Speaker 1: All right back on the Big One, seven hundred WLW. It is nine oh eight. This is I almost said it's a midweek crisis, but that was last night in the night before. This is, uh, this is normally Sterling is normally here on Friday night little Sterling and Donna d Action, but not tonight. Sterling is enjoying a Friday night off. I'm Dan Carroll, so I get to sit in for Sterling. Glad to be here, Glad you are here as well. We are going to roll till midnight tonight. Russ Jackson is running the big board in the seven hundred WLW Command Center. Great to see Russ doing some guest appearances running Russ? Is this going to become a regular thing with you? Man, You're gonna be apparent? Apparently? Well, he's he's getting roped in running the big board in the seven hundred WLW Command Center. So I appreciate him being here and everything he does. So when you call in, make sure you say hello to Russ. Five one, three, seven four, nine, seven thousand and one, eight hundred the Big One. If you're thinking to yourself, you know what I heard this guy on earlier today? You did? I sat in for Bill Cunningham earlier today. And Dave Armbrewster is the guy that does all the scheduling for those of us who sit behind the microphone, and he texted me yesterday and he said, he said, man, I need I need a solid, need a favor, gotta need need you to fill in for nine to midnight Friday night. And I said, I'm there for you, buddy. So here I am. And So I was doing the Cunningham Show earlier today and it was a it was a great show. If you didn't catch it, go back and listen to it on the iHeart iHeart Media app. I don't know how you do that, but it's there. It's all there. And right as I was getting done with that show, a video came out, another video of the shooting that happened in Minneapolis and the shooting that took the life of this woman and Renee Nicole Good. And this is the video from the bodycam of one of the agents. Actually it's the federal agent that got hit by the car behind the pilot that she was driving. And this video recks a lot of liberal narratives about what happened. And a couple of nights ago was on the Wednesday night edition of The Midweek Crisis, I was talking about this and I was describing the video that was out then. Since then, more videos, different angles have appeared, and I was talking about the multiple videos that night. I think I had seen at that point, I had seen I don't know, three or four different angles of what happened, and I was pretty convinced early on that the federal agent that had to open fire on her did so come completely justified. It's a it's a terrible incident that had happened. I'm very sorry that this woman is dead, but her own decisions, her own actions, brought it on herself. And so the camera that was worn by the ice officer, I think really settles a lot of things, especially this narrative about how this woman was just in the neighborhood dropping her son off at school, didn't really realize she was in the you know, the middle of this this federal ice operation. Now, it really none of that is true. There's a section of that video where the and and I'm I'm not I didn't you know. I was thinking about playing the cut and playing the audio of that, but it doesn't really, it doesn't really you have to see it more than here it I think it's it's I just don't think it works in my opinion. I don't think it works on radio. But at one point you hear the other woman who is described as uh as this woman's partner. I guess I've seen reports that says they're married. I don't know, I don't care, but they're The woman who is this other woman's partner is talking to the ice agent and she says to the effect of, do you want to come at us? Do you want to come in? You know, in a intimidating way. And look, the the ice officer was not threatened by her. The Ice officers and she's not that big of a gal, but she was saying, do you want to come at us? So implying that you know, if you know you're gonna jump, let's go, let's uh, let let's let's throw down. And she said to the effect you better bring a lunch, which I found a little bit humorous because I seriously doubt that that particular ice agent would have had to pack a lunch if he was going to go toe to toe with her. So in any case, you see the you see the the point of view from the body cam. He walks past her, circles around towards the front of the car, and there's, uh, there's a brief point and then and look, there's there's a lot of extrain. And this is why I don't think this particular cut works on radio and why I'm not playing it tonight. There are there may be other people on the radio that play it, but there's a lot of extraneous noise. There's a there's voices that are coming in from off camera. It's just from an audio standpoint, I think it's easy to lose context on what exactly you're hearing if you if you're not seeing it with with your own eyes, there's uh, you know, they're there're sirens. There's at one point you hear the engine in the car, and that is I think a clear indication that she was stepping on the gas trying to not gently move the car forward, but step on the gas and have the car alerge forward, which is when you hear the sound of the impact and you hear that ice officer gets struck by the car. I don't think it leaves any doubt as to whether or not he had fear of imminent danger. And bodily harm and death to himself. I think that that video erases all doubt. And I'm looking to the monitor on my left. There's a live shot from Minneapolis, Minnesota right now, and there is a huge demonstration filling the streets of downtown Minneapolis tonight. And they're channing in the demonstrations that took place last night. And I know there were some in Cincinnati. I don't know if there's any taking place. Maybe if you do know, you can fill me in. I don't know if there's any demonstrations taking place in downtown Cincinnati tonight. But some of the chanting that was going on last night was talking about stringing up Christineome, the head of Homeland Security, talking about killing ice agents, wanting dead ice agents. Now, if you remember the some of the BLM protests where they were very anti police, pigs in a blanket, fry them like bacon. Remember those heartwarming chants from that really good group of people. So you know, so this is what's happening in downtown Minneapolis tonight. I've seen a lot of people with pots and pans. There's a gentleman with a large looks like a large metal mixing bowl, and he's got well, it appears to be a drumstick, like a like a drumstick from a drum kit, banging on the metal bowl. So they're out there and doing their thing tonight, and it doesn't look like it's too out of control. So we'll keep an eye on that. If anything happens with that, we'll be talking about it. But the officer that fired multiple shots was standing in front of the car. There is no there can be no question about that now. And you know, the first night I was talking about this, I had like to three or four callers in a row that vehemently disagreed with me and what I was seeing on that video in the way I was describing it. And so you know, I ask you, if you've seen it, what did you see? Maybe you see something different than I did. And I certainly understand the idea that two people can look at the same thing and see see something different. And by the way, on this Peach Bowl game, Indiana is just just crushing Oregon thirty five to seven at the half. Unbelievable. Let's see, here's the way it was written up in by Matt Vespa. I'm not so I'm sorry, this is not Matt Vespa. This is Hudson Krozer at the Daily Caller, and he writes at least three federal agents were seen approaching the now deceased driver's suv ordering her to step out just before the altercation occurred. The Department of Homeland Security blamed the driver for the incident in the statement, claiming she attempted to run the officer over just before he fired. Get out of the car. Get out of the effing car. One agent was heard saying in the video as the group approached the vehicle on the snowy road a suburban in a suburban neighborhood. The agent then grabbed the car's door handle. A bystander is yelling no as the driver begins to move the car backward. Another agent was seen circling the car just as it was moving, eventually standing in front just before the car lunged forward. You fired at least two shots at the driver as the car came towards him, and that is when you hear the impact on the video. So initially and immediately after this incident happened, and some of the first videos came out, The first couple of videos I saw on this were not very good at all. The action of what took place was out of frame, and so it was it was, you know, I don't know, maybe an hour or two hours later is when you saw a video that really gave you a good idea of what happened there. But the left immediately called it murder. Some of the liberal narratives that got destroyed because of this video. Matt Vesper wrote it up in town Hall and he talks about Minneapolis still simmering because the ICE agent had to shoot and kill Renee. Nicole Good appeared to be attempting to ram a federal agent. Good was not fearing for her life as some suggest. She seems happy, happy as a clam. He writes, this obviously wasn't her first rodeo. She was a professional left wing activist who trained others to disrupt ICE operations and led convoys to that end. We also see the wife of the domestic partner, Rebecca tning federal agent saying they'll change the plates before shots are fired. She's also heard yelling at Renee to drive as the agent is in front of the vehicle. The media went off the rails on the murder angle, yet did not analyze the full footage properly. Every legal expert said this was likely a justified shooting. Yet Mayor Jacob Frye and other Democrats have gone insane and continued today with this notion that Ice agents are killers. The Governor Tim Wallace has been grossly irresponsible in framing this incident. Others like mandani ilhan Omar, they have been bad mouthing Ice and spreading false information about this incident as well. So I'm looking at these demonstrations in Minneapolis and there's just it seems like they're lacking a little energy. I am going to predict that after tonight we're probably not going to see a lot more of them as the truth continues to come out. Let's go to Sharonville and say hey to Bobby. Bobby you're on seven hundred WW.
Speaker 2: Thanks for taking the call, my friend out there been awful busy today covering two or three shifts.
Speaker 3: We love a good patriot.
Speaker 1: I'm glad to do it. You know, Bill Cunningham likes to say he's a workhorse, not a show horse, and so it's an only work horse always.
Speaker 2: My friend up in Minnesota, it was justifiable, you know, shooting from the officer. You looked the left front wheel of her vehicle, it was spinning in the ice, and finally you'd hit pavement when it won shit that answer, Yeah, he was in front of that automobile. It was a justified shooting.
Speaker 1: I think that's that's really the only the only way to see it. You know, I was talking about this the very first night, and a lot of times when you see videos of incidents, and a lot of times we see, you know, police bodycam video or dash cam video. A lot of times those videos don't really they don't provide a lot of context. They really don't answer all the questions. Sometimes they create more questions than they answer, and so you got to look at them, I think on a case by case basis, and I think this video, because of the different angles, really provides the context that we need. You know, we don't really have the context of how everyone got into the position that they were in, so that you know that that'll all wind up being ferreted out. But you know, there are stories that this gal was helping to lead the protest, organizing people to get in the way and then obstruct this federal investigation, this federal operation. But the main elements of what happened here, I think are covered by multiple videos, and so you can you can see for yourself from different angles. There are some angles where it appears, you know, the guy may have been raised or standing off to the side a little bit. But then when you see a different angle or reverse angle, the one that comes from down the street a little bit, I think is very conclusive where you actually see that individual, that ICE agent, getting hit and getting pushed back I don't know, five six seven feet and then I don't know if you saw the video that came out earlier today, but you hear the sound of that impact, and there is in my way of thinking, there's no question that that that vehicle impacted that ICE agent in a in a serious manner.
Speaker 2: Well, it was an unfortunate situation, but the bottom line is it was a justifiable discard of his weapon. That's exactly what he's trained to do. That's what he's supposed to do. You can't hesitate on situations like that. You don't shoot at the car. The car is not the weapon. The driver's the weapon that's operating the automobile. That's the way they're.
Speaker 1: Turning back that that car is at that point, it was a deadly weapon, and a car can be used as a deadly weapon. And unfortunately for her, for Renainnicle Good, she made that she made the wrong decision. And if you look at her before, I mean she was she you know, she wasn't in fear, she wasn't afraid, she wasn't confused. She was talking. She actually spoke with the ice officer, and I think you can hear us say, you know, I'm not mad, I'm not you know, It's all she was, you know, trying to be a little lighthearted and joking about it. And then whatever made her decide to to back that car up a little bit and then step on the gas and being aimed right at that officer, we will never know.
Speaker 2: Well, the socialist Democrats or Marxist or whatever you want to classify him, as they're looking for any opportunity to cause anarchy, Well in the midst of a cultural revolution, people need to understand that. And it's going to be a step by step process, and these people are not going to stop.
Speaker 1: I agree, and you know, we we people need to know that interfering with the federal officers as they are doing what they are legally bound to do, and they're following the law. They're following orders. If you don't like it, that's fine, you can protest, but do not get in their way. And I think that's the lesson that we need to learn from us. Bobby, thank you very much for the phone call. Do you have yourself a great weekend? My friend? You took all right? There you go, Bobby from Charonville. We appreciate him checking in nine to twenty five. We got to get to a break. New's coming up the bottom of the hour. But if you want to weigh in five one three, seven four nine, seven thousand, one, eight hundred, the big One, as we roll on till midnight tonight on seven hundred WW I got an egg one seven hundred WLW nine thirty eight.
Speaker 2: We go to.
Speaker 1: Midnight tonight and Carolin for Sterling five one, three, seven four, nine, seven thousand and one, eight hundred, the big one. We've got Rex and Anderson Indiana. I'll get to him just a second. But I had my buddy Zeke Arkhaman last night. We were talking about this. Zeke is in law enforcement and we were talking about the notion of uh, you know, the car being a deadly weapon and how as a as a police officer, as a law enforcement officer, you're trained to, you know, get out of the way, or that a car is a deadly weapon and they can be used against you as such. And so, and I encouraged everyone last night to follow Zeke on social media. And this is why he posted this a little while ago. And he writes, since the left now believes he has an honest question, Since the left now believes you can just move out of the way when a car is approaching you, does this mean the next time they protest by blocking the streets, it's their own fault if they get run over because they could have just moved out of the way. If we're going to go down that road, let's go all the way down that road, my buddy, Zeke Arkham right there, Anderson, Indiana and Rex Rex, you're on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you, Dan, I appreciate it. You know, I've been thinking for years. We've had all these protests over the years Black lives matter, When they had that riot up there in Minnesota, when that young boy traveled to help his buddy protect his car a lot and all that, and then the Summer of Love in Portland Plumbia University. You guys had your own here a few years back.
Speaker 1: I guess, uh, yes, we did, of course.
Speaker 4: See people out there on the interstate. And now they're going to pay him.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, they are collecting that.
Speaker 5: I'm not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've been told that there's all kinds of advertisements out there for professional we're hiring professional protests. It's supposed to be on craigs List. They had a running I was told here in the New York Times they was running help wanted ads and all that I've seen.
Speaker 1: I've seen those. I've seen those post its.
Speaker 4: Okay I haven't, but I've heard a lot about it from people that know what you're talking about. And so I've been thinking about this. There's a huge organization out there that's hiring these people. Okay, they're being hired, and on any business, if you hire somebody, how are you going to know if they actually do the job you hired them too? So they're watching them. They've got camra of people around while these protests are going on, and they're looking to make sure that the people they hired are actually protesting.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Sure, and look, I've seen a lot of reports. I've seen a lot of reporting at a lot of these different demonstrations that have gone on in various parts of the country, and you've got reporters out there and they said, hey, you know, we had you know, they'll be reporting from the scene and they'll be a twenty minutes ago, we had several thousand people here and then we got to the top of the hour and it's, you know, either eight o'clock or nine o'clock at night, and it was like it was quitting time, and everybody left. Oh, well, I think that's what go ahead.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I also think that they're also told if they do extra things while protesting, they'll get paid a bonus.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know what, I don't know about that. I wouldn't I would not put that past them. And there there's actually a lot of.
Speaker 4: Sense to me, and I think that's why this you this woman was using her car, putting on even more of what she was asked to do, knowing that she would probably get a bonus check on that.
Speaker 1: Well, there's actually there's actually a narrative that is out there about this, and it's it's a it's a I would say, it's it's a bit of speculation, but giving given the information that we're learning about these two and and what they're patting in. The New York Post wrote, I'm going to refer to this in a in a moment, but there's a narrative about this that her partner was it was out of the car with her iPhone in hand, recording everything, and so the narrative is they were hoping to get in the cold good get to the point where she was going to be dragged out of the car and then roughed up by ice agents and they were going to use this as propaganda video to say, oh, look they're you know, they're they're beating up innocent women. You know they they said, women didn't do anything, and she's getting the crap beat out of her, and uh, you know, she for whatever reason, she decided to uh make a different move and step on the gas and and try and plow down that that ice agent, and it didn't work out in her favor.
Speaker 4: That's my point. If they do extra and go above and beyond just protesting, I think their promise a bonus. Well only this time at Blackfire.
Speaker 1: Well, Rex, maybe next time you should reply to one of those posts on Craigslist and see what you can find out and then report back.
Speaker 4: I don't know how to work at the computer. When it comes to that, I'm I'm talking on his cell phone.
Speaker 1: God bless you. Rex. Appreciate the phone call. I have a great night tonight. There you go. That was Rex in Indiana. Hey, I feel your brother when you talk about looking at the computer. But here's what the New York Posts had to say about this. Renee Nicole Good, the mama was killed by a federal agent after veering her car towards him, was an anti ice warrior and was part of a group of activists who worked to document and resist the federal immigration crackdown in Minnesota. Good, who moved to the city last year, linked up with anti ice activists through her six year old son's Wolke Charter School, which boasts that it puts social justice first and prioritizes quote involving kids in political and social activism. If you're sending your six year old to school, what is six russ When you're six years old? What are you? First grade? First grade? Second grade? First grade? Do you want your first grader going to the school that prioritizes social justice and political activism. Is that what you send you That's what she sent her kid to school for. According to The New York Post, she was a warrior. She died doing what was right. A mother named Lisa, whose child attends the same school, told the Post at a growing visual where Good was killed on Wednesday, I know she was doing the right thing. I watched the video plenty of times. But I also know in my heart the woman she was, and she was doing everything right. Good and her wife, Rebecca forty, were raised. They raised the boy together in the mostly working class, activist heavy neighborhood in South Minneapolis features tree lined streets and a large number of homes with windows decked out in LGBTQ plus flags or signs depicting George Floyd, just as many others did in the lefty enclave. Good sent her son to South Side Family Charter School, a K through five academy that is unabashedly dedicated to social justice education. According to the founder, Susie Appini, it was thought her involvement in the school community that Good became involved in the Ice Watch, a loose coalition of activists dedicated to disrupting ice raids in the sanctuary city, and so who encourages this activity, Well, that would be the mayor of Minneapolis and the governor of Minnesota. They are all about these people interfering and disrupting and getting in the way of these federal law enforcement officers carrying out their duties. From my understanding, she was involved in social justice. Were a tight knit community, A lot of parents are activists. Former Southside Gym teacher Rashid Rich, who resigned from the school last month, told the Post. He said current event topics like the killing of George Floyd were regular parts of the curricult one that last month, students took a field trip where they learned about Aboriginal issues, a reference to indigenous people and far away Australia. Why that's pertinent in Minnesota, I have no idea. Coalitions similar to ice Watch have cropped up all over the country, with activists using phone apps, whistles and car horns to warn neighbors of when ice shows up. So you've got these groups all over the country, and apparently this woman was a mover and a shaker within the group that she was aligned with. Ice Watch recently shared an Instagram post on the group. The groups that encourage agitators to bring items that would help them barricade the streets. And that's another thing. I was watching Laura Ingram last night and she was there in Minneapolis and the Twin Cities, and she made the point that, you know, these people, what do they do. They love open borders. They want illegals streaming into, not not streaming into, flooding into the United States, illegals all over the place. Perfectly fine with them. They're perfectly fine with all the fraud of the daycare centers and all the rest of it. And then she noticed how they had their barricades there and how they protected their own borders, how they really didn't want people who weren't like them coming around to ask questions or take pictures or take videos or maybe have anyone that had a different idea than them. Don't want to answer those pesky questions, and they actually policed those borders, keeping people out, you know, the kind of people that they don't want. So borders are okay for them, but when it comes to America and the rest of us, not so much. When Renee Good hit an ICE agent in Minneapolis yesterday, it was the first time ICE agents where the targets of the It was not the first time ICE agents where the vehicles or the targets of vehicle rammings cars are deadly weapons. There's plenty of legal precedent to justify the ICE agent shooting good after she struck him with her vehicle. In the last year, ICE and Customs and Border Patrol agents have been involved in more than one hundred such incidents. Federal Immigration officers were injured in Saint Paul, Minnesota after a Cuban illegal rammed ICE vehicles and struck agents. During the violent encounter on Sunday, ICE officers identified Juan Carlos Rodriguez from Marrow and the illegal alien from Cuba entered a white suv in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Conducted and there was a lawful traffic stop that was conducted. When officers ordered Rameri to rolled out his window, he allegedly refused, prompting warnings that they would break the window if he continued to disobey lawful commands. Instead, Ramera drove off and allegedly struck one of the officers while attempting to flee. Here's another one. In October, an armed woman was arrested after ramming agents in the Chicago area. In Los Angeles, a man is facing prison time after ramming his vehicle into federal law enforcement agents. So there's all kinds of video out there of these incidents where they are using cars to disrupt and ram and injure federal agents. So this whole notion that she was using her car as a weapon trying to disrupt or hurt or maybe even kill a federal agent is not something that is far fetched at all, because it happens all the time. Amandro is car into the gate of an FBI facility in Pittsburgh in September and November, Department of Homeland Security said ICE and CPB, we're facing an unprecedented search in vehicle rammings and attacks. In a statement, Department of Homeland Security wrote, we are seeing the results of the left constant demonization of the men and women of law enforcement. Dangerous criminals, whether they be illegal, aliens or US citizens, are turning their vehicles in the weapons attacking ICE and CBP. Said Trish McLaughlin, Assisted Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security. Anyone who attacks law enforcement, especially using their vehicles, will be prosecuted to the fallistics end of the law. Since January twentieth, there have been ninety nine vehicle attacks against federal law enforcement, more than double compared to the forty seven during the same period last year. Seventy one vehicular attacks against the Customs and Border Patrol since January twentieth compared to forty five during the same time in twenty twenty four. That is a fifty eight percent increase. Twenty eight vehicular attacks against ice since January compared to just two the same period of twenty twenty four. That is a thirteen hundred percent increase. So do you think that when these law enforcement professionals have their daily briefings and they go out and talk about things before they go out into the field and conduct these operations, do you think they might talk about that. Do you think that they are not keenly aware of these individuals who would use their vehicles to attack them. I would think they are. I would certainly hope they are, and I would think that this is something that is foremost on their mind. And then we had this from Rachel Maddow, who is just just a complete idiot. Rachel Maddow says protesters in America are close to being an unstoppable force against Trump. So when when someone like Mattow goes out there and says stuff like this, is that inciting violence and reckless behavior? Is that rallying the troops to whatever leftist liberal cause that they have. And I don't know where she comes up with this, but she says, once you have three point five percent of a population protesting against a dick or an authoritarian, that is essentially an unstoppable force they can't oppose. So she is calling for three point five percent of the American people to take to the streets and actively protest and demonstrate and become an unstoppable force against Trump, because, according to her, he's an authoritarian and a dictator. I'm looking at the video now coming in from Minneapolis, and they are in front of a building. It looks like a I don't know if it's a federal building, but it's a building that has some large, large plate glass windows in it. The whole front of the building, it looks like the entrance to the foyer area of this building. You've got multiple sets of double doors. The whole front facade is all glass, and there are people pounding on the glass as we speak. So will that glass be intact in I don't know, ten minutes from now, fifteen minutes from now, an hour from now, come tomorrow morning. There is increase pounding on the glass. So that's what's happening in Minneapolis right now. So we'll keep you updated on that. Of course, you got guys with cameras. Hey, this this is going to be well documented from a video standpoint, because you've got people outn't. I have no idea what building they are in front of, but Fox News is saying protesters gathering for another night of protest, and there are multiple It's it's like it looks like Russ. You ever watch The Walking Dead? You know, you know, you got those scenes in The Walking Dead where all the all the zombies are are coming after people and they're in a building and they're kind of well, you know, like walking up to the glass and they're you know, their hands are all all over the glass and all that. That's kind of what that shot I just saw kind of reminded me of that. But no, I was talking about all the attacks on Ice Way and I got to get to a break. Now let's go go ahead, Well we will go ahead and do that now, but no November thirteenth, criminal illegal alien Fremil Salvador hit another vehicle, fled the scene before being apprehended by Ice. And this just goes on to document the incidents where you have these federal agents who are coming under attack with people in their vehicles, but coming up after the news top of the hour, Kurt Hartman's going to be here, and the news broke last night about the city manager of Cincinnati wanting to enter into a settlement with the family of Rodney Hinton. Absolutely despicable, shameful my way of thinking, there's no way this should be happening. And there's all kinds of other stuff going on at Cincinnati. We'll get the judges thoughts on that as we roll on till midnight tonight. It is Dan Carrolyn for Sterling on this Friday night on seven hundred WLW seven hundred WLW ten O seven, Dan Carolyn for Sterling tonight. Glad to be here Sterling, taking a little time off. I'll be here tomorrow, Hey Gary, Jeff Walker in the morning. Gotta be a great day, so stick around for that. Meantime. We go on till midnight tonight. Russ Jackson's running the big board. Appreciate him being here five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand if you want to get on board. Although I do have a guest right now, and we say hello to the one time Hamilton County common please Court Judge Kurt Hartman and Kurt Great. Happy New year to you man. I think this is the first time I've had John in twenty twenty six. The heck are you?
Speaker 3: I'm doing very well, Dan, great and always great to be with you.
Speaker 1: Great to great to be with you. Let me ask you. And I was talking about this last night with Ken Kober. He he had a source at city Hall who told him that he needed to get this information out, that he needed to act in order to stop this. And and you know stop what, well stop this idea of a settlement that was going to go to the family of Rodney Hinton and Ryan Hinton right in Himton, the eighteen year old shot and killed by a Cincinnati police officer. Then the next day the father goes out and plows down Larry Henderson, Hamilton County Sheriff's deputy, ending his life. And the idea wait, when I mean from from a legal perspective, how how do how does the city manager come up with this notion that somehow a settlement is going to be necessary here when the investigations into this have cleared this police officer of any wrongdoing whatsoever. How do how do you come up with this idea that, you know, maybe a few million dollars needs to be paid out to this family.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I think because unfortunately, we're now living, if you will, in the world turned upside down when it comes to radical Marxist progressives taking control of city governments.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 7: You know, you see what's going on out in Portland, you see what's going on in Minneapolis St.
Speaker 3: Paul, And we have that same type of elected leadership here in Cincinnati.
Speaker 7: Now, granted they have not gone so radical as some of those cities, but.
Speaker 3: When you look at.
Speaker 7: We are where we are, you look where theyor parvel, where you look at the city council members, where they have been historically, you know, and where that the whole Democratic Party, both nationally and locally, has gone. They have this Marxist progressive eyeude, and here we have all this poor black guy was shot. Forget the fact he had a gun, pointed it at an officer and was shot and killed by the officer, and even the Democratic county prosecutor, Countie Pillage, said it was a justified shoot. You know, but nothing prevents anybody from suing. You'll say someone's civil rights were violated, et cetera. So you know, yeah, they might be having a you know, the hidden family maybe chest counting all.
Speaker 3: We're going to sue. We're going to sue. But I'm sorting if you fold.
Speaker 7: Every time, you know, you get threats like that, you're gonna get sued left and right. There are certain cases, you know, I do civil rights things really from a plaint of side, but there are certain cases that the governments should be fighting. And it's separating that week from the champ. What are the cases that should be fault so you don't get a reputation of folding versus the cases.
Speaker 3: That, okay, yeah there were some issues. We need to get a result in this case.
Speaker 7: Nothing is shot crying out that, hey, the city may have this city may have some liability. Nothing shoot shoe, you know, pointing to that. So what you've got driving you know, if this is accurate, and you know, I don't have any reason, uh to doubt Kencobra or his source. But if you know, if this is going on, these negotiations, it is just this radical Marxist politics of you know, dee I, you know, diversity, the equity, inclusion and you know, white privilege, et cetera, all.
Speaker 3: Driving into policy decisions. We've seen this already.
Speaker 7: You know, even in the recent history with the City of Cincinnati, they are paying eight million dollars in a settlement to people who were rioting in the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, and then yeah, I mean the word of this settlement comes on the heels of the of that one being a unanimously I might add, by by city council and I think it was I think it was Scottie Johnson who said, uh, you know, we can't as a city send the message out that you can come here commit crimes and then get paid for it. And then right after he said that, he went in and voted for the approval of this settlement. So so we do that we send that message. In my opinion, that is the exact message that we are sending. And now we're talking about you know, I haven't seen a dollar figure attached to this, but it's probably it's going to be in the probably close to a million, maybe more than a million. But now we're saying that if you're a cop killer, we are going to make sure that your family is made whole. I mean, what what what are we thinking? What? What is? What? How can anybody be thinking that this is the kind of message that you want to send out? We had protests last night in downtown Cincinnati, you know what I mean? These people they had to be out there saying, uh, you know what do I fill out a form? Am I going to get a text message? You know? When do I get my windfall of you know, maybe maybe five or six or eight grand?
Speaker 3: You know, and let's see that. And I'm going to be doing public records. Puss.
Speaker 7: Did those protesters last night have a parade permit to take over the streets?
Speaker 1: I don't think they did, or I don't think And then and then the Signal ninety nine was on the Brian Thomas Show on fifty five earlier this morning, and Signal ninety nine was talking about the information that she has is that the day that that that Rodney hitting lost his mind was you know, the the the police came to him and and as a favor to the family before it got out into the public. They said, this is the video. This is your son running from the cop, dropping the weapon, picking it up, pointing at police. That's why police shot and killed.
Speaker 3: Right, I have no problems. Yeah, well I have no problems with city officials sharing that problem and.
Speaker 1: I I don't either. But the information is when that video was shown that that Rodney hitting Junior took a swing to the police chief, so that that is a crime right there. So instead of arresting him, just let him go, you know, you know, cool, cool off a little bit, and then he goes over and uh and ends the life of Larry Henderson.
Speaker 7: I mean, and you got Iris Rolly sticking her nose in all of that businesses.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the other component of this. I mean, it's it's it seems that I mean, if and look, I mean, all these things are going to be looked at. And there was information out there today that Iris Rolly was on the scene when Rodney Hitton was killed, interfering with the police investigation, coaching people who may have been witnesses, all the rest of it.
Speaker 3: You mean, when when Deputy Henderson was killed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Deputy Henderson, Yeah, yes, And then this is the kind of information and.
Speaker 7: Uh, it actually had her in the police car because she was interfering with the investigation. I'm sorry you I ed do anything like that. We're being arrested and charged with a phone appropriately. So why do we have a double standard that Iris Rolly gets a blank check by this city administration to interfere with law.
Speaker 3: Enforcement and doing their jobs.
Speaker 7: And the reason is we've got leadership in the city of Cincinnati that is no different than the leadership in Minneapolis, Portland, Oregon, wherever.
Speaker 1: But they're they're paying. They're paying her six hundred grand through I think twenty twenty six. She's got a contract with the city. I think. I think in the this this may turn out to be one of the biggest scandals this city has ever had. Well, I think, well, it just it just looks. It looks terrible. It looks I mean, it looks like we have a city manager that is completely incompetent. It looks like the only the only problem solving skill this city manager has is to dig into the treasury and just shovel out as much money as she possibly can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, let's look at two things.
Speaker 7: When Sherlong was incompetent to be city manager, from day one.
Speaker 3: She was a DEI hire for political correctness for this mayor.
Speaker 7: No other requalification did she have, and she has confirmed her incompetence from day one.
Speaker 3: I think the second thing, I forget where I was going to go with this. But oh Dan, though, look at this.
Speaker 7: Though we all knew the general gist of the lack of leadership, about the radical politics of the city leadership, both the city Council and the mayor.
Speaker 3: And what did the people of Cincinnati do.
Speaker 7: Re elect this mayor with eighty percent of the vote, and reelect eight out of nine of the council members and put the others for progressive only because ninth one wasn't running for re election, and they put this another you know, far left progressive on city council. This is what the people of Cincinnati just voted for. And I'm sorry, I'm sorry, you know, thankfully I don't live in the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: I would never want to.
Speaker 7: Live in the city of Cincinnati the way it is being governed right now, and it is not going in the right direction.
Speaker 3: And you know, but one thing also, you know that kind of pop pause and look at this, you know, I.
Speaker 7: Kind of say, where is the business leadership in all of this, you know, yea, you know they're they're they're that an organization.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you're familiar with it or not, the.
Speaker 7: Cincinnati Business Committee. Yes, yeah, you know, and you know I was just looking at that. They're basically they're how they described themselves. The see it's called the CDC, the Cincinnati Business Committe. It's an organization of chief executives of the Greater Cincinnati aut of area committed to identifying and providing leadership on selected issues that the members consider especially important to the long term economic, vitality.
Speaker 3: And well being of the greater Cincinnati community.
Speaker 7: It's like the cream of the crop, if you will, of business leadership. Top thirty, you know, no more than thirty, the top thirty leaderships.
Speaker 3: We're talking you know, P and G. It used to be P and G. Macy's fifth thirds.
Speaker 1: Those type of leaders.
Speaker 3: Where where the heck are they?
Speaker 1: That's a good question.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, you know, someone we've got to start.
Speaker 7: Calling them out. I mean, I give you John Barrett has come out a little bit and spoke a little bit about this recently or a couple of months ago, But they've to be more vocal. I'm sorry that they want to talk about the economic vitality of the greater Cincinnati area, and Cincinnati is the core, and that's critical the business community. The business leadership is absent. So what we have is an absence of leadership on the political side, and we have an absence of leadership on the business side.
Speaker 1: And then the mayor is the mayor has the hutzba. Earlier this week at the inauguration, during his inaugural address, this says this makes it, decides that's a fine time to advocate for a tax increase, and essentially says, hey, look we we We've had all this talk about city safety and policing and getting our act together and all the rest of it. And then he says, you want city safety, We're gonna need some more money. I mean that absolutely despicable. And at the same time he's able to turn down free help from the from the state and the Ohio State and all and Governor de Wine and when you know, when he did do it, that would just do it a couple of days a week, and then he comes and says, look, we're gonna have public safety. We need more money, no.
Speaker 7: You know, and to circle back to the whole hint in this potential settlement that that's happening, you know, behind closed doors. You know what message does that send to the rank and file police?
Speaker 1: Oh it's ken kber is just besides I look, I've talked to ken kbra a lot, and uh, I've never seen him this agitated about a particular issue. It is an absolute disgraceful slap in the face not only the Cincinnati police, but the Hamilton County Sheriff's deputies as well.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, you know, but but when you when you have the mayor and the city manager essentially throwing law enforcement under the bus.
Speaker 7: You know, they did it already with that riot settlement, that eight million dollar settlement to people who were breaking the wall and got arrested, the city's paying them off. And now if this is going forward with the heat and san family on a justified shooting that the Democratic prosecutor said was a justified shooting, what type of leadership is that providing you want to talk about law enforcement and public safety, that undermines.
Speaker 3: It from the get go.
Speaker 1: Well, and a look, I don't know, I don't I don't know any of the people who are involved in the in the in the law office, the legal office down at City Hall that that advises the city manager on these issues. But but I see these interviews from from whoever speaks to the media from that particular office, and they always talk about, well, we could go to court, we could be facing a big jury settlement. You know, typically in cases like this, they get you know, they get thirty million dollars and we're only going to pay eight million dollars. So this is this is really a good deal. And I'm like, no, no, it's not a good deal. Look at the facts. I mean, you know, there no one was at fault when John Cranley issued that curfew and told people not to be on the streets back in twenty twenty, and no one was at fault at least a Cincinnati police officer in the Cincinnati Police Department was not at fault when this young eighteen year old kid ran from them, Ryan Hinton Junior, and pointed a gun at a Cincinnati cop and paid for it with his life.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and let me go this back from my days on the back. I mean, I've been practicing law for thirty years now, right in my time on the bench, Cincinnati Jurrys.
Speaker 3: Hamilton County jurys have not been very.
Speaker 7: Plain and friendly in terms of verdict towards. Now, granted that's been a few years. The dynamics of the whole county has really changed dramatically, you know, with this hard left progressive attitude taking over.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's changed a little bit.
Speaker 7: But historically Hamilton County jurys do not give big awards in cases.
Speaker 3: So if they're worried about all, we might be. Yeah, maybe, but you know what, recognize where.
Speaker 7: You're playing, you know where you're trying a case at, and the reputation is a plaint of friendly jury, and when you deal with the facts that you just laid out, both in terms of the Rioters and Hinton, I'd be hard pressed to see it even going.
Speaker 3: To a jury. I could see a judge throwing it out in a heartbeat thing there is no case here. Yeah, there's nothing for the jury to decide. If go to the jury, the jurors are not going to award a big number.
Speaker 1: I would I would think.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: The whole notion that you're going to pay off the family of a of a cop killer just uh it it it I just I just I still can't get my head around that particular idea. Before I let you go, though, Charlie luken Was did an interview with the Cincinnati Enquirer and he is telling city Hall, hey, look, you've got that one point six billion dollars from the railroad settlement. It's time to start spending some of that money. Now what Yeah, I mean you were you were involved in this. Uh, there's this whole one point six million billion dollars. And Charlie Looking is saying, look, man, yeah, you've only spent I think what four point five million, and you've already realized, you know, you're gonna get more than twenty six million a year. And I mean, you know, the numbers are all over the place, but you know what, what is going on with this money? I mean, are we gonna wind up having a problem with this now that we you know, we have all this money rolling in this well from this one point six billion dollars. And Charlie Looking is saying, look, it's time to start spending some of this. The streets are terrible around here.
Speaker 7: And the thing is, and the scary part is, I don't trust a half cap purevelle. I don't say Sarah long with any money. But what are they what are they holding this money for?
Speaker 3: Where do they look? You know, what what is their conspiracy? If you will, you know, if you.
Speaker 7: Will, just screw over the people of Cincinnati, because they really don't have I think the people of Cincinnati at their pride, their primary interest. And unfortunately those same people re elected them, or reelected that mayor, Parvel, re elected any counties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, they're they're reaping.
Speaker 7: What they're sewing. But hey, you get the government they voted for. And I'm sorry, I would not be proud of this type of government.
Speaker 1: They spent twenty six point eight million of the eighty five million they've received so far the railway month, the railroad money, well.
Speaker 3: I know there are plenty of potholes throughout the city.
Speaker 1: Absolutely that you know, nothing done.
Speaker 7: It's a lack of leader I've always said it is a lack of leadership from the mayor.
Speaker 3: Is a lack of leadership from the city manager. They don't have leadership skills.
Speaker 1: Charlie Lucan says, he comes up Sixth Street, he feels like he's on a bumper car ride.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's what charl Lucan, a Democrat, that's Charli Lukan's a Democrat, you know. But Charli Lucan is, if you will, a historical He's historically a democratic.
Speaker 1: He's at Cincinnati kind of democrat that was a fiscally conservative and maybe uh, you know, socially a you know, a little bit off to the left. But yeah, but he knew Brisklaster.
Speaker 7: And Charlie is not, was not and is not has not drank the Marxist progressive kool aid.
Speaker 1: Thank god, he's got away with words. Feels like a bumper car ride. That's pretty good.
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 1: Hey, Kurt, I appreciate the chat tonight, man. I know you're you're on vacation, and happy new Year to you and all the best. And we will definitely be having some conversations in twenty twenty six and I always look forward to that.
Speaker 3: Great always great to be with you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Dan. All right, there you go, Kurt Hartman, enjoy your vacation. I appreciate the time. Ten twenty six. We're going to get to a break and news coming up at the bottom of the hour, and if you want to pick up the phone five one three, seven four nine seven thousand, one eight hundred, The Big One on seven hundred WLW. Tig got the Big One seven hundred WLW ten thirty six going on till midnight tonight, Dan Carolyn for Sterling, So h A lot of the stuff that Sterling talks about we are not talking about tonight. So that's just that's just the way it breaks down. Sterling talks about a lot of stuff that I don't talk about, which is perfectly fine. Ah Man, did you know there was another incident involving ice in Portland, Oregon that happened. I want to say it was a day before yesterday and there was a couple of suspects in a car that this was another ramming of and this was not ICE agents but CPB Customs and Border Patrol. And just a little while ago, the Portland Police Chief came out with a statement and confirmed what the Department of Homeland Security said about this from the very beginning. There were two suspects in this case, and they confirmed that the suspects are connected to the Venezuelan gang trend de Argua and they're implicated in a July twenty twenty five shooting in Portland, Oregon. This was not an innocent married couple despite what Democrats and many of much of the left wing media had to say about this event, and the chief was talking about this and the city said, shame on the politicians who spread false information to stoke fear and under my law enforcement score political points. So these individuals who did this in Portland definitely ow an apology for their for their behavior on this. I mean, it is absolutely this is trumped arrangement syndrome. It is absolutely sick and disgusting, and it really has just gone so far over the edge when you look. I mean, politicians have never been, as a group the most honest people on the planet. I think we can all agree with that. But at least on matters of law and order, right and wrong, and when it comes to supporting law enforcement, I mean, can't we have at least some honesty there instead of trying to push a political narrative every time an incident takes place. I mean, it really just is disgusting. Let's go to Dan and Chevy and see what Dan's got tonight, Dan seven hundred wlwh No.
Speaker 5: This is Dan and Chevy and not Dan and Union.
Speaker 1: Dan and Chevy, I said, I said, Dan and Chevy. I think anyway I'm pretty sure you're all right, Bet you all right? What's going on?
Speaker 5: So tonight I was walking by at work and there was two guys discussing the Ice shooting and running over things. All right, One guy with the vet and he was like, look, it's pro you know, he's pro police. The other guy, nice guy, very sharp. He's like, well, it needs to be de escalation, blah blah blah. I asked him if he saw the whole video and need not. We showed him the video and he was so like upset that he was wrong and like brainwashing. He doubled down. He wanted to hate Ice so bad and like the escalation. So I was like, well, guns and cars both kill people. I said, cars killed more people than guns. I said, heck, we had a deputy in Cincinnati ran over by a guy. Like, there's proof right there. And those were your first two stories. I was like, well, perfect. And then another thing that a lot of people don't know is that same Ice guy that just got hit yeh had got hitting before and had thirty six something stitches. Yeah, so after I'm getting hit and getting thirty six stitches, I'm not waiting around for someone else to run.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean that that guy's got experienced, he knows, he knows how fast these things can get out of control. And we had we had if you remember, we had a Cincinnati police officer, and this goes back several years. Uh, Kevin Craon was his name, and he was in part of his traffic stop I want to say, was up in Mount Airy and uh and the and the I think there was a young person who was behind the wheel and may have been underage, and Kevin Crayon got tangled up with that vehicle and that driver took off, sped on down the road and Kevin Craon lost his wife because because of an incident involving a car. So it can happen very very quickly. And again you have that even less than a split second to make that decision.
Speaker 5: It's well, I just feel bad because the guy's a nice, sharp guy. He's just been something that's led and he wants to do something, but his energy's on the wrong place. So my whole point is cars kill more people than guns. Why is that treated different than pointing a gun?
Speaker 1: It's oh, you're absolutely right, now, how is it that that he was because that video you can't you can't open up your phone or log onto the internet without seeing that video. How is it that he was not able to see that video over the last three or four days or however long it's been. Oh, he hung up on me. They had I had us for good story though guy had not seen the video and only knew the narrative that he was hearing on whatever wherever he gets his news. And then when he saw the video realized that, you know what. But good for him. Good for him that he can realize that he had been processing not complete information the whole time. So a good call. Thanks for that call, Dan and Chevy. I appreciate that Donald Trump announced earlier today that he has called off a previously anticipated second wave of strikes on Venezuela, citing improved cooperation with the country's interim government. I think that's good news. The announcement comes just a week after the US operation that resulted in the capture and arrest of the Venezuelan dictator, Nicholas Mduro, and days after the President said a second attack was on the table if the new government did not behave So you folks and Venezuela, you've got to behave In a true social post, the President revealed he had canceled those strikes, saying the new government is now working well with the US on rebuilding its oil and gas infrastructure and releasing large numbers of political prisoners. President made clear, however, that he will maintain control over Venezuela for an undefined extended period of time until the country is fully stabilized. And you know, I'm not gonna lie. I'm not sure I have and I've talked to a couple of different experts on this. I'm not sure I have a complete understanding of why this policy is being ruled out the way it is. Trump's announcement comes less than a day after he said strikes were being prepared against drug cartel facilities. Despite canceling the second wave of strikes, Trump said US naval assets would remain in place for the time being, which I guess is a good thing. There was another tanker that was seized. I had that, and I think this makes five tankers now that that have been seized by the military. I guess it's their joint operations. But the military seized a fifth tanker in the Caribbean Sea. They announced that earlier today. Marines and sailors from the Joint Task for Southern Spear launched from the Gerald R. Ford in a pre dawn operation apprehending the Oleina without incident. And Southern Command said the operation received support from the Navy's Amphibious Ready Group, including the USSE He would Regima San Antonio Fort Lauderdale. So once again, our joint our joint forceressent a clear message this morning. There is no safe haven for criminals, said the US Southern Command. Now let's see, here's what Christy Noam had to say about it. She put it out on x Early this morning, the Coastguard executed a boarding and seizure of the motor tanker Oleina in international waters east of the Caribbean as another ghost fleet tanker ship suspected of carrying and bargoed oil this vessel. This vessel had departed Venezuela attempting to evade US forces. A close coordination with the Department of War, State Department, Justice Department ensured a safe, effective boarding consistent with law. The ghost fleets will not outrun justice. They will not hide under false claims of nation. The Coastguard will seize sanctioned oil tankers and force US international law and eliminate these funding streams for illicit activity, including narco terrorism. We are deeply proud of the Coastguard in the Maritime Fighting Force for their relentless execution of this mission. This is owning the sea. And so there's some video some of that green greenia whatever that video comes. I guess maybe it's a drone, but it seems like the picture would be a lot better. I mean it's a you know, it kind of looks like like a negative on a photograph used to look not not the sharpest video that you will ever see. Let's go to Mason and say hey to Vince. Vince here on seven hundred WLW, what's.
Speaker 5: Up, Hey, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it.
Speaker 8: Hey Dice shooting that everybody's talking about in the video that's actually going around everybody's looking at Yeah.
Speaker 3: I got a chance.
Speaker 8: You look at the body cam today. The mississ didn't send it to me, and it gives a whole new meaning to the actual situation that I'm going to encourage anybody listening to go off with what people are telling you. Take a look at the actual body cam of that gentleman and seeing what he was actually going through before you start passing judgment on him, he actually stopped the criminal from running them over.
Speaker 1: Well, I was talking about that in the in the first hour of the show tonight, and I think it's interesting. Uh there's a did you see the version where the partner of the woman who who drove the car is talking to the ice agent there and saying, you want to come at us, you want to come at us, you better pack a lunch. Did you see that part?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 8: I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So all that I think that that helps to or goes a long way and confirming this narrative that these people were agitators, that they were out there, as The New York Post reported as trained adjutive and individuals who were out there for the purpose of interfering with these uh, with these operations of these law enforcement officers.
Speaker 8: Definitely right on the button, my friend and the rest of these people that are saying that was a murder and everything else, Actually a murder was prevented because the young lady that was behind the wheel actually meant to do damage.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't play I didn't play the audio of that on the show tonight because I just don't think it works on radio. I think you really have to see it and see what's going on, because you hear, you hear voices from off camera, you hear sirens, you hear you know, engines being revved up and things like that, and so it's it's I think from a context perspective, just hearing the audio doesn't really do justice. But you have to admit, Vincent, and I appreciate you calling on this that the moment the car makes it makes impact with that ice agent, that is very telling that that that officer got hit hard by that car. And I don't know, there's there's no denying that.
Speaker 8: I agree one hundred percent. And it's actually criminal the way that some of the politicians are trying to stow up more problems, trying to say that it is something it's not just to get more people agitated, more people to be aggressive.
Speaker 1: Well that's the problem. And they're and they're going to keep doing it because like I said, it's Trumped arrangement syndrome, and they and they want anything they can do to hurt Trump and and further their agenda is what they're going to do. And it doesn't matter if the truth is involved, it doesn't matter if someone is dead, It doesn't matter if there there may be other people acting out in a way that could hurt them or hurt others. It's simply that's just collateral damage. As long as they're out there doing what they can and further into of their agenda, that's the only thing that matters. And it's it's really it's getting to a point where it's really sick.
Speaker 8: I agree one hundred percent. And things, unfortunately, are going to get more dangerous because we have I'm guessing about twenty percent of our nation that blindly follows because identity politics, what they're being told versus using the sense guy gave him and take a look at the actual facts.
Speaker 6: I'm an independent, I'm not on.
Speaker 8: The Republican side all the time, but I end up usually voting more conservatives by nature, because it only makes sense as to what's good best of this country. And these people need to get rid of the Trump the Trump's Drange sent them. That got going on just because they're being told by their leaders. They need to start thinking from themselves. Critical thinking is very.
Speaker 1: Important, Vince. I appreciate the phone call tonight. Take care brother, there you go. Well, good for Vincent Mason, A really good phone call right there, and a guy makes a ton of sense. And like I said, if you didn't hear the first hour of the show, I was talking about that that video that came out. I was in earlier today for Cunningham, and right towards the end of the Cunningham Show was when that video came out. So I didn't really have time to look at it and die jested and be able to talk about it in a meaningful way. But between shows tonight I was, I was at home. I looked at it multiple times, and it is It is very telling how that particular point of view drives home this notion that this was a very serious incident and all this stuff about we just could have shot the tires or jumped out of the way or done something miraculous. No, it doesn't work that way, doesn't work that way. What else is going on? Oh? I love that? I love the Scott Descent was on with Loura Ingram last night and they were talking about what's going on with the Somali welfare scan and so the Treasury Secretary has come up with a plan that that is going to help the American tax He says the the that we, the American citizens, it turns out, unbeknownst to us, are apparently the biggest funder of a terror organization linked to Al Qaeda, and Scott cent and Donald Trump say it's not going to happen anymore. So here's what Scottsent, speaking on Fox News Thursday night, announced that those who were on public assistance must check a box before sending remittance abroad, and that the administration would be pushing regulations which would forbid those on public aid from sending money to other countries. It seems like such a simple idea. It is absolutely in my opinion, it is absolutely brilliant. If you are receiving aid from the federal government, then you have no business one dime overseas. Does that make sense? If you are receiving largest from the federal government, why are you receiving that because you need it. You need it to pay your heat, you need it to be able to have food on the table, you need it for your medical bills. We should not be in the business of subsidizing an individual, any individual, and especially illegal aliens to the point to where they have excess money sitting around and they can just ship it overseas. Scott Pssent said, from now on, anyone who wires money out from one of these money service businesses has to check a box saying whether or not they are on public assistance. And if you are on public assistance, will start pushing that you cannot wire money out of the country. When asked what happened if they didn't tell the truth, he said, well, then that's a crime. Lying on a federal form is a crime. I know, we don't like to, you know, hold people accountable for lying to the Feds, lying about things like this, lying about anything. We don't like to hold people accountable for that. But Scott besaid says, no, not anymore. You lie, you lie in that federal form, you check that box saying you are not a Look to me, what you do with your money should be your business. I largely feel buy and large that what you do with your money is absolutely no business of the federal government. But in this case, you're talking about people who are on public assistance. They are getting tax payer dollars from the federal government. So my way of thinking, that makes it the government's business to make sure that that money is being used for what it's meant to be used for. It is meant to help the individual who was receiving that money, not meant to be shipped overseas the American people. Our generosity has been taken advantage of, Assent, said. Our generosity is funding Somali terror group Al Shabab and Iranian interest, said Laura Ingram. He said the money is supposed to go for. The money is supposed to go for alleged asylum seekers in their families and children. If you're wiring money out of the country, one of two things must be true. You are getting too much money and your benefits should be cut, or you were part of this conspiracy. Sending money to terrorists is something that we should not abide in any way, shape or form. And thank God for someone like Scott Bscent who is going to take steps to see that it no longer happens. We got to get to a break news coming up the top of the hour, and then in the eleven o'clock hour a couple of more guests. I've got my buddy Curtis out from NewsBusters dot Org, and we're gonna talk about the way this whole thing has been covered and what the media and again the whole notion of and it's something that I say all the time that the American people are poorly served by the national media, and in this case it's not true across the board, but by and large it is true. And we'll get into that. And then my friend Tina Duskovich from Moms for Liberty, it's been a while since we've had a little chat with her. We'll catch up with Moms for Liberty and find out what they're in through. And they've got a big event coming up, so we will discuss that as we roll on till midnight tonight. Dan Carroll inf Sterling on this Friday night on seven hundred WLW, seven hundred WLW, I'm Dan Carroll, glad to be here, Glad you are here as well. Always glad to welcome in my next guest. You know, one of the things I talk about a lot behind this microphone is media, the national media, and how things are covered by the national media. I have a lot of criticism, and I think it's criticism that's well learned because I spend so much time in television and radio and I've got a pretty good idea how things work behind the scenes and there's one place you can go to get all the coverage of what is happening in national media, and that is NewsBusters dot Org MRC. And Curtis Holk is the managing ed of the there, and I've had him on a lot, but I think this is the first time we've had a chance to talk in twenty twenty six. And Curtis hal Happy New Year and welcome back to seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: If New York Dang could be with you.
Speaker 1: Good to be with you as well. Give me and first of all, before we do anything, I always like to give credit where credit is due, because I am I am very critical of the NBC's of the world, the ABC's, the CBS's, the CNNs and all the rest of it. New York Times, the LA Times, all that stuff. But when something happens that deserves credit, I want to give credit. And NBC News in the day after the day of the incident in Minneapolis where the ice agent unfortunately had to shoot and kill that woman, Tom Lomas, and they had an analyst there and they did a segment that was honest, a segment that was forthright, and they analyzed frame by frame the video from that scene and they did an on I thought they did a very honest and straightforward assessment of that. So I want to give credit especially to Tom Lomas. I mean, this guy, when he was making his bones, he was covering the Trump campaign. You could always count on him being a reliable Trump basher, a reliable tool for the left to get the word of the agenda out there as best he could. But in this instance, they did an honest analysis of that video, frame by frame, and so at least starting off this conversation, I want to give them credit for that.
Speaker 10: Well, you know, it is interesting to see the pivot in the media that Yamas has been running a semi decent newscast, a pretty decent newscast since he took over for Lester Halt, and with what's going on at CBS with Barry Wise and Tony Dakoppel, we could be looking at a situation where two of the three network evening newscasts aren't completely like unhinged liberal tears, liberal anger, gnashing of teeth. But the reason that segment, I'll just say real quick, is really good is because Tom Winner is the law enforcement reporter there. It was almost like a football play, you know, bringing it frame by frame, kind of circling things, kind of pointing things out.
Speaker 6: And he also did a good thing to him by saying.
Speaker 10: Basically, talk about what they know and what they don't know. And it's not weakness on the part of the news media that if something is unclear, like we none of us know what the woman was saying to these ice officers in the moments beforehand.
Speaker 9: If anything, but that's something that we may want to know.
Speaker 10: It may enhance the picture of what happened the other day. And you know, I think the media so often want to reach a certain conclusion that fulfill.
Speaker 9: Their preset biases that they're not.
Speaker 10: Willing to step back and just be like, Okay, well we know this, but we don't know this. And that's really where we've run into a problem with trust in the media.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if you are one of those that gets your main information, your main source of information is let's say a news or let's say the Associated Press, the only thing you really know about this is that a woman who was minding her own business was gunned down by a bloodthirsty ice agent at the direction of Donald Trump. That's pretty much and maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit Curtis out, but that's pretty much the message that they wanted to get out there in their initial reporting of this.
Speaker 11: Lemir.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the AP headline here quote woman.
Speaker 10: Killed by ice agent in Minneapolis was a mother of three poets and new to the city. Yeah, oh wow, oh, very stunning stuff. But I mean, I think multiple things can be true here.
Speaker 9: I mean, this thing was a tragedy.
Speaker 10: This woman clearly, I mean, it was clear the Vice president was absolutely right that she was radicalized by the left. Maggie Vespa the NBC News went out on the Today Show this morning and said that the Vice president's claims about her being a radical leftist were without evidence, without evidence, absolutely insane. But it does a disservice to the facts of the case and her as well. And unfortunately this has all been a result of the culture of haraffsment. Scott Jennings the other day he talked about this being a deadly consequence of political vigilanteism, you know, and the difference between observe and obstruct law enforcement and calling law enforcement gestapo. But I think the key here is that this is going to be found likely to be awful but legal. Tom Winner also said that earlier in the day of the NBC's coverage in the moments thereafter, and that's okay, But that kind of nuanced dand is not allowed on CNN and MS. Now it's Trump administration, Ice, bad, evil, stupid Jacob.
Speaker 9: Fried, Tim Wall's good, you know.
Speaker 10: I mean, it's a very black and white world for these people, and it's hyperbolic, and it does the country no good.
Speaker 1: Well, and there's no condemnation of the really the hateful and the violent and device of rhetoric that comes from the left. You know, there were demonstrations in multiple cities across the United States last night, Curtis out, including here in Cincinnati, and I saw video today of these individuals in Queens, New York. They were chanting that we support hamas in other cities across the country, they were talking about taking out the head of Homeland Security, Christy nom and hanging them aric, talking about killing ICE agents and things like that. Where's the national network reporting on that sort of hateful rhetoric.
Speaker 9: It has not been really anywhere.
Speaker 10: I mean, the only thing I've seen is last night Tony de Koppel interviewed the mayor of Minneapolis, Jacob Frye, and he.
Speaker 9: Pointed out to him.
Speaker 10: That, you know, you've got protesters in the streets saying things like Nazis go home.
Speaker 9: How are you helping the situation calm down?
Speaker 10: And Fry's answer said, well, I appreciate that we in Minneapolis are all about seeing with one accord, like excuse me. You know, you have Tim Walls out there channeling his democratic forefathers by talking about mobilizing the National Guard like during the Civil Rights movement or something like that, you know, and we this all comes to as we're talking about the Somali community and the Somalis.
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, they built the city.
Speaker 10: As Peggy Flannagan, the Lieutenant governor, and others have said, it's such a disgusting and inhumane view of people when they're criminals or in some cases, as Tom Homan has talked about, they're victims of these leftist kind of slave masters thinking that they rule over everyone.
Speaker 1: You know, Purnis, I think about this, and I go back and I look at a headline that was posted from the Associated Press when this incident happened, and here's the here's the headline from the Associated Press, the killing of a nursing student out for a run highlights the fears of solo female athletes. So, and this corresponds with a text I saw on X and the individual said, you know, if this woman in Minneapolis had been killed by an illegal alien, we wouldn't be going through all these changes that we're going through right now here in the in the media or the debate on this. There would be there would be no outrage at all.
Speaker 10: None, none, whatsoever. I mean, I mean that's the thing too. I mean, Jacob Fries come out. He took a question this morning at a press conference, saying, well, you know, people don't like my rhetoric or whatever, like, oh so what I used a bunch.
Speaker 9: Of F bombs.
Speaker 10: I'm saying all these things, but you know this woman is dead. Yes, Mayor Fry, Joscelyn Nungray and Rachel Morin are unavailable to comment about whether your policy about not allowing ICE to go into city jail to get out illegal immigrants with ICE detainers is a go to bad policy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You know, we spent so much time wondering if the media is ever going to change. And I had a guest on my show last night, a guy named Steve Oldfield. I used to work with him. He was a he was a movie critic for many years. Now he's he's doing his own documentaries. He's a professor at at Thomas Moore University here in northern Kentucky, and he he saw perilous. He he did a documentary about Nick Sandon. You may remember Nick Sammon, the the Covington kid, and you know, he was the one that was the initial reporting came out that he was at the Washington Monument or the Lincoln Monument and he was standing in the face of this, you know, this this Indian dude who was just trying to you know, the guy was being very disrespectful. He had a mega hat on, and of course he was a Trump supporter, so the media rushed to judgment on this kid. It just told very fall defamatory things about him, and he wound up with a multimillion dollar settlement against against CNN that may have been in the hundreds of millions of dollars. And he was saying that he was seeing parallels between that coverage and the coverage that surrounded this incident in Minneapolis, and he's seeing some parallels there. And the question I have about that is, you know, I think there was some soul searching from media local and national about the way they rolled this story out and how quickly they were putting that false narrative out there because and I think the same element drives that coverage as the coverage we're seeing on this is that if this accrues to the negative for Trump, then we are going to go ahead and put it out there, and ethics be damned, damn the torpedoes, We're going to put it out there, and if it hurts Trump that is, you know, we'll deal with the fallout later and clean up the mess later. And I think we're seeing the same sort of thing then, as we're seeing that.
Speaker 10: Too often the national news media and unfortunately some local folks as well, have to frame every news story through a Trump angle. Does this benefit Trump? Can we work Trump into the story somehow or not? You know, I don't understand why they continue down this path, considering how much fatigue I can pretty much guarantee there is. I know that Paul Farkeey, a former Washington Post media reporter, has been trying to get some anti Trump book published, and he shared on social media the other day that like publishers are basically like Yeah, we've reached a point of saturation with these Trump books. Nobody's really buying them, So you wonder if you're going to hit that point in news as well. I mean, it's very disingenuous. And the other point I'll just make is, in some of these cases, it's too good to check. It's too good to check for them because you've got to get to air. And it's not just about rushing Terran being first, because yes, I think that's one in claim, But the main thing is is to get a set of narratives out there, because it's very difficult to put the truthpaste back. And then two, as we saw with Michael Brown and hands up, don't shoot, it's very hard once a set of facts are established, or that the president is a Russian agent, that those kinds of things. The quicker you get those things set and in the ether, the harder it is to kind of reel things back in if once the facts come out it's different than what they were promoting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you you mentioned the headline from that AP story earlier, and if you look at the first sentence of that story, they've got the term killed by an Ice agent and Donald Trump in the same sentence. So and that's not done by a mistake, that is done on purpose. They want people to associate this woman being killed with Donald Trump bottom line. And I mean it's it's really it's it's sick and it's insidious. I mean, it's really getting to the point. And we we know, we see all these these uh different media pundits bemoaning the fact that you know, there's no trust in the media anymore, and somehow I guess that's Trump's fault too. But they have by and large, uh, if not one hundred percent, brought the distrust that they enjoy from the American people at this point in time, they brought it on themselves.
Speaker 10: That's either getting mad at Tony da Koppel or they did on New Year's Day when he put out his commentary saying that people don't trust the media and they have a right to not trust them.
Speaker 9: UH.
Speaker 10: An AP editor Nick Ricardi uh tweeted over it and basically more or less said, well, you know, very often the customer is not always right, so basically screw them, And well, yeah, that's certainly true. There are certain uh facts that should not be in dispute, like what is a man and what is a woman?
Speaker 9: But I t crass you.
Speaker 10: There have to there has to be some sort of you know, recognition about trying to at least understand why the public doesn't trust you. And instead it's this continuing active sticking.
Speaker 9: Your head in the sand.
Speaker 10: And just being completely unapologetic and not willing to kind of look at yourself in the mirror about what's going And that's exactly and that's really exactly what we've been seeing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you make of the way this guy surely has been treated for the videos that he put out walking around to the different daycare centers in Minneapolis and saying, hey, look there's no one here, and he's walking through the office buildings and hey, you know it's a home healthcare service. Can I get some healthcare here? And you know, time after time he's showing the empty buildings and talking about all the millions they're getting from the federal government and all the rest of that. And this guy is just being maligned from one end to the other. I think there was a time in this country where this guy would have been celebrated and said, look at the courage, Look what this guy is doing going out there with it with his own camera, his own on his own initiative, and doing the job that your typical reporters ought to be doing. And I think there was some local reporting on this in Minneapolis that was done years ahead of time when this story first broke, I think was back in about twenty fifteen. But they have this guy out there and they have Hi his name just smeared, and have his work pooh poohed by the national media. Is I look at that and that's a disgrace instead of recognizing what this guy has gone.
Speaker 10: Out and done when it comes to Somali daycarees. I mean, I mean, what's interesting is CNN in New York Times. I just think of those two in particular, there are stories about Somali daycare fraud. Has not been about investigating the particular claims. It has been trying to undermine Nick Sureley. Even these World News Tonight has only spent thirty five seconds talking about Somali fraud.
Speaker 1: Period thirty five seconds, thirty five much unbelievable.
Speaker 10: Only three and a half times more on the Somali population being victims of the Trumpet administration, and it's it's just again more about the personal and attacking Nick Shirley. Oh, he's just some conservative YouTuber, like he's not a real journalist. Did he go to journalism school? I mean, it's that kind of infantile, juvenile attitude that we are so used to from these folks. You just want to ask these people how old are you? Are you going to investigate the actual merits of this or are you just going to like attack him personally. I think they settled on we're just going to attack him personally instead of trying to, you know, see about what's going on here, or they just say without evidence and hope that people that aren't is tuned into the news, you know, slink away and stop asking questions.
Speaker 1: Curtis Holf, we got to run. But before I let you go, are the American people well served by the national media that we have right now?
Speaker 10: I mean, while as I say, there's still been improvements made, it is still not the case. It is still not the case by any stretch of the imagination. And we should want a strong national media in this country. We should I want to see the nast met as a concept go away, but there needs to be serious reforms.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's right there in the First Amendment, so it should be taken advantage of, and it's something that should not be Abuya.
Speaker 10: Copple says, the First Amendment has a right to the free press. It does not include a right or demand that we trust them.
Speaker 1: That's fact. That's that's pretty good. That's pretty good stuff right there. So there are some changes happening at CBS, and the numbers for MS now continue to go down the toilet. But that's a subject for another day. Curtis Houck, as always MRC NewsBusters, you guys do great work over there. Tell everyone over there. I said, hey, and keep up the great work, and I will certainly look forward to the times that we get a chance to talk in the year ahead. In twenty twenty six.
Speaker 9: Absolutely talk soon, my friend.
Speaker 1: Curtis Houk, you're the best, Keep up the great work, and we will talk to you again on seven hundred WLW. All right back on the big one, seven hundred w LW. We can see you on this Friday with another great guest. Always love catching up every so often with my friend Tina Diskovich, one of the founders of a group Tina Diskovich A Mom's for Liberty. Are you still declared a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center. Do you still have that title?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 8: We do.
Speaker 7: Oh boy, oh boy.
Speaker 1: It is so much hate, so much, so much hate out there the Moms for Liberty. I read recently where one of the things you did the Moms for Liberty was put a million copies of the Constitution in middle schools across the country. Tell me about that. That had to be a huge undertaking.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 12: We partner with nine to seventeen Society. They're a free organization and the thing that they do is distribute constitute pocket constitutions for free, and so we partnered with them so that our chapter leaders across the country could place an order for free with them to get as an as many pocket constitutions as they needed.
Speaker 6: For their county.
Speaker 12: For middle school students, most across the country, either seventh or eighth grade is a Civics class, and so the goal is to get them placed in every hand of every kid for Civics, and states like Wyoming we placed in every single seventh grader in the state of Wyoming in a public school got a pocket constitution this past year. So, yeah, we have a lot more students to reach, but we've been doing it for three years now, and I will say I give out pocket constitutions at Halloween every year. I also give a full size candy bar to make up for the fact that I'm giving.
Speaker 4: Them a pocket constitution.
Speaker 12: And this was the first year two kids said, oh, I or we have one of these. I got it at school this year. So happy to see that. So we're making we're making changes.
Speaker 1: I think that is such a great idea. You know, it's one thing to put the constitutions in the schools and get them in the hands of the kids. It's another thing for them to have them look at it and refer to it on a regular basis. So hopefully that is happening. I would also imagine that the way things are in this country right now, there are some schools who would resist that idea of given as Sadly, I think there are schools and teachers and probably different school administrations that would frown on the idea of your group passing out constitutions copies of the constitutions to their sty.
Speaker 12: Yeah, one hundred percent. We've had We've had districts to cline.
Speaker 11: We sure have.
Speaker 12: Montgomery County, Pennsylvania declined last year, I think, or the year before they said they would, and then you know, we shut up with them. All we ordered them and then they declined them, so they had to scramble and find other places to place them.
Speaker 11: And you know, I could list other places across.
Speaker 12: The country to have done that. It's one of the reasons that we don't. We have pocket constitutions that are branded with Moms for Liberty, and those aren't the ones we don'tate because we want kids to.
Speaker 6: Actually have them.
Speaker 12: This isn't about Moms for Liberty getting some branding in front of kids. They're you know, in front of moms. It's literally about getting pocket constitutions. In the ninth seventeen society, all they do is donate pocket constitutions. They don't really have, you know, any other agendas, and so it's one.
Speaker 6: Of the reasons we work through them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the last time we talked, you had just started your podcast that you that you've been doing. How's everything going with the podcast so far?
Speaker 6: It's going great.
Speaker 12: I would you know, between you and I and whoever might be listening, I don't have a massive reach. I haven't reached a million viewers in my audience or anything about any Yeah, it's it's a really important podcast because it tells the story of each of our frontline warriors that are running chapters, and every single one is different and unique and remarkable. This past week, this past Wednesday, they run Wednesday morning at ten am live on All Moms for Liberty social media accounts.
Speaker 6: And this one this week was really really good.
Speaker 12: It was about our identity crisis as Americans, and one of our chapter chairs is actually a licensed mental health counselor, and we compared our whole identity crisis.
Speaker 6: As Americans to what it's like for a child.
Speaker 12: That's going through an identity crisis, and it's the same steps. Like you know, negativity is poured into you students across America. We're pouring into the America, is that it was founded on slavery, all of these things, and then you expect them to have a healthy, patriotic outlook and it's typically engaged as an adult, and it's not happening because of what we're doing to them. We're robbing them of their American identity.
Speaker 11: It was so good, It was really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you know, I think so much of that of what goes on in the education system is being played out today by what some of the video and some of the things that i'm the current events that I'm looking at on TV right now. But before we get to those current events, a couple other things I want to ask you about. Here in Ohio in the year twenty twenty six, there is a new law that is taking effect that is going to keep students in the classroom from having access to their cell phones. So there's already some school districts around here that have already started policies like that. I think it's a great idea take the cell phones and that distraction away from kids while they're in school and in the classroom. What does Moms for Liberty have to say about that idea of we know, the kids walk into school, they put their cell phone away, or they keep it in a secure pouch, or they can't be looking at it all day long. What do you think about that notion of taking the cell phones out of the hands of kids during the school day.
Speaker 12: Our membership is actually very divided on this, and some very strong opinions on both sides. I can tell you what I personally believe. I have children in school. You know, I've been a school board number lots of experiences, you know, served as a sub and classrooms of all ages, so experience the phones in the classroom, and phones should not be out in classroom period, end of the story.
Speaker 11: It's distracting.
Speaker 12: Obviously, they're getting tax and social media and all these other things are coming up on the screen even if they're trying to look something up for their lessons, So they should be put away. I do not want my children to be on campus without their phones. And there's some states and some school districts across the country that are completely banning them from even bringing them on campus, and I don't like that one. But so I think there's probably a healthy hybrid where they can put them away as they entered the classroom door, leave some teachers put charging booths at the door, leave you all of your phones right here by the door, so that they can focus during class, but have them in between.
Speaker 1: So you think there's a I guess they taken away from kids completely at school is maybe a little bit too extreme, and so we need to find something that is someplace to meet and them find some common ground on that.
Speaker 6: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: That's that's my thoughts, all right, all right, as you look at what's happening in the media right now, and again, I think so much of this relates back to our education system, and I've talked to a number of different guests about its specifically as it relates to Zorhan Mondani in New York City and he's out there and he's preaching socialism and communism, the warmth of the collective if you caught that during his inauguration speech, and again, going to get rid of the frigidity of capitalism and rugged individualism for the warmth of the collective. And I just think there's so many, especially young people who voted for this guy in New York City, and I see that as an indictment on our education system because these people, so many that voted for him, just think it's going to be all rainbows and unicorns and the rest of it. And they have really no clue about the history of the failure of socialism and communism across the world and it never works, it never has worked. But yet somehow they want to go out there and celebrate all these socialists and communist ideas that are coming to New York City.
Speaker 11: It goes back to what you know we just talked about a second ago.
Speaker 12: We have lost our American identity, and we have done that through the education system, hands down, one hundred percent. You know, we have moms liberty.
Speaker 11: We can point to a.
Speaker 12: Ton of issues in education, lessons that have been taught. I can go back to my son who's twenty four now, in his high school American government class. He texted me a photo. I said, Mom, can you even believe this? The glossary in the back of the American Government book said Karl Marx, father of capitalism. And so they've been sewing a confusion and yeah, yeah, yeah, promise you that's what I said. They've been sowing chaos and confusion, and that's that's on that that's like the good end. Like if you were like on the scale of all the horrible things they've done, that's probably like, oh, that's really not that bad. That's just a little confusing and a little.
Speaker 6: Wrong and not true.
Speaker 12: But then you can look at them actually trying to destroy American history, destroyer founding fathers, destroyer founding principles. And of course they're going to be looking for different solutions outside of capitalism and rugged individualism because been.
Speaker 6: Taught it's bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so as that relates to the current situation. Say that, like we have it in Minnesota right now, and it's specifically in Minneapolis, and you talk about this large Somali population, is that is there. It seems like there's so much fraud associated with this community and the home health care services and the day care services and the transportation companies and all this other stuff supposed to be feeding kids and all the rest of it. And it seems like we get this message that is intentionally meant to confuse people. When you talk about immigrants that come into the country, and on one hand, you know there are many many of them may be refugees, they may be here illegally, some may be here legally for different things, But it doesn't seem that we really get a clear picture from the media. And I think think a lot of people are confused about, you know what, why are we cracking down on this particular community or these particular individuals when when when you know they're they're just here for the American experience, for the American way of life. But yeah, we get so much mixed messages there. I think people look at this and again that whole issue of confusion comes into play when you look at the way this is presented to the people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it's deliberate.
Speaker 12: The confusion is deliberately done, not just to our children, but as you're saying and throughout the media. So it just carries on into your adulthood everything.
Speaker 11: You're exposed to.
Speaker 12: And I mean, if you're a god fearing person who is the father of confusion and lies, that's where this stems from and comes from. And the fruit of confusion and lies are things like we're seeing unfold in Minneapolis now, which is it's hard for us to handle and work through. It's very it's hard for our country to face. But to just go full circle in the conversation, it's starting in America's classrooms, and that's what Mom's Liberty was created for, to start fighting back.
Speaker 11: But my goodness, we still that long way to go.
Speaker 1: You see. Well, but I look at the map that's on your website and I see all the chapters that are popping up. You've still got some areas out there that are a little bit thin, But it seems like more and more people are catching on to the movement that is Mom's for Liberty.
Speaker 11: Let's go Ohio.
Speaker 12: We have lots of blue left still in Ohio, and that's you're blue on there. If you don't have a Mom's Liberty chapter, you need to be gold. You need to be shining and have a light in your county so that you have moms and dads that are watchdogs watching the school districts making sure this nonsense isn't in your community.
Speaker 3: OK.
Speaker 1: Tell me about On January thirteenth, Moms for Liberty has an event that's coming up on the steps of the United States Supreme Court and this is the rally for Women's Sports. Talk about this event a little bit and what is going on with the Supreme Court that day and where Moms for Liberty is on this and what you hope to accomplish.
Speaker 9: Ah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well I wish we could take full credit. I know we put out graphics and information for other people to gather there too, But it's really Alliance Defending Freedom.
Speaker 6: It's their case.
Speaker 12: It's a keep Boys out, a women's sports case, keeping protect girl spaces case.
Speaker 11: It's a landmark obviously Supreme Court case.
Speaker 9: That will be heard.
Speaker 12: And so they put together a rally outside that just seems to be growing and growing.
Speaker 11: There's a lot of organizations that are going to be present.
Speaker 12: And a lot of our moms were saying, we want to go, we want to be there, and so we're just organizing them together and doing a reception after we invite anyone to join us. It starts at ten am and we'll be doing a private reception after. But if you go to mom's leb we got a organ sign up, we can invite you to our private reception.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how did we get to the point to where Look, I'm guessing that year old enough that when you went to school, there was boys, sports, there was sports, there was a boy's restroom and a girl's restroom, and there really wasn't any confusion about that. But now, and thankfully, I think because of the policies of this administration, we're getting away from that. But the whole idea, there's still a lot of places around this country where they are fighting this tooth and nail, and people look at this notion of having teenage boys compete against girls in sports. They want to act as if there's nothing wrong with that and it's no big deal. But in so many of these people have spent time with Title nine and trying to get better situations for women in sports and all the rest of it. But yet in so many cases they're willing to throw all that away just to pursue this agenda item.
Speaker 12: My goodness, this topic, we could do a whole day radio. So I'm not even sure where to start. But it's been, it's been in the works for generations. You can tie it into the conversation of causing confusion and chaos. And what more confusion can you cause if you can't even identify the difference between a boy and a girl the basic Biblical Genesis one, you know, man and woman, and so it strikes to the core of evil. You can trace it starting in America really in the forties and fifties. You can move all the way up to the early two thousands and the twenty tens, when we started seeing here in Florida policies, especially in Obama under President Obama, they started, you know, the dear colleagues, let dear colleague letters to school districts where they started pulling the putting in the word gender identity into all these discrimination policies across the country. They were laying the groundwork. And you know, now in hindsight, we can look back and see steps that were taken systematically, well planned out to bring us to where we are today, and so we have to be smarter. We have to see these things coming. But like you said, the administration first executive order at the gate, I believe was get boys out of girls sports. And we at Monster Liberty have been fighting it, and we've sued the bid administration. We've got a federal injunction. There's so many good people really fighting this. But it is remarkable that that's where we are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, those on the other side of this issue, they never give up. And I can sit here and look at it, and I can look at the policies of the Trump administration and get a sense or have a feeling that the tide is turning away from this. But then I also get the feeling that there are just a lot of areas around the country where you have school boards or administrators or people who have a certain agenda are simply lying in wait for their time too to come up and push this agenda once again.
Speaker 12: Right now, it's just an executive order, like President Trump, what does you have? Three more years goes away? In three years, it's gone. So we've got whole states Colorado right now, for example, the state of Washington doing bowel initiatives, because this pulls eighty five five percent of parents, whether you're a Republican a Democrat, whether you are pro choice or pro life, eighty five percent of parents in general do not want boys in their daughter's bathrooms, locker rooms, or on their sports teams. And so we have to take it directly to bad initiatives and state laws and handle this in other ways because President Trump cannot save us forever.
Speaker 1: All right, So Moms for Liberty the big rally at the Supreme Court January thirteenth at ten am. You'll be out there, hopefully you'll have decent weather for that. But you don't have to be a mom to join Mom's for Liberty, do you You don't.
Speaker 6: We have dads and.
Speaker 12: Uncles just concerned set of sins that are all part of our organization. We have seven chapters that are led by dads right now, so you could even you could even be in leadership if you would like to volunteer your time to saving America, saving our education system and preserving it for future generations. We have so many things coming up in twenty twenty six for America two fifty and maybe you can have me back on soon to talk about some of these big events for partnering with Glenn Back and Mercury one and some others.
Speaker 11: It's going to be fabulous.
Speaker 1: That is fantastic, well, Tina Diskovich. I always look forward to having a chance to talk to you and catch up and find out what's been going on with Moms for Liberty. Thank you so much for the time you do great work. I encourage you to keep up the great work in twenty twenty six and we will definitely have some conversations in the year ahead, so I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 6: Okay, talk soon. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, Tina diskoviach Moms for Liberty, and all you got to do is google it if you want to find out more for Moms for Liberty, and it'll take you right to the website Moms for Liberty and you can find out about all the good stuff they're doing. Still a hate group though, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center, and I think that tells you only need to know about that organization. I'm Dan Carroll seven hundred w wel do