Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses, the only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can.
Speaker 4: They printing money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue. It's not fair are making plans again.
Speaker 5: It's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 6: Now your pregame host of the World Champion La Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, and good afternoon. Welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on this Sunday, June the twenty eighth, as you're back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers sit all alone atop the NL West, first place of the division. At fifty three and thirty. They are nine games up over the San Diego Padres. After splitting the first two games with the Pods. The Dodgers go for the series winning San Diego today. Emmett Shean on the mound for pitching. Petco Park is coming up at one ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to cover here on Moronggo Casino Dodgers on Deck. You're gonna hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts. Coming up in about twenty minutes. We'll hear from Dodger catcher Chucky Robinson, who's behind the plate today, will preview this pitching matchup your Dodgers magical moment, your Otani Rewind. We of course get checking with Charlie Steiner coming up at about thirty minutes. Tavid Vesse checks in throughout the hour, of course, is our Dodger insiders. Shortly, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson as you see her on sports Net LA. And it's just a few minutes out to Steven Nelson and Rick Monday in the Galloping Forward broadcasts. Well, last night was one of those old fashioned butt kickings that the Dodgers gave the San Diego Padres, scoring fifteen runs on seventeen hits while Yoshinobu Yamamoto navigated his way through six solid innings to pick up the win. The Dodger scored early, and they scored off in last night. Whether it was the opener heart or whether it was against Randy Vasquez doesn't matter. The bullpen for the Padres took a beating as well. It all began in the top of the second when Tommy Emmon doubled in Max Munsey, giving the Dodgers a one to nothing lead. They fast forward to the bottom of the fifth inning, Yamamoto got touched up for a solo home run to Gavin Sheets that tied the game at one. And then the top of the sixth inning, with the score tied at one, the Dodgers put together one of those big innings and put up a big crooked number up on that scoreboard. And it all started with Freddie Freeman scored on an air as the Dodgers took a one to nothing lead. Then Tommy Eman tripled to right scoring Max Munsey that made it a three to one game. Then up came Kyle Tucker, who has been struggling, but struggling.
Speaker 2: No more, and for Tucker, Dodgers really been waiting him to lock in all year. Outside a two week stretch. The ninth pitcher basque is Tucker hits.
Speaker 7: A high drive to right field forget about it long gone for a two.
Speaker 1: Run shot.
Speaker 8: And perhaps perhaps Moe, Today's the day that Kyle Tucker truly starts his twenty twenty sixth season five one Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Kyle Tucker goes deep, the two run home run for Tucker, his seventh of the year. The Dodgers with a five to one lead. But folks, they were just getting started. Then Dalton Rushing got to go with the solo home right four hundred feet to right center field. It was a six to one lead. Then Freddie Freeman, Hey, you don't have to hit a home run to score run. How about an RBI groundout scoring Alex Freeland. That madeed seven to one. Then runners on for Red Hot Mookie Bets.
Speaker 2: Ah, not you and his one one pitch, Bets listen to the ear left center field, back toward the wall.
Speaker 7: This ball ise got a home run four Mookie Bets. He has hit a homer in three straight games. And the Dodgers have blowed in wide open.
Speaker 9: In the sixth, well, we mentioned open up the floodgates, they got all of them open.
Speaker 3: Mookie Betts with the three run home run, his third game in a row that he has gone deep. The Dodgers put a ninth spot on the board in the top of the six to take a ten to one lead, and they were just getting started. They weren't done. Up ten to three in the eighth, Dodgers would tack on four more. They tacked on one more in the ninth. Miguel Rojas pitched the bottom half of the ninth inning in what was a blowout game. The Dodgers go on to win in fifteen to three. Mookie Betts homers, drives in three. Tommy Edmond red Hotson's coming off the injured list two for four, drives in three. He's now hitting three seventy nine. Kyle Tucker is this a sign of things to come? Three for five a home run, drives in four. As the Dodgers bottom half of the lineup months he Edmund Tucker rushing in Freeland, had a big game for the Dodgers. They win fifteen to three. Yoshinobu Yamamoto improves to eight and five on this season, and with the win, the Dodgers now fifty three and thirty. They built a nine game lead in the division, with the chance to extend that today with Emmett Sheen on the mount in the rubber game of this three games set first bitch A one ten and with more we head out to the gallop before broadcast both as we say hello and good afternoon to Steven Nelson and Rick Monday. Guys.
Speaker 2: All right, Tim, we're joining you once again from Petco Park, the series finale and the rubber game of this three game series for the Dodgers and Padres and Mole. What a Saturday night it was for the Dodgers, especially offensively. They scored ten plus runs for the thirteenth time this year, and that's the third time they put up fifteen runs in a game.
Speaker 10: You know what.
Speaker 9: I like, they're playing so well. You're actually happy about it. I can hear it in your voice. Hopefully it's going to be the same way it happens always Sacramento. Yeah, and there's a reason to be. I mean, not only the offense, but then you look at Yashonobo Yamamoto. I mean, another six innings, this sterling performance, two runs on five hits, not reallysed but he retired the first six batters that he faced in the ball games. This Dodger ballclub, I mean, it's amazing what they're able to do. I mean, they've scored four hundred and thirty nine runs this year. Okay, fine, they've given up just two hundred and eighty nine. I mean, the numbers are really lopsided on that end of it and for the offense to go and along with the pitching and the defense, which gets overlooked. We talk about it man many times, but that was just a terrific performance last night and hopefully they had some runs saved up to score today.
Speaker 2: You know, well, the Dodgers have the most wins in baseball right at fifty three and thirty now top the division, nine games clear of San Diego in the Division. But another impressive aspect of the season so far is how good the Dodgers have been bouncing back from a loss. They are now twenty one and nine after losing a game, and that's the best market major League Baseball.
Speaker 11: They just do not let els carry over that offen.
Speaker 9: We're around this team, steven and their expectations are probably higher than people on the out side looking in. They come to the ballpark not with the expectations of winning a game. They come in with really dominating in the game. And they're able to do that on a steady basis. So they've got some guys that are swinging the bat much better. Miokie Benz has been off the charts. Freddy Freeman swinging the bat very well. Andy Pajz has had a good series, three for seven with three walks on top of that. That's something we haven't been seeing a guy that gets lost in the shuffle.
Speaker 4: Tommy Edmund.
Speaker 9: Since he's come off the injured list, the nine games that he's played, Tommy Edmund has hit three seventy nine eleven hits twenty nine advance and he knocked in runs last night.
Speaker 2: Oh put on a per show for his hometown team, or in front of his hometown ballpark here down in San Diego and Kyle Tucker. That was his first three hit game since the Dodgers were in Arizona at the beginning of the month.
Speaker 11: That was an effort sorely needed.
Speaker 2: I'm very interested to see what kind of game he has this afternoon.
Speaker 11: Tucker. Can he back it up? We talked about how we loved the.
Speaker 2: Swing right the home run on the ninth pitch of his at bat yesterday. Well, Tucker said after the game he didn't like his swing yesterday. He just happened to time it up perfectly. So he's still searching for it. But I think it's imperative for him to have a second consecutive good game as opposed to like oh god, a three hit.
Speaker 11: Game and then an over something like that. But I think you overlooked.
Speaker 9: The main part is the fact he talked about his timing. If you don't have a good swing, you're not gonna have the good timing. So take it for face value. And I'm pretty sure that he looked at some video last night after the ballgame, or looked at it again this morning.
Speaker 2: Well, when the Dodgers were here in May, tim they lost the opener and then won the next two to take the series. They have a chance to do the same thing here at the end of June. The series finale coming up shortly. We'll join you a little bit later with a key from mo All right.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Nelly. As we counting down to first pitch on this Sunday, Dodger fans lunchtime. What you're doing by getting that game? Day me a lot at Shakey's Pizza Parlor, Shaky's Pizza Mojo's right now, shakeyas dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from David Vasse. We'll also check in with Dodger manager Dave Roberts. Get his pregame thoughts. Chuck, you Robinson behind the plate today for the Dodgers. David vasagoes high and tight with the Dodger catcher. Latest on the injury front. Got your Dodgers magical moment. We'll break down this pitcheet match up. But up next show Taani Rewind and we visit with Sports in LA's Kirsten Watson get her thoughts on this set down in San Diego. Where the Dodgers standing. That offensive explosion last night from the Dodger Blue that's all coming up. We lead you up to Dodgers and Padres on this Sunday. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kates. Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers on your network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunt game.
Speaker 1: On your home for La. Dodgers faceball It.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Padres rubber game of this three game set. Dodgers exploder for fifteen runs last night. Can they give Imma she and that run support? Today we'll find out Sheen and Michael King. The pitching matchup, first pitch set for one ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani Rewind.
Speaker 2: Joey Singleton scored his last time up. He's one for four tonight. On one one he winds up base hit into center field. A multi hit game for Showhy.
Speaker 4: This year.
Speaker 2: That is multi hit effort number twenty six for Old Tony.
Speaker 3: Show Hey Otani. He goes two for five last night, now creeping up near three hundred on the season, hitting two ninety six with a four to twelve on base percentage. She scored two of the dodgers fifteen runs last night and a blowout fifteen to three win over the Padres.
Speaker 6: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston, Watson.
Speaker 3: And Kirson now joins us from San Diego. Brought to you by Cars for Kids Tony now Cars for Kids dot org. That's cars with a K. All right, last night, Carrison fifteen run scored by the Dodgers, had a couple of those big innings, including a nine run six inning, but overall a good night for the Dodgers offense and a good night for a couple of players looking to get back on track.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and just to like string some things together when you look at the offensive and even that six inning, as you mentioned, everyone got involved, and of course there was the back to back home runs from Kyle Tucker and Dalton rushing for Kyle. He had a three hit game. He afterwards, when he spoke about it, he was pretty honest. He was like, you know, I didn't necessarily love those swings, but he obviously loved the results. He loved how he was kind of able to turn the work, and he's been putting a lot of work in the cage after the games, things like that to get back on track. So there were parts of the at bats that he did really appreciate, but specifically, like in that nine pitch at bat, he just felt that was one that in the past would have been ended earlier due to just him being able to make the contact that he wants to. Granted, he was grateful that he was able to get through the nine on that ninth pitch hit the whole run, so the results were there and he was pleased with that, but he wants to not have such a long at bat to get the results that he actually does, so for him, the hope is he can just kind of keep building on that, continued to string together hit so it's not like he's having a big game and then quiet in between before another big game, which is kind of what we've been seeing from him as of late. And then the other guy that was able to just build on some confidence and kind of have really a big swing was Dalton Rushing And as I mentioned, he and Kyle had the back to back home runs. And what was so great about that one it was it was a mechanical thing that actually Dave Roberts saw. He brought it to a Dalton's attention immediately after a second that bat pulled out the iPad going through the footage with him and was like, it's the small thing. If you can just make a small adjustment, then obviously he had the big swing. And even Dalton was laughing.
Speaker 1: He was like, who knew?
Speaker 12: All it took was Dave Roberts to see something and bring the iPad to me. Now he's a hitting coach. So the hope is that Dalton obviously not in the lineup today, but the hope is that guys, especially like those two, they can just continue to build on what they were able to do in that confidence feeling they were having at the plate yesterday.
Speaker 3: Now we fast forward to today, the Dodgers looking to get the series win, and a guy on the mound who the Dodgers really need to stand tall and rise to the occasions.
Speaker 12: Imageian it is and Emmett, you know, when you look at this season, it hasn't been ideal for him. There have been outings, think about like the Chicago White Sox one and even the Arizona one where he has been really good, but maybe it was like that final inning of work where they were able to get to him a third time through the order. And then there have been other ones where he's unable to get through four, like his last outing against the Orioles and so where it was truly a grind from the beginning. So what we've been seeing from Emmett is just it's clear that he's been working through a few mechanical things. He's looking to have that certain feel. When I spoke to him yesterday, he said what he feels has been missing has just been his execution, and so he wants to get back to that now. He did share that he had a really good bullpen heading into this outing and being able to watch the first two games. He said he really appreciates coming after Yoshi Nobu because obviously how they pitch is different, but ultimately how Yoshio, who's so meticulous, and how he chooses to navigate through the opposing lineup into Emmett was sharing that it's really valuable for him to be able to see how he navigates here. He has his own game plan, but to kind of be able to see how he was reading there at bat. So, you know, the hope is obviously Yoshi was excellent yesterday and the hope is that he can build off of that. But also he's going up against some one and Michael King, so likely the hope is for them to have a picture's duel and so and then even some run support for him.
Speaker 6: It would be ideal.
Speaker 3: But Dave said, he's.
Speaker 12: Got runway, He's not going anywhere, but they do want him to just get some more confidence on the mound.
Speaker 3: Let's hope that starts today with a good outing from Ematt. Here's who we appreciate it. Will check you with you after the game. Still, they come here on Wrongo because you know, Dodgers on deckl dive Zieger into this spitchy matchup. David checks in with CHUCKI. Robbin said, who's behind the plate today? With up next a injury report and we'll get the pregame. Gods to the Dodger manager Dave Roberts. If it leads up to Dodgers and Padres on this Sunday, I'm t Keses the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue.
Speaker 1: All Season law.
Speaker 3: Burgo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Sunday, as we'd lead you up to first pitch from Petco Park, It's the Dodgers and Padres Morongo Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam four good times, Daman She and Michael King the pitching matchable dive deeper into the numbers coming up in just a little bit. First pitch, one time.
Speaker 1: It's the La Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Injury report here sent up by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Will Smith on the IEL with the next information to ask her Hernandez had to come off the IEL tomorrow and the Dodgers head up to Northern California to Sacramento to take on the athletics. Keyk Hernandez on the IL with the oblique injury. Tyler Glass now Blake Snell, both on the IL trying to work their way back to Blake Snell is closer certainly as he continues to throw and now start throwing bullpen sessions. David Vesse updated us yesterday on his status and a possible return in six weeks. Evan Phillips is trying to get us way back into this Dodger bullpen as well. Let's head back out to San Diego and check out with the Dodger Skipper. Answer the questions for Dave, Dave?
Speaker 10: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 6: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 13: I think that obviously we think the world of Emmett. He's got really good stuff. You know, there's been times where it's good until it's not. So I think the main thing is, yeah, this is just a good opportunity for me go out there and you know, give us a chance to win a series.
Speaker 5: Is there a reason why he hasn't been able to put together a complete start because he's had moments and then there seems to be an inning that goes sideways, whether it's earlier or late.
Speaker 13: You know, I don't know the answer, but that is the true truth, you know, I don't know if it's a it's uh, you know you're losing your focus, you know, unwarranted walks or some unluckiness. I don't know the answer, but the bottom line is that you know, it's been a while since he's put together from start to finish, a good quality outing, and you know we're looking forward to seeing it today.
Speaker 3: All right, there's Dave Roberts hoping to see something positive about it. Image. When we come back here on Maronggo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll check in with Davidsea as Dave Roberts is getting closer to a milestone. We love the latest on that, so we lead you after first pitch from San Diego. I'm Tim Kates' is the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were saying, yes, it's Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Padre Image. She and Michael kingdopitching matchut first pitch coming up at one ten from Petco Park. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by El Pato, born in LA and made for your game. Dale Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, all the salsas and the hot sauces right to your plate, El Pato Gourmet and a.
Speaker 1: Can joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bass.
Speaker 3: Right DV Dave Roberts zeroing in on a milestone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he actually cut me off when I was asking him about it earlier today because Dave roberts first managerial win in twenty sixteen was here on Opening Day against the Padres, and since the Dodgers beat San Diego last night scoring fifteen runs, that score back in twenty sixteen with Kershawn on the mound was a shutout, fifteen to nothing. But Dave Roberts is just three wins away from career one thousand menagerial wins. And on the last homestand Tim there was a scene that not many people saw, and that was Dave Roberts during batting practice talking to Alex Freeland and Ryan Ward just getting them back in line with a type of hitting approach that he wanted and trying to just coach them up. And not many managers would do that, considering who they have on their team where the teams that record wise, But I had a chance to ask Ryan Ward about that conversation and the way it went and how much it meant to him.
Speaker 14: I mean, even just had conversation alone, just like pulling you aside and talking through a bats and just knowing that he has support, support behind you and he believes in you. Was that specials That makes you feel really good as a player. To know that he's behind you and believes in you and trust you, whether you're going great or you're.
Speaker 10: Kind of going through it.
Speaker 14: Like, to know that he's behind you and believes in you is huge.
Speaker 10: And that's kind of what that was.
Speaker 14: Was just a little positive reinforcement talking through of hats, seeing where I was at, talking about different strategies we can have going forward from there, and just that he believes in us and to continue keep going really don't like put pressure on ourselves and just keep having fun.
Speaker 5: I mean, for a guy that has managed three World championships, has a lot of big name veterans he has to manage as well. For him to take the time, is that the biggest thing that he actually cares.
Speaker 14: Oh absolutely, I mean just to take that time alone in general is a special thing, and it makes the players feel good, makes you feel confident believing yourself, knowing that that your manager believes in you. And I got no other words for it, Like he just makes you feel really good. And he's a special manager. And like you said, he has three World Series and to take his time out of the day for the new guys that are coming up and just continue to push you to be your best is really cool and it's something that I respect.
Speaker 5: And being around Dave since day one, Tim he really has grown into this job because he had never managed before in his careers. So you think back now, it's been eleven years, a lot of players have come and gone, there's been a lot of disappointments, there's been a lot of success, and through that all, he really has come to have owned this job, owned this position enough so to be able to help guys like Ryan Ward and Alex Freeland just as much as he would help Freddie Freeman or Mookie Betts.
Speaker 3: He has certainly come along with David, we appreciate it. Well, check in with you in just a little bit. Davis brought to by Ford here for those who build America, especially those who believe that given everything today. We'll pay off tomorrow and right now. Ford is offering employee pricing to everybody. Yes, everyone, American value for American Values. Cleo Sounthn California Fort Dealer today or visit by Ford Now dot com. Still to come here. On Dodgers on Deck, we're gonna hear from Chuckie Robinson. We'll to have deeper to this pitchy matchup. But up next your Dodgers Magical Moment. Don't you go anywhere? Dodgers and Padres on this Sunday. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Padres. The rubber game of this three game set. Dodger scored fifteen runs last night to win the game fifteen to three. I Machine on the mount today. First pitch coming up at won ten. I know it's all without a hot dog who wants a hot cut.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment.
Speaker 6: Ditch Magical Magic Presents by Hawfy hotsh.
Speaker 3: We go back to September twelfth, twenty twenty one his time in a Dodger uniform was brief Max Scherzer on the mound against the Padres, and he set a career milestone wearing Dodger blue.
Speaker 15: Cures are three balls, two strikes, osper the hitter, here's the pitch, cook on and miss strike three. Three thousand strikeouts from Max Sureser, becoming the nineteenth pitcher in Major League history to enter that very exclusive club. A standing ovation inside Dodger Stadium, Max Schurzer into the history books.
Speaker 3: Three thousand career strikeouts for Max Scherzer wearing a Dodger uniform back in September twenty twenty one, striking out Eric Hosmer in the top half of the fifth innie, Max Scherzer becomes the nineteenth pitcher in MLB history to reach three thousand k's. This Hafey magical moment brought to by Hofey hot Dogs, Haffey Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hofey hot Dogs, Local and so great. Well we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We all check out with Charlie Steiner. It leads up to first pitch Dodgers and Padres from San Diego I'm Tim Kas's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech on your home for the blue season.
Speaker 3: Long Dodgers and Padre is getting ready to square off from Petco Park.
Speaker 10: Image.
Speaker 3: She and Michael King to bitching matchup time Now for the Verizon startup is we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your So Calvverison store today we say hello to Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 15: All right, Tim, the Dodgers get ready for Game eighty four, getaway day from San Diego.
Speaker 4: Next stop up to Sacramento.
Speaker 15: Dodger fan mel Brooks turns one hundred to day.
Speaker 4: A long time Dodger fan.
Speaker 15: Babe Ruth hit three hundred and eighty of his seven hundred and fourteen home runs after mel Brooks was born.
Speaker 4: And with that the Dodgers.
Speaker 15: At fifty three and thirty the best record in Baseball nine in front of San Diego after the trouncing last night, the Padres.
Speaker 4: At forty three and thirty eight find themselves in second place.
Speaker 15: I said, forty three and thirty eight, the Padres would be tied for the White Sox in the America League Central for first place. Well, that's a scene said going in with Sheen and King Golling this afternoon, your look back last night on the Dodgers and what they did offensively, and once again Yamamoto with an outstanding pitching performance.
Speaker 4: But the story last night certainly was.
Speaker 9: The offense, no question about it, Charlie Yamamoto. Though it kind of sens the tone to begin with, I mean, he retires the first six batters that he faces, Dodgers going off to the early lead RBI single by Tommy Edmond to give the Dodgers the lead early in the ballgame. This is the ball club, the Dodgers. When you start to look at other teams around the league's it's amazing. Dodgers have scored four hundred and thirty nine runs. They've allowed only two hundred and eighty nine, So they're not really battling a whole lot as far as runs that they are allowing. Other teams give up a lot of runs. In fact, for San Diego they get up more runs than they have scored, which is a big, big.
Speaker 4: Burden for ball club.
Speaker 9: But you combine this offense, what is doing right now for this Dodger back club, It is really something to behold.
Speaker 15: The Dodgers run differential is plus one hundred and fifty. The next highest plus one twenty one by Milwaukee. The Padres, as you mentioned, they've been outscored by eleven. So the Dodgers, you don't. They're flexing their muscles and.
Speaker 4: Getting just about everything done right.
Speaker 15: They have a better road record at twenty seven and sixteen coming into the game today. Then the Padres have a home record which is twenty three and twenty. The Dodgers on a pace to win one hundred and four last night, tied at one after five, but then from the sixth inning on the Dodgers fourteen runs, twelve hits, three home runs, six straight extra base hits, four walks. The third time this season the Dodgers have scored fifteen runs and the fourth time they had as many as seventeen hits.
Speaker 4: Boy, they did flex their muscles.
Speaker 9: Yeah, how about these numbers also, Charlie, I think it puts a little bit more perspective. You know, I talk so much about runners in scoring position because they're scoring opportunities, and if you let them go to the wayside, you wind up on the bad side of a win or a loss. But on this road trip, in the in the five games that they have played, the Dodgers have had fifty six advanced with runners in scoring position. The opposing teams combined the three in Minneapolis in the two so far here in San Diego they've had combined just twenty five, so more than double the opportunities, and that just sets the stage to score more runs, quite frankly.
Speaker 15: Yeah, And last night the Dodgers went eight for fifteen with runners in scoring position. Nine batters had at least to hit, nine scored at least a run, All nine starters reach base and the bottom half of the lineup, hitters five through eight, Muncie, Edmund, Tucker and Rushing want to combine eight for eighteen, couple of home runs, four extra base hits, six runs scored, nine RBIs. And so the Dodgers, again, the story in this series against the Padres, it's been all offense and pretty much all the time.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, another offshoot just thinking about that too, is that with the Dodgers having the lead, that they were able to Garner last night ten to one, going to the bottom of the sixth inning. That allowed Dave Roberts to give a breather after six innings, So you kind of saved the work because he's been a workhorse.
Speaker 4: I mean, he comes on.
Speaker 9: He has now thrown ninety seven and two thirds inning by far the most of the Dodger pitching staff as far as the starters go on that end of it. So he got a breather at the back end. And what a job he's been doing. So yeah, the stage has said and the Dodgers need a very good outing by Immachian. He has been struggling. He struggled his last outing that he had to begin with. And on the road the era is above five and a half, so the big thing's hopefully coming his way today.
Speaker 15: The Yamamoto's twelfth quality starr in fifteen outings. He won six innings last night, a couple of runs, five hits. Now as a record of eight and five and a two sixty seven ERA, holding opponents to a one ninety four batting average. You mentioned Sheen looking for a good outing against a really tough right hander, Michael King. She in three and five, five thirty two e r A King five and six and a three thirty three er rubber game of the three game series Dodgers and Padres.
Speaker 3: Coming up, Tim, All right, thank you Charlie as we get you ready for first pitch. Dodgers Baseball presented by uniclod Field at Dodgers Dadya visit unicloi dot com slash us Still they come here on Dodgers on DAK will dive deeper to this pitching matchup Stephen Nelson. Rick Monday gets to his keys of the game. But up next we go high and tight with today's starting catcher, CHUCKI. Robinson. He has come in and played well in the absence of Will Smith, who's still on the injury list. We'll hear from Chucky. Next, Dodgers and Padres at one ten. I'm Tim kass Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers. All do you know where?
Speaker 6: Thank as we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's a Dodgers and Padres one and final time from San Diego in the rubber game of this three game set. And she and Michael King the pitching matchup. We'll dive deepen in the numbers between these two guys. Coming up in just a few minutes. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor lunchtime. What you do on the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast is Shakey's Pizza Parlor. When it's game day, it's group day at Shakey's dot Com.
Speaker 6: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tugged.
Speaker 5: All right, we'll join right now by the Dodgers backup catcher who obviously has had a whirlwind of a season back with the Dodgers, getting his first hit and a Dodger uniform on this road trip. And that's the one and only Chucky Robinson. Chucky, thanks a lot for the time, appreciated.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I appreciate being here, man.
Speaker 5: I feel like we barely know you. That's part of like this whole process of getting to know who you are and what you're about, what makes you tick.
Speaker 4: What's the experience been like for you.
Speaker 16: I mean it's been awesome, you know, being able to you know, get back up and help the squad out. You know that this is why you play the game. So I'm having a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: What's it like being on this team in this clubhouse with these players.
Speaker 16: I mean it's awesome. You know, first and foremost, everybody's really cool. You know, everybody's good people. And then you add the talent behind it. You know, it's been a fun experience as.
Speaker 5: Far being a Dodger catcher is not being like a catcher on another team from what I understand, next level game planning, knowing that picture catcher relationship, what's that process been like for you?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I mean they definitely have all the resources you could imagine, you know, to be prepared for the game. And then the relationship part of it. I mean that's what I value the most. So I try to go out early and you know, catch bullpens, play catch with a lot of guys, just have conversations because I think the most important thing for me is building those relationships, maintaining them and just learning from each outing.
Speaker 5: Being around you more than I've ever been around you in your career. When you catch those bullpens, you are doing it with a purpose. You got that gear on, you are ready to go, oh.
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, you have protection first I needed to have I need to have my gear on. But but but yeah, and it goes deeper than you know, just just catching the bullpens, you know, kind of getting the mind of the pictures and know what they want to do, know what they like, understand what they're working on. And then sometimes you know, you end up, you know, talking about the last last outing and how we can adjust and things like that.
Speaker 5: How much do you talk baseball with these guys in the dugout even when you're not catching.
Speaker 16: I mean, I think that's a huge part too, you know, watching the game, you know, when you're not playing every day, watching the game is huge because that's where all the information is at. So paying paying attention to the game, and then if I know who I'm catching in advance, then I'll get with him and we'll kind of game plan, you know, throughout the series.
Speaker 5: Ki Robinson is our guest in front of first pitch. The Dodgers are not going to have Will Smith for a little bit longer, Chucky. That gives you a lot more runway to be here with Dalton rushing. When you realize the the dangers I guess or part of the hazards of being a catcher. What is it about this position that drew you to it?
Speaker 16: I mean you're in I mean originally because you're in every play. You know, when you're a little kid, you don't want to be an outfield, but yeah, I'm in every play.
Speaker 10: I'm engaged and I love this position.
Speaker 5: Now with the abs and the pitch framing. You are one of those catchers, like a lot of them, that go down on your on your knees when you receive pitches. What's the thought process with that and your generation of catchers, especially now that you know, maybe pitch framing is not as emphasized as it was before.
Speaker 16: I mean, I think from the catcher's perspective of framing is still like a pretty pretty big part of it, you know, And it's still a pretty big measurable in the position. And when I first started out, I was on two feet, so I have to kind of transition into the into the one knee style. But I definitely think to give you a leverage you're at the bottom of the zone. Yeah, and I think guys like the target too.
Speaker 5: So I guess with only two challenges, the framing is still a big part of it now that you mention it, because you don't want to waste your challenges and you want to be able to present pitches and strikes the same way.
Speaker 10: No, yeah, exactly, I want to.
Speaker 16: I want to present the pitches the best I can to the Empire and use the challenges as strategic strategic as possible.
Speaker 5: Is the bottom of the zone still the biggest point of emphasis?
Speaker 16: I mean yeah, you just the lever starts from the ground and you work from the ground up, so it all starts there and then kind of just try to funnel everything back to the middle.
Speaker 5: All right, CHECKI Robinson. Before I let you go, some rapid fire questions growing up? Who is your favorite.
Speaker 10: Player Benito Santiago?
Speaker 5: You ever throw runners out from your knees like Santiago?
Speaker 10: I have? Yeah? Yeah, nice, nice? All right? Favorite food Italian food? Oh yeah, pasta pizza, pizza. Okay.
Speaker 5: Who's been your favorite teammate over the course of your professional career?
Speaker 10: Favorite teammate, I would say.
Speaker 5: Ryan Ward's over there, so don't be nervous.
Speaker 10: I would say Ronnie Dawson.
Speaker 4: Ronie, Who's that.
Speaker 16: We were drafting the same draft class back in twenty sixteen with.
Speaker 10: The Houston Astros.
Speaker 16: Still friends, Yeah, friends, So this day I talked to him this morning.
Speaker 5: Do you still return text messages now you're a catcher with the Dodgers or do you gost more people now?
Speaker 16: I mean, I've never been good at texting, but I'll call everybody. I'm so the same dude. I've had the same numbers since the sixth grade.
Speaker 5: So wow, yeah, all right, wow the Robinson's led Chuck, you have a phone in sixth grade? How about that? Responsible guy? Thanks a lot for the time. Great sharing you with Dodger fans and stay healthy, keep it going.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 4: There he goes.
Speaker 17: Today's starting catcher, Chuckie Robinson has been our guest and he'll receive a gift card to the Applo Grill and Burbank and Upscale relaxed spot with a great bar and great steaks.
Speaker 5: Tim, we'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: It was great to get to know CHUCKI Robinson a little bit more. Dodger catcher who is starting behind the play today. As we leads up to first pitch, Dodgers and Padres up. Next, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Padres on this Sunday, Dodgers going for the series, weighing down in San Diego. These two teams will square off four more times at Dodgers Stadium, beginning on Thursday night. This is a final time these two teams will square off at Petco Park this year. First pitch coming up at one.
Speaker 6: Ten and now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup, brought.
Speaker 3: To you by your Toyota Dealers. We make it easy. Michael King five and six with a three thirty three ero. Hasn't been easy this year for the thirty one year old right Henry is now in his eighth season in the big leagues, his third with the Padres. He was primarily a reliever with the Yankees before getting traded to San Diego. Making a seventeen start this year. He has gone at least five innings and fourteen starts this year. His most recent outing on Monday against the Braves, Michael King got back on the winning track with seven shutout innings of six hit ball, He struck out five didn't walk anybody in a one nothing victory. Across his last six starts since May twenty fourth, though, Michael King is just one in four with an ERA north to five and has seen his season long ERA rise from two thirty one to three thirty three. He was tagged with the loss in three consecutive outings just for the second time in his career. Today is his eighth appearance against the Dodgers. He's four to oh with a three pin fifteen ERA and a one ninety seven at batting average against. Earlier this year, Dodgers saw him back on May eighteenth, he tossed seven shutout innings, four hit ball, and a one nothing shutout victory. Emmett Shean on the mound three and five with a five p thirty two ERA. The twenty six year old right hander really needs to dial it in today. Fourth season dow in the big leagues, He's finally healthy. It's been given a great opportunity in the rotation this year. Making his fifteenth start last time out just three and a third innings, six runs, eight hits, two home runs, and a loss of the Orioles last Sunday, Ima Sheen hasn't won a game and over a month. He last picked up a win against the Giants on May fourteenth at Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium. This is his third career start against the Padres. In two career starts previous, he has eight strikeouts, one walk, and a five sixty three ERA. IM and Sheen needs to get dialed in today. Give the Dodgers some zeros up on that scoreboard. The offense needs to give him some run support as they go up against Michael King. Dodgers and Padres. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game. Our next, I'm Tim Kates's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your Home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Padres squaring off from a Petco Parky, I mean she and Michael King, the pitching match up, getting ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo Start. Great moment Star with Sapporo Beer. Whatever your taste preferend Sapporo has you cover with the variety of crisp and refreshing luggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Sapporo Good Wiz Sushi great with baseball. It's head back after the booth one final time before first pitch, Steven Nelson Rick Monday, guys, d.
Speaker 2: See the first pitch from Michael King is coming up. Momentarily it is King against Emmett Shean for the Dodgers mole.
Speaker 11: Your biggest key today.
Speaker 9: Is well for Shean to throw strikes and get ahead in account. That's something he has not been able to do a whole lot, in particular a couple of innings in the spotlight. The first inning is era is almost eight, the sixth inning his ERA is almost ten, and you've got to smooth that road out in between. But for Himagechan, I mean, there's no question he's got good stuff. Repeatability has not been there to this particular point. He's also served at fourteen home runs.
Speaker 2: You know what's been interesting about Shean's year is that he's really struggled in day games. The numbers show that he's one in three this year in day games fifteen runs in fifteen and a third innings. That's nearly a nine era eight point eight. To be a specific, you come across players, maybe not just pictures, but players who just couldn't for whatever reason one ringer, one reason or another, just couldn't get ready in time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Well, the Dodgers also have to figure out Michael came today. He has been lights out at home nine starts here at Peco two eight seven er. And for the Dodgers, they're familiar with him. They got a couple of guys that has some pretty good success against him. Dodgers won a happy flight to Sacramento with a victory here this afternoon.
Speaker 11: All right, let's get after it. Ten back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks a lot, guys, don't forget when this game is over. David Vasse's got you cover with all the postgame reaction. Dodger take as well. Keeping an eye on what's happening down in Tampa is the raised take on the Diamondbacks raise up five to one as they go to the top half of the ninth Inny, Arizona's just falling apart. That is good news as the Dodgers going to play nine games up on San Diego eleven and a half games up on Arizona, so a Dodger win would add to those numbers and their lead in the division. Michael King Ima and She and It's the Dodgers and Padres one final time from San Diego. First pitch is next. Michael King on The Mound Show. Hey Otani will lead off with the Dodgers when we come back. Enjoin everybody. I'm Tim Kas's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers. Audio Network