Speaker 1: House. Everybody doing on a Monday. Be good? How are you, sir? Good? Good? You have a happy Thanksgiving? Everybody? Yes? So really it was mostly good until Saturday. Oh great, what happened? We had something turned south on you.
Speaker 2: I just as on the same thing, and he just responded, I'll tell you yeah, during the first segment.
Speaker 1: So you got through a Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, all things are good on your Yeah, those things were good.
Speaker 3: And then sometime Saturday afternoon, I suffered a great tragic loss.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Sabrina guessed that it was one of my ice machines.
Speaker 1: But that is not the case. No, this is a good guess is a far more devastating and possibly expensive to fix. Guests, just to check in, how many ice machines are still up and run? Just three? Three ice? We're okay. I have four now, we're okay, We're okay. So it wasn't your ice machine that was down. Is it a fridge? Is it a fridge that all three refrigerators are up to snuff. They're up to par.
Speaker 4: Okay, God, was it your television?
Speaker 3: No, television's in great shape. Used it a lot over the Thanksgiving break.
Speaker 1: Please please, tell me it wasn't LEXI, please tell me. Oh my gosh, I would not be. I don't know.
Speaker 4: That would be a very expensive fix.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm just I'm asking questions here. Okay, LEXI wasn't even that expensive? Undus, No, but worth a million to you.
Speaker 3: Sometime during the afternoon of Saturday, November twenty ninth, my couch recliner ceased to operate.
Speaker 1: Oh god, no, hold on, was it only yours and not your wife's?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: How many? How many fat guy jokes? Did she love your way? Nothing? No, she even she's using it as a bartering tool. So, for example, we always fight over, uh not who gets to pick what we watch at night, but who has to pick what we watch at night. I don't want to pick. Well, I don't want to pick. And so she said, uh, I will I switch spots with you if you if you pick everything we watch tonight and it better be good. And I was like, and I just I pulled up a chair and just put it in front of my seat and put my legs up on the chair and said, what we watch? We watch that much? And they need to set in ninety degrees if you know what my back does not feel very good today, and I blame the couch. At least it didn't get stuck in the out position, which has happened to a family member of mine. They had a recliner issue, and they.
Speaker 4: Hadney looks so goofy trying to get.
Speaker 1: On off that. Oh yeah, because you have to roll. You have to roll to the to the to the not reclined couch and then kind of get out. It's weird.
Speaker 2: I've done the full split and then kind of waddle to the front.
Speaker 1: This is what happens after Thanksgiving though, because I mean, I'll tell you even myself, my chair is probably on its last legs as well. I got on. I got on the scale this morning, and I look down and and I go, oh my god. And and Courty's like, don't don't even weigh yourself. This week it was Thanksgiving, I have do you have a smart scale?
Speaker 3: Yes, hey, I have a smart scale that I haven't used in quite a while.
Speaker 1: And I got a notification from the app on Thanksgiving Day, Thanksgiving Day that says, hey, you haven't weighed yourself, you know in a couple of weeks. Wait, maybe it's time to step on and you know, get back, get back in business.
Speaker 2: I said on Thanksgiving, damn mine, maybe you should shut up.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's no good, that's that's no good. But I got on the scale and she goes, don't even check. Nobody would ever get on the scale this week. You're not supposed to check it. See how much way it was Thanksgiving. We're gonna have a good week. And I'm like, oh god, two sixteen, what is happening right now? So I got I got a lot of work to do. But it was a fun It was a good Thanksgiving break. I hope everyone had a good time. Well, we'll go over all the things that went down at some point during the show today. Let's start out as we always do, though, Let's put our ears to the ground, our fingers on the pulse. Let's see what's happening in this great, big, wide world of ours and buy a show of hands. Who watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade? I did not all of it, but wow, you know all of it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was kind of hard to find until I actually googled it. We saw a lot of the I went to Sling TV and it's like, here's a camera that we just posted up in one corner and we can catch.
Speaker 1: All the crowd talk and there's a webcam.
Speaker 2: Finally, like the last thirty minutes, I realized Peacock was streaming it live like the actual with the announcers.
Speaker 1: And yeah, they got al Roker, they got the whole crew there, they got all the you know, all the Macy's Thanksgiving Day balloons were going by. Uh, there was a lot of Buster Rhymes trying to lip sync and not doing a great job.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what though, of all the songs to pick to lip sync, that's one where like can anyone really call him out when no one can wrap it?
Speaker 4: But like two white ladies on TikTok.
Speaker 1: I also like, why why now? What is it? Because that's been a TikTok trend or something. Why is Buster Rhymes being trotted out at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade because it just got.
Speaker 2: The Lifetime Achievement Award of whatever award show he got.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, there was what was itv m VA?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I believe you though.
Speaker 3: I believe it was VMA's because I remember I was like, oh, busta and then he was because he did like a super cut mash up of all of.
Speaker 1: His hits, right, So he was out there. There was a bunch of great performances. I mean, nobody really performed, but there was. There was a bunch of great lip sync performances. And then there was mister Fantasy. Mister Fantasy. I don't know what that was. We can get into that at some point, but that al Roker out there doing his man on the street thing, and he would go up to people. And this young girl who he went up to has gone viral. So she'll start us out in our opening clip today. Let's listen in Hi, Elia, So how old are you? Today's your birthday? Happy birthday? And how old? Who? She's seven? It's her birthday, she's seven. She's on TV for Turkey Day. Our roker is talking to her. Now they're gonna give her something. They're going to gift this young girl something here, and let's see what happened. Are you excited to see the Rockets? Would you be?
Speaker 5: With?
Speaker 1: Well, guess what, Ellie, We've got a very special something for you. Look here, you've got a golden ticket. Now you get to see the Radio City Musical Rockets. Are you excited?
Speaker 4: I did that yesterday?
Speaker 1: I did that yesterday.
Speaker 3: Did you guys have that moment growing up where your parents had to tell you that if somebody gets you a gift that you already have, not to tell them because my parents, I straight up just said it.
Speaker 1: Whoa, I'm so glad to have two of these. Now she goes, we did that yesterday, and Al Roker's like, son of a bitch. Also, I'm not coming down on I don't want any heat about this from rockets lovers or whatever. But I don't know how relevant the Rockets are in twenty twenty five with this little kid. She's a child, for God's sake. I don't know when.
Speaker 3: When I went up to New York last week or two weeks ago, or however long ago, it was because this break we were on felt like.
Speaker 1: We share.
Speaker 3: We had the same flight as a friend of ours who with his wife and is a young daughter, and one of the things they went to do was go.
Speaker 1: See the Rockets, like she wanted to. She's in the dance so they wanted to see the you know, the rockets in the radio city. Maybe it's still popular. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I get when you go to the zoo, you know, when things are just like moving and in your face, you're still entertained, regardless of how long.
Speaker 1: They've been around.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean on TikTok that the Rockets, there's one girl who, like, I don't know, has done something the Rockets have never done as far as how far she could kill her.
Speaker 1: Feet up yeah, spread, I don't know. I'm impressed with them. But this little girl had already gone. So she was like, I did that yesterday. Al Roker summarily executed her on the street. He was just like another the radio shoo music, old Rockets. Are you excited yesterday? He did it yesterday? Oh, my colleague, will you get to see him again? Yeah? So there was a moment with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Josh's wife Melissa, and uh, you know, I will ask if we get permission to share the clip because I do have it.
Speaker 4: And she was being interviewed by Al Roker many years ago.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and well then it was on TV. We could share the clip.
Speaker 2: But she gets a call from the weather man and he's like, oh hey, Melissa, I'm getting you a Pepperoni pizza and she goes, I don't like Pepperoni.
Speaker 1: I love the unpredictability of the kid answer because you got, you got no clue what they're about to fire at you.
Speaker 3: And Al Roker's response, which is, I think he wanted to maybe curse. But remember how they said on Home Alone, like they've tried to keep Joe Pesci from using curse words on set, because.
Speaker 1: Al Roker goes, well, g golly, you get to see him again. If you had a live translation of this from Al Roker to street speak, that g golly would be like, f U c word? How dare you ruin my live shot? Old Roker? This doesn't happen to a seven year old, So there you go. It was fun. I know, I there's never like there's so many commercials. It's a commercial within a commercial within a commercial, it's commercial itself.
Speaker 3: That's why I, like I said, I only watched bits and pieces of the parade because young Jackson typically rules the roost when it comes to what's on the television, and so one that when the commercials would come on, he would start screaming other things he wanted to see that wasn't the parade, Like what uh me Mac, which is Mickey mouse ko ko.
Speaker 1: He's still on that.
Speaker 3: He's got a new he's got a new favorite song that he doesn't know the title of, so he just calls it rock.
Speaker 1: Okay, so he just gives yelling a rock. But it's a New Age Girl by Dead Eye Dick where they yell rock, and that's the only part that he remembers. I would like if the newest song that Jackson really fell in love with was because of the Thanksgiving parade, and it was the bust rhyme song. And if Jackson could go like that would be you'd go viral. Your kid would go viral if you could pull that off. So I wish you were. I mean, you know, he doesn't have the fast lyrics yet, but he's worked hard. I don't die, I know, I don't certainly after all these years, a lot of people traveling for Thanksgiving break for those of you who braved the airport's congratulations for making it out alive. Some of the animations I saw of the flights over Thanksgiving, I'll give it to some of you for the stream side of things, just unbelievable. The amount of flights go around like it shows a map what I'm looking at here, and you know, each plane is represented by a plane on the map flying around, and it looks like you found an infestation somewhere. It does. Yeah, it looks like spreading around of a virus across the world and it just getting absolutely everywhere. It is wild the amount of travel that goes down over Thanksgiving weekend. And there was a lot of wintery, cold, cold weather. There was a lot of no there's a lot of things that reminded me how grateful I am to live where I am. This weekend one of the things I fell into. They were like, well, winter has arrived in this remote outpost, which is the coldest, you know, city of a certain size in the world in Russia. And they said, well, we woke up this morning and it's negative sixty eight degrees. Don't worry though. The high later on today is a negative forty eight, so it's going to be a beautiful, toasty, toasty day here. And I'm like, thank God, thank God, I don't live in any of these places, for God's sake. It's rough. It is rough. So I'm glad to have everybody back on board. I'm glad that your Thanksgiving went well. I want to talk about when we come back, and you guys think about this for a second. But I watched all the coverage on Black Friday as people started to do like the whole shopping mayhem thing, and I really get the vibe that Black Friday is just it's just dead. It's just And I don't know who's to blame because they're saying that younger people are still going out and going shopping on Black Friday. Maybe I'm in the older category now, like I have no interest in it and I no longer see the things that we used to see. There used to be a Black Friday death count. There was a website which was counting the amount of people who died because they got into males as they went into the front of a Walmart for a toaster oven or something. I don't feel like it happens anymore. I don't know if it happens anymore. I want to dive into if so, why, and we'll get into that world. We have a lot on deck on a very very busy Monday on the show Welcome to December, Stick with Us Today, and an announcement about something for Cyber Monday. All of that is coming up next on the news junk ho Ho five days off. I tried to stick the landing and I was at the e and it's coming up next on the news Junkie. I got a bone to pick. I don't know if this is true or not. I'm just I'm going off of what Chad says during the show, and that's eighty two percent lies. I think eighty two percent lies, five percent stuff trying to make us fight about things. And perhaps this is in the that category right there. But somebody said, hey, Sean, why were you not present in the radio station Thanksgiving video? And I said, well, is this true? I watched like the first thirty seconds of it or something, and it seemed like it was it was everybody from the radio station. And I said, I sent in a video. I said, if this is true, chat person Sabrino was the one I think who did the Thanksgiving video? Did I get Did I get cut out of the cutting room floor with my Thanksgiving message?
Speaker 4: I guess you have to watch past thirty second show.
Speaker 1: That's the whole thing. I know, all these people, you know what I thought. Okay, here's the brutal thing. And first of all, did I get cut out or no?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Everyone was in. Okay, Okay, here's probably what you were the first one to send your video in uh later on this. Yeah, yeah, here's the funny thing. I don't know if you guys did this or not, but I got an email some Brittis Center an email saying I want to put together a video for Instagram for the radio station with everybody saying happy Thanksgiving. I took that very literally. So I was there's construction going on in the studio. I go into my office and I turn on my camera and I'm like, happy Thanksgiving, everybody, and I do like a peace sign. And I thought that everybody was just supposed to say Happy Thanksgiving and a chain of showing me thanksivy IY Thanksgiving, tive a thousand.
Speaker 2: That was the vision it was. I said, uh see, happy Thanksgiving. That's all I need.
Speaker 4: If you want to say something more, give me a good pause.
Speaker 2: Radio people, and there were, and they're very sweet messages, mind you, but there are some folks who left longer ones and I had no cutting points. So majority was supposed to be happy Thanksgiving, heavy Thanksgiving, Happy Thanksgiving, I.
Speaker 1: Said, radio people, radio pig like since the dawn of time Thanksgiving everybody. I was like, you know what, I'm listening to real radio.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, thank you so very much.
Speaker 1: I wanted it to go, Oh, I God, I'm gonna The reason why this person doesn't think I'm in the radio station Thanksgiving message is because I just said Happy Thanksgiving, peace, and everybody else was like, no, Thanksgiving is a day about family and turkey.
Speaker 2: And in the same sea Lane was my favorite one because he had Jackson say Happy Thanksgiving and I.
Speaker 1: All together and they got distracted. Was very cute.
Speaker 2: And then I there's some other ones where I'm like, I don't want to anyone to feel like I'm cutting them off.
Speaker 1: So should have done it? You should have just brutally cut every single one of them, like everybody, Like you could tell, like somebody somebody's sitting in front of a fireplace with a you know, old fashioned and they're hand and you could tell they're about to go on a long store. It was a happy Thanksgiving. Just cut immediately. I should have known, I should. You definitely made the cut.
Speaker 2: I just try to spread out the very long messages with the short ones in between.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I didn't see myself because I was just buried. I guess I sent I sent. I sent the one with Jackson to Ashley and she was like, I've sent, I've showed this to everybody at the office.
Speaker 3: It's thecuest thing in the world. And then I sent her Ryan Holmes response and she was like, what a monster. And I was like, I go, well, you're kind of You're technically correct.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 1: I forgot though. Everybody in the radio station is going to want to do like a bit and they're gonna bliberty blab even though the instructions Sabrina's instructions. I was very said it said, it said, please say just happy Thanksgiving and then you could stop and then you if you have more things to say, well then maybe I can work that in somewhere else. A bunch of monsters. That's what happens over here. We are people in talk y, people who do not read directions, people who refuse to be short in there in their discussions. Save for us, I think maybe I don't know. Celan even did a bit himself. Okay, A couple of things, A lot of things to hit on here on the first day of December, for God's sake, Uh, this is oh is this is this? Uh? Melissa on the Oh no, no, no no, this is a different clip. Should I save this for when we talk to Amy Coffee call felt later. I mean, she wasn't in studio for that, but was she?
Speaker 2: But you said Black Friday may be dead, and this, all right, is a great example of is it dead or just the younguins don't even know what it is?
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see because that's interesting because and some of the stories I saw, I've got him around here somewhere. It was like, in fact, here's a headline. Older folks are over going to story stores on Black Friday, and this story says gen Z are the keepers of the black back Friday flame. Bloomberg reported the stores with the longest lines where those popular with gen Z like Kendrick Scott, Bath and body Works and addicted ed I k t ed. So the gen Z people were still out there in force on Black Friday and nobody else does. But you're saying in this case, this is at the Florida Mall. I guess it was the opposite. Let's listen in, let's see whats happening here? All right? Good morning, sir, How are you? I'm glad are that's one of the best deals in the store. Of the two towels you're looking at. Oh wow, I didn't know that you were three dollars each. That's a good deal. Yeah, I picked up two people Friday. Thank you. Okay, this guy's like I picked up. I could never be more excited than I am right now. This is what this is. This is this actually proves my point. I'm glad you said this. It used to be that if you were in the stores on Black Friday, you couldn't conduct an interview like this. People were trampled people. Yeah, people would be fighting each other over a big screen TV.
Speaker 4: Or lining up at two am the night before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what intense. They were hanging out with each other they got last Black Friday. Yeah, playing Canasto with their friends to try to see if they could get you know, the first one hundred of PlayStation sevens or whatever. It's kind of crazy. And now it's a guy getting some hand towels at the Florida All. Okay, the towel at three dollar towel? Good morning, how are you? I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Deals in the store.
Speaker 1: The two towels you're looking at, Oh wow.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I didn't know camera behind me, you know what that came out? He probably wants to put the towels down because he doesn't want to, but he was only doing in front of the news guy, so he's like, uh, just came here for towels, buy these things for God's sake. Black Friday appears to be now. The question I have for you today is why? Why? What's going on? Is it all just internet stuff? Is it all cyber Monday stuff that people are waiting for? Did people get tired of waiting in lines, fighting through crowds? It just seems like years ago. And I don't even mean that long ago, maybe four years ago. Certainly during the show, we used to have things where we'd go, here are survival tips for Black Friday, And now you show the door opening at a target, and there's one person who just strolls into the target for the Black Friday deals. It has changed. It has changed in a pretty drastic way. And I want to know what you think the reasoning for that is and what you saw in your experience. Send us a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. One thing is for sure, it's cyber Monday today. Let's spend so much money this morning before the sun game up? Did you really did you get anything good?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm just like doing a little yeah here and there, and the deal is pretty good.
Speaker 1: Air pods, these kind of things.
Speaker 2: Have you heard of Amazon Hall, Yeah, because I went to town on that.
Speaker 1: Oh great, what did you buy? You buy a bunch of junk that you're never going to get.
Speaker 2: Luly and junk that I'm going to give as Christmas gifts. Oh right, They're like, how about you spend ten dollars and forty eight cents more and you'll get ten percent off?
Speaker 1: And I go challenge accept it. Yeah, there's a lot of Actually I'm being serious and I know you are too. There are a lot of actually good deals on a cyber Monday. There are good deals that people have. And if you go to Amazon today, like so many millions of people will do, you will find stuff. You'll find flat screen TVs for insane prices, and computers and iPads and all of the rest. You'll find all of these things, and it's fairly interesting to see this stuff. But for me at this point, I don't do a lot of that. I kind of I hate to say this. I don't mean to bring things down, but when it comes to Christmas time, at Christmas shopping, I don't have many people to buy for because a lot of my family members day died and day and and uh and you know, the only one left I don't talk to or having another day.
Speaker 4: I don't talk to Dylan anymore.
Speaker 1: After the roast. No, sorry, no, I don't talk to him anymore. I don't. We don't hang out. No Dylan, I you know, get Dylan whatever he wants for Christmas. But mostly Courtney is the interface for all of the gifts that we have to buy for, like nieces and nephews and grandma and grandpa, like all of these people. And uh, it's interesting because it keeps me in touch with what little kids still want for the holidays.
Speaker 3: But otherwise, I said Courtney weird, and it stuck in my head and I just googled the Courtney.
Speaker 1: Clerk of court Seeah, Slowly but surely, I will break everyone to this. I don't know if any of this is just not big for me, or if it's just not that big enough for a lot of you out there. So let us know if you're participating or not, And if, by chance, by chance, if you are participating in Cyber Monday, let me show you a little secret here Okay, let's go over to my laptop ceiling. You see, this is the Newsjunkie dot com. All right, And if you go to the news Junkie dot com and you click merch, clicking merch, you might see that we have for Cyber Monday the roast shirt along with a digital download code for the roast event is up on the store over in the merch section of the news Junkie dot com. There is a very limited amount of these shirts. If you have somebody who loves the show and you want to get them a gift where they can get a shirt and also a card that has a digital download code for the roast when it comes out in the next week or so. Here this is the way to do it. Very very limited supplies. Go check this out right now and grab yours while you can over at the news Junkie dot Com in the merch section. All right, that's your Cyber Monday deal from us over here on the News Junkie. Grab that please.
Speaker 2: I did finally find the and got the permission Melissa Today's show segment where she carved it.
Speaker 1: Al Roker this is a too. This is a Josh Fowler's lovely wife.
Speaker 7: Wanted to say hello to this young lady.
Speaker 1: What's your name, sir? And this is what's your name? No? No, I'm sorry Katie Kirk. This is Katie Kirk. When Katie Kirk was on the Today's.
Speaker 4: Show lesbian her without being lesbian, and and she's going.
Speaker 1: To talk to Josh's wife Melissa, And what what is your monkey's name? Monkey?
Speaker 7: Monkey?
Speaker 1: Hell?
Speaker 7: Monkey?
Speaker 1: Wow? What should I name my monkey? Question? She's the equivalent of, like, speaking of the Today Show, who is the other one? Uh, Kathy Lee? When the knocks over the cups in this place? My monkey's name is monkey? You dummy? What what else?
Speaker 7: And what is your monkey's name?
Speaker 1: Monkey?
Speaker 7: Monkey?
Speaker 1: Hello? Monkey?
Speaker 7: Very nice to neat you.
Speaker 2: Having fun?
Speaker 1: You are? Yeah? You want to say now it's time for the weather, and Willard, now it's time for the weather, and Willard screwed it up. Listen, screwed it was supposed to say weather, and Willard gave still starts talking, Oh god, he's gonna do a smucker his bit. Is that what he's doing here? She did a great job. She's getting some good TV. Time's telephone calls for you?
Speaker 8: Are you ready? Yeah?
Speaker 1: It's pretending to take an old time he telephone calls pizza. They got a pet for the pizza with devil cheese? Is this for you? Melissa doesn't want to be okay, doesn't true. You know what she did. She did the opposite of what we tell people to do when you have an opportunity on television to go viral and get all the free Dominoes pizza. Ever, all you have to do is go I love Domadoes and she's like I'm sure.
Speaker 4: But then comes along and it's like, we have all the cheese pizza you want.
Speaker 1: If I was a little kid up there, I think at a high pressure situation like that, probably would have just throw clammed up sean Domino's pizzas on the lot. You would have been like that towel guy like yeah I got two please? Yeah, I had no idea. Guy was like Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite getting interviewed about in the news. Well, sweat uh. Let's go to the box office this weekend. Yes, that's right, big big weekend Thanksgiving weekend at the box office. Number one with a bullet is Zutopia. Shouts out to all the celebrities who are doing the promotional tour for Zutopia right now, because in half of the countries the movie is called Zutopia, and in the other half of the countries that they're promoting in it is not called Zutopia. It's called like Zulandia or some such things. Zoop yeah, copywritten, I guess, so, yeah, Zutopia. What about male models or hold on Everland? Zootropolis. So I was watching Jason Bateman, who does the voice of the Fox, and he was doing an interview with some Hurtle kid. Yeah yeah, and he's talking about where he wait, I didn't I didn't want to ask him any questions. It was a really tiny individual with a microphone. But Jason Bateman's like, did you see Zuopolis three? And I'm like, what an idiot? He doesn't know the name of his own movie. Damn. He's impressive. He's flexing back and forth this, you know, for different markets that they promote this thing in where they got different names. But Zootopia to number one at the box office.
Speaker 3: I think that Now You See Me movie was like that too, because I saw it being called now you See Me three, or in Spanish it's like los los illusionistas.
Speaker 1: Are the illusionists, all right? Yeah? Z Utopia too, were real big at the box office, a five day weekend of one hundred and fifty six million dollars, one of the biggest English movie openings of all time in China with like two hundred and fifty million dollars. You know what, So gay crap. It's doing really, really well. People like animals. It's the great equalizer. People are into it. Wicked for good, bringing in another ninety three million dollars in at number two. Now you see me, now you don't or The Illusion East is number three, depending on where you are, forty nine million dollars, Predator and Running Man rounding out the top five at the box office. Quick Break, we got a lot to get to. I got a clip that I guess is resurfaced from last year, but I've never seen it before, So one thousand percent. We have to play this today because I think it's going to make you laugh. We got to talk about I don't know, do you have the update on the Home Improvement Kid in the next episode? My yeah, we got to spend some time talking about that. I don't know what's happened in this guy's world, but it's a big boy.
Speaker 2: You're a Bengo car that needs to be punched out or something that's not how it works.
Speaker 1: And there was one part of his arrest in particular that we need to talk about. We'll get to that in a little bit. Amy Cawfel, it's all coming up next. I'm a news junkie. It's the big, big long weekend for Thanksgiving weekend. We hope you all had a safe time, a good time out there. People tend to have fun, they enjoy family. All of these things are great. I did attempt to bring back the let's give thanks, Yeah I did. I didn't know when to try to eke that in for those of you who don't know the lore here years ago on the show, I told a very true story about how we were all sitting around the table for Thanksgiving, all of Courtney's family who have had Thanksgiving dinner with for like a decade now, and we're sitting around the table and they go, now, everybody is gonna say what they're thankful for, and everybody does a nice thing like I'm thankful for this, and I'm thankful for that, and then it comes to me and I said, and I just winged it. I didn't I wasn't thinking of anything, and I said, I'm thankful that we only have to do this once a year, and people laughed. But then it was just like God. And then the next year they stopped doing the thankful bit. They stopped it and and I mean this was like a thing that they did every year as a family, as somebody families do, and I ruined it. I completely ruined a family tradition single handedly. I felt so bad about it. So I was going to this year try to bring it back up. But I didn't know. It's like hopscotch. I was like, where do I bring up though, what I'm thankful for thing this year? Did you have everybody around? I did? I had like a they had heinekens, so I was I had one reasonable heineken whilst there, and so had I did have that. I could have tried to cheers or something, but everybody grabbed hands and they do like a prayer before they eat at Thanksgiving, and we said we did that. You know, like where I stare at the ground awkwardly and then I go I'm afterwards, and then everybody sits down. You know, there's big, big table, probably fifteen sixteen people there or something maybe more, And I went to go like, uh wait, should we do the thankful thing?
Speaker 8: And I.
Speaker 1: That was my pitch, Yeah, should we do the thankful thing? I was going to do this. We listen to the show Sean and the response is, let's just let everybody get to their food. That's not let's see while the food is the warm gave that response doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: Even worse than when he ruined it originally.
Speaker 1: Should we do the thankful thing? Let's just let everybody get to their food while it's warm. Still, let's let everyone get to that like oh, well, to be honest, I didn't tee it up like I should have. I should have done like I wanted to bring the family tradition back. I'll start out, I'm thankful for the I should have I didn't though, the one that manything got to me. And then now it just doesn't matter. It doesn't So yeah, you got it. The food is warm, and it was delicious and it was a great time for sure. Somebody sent this over this weekend, and I think this may be one of those resurface clips, but I love it nonetheless, and it's going viral this year as a like, hey, this is why you're not supposed to get drunk on the Thanksgiving break. Warning. All right, you're not supposed to get drunk over Thanksgiving break. Here's your warning. This could happen to you. And I think it actually was released at some point last year, but a lot of you probably haven't seen it. Have you seen where this woman is getting the DUI test on the side of the road. She's supposed to do the whole alphabet gig, and she, well, she doesn't do great, she doesn't do last much longer alpha.
Speaker 3: I think they try to trick you with the alphabet thing, because it's not just like say the alphabet, it's like say the alphabet starting at C and stop, don't go at all past M.
Speaker 1: Was it hard for you? That shouldn't be hard. I mean, I think you get into a rhythm you used to kind of like sing it in your head. I think they tell you not to sing it too. No, they're still trying to sing it in your head. Yeah, here she goes she's trying on the side of the road. The allegation is that this lovely young lady maybe had a couple of drinks too many. Let's see how she did with the roadside test.
Speaker 7: It's the alphabet from start to finish without singing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whenever you're ready.
Speaker 8: The A E, F G, h I, f n g h I, c K hYP h q E s h q E s I c B.
Speaker 2: After all these years you, I mean, I don't know do we have to put into the test that like we get blacked out drunk and I think that we could say the ABC.
Speaker 1: Is no problems. She did not get through.
Speaker 4: It started off with the first three letters were wrong?
Speaker 1: Were they not? C, A, C B, She's right right off the jump and he gave it to her. Can you do your A B CS and she said, sure, A c B.
Speaker 7: The alphabet from start to finish alphabet, Yeah, whenever you're right.
Speaker 1: Second letter, but with.
Speaker 4: Confidently A, C, B, d E, f G, s h I, f n g g n ol p h q es.
Speaker 1: H c I. Really her alphabet has a lot of hs in There are many, many many hs. There's a fing and a hick in there. Yeah, the h I K.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I autocorrect, officer, what do.
Speaker 1: You want me to do? So stupid? Don't drink and drive. Do not do this.
Speaker 4: It's a fairy don't yours?
Speaker 1: Yeah, say like I couldn't do this if I was stone cold sober. Don't say that because that implies say I I don't know though I never learned my A B c's. There's a lot of a lot of kids these days probably don't know their A B c's.
Speaker 4: I'm dyslexic.
Speaker 1: I would guess that there's many of them that don't know how to get all the way through disease, certainly not without doing the singsongy thing. And they even change that at one point, they're trying to change it.
Speaker 4: It doesn't stick.
Speaker 1: They were like A B C D E G H jodey. They try to change the temple. They're trying to get rid of elemento and yeah, I don't know a man JK L M N O speak like it just stupid. Give me the elemental P and g H I C K no fin kick is not that that just doesn't seem like it should be out there in the alphabet. But uh, there you go, be safe out there. Everybody. A lot of stories about people stealing Christmas decorations, which is shocking to me. It's unbelievable to me. It's depressing to me that people will be out there in broad daylight one of the stories. And uh, you know, Amy Coffelt might be able to speak more on this. We'll talk with her about a bunch of stuff at the top of the hour here. But there was one thief got caught stealing Christmas decorations from a home in broad daylight. The yeah, they go right out in front of the house. It just starts stealing Chris miss deecorations. Southward of families in shock after a thief drove up to their house and stole their Christmas decorations in broad daylight. Lizbeth, the mother, says she put up the decorations early for her children, and she went to the grocery store. She was shocked to see a car reverse into their front yard and began ripping out the family's Christmas inflatables, including a Christmas tree and a mini mouse decoration. The guy grabbed up as much as he could. I stood there in disbelief. I cannot believe it. It's unbelievable. The belief has gone with this lady, especially with my kids. The family is speaking out to alert neighbors of the incident. How low can you go stealing Halloween aor Christmas? I guess Christmas decorations just unacceptable uninflatables, and they got like unplugging them, squishing the air out, shoving the root off in the trunk of your car. Just please don't do it. It's a really, really bad look. Really want to know what happened in my not my neighborhood, but it came up on my neighbors app my ring Neighbors app What happened because somebody had one of the floodlight cams that you know the guys was kind of up there and they posted a video of some young looking kids getting arrested. Oh yeah, I sent it to you, Sean. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But the thing that got me I was like, people still say this. The caption on the video was four JITs captured.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was like, ji g yeah, yeah, same. We'll talk about that. We'll talk about that at some point here, because there's some other things about that video and something else I want to throw in. We do have our friend Amy Kaffell coming up in a matter of minute, so we'll go over everything happening in the news with Amy Kaffell. We'll see what's happening for her holiday break. We only got three weeks left in the show on a cyber Monday, So hang out with us. That's coming up next on the news junk Key. It is Monday, and it is our favorite time of the week. Of course, it's time to welcome our friend Amy Cough up from fun.
Speaker 7: And I didn't forget. It's like a normal workday today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how was How was your long holiday weekend? Did you get any actual days off or did they make your work right through it? Amy? I did.
Speaker 7: I was actually just talking to see Lane about that.
Speaker 6: So I took So we do have shows on Thanksgiving and the day after, but I took Thursday Friday off, so it was awesome. So got to hang out with the family. The girls came home from college. We had a lot of fun. We just know, I don't know, just family stuff.
Speaker 7: We went shopping. We did Black Friday shopping.
Speaker 1: That was fun. It was good. Okay, you went out there, you did Black Friday shopping. My theory is that it seems like Black Friday shopping is kind of dead. The crowd aren't shoving each other around, people aren't It's not a big social event where people are getting hurt and stuff anymore, which is probably a good thing. But it seems like the Black Friday, Mayhem is over. Did you see any of that?
Speaker 7: So the only thing that was crazy was the line. So it was packed.
Speaker 6: The mall was insane, Like people aren't there's no like must have anything, you know in the mall.
Speaker 7: So I mean people are just you know, they're just in these long lines. It was just packed there. And here's the other thing I thought was interesting.
Speaker 6: There were no sales that were like, Wow, this is like a crazy good deal on this. Everything was like, I don't know, twenty five thirty percent.
Speaker 1: Off, which I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't know about you guys, but I'm like it's got to be like half off or more for me to be like, wow, it's amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: A lot of like in store only deals these days, right, Yeah.
Speaker 6: They're trying to get you to actually show up in the store because you buy more if you go in the store.
Speaker 7: I at least I do anyway, because I'm like, oh I need that, Oh I need that.
Speaker 1: So I don't need that, but I'll put it in my car. I feel like, like in twenty twenty five, here's where I'm at. It's so complicated. I'm pretty good with numbers, but even I get lost in the number tsunami that Courtney will throw at me. So, for instance, last night, she was getting some things for her nieces and she goes, okay, I should get this now, and I go, why do you need to get it right now? And she goes, well, it's a pre Cyber Monday deal at the time, and she goes, the item is fifty percent off, and then if I add another item to it, it'll hit the forty dollars mark, which makes it free shipping, which then basically makes this like this. And then that's what I do with all my orders. That's called girl math man. You a girl math girl math Hi. By the end of it, I go, it's a good deal, and she goes, yeah, of course, of course it's a good deal. Dummy, give me the card and I'm like, okay, here we go. I had no idea what happened to me afterwards. It's like the most twenty first century shakedown that could ever happen. But here we are. So Thanksgiving break was good. Now we're back. I can't believe it's December. I cannot believe it is December, but here we are in the month of December. Do you have any Christmas decorations up.
Speaker 6: Yet, Amy, Yeah, Sean, I decorated like three weeks ago.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I did, like early Novembers.
Speaker 6: The whole house is decorated on the inside, but I'm not in charge of the outside lights. So that is the one thing that is not completed, because the person in charge of the outside lights keeps saying they're going.
Speaker 7: To do the outside lights but hasn't done them.
Speaker 1: The name do you know who you are? Okay, she's done all her work.
Speaker 6: Really starting to irritate me because now like everybody else has their outside lights up, so now we look like the Scrooge house, even though I had the inside decorated weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Now, mind you, I have the lawn lights.
Speaker 2: You could change the colors, and so I have like red and green those only lights for like two hours up the sun goes down, and I have.
Speaker 4: Put everything right by the door and right outside. I've lined things up.
Speaker 2: I have the screwdriver because I want to do year long lights, and I still cannot bring myself to do it.
Speaker 4: My god, I've searched everywhere.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, actually, you.
Speaker 4: Know, maybe we can just find someone who will do it for a low cost.
Speaker 1: Here's my problem, and this has started a fight in my household. And I'm not gonna lie. It's been it's been a little heaped around here. Okay, it just has Christmas spirit. We put up the Christmas stuff, and by we, I mean Courtney. I didn't do any I'm not even allowed to. I don't know what's going on, but it's She did the banister, and she did the Christmas tree, and she did a bunch of other stuff. And we got into it because I said, I don't like whatever this trend is that's going around. I don't It doesn't feel trends you're talking about now, the trend of just endlessly adding more and more and more more stuff to the Christmas tree. And she goes, we need more ornaments, and I go to hell, we do we need. I'll show you guys a picture. I'll have to go get a picture of the tree and show you what it looks like, because it's just it's out of control. It's completely control.
Speaker 4: As there are tiny little tree limbs.
Speaker 1: You can hang something on it. That's that's what she thinks. She believes that. She's like, look what I'm going to show you is like three quarters done. Give me just a second here, and I'll show you this is what our tree looks like at three quarters done. Because after this court he was like, oh, I've got two more boxes of stuff to put on the tree. Here here it is, and oh it's so beautiful. So there's so many things on the tree. There's well there's at you can't see it. It's cut off. It's up here. Yeah, there's a star up there that's cut off. It's clear your star lights up, doesn't it. No, I don't. I don't think it does.
Speaker 4: One's in the Christmas spirit at that household.
Speaker 1: It's just there's no more green left on the tree. Have you guys seen this thing that goes around? It's like keep putting more and more and more and more and more stuffed lights.
Speaker 2: In there's I found myself ornaments different situation where Nicole was being shamed by her friends that shall not be named because you're supposed to have a tree that's all like matchie MATCHI yeah, that's supposed to be all the same, like white and garland.
Speaker 1: There's usually a color scheme. And I go, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I wanted to put up the ornaments that my mom gave me of Carl from for show.
Speaker 1: And you should. It's about putting up ornaments on a tree that have memories associated with meaning to you.
Speaker 4: Apparently not because it's not chic, and we.
Speaker 1: Have a ton of those on our tree. But and those are beautiful and I love them. I want a green Christmas tree with a couple of lights and some ornaments that mean something. I don't want. It looks like somebody took a massive gun of some type and there was an ornament shooting gun. It just kept shooting the tree sound audio. I mean it, it looks great, did a great job. It's just a lot. I mean, like when the Grinch flipped his vacuum to you know, from suck to blow exactly everything. Yeah, that is sort of what it looks like. It's beautiful. She did a great job. She's immensely artistic and talented in every way. But it's to me, I want more tree. I want more of the tree space instead of trying to perfectly put an ornament every inch or two absolutely everywhere. Fantastic.
Speaker 3: She has tetris the hell out of that thing to ensure maximum ornamentage.
Speaker 1: There's a lot. There's hundreds of these things on this damn tree.
Speaker 6: It's I still have my Courtney ornament on my tree. Please tell her I love got me like a little ornament with it looks like Mazy and it has like it's a gone Retriever with a little Santa hat on it, and it is like shrine placement on my Christmas tree.
Speaker 1: I love it. Well. It is a beautiful time of year. The weather has been really really nice. All things are gearing up for the end of twenty twenty five, which is kind of crazy to think about in and of itself. Remember what happened? I mean, we're really like in the home stretch here, people are already checking out Amy, which is kind of astonishing to me. I did see though, you're not done with the news over there. Fox thirty five has been getting some traction in some headlines for one of the latest interviews with the Anna Kepner family and the cruise murder mystery story that has been engaging the whole world, Like people all over the world are following this Fox thirty five and am Kowfield of course right at the center of this story. And what I'm getting now like the new updates to me, it seems and tell me if I'm missing anything or where we should be at on the story of this eighteen year old who died. It appears she was murdered pop simply by her stepbrother who she was rooming with on this cruise ship. They said potentially that he like put her in some sort of choke hold and then hit her under the bed. It seems to me that the stage we're in now is the family is growing more and more frustrated with a lack of action here. There haven't been any charges filed, and the family seems to be upset. Is that about where we seem to be on this case.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So here's what we have coming up this week.
Speaker 6: So we have a civil court hearing on Friday in which Christopher Kepner, who is Anna's dad, is scheduled to testify.
Speaker 7: So this is a civil court case.
Speaker 6: This is kind of where a lot of the information has been coming from, is these civil court documents regarding his current his current wife and her ex husband and there's like a custody battle over the kids, and so they have been trying to get this the testimony in this particular hearing closed, turned it into closed testimony so that people outside are not privy to what's going on. Because this is where we initially had the discovery that the step brother could potentially be implicated in the case because it said in these documents, these divorce, divorce and child custody proceedings, you know that the stepbrother could potentially be you know, a suspect in a murder case or a homicide case.
Speaker 7: And and if that's the case, then they didn't want.
Speaker 6: The parents and stepparents to be implicated or to have to say things they want.
Speaker 7: It's just I'm telling you, you, guys, one of those more complicated cases we've covered.
Speaker 1: It is it's got a blended family, it's got estranged mothers, it's got all of the things that you can imagine. The local Yeah, there's a lot of very strange people. That guy is still popping off on Twitter. I check his Twitter feed every couple days. Have you been following the uncle in this case, samm Kaffer that we're talking about.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So initially the uncle was very vocal about what happened and then would delete posts. But as Celine just mentioned the problem, none of these people that we have reached out to actually want to do an on camera interview with us.
Speaker 7: So the grandparents did an on camera.
Speaker 6: Interview I believe with ABC News that was like two weeks ago, and that was how the information came out about how Anna died. None of the stuff has been released by the authorities. Everything is hearsay or second party and then as journalists you get caught in a really awkward situation where like Fox News, who's our parent company, was reporting what the grandparents told ABC News. So, you know, normally as journalists were very careful about those things. Until it can be independently verified by us or it's our interview, we don't report on it, and so it's just created a whole nother level of complication of covering this story is like how much of what we report are we pulling from what other people have reported? And is that really good journalism if you're not verifying it independently and you can't get that confirmed and the FBI is not talking, I mean.
Speaker 2: They can't give even just a general hey, this is where we're at, and hear all the things that are incorrect.
Speaker 1: So well, I think I think they would say Sabrina probably like, hey, our job is not to speak with the media, it's to investigate these cases and get justice. But usually you don't have this many like everybody's watching and the vacuum is being filled by all sorts of information. I mean, I kind of think I know what's going on here, but it's still very, very full of twists and turns here.
Speaker 7: So we'll have sean.
Speaker 6: As you mentioned, heard from family members, not us personally, but other family members have spoken to some media outlets and said that yes, they wanted.
Speaker 7: Arrest made in this case.
Speaker 6: We had a criminal defense attorney on this morning and he said it is not unusual at all for us to be just a few weeks, you know, after Anna's death for an arrest to not have been made.
Speaker 7: It hasn't It hasn't even been a month yet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and she died, but it's frustrating for people. They don't understand, you know, why has there not been arrest?
Speaker 7: Why is somebody not in custody?
Speaker 1: Well, the story I saw was from TMZ and it said Anna Kepner's aunt says the family is in turmoil as they are left with more questions and answers regarding the eighteen year old's murder aboard a carnival cruise ship earlier this month, Her aunt, Crystal Wright, told Fox thirty five Orlando this week, the family is quote just sitting here waiting for an update from authorities and describe their frustration that further action against her stepbrother, who's allegedly under investigation regarding your death has not been taken. So you know, that's like what's really driving the discussion at this moment. We'll see what we learned this week. When did you say that hearing was the new herring Friday? Friday? Okay, so we may get some information at that point. We'll see what's going on. Anything else grabbing your attention here?
Speaker 6: The first week get is say, so there's a wild case that's actually coming to court today. This is a guy who was convicted of killing his wife, his in laws, and another man inside of a furniture store fifty years ago. This guy has been on death row in Florida for fifty years for these murders that happened in winter Garden on Christmas Eve nineteen seventy five. And so he has attorneys now who are saying that that DNA evidence will exonerate him. There was no DNA evidence fifty years ago. So now this is coming to light in court now. So he is basically back in a courtroom setting. His lawyers are trying to get him exonerated fifty years after these crimes happened. He says that there was another person inside of the store that day that did the murders, that it wasn't him, and so we'll see what happened.
Speaker 7: He's eighty years old now, by the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I mean, who a lot of people that are probably part of the case have passed.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's a great point, Sabrina.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, So they're hoping that it is in fact this DNA evidence that will prove They say that this DNA results could prove that Zigler, his name is Tommy Zigler, struggled with Charlie Mays, who was a customer who was in the store who was also killed that night.
Speaker 7: So again, you have no witnesses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when they have cases like this, sometimes I get the feeling that the attorneys just want a retrial and then they're never going to do the retrial because you can't retry a fifty year old case.
Speaker 7: Years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good luck to you. It's just not going to be incredible.
Speaker 6: But it happened to our garden Christmas Eve, so you also eerie that here it is, you know, we're coming up on the on the fifty year mark of when this happened, Yeah, nineteen seventy five.
Speaker 1: Anything else out there grabbing your attention, Amy cough.
Speaker 7: Fell, Yeah, I mean we're going to be at a hearing today.
Speaker 6: A Blue Origin is wanting to get rid of some rocket waste into the Indian River Lagoon, which, if anybody's lived in central Florida for a long time, you know, the Indian River Lagoon is an area that is people have been trying to.
Speaker 7: Protect to keep the manatees how healthy.
Speaker 1: In the ocean like way out that's hard to get to. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So we'll be all over that today just to see where we're at with the hearing. And I mean there's so much stuff that you know, we don't even realize that's happening as far as our environment is concerned.
Speaker 7: You know that things that are being put into the water ways that we're not even aware of.
Speaker 1: What is rocket waste?
Speaker 7: Yeah, well it's from the Blue Origin program.
Speaker 1: So that's worried.
Speaker 7: So to me, they just thinks they don't want anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess, so, Holy CAP's.
Speaker 4: On them to get rid of not put into nature.
Speaker 1: Well, we have too many manatees. Clearly they are slow, dare you? They are ugly and protected, thank you. They eat too much stuff and it's just time to see the just I've had enough of them.
Speaker 3: You can't even dump a cup of water next to amanite without them wanting to cuff.
Speaker 1: Give you the cuffs. Yeah, watch your breaks on the scent next year. Quick, You're gonna take a quick break. Our friend Amy Kawel, And thank you for being with us. We are indeed thankful for Amy Coffel every week that she's the best of the best of the best. Make sure you're watching her each and every morning on Good Day Orlando if you're here locally where we broadcast from in Orlando, Florida. But no matter where you are, I'm telling you this is a site to bookmark because they are on top of all of the biggest stories at Fox thirty five Orlando dot com. And follow our friend Amy Kawfel everywhere you can on social media. Just search for Amy Cawfel. We'll see you next week. Amy. You guys where she goes. She's the best. We'll be back. We got more to get into. More clips to talk about some chaos at the movie theater, chaos on a United Airlines flight, chaos everywhere. Baby, Let's see how it all went down, because that is coming up next on the news Junkie. Lots of stuff to get into on a Monday here, a cyber Monday. As I said, we have a very limited deal up on the merch store that you can check out if you'd like to, and it comes with the roast shirt and a digital download for the Roast of VOD which is coming out in about a weekish weakish should be released and available for everybody at that point in tom. I wanted to share this with everybody because I think this probably happens a bit, but I want to know if you think this is on the level of a crime. Because the family that this happened to, this is a door dash mishap. The family that this happened to wants the door door dash driver arrested for the delivery, all right, Okay, they want the DoorDash driver arrested, like actually arrested, hold off to jail for what this DoorDash driver did. And I can see some reasons maybe why you would want that, Like if somebody stole some food that you paid for and they were a DoorDash driver that is stealing and that is technically against the law and they should be getting some trouble from the law and law enforcement because of it. However, here's what happened in this case. In a doorbell video that's going viral. This is the DoorDash driver I'm looking at here. He's got the food all in the the door dash pouch supposed to be nice and warm, comes up to the door. He's grabbing the stuff out of the pouch, the warm pouch. He drops it, puts it back together, and leaves. Okay, a couple of things I want to note here. Number one, when he dropped the food, a wing falls out and the wing is on the ground. The chicken wing that was in the delivery is on the ground right here, and he picked it up, put it back in with the food and didn't say anything. And then of course he takes a nice little finger lick he does. And then when he's leaving the.
Speaker 2: Scene here there was a good little stinky leg on the wing stain on the ground.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just tries to like, you know, so wing Mark, let me get rid of this here and I'm out of here, which I think is gross. And I think probably happens more than we would ever want to admit. But do you think there should be a charge against this guy? I mean, I think maybe the fact that he didn't notify the people that something could happen to their food, you should.
Speaker 4: I mean that was easy enough. Hey, sorry, this just happened one wing down.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna leave it here on the ground, and then you go to door dash and you say something went wrong and you get your money back.
Speaker 1: Well, let's go to this. If this happened in a restaurant. If I'm in a restaurant, food falls on the ground, I serve the food to patrons and I don't tell him. Have I committed a crime?
Speaker 4: I mean tampering with food I thought was a crime.
Speaker 1: It could be. I don't know. That's what to say. Specifically, if you like, drop food on the ground, don't tell anybody and then serve it to them. Because if it's a crime in the restaurant, I would imagine it's still a crime for the door dash driver who does this. Is there an argument to be made that tampering with food is something you do on purpose, and if you simply dropped something and picked it back up, that that would have been accidental tamper. It could be. Yeah, I could ask a here. You know what I would have done if I was this guy, if I was a DoorDash, gut, just take the one chicken wing that dropped out and leave and everything else was fine. You know, there was one that fumbled out onto the ground. But to say that the door Dash delivery driver fumbled the food and therefore he should face charges over this.
Speaker 2: That's why I don't understand at this point why door Dash and Uber don't have this requirement by the restaurants, and a lot of them do.
Speaker 4: Is like your drivers picking up.
Speaker 2: A sealed bag. Uh huh, like it is getting packed up ready to go. Mind you, it would be nice if they could double check some stuff. But if anything, that was a very loose top.
Speaker 1: To blame.
Speaker 4: But this could have been avoided if it was just a sealed bag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, usually they have that kind of stuff. This is from a Papa John's delivery. No, that that was the thing. Is it door Dash? On that it looks like a door Dash his bag, he says, door Dash. Yeah, the case he took it out of, says DoorDash. But the food appears to be Papa John's, and then it's definitely else. It was definitely Papa Jones. Who gets DoorDash for pizza?
Speaker 3: Why why do you not delivered like a little weird Papa John's, Like there are other pizza places that may not deliver that you can still get uber eats from their There's a a couple of places near me that we do, but for Papa John's. Unless this is an area where the restaurant itself like partners with door Dash instead of having a delivery service.
Speaker 1: Maybe I just think if you throw this guy in jail, man, you're gonna throw a lot of them in jail. This probably happens quite a bit, all right, So what crime could this be?
Speaker 3: Serving food that you knowingly contaminated can fall under several criminal categories in many US states. Criminal negligence if you should have known it could make someone sick, reckless endangerment if serving the food created as a substantial risk of harm. Food adulteration is a specific crime in many states. They have lost making it illegally to intentionally illegal to intentionally serve adulterated food contaminated by foreign material or unsanitary conditions. There's that intentional word, Yeah, But I mean the other one is criminal negligence, and that that's something you could charge somebody with. The other things are health code violations, and I don't know that you're like getting the handcuffs out for that right it?
Speaker 1: Probably you should shouldn't, even though let's see a lot of comments coming at Williams says, are you, Siria as sean a crime? Get real? It was a mistake. Yes, the customer can contact door dash and the item would be taken off and they could leave a bad review, but not a crime. OMG. Well, the thing is that this person didn't say anything, and if you didn't have a doorbell cam, you would have no idea that you were eating some ground wings. You were just eating the chicken wings from right off of the ground. But my point is, I feel like this probably happens a lot. I feel like I have it a lot. And if you hold them to this standard, like if your food touches the ground, the delivery driver goes to jail. That might not work in practice, that might not be a good thing. I'll put this up on see it now so you could take a look. Come me grab a screenshot of this right now. You could take a look over on See It Now. It's a visual and then as with all the visuals, if you want to see what we're talking about here on the show, you can do that. You go over to the news Junkie dot com you hit these see it Now button pressto bango just like that, you'll be able to see what we're talking about in this phase to chat GPT in the like the hypothetical was the restaurant one, like if you drop food to the restaurant and picked it up and serve it to customers. Yeah, they said, realistically, there wouldn't actually be charges unless somebody reported it. There's proof and somebody there was harm, like you know, somebody got sick something like that. They said, like.
Speaker 3: Criminal charges only likely if the act was intentional, the contamination could reasonably cause illness and the customer became sick or reported it.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they did, but I know the family allegedly was suggesting that they wanted charges against the door dash drivers. Go check it out on See It Now at the Neewsjunkie dot Com. Let me return the next episode with Sabrina. What's coming up on the next episode? What's coming on.
Speaker 2: The next episode ode just in time for Christmas. Someone's getting a special gift from Sam that's shaped like an infamous sex tape.
Speaker 4: Safe Yay plus h time seven plus.
Speaker 2: Stranger Things round up great good or I'm quoting one person on the internet, woke, dumpster fire. All that and so much more coming up on the next episode.
Speaker 1: And that is coming up next on the news Chunkie. Don't forget it's cyber Monday. We have a deal up for you right now for a very very limited time where you can get the Roast shirt and that also comes with a digital download code for the Roast event, which is going to be out in just a little bit over a week here on the show, So grab that if you want to over on the Neewsjunki dot com in the merch section. Right now, let's get into it. Let's do the next episode, because there's a lot on TV. You can't possibly keep up with all of it, even though you should, because what else are you going to talk about? What in the hell did I get myself into nice? It's time for the next episode with Sabrinay.
Speaker 4: Hold up, I just spun the wheel, that's all.
Speaker 1: No, that's what came up I literally I can't tell you now, but I said that exact phrase to myself. I'd like I heard Sean say it in my head at some point over the weekend when putting up some Christmas decorations that was going anything but swimmingly.
Speaker 2: I did that and said it was your phrase. No, maybe it was Sean too. It was like, recognize it right away. That's a bad right way anyway. The next episode brought you by that mortgage guy Don, And speaking of thankful, I am so thankful for him, a longtime sponsor in front of the show, and he's helping everyone out when it comes to refinancing those beautiful homes you own. Perhaps twenty twenty six is a dream home in your future, then work with someone who's got your back. I know of someone right now, very dear friend of mine, Dan, who's looking into buying his first home.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: The first person he.
Speaker 2: Went to and sat down with was that mortgage guy Don, because he trusts him. Don's an expert, but he makes it uncomplicated, you know, opposite of Avri Lavine's top hit, right, and it should be for everyone. So start that process today by going to that mortgage guy Don.
Speaker 1: Dot's do't miss the vook mortgage. I've also heard that the rates might be coming down a little bit. I think that some people that are reading the tea leaves are saying there might be some drop in soon. So good good you want to buy or REFI? Which is I think something that we would be interested in at some point? You know the talk to don Yeah, I'll do. Oh what in the hell did I get myself into? Same thing?
Speaker 4: The band that is this one right here?
Speaker 1: So they're not a prude because they are pistol that is right, and.
Speaker 4: They were asking themselves the same question.
Speaker 2: Forty nine years ago, nineteen seventy six, when Johnny Rotten of the Sex Pistols used profanity live on the BBC, The press called the band rotten punks because of it, and making them the founding fathers of punk rock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that where the phrase came from? Punk rock?
Speaker 4: According to my Back in the Day website, that's.
Speaker 1: A that's a badge of honor to say that you started as a genre.
Speaker 2: Yeah, true, absolutely, no, maybe we can come up with this genre name. Because it was eleven years ago in twenty fourteen that AMC issued an apology for screwing up on social media. They posted a major major spoiler alert uh oh without the alert, just spoiler on Facebook right after the Walking Dead mid season finale, revealing the death of a main character. Fans had not seen the episode because it was I think even before streaming was as popular.
Speaker 7: As it is now.
Speaker 1: I remember these people were mad about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, they were furious.
Speaker 2: It showed a picture of Daryl carrying a body with the caption rip spoiler alert Beth, making them the founding fathers of boomers us and fains will them, I mean, go ahead and fill in the blank, because that's exactly what I had. I was supposed to fill it in, fathers of stupid idiot fun suckers.
Speaker 3: Definitely accidentally spoiled something for Walking Dead for people once, and there was a lot of heat coming my way.
Speaker 2: Remember when I spoiled Breaking Bad for you? Yeah that was you actually ripped off the phones and threw down. But Sean was laughing so hard. Well, did you guys watch Stranger Things were about to spoiler?
Speaker 1: And everything? Did? I watched two of them, two of the four that are currently available. Two of the four.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I did. Thanksgiving. It took me the entire day because I kept falling asleep.
Speaker 1: It was just a beautiful lah laby, did you watch one of the because we watched a recap video that said, like, this is twenty two minutes long and it's going to give you a full recap of the first four seasons.
Speaker 2: So we watched the entire series again right before this all came out, just to catch up, and it was great. It's been a minute, but I did watch all four trying not to spoil I I will say in my own little recap, after the first two episodes, first three and a half, I was like, oh, this is going to be a dud. Really, I'm getting I don't know what's happening here. They're having some weird like close up dialogue that seems like it was written by Ai. And then that last episode kind of don't all together okay.
Speaker 1: Because the first two I thought were fine. And Seilan will never watch it because apparently he's boycotting Stranger Things, trying to give him something Sabrina that I knew he would be definitely interested in, which is in the first I think first episode, maybe the second episode, there's a one of the characters is running a radio station. Oh yeah, and she's doing like her radio station a bit over like a song, and then there's somebody playing sound effects and stuff, and they're using old radio equipment that they would have had in the eighties. And see Lane is usually interested in that stuff.
Speaker 2: And I said, it was three of us at that moment, and anytime radio is featured in TV or movies, we go to our partners and explain how it's.
Speaker 1: Wrong or what equipment we have that matches that. It was pretty accurate. I liked it. I thought it was great cart machines and stuff. Old school equipment.
Speaker 2: Also fun fact, and I believe you in the first two episodes have seen the teacher that is at the school that they all go to.
Speaker 1: There's one teacher in particular, but maybe it's it's episode.
Speaker 2: Three and four for sure that she is prominent, and it turns out that is the Duffer Brothers real life drama teacher.
Speaker 1: From high school. Really thought it was cool, We're cute.
Speaker 2: Also, Mellie Bobby Brown that you know, right leading up to this new season or the first half of it, had allegedly accused David Harbor of bullying and harassment.
Speaker 4: There was an investigation.
Speaker 2: She is now saying she has no problem and feels very safe working with her, and they're getting along just fine, great relationship.
Speaker 1: I am going to accuse the whole series of harassment because I have never seen a series that is more willing to kill off people and then go, haha, just kidding. They're still alive as Stranger Things. That's what really sticks with me. They've killed like four people oft and then they go there he's back. Are they going to bring back the one girlfriend first? Very very dead? Okay, yeah, gender, this is all I can say.
Speaker 2: Yay, yeah, Genda, get ready yay yeah, agenda, because you didn't watch all of them yet, so that's all I got. Well, their sexuality has still not been confirmed.
Speaker 1: I thought they I thought they were clear about that. And uh, it's very cool. He's a gay.
Speaker 4: He is not being confirmed as a gay.
Speaker 1: He seems pretty gay.
Speaker 4: Been confirmed with something you really got to watch the last episode.
Speaker 1: I cannot Yeah, the whole thing twist.
Speaker 2: Kate Bush, though, sing another huge booster to Rooney in streams following the premiere of the fifth and final season of Stranger Things.
Speaker 4: Just all that hill money raking it in right now.
Speaker 1: I was so effing tired of this song. What about the bounce version from New Orleans And this one's not that, but just the song in general was it was getting.
Speaker 2: At me running up the hill more like running into the law so many times. And I guess we're gonna have to expand upon this later. But oh, Zachary Tye Brian back in trouble for the umpteenth time. Yeah, arrested over the Thanksgiving break, a probation violation tied with his previous domestic violence conviction, denied bail, remaining in jail until December third. And on top of it, a couple that domestically fights and gets arrested for it, staystickgether or something.
Speaker 1: Sixth time in five years.
Speaker 2: His girlfriend, Johnny Fay Cartwright, was also arrested, booked into the same jail, facing five charges, including duy, three counts of reckless and dangering, and attempted first degree assaults.
Speaker 1: She's expecting What's what's his partner's name?
Speaker 4: Uh, Johnny Fay Cartwright.
Speaker 1: It sounds like a bad guy in the Karate Kid or something. Oh no, it sounds like a televangelist to me, Johnny Fay Cartwright? Is that's a female? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean his girlfriend all right, and she's facing a bunch of charges. It's supposed to be a rain today, so I guess we'll get some more updates tomorrow or later on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, we'll go a little further into this when we come back in a bit, because I want to talk about some things that stuck out to me about this home improvement guy's arrest. But yeah, oh day, Just.
Speaker 2: A quick reminder once again that Cyber Monday is today. We have that sweet deal limited Cyber Monday for the Roast. We have the shirt and of course coming with a download of the Roast bod VOD video on demand. And while you're there doing some cyber shopping, our Real Radio Bike Drive is just around the corner. So if you want to contribute and help the kids get a brand new bike under the tree this year, yeah, grab one because there are some great deals online at Walmart has some great stuff. Any information that you want, Real Radio, Dot FM, Slash Bike I think Jack put up some links there and you can join us for the live broadcast Slash Bike Drive next.
Speaker 4: Week on the boob Tube.
Speaker 1: Just have fun.
Speaker 2: Sean your boob tube has watched the last two episodes, so we could talk about it.
Speaker 1: I'm going to Yeah, I'm gonna watch Call Your Dreams. I me on Instagram at the brine Abra say with me America smallweed every day. Wait, the bike drive is next week? The tenth is it?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: I thought it was geez, so it's not even in our final week of the show. Oh God, party time though, I'm excited. Somebody with a good point about Stranger Things. By the way, Randall says with Stranger Things, why are twenty five year old adults riding around on kids huffy bikes with sissy bars. We watched two episodes. We had no idea what was going on because it has been years ago. Because now the kids, the Kids and Stranger Things were twelve thirteen, fourteen when the series started. That was almost ten years ago. So now they're all in their twenties. They're like twenty two, twenty three, twenty four. They took so long. Sean was telling me about the radio station scene. He's like, you know, because it's based in the eighties, and I'm like, shouldn't they be in the nineties by now? They at least gotty.
Speaker 4: Close to the nineties. It's eighty seven or eighty eight.
Speaker 1: No, you know what I liked. I don't know if it'll catch on.
Speaker 4: It's Steve Harrington though that hasn't aged a bit.
Speaker 8: No no.
Speaker 1: But one of the songs that they're playing a lot, not as much as Running Up that Hill from Kate Bush, but one of the songs that they played a bunch was they have the upside Down in Stranger Things like the Regular World and then the upside down version, and they played Diana Ross upside Down. I love that, man, I didn't. Yeah, every time it snuck on, I was like, ah, I forgot about this song. Very very clever, fun song to use in that show. All Right, we'll talk a little bit more about that as we go on and as I said, further into the home improvement drama, a bunch more as we roll on on a cyber Monday here on the show. And that's all coming up next on the news, Chunkie, all right, Chile. I had a censor this for me because some young lady thought it would be okay over the Thanksgiving break to just freak out on a United Airlines flight. Not gonna do what everybody thinks I'm gonna do, just freak out. She is in this case this lady. She was mad. She was big Matt. This as an irate passenger has been kicked off of a United Airlines flight. This was a Newark, and she cursed out a flight attendant and even said brace yourself, the dreaded, the unthinkable, the unsayable seaword. Yeah, she dropped the sea word on this flight. I can only pull up some extra details from what the lady says, but let's just listen to her first. Here's this United Airlines freak out Newark. She's getting up, yeah, yeah, I'm for an hour. Yea, all right. So the lady is getting up on the plane and the flight attendant comes over and she tells her that, ma'am, you.
Speaker 8: Need to.
Speaker 1: Get to that yet, she probably said. The flight attendant comes over, she probably said, man, I'm gonna and she goes, I'm gonna stand up. Okay, I'm I'm gonna stand up. She said, you made us stay for an hour on the tarmac. So pretty sure flight attendants have control over that's what this lady is saying. She's like, I'm gonna stand up, Okay, I'm getting I'm getting on.
Speaker 8: For an hour, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Oh god. The passive aggressiveness. Yes, a problem. I'm gonna look at my phone.
Speaker 4: I know I'm not doing anything on that.
Speaker 1: But by the way, why are you big mad at the flight attendant who has said to you, even though you're being rude as hell to her, this flight attendant has been calm, and she said when you said no, I'm gonna stand up, I will be standing out. You make a sit on the tar back for an hour, and the woman goes, not a problem. And then she had the balls to be like, yeah, it's not a problem. You damn right, it's not a problem. I can't stand people who win in a back and forth and then don't appreciate, don't take the w and walk away. They do this all the time. So somebody will be like, I'm standing up. I don't care what you say. I'm standing up, and the flight attendant will go that's fine, and your damn right, that's fine. Well you won. They said you could stand up, Just chill out, man. This lady's like, no for an hour, yes, not a problem. Oh, and then she stares directly into the person filming them, who was ready because I'm sure this was not the.
Speaker 4: Or I don't know, third time that this woman like she knew something was going to happen.
Speaker 1: This lady was she was human, she was human. I think, how much long is it going to be on the tournament, this lady who won and was still angry about all this and angry and Sabrina's right to point this out. It's not the flight attendant's fault that you're on the tarback. What the hell is it their fault for? If you want to blame the pilot maybe, I mean, it's probably not even the pilot's fault. It's probably just happenstance. It sucks, that's the case.
Speaker 3: It did sound though, that they were It sounded like they had gotten into the air like maybe she just like they were on there for an hour and then she felt like now it's okay. She needs to stand because I think she's just like so filled up with rage that she wanted to let it all out and she didn't.
Speaker 1: Even need to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like the study and there has to be enough material online to get some stats out.
Speaker 4: But is it the majority so little flyers that have this flare up?
Speaker 2: Because I'll be damned if it was a friend of mine, family member, what would you do forbid? My you know significant other that even starts up, I'm like, absolutely not, no way in hell are you going to be the next viral video.
Speaker 1: So I think that I think that what happens in these cases. I'll give you another example of this from this weekend Sabrina, because there's a guy who got mad in a parking lot of a shopping center and started trying to pour wine on some guy who is videotaping on Yeah, Mark something. And the guy the whole time, this guy, he's like an older guy. The whole time, this guy is like, how would you feel if I just kicked your eyes right now? Just watch it?
Speaker 4: You know, I could take you three down right now.
Speaker 1: And then his wife comes over and he's like, you know what really makes me mad, darling, I could kick all three of their asses right now. I just took them down. But well, it just keeps going, like what would you do if I just rolled you right now? And then he tries to pour the beer, he gets the.
Speaker 2: Beer smacked out of his hand, and then he tries to smack the camera out of the guy's hand, and that's the worst part.
Speaker 4: Real drill to the email, and he misses.
Speaker 1: In this case, I bring this up, Sabrina, because the guy's wife is like, oh my god, you're doing it again again. No, oh not please, and he's like, she doesn't like it when I do this, when I lose my cool. Here's the video that's been going viral this weekend, Stay by the dump button.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's definitely.
Speaker 1: He's pouring the wine all over people. Somebody in the background. It's not worth it, sir, don't do it, please, it's not worth If.
Speaker 4: His A nine one one call is in this clip as well, it's also.
Speaker 1: Oh really okay, I don't know if it is all right. So the guy's video, Timmy, I want to report three masked men dressed in black. Wait reporting the people who are videotaping him having a breakdown of the parklight. They're masked men, all of them.
Speaker 2: They're in black, which an alert would be like, oh my god, there's obviously some sort of robbery or shooting going down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would think that there was some ninjas. That's what I would be looking for with cameras. So he's saying there's some masked men dressed in black. Three masked men dressed in black with cameras, you call the cops I'm gonna do it too, got it. I'm no, I'm gonna call he said. The cops don't care. Here's where he starts to try to do his intimidation. Technical reminder. This man is probably late fifties or maybe he's got kind of a Joe Biden look going on right now. He's got an aviator, Yeah, he's got the aviator glasses. So he tries to intimidate the guy filming him. What if I just took you down? Who doesn't say that? What if I just took you down? What if? What if I just took you down? Could you imagine? This is like think of it like a face off before an m M A fight where the fighters go out, and what if I just took you down? Well, sir, now that you've mentioned it, I am talk to a sandwich. What if I just took you down? The trader Joe's music in the background, it's great. There comes to wife Michael Michael, all right? His wife comes out so tempting? Is I could easily take the three of them? And what's because I could easily take the three of them? Now his wife is filming? Is this guy, uh, you know had some road sodas on the way to Trader Jones. I think maybe if.
Speaker 2: SODA's that was the first clip or one of the all this started with him trying to pour it on one of the cameramen, the mask cameraman, dressed in all black.
Speaker 1: He's not happy with these folks. I could roll him right now. She doesn't like him. See that's what I'm talking about. She doesn't like him when I get aggressive. Bag Well, sir, there is an opportunity here. Maybe just don't get aggressive. Maybe don't. And I don't know.
Speaker 4: If you're being aggressive and that's what she doesn't like, you're embarrassing.
Speaker 1: The crap out of her right now. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also, your this is so cringe old man.
Speaker 1: There's an age after which you should never get into a fight. I think that age is forty. I think if you are older than forty years old, you should not be getting into a fight. You shouldn't be you shouldn't be like doing the talking like you're about. Come on. I get that. I could say I'm not getting in any fights.
Speaker 4: I'm just letting you know.
Speaker 1: If this story, I would beat him up. I would I would beat this guy up.
Speaker 3: Yes, there's something very familiar about his demeanor, this like he thinks he's untouchable kind of thing, and it reminds me of that cop that's gotten like two or three d u i's in town and was just kept telling the police officers how in trouble they're going to be for arresting him when he's clearly just out of his mind wasted.
Speaker 1: Do you remember who I'm talking about? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I remember when there's been a couple of these kind of stories where the person is like, you, guys are gonna look like fools when this comes out.
Speaker 4: Sad thing is all three of them could take him down and.
Speaker 1: You're like, wait, pulling you over for being drunk. No, I'm not gonna You're the one's gonna look like a fool. Oh God, So this old man try to start fights out there in the parking.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I like or dislike the fact that the person holding the camera didn't respond, because if it was, like, what if I just took you down like you almost you want to stay silent to get more out of him, you know, to get the.
Speaker 1: Content machine to keep churning out the goods. But also at some point I want to go if you just took me down, Sir, I would press charges on you for physically assaulting me. You know, that's what would happen if you just took me down to answer your question, Trader Joe's man as truthfully as possible. Yeah, I mean, I think it's just it's not a good look. It's not a good look. Also, we'll go a little further into this since I mentioned this earlier, the guy from Home Improvement, Zachary ty Brian. You would think he was just cruising. He was not the Jonathan Taylor Thomas kid, and he was not the goth kid he was. He was the brother Taylor Thomas was the middle kid. He's currently forty four years old. Zachary ty Briant Brad Taylor Brad. Okay, he was Brad on the show. He looks rough in in this mug shot? Which one was? Is that one? I think that's that's one that we've seen before. This is the story is new, but yeah, is this No, that's the newer one has his face all messed up. Let me search for somebody with the newer mug shot, Zachary tye Brian the new one from this guy from Home Alone shows his face excuse me, Home improvement and I got another thing about Home alone. Shows his face all messed up. Oh, here's page six. I think they're going to show.
Speaker 5: Zachary ty Brian has gone from beloved sitcom star to behind bars once again again Home Improvement Alone.
Speaker 1: His face is all grab and that looks like he's lost some weight. Yeah, on account of what this guy arrested? What did you say? Six times? Six times in five years, six times in five years.
Speaker 2: He was still serving a three year probation from twenty twenty three when he got arrested this last time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his fiance is also being held at the same jail. Very clear that these two should be nowhere near one another. They should not be anywhere in the same vicinity, as they have a kid too. They have a kid together, which makes things even worse to I believe it or not.
Speaker 5: And his girlfriend, Johnny fake Hartwright were both arrested in Eugene, Oregon, and page six has a full timeline of the actor's history of domestic violence. On Saturday, November twenty ninth, the forty four year old was arrested for violating his probation stemming from his twenty twenty three arrest on assault and robbery charges following a dispute with an unidentified woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it might be the same woman. Yeah.
Speaker 2: In Oregon, again, he and Cartwright were involved in a drunken dispute. He was initially hit with multiple charges, ended up being convicted of menacing. He was still improbation from that case when the second incident occurred. Since then, he has racked up more arrest a duy in Oklahoma, another case in South Carolina where he was accused of assaulting and strangling the same lady.
Speaker 1: And I know a lot of you might come at Tim Allen and say, what a piss poor job of parenting you've done here, look at your son who has spun out. But I will tell you, maybe this son has been arrested six times in five years, but he's got two other kids that I haven't heard about. News fine and Mark Mark Mark, that's right. And everybody would have thought Mark, on account of the goth arc that he went through, that he probably would have been getting into some weird stuff. But no, the other kids seemed to be doing fine. They don't seem to be maladjusted. I haven't heard the name Jonathan Taylor Thomas pop up in any bad stories of you.
Speaker 3: I think he's been kind of laying low. I haven't heard his name pop up for good stories. When was the last time you saw Jonathan Taylor Thomas then show up to anything?
Speaker 4: No, it was like a paparazzi like photo, and unfortunately.
Speaker 1: It was like, God, is he in anything? I have his IMDb and the last thing he was in was The Last man Standing Last man Standing, which is another Tim Allen series. He was in Last man Standing for four episodes before that till two year olds in The Lion King Read Along, and then a bunch of stuff you probably haven't seen. He was in Eight Simple Rules, the TV show, but he just stopped. He just stopped working about fourteen years ago. Basically hasn't done much.
Speaker 4: If this is correct, April this year, Randy or the golf Kid?
Speaker 1: Mark? Yeah, Mark Okay turned forty one. No, that seems Oh is this really Jonathan Taylor Thomas? Yeah it is. I think I saw this during the pandemic or something like a like an SD card in his mouth or something. His age. Now, I like it sucks because everybody's like, where is that Tiger beat cutie that we put on our walls. Now he's in his forties, dude, he's a grown ass man. Was it was a hot e. It was a heart throb for a long time.
Speaker 2: I'll be home for Christmas, which was a huge hit because he was a cute but duty in that and then what happened.
Speaker 1: He just said, I'm gonna take the money and I'm gonna run. I'm gonna get the hell out of all this stuff. Some emails coming in BH emails about door dash deliveries and says sometimes pizza places use third party delivery services during peak delivery times. This may be why the DoorDash driver was bringing Papa John's. The DoorDash driver. The family that was delivered to wants charge because the DoorDash driver dropped the chicken wing on the ground and picked it back up and didn't tell them put it in their food. Marco's Pizza does it all the time. VH says, absolutely annoying. When they use door dash, you get a text at every stage of the delivery process, he says. Casey says, I drive and most pizza places don't even have drivers anymore. They all go out to DoorDash or Uber and a lot of other people are sending in some stuff that'll get to eventually here on the show, to tips at the news Junkie dot com. Tips at the News Junkie dot com. But we do have to take a quick break. A streamer has done the unthinkable, the absolutely unthinkable. We'll work that in next on the show, you'll hear what happened in Jury Duty. We have our Anna Kepner murder mystery cruise story updates. Some interesting twists and turns coming in on that one, and when we return. Alongside this streamer update, we've also got a clip that I've been wanting to play for you, something that went down to a movie theater. That is it's too far. It truly is too far. It almost makes me want to stay out of the theater. What happened and what should you know about it? That's coming up next on the News Junkie. This is brutal, but I love it, love it, love it, love it. I didn't know this, but young kids are still very much into Pokemon, even into Pokemon Go. Young kids are still playing Pokemon Go to this day. The adults have gotten out of it, the young kids are still doing their thing. Caught them all by now no, yeah, it's like the same kind of thing. I think it even looks almost the same as when we were all playing it so many years ago. But there's a new Pokemon theme park that's opening up in Tokyo, which is Japan.
Speaker 4: So they finally announced this and was on the project.
Speaker 1: Oh really Okay. The Pokemon theme park is called Poke Park Conto Poke Conto Japan over in Tokyo, Japan, and it's a Pokemon area, including a Pokemon Forest, nature trail, and lots of other things that they have. But before you can go into one area of this Pokemon theme park, they make the kids take a fitness test, which I love. I think is so fantastic because I used to remember how how frightening and how just bad it was to think about having to do the fitness tests at school, and I was trying to else. Oh my god. Yeah, and for us. A lot of times they would separate the guys and girls at Crestwood Middle School where I went, and they would and I go, oh, thank god, so the girls can't see me trying to climb a roper or or do pull ups or something. They would separate us, but we'd just be on different sides of the gymnasium.
Speaker 4: So the line for your turn, so you're looking over at the other side.
Speaker 1: Yep, everybody's looking up and they're like, oh, you're good. Sean's supposed to climb all the way to the top of this rope, and I'm like holding onto the bottom. I think I made it very high on that rope at all. I didn't either, Well, that probably should have. But they're bringing it back for this Pokemon theme park because they want to make sure that these kids can handle this. This hike. All right, it's a forest walk and you have to be at least five years old, and you have to pass a fitness test. I think I can say with all authority. I'm not saying we down. I'm not saying we're the most fit video show. If I took you down, that's it.
Speaker 4: Funny thing is I could take all twelve of them down.
Speaker 1: I'm not trying to pick a fight with kids either, but I think we all would pass this fitness test. The fitness test they have to pass to see if they can get into this Pokemon Land area is they have to climb one hundred and ten stairs. New ceiling doesn't seem happy about it, but I think I think we can make it. I think all of us would be able to make it.
Speaker 3: Is the is the area in question at the top of the stairs, and there's just no elevator.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It doesn't say it says. After announcing the official opening date for Pokemark Kanto, which is February fifth next year, yum Yomori Land outlined two requirements to access the five hundred meter trail through the Pokemon Forest. You have to be five and you have to prove you can handle climbing one hundred and ten stairs.
Speaker 4: I mean, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: They don't want people getting stuck out there. It's a wilderness trail that is over sixteen hundred feet in length. It features various terrains including hilly pass tall grass tunnels, rocky trails, and more. They don't want some loser kids out there who can't finish this trail off. For God's sake, I want more tests for people. I want more tests to ensure that people are physically fit, as many as possible, for young kids in particular, because I want to make sure we're keeping you on your toes and you think about it when you're a little kid and you're like, should I have another burrito? And you know, God, next week is the Pokemon test. Don't want to be doing that. I don't think I'll be in good shape anymore. It's dangerous. It's dangerous out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just wait until you're older and you could do it by yourself.
Speaker 1: Hey, most of the kids on Stranger Things could do this test. I don't know about that.
Speaker 4: Not that new fat kid.
Speaker 1: The one kid does strik Derek. I don't even know if I've met him yet on the on the new season of Stranger Things. Yeah, I didn't know Stranger Things had fat kids. Well, boy, they got the cute goofy kid, Caleb something or the other is his name, you know, a little red haired kid or whatever.
Speaker 3: He's the one that's been doing a bunch of stuff on Broadway. I think right, Dustin is his name.
Speaker 4: Then the Stranger Things kids anymore, they're all like eighteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, twenties, they're in their early twenties now. But he's the one because I think he has some like actual health issues. I think everybody care up. I did a wormhole of his disease or his syndrome. Basically, it's where you have no collar bone essentially, so yeah he can. He has crazy flexibility because of lack of collarbone. This kid here, kayton no madazzo.
Speaker 2: Garrow your front teeth most of the time. There it is CCD earlier personal life.
Speaker 1: Early personal life. Yes, CCD. He had to go every Tuesday to church and learn about Jesus clydo cranial disotosis. Thank you for everybody who's got that CCD joke. Yeah what what a bager? I got the Catholic joke. Yeah, I got it. But CCD in this case doesn't mean that it's clydo cranial displays you and look at the wiki page. Does not look like his, oh grandfather. They show a dude who had this issue in eighteen ninety eight that they have a photo of and he's just shirtless and this awesome photo.
Speaker 4: Looks like a lollipop gild one.
Speaker 1: He looks like he's been in movies. He looks like the Dunkin Donuts guy. Maybe that's it, time to make the donuts. He's got a mustache that goes from one side of his chin to the other side.
Speaker 4: Is that an abnormal bone density?
Speaker 2: And they all it's everyone kind of looks the same they grow obviously much different, and.
Speaker 1: Some of them don't have the teeth like.
Speaker 4: Or lack thereof, you know, growing issue.
Speaker 2: But the collarbone thing is also and I realized that in the first season they were you know, making fun of him because he didn't have any teeth, but then they were like, Dustin do the weird arm thing, and then he would do this crazy arm thing.
Speaker 1: They can't do it without a collarbone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he does look older, but everyone else looks significantly older, to the point where this is also where a lot of women I think are having some issues in the sense of they're of age the actors, but are you can you like say that they're hot if they're playing high schoolers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they're twenty something years old. These are grown adults. Like if a grown man says eleven from Stranger Things is attractive woman.
Speaker 4: I've been waiting for her to turn eighteen.
Speaker 1: She's twenty. It's twenty something years old. Hold on, hold on your ad on there does make it weird If he says I've been waiting for her before, have you not. I've heard that with the Olsen twins and stuff. But if they just said right now looking at her she's attractive, she's in her twenties. They're in the twenties. Now, they're not kids anymore. They are like, even though they're playing kids, they are still playing kids. They're playing high schoolers. They're playing kids in this timeline that they're in, but none of them actually are anymore. They've grown up before our eyes here And I guess now people are calling season five woke. According to the next episode thing, I take it.
Speaker 2: It was like one article and uh, it was a guy who started the website comicbook dot news.
Speaker 1: What's what's woke about it? What do they say was woke because the gay lady is like a lesbian lady, lesbian lady and everything now, But yeah, of course absolutely lady.
Speaker 2: And I thought, uh, do UTOPI you didn't have anything And thanks to my friend Danny Fortune for a meister who is a very gay comedian voices the Beaverhill.
Speaker 1: No I did.
Speaker 4: I didn't get to it.
Speaker 2: And I was going to be very facetious and sarcastic when reading this man's article because he seems to have his straight panties and a bunch.
Speaker 1: She voices the beaver Yes she does. It's like getting hired to voice a steak exactly.
Speaker 4: We're still there, still prominent, still gaf.
Speaker 1: Job was that? Was that what the complaint was? The complaint has just said there's gay characters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm heading straight to disappointment. The forced LGBT insertions feel like half the writers and producers self inserted the elements, or because Netflix paid for DEI quotas likely both. Robin should have been cut entirely. Every line she delivers is annoying and too much.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, she's good.
Speaker 4: He's a great, huge fan and you know who your parents are and really is.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of people whose brains melted in the last ten years. Uh, well, hold on one second. There's a lot of people whose brains melted in the last ten years. And while there was all this weird overreach stuff, and there was stuff that you could like classify as woken obnoxious and crammed down, it's not I don't have any problem personally if there's like a gay character on a television show, that shouldn't be one of the things people are raging against. There are things that I think people have the right to rage against, but this is I've only seen two episodes, but I haven't seen anything at all that seemed what I would call political in.
Speaker 4: The in the fifth season pages on it page.
Speaker 1: Who's the parent of the radio DJ girl and stranger things.
Speaker 4: Ethan Hawk and oh my god.
Speaker 1: Hawk, Oh damn it it was. It's another famous moment. Looks just like, really another NEPO baby. Huh, there's so many in Hollywood now, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: Parents, parents, come on, must Yeah, but she's a great actress.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What's crazy is there are all of these Nepple babies in Hollywood right now, from Philip Seymour Hoffman's kid to Jack Nichol Nicholson's kid, two Aids kid, Kwaid's kid. And and they're good Dennis not Randy. Yeah, they're they're good. They're all getting attention for being the children who are now actors of already famous Hollywood.
Speaker 4: So you guys didn't know that.
Speaker 1: And she doesn't think they're all good. Yeah, I think she's good.
Speaker 4: I think she's three one. Chad Hanks, Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Hold on for real? Is he really a Nepple baby. He hasn't gotten famous off of He's been famous for being cringe. She's not like nobody actually listens to his music. Or anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he's getting that attention because he's kid.
Speaker 1: Oh he's getting attention cringe music. But I when I hear Nepple baby, I think that that means a person got an unfair advantage, job, an unfair advantage or like a job because their parents were famous. And the only thing I ever care about is are they good or not? Because if your parents are famous and you're still an amazing actor, you should have some agency there. If you suck and you're only in the movie because of X reason, that's where there's a problem. All right, That's where I find an issue quick break. When we come back, we'll get into I wanted to get into that streamer moment, but that works well in Jury Duty. Actually it does because this person is in big trouble right now. We'll get to the cruise murder mystery updates. Anna Kupnik. Her story has some big updates. We've been following this closely. All of that is coming up next in the news. Chunk key everywhere I saw for Black Friday, it was just a ghost town. Man, it was a ghost tat.
Speaker 4: Some of the deals online start that early too, and.
Speaker 1: They're better, Like, why am I ever going to go to the store if I can get the same exact thing online free shipping exactly. I don't. I'm not looking for things to do that bad. But if you were looking for something to buy on Cyber Monday, you have about five seconds to get one of the roast shirts set up for the Cyber Monday deal. You get the roast shirt, and you get a digital download card for the Roast event when it goes live next week. So you are a friend, maybe you know somebody who really likes the show. You could give this to them as a great gift or for yourself. Four Excel sold out, Three Excel sold out to Excel, so hold out. Excel sold out, Small sold out. All we have left are two medium and nine larges. That's it, and then all of those are gone for Cyber Monday, so grab them while you can. Over at the Newsjunkie dot Com. Just hit that merch button and gobble those up. Post Turkey Day. Here Jacob emails the show and he says this the tips of the Newsjunkie dot Com. Am I the bad guy. We can help him, right, we can help him determine if he's guy. I love these says. What's up news junkie. It's me Jacob, and I just need your opinion. So a couple months back, around June of this year, my uncle said he had a buddy who's a mechanic, and he said he had a car that he wanted to sell to me. He requested a down payment of two five hundred dollars to replace the transmission. Well, three months go by and I got tired of waiting for the car to be finished, so I requested my money back, basically after months of being laid off with excuses. He tells me earlier this month that the guy got deported, which basically means I'm not getting my money at all. Please tell me if I'm in the wrong for skipping Thanksgiving this year. All my cousin are mad at me for holding a grudge against my uncle. I know my uncle will be there at Thanksgiving, and I'm just really pissed. I don't want my actions to ruin it for everybody else. Wiggle wiggle pop pop, says Jacob. So you have the right to be wrong, he says. His uncle told him, Hey, this guy's got a great deal on a car. He wants to say, then the guy got deported. And so he's got no car and no money to replace the car. I mean, I don't. I don't think it's the guy's fault. It's not your uncle's fault that this guy got deported. Where's the money? And less nless it is, where's where's what money? Where's the.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like, someone gets supported, where is this money?
Speaker 1: This guy's like, if you're deporting me, I'm taking all the money I got with me. See you later. Your uncle might have been trying to legitimately set you up with a good deal. He could have been trying to hook you up and give you a really great deal, and then it's a big chunk and then well then the uncle doesn't know. Next thing you know, they've got these ice raids going on, and Julio gets picked up in the ice raid, and now you're not getting your money back. I think it depends on a lot of things. Is your uncle being a dick about it? Or is your uncle like, oh god, I'm so sorry. I actually thought this would be a good deal for you.
Speaker 2: I got another guy. If you act fast, he won't be recorded for another year.
Speaker 1: Well what do you think? Do you guys think that it's a tough position? I think it depends on the If the uncle's being cool about it. Now he's being cool, then I think you should chill out.
Speaker 4: I mean, if he's really cool, he'll help find a transmission for the car.
Speaker 1: I mean, what is any of this a worthwhile reason to not go spend time with your family.
Speaker 2: I think it's a reason to knock get into an awkward conversation at Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't have to do that.
Speaker 4: Uncle going to bring it up if.
Speaker 2: You want to insert himself into getting him a good deal with transmission included, just for twenty five hundred dollars, he's going to bring it up with things.
Speaker 1: I got the vibe though, that he was more worried about himself bringing it up. That's what he's like. I don't want to ruin Thanksgiving because I feel like I'll bring it up and I'll start yelling at my uncle.
Speaker 4: I mean, I can appreciate that people.
Speaker 1: People got it chill. You know how to behave in public, you know how to not mess up family gatherings, you know how to get some of your things. We have not regressed to the point that people think we've regressed. People think we've point regrets to the point where we can't disagree with people politically anymore. You must abandon your family. You get to a fight with somebody, you can't show up for the Thanksgiving holiday with your family. No talk, your adults talk talk to each other unless you've done all the talking and it's just not going to work. If that's the case, then you know, screw your uncle. But I don't know if you're there then no, no, not not physically, I mean in terms of just steal this car that things You had any comments for him or no? Uh yeah, I think uh you guys covered it. Okay, thank you. Seeing handled done and over, that allows us to do this. Let's do Jury duty.
Speaker 6: Court is now in session, so put your phone down and paid attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your ass.
Speaker 1: You're knowing jury duty with the news junkie. Tight on time here, tight on time, and I've still got it. I didn't have any car. We got rate my blank coming up to got rate my blank the second version of this on the show, So get your phones ready to dispatch in a photo to us. You'll see what the topic is in just a minute. The Jury Duty story Jerry Dude of course brought to you by mod of the Duit Law firm. Injured on the go, Just call MO eight hundred, Call eight hundred, call Mo, or go to just call Moo dot com. That's the website. Go to Justcalmo dot com. Over on the website you can find out all the ways that MO can help you. But most notably, if you or your family member is in a car accident, you pick up the phone, You get the case started. Go against those big rich, bloated insurance companies that are greedy, greedy, greedy, get your money, money money Uncle eight hundred, Calmo or Justcalmo dot com. The murder mystery cruise ship situation, Anna Kepna, Mark my words, says the headline, Mark my words, cheerleader Anna Kepna's dad's chilling seven word THREATNR Right, Kepner. Yeah, what was I saying? Sounds like said like you live in upstate New York? Kepna, Yeah, Kepner. This is the father. Hold on, I'm getting this story up in front of me here, the father of Anna Kaepner, who says, yes seven words a seven word threat to the suspect, the stepbrother in this case, after her cruise ship death mystery. Now here's the story. She was found inside a room she was sharing with her sibling, and the eighteen year old was dead exphyxiation. Two bruises were found on the side of her neck. She was wrapped in a blanket cover by life vest. Kepner's father, Christopher, has given a warning to the teen boy. I do not stand behind what my step son has done. He said this weekend. Oh, here are the seven words. I want him to face consequences. That's what Pop says. I want him to face the consequences. That's what the father has said about his stepson, who he believes killed Anna Kepner. He was the only one that was in the room and the FBI is an ongoing investigation which they will have to provide the evidence to say that he did it or did not do it. And he is under investigation, but we don't have any data. Dad is saying it did A lot of the family is saying that he did it.
Speaker 4: I know he's under the age of eighteen.
Speaker 1: We know what this kid looks like. Yeah, they blurred him out in most of the photos that I've seen from news stories. Boyfriend, and what do he looks like? They'll show the ex boyfriend. He's now of age. They'll show her, they'll show everybody else, but not this stepbrother, not this So social media he probably did, but I haven't seen a lot of photos of him footing around, least not yet. We'll keep an eye on that. When we come back, we will do our rate my Blank for this lovely week. We only have three more weeks left in twenty twenty seven. We also have an update on a Twitch streamer that crashed and they need to change these streaming platforms forever because of this so bad, it's ridiculous, it's insane. They need to do something about this on streaming, a world that we're very familiar with. What's going down That is all coming up next on the News Chunky. We'll get into these streamers that are literally out of control, just absolutely unhinged. We'll get to them in a moment. They're only a handful and I mean handful. There's like three or four shirts that are left right now for the Cyber Monday deal over on the Newsjunkie dot Com in the Merch section. But it's time for Rate my Blank, the second ever edition, the first round of Rate my Blank. We did rate my office, and people showed us their offices. They took photos and brought us into their world, and we rated them as we went through and showed them with a bunch of people on the stream had some great entries there. Picked our winner. Congratulations to our winner last week. This week the rate my blank is rate my turkey and I want to I want to see I want to see your Thanksgiving spreads from over the long weekend. I want to see what it looked like. I know you took a picture of the food at the house where you were doing Thanksgiving, so I want to see your Thanksgiving spread. Maybe it's a shot of your turkey. Maybe it's a shot of some of the size one's going. I don't want that. I only want to see your Thanksgiving spread. Hold on your Thanksgiving food spread. Here's how you participate in on your ch Well, no, we'll crown somebody the winner. We'll crown you win today. Go to the newsjunkie dot com. I'm on the homepage right now, and on the Newsjunkie dot com you can scroll down to where it says plus image and you could submit an image or a photo dispatch. You submit a photo dispatch of your Thanksgiving spread and we will rate your turkey and our winner will get themselves a prize. Congratulations in advance. You two can get in on this. Go to the news Junkie dot com center.
Speaker 2: So photo no dispatch in this case, and we can see the information of that photo.
Speaker 1: It's very easy to do so taken, yeah, googling.
Speaker 4: And we know where it's from and what data was taken.
Speaker 1: So nice. Try turkeys. Yeah, you don't, don't google like mark the Stewart Thanksgiving spread and try to stolen valor that as your food from Thanksgiving. No, no, tab, don't get don't do that. I want to see the real spread of food and rate my turkey today. So send that over at the news Junkie dot com hit the plus image button where it says send a dispatch, and send us a photo dispatch of your Thanksgiving spread. I know it is in your what your photo role, whatever it is. I know it's uh, I know it's there.
Speaker 4: That one turkey that went viral.
Speaker 2: The guy was presenting it and it was like a hard shell around it and he's like hold on, hold on, and the lady smashes it. It breaks open. He has cooked it also inside of lotus leaves and it looked to be I mean through the video, my mouth was watering it you've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I saw that one. I saw the one that was going pretty far this weekend. Did you see the one where the girl was giving the speech? Here it is for those of you who didn't see this. I don't think there's any cursing. This girl's giving a Thanksgiving speech. She's giving it Thanksgiving speech and there's a huge there's like a twelve foot table behind her. When does that happen? Planned it's behind her, So she's in the middle of this speech. They're clapping for the whole family's there, huge table.
Speaker 8: And then.
Speaker 1: It's complete silence. One dude is laughing. Yeah, guy. The one dude laughing kills me. It's like, well, you guys, you don't think it's funny. Five second? That sucks? How though, how how does this happen?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 1: You know how?
Speaker 4: Because you didn't put that ring all the way up.
Speaker 1: Then it would go the other direction at Toddler with superhuman strength. I don't know what did it, but if this is a prank of some type of sea lion, then they would have to cook and make all of this prop food. You don't that they would not do that. I think they could, but I think it might be real because it looks kind of catastrophic. I'm putting this up on see it now. See you guys could take a peek. I did not make a turkey this year. I had a turkey la. Nobody wanted it, so wow, sad was very good.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying it was just like an extra turkey. And then Ashley comes in the kitchen the other day and she's like, the turkey is uh like the way she described it, like, the turkey is just like machine gunning raw turkey juice all over the garage fridge. It was just a little bit of it and started to leak out. I was like, okay, I'll take care of it. The turkey went away.
Speaker 1: That's sad. We want to see your turkeys, though, We want to see what your spreads looked like. I already got a bunch of these coming through. Let me we work up a couple of them. John Boy says, this is my Thanksgiving turkey. Whoa damn buddy, That is a robust, lookout turkey that you sent this over here. This is John Boys. This is Billy crazy drunk cat lady who sent it. Okay, that is part of this isn't real. Cat isn't there. The rest of it is real. There's a cat coming out of the trees. Oh it's offensive these days. Yeah. Oh, here's a huge spread from a snoop frog. I think send it falls over. Yeah, it looks exactly the table that just completely tumbled in that. And here's this, say is Thanksgiving fried turkey dinner I made for the hospital. Oh that's very sweet. And they got there set up their spread. Rate my blank this week is rate my turkey. Send us your Thanksgiving spread. Is a photo dispatch over on the news junkie dot com. Did you guys see the coworker of ours who had a little bit of a mishap ordering Instacart over the Thanksgiving break? I don't think one of our salespeople, and I think I think weirdly enough, she was ordering it for her parents. She told me, like, her dad is recovering from surgery, her mom's not feeling well, and so she was trying to help them out, and she ordered like five ukon gold potatoes for them, and they opened the door and sent her a picture. It was like a fifty pound box of russets. Oh even lift it. She like posted on Facebook trying to find someone arms.
Speaker 3: Where they could donate it to because it's like potatoes are going to go to waste, like they should go to a kitchen somewhere that's helping people for the holidays. But unlike my turkey, were just the unceremoniously dropped into the waist.
Speaker 1: Your turkey died for no reasons, juice the garage is turkey lived a whole life, just murdered. Aj Soup says, I made the turkey for friends Giving. Oh yeah, we saw that this good looking turkey too bush down. That was pretty damn sexy looking. This is its hams. But does this does this count? Yeah? Your ham counts. Your lovely family sitting down here with your thanks Giving spread. You can see all these over on the news junkie dot com in the dispatches section. If you have one that you think should win. This is something that we bring, says and Jahua. We make turkey biscuits. That's cute. The shape of a turkey, which is kind of adorable. It looks at focused on the one behind it. The one behind it is pretty perfect. That's a turkey. Turkey in front is a little worse for wear. I guess you could say, my wife has an insane list of allergies, so I made a Korean pecan pie that's gorgeous. By the way, looking good doesn't count in sass of allergies, but she can eat pecans, I guess.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The bottom line is it might be rate my turkey for rate my blank today, but anything that's related to your Thanksgiving meal makes the cut. We'll see what you have going on. Let us know. Lots of people sending in their photo dispatches. We'll take a peek at more of these momentarily. Here. I wanted to bring this with you because we tease it. There was a streamer they said, it's a twitch streamer. Might have been a kickstreamer. They might be catching some strays over at Kick. But a streamer by the name of melt and the account melt is Live was in Atlanta driving around with four passengers in the vehicle when they crashed. They were in the middle of driving down the freeway. This is the same thing that happened to the kid that just got arrested down in Miami. The YouTuber he was on. Maybe it was Kick that he got booted off of. It tends to be Sea Land.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he was like, crash at Lamborghini, seriously hurt one of the passengers while doing a little stream.
Speaker 1: Uh huh. His cameraman, don't say little stream. It's a just a normal stream. It's a regular stream.
Speaker 4: Jack Jackson, Jack d Jack Doerty, Doerty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jack Doherty. Yeah, yeah, he was the one who got busted in Miami. Yes, this is Melt. I don't know who the hell that is. But here, let me mute this. Yeah, they're they're already speeding. Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I have never related to someone more than that passenger. It was like, trust, I'm just gonna cover my eyes.
Speaker 4: It's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: And she does know, she does, so she just goes, well, we're going to crash, might as well not.
Speaker 4: Look that's such a bad rack, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's rough. It was a bad crash because they were driving around like idiots, trying to go viral on their stream and they crashed in the middle of it. And then of course chat goes, oh my god, oh my god, I got go go get that all of the reaction from this thing. I don't think you read every one of those. Actually most of them just said oh my god or o MFG. Other ones said words that I won't necessarily need to repeat here in public.
Speaker 4: Were they interacting with them the whole time?
Speaker 1: They were I think it's a dash.
Speaker 2: Cam and someone's live, you know, as long as they're still paying attention to the road.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't mind that as much as like, there was a lady who killed a pedestrian earlier last month or the month before, and she was like straight up responding, holding her phone up. She's like, yeah, I can't believe that, oh kills a guy. You can hear the kid in the back, Like, what was that crazy?
Speaker 4: She was doing it?
Speaker 1: Uh poorly.
Speaker 4: I mean, obviously you still sucked at driving at that point.
Speaker 1: But to me, how is it not just flat out against the tos at every single streamer. You should not be able to drive and stream. If you'd stream and you're driving, you're behind the wheel of the car. Immediate band like, you should not be able to do this on any of these platforms. This isn't complicated, and it's not even just about like the people in the car because they're idiots, and now they're all probably hurt as a result of this, but even worse where they can run into other people who are just driving on the streets on their Thanksgiving break. The streamers trying to go after clout and space books end up ruin it for everybody. So yeah, really dumb. All streamers should ban that immediately. You shouldn't be able to stream and drive.
Speaker 3: The problem with the Jack Dowerty thing was he was reading the chat room like to try to interact with people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Lamborghini crash was previous in New York. The thing that got him in trouble was he was in the middle of the street. This guy's Jack Daherty. If you don't know, he's a content creator who makes terribly annoying videos. Usually it's him shoulder checking somebody and then his bodyguard gets in the way. It's so lame. Two is now of age, but his parents have supported him in this the whole time because he's made himself mega rich. And he literally says, well, I'm not going to go viral for doing something positive, so who cares if I'm the bad guy? And so he crashed a supercar at one point in time and hurt his camera man, and I was wrong. It was a McLaren that he crashed last year. The last one that he just got arrested for in Miami was he was in the road and the cops go, get out of the road, and he goes, when I'm done paying off this bet, I'll do it. I'm not done when I'm done with my stream And the cops said no, and I said, we don't care who you are, We're arresting you. Some of these streamers are legitimately out of control, and it's out stop them.
Speaker 5: This.
Speaker 1: A Wikipedia page says.
Speaker 3: Doherty recalled his time in jail as quote the worst twenty four hours ever end quote ever in.
Speaker 1: The history of humanity. This seems worse. Imagine you get a ticket to the AMC Theaters in Los Angeles and when you arrive at your seat, this is what you see on your movie. See this is what happened to these particular folks. I don't know what that is, but it looks like it would glow under the black light, would be my guess, on this particular seat. And they claim like a homeless night at theaters. They said, hey, AMC Theaters and La do better, and they publish these photos of the chair with ew. I don't know what's on it, but.
Speaker 4: It's Regal would never winter Park.
Speaker 1: I thank god, thank god, because this is disgusting. Eh Man, What is that I talked to? I learned two things this this Thanksgiving break. I talked to Courtney's niece, who is seventeen years old and very few things in common with her, as you might guess. So I try to look for things that I can talk to her or ask about, or maybe I read something. Do you know what she did? Immediately as we show up to the Thanksgiving thing, she goes, let's get some pictures and she takes out her digital camera and I go, she's doing it too.
Speaker 3: I thought you were going to be like, oh she she told us she took six or seven pictures, and then.
Speaker 1: Now she didn't do the stupid six seven thing. Thank god. Digital camera? What is it? She a, it's an actual digital camera? And I go, why are people using the digital cameras? Again? You have your phone. Your phone has a great camera on it. Is it like a throwback thing? And she goes, no, the lighting is better. So all of my friends, we all have these digital cameras. Now we take pictures on the digital cameras and then we WiFi them to our iPhones so that we can post them online phone.
Speaker 4: I'm not coming at the niece because obviously this is a trend.
Speaker 1: I think she's wrong. Camera or like back in the day, a digital camera that costs one hundred dollars or something. There's no way it's better than your iPhone, which is one thousand dollars camera. Essentially, it's just not bat Your android phone is a better camera.
Speaker 4: Just got that new one?
Speaker 1: Uh? Did you worth the upgrade? Man? Yeah, I just have thirty months to I don't even have the new one. You got your thirty month phone bill, you got your fifty year mortgage, you got your er. Look it up. What is the car payment plan that they have now that?
Speaker 4: Oh that's also I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 2: Or if you want a used vehicle, it's just a cool forty eight thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: So I was talking with her about this and she goes, yeah, all my friends now use digital cameras and then we wi fi to our phones because the lighting is better. I don't know if that's true, but that's what she said. And then I had asked her because she works at the movie theater. I said, hey, have you had any movies where the crap on the seats where they're filthy, where you got to go in and it's like a real pin in the ass. And she goes, no, we have pretty good equipment. And I said equipment. She goes, yeah, yeah, when the movie theater empties out, we go in there with the equipment. She goes, If it's a movie where they spilled a bunch of popcorn, we have a blower. It's like I never talk about When we get back on that, I was like, I never considered this. They go in there like my pretty smart guy and they have like a whole thing of stuff that they use, and she said, it's it. It hasn't ever been really that bad. But this is gross. This is some show. It is nasty.
Speaker 4: Do you realize how the tables have turned?
Speaker 1: What do you mean how the tables have turned? Oh? I used to be asked that.
Speaker 2: We're like, what kind of music do you play in your station? Like, yeah, let's talk radio.
Speaker 1: But it's not like that.
Speaker 4: Now you're the uncle that's not an uncle, Like.
Speaker 1: I look about the movie there. I am just trying to in silent moments when there's a seventeen year old next to me, What do I say? That's not weird? So I go, hey, we work in the movie theater and the movie's been crazy. Only people do catch making out? How's the wicked fronts? Are the people in wickeds throwing a bunch of popcorn everywhere? They swab? What's going on? I like the idea of the small talk being, hey, how's insert the only thing I know about you? What else am I going to do? I don't know? So there. I mean, I just had some somebody's asking about the little one? How's the little man? Do they? My favorite thing in the world is when Courtney keeps catching herself because she goes is Jackson getting bigger? And we started saying, like, imagine if he wasn't, And no, he's not. It is the damnest thing. He's frozen. He got some kind of stranger things grown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he fully Andy millin August, but he can sing buster rhymes now, which is hilarious.
Speaker 1: Trade. Yeah, I think it's fine. We see yours and raise you. So you guys gonna have kids to have it? Yeah, how does that work out? That's always funny at the same time, that'd be fun that is, I put that on the level of pregnant lady belly touch where you go? What are you doing now? Your business?
Speaker 2: Get what's my middle name? And then I'll answer you know, questions about my personal life.
Speaker 1: Thank you real quick. I also wanted to share this with you right now, am I. It's a little shaky over there, It'll be okay, It'll be all right. Oh straight now. It's all because of this meme that's rocking the Twitter slash x platform, and it's of Aaron Rodgers in the game last night. Aaron Rodgers kind of seems like maybe you should have retired already. But the photo of Aaron Rodgers on the sideline, he's still playing. He's in his forties, he's still playing. And the headline says, Aaron Rodgers looks like he tried to rob Kevin mcalis house. So good, he looks like he tried to rob Kevin Mcalis's house. He's got like a busted up nose, like great tape on it, and a like a beanie on his head. There there was a really good thread I read yesterday. I don't know if it was new or old, but it was it was going around there and it was these skydivers, this like club of skydivers, and I guess one of their brethren had passed away, and so they spread his ashes in the sky like they had this bag that they all like hold on at the same time, and the ashes came out and it was a lot of ashes, like a lot, a lot, a lot of ashes.
Speaker 3: And the guy's name was Ben, and all the all the comments were like how big is Ben are They're finding pictures of the tallest or fattest people they.
Speaker 1: Could find, and they're like this must be Ben.
Speaker 3: And then and then like uh, somebody had like the person who posted it said like Ben will always be in our lungs, not hearts, because like they just everybody was breathing him in. And I think one of their favorite comments was like when your doctor tells you you've been diagnosed with benz othelioma entitled the Compensation, I mean it was going hard. Well go check that out. I got the Aaron Rodgers meme photo over on see it now over on the news.
Speaker 1: Junkie dot com. Take a peek. We'll look at more of your rate my blanks and got tons of them coming in. You can check them out for yourself over on the news junky dot com in the dispatches section. We got many more things to discuss on a cyber Monday. We'll dive back into the viral pile that is coming up next in the news Chunky tips at the news junkie dot com, Jessica emails and says this is interesting. She says SeaWorld's latest ban rule faces backlash from visitors who say it violates their rights.
Speaker 4: And one you're talking about.
Speaker 1: I hadn't seen this over the weekend, but she sends along a link it's like to an app. But all the other stories about this say that the Department of Justice, I guess, is investigating SeaWorld. Now, normally when you see SeaWorld being investigated, it's about having big fish in big tanks or small tanks, depending on what you're thinking about. But the Department of Justice is investigating SeaWorld and Bush Gardens after they have banned some weeeled walkers at their theme parks. And it says the probe came two weeks after United Parks and Resorts, a global theme park firm, banned the use of some wheeled walkers with seats due to safety and liability issues and apparent misuse of the devices in its parks. A walker, if it has a seat, you've seen it, it's the.
Speaker 2: I just saw some old person like in the middle of a sidewalk sitting on it. But it's the walker and you can kind of lift it up in this little storage space, turn around and sit on it.
Speaker 1: Do you see younger people using them when they shouldn't be? Is that what's going on here?
Speaker 4: Like that'll make it easier. You're still using it as a walker.
Speaker 1: Some stuff in it's called rollater or roll it walkers roll it or walkers Grandma loves hers. These are just traditional walkers that I'm seeing here where you could, Yeah, you can push it forward as a walker and store your stuff in it, or you can flip around backwards and sit in it. And you're this.
Speaker 2: You're not moving like that, you know what I'm saying. Like it it's not like a wheelchair all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: No, No, at least you're not supposed to the Department of Justice sent in a press release that received complaints from people with disabilities about the band on the walkers with Seats known as rolater walkers. The complaints alleged they cannot access to park without their rollertors and their only alternative the parks would require them to use mobility aids that are inappropriate for their individual disabilities and to incourg charges, among other allegations. So they told them they can't have these walkers with seats. It's not certain what triggered the ban on the wheeled and seated walkers at SeaWorld, but the spokesperson said the safety incidents with guests rollers had raised concerns. Some guests have used walkers in appropriately riding, like writing them like their wheelchairs. By that while being pushed by another person, something they're not designed for. They say, so, uh, you'll become the walker police. I guess so's they're looking out for this over at sea World. Thank you Jessica for the email to tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. The White House released a it's called the Stunning video showing the twenty twenty five the Christmas Steak decorations. Like the everything in the White House all decorated for Christmas. I guess all right, nice little view and the ass very artistic. We got two trees is that Milennia blending under the door. That's oh my god, holy cow. Wait, hold on, let's go back. That was a lot. I'm that is a lot. They have a lot of trees in the White House in this particular one, two, three, four, five.
Speaker 4: And this is the new ballroom.
Speaker 1: Nine. Imagine how many trees that thing will have. So ten ten Christmas trees in the old ballroom. All right, big Christmas tree in that area. It looks nice, huge ornaments, less ornaments than my tree, which I think is probably the right amount ornaments. But who knows hat by all deportation this nothing's bad here, Uh, nothing's like best. It's not too gaudy, because a lot of the stuff in the Oval office and stuff has been too gaudy and like Saudi Arabian looking for my taste. This is nice. It looks good inside the White House, all decorated up for the Christmas holiday. Let us know what you think if you're taking a look at this. Over at the Newsyunkie dot com, we told people it is rate my blank because we do this in the final hour of the show on Mondays, and I said, rate my Turkey is your quest for today? Wise guy says, here's my turkey for Thanksgiving. Looking good. That's a very classic looking turkey. Yeah it is. Yeah it does. Just for that. Yeah, I think that's a pretty good intrigue. We appreciate that. Somebody says, this is sabby Cat, here's my spread up. You know it's a little underwhelming, sabby Cat.
Speaker 8: It is.
Speaker 1: Some lettuce, a couple of crew tons.
Speaker 4: Also, I took that like an hour ago.
Speaker 1: Salad here. It looks glorious, But I don't think that's going to ranch dressing. I don't know where this food came from. With that range dressing is incredible? Uh is it? You know? You don't even know who to plug? What the hell? Just the ranch gods? Turkey part one, Oh my god, Now this is the winner so far, Sergeant Dave. This is Turkey Part one and then Turkey part two. Look at a ham the size of a spaceship. My god, very very impressive spread for rate my blank here so far. I think you're in the lead and we'll work one more in. This says Happy Thanksgiving from Kalamazoo, Michigan. They got the whole family there with the turkey and everybody hanging out right over here. Big old giant bowls of food here around far away from the rest of the family. Yeah, it was like one person on one side of the table that ever people I appreciate. All right, well we'll look at these. We're gonna pick a winner before the end of the show today on rate my blank. You still have time to send us the photo in your phone from your Thanksgiving spread and send that over on the news junky dot com. You'll see if you scroll down where you could send a dispatch photo dispatch boom fire it off to us just like that. This was also going viral two point three million views over on social media. These people were at the football game and they were in some of these front row seats, and the front row seats to these games, you have a television in front of you and it says when your parents pay five thousand dollars for you to go to the NFL game and you're just watching family Guy TV in front of you, which I saw is stunning statistic. We got to go to break But over the weekend it was like gen Z eighty percent of gen Zer's watch catalog shows meaning not new shows, not new programs, the newest programs don't have gen Z doesn't have their attention, so like eighty percent of them are watching older shows, the number one show with gen Z. Family Guy. Nice family Guy.
Speaker 2: They're not even putting out new stuff. They're doing the south Park thing just exclusive.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, okay, well they they are big with I guess the younger folks out there, even when they're at these NFL games. Just like that quick break. When we come back, we'll wrap the show up. We got the final dispatch of stories that didn't make the cut, and of course say learn to wrap everything up for a cyber Monday that's coming up next to the news Junk Key. Here's our winner, Sergeant who is a sergeant that I said, Sergeant Dave. Sergeant Dave's our winner or rape my blank winner. You can go see all the submissions and everybody posting rate my turkey today over on the dispatch side of things. Go check that out at the news junk dot com. Thanks everybody got that cyber Monday deal and we appreciate you, love you. Those will be shipped out as soon as this week possibly to get you over and ready to go for the holidays. And that's gonna have to do it. Let's get the hell out of here. Let's do today. I learned the following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ. So don't get cocky. Now it's done. What we call today it is Taylor for a Monday, December one, twenty twenty five. Together in this band. Okay, that's right, The Counting Crows. They got their name from One First Sorrow, a British divination divination nursery rhyme about the superstitious counting of magpies. The elite singer Adam Duritz heard the rhyme in nineteen eighty nine and he said, I think I'm gonna make a band and call it Counting Crows. Thank you so much for hagging out with us. We do appreciate it. We're back about the same time, Sam Place. We'll see you tomorrow. Everybody,