Speaker 1: Bonus Bucks is back on KFA. N you need a grand we have nine chances for you to win one thousand dollars every weekday. That's every hour from nine am until five pm to enter the keywords.
Speaker 2: Learn more of the KFA.
Speaker 1: Dot Com bonus Bucks is presented by big deck dot Com.
Speaker 3: Hi Benjamin, morning, guys.
Speaker 4: Luck at you, Luck at you, Boddy, thanks for thanks for wife swapping with us.
Speaker 3: Normally your Monday, Marnie's Tuesday.
Speaker 4: But we swapped because she played initials again kind of yesterday.
Speaker 3: But that puts you on Tuesday.
Speaker 5: I normally don't wife swap during the week right weekends. It's usually weekends. But you know, I feel like you guys have built up some equity. So it's Marnie.
Speaker 2: It's discipline, man. You know you've got discipline.
Speaker 3: This is from a t Olsen. Do you husband swap for the right guy? Yes?
Speaker 6: Speaking of that, I've just guys, I'm gonna make an AI video of Tommy no to Reese's Butterfingers sour Patch brill just to see what it does with Tommy.
Speaker 3: Well, I can guess it's gonna be an Asian kid trick.
Speaker 4: Or treat brit right, that's what your AI think, So that'll.
Speaker 3: Be cool and and Tommy will be excited about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't wait to see it.
Speaker 3: If you watch these ben not all of them. Chris is put.
Speaker 4: I saw the sauces, and do you see how he changed into an Asian person?
Speaker 3: So last week it was the opposite.
Speaker 7: Last week, A Hawk's video started with this, uh, this adorable Asian like college age kind of girl, and then at one point turned into like a middle aged white lady, and then right back to an Asian girl, but it was a different one, and then she got older.
Speaker 3: AI is just convinced we're all eventually going to be Asian.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because we will welcome to me.
Speaker 7: Let's do it's working for you.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure we're wanted. I'm not gonna let you do have to pa, That's what I'm saying. I think I'm gonna get no.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I don't know if a I is gonna be able to handle Tommy? What if? What if? What if? You input?
Speaker 4: Here's the song, here's what I want, here's a picture. Tommy and a I is like, no, no hard pass.
Speaker 6: Just suddenly I hear knocked at the door and I turned on and it's the fuzzy.
Speaker 3: Tommy shuts down.
Speaker 7: Tommy will square off against you Friday in quarterfinal number five.
Speaker 3: He'll be your first Thursday as well. Take on days and lawyer Lambert and Julia.
Speaker 6: All right, you know what, it's time for the news. But our top story is gonna have nothing to do with news because our main man is here.
Speaker 3: That's rights with Chris Hockey. That's right, Paul.
Speaker 2: All of that is correct.
Speaker 6: Saints Baseball dot Com is the website. That's Saints Baseball dot Com. Get on down to hs Field, my main man, John bumps up there, love chs Field. He did not go to Doggy Day, though, did you?
Speaker 8: I did go to dogt at Doggie Dan at the as well, call Culpeppers Man Waller hit a home run.
Speaker 5: It was great.
Speaker 2: I went to Reverse Cowboy Day.
Speaker 5: You take there, Tommy.
Speaker 6: I'm surprised you didn't Military Day, uh seven o seven on the fourth day of August your next home game versus the Louisville Bats for your Saints. Saints Baseball dot Com, thank you, Saint Paul, Saints Ben Yes, Jamal Adams.
Speaker 2: Yes, what are your thought?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Okay, so, uh, I don't know what that was.
Speaker 3: Singular thoughts.
Speaker 5: Okay, here's the thing. I only have one singular thought. I'm intrigued. I don't. I am a little confused, definitely intrigued. I didn't have some time last night to watch a few games of his with the Raiders last night. And yes, it is true that he played linebacker last year. Does it seem like a natural fit for him? No, I don't think so. Does he play well, well, I'll put it this way. He was mostly an outside linebacker. I saw somebody post last night that you know, he spent this number of snaps and Nickel as the nickel slot guide. I'm like, well, kind of. You know, when he's he's an outside linebacker and you're adjusted out on a number two receiver, you're not necessarily a nickel. It's not necessarily a subpackage. But I think that's the intrigue with him, is that you don't have to swap all these defensive personnels to match the offensive personnel because he can show the acumen to play linebacker. But he also knows how to play in space as a safety and a defensive back, So you know, he is sort of that second level hybrid linebacker defensive back. Do I think that he plays downhill off the block like a linebacker should very well. No, I don't. He doesn't use his hands very well. He shoulders a lot of blocks. Is he going to be you know, is he going to look like Blake Cashman or Eric Wilson? I don't think so. Do those guys have to worry? I don't think so. So It's like if those two guys now barring, we don't know, maybe there's some stuff going on behind the scenes injury wise. If those go those two guys are true inside linebackers, I don't think that they have anything to worry about. He's not a true a gap B gap in the box linebacker. If you're Josh Mattellus, do you have to worry that he's going to come take your spot? No, Because he didn't show a lot of playing in space deep safety stuff. You didn't see him coming down to the lion scrimmage and a lot of Harrison Smith type of stuff. You didn't see him rocking and rolling pre snap with a line of scrimmage and rolling back and playing deep safety and all this other stuff. He wasn't a trigger guy for that defense. And secondarily, he only played like what a third of the snaps. Yeah, so he's not he's not a heavy personnel guy. If a team comes out in heavy personnel means us.
Speaker 3: Then he's not.
Speaker 5: He's not in the game. If if they're in true eleven ten personnel and you have like true dying personnel out there, he's not in that package either. He's not carrying guys at the seam. I didn't see a ton of man of man coverage with him. So that's why I'm like, I'm intrigued. Like he can blitz off the edge, he blitzes off that's you know, kind of think about that overhang. You know, a just down number two receiver, disguise, disguise and then a snap of the ball, he'll come. He'll come off the edge and make a play. But how many times are you gonna do that? And how many times are you gonna tip your hand defensively if that's where if that's all he's gonna do for you. So I'm intrigued. I'm guessing that we didn't. Probably we don't have to pay him a lot of money. I definitely think that we need a veteran presence. So is this a Terrence Newman sort of situation where he comes in as just kind of the rock that maybe we need emotionally and from a leadership standpoint, and he's just there to give us a few snaps, you know, stay fresh throughout the game. But I don't see him coming in to like replace anybody.
Speaker 6: Can I ask you a question in regards all that, why did they put him in linebacker?
Speaker 5: I think that he's becoming a little bit limited in in coverage in space, you know, I mean, you gotta be able to, you know, man, turn a guy going up the seam. You got to be able to change directions of safety and play a little bit better in space, a little bit more fluidity that part of his game. I thought he's definitely showing his age in just that that neeband the flexibility, the mobility, the change of direction. Just not obviously the same player that he was when he was a three time pro bowler? Is he? Yet?
Speaker 8: You make it sound like he's got enough flexibility, like the kind of guy that I would think Flores likes guys with flexibility who can play a little bit of this and a little bit of that. And now you don't know how I'm going to use him, you know, in the same way you're calling intriguing, the quarterback of the other side is looking and going, what's he doing out here?
Speaker 3: I got to keep tracking. Is that accurate or is that no?
Speaker 5: That is I think that is very accurate that it's you've got another tool. You've got another dynamic tool to use for your defense. And I think one of the biggest things for a lot of these defenses, you know, you know Leslie Fraser talked about this during the Super Bowl. They defensively look for at Seattle, which is where Nolan Teasley came from and Trent Kershner came from. That they're looking for positionless. They're trying to get away from labels, and they're just saying, is this guy an athlete in an asset and can he play defense and or offense? Can he block? Can he tackle? Can you do those things? And if he can play multiple roles, then we'll find it. We'll find some space for him. So yes, I think based off the philosophy that we've heard from Seattle, the familiarity that they have with him already having spent time in Seattle, I think this is just another dynamic tool that they can use. They'll find a place to plug him in. It'll be spotty. I think it'll be certain packages. I think that he can play safety. I think he can play linebacker because he played at the same level that he did six years ago. Seven years ago. I don't think so, but I still think, yes, it's a nice tool to have, and I think the leadership will be important.
Speaker 4: Torn Labram in twenty twenty one, torn quad in twenty twenty two, and again in that kind of three or four year window, he just missed a ton of games and arguably hasn't been the same since.
Speaker 3: That's where he had a.
Speaker 4: Really short stint with the Titans, or really short stint with the Lions, and then played last year, like you said, in limited time with the Raiders.
Speaker 3: Played in all the games, but just like a third of the snaps.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean when you're When I was going through the film, it was, I mean a whole series. I'm just fast forty, Like, I don't see thirty three out there at all. Don't see hi, don't see him, don't see him, do't see him. So it was actually kind of a quick review.
Speaker 4: Either way, when we see the actual contract, my guess is it's going to be like you said, it's going to be a one year deal for almost no money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's my guess, right.
Speaker 3: So low investment, high reward potentially.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 3: I mean, what do we have to lose.
Speaker 2: We have no death fun, big name, you know, for sure, possibilities.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 6: Again, like I said earlier in the show, Ben, we didn't expect big things out of Eric Wilson when we brought him in.
Speaker 3: But no, there he was, I.
Speaker 5: Know, and he got himself a nice another little extension, and he looks like he is flourishing in the b flow defense.
Speaker 2: I don't know that I call him a free I wouldn't call him that. He cut stone kidding me.
Speaker 5: I mean, the guy with the shirt off is a free I mean, calm down, then.
Speaker 6: Corey, Yes, sir, there's no way around it. That man is built like a brick blank house.
Speaker 8: Remember remember when he said the word, he said a blank house.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite moments.
Speaker 3: The word brick ye.
Speaker 5: Word.
Speaker 3: Remember when he yelled put the lotion and.
Speaker 2: He said the word we had fun.
Speaker 3: I'd killed for that audience.
Speaker 2: We had fun.
Speaker 3: Somebody's got he just yells the F word. The upper motion in the basket.
Speaker 2: All right, there's the dumb button.
Speaker 7: All right, sausage sports after this, Ben Lever is here, John Bonus is here.
Speaker 3: It's a Tuesday in the Power To Morning Joy.
Speaker 6: Here on the pan, it's Chris Hockey the Partrip Morning Show. Hey, welcome back, Patrick Morning Show seven twenty two. And Ben Lever's over there with Johnny Beans, Bonds Bones, and we've got lots of things to talk about.
Speaker 2: Not just Vikings because it is Viking season.
Speaker 6: It's official, ladies and gentlemen. The rookies are in camp, so we can say it now. Thank everybody else reports today as well. Sure tomorrow's camp camp.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Right now it's time for sports sports.
Speaker 3: It's time for Fan five on the Power.
Speaker 6: Trip, brought to you by Circa Casino and Circa Casino dot Com. Let's go number eighteen through twenty third the live broadcast the anniversary celebration at Circa. Get your tickets now and get your room now for the Power To twenty fifteen versary. Ben will be there, my main man, Johnny Bones will be there and the rest of us as well.
Speaker 2: Let's be giddy up as right.
Speaker 4: Yes November, we're turning twenty five years old. First show in Twinity's radio history to go twenty five straight years.
Speaker 3: Pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Search up first first search.
Speaker 9: Woh, that's fantastic, hey, Ben, Since you're not going to be there on Sunday, any interest in doing like a stadium swim pool party on Thursday night?
Speaker 3: My god esus, it's.
Speaker 2: Of course everybody's asking. I mean, Zach and Tommy trying.
Speaker 5: To sell more trips. Calm down, did email or just emailing? Oh yeah that was my Yeah, not friend fan fan of the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go ahead, Ben, Well, I.
Speaker 5: Was gonna say it's possible, Zacho. You know, I haven't looked at my I haven't looked at the actual flight schedule, and I'll be able to pull off, but I probably will be there later on Thursday night.
Speaker 3: Cool sauce.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was just told via text.
Speaker 4: That some people pretty high up the ladder at iHeart are currently listening to this show. No pressure me, Yeah, I mean it's your turn. There are higher ups currently tuning in right now. They're tooting right now. Yes, they wanted to see what all the hypees about. So the floor is yours and the fate of this show is possibly in your hands.
Speaker 5: My hands.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean this is when they're listening, so it's not like we got to pick.
Speaker 10: They just tuned in. They're listening right now, right now. Multiple higher ups go. The Twins start.
Speaker 9: Today at six forty battle the Terrible Royals at Target Field.
Speaker 3: Taj Bradley will be your pitcher for the Twins.
Speaker 9: Your Minnesota Twins are one game back of the final wild card spot in the American League. They trail the the Guardians, the Red Sox, and the Yankees, who have about a six and a half game lead on that first wild card spot. For baseball today.
Speaker 2: How long are you gonna toss the.
Speaker 6: Question everybody's asking for baseball bonus your thoughts.
Speaker 3: They are one game under five hundred.
Speaker 8: It would be nice to be five hundred, and they have got a real shot at it today with Taz brad Lay in the mountain. It's been pretty good last start. Notwithstanding, they have six games here before the trade deadline. Taking two out of three here would be a big step forward. I think they are in a position right now where if they had to make the decision today, they would probably be buyers light buyers at the trade deadline, maybe picking up a couple of bullpen arms. They're not it is not the trade deadline. They do not have to make that decision today. So it's critical that they take two out of three from the Royals, and they're in a good position to do so. The Royals or seventeen games under five hundred, and the Twins are sending their three starters who are probably be the three guys who would start a playoff playoff games for them right now.
Speaker 3: So this is their chance.
Speaker 8: Let's take you out to three or three, go three and one themselves in a real spot to compete for August and September.
Speaker 2: Let's do this.
Speaker 9: The MLB trade deadline is on the following or soon to be Monday, at five o'clock.
Speaker 3: The following or soon to be Monday. People say sixty next.
Speaker 2: Monday, Oh next okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, as in next.
Speaker 4: Monday, yeah, next Monday, following or soon to be five o'clock.
Speaker 5: Bonus your thoughts.
Speaker 3: I would like to see the Truands to be buyers. It is not.
Speaker 8: It does not require them to make significant moves to be able to compete for a postseason spot. All they have to do is probably pick up a couple of relievers, maybe a back of the rotation starter and that's not going to cost you a top five prospect.
Speaker 2: It's not going to cost you a top ten prospect.
Speaker 8: It's going to cost you, you know, the twelfth, fifteenth, and eighteenth prospect in your system. And they can afford it. They've got one of the stronger farm systems in Major League Baseball, and this is the time to to leverage that and give yourselves a chance.
Speaker 4: Ben Lieber, two time Pro Bowl defensive tackle Vita Vea has requested a trade from Tampa after talks about a contract extension failed.
Speaker 3: Didn't Hawk have Vita Vea in the eighties. It's like dueling meat sauces. Ben, Your thoughts, uh my thought?
Speaker 5: My thought of thoughts?
Speaker 3: Thought, that's.
Speaker 5: Listening to the Hawks would love Vita Vella. Outstanding football player. Uh is on the other side of thirty, it would be it would cost you for sure. I mean, it is a trade and he's not a free agent. So what are you willing to give up? I don't think that we're in that. I don't think we're in that market to give up draft picks or certainly not players. And then if you if you trade for him, then you got to give him a fat contract because he's because that's the reason why he wants out of Tampa is he's got zero money guaranteed on the last year of his deal, and he wants some guaranteed money. See, what are you willing to give this guy? What a three year extension? Two year extension, fully guaranteed. No, I just don't think that we're going to be buyers in this situation. But love the player. It's like a dollar an hour.
Speaker 9: The Vets report today to training camp, and that means every team will be in training camp by the end of today. In the NFL Hall of Fame Game, Hogs Daddy is a week from some say next Thursday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I can't wait. Let's see here, we talked a lot about it.
Speaker 9: But you if I can sign Jamal Adams to play linebackers, slash safety, slash something. He's thirty, he played for the Raiders last season. He is a former three time Pro Bowl player, and he will most likely be in camp today.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, No, I.
Speaker 5: Don't think he's going to play basketball.
Speaker 2: He might, he might, he might.
Speaker 5: Yeah, another quick recap on what I just mentioned the last segment, But yeah, I think a multi tool player that I think beflow is gonna have fun trying to like put in his defense. You know, it's it's a curious signing. I don't see him as like supplanting anybody as a starting starting position. I don't think any of the linebackers have anything to worry about. I don't even think in the safety is everything to worry about. I think he's a leadership guy, a multi tool guy, and we'll see what they do with him.
Speaker 9: On a sad note, Mia b Enemy, Eric Bienemy's wife yesterday was allegedly shot by the couple's son.
Speaker 3: She is in stable condition.
Speaker 5: Do we know the motivation behind that? I did not read the full story. I always saw the headline.
Speaker 9: No, but he's been arrested in charge with a malicious wounding, use of a firearm and commission of a felony and discharge of a firearm inside of a dwelling.
Speaker 5: But not attempted murder.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: That's not what it says. That's interesting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, any article I've scanned and doesn't say any anything by it. Do you remember when the the young gentleman I believe, did he murder his girlfriend then went to the parking lot. Yeah, and it was the Chiefs then too, right, yes, oh yeah, the linebacker, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Where he committed suicide.
Speaker 2: They yeah, that was that was not the enemy? Was it the coach that came out? Who was the coach that came out to try to talk about it?
Speaker 3: Do you remember?
Speaker 5: You know what it may have been? I look at it, look it up because I just totally forgot about that story.
Speaker 3: That just uh yeah that, I mean, that was terrible. I've forgotten.
Speaker 5: Just horrible.
Speaker 4: Chiefs said, they've had a weird run, even though they've had this dynasty essentially for what however long Mahomes has been in the league, so got to be coming up on ten years. But man, they've had four or five really unfortunate tragic stories, right even.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah Joe Vard Belcher, Yeah, Jovoncember one, twenty twelve, twenty twelve.
Speaker 4: It was that far back? Wow, damn dude. Well, I would not have guessed that it was fourteen years ago. So the enemy wasn't there fourteen years ago?
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 7: God.
Speaker 5: I heard that story though, and obviously there was there was somebody there that I have a connection with. And now I'm trying to scramble my brain, but yeah, dude, it was somebody was literally in front of him trying to talk him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a coach, like a well known coach, and I.
Speaker 5: Think I think the story goes once Javonne was like, nah, man, there's no talking out of this, right. I think he ended up walking away. He did not do it right in front of everybody. He walked away like behind a car and did it. So they just basically, you know, heard the gunshot. I mean, he didn't walk like, you know, two hundred yards away. He walked you know, probably fifty paces and did it. But you know they were still there when they you know.
Speaker 2: Romeo Crenell, that's what it was.
Speaker 3: Is that who it was?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Romeo Crenell. Right, yeah, Oh goodness, sorry to bring that up. I just yeah, yeah, another Chiefs thing that's like jus them.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the Linx Battle of the Tempo tonight at side know that, honey, they are fifteen and a half point favorites.
Speaker 6: Did you think he didn't know that that Rosy didn't know that, because it sounds like he doubted him.
Speaker 3: Toronto's got a hell of a team though, who do they have?
Speaker 4: Vagaar and Sea Smoke and Sunfire and Sheep stealer.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: And Doug Collins.
Speaker 3: Doug Collins, Doug Collins birthday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dick ever saw Wow. Yeah, he's good. Seventy nine.
Speaker 6: Still plays like he's sixty nine though. I mean, oh yeah, nice, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Afro man a man because he got hot.
Speaker 2: He's sure dead. We're talking about we're talking about basket of baseball.
Speaker 3: I don't remember. Text back, yes, tell them they're listening to the right show. They are one.
Speaker 5: They are.
Speaker 3: Listening to the Power Trip. Tell them and serious apology.
Speaker 5: I don't apologies or condolences.
Speaker 3: I covered all the stuff you did, stuff anything else. Stuff that's I mean, that's if your.
Speaker 2: Last name is Kane, you can't name your son Harry.
Speaker 3: Oh unless you're really good at soccer.
Speaker 2: Though, and he is very good at But his name is Harry Kane.
Speaker 5: How about Richard Kane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that seems more manly.
Speaker 3: That was a girl. What if it's Candy Cane?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: If that isn't the fastest path to the strip club, I.
Speaker 6: Don't know what she was a pornographer, Candy Cane, Candy Cane, she was two k's who's that lady?
Speaker 5: You as.
Speaker 3: To bring in Christy.
Speaker 2: Canyon got got got the fact?
Speaker 5: How quick that rolled off your tongue? Was her name?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 5: Just on the front of your brain?
Speaker 2: She always is on the tip of your brain, my brain.
Speaker 6: Listen, yeah, listen. And I'm doing this for the big Bosser's listening right now. I'm a wealth of knowledge when it comes to pornographers. Well, they are artists, they are Yeah, it's film, is it not?
Speaker 3: How about this story?
Speaker 2: The French ain't are cool with it?
Speaker 10: Am I?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? How about this? Ohio State is entering a new corporate partnership with JP Morgan Chase that includes Jersey patches for all thirty six Ohio State teams, and it's going to make them about seventeen million per year.
Speaker 2: Well, I speak for everybody when I say care.
Speaker 5: It's like a dollar an hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a dollar an hour.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 9: Well, I just want the corporate people to know I'm not going to break a lot of stories, but I'm gonna be on top of them.
Speaker 4: How far away are we from the you know when they put the stickers on the helmets? Yeah, then it just ends up being a brand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like probably not far just a logo in the middle of the Buckeye. Yeah, it's like how many how many sacks does that guy have?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Let's se how many caney at combos he has listed on his helmet. What if he's got a target field?
Speaker 6: Many and Paul are both wearing Victoria's Secret paints.
Speaker 3: You need a lot of help.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to do for the bosses.
Speaker 3: Tommy just bought season takes. Tommy's gonna sit the outfield and not watch the game.
Speaker 5: He just texted, keep going.
Speaker 3: Who else can we put in dresses at the baseball stadium?
Speaker 2: I'm an idea, guy, Ben, There's no such thing as a bad idea.
Speaker 5: Thank you, I say, just keep it flowing.
Speaker 3: What are they going to be wearing? Mini skirts?
Speaker 2: Victoria's Secret? I an idea that sounds like it might stick.
Speaker 7: I think, Tommy, I think Tommy once accidentally saw this movie.
Speaker 4: But it was on this day in nineteen ninety three that Robin Hood Men in Tights was released.
Speaker 5: Oh, Tommy, what a great movie.
Speaker 3: It is a really great movie. It's dude from a dude carry Alis.
Speaker 2: Thank you? Yeah, hand cool and Chappelle, Car Chappelle, Yeah, it's right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's an actress.
Speaker 3: And a very young Dave Chappelle.
Speaker 9: I would guess you've never texted somebody quicker than you texted Tenna that day.
Speaker 3: Immediately, immediately, I'm like, he is the leading princess. Brian Rosie said it was an actress.
Speaker 5: She's an actress.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you're welcome. What about she's an actress for a state fair teacher.
Speaker 5: She's an actress.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then it would just be Chris referencing Cca. Yeah, and she wants to swing from a chandelier he's in. Yeah, he'd watch that.
Speaker 2: She's probably ninety.
Speaker 3: So your Mike.
Speaker 4: I do love that this is technically technically a sports show. We can be like Chris who was on the Dream Team.
Speaker 7: You're like, I don't know Scott Skiles and Afroman, but we're like, hey, what's that point? You are the chat gptforn and know almost nothing about sports.
Speaker 6: I'm an I'm not an expert in much, but I have my specialties exactly.
Speaker 3: Man, you just gotta have passions in life.
Speaker 2: You gotta have passions. And I am passionate about pornographers.
Speaker 5: How do you still seek it? I don't even know.
Speaker 3: If I ever e K A S E KA, it'll autot feel if you go on any one.
Speaker 2: Of these, probably about one thirty five.
Speaker 3: Just hold on, she's what five?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: Five nine? Probably about one thirty five?
Speaker 3: Huge, Yeah, she's a seventy two.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, Paul, Your hand.
Speaker 3: Is up and it should be down. That's the dumbest question you've ever asked. Seventy two Do you have any Are you nuts? Currct? Yeah, here's one. Come over here, yeah, I do? Oh well again, like you know what Chris always says over here?
Speaker 7: You know, Chris always says he's into old people porn because he's old. Guess what if Chris is fifty five and you're fifty five, right, if you're fifty five and she's seventy two, Yeah, then from the day he has known she's been alive or that she exists. Yeah, there's been a seventeen year gap that hasn't changed at all.
Speaker 3: No, right, she wrote a book.
Speaker 4: Every second of Chris's adult life. It's only been a seventeen year gap. That doesn't change when you get older.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 2: It's weird. As I was about to say, she could have been my teacher, but she kind of was.
Speaker 3: All right, hold on, I'm going to send you this long hold on.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at her pictures right now.
Speaker 3: The thing is this is her recently times a bit.
Speaker 2: There are some pictures where she's kind of scary.
Speaker 6: Yeah, right, I might seek a look at my wife that would fall sway?
Speaker 3: Did she as opposed to attract?
Speaker 5: Did she do abuse porn? Because I feel like in some of these, like short haircuts, she could just kick the crap out of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he likes all that. What it is picture, that's that's current.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's okay, you're in right, she would.
Speaker 5: Would type, she would whip you.
Speaker 3: Oh she's in Yeah, that would persuade you treated like trash.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, Yeah, yeah, look at him.
Speaker 5: Her haircut.
Speaker 3: There's only one person in the photos.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's so mad, so mad.
Speaker 2: She's so mad because she saw me pamphlets.
Speaker 3: Oh so many times.
Speaker 2: Yeash, I gotta saw dump this search. How many times have you said that?
Speaker 4: The best version of that ever is our guest on Thursdays about having to try.
Speaker 3: To change an algorithm. Oh my god, it's the funniest thing of all time, I know. All right, Vikings News.
Speaker 4: In a second, we'll talk a little bit more about Jamal Adams.
Speaker 3: We'll ask Ben about training camp and more. This is the Power Time winning show on the Fan.
Speaker 2: News on the Power Trip, presented by your.
Speaker 6: Tragcore Trudy Sssory Pros.
Speaker 2: You gotta believe that it's happening.
Speaker 3: It's happening. It is a report day, right, the roster reports today.
Speaker 4: Nolan Teasley and Kevin O'Connell with a press conference today. I think Flores talks tomorrow. First, uh, first camp day open to the public is Saturday, and go watch the squad on Saturday. Already, Sauce, you were asking him this off air, and I even saw Schefter and others debating this this morning non ESPN. Ideally, since we don't have a starting quarterback named, how quickly do you think Koc and company name one of the two starting quarterbacks.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm your timetable.
Speaker 5: After the second preseason game, probably going into that third preseason game.
Speaker 4: So you think they're gonna present game number one? Is that the battle is still on. It's not just a camp battle. We want to see game action between the two and then maybe preseason game number two.
Speaker 3: They say this is SO and So's job.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think what I heard this theory or hear that's this thrown out there a couple of months ago. That game one, it'll look something like Kyler first half, McCarthy second half, will flip flop game two. So then JJ will play with the starters in this in the first half, Kyler gets a second half, and then it's kind of like, all right, well, let's let's see who looked the best. And then obviously you add in what they did in practice. You added, you know what they're going to do against? Was it the Ravens that come in town? So that'll be a huge thing to see what they what those two do in practice against those defenses that that may right there be if one of those guys clearly is the better quarterback and that joint practice, that might solidify the whole thing right there.
Speaker 3: So do you think do you think Brosmer is just one hundred percent of practice squad?
Speaker 10: Dude?
Speaker 4: Yes, unless they, like Sauce has been speculated, Unless they move whoever loses the starting quarterback job. Like let's say theoretically they give it to Kyler and JJ's like, can you just get me out of here?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 4: And it's Kyler Murray starter Wentz is the backup Brosmer is the third.
Speaker 3: Could you see that or is that ye?
Speaker 6: Like that?
Speaker 5: I mean, I think that's the That's the catch to all this is whoever isn't named the starter, how do they take the news? What's their reaction. I have a feeling if McCarthy's named the starter, which I still put at a pretty slim margin, but if by chance he wins the starting job, I could see Kyler being like, peace out due, Yeah, for sure, you got to get me out of here. And he wants a fresh start. He wants to start. I mean, this is a proven year for him, whether he's with the Vikings or somebody else. He wants a long term extension, another long term deal, a chance to run a franchise. And I wouldn't fault him for that, so, but I don't think that that's going to happen. It'll be interesting to see what McCarthy does if he happens to lose the spot, and if they keep him invested emotionally and mentally and they say like, look, man, this is that this is not completely determine your fate here with Minnesota. We're still going to need you throughout the season. This is a chance for you to grow in a lot of different ways. If he buys into that, then Brosmer is one hundred percent of practice squad guy.
Speaker 3: How much longer do they have him under team control because it'll be.
Speaker 5: Third year, you know they exercise that fifth year option, which you know they have that they have that right, it's not a foregone conclusion. So if they trigger that, then it's two more years beyond this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that fifty years a lot of money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have to be extremely established basically take that ye right one year after this and then you know if the other thing that they have is they don't have any twenty twenty seven guarantees right because I mean they'll have McCarthy on the roster.
Speaker 9: But if if Kyler is outstanding, and we've talked about, why would he sign in October November with this team. If he's great, he's going to go to the he's going to go to the open market, and he's going to get a lot of money. So then you're back to McCarthy and Brosmur and Wentz again. Like the twenty twenty seven is going to be a real interesting season quarterback wise because they can't tag Kyler there if he if JJ doesn't play at all this year, then he's a year removed from not playing. You don't know what you got in. You know in Brosemary, it's going to be real interesting next season as well.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: I think with a lot of this, clearly there's going to be a lot of really smart front office people and coaches they're going to weigh on this decision with Kyler. The one thing with all of it it is, what are the two guys from Seattle think. I mean, they had a chance to watch him for seven years, and he wasn't very successful against Seattle ever.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 5: It's I think. I mean me personally, if I saw one particular player play in our division for seven years and you clearly do your evaluations on all the opposing players, and you're doing your evaluations after seven years, I would think that your mind's pretty much made up. Now you have to come in with an open mind and say, Okay, new system, a new head coach, you have different weapons. It seems like a much healthier organization. Is this a place where he thrives? We already saw KOC do this with Sam Darnold, So let's keep an open mind. But in the back of your head, aren't you just kind of like, I know who this guy is. I have talked to all the guys in Arizona. I know what he's like behind the scenes. I know what he's like from a leadership standpoint, I know what he's like from all this that like, if those are all negative demerits, that's a hard thing in a couple months to turn around and do a complete one eighty to the guy that's ultimately is gonna decide your fate.
Speaker 8: Is it possible that they've been looking at him, going, boy, he's really good players just in a bad system or a bad team or something. But you don't think that's the case. You think that's the opposite. You think they think, No, he's just a guy who's never really panned out.
Speaker 5: No, that's the thing. I guess that's the that's the the part of the equation that we don't know and they will never release publicly how they how they felt about him in Seattle, of course, but that is that is a really I mean, that's a major cog in this thing. It's like, we just picked up two front office guys from Seattle that had a chance to see him in the division for a lot a lot of years and they talk to a lot of people, so they they know who he is.
Speaker 7: Yeah, whether it's McCarthy or Marie, that's probably Murray. Can you imagine if let's say we have.
Speaker 4: Josh Allen, Patrick, Mahomes, whatever, pick your top flight quarterback. You have Jefferson Addison and Juwan Jennings.
Speaker 3: And d J.
Speaker 7: Hawkins, Howkinson too, But I'm specifically that wide receiver group.
Speaker 3: That's a group that should put up giant numbers if you have an adequate or above adequate quarterback. Yeah, right, giant numbers. You should, You really should.
Speaker 4: So, like, not a lot of excuses for Murray or McCarthy if they can't figure it out with this offensive line, hopefully it's healthy. You still got Aaron Jones, you got Hawkinson.
Speaker 3: We don't have CJ.
Speaker 2: Hamm.
Speaker 4: That's going to be a slightly different thing. We got the new kid, Fretison, the rookie, but still that's not a super huge part of the offense. But CJ has been a rock for years. No excuses for either.
Speaker 5: No, if the offensive line is healthy and they remain intact, those five guys and I have all the confidence with that Brandell is going to be really good at center good. He's been phenomenal with every spot that he's been put in, and I just think that if he has a whole off season to learn that one position is really focusing on being the guy, I think he's gonna do really well. All that being said, if all five of those guys remain intact, then there's no major injuries. You have no excuses. You have zero excuses. Hawkinson's going to be hopefully back to more of an explosive self after coming out with that knee injury. You have all those weapons you talked about, you have even more. I mean, demon Claiborne sounds like he could be in the mix maybe quite early in the offense, especially with this new run scheme from Frank Smith. Seems like it's tailor made more for him. So dude, you, I mean, whoever's playing quarterback, you better put up really good numbers and really move the football and be able to score a lot of points.
Speaker 2: Didn Kyler play under center at all? I can in college?
Speaker 5: At all?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: In college?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: No, okay, I mean I asked because Alex Lewis's article came out this morning five am. The very last couple of paragraphs talk about him doing most of his play from shotgun in Arizona.
Speaker 2: Do we meet in the middle there?
Speaker 3: Do do we?
Speaker 2: Is he under center more? Is he going to be more shotgun? What do you think? Well, he's gonna have to. I mean that is that is the.
Speaker 5: That's another part we're going to watch during training camp because I don't think that KOs is gonna He's not going to change his offense just for him, Because if you want to make this an equal competition, then I don't think that the same strengths that Kyler Murray had is the same strengths that Jaj McCarthy had. So how do you call your plays to fit their strengths but then also have a fair competition. Kyler Murray under Cliff Kingsbury was over ninety percent shotgun. Under Drew Petsing, he was maybe a little bit more fifty to fifty and he didn't do that bad. He looked pretty good. I mean, it is more pro style offense. It was a lot of quick throws. They weren't asking him to go through a lot of progressions and really push the ball down the field. I know that Steve Smith's came out and basically dogged him and said he's just a checkdown quarterback. There is some validation of that, but checkdown and short passes are different. Checkdowns are I don't see one, two and three read. Nothing is opening up for me down the field. I check it down for the safe play. What Drew Petsing had him doing was much more of the quick game.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 5: The first and second read were within zero to eight yards. Well, he's getting the ball out in a primary read. It's underneath. It's not a checkdown. That's just quick passing game. And it was from under center. A lot of you know, fifty to fifty, So you know how much how much KOs is going to use him under center, bootlegs, use him out in space, all that stuff. That'll be interesting. I don't know, because Kyler is still a work in progress when it comes to making reads under center and making reads where he's going to turn his back and play action. He's he misses the defense for a second or two, and then he's got to flip his head back around and reassess the defense and where his receivers are. That'll be a huge challenge for him.
Speaker 6: And Alec made that point in the article. He's talking about how the offense had to be changed because they lost their running back in like week three, so they had to do a lot more just quick passes.
Speaker 2: So, like you said, they weren't checkdowns. That was a designed play. He was running the play correct.
Speaker 5: He's running the offense the way it's supposed to be run.
Speaker 3: It's it was.
Speaker 5: It was not a downfield offense with him. Now, is that just Drew Petsen's style or is that because of the limitations you found with Kyler Murray?
Speaker 3: Good question, Well, it's a good question.
Speaker 6: There are lots of questions, but the answers are about to happen because they report today.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, man, we report on reporting. That's what we do here. Nobody in the town sending.
Speaker 6: Johnny Bones down there today to report on them reporting. We're going down, going down, He's going down.
Speaker 3: Reporters.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you say things like it's pandemonium here, sauce on the street, remember, Oh yeah, Now it's Bones on boulevards.
Speaker 3: Bones on the boulevard. Ye, good for you, Bones.
Speaker 5: Sure.
Speaker 4: When Marnie's normally here on Tuesdays, This is normally the portion of the show where we mentioned that she likes surfside shout out to surf side.
Speaker 3: My guess is she had a handful yesterday, a lot of troubles yesterday.
Speaker 6: No idea has no initials. Bringing in movie jockey shocking to her too. She was, she was like she'd seen Bigfoot after the show. Yeah, I don't know why I said that. She did look shocked.
Speaker 2: She did.
Speaker 3: Hey, man, it happens.
Speaker 2: It happens.
Speaker 3: You just don't want it to happen in the tournament, but it happened in the tournament.
Speaker 5: Think she ratchet up the clues.
Speaker 7: Yesterday was extremely tough Amelia Drew. I think maybe the toughest packing in round one.
Speaker 3: And that was a bad draw. By the way, let's go back to Friday. How about you nailing the guests.
Speaker 7: You guess Elizabeth would get three, and it's exactly what she got a guest.
Speaker 5: But now we're tied. You know, now in the wild card.
Speaker 3: You might you might both get into round two with a wild card. We'll see.
Speaker 4: So far the wild card number is three. We'll see what happened three. Yeah, Well, there's a handful of you. There's almost too many that have three.
Speaker 2: Be a wild card. If you get zero, no, you cannot money big.
Speaker 4: Foot and already the debate I've seen online and I ran into a guy at the ball that's like.
Speaker 3: You gotta have Marnie back next year. I'm like, I don't know, man. There's people that are.
Speaker 4: Going like, absolutely not, she got zero. Other people are like, yeah, you gotta change the rule. You gotta have Marnie back. She sponsored. And I'm like, well, time will tell, I will tell, man, you missed minor league yesterday.
Speaker 3: Well nobody got it. I know, but that's your wheelhouse. Yeah, it was clues for I'm blaming the ClueMaker.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: Probably not the best idea if I'm looking for hoping for my wild cards, but be better.
Speaker 5: Yeah, why don't you suck up?
Speaker 3: To uh fan? Five of the second headlines later, John Bonus and Ben Lieber.
Speaker 4: Here this is the Power Trio Morning jo on the thing from the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by Minnesota Kids Rise dot org