his brother Patricia Richardson. Correct is the mother who was in Home Improvement the show. And they're all I guess they like they connected with something for the first time. In a rare photo, they said, Taran Noah looks the most different. I think he does, doesn't he Like he's got hair down to the center of his chest, like curly hippie hair. He looks like a guy went to high school with Actually does he a little bit? Yeah? I would not have known if you said, Sean, this person, you know who they are. They're famous, but you have to tell me what they're from. I would not have been able to figure out. It was the youngest brother on Home Improvement that I was looking at. They might take me a minute. Yeah, it's crazy. Who was the other one? The other one was the guy who's getting all duys. Wasn't he Zachary ty Bryan?
Speaker 8: He was?
Speaker 1: He the oldest brother.
Speaker 5: He's the one that's, uh, you might be in jail because he's had a couple incidents.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somebody says he looks like Josh. He's actually a dead ringer for Josh. Yeah, it's a little better looking.
Speaker 5: Which is funny because if you took all the hair off Jonathan Taylor Thomas, he looks a little like Fritz.
Speaker 1: Yes, strangely enough, Yeah, we work both ways. But they got together for the first time in a very long time, reunited with the home improvement co stars.
Speaker 5: JTT can still get it. He was on the cover of all of those teen beat Me magazines. He was all over it.
Speaker 1: He seems like a nice guy. I don't know very well or know much about him, but he seems Okay. I'll put the photo of them reuniting so you can see what they look like now because it's been a while over on thenewsjunkie dot com and to See It Now section. And the other show that popped back out that I did not expect to be in the news was one of the stars from Everybody Loves Raymond is speaking No, No, not that guy. Everybody Loves Raymond is a show that some of you may remember from the nineties. It was super popular in its time, and the mother and Everybody Loves Raymond was Patricia Heaton. That was her name. Now she's not doing the acting things so much anymore. But I guess she is now backing calls to ban New York Mayor Zo Ron Mom Donnie from the nine to eleven anniversary in New York City. So of all the things, I didn't expect that name to be attached to. Tricia Heaton of Everybody Loves Raymond is saying that the mayor because of his statements. I guess because it was like his political takes Muslim or because he's a Muslim Man. You forgot, you said, you never forget. So, it says actress Patricia Heaton, who was in New York City during the nine to eleven terrorist attacks, joined families of the victims calling for Mayor Ziron Mamdani to be banned for the twenty fifth anniversary at Ground Zero. Everybody Loves Raymond Star sixty eight back the petition organized by the families of nine to eleven victims, which has amass forty five thousand signatures. Keep it going, New Yorkers, she said. The post included screenshot of a comment left on a petition by a family member who lost their brother in the attacks. It says, my brother David was murdered by terrorists on nine eleven at the World Trade Center. I am in sensed that a terrorist excuser is now mayor an outspoken sympathizer for terrorist perpetrators. He is disqualified from attending the nine eleven and remembrance ceremony and ought to be banned. So that's what they have to say about that. I don't know that Mom Donnie has made any comments about nine to eleven that I've seen that have been concerning I know that, you know, he's made comments that I've seen about like Hamas and some of those organizations. But his wife certainly seems a pretty radical person on that topic. But I'm not sure what the case is. Oh, let me click the petition. Where's that change dot org petition? Maybe that lays out the case of why they think that this shouldn't happen. Change dot org petition honoring the members of those who died on nine to eleven with dignity. They said they don't want Mom Donnie being attached to this twenty fifth anniversary. Okay, here we go. Concerns have been raised about mister bomb Donnie's public positions, associations, and responses to rhetoric that many perceive as hostile to shared values. That includes a perceived reluctance to clearly and unequivocally condemned phrases like globalized the into support for associations or individuals who public statements or records are viewed by concerned family members as dismissive of American institutions or insufficiently critical of extremists. Mom Donnie's own father, who he has acknowledged as having shaped his views, penned book shortly after nine to eleven in which he argued the suicide bombers should be understood as a feature of modern political violence rather than stigmatized as a mark of barbarism. He's praised a Brooklyn emam who was linked to radical Islam. He's blamed the United States for radicalizing one of the nine to eleven hijackers, and then it goes on to this a couple of things. Yeah, but mister mom Donnie recently stood with a DSA primary winner. This is that chevalier woman I see people talking about, who seems pretty extremist, who once tweeted I forgot my napkins, So I just wiped my hand on the American flag behind me at one point in time. So that's what they're saying about the mayor of New York and they said he shouldn't be involved in the nine to eleven sarahmon, I think he wants to take part in it though, which that seems like it isn't that a statement in and of itself that he wants to take a part of it. You would hope that he did want to take part. Yeah, yeah, like it seems like he wants like there's certain stuff that he doesn't want to be a part of. I know they had their traditional Jewish parade or whatever that they do in New York and he did not take part in that, as has been the case with mayors for a very very long time. But that's what they're saying on this. Patricia Heaton of Everybody Loves Raymond chiming in, give us your thoughts. Send a dispatch over at the news junky dot com right now, running a little bit behind. When we come back, Jury Duties on the way, then the Power Hour kicks off. It's all coming up next on the News Chunky, All, my hottest patrol is your heating ticks. Yeah it's not me, it's not my fault. Well, actually it absolutely is my fault. But we'll see, we'll see if we can get some of your feedback. In regardless, some of you are sending over some thoughts on that police chief. It was in Seattle that the police chief was booted from his job from the mayor because he didn't actually live in the city, wasn't spending time in the city. Here's Herbie talking about that. Let's see, Hey, what up news junkie. Then we'll get into jail Seattle.
Speaker 16: Back in twenty twenty three, we were going on a lasking cruise, so we weren't really spending a whole lot of time in Seattle. I stopped in at a CBS and I was wearing my University of Central Florida stuff because I'm a you know, I'm a knight, all right, and the lady noticed that I was from Central Florida.
Speaker 1: There that was ringing me up.
Speaker 16: She boasted about how great the crime rate was and how low it was in Seattle, which is one thing that if you go on any of their guided tours, they talked about a lot and uh.
Speaker 1: Their guided this is part of the tour experience that can't be supported by the city.
Speaker 5: Over Here, there's the space needle, which actually is a giant needle that points into space, and at the base of that needle beautiful Seattle with very low crime rates.
Speaker 1: Speaking of needles, there's no needles all over the streets from the drug add a.
Speaker 16: Low crime rate like ours in Florida where you live, And I said, no, probably not, but uh, I haven't been to a CBS in Florida with an armed guard sitting there make sure that no one steals anything.
Speaker 4: So I guess you got to take the good with the bad.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I don't know enough about it, herbie, because sometimes there'll be people who go, our crime rate is so low, and you go, yes, you can really juke the numbers if you stop prosecuting people for crimes, and then your crime rate drops, and then people are like, yeah, but there's absolute degeneracy average and there's a disaster in the streets. So we're like pretending like the crimes aren't happening, we're just not prosecuting them. So I don't know what they're up to. I'm not sure. I'll look into that a little bit and get back to you. Right now, let's do jury duty or it is now in session, so put your phone.
Speaker 18: Down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your ass.
Speaker 4: You're knowing jury.
Speaker 1: Duty with the news junkie, which he says the amount of Florida man comments we got out west was stupid. That's just how it is. I think like Florida, like literally has that kind of rep with a lot of other people from states people haven't been here, most notably, and that's kind of how it is when you go to bigger cities too. The look down on the Southeastern United States like crazy, which is why I think the best thing for everybody is traveling around. So you might think, like, oh, here's my view of what Mississippi is like, or Alabama is like, or South Carolina is like. People look down on those dates. One hundred percent Louisiana, they'll look down. I think New Yorkers you think, like in New York City, I mean particular. You think people in the Bay Area don't look down on somebody. Oh yeah, of course they do until they go there and they're like, oh okay, this was not what I was thinking. Literally, what happened with the World Cup was people from all over the world experiencing that same phenomenon. Jerry Duty brought to you by motive it of the DeWit law from injured on the go.
Speaker 15: Just call MO.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred Call MO is the number after an accident. Eight hundred call MO. There was a raid in Dallas, Texas that what they say was a modern day brothel, like they actually found a brothel. Let me see if I can bring this up. It was at an adult bookstore and there the whole thing is kind of been blown wide open. I want to is this the story on this? I don't know if this is it or not. Let me see is this the same story?
Speaker 15: Federal authorities now announcing the indictments of eight people, calling it one of their biggest human trafficking cases they've ever worked, and it involves thousands of potential victims at an adult bookstore.
Speaker 1: To bring us up to speed, officials.
Speaker 10: Say this adult bookstore has served as a front for one of the longest running sex trafficking operations in North Texas. Investigators has spent more than three years working to uncover this and arrest those people behind this operation.
Speaker 17: My God, For more than two decades, the Paris Bookstore in Dallas allegedly operated under the guise of the legitimate business well functioning is an illicit brothel.
Speaker 10: Eight people involved with operations at the Paris adult bookstore have been charged with conspiracy to commit sex trafficking.
Speaker 1: Wow. So they said there was a guy named Trey or Unk who was arrested, a woman named Mama that's not a chop him that chopped Dunk, Treylan Love Mason also known as New New Aaron Bedford, Larry Jones, known as Big Guy, Crescenda DAWs, Reginald Rose, A bunch of people arrested, and they said that they were operating an illicit brothel at this adult bookstore for two decades. They said the police thing had been going on for over two years. For two years, the cops have been like investigating and infiltrating and I don't know how far they were going with it, but they were, you know, they were doing things in the process of trying to take down this brothel at an adult bookstore in Texas. And that pall it. Don't you're not surprised. Did you see the side of it. I don't know if I can see anymore. Okay, it says Paris Adult Video and then it says sales Vapor and arcade. Sure is trying to be the adult arcade games. That could be a thing. It says, we have it all on the side of the place, so now you know, and then really quickly a story out today about something we've been following. Flock surveillance cameras can pose a crash risk for drivers. Experts are now saying they have been pillaried for facilitating the AI powered surveillance of private citizens for targeting immigrants for years, but now safety advocates are also claiming that their physical location had those potential roadside hazards. How they said, at the bottom of a tree lined a hill on a narrow two lane road in Ohio, it's a black metal rod with a camera and a solar panel. The camera in alpr is owned by Flock Safety and is painting black, making it difficult to see. The dark color is not the only thing that makes it a potential hard There's no breakaway plate, a safety feature close to the ground in case a vehicle snaps into it, so then there's no obvious stickers. So they're saying like the camera could get in the way of the driver's siteline and that could make it a danger and a crash risk. It's sounding more like they're saying it's not safe enough if you hit it, if you plow into the pole. Yeah, what do they want? They want the pole to bounce around like a big spring or something.
Speaker 5: I would have to to to look more into this story to see what they're exactly trying to say here. But the breakaway plate, it has no breakaway plate. It's a danger if you run into one of the flock camera polls. Look name, if you run into it can be dangerous. Yeah, there's a thing is not running into stuff.
Speaker 1: There's enough to be upset about with flock cameras that you don't have to invent new problems in that world. You know, have to be like well, also if you crash into them in your car. I don't know that that's legitimate, but maybe you think so.
Speaker 5: Because the people who are opponents of flock cameras are trying to list everything that they hate about them, and there's too many people going, yeah, I'm fine with that though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm fine with that. They're trying everything. Now, all right, quick break. When we come back, we'll get to a crazy moment on a game show that we have to talk about, and we'll obviously get the power hour kicked off. We got more about that WNBA controversy. So much to talk about in an hour left to do it, So let's click into the Power Hour that's coming up next. In the news junk key and your your TTS submission so far, i upgraded the TTS system and I've got to make a few changes here because many of you are dropping the ball. I've given the ability to do some pretty cool stuff. How are people dropping the ball? They're not. I don't think they're getting creative enough yet.
Speaker 5: Is there not enough content for you that would make me want to take my name out of contention.
Speaker 1: No, most of it's focused on me. They're trying to make me like like a Mexican gunman or something. I here's one of the examples. This is Obi Wan Kanola Amigos, a news junkie out I stem Bibo and Mexico and wow, that is better Spanish than even speak. It is as you could use our voices in textas speech, you could use sound effects and everything. I've just built this out and I'm going to add more to it. But that's what most of them are. Yeah, here's another one, just to name is Sean Watson. I will block any peacock. I've given you too much power from walking into you. I'm a hero. Why did you? Oh go, there you go? Why did you think you needed the sound effects? Because I like the sound effects. The sound effects are what make it brilliant. That's the next level thing. So people could be creative and make their feedback next level. But some of them haven't really hit the home runs I'm looking for just yet. Give it time, give it a little time and all we'll be sorted out very very quickly. Oh shoot, I almost forgot. Let's do this, Let's do the Power Hour.
Speaker 19: They said it couldn't be done. Then they said, oh yes, I am Missy. I am the sucker player. Everybody loves me. World comes time for the Power on the news Chunky.
Speaker 4: Is that him?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, wow was unbelievable. Big moment on the show. I did want to share with you. Do you see that Ben Affleck won the Who Wants to be a Millionaire? Grand Prize? Ben Affleck like celebrity who wants to be a Manaire?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want, which they always say like for charity. It would be absolutely baller if he won Who Wants to be a Millionaire? And then it wasn't for a charity at all, and he just just won the regular one to show how unbelievably smart he was.
Speaker 5: So funny because they do this celebrity Jeopardy a bunch, and some of these people are pretty decent celebrities that would not need the money, and then some of them, I'm like, I bet that person could use the.
Speaker 1: Cash here, you know, if it's a celebrity who's not just mega mega successful, yeah, sometimes you're like, they might need that money. But Ben Affleck, who is a smart guy. If you've ever heard any interviews, sit down interviews with Ben Affleck and Matt Damon where they could just talk extemporaneously, I've heard them on Joe Rogan one time. It's one of the few episodes of Joe Rogan that I've actually listened to through and through. I heard the Trump one two and a couple others, but I heard the Ben Affleck and Matt Damon one. Those guys are very bright guys. They're very very smart. They know more about the entertainment industry than almost anybody else out there, and they're just overall just kind of sharp guys. And so another really surprised me that ben Affleck won the million dollar prize on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? And they said the five hundred thousand dollars question was what achievement occurred just two months after a New York Times article said it wouldn't happen for a million to ten million years. The answers were the first airplane flight, splitting the atom, cloning a mammal, in the polio vaccine.
Speaker 4: Do you know what that was?
Speaker 1: Hold on, say again, achievement? What achievement occurred just two months after a New York Times article said it wouldn't happen for a million to ten million years. All right, that was the question. What occurred two months after the New York Times article said it wouldn't happen for a million to ten million years? Was it the first airplane flight, splitting the atom, cloning a mammal, or the polio vaccine? Can I get a fifty to fifty Yes, I'm going to leave you with the first airplane flight or the polio vaccine first airplane flight. That's correct. They said he couldn't do it. Everybody, Well look at him, go and you got it right, just like ben Affleck did. He ended up getting the final question right and got a million dollars for the charity of his choice. That was the final question. I don't even have the final one in front of it. Only gave you the five thousand dollars question. Yeah, this one says this one only says the one before it. Find that one so you can. You could toss it over. But I had to bring this up because this is one of my favorite moments like this on any of these shows ever. And I don't wish this upon anybody. And sometimes you get caught up in the fact that you're on a game show. I think that's what happened to this guy. But this is probably top ten game show clips ever. This guy was on Which show is this? Hang on to see? Oh, same show, the same show this was Who wants to be a Millionaire? And the question is In his epic poems, Homer often refers to nectar as the drink of the gods and what other substances their food.
Speaker 16: Homer often refers to nectar as the drink of the gods and which other substance as their food?
Speaker 4: Okay, I know we like donuts. Donuts, please, man.
Speaker 1: Okay, he said donuts. Homer is such a great misson. He said, they're talking about Homer obviously, which is you know of note now? But the guy gets the question. In his epic poems, Homer often refers to nectar as the drink of the gods, in which other substance as their foods? And the problem is he looks so almost smug when he's answering this. He's like, you know, I'm drink. I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 4: And which other substance as that food? I know he likes donuts. I think I'm going.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he did not get that right. Just in case you were wondering that did not work out for him. Could he not read the face of the presenter.
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 5: Rather, the presenter was like the guy the host of this show looks dumbfounded that he was getting the wrong Homer.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I would have looked at him and said, no, no, no, hold on, I need a backpedal here. He did kind of give him a signal with his face like Yep, this is not good. You need to back off of this, all right.
Speaker 5: So million dollar question for Ben Affleck And and he also he played alongside somebody else. There was somebody else with him named Ding Okay, which Ding his last name was Ding. I'm trying Jamie Ding. There, Ben Affleck and Jeopardy champion Jamie Ding. So they they like matched up the celebrities with some actually like really smart people.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, all right, so they gave him a ringer. They gave the celebrities a ringer because it was for charity, and then this is a guy, Jamie Ding. Ok.
Speaker 5: The first airplane question was the five hundred thousand dollars question, after which they advanced to a million dollar question, which read, in an annual Thanksgiving tradition, all but which of these have been the names of turkeys pardoned by a US president? Your choices? I'm gonna get this peanut, butter and jelly. Yeah, tater and todt, mac and cheese, or spaghetti and meatball. There was never a spaghetti and meatball, you.
Speaker 1: Would be correct? Yeah, don't spaghetti and reball for the turkeys. I was not that sure, but I said one hundred percent to try to convince myself. Thank god, that was the million dollar question. Yes, that was an easy million dollar question.
Speaker 15: No.
Speaker 1: I think they've dumb these down for the celebrities a little bit. Probably they want to give the money away at least to a certain extent. Okay, you can join us on the show record you're dispatched as the Power Hour rules on It's easy to do. You do that over on the Newsjunkie dot Com and we play it back right here for you. We have see mister Mike wants to talk about that police chief in Seattle. A lot of people had thoughts on that, Well, what's up, guys. Hey, the chief of police needs to be in the city that they're the chief of police for. True.
Speaker 5: Imagine a Chief Brody was in New York when, you know, instead of amity, when jos started attacking, everybody would be bad because he wasn't there to save them.
Speaker 1: True, that's insane. Wiggle wiggle, chump chump. Yeah, it's a hands on job. You gotta be there. You got to be part of it. One more, here's tiny hands Joe. He was talking about Tony Romo, the liar. He says he's not lying.
Speaker 11: Hey, Sean se Lane, I just wanted to give my two cents in the whole Tony Remo situation.
Speaker 1: So two things.
Speaker 11: Firstly, you can't quite hear what he says before Grandma and Grandpa. I don't think he's saying my grandma and grandpa. You know, he's got three young kids. His oldest was born in twenty twelve, So I think it's reasonable that he could be saying, I brought my kids to co see grandma and grandpa, so we're here to meet them and his grandparents and his parents. His children's grandparents live in Wisconsin. So I think that's reasonable.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't. I don't think he could be lying there. It could be a reasonable explanation there.
Speaker 11: Secondly, for the open container, open container lows can sometimes be a little iffy, you know. They even if you don't have any alcohol in the container at all, they can still get you an open container charge even if it's empty and bone dry.
Speaker 1: So you know, I think there's enough reasonable doubt there.
Speaker 11: I don't he may not be lying.
Speaker 1: So what are your thoughts? Wiggle wiggle, pop up. I'm swaying all over the place on this when I usually don't sway much on any of my takes. I think that's a fair point. I think that people would say, like Selane might say, if Selen was in the car and he was headed over to his parents house, it wouldn't be unthinkable for him to say if he was headed to his parents' house, Oh, we're going over to grandma and Grandpa's house. Because you're used to talking about your your parents in the context of your child, and if his parents were in that state, that's exactly point.
Speaker 5: That same thing I said when we talked about this at the beginning of the show. You never said it was a fair point.
Speaker 1: I think it's a fair point when elucidated by Tiny Hands Jones, when elucidated by Christopher Lane less so. Also, I may have been distracted in the surprising I did not expect that answer at all. I'll admit all the things today. I'm admitting all of the things. I think that's a fair point. It was a fair point when Sea Lane said it. Did you say that exact thing? Did you say exactly like that, like we call it grandma and Grandpa's house, like if you have your kids, like we're going to grandma and Grandpa's. I'm sorry that I was a listener to do you. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I apologize if the opposite is that you Tony Romo, as a forty six year old man, visit your grandparents and still say I'm going to Grandmont Grandpas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I can understand it. Not when you said it clearly, but when tiny hands Jones said, I could understand what is that? Okay, that makes a little bit of sense.
Speaker 5: Actually, I'm gonna get my own text speech and then just put all my smart thoughts in tiny Han Jones's voice so that you believe me.
Speaker 1: You could do that, and you could do it with sound effects. There's all sorts of sound effects. Have you been playing with them? Maybe I have not yet. Yeah, you should, You really should get into that. I think it's it's a good idea, all right. Political profanity is having a moment, according to Axios. They're saying they say politicians are increasingly abandoning scripted language and publicly cursing. How do you guys feel about that? When politicians curse? Do you think it's trashy or you think it's fine? Are you okay with it? It's having an fing moment right now.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 1: My thoughts are if all of these politicians, including the President of the United States of America, all the way through everybody in Senate, in the Senate, all the way to everybody in the House of Representatives. In fact, I think somebody might have cursed at Fauci. Yesterday there was an F bomb dropped in the Fauci thing. I thought it was that Fauci dropped it, but let's find out. Okay. I know he dropped one afterwards when the press was hounding him about his performance. But I thought somebody might have said a curse word during the hearing too. I might be wrong about that, Okay, So it's both both or both of those are sure.
Speaker 5: Angry Fauci fires off an F bomb during walk with wife hours after senate grilling. I think somebody was probably either trolling him or something like that. And then during a heated Senate hearing, Senator Bernie Moreno of Ohio hurled an F bom at doctor Anthony Fauci, demanding, who the F do you think you were? While criticizing federal pandemic era masking and lockdown policies. It said that he was recalling a COVID arrest at a football game. Okay, Carlos says, show a little decorum. But as sea Lean's highlighting here, this is not what politicians are doing. As Axios is highlighting in the article, there's more cursing from politicians than ever before, I'm just saying, if you guys are going to do that, if the elected officials who are supposed to be the adults in the room are going to do that, then we could just ditch this whole FCC rule about what we can and can't sit on the radio. At this point, I think so, because this is this is out of control. Morena said he decided to run for office soon after learning that the woman was arrested at an Ohio middle school football game in twenty twenty for refusing to wear a mask, which was reportedly against school's policy at the time. Here, I am This is a quote from Senator Marino. Here I am sitting in front of you six years later saying, who the F do you think you were for doing that?
Speaker 1: End quote. So he just absolutely said the F word the first word. Wow. Well here check this out. For US stat Presidents, vice presidents, and presidential hopefuls have used profanity six hundred and ninety two times in public since nineteen nineteen. All right, since nineteen nineteen, it's over one hundred years ago. Presidents, vice presidents, and presidential hopefuls have excuse me, profanity six hundred and ninety two times, six hundred and five of those have been in the last ten years, so all of the cursing has happened in the last decade. Trump and former President Biden account for seventy eight percent of all recorded profanity by presidents, vice presidents and presidential hopeful. Biden prefers the words such as damn, whereas Trump has used more colorful language like the F word, the S word, bastards, an shle. So that's shocking, kind of jarring to see. But they still want to hold the radio waves to a different account than they hold themselves. Apparently that's all I could take from this, and we'll see what you think. Send a dispatch over at the Newsjunkie dot com right now quick break. When we come back, we'll get into the Sophie Cunningham thing I was talking about. I got some updates on that that we're pretty surprising. Actually, The Power Hour rolls on with you and your feedback and a grab bag segment. I've got a whole tab full of extras here, and we're gonna start working through some of those and get the best of the best in that's coming up next on the News Junkie. Now, I thought that WNBA thing like the pseudo scandal wasn't really a scandal. It was just that one of the stars of the WNBA, that Sophie Cunningham Lady, she's the one who did the point the meme where she just like pointed at the other round thought it she was she kept that point going. She's on the same team with Caitlyn Clark, and she made a statement which was pretty like milk toast about biological men in women's sports. And then the WNBA like had a weird fallout at one of their games. It was the Seattle Storm game when they were playing her team. And now I'm very surprised, but there's been people who have been suspended, there's been apologies, there's been a lot of stuff. Sophie Cunningham basically just said she didn't want biological men making it unfair for women in women's sports. This is a position, as I highlighted yesterday, that is not only not radical, it's maybe one of the most popular positions one could have audern American discourse. It's like eighty percent of the populace agrees with that statement. It's an effort done by people who are mostly lunatics and very political people who want to make you feel crazy. They want to put social pressure on you, even though there's so many more people that agree with you than ever will agree with anything that they believe in. And they've done they got away with that for doing I got away with doing that for a long time, and they want to kind of keep doing that. But I wasn't expecting this. I said that they handled this all wrong. I said that the message that a lot of these places should take up is just to be like, no political statements at all, and then just keep the sports on display at these events. But when you open it up for political statements and somebody does one that's massively popular with the American public, and the supporters show up and have signs, and then they get attacked by WAMBA fans and WNBA coaches and co owners for their opinion that when that happens, then you got a problem on your hand. Jack Thompson, a sports reporter and journalist for Fox says, the Seattle Storm have apologized. I'm really surprised at this. The Seattle Storm WNBA team has apologized for the conduct of a co owner towards two young girls who were supporting Sophie Cunningham on Tuesday night of footage and testimony shows a further storm of chaos as the two girls endured that the two girls endured that the team is not addressed. The WNBA has confirmed that Seattle Storm co owner Celeste Keaton has been suspended from attending the team's next five home games and has been fired because these women showed up with signs in support of Sophie Cunningham, and the woman went over like a lunatic and started berating them and cursing at them and yelling at them. And she was the co owner of one of the WNBA teams. And now that woman has been banned from attending the next five home games for the Seattle Storm WNBA team, which is she regularly as the home games. I would imagine the co owned, right, I mean, I would guess that she was there. And this is the girls talking about their experience. They have to be careful because they curse at some point. Well, we were just sitting them.
Speaker 8: With their signs and said like we love Sophie, like thank you something for speaking up, and so we were holding on just watching the game again with you were being super great. We didn't say anything to anyone else. You've been super respectful. You're just holding our signs and sharing for both teams. And this lady, older lady comes up to us and she come with us, and at first I think she's gonna be nice, and she asked, like, what are you guys doing something?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then it was like, Jesus loves everyone. That's what she told us.
Speaker 8: And I was like, oh, I know, like I'm religious, Like I.
Speaker 1: Know, like I know yeah, and she's like, So she came up and she was Jesus loves everyone, and then she was using that to try to use their religion to make a point on them. And then afterwards she started screaming at them and said like f you, you're effing insane to these girls who had showed up at the at the match, then there were supporters that I guess were just like trashing trashing on. This is what there is a grown ass man. These two young girls are there and this is a grown ass man trying to get into it with him because they have a sign that he disagrees with at the NBA game and he's telling all the security He's like, could take out the trash, get these girls out of here. They're trash. He was trying to mix it up with these two girls. Get out of here. So they were being confronted by multiple fans. Then there here's another one. Check this out. I would have thought there had been such drama at this WNBA s I wouldn't have thought, so check this out. This was pretty shocking to me. There was somebody who was a supporter of Sophie Cunningham and one of the Seattle Storm fans comes up in the stands and spitz on her.
Speaker 5: He literally the guy. She got it perfectly in video. Yeah, he had to have known she was taking video. What an idiot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he spits on her because he was not happy with what was going on and she was a fever fan. I guess this is pretty bad behavior all around from the fans, and they seem to be kind of saying that they were going to do something about this. At least Sophie Conningham from the WNBA has responded with again, these are like very milk toast statements. I truly believe there's a safe space and love for everybody, biological girls, biological boys, trans women, and trans men. Everyone is welcome at my table. You can disagree but still be kind. Bravo to those girls for standing up for what they believe. You'll be hearing from me soon. Yay forgifts. Truly embarrassing of the co owner of the team doing this, unfortunately shows the type of leader that she is, so again very middle of the road milk toast comment and saying that she just supports these girls. That's where this is gone. We'll see if there's any more fallout, but they at least said that they were going to punish and suspend the co owner of one of those teams, who I don't know much more about that lady, but I guess she's the one who confronted the young girls. All right, let's see here. We want to work in you. Your commentary is always welcome on the show, whether you agree, disagree, or somewhere in between. It's always excited to excited to hear what you have going on. So hit us up with your photo, video or otherwise audio dispatches at the neewsjunkie dot com check this out. Funky Fresh sends over a photo dispatch and it says, hey, we made our very own news junkie magnet with a three D printer. Nice It was cool, man, where are they? I don't know? It looks beautiful? Wait is this real? There's no way is that that's not Seattle? Is it right? Is something I don't actually know? There's like the most gorgeous waterfalls behind it. This looks very AI. It's like so beautiful where they are looks AI. Let us know, chatters who are watching if you think this is AI or not. But thank you, Funky Fresh, very very cool. I appreciate that. I'll get to more of your feedback here in just a moment on the show. But I wanted to share something else with you because there's a lot of people talking about this as well. Every time I see this come up in my neighborhood because it's a huge fight. But I guess there's a construction site in Los Angeles where the coyotes totally took over. I'll do this real quickly. It's hardly unusual in southern California to see coyotes every west streets and moving on. What's surprising here is to see them moving in. They're us like sunning themselves up on this ledge home. They took over of coyotes neighbors count at least six. Is an abandoned condo construction site in the middle of West Hollywood. Guys, they gotta go somewhere, you know what I mean. These animals have to go somewhere. The coyotes have been forced out a lot of these areas. It's a contentious battle though, on most next door interactions. When you start talking about coyotes and what should happen with them cuts let us know what you think. Go over to the newsjunkie dot com and send us your feedback right now. Yeah, these are just like at a straight up construction vacant for years. In recent days, residents here say the coyotes are more of a curiosity than a threat and more than ready for their close up, appearing quite comfortable and well fed, says Cindy Sorely, who lives across the street.
Speaker 10: Some guy pulled out and threw a whole bunch of fresh chicken legs over the fence.
Speaker 1: Feeding the coyotes, feeding them, watering them, and that is watering them. Imagine how big they're gonna get.
Speaker 5: Unless you water and trim their coyote roots, then there can be buns like coyotes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is what they're doing in this day but I wouldn't recommend feeding them. I just say, like, I don't know, it's not surprising to be that the coyotes are going to take up a sanctuary somewhere. This is what they do. You know, we've worked them out of a lot of the areas where they used to call home. But that's how they're handling it there. And you know what, let's take a quick break. When we come back, we're going to do the final dispatches stories that didn't make the cut, And of course today learned to wrap everything up for a Thursday that is coming up next on the news. Chunky, let's wrap everything up here as we roll out on a Thursday. Somebody said, there's some thing's going on in the dating world in New York City. Okay, somebody is trying to lock in a date and they said, good morning, what time, slash? Where is dinner tomorrow? And the guy said, have you been to law Merse? And then she says, I have not. It looks gorgeous. And then she said, can you send me an uber for dinner tomorrow? And then the guy said, no, I won't. I'm happy to pick a restaurant next next to you, and the lady who posted this got four point four million views. Single girlfriend in New York City's text message with a hinge match. She's upset, she said, But now women in New York City they want somebody to send an uber to pick them up for the date, which sounds expensive. It can be if you're sending an uber over to somebody. This person says, she's entitled to whatever expectations of men she wants. True, but asking a stranger from the internet to send a car is cringey. She has no business being upset if you won't. The guy's response to simultaneously fair, abrasive and weird. He said, how about I come to you hard, not to say suck stuck? Single if you interact like this, she said, And then there was one other clip I wanted to try to work in. Oh, this happened with a dog the other day. Here it is with a cat sensing an earthquake right as it was about to happen, getting out of the room, right before stuff started falling all over the place. Yeah, there's a cat that must have said like something's wrong way before the room starts shaking, and then the cat just goes nope, pieces out. But where to, like, I don't know, Yeah, did it find safety?
Speaker 5: I know that's that's in Japan, the earthquake that they just dealing with him. I saw a Fantastic Cat video this morning. It was somebody who had used a projector to play like Nintendo old school Nintendo Super Mario Brothers on an entire wall. Like the projector was big that the the entire wall was this video game and they're jumping around with Mario and the cat was going aps trying to get Mario on the wall.
Speaker 1: And now one of those I don't know if Junkie Cat would go crazy for it. But now the final thing in the stories that did make the cut is Sea Lane. I don't understand prison. I don't I don't get it. I don't want to have to understand. The story is Sean Diddy Combs. His release from federal prison has been moved up one month. Yeah, you just told me he got into a prison fight, and now they're like, well, we'll let him out a month earlier. I don't under stand what's going on over there, but I guess he's getting out sooner. Let's do today. I learned the following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ, So don't get cocky.
Speaker 4: Do what we got today.
Speaker 1: Thank you everybody. A good time today and a big fat Friday show for you tomorrow. Full house, lots of good stuff going on right now. Yes, indeed, this very special guest today. I learned this man right here, Weezer. That's right, Weezer. There was a Weezer cruise in twenty twelve and twenty fourteen, and they went all in. In addition to Weezer performing on the cruise, they hosted game nights, they took day excursions with people, and they even had a from these that sounds Weezer. They got all the money. They've sold ten million albums in the United States thirty five million worldwide, and they still got time for people on the cruise. Thank you so much for hanging out with us. We do appreciate it. We're back tomorrow the same time, the same place. Missed ending of the show. Get the podcasts at thenews junkie dot com. We'll see you next time. Everybody you know about the money of the show,