Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles. The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth.
Speaker 1: This is World Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: Here we go again.
Speaker 4: We gera running back hosted by Dodger Saint signer David Vassie.
Speaker 3: In the mix.
Speaker 4: Dodger Talk is brought to you by La County Public Works Champions recycled beverage containers make the play Recycle Today, and by Children's Hospital LA from Colds to Cancer. We got this to get in on the show called eight six six not eighty seven, two five seven days and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you get your podcasts. Here's your host, David Vase Day.
Speaker 2: Welcome the Dodger Talk David Vase live at Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium. After the Mariners hold on for a seven to six win. We have phone lines open at eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy. We are less than a week away from the trade deadline, So if you want to do trade talk, trade talk, my numbing trade talk. I'm starting to gather people. Just tell me things it's weird. I don't go searching information, but around the league now, being around it for fifteen years, uh, people just tell me stuff. So I have some indicators on not just about what the Dodgers may or may not do, but what other teams may do as far as the trade deadline goes. So we could get to all that in a second. And also coming up, we have a reaction from keik A Hernandez. He was officially activated today. He could have played in this game, so he is activated. Alex Freeland was optioned back to Oklahoma City tomorrow. Edwin Diaz is going to be activated as the Dodger closer tomorrow. Blake Snell is going to make a a rehab start for Ontario. That's going to be his third rehab appearance, and the Dodgers are looking for Snell to get twelve outs tomorrow. That's twelve outs, that means four innings of work. They want him to finish four innings, and then after that they'll decide, as Dave Roberts said a couple of days ago, they'll read and react what they want to do with Snell after what they see tomorrow night. So Snell Zilla, if you're listening. They want twelve outs out there in the Inland Empire from you to even have a chance to be activated after tomorrow's game. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number before we get into what O'tani said after the game, because let's be honest, if you've been watching the Dodgers on the nine game road trip and what you saw tonight, how can you tell us that his left knee is a major issue for why he's not pitching. And I know he continues to insist that the left knee doesn't bother him when he hits or when he runs the bases, But come on, you're one guy.
Speaker 3: You have one left knee.
Speaker 2: You're going first to third, you're trying to stretch out doubles into triples, you're trying to take the extra base, and you're telling us your left knee is hurting that badly that you can't throw. I understand a lot of force is coming down on that front leg. I'm not saying that it doesn't bother him. But you know, a red flag came to my mind during that road trip that could it be Otani's right bicep that flared up two separate times earlier this season. That is preventing him from pitching again. So we'll get to that a little bit later in the show, but I just want to address tonight's game. Seven home runs hit in the game tonight. That's not something you see at Dodger Stadium, so it was unfortunate it was the Mariners that hit, including a mistake slider by Alex Vessi, a hung one to Dominic Conzone. That's going to happen, and Canzoni had a hell of a night. Two home runs tonight for the Mariners. Right fielder Cal Rawley hit just his third home run since the beginning of June. Julio Rodriguez, who has had an underwhelming first half of the year, hit a home run tonight. So you can't tell me the Mariners, who are three games out of first place in the horrible aos under five hundred, didn't come to play tonight with a lot of urgency and they barely barely beat the Dodgers tonight seven to six. And when you lose one run games, you think back to when Louis Castillo was in the game, and I feel like Dennis Green right here, the late great Arizona Minnesota Vikings coach. I completely feel like the Dodgers let Luis Castillo off the hook, left them off the hook. Even though they were able to score five runs against Castile, there could have been a lot more. They left the bases loaded in the fourth inning. I'm thinking back to Dino Ebol sending Kyle Tucker home and instead, for whatever reason, Kyle Tucker thinks he knows what's going on behind him better than the best third base coach in all of baseball, and Kyle Tucker took it upon himself to stop at third base. Dave Roberts was shown on TV tonight shaking his head and discussed Dino Ebel was I'm sure fit to be tied. You saw Tommy Edmond and Indy Piez waving Tucker home and were dumbfounded that Tucker stood at third base. When you're hitting two thirty and a lot of things are not going your way offensively, those things can't happen. And Dalton Rushing got a bad read in the third inning. A great point by Steven Nelson, Rick Monday, and Charlie's Steiner that if Rushing gets a better read, he scores Otani's at third base. And Otani scores on the double playground ball by Freddie Freeman. So those are the type of things that you don't usually see from the Dodgers. But we're talking about a player that's in his first full season. I'm sure the mind the body is starting to get run down because Rushing is catching more games than he ever thought he would this year, and probably more than he has in a couple of years, if ever in professional baseball. And Kyle Tucker, he was having a good night, had a single, had a good walk to get on base, to keep the line moving, and then that happened. And I felt like after that happened, he got so down on himself that you lost him for the rest of the game. He had a horrible game after that. So those are just my takes on the game. Tonight eight six, six, seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers lose seven to six. And I got to point out Max Munsey hitting not only his one hundred and thirtieth career home run here at Dodger Stadium, tying Eric Carros, but also that incredible at bat in the ninth inning, a nine pitch walk against Anthony Munios. Was that was a great at bat by Munsey right there, and certainly a really good game from Monsey, and I bet he was feeling good.
Speaker 3: He knew where he was. As far as home runs.
Speaker 2: At Dodgers Stadium, he ties the all time LA Dodgers home run King Eric Carros for the most home runs hit here at Dodgers Stadium one hundred and thirty home runs for both Caros and Monsey. Munsey has done it a lot faster, five hundred and sixteen games, six hundred and forty eight at bats. Caros did it in seven hundred and ninety eight games at Dodgers Stadium two thousand, eight hundred and seventy nine at bats eight six, six, seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Andy in Westlake Village. You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 5: Andy, Hey, Dave, thanks for all you do.
Speaker 6: Always appreciate your insight and your acumen and your passion and honesty about the Dodgers, So thank you for that. I love trade season and wanted to get your thoughts on you know, I know we're talking about Derek's school, but you know I love Hunter Green Loco kid I was wondering if you heard any rumors, any thoughts on whether or not the Dodgers should kick the tires on Hunter Green and if the Reds might be willing to part with him.
Speaker 2: Hunter Green has been hurt a lot this year, so I'm not sure the Dodgers are interested in him. I went to Notre Dame High School, so I wouldn't mind having hunter Green in LA. But he he's he's had a history of injuries, and I'm not sure he would fit in the Dodgers' plans in the mid middle of the season. So I don't feel like that is something. I haven't heard that Andy, So I don't feel like that's something that's on the radar. I could be wrong, Andrew Friedman could be keeping that very quiet, but I just don't see that right now.
Speaker 6: I totally understand he's definitely had some injury before. He seems to have come back. He said a couple of stellar games and a couple of games where he's bombed out a little bit. But if you can get him undervalued, I think he said, the stud and his strikeout machine, and you know you can never having at Barms, but you certainly you know.
Speaker 2: Andy speaking of all that, Andy, that that just reminded me when you said he throws hard and all that. I remember Dodger hitters were telling me going into the Wildcard Series last year against the Reds that even though he does throw hard, he's a very comfortable at bat. So I don't think that's the guy that Dodger would acquire. I mean, and we're talking about the best of the best in that Dodger order, and they were not phased or concerned about Hunter Green facing him in the postseason.
Speaker 6: See, that's why you get the big bunts, you know, and you have the insights. So I appreciate your take on that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Andy, thanks for the phone call. Eight sixty six seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Henry in LA. You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: How you doing, Henry good?
Speaker 7: How are you TV?
Speaker 8: I wanted to ask a little I think the ninth inning today really kind of was exemplatory of this. But I think a lot of times this year, you know, and I don't want to show any different fact to Mookie. Obviously an Inner Circle Hall of Famer, I've loved him as a Dodger fan, but I think him and Tucker really can kind of create, you know, a hole in the lineup, especially in clutch moments like that. And I know Tucker started off having an okay game today, but like, do you think given the contract for Tucker and given Mookie's pedigree in the postseason or in more, you know, kind of important game, would they be willing to kind of pinch it or move off of a guy like that, or at least move Mooki down the line up. You know, when it come October, I wanted to hear kind of your opinion on that.
Speaker 2: Well, let's get to October. But when it's October, Henry, everything's on the table because it's about winning. I remember when Joe Torre hit Alex Rodriguez eighth when he wasn't hitting well. So if that could happen, Mookie Betts could be hitting eighth if he's not having quality at bats in the postseason. If Kyle Tucker's I mean, they they're hitting Tucker six. Now, I would have to know who who would be coming off the bench to pinch it for Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 3: But you know, anything's possible.
Speaker 2: I would not envision something like that happening, but yeah, right now, it's been a front straighting season for both those guys. We're one hundred games in and neither one of those guys have sustained any level of consistency.
Speaker 8: Yeah, thanks Stevie. It's just, yeah, it's definitely been frustrating at times, especially obviously the Dodgers have rewarded Monthsy by putting him in new clean up.
Speaker 2: But you know, it's maybe it's time for the Dodgers to consider moving Tommy Edmund second permanently because they haven't been able to find a two hole hitter and Andy pa has since the beginning of June. June first is hitting two twenty five with only four home runs and nineteen RBIs, and that's right around the time he started hitting behind show hey Otani. So I feel like it's staring all of us in the face that Tommy Edmund is the perfect number two hitter behind Otani because he's not going to try to go toe to toe with the power that o' tony shows. He's going to be a switch hitting number two hitter that certainly can make things happen.
Speaker 8: I totally agree.
Speaker 3: Thank you all right, Henry, thank you for the phone call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, for whatever reason, and there's been different I should say, I shouldn't say, for whatever reason, there are reasons why the number two spot in the Dodgers lineup is batting average production ops the worst spot in their lineup, no matter who it's been, whether it's been Tucker, Freeman, Bets, now Paz. You go back to the beginning of the year, Kyle Tucker obviously not comfortable hitting second, new team, new surroundings, third team in three years.
Speaker 3: Freddie Freeman started off.
Speaker 2: The season slow, So it's not because he was hitting second, it was just because he started the season slow. Mookie Betts strained is oblique and has never really gotten on track this year again. And Andy Paz is a variance type of hitter. You know, he's he's a guy that's a Boomer bus freeze swinging type of hitter. And you know what made him an All Star and made him so good the first half of the year is that he was taking his walks, he was getting deeper into at bats, and since the beginning of June, we're not seeing that. So I just feel like the way Tommy Edmund is playing, the way he's hitting the ball with authority, line drives, gap to gap making things happen to me. He is the ideal number two hitter behind Otaani, in front of Freddie Freeman. Eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number, by the way, I'll just say it right now. Behind Freddie Freeman. Tommy Edmund is my favorite player to watch right now.
Speaker 3: I mean he is.
Speaker 2: Playing that high a level baseball and playing it really well on the basis defensively and offensively.
Speaker 3: Let's go out to Kyle who is at the game tonight. Hi, Kyle, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 5: Hey David, we've kind of talked about it, or he's kind of talked about it a little bit, but this game I was at the game. It just kind of reiterated my worries about Robleski being in the rotation, especially with Okhani being injured. We can't really rely on Smell and glass All with the injury history kind of feels that we got to go get Scooball. We're the only team that can really make a great offer to really get them. And then also, what are you just we're talking about the two hole spot. It's been a disaster. The only people more worthless are the Dodger parking attendants. It took me like and I finally just hit the I five trying to get out of the game. Also, sorry, I have a little salty. I've been to the last ten games and we haven't lost. We finally lost this game, So I'm a little salty. But I think we'll be fine ultimately, So I'll hang up and listen.
Speaker 2: Thank you, all right, Kyle sounded like you just want to take a shot at the parking attendance.
Speaker 5: It was a little bit of that. I it's it's been a disaster.
Speaker 3: This year, Okay, I.
Speaker 2: Myself, Kyle, I understand, and they're they're just they're the boots on the ground. They're doing what they're told as far as the way to direct traffic out of there.
Speaker 3: But it is a grind. I understand.
Speaker 2: It's a grind to get out of Dodger Stadium, no doubt. But the reason why it's a grind is because there's a lot of people here every night. When you used to come in twenty eleven, you can get out in like five minutes because nobody was here. That's the reason why you're a little spoiled, right. I was coming to games in twenty eleven, and concession stands were closed. There was about fifteen thousand people here watching Andre Ethier, Matt Kemp, and a guy by the name of Jamie Carroll. That's the reason why you were able to get out of the parking lot really quick. Now it's a sold out crowd every night. People want to stay untill the ninth inning because they know this Dodger team is never out of it like they were in the ninth inning tonight. And I also disagree with you that the Dodgers have the best to offer for school bol I know nobody wants to acknowledge the Tampa Bay Rays. They're kind of like the planet Pluto. It's the furthest planet from the Sun, and nobody wants to acknowledge it's a planet. And nobody seems to even pay attention to Pluto. They're so worried about Jupiter and Mars and Saturn's rings, the flashy Saturn rings. The Rays, I believe, are the team that I would rank as the highest odds to land Trek's schooble. The people I've talked talked to around the league have told me that the Rays are going to be extremely aggressive at the deadline, and they are going to do as much as it takes to try to land Schooble if the Tigers are going to trade him. Also, they're gonna go after offense. They're in the mix for Ryan Jeffers, They're in the mix for Luisa.
Speaker 3: Rise Right now.
Speaker 2: They got Yondi Diaz and the second best player in the American League in Junior Camonaro, and not much else in that lineup. They believe you get Camonaro to October, he can carry you if you surround him with a lineup and with a pitching staff. And it's the Rays are going to you know, come on your radar really soon.
Speaker 9: Here.
Speaker 2: I firmly believe it's going to be a twenty twenty World Series rematch this year. If I had to handicap where school Ball's going, I'm going Rais Braves. And from what I understand, the Brewers are getting a little cold feed about, you know, doing what it takes, what it would take to get schoolble. And I'll still maintain even if Otani can't pitch the rest of the year, the Dodgers do not need trek Scuble. Their version of school bul is coming back after one or two more rehab starts and Blake Snell. And let me remind you, Trek's Scooble is a free agent at the end of the year. Do you really believe his agent, Scott Boris, is going to allow Trek's Scoobale to push himself to the limits with free agency on the horizon. Do you really believe Trek Scooble is going to be allowed to pitch on three days rest or come out of the bullpen Until I see it, I won't believe it because I'm traumatized, so are the rest of the twenty one Dodgers about what Max Scherzer pulled before Game six of the NLCS. I'm just saying that's on the table. Do you really believe a schoolbul went to the Braves or Rays or even the Dodgers that he's going to be allowed to compromise his elbow which was just operated on for his big payday.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. And in fact, there's only two rental pending free agents that were acquired at the trade deadline that I can think of that pushed themselves to the limit and went all in that was CC Sabbathia with the Brewers and David Price when he was acquired by alex Enthopolis and the Blue Jays in twenty fifteen, and Thoppolis has his first opportunity since acquiring David Price in twenty fifteen to get a horse like that. So I'm just telling you what pretty good people around the league are telling me. The Rays and Braves are going to be extremely aggressive for Trek Skouble, and they should be. They don't have Blakes now, they don't have Yamamoto, they don't have glass now coming back. They don't have the pitching staff the Dodgers have. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number Mariner survived the Dodgers tonight, seven to six. Let's go out to Dave, who is at the ballpark tonight. Hi, Dave, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 10: Hey, appreciate you taking my call as always and love everything you do for Dodger Nation. Just wondering do you think Otani could have had an inside the park home run on that hit? Should he have been watching the third base coach? It seemed like he was kind of hung up at second base, kind of seeing what was going on with the Mariner bobble and the ball like crazy and he ended up at third. But just wondering it seemed like he could have maybe had an inside the park if he was just full steam around the base.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that, Dave. I think that would have been a reach. But uh, you know, I don't believe that was the most egregious, egregious base running mistake tonight.
Speaker 10: No, not at all, and no not you know, no disrespect to a Tani. He started off the game unbelievable. Just wanted your thoughts on that because it.
Speaker 7: I don't think I think that was a stretch Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think that was I don't think that's necessary with a twelve game lead in the moment, even in the moment. No, I don't think that was necessary. Thanks for the phone call, Dave appreciated. Eight six' six nine to eighty seven two five seventy is the phone. Number we're gonna take a time out here On Dodger. Talk we're going to the bottom of the hour because there's a lot to get, to including hearing from Kek hernandez as he was officially activated, Today plus when we come, back you'll hear from Show Heo tani And Dave roberts about where he's at with the pitching and how much his right bicep is playing a factor in the pitching beam pause right. Now Jose mota is going to join us at eleven fifteen as, well and we have phone lines open at eight six six, nine eight seven two five seventy As Dodger talk rolls on live From Uniclo field At Dodger stadium after The mariners survived The dodgers seven to.
Speaker 4: Six Dodger talk is available ON am five, SEVENTY la sports dot, com hand on The iHeartRadio. App back to More Dodger talk With dodger Insider david Vasse.
Speaker 9: Gas dio has thrown seventy nine, pitches one of them for, strikes and now see there's a fly ball to, right and that.
Speaker 1: One is long.
Speaker 2: Gone Max monthy just dropped who's bad at the?
Speaker 1: Plate he knew it was. Gone and now the home run dry and now The dodgers lead five to.
Speaker 2: Four Max, mounsey he was swinging that silver hammer. Tonight that one his one hundred and thirtieth career home. Run here At Dodgers, stadium tying him With Eric carross for the most home run hid in this beautiful ballpark that opened back in nineteen sixty. Two The mariners beat The dodgers, tonight seven to. Six Daniels jewelers presents the Home Run. Forecast for your chance to win a fifty Dollars Daniels jeweler's gift, card VISIT am five SEVENTY la sports Dot com used the keyword home, run enter your, name you could. Win Daniel's Jewelers own The. Dream eight sixty six nine to eight seven two five seventy is the phone. Number Jose mota will join us in fifteen. Minutes but let's get To, otani Because otani the pitcher may or may not affect what The dodgers do between now and Next. Monday as far as making a decision on whether or not they believe they need to go out and get a frontline starter like A Terrek, schoob, well there's no doubt they got the guys to do. It but whether or not they feel that it's going to upgrade their pitching staff substantially for the price that it would take remains to be. Seen, so like we, said on that nine game road. Trip the Way otani was, running you could tell that that left knee was not the only, issue if there was one for why he wasn't pitching. Now, tonight after the, Game otani was asked whether or not the bicep that has flared up two separate times is also emitting eating? Factories is the advice that she dealt with at the end of the first half a factor of.
Speaker 3: Dollars it just sold.
Speaker 11: In the knee, community, concentate, schedule.
Speaker 1: Schedule, Push so, mama, still let's steal out to.
Speaker 11: This, yeah my bicyp is not one hundred percent and against just a similar issue with the, knee do, we you, know consider pushing? This? Uh you know it is Still, july so you, KNOW i think the conversation would be a little different if we're In august Or.
Speaker 12: September all?
Speaker 2: Right that was Show Hey tani through his translator and obviously does a lot more Will, Ireton and there he is conceding that it is his right bicep that is a contributing factor on why the pitching has been. Paused and if you think he injured his, well the way he says, it he injured his right bicep two separate times while he was. Hitting, that's you, know as a left handed, hitter that's his bottom, hand his bottom, arm and that's kind of the driving force as the bottom hand when you're a. Hitter so he's thirty two years, old he's doing something unprecedented and doing it at a high. Level you can't tell me fatigue doesn't contribute to injuries like. That and then you have a left knee that was operated on In september of twenty, nineteen that was. Fused his kneecap was fused because when he was, born his kneecap was in two separate, bones and it was operated on to fuse it. Together so, obviously with what we learned during The All star break that he received a lubricant injection in that left, knee you gotta think there's a little arthritis in that left. Knee and you, know, Obviously i'm sure there's a lot more going on with his body at thirty two years, old doing this for as long as he. HAS i really do believe we take it for granted when we see it and we see how incredible of an athlete he, is how awe inspiring he, is you kind of forget you get a little blinded by the sun that this guy is a human being at thirty two years.
Speaker 3: Old so that's what he.
Speaker 2: Said and then After Dave roberts was asked the same question about how severe the bicep is and whether or not that is the number one factor on Why otani's not.
Speaker 13: Pitching, it's you, know it started with the, knee and then as he came out and the bicep thing happened when he took a. SWING i, mean, GOSH i don't, know three four weeks. Ago and then as we got to the, break we wanted him, to you, know rest his, knee rest his his. Arm and then as he started ramping back, UP i think in the, bullpen maybe In philadelphia or In New. York maybe it might have been In New, york it just wasn't, responding and nor was his, Knee and SO i think there's a there is a an effect from the lower half to the compromising of the upper half the, arm and so trying to mitigate, that we stopped the, throwing stop the, bullpens hopefully number, one take care of the, knee and then not have him try to create velocity with the. Arm that's not one hundred, Percent so that's kind of where we're. At and then if we look at him and his value for our ball, club we need him in the, lineup the, swing the running of the. Bases the knee the arm doesn't compromise. That so that's kind of Everything i've heard that's talking to Show hey the training, staff and that's where we're at a.
Speaker 3: Given health that you need o' tony as a hitter in the.
Speaker 4: Postseason has there been any talk about if these issues don't, improve him not pitching for you.
Speaker 13: This october everything That i've, heard that's not the. OPTION i guess anything's, possible but for, me it's highly. Unlikely we're doing all this number one to make sure that he's in a good spot health, wise but given where we're at in the, calendar you, know if the knee continues to get, better the arm continues to feel, BETTER i would expect in a. Pitch but, again this is something probably more for Show hey and the training staff to. Answer ALL i know is that you know we're trying To i'm trying, to you, know give him the best opportunity to be as healthy as possible so he can help us on both ends of the.
Speaker 2: Baseball, yeah this goes back to what we've seen at The dodgers over the course of the, years giving certain pitchers breaks so they're ready to go For. October SO i feel, like obviously this is necessitated by the bicep and the, knee but it is a, break a pitching break For. Otani So i'm not ready to say that he's not going to pitch again the rest of the. Year WOULD i be broken hearted if he didn't pitch. Again, No The dodgers need him to be the leadoff hitter that we saw, tonight Causing havoc being a force the very first batter of the game leading off tonight for the twentieth time with a home run as A. Dodger that's who they. Need but he's a dominant pitcher as. Well So i'm not ready to, say you, KNOW i don't want to see that guy, again BECAUSE i. DO i think he could be a. Factor but here's the bottom. Line we won't know the severity Of otani's, Bicep otani's, knee or whether or not The dodgers plan on Pitching otani the rest of the season until after the trade. Deadline we won't know the severity Of Will smith's neck and whether or not he'll play again until after the trade. Deadline why Because Andrew friedman does not want that information out so it could be used as leverage against, him depending on whether or not he's going after a trek school bol or some sort of veteran backup. Catcher and a veteran backup catcher THAT i would love to have a local kid From. Lakewood The dodgers had him for two days back in what twenty twenty, One Travis darnaut who's working his way back from planar. Fasciitis i'd love to Have Travis darnaut as an insurance. Policy but we won't know all that and how severe the injury To otani the picture is Or Will smith's neck until after the trade. Deadline mark my words eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone Number dodgers fall to The mariners, tonight seven to. Six let's go out To tommy In. Riverside you're On Dodger. Talk how you, Doing?
Speaker 7: Tommy, Hey dave just wanted to bring Up Kyle sucker. AGAIN i, KNOW i believe a couple of collars ago they were talking about pinch hitting For Kyle tucker or something like. That, YEAH i get that he's being paid sixty million dollars a, year but when you're going and trying to make a run In, october at the end of the, day it's going to come down to. Production AND i feel, like you, know there's still three years or so With kyle that we have after this. Year BUT i was, THINKING i, mean once, again it's gonna, predicting it's going to Be Keith hernandez coming back around and polishing his name And dodger posts us in history, again AND i feel Like, Kyle i'm Confident Kyle sucker can definitely bounce, back just like kind of HOW i guess he's in my comparison is kind of the the offensive person Of Canner, scott how he was in his first. Year year just didn't work out for him last, year But Sanner scott has really turned it, around AND i feel like that's how it to be with Cal tucker this.
Speaker 2: Year All, Right, Well i'll say, This, TOMMY i think we can't ignore the fact That Andy paz struggled the second half of last year and struggled mightily in the postseason last, year and he's only hitting two twenty five since the beginning Of. June so for all those people that want to make room for key k A hernandez or you, know anybody else in left field and Trade Teoscar, hernandez let's not forget how Clutch Taoscar hernandez has been in each of the back to back. RUNS i WOULDN'T i kind of feel Like Key hernandez may be needed in center field with the Way piz has been swinging the, bat and until he could prove he can be An october, PLAYER i Think Keyk hernandez may have a chance to play in center.
Speaker 3: Field but all of that will be worked out by.
Speaker 2: Performance but what upset me yesterday is WHEN i started to Hear Taoscar hernandz is his name out. THERE i think everybody has a real short memory that Without Taoscar hernandez is go ahead three run home run off Of Matt strom And. Philly last, year The dodgers don't even get to THE. Nlcs Without Taioscar hernandez's game tying double In game five of the twenty Four World, series The dodgers don't Even you may not even win That World. Series and let's not forget his Inspiring Grand slam In San diego as, well and the sunflower seeds and the impact he has On Andy pa has so for, ME i think that's what upset me the most. YESTERDAY i am firmly against trading Taoscar. Hernandez let this season play out and let's see what happens during the. Offseason Like i've said, Before, tommy you can't Spell october Without.
Speaker 3: Tao.
Speaker 14: Yeah, no WHEN i saw those trade, RUMMERS i was definitely scratching my head a little.
Speaker 2: BIT i, mean, Hey, Tucker, tucker it's one hundred games. In maybe this is his, Season, TOMMY i, mean maybe this is his. Season maybe he comes up with one big base. Hit BUT i don't see it drastically turning. Around he has just got to figure out a way to help the team win every, night and tonight he did not do that on the.
Speaker 14: Basis, yeah AND i feel like in the, POSTSEASON i feel like the mindset you were talking about that kind of carried with him for the rest of the game can't really translate Into.
Speaker 7: OCTOBER i don't want to take too much of your, time BUT i also did want to bring up one more.
Speaker 14: Thing you were addressing The mariners Closer Andres munos As Anthony.
Speaker 12: Munos, oh, yes.
Speaker 2: Sorry that's the FORMER usc offensive lineman right, There, Tommy my.
Speaker 12: Bad, NO i Mean i'm only, eighteen SO i don't really know who that.
Speaker 3: Is but, yeah you're only, eighteen you sound like you're. FIFTY i get that a.
Speaker 2: Lot thanks all, Right, tommy thank you for the phone call corrections and. Retractions Andres, munno who has had a not so great year, either so apologies to. Him eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone NUMBER i.
Speaker 3: Know Edwin.
Speaker 2: Diaz Edwin, diaz The dodger, closer is going to be activated. Tomorrow so The dodgers Got Key hernandez back. Today they're getting back Ed Edwin diaz tomorrow to be their. Closer And Blake trinan is on his way. Back he's got to do some rehab appearances to really get going to be ready to go for major league, games so he's on the horizon as. Well so The dodgers are getting a lot of players back here in the next two to three. Weeks there's just certain guys that are big impact players that are are somewhat of a question mark to us publicly right. Now first and Foremost Will, smith and still a mystery on whether or not he is going to play again this. Year still a mystery of exactly what his injury. Is and that's why you, Know i'm thinking about a guy Like Travis. Darno everybody's coming up with these different. Things and you, know by the, way as far as the catching, Goes Shay, langaliers who injured, himself is out by tearing a meniscus in one of his. Knees my understanding is The rays are being very, aggressive or not Only schooball And louis arrives before a. Catcher my understanding is they were this close to Acquiring Shay langaliers before he got. Injured everybody was talking about Where Shaye langaliers was. Going my sources told me it was almost a done deal That langaliers was going to The. Rays Now Tampa bay is looking for another, catcher whether That's Tyler stevenson or maybe being a bidding war with The yankees For Ryan. Jeffers eight sixty six seven two five seventy is the phone. Number let's set out to our, Guy Jose.
Speaker 1: Mota it's tough to go around the horn With Jose.
Speaker 2: Mota all, Right, jose you heard from show He, otani you heard From Dave. Roberts what do you make about the chances Of otani pitching again this?
Speaker 12: SEASON i think you will pitch. AGAIN i believe that everything that's happening right now, it's you, know part of the. PLAN i know that they want, show, hey and everybody wants show to be you, know at a point with his arm where he's not forcing one thing and then hurting, another and we know how much the bottom affects the. Top but you, KNOW i like the way of the. Show it came out cleanly and said it's it's not the knee, only it's it's the. Biceps you don't want to be messing around with a guy that has had two surgers for his. Elbow bicyles is attached to the top and the, bottom so right in the middle with the elbow up to your, shoulder so there's no need to push that. Show he is, actually you, know as we, say keeping the arm active and, alive because there's obviously a chance that this is gonna you, know get through and he's gonna be able to pitch, Again so the basic thing today was the fact that we saw him on his left, knee standing and pushing back the way he. Can so that's the start on the offensive. Side AND i think from that, day because he feels a little bit stronger maybe today with the rest yesterday or whatever it was or, treatment that that'll be also a factor in him coming back and getting back to throwing those. Bullpens they need him on the, Mountain.
Speaker 2: Yeah they definitely do as they get closer To. October we saw what kind of guy he could be on the mound last. Year as far as tonight's game, goes the base running left a lot to be desired in the third and fourth innings of tonight's. Game what do you make of the Bad reid rushing god and Obviously Dino ebol Sending Kyle, tucker but him putting the brakes on.
Speaker 12: Himself, well he made a good point about when you know a young, catcher even a young, player has been exposed to this top of this level of baseball ever and now he's doing it an everyday, basis which is a case without. Rushing there's no excuse. There you have to, know first of, all you get to a base, first, second or, third in between, pitches not when you get. There in between, Pitches look where your outfielders, are just like they tell, you, know when your second, Base look where your shorts up. Is when you get double up on a line, drive same, thing and then you know that if he catches a, ball you're still gonna have a chance to go halfway and go tag. Up, Okay so it's a mistake by. Rushing the game's kind of getting a little bit fast sometimes on the basis it seems like these base running things are coming in bunches going back To philadelphia And New york or, whatever and then you know you have to be a bit better than.
Speaker 9: That.
Speaker 12: Now On Kyle, tucker there's absolutely again no. Excuse you are not the. Coach you don't make that. Decision you are being sent. Home you go. Home there's no reason for you to just put on the brakes or cruise into a base without being aware of what was happening in the entire. Time Because, dave no matter What Galla lewisk is toee, you as hard as he was hit, today he should have been you, know he should have got way more. Runs AND i think he was left off hook a couple of times by that base, running and then so the other time was With Tommy edman who was actually being stopped and was running with his head down and luckily he picked you up on tom because you don't move down the line because that would have been another disastrous. Play so there's some thing going on with the base running That i'm glad they're coming up now because with teams that you're going to be, facing hopefully you, know later in the year and heading hopefully Into october in the, playoffs those things are going to be. Bigger and the more they come up now in the regular, season the more you're able to accentuate and just understand who they. Are but it really comes down to the. Basics you have to become your own, coach and until that, happens you've got to listen to your, coach but be aware of the game, situation who's sitting behind. You sometimes you make a decision saying who's coming. UP i cannot be too aggressive or too, passive and who's running in front of? Me all those things come to. More but the basic thing is to get to the base and know exactly where y'all feelers are and make the best decision based on that listening to your coach, too.
Speaker 2: All, right speaking of the most workload you've ever had in a, Season Justin robleski is doing that right. Now he's at one hundred and well and two thirds innings on the. SEASON i guess if you're going to make the case for The dodgers acquiring A Trek, schouble.
Speaker 3: That would be another.
Speaker 2: One not only the questions Around, otani but the Workload robleski has had the. Shoulder what do you make of what you saw tonight and how much do we have to be concerned about the workload moving?
Speaker 12: Forward, well for this way this season he came into having made fifteen and twenty four. Pitches last season he made one thousand and ninety two. Pitches And i'm talking only about the regular. Season that's a. Lot these they're not easy innings that you're throwing in the minor leagues and now there's easy down. There but there's no comparison by throwing three innings in the big leagues and throwing five in the minor. Leagues this just doesn't. Compare and For, robleski if, anything today and he's very very aggressive, pitcher he was to me affected by the fact that he's going way too, fast arms not catching up with the. Body, mechanically he was not. Sound and then you're talking about a team does aggressive for the home. Run The mariners came in tied with the. Rest it's the most amount percentage of run score via home run because they attack, early and when they hit home, runs they. Score if they, DON'T i mean they. Win if they, don't they actually don't win ball. Game so combination of just being too, fast bad, locations and a very aggressive team that wants to jump on you, early it's pretty much with the strike thrower, day perfect formula for you to, Go we're going to get this guy, early go out through an, attack and from there on they just built on the next guys coming up and not missing those balls that were carrying so well today at the unicole field Of Dollar.
Speaker 2: Stadium SO i guess you're saying there should be some concern about the workload moving.
Speaker 12: Forward, yes there's some, turn and we know it going back to the last start when they're pull them out for eighty nine. Pitches but you can overcome that by being even more studious and picky in detail about your. Opponent AND i think changing the pace of the ambassaday against The mariners would have been one of the biggest things to. Me pitch selection and know that you've got to continue to attack the, zone matter if you're tired or, not if you've been through these waters before or. Not BUT i think changing the pay For robleski is one thing that in talking to opposing hitters and even, scouts sometimes he's going very fast in certain teams is very, beneficial but going too fast against The, mariners it just didn't pay off that. Way but for, sure anytime you get into these kind of situations and this deep with young, pitching you got to be able to be, concerned take care of. Him but nonetheless know that at any given, point all the big, pictures all famers went through the same thing when they made a big, jump and what they did is the mental side of everything to care.
Speaker 2: The, rest all, right jose Justin robleski very, prepared very much on the mental. Side so we'll see how that works. Out maybe it was the rig kleats and the reg glove, tonight maybe that was the.
Speaker 12: Issue, no, well you, KNOW i never. Know he's gonna make you make better. Pictures you and that ball game you're on the basis better you and that ball. Game so a combination of things just didn't work. Tonight that's all.
Speaker 3: All, Right.
Speaker 2: Jose we'll see you out here tomorrow. Night don't forget It's. Wednesday tomorrow Is. Wednesday it feels like A, friday but it's A Wednesday tomorrow like A.
Speaker 12: Friday for you to you. Day no the.
Speaker 2: Heat the, sun the, beauty it felt like it felt like A friday. Tonight maybe every Day's friday in my life.
Speaker 12: Slowed down a little. Bit day it's onnesding slowed down a little.
Speaker 2: Bit all, right all, Right i'll real it is all, right but, bye there it Goes Jose, mota part of The Dodgers spanish radio.
Speaker 3: Broadcast, hey what CAN i?
Speaker 2: Say LaVita loca Every friday night for, me no matter what day of the week it, is it's Always Leavita loka A Downy, Hunday my Guy, sam it's always a party down there as. Well it's always feeling like A friday down At Downy. Hunday it was great to get back into my beautiful Blue ionic. Nine thanks to my guys At Downy. Hyundai head down, there they'll take care of. You you drop my. Name usually you would get kicked out of a place like, that but you drop my name and they will give you the best deal possible At Downy hunday eight six six eight seven two five seventy is the phone.
Speaker 3: Number before we say good.
Speaker 2: NIGHT i want to share with you What Keyk hernandez had to say to us before the, game because it's been a long season For KEY k coming back from mob season left elbow surgery and then two games in his first batting practice before his first, game he strains his.
Speaker 3: Oblique so he is.
Speaker 2: Active he was safe and sound after batting practice, today so that's a first win of the season For Key.
Speaker 3: K he went THROUGH, vp did not strain or hurt.
Speaker 2: Anything AND i asked, him you, know after all that, happened he was so excited to come. Back finds out he's got A grade three oblique. Strain how did he pick himself up and try to force his way back through. Rehab here's what he told us about.
Speaker 15: That, honestly on a car ride back after THE, mri WHEN i was sitting in traffic AND i got the text From thomas AND I i'm not a doctor or, anything BUT i THINK i experienced my first panic attack or anxiety attack AS i was, driving and you, KNOW i sitting in. TRAFFIC i had to call my wife AND i could barely, talked BUT i was, like, look this is what. HAPPENED i don't know what's going on with my. Body Maybe i'm too, old but just hearing her call me, DOWN i took a couple of deep brass AND i was good to.
Speaker 9: Go BUT i.
Speaker 15: DID i JUST i did the two months before, that AND i just, realized you, know what all you can do, is you, know take it one day at a, time and the best way that you can take things one day at a time, is you, know focusing on what you can do on today to get. Better and that's WHAT i. DID i thought about. TODAY i wasn't really thinking about how far along or anything like. THAT i was just literally going one day at a time and trying to be the best REHEVER i. Could and then during the, GAME i was trying to be the best team made THAT i. Could and it, honestly you, Know i've only had four, Bats i've only played two, games and it's been a really long. Time i've spent a lot of time on the, il but it's honestly gone by somewhat. Fast so you, Know i'm feel pretty good and happy to see WHAT i can do out on the.
Speaker 2: Field he is a great example if you commit yourself to the rehab, process if you follow what the trainers and doctors, say you can speed up the process so you can find a way to come. Back and a lot of guys would not have had the mental toughness That kei k had to pick himself back up and figure it out to win each and every.
Speaker 3: Day he.
Speaker 2: Said he leaned on, cryotherapy stem, cells all those things to assist in the, recovery and here he is ready to go for the rest of the season and hopefully healthy Through. October so great to have key k hernandez bek. Is he has grown so much from his first year to where he's at right. Now he was mentored by guys Like Clayton kershaw And Chase, utley and to a certain extent now he has that edge in the clubhouse and he mixes it with humor but also a lot of edge and energy to kind of be that guy That Chase utley was to hold guys, accountable to make sure they know that you can't skip steps. Here you gotta be here on time Or keyk is gonna call you. Out so it's awesome to have Key k. Back and he's just going to add so much on the, field in the dugout and always in the. Clubhouse, Tomorrow Eric lower is on the mound for The. Dodgers It's. Wednesday Eric lower is on the mound and with The, dodgers he is. Undefeated his record's four and oh in eight games with AN era at three thirty. Five we'll see whether or not this Is lower's last start with The, dodgers because there's been reports The dodgers are considering flipping laur to help their minor league prospect. Situation so we'll see what. Happens we'll get into that tomorrow. Night he's going up against right Hander Emerson, hancock who's six and four with AN era at three. Sixteen our coverage begins at six o'clock with first pitch at seven ten With Rick monday And Steven. Nelson just want to pass on this note. Again we mentioned during The clubhouse. Show tonight's seven to six win for them snaps a twelve game losing streak against The. Dodgers last time The Seattle mariners beat The dodgers Was april, nineteenth twenty twenty, one and the last time The mariners won At Dodgers stadium Was june twenty, eighth two thousand and. Nine guys Like Adrian, Beltrey ichiro And King Griffy junior were playing in that. Game so that's how long it's been since The mariners won a game IN la and won a game against The. Dodgers tonight they beat them seven to six thanks To Colin ee back at Our Burbank. Studios thanks To dwayne McDonald for the brains in the, booth our producer engineer that always has the notes ready to. Go in case you missed any of the, show you know where to find. It The iHeartRadio app Make Dodger talk a, preset listen to us stream as, live and also you can listen to our pregame conversation With Kyle. Tucker it was going so well in his first two at, bats but unfortunately the base running mistakes and then after that it seemed like he kind of lost himself in the. Game so hopefully tomorrow he can come back and win that. Day all, right hope you win the day. Tomorrow we'll talk to you tomorrow night at six. O'clock have a great rest of. Year tuesday, night be. Safe Ben mallor On Fox Sports radio is.
Speaker 3: Next see you
Speaker 1: Just