Speaker 1: Morning, lady, gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine.
Speaker 2: I'm like a dog in heat.
Speaker 3: I woke up yesterday morning with a spring of usty. Start later, please, I could never know if the day with us Florida. Listen up.
Speaker 4: The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key demogram, super duper. That's nice night to go, Nito Gay, Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 5: It is the fifth day of January twenty twenty six. You used to say, and then writing that, huh, my name is Chris Hockey. Welcome to the Partrip Morning Show on a Monday morning.
Speaker 3: Here we go. That's it.
Speaker 5: The season's over, Viking season over. Didn't it just start a minute ago? Lots of talk about their Ben Leeber Mike Mussman cast the thousands Power Trip Morning Show back in full force. I'm battle on of our Here's Nick Turner Comedy Monday Morning.
Speaker 3: Come on in. I'm glad you're here.
Speaker 6: If anyone owns the birds, I should say congratulations. First off, you're doing God's work, because here's what happens when you own a bird, is you isolate. The best thing about the animal his ability to fly, and you rip that way from them and you replace that with your conditional love.
Speaker 3: And then you're jamming into a cage and you explained I'm going to work like forever goodbye, and you throw a blanket on it and.
Speaker 6: You're just like, yeah, he could be flying around in the sky, but just feel more comfortable.
Speaker 3: If he's in prison on my apartment.
Speaker 6: And you're like, I got a flight to catch you remember flying.
Speaker 3: Play with that cat. I'm like a dog and heat freaking out.
Speaker 7: Report I have an appetite for sex because me so hardy. The f sid is we.
Speaker 3: Feed us on your side. You hear the distance, thunder this land in your stray.
Speaker 2: Yes, pitch.
Speaker 3: To take it, dude, TI.
Speaker 2: Hi, Welcome to the Power to Your Morning, Joe. It is Monday, January fifth.
Speaker 1: Finally feels like a regular week on The Power to the Morning Show.
Speaker 2: The band is.
Speaker 1: All here, Regular schedule, Regular week twenty twenty six, The Viking Season. In the rear view mirror, Hi, good morning, Hi Corey. How are you great?
Speaker 2: How are you? I'm good Man cool Bog's daddy, How are you? I'm great?
Speaker 3: I love I love it, love what my my email's been signing in over there for twenty two minutes trying to get onto the I love it. It's great, all the things I had prepared. You know, I write the entire show. It's a script.
Speaker 2: Did you forget your password?
Speaker 5: I remembered it and then I loaded in on my and the computer was like, cool, let me sign you in.
Speaker 3: Hang on a second. Oh it's great, it's great fun. Yeah, it's awesome. That's all right, it's good man. It's the way I wanted to start the new year. Let's go, yeah, new year man, that's right.
Speaker 2: Well, it's the new sports here. The Viking season is over.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We put that baby to bed, just like Louis. Yeah, put him to bed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's no baby anymore's teenager now, right, he's one?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, that's what I mean. Yeah, he's growing up every second. He's currently asleep right now.
Speaker 3: No, he's not. He is now. He's snuck out the window and he's partying with some hookers.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I didn't know he had Petty Cash on it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Richard Petty Cash.
Speaker 2: He knew him. Richard Petty still alive? Correct?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: Is he loaded? He's gotta be.
Speaker 3: Probably not at the moments early in the morment.
Speaker 1: I don't mean drunk. I mean it must have been here at seven. I mean like, yeah, I mean he could be is Richard he's a multimillionaire. But I'm saying, does he have twenty million? Does he have two hundred million? What does Richard Petty have? This says he's worth and whatever? This means sixty five million, sixty saying you own a racing team.
Speaker 3: I don't think he does anymore.
Speaker 2: If he is, it's like a partial honor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got a halfy.
Speaker 2: How old do you think he is?
Speaker 3: Cor Oh? Man, I have no idea, but I'm gonna guess.
Speaker 1: Uh, I guess in his eighties.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say eighty four.
Speaker 7: Do you know, Zach? No, I would say that's a about it. I would have put him at eighty two.
Speaker 3: Hogs I'm a save, But eighty nine.
Speaker 2: He's eighty eight. Eighty eight years old? Wow, eighty eight.
Speaker 3: Is twice great?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well good for him?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, he's still he's still around. Man.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of birthdays, shouldn't you do you have a flight to DC today, Zachary?
Speaker 3: Or not? Today's your day?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: You guys don't know Zach is a Jay sixer. Yeah, Zacha parties into Washington, d C. Every handful of years, and his birthday is tomorrow. So I assumed you were going to Washington tomorrow to dress.
Speaker 7: It's gonna take a couple of gavels. Good for you man, the tour, yeah, well, self guided, self guided tour, Yeah, right on. Good for you man.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday tomorrow, Gavel de Gras, great, great artist.
Speaker 3: Oh, he doesn't want to be anything other than when he's.
Speaker 2: Trying to be.
Speaker 1: Lately, you're getting high for your birthday, chariot. What you getting high for your birthday? I mean it's a Tuesday.
Speaker 3: No, it's during the week. Okay, you don't do it during the week.
Speaker 2: Good for you.
Speaker 3: Zech. Look at you guys, all disciplined.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we try nice discipline. Thanks man. Time is welcome. Thirty five long.
Speaker 3: Way to go?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got a ways to go.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what, did anybody else stay up and watch every bit of that last game last night? No good, I can't believe it's so good.
Speaker 5: The kid missed the extra point and you're like, that's gonna catch him, cast him the game, and then it did, but it didn't because dude, missed the field goal.
Speaker 3: My god, that's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: The freaking stealers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, moving on, ravens Out, I like, I like moments when you just yell at the TV.
Speaker 7: You know, you know, you sound like a crazy You fairly look like a crazy person. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're just sitting there like, Oh, I.
Speaker 3: Was like, no, she's an actress. Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was fun. It was a good game.
Speaker 3: How many games of the year we had this season? Well, I mean, yeah, it's brand new year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so one.
Speaker 1: How many absolutely unwatchable games were yesterday?
Speaker 2: Almost almost all of them.
Speaker 1: That's the worst part about the last week of the year is you get two or three games that mean everything and the rest of them are just preseason games on steroids.
Speaker 2: And our game was one of them. Yeah, that sucked.
Speaker 3: Feeland's going to the playoffs with our future quarterback.
Speaker 2: Future quarterback.
Speaker 1: Well, if you don't mind me pulling up Twitter here, give me a second talk amongst yourselves. I'll give you a topic road neither an yesterday. J J McCarthy sucks kind of I did, Yeah, Johnson.
Speaker 3: JJ McCarthy is the worst quarterback.
Speaker 2: He's a man, a mommy.
Speaker 3: You tweet a lot let me fall back.
Speaker 2: Yes, so here it is.
Speaker 1: Eleven hours ago, saw stweeted JJ McCarthy should not be the starter next season.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to my Ted talk. And I don't like Facebook.
Speaker 1: And Ted talk was just capital T, lowercase E, lowercase D, as in it was a guy's name.
Speaker 2: I don't Ted talk.
Speaker 3: I don't think. I'm not quite sure why I'm here or what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: JJ McCarthy should not be the starter next season. Thank you for listening to my Ted talk. What a weird Ted talk that would be? Yea, it was quick.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't think he's earned the starting job, and I think that they will. They will bring in a veteran quarterback who will be the starter next season.
Speaker 3: The starter, Yes, not compete to be the starter, but.
Speaker 7: Yes, such as I mean Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 3: Lamar Jackson, mac Jones.
Speaker 7: I mean, there's a lot of Mack truck, Mack truck, Madni Diesel truck.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I just think, like after you watched yesterday's game, and I know it was a meaningless football game, but like, no, those are like third string guys. If you put your guy Corey brock perty or Lamar Jackson or Jordan Love against that defense, he probably throws for like three hundred and fifty yards in multiple touchdowns. No, oh good, you got the pro Oh nice phone, car, I did what did you have fas right in front of the camera.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing that on purpose.
Speaker 3: I'm just reading this.
Speaker 2: I did have the eleven. I didn't know what you're talking about for a second.
Speaker 1: I saw sixteen hours ago you tweeted nine is struggling against fourth string guys, and and then you tweeted a gift of Lamar Jackson dancing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, let Lamar Jackson go. I mean, boy, he threw some dimes. Oh my gosh, was he good last night?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean I do you guys think that he'll be the starter Week one next season?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 7: Thank you jack Black for standing up for now. Hell yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I hate to go Tom Pellis sauna, but I feel like it's fifty to fifty because I definitely think they're going to let him compete for it. If you bring in Lamar Jackson, then clearly he loses that, right. If it's Burrow, if it's a huge name like Baker or Burrow or Jackson, then obviously JJ's the backup. If it's somebody like mac Jones, I think they're going to do the competition bit and then he's useless. I mean, I don't think mac Jones would come here and be thrilled about being in a competition.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well that's the Alec Lewis wrote about that.
Speaker 7: That's the problem they're going to have is they're not going to get a lot of these guys that are established, you know, fringe starters are not going to want to come to a situation where they're going to be in a competition.
Speaker 3: You should wear a fringe.
Speaker 7: That's why Daniel Jones is not here. You should wear a fedora, I should and French. That be a great look. Al what about some him bar mustache going on?
Speaker 2: That would be great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that'd be cool. You actually do have.
Speaker 1: Kind of a face and a beard that would fit the Old West, like a really nice kind of Val Kilmer mustache.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I wishculosis Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's the other Oh no, that is Val Kilmer.
Speaker 1: Why don't you Why don't you get a Val Kilmer mustache and wear a cowboy hat three hundred and sixty days a year. Yeah, and then not get not three sixty five, three sixty.
Speaker 2: So what days would I not wear a cowboy hat? You pick? Okay, dealer's choice.
Speaker 7: So if I don't want to wear yourself first five, then I don't, But then I got to wear it the rest of the year.
Speaker 1: Again, that would be a really weird choice if I was you, because like, what if you have a funeral? Yeah, but I and you already wasted your five cowboy hatless days Jan one through five, and now you're now you're wearing a cowboy hat to your You know, I don't know your dad's funeral.
Speaker 2: You'd be like, what I should have?
Speaker 3: What am I doing?
Speaker 1: By the way, best of luck to Jeff in twenty twenty six. I didn't mean to be so ominous. Pull your hands up.
Speaker 7: Don't you think Hockey would want me to wear a cowboy hat to his funeral?
Speaker 3: M I want you all to be dead. If I'm dead, geez.
Speaker 1: So buried in a cowboy hat though, just before him? How do they do that? How do they do what?
Speaker 7: They put the cowboy hat and then the dead guy in the casket?
Speaker 2: Don't they put it here? Oh? You also can kind of just tilt it over like at an angle.
Speaker 1: So it looks like they're going, ma'am, yeah, you know what I'm saying, up on the yah, you can put the hand up on the brim.
Speaker 2: When I dip, you dip, we dip. Great show.
Speaker 3: Charmed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like I feel like if we are at Chris's funeral, it's going to be closed casket and he's not going to be in there.
Speaker 2: The whole thing is going to be a room. Take it away from the law. But I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think anybody's gonna cry because nobody's gonna believe that he's actually dead.
Speaker 3: Here's all I want that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna peak.
Speaker 1: You're gonna peak because you're gonna be like he asked us to not come looking for him, so I don't think he's actually in there. So everybody else is gonna go, Paul, Paul, Paul, close Casca, what are you doing? And you're gonna get in there and you're gonna peek, and he's gonna have some kind of a body double like die fiery or something.
Speaker 3: He'll be there though.
Speaker 7: This guy's like missus doubtfire yeah, because yeah, yeah, he'll want to hear all the nice things we say about it. Oh yeah, wow, Owen Wilson will be there, Yeah, just on a whim.
Speaker 3: Travis Kelsey, whoa.
Speaker 1: Who's the most famous person that would would come to your funeral?
Speaker 2: John Randall? Probably, Nick Swartson probably.
Speaker 3: I wonder if I wonder if joshain Mo would come to my funeral.
Speaker 1: That's a good question. Give him a call. Yeah, I bet he would. Is it in North Dakota? Would you have your funeral in North Dakota? If you knew Josh was gonna show up?
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna be in charge of it. Who is?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You shouldn't you shouldn't have any say in your funeral? Probably not.
Speaker 2: Don't you get dead?
Speaker 3: Go away?
Speaker 2: Any of you guys have a will?
Speaker 3: Not for you? I will.
Speaker 2: I lost my will a long time.
Speaker 7: But like you should, Corlus, I mean I don't yet.
Speaker 2: And that's what my old man is. Do you have one?
Speaker 3: Right? Hawk? Correct? Correct? Correct?
Speaker 2: Do you have one?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: I don't have any affairs in order?
Speaker 1: Yeah, have some affairs, have.
Speaker 3: Some affairs the new you in twenty six? Yeah, what's mine going to say? You get this debt, you get this debt, you get this debt, and you get fuck wow, who's that going to you're dead? Well, it's his.
Speaker 2: Originally he wrote the will.
Speaker 1: I mean it'd be weird to give an engraved one to somebody else.
Speaker 2: I mean it says to my sweet Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: And I do not want him having like a death wish on somebody. You would grave to dildo for my dad? Well, yeah, I mean obviously I don't want to get him mixed up. I have to have a mark. Who's his? Who's I don't want to get your dad dildo mixed up? Potrip Betts's.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, do you still have that?
Speaker 3: I don't know where it went. Stand up?
Speaker 2: Mmmm, it's a ludicrous Yeah, that who saying stand up? Great song?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is that the name of the song or is that just what he says? Wow?
Speaker 7: For a goof, it would be funny to invite somebody with you just said, I'm like, what's a gooth?
Speaker 3: For a goof?
Speaker 7: It would be funny to invite somebody with severe Tourett's and like that to your funeral.
Speaker 2: It's a gag.
Speaker 7: That would be funny just for a gooth. That would be hilarious.
Speaker 3: Fuck th right, if.
Speaker 7: You get in a circle with the casket and then you played duck Duck gooth not in this state.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can anywhere else that plays here. We play Duck Duck cut Gray Duck.
Speaker 2: You know that.
Speaker 1: Of course, have some more affairs in twenty twenty six, exactly, get.
Speaker 3: Them lined up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, line up some affairs. Bet Lever will be here in like forty five minutes.
Speaker 2: Michael J. Mussman.
Speaker 1: The third should be here about seven o'clock. The Viking season is over. We'll talk about that at some point.
Speaker 3: Did you hear yesterday's pregame show Corey? I did not. I had a fact the blue Saucy's mind.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, is that right?
Speaker 3: Yes, must blow your mind when we come back, because I don't think anybody listened to the pregame show Yeshay.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can't believe anybody watched or listen to the game. Who is that bad what I've done?
Speaker 3: We were on at ten forty five.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well no, if you went too bet the over under of primetime games this team has next season, would you put it at one and a half.
Speaker 3: Nah, we're a good draw.
Speaker 2: I mean everybody gets a Thursday game. Yeah, so take that.
Speaker 1: So that's one. So are you asking do we get one more? I'd say for sure, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Packers Vikings is always that at least once.
Speaker 2: So I take the over.
Speaker 3: Plus, people are gonna want to know what Aaron Rodgers is doing a quarterback.
Speaker 1: Plus, as nuts as it sounds, we weren't a winning team this year.
Speaker 2: It doesn't feel like.
Speaker 1: It feels like we lost about thirty games, but the team technically finished with a winning record, which is a very fraudulent thing.
Speaker 7: True.
Speaker 2: We did, Yeah, yeah, yeah, we did. It's not debatable.
Speaker 1: Nope, but didn't feel like a winning year, but we did finish with a winning record. More of the Power Show after this on the Fan Human.
Speaker 5: Hi, everybody, Welcome to twenty twenty six. On the Parist Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Right oh, yesterday, it was the end of the Viking season. The coach was asked after the game, Well, JJ McBee, back, as you're starting quarterback next year.
Speaker 9: I think every year you're coming back to build a team throughout the offseason, throughout the draft, throughout the you know, leading into training camp. I think he's improved throughout the season. I think he's grown like a lot of young quarterbacks do throughout the season. Today was his tenth start. I can't wait to work with him in the offseason and absolutely look forward to the continued development and improvement.
Speaker 1: All Right, So his first season wipes away with injury. Second season he missed like half of it with injury, and obviously.
Speaker 3: He didn't play very well.
Speaker 2: When he did he had moments, but mostly didn't play very well.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Once you're I would argue a year in, but definitely now two years in your draft selection means nothing. Right now, it's based on total Like, you can't just say, well, he was the tenth overall pick. We got to give him a chance. That's year one and maybe year two. Once you're two years in and a full year as a starter, even though you miss half of it because of injury and durability as a factor, you don't. You can't go back and go we have to give him all the time in the world.
Speaker 2: He was the tenth pick.
Speaker 1: Not anymore. Yeah, No, Now it's based on merit. It's based on actual results, and if the kid's not putting up results, you have to figure out a backup plan. So I think everybody in the world assumes there's gonna be a much different quarterback room in twenty twenty six. He's gonna be a part of it. And he might be the starter. I don't think it's a no for sure. The thing that sucks we can talk a lot about this one Ben gets here. The the goal for twenty twenty five was do we have a franchise quarterback?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Yes or no? We got to figure that out this year. And the thing that sucks is we just didn't figure that out.
Speaker 2: We did.
Speaker 1: We definitely one hundred percent cannot say yes. There's definitely people ready to say no. I don't think we can definitively say no either. It just sucks that we can't say yes. Yes is definitely not the answer because he missed so much time. The answer is on the spectrum of he's one hundred percent our starting quarterback, he's our franchise quarterback, or he's a one hundred percent of bust. Let's move on.
Speaker 2: It's like you should probably go to the gas station, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: The tank's not empty, but the arrow is definitely on that side of the equation, and you gotta fill up tank.
Speaker 3: Some some way.
Speaker 1: I don't know where do you guys put the arrow on that spectrum from full to empty.
Speaker 2: That's where I'm Matt.
Speaker 1: I'm at, like a quarter tank or I'm not ready to write him off, but it's we're in the quarter tank range.
Speaker 2: Hogs.
Speaker 3: Well, I think you'd be not doing your job if you didn't bring in somebody that was capable of taking the job from him exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he you.
Speaker 5: Know, in the in the ten games he started, I believe five of them, he either left the game or was injured in the game. So you don't know for sure if that was his fault or the the fault of the offensive line, or if he is, you know, a highly injured guy. I think there's too many question marks to just say we're good there.
Speaker 1: The part that sucks about that, though, is that if he had just lit it up the rest of the year but then just couldn't stay healthy, think of how optimistic we would still be if he was playing his ass off but then had a series of bad where he twisted his ankle or he had a hairline sure in his hand. You'd go, all right, it doesn't matter, though. When this guy's healthy, he's the real deal. We're not there either, No, we are not. So injuries are a factor. But even when he was healthy, he was his numbers were at some points historically bad right there. In the last twenty five years. At one point he had like the worst quarterback rating of anybody that had played whatever it was X amount of games.
Speaker 2: Yep, So.
Speaker 1: Injuries are a factor, but man, I'm I'm actually more bummed about the times that he was healthy and still not playing very well.
Speaker 3: Here's Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 1: It's you at your funeral. I'm pretty sure that's Chris. That's the exact wig he would select.
Speaker 3: Hey, guys, don't look over. Is this all fake?
Speaker 1: All your hands up? Missus doutfire? What hawk I thought you were going to ask? Would Chris bang himself dressed as missus doubtfire?
Speaker 3: Here's what I know. At my funeral, I'll be there dressed as a woman. Yeah, but I won't be the only dude they're dressing.
Speaker 2: He'll be like, this is my moment.
Speaker 7: Actually he's going to reveal everybody because he's going to hit on you. Yeah, and then things are gonna get hot and heavy because you're not going to be able to resist no hit on a lady.
Speaker 2: Oh good, well, beer.
Speaker 1: Then is the exact beer that you have that's holding hands with my dad?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I will hold hands with your dad. I have to tell him the truth, the truth about what my sexuality.
Speaker 2: I think he knows that.
Speaker 3: Oh why why you have that? Running?
Speaker 2: That was quick? All right here, let's let's have a fun game.
Speaker 1: We can we can, we can run this back in forty five minutes with liber as well.
Speaker 2: I give you a name, I give you a name.
Speaker 1: You give me the percent chance they're back with the Vikings in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Koc Yeah, yeah, ninety nine point.
Speaker 1: Ninety nine point nine exactly. Brian Flores fifty, that's a good one. Fifty fifty ish fifty yeah, quazy Adopha Mensa.
Speaker 2: Seventy five.
Speaker 1: Damn really, I'm gonna say sixty sixty sixty Harrison Smith zero ten one.
Speaker 2: You guys think he's done.
Speaker 3: I think he's done.
Speaker 7: I think Libra's bit, I'm sure you've heard it hawk listening. I think Libra's bit is spot on. That if let's say Brian and I'm just making this up, let's say Brian Flores goes to Pittsburgh because that head coach a lot of people speculate is going to go into TV and it's like week eight and they're like five and three.
Speaker 3: I think television.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was what Pro Football Talk guy said yesterday. I see, but anyway, yeah, yeah, I think he would join a team that Brian Flores is on if they're good, If that makes sense strange.
Speaker 1: I just can't see him playing for anybody but the Vikings, and if Flores is here, maybe, but otherwise I just can't see him being a fourteen year Viking one year or whatever.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know what I mean. Yeah, that's a good point. Just like you said about you were right about Delan. Why would DeLand go to the pack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it seems.
Speaker 1: Weird he's on a playoff team. Now he's on a playoff team any more names c J ham zero. It felt like zero yesterday, right, I mean that definitely felt ceremonial in a lot of ways.
Speaker 2: JJ McCarthy, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: The question is just.
Speaker 2: This, is he on the Vikings in twenty twenty six?
Speaker 7: I mean, yeah, unless it's like I think, if they were going to trade for somebody like Burrow, I think he would be part of the trade because I don't think they would want him on the team if they were moving on from him with like a great Row or Lamar Jackson or something to Lamar. Maybe even Baker, but.
Speaker 3: He coasts so little. Why wouldn't you keep them?
Speaker 7: Because I think they wouldn't want the distraction. I think they've realized how he has handled the thought of them bringing in somebody else hasn't worked well, so I think they would just move on from him.
Speaker 3: I think if you bring in a Burrow, Burrow might not even know his first name.
Speaker 2: Well said, yeah, well said, you know what I mean?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I think it would just the team whoever they're training with would probably want that. Yeah, just as uh yeah, A good point right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they, like the Bengals of the Ravens, aren't saying we got to get our hands on JJ McConnell.
Speaker 2: But it's like, we're going to need a quarterback.
Speaker 1: So if he's quarterback two for them, that makes more sense in quarterback two for us. He was definitely quarterback two for a good chunk of the year.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: How about Brian O'Neill.
Speaker 3: I just think they're going to restructure his deal. No, he'll definitely be here.
Speaker 2: TJ. Dikinson.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think I'd say like five to ten percent, maybe maybe lower than that.
Speaker 5: Here forever and only made the playoffs one time all right, And I'm sorry, been here forever and only had one playoff win. Justin Jefferson's never had a playoff win?
Speaker 3: How about that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What about Grenard?
Speaker 3: I think Grenard's closed to one hundred.
Speaker 2: He's zero guaranteed money, but they freaking love him and when he's on the field, he's a beast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I say O'Neill and Grenard are guarantees. Do you disagree?
Speaker 2: I don't think Brian O'Neill is a guarantee.
Speaker 1: Really, Yeah, you don't think they're just going to restructure his deal?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just don't think he's a guarantee.
Speaker 10: Well, agree to disagree? And who told you that I got a good source? I mean, no, was a scotch butterscotch? What about Aaron Jones butterscotch?
Speaker 3: Don't you wish scotch butter scotch? I might willfully being out alcoholic? Yeah, wow, I love the taste of butterscotch. Yeah, say, I can't stop drinking this so good? And I love driving.
Speaker 2: Wow, your MIC's on. I would argue with that.
Speaker 1: With vanilla ice cream, butterscotches the number one topping, it's the number one way to go.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 7: How good is a butterscotch dip cone? Whoa dip cone? Dip cone?
Speaker 3: Weird shape venus?
Speaker 1: But whatever, man, you're into it, you're into it. Oh yes, this is year. Front Page Sports is next. This is the power tripleing Joe. Oh hangout, yeah, rip it, let's pay off the teas. Let's let's be better about that. In twenty twenty six, Oh no, you said there was some stat that blew everyone's mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you ready for this? Okay?
Speaker 5: Do you remember the cal versus Stanford game when the band ran on the field?
Speaker 2: Of course?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: Did you know the quarterback for the Stanford Cardinal was Andrew Lux Dad John Elway?
Speaker 2: That was on LA.
Speaker 3: Did you know the head coach for that squad was for Stanford? Yeah?
Speaker 2: This is guessable, not even close, not even close.
Speaker 3: A great Minnesota Viking name that just passed away.
Speaker 1: Oh oh god, what's his name? What's uh? What's front office guy's name?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 2: Who it is?
Speaker 1: How am I blanket on his name? Help me out? I could picture his freaking face. Super nice guy. Everybody loved him.
Speaker 3: How about saus p w no pee wee herman yel.
Speaker 2: Wiggans was the head coach Stanford, I didn't know we coached.
Speaker 5: I didn't know the Kansas City chiefs UH for two years or three years and then had like a year off in between. Then went to Stanford and was the head coach there when John l Way was the quarterback and Stanford Cardinal.
Speaker 3: I know, and not a crazy start. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got a crazy stat when we come back, and it'll lead off front page Sports right after this.
Speaker 11: On the fan, never miss your chance to know what the latest sports news is in town, chances to win tickets and knowing what is all going on with.
Speaker 2: Your favorite KFA and shows.
Speaker 7: Just follow Kfan one zero zero three on all of our social channels like Instagram, TikTok and x now. Stay connected and follow the sports leader KFA N.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, Patrick Marshall, Hi's got on.
Speaker 2: Hi, here we are.
Speaker 3: It's knew me and New Year. I didn't say a word about that.
Speaker 5: How would you feel, Corey if you're on vacation with your fam in Puerto Rico and without you knowing it was gonna happen because nobody told you. The United States attacked Venezuela and you're in Puerto Rico and you're perto Rica. I mean, I'd feel all right, Ah, but what if your vacation was supposed to have ended seven days ago and you have been told that you probably have to pay for it yourself. Officials at the largest airport in Puerto Rico said the FAA has restricted airspace around the island, causing dozens of domestic flights to be canceled. Delta issued a waiver for all pass just traveling to and from thirteen Caribbean airports from January third to the sixth, with the expectations. With the expectation, flights would be rebooked by January ninth. Alicia Cohen's family could be extended at least seven days, and Delta Airlines said they might cover it, they might not.
Speaker 3: Hm, that'd be tough, right.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's one of those good news bad news things, right, financially bad news. Good news is you're stuck in Paradise for another handful of days.
Speaker 2: That'd be a nice call to the boss and go out. I'm stuck in Puerto Rico, see in a week.
Speaker 3: Can't do anything about it. Not my fault, Yeah, thank god, it's not Toma.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what bosses should call Abbott because I don't know.
Speaker 3: He's never here and he won't answer. Yeah, no, he won't answer.
Speaker 2: No, he hates us.
Speaker 3: Plus he and I would be on vacation together. I wouldn't have to call.
Speaker 2: Oh that's very nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're getting to know each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they run in the same circles. Good for you, guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've been running more like an it'd be more like an oval. Oh why is that it's not quite circular. Yeah, it's probably not good for your legs. And he's got drop foot yep. Yeah, this is a hard time running at all.
Speaker 2: He runs like Frank and stuff.
Speaker 11: You do?
Speaker 2: All right, let's do Fun Page Sports.
Speaker 3: Hold on time now for Front Page Sports. Holiday Station Store.
Speaker 1: Holiday Station Stores the clock's ticket on this deal, so take advantage of it. But for a limited time, you can get two red Bulls and then get one free. So by to get one free, including the winter edition frosted Apple Red Bull at holiday By to get one free. But you can mix and match any flavors you want. Go wake up, get some red Bull at holiday Wow. Get a donut or something as well. Hello, they got some good donuts, They got cookies and whatnot. They got muffins and whatnot?
Speaker 2: They got what not?
Speaker 3: Thanks Holiday, Hello, name hi names bo.
Speaker 1: All right, some of you have heard of this, But I just I it's it's a stat that should blow everyone's mind because it's kind of no no, no, no, it's it's from a probability standpoint and just pure luck, pure coincidence.
Speaker 2: It's it's this one should blow everyone's mind.
Speaker 1: The second part, not the first part. How many interceptions did the Vikings have in twenty twenty five? The whole team? How many balls did the Vikings pickoff in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 3: Would you think I love them? Tan give us the first number?
Speaker 2: No, because it's the entire number.
Speaker 7: Ohious, you see you get pints.
Speaker 3: Gotta be nine?
Speaker 2: Then eight eight? They had eight interceptions.
Speaker 1: The leader for the league was the Chicago they had twenty three interceptions. Then the Jags had twenty two, the Chargers nineteen, Texans nineteen, the Seahawks and that defense.
Speaker 2: Eighteen, all playoff teams.
Speaker 1: The reason why I'm bringing this up, I'm sure some of you have seen this. Did you see how many of the New York Jets had in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 7: I did, I did, I did not Corey anything, Zachary, Oh boy, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Ten to eleven. That seems to be about the average.
Speaker 2: That's why I would bring it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would bring up a stat to blow everybody's mind that the Jets had an average.
Speaker 3: They had one.
Speaker 2: No, they didn't two no zero.
Speaker 1: For the first time since nineteen thirty three, a team went an entire season without an interception, the Jets zero interceptions.
Speaker 2: Here's what's crazy about that.
Speaker 1: Since nineteen thirty three, no team has had fewer than two, so we haven't even had somebody that had one interception. The Jets went the entire year with a defensive minded coach by the way, right Aaron Glenn.
Speaker 2: Who I don't I think he's going to get fired. They went the entire year without an interception. I mean, Pete Carroll's getting fired.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he's one hundred and five.
Speaker 1: But think about think about how crazy All it takes is end of a half, you know, heave. All it takes is one tipped ball, one batted ball, one ball where a receiver has it in its hands and then he pops it up and it falls right into the hands of it.
Speaker 3: Like it doesn't even have to be a bad throw.
Speaker 1: You just need one weird bounce and a ball gets intercepted. It didn't happen once all year for the New York Jets and zero interceptions.
Speaker 7: Everybody pointed out who tweeted about the stat they got to play Tuoa twice and didn't pick him off.
Speaker 1: I don't care if you play who's the guy who throws the fewest mate like Matt Stafford and Dilbert Gilbert. Yeah from the comic strip. If you played Dilbert seventeen times and he's a machine, yeah, once in a while, he's gonna pull one up for grabs.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: You know there's things in football called fifty to fifty balls. Right, you throw it up to your best receiver and say, hey, let's see what happens. Yeah, they caught zero of those zero zero.
Speaker 2: Zio.
Speaker 1: It's that is statistically overwhelmingly. We will not see that again in our lifetime. It's almost impossible. Yes, just for a perspective, I mentioned again, no team since nineteen thirty three.
Speaker 2: Had fewer than two.
Speaker 1: The Cowboys, the Titans, and the Niners had six and they were second to last. Wow, so they had six and that feels terrible, terrible. The Jets had zero.
Speaker 7: The tipball thing, Yeah, how is there not a tipball that just land in your last right?
Speaker 3: Now? Yeah? And how about this?
Speaker 2: How about this?
Speaker 3: They only had four fumbles. I would dress up for one of those other kind.
Speaker 1: Of They had four takeaways the entire year.
Speaker 3: They quit. That's not even quitting, that's just that's a.
Speaker 1: Mathematical absolute anomaly. Four takeaways in seventeen games.
Speaker 2: They're gonna be picking what second or third? I think their second?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Behind, Uh, that's nuts, rates rare, Oakland picks first Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: What do I always say Oakland because I'm not smart?
Speaker 3: It's the curd.
Speaker 7: And their last one, two, three, four, five games? They lost their last five games. They got beat thirty four to ten, forty eight, twenty twenty nine to six, forty two to ten, and thirty five to eight.
Speaker 3: Number three. A lot of numbers. You just said.
Speaker 1: So, I just said that the New York Jets only had four takeaways the entire season.
Speaker 2: That's not good. No.
Speaker 1: What NFL team had the most giveaways in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 3: Them? The Blue Jays, Financer.
Speaker 2: The Jets. The Jets gave it away twenty three times.
Speaker 7: Peppers yep oh play the Titans.
Speaker 2: Titans only had nineteen giveaways.
Speaker 1: Giants. The Giants had seventeen. Not Oakland, Las Vegas, Nope, they had twenty three.
Speaker 2: Vikings.
Speaker 1: The Minnesota Vikings led the NFL with thirty giveaways in twenty twenty five. They had twenty one interceptions and nine fumbles.
Speaker 7: As highlight coordinator, I feel like I cut a lot of this up.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, Seattle is second. Isn't that nuts?
Speaker 1: They had twenty eight and still are as good as they are. Turned it over twenty eight times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's greasy, not good, No.
Speaker 3: Bob greasy.
Speaker 2: The Minnesota Vikings beat the Packers sixteen to three.
Speaker 3: Yikes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, something's happening. They won their first straight game. The Packers were locked into the seventh spot before the game, so they didn't care. Justin Jefferson did secure his sixth straight one thousand yard season to start his career. It's only the third receiver to ever do that with the other two? Is that like Moss and Evans?
Speaker 3: Mike Evans, former Wisconsin bedger.
Speaker 7: No, that's uh Lee Evans, get correct, thank you. That's Martie's favorite singer. You know, it's Sarah Evans.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, yeah, how many other evans Is can you name?
Speaker 2: Evan essence?
Speaker 5: Wow Evans, almighty Bob Evans.
Speaker 3: Let's eat it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I love Bob Evans.
Speaker 1: I can tell for sure. I wish you were going to I love Bob Evans. He just says that.
Speaker 3: They got that sausage and it's real.
Speaker 2: It's a huge thing in Hawk's hometown.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, you know who never had a huge thing in my hometown.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's okay, s all right, I'm bigger now. Mm hmm, that's true.
Speaker 1: I love Bob Evans. Yeah, where is it? Where is the nearest Bob Evans Saint Louis? I would bet Why are there so many restaurants that have basically don't cross the Mason Dixon line? Well, what are we doing here? There's so many Southern restaurants that just don't migrate pure laziness. I don't get it.
Speaker 3: We can handle Bob Evans.
Speaker 7: Indiana, Meryllville, Ryellville, Meryllville. Yeah that's where that dad, we could get delivered.
Speaker 3: Man, that'd be a hell of a delivery tree. I bet seven.
Speaker 1: I just I wonder how many restaurant chains just don't believe because it's so cold that I just don't believe that. We go out in the winter, we go to Dairy Queen in the winter.
Speaker 2: We don't care.
Speaker 1: We'll go get a blizzard during a blizzard. Yeah, we don't care.
Speaker 2: We'll drive.
Speaker 1: We're tough people, we have Minnesota skin. We don't care.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're badasses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be above thirty. Basically, all bring your restaurant to the Twin Cities. We'll go through the drive through.
Speaker 3: I wish you'd joined a Cold year round.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't join it, I'd lead it.
Speaker 2: No, I don't want you in my call like the treasure the treasurer.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: No, you don't have the charisma to be a cult Jesus, Well, you're not going to be in my cult.
Speaker 3: Though he's got you there. I'm not gonna.
Speaker 7: Follow Cory like i'll him with my trust him of my fart. Trust me with your life. That's exactly what cult leaders need. Trust me, trust me. You'll be fine. You just drink this kool aid. See, that's the thing, you'll do it.
Speaker 3: I know what you like.
Speaker 7: Will you drink it after you?
Speaker 2: Oh no, he's too busy doing math to me.
Speaker 7: No. The guy that lived near Hawk that started the Kool Aid cult? Are you really are, Jim Jones?
Speaker 1: I thought you were going to make more clear points in jokes this year, but so far were mostly confused.
Speaker 3: No, you didn't.
Speaker 1: Well, I think we just assumed it was gonna get better. That's really on us.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't think it's going to get better. Yeah, but Jim Jones, you just do urging that man's name. Yeah, I like that, lady, that's a man.
Speaker 1: You know what Zacks and Tua said, I don't have enough charisma to start a cult. I'm going to in twenty twenty six. I'm gonna prove you wrong. It's gonna be my life's mission this year to start a signific against cult Jeez with a huge following. And you're gonna see you were wrong, and you're gonna be like, man that looks like fun.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be too bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna be just banging hookers.
Speaker 2: You're in his call.
Speaker 3: I'm his second in command. Oh he's busy, Okay, you can't talk to him. No, No, this is this is something he ordered me to do. Lord Corey says, you must beg me.
Speaker 2: I think you would be the last one that would be.
Speaker 3: In course, Oh, I killed him. He's been dead for a long time.
Speaker 1: It's a weekend at berniey situation. I'm just in charge in name. They have me on a throne. But the distance from from the viewing area that the throne is so significant they can't tell that I'm dead.
Speaker 3: You may not see him, only I may see him. That that smelleth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like Batman. It's not.
Speaker 1: It's more about the idea of Batman, right, It's the image, it's the icon.
Speaker 7: The great Corey has spoken, how is that not a movie yet? That's a great idea for a movie.
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 7: Where like somebody uses a dead person as an excuse to get whatever they want.
Speaker 3: That happened in real life an entire religion.
Speaker 1: Really yes, Well said Well said hot Well said, like all of them, Well said, Wow, you guys are we promised to get better in twenty six and so far, so far, Saucege isn't keeping up his end of the bargain.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, we all are.
Speaker 1: Ben leeber joins U. By the time this segment probably starts, you.
Speaker 3: Know what sucks for me is how much I look like Miles Gerty. You are drinking that guy's arms. Holy ball sacks. His arms are almost as big as Sauce's head.
Speaker 2: That's impossible, I said, almost.
Speaker 3: Look at that man, Yeah, look at him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he broke the sack record, although the NFL did have thirty seven games here, so it's pretty easy to break there, and I.
Speaker 3: Haven't seen his secrets is definitely bigger.
Speaker 2: I doubt it. Hard to say. We'll never know.
Speaker 3: Ben Lieber.
Speaker 2: Next fan fan the Wild looks to take too.
Speaker 7: And give none in La as they battle with the Kings tonight, buck Drop is just after nine thirty. Hear every goal, every save, every game changing moment right here on your home for a Wild hockey.
Speaker 3: Oh you sounded less than enthusiastic about that. What happened? Oh everything's great, I am.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're allowed to losing a shootout skills competition. So right, Hey, there's Ben. Oh you are I've been I've been there.
Speaker 3: Look at him. That's been Leeber Bye, that's him. It's so weird with that room dark back there. Hi, I look better though in the dark. Yeah, that's your new Oh. My girlfriends say, oh, turn off the lights and I want to see you sitting there.
Speaker 7: Tom Pillo Saro when last Thursday or Wednesday or Friday city was ugly.
Speaker 5: He did say that, and now that's all I've heard. Yeah, seriously, you're right. He's the reason I went down the train over the Yeah, I'm gonna start getting a tan.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be like tan Mom without jugs.
Speaker 2: That would be great. Pull your hands up, tanned mom. Wood Hawk.
Speaker 3: Is she still alive? I thought she died.
Speaker 2: No, she she's on Stern Show once in a while. She's still with us.
Speaker 1: She's still with us, David Stern, he's definitely not still with us.
Speaker 3: Good morning man from home alone.
Speaker 2: Good Daniels. Daniel Stern also still with Manjamin.
Speaker 3: Are you sickly? Yeah? I am.
Speaker 12: It's it's really just my voice. It's not it's not like the body. The body feels good then it does.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 2: That was Tommy zach over and kiss me. Yeah.
Speaker 12: So it's just the voice that's affected. It's like really nothing else. So I will get by. I will be fine.
Speaker 3: As long as you know how to love. I know how to love. I know how to caress. Well, sir, my name is Carress.
Speaker 7: It yours hockey, Well, Carress caress hockey. Is that one of your lines?
Speaker 3: It's also my favorite sport. Oh, what's the what's the eighties song? Hello, my Sweet Hands Breath?
Speaker 1: One of the all time bangers. Yeah, yeah, it was Caress and I knew you were talking about. It's one of the other time.
Speaker 2: Great songs, Hands to Heaven. It's nothing.
Speaker 3: Breathe.
Speaker 12: That's not the only time I think that that word has ever said out of my mouth by Sublime.
Speaker 2: Great song. Take breathe over that?
Speaker 1: And I love Sublime, but I would take breathe over that ten times out of ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not one of my favorites Sublime songs.
Speaker 7: That's an A plus Sublime song. It does like plug me in the darkness, you know he does. That's the weird al parody version. Let's do what Really mattered? Hey, it's brought to you by your friends and oh the Las and Lens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go see my guys, doctor Mark Lobanoff and doctor David White.
Speaker 3: And Lens.
Speaker 2: Those guys are the best.
Speaker 7: So you can you can what see what really matters?
Speaker 1: I see what you're saying, you can see what really happens tie in Yeah, Oh okay, that's a thing. Hell everyone, Hello everyone, Benjamin, Let's go through some NFL playoff matchups because now they're set now right, wild Card weekend is set. How about four of the six road teams are favored? There are more road favorites than home favorites and wild card We let's go through some of them. Yeah, let's do it, including the biggest one, the biggest favorite that's a road team. The Rams are at the Panthers Saturday at three point thirty. DraftKings has the Rams as nine and a half point favorites on the road.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I would probably take that bet.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think everybody knows that division is a is a hot mess, and I'm all for revamping the way the playoffs are set because of stuff like this.
Speaker 3: There's no reason why.
Speaker 12: One of the best divisions in football has to be punished to go play one of the worst divisions in football just because the way the things are are organized.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I would take that bet.
Speaker 12: I think the Rams are going to crush the Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 3: What really matters, though, is this, You got.
Speaker 5: That right, buddy boy. Here's what happened on this date in what year do you believe construction on the Golden Gate Bridge?
Speaker 2: Oh? Good question?
Speaker 1: Does it feel like one hundred years ago, nineteen ten, I was gonna say nineteen oh five, I'm gonna go nineteen twenty one. I have no idea what I guess I see in thirty eight, nineteen thirty three, thirty three.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 5: On January fifth of nineteen thirty three, construction began on the Golden Gate Bridge. Workers began excavating three point two five million cubic feet of dirt for the structures huge anchorages. Following the gold Rush boom that began in eighteen forty nine, speculators realized the land north of San Francisco Bay would increase in value in direct proportions to its accessibility, and a plan was launched that would take almost one hundred years to build a big enough, beautiful enough bridge. I've got a really cool picture here of a guy fishing as the bridge is being built in nineteen.
Speaker 3: Look at that and that crew.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, then, I guess just fishing in there they're building the bridge. I find a bridge building to be fascinating even today, But imagine what the technology from back then.
Speaker 3: That's a bitches still standing.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, Billy, Joel, Yeah, isn't there Isn't there something that They say that the painting crew for the Golden Gate Bridge never stops painting, like by the time they get done with one end, they restart the other end.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's true.
Speaker 2: It's a full time job painting the Golden Gay Bridge.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 12: That's fascinating because it takes like a special paint and then the sea air and the elements will erode away at the at the paint, so then they have to continuously.
Speaker 3: Just repaint and repaint, repaint.
Speaker 2: Mm hm.
Speaker 3: Hm. That may not be true. I feel like I've heard no I.
Speaker 2: Believe that sounds sounds good either way. Sure.
Speaker 1: The night game Saturday, also surprisingly maybe a road favorite. The Green Bay Packers are at the Bears at seven o'clock in the Packers one and a half point favorite.
Speaker 3: Oh are you serious? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yep, really yeah. Isn't that weird?
Speaker 3: It's very very odd.
Speaker 7: I feel like they're Mojo's down the pack. Yeah, and I agree begged to play the Bears. They will use that to their advantage. They openly wanted to play the Bears.
Speaker 12: Interesting and see, I'd take the Bears on that one. You get a point and a half too, Yeah, yeah, so would I. What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 3: Workers averaged eleven dollars a day in pay to build the gold Engage Bridge.
Speaker 2: That's too much day a day.
Speaker 3: Wow, you should see some of these cents of bitches too. Boy, they're way up there. That's a lot way up there.
Speaker 5: The Golden Gate Bridge was built with a stand ninety mile prior wins a point zero earthquake.
Speaker 7: That's worth about two hundred and seventy four dollars and today dollars.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good money. How were they complaining.
Speaker 2: About thinking back then? They were complaining.
Speaker 1: They're like, man, I've been asking for a two cent raise for weeks and they won't do it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, they won't do it. Then one guy said, they want us to do a podcast separate of the show.
Speaker 1: And they're promising us, promising us like at least five to ten cents more, yeah, a year.
Speaker 7: But they can't tell us where they're going to find the numbers. And then one guy jumped, well, yeah, that's a good question. Do you have that in your stats? How many people died building the Golden gate Bridge?
Speaker 3: Look here, it's.
Speaker 1: Probably dozens, right. I think that's like the Panama Canal has like tons of deaths to a lot of major construction back then just inevitably resulted in countless deaths. Why build anything you're gonna die. That's how I feel about legos.
Speaker 3: Like the Legacy.
Speaker 1: Sunday, the Bills are at the Jacksonville Jaguars at Laws, and the Bills are one and a half point favorites.
Speaker 3: See, I'd take Jacksonville on that one too.
Speaker 2: Same, Yep. I'll still go with my theory though.
Speaker 1: That again, if Josh Allen is ever going to win a Super Bowl, it's this year. And I know this isn't his best team, but you have a path in front of you with Jacksonville, New England, Pittsburgh, Denver. Like, there's no Juggernaut in the AFC that you can't get past. There's no Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs. I mean just yeah, there's no Lamar Jackson in the Ravens. This is your year. You better find a way to overachieve. And by the way, they are the sixth favorite to win the Super Bowl. They actually have better odds than the Jacksonville Jaguars, and they're going.
Speaker 2: To the Jags.
Speaker 1: The top six Super Bowl favorites Seattle's number one plus three fifty. Then the Rams, then the Broncos Philly is fourth, tied with the Patriots, and then the Bills are sixth.
Speaker 2: So you better do it, Josh. This is your window, all.
Speaker 12: Right for the class. Where does the Super Bowl champion come out of the a f C.
Speaker 3: Or the NFC. Hm hmm I go n f C. Yeah, yeah, I'm leaning n FC. Hm hmmm. Awk.
Speaker 12: Anybody want to just just tip put a hock you want.
Speaker 3: Like a hundred dollars bet on it. I'm looking like I'm team NFC this year. All right, Yeah, I'll take the I'm gon take somebody from the AFC. Yeah, I'll just take you take the entire That's a good hundred bucks. I like that. Let's go, Let's do it, let's go.
Speaker 2: What really matters, though, is this great question.
Speaker 3: Eleven people died building the Golden Gate Bridge.
Speaker 2: I would against way Moore.
Speaker 3: I would have taken the RS on the same day.
Speaker 2: Why earthquake, no wind, no something collapse? God iteal you shark attack god villa.
Speaker 3: Chark so cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'd that'd be great.
Speaker 3: No, it was.
Speaker 5: A piece of scaffolding fell and punctured the safety net, which had saved nineteen other lives during the project, So eleven people are ten of the eleven people died in this one accident because the scaffolding fell through the safety net and opened the hole in the safety net.
Speaker 3: And O. A.
Speaker 5: Anderson, Chris Anderson, William Bass, Oral Desper, Fred's dumatsenbreak for Oral, Yep, exactly. Terrence Helenon Eldridge, Hilen, Charles Lindros, Jack Norman, and Louis Russell all died February seventeenth, nineteen thirty seven.
Speaker 2: And don't forget speaking of orl don't forget.
Speaker 1: I once played poker against Oral Hrscheiser's wife, and I think it was Aria.
Speaker 2: I think it was and.
Speaker 1: She tried to bluff me and I took her entire stack. So technical Lee Yep. I've got money from Oral yep, because it was his money, right, No offense, that was his money.
Speaker 3: That's not the Oral that went down. No different difference, Yes, right, this is Oral.
Speaker 2: Pull your hands up or her Scheiser's. Yeah, she was attractive and she loves to gamble.
Speaker 3: Does she have the you know, the stuff that makes her a lady sauce? What percentage of your contribution.
Speaker 1: What percentage of your contribution to the show is asking if Hawk would bang somebody? Ny I think it is ninety Yeah, that's most of your content.
Speaker 2: Max ice cream yesterday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I apologize. I didn't know you're gonna be here, so I've been just ripping them in here.
Speaker 3: I know. I'm sorry. I said, I'm sorry. I didn't know you're gonna be here, and I had ice cream yesterday.
Speaker 1: The Niners are at the Eagles three point thirty. On Sunday, the Eagles are three and a half point favor It's such a pretty good matchup. What really matters is, Oh, Ben, which one do you like?
Speaker 3: In No One?
Speaker 2: Do you like the Niners? You like the Eagles at home?
Speaker 7: Ah?
Speaker 2: Probably the Eagles at home? Eagles at home.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What really matters though, is that we got to go to break. But we'll do more of what really matters after this. This is the power to a morning show on the Fan.
Speaker 7: First Avenue's Best New Bands is back Jude January seventeenth, See the Future, Oh the Minnesota Music Mother Soky, Sally Forth and Sophie Heroko and many more.
Speaker 3: Are you okay? I think that's how you say those right?
Speaker 2: Start over? Just out of curiosity? Do that one? Can't you say?
Speaker 7: Now mother Soki, I agree, Sally Forth, I agree, Sophie Heroico, I agree, and many more.
Speaker 2: No doors at six thirty.
Speaker 7: Get the full details in the events calendar cafan dot com. It's First Avenues, Best new bands.
Speaker 3: On First Avenue. Hey, we love to play their music right now?
Speaker 2: Do you have any in the system.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm not even given access to the system. That all right, let's.
Speaker 1: Do more of what really matters, scores and stats at some good stuff for you more. The last game Sunday night is the Chargers at the Patriots seven o'clock. The New England Patriots and Drake May are three and a half point favorites on DraftKings.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's I think I think the Patriots probably will represent the AFC. So that being said, I think they they win that game.
Speaker 3: M wow, you think so pleased? I think they're better than Denver. Yeah, I'm not sold on Denver, not at all. It's no. I think that.
Speaker 12: I think the Bonnicks is just not quite ready for a run like this.
Speaker 3: I think is too inconsistent.
Speaker 12: He makes some he makes some big boy throws, he has some wow moments. But I think for four quarters in a playoff scenario. I just don't think he has it now. I mean their defense is legit, that that front four front five is really good.
Speaker 3: Well they won't quit then, that's true.
Speaker 12: So so yes, they do they have a chance and have they earned the number one seed for sure? But do I feel like they're a strong contender for the representation of the Super Bowl?
Speaker 3: Not necessarily.
Speaker 2: What really matters is this.
Speaker 3: You make a great point, Corey. Thanks. It was on this day in what year the Sonny Bono did not miss that tree?
Speaker 2: She Oh my god, interesting way to word it.
Speaker 7: Tree that day only it was more like George of the Jungle ninety.
Speaker 1: Four ish Ny, it was mid ninety ninety one. Two, it was ninety eight, ninety eight, ninety eight. Man, that's right, ninety eighty hit that tree. Yep, well, I mean he did. Can I ask you, Ques, Yes, you're spitting.
Speaker 5: Only sixty two by the way, I thought, he's like ninety four sixty two, ain't that?
Speaker 3: Oh when you're fifty five.
Speaker 2: Paul, you have a question. Yeah, and it may be.
Speaker 3: No, I wouldn't bank Sonny Bono.
Speaker 7: No, I'm not asking if I'm not doing that annoying me.
Speaker 3: Oh say now, did that kill him? Nope?
Speaker 8: Like that you can hit trees and not die, like.
Speaker 2: I don't know if the circumference of the said tree hit. Explain what a circumference is?
Speaker 7: Uh, like the roundness of something, the roundness the u total space it takes up.
Speaker 3: It's closer And I thought you were again.
Speaker 7: But did he hit like a I don't know, like a branch coming out of a bog or did he hit like a red bo?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's newsworthy that we're talking about something that happened in nineteen ninety eight, that he hit.
Speaker 3: A branch from a bog. Yeah, he hit a branch. Davidian God, I love.
Speaker 2: Skiing through bogs. A lot of snow in bogs. All right, it's a good question.
Speaker 1: You think he hit a branch and we're talking about him gently rubbing against a tree branch or do you think he hit a tree really hard that stopped him dead in his tracks?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: No, I I thought maybe like it severely injured him and like his singing career stopped and then like ten years like, yeah, he hit the tree with his throat, maybe throat first, one of those throat first crashes.
Speaker 2: Tommy would hit the tree first. His throat regardless of some I don't even want to say it.
Speaker 1: In the middle part of the circumference. Anyway, he stopped breathing. He did stop breathing, and I did not know that.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Strangely it was overcast that day. Yeah, your name was Salvatore.
Speaker 3: Not as not as funny as Sonny right.
Speaker 5: Sonny Man songwriter especially records as a young adult. Later team with prominent songwriter Phil Spector. That guy, Hey guy, Hey guy. He sang backup for the Righteous Brothers. He married his first write wife, Donna Rankin, and then he met Cheer and he was.
Speaker 3: Like, zinks, you gotta have those that's right. Yeah. They sang I got you babe.
Speaker 2: Great song. Thanks, You're welcome.
Speaker 5: And then they had a show called Sonny and Cheer and then he hit that tree.
Speaker 1: Yeah so yeah, my guess is right before he hit that tree, he was thinking, God, I wish this was a branch from.
Speaker 2: A bog instead, because then I'd still be singing.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Man, he was like a like a.
Speaker 2: Speaker of the United States Representatives.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 3: Elected mayor in ninety eight of Palm.
Speaker 2: Springs, Oh Rosie Spot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he beat Goldie Wilson Mayor four years later ran unsuccessfully uh a tree successful one of he set in the House of Representatives and then hit that tree.
Speaker 2: He died at Heavenly Ski Resort.
Speaker 3: Well that's a little on the nose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly where he hit the easy didn't have to.
Speaker 3: Go far afterwards.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so we do we know that was he was he intentionally trying to ski within the trees or did he go wildly off course.
Speaker 3: And justause of the tree.
Speaker 1: There are you know, there are trails that you can see skilled skiers have gone through the woods. Yeah, when there are other ones that are just normal ski hills that happen to have trees on the side. And if you get really out of control and you go flying off into the trees, good question, don't know.
Speaker 12: Yeah, whereas buddies like send it, Sonny is not going to send it, guys, and then he just goes off course and smashes into the tree.
Speaker 3: And then his buddy's like, I didn't think he was actually going to do that. I was just kidding. Yeah, just kiss that tree.
Speaker 1: I've gone skiing a couple of times in the last week at Hyland, and I'm just convinced I'm going to run into your boys now, like I'm on.
Speaker 2: I'm on Wells and watch constant. You're here somewhere. Yeah, he's going to start skiing a highland then.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's like Sauce and I going to Jerry's grocery store, or you're just convinced that the other one's there.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, Now we send pictures to each other when we go there, thinking the other ones there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wese little selfies.
Speaker 3: I'm like, are you here yet? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Anyway, so the ki my kiddo's gone skiing like what twice last year now twice this year.
Speaker 2: And there's that far lift on highland.
Speaker 1: There's a bunch of trees that have like little paths, which means there's some good skiers that have gone through it. And we're going up to Lyft yesterday and she goes, can we go through the trees? I'm like, are you nuts? This isn't a bunch of branches from bogs. Those are actual trees. You've gone skiing four times. She's like, well, when do I get to do that? I'm like, I don't know. Thirty years from now. She's a daredevil. I can't slow like say though that.
Speaker 12: I feel like skiing is one of those activities where you go from in your mind. In your mind you go from novice to expert immediately.
Speaker 2: Right because you're like, oh, I got it, I can go, I can turn. This is easy.
Speaker 12: Start trying stuff. All you're like, noo, that jump, I can hit that jump. I'm gonna start skiing yesterday, but I can hit that.
Speaker 1: When almost every sign basically says know your abilities, do not exceed your abilities, Like it's your responsibility to stay within your abilities.
Speaker 2: That sign should be outside of this New Year's Day.
Speaker 1: I saw a really bad accident. I saw a kid try a backflip off of a ramp, and I saw the whole thing happen. I'm like, oh man, that kid's legit. And then he didn't get all the way around, landed on what looked to be his stomach. The medics came. It was like a full on thing.
Speaker 2: It was bad. I have no idea how bad it was, but.
Speaker 1: Like that looked like a neck problem, back problem, broken pelvis something.
Speaker 2: It looked bad.
Speaker 1: Okay, jeez wow, but it didn't. It didn't look like his first flip, you know what I'm saying. It looked like he knew he's doing it. He didn't rotate all the way and that was a bad, bad fall. I'm like, that's why you don't exceed your abilities. Although it looked like that kid had some ability.
Speaker 12: He'll never do that again, he might not, or life lesson or life lesson, make sure you fully rotate or get back out there, get on that horse when you're healthy in four to six months.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're a yeah, overcome your fears, bud.
Speaker 1: That might have ended his twenty twenty five twenty twenty six snowboarding season.
Speaker 3: Probably when you're young year rubbery.
Speaker 1: Oh man, he wasn't moving much, but he didn't get like folded over.
Speaker 3: He just landed straight on his face, on his chest.
Speaker 1: Uh landed on his chest, and his two buddies knew immediately like this isn't good. And I was specifically watching. He moved his hands so he wasn't like paralyzed. But oh yeah, cop showed up and the medics with the snowmobile on the whole bit it was.
Speaker 3: Did you ski past him?
Speaker 1: And my guess is no, I was in the lea. That's why I saw the whole thing happen. My guess is my guess he sounded more like the Great Lady. Just that whole bit, which is one of my all time favorite videos on the internet.
Speaker 12: It's so good. Yeah, well you will see them there. We don't ski or snowboard, I will. I told the boy I'm going to go with them at least once this season.
Speaker 3: It's the best. Yeah.
Speaker 12: I didn't grow up skiing, and I was always scared to do when I was a player, so I was like, I'm not I'm not really a skier. And now it's just nice to drop them off, like, hey, guys, go go Yeah.
Speaker 3: Dad's get other things to do, avoid the trees.
Speaker 2: Like then I go home and sit, go to Jerry's.
Speaker 3: I go to Jerry. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But how great it is that they're old enough where you can just drop them off and be like they're fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's the best. What really matters, though, it is this good point, Corey.
Speaker 5: It was on this date in nineteen twenty at the New York Yankees Major League Baseball club, and now it's its purchase of George Herman Babe Ruth from the Boston Red Sox for the sum of one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars and all, Ruth had played six seasons with the Socks, leading them to three World Series victories. On the Mount, Ruth pitched a total of twenty nine and two third scoreless World Series endings, setting a new league record that would stand for forty three years. He was fresh office sensational nineteen nineteen season, having broken the major league home run record with twenty nine and led the American League one hundred and fourteen runs batted in and one.
Speaker 3: Hundred and three runs.
Speaker 2: He's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: In addition to playing more than one hundred games in left field, he also went nine and five as a pitcher.
Speaker 3: Yeah. With his prodigious hitting, pitching, and fielding skills, Ruth had surpassed the great Taykob as the world's biggest racist. Wow. I don't think anyone's pats in time for now. Sorry, I mister read that as the baseball's biggest attraction.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Well, at the time, they were interchangeable. The title was won by both saws. You at one point, I don't I think you backed off this now. At one point you did claim that Babe Ruth was imaginary, he was fictional.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you said he never existed. It was just a conspiracy theory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I backed off that one.
Speaker 1: Do you want to know the liv based on the photography and the you know, countless articles and records of him existing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that and being beaten down by you for my stupidity. But yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: The latest rand thing Randy believes in is this Randy this or you believe it in?
Speaker 2: Randy?
Speaker 7: Randy be a video over the weekend he believes centaurs are real. Sent me a video on TikTok of one scene in the wilderness somewhere centaur?
Speaker 2: Is that like half half in? He believes that they are real?
Speaker 3: And what evidence does he have?
Speaker 2: Just a video?
Speaker 12: Just a video on TikTok. Yeah, m that's all takes. This one video on TikTok, and he's a believer. He believes that centaurs are real. Do you no?
Speaker 2: Why not? I think that's uh outlandish.
Speaker 3: Legs need a new centaur? Yeah they do. Yeah, that's true, they do need one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, if it looks like a centaur and it smells like a centaur, must be it must be a centaur.
Speaker 1: The News is next with Chris This is the Power to Money show. Ben Leber's here, Michael J. Musbin should be here shortly. This is the Power trib Money show on the fan.
Speaker 3: Let me be pissed if you were a centaur and like you got flipped around the wrong half was human alright, it's just me. Never mind by don't bike