Speaker 1: You're listenings KFI AM six forty the Bill Handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio FFI AM six forty. Bill Handle here on a Saturday morning, right up until ten o'clock or eleven o'clock, and then starting at eleven o'clock you'll have Rich to Burrow on with the Tech show. But I'm going to continue taking phone calls and I'll tell you all about that a little bit later on. I'll be doing it off the air, and you'll not even wait because we're going to go through these things very very quickly. And the number here is eight hundred five two zero one five three four, and lines are open right now because it's the top of the hour. Eight hundred five two zero one five three four and lines are open. It's eight hundred five two zero one five three four. This is Handle on the Law, marginal legal advice, where I tell you have absolutely no case.
Speaker 2: All right, couple things.
Speaker 1: We are at the start of the Trump administration about a year in and obviously, and if you've listened to my morning show Monday through Friday, it is you know. I have a real issue with the Trump administration, and in terms of LGBTQ rights and dealing with trans and dealing with people who are gay, obviously, and the President is not much in favor of this. And one of the things that the president believes, for example, there's no such thing as trans doesn't exist.
Speaker 2: No one can be trans. If you're born a man, you're a man.
Speaker 1: And if you want to switch over to a woman, because that's who you are, if you're wired that way, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: You're a man.
Speaker 1: Whatever appears on that birth certificate, you're a man. So that one is flying through. There's also the birthright business that he's doing, which I just don't understand, and that is, if your one of your parents is ill, is not legal, or both your parents are not legal, and you're born in the United States, you're not a citizen. Well you got you know, the fourteenth Amendment says outright, you're a citizen if you're born in the United States, and he's trying to unravel that one. I don't know where he's going to go with this one. But let me tell you what has has gone in his favor, and that is the passport birth sex policy. And this has to do with you get a passport and you are not a trance. It doesn't exist the past.
Speaker 2: Now we're talking about a passport.
Speaker 1: The passport reflects the holder sex at birth. So if you're born a man, there your name is as a man on the passport and you become a woman. And by the way, I do believe people are wired that way. I don't think anybody chooses to be gay. Oh boy, I'm going to wake up tomorrow morning because I want to I want to be gay, or I want to be trans. It's who you are.
Speaker 2: And you can ask for a name change.
Speaker 1: People who are trans asked for name changes all day long. Well, the American policy now the passport must reflect the holder's sex at birth. Of course, there was a lawsuit that was filed, and this Supreme Court ruled that the Trump administration can do exactly that in an emergency order. What the court said that the requirement that the person's name and sex be be recognized in terms of a passport what happens in birth. The court said, the government is merely attesting to a historical fact, not subjecting anyone to differential treatment. It's just this is who this person is, was born a male is a male, and so that is not a policy issue. That's just a recognition of a fact. Well, here is the way it works. The court has given Donald Trump almost unlimited power. They believe that the president can virtually decide anything at any time, under any circumstances. That's the way I read it. And that's because you've got now a very very conservative court. President Trump issued an executive order on an inauguration day declaring that the US recognizes only two sexes, male and female. That's when the State Department made that change. So there it is. Passport either has an M or an F sex marker on it. And that's the way it now works. By the way, under the Biden administration, there was a new policy that allowed people to chooge x as a third party if they don't identify as a male or female. And guess what, that's off the table now. But that's where we're gonna get, you know, and you know it's you know, I bitch and moan all the time, and there are people that say, oh my god, look what the Trump administration is doing.
Speaker 2: I know you guys voted.
Speaker 1: I didn't vote for Trump, by the way, I didn't vote for anybody. I do that quite often. I'm unaffiliated. I'm not a member of the Democratic Party or the Republican Party, and I have voted for both sides, and then when I'm really unhappy with both sides, I just don't vote in that particular race, which I have done. Now for the presidency, I think three times I haven't voted because I'm unhappy with everybody. But then you know, I'm unhappy with everybody. All right, let's go ahead and take some phone calls, Susan. Let's start with you. Hello, Susan, welcome to handle on the law.
Speaker 3: Hey Bill, my daughter nts two large storage units in her apartment building. The management company mistakenly flagged them as abandoned. Hired a company, and they cleaned both of them out and disposed of the items. She has presented them a demand letter asking for the items back, which has been weeks.
Speaker 4: Now they're probably gone.
Speaker 3: But it wasn't like a couple cans of paint. It was all her furniture, clothing, mementos.
Speaker 4: You know Grandma's trying to do.
Speaker 1: I understand.
Speaker 5: Well, let me ask you this.
Speaker 1: That's a real easy question. Yes, they are liable, and all they can do is give you money. And now you're suing for money. How much money is going to be part of that lawsuit?
Speaker 3: Well, that's what we're trying to figure out. We want to see if they're going to offer something.
Speaker 1: They are, they're going to low ball you. They're going to low ball you.
Speaker 4: I'm sure they will. I'm sure they're So.
Speaker 1: How much my do you?
Speaker 2: Oh, you don't even have any idea how much is this worth? Correct?
Speaker 3: Oh, it could be twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: It could be twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: You can't put in a lawsuit it can be twenty thousand dollars. You have to You've got to specify this is twenty thousand dollars worth of stuff. Okay, so what's your question now?
Speaker 3: But what kind of value do you put on sentimental stuff?
Speaker 1: How do you do basically zero? Yeah, the law doesn't give a rats about sentimental stuff. I mean, you can argue it. But you know, you've got a plate that you bought, that grandma bought for two dollars and it's been in the family for three generations. What is that worth? Yeah, one thousand dollars? Is it worth ten thousand dollars? I mean you can say you can offer me ten thousand dollars for this plate, and I would never sell it for almost any amount of money because this is my grandma who gave it to me, and she loved me, and she would cook me a nice google and she would bake for me, and uh, you know, it's worth everything to me. So what does the court do. Well, here's ten thousand dollars. The problem is you have to prove what it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Now, so they're gonna they're gonna offer her something, Yeah, to settle it. I'm sure because they kept saying we're gonna make it right. We're going because screwed up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, understand.
Speaker 3: And now can we go back and counter them without an attorney?
Speaker 2: Of course? Of course.
Speaker 1: Okay, you count like crazy.
Speaker 2: Now the problem you have is proving.
Speaker 1: What was you this?
Speaker 5: I know?
Speaker 1: However, No, however, if the court believes if it's reasonable amount, and you argue, let me tell you there was a set of that was furniture that was worth X dollars and maybe you have a picture of it or you can describe it, and there's an appraiser will say, well this these are valued between ten and twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: You go right in the middle you asked for that.
Speaker 1: But the problem is, you know, why don't you ask for one hundred thousand dollars because you had one hundred thousand dollars worth of gold and a box in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, see here, that's the problem.
Speaker 2: Your issue is going to be valuation.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So another thing is, can we also go to her Homewanns insurance with theft.
Speaker 2: No, it's up to them. No, it's up to no.
Speaker 1: Of course not. You can't double dip. You're not allowed to double dipping. By the way, you don't go to the insurance company. They go to their insurance company. You're not suing the insurance company. You're suing them, and the insurance company merely says to them, we will cover you. That's what insurance is about. You have no relationship with the insurance company. So the answer is your problem is going to be valuation.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: And I mean you're not gonna get zero. You're going to describe what is in there. You're gonna have witnesses come and say this is what we saw in there, or we talked about it or anything reasonable. The court will certainly look at Yeah, it's difficult, it really is. I mean, you've got a winner there. But the problem is you know how much is the winner?
Speaker 2: Don't know? This is Handle on the Law and.
Speaker 1: This is CAF I bill handle here on a Saturday morning, eight hundred and five two zero one five three four. Welcome back Handle on the Law. Oh Bob, welcome to the show this morning.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 4: Can you hear me?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, I can, Yes, I can hear you call.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I have a small farm and I paid for workman's comp insurance through through a company. I didn't have any employees. I had companies come here to work. The policy expired. Let it expire, and then like two weeks later, well, they wanted to audit my books. I said no, I didn't have any employees. So then then they re After that policy expired, I hired another insurance workman's comp insurance. They sent me a reinstatency that they're reinstating the policy.
Speaker 1: So, well, hang on, but you're saying you hired another insurance company. Yes, so the new insurance company wants you to reinstate to the old insurance company for you to keep your policy. Is that correct?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, the old insurance policy wanted to keep me on the books for some reason.
Speaker 5: I could.
Speaker 4: They would never explain why.
Speaker 2: Okay, you cancel them and you canceled them.
Speaker 4: Correct, Well, here's what happened. They canceled me. I said okay, fine. Then they reinstated me, and I told them I'm not paying it. They wanted another three hundred and seventy dollars. I said, I'm not paying. So I finally let them audit my books. They didn't find any employees, like I kept telling him, I don't have any employees.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know.
Speaker 4: And so now they sent me a bill for They finally canceled my policy here about three weeks ago, and they say I owe him three hundred and seventy dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay, and did you did you, in writing cancel your policy?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: I did not.
Speaker 2: Oh so got it. So when you say, but Fred.
Speaker 1: Said my policy was canceled, and I talked to him, then they ask you really, do you have any record of it?
Speaker 4: Well, I have their I have their cancel cancel on my email.
Speaker 2: I kept think, okay, well then you've canceled.
Speaker 1: Then there's a writing, then there's a writing, and so now they reinstated it.
Speaker 2: But there was a cancelation.
Speaker 1: A cancelation is a cancelation, so I don't quite understand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So now what they.
Speaker 1: Want three five dollars okay, and here's the problem. You're gonna say no, they're maybe gonna nail your credit. That's the part I hate. So there's an appeals product. You go, who do I talk to?
Speaker 4: I can appeal that, okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you call him out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course you call him up and you go, okay, who do I talk to?
Speaker 1: You? And you get this straightened out. I mean it may have fallen through the cracks. You know, you say, it sounds okay, it doesn't seem to me any huge deal. Steve Hi, Steve, welcome.
Speaker 5: They handle.
Speaker 6: And the attorney was able to hold on a.
Speaker 1: Minute, you were in an accident. I didn't hear that. You weren't in an accident, correct, Yeah.
Speaker 6: That was in a car. Okay, got it, and got the attorney was able to settle the case for three hundred thousand. You're telling me my medical bills are one hundred and seventy thousand, and the attorney is going to take forty five percent right off the top of the three hundred thousand, so that at least me five thousand in debt.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what's your question.
Speaker 6: Happened that be.
Speaker 5: Out of it? Okay, I'll tell.
Speaker 1: You exactly how.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you exactly how that can be.
Speaker 1: Number One, you can actually you fight, you dispute the medical bills and you say it isn't one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars. And here's why. By the way, do you have insurance at all? Do you have medical insurance?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, brilliant, Okay, that's excellent. Good for you.
Speaker 6: All right, So the other party's paying, the other insurance company of the other party is paying.
Speaker 1: Okay, then they can't so the insurance company, so they can't double dip. Where does one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars go to? If they've already been paid.
Speaker 6: They haven't been paid yet, okay.
Speaker 1: So that's one hundred and said, well, if the insurance company is going to pay it, then they has that one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Been paid yet?
Speaker 5: No? Not yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that hasn't been paid.
Speaker 1: You said they got one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: They haven't.
Speaker 6: It's setting an account my medical bills total to one hundred and seventy thousand.
Speaker 1: No, I understand, but you're saying the insurance company on the other side is paying for it, so uh, and it hasn't been paid, So you have a hunt. You have one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars in the bank or what's the attorney right? Okay, So at that point you've got one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars not in your puncket. But if the other side is paying for it, uh, the attorney releases it to you. Has to.
Speaker 2: There's no such thing as double dipping.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you're actually in the good one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars if the other side pays it. Now they're negotiating, believe me, they're negotiating with the medical provider. Oh boy, are they negotiating. They're not gonna pay anywhere near one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars, but it's gonna you're gonna be covered, so your medical bills will be covered. Okay, that's for starters, so you don't worry about medical bills. And now he gets forty five percent, what does your retainer say?
Speaker 2: That you signed with the lawyer.
Speaker 6: It says that if the case goes on for more than six months and is settled before it goes to trial, and the attorney gets forty five percent.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you agreed in writing that the attorney gets forty five percent, right, Yeah, what part of forty five percent does he not get after you've agreed that he does get it?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, but you can't negotiate with the attorney reading.
Speaker 1: After the fact. I don't think he I don't think. Sure, you can negotiate. But he's got the money already, right, Why would he? Why would he reduce the fee?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean at the point that I'm in debt five thousand, No you're not.
Speaker 1: No, you're not. The medical bills are going to be all paid, and so forty five thousand dollars forty five percent of three hundred thousand dollars is not putting you in debt.
Speaker 2: Do the math.
Speaker 6: Well, one hundred and seventy three hundred thousand is one hundred and thirty five thousand, right, So.
Speaker 1: He's gonna get one hundred and thirty five thousand dollars and you're gonna get the rest of the three hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: That's the way I.
Speaker 6: Want people will get there one hundred and seventy.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but they're not. It's not gonna be one hundred and seventy.
Speaker 1: So if they're willing to pay one hundred and thirty thousand dollars, three hundred thousand dollars, you're gonna do a lot better than that. You're not gonna be in debt. You're not being down. The attorney got a real good chunk of money, and you agree to it. Just do the math. Zelman's is a minty mouth, but not a mint And what do I mean by that? Well, this has to do with your breath, your bad breath. You wake up morning breath, coffee breath, garlic breath, And a lot of people don't realize that bad breath not only comes from your mouth, which of course you know, but also it comes from your gut, your stomach. Why is that Because the food that causes bad breath in your mouth you swallow and it goes down in your stomach and it burns and it turns, and you got the acids, and that causes bad breath too. So zelmans is are these little capsules that you pop two or three in your mouth, nice strong MINTI coating, so you suck on that and that takes care of your bad breath in your mouth. And then you either bite into the capsules or swallow them and they go down into your gut where they go to work. No mint does that. So that's Zelman's Boy, that really does work.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Zelmans until December second is giving a portion of the sales to Katerina's Club. A portion of what you pay for Zelmans, and it's a good portion goes to Katerina's Club to help feed the kids. And it's well, yeah, I mean, you want kids to eat, don't you? You really do. I mean, if you don't buy Zelmons, you're being horrible. You're letting kids starve to death. How do you do that? So go to Zelmans dot com. Yeah, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit. Zelman's Z E L M I N S Zelmans dot com. This is Handle on the Law.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KF I am six forty.
Speaker 1: KFI Handle here on a Saturday morning. Half an hour more to go and then I'll take some phone calls after the show and I'll do.
Speaker 2: That off the air, and I'll explain a little bit later on.
Speaker 1: Also today at two o'clock, Neil Savadra with the Fork Report.
Speaker 2: Neil is not in studio.
Speaker 1: He is broadcasting live at the Wendy's in Mission Viejo on Alisha Parkway and you can just you know, do a Google map or a waves. It's on two three zero two to two Alisha Parkway. It is the Wendy's and that's from two to five his normal broadcast time.
Speaker 2: And I am joining him.
Speaker 1: So I'd love to have you guys come over and say hello and yell at me and do whatever you do. And we are raising money for Katerina's Club and is the charity that KFI and us and the rest of us have adopted to feed the kids. And Bruno, who created brunover the Anaheim White House as his restaurant, created the club and maybe twenty years ago and it now feeds twenty five thousand meals a week to kids. So hopefully we'll see you there two to five pm at the Wendy's and Mission va Ho. All right back we go. First of all, let me give you some phone numbers, even though we have some phone calls lines open just like a full board eight hundred five two zero one five three four and welcome back to handle on the law marginal Legal Advice. All right, Phil, Hello, Phil? What's going on?
Speaker 9: I got it. It's had a medical data breach and they want me to send back the form and it's a win or something. You get between two hundred and fifty dollars and sixty seven dollars. And I just want to know. I know I did belong to that regal medical group.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, let me ask you a question.
Speaker 2: Is the notice from a law firm?
Speaker 9: No, it says no lawyers, okay.
Speaker 2: And who is sending you the notice? What organization is sending you the notice?
Speaker 9: See, it just says in regard to medical day.
Speaker 1: It doesn't have wait a second, it doesn't have anything on it, for example, the name of a law firm, the name of an organization.
Speaker 2: It just sends to you, there's been a breach and you're going to get money.
Speaker 1: You're right, Oh that's a scam.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's yeah, you're done.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean that's crazy. It doesn't make any sense. How do you get a four. I'm saying you received some money contact us and there's not even the name of a company there. How crazy is that? Melissa? Hi, Melissa, welcome, Yes, Hi Baill Yes, ma'am.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna let my husband talk to you.
Speaker 6: Hennaan I will yes.
Speaker 7: I purchased a tile roof twenty four years ago and it leaked the other night. It had a twenty five year guarantee or warranty, so we're still under the warranty the other and I pulled the paperwork out on it and called the guy who put it in and it's a different roofing company but the same phone number. So what I'm assuming is they still own or they bought the other guy's business. What I'm asking is, does the new owner of the business have to honor the contract twenty five year warranty?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he bought a twenty five year warranty, you bet you okay, this is for your home, correct, This is for the home? Yeah? Yeah, that's easy. So if they don't pay it, and sometimes they don't because you're so close to the end of the warranty after you've made a claim, how much is how much was it to repair the roof? Did you already repair it?
Speaker 7: No, we haven't had we were asking calling him to ask him if he'd come out.
Speaker 1: Oh, good, good, good, So you're okay, you're in good shape. Well, if he doesn't pay it, and he's got to come out, they got to come out, and they have to inspect it, and they have to do whatever they do and then say yeah, we'll we'll fix it. If they don't, and after twenty four years, do I have a feeling they're going to say no, thank you. Yeah. Then you find out what it's going to cost to repair it, and you sue the company then installed it or the insurance company.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter. Well, you sue them both. Who's ever covering it?
Speaker 1: Now? The problem is is if the company went bankrupt and the only thing that the new company did was buy the phone number, you're done, okay, you are absolutely done, because there's nobody left to sue. If it was an outright purchase of the company, yes, they bought, they bought themselves the warranty. So it could be that the company went bankrupt the only thing of value was that phone number, and the new company bought it out of bankruptcy, and you.
Speaker 2: Get to find out if that's the case.
Speaker 1: You know, you do a little bit of investigation and if you're already contacting them. I know you didn't want to hear that. Well, can I tell you right? Jim? Hi, Jim, welcome, Hey.
Speaker 4: Bill, I'm looking for some marginal legal advice.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is what you're telling.
Speaker 4: Agreement.
Speaker 5: Can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I can, landlord tenate agreement, Yes I can.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm just curious what might take precedence. So if a landlord and a tenant sign a month to month agreement and the agreement states that either one of them could give a thirty day notice to and the tenancy. In California anyway after a year. In the landlord tenant laws, you need the landlord needs to give the tenant sixty days notice if the tenant's been there for more than a year.
Speaker 1: So that's correct with.
Speaker 4: The agreement take precedence?
Speaker 1: No, no, there is no agreement. Have you If you sign a lease that is good for a year, there is no tenant month. So yeah, month to month is no lease. Month to month is not a lease. Okay, all right, Jim.
Speaker 2: So yes, it's the sixty days that controls.
Speaker 4: So even though the agreement says only thirty days.
Speaker 2: Is agreement, it lapsed.
Speaker 4: Oh it doesn't It doesn't continue each month.
Speaker 1: No, there's no agreement. There's no agreement. Now it continues on under the same terms, but not in terms of the eviction, not in terms of when you have to leave.
Speaker 9: Got it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, yes, you have a sixty day or in California used to be thirty by the way, just to let you know. Okay, what do we have here? All right, Matthew? This is actually very good. Hello Matthew.
Speaker 5: Hey, how's going?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, Yeah, so I yes, I had a warrant, mister Griger, warrant for like eight years, and I went to take care of it.
Speaker 5: And after I did, a month later, I got arrested for it. And it does you know, I have the paperwork and you know it's so it's a care of it. Fifty days in jail. So I'm wondering is there any recourse?
Speaker 2: I mean it was it a legitimate warrant?
Speaker 5: Yeah, like a hundred percent. Took care of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So let me ask you.
Speaker 1: So they pick you up, they pick you up based on a legitimate warrant. What do you want?
Speaker 5: No, I had already taken care of it a month later, taken care of you.
Speaker 1: Take you took care of it. A month later? What from how many years ago?
Speaker 5: It was eighty? I had great years and then I took care of it. And a month later, Oh, okay, you took care of it.
Speaker 2: And how many years ago?
Speaker 5: Hey? Eight years?
Speaker 1: Eight years ago? And you were and they and they put you. They arrested you eight years ago for a warrant that you already paid. Is that correct?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: No, I got arrested recently.
Speaker 2: Oh got it all right?
Speaker 1: And they tossed you into Uh you got fifty days in jail?
Speaker 5: Oh no, I got it. It was like four yeah, four.
Speaker 1: Days in jail.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they screwed up.
Speaker 1: They screwed up. But you know, what are you gonna do? You know, you gotta hire rights attorney? Yeah, what's for jail? What's four days in jail worth? By the way, that's not to say that you don't have a case. What do you think it's worth?
Speaker 5: I mean, the first time I've ever had my poetic taken away a kind of a bout.
Speaker 1: You understand, what is that worth?
Speaker 5: I get it?
Speaker 1: What's that worth? Matthew?
Speaker 5: Let me think I would say twelve thousand dollars twelve?
Speaker 1: That's an interesting one. All right?
Speaker 2: So you're not asking for one hundred and twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Twelve thousand dollars. You can sue in small claims court or try. I don't know how you sue the police for small claims court. You first have to make a claim.
Speaker 5: It's kind of like, oh, kind of like, well, they've got come out.
Speaker 9: No, I understand.
Speaker 2: They screwed up, Matthew, I get it.
Speaker 1: They screwed up. You've paid off a warrant and they arrest you on a warrant that's already paid off. It fell through the cracks. It fell through the crack, and that's what happened, and you ended up with, you know, four days in jail or whatever, two days in jail.
Speaker 2: Now, how much are you entitled to? I don't know the answer.
Speaker 1: I mean, twelve thousand dollars is not crazy, but you're probably gonna have to hire a lawyer because you're making a claim against the city, and that gets pretty complicated. It's not just you know, someone knows you twelve thousand dollars. That's not the way it works. All right. Before we take a break, let me tell you about handle on the law dot com. As I tell people, when you do need a lawyer, and you don't have to pay for a lawyer. In personal injury cases, it's always contingency, which means that any money that is either settled or goes to court, that goes to you, the lawyer merely takes a percentage of. And there are a lot of lawyers out there that specialize that do personal injury. I mean, look at those billboards out there, listen to the commercials here on KFI, look.
Speaker 2: At the print ads. Well, how do you know which ones are good?
Speaker 1: I mean, you don't, bottom line, And so this is why I created handle on the Law dot Com. Some of them, by the way, are excellent, but you don't know. Handle on the Law dot Com is a referral service that tells you about lawyers who are good and they are vetted and if there's a problem, I make the phone call to the lawyer. So that's why I'm suggesting if you've been injured either in a car accident, a motorcycle accident, maybe a slip and fall, and it's not your fault, let me suggest you contact handle on the Law dot com. Handle on the Law dot Com this is Handle on the Law. Can't buy handle here. It is a Saturday morning, last segment of the show. But I will keep on taking phone calls after the show as I lock out and say goodbye, and I will keep on. I'll do it out. I'll do it after the show, no commercials, no breaks, nothing, and so it's just you and me, and I'll keep on going for maybe half an hour forty minutes, and so I'll be able to answer all of your quotquestionis so I'll be doing that off the air for future broadcast when the number is the same. It is eight hundred five two zero one five three four eight hundred five two zero one five three four and that starts in just a few minutes. All right, back we go. More handle on the law, marginal legal advice. Chris Yo, Chris, Welcome to the show. Bill.
Speaker 8: I was injured during intubation. I passed out. Well, I fell and busted my head and shower. Paramedic show up, take me to the hospital. They intubate me at the hospital. During this time, they injured my trichys and they split it.
Speaker 7: Ooh, now I have to have surgery.
Speaker 10: I've had my throat clothes up because they didn't let me know they injured my trichia. Okay, so there's a bunch of there's a bunch of scar tissue in my throat. My throat closes up to three millimeters, I can't breathe.
Speaker 8: I'm in the emergency room.
Speaker 1: A lad to be Uh, Okay, I got it, I got it, got it, got it. You know, we don't have to go through all the medical conditions because you've said enough. And I'm assuming you're looking to see if you have a medical malpractice case, right, yes, yes, sounds to me like you do based on what you're saying. Yeah, yeah, and it's time for you to As a matter of fact, what I would do is, uh, you know, go to the go to my website handle on the law dot com. And even though these lawyers only do personal injury, they know lawyers who are medical malpractice attorneys.
Speaker 2: Because you've got a pretty serious case.
Speaker 1: If what you say is the way it comes down, and there are no defenses, and you know, I'm not there. I have read the medical report, so they may throw.
Speaker 7: Some do sorry my question.
Speaker 8: They pretty much saved my life. Is it not like a good Samaritan act in the problem, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: If it doesn't matter if they picked you, it doesn't matter if they picked you up, if the ambulance picked you up and took you to a medical facility and they screwed you up so you can't breathe by intubating you wrongly and splitting your trachea. Yeah, I mean, you've got a medical malpractice the case.
Speaker 2: That's the bottom line.
Speaker 5: I have to have surgery.
Speaker 2: On the phone, Okay, let's go through it again. You've got a medical malpractice case.
Speaker 1: You have to have surgery. I got it. Okay, thank you. You know people want to just keep on going and going and going and going. Yeah, I mean that sounded pretty good to me. Stephen, Hello, Stephen, welcome.
Speaker 9: Hey Bill.
Speaker 11: I have a question for you, and I think this is in your willhouse. My biological father's name is Missy for my persificates in the father's portion or block, it's just used to state, and so I want to get him added to my per certificates.
Speaker 1: Okay, and you know who he is.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we did. I found him on twenty three and me, believe it or not, a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now you can you have the right to amend your birth certificate. And then the trick is that you want to put your name on it. Now, the birth mother has the right to say I don't want to say, I don't want to tell you, but you can prove that it's you. So it's a motion in front of the court, is what it is. And it's just procedural. Now the court is going to look at it, and you know, you look at it a little bit carefully. But if you can come in, here's the DNA, here's the proof, and I want to put my dad's name on it, then usually the court will let you.
Speaker 2: Stephen, how old are you?
Speaker 11: I am fifty one?
Speaker 1: Okay, so fifty one years ago your father didn't exist?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 9: Correct?
Speaker 11: And basically, long story short, the person I that was my father, my father. My mom hooked up with my dad two weeks before he met the I knew is my friend.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I understand that.
Speaker 1: Is he still around? Is he still alive?
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, very well?
Speaker 9: Good?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Then he also I think he is the one that has to make the motion if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you get to look that way up.
Speaker 1: But it's one of the two of you, or maybe both of you, and that gives you more more punch with the court.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it can be done.
Speaker 1: You're allowed to amend it for a good reason, of course, and yeah, you should be okay, and you just have to look about how to do it. You do it on the end, So do not go an attorney. You're gonna spend money that you shouldn't spend. This is something that you can do. You can do emotion based on the information that you get online. And all you do is do the ad search thing or the word searches, you know, birth certificate change.
Speaker 2: Just throw some words out there whatever you can and you.
Speaker 1: Should be okay.
Speaker 2: All right, we're done, quick word.
Speaker 1: Well, before i give you phone numbers, which I'm going to give you in just a moment to continue on, let me finish with telling you about Zelmans dot com Z E L M I N S Zelmans dot com. And these are the breath fresheners, the functional breath fresheners that you buy. First of all, you suck on the mint part like any other mint, and then you bite into them or swallow them, and they get to work. They go to work in your gut because bad breath comes out of your gut as an addition to your mouth, and no mint in the World takes care of both of those, so Zelman's does.
Speaker 2: And here's the deal.
Speaker 1: Right now, December second is Pastaphon where we broadcast from the Anaheim White House and we broadcast the entire day and we raise money for Katerina's Club, Chef Bruno's charity Feed Kids, and we're part of it every single year. And if you purchase Zelmans between now and December two, Zelman's will give a portion of the sales to Katarina's Club to feed kids, uh well, kids who are hungry. And if you want to let kids starve, don't buy. If you want to help feed the kids, then you go to Zelmans dot com Z E L M I N S. Zelmans dot com. This is Handle on the Law.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 1: Catch my Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.