Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA Sports and I'm demand on the iHeart Radio wapp. This is the Petros and Money Show. You are one of the kind hosted by Petros, Papaday guests left school after sixth grade and the voice of the Bolts not Money Smith. The answer is money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 2: On the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Make us your top pre set on the iHeartRadio app that happen to you. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, da da da. Welcome back everybody. It's Petros and Money on I M five seventy LA's You're home of Dodger Baseball. Just put DJ poly D to shame. I'll take Polyd out any day. Tomorrow we got Clippers versus Balls. Jonas and I will be on from three to six thirty Saturday, Dodger Socks Massa is gonna do Dodger Talk at seven o'clock. It'll be during the Dodger Night game. That will be going on Dodger Socks or Dodger's Rockies tonight.
Speaker 3: I got it?
Speaker 1: What do I why do I try? Uh? David Vasse will be live tonight doing Dodger Talk while the Dodgers play. It's the Rockies, right, it's over rock Was I right? No? Was I wrong? What reds tonight? Whatever? Because if it was the Rockies, I would have dropped the reel. Ralph Lawler the CNR, same thing. Who cares, No, it's it matters and I should have got it right. I'm sorry. All right, anyway, Jonas is here and we're happy to be together. We're on all the way until seven and then David Vassi will take over. But right now, it is time brought to you by our friends at the Masters in Coaching program at Concordia University, IRVINECUI dot edu. Slash Coaching is where you go to sign up for the summer session. It's for in effect, it's yeah, we're three. Fun fun fact. Undefeated Miami of Ohio lost in the MAC Tournament today to U Mass. Who knew you? Mass was in the MAC the minute men slipped in there in the last minute. Now we all hope that Miami of Ohio, after their big undefeated regular season, still makes the tournament. I think we can all agree on that. Oh yeah, come on, but did you know, Jonas that Miami of Ohio in Oxford, Ohio, not Miami, Ohio. Yeah, it's actually the Miami Fan Alley named for the people, the Miami people, which are a Native American tribe. But the Miami of Ohio University is known as in the football world the Cradle of Coaches. Did you know that? No kidding? Yeah, they have a whole foundation and gigantic hall of fame of these guys that have coached there that went on to great It's a They have a creepy sculpture garden group of giant one life size coaches from the Cradle of Coaches and you go walk amongst them like a frozen zombie coach yard. There are ten statues. There's a lot more guys in the Cradle of Coaches Hall of Fame or whatever than there are statues, but there are ten statues. And amongst those ten statues are Paul Brown, Oh yeah, creator of the West Coast offense, weeb U bank Era, Parsigen, John Harbaugh, John Harba, Dad Yeah, bo Chef Beckler, Sean mcvnn Sean mcvabon. They got a statue of his little ass, No kidding, Yeah, who doesn't have a statue, but is in the Cradle of Coaches. You guessed it, ron Zuck. Oh, okay, hold on a second.
Speaker 2: They're gonna disrespect Illinois Florida great ron Zuck and not include.
Speaker 1: Him and all this up against Paul Brown and we you bank. Yes, I belive this. I didn't look, but I don't think there's a Wally Zerbiak statue on the campus anywhere either. You look, you look like a weird beaver. I hope they make the tournament. I hope they didn't. Was it?
Speaker 2: Look I could be totally wrong here, but was John No, John Gruden was Toledo?
Speaker 1: Right? Was he Toledo? Yeah? If he was in the Cradle of Coaches.
Speaker 2: Have a statue, yeah, I would assume it would be John ger. I just wasn't sure what the emails that came out. Maybe they were trying to shy away. Maybe they tore those down like they did during COVID. No, those emails are fine now, Okay, Yeah, I wasn't sure.
Speaker 1: Everything's okay. It's okay to be racist again. Okay, that's a great point. My wife, who knew me in college, today was the weirdest thing. She's like wasn't your nickname like the N word. I was like, yeah, yes it was. It's a different time, dear, It's time for quick hits, Toms, quick hits. I make it quick, y'all. Oh yeah, Dodgers home versus the Rats. I knew it the whole time. Tonight Tamble Back Ranch, our next Dodger game. I said, all this, it's on Saturday. Showingo Tani pitch the equivalent of four innings and a live BP. During today's WBC workout, he threw fifty nine pitches against eight batters, struck out seven, broke a couple of bats. He said, everything's going well in his pitching prep for the regular season. And he settled that that thing in Hawaii quietly, that crooked business deal he got sued for in Hawaii.
Speaker 2: What now was that, uh, the real estate endeavor or something along those lines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know stuff in Hawaii, real estate, stuff like that in Hawaii usually goes really well. Yeah, no problems there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, listen to somebody who was in Maui last summer.
Speaker 1: I can tell you, oh, yeah, for sure, you know everything about it. Still got a long ways to go. Take you over to dollies. Everything's going great here in lower Hono Piolani Highway. In his first public comment since the Ravens, can you get a bottle of Malibu? No, the half bottle the Ravens nixt to trade that would have sent Max Crosby to Baltimore, he re expressed recommitted to the Raiders like a like a recommitments ceremony, that people have Everything happens for a reason, Crosby wrote in a post on X with the Undertaker, believe it, believe nothing you hear, and half of what you see. I'm a raid run back that ass. Yeah, Crosby.
Speaker 2: By the way, we had a great race trade on the show. LeVar and I and Brady Quinn to where he traded us Miles Garrett and we got we traded him Max Crosby where I'm.
Speaker 1: Not Black, Well, I'm just like what if I was, I'd have problem with LeVar being my GM. You know, I'm just like, you know, like, I don't know if I need LeVar trading away Miles Garrett. I mean Brady, I don't care if he lied about what Rudolph said to him.
Speaker 2: Brady and I also traded him Babe, Ruth and we got back Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 1: So I feel like there's a a team even.
Speaker 2: Swap right there. You know, we didn't we didn't go back on that trade. Everybody to keep Mahomes.
Speaker 1: Why not? He's black. The Lakers are forty to twenty five. They've won three in a row. They not Tiger Woods is one thing way to go shafter. The Clippers are thirty three and thirty two. They're at home versus the Bols tomorrow night. They're the first team in NBA history to move above five hundred starting the season off fifteen games or more under five hundred. Here is their thick necked coach, tylou No.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it, but I mean, I'm just proud of our whole coaching staff and our players, just not you know, just me.
Speaker 1: I try to set the mood.
Speaker 4: I try to set the environment, you know, to make sure everyone's comfortable, everyone's enjoying it. And when you six and twenty one, it's kind of hard to enjoy. But our guys were still in it, you know, Zoo, you know James, you know Kawhi went to another level, and you know we never gave in, you know, and so KD DJ getting healthy, JC planned better, you know. So it was it was all the guys in the locker room. And like I said, it wasn't just me, as our coaching staff. They've been great, you know, all season long to hang in, you know, and we're not done yet, you know, but we have had had a long climb and we still have seventeen games ago. But I'm very proud of our group. I'm very you know, proud of our coaching staff, very very proud of the front office.
Speaker 1: You know, some of the moves.
Speaker 4: They made, and you know, people talked about, you know, it was you know, kind of crazy, but just you know, staying the course. You know, most teams, if gotta started six and twenty one, it could have been some instant change, you know. But the you know, front office, like I said, l Frank, Trent Mark, you know, mister Obama just stayed the course to have full belief in our staff, and you know, we just kept plugging away. And so here we are now. You know, we got to continue to keep playing well, but we're going in the right direction.
Speaker 1: UCLA plas Rutgers in Chicago right now. We're counter programming. Somebody thought we carried this game third round game tournament. If they could beat the Scarlet Knights also known as the Scarlet Knicks, they will get tom Izo with Michigan State tomorrow. Good luck to those Scarlet Nicks and the Bruins and the College Basketball Invitational. Jonas, this is your favorite.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love it man. Nothing better than a sixteen team postseason event for teams missing the NCAAA and NIT and announced on Thursday, will skip twenty twenty six. Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond the control it faced, thinning participation from transfer portal chaos, NI changes favoring power leagues, and a new Las Vegas rival with nil incentives, or it just kind of sucked.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe there's that that's not as important as you know, getting some money out of some TV network to air the damn thing. All right, those are your quick kits. The one and only Jonas Knock say here what the most is? Here all the way until seven o'clock and he will be back tomorrow for more racial draft. Yeah. I mean there's certain guys you just can't have. Why not, dude, we give a babe, Ruth. It's a fair swap. It's too Look, I don't I don't get into this very much. But if we're really gonna to discuss it, the black quarterback thing is too sensitive of a topic to take away mahomes from the Blacks. You can't take my home from the blacks. He's a black quarterback and say what, here's Doug Williams. He doesn't work. No, no, you wouldn't go there. Jalen hurts an over glorified running back Russell Wilson. You can have them. Actually they gave him back. I can't do that. They put him and floated him down the Nile like like baby Mosey. What airs they sent Russell Wilson away. God, we'll be back with more Great Sports Dot coming up next to petrosen Mondy with Jonas Knock Great Sports Talk. Petros Papadakis that money, SMI, this is Petro send money on demand cracking. Everybody, welcome back. It's Petroson money on M five seventy LA Sports. It's a crunchy groove on Thursday. And who doesn't want to groove crunchier than us? Nobody but here from Chicago right now are b FF. The one and only Don McClain working for the Big Ten Network calling the Big Ten Basketball tournament. Here he is the leading scorer in the history of the Pac twelve, the best of the best. His statues stands strong and beautiful Lemon Park over his hometown of Seam Valley, California. The next ass he kisses will be the first yet. He still works for FS one, the Big Ten Network CIA and right here on seventy LA Sports. It's one of our few compensated weekly guests. In fact, our only compensated weekly guest. Jonas, Oh, I'm sure you're being compensated for being here a guest hosting. I'm the five seventy side, like Marilyn Monroe to the Kennedy Boys, it is Don McClain, Hi, Don, how are you too?
Speaker 3: Good? Guys? Just getting ready quick turn around tomorrow again and uh yeah, the big boys come in tomorrow, so getting ready for that.
Speaker 1: Are you having fun at the tournament? Is it enjoyable? Is it hectic? Are the Big ten guys being cool? Are you having fun in Chicago? Or or is it a slog? How do you feel doob?
Speaker 3: No? No, it's good and working with Lebyrn's great. I didn't get a chance to do any games with him this year in the regular season last year I did. But we picked up right where we left off, although I should have alerted him that I was going to make a joke about being the all time leading scorer, because he had no idea, so that joke went right over his head during the game, but hopefully no one else caught that. But no, it's good. It's it's it's it's fun, and when you get good games, it's really fun. We had two good games today.
Speaker 1: How sad is it for USC? I mean, the way they started the year winning the Maui Invitation all that's I mean, most of the time you win that, nobody usually collapses in the way that us he did, not making the tournament? How bad is that for Eric Musselman? How concerning for USC basketball, which seems to have some momentum as far as signing players, and they have a good arena and you're there a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here's the thing, pee And look, Eric Musselman's track record tells you he's a good coach, So it's not like he's some new coach trying to figure it out and the jury is still out, like he can coach. But I will say, what's starting to crystallize a little bit here, at least for me, is that if you're going to play the portal game and you're going to bring in eight nine new players a year, it's going to be tough, and especially when you bring in guys with some questionable reputations like Baker Mazara, and you know, he was a big problem for them, and so they let him go right before the end of the regular season. But this is what happens when you play that game. It's you don't know because the portal is so fast. All the coaches will tell you it's like speed dating, and so you don't really get to know these kids. You don't bring them on campus, they don't have a weekend long visit, and so you're just taking them based on the fact that they're older and they have good numbers in their career, and you figure that's going to be enough. And sometimes it is for certain players. But sometimes when you're bringing in that many, there might be a couple that kind of undermine your season. And I think if you continue to do that, it's going to be a problem at some point. Because se was solidly an NCAA tournament team for a long time during the season and then they lost eight in a row to finish the year.
Speaker 2: Don Now that you've been had a chance to do Big Ten basketball and be out there at the tournament for a couple of years, now, what's been the big difference for you and the big separation between that and all those years with the Pact line.
Speaker 3: It's just bigger Jonas and you can seal it. It just all the teams come in and they have fans. You know, it used to be in the old Pac twelve, like Arizona would travel believe it or not, Utah traveled pretty well to Vegas for the tournament, but that was pretty much it UCLA kind of but here. I mean, this place is full for every every game with every team seemingly even if they're not having a great year. But it's just I didn't rich a great question because I had the conversation yesterday with somebody at the Big Ten, Like, I never really looked at the Pac twelve as anything other than a high major, and it was considered by everyone to be a high major, but it wasn't anywhere close to what this is, what the Big Ten is. It's really not or really was it. I should say, what.
Speaker 1: About all those late nights. I spentned Pullman don What does that mean? Nothing? Yeah, basically is the Big ten gonna get like ten teams in.
Speaker 3: They're gonna get nine in. Indiana was on the bubble coming in and lost to Northwestern last night, so that probably knocked them out. But yeah, they're solidly nine in right now. I mean that's kind of the consensus. Ohio State one today. They were a ten seed coming into today, so they kind of solidified it. But they were really the only one that was somewhat in question. And since they won today, I think you'll you'll easily get nine teams in on Sunday.
Speaker 2: I wanted this is not Big ten, it's Mac related, but it's pertinent because for some reason this has turned into a storyline to where there's some thought that maybe Miami of Ohio shouldn't get into the tournament.
Speaker 1: They lost in UMass.
Speaker 2: They're now thirty one and one on the season per regular season perfect, but they lose in their first game with the Mac. Turney, where do you stand on that? That just that feels like we're trying to manipulate storylines to have something to talk about, and how dare it just doesn't it doesn't feel like it's even a realistic possibility they wouldn't get in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was saying, because I thought they were going to run the table and be undefeated, that there's no way that you can leave an undefeated team out of the NCAA tournament. And unfortunately they just don't have They don't have anything to compare it to because they haven't played like a Big ten team, and so everybody wants to pile on that they've piled up this record, But my stance was, I don't care. Does my thought change because they lost today, I think a little bit, and whether that's fair or not, I think, you know, if you haven't played anybody, but you're undefeated, okay, but then you get tripped up by a UMass team, that kind of gives all the naysayers what they needed to keep you out. So I don't know what's going to happen Sunday. I think it's going to be fascinating because as much as this thing is analytics driven now, the selection Sunday and they have all this stuff in front of them, it's still humans making the selections, and it's subjective, and so it's going to be interesting to see who falls on the metrics driven decision or the I don't know human sense of whether they should be in or not. I would guess that they're going to get in just because it's been such a big story. I think that will help them get in. But we'll see.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, U mass has Marcus Cambian. That Puerto Rican guy Tom McLean is our guest. We're always happy to have him.
Speaker 3: Wait, he petitioned the court.
Speaker 1: Campy's back and Caliperry left Arkansas a coach. Real quick, let's talk a little bit about Michigan down before, because we all know what Dae Marrow. We know there's so many Euros throughout the Big Ten and these guys, but not only is Michigan the by far the best in the Big Ten, which is a great conference, maybe the best, but how much better are they than everybody else in college basketball? Is this gonna be one of those weird years like Yukon a couple of years back.
Speaker 3: I don't think so, just because they lost to Duke a couple of weeks ago, and I think you know that proved that they can be beat. Obviously, Wisconsin beat them earlier in the year on their home floor, but I don't think it's going to be that easy. I still think, and I said it today during one of my games, that I still think they're the best team in the country. A lot of people think Duke is now just because they beat Michigan, But I think once you get into the tournament, the game changes, It slows down, matchups become more of a thing, and I just think when Michigan can go big and play smaller, you can handle anything that's thrown your way. And I think that'll materialize. But I don't think what I don't think what you're saying is going to happen with like what Yukon did, just rolled through the whole thing. I do think they have the best chance to win it all, but I don't think it's going to be like their steamroll and everybody on the way to it.
Speaker 2: How do you explain the turnaround with the Clippers transitioning to the NBA in what whether there were six and twenty one to start out the year, they've traded away two of their three best players, and then here they are first time over five hundred.
Speaker 1: What happened.
Speaker 3: That's a great question, and it doesn't seem like it can't be just that Chris Paul got let go from the team. It can't be. I know it's a coincidence, but there's no way. So there had to be some sort of meeting. Come together. Look, guys, we are far underachieving here right now and we need to get it together. And that happens. It's a long season in the NBA and you're not playing well. Sometimes you just need like a player's only meeting or something like that to get you back going. But it is hard to explain, especially after they got rid of Harden. But you know, what's it all worth? I mean, you know, they're clearly once they got rid of Zoobots and Harden, they're clearly looking to the future. So it's great that they're above five hundred. But what does it really mean.
Speaker 1: I don't know, not much. I guess what about the Lakers playing all great without Lebron? I mean, it seems like these guys, I mean, the way the season started. I'm not trying to hate on Lebron, but the way the season started with Reeves and Luca running around and the way they look in the last few games, is there a correlation there?
Speaker 3: Don I don't know I've been watched enough to be honest. What I do know is similar to my sentiment with the Clippers is until they get better defensively. Yeah, they're a good team. Yeah they're going to make the playoffs, But are we really talking about a team that contend. No, until that defense gets better, Until that defense gets better, more consistent.
Speaker 1: Don, you're the best. Have fun in Chicago to night, and protect your neck out there in the Windy City. We appreciate you.
Speaker 3: I got it, I got neck and back protected, got.
Speaker 1: It, my neck, my back, my neck and my back. Oh, Don, aren't you excited that that little dork manager for McNee state that holds the speaker is going to come back to the tournament this year? At pointing it as well? Was he really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I'm here?
Speaker 3: Aura con Oh really yeah?
Speaker 1: I remember that guy?
Speaker 3: That guy Yeah yeah, yeah. Hopefully hopefully McNeice runs into a Big ten team.
Speaker 1: Oh, stop out his poor speaker. All right, we love you, Don, There he goes Don McLain. Everybody the latest from the Big Ten Tournament. The Clippers and the Lakers are basketball hero. We love Don McClain. But we'll wrap it up with Jonas Knox and get you to David Vasse live from Camelback Ranch at Dodger Spring Training in our final segment. We'll be back on tomorrow with three Dodger Talk is next at seven, but we'll do one more segment the Dead and Alive Guy, Birthday of the Day. Next. This is Petro Money on Demand. Welcome back, everybody, and good night. Petro said Money gets going again tomorrow at three o'clock. And guess who's back. Not just mcribb but Jonas Knox. We'll be back, so everybody's very excited about that. One more day? Can you do it? One more day till revolution?
Speaker 2: Now, I had a good authority that you were trying to get Steve Hartman, but he was already gobbled up in high demand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's that's so I wasn't sure if I asked for Hartman, and then I asked for Vassy from Cammelback Ranch. George Reister han a Sierra Canyon event. So that's a real bottom of the barrel stuff. He'll be on tomorrow morning two pros and a cup and Joe and we will look forward to hearing that at three am, and then he'll be back back here. We'll be back here on Friday on a frog Man Friday. But a great thank you to Jonas Colin Yee who is a selfless worker at calling Yee ten on Twitter. Is it at Jonas Knox on Twitter the Jonas is a long story, No I understand? And at Ronnie FOSSi on Twitter he'll post the playlist. We can't all be friends outside of work. One hundred and nine years old today would be Leonard Chess born Leonard c y c z Yz Polish Jewish guys, so they changed it. Parents are from Belarus and they emigrated in the early twentieth century like so many other The dad worked for al Capone's mom during Prohibition, so they were in Chicago, but him and his brother Phil not involved in any kind of underworld organized crime. Him and his brother Phil became involved in the nightclub scene in Chicago's South Side, Jonas running jazz clubs, culminating in the legendary Macomba Lounge, which is very famous in its time for jazz and blues and jazz and blues artists like the one we're hearing right now. Can you recognize this guy? Turn it up? Oh yeah, this is like a defensive end with a harmonica.
Speaker 2: Howland Wolf, I've heard I've actually heard this leaving Midway Airport in the summertime when the windows are downmost Jack Jay cab driver on the South Side and listening to this.
Speaker 1: They took control of a record company called Aristocrat Records, and they soon took over and changed their name to Chess Records and moved the company to pop and jazz and blues. Leonard was a bass player and even played a couple of Muddy Waters tracks bass on the track. Now the music these guys produced very very important music, Howl and Wolf. But we're listening to here, Bo Didley, Willie Dixon, Sonny Boy Williamson, Buddy Guy all right, John Lee Hooker. They also founded Checker Records, and that was for you know, the white acts. I just kidding out, who were on everything. Actually on Checker Records, they had Little Milton. He's definitely not white. Now, was it little or L? I L Little? Oh good? But I think I mean, I think the LITL was just implied back then. I would write it out. He was instrumental in showing the real American music to real American people. Chicago blues, electric blues, rock, en roll, R and B and soul. Sadly, Chess died of a heart attack. His son became the president, and his grandson, jamar Chess, has become really wealthy. He owns a publishing firm which owns a grip of rights like a lot. They owned Marvin Gays rights, the hell of a receiver for the Bengals too. Jamar Chess, Yeah, absolutely, yeah, it's dynamite him and Burrow that. You know, they got to stay healthy. He owns Otis Redding's rights. You know, he wouldn't think he'd go out there put himself in risk running the running the dagger rat. But there he is out there doing it. But jamar Chess also helped create the Rolling Stones lips logo. Oh no kidding, that's gonna be now, how did he help create that's? Hey? Why don't you make the tongues together? You think it was just one guy, but no, no, no, make the tongue, make the inside of the mouth black. I don't know that's what it said though. But his grandfather a great legacy, Leonard Chess, a blue superstar. If you want to look this up here, turn that out, come old howl and book live and he's good and there's just like two thousand British people with their mouths again, watching like a six foot five sweat and black dude. We gotta get it, singing smokestack like this. We gotta get them on our soccer team. Get one of these blos to play the way. Pat that's good. That's good. Petro's you're a live guy for today now Unlike unlike others, Jonas insists on riding his own a live guy. I believe you deserve that distinction because sometimes, you know, we like to mismatch people because if we have to write it for him, like we have Don McClain last week, but he wrote be a founder of SPANX. This young young lady came up with a very very innovative style of laingring. And then yesterday we gave George Reister Lisa Lowe. Oh no, And I showed him a picture of Lisa lowan r G string and he said, she got to put that thing away. She ever glasses on too. Oh that's great. I hear what I want to.
Speaker 2: So Petro's beating out Steve Finley and Raoul Mondsey and another baseball legend. I present to you, Darryl Eugene Strawberry Senior born on this day, nineteen sixty two to Henry and Ruby Strawberry right here in Los Angeles, California. He played high school baseball for Crenshaw for the Cougars, he signed a letter of intent with Oklahoma State. However, a couple of months later, Strawberry first overall pick in the amateur drafts.
Speaker 1: He signed with the Mets in July nineteen eighty.
Speaker 2: His older brother Michael Strawberry also selected in that draft, going to the Dodgers, actually in the thirty first round.
Speaker 1: So everybody knows Strawberry early on.
Speaker 2: Rookie of the Year, was part of that Mets World Series team, had a hell of a run early on. Actually went from eighty three to ninety with the Mets, and then he spent three years right here with the Dodgers. He signed a five year, twenty two million dollar deal back in late nineteen ninety, but he was released a couple of years later by the Dodgers. I just didn't show up to a game, Dad, just seeing I'm just not going to be here anymore. Bounced around least just late, yeah, you know, at least Zach Graank. He tried to fight him. You know, there was that, Yeah, get the hell out of here. You go gamble on your own time. So Darryl Strawberry bounced around. Who won two more World Series with the Yankees before calling it a career. U. Now, before we get into the fun stuff, all right, should be pointed out Darryl Strawberry is a cancer survivor.
Speaker 1: Yes he is. He is a born again Christian. Have you ever met Daryl Strawberry. No, He's really one of the nicest people I've ever seen around. And I'm I've spent a little bit of time with him and he's such a great guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and uh, you know, he's just really turned his life around.
Speaker 1: But Darryl had a run. There was There was a lot on the plate for Darryl Strawberry. Now a lot on the coffee table. Well.
Speaker 2: So when you think baseball, if I were to give you like most famous bat brands, you'd think what Louisville Slugger Easton. Darryl's favorite was the skin bat. Because Darryl described himself as having a sex addiction. After retirement, he admitted to routinely having sex between innings.
Speaker 1: Is that allowed at the World Baseball Classic between you, he would have got there thirty four to thirty two on Darryl. Darryl put the ship, she's over there. Darryl put to shame in the torpedo bat. Because he was getting some work in.
Speaker 2: He routinely had sex, admittedly between innings of MLB games in which he played that. According to Darryl strawbreit stop like you.
Speaker 1: Gotta get it done. You gotta get it done.
Speaker 2: And then you know you had your run of the mill, you know, tax conspiracy, tax evasion.
Speaker 1: He got popped for that.
Speaker 2: He was also charged with failing to make child support payments back in nineteen ninety six. He also, you know, didn't pay back some legal fees to your guy Robert Shapiro. Yeah, he owed him about one hundred thousand dollars in legal fees because apparently Shapiro represented him in his contract negotiation with the Dodgers, which I didn't know. He also was arrested in Tampa, Florida for soliciting sex from a policewoman posing as a prostitute, having a small amount of cocaine. I mean, look, if the costume's good, what's he supposed to do? You know, like not honor and respect the effort that she put into making the costume happen at that point, at that moment, you know, maybe had a little bit of booger show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is what it is me.
Speaker 2: Also, you know, was driving to see his probation officer in two thousand, he was taking painkillers. It was just kind of a wild ride for Darryl Strawberry. He spent time in and out of jail. In September two thousand and five, was charged with filing a false police report after he claimed his SUV was stolen. He admitted that he had lied on the report, but was not arrested because it was a misdemeanor. All that to be said, yes, he did turn his life around, born again Christian. From everything I've heard, like you've said, really good dude. But Darryl Strawberry, Happy birthday. Also, in looking up highlights from Strawberry when he was with the Dodgers, awesome and.
Speaker 1: It was fun. And I was trying to find the Crenshaw well.
Speaker 2: Also I thought it was watching COVID video because one of the highlights was him hitting a home run into empty bleachers at Dodger Stadium. And it took me back because I don't think people you'll remember this, but I don't think people that are modern Dodger fans realized how good they have it because there was a lot of nights one side of the bleachers are both just wouldn't be open.
Speaker 1: Oh I know, it's just a different times. Yeah, they just wouldn't be open.
Speaker 2: And so he's hitting these home runs into completely empty bleachers. It looked like the COVID era, which shows you how far the the organization has come over the past several years.
Speaker 1: So happy birthday, Daryl Strawberry. I'm sure I told you by Darryl, No, I guess not. We were on the set of Pros Versus Joe's and I mean this was over twenty years ago. It's a hell of a name by uh, Pros Versus Joe. Don't you remember that show? Yeah, so it was like two pros and a cup of jokes. Yeah, you guys are really ahead of your time. Yeah, it's crazy. I don't know where you guys came up with. But we were on the set of that show that I used to host, you know about me hosted shows and oh no, no, it's all right. I was smoking a cigarette. This was twenty years ago. So I was like twenty seven years old, and uh and in thet yeah, that's all right. Darryl Strawberry said to me, Pete, how old are you? We're smoking cigarettes and he goes, I was like twenty seven. He goes, damn, you've been living hard.
Speaker 2: And from Darryl Strawberry, happy birthday, you know, from a guy who had all that on his resume, right that says it's like, yeah.
Speaker 1: At least I didn't like solicit a cop on the way back to Pedro from Dignity Hell Sports Park here, daryld So was that out here? Was that right there? Dignity all good for him? Home Depot Center? Then, yeah, that's a home game. That's fine home game for me to look like I'm living hard. Yeah, Thanks Jonas, we'll see you tomorrow. David Messey, We'll be back with Dodger Talk. Thanks for listening. Thank you to Jonas and Colin and Ronnie and Tim. We'll be back on tomorrow. The show m