Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA Sports and I'm demand on the iHeartRadio app. This is the Petros and Money Show. You are one of the kind, hosted by Petros, Papaday guests left school after sixth grade and the voice of the Bolts that Money Smith. The answer is on money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 2: On the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers. Make us your top preset.
Speaker 1: On the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Buenos DearS. That's classic whitlock. The chickens are coming home to roost.
Speaker 4: Bobby Bouche, you reap the frudio, selfish ways.
Speaker 2: Cools Nerds, your side, my side.
Speaker 5: It's all bully.
Speaker 2: It's just tough enough to be yourself. Rise by sin and some by virtue. Fail.
Speaker 6: The Petros and the Money and five seventy ALA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Earlier today from the gallpin Ford Broadcast Booth. Dodgers get a victory. But we did the glass now I like to think that we also, Yeah, we did it. We've done it again. Things were going so well.
Speaker 2: He was a friend of the show. He overcame the weather in Colorado. We said, he's got around the bend, He's walked around the twist.
Speaker 6: He's our best shot at a Cy Young this year.
Speaker 2: Patrick Money friend cy Young pet like we had a shot to be the guys in the words in the Oxfords, like Kershaw's friends standing behind glass now in Santa Clarita, drinking beer out of a mug, and next thing, you know, back tight screw you melon? His low back hurts ow, what's the matter you're on?
Speaker 7: Next chest?
Speaker 2: I have got a really bad tramp.
Speaker 6: I've been having really bad primps all week.
Speaker 8: It was probably menstrul screw.
Speaker 6: You melon, terrible. Couldn't start the second inning warm up pitches Oh grabbed us back and that was that. But the Dodgers managed to put it on the Astros to the tune of double digits and get out with a series victory.
Speaker 2: But this is terrible.
Speaker 6: This is terrible.
Speaker 2: Now, Roki Sasaki is gonna be out there looking all freaked out. He's not gonna be the odd man out.
Speaker 6: Maybe we got to talk to him when Snell comes back, maybe we got to talk to him.
Speaker 2: Hey, Roki, what's come on in here?
Speaker 5: We're here to interview.
Speaker 6: We get a little something for you.
Speaker 2: Hey, how'd you like to win a thousand dollars between nine and five every weekday? Your chance to win one thousand dollars every hour on AM five seventy LA Sports is there bonus bucks brought to you by Sweet James Accident Attorneys. He will join us at the end of this hour. We'll talk to the dense beard of Justice at eight hundred and nine Milson or Sweet James dot Com. No game tomorrow, Matt and I will do a full show starting in three and then the Braves and they're hatchet.
Speaker 5: Whoa.
Speaker 2: I can't believe they're still doing it oo. Dodgers of Deck, Dodgers on Deck at six and Ted Turner will not be watching that game on Friday. No, he has passed away. But he is the reason we have twenty four hour media. He's the reason that you wake up in the morning and Stephen A. Smith is yelling about what does this do to Lebron's legacy?
Speaker 6: Talk about my Nicks.
Speaker 2: Clearly Lebron's legacy is being boosted. You get that, and you get things starting at you know, five after the hour. Sure that Turner, you get the colorized classic movies that Turner did. You get the baseball bringing baseball to the globe, and you know what else you get?
Speaker 5: Whoa, whoa?
Speaker 2: I don't like it.
Speaker 3: You think his funeral will start at five after the hour?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 6: Good one, good one, kids, You know what I think it will.
Speaker 2: You know, Turner didn't need Channel two or Channel four. He was happy with Channel seventeen. Channel seventeen. It ws the dill all over the place, Ted Turner.
Speaker 5: Whoa.
Speaker 6: You know we can see a Turner Network television a closer.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and you know what came on right before Risoli and I.
Speaker 6: That's good programming around there.
Speaker 2: You know when Turner would give it to Jane Fonda, he was giving it to her for all of us, that's right.
Speaker 5: Whoa.
Speaker 2: And he was the manager that one time, and he funded all those civil warmings.
Speaker 4: I don't mean to be insensitive decide the Confederate South.
Speaker 6: Because this isn't insensitive at all. What Janes has to qualify whatever he's about to say. But I don't want to be.
Speaker 4: In I know you played Florida State in Tallahassee and they played this Patros. But in high school we were the Indians and Burroughs and when I was on kickoff coverage, the.
Speaker 6: Band would play this.
Speaker 3: Oh you're right, I mean, what are the six to midnight?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 3: You're just breaking out.
Speaker 2: Some let's go.
Speaker 6: So why is that insensitive?
Speaker 3: Well, nowadays it's insensitive. I think it's purple.
Speaker 6: You're still doing.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to run down and knock one of these Armenians guys heads off. That do Bro coming for you? And I do have to say we played Florida State in nineteen ninety eight. That year they ended up winning the title and they threw the flaming spear down on the fifty and played this at Dope Campbell and Bobby.
Speaker 6: Bobby, and I was like, you know, I'm just going home?
Speaker 2: Am I on the kickoff team? Because if I'm not, I'm thinking to just getting meg up this tunnel, start the bus. But you know what, though, that's got nothing on USC fanfair, and it does nothing on USC fanfair. I'm not talking about the spirit of Troy now, Grant this sounds like a song. It might as well be played on a child's recorder or a kazoo. Now, because us he doesn't play Notre Dame but USC fanfare. When they do that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Well, they line up. You know, you're warming up like Kate's and his Burrows UNI, except you're a black guy in a usc union, sure and you and you're warming up and they line up from the fifty to the goal line, the whole band. They start with the drums and then they hit you in the horns and you're doing your little warm up trails and podcast Stanford's on the other side of the fifty. Hey, you know, want to go to messy to you? And you're like a few buddy, hey, girt John coming for you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but then they start playing all right now, and then you're.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, no, no, I don't think they travel them. Actually they did used to travel the band for Stanford. See anyway, God bless the memory of Ted Turner romanticizing the ententebellum South on Turner classic. I can't believe they still do it.
Speaker 3: It's risis Kansas City, it is Atlanta.
Speaker 6: Someone's got to do something about it.
Speaker 2: You're telling me you can take all my money in an Indian casino and I can't go.
Speaker 6: And there guy's got the mohawk and the feather looks like he is going to chase the athene app the brave Watson's mouth.
Speaker 2: His mouth is open with a cry of curdling, bloody cry of war.
Speaker 6: You are done, all.
Speaker 2: Right, real quick, Matt. I got a story for you about Disneyland. We can call this minor sports if you want. You can even call it local knowledge. You can call me Ray. You can call me Ray J.
Speaker 1: Minor sports stories or great sports talk.
Speaker 3: An opio's noo.
Speaker 2: Whenever we talk about Disneyland, Matt, two things happen. One, we almost always get something wrong.
Speaker 6: And we play the main Street electrical parade theme.
Speaker 2: The full on disney Heads just start to pound us and go nuts and correct and retract everything no matter what. We're talking.
Speaker 6: A very strong legal department over there.
Speaker 2: Special Disney Club. The season pass, they always we always sixty how much it costs. It's club thirty three. You know, we always get it wrong. Season pass it's less. If you live in kind of formula, you're a teachers so causeluck Yeah, we always get some bs. Somebody's always got something. It's like Vegas.
Speaker 6: There's what I know. Back in my day, you could spend one hundred and fifty bucks and go every day, no matter true man.
Speaker 2: You know, there's always that guy. Actually, you know, you just we live. I hate it, and I think it's all because there's a child inside of us that wants to talk about amusement parks twenty four seven.
Speaker 3: Matt's right, though he used to be one forty nine ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, facle. The second thing that happens in our conversation, it always devolves into the various Disneyland clubs, like the nerd biker gangs like the Jaffar's harem right, or Lumire's Candlemakers, or our group, the Real Boys, Real Boys, that's us. But that notwithstanding, California announced on Tuesday to our state that they are launching a Disneyland themed license plate that raises money for children's hospital in the state.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's good, good costs correct, right, and it'll probably do well. A lot of people that are the Disney freaks want the plate, I would assume freaks. Yeah, freaks.
Speaker 2: We'll get ready for some bureaucracy. The Treasurer of the State of California announced that the plate will move forward in the DMV approval process once seven five hundred disney freaks joined the pre order interest list.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that probably will happen in fifteen seconds.
Speaker 2: Is a website for that for the disney heads, And then and only then will they approve the design process, and then the Disney freaks can take action. The specialized plate costs fifty bucks if you want to specialize personalized plate. So if you want the Disneyland plate that says I'd break for.
Speaker 6: Earth or whatever, certainly, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's one hundred and three dollars plus annual fees of forty or eighty three dollars respectively, every year every year. Oh right, for the personalized it's eighty three. And of course it is to a good cause. I don't know how much they're giving to the Children's hospital.
Speaker 6: I would hope all forty. God knows. California takes enough from us. Goddamn license and registration fees have gone through the roof. Well, we're making a lot less on the gas tax now with all the evs, so we had to raise your you told us to drive the evs.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 6: My freaking license in red is triple what it was two years ago. Well, there's just not as much gas being because you told us you needed to sell less gas.
Speaker 2: That's why.
Speaker 6: How is my license in red seven hundred and eighty dollars.
Speaker 2: Now, well it's going to be more if you want the disersonalized, if you want real boys, Oh come on four number four l I f E. You want to go yeah, yeah, something like that. So that is the news you want that that personalizing going.
Speaker 6: To be one do you know? Is it gonna be one plate or is it going to be a series? Like oh, I can take the seven Dwarves Disney plate, or I can take the mister told you not listen to the story.
Speaker 2: Once it gets to the once you get seventy five thousand applicants, then then the design process will be approved. Okay, a writing shotgun for the next couple of days. Wait, Ronnie, how is the state allowed to have two official songs?
Speaker 6: I don't know, don That's that's what I read.
Speaker 2: What's the other one?
Speaker 6: I don't know and didn't care. It's immaterial for this particular segment of the show.
Speaker 2: So I know we have Disney freaks that listen to the show. So you people that go out to the you're like, I'm from with the guy that drives the train in Main Street and I'm friends with the fire chief. It may sound high and I'm friends with Coney the Cone dog guy.
Speaker 6: But I believe and I believe this to be true not just for our audience, but the entire state of California. And it may seem like a low number, but it's really obscene when you think about it. I would guess that between three and five percent of our audience will buy Disney personalized plates disney Land, Disneyland personalized plates, disney Land, right, you know, that's what makes it o G. What I really want is California adventure plates. That's what I'm looking for, Utopia for life. That's what my personal life would say. I would say, I got a handy on the people.
Speaker 3: Oh you know.
Speaker 5: Why, dude?
Speaker 3: How do you spell that out in seven letters?
Speaker 2: I got a handy on the people.
Speaker 6: Move the number one? Hn D wise is the ride over already?
Speaker 2: And PM, can we do it again? We'll be right back with the top story of the day. Matt has a Laker take and you're gonna hear it. Next, this is Petrosen.
Speaker 1: Money on Demand, Demand Demand.
Speaker 2: Petrosen Money on m seventy l A Sports You want to laugh Tomorrow, Join your favorite Dodger players at the Sabon Theater in Beverly.
Speaker 5: Hills for Glenn Slam Night of.
Speaker 6: Live Comedy, Dodger Players in Comedy, Tell me more.
Speaker 2: Grand Slam Night of Comedy and Surprises.
Speaker 6: Rise, I'm doing the set.
Speaker 2: Will Smith. WHOA, that's a surprise. Will Smith loves to laugh and joke. Not so hot foot in ted Lily? Has there been such a Dodger jokester on the roster? All Star Catcher the Dodgers, Will Smith. It's also hosted by Ken Jeong.
Speaker 6: Oh, the guy from the Hangover. Yeah he got out of that trunk all naked.
Speaker 2: Kareem guy. Yeah. Tickets on sale, but just for listening to the Petterson Money Show, one lucky winner gets to go courtesy at am five seventy collar sixteen. Right now is going to laugh with Ken Jong and Will Smith. You like it, Will Smith when you put the signal for the fastball, but then they throw the slider ha ha, Ken John's a straight man, Yeah, Will Smill Smith, Robin Williams Rapid Fires Comedy. You can't keep up no for another Shi guy can think on his feet for another chance to win. Good to our Instagram at am five seventy LA Sports to see World Series hero, Will Smith and Ken Jong and a lot of other great comedy at the Live Grand Slam Night of Comedy and Surprises, presented by Will Smith of the Dodgers.
Speaker 6: I heard it's a lot of hits to the groin comedy. That's just it's a whole repertoire of taking shots to the groin there behind the dish well.
Speaker 2: And then I don't want to say, like being one upper like I heard something else too, but I heard there's gonna be cream pies as well well.
Speaker 6: Twelve cream pie talk about a surprise.
Speaker 2: Right to the face.
Speaker 6: Only we could do a remote from there.
Speaker 2: I know somebody bringing a cheeseburger casserole, like right for when Will Smith gets off the.
Speaker 6: Stage, where's your wife? I have something to tell her.
Speaker 2: You know what petrosen Money said. They said that you're not that funny of a guy.
Speaker 6: You said, Can you believe it?
Speaker 2: Can you believe it? All right? It is time for the top story of the day, top story of it.
Speaker 6: Uh. They lost by eighteen. I heard Tim Conway Junie in the moment when the game was in the balance in the third quarter, looked at David Vassa as he was readying to do postgame Dodger talk and said, hey bub, they're gonna cover, Bub. Don't worry, Bub, They're gonna cover. And he was right. The Thunder covered the number. Now maybe Vegas got some of the money back. The Lakers are gonna cover. He meant, the Thunder we're gonna cover. Yeah, he meant the Thunder are gonna But you.
Speaker 2: Say they're gonna cover you, you'll be right. Yes, you'd be like, God, you were right. They did.
Speaker 6: You called it, hey bub, Thunder gonna cover, Hey bub, hey bub. I would assume he had some scratch on the Thunder covering the fifteen and a half. Remember Vegas hemorrhage cash in the Rocket series from all the Laker loving betters that pounced on the long odds. And as we said, fifteen and a half is inordinate. It is an outlier. It was a monster number one that screamed, come take the point. But the Thunder had to play so well to win by eighteen. I mean they really had to play. Won't you take this team lightly? It's a conference semifinal. The Thunder had to play really well. I mean they did not lost the four seed. It's a team that won fifty plus games. And the Lakers le Bron James right there. You guys better be on it. And I will say it did not look lopsided until it was. But that's the difference between a team that has to play absolutely perfect basketball to win by the slimmest of margins and one that has so much depth, so much room for error.
Speaker 2: Well, let's try this shift of guys.
Speaker 6: That their second or at worst third best player can miss the game, their best player can have literally his worst outing of the season, literally his worst game since last year's Game three of the Final, and that team can be up twenty one with thirty seconds to play. That is an obscene amount of error that you can play with.
Speaker 2: Feels like there's a bit of a differential between these two.
Speaker 6: Squads considerable And by now you've heard it plenty. Maybe you heard in the eight am hour with our man Allen Sleewan Hoops Talk eight to nine am, taking your calls eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy and again I'm gonna I'm gonna start with some positives here. Okay, not excuse making, just reality. Lakers once again came in with an exceptional gameplay. James Worthy talked about it. Don McClain has talked about it with us in the past. JJ Reddick, his staff, Nate McMillan, Scott Brooks, two guys with prior NBA Finals experience, trading punches early all the way into the third quarter before it became too much worthy set it to us throughout the season. I mentioned McClain has also put a stamp of approval on it for all the incoming that Reddick took when he was hired, that it was a stamp of approval. A podcast pal from Lebron James. This guy can coach a pretty damn good coach considering how down he is in a talent category that you're able to out coach a former Coach of the Year in the opening round and then craft a game plan that not only limits this year's MVP, who was last year's League and Finals MVP, to his lowest scoring output of the season combined with his season high turnovers of the season. Okay, that deserves a tip of the cap. JJ Redick Tip of the cap eighteen points, seven turnovers for Shay Gilgess Alexander. They doubled him, repeatedly tripled him at times, blitzed him from all spots on the floor. They frustrated Gilgus Alexander into his worst performance of the season, and on top of that, even more impressive, the league's leader and free throw attempts went to the line just three times. It lined up to be the perfect plan to steal game one. Six assists to seven turnovers, didn't crack twenty for the first time this season, and it didn't matter.
Speaker 2: At goddamn bid not one. Iota didn't look like OKC was very uncomfortable. He was still a plus nine. Mark Dagno coached his squad to just fill the gaps. We mentioned it yesterday. Having Rui on Cheed Holmgren was probably not going to be a fair fight, and they repeatedly picked on that one. They went to it over and over and over again. Homegren one of the two big beneficiaries of throwing those multiple bodies at Gilgess Alexander twenty four points, twelve rebounds on the defensive end, three blocks. I don't want to throw too much shade in Rui's direction. At least he was able to almost equalize it. From a scoring standpoint. He had eighteen He shot better than fifty percent from three and from the field, but the defense vic of Black Samurai.
Speaker 6: Was too much of a hit. He was a team worst minus twenty one. The other beneficiary local angle here, Aj Mitchell UCSB, another pot of gold found by Thunder general manager Sam Presty, the best in the business by far. He traded up two spots with the Knicks for Mitchell in the second round of the twenty twenty four draft. Why bring up AJ Mitchell? Why focus on him? Because he went to UCSB and we appreciate basketballers from UCSB. P Let's go gout shows it's because he signed the exact same contract that Bronnie James signed that same year.
Speaker 2: Hey, Bronni got out there last night to brother a.
Speaker 6: Three year, eight point seven million dollars deal is what prest he gave Aj Mitchell and Rob Plinka gave Bronni James. Mitchell's rookie campaign played saw him play well enough in his limited time. He did deal with an injury that kept him out for a couple months like January through April. But last year average seven points, couple boards, couple assists, fifteen minutes per game that earned him postseason minutes and garbage time blowouts. Let's see how you responded these postseason games, mister gaucho, second rounder with your same contract as Bronnie James.
Speaker 2: Hey gatcho.
Speaker 6: Oh oh he's responding well.
Speaker 2: Yes, he seems to be. I saw him out there doing it, saw Reggie Miller talking about him.
Speaker 6: And I'll be damned. Fifteen points on forty five percent shooting from three in the first first round in the sweep of the Suns. Picked right up against the Lakers, twenty eight minutes as a starter, left open all night, poured in eighteen filling in for the injured Jalen Williams. Same contract as Bronni second round pick, three years, eighteen point or eight point seven million dollars.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, I'm told that Browny's earned it. Yeah, that sounds a little more like earning it right to me. When you're talking about you know, I don't want to tell tales out of school, but.
Speaker 6: I've been picked in the second round that signed a two way deal. By the way I should, I should say this, he didn't get the Brownie deal right away. He originally got a two way deal and they were like, you know what, this guy's too good. He's earned it. Let's give him that eight point seven million dollar deal because he showed us that if we don't do that, we might lose him. And he certainly earned it. That's how that worked out.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 6: He certainly filled in for Jalen Williams. Who's filling in for the injured Luka doncie, nobody, that's who. White guys, White guys, pee cannot play in this round of basketball if they're on the Lakers. If you are white, you cannot perform against the defensive effort of your opponent. Reeves looked beat up, an unmitigated disaster.
Speaker 2: Reeves couldn't move Canard.
Speaker 6: Canard, well, he's not cold. I can't say it. I'll upset that guy from Scrubs. I can't say it. In La Rabia Jake, the three white guys were so freaking terrible.
Speaker 2: Saying you open that bottle of block and you're like, oh God, this one's gone bad. This isn't an exciting white at all.
Speaker 6: It's terrible. Austin Reeves, Uh, God, sucked any momentum they might have had and sent them to Loserville.
Speaker 2: But they got it. I mean, if he's available, they got to have that there.
Speaker 6: To try the one miss after another they were critical moments when they could have made it a three or a two point deps a coming or to try to thwart in Oklahoma City run three for sixteen even worse, four critical turnovers, very little on defense. He was on the ground a lot. He fouled. I should say he fought his ass off.
Speaker 2: He did.
Speaker 6: The effort was there, but it was there and kind of a totally overmatched cable guy kind of way. It's just like, hey, that's out there. That guy's really trying out there.
Speaker 2: That is not fair.
Speaker 6: I mean, you saw he's got the behind like I'm gonna I'm gonna take it to the rack here.
Speaker 2: Bostin loved the effort, but you're obviously overmatched.
Speaker 6: He looked lost. His open threes were all short and they were led to runouts. He missed all five attempts that led to those long rebounds and fast break points at one point of seven to nothing run that the Thunder never looked back in the fourth quarter, all while Lebron was sitting at the scorer's table waiting to check in as he watched it all slip away right through his fingers. White guys now also give him credit. He refused to blame the oblique injury and coming back early. Basically just said, yeah, I was terrible, and.
Speaker 2: And Bron was like, we don't have Luca, so.
Speaker 6: Right, we got no Luca. He's got a hammy or something. Don't have his thirty four points. We don't have his thirty seven or thirty five or thirty four, thirty three and a half. It's still thirty three and a half points. You don't have to embellish when the guy's leading the league and scoring at thirty three and a half points, you can catch you thirty three and a half.
Speaker 2: How about just let the media say any of it, Like, don't say any of it, Lebron. Yeah, it's hard not having Luca. Gabron lame, Luke Cernard.
Speaker 6: Magic's gone victory lap that Polinka took for the trade should not be brought up again. It was a nice first two games of the Rocket series that's over. That certainly helped the Lakers of that first round series win. But he was slow to shoot. He was on the court for twenty nine minutes and took four shots. You are out there to shoot and to make shots. He took four, he missed three. He was the second worst on the team minus fourteen since those first two games in Houston. Canard three of sixteen from three in his last five games, and he is averaging thirty three minutes per game and six points. And as bad as that was our final Whitey McGee, Jake La Ravia, Oh Pelinka.
Speaker 2: Did it again?
Speaker 6: Remember the offseason signing of Laravia early year? Does a lot of that's hard start? This is this is the guy.
Speaker 2: Effort, guy like Hartenstein.
Speaker 6: He's like finish Smith, but better is he Now's as hard as it might be to believe that you can be worse than a guy that's gone three for sixteen in his last five games and averaging six points in thirty three minutes, La Ravia is worse. He was not up for it on defense. He only took two shots. He had two terrible turnovers. And for all the regular season excitement and the party in for Palinka and finding another nugget way to go diamond in the rough, La Ravia, it's averaging fifteen minutes in the playoffs giving you three points on thirty five percent shooting. La Ravia, and he is supposed to be the sixth man you know who wasn't who wasn't bringing shame to the white race. Alex Caruso, that's who the guy that they got rid of because of his draft status and his hustle and his inability to show supreme athleticism. All that white guy did was get out there and man up Lebron James and say check out my down. Yeah, check out his trunk. I got the head, bald head got to back this thirty two year old down.
Speaker 2: I dare you, naturally brought his teeky torch it today. I dare you. I'll tell you one white that made me proud to be white Caruso. Let's have some white power.
Speaker 6: That's right, And how about you home Gren with your big head and your skinny body. Because the three Laker whites were terrible. They stunk and I was embarrassed. Well, I did say.
Speaker 2: This morning on the radio. They're like, well, what do you think is gonna happen to the rest of the series, And they said, well, my radio partner said that Homegroun's pretty skinny might get hurt. And you know he's a basketball he likes to talk boop. So you know, did they say good point? Yeah, they were like, oh yeah, yeah, that could happen. Certainly sitters. Well, we'll be right back with Sweet James speaking. A catastrophic injury.
Speaker 6: Who do you went off the bench, coach Jimmy Canard?
Speaker 2: Did his finger pop off? Note on the bone just popped out on.
Speaker 6: The Vandalorian literally broke out of his skin.
Speaker 2: Ah hed to try to swat it so hard. Sweet James will join us next.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna swat this into that white guy in the big carnival cowboy.
Speaker 5: App God oh No.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred and nine million for Sweet James. He'll join us next.
Speaker 1: Southern California's most listened to sports talk show.
Speaker 2: This is Petros Money on.
Speaker 6: Demand Petros Money AM five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. A reminder every day between nine and five pm you have a chance to win one thousand dollars from a five to seventy LA Sports. We call it Bonus Bucks and it's brought to you by the Sweet James Accident Attorney's offices in LA and you can get all that information at sweet James dot com.
Speaker 2: Sweet James joins us right now. The dense beard of Justice, our favorite. He knows the ancient secrets that are necessary to unlock the money you are owed from the insurance company after you've been hurt in an accident. That is what is so special about Sweet Jams.
Speaker 3: Order in the court, Order in the court.
Speaker 2: It's time for justice with Sweet James. Yes, there's only one Sweet James and then there all the time and eight hundred and nine million. That's eight hundred and nine zero zero zero zero zero zero. He's been coming on the show for over a decade and a half. We've had a long, fruitful association. That's truth and truly. He is one of our favorite people out there. Do we talk hot sports takes with him?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: We talk about important things, Matt, the law, important things, the law and how it relates to great sports talk relatables. Uh so, how are you? Sweet James's poppin always my favorite time of the week, man, I'm good, James.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 6: If someone digs and when I say a hole, understand I'm not talking about like a six inch deep hole. I'm talking about they're getting like three feet into the ground, a three foot deep hole on the beach, a shallow like a shallow grin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, all right.
Speaker 6: And then someone else goes out to walk the dog in the morning under the cover of darkness because the sun has not managed to rise yet.
Speaker 2: It's we'll say it's about four fifty am. Let's say so.
Speaker 6: And then let's say that person may be focused beyond the sand at the line of the water and what might be happening out there in the open sea. Yeah, and then that person it feels like their foot like they feel like they're falling to the center of the earth. This fall might never end before they come to the bottom of this hole. Who does that person sue? Oh, they got nothing, nothing, money, nothing.
Speaker 2: The two children burying each other the night before at the beach.
Speaker 6: This thing is like three feet deep and four feet what do you mean to tell me? And they shouldn't have filled that hole at the end of the day when they're doing last checks up and down.
Speaker 8: You have an open and obvious hole in the ground there on the beach. Yes, yeah, it's gonna be nothing there for you, buddy.
Speaker 2: Sorry, but you know it does beg the question.
Speaker 6: Emotional distress man.
Speaker 2: We all grew up in generally the same time, you know. We all watched, you know, generally the same television programs and generally played the same video games. And we were under the impression growing up as people, we talk about this a lot that quicksand was a lot bigger thread than it really is. Like somebody was always getting caught in quicksand and almost time or god forbid, actually being swallowed up by the ground in a quicksand situation really does not seem to be the issue that we all were raised to believe to be watching, you know, Land of the Lost and stuff like that. Have you ever run in to any kind of quicksand like Matt who fell almost like you hear core of your earth? Have you ever dealt with any kind of quicksand situation?
Speaker 8: I've had some crazy stuff over twenty five days, zero quicksandand what about a well, I've had people fall through skylight.
Speaker 6: There's some drywall.
Speaker 8: Orf yeah, roofs Okay, that's what it said.
Speaker 6: Can we quick stand now? Can we sue the the folks that made all those cartoons with the quicksand in the movies for emotional distress? For like fraud Dragon.
Speaker 2: Gave us?
Speaker 6: How many sleepless nights?
Speaker 8: How many times have we stopp dropping roll?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 8: I have No one's ever caught fire like that? Yeah, Leah, let's go ahead, and we'll take down to a Baba about the great.
Speaker 2: American shakeout with an earthquake that we always did. Him has a question the remember that, Tim, Tim's got a question.
Speaker 3: See James.
Speaker 4: I learned this over the weekend by by default. I guess we're going to dinner and we were crossing the street. I said, we can't cross here, girls, it's jaywalking. We have to go to the crosswalk about forty feet away. And my daughter, who's eighteen and knows everything, said no, no, no, that's no longer a ticket anymore.
Speaker 3: You can jaywalk all you want.
Speaker 4: So of course I asked my brother in law, who is a police officer, and he said, the Freedom to Walk Act in twenty twenty three pass AB two one four seven prohibits police now from stopping or ticketing pedestrians for jaywalking unless there's an immediate danger of a collision.
Speaker 3: So we can just walk where we want now.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is a what the both ways and forty cross Yeah, but if you get hit, it's going to go against you. Like if if you walk cross street and you get hit, the defense going to be like, hey, they were jaywalking. They were out in the middle of the road, and you'll say I wasn't looking or I didn't see you, then that's going to work against you.
Speaker 8: But yes, criminally, here your ear you don't have you don't have to look and go down the crosswalk. But civilly, he is still going to come into play even now.
Speaker 6: There's a flip side of that, right, sweet James, Because I saw they had a sting operation. The l a p D has a sting operations. It was chicken ass where they were pulling people over and ticketing them for not stopping when people crossed outside of the crosswalk and letting them get completely across the street. I can fight that.
Speaker 8: Ticket right seeing that I hadn't seen that.
Speaker 6: So that's a BS right, That is some bs bs exactly right there all right now, Yeah, I got one more for you, sweet James. We all have these hero dreams, right, And so I'm reading the news and I see that that guy that caused that terrible accident that led to a fatality on the ten tried to run away way and some people freaking tackled his ass and held him there till the tops. Yes, like the nightstalker. Uh if if you do that and you get to be the hero. And let's say that you tackle that guy and you decide to give him a little extra you like, decide to press that face into the asphalt. Citizens are ass citizens arrass but you know, I'm gona give them a little extra, a little bit of need to the side of.
Speaker 2: The Hell if that's what the citizen, If that's what the citizenry thought necessary to do.
Speaker 6: The suspect, what what? What do you suspect, Mike. Let's say he decides to file a lawsuit against the Good Samaritans, saying excessive forces. He got a case there, How does that work?
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, he would have a case and the DA could prosecute a criminal drug.
Speaker 8: But you tell me that's going to convict.
Speaker 6: Right, let's take it to the jury. Let's take it to the Jerry phrase your fame to another level as you tell your tale on the stand.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 7: They will be some saber rattling, but at the end of the day, the good will be victorious.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there's some saber rattling.
Speaker 6: When I said a little bit of extra, Cas poked his head in the window. It took us elbow, right, give him.
Speaker 2: Give him the old one. Two, Give me the old frenister.
Speaker 6: The old elbow on the back of the head.
Speaker 2: Well, there'll be some saber rattling, but what really is to be done? Nothing? Nothing nice. My barrister will take care of this presser on the courthouse steps. After that, A Sweet James the deads Beard in justice eight hundred and nine million. Nobody handles things better than Sweet James. He is our hero. Thank you, Sweet James. We hope you have a great day you too, love me too. There goes Sweet James, and we'll be back with more Petros. Send money on this. We just won't be defeated. Wednesday, another hour of great sports talk still to come The fun Fact Quick Hits coming up next.