Speaker 1: Eight thirty six, seven hundred WLW. We're hanging at it long. Next in Richwood, if it's Thursday night, it is the Roundtable Show, Cincinnati Tax Resolution Power by Tove Sheldon. Roundtable Show presented by Postman Law. I'm Lance Pacalister. We've been busy. Bengals college football, a little bit of high school football in the last hour with Greg Schuemaker. I want some more high school football because you can never talk enough high school football, and there are some big games certainly tomorrow night headlined by the Skyline Chilli Crossdown Showdown presented by Mercy Hiath Orthopedics and Sports Medicine. And the man behind that would be the CEO of In Game Sports. As I mentioned him in the last segment, producer or engineer Dave Abbott said, simply, Chief, we welcome in tom Gamble. Chief. How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good? Chief? How about yourself?
Speaker 1: I am well. You know, I make note of the fact it's eight thirty seven. Usually I have you on much earlier when you come on the show. Did you stay Are you staying up late just to be on with me at this hour?
Speaker 2: Well? Truth be told. Normally, I'm Brice Sawing logs. But but no, I'm captivated by the National League Division Series. You know, this is a pitchers duel and it's a yeah. So I'm watching a little postseason baseball night flipball on a little college football too. So but no, I'm Lance. I'm always available to speak with you, right, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, that's very much appreciating. You've got a good one tomorrow night the skylind Chillacrossdown Showdown Game Indian Hill at Madeira. First things first, tell me about this Indian Hill quarterback devil and Daniel who must just be an absolute two sports stud.
Speaker 2: Well, it's kind of crazy really. His dad Kerry, who played in Indiana and uc in baseball. As the Braves baseball coach. They made it to the state semi finals last year, and Daniel was probably, I guess, conceivably a better baseball player. He's ranked the number one prospect in Ohio in the class of twenty twenty seven. He's only a junior, so he's got two more seasons of high school baseball left. But how about this in football? Last year for the Braves, he was a running back and he ran for over twenty two hundred yards and thirty four touchdowns. But John Rodenberg, the coach, said, you know, we don't really have a quarterback. So he said he went to his assistant coaches in December and said, we're gonna move this guy to quarterback. And I think they looked at him like, are you nuts? But he really, you know, and he runs it throws and he's obviously a better runner I would presume the thrower. But he's got about thirteen hundred total yards, eleven TVs, passing only two interceptions. He's run for eighteens, averaging about eight yards of carry. So he's turned into a versal guy. He's got I can tell you. I had a chance to speak with him this week. He's a really likable guy. You can tell he's a great leader. And this Indian Hill t him. I know he like numbers lands, so I'm gonna toss a few at him. They've outscored the opposition two eighty two to thirty five, and they're really good. I mean, they're number one in Division four, Region sixteen in the Harbin ratings. And you know, John Rodenberg, don't forget you know, he took over this program in twenty twenty one. They went three and seven. Then the last few years they've gone nine to four, nine and three. They're seven to zero currently four to zero in the CHL. Now, let's not forget this guy's the only high school football coach the only one to win state championshops in Kentucky two thousand and six at Coveany Catholic, Ohio, twenty twelve and twenty thirteen Bowler, and then in twenty twenty this season before he came to Indian Hill, he took Ron Colly High School, which is in Greater Indianapolis, to the Indiana five A state title. I mean, he's the only one to do that, and he's quickly at Indian Hill. He's good football coach, period, end of story. But this team is really good. They've outscored the opposition one thirty six to zero the last three weeks. But you'll love this Madeira which is four and three, three and one ty with Wyoming in second place in the CHL. They're down to their fifth quarterback fifth incredible. They've lost four quarterbacks to injury, and they moved Andrew Roy, who's a wide receiver a senior, to quarterbacks. I mean, what do you do? QB five? I mean you know, the Montra a next man up, But I mean I feel bad for Chris Stewart because he's a good football coach and it's a good team. But what do you do when you're down at QB five and you're playing a team that's allowed thirty five points in seven games?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I know you talk with Chris Stewart this week. I mean, they've they've been through, They've certainly been tested from a strength to schedule standpoint. This year, they've had a tough schedule.
Speaker 2: They've been a brutal schedule. But you know, he's got a great attitude and he says, you know, what can you do? You know, you just tell him, hey, you know, we'll give it the best we've got. We know it's going to be a challenge, but it's a great and I love games like this. It's a small school neighborhood rivalry. You know, the schools are, you know, very close to each other. Last week we had the first EHL game and Retting had a twenty one tohing lead on Taylor. Taylor came back to win thirty five twenty eight. It's very funny. You just never know which games are gonna turn out to be the best. We obviously picked the first eight weeks in advance, well before the season kicked off, so you never know. But bo, I'm telling you, when you get the week eight, we've had great weather every front night. But when you get the weekend, there are so many good games tomorrow night, it's it's hard to follow them all.
Speaker 1: Perfect segue. Let me toss a couple of the matchups tomorrow night, your away and just give me maybe a thought or two on a couple of them. Let's go Hiland's Elder and that gauntlet of a schedule continues for the Elder Panthers.
Speaker 2: Well, it's been brutal, I mean, back to back Saint Axe Moler last week they won their first outright GCL South title since two thousand and eight. They're unbeaten or up, their best start since they won the second of two back to back state championships in two thousand and three. Highlands. You know, they only lost once twenty one to twenty at perennial state power Bourbon County, so you know they're really good. Sorry, Boyle County. I mean, so they're really good, But I say this Elder led by Kane Stepp, their junior quarterback and a really gritty defense. Doug Ramsey's a very good coach and Elder's really good. Last week did the biggest crowd ever from Mohler Elder at the Tent ever, surpassed the Cole Rain Elder game way back in the early two thousands, the first nationally televised high school game on ESPN. So yeah, this is another one. But Elder is going to be really well tested come postseason time.
Speaker 1: How about the King of North ben Road. That's Lasal hooking up at Saint X.
Speaker 2: The Yellow thousand only lost one game, that's sixteen to eight. Excuse me, two games sixteen to eight to Elder are close one and then got it handed to him by Molar and Saint X the same thing. I mean, they've lost to Elder and Moler two. But yeah, King of North Bend Road, this is always a big one school separated by only a few miles. I got to bring this one up the lance Cleveland Sainte Nacius against Molar. They play at Mount Saint Joe tomorrow night. This will blow you away. When you say, when you think Cleveland City Nations, you go man that perennial state power. I mean they're sitting. They won eleven state championships the last two years, so twenty twenty four and this year they are eight combined, two and sixteen, two and sixteen. They went one in ten last sure, they're one and six this year. All those kids in Northeast Ohio when Chuck Kyle, the legendary coach who won all those state titles, retired, they've all been going to Lake with Saint Edwards. So it's very interesting. I look at that, I had to do a double take. I'm like, two and sixteen. That's pretty brutal.
Speaker 1: All right, let me toss. I got time to toss a couple more of your ways. Let me drop down here to first place on the line tomorrow night. How about Harrison at Talawanda.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is an interesting one. You gotta go back to ninth. I'm gonna give you more hit. I know you love numbers in history. Nineteen ninety one, Talawanda was undefeated the regular season, knocked off Frinston in the postseason, huge upset twenty four to twenty two. They finished eleven one. They lost the next week to center Bill Tallawanda's undefeated, and they've got this running back a senior Lance Cantrell, who did not play at all last year. He has run four and this is pretty incredible. He's about to go over two thousand yards. He's got seventeen hundred and eleven. He started the year off with four four one hundred and twenty three yards in the opener against Taylor, and he's run for three hundred once over two hundred and twice. He's been I think it's low as a buck twenty three. He's rushed for twenty three touchdowns. But this will be a test. Arison's really good. They're five and two. They've lost the two games by a combined three points, one East Central two to CHCA. It's at Palawanda. Andy Stucker's done an amazing job with this program. This is only his third year. He's got him undefeated. The winner of this It's only a four team league, so they have to play a lot of outside league games, obviously non conference, but they're both want to know in the league. This should be a good one up near Oxford tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm in Northern Kentucky, so let me wrap it up with two Northern Kentucky matchups. Tell me about the battle for the paddle.
Speaker 2: Well, Bellevue four and two, and you gotta love the river towns, right Bellevue and Dayton, the neighbors there, and it's at Date and they got a brand new complex. Yeah, the battle for the paddle hence, you know, schools on the river all that, and then I gotta tell you copcat is four and three. They have to be the best FEIGN three team in the region. They've had. You talk about a rough schedule they've had. They only lost by eight at Elder in the PID twenty twenty, they lost the close game to Ryle and then they lost last week thirty one to twenty eight the Highlands. They only welcome in now because they got to play. You know, when you win, not a lot of people want to play, so they're welcoming in Indianapolis Cathedral. They're five and two. They've won four straight. Their two losses are the Brownsburg, a big school just outside of Indy, and Cincinnati Saint Xavier. So there are some really good When you get the week eights, you got a lot of you know, teams vying for conference championships, trying to stay in races, and there's a lot on the line. Tomorrow night, and the remaining two weeks as well.
Speaker 1: Heck, holy Cross Lloyd should be good tomorrow night shouldn't.
Speaker 2: Well, now they're both, they.
Speaker 1: Don't are they're both, They're both, They're both both.
Speaker 2: Lloyd defeated Lloyd. Yes, Lloyd's seven and zero playing tonight against Henry County. There's a lot of schools this week on fall break, and like the Boone Campbell Kenton County schools in northern Kentucky. You're on fall break sum in Ohio too, which means a lot of times they move them to Thursday. But yeah, holy Cross the six and oh you know so that they're a good program this year and Lloyd's seven and oh so yeah, I mean they're they're under And I got to get in Newport, Newcast the Battle for the Fireman's Bell. We have a lot of battles at Land. I think, think you what the biggest battle is trying to get anywhere on the roads anymore.
Speaker 1: You're telling me track game.
Speaker 2: If you're going to a high school game tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: Leave now that's it probably a really good idea. It is the Skylight Chili Crossdown Showdown, presented by Mercy Health, Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, Indian Hill at Madeira seven o'clock. Tell everybody if they want more information about your vast and expanding social media platform for the Skyline Chili Crosstown Showdown.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're all over it. Lance at Xtown Showdown on x formerly Twitter and Instagram. So I will updates all night long. We have daily features during the week, and we've got a big swap preview next week, so of Taliwana and Harrison they play tomorrow night, but we'll be talking about those two teams next week getting ready for our game week nine. I always enjoy talking football with you, especially high school variety, and it should be a great weather. It looks like tomorrow night as well. We're getting a little crisp air for the weeks eight through ten, hopefully.
Speaker 1: The only problem is is you can relate. We each went through a stretch of like five weeks without having to mow. Now I feel like I'm mowing every like twelve hours now.
Speaker 2: It was a real problem for me today. I'm not gonna lie. I went out there this morning it was still a little boist, and I said, why did I wait so long? And I just created a nightmare for myself. So I only did the front, so I've got the back to do tomorrow. You know what that means when you split it up, trying to make it a little less painful if you will, but you know I'll take this. I love this weather, and it's great football weather for any level, and this is a time of year when it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Thanks Chief, you gotta Chief.
Speaker 2: Have a great night.