Speaker 1: With Eddie and Rocky, the Prodigal Sun returns. He's tanned, rested, and ready so tanned up.
Speaker 2: He's trying to kick his cigarette habit that he picked up while in Aruba.
Speaker 1: I'm very surprised I didn't smoke down it.
Speaker 2: Really, I'm a little disappointed.
Speaker 1: That's only I I only certain there's only certain boundaries of countries that I crossed when I smoke again.
Speaker 2: So yeah, So in other words, when you go to London kind of a quarter Dreyer place, like it's time to start ripping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not going to sit outside in the sun it's ninety degrees and have a couple of heaters. Man, I'm good, punch a stick with my my ties or whatever. I bet you had a few of those stuff. Yeah, So let's talk about the matters at hand. Rock And We've had this a gentleman on many times, and I love talk about breaking down the hospital bills and getting itemized stuff because.
Speaker 2: You don't know what you're getting, right, You have no idea, and you know that they catch you in a vulnerable position, right, and you just want to get something paid. You got somebody sick or yourself sick, and you're Okay, we'll just pay this thing. And there's been a big push for a while here, especially in particular with our next guest, about making that more transparent and lowering bills for folks a bit.
Speaker 1: Well, let's get him on right now, doctor Bill, welcome back to the program.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you, Merry Christmas, Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: You've all been demoted.
Speaker 3: While your health insurance costs go up more than the raises you didn't get.
Speaker 4: Let's fix that.
Speaker 1: Wow, doctor, our guests, and well before we go into further Doc, explain to people. You've got a new gig. Right, what are you doing right now?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 3: I'm with the ARC Group in a strong partnership delivering healthcare that's affordable for America. The reason we got together I showed you guy, we have an AI bill repricer now, so now all of America can understand their bill. You drag and drop your bill into a box on a PDF form, and you see the full name of every care item that the hospital hides, the price per care item that the hospital previously hides, and what you should really pay, which is what Blue Shield United singing that and hide. Now you get to see it all in ten seconds. So I'm really excited about that.
Speaker 2: So this is something that you do before you go to the hospital. You plug this in. You figure out which hospital is going to give you the better deal, depending on whatever ailment it is you have.
Speaker 3: This one's really for an aftercare. They said, a lot of people get care and they didn't plan on getting care, and then they get stuck with this thing that we all know is called a surprise medical bill. And they look at the sticker shock. After they're done a thinking or saying out loud, they're expletives.
Speaker 4: They don't know what to do. And this is where we say, look.
Speaker 3: Your itemized medical bill is your personal property.
Speaker 4: The hospital must give it to you and at no cost.
Speaker 3: That falls under HIPPA Law of nineteen ninety six Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act. Under the privacy law, your bill is your property. Hardly anybody knows that. That's why I repeat it again. In other words, I teach everybody you don't pay one dollar towards your bill until you have looked at an itemized bill, which is exactly.
Speaker 4: What you do in the rest of your life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and let me ask you, doc, how easy is it to fight this stuff?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You can go through and say, okay, you charge me, you know, fifteen dollars for an aspirin or something about how do you find it?
Speaker 4: This is easy.
Speaker 3: I heard you guys talking before I got on. I sit down, I put a cigar in one hand, I pick up the cell phone in the other and pull. If it's gone in ten minutes. Okay, not everybody's me, but it is easy. At true charge dot some health.
Speaker 4: Sumhealth dot org.
Speaker 3: The form that is there to request an itemized bill, that's free. Anybody can download it, copy and paste it. You don't have to know all the big words that I do. Copy and paste it. And then when people get an itemized bill, the stuff the hospitals and the health insurance companies previously have hidden and you see names. So many people see things that well, they never did that to me, but they spend five minutes with me, not thirty minutes with me. A layperson can quickly find airs and fraud too.
Speaker 2: Interesting And how long has this been been around?
Speaker 4: Doc?
Speaker 3: This offering has been around since November.
Speaker 2: Okay a month. That's it pretty new.
Speaker 3: Well, so anybody can use it, but at a minimum, everybody needs to know your bill is your property and there's a free request form on how to ask for an itemized bill so that the right information's in there. And if everybody did that, we'd be forcing price transparency because we'd be stopping the hospitals from get Imagine every person in America that got carried to a hospital that I'm not paying my bill to you give me an itemized bill.
Speaker 5: They just don't get paid any And I know it's pretty new, but any estimates on the average amount of money that has saved per bill the folks that are using.
Speaker 3: This, you know, when we do the bill negotiation, we're averaging about seventy percent off bill charges. And if I just reversed that and say for what a hospital in the United States charges for care, And if I've I was picked to say, what are they really get paid by their friends at Blue Shield United Singa. The answer is about thirty cents on the dollar. So if you're going to put an offer out there, if you got a ten thousand dollar bill, Tom, I'll give you three thousand, You'll be surprised at how many times you're going to.
Speaker 4: Get a number at her around there.
Speaker 2: Wait, so you say, look, here's my bill, but here's what I can pay right now, take it or leave it. A lot of times you're saying they'll take.
Speaker 4: It, that's correct.
Speaker 3: Or if you don't want to pay the three thousand, he said, well, you know they came back and they said five thousand. I'd say, you know what, give them fifty dollars a month in a paper check each month, and you call it a good faith payment. And if it's a good faith payment, now, all you're doing is they can't sue you because you've made a good faith payment. Most of these are large nonprofit hospital systems, and they can't. Nonprofits can't sue patients paying good say fifty bucks a month. Okay, secretly, what are we all thinking? I'm going to have to live to be one hundred and twenty years old before they get the rest of their payments. So all we're doing is tilding the negotiating table back in our favor, and maybe another six twelve months they come back and then they say, wow, we'll take that three thousands. We don't want to get paid fifty dollars a month till you're dead.
Speaker 2: Now, who is it with the hospital that you call? Like, I mean, what number? Do you you know what I mean, like, who's the person you're seeking out that's gonna you can wrangle with about this. Who's gonna give you the time? It's not going to be an AI generated voice or someone in Pakistan, Like, how do you who's the person you go to?
Speaker 4: It's a great question.
Speaker 3: So to request your itemized bills, I do recommend calling. You would think you just ask for the medical billing department. Well that's true half the time, but the other half the time you send it to the request of the medical records department. So I call the medical billing department and say I want an itemized bill. I'm going to use doctor Bill's form from true charge dot somehealth dot org where I send it. It's either medical billing or medical records.
Speaker 4: And then you get it.
Speaker 3: You typically you are talking then to somebody in medical billing when you're negotiating this down just to you'd say I'd like to settle my bill. Who do I talk to? I can't afford your crazy price here. We know nobody pays it, so I'm looking to be reasonable.
Speaker 4: You can do that.
Speaker 3: There's one other secret number, the financial assistance. If you're making between ballpark thirty thousand, dollars to eighty thousand dollars. Under the Affordable Care Actors IRS provisions called five zero one, if you're making thirty eight thousand most you're going to get free care or steeply discounted care because in exchange for the millions of dollars they save as nonprofit hospitals that actually totals forty billion dollars in the country by their tax status, they're supposed to give back free and discount of care. So if you make in between there, I'd always be calling the financial counselor office and say, give me a financial assistance application. And if I told you I make this much money, how is my care free? Or might not only have to pay ten cents on the dollar. I want everybody to take advantage of the federal law. The ACA is made care unaffordable for so many of us. But right here, this little pearl, we're going to give people free health care next year in Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Well, doctor Bill, please tell us hell this can happen. Because the TikTok video you sent was was amazing and it was just a sample kind of bill. But it went from my thirty five thousand dollars to like three grand or something like that. And just by using this app and picking through the stuff. So where can people find out more?
Speaker 3: Yeah, for the AI bill repriser and to get the itemized bill request form. To start your fight with or without our assistance, you go to true charge dot some sumhealth dot somehealth dot org and there's a thirty second video there. There's the itemized bill request there and our frequently asked questions and you know, I would say, also try not to go to the hospital. It's the most expensive place for routine e elective care. But at the same time, understand not all cares electives. Sometimes you think it's an emergency and the er happens to be the number one source of billing fraud. And that's where you want to our team to be on your side.
Speaker 1: With that, we will let you go, Doctor Bill Hennessy. We really appreciate it. Always good stuff, man.
Speaker 4: Great beaking with you, fellows.
Speaker 2: Doctor Thank you.
Speaker 1: Uh doctor Bill Hennessy who apologized that he was going to be on the member. He sent us to the pictures for he was on like the beach and or something last time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Good, that's good knowledge though, good knowledge. With that, we check in with traffic and weather. What is going on.
Speaker 6: From the UCE Health Traffic Center. At you see Health, You're going to find comprehensive care, so personal, make sure best tomorrow possible, bombless care for better outcomes, expect more. You see health dot com. Hopple at seventy five just getting reports of an accident with police there and Gilbert at Ells now or a place that's a crash as one of the volumes are picking up on seventy five north baumb Mitchell to Paddock. It's about a ten minute trip seventy one north bound between Smith Edwards and Ronald Reagan Highway by a five minute delay. And we also have seventy five sewing south bound from Ronald Reagan Highway down to Norwin Lateral without road to work on going about a ten minute delay. And so down's from Shepherd. I'm rich run produced Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for to night, cloudy sky's occasional rain and the showers after midnight, the low of thirty seven four tomorrow morning rain and the high of forty three. It is forty four now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: What is sports sports is bragging. It's bragging about your little athlete of the school team, cheering them on from the stands, and when they hit the winning bucket at the buzzer, it really begin bragging. And rightfully so, sports is bragging. That's why we'd love it.
Speaker 8: Sports Talk with Lance McAllister tonight at six on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: This report is sponsored by Land of Illusion Christmas Glow.
Speaker 10: Experience, the Midwest's largest Christmas village at Land of Illusion, over three million drive through lights, Meat, Santa Heading, Zoot.
Speaker 1: Rock, a big old thanks to our good friends. It's Skyline, absolutely dropping by the mac and cheese three way back. Remember we had this conversation last year. We're both trying to figure out how you say coma tappi pasta.
Speaker 2: It's it's back that word that you and I.
Speaker 1: It's quite good and it's it's all Skyline. You what it tastes like? And the chicken chili all good, wonderful stuff and uh here to heat us up on this cold winter's day, just.
Speaker 2: Like some hot Skyline.
Speaker 1: Is our little cheese cony. I don't know what to say about it. Sut it out, Let's not that's fine. I could have said, but.
Speaker 11: I'm so no, thank you very much. Way to hold back on this.
Speaker 2: I knew he was. I've known him way too long. I mean, I'm in my head. I'm like, he is battling right now. How to use the word three way? I introducing so anyway?
Speaker 12: I was interviewed, who is the guy from oh, shoot with the Little Olsen Twins?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the show, Oh, the Family Feud, one of those.
Speaker 12: So I want to interview John Stamos And I said something naively like that, So I understand you love sin said, He goes, yeah, I love a three way and I'm like, that's great, you know, And we're going through and I don't realize that he's just making pun honey with me, and I'm just I'm just going with it, like, oh really, I love anyways too, I mean, like an idiot, a.
Speaker 2: Five woy gal. And in at the end he's like, are we talking about the same thing.
Speaker 12: Or but by the way, we were not talking about.
Speaker 1: The same I let's uh, well, let's let's talk about more important matters. You will you wrote this story on the on the mayor and the car repossession. What I was watching this happen from Afar and it's like, how about a cluster. This is let's the guy get himself in that situation.
Speaker 12: Oh okay, well, I mean, look, I am not an apologist for the mayor.
Speaker 11: Please do not call me an email me saying I please do not do that.
Speaker 12: I did this actual story. But actually I have to give credit. You know, there is a Facebook site signal ninety nine, and they had put it out there, and you know, it piqued my interest.
Speaker 11: Is this true?
Speaker 12: And you know, I can't just assume what they're saying is true. They're start putting something out there, and so I reached out to the mayor's office. I ended up getting the document that they had on signal ninety nine, and I talked to the mayor on the phone and he said, yeah, I had.
Speaker 11: My car repossess last year.
Speaker 12: He also they now taking nine nine suggested that there was a second repossession order out there. He's like, I don't know anything about the second repossession order, and I am paid enough to date and I can prove it. I didn't ask him to prove it at that moment, but that's what he told me. And I, you know, I talked to a dealer since then and they looked at that order, that's that alleged second repossession order, and they said that that's not real. I don't know if that's true, but they claimed that that is not filled out all the way.
Speaker 11: Therefore, you know whatever.
Speaker 12: Anyway, but yes, so he admitted that, yes, indeed, he had his car repossessed last year, he would have issues with.
Speaker 11: His auto pay.
Speaker 12: And you know, look, I got to tell you whether you like a person or not as a human being, and I know I'm there to ask tough questions and I am happy to ask tough questions. That was an uncomfortable conversation for me because it's embarrassing. It's an embarrassing thing to have to ask someone. It's embarrassing for him to have to admit to it. But the question I want to ask you because I have gotten blowback, like you cannot believe on this story, whether it's people saying I wasn't tough enough or people saying I was. Why did I am I picking on him and that kind of thing. I sort of looked at this, and so did our management. That he's the mayor of a major city, and if to have your car repossessed, is there a bigger issue? Going on here, which the mayor told me, no, there's no larger financial issue here, But you know, is there a larger financial issue here? You're the mayor of a city, this is kind of important. We took it as this is an important thing to tell, to tell and to find out and then if it's true, to tell people. But I have gotten so much blowback in both directions. I'm curious what you guys think. Was I too harsh in reporting that?
Speaker 2: No, I think you're absolutely in line. Because and Steve Gooden we had him on the show yesterday talking about this, and he brought up a great point, which was, you know, if if you're in a you know, public official position, right, you have people coming at you all the time about this and that, and and if the word is out that you're, you know, financially struggling or could be, you know, there's the potential for for someone to dangle something in front of you that could compromise you, right Whereas, hey, yeah, you know we can if you do this, then you know, some sort of payment comes your way if you vote this way kind of thing. So that's why I think it's it's well within bounds for you to ask those questions because you know, we've had a history here, like not long ago of book officials being compromised for things money and otherwise. So I think it's a it's a valid question.
Speaker 11: Okay, you know ed you do? You feel similarly well, and.
Speaker 1: You asked the question of did you go too far one way or the other? I see it sounds like you did exactly your job, because if you're getting equal pushback from both sides, sounds like you just reported the story. And if you know what I'm saying, if if nobody, if nobody's siding with you, you did your job as a reporter, is my.
Speaker 4: Is my take.
Speaker 12: I think Dad had probably heard me say this, your wife that if I've ticked off both sides equally, I know I did it right.
Speaker 1: Correct, right, And that's why you being married to a former reporter, I know that to be true.
Speaker 12: You know, I think everyone at this point knows I'm married to someone who's an elected official, and I had to think from his perspective, like, what would happen if it's for him?
Speaker 11: I do believe if this were him, they would have reported.
Speaker 2: That one thousand percent. Okay, oh for sure, especially well, you know, yes.
Speaker 12: Yes, yes, right, and it would be like a really awful picture of him like pointing his finger or something. Anyway, I do believe, like what you said, that there is that fear that if you are an elected official you have you can be compromised by having debt debt debts, And I think that that is it's a real thing. And let's hope that that does not happen often in local so it doesn't happen like at all, But we know we're not naive enough to believe that that's true, so it can happen. We certainly are not saying that's what's happening, but certainly knowing that information is important.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, And there I guess give the mayor credit. You know, it wasn't like he played some ultra victim car thing.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Now, the story about the auto pay I think there's a lot of holes in that because apparently when you get your car repoe that they don't want to repel your car, right. They they call you, they text you, they email you, they come to your house. His name is aftab Pirival. There's not like there's twenty seven of them in downtown Cincinnati, So that's a little flimsy. But other than that, I guess it sounds like I didn't watch in your room, But it sounds like he you know, it wasn't like he was, you know, trying to you know, play some victim thing, which I'll give you credit on that.
Speaker 11: I will say this.
Speaker 12: He did own it, you know, he he he called. He did not have to call me. He did not have to fess up, right, He could have left us guessing. So you know, it would have probably become something much larger had he decided not to say anything. And you know, here we are almost a week later, still talking about it. But I do give him a lot of credit. That's something that is embarrassing to have to admit to, especially as someone who is, you know, a forty three year old mayor of your city. You know, that's and you know, look, I've known people have had.
Speaker 11: Their car repossessed.
Speaker 12: They they messed up, they just did, and they were you know, they had their heads buried in the sand. They thought everything would work out, you know. But they were younger people, you know, at that time. So it's not It does happen, and I feel for anyone that happens to I mean, for sure, but I do think it was important that we told that story that day. And yeah, and it props to him for at least saying it.
Speaker 1: Look, here, here's a guy who also was, by all accounts, a rising star in the Ohio Democratic Party. Now, what kind of a thorn is an't going to be in the future. I don't think that's not going to come back and bite you in the butt.
Speaker 11: I mean, you just used the past tense. Does just that that's a question.
Speaker 12: I mean, does that change Let's say he was being considered for a big position statewide. Does that change someone's opinion if they're wanting him to run for Congress or be a lieutenant governor. Does that change the minds of those who are making that decision.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, if you don't think it's not going to be on uh An issue in the in the future, if he does decide to run for an office like that, trust me.
Speaker 2: And both sides would would use that. And that's the the ugly you know, the fair, fair games side of the whole deal. But whether it's effective or not, you know, I still think Tanya fortunately or unfortunately give even given this and given the violence downtown, if they were if there was an election tomorrow for mayor, he would win by eighty percent.
Speaker 12: Again, that's just so many people said, oh, and you didn't know about this before the election, like the hate that I the vitriol I would get it, Like, oh, sure, why didn't you report this before the election?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 11: One, I didn't know.
Speaker 12: Two what I mean one? Let's just start him with one. I didn't know that before the election, or I would have reported it.
Speaker 11: But if you do think about it, like, do you think it would have really changed anything?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 11: I don't think so. No, I agree with you.
Speaker 12: I think that this city is very, very deep blue, and the results would have been extremely similar to how they were even if people knew this.
Speaker 11: That's my opinion only.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Tanya, with that, we will let you go. But before we let you go, sure your your thoughts on uh just uh before well, because next week, you know, we're going to have a kind of a Christmas extravaganza with you and talk about your plans and your dreams and your hopes, uh or not, but your thoughts on your Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 2: Oh, leaver with a downer.
Speaker 1: I thought you might have enough gifting kind of there's still hope alive.
Speaker 14: Oh come on, come on, we need like train racks to ocur, you know, meteorates to fall out of the sky, you know, rivers to run the.
Speaker 12: Other direction, and us to win on Sunday. So I look, it's been a sad season. It's been fun in a lot of ways. I am forever grateful to Joe Blacko for being really just providing.
Speaker 11: Us with some like oh thank you, thank you.
Speaker 12: For you know, being that guy, and Joe Burrow for coming back because he could even though he didn't have to. So I think it's you know, I love the Bengals, I do. I just please, can we just get better?
Speaker 11: Please? The Reds have gotten Schore.
Speaker 4: We're I mean, come on.
Speaker 1: I think everybody was pipe dreaming on that one.
Speaker 2: But it shows how loyal and good of fans we are in this town that it just happens over the years multiple times. Are we still hang in there? We still root on our Bengals and our Reds?
Speaker 11: What is the other option? The other option is go what?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 12: I'm never going to root for my home team again. I'm gonna be boring too. Yes, there's something, Yeah, it probably.
Speaker 14: Doesn't I'm still going to be a Bengals and.
Speaker 1: Reds, you know, all right, Tanya. With that, we will let you go and we'll.
Speaker 2: Talk to you.
Speaker 11: Thoroughly depressed. Now I'm gonna go buy some candy and eat it up.
Speaker 1: Then wow, okay, it's on sail at Rogero.
Speaker 2: Look it was cheap, see you, buddy, thanks to our good Now I got this mental image of her with like a huge glass like Merlow and like just Hershey wrappers all over, crying, like dripping.
Speaker 1: With that, we check in with traffic and whether what's going on.
Speaker 6: From the you see Health Traffic Center. You see Health, you'll find comprehensive cars, personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. Bombless care for better outcomes, expect more. You see Health Dot seventy five southbound Union Center to two seventy five crash on the right shoulder. It's got Delanne's the Sunday Road. About a five minutes slow down and hop on near seventy five. Police are cleaning up an accident on State Route twenty eight after buck Wheat rode a crash as well, and we're watching the heavier pockets of traffic on seventy five southbound Ronald Reagan Highway to Norwood Lateral, about an eight minute delay from Shepherd In about a ten minute trip now on seventy one. This is northbound Smith edwards to Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway. I'm Rich Trumpanews Radio seven hundred double d wellwed.
Speaker 2: In the forecast tonight a few passing clouds, winds light and variable, a low of eighteen degrees, and then tomorrow's some am clouds but sun in the afternoon. The HIG will be forty. Right now, it is thirty three News Radio seven hundred WLW. Willie is the one person I know I can count on, my friend. I want you to know that I Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 15: Am here for you.
Speaker 7: It makes me feel good to be an American.
Speaker 2: Let me help ease your concerns, keep you informed, and raise your spirits.
Speaker 16: I'd rather have my own I'm gnawed off by beavers than Miss Willie's show.
Speaker 2: I'm here for you. All you have to do is listen to me the great America.
Speaker 7: I want to be a great American.
Speaker 9: Just like Willie.
Speaker 8: Bill Cunningham Tomorrow at twelve noon on seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by the James Cancer hospital.
Speaker 17: When you choose the James at Ohio State, you're selecting the team that specializes in tweting just one type of cancer yours.
Speaker 9: Well, you'll get access to the most advanced treatments available for your cancer.
Speaker 1: To the last person on the face of the planet to talk about personal responsibility, but I.
Speaker 2: Will correct, this is a pretty wild story here about this guy was aboard a Royal Caribbean cruise ship and died.
Speaker 6: How did he die?
Speaker 2: You say, well, he was served thirty three alcoholic drinks at the bar on the cruise ship. So who's that fault here?
Speaker 1: And they are in the family is suing, he is suing, and apparently it's very convoluted, and here to sort of it all out for us. He is our legal expert. He has been a defense he's been a prosecutor. He's a defense attorney. He knows all, sees all. He was our good friend, Jeremy Rosenthal. Jeremy always our pleasure.
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 2: You're good?
Speaker 1: So so Jeremy. First off, the question has to be asked what happened with with personal responsibility is does that come into play here?
Speaker 4: That's boring?
Speaker 18: I mean, you know, look, can I really be held accountable for anything I do after like.
Speaker 4: The eighth drink, I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 18: I think at that point it's everybody else around me his problem big time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I've claimed my wife before. I don't know what it ain't my fault. Yeah, and we don't know.
Speaker 18: Yeah, boy, I mean, were these thirty three drinks at once? Was it thirty three drinks.
Speaker 13: Over eight days?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 13: Probably it was at once?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 18: You know that that that's kind of what you're arguing to the jury. But this is what you would call and and really it's not what you would call a dram shop case, which is that's where you're over serving somebody and then they go get in the d w I accident. But it's but it's real comparable because here, you know, when you're when you're on a boat and you're out.
Speaker 13: At sea, you know, it's man, it's.
Speaker 18: It's tough, you know, uh, you know, because you're you have limited availability to medical resources. You know, somebody can hurt themselves, somebody could fall.
Speaker 13: Into the ocean. So yeah, there's probably some liability here.
Speaker 2: So I mean, let's take the case on land. And I know it's different because it's usually you know, when someone gets in a call. But would but say that's is anything like this? I guess I'm looking for precedence. Is there any sort of case like this before, whether it was on a boat or on land, where somebody you know, got served too many drinks at the bar, bartender gave them too many drinks and not that they went and got in the car, but they went them and died. Is that what's been ruled in the past.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 18: I don't know about that quite that specifically. I wouldn't be shocked if it was. But yeah, it's a pre you know, over serving alcohol is that's a thing, you know. And and not only that, but there's licensing issues with the alcohol and beverage, uh, you know, commissions and and all that stuff.
Speaker 13: I mean, so that this is hot water it really is.
Speaker 18: Pardon the pun, but yeah, I mean, you know, and especially and you've got here this is under maritime law, which which makes it a little bit weird. But this is the type of thing that just makes missus Rosenthal never ever ever want to get on.
Speaker 13: A cruise boat.
Speaker 18: You know, she just this is reason number four hundred and seventeen. I mean, have you seen the I think there's a Netflix documentary it's called The Poop Boat.
Speaker 1: Yes I saw it, Yes, yeah, but that But the thing is Jeremy and I think where they're going to I think we're Royal Caribbean is going to have a little problem here is that this guy gets all liquored up and then he starts jumping bad on this on the crew and stuff because he was trying to find his room and he got lost and then he got belligerent with people, and so then they were trying to hold him down. They pepper sprayed him, and then they gave him some kind of injection or something. I mean, that seems like they're really that's just asking for trouble.
Speaker 13: Sounds like they were ready, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: This has happened before, right you think you think, oh.
Speaker 18: No, get the get the bottle out, get the what was it called?
Speaker 13: Yeah, you know, get the what is it?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 13: Per at all? I don't know.
Speaker 18: There's probably some pharmacy tech out there listening that's just making fun of us. But but yeah, you know that they've got that ready for you. No, this is I mean, this is why alcohol is heavily regulated. It's because it's dangerous stuff. And not only that, you know, it's pretty foreseeable that when somebody kind of gets this way that something like that's gonna happen. But yes, the counter argument's going to be personal responsibility, right. The counter that's going to be like, well, you know, I mean, we're not this guy's mommy. Then again, you know, I mean really, at some time somewhere between shoot, the twelfth or the thirteenth or the nineteenth drink, I mean, at some point, you know, aren't you like, man, you know what, Hey, I don't want to get in trouble, but this guy is probably we probably you know, need to do something else here with this guy.
Speaker 13: So yeah, I think there's problems here. It probably gets settled. You know, there is a set of law, Like I said, it's maritime.
Speaker 18: You got to sue people in this one court in Florida and they handle all of these things so they get all the fun cruise cases.
Speaker 13: Boy, yeah, yeah, that'll.
Speaker 18: Be you know what, that'd be a fun case to go, do you know, we'd have to do an experiment with the jury, you know, take them out and say all right, well let's see how you guys are after see you see how many of you guys can make.
Speaker 13: It to thirty of these, the.
Speaker 1: Whole number of over Like, like you said, I got eight drinks in me. I don't even know who I am anymore, let alone thirty.
Speaker 2: That's but look, I mean, anybody who's been on a cruise knows that you sign up for the all you can drink package, you pay it up front, and you know, I'm you know, when Ed does that, he gets his money's worth, and so does everybody. Everyone wants to get their money's worth and say, hey, I paid, but boy, I got over on them, and it sounds like a like a challenge. I didn't really want this drink. But ah, right there, right there, you know, what are you what.
Speaker 13: Are you gonna do? You know, I mean you can't you know, you don't want to waste.
Speaker 18: I mean it's for the ecology, right, and it's for the environment at that point, correct, you know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd be foolish not to, right. That's kind of the conversation you have with yourself.
Speaker 1: So how do you think, how do you see this thing playing out?
Speaker 4: Jeremy?
Speaker 1: And in reality?
Speaker 18: Yeah, I think it settles, you know, I mean, these are kind of these are some ugly facts.
Speaker 13: Here, and and you know, you got the bad publicity.
Speaker 18: And look, I mean these cruise companies they're no strangers to bad ink, right they they kind of get it all the time. And and you know, I think they're just kind of looking to get this out of the headlines. Or maybe maybe they'll lean into it and maybe they're like, see, you know, come and we'll you know, we'll we'll overserve you too, or we'll overserve your you.
Speaker 13: Know, your spouse to you good sir. Yeah, looking to push him over the edge.
Speaker 18: I mean, you know, lose what is it lose lose one hundred and fifty pounds overnight, you know, so or three hundred and thirty pounds overnight as it was with this guy.
Speaker 13: This guy was pretty pretty big dude.
Speaker 1: Oh I say, I didn't catch that as a big Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he can put him.
Speaker 13: I mean he's a big boy.
Speaker 18: I think, you know, whereas my limit would be like five or six or seven or whatever his was, he might be in the teams, you know, but uh.
Speaker 13: But yeah, still well below thirty three. You ever try to keep up with a guy like that, it's not pretty Oh.
Speaker 1: I uh, Well, Rocky played professional football, but he and I've never gone out and tried to get a drink on. But one time I was drinking with one of the Bengals, uh, former offensive lineman. And and forget about I'm I'm I'm five. I'm five to seven on a on a good day, Jeremy in one hundred and fifty five pounds. I'm out there trying to carry on with a guy who's like six' five three thirty, right that wasn't, happen and he was drinking beers like they were in.
Speaker 2: Thimbles.
Speaker 18: Yeah, now once you said offensive, LINE i. KNEW i knew how this thing turned. OUT i, mean, yeah, YEAH i did that one time with a Former Texas tech offensive. Lineman and it was at a. CONFERENCE i was supposed to speak the next day AND i didn't BECAUSE i was in the field position in my hotel room for nine. Hours just just, yeah praying for for whatever mercy and yeah tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Right right with, That, jeremy always a, pleasure, Sir thank you very. Much all, right, bye, bye see you, Body, Jeremy thank.
Speaker 4: You Jeremy.
Speaker 1: Rosenthal and, yeah, thirties what was, it thirty three? Drinks thirty three, drinks, dude come on now AND i want to he could have been going to the same. Bar you know What i'm. SAYING i refuse to believe that some bartender, goes, hey but you've already had twenty seven give me another.
Speaker 2: One, well and, look you know on those, boasts everything's on, tape so, RIGHT i think that'll that'll make the case if, yeah if he was at the same, bar bellied up the same bar for eight hours and the same bartenders keeps filling him. Up, okay but what are you supposed to do if you go to this bar and then you grab a couple and you go to that.
Speaker 1: One you've been on cruise ships one of there maybe eight ten different bars on there. Easily, yeah you can walk do, this keep walking around in circles and oh you're back. Again, hey good to see you over and to having a couple. TODAY i see, whatever Whatever i've been to the last four right, Now i'm.
Speaker 6: Here with that way took in with traffic and, weather what's going on from The you see health traffic, centers you see. Health you'll find comprehensive, care so, personal make your best tomorrow, possible bombless care for better, outcomes expect. More you seehealth dot com seventy five southbound Between Union center and two seventy five crash on the right, shoulder and the cleanup is. Underway we do have the so alltains on two seventy five with The Carrol cropper. Bridges we have the ongoing bridge work here continuing in westbound at The Kentucky indiana state. Line we're sewing back to The saint to The petersburg, exit and on the southbound stretch we're back TO us fifty In. Indiana, also seventy five is sewing Between mitchell And paddock and southbound seventy five from as the trials for The Brents bench. Bridge we're looking At De ladies as, well and about a ten minute trip now to seventy five From lebanon to Love. Livideera My Rick, schrey Producer radio seven hundred DOUBLE t WELL.
Speaker 2: W in the forecast tonight a few passing, clouds winds light and, variable a low of eighteen, degrees and then tomorrow's some am clouds but sun in the. Afternoon THE hig will be. Forty right, now it is thirty Three News radio seven HUNDRED.
Speaker 1: Wlw all, right Mister, Pennay i'm going to show you some, images and you tell, me what do you?
Speaker 19: See looks like a butterfly listening to The Scott's loan. Show and this ONE i see a rocket, ship a rocket, ship, yeah blasting out for the Planet, SLOAN i.
Speaker 2: See and this one that looks like a fish swimming in a mountain.
Speaker 19: Pond, yeah but a fish is angry because he's not listening To Scott.
Speaker 1: Sloan Scott, sloan please listen responsibly.
Speaker 20: Join Me Scott sloan tomorrow morning at nine o'clock on seven HUNDRED wlw.
Speaker 4: Might be best for us to discuss some strong.
Speaker 9: Medications this report is sponsored By land Of Illusion Christmas Glow.
Speaker 10: Experience The midwest's Largest christmas village At land Of.
Speaker 1: Illusion all right back With Eddian. Rocky so this story has been kind of making the. ROUNDS i noticed on all the and all the. Media but now, see if you're going to be in uh in the, jint this is the kind of the way you want to.
Speaker 4: Live.
Speaker 1: Okay this happened at a prison down In South. Carolina according to a statement that was posted by The South Carolina department Of, corrections a drone arrived at The Lee Correctional institution down there carrying multiple. Items now usually even think it would be like it would be a pistol or a file or.
Speaker 13: You.
Speaker 1: Know, no it had crab, legs Old bay, seasoning and.
Speaker 2: Marijuana, OKAY i thought you were gonna say he had a big bag of meth in.
Speaker 1: It, nope crab.
Speaker 2: Legs huh.
Speaker 1: Blah blah. BLAH i had Old bay crab boil uh and steak with marijuana and a carton Of. Marlborough now we're talking, There i'm telling you legs and they and they have a picture of, it of the, package and sure enough there's a, nice, big giant bad weeds and good looking crab legs there and a big chunk of.
Speaker 2: Steak it was a.
Speaker 1: STEAK i thought it looked like some brownies for. Dessert well that's, uh the steak probably. Isn't they probably didn't get that order From, RUBIES i. Guess but, yeah we've made some weird stories like that with. That we had the one where.
Speaker 2: Like they shot like drugs out of a small cannon or something into the prison and then there was one like like a catapult or.
Speaker 1: Something it's like now the, Drones well you would think that the drunk THING i don't know how They that seems like to me that'd be pretty easy to do if you did it at night and. Landed you, KNOW i don't, KNOW.
Speaker 2: I, guess BUT i, MEAN i don't know how heavily guard those things. Are but doesn't usually the drones make a lot of, noise they're not.
Speaker 1: Quiet, Well i'm sure that the guard they still have the guard towers and. STUFF i don't even know how prisons work these.
Speaker 2: Days, YEAH i was the guard tarer with the m one GRAND i don't. Know i'm not sure if they do.
Speaker 1: That the spotlights. Around but, anyways somebody had their Little christmas dinner. Busted the no arrests have been made in connection with the, incident So i'm sure that will be uncovered eventually when somebody bitches about the fact that they not having their Crab.
Speaker 2: Boilmur's My Marval red right.
Speaker 1: That we check in with The News News radio seven HUNDRED Wlw.
Speaker 21: News traffic And. Weather News radio seven hundred w L, W, cincinnati the battle of her healthcare On Capitol hill with the four thirty. Report I'm Sean gaalbager breaking. Now there are currently two competing proposals to deal with the increasing cost of health, insurance but the votes Expected thursday in The, senate but neither is expected to get the sixty votes to.
Speaker 22: Pass The republican proposal now emerging in The senate would inject federal dollars into health savings, accounts money that people on the exchanges could then use to offset the cost of high deductible. Plans Top Senate Republican John thune says it also includes Other obamacare.
Speaker 2: Reforms the proposal we will.
Speaker 1: Put out there will actually drive premiums, down.
Speaker 22: But Minority Leader Chuck schumer calls it a phony.
Speaker 2: Proposal who would raise course for The american.
Speaker 22: People he's pushing a three year extension of expiring, subsidies a Planned republicans will. Block Stephen, PORTNOY Abc News.
Speaker 23: Washington now the latest traffic and weather together from THE Uc Health Traffic. Center At Jucy, health you'll find comprehensive, care so, personal make your best tomorrow, possible bombless care for better. Outcomes expect more at ucehealth dot. Com on seventy five southbound Between Union center and two seventy five accident on the right shoulder two seventy five westbound Comb Sale. Bridge we have the three lanes effective westbound here with that road to. Work fifteen minute trip seventy five Northbound mitchell To paddock southbound seventy five So Ronald Reagan highway down To norwood lateral So Don's Factor shepherd southbound seventy five is also sowing Between Eser charles and The Brent Spence, bridge and about a ten minute trip into seventy five BETWEEN us forty two And Loveland. Madeira I'm Rick sharp News radio seven HUNDRED w level build.
Speaker 21: Ladies forecast from The Train heating And Cooling Weather center on News radio seven hundred WL.
Speaker 24: W forts and eye clouds will increase with rain like the near daybreak the load down to thirty seven rain winds say that a chance of rain and snow showers by the late afternoon, hours and highs will be in the mid, forties mostly claudee and colder For, thursday a high of thirty. Three right now radar showing a fair. Sky it's forty two. Degrees there is a service of my Cast Dreucy. Chevrolet The Ohio senate today giving final passage to legislation that would change the state's marijuana laws and now heads To Governor Mike DeWine's DESK centa fifty. Six Senate bill fifty six would eliminate several legal protections for adults who use marijuana and ban this smoking or vaping of cannabis and public, places and it can only be done at a private. Residence it would also restrict the sale of the most hemp, products requiring those with more than zero point four milligrams per container to be sold in licensed marijuana. DISPENSARIES thc beverage sales would be allowed to continue at bars and breweris until the end of twenty twenty, six coinciding with a federal ban which could. Change In Butler, county the teachers' union For Ross Local School district approving a ten day. Strike teachers are not yet on the picket, line but they are prepared to walk out of. Contract negotiations failed to reach a, conclusion with the union also securing the lease for their strike. Headquarters today mark day one hundred of. Negotiations at least two people injured after a shooting on the campus At Kentucky State university this afternoon In, frankfurt with a suspect and. Custody police responded to the campus just after three point thirty following reports of an active aggressor seven one HUNDRED Wlw.
Speaker 2: Sports here's A reds of as.
Speaker 25: Lagger Kyle schwarber and The Philadelphia phillies are finalizing a five, year one hundred and fifty million dollar, contract reuniting the name league home run leader with the franchise that made him a. Star schwarber will make thirty million dollars this. Season The Red's Ali Da La cruz announced today he will play for The Dominican republic in the next Year's World Baseball. Classic here's A bengals, update brought to you By Good, Spirits wine And tobacco And Party. Town Trey hendrickson Underwent corps muscle surgery today on his hip and. Back his season is. Over Bill edison seven UNDERD wlw.
Speaker 24: Sports final numbers On Wall street today at The, dell dropping one hundred and seventy nine, points but The nastick up thirty one THE smp down six points Are next update is at five. O'clock I'm Sean Gallagher News radio seven HUNDRED, Wlw.
Speaker 26: News radio seven HUNDRED wlw And iHeartRadio Station Guarantee human seven HUNDRED.
Speaker 9: WLW i Heard Radio Peyton attorneys pokesperson paid For Baction matters Techting privacy policy in terms and conditions posted at texting terms DOT Us texting enrolls you for recurring automated text.
Speaker 1: Marketing all, right back With eddie And rocky.
Speaker 2: AND i got a good tale of being lost at sea for you, Ready so this is, okay this is, uh this is back in two thousand and. Five for some, reason the story is now just coming coming to light here headline two teens lost at sea for seven days in two thousand and five eight jellyfish to stay. Alive in two thousand and two or two thousand and, five two high school teenagers set out for a day of, fishing, okay then got lost at. Sea Troy, driscoll then, fifteen his best Friend Josh long then, seventeen were lost for seven, days surviving on jellyfish and rain water before they were. Rescued but, bop this is In South. Carolina and he also talks about how you, know they would get out and get in the water to kind of cool off because you, know you're baking in the. Sun but then like the sharks and we would come, around so they have to get back in the. Boat but, man that's that's. Wild how do you eat a? Jellyfish that's WHAT i. WANT i always thought those things were like poison or tasted like snot one or.
Speaker 1: Both, right it'd be like eating a giant booger OR i, mean what the what.
Speaker 4: The hell is?
Speaker 2: THAT i guess you gotta do what you gotta.
Speaker 1: Do but now, also but, yeah to your, point you would think, that you. WOULD i thought they were poisonous.
Speaker 2: Hair he's stung here or, something, RIGHT i don't. Know less than three days after the boys had set, out there's no sign of, them and the rescue mission became a recovery, operation which parents expecting the. Worst, meanwhile in the, boat the boys were still very much, alive but dire need of, food, water and emergency. Attention josh said they were soaking, wet clinging to each other to try to keep, warm made it impossible to sleep during the. Day it got so hot here we. Go we took a couple of dips to cool, off but then the sharks came around and we didn't go in the water. Anymore, yeah but, yeah it's pretty pretty wild.
Speaker 1: Deal we gotta, well like you, said you gotta do what you gotta do because the way you can't you can't. SWIM i can't, swim so you wouldn't have to work too. Much, yeah can you stay afloat if you're treading?
Speaker 2: Water, no that that's the. PROBLEM i can't tread water for thirty. Seconds if you put a million dollars on the side of the pool and said you gotta tread water for sixty, SECONDS i would. LOSE i JUST i don't. KNOW i JUST i don't. Know it just don't.
Speaker 1: Work, Well i've said it. Before you got zero body.
Speaker 2: THAT i wish that were the. CASE i don't. Know it's just for whatever, REASON i just think and THEN i don't like. WATER i don't start, panicking start screaming like a. Child you, know it's just this bad.
Speaker 1: And the surf down in you, know semnisoda or.
Speaker 2: Something hey help.
Speaker 1: Rock in other. News, now this sounds like something that one of your one of your young whipper snappers might pull with your lovely, Wife. Kelly this happened a few weeks. Back a mom popped into the right elementary school In Mount, Juliet. Tennessee have no idea where that's that to Deliver? Nashville is that? Right Around, Nashville, yeah to deliver some paperwork and left her ten year old son out in the out the. Car she came back out to the parking lot to find her car. Gone she assumed it had been stolen with her son, inside and she. Paned witness said they had seen the car recklessly driving out of the parking, lot but when police checked the family home about a mile, away they found the car in the garage and the child in the house with his.
Speaker 2: Dad so the mom was taking too, long As i'm out of, here, Apparently.
Speaker 1: God so he explained that he had had an argument with his mom and decided he was gonna that he was out of. THERE i was just declined to charge the boy because he's too young to be help. Responsible. God the best part Is dad's, like where's your mom? At Kids, like, hell she's at the. STORE i got couldn't take much more of. It he's, like all, right, cool, RIGHT i don't BLAME i don't blame. YOU i do it all the time, women, right, right, Son come, on.
Speaker 4: The car was in the.
Speaker 1: Garage well that's WHAT i IF i was my son and he's, TEN i mean you pull in the garage like a. Champ, YEAH i love you.
Speaker 2: Buddy, Yeah i'm gonna start driving your dad around a little more. Now, yeah that is. Funny but what was the? One there was a story we did not that long long ago where didn't like the kid get hungry and he got in the car and put his little brothers and they went to the McDonald's drive through or.
Speaker 1: Something, yeah like wasn't at the middle of the night or something like. That he just decided angry. Mcone so in uh other driving, news a woman was driving down in the down to the south that part of the world. AGAIN a woman driving to work In Bryson, City North carolina was, stunned, Stunned i'm telling you rock when a cat fell from the sky and crashed through her. Windshields, wow braining cats and.
Speaker 2: Dogs. Cats.
Speaker 1: Uh the Uh Charlotte observer reported that the cat had been seen by a witness struggling with an. Eagle, apparently an eagle had snatched his cat and was flying away with. It the car was going about fifty five when the cat made. Impact the driver was. Injured the, cat, however did not make, it and the the eagle was not.
Speaker 2: RECOVERED i haven't shared that you've been. GONE i haven't shared this with. You lots happened since you've been. Gone the Boymans us are now the proud owners of a, cat a. Kitten oh you got a?
Speaker 27: Cat?
Speaker 2: Yeah so my mother in law like she had a couple of little kittens or, whatever and and one of them just ended up at her. House AND i gotta, say this little thing's. Cool. Man my wife's, LIKE i can't believe you how much you love the. Cat i'm, like it's. Cool what's his? Name what's its?
Speaker 13: Name?
Speaker 2: Coco? Coco because it's you, know he's like brownish black kind of. Thing so it's it's so it's a guy. Cat, No, NO i always mess this. Up it is a girl. CAT i think Maybe kelly felt out numbered, because you know, me the three boys and the two dogs all, male so she needs a little female.
Speaker 1: Companionship have you got your pet to spade or? Neuter, no but we need to get on that for, sure because you're going to find out what happened to your mother in. Law it happened to you because that happened to me WHEN i was a, KID i Had dad hated the cat that we, had but we were like a. Dad we don't who cares and it was a. Female that cat had a litter of like nine. Kittens, well it's Fun it's funny because we haven't seen the last couple of.
Speaker 2: Days but you, know within the first couple of days this cat was at our, house we noticed outside there was another. Cat it's, like how in the hell is that? Thing no that you, know our kid doesn't go, outside but they, know they. Know here's another quick story. Though so in our house it's, me my, wife three, boys two, dogs the, cat and my son has a pet. Gecko, RIGHT i forgot about the get go OR i just say he had a pet. Gecko woke up one morning and you, know he had the geckos in this little like you, know querying. Thing it was, tall, say you, know like well two and a half feet tall or, whatever and the little door was open on the gecko on chase the gecko's home, there and we can only suspect that, uh Miss kitty.
Speaker 1: Went there and got him to Think coco had a little mid.
Speaker 2: Nights we didn't see any sound of struggle though there was no, Blood there was no, LIKE i don't, know would he eat a gecko or just kill?
Speaker 1: Hell, yea they would Really, yeah it's really.
Speaker 2: SAD i, mean because, yeah this get. Go he was he was kind of cool. TOO i didn't do much with, him but he. Was he was pretty. Cool and now we can't find him.
Speaker 1: Or so he's gone period. Gone there was, No, no it's been about four days he's been. Gone so Did but the cat doesn't go outside mm, hmm so it. Can't couldn't have drugging outside to feed to his.
Speaker 2: When when the one in the corner and you, know and ripped it the shreds and maybe it's. THERE i don't. KNOW i don't. Know did he eat the whole? THING i don't.
Speaker 1: Know the cats eat, Geckos, yeah they would eat, it BUT i don't. Know there would be a skeleton of some. Nature there'd be some kind of, Evidence.
Speaker 2: That's WHAT i. Think or do they do they they put the skeleton up it like an. Owl that no idea he has the. Pellets, no we're breaking this down like A. CSI i love this matt. Lock we haven't looked around like all the places like near. It did it get inside the? Chair is it still? There and we try setting out water and some crickets and. Stuff, nope no.
Speaker 1: GECKO i never know JUST i got an, idea BUT i just never KNOW i got an idea. Too, unfortunately it's what are the boys saying about?
Speaker 2: It and they're sad About chase the gecko being fun but uh but again the cat that aside has been a.
Speaker 1: Good addition to the. Family, yeah wa lays on your face and steals your breath at.
Speaker 2: Night the one thing that's we're at cat like this on you, know some part of the day that this cattle absolutely love me LIKE i, mean it just Thinks i'm the greatest thing in the, world comes up on, me gurls up on, me goes, asleep all the whole. Thing and then like another part of the, day you like you walk up to it and think like looks actually like. Scatters it's like they're, Inconsistent like a dog is going to love you at four, o'clock at twelve o'clock On. Tuesday On, wednesday, cat you don't, know it's like a.
Speaker 1: Wife you got another wife in the, house brother, VINGO i know already got two of them with. That we check in with traffic and, Weather, rick what's going?
Speaker 4: On what's going?
Speaker 6: On it just wants to play when it runs, away it wants you to play because we have a. Cat that's that same.
Speaker 2: Thing, yeah, absolutely in the playing.
Speaker 6: Plane well that's why you have toys and you go grab something and throw it and then the run. Away do they chase stuff like a dog like a?
Speaker 4: Dog?
Speaker 6: Sure now ours and then and mine will wants uh breakfast at sometimes five thirty in the.
Speaker 2: Morning lets me.
Speaker 1: Know, Yeah well it's, well don't have to worry about that around the boyman household because there's always a get gorner.
Speaker 6: Other smaller. Animal it might show up in a current insurance. Commercial you never know what's going to happen with. That from THE Uc Health Traffic center and you see, health you'll find a count prehensive, care so, personal make sure best tomorrow. Possible that's boundless care for better. Outcomes EXPECT moreu seehealth dot. Com, well right now we have the so down seventy one filling in between data And Ronald reagan And Cross County highway's about a fifteen minute trip right. Now and also on seventy five northbound seventy four To paddock is about a fifteen minute drive. Now the construction de leys on seventy five Southbound Ronald Reagan highway To Norwood laddle has traffic sewing back To shephard and we've got the de legs onto seventy five for The Carrol Cropper. Bridge because of the ongoing bridge work westbound delays to The petersburg. Exit, Southbound we're back to you west fifty In, indiana and seventy five southbound is sewing as you make your way Between Western avenue and the Brend S Bench. Bridge that's a put a ten minute trip now Rich Ramp news The radio seven hundred W. Welw the forecast from.
Speaker 1: A seven HUNDRED wlw weather center for to night cloudy sky's occasional rain and the showers after, midnight the low of thirty seven four tomorrow morning rain and the high of forty. Three it is forty four Down News radio seven HUNDRED. Wlw is it True Tom brennanman was the bass player in a punk band Called Mash. Potato that is mostly not. True is it true That Tom brenneman can speak to dolphins but chooses not too because of their? Attitude it sounds, possible but not. True is it true that listening To Tom brenhaman makes your morning? Better that one is?
Speaker 28: True please join me in the morning for the latest, news, weather, traffic, sports at a truck load more to get your day started Right Tom brenneman tomorrow morning at five am on seven HUNDRED.
Speaker 10: Wlw this report is sponsored By Miami Valley. Game get To Miami Valley gaming On december twenty seventh for a chance to win A FORD f.
Speaker 4: One so.
Speaker 2: This is, funny but not. Funny this is In, LOGANVILLE i guess which is In. Georgia man faces criminal charges after police say he fired three shots at a shopper he suspected of stealing at A. Low's so he's sitting. THERE i saw one male shooting at another, person, case Said Michael, starks who was in the parking lot when this shooting. Happened he could have hit him in the, back could have killed, him and could have had a straight bull that stuck that struck someone, else please say sixty four year Old Stephen Douglas wagner pulled a pistol out and fired near The Garden center on THREE. Pm at the, store the rest warrant States wagner targeted someone he believed to be. Shoplifting so he's, like guy looks like he's. Shoplifted so that ain't gonna. Stand so this dude just literal frontier.
Speaker 1: Justice, yes.
Speaker 2: A low's employee told police a young man had not stolen. Anything looking. Will police have not responded to requests for an update on the. Case, uh but the story goes on at the end of. It, yeah this guy who shot this, Kid, uh he thinks he should be rewarded for stopping a.
Speaker 1: Theft so wait a, minute it's proven that the kid didn't steal, anything but he said he's pretty, well.
Speaker 2: It's according to a worker at The, lows he didn't steal, anything but he's claiming he. Did so this is obviously tied up in the in the justice. System but uh, yeah he, said, uh you know not not only WAS i in the, right BUT i should be rewarded for.
Speaker 1: This, dude you do, well whatever.
Speaker 2: FRONTIER i, feared you'd like. That it's a little frontier justice to the nth.
Speaker 1: Degree, now if you just started doing, THAT I i would be in jail in about five or six. Hours IF i was out, driving you're. Gone well you know why have my issue?
Speaker 4: Is but?
Speaker 1: Driving, yeah if IF i, could IF i can shoot, YOU i.
Speaker 2: Will that's why you don't carry a.
Speaker 1: Gun AND i don't carry a. Gun and THERE'S i don't have a turret mounted on the front of white truck OR i.
Speaker 2: Just you have you ever liked me fancized about having like a like a gun turret or like you, know like two like fifty cow machine guns on either, side like right above the.
Speaker 1: Headlights, yeah somebody Just James bondy kind of. Things, yeah just reached down and flip a little buttons and, yes oh yeah there would Be, yeah there'd be a body.
Speaker 2: Count wait that guy cut me. OFF i ain't gonna stand uh uh. No it should have should have thought about it before you did. IT i should have thought about crossing the guy with two mounted fifty. Cows do not tell you the, gun. Sir i'm crazy AND i would use. Them, yeah because you can't. Drive, yeah just one your day when you're lucky day having across the wrong.
Speaker 1: Man cut the wrong guy off of. Traffic let that be a lesson to. You So, rock we're doing a topic here of taking some.
Speaker 2: Calls, yeah in light Of Jermaine burton getting released, yesterday and, look he wasn't some you, know generational, talent but he was a third round pick THAT i think a lot of folks had eye hopes for and kind of a project. Guy BUT i mean wasn't active for one game this year and had multiple, opportunities And Jamar chase is. Hurt Tim higgins was hurt at different. Times could have saved the, day but didn't do, it so The bengals let him. Go so we want to do a topic on you, know just like athletes that that just didn't work. Out maybe they were bus you know that you can like veta, right, yeah for like of. It maybe it was like it wasn't their, fault but maybe it's just the circum you, know you think Of Kajana, CARTER i wouldn't consider him a bus but what could have been you know WHAT i? MEAN i mean literally on his like second run as A bengal on a preseason he goes, down there's a leg up and he's never be still. Played but he wasn't quite the. Same so we'll take your calls on that five, one, three, seven, four, nine.
Speaker 1: Seven, thousand and we'll get your calls after the News right, Now News radio seven HUNDRED Wlw.
Speaker 21: News traffic And Weather News radio seven hundred W Lw Cincinnati.
Speaker 20: President going on a road. Tour the topic is the. Economy this is the five o'clock. Report I'm Matt reese breaking.
Speaker 2: Down races are coming. Down just do you talk about?
Speaker 5: Affordability The democrats love to say affordability for, it but then they never talk about they're the ones that gave us the high.
Speaker 20: Prices President trump With politico yesterday as he travels tonight to Eastern pennsylvania to talk about the.
Speaker 29: Economy President trump tonight in Northeast pennsylvania's expected to tout his economic policies that he says have delivered For. Americans the president has faced pushback from within his own party that he's not doing enough to address rising costs and isn't talking about pocketbook issues enough the cost of, food, clothing and everyday. Items in an interview With politico On, monday The president said he gives the economy.
Speaker 2: High marks a plus plus plus plus, Plus.
Speaker 29: But a Recent gallup poll found that only thirty six percent Of americans approve of The president's handling of the. Economy sixty two percent. Disapprove Karen TRAVER'S Abc news The White.
Speaker 20: House by the, way interest rates are likely to calm down a little bit more as The Federal reserves expected to announce its decision tomorrow to cut, rates maybe by a quarter percentage. Point and now we check your drive home this. Afternoon we have the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 6: From THE Uc Health Traffic. Center at you See, health you'll find comprehensive care so personal makes your best tomorrow. Possible aless care for better. Outcomes expect more at you see health dot. Com watched for delays because of the accident Town Ronal Reagan highway Approaching. Ridge we've got the left wing taken up here And Norwood lateral At montgomery getting reports of an. Accident to watch for the slowdowns, here please on the. Scene seventy five Southbound Rondal Reagan highway To Norwood, lateral about a ten minute. Trip we also have southbound seventy five Sow In Western avenue to the Bren spence northbound seventy five seventy four To, padic about a ten minute. Drive fifteen minute. Commute seventy one northbound Between dana And Ronald Reagan Cross County highway and two seventy five filling in Between mostelder And Loveland. Madeira seventy five Northbound sharon To Union center gating heavy as, well and we have Irriot pinehurst down accident police on the. Scene I'm Rick Schremp News radio seven hundred W Lw.
Speaker 26: Now the latest forecast from The No Feared Dentist Weather Center Advanced. Dentistry the thought of the dentist making you a nervous. Wreck we're here for. You No Fear dentist dot Com laine.
Speaker 20: Likely to morning time will have windy conditions and increasing, clouds a low thirty Seven, tonight rain showers and then a chance of rain and snow showers, tomorrow windy forty, five chance of snow Showers tomorrow night and mostly. Cloudy, windy with a low twenty. Six new accumulation of less than a half inch, possible mostly, cloudy and thirty three On. Thursday right now In, cincinnati we have forty two. Degrees one person is dead one person critically injured after a shooting On Kentucky State university's campus In. Frankfort it happened this. Afternoon suspect is in. Custody THE ksu campus has been on. Lockdown there's no other details released. Yet former police officer going to do time in prison after he was caught by The feds in a drug.
Speaker 17: Scheme in federal court In, columbus former police Officer Mark engelmeyer Of, Waverley ohio was sent to for leading a cocaine and steroid distribution. Ring the forty two year, old who worked with The Pike County sheriff along with piked And waverley And welston, police imported raw drug materials From china to manufacture various steroids that he shipped by mail twenty five hundred. Packages THE us attorney also says Angle meyer distributed eleven kilos of cocaine In, waverley even flying To columbia after His california supplier was. Busted Angle meyer will spend the next ten years in federal. Prison I'm Jack crumley Use radio seven HUNDRED.
Speaker 20: Wlw it's been a couple of years now Since ohioans voted to legalize recreational use of, marijuana and now there's a bill at the State house that would toughen the state's marijuana.
Speaker 30: Laws Senate bill fifty six imposes stricter limits ON thhc levels allowed by. Law in, addition landlords came for hibbit cannabis consumption and home cultivation by. Tenants adult sharing cannabis with other adults could find themselves charged with illegal. Trafficking the bill also makes it illegal the possession and use of cannabis from out of, state and it reduces the number of people who may have their record's expungs for prior marijuana possession. Offenses the measure has made it through THE gop dominated State house And senate and now awaits a signature from The.
Speaker 2: Governor I'm Brian engel seven one HUNDRED Wlw. Sports here's a redsdas.
Speaker 25: Lugger Kyle schwarbur and The Philadelphia phillies are finalizing a five, year one hundred and fifty million dollar, contract reuniting The National league home run leader with a franchise that made him a. Star schwarber will make thirty million dollars this. Season The Red's Ali Da La cruz announced today he will play for The Dominican republic in the next Year's World Baseball. Classic here's The Bengals, day brought to you By Good, Spirits wine And tobacco And Party. Town Trey hendrickson Underwent corps muscle surgery today on his hip and. Back his season is. Over Bill edison seven UNDERD wlw.
Speaker 20: Sports final numbers On Wall street this, afternoon The dow was down one seventy nine. POINTS cesp five, hundred also off by. Six nasdaq was up forty. One next news coming up at five Thirty Matt Reeves News radio seven, HUNDRED, doublel DOUBLE.
Speaker 9: D this report is sponsored by All. State wish you could save on home Insurance with All? State you could easily save and get quality. Protection, yep it's a win. Win so what are you waiting for in?
Speaker 1: Rocky and we're talking kind of busty material in, sports and we're not talking about. Buzzumi we're talking about just bust and disappointments along the.
Speaker 2: Way, yeah it just didn't work, out and kind of in light Of Jermaine burton getting released and, yeah it wasn't like he was a first round. Pick but speaking of first round, PICKS i think you could Say John ross, right first round pick a couple of years back by The, bengals was you don't like use word, bust but didn't certainly didn't work out the Way bengals had hoped it, would and got IN i.
Speaker 1: Got a text from my, old my old dear friend right Of. Mojo oh, yeah right of the Late Gray Mojo ye talking and she was A chargers. Fan but when they were still that's where they used to live, in, Uh San. Diego Ryan, leaf that was a big, one ridiculous blah blah blah came To San, diego AND i guess everybody there was about ready to jump off a bridge because he did not do.
Speaker 2: Squat, yeah and he's Had LIKE i actually talked to him BECAUSE espn we employed him for a little bit AND i think we did A bowl game LIKE i was ON, tv he was on radio or. Something we talked and he was like a nice. Guy BUT i think he was one of those guys that was just like something you just catch him on the wrong. Day you, know he could be the nicest guy in the world and then like all of a, sudden just like totally bat blank. Nuts, yeah you, know just you never knew what someone would hit his mood the wrong, way and he. Couldn't he couldn't you know.
Speaker 1: When there's some famous footage of him going off on report no report in the locker.
Speaker 2: Room, yeah he just going, YEAH i remember remember something like.
Speaker 1: THAT i don't even remember when it was. Over, yeah but, uh but you were your thoughts on that five, one, three, seven, four, nine seven, thousand eight, hundred the big one and trying to think Of I'm John ross definitely comes to mind.
Speaker 2: Now, NO i MEAN i didn't watch him, play BUT i think you know folks would Say Greg cook, again not not his, fault but like JUST, I i guess maybe the better way of of saying it is someone whose career didn't really pan out the way anyone dreamed it, Would AND i Think Greg cook would probably be a part of. That, again no fault of his, own but happened to get the wrong injury and at the wrong era that couldn't be repaired the proper, way and it cost.
Speaker 1: Him well that's a And i'm sure you've heard it as as well AS i, have but that if that would have happened to him to, date that he would have he probably wouldn't have even missed a.
Speaker 2: Season, yeah it's, awful. Terrible we Mentioned Johnna. Carter these are all local. Examples, WELL i feel like a. Guy what do you think About Ken.
Speaker 1: GRIFFY J i heard you guys talking about that, earlier.
Speaker 2: Because on one, hand he had an unbelievable, career but His red's CAREER i think anybody would say was didn't meet what everyone thought it could have.
Speaker 1: Been, well it seemed to, me didn't he come here and get kind of? Hurt he was kind of after he came, here was getting little injuries all the.
Speaker 2: TIME i, mean it's always. Hurt could never stay on the.
Speaker 1: Field BECAUSE i remember when The red, SIGNED i, WAS i was everybody was charged. Up, MAN i was, LIKE i remember one was crying that. DAY i was, like this is.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable, yeah this is. Cool the Great Griffy junior coming. Home, yeah let's talk To. Kim, Hey, kim what's going?
Speaker 13: On?
Speaker 14: Hey are you talking about First Round?
Speaker 15: Bus?
Speaker 2: Yeah it could be any or any athlete that just didn't live up to be the. Hype but, yeah, sure first round. Bus what do you?
Speaker 13: Got, OKAY i HAVEN'T i don't know if it was the First Round, bus BUT i.
Speaker 31: Think he Was David klingler and Then john.
Speaker 2: O'Connor, yeah, wait we were talking About. John that was just unfortunate because of an.
Speaker 28: Injury, yeah but still, Ye David Kleelern, kim that's that's definitely a good.
Speaker 1: One he didn't even pop to. Mind, yeah let's talk To sean And. Mason, Hey, sean what's going?
Speaker 26: On?
Speaker 27: Hey doing all?
Speaker 28: Right?
Speaker 27: Man how about the? Boz Brian bosworth From oklahoma or nineteen eighty Six Orange, bowl first round draft picked by The Seattle, seahawks got injured pretty much right, away and before long he was working DOING b.
Speaker 2: Movies, yeah and from WHAT i, recall, yeah he got injured in you, know, YEAH i only played three years AND i don't think he Was it wasn't like he was, awful but for, LIKE i, mean he was, like you, know the projection on him, was, man this guy is going to be just absolutely. Unbelievable he wasn't.
Speaker 31: Unbelievable he had his own IF i remember, right he had his own soft drink, deal he had his.
Speaker 27: Own, shoes he had his OWN i don't know television show ON. MTV i, mean he was.
Speaker 31: Going to be all that in the bag of chips going into THE, nfl and he probably would have, been but got injured pretty early on and just never hisself and he was out of football within three years and he was DOING b rated.
Speaker 2: Movies yeah for a.
Speaker 28: WHILE i don't even know what he's doing, Now, Seanworth, well he does The Dr pepper commercials now the college football Doctor.
Speaker 31: Pepper, Yeah, Pepper, yeah, yeah that's.
Speaker 1: Him But, sean you remember it seems to me And rock you probably remember the thing there weren't he Would they were trying to play him up as like the new you, know up with trying to think of the equivalent Like John cena today or The rock or. Something he was supposed to be the big new Action, yeah big action.
Speaker 4: Star.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was in a movie Called Stone. Cold If i'm not, mistaken why DO i remember?
Speaker 13: That? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah thanks.
Speaker 2: Buddy but by the, way his his thirty for thirty is really. GOOD i, mean and if you watch old Like oklahoma highlights him to it an unbelievable. Player, yeah unbelievable. Player let's talk To justin And. Brookville, Hey, justin thanks for.
Speaker 1: Holding what do you?
Speaker 31: Have, well unfortunately For bengals, fans we're going to talk about A Keeley smith and bring him.
Speaker 2: Up oh, yeah, yeah that didn't work out, well.
Speaker 27: But did not for a first round guy especially.
Speaker 1: Well and let me ask both of you, guys BECAUSE i obviously remember him being here and, stuff BUT i never did quite get what happened with. Him was he just overrated coming out of? College did he get? Hurt AND i don't remember him getting hurt or.
Speaker 32: Anything he held a little bit and then the training CAMP i, REMEMBER i.
Speaker 4: Think that was.
Speaker 2: Right, yes he was in the ninety nine. Draft and was that the same drafts As Tim? Couch? Yeah and was uh McNair that draft, TOO i, FORGET i.
Speaker 27: REMEMBER i believe he was.
Speaker 1: Brown maybe The browns took The couch one and then then The bengals were like second or third and Take. Smith seems to me that was something like.
Speaker 13: That.
Speaker 2: Possibly all, right and Thanks, Jess, yeah thank. You let's talk To wayne And. Walton what's going?
Speaker 13: On?
Speaker 33: Wayne, YEAH i was GONNA i was gonna Say Kelly smith as. Well SO i guess they beat me to the, punch but that that's probably one of the bigger ONES i could think.
Speaker 1: Of, yeah And, wayne what you just heard what we were talking about? There do you recall what it? Was did he hold? Out it seems to me he did. That that makes sense to me that he did.
Speaker 10: That he.
Speaker 31: Did but then when he, played he just was.
Speaker 4: HORRIBLE i, mean he he just was Not he was just not.
Speaker 15: GOOD i mean he did, play but he just didn't play.
Speaker 2: Well, Yeah AND i feel like ed thanks one At, oregon he had like like one good, year you, know and and just like. Boom. Yeah here it is so nineteen ninety, Seven, uh you KNOW dc year, two one hundred and eight completions on two hundred, attempts thirteen hundred, yards thirteen. Touchdowns, okay not. Great but then nineteen ninety eight he throws for thirty seven hundred yards and thirty two. Touchdowns and that's back when before there was, like you, know the big time. Numbers but, yeah and so, here by the, way if that same dirafts, here everyone always likes to do. This you, know who could who? Could who else could The bengals have? Had so After Achilles smith was, drafted, uh the, fourth the number four Pick Edgrin James hall Of, Famer Ricky, Williams Tory, Holt Champ, Bailey David. Boston just looking at the big numbers, Here Dante culpepper, Was Javon curse could hand, Him Antoine. WINFIELD i, mean you, know there's some.
Speaker 4: Great.
Speaker 1: Players let's talk To eric In. Madisonville, Hey, eric.
Speaker 4: What do you? Got?
Speaker 33: Hey, guys how you, Doing? Rocky i'm about your age AND i remember in the late nineties Watching nebraska, football AND i Thought Lawrence phillips was going to be the.
Speaker 2: Man, yeah but his was more off the field, stuff. Right he, HAD i mean some bad off the field, stuff, right like hitting his, girlfriend maybe a gun or. Something AM i making that?
Speaker 1: Up Lawrence? Phillips?
Speaker 33: Yeah, YEAH i think he might have rammed her head in a. Mailbox and then he ended up in prison AND i don't know if he killed somebody in there or maybe he, Died but, man he was awesome At.
Speaker 31: Nebraska.
Speaker 2: Yeah he died in twenty sixteen at the age of. FOUR i think you're. RIGHT i think he's committed suicide In is that, right?
Speaker 4: Jam?
Speaker 2: Yeah uh. Yeah AFTER i remained in trouble with the. Law he was serving a thirty one year sentence on assault convictions when he was charging twenty fifteen with murdering his cellmate while the writing. Trial he was found dead in solitary. Confinement let's talk To john In. Westchester, Hey, john what do you?
Speaker 4: Got? Hey how you guys?
Speaker 31: Going?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so are are we talking about bust exclusively just In cincinnati or.
Speaker 2: Just, yeah anywhere? Anywhere any?
Speaker 4: Sport?
Speaker 3: Yeah SO i HAVE i have thwing just right off the top of my, Head JaMarcus, Russell, Yeah Joey harrington And Eric krauch From.
Speaker 4: Nebraska.
Speaker 2: Yeah Air crouch was the same panned. Out, YEAH i uh, YEAH i have a. THANKS i have two career sacks Against. Aircraft but, yeah we're in the same draft. Class he was drafted in the third round by The rams as a wide. Receiver he was aquarterback the. Trophy.
Speaker 1: Yeah well And JaMarcus brother that's the NAME i haven't thought about in a.
Speaker 2: While that's otherwise known as, like you, know like one of the, worst you, know disaster busts of all.
Speaker 1: Time what did just the fact that it turned out that he was just an idiot for like a better way to put.
Speaker 10: It he was just.
Speaker 2: Stupid, yeah and and again he just didn't you, KNOW i mean the guy was six, six two sixty, right and just had all the talent in the, World, LIKE i mean one of those just absolutely know cannon for an arm could run, big the whole.
Speaker 6: Deal BUT.
Speaker 2: I thought there was a STORY i recall of you, KNOW nfl, scouts like a bunch of stories like he you, know he fell in asleep in a meeting with you, know The raiders or, something and they still drafted, him and then something like some coach gave him like A i think when he was with The, raiders like he, said, hey here's a here's A dvd of you, know but of the coverages our opponent's gonna, play like watch this and let me you, know you, know and let me know what you. Think but he gave him a BLANK dvd just see if he was actually gonna watch. It he come back in the next day, like, YEAH i watched, it and they knew they were in. Trouble let's talk To Donna. Newport, hey don what do you?
Speaker 15: Have great, Guys SO i haven't heard him, yet BUT i challenge anybody to beat this. One Tony, mandrich oh, yeah, YEAH i. REMEMBER i can still see THE si cover, now. YEAH i mean he looked like he's ready to.
Speaker 2: BUST i remember the the S i cover said the incredible. Bulk. Yep he was like seven feet, tall, remember well something like. That but and he was one of those. Guys let me see how long he, played BECAUSE.
Speaker 4: I mean he.
Speaker 2: Played he played six, years so he, played but yeah he was Never. Yeah it all kind of gets Like, bosworth this amount of hype you get, it and then if you don't really you know what years When I'M i.
Speaker 15: Don't think he was a starter for that, long but we can we can find that out if we look hard. Enough but the second one Is Big Daddy, wilkinson another famous uh buck guy that was plastered all over THE U S i with a big wooden spook of spoon and fork in his.
Speaker 4: Hand remember.
Speaker 2: THAT i Remember Big. DAD i remember he was was he the number one overall pick that?
Speaker 4: Year?
Speaker 15: Mistaken he started here and went a few, others but he never ever panned out that.
Speaker 4: Way he was supposed to.
Speaker 1: BE i never, Did Thanks. Don, Yeah and But mandreate's what arrow was. That i'm having a total brain fog on that.
Speaker 2: One this is like early. Nineties, yeah he was drafted by The packers and then he played In indianapolis for for a little, bit so, yeah and then then then the steroid stuff. Cut BUT i do remember that give the picture of the front Of Sports illustrations had the incredible bulk on it because at the time he was like just this massive human, being and you, know and he was you, know six, six three. Thirty but there's, like you, know there's guys bigger than that these, days you.
Speaker 1: Know but they're doing it. Naturally. Uh with, that we check in with traffic and. Weather what is going?
Speaker 6: On, like did anybody say Arch?
Speaker 2: Schleister, yeah there you?
Speaker 4: Go there you.
Speaker 6: Go, eh what a heartbreaker that. WAS i could HAVE i would have bet money he was, gonna you, know pan?
Speaker 2: Out well, Said well said so did.
Speaker 6: He from the you See Health Traffic center and you see, health you'll find comprehensive. Carousel person makes your best and moral. Possible that's bombless care for better, outcomes expect. More you see health dot. Com two seventy five east Bound Princeton pike to seventy five is a. Shutdown i'm just getting an update on. This it's close due to an accident That we've got a cruise on the scene getting this cleaned. Up if you can't avoid the. Area seventy five north bound after two seventy five crash on the right Shoulder Ronald Reagan highway westbound At. Ridge the accident here is on the right. Shoulder we also have two seventy five sewing westbound seventy five to, win and that's up to about a ten minute trip and a fifteen minute drive now on seventy one north bound between data And Ronald Reagan Cross County, highway My, Bridge shrump And Use radio seven hundred WD.
Speaker 1: Welwd the forecast from a seven HUNDRED wlw weather center for to, night cloudy sky's occasional rain and the showers after, midnight the low of thirty seven four tomorrow morning rain and the high of forty. Three it is forty four Now News radio seven HUNDRED. Wlw what is?
Speaker 7: Sports sports is. Family it's mob driving everyone to the soccer. Practice it's that teaching you how to break in a new ball. Glove it's everyone loading into the car going to the big. Game sports is. Family that's why we love.
Speaker 8: It Sports talk With lance McAllistair tonight at six on seven HUNDRED.
Speaker 16: Wlw this report is sponsored By One Hour heating And Eric Kendy. Shting winter temps are upon. Us it's time to get your heating tune. Up with One Hour heating And Eric Kendy. Shting they will have your system ready for these chilli nights with twenty four to seven availability and a satisfaction. Guarantee book now at one Hour airsinc Dot.
Speaker 1: Com lamb all right back With eddie And rocky a little while, longer but rog before we get out of. Here always loved to talk to OUR abc friends and we had A we talked to our lawyer friend about this story earlier in the. Show but here to give us the ins and outs of what happened on This Royal caribbean cruise. Ship Alex stone FROM Abc and what a weird.
Speaker 34: Story, Alex, yeah it really. Is and we're hearing from the family attorneys now as. Well, yeah a big part of going on a cruise, Is i'm sure you guys have been talking, about is drinking a. Lot and family members Of Michael, virgil the thirty five year old, guy say that this is a case of not your normal drinking on board a cruise ship and that it led to him. Dying But virgil went on This Royal caribbean cruise laed In, Sonata mexico Last december with his seven year old son and, wife and the family says they, boarded they were sent to a bar with live music while their state room was being, readied and that during that time that he was served thirty three alcoholic, drinks which doesn't even seem. Possible thirty three alcoholic. Drinks, well he was waiting for his room to BE readi and the family attorney's telling us this was obviously a.
Speaker 32: Top the, kid he was not a big. Drinker he's not used to.
Speaker 34: This so the lawsuit, says after a while waiting for that, bar The virgil's seven year old son and wife grew. Impatient they went to check on the cabin, status and That virgil left the bar while they were away and stumbled down the hallway and got into. Trouble and there is cell phone video of him violently kicking a ship's door and was reportedly threatening crew members and. Passengers there there's video showing a bunch of security personnel on top of them restraining, him holding him down as he was arguing with them and fighting.
Speaker 32: Back haines saying the, Video, Michael i'm agitated kicking a. Door it's totally out of. Character for, Help we're not going to good. Behavior but that's not who he, was a person who the lovely. Father they both believed that he was a gentle. Giant so that's what alcohol does to. You it transforms you into a different, person especially that much.
Speaker 34: Alcohol so they claim he, was while being held, down injected by onboard security with a sedative to calm. Him down and he, died and The La County Medical examiner his role that his death was a homicide death in the hands of another, person saying number of factors played a, role but his death was due to body compression while he was being restrained and held. Down obesity and alcohol played a role as. Well but the family is Suing Royal. Caribbean they say that it didn't need to go this, way that he shouldn't have been served so, much and shouldn't they shouldn't have reacted that, WAY i.
Speaker 32: Understand ending that essentially everything that happens on board is trek. Digitally there will be a digital footprint of, everything including when the rooms were, available how many drinks for, sure.
Speaker 34: That sort of. Thing, so, guys the cruise line is TELLING abc that it's saddened by his, passing that it worked with authorities on their, investigation but The Royal caribbean won't be commenting further because of pending. Litigation but the family Blames Royal. Caribbean they say they serving him thirty three drinks when he was clearly drunk and then injecting him with a sedative and all. That they claim that this was unneeded and should not have gone down that, road but we'll see where it. Goes a lot of cases like this will get settled out a court so it doesn't go to. Trial but at this point the lawsuit has just been.
Speaker 4: Filed what DO i think was more the?
Speaker 2: Cause was it the alcohol or the sedatives or the sedatives mixed with the. Alcohol but then you also said it was he died by you, say as suxiation or just.
Speaker 34: Yeah the compression on his. Chest, WELL i mean The ultimately they are arguing That Royal caribbean should not have served him thirty three, drinks that that was the starting point where even if you've got the unlimited drink, package that at some point the servers have to, say you know, what you've had thirty three, drinks like we're? Done and did they say that that is and that the main crux of their argument is that they overserved, them they served him too much. Alcohol but the other aspects of it come along as.
Speaker 2: Well now do they know did he get these all at the same bar or is any and how we're talking, earlier usually eight different bars that you could go here and get, one go over here and get three and then come back to the other one later.
Speaker 4: Do we know.
Speaker 34: That, yeah the allegation is that he went to the one bar that they directed him to while waiting For and we don't know what timeline was this an, hour was it two? Hours that's not yet, clear but it seems at least the allegation is that it was all at one bar that he sat, there and you have to assume it was. Shots you'd be very full after drinking thirty three. Beers i'm kidding that that in a fairly short amount of, time that that he downed a lot of likely shots in that one.
Speaker 1: Bar all right with, That, alex we will let you. Go, buddy thanks so.
Speaker 34: Much you got to pick.
Speaker 1: Case and you, know and they're and they're claiming that this fellow wasn't a big. Drinker, Well i'm, sorry, MAN i had you AND i can put a couple of drinks.
Speaker 4: Away. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh if you're not a quote unquote big drinker and you're sitting just doing shots in a, bar you're going. DOWN i don't care how big of.
Speaker 2: A guy you, are going down. Fast. Yeah if you can get past, eight then then you are an experienced, drinker, right and an experience drinker and getting past like three or four you know WHAT i mean for, sure that's what that's my alonely thirty.
Speaker 1: Three they're trying to this guy off as some kind of, angel you, Know mormon dude or. Something AND i would argue that you have to have some experience doing a little drinking if you're throwing back to quila. Shots because you got to guess he's on a cruz going To mexico that he's probably said they're doing tequila.
Speaker 2: SHOTS i would bet that's part of the.
Speaker 1: Equation so, Well god bless. Him, man that's the way to go over the.
Speaker 2: Family but you, KNOW i, mean, look you brought up. Earlier at some, point you can't blame everybody for what. Happened you have a lot of personal responsibility wrapped up in, that and it's, unfortunate but that's the.
Speaker 4: Case.
Speaker 1: Okay, well in other, news rock crime related. News go to the police. Blotter since there we're just talking about this. Stuff this, HAPPENED i believe it. Was, YEAH i was a couple of days Before, thanksgiving and, hey look maybe a little early For christmas, caroling ain't gonna.
Speaker 2: Lie, yeah, question have you ever Been christmas caroling at any point in your?
Speaker 1: Life, Well, kime, well it is like a, joke a.
Speaker 4: Joke.
Speaker 34: Yeah we.
Speaker 1: Some friends of ours used to always have a bunch of us over to their house and, LIKE i don't remember if it Was Christmas eve a couple it was right Around, christmas but we would all one friend lived down the, street and then we would all get together there and then just walk up to his house because they only lived about five houses away or whatever it. Was so we would come and stand in front of the in front of his house and sing Like christmas carol or something until he'd come out and, say shut up getting.
Speaker 4: Here, yeah.
Speaker 13: But.
Speaker 1: Rock this happened In, Annapolis. Maryland so these three twelve year old, GIRLS i guess they, Decided, hey It's thanksgivings close enough To, christmas let's get everybody in the holiday. Spirit so these three little twelve year old girls go out and start singing Some christmas, carols well until they came To Paul susie's. House Mister susie fifty, eight was taken into custody In annapolis after he allegedly pointed a firearm at the three girls who were standing in front of his house Singing christmas.
Speaker 2: CAROLS i don't need Any christmas. Cirls no we're going to sing, anyway, Right, no you're.
Speaker 13: Not.
Speaker 1: Uh the police recovered a loaded forty cow glock from his. Home he was exhibiting loud and belligerent. Behavior when he was, questioned he did admit that he did point the gun at the. Girls so he's now facing big time assault, charge which is, weird some kind of menacing.
Speaker 2: Charge whoa, wha? Whoa where they were they good or are they? Annoying because if they're, annoying that's why he has a.
Speaker 1: Case, well if they were, bad then just shoot.
Speaker 2: Them MAYBE i shoot. Him i'm all for fire in a warning. SHOT a couple of rounds over, yeah two three feet over their. Head, yeah, No i'll get the.
Speaker 1: Message but another nicer news this happened In. Florida the police they are trying to solve the mystery behind some suspicious. Incidents it's around The orlando area between during one week in Late, november in seven separate, circumstances a mask man was captured on surveillance video get some people's ring cameras and, whatnot delivering piece a piece of wood and a dollar bill on front porches of. Homes what you would put a piece of wood and a dollar bill on their front. Porch, why no one. Knows the police call him the midnight. Stalker so the incidents are a little, unnerving that's uh blah blah. Blah one family did say the on their piece of. Wood it, said the midnight stalker is coming for The Palm coast and the police call it a nerving and they're gonna hunt down the midnight stock.
Speaker 2: What's the dollar? FOR i don't, know to pay the toll to the boat man or, whatever midnight stalk.
Speaker 1: Orwever you, know you don't, know And i'm, look illness is not, Funny but you don't know what goes on people's minds as they decide they're going to do stuff like.
Speaker 2: That, Right, yeah that's the. Thing maybe maybe this is like just some prank THAT i don't think is, funny but maybe he thinks it's, funny or maybe the guy's nuts or maybe he's really nuts and good harm. You, well that's the.
Speaker 1: Thing you never know when it's going to go from cute nuts to create to bad. Situation, yeah, right as opposed to firing squeezing off a few routes at some twelve hour, girls that's perfect to be, reasonable but, yes with, that we check in with traffic and, weather what's going.
Speaker 10: On