Speaker 1: We always love having Greg stebin join us our business Insider. You can follow him on blue sky at Greg g r E g G Steven ste b asn't boy bas and boy e n all Right, a couple of articles before we get going with Greg. Earlier this week, Doug McMillan, who is the CEO of Walmart, had this to say about AI. And we're talking a lot about AI. He says, maybe there's a job in the world that AI won't change, but I haven't thought of it yet. Meanwhile, over at Forbes, a very different sort of take an article called how small Businesses are really Using AI? So, Greg Steben, what can we learn from these two extreme views about artificial intelligence?
Speaker 2: Well, so, the interesting thing is Walmart is throwing a lot of money at AI. And if you're wondering, like, where's the job growth opportunity? And I know we've talked about this before, it's AI. Learn to use AI. Learn to make what are called agents, be an AI consultants, whether on your own or inside of your company, so that you're the person they call when they want to make something happen using an AI platform, or maybe even deciding which AI platform should we use? So that's in the world of Walmart. They have lots of money to throw at it, and they, I'm sure believe that by spending a lot of money on AI, it will give them a competitive advantage over somebody I don't know who, maybe Amazon, maybe you with a storefront in Cincinnati. Small business. This is the Forbes article. They interviewed a bunch of small business owners and it's exactly the opposite. It couldn't be more different. The small business owners are saying, yeah, it's it's like a little better Google Search. Maybe it saves me ten minutes a day.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I would listen to the ten minutes a day part really carefully because one of the questions you want to ask yourself is for them to get it to save them ten minutes a day, how many hours did they spend or get someone to spend making it save ten minutes? Did they invest ten hours to get ten minutes? And how much time? And do they This happened to me yesterday. I like said, oh, I'm going to see if I can make AI do this thing that.
Speaker 4: I do every day.
Speaker 2: I download some information from a website. I spent two hours trying to make it save me five minutes a day.
Speaker 4: Yep, yep.
Speaker 2: You know we've all been down that rabbit hole, right, so you know, and here's the thing, they're both right. That's what's interesting. You have to figure out for yourself in my life, my career, my business, whatever. You got to look at your circumstances and say, what's the right approach to this to save ten minutes a day? Or does my business or my career warrant throwing everything at this like Walmart is and making the most of it because it's going to be a game changer and no one will know except you. Only you can evaluate your circumstancestances to determine what the right way to approach it is right now. And I say right now because in three months or a year, it might change it it will change again.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: You know the thing is, though, Greg, I mean when you're talking about Walmart, man, I mean you are talking about basically a military force of people who could go do this stuff for you, right as opposed to you know, me who owns the main street fill in the blank whatever the business might be. Right, So, I mean it's almost apples and oranges in some case, but in other cases, or you know, it's not.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Well, so when I say it's kind of, it depends on your circumstance or your circumstances. Of the factors in your circumstances is you. Some people will love to roll up their sleeves and mess with this stuff and put it to work and maximize the value, and some people won't. If you're not going to be good at this or embrace it or be excited to delegate it to someone else, you should figure out a way to avoid it. Or if it's inevitable, you've got to deal with that too. So you are one of the factors. You know, if you want to stay up until four o'clock in the morning on Friday night making something work a little better at your job or your company, then you should absolutely embrace AI. You're going to learn a lot of stuff, and it's going to be useful for you. Even if some of the things you try fail, You're going to learn overall to do things better. But again, if you have no interest or it's going to irritate you, stay away and figure out another way to approach it. Okay, but but let meself out of the picture.
Speaker 1: Okay, But look, there are some people out there who are just wrestling with the the idea of what AI is, right, I think that's safe to say. So with that in mind, could you give us a few ideas for how we I might start using AI so we can begin to understand for ourselves how it might fit into our lives, or our careers or our business.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, the next time you have a task to accomplish, it can be a personal thing, it can be a work thing, just say to yourself. Just get in the habit of saying to yourself, do I think AI could help me with this? And then open your browser and go to chat GPT. It's free, open perplexity, it's free, open one of There's hundreds of these things. Just go and start using them, and you know, ask yourself, is this a task that AI can help me with? Challenge yourself to find ways to use AI to do things you think AI couldn't help you do. Go there and try things and just fail and learn along the way. I really mean it's important for you to understand whether you have a stomach for it or not, because if you don't have a stomach for it, you need a different plan and you're not gonna know until you try it. You may think you're gonna hate it and go, oh, this is actually pretty amazing. You may think you're gonna love it and start using it and go, I hate this thing. It's important to know that right now. It's really important.
Speaker 1: What is the most basic And I'm going off script here because you and I try to put together some bullet points before we do this show each and every year. But give me the most basic thing that you have asked I A to do. I mean the most fate, could be personal, could be business. Can't give me just something simple for the guy prea there who's like, Okay, I'm going to give this a shot.
Speaker 2: I'll give you a great example.
Speaker 4: Go to it.
Speaker 2: So there's a there's an AI platform called Perplexity. They just launch their own browser. I really it's called Commet. Encourage people to go get it. If you need an invitation, come find me on blue Sky. I have five invitations to give them away. I'll give them away to the first five people that contact me at Greg seven on blue Sky. So I encourage you to use Perplexity or use their browser. And here's an example they give that I think really drives home what it can do. Open the browser and type this in plan trip for me from Cincinnati to New York City on July fir twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: How about that.
Speaker 2: You know what it takes to plan a trip right?
Speaker 4: Oh boy?
Speaker 2: Oh you know blah blah blah blah. You know it could take three hours to figure this all out and just see what it does.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to try it because I'm in that world, I mean, and I'm being totally open and honest where I'm just trying to fool around a little bit with it, so like that's a kind of thing I would have never thought of to do, right, Yeah, okay, And.
Speaker 2: What's interesting about perplexity in particular. One of the reasons I really like it is it you watch it going through the steps step by stick. It doesn't just give you the answer. It says, I'm opening a travel website now thinking I'm typing in our dates, and you're literally watching it on a small little screen, so you're you're watching it do the same thing you would do, only it does it one hundred times faster.
Speaker 1: That's great stuff. That is great stuff. Greg Steban, You're the best man. Love having our chat at each and every week and hope you have a great rest of your week and a great weekend.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: It's great to be here.
Speaker 4: Tell you what that guy is on his game?
Speaker 1: Man, I really look forward to our conversations with him on a weekly basis because he just brings such a His background is so interesting if you look him up, Greg Steban just such an interesting mind. Some of the things he thinks of I don't know about you. I would have never thought of them. Maybe you're all over them.
Speaker 3: But money, and don't talk about politics. I did all three of the Politics can be so divisive. I think a lot of people are like red or they're blue, and you know, many of us are just disillusioned. I always joke and say that politics comes from two words historically poly meaning many ticks meaning bloodsuckings. Yeah, there you go, but really, Godynomics is the idea that capitalism is not just a good idea, it's God's idea and it's built on three fundamental principles. Property rights, twenty percent of tenk commandments, addresses that don't steal people's stuffed on, envy people's stuff. It doesn't built on incentive bibles. Is you don't work, you don't eat and be like the aunt not the sluggards, and also built on liberty. So it's really Godnomics is about liberty, productivity, and generosity. It's something we used to call common sense, but sadly it's not common anymore. So anyway, a lot of people ask me questions about not just personal finances, but kind of a macro perspective. Does God have to say about how nations run and how government's run? And so I did a whole series called Godenomics.
Speaker 4: What would God?
Speaker 3: Says John Kaynes, would God said? A Smith? Greenspan, Karl Marx, stuff like that. So it's a sermon series that turned into the book that I did with Random House. So I'd like to get it right now. Is it creationtoday? Dot org? Backslash store, that's the place that hold it right now? So Christian Today, dot org and backslash store you can get it's called Godenomics of the DVD series with a small workbook, and then there's also a hardback and back book too.
Speaker 5: So well, you've got an incredible you've gotten incredible reviews when you go back when it was on Amazon, and you've gotten incredible reviews from people who are not necessarily, and and and they say so in their review of the book.
Speaker 1: They may not be the most religious person in the world. Right, Yeah, But like you said, there's some common sense stuff. I want to get into a comple of a couple of topics in particular that you get into in the book god gnomics helping people versus enabling the needy. M h.
Speaker 3: Yeah. You know a lot of times people have a sound but by kind of mindset that says, hey, we should always help everybody. Well that's partially true. That's also a good definition of codependency if you talk to any good psychologists. So if you have a person who's a you know, a habitual gamber, it's on more easy. You know, at some point you don't keep getting money to the gambler who's using their money away and they have to get rock bottom. And so part of what you're trying to do is discern, like, for example, when somebody is doing something, is this going to be productive? Am I reinforcing their bad habit and I reinforcing their addiction? That's an easy one. But even when it comes to helping the poor, the Bible's pretty nuanced, and there's different types of poor some people are poor because you know, crushing weight or a load fell on them, and we need to with that a doubt, help each other with those loads. We need to say, how can I come alongside this is an emergency situation or this is a season, and how do we help you get the skills you need? How do I classically teach you how to fish? And I give you fish? Other times, the Bible talks about a type of poor person who's like the sluggard versus the ant. And it's so tired, he's so unwilling to put the energy in the food is sitting in front of him the proverbs, and you can't even scoop his hand into the food to bring into his mouth. Well, the Bible does not say that we should help that person. That person needs to learn some discipline and learn to actually learn how to work. Even Paul in Tessalonian says, if you don't work, you don't eat. He says, I didn't come to eat somebody else's bread. I came to work for my own bread. So you really want to balance this idea of how do I not cripple people by doing the work they need to do? And again that's in non religious terms. It's called enabling, it's called rescuing, it's called codependency. So you really want to discern what is the real need here, and how do I get somebody self sustaining than to somebody who's permanently in need of my resources.
Speaker 1: All right, help me with this for a second, because I've always wondered about it, and helped me with the passage. But roughly in the Bible, there's a quote that talks about how the wealthy man is not going to get into heaven. It will only be those you know who are meet so to speak. And I know I'm paraphrasing. There, walk me through that, because you know, if you're somebody who's you know, busted your tail to make a lot of money, and all of a sudden you read that, I mean you could interpret that as like, Holy Moses, this doesn't sound good.
Speaker 3: Well, the Bible is not anti money at all. In fact, money is just fuel. It's fuel for fun, it's fuel forgiving, it's fuel for being generous. So got the big fan of money. In fact, most of the people in the Bible who are followers of God, we're wealthy. Abraham was wealthy, Job was wealthy. David was wealthy, Solomon was wealthy. Lydia, a leader in the early Church, was wealthy. Paul had a Roman citizenship and so that was very expensive. His grain father may have actually made tempts for Mark Anthony, and he was therefore gifted very financially. So money is not the problem. It's the love of money. When you make money, you are king. When you make money your savior, you think it's going to save you. And what's saying is, when you have lots of money, you can delude yourself into thinking that you don't need God. So that's the real problem. When I was doing a serious godnomics, I was in Proverbs and it says there's this business woman and she considers a field. Okay, so the nature of any economic system is producing. Why would she consider a field. She wants to know if the price and qualities work and will it produce. Then it says she profits. The Bible celebrates profiting. Profiting is not a bad thing. That means you made more money than it costs you to invest.
Speaker 2: Or produce it.
Speaker 3: So we should be celebrating profiting, not be demonizing it. From her savings or from her producing and profiting, she saves, she's got money, she invests in another vineyards. Let's do another one of these things. She then gives to the poor us twice she extends her hand to the needy. So now the Bible's not anti finances at all, it just is don't fall in love with money as the main king of your life or savior of your life. But without a doubt, make a lot, give a lot, save a lot. That's what a famous theologian once said. So how can we look at the world. We have, the gifts, we have, the talents we have, and said, how can I use the opportunities I've been given as well as the talents I've been given, to be about the work of doing something productive and creative in life. And that's really why I wrote the book is I felt like we're living in a world right now that celebrates socialism, celebrates communism and Marxism and this kind of envy driven approach, and yet many people are saying, I want to make a difference. I have the sense that I'm designed for work. And so the Bible says, whatever you do in word or deed, do everything in name Lord, which means you can be just as productive. You're doing God's work. You're doing it right now on the radio station. That is just as spirituals what happens on Sunday. I imagine your Monday through Friday could be just as spiritual as your Sundays or Saturdays, because you have a sense that I'm doing the work on earth that my creator allowed me to do it. Actually, it's very invigorating and giving you a sense of purpose. Twenty four to seven.
Speaker 1: Really okay, you talked about, you know, saving money, making money. What about when we go out and start spending money. What would God namics say about that? Because let's be honest about it. I mean, most of us are guilty, not everyone, but most of us are guilty of going out and just spending money on a lot of stuff. Chadovean we just don't need.
Speaker 3: Well, of course, of course, I would say money is like fuel, and it's fuel for priorities. So think of your budget not as something that restrains you, but think of it as a vision. This is the vision of where I want my resources to go. So, yes, we should provide for own family. So God says if in Thessalonians that if you don't provide your own family. You're worse than somebody who doesn't have any faith. So you want to be somebody who's not consuming from the economy with somebody who's producing. But also it says fun is something that can be prioritized, and time with your family, vacations, things like that can be something you can enjoy. Using money for giving to the poor and the needy, really discerning that wisely and making sure those resources are being utilized to make the most amount of difference the idea of faith. And you want to say, I want to invest in things that are not just making a temporal difference, but an internal difference. So don't just give any charity. Check out the charity, make sure that you get a high percentage of money going towards the actual resources, not just for bureaucratic administrative costs, and say, can I make a difference? But God also loves the arts, and so if you love the arts and you have passions, and maybe you have a passion for the single mom and you want to help in that area, maybe sanctity of life, and you want to help those who are helping save lives. So I think if you think about money not as oh I'm so guilty because I spent so much money versus Wow, I have a vision for what's important to me, what's important to my family, what's important to life, And man, I'm getting a chance to use the money I've made to do fun things, to do important things, to do life enriching things. Suddenly money becomes a source of joy, not a source of burdens. You know.
Speaker 1: I oftentimes when you go into a church, now you don't do this, I should make note of this. You don't do this at the Horizon Community Church. But churches traditionally while you're sitting there and sometime, you know, between announcements and the time you get to the serb and part of the announcement is they start passing around a tray and asking for money. Now everybody knows that, or at least I think people who really pay attention. There's some that are going to be turned off by that. That's fine. But at the same time, godnomics has to have room in there where you are taking some of that money that you work in your tail off for and you are giving it back to the church. Because of some of the things, many of the things, virtually all of the things the church is doing with that money.
Speaker 3: Well, I think this way, you want to make investment in things that make the most amount of difference. So imagine, even if you find the best that's a bitcoined in the video, or whatevert toke you invest in, it's still going to be temporal meaning, you know, let's just say you get a thousand year reign out of whatever that investment.
Speaker 6: Is.
Speaker 3: The thing about the church is we're trying to help eternal people make eternal decisions that end up having an eternal difference. So of course, if you want to make a huge of the things you give to giving to the church, and a church that you feel like is giving an eternal message, is helping people come to know God and come to make a difference in their life. Of course, that's God's plan a for changing the world. As the church. However, it doesn't have to be guilt money. It doesn't have to be shame money. It can be joy money. God loves a cheerful giver. And so what we do is I talk about money whenever the text comes up, but I talk about it. I think with the spirit God talks about it. He talks about money a lot, which is how can we be cheerful givers, and how can we be excited about how our money is helping not only change people in this world, but also in the next.
Speaker 4: What would God say about taxes?
Speaker 3: I got a full testra on that in the book God, and so God say the irs. I really talk about fairness. You know, it's interesting because when God laid out the laws in setting up a government in Deuteronomy and Exodus, he talked about a percentage based system. And so a percentage based system is fair, right, because it's fair because whether you make one hundred bucks or you make ten thousand dollars, if everyone's paying one percent, you know, you know it's a system. What's an unfair system is where you have, Hey, the more you make, we're going to penalize you and we're going to make you pay more. But it's not the same system. So I do think that if you look at the morality behind it, ultimately, you know your income is part of your property, right, that's your ability to make income. So I do think the more we can honor people people who work really hard for their income and don't keep any of it, those are called slaves. So we'll just say that's keeping zero percent of your income. You know somebody who can keep one hundred percent of their income, that person's ultimately free. So I think the more you can move toward freedom people individually keeping more of their income. And obviously you do need federal resources to protect us and keep us all safe, and those limited things that government needs to do that we all needed to do. I do think having more of a fair system where it's consistent across the board to be better. I cover that in an entire chapter and go into a lot of detail, but for the sake of this time, the shortest I could do. We need to honor income and property rights of individuals at the same time have a fair system where everyone knows that the system's not punitive, and so then we've picked on people can pay more because they're successful, or people who pay less because they're in this particular loophole. I think the more it's fair and consistent, the more you'd have a a freer society and everyone would know that it's being fair to everyone.
Speaker 1: The name of the book is god Nomics, written by pastor Chad Hoven. It is a fascinating book, and I mean, you've had conversations with people like Mike Huckabee, Glenn Beck, among others. I'd like to, if you don't mind, carry this into next week because there are a couple of things I want to ask you about that you got into conversations with Glenn Beck about about how all of this would tie into Monty Python, Bugs, Bunny, Milton Friedman. That's quite that's quite a range right there now, Bugs, Bunny, Money, Python, and Milton Friedman. But we'll do that again next week. I can't wait to hear about it.
Speaker 3: That'd be great, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Pastor Chad Hooven kind enough to join us Plane Glass Stained Glass.
Speaker 4: We do it every Wednesday. Guys.
Speaker 1: Awesome, all right, last check of the roads before we get out of here, Chuck, how we looking.
Speaker 4: Trying to get better? But there's a new accident.
Speaker 7: He spound two seventy five and Taylor Mill that are over on the left shoulder, so traffic is banking a bit towards Turkey Foot. This from the UC Health Traffic Center. The UC Health Women's Supports Medicine Program provides specialized care for female athletes at all levels. Scheduling appointment online and do you see health dot com? Southbound seventy five continues slow in and out of Ackland, heavy inbound seventy four from above Montana and southbound seventy one. The last of the heavy traffic is coming out of Kenwood and heading down the hill to Redbank. Chuck Ingram News Radio seven hundred wwf.
Speaker 1: UR WCPO nine First Warning forecast our microphone dropping from the sky here, presented by Jennifer catch Mark. It is a beautiful morning. It's going to be just a beautiful day. There's no two ways about it. I mean, it really feels like fall right now. This cool front's come in. Our high today is seventy Tonight, we're dropping down a forty seven Tomorrow, Friday, Saturday, all three days sunshine, ideal fall temperatures right at seventy seventy one seventy two. If you're going to the Bengals game Tomorrow night, or just going out Tomorrow night or Friday night, bring a jacket, bring a hoodie, whatever. For the Bengals game a kickoff at eight fifteen, expecting temperatures right around fifty seven degrees. Next chance of rain will come in until late Saturday night and into Sunday. So we're looking at a glorious weather Week over the next number of days. Sean McMahon, great job, as always is our producer. We have Scott Sloan coming up next on seven hundred WLW Cincinnati.
Speaker 6: Barbed wire and barricades have given way to handshakes and handovers as Israel and Hamas six change hostages in a transaction of trust, with diplomacy being resurrected from the rubble. Will it hold or will the conflict continue? Keep it here for the latest updates on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: This report is sponsored by Miami Valley Gaming. Get to Miami Valley Gaming October twenty five,