Speaker 1: News Radio seven hundred WLW Mike Allen in for Sloaney today, as I will be, I believe every day next week. So you stuck with me. Hope everybody had a good Christmas. I know I did usual stuff, gifts, great food, a little bit of beer here and there, but no, it was nice. But it's also nice to get it over with, you know. I kind of have a theory as far as Christmas goes. It's fun when you're a kid, it's fun when you have kids, and it will be fun again when you have grandkids. And just about a week ago, I was blessed with my first grandchild. I've got a granddaughter, so really happy about that. And as the years go by, I think Christmas is going to get back to being fun again. But like I said, I hope you all had a good Christmas too, But it is kind of nice to have it over with. But this week, this is a weird week, isn't it. I Mean half the time I don't know whether I'm coming or going. I have to stop and think about what day it is. But it's kind of laid back too. I'll tell you what. Coming up here, there's nobody on the roads. I mean, that's really nice. I don't know that it'll stay like that. Also heard the forecast today is a high of sixty four, which is absurd for almost January. That's darn near convertible weather. I know a few years back, I think it got right around to that temperature and I said, what the heck, I got mine out. Don't know if I'll do that today though. Anyway, We've got a good show for you today. I think we're going to talk at ten o'clock two former Vice Mayor Christopher Smithman. Haven't talked to him in a while, going to catch up with him and see what's up with him and asking his thoughts on what's going on in the city of Cincinnati. Ten thirty Janis Heisel of the Epoch Times, And if you're a regular listener to my Saturday show, I've had Janis on probably every Saturday for the past four or five weeks. When this story with the corruption in Minnesota, she is all over that story, to the point where Nut Gingrich complimented her on her coverage. So we're gonna talk to her at ten thirty. There are some new developments. I'm gonna tell you something I've been around a while. I have never seen anything like that. Pretty much agreed by everyone. It is now up to nine billion dollars and counting. It's just I can't imagine how something like that could go on in a relatively small state and nobody know about it, nobody do anything about it. I think they all knew about it. So Janis will catch us up on that. And we're gonna have legal analyst Steve Gooden. He's going to call in at eleven, not going to talk to the talk to him about the the latest on Elwood Jones. He's the dude that caught the break and his murder conviction was not reversed, but it was dismissed by the prosecutor. And there was a big brew haha between the prosecutor and the corner about some evidence. But this one. You can't write this one. You can't make it up. A couple of days ago, he got pulled over for an OVI. He got an OVI. He got a failure to control. I think it is and a leaving the scene of an accident. You know you would think, wouldn't you. I mean? And he did sat and sit in jail. I think for about I think for about thirty years. You think you know, you get out, you get your charges dismissed, you wipe the st slate clean. At some point, I'm sure he'll get some kind of cash settlement from the state of Ohio. Then you go out and do that. I mean, I don't know. I just don't understand people a relatively light charge, the maxim or the mandatory minimum on a first time OVI. I have no idea. If he's got priors is three days, and most judges go with that. But he fled from the cops, and there's a lot of judges down there that aren't real happy about that. So he may be making a return visit, a brief visit to the Crowbar hotel. I guess we'll just have to see. Well, the big story is, and this is serious stuff. Woke up to find Donald Trump launched a Christmas night airstrike against ISIS he refers to his terrorist scum. It's hard to disagree with that he did this in Nigeria after random and apparently a pretty high number of killings of Christians. Fox News reports to President Donald Trump said the US launched airstrike in northwest Nigeria on Christmas night, targeting ISIS militants he accused of killing Christians. Well, they are calling the operation decisive and warning further attacks would follow if the violence continues. Here's his statement, the President's statements. I'm just going to read this verbatim. It's classic Trump. Tonight, my direction as commander in chief, the United States launched a powerful and deadly strike against ISIS terrorists scum in northwest Virginia, sorry, northwest Nigeria. Well, that would have been a problem. Who have been targeting and viciously killing primarily innocent Christians at levels not seen for many years and even centuries. This is all on truth social by the way. He goes on to say, the President I have previously warned these terrorists that if they did not stop the slaughtering of Christians, there would be hell to pay. And tonight there was the Department of War executed numerous perfect strikes, as only the United States is capable of doing. And he closes the statement with, under my leadership, our country will not allow radical Islamic terrorism to prosper. Thank you so much for that, mister President. That's long overdue, not from you, but from previous administrations. Anyway, he goes on to say, May God bless our military and merry Christmas, tall including the dead terrorist, of which there will be many if their slaughter of Christians continues. So you know, once again, Donald Trump love h Merchti. He just tells it like it is. And it's not like he didn't say that he would do something like this if the situation over there didn't get better. I mean, you can't kill Christians at random, you know, the Muslim faith. Say what you want about it, but let's just be honest. They're not our friends. They do not like us, and we do not have to like them. I'm not talking about all I'm not talking about all of them.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's a majority, but it's a substantial number that don't and think they can kill Christians and Jews. We all know about that from what happened on October the sixth, But Trump says it, he's probably going to do it, and so of these people just don't seem to get it. So we'll see what happens on the follow up to that.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard anything yet. I think it just happened not hours ago, I guess, or maybe around twenty four hours exactly what the damage was and what the body count of Muslim terrorist is, so we'll find out about that. But again, yeah, I tell you what. Like I said, you can either love him or hate him. But my thought is one thought at least, is you know, I think what he's showing people. And this hasn't been true since probably the administration of Ronald Reagan. You don't mess with the United States of America. If we say something, we're going to do it. We're the strongest country in the world, and we're starting to act like it again. And you can, you know, curse his style, curse you know, the way he does things. And he honks me off sometimes too. I mean, you know, what he said about the Rob Reiner and his family, that killing was just I think it was despicable, and I know that's going to make some people angry, but you know, you're going to do this job, you've got to be an honest broker. It was just unnecessary. Having said that. On the substance, he says what he's going to do and he does it. And you know, radical Islamic terrorism is not gone. It's here, and they think they are divinely inspired. So it's something that we have to keep up on and the President is doing that well. They got Senator Tom Cotton of Arkansas. He weighed in on this and he said, I commend President Trump, Secretary Hegseeth, and our brave troops for these strikes against bloodthirsty Isis savages who are not only persecuting Christians but have also killed many Americans. Thank you, senator. And I think there was some other comment too the President. This is Hegseeth again. The President was clear last month the killing of it isent Christians in Nigeria and elsewhere must end. He said. The Department of War is ready and so isis found out as so isis found out tonight on Christmas, more to come. You gotta think that doing it on Christmas had to be something that was thought out and not just a coincidence to send a message. We're just not going to tolerate it. Grateful, grateful for the Nigerian support and cooperation. Again, he said, Mary Chris, so, I guess what the at the basis of this thing. The move followed a surge on attacks on Christians and Christian institutions in Nigeria last month. Gunman storm the christ Apostolic church in Karwas State, killing two people and kidnapping dozens. The thirty eight abducted worshipers were freed only a week later. We're freed.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Nearly a week later. Days later, armed attackers rated Saint Mary's School, a school with kids obviously in Niger State, abducting more than three hundred students and staff. School officials said fifty students aged ten to eighteen escaped in the following days, but two hundred and fifty three students and twelve teachers remained captive. You know, there's your Islam, there's your Muslim terrorist for you, let's pick on kids aged ten to eighteen. I'm telling you you just can't deal with these people. And if somebody wants to call me islamophobic, guess what I could care less. I could care less. It's high time we got serious about these people. And again I have to say it, I'm not talking about all but a substantial number of same. So we'll keep an eye on that and see what happens. I am going to be interested in seeing what the count was on something like that, and also obviously in the weeks and months to come, whether it had any effect, which I kind of think that it did well. Our good friend Kamala Harris back in the news. She was talking on a podcast. She was actually on this podcast, it's called Rich Little Broke Girls Podcast. I think it was like three and a half hours or so, which for her, I mean Trump could speak for three and a half days, but for hers kind of a big deal. But you know, she said some very common Harris like things, no word salads that I know of. But anyway, she made a comment. She suggested that if someone mocks her cackle, guess what, it's sexist and anyone that does is out of touch. Now, at least she didn't drag the R word out for this one. That probably will come later. She made the comment during eight an appearance on the Rich Little Broke Girls podcast when she recalled a reporter asking her about criticisms of lacking humility. Okay, here's Kamala, I don't aspire to be humble. Humility. Yes, it's very important. It's very dated perspective on women who women should be to say women should be humble, women should be quiet, women should laugh easily.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Again, she just never answers the questions I don't aspire to be humble humility. Yes, well, I think they're kind of closely related, Kamala, I'm not mistaken. And she goes on to say women should not have a sense of humor, women should not raise their and she's mocking people. Women should not raise their voice. I have never felt burdened by those very dated and I think out of touch standards, you know. And she goes on to say, like, apparently some people love to talk about the way I laugh. Well, let me tell you something. I have my mother's laugh, and I grew up around a bunch of women in particular who laughed from the belly. And she does have. It's a rather hearty laugh. Some may say a cackle, but it's always at times that are not appropriate. But I guess the whole point of all of this, you know, you could say, yeah, maybe I do that, but it's just me. You know, people need to get over it and not blame it on the F word, you know, feminism. It's because you know, we're all misogynistic. And I don't know, I don't know why that woman is actually out on the stump anyway. I mean, every time she opens her mouth, she probably takes at least three or four points off of her favorable polling information. Well, she goes on and says, there are different phases in your life and you may not know. Okay, this is classic Kamala. There are different phases in your life and you may not know what phase you're in. Maybe you're going to choose that you want to have that kind of Friday night relationship, or you want that Saturday morning relationship. I mean, think about that. I guess you could have both Friday morning and Friday night then Saturday morning. I don't know what the hell she's talking about. Thank you, Kama. I didn't know you were listening, hope, But then you're an eight. You off too much anyway, or you can or you want that Saturday morning relationship. Sometimes you can get both, yeah, see, and sometimes they are just oil and water, and that's okay. Be in those phases where you are having funds. I don't know what point she was trying to get across, other than no matter what, it ain't her fault. She doesn't have a funny and annoying cackle. It's all the result of sexism. So that's probably what you would have expected from her. I know, it's what I would have expected. For She did comment on her own marriage. Doug him off a pretty powerful lawyer as I understand it. She married him in twenty fourteen. She said, Doug and I got married in our forties, and I love my husband so very much. He's my best friend. So far, so good. We've talked about it. We met in our twenties, or had if we had met in our twenties, I don't know that we would have really been in the same place, she added. And you know what, that, I think is a statement that makes some sense. I mean, you know, you just don't know. But there are some things about him, m Off that I'm going to get into that. I think if it were a Republican or a conservative running for president or vice president the United States, we certainly would have heard about them. But hey, that's pretty much par for the course. Hey, we got to take a break. But I want to tell you lots of time for calls this morning. Seven four nine, seven thousand, one eight hundred. The big one are the numbers. If you want to be part of the fun. Here Mike Allen in for Sloaney seven hundred WLW. They we're back. Mike Allen in for sloaney, it's nine to forty. Well, I tell you we got some good weather coming. This is almost convertible weather. Today, mostly cloudy, a little scattered ring, but a high of sixty four. How about that tonight mostly cloudy, mild, low forty three and tomorrow mostly cloudy, comfortable high of fifty five. So I will definitely take that. Well, I'll tell you talk about having a good Christmas, there's some dude in Arkansas that had an incredible Christmas talking about the powerball player in Arkansas who won? Are you ready a one point eight seventeen billion, not million billion dollar jackpot Wednesday? That's a heck of a Christmas present. I guess the way they do it or a lot of oh here it is. Yeah. They reported lump some cash payment option of eight hundred and thirty four point nine million bucks. I mean, can you imagine that? You know, if I think about it and I'm walking by some where they're selling the tickets, I'll punk five bucks down. I mean, I get five dollars worth of daydream and just thinking about it, and you also think too, what would you do with all that money? Yeah? I guess I'd pay all my families, mortgages off, take care of my friends. I like gold cars. I'd probably buy a warehouse full of them, and then yeah, great, not all of it, but a great deal of it. I'd give it away to people. I mean, how cool would that be when your your main job in life is to figure out good causes to give money to. But that's a hell of a jackpot to have won at one point eight seventeen billion dollars. I remember it was in the seventies, I think late seventies when Ohio first started their lottery. I don't think at the time it was affiliated with other states. I think it was just kind of a standalone deal. But you had to get It's not a power ball. You had to get six out of obviously to get the big one. One time my old man got five out of six and I think he got a couple thousand dollars. But those numbers are nothing compared to what they are now. They have not identified, as far as I know, the guy that wanted, but I hope it's someone that really needs it put it that way, and has a kind of a generous streak in he We shall see, I'll tell you hunter he Biden Hunter, Biden. You thought he was gone, he's not. I don't know if his intent is to harm his father or not, or he's just not smart enough to know what will help him and what won't help him. This one is unbelievable. A wide ranging five and a half hour interview was on The Sean Ryan Show. I guess it's a podcast, although I think it's on TV too, on December twenty second. He addressed several highly controversial topics, the main one being that they've reported on at least criticism of his father's administration and his personal financial struggles. Okay, according to AI, here are some of the key highlights from the interview. He criticized the Biden administration pretty strongly. He described his father, President Joe Biden's withdrawal from Afghanistan and certain immigration policies as I'm quoting catastrophic failures. Catastrophic failures. Yeah, that's probably an understatement, especially with respect to the chaotic withdrawal from Afghanistan. Hunter specifically called the immigration situation quote and obvious efing failure close quote, noting that while vibrant immigration is needed, the current lack of border security drains resources. Well, He's wrong about it. There is border security now. I heard last week I think it was Tom Homan was being interviewed somewhere. He said he got up in a helicopter, you know, flew around looking at certain parts of the border, nothing happening. He got a four wheeler from somebody, drove around, nothing happened. Nobody getting into this country without first facing someone. So there is no current lack of border security. I mean, it's just finally it's under control. Well, then he talked about his financial and legal issues, which are myriad. He revealed that he is currently facing a proxy. Listen to this. You know, he probably should have won that lottery. Not really, he's facing fifteen million bucks. He's fifteen million bucks in debt, and he stated that he has quote no clue close quote how he will pay it. Well, okay, you know, by a lot of people's account most notably the House Oversight Committee. He got millions and millions and millions of dollars through all of his dealings with Ukraine as well as I think China and some other places too. Then you know it went around through like twenty four different accounts, and you know, kids five years old getting money, and he Biden walked on that it's just unbelievable, the biggest scandal, in my opinion, in this country's history. I think this whole situation in Minnesota is going to be closely following it. But no, he had all that money from that, he has no clue how he's going to pay it, and I guess there is like a real big rift brewing between his family and Obama. He blamed former President Obama's aids for being quote distasteful close quote and forcing him to restart his business career from square one. Now, I don't know whoever interviewed him, but if that person that just begs for a follow up, and the follow up would be hunter, please explain that how did President Obama force you to restart your business career from square one? I'd be interested in hearing what his answers, not really interested, but curious to hear what his answer to that would be. And this might be the best one.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 1: He blamed his father's very poor debate performance against the president. He wasn't the president then, he Biden was Donald Trump. May have been caused by the use of are you ready ambient? So you know it wasn't Joe Biden being addled and cognitively impaired. Darn it was that darn ambient anyway, I hey, if you want to call seven four nine, seven thousand, one, eight hundred the big one are the numbers. Let's do this. Let's take a short break and we'll come back talk a little bit before the news. Mike Allen in for Sloaney, seven hundred WLW nine one excuse me, yeah, nine two News Radio, seven hundred WLW. Mike Allen in for Sloaney. We're going to the phones here. Let's talk to Bob in Florida. Hey, good morning, Bob, Hey, good morning.
Speaker 2: How you doing.
Speaker 1: I'm good, I'm good. What you got for me?
Speaker 3: I just wanted to mention the small fraud number of years back. You know, I worked from Delta Airlines to CVG, and we had many everyone they were hiring was part time here for us, and so many of these small people and I'm thinking, Mike, God, where did they come from? And they were traveling all the time because when you're an airline employee, you can fly on the cheap international, So they were traveling all the time over to their home and h there.
Speaker 4: Was one instance where one of their bags.
Speaker 3: Their carry on or their suitcases got checked at twenty two laptops in it and two geez, twenty two laptops.
Speaker 4: And I still to this day, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know what kind of black market they have. I was reading article where Ohio has the third most sorelly of population in the country, which these people that worked there at CBG they did live in Ohio, but just worthless late be interesting to see if people really get locked up politicians, well some of the with this wasteful, you know nonsense, but don't their lines cater to them?
Speaker 2: I take it, you know what.
Speaker 1: And I've had a couple of callers to the show over the last couple of weeks saying that Columbus a very high population of some allions, and both of the callers set maybe even more than that, said that hey expect something to come out of Columbus with respect to that kind of stuff soon. So I guess we'll see with respect of Minnesota. It's just hard to fathom how something like that and it now is counting at nine billion dollars, and number one, nobody would have known about it. Nobody in a position to do anything would know about it. And number two, the media would not cover the story. I've talked, I've seen, I've talked to Janis Heiseel. Matter of fact, we're going to talk to her at ten ten thirty about it. Of the Epoch Times. She's all over this, but it's a feeling apparently that they're not going to comment on it and the media is not going to report it because it will be seen as a racist which is just absolute garbage. You know, you get ripped off to the tune of nine billion dollars, but you're not allowed to say anything about it. I honestly think, I honestly think we're just at the tip of the iceberg with this thing. We really are, you know what. I guess I lost him. Yeah, I mean, we'll see, but it's I think we're just beginning. And again Janis Heiseel at ten thirty she has written three more articles about it, and yeah, I follow this stuff and she's on this, I think more than any other national journalist. So she knows the scoop and we will get it from her. At ten thirty, Hey, let's go to Let's go to Larry. Hello, Larry, how you doing?
Speaker 4: Not bad for an old guy? Sir?
Speaker 5: I doing great, and as a fellow former fellow police officer, I cannot even imagine how law enforcement is feeling about the county prosecutor's decision to let that gentleman out of jail so he can commit more crime beyond the lass that's going to happen because of the language that was used, yeah, to criticize the former prosecutor, but now that he is committing new crimes, how in the world can she look herself in the mirror?
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, when I was prosecutor, I was just peripherally involved in it with different motions and things, and so yeah, I know a little bit about it, but not a heck of a lot. But boy, I'll tell you what it sure seemed to me and still does, that they had the goods on the guy. You know, that's a tough job, prosecutor. It is. You got to make tough, tough calls, and you know, she made one that not everybody obviously agrees with. I'll tell you my main problem with what she said. She said that, hey, I'm convinced he didn't do it. Now, I did look at some of the evidence in the thing, and I would be saying the otherwise I was convinced that he did do it, So you know, I don't know, and you get the situation where there's a wizen match between her the prosecutor in the county corner doctor Simarco, who I think is an excellent coroner. That was that was unfortunate that they had that two Democrats going at it too. And then, as you say, not, but what three or four days ago, dude goes out and gets an OVI fleeing and eluding in some other charges too. Wouldn't you think that if you're in that situation, that you would kind of try to walk the straight and arrow and call a damn uber instead of driving. I mean, I just I don't get it.
Speaker 6: Well, I do get it, but miss Sad be walking, you'd be walking on eggshells for a while. You would think you and kissing the ground that you're walking on. But you know, I can't based on you know, limited knowledge that I'm hearing on the radio and talk show and everything else. It sounds like the prosecutor never had a conversation with Joe Dieters to test her theory before she launched it.
Speaker 1: Am I right, I don't know, you know, I really don't know, I'm not privy to that, frankly, don't want to be. I don't know, but I mean what's public is public, and there are oodles and noodles, if you will, of evidence that she could have looked, and she probably did. And I'll tell you what, She's got some top people in that office, in the upper ranks that I think she said they looked it over too. But I think if it were me, I guess, I guess it's a little Monday morning quarterbacking. I would have said that, you know, to pursue this would not be a benefit to the taxpayers. Maybe intimate a little bit somehow that yeah, he was guilty, but I'm walking away from it. I don't agree with that, but that would have been a way to kind of soften a little bit. I do have to say this though, I mean the prosecutor, Connie Pillich, is a Democrat. I'm a Republican. I think she's done a pretty darn good job so far. This I think is the main screw up we shall.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I tried not to look at the politics. I mean, she's she's in a position she's elected. Listen, I got you, and I have a long background together. You know, I was around Simon Leeese and you and a lot of other people for a lot of years, and you know you're in the position and to your point, you're you're making tough.
Speaker 7: Decisions and with the information you have.
Speaker 4: At the time.
Speaker 6: Now, unfortunately we get second guests in the police and law enforcement all the time by everybody, and.
Speaker 4: So I hate to jump on that bandwagon, but.
Speaker 6: This is just seems to me just like a black eye that it's going to be harder to recover from in this situation.
Speaker 2: But Mike, good to hear you on the radios.
Speaker 7: I'm always a fan, and take.
Speaker 6: Care and have a great New Year's If I don't.
Speaker 1: Talk to you, you too, Larry, thank you very much, and thanks for the call. Yeah, you know, it's just a shame. I mean, probably should have been and some communication I guess with the former prosecutor, not me, but Joe because it pretty much came down on his watch. And Joe is I know he talked about it. He's kind of in a difficult position too, being a Supreme Court justice. Judges are limited in what they can say publicly. From what I understand, Joe talked to Willie and no lines were crossed there. But it's an unfortunate situation, it really is. And you know, here's dude. He just gets out of prison, it probably wasn't even a week or maybe two weeks and gets jammed up on this stuff. I guess it just kind of shows where his head is. Hey, we got to take a break for the news. But when we get back, looking forward to this, We're going to catch up with Christopher Smithman. I'm gonna ask him his opinion on what's going on in the city with all the crime stuff and just a lot of things. I want to catch up with christ fraud and we'll do that when we get back. Mike Allen and for Slowey seven hundred WLW News Radio seven hundred WLW. Mike Allen in for Sloaney on the day after Christmas. Hope everyone had a good Christmas. I did, but always glad, kind of glad when it's over. You know what, there's so many things going on in our city and our state and in the country and in the world. And I always like to check in with our good friend Christopher Smitheman to see what he's thinking about things. And he's on the line, and we're going to talk to him today. Hey, good morning, Christopher.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning Mike, and look, Merry Christmas you too, and happy New Year to you and your and your family.
Speaker 1: You too, Christopher. Do you have a good Christmas?
Speaker 4: Wonderful Christmas. All the kids were on the rotation for Cincinnati, so I had them all next year. I won't. That's a part of it, right, right, They rotate out to their spouses and there and their significant others. So this year was my year, and I really enjoyed them.
Speaker 1: Good. I'm glad to hear that. Well, what's your thought on what's going on out in the world. I mean, in this country. You have the situation out there in Minnesota, which I don't know if you're following that, Christopher, but I mean it's incredible with the fraud going on there. That's actually a new term has been coined, fraud tourism, to where people are recruited by other fraudsters to say, hey, come on out here, you can make a lot of money. It's just it's unbelievable to me. What are your thoughts?
Speaker 4: Well, I agree, and I think that the number is gonna hit nine billion dollars, nine with a billion with a B you know, the original one billion, So we've gone from one billion to nine billion. I think there were thirteen people maybe indicted in the last yes, two weeks, and there's going to be more. And the sad part about I know you're highlighting it is, Look, this is medicaid fraud. This is where the people in our society who need resources, Americans, veterans, they're all depending on these resources. So to see people going out and frauding us out of nine billion dollars, it just undermines the entire system. And the other part of it is that the taxpayers, it's our money, that hard earned money. I'm not just think about how hard I worked in twenty twenty five to make what I made, you know, to feed my family, and I don't want to waste money. And I don't want to wake up and hear that the government wasted nine big because when we say nine billion, is we're talking to federal government, so we're talking the entire country. Everybody is putting their money in that same pot. So this is a terrible situation. And I just do not understand why the Democrats are unwilling to call out the fraud, and then those who do call out the fraud. And this is the saddest part is they run to their corner of playing racial politics, as if talking about this makes you and me a racist because we're talking about Somalians who were defrauding Minnesota and all of us across the federal you know, every every state is impacted because it's these are federal dollars for medicaid. Why the Democrats aren't calling this out when they say they care about the poor, they care about safety, death services, these are the things that undermine Medicaid and we've got to get this fraud out of our systems absolutely.
Speaker 1: And you know, some of the Democrats are complaining about the federal oversight, saying, well, this is all about Trump just trying to embarrass Tim Walls, you know, blah blah blah, blah blah. And nobody's stepping forward to say, hey, we screwed up, and we screwed up big time, and we're going to do whatever we can do to fix it. Like I said, Janis Heisel is reported on this thing, Christopher, I think, probably better than anyone in the country. As a matter of fact, Nuke Gingrich complimented her for her coverage. She's on it like white on rice and she I'm gonna talk to her at ten thirty. She dug down, and I guess there have been a lot of tax increases in Minnesota because of what's going on. So you got the situation where you know, ordinary taxpayers are really funding the fraud. It's just it's something that's not tenable. It's got to stop. And accountability is kind of a word that's losing its meaning unfortunately. But you gotta have it here, you gotta do.
Speaker 4: And the sad part about it is, I'm not feeling this sense that when when these people come up for reelection that anything different will happen.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: And so that's the sad part about it. And you know, I'm hearing that we have some might have some issues in the state of Ohio. I pray that we get to the bottom of any medicaid any fraud, but any medicaid fraud that we are experiencing. Every governor across the United States of America, this should be a wake up and everybody should be fact checking, looking and making sure that levels of fraud are not happening in any part of their state because this undermines the entire system and it doesn't make anybody a racist. All of us should be using social media to highlight this. We should be putting a flashlight on it, because these are our tax dollars at the end of the day, and I just worked so hard, I paid so much in taxes that these are the kinds of things that really send me over the top. Mike Allen, I can't, I can't afford. I feel like I make money, and I feel like at the end of the year, I feel poorer than I did the previous year. And the Americans out there that feel that way, it's unacceptable. So the people out there that are making one hundred thousand, sixty thousand, fifty thousand, I'm look sure how much your federal dollars, some percentage of it are in this pool of money that you that Mike Allen and I are talking about, and they defrauded us all And the last thing about it is, and this is the scariest is they were sending the money possibly possibly.
Speaker 2: The fund terrorists.
Speaker 1: Yes I forgot that, taking the.
Speaker 4: Money, sending it back, and now all of a sudden it boomerangs back in some kind of way that a terrorists act against our interests we're funding with our federal dollars. So any Democrat out there, this is a non partisan issue. This is not about Democrats or Republicans. The Democrats they're controlling. So we're discussing any of us as Americans should say this is wrong, and we're calling it out. Unfortunately, the congressional members, everybody's running to their corners and basically saying, anybody that talks about this, you're calling out Somalians and now you are a racist. I'm not a racist to talk about the fraud and abuse that's happening around this nine billion dollars.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and I think we've just scratched the surface on it. I wanted to ask you to Christopher. Obviously, myself and many many others were hopeful that we see you on city Council, back on council in the year twenty twenty six. Didn't happen. I hope and a lot of other people do too. And I'm not kidding you that this isn't the end of the road politically for Christopher Smithman. But I wanted to ask you your thoughts on the City of Cincinnati as we go into the new year. Obviously, you were very critical during the campaign as you were supposed to be. But your thoughts on the direction that the city of Cincinnati is headed with a completely democrat city council. I don't think a Republican and maybe like yourself and independent is ever going to get elected to that thing anymore based on what happened. But just kind of broadly your thoughts on the city as we go into the new year.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm concerned. I'm just as concerned.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: They for me, these weren't political talking points. And I think the things that you and I talked about prior to the election have also proven to be true. I think the settlement of the eight point one million was corruption. And the reason I had defined it as corruption, this is the settlement after and during the George Floyd incident. And I thought what happened to George Floyd was wrong. I think that it was police misconduct, but it wasn't the City of Cincinnati. He had nothing to do with us. Why were there protesters in our downtown doing anything, setting fires, blocking roads, whatever they were doing down there that cost some of them to be detained. And so I'm very concerned about it. And they knew they were in settlement talks. If I were the mayor, there is no way I would have settled this case. We would have gone a trial and I would have had a jury come back and say, hey, the city did something wrong. And I think if a jury had seen this, there's no way that they would have awarded ten million dollars or eight point one million and lawyers getting two million dollars. It just wouldn't have happened. The other thing I think I want to highlight is that all of the shootings that continue to happen in our city. You know, we got a majority of Democrats, and I Mike, and I'm not kids. These aren't just talking. But I don't know what the plan is. I have no sense of what city council and the mayor are doing as far as they comprehensive plan to deal with crime across our fifty two neighborhoods. And the reality of it is, I just saw another business or remember which one of private businesses said Hey, I'm relocating. You're gonna see more of that throughout the year. Because I am a small business owner. You've got to be worried about your employees, and you've got to be worried about your customers. So people are thinking, Hey, my person is coming downtown, my employees are going home at night. I'm worried about them. And if they feel that they're not secure, they're not gonna want to work for that company. By the way, that then impacts what we say recruitment and retention, and businesses can only take so much of that, and they're gonna say, listen, I'm gonna relocate to another state. I'm going to go right across the line to Kentucky. I'm gonna go across the line in Indiana, or I'm gonna move out into the suburbs where i don't have to deal with that. And my employees feel comfortable coming and going from work. They can come at five in the morning, they can leave at eight o'clock at night. But if you have an employee that says it's getting dark at five, I'm uncomfortable walking to my car, which, by the way, Mike, some of them are uncomfortable and should be uncomfortable. Those companies are going to relocate. So my point is that city Hall must do a better job. If they have a plan, they should a comprehensive plan, they should articulate that plan, and they still don't. I don't have a sense that they're supporting our police, and so you can't solve crime in any city without supporting police.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that goes without saying. But I don't think they get it. You know, I agree with what you're saying. Our downtown is a duel. I mean, it just is. I don't think there's anyone like it in the country. I love going downtown and I'm still doing it, but I know a lot of people. I'll say, Hey, did you go down to see this play at Aaron Off or whatever? And the response is on, I'm not going downtown. And it's not to the point now where these places are closing down, although some of them are, But man, I think that's where we're There was a lot of money I think, in most ways wisely spent on downtown, the core of the city. If that stuff keeps on happening, you know they're gonna have to board them up and go somewhere else. It's it's really really I think at a turning point. And I don't know that that council is all jassed up about it like they should be.
Speaker 4: No, they're they're they're not. And you know, again, Unfortunately, our city council is still bathing in identity politics and they're they're they're short armed solutions. And that includes the that includes the mayor. I mean, when you think about it's embarrassing to talk about, but its reality. His car being his cars in revote, I mean, that is so embarrassing. It's it's it's almost unimaginable. The settlement, the money that they then pay the contractor, Irish Rowley, all of it's happening after the elections of voters didn't even go in having all the information. Our reporters in this town are lazy. We used to have, you know, a paper of record that would dig in, ask questions, and not even one article I'm criticizing and publicly that says, hey, mayor, why didn't we know about the settlement? If you were in settlement talks prior to the election, this is a big deal for voters. But the mayor and the administration, they were hiding this information from the voters. I call that corruption. It's a it's a major problem. But last thing I'll say to you, brother, is George Floyd, I didn't I want to highlight this so that that I want to speak to the to this matter one. You know, I don't think what happened to him should have happened. But this wasn't a choir boy. I mean, George Floyd had an extensive criminal record, right, and so it's like they built this guy up like he was this wonderful citizen that followed the law and had no problems in boom boom bam, boom bam. This is not somebody that I would want it running around with any of my sons. I got four sons. This is not I would say, Oh no, George, for you can't hang with my kids. You're out here doing too much crazy stuff. Right, You're gonna get my kid killed. My point is that it's always amazing how they try to rehabilitate the reputations of people when the reality of it was he probably he probably, I don't know, it's just sure gave his mother heartburns for her whole life. Like this guy, where are you? What are you doing? What decisions are you making? Who are you hanging with? Why are you involved with that? What do you do? I mean, I'm guarantee you as mother, his grandmother and aunts and uncles were trying to get this guy to make good decisions and he wasn't making them, and that ultimately he paid a serious price because of all of those interactions he was having with law enforcement. I don't have that issue with my kids. I don't have that with my four boys. I mean, I just don't deal with that. My wife and I were very hard on them, make sure we help them accountable. We knew where they were, where they were going, who their friends were. We need more parenting going into twenty twenty six where parents know where they are and stop leaving that work up to our cop and our prosecutors and our judges and our teachers. This is a parent issue. We have parentless fatherless homes. We've got to address it in twenty twenty six. And anybody listening, is this turn your life around. If you haven't talked to your kids, you don't know where your kids are. If you're not paying child support, you're not supporting the children that you made. It's not the government government's responsibility to pay for a child that you made. If we're not handling that business in twenty twenty six, guess what our constant teachers and our firefighters are going to have the same problems they had in twenty twenty five a city councilor the mayor with no plan to deal with the crime because they want to hold everybody's hands. And we have young people that feel like accountability is not on the table for.
Speaker 1: Them, and that's a problem. That is the most important word, you know. They talk about affordability, of course, that's important. Accountability, I think is equally important, and it's missing in so many facets of our life going into twenty twenty six. Christopher, around of time. I really appreciate you catching up with us, and I hope we can call on you again.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, Mike Allan again, Happy new year to you and your entire listening audience. People can follow me on social media on x at vote Smitherman. Please go and follow me.
Speaker 1: Now, all right, thank you, all right, Christopher Smithman. And I've said it in the intro. I'll say it again. I hope we've not seen the last of that young man in the political world tough anymore, in the city obviously, and in the county too. For a he's an independent, conservative independent. But if I know Christopher, he's not finished. And I certainly hope that's the case. Hey, we got to take a break for the news button. When we get back, we're going to talk to Epoch Times senior reporter Janis Heil. She filed three stories. One is a twenty page story just about what the heck's going on in Minnesota. She's on that thing like white on Rice, and you're not going to believe some of the things that she found out. And we'll talk to Janis when we get back. Mike Allen in for Slowey seven hundred WLW ten thirty six News Radio seven hundred WLW. Mike allen In for Sloaney will be all next week as well. Well, I'll tell you what the beat goes on in Minnesota with this fraud that they've uncovered out there. It seems to me like the thought is there at least at nine billion dollars and probably headed for quite a bit more. Janis Heisel of the Epoch Times has been on this story like white on Rice in my opinion and in Newt Gingrich's opinion as well. She is the national reporter that's covering this thing the most thoroughly, and she filed three stories this week. One a very very comprehensive story if you're interested and you haven't. You haven't read any of her stuff yet. This one is how Minnesota Minnesota nice, and Janis is gonna explain that how Minnesota nice progressive policy's paved the way for Somali fraud. Janie, thanks so much for joining us this morning.
Speaker 8: Well, thank you. Well, what an introduction.
Speaker 7: I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Up very Christmas, I mean, Merry Christmas to you too. I'll tell you what. This story goes twenty three pages and it is I mean, it's got everything in it. And as I said, I think the plot just thickens, doesn't it.
Speaker 8: Oh, it's hard to even know where to start in some ways.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, what's the new? What did you find out since we last talked. I know, the fraud is just it just keeps going up and up and up. But just kind of some of the major points that you have discovered recently.
Speaker 8: Well, you know, it's almost like one of those soap operas that people were addicted to back in the day when we last left our or our bad guy. Here's what was going on, and the latest thing that happened was just a couple of days ago. Kelly Loffler, who is the head of the small business administration wrote a letter to Tim Wallash telling him that she's cutting off five point five million dollars. Now, that sounds like a drop in the bucket, and when you compare it to nine billion dollars, but it is, you know, a chunk of money that you know. She's saying, Look, you're not going to get this money because Minnesota cannot be trusted to safeguard these tax payer dollars. So that's the start, and there's also quite a few efforts to try to claw back some of the money from the people who have already been convicted. But Mike, as you know as a former prosecutor, the forfeiture process is not a flick the switch and you've got the money.
Speaker 1: It takes a while. It takes a while if it happens at all. And if people in Minnesota are counting on restitution to make the tax expayers, holl I'm telling you right now, it ain't gonna happen, and it's not even gonna come close. In your story that I talked about in the intro of Minnesota Nice Progressive Policies at page four, I just want to read one paragraph here because it's just incredible. You talk to a guy named Ed, just a normal citizen, I guess, and he said, this is Ed. There's a willingness to help everybody without any consequences. And then you write this attitude made the state a beacon for progressives. It also manifested in generous welfare benefits. Here it is in twenty twenty three, those programs that you've described previously doled out forty six thousand dollars for each person in poverty in Minnesota, which is the nation's second highest amount, behind only Massachusetts. When I saw that forty six thousand buck figure, I mean, you know, ibow lost it, and that's forty six thousand probably most of our money, I mean national money from all over the United States. I mean, that's pretty incredible, wouldn't you think?
Speaker 6: Jeez?
Speaker 8: I tell you just anytime the dollar amounts start to come out about this whole scandal, it's just eye popping. Another one that is a lot of people are not really pointing out or reporting on that. I do mention in that story is that Minnesota actually had an eighteen billion dollar budget surplus.
Speaker 9: Yes, every bit.
Speaker 8: Of that is gone and then some in just one two year period. In fact, they are now looking at being in the hole by three billion dollars. And I'm telling you, the people I've spoken to who are ordinary taxpayers are hot about that, and they are feeling it because they are seeing their property taxes go up because of the fact that number one inflation over the last several years prior to the current administration, there are a lot of policies put in place that inflation did go up, and the health values went up, and therefore the taxes went up. Plus new taxes are being piled on top of citizens to pay for these mandates coming from the state government. And I'm telling you, people just feel the squeeze there. It's it's really people are are not are very unhappy. I will say the ones that I've spoken to you are, yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure. And that's a theme that runs through this story. You know, if you would for my listeners, explain what you mean by Minnesota nice and it's you use that term in uh a lot of your stories and it makes perfect sense. Will you just explain what that is? And I guess along with that the attitude that they have some of them out there.
Speaker 8: Well, the term Minnesota and nice, I was actually told it originated from a type of granite found there because it's felled g N E I S S and that's pronounced nice. But the kind of you know, manifesting in a a way of life, it's almost like the people came from Norway. A lot of people there, and there's this attitude where you're kind of you're semi warm, but semi frosty at the same time. The saying is that a Minnesotan will give you directions to anywhere except to his own front door. So their hospitality is kind of more on the surface. And as that guy Ed said so succinctly, when people are wanting to give and say, oh, I'm trying to help impoverish people or hungry children or autistic children, there is a cultural tendency to just not ask that very many questions about that. There's also not much of a question, oh I need help. So when you don't ask questions of either the givers or the receivers within a government system and you don't have checks and balances in place, that's a recipe for trouble.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no question about it. And that's a theme that kind of runs through your story. At page seven, you talk about the former assistant US attorney. I think it's his name is Joe Thompson who worked on some of the cases. Oh no, Joe tierrab I guess outline fraud fueling factors in this case. And then you know, here's the weenie, as they say, this is a quote from the former US attorney. Yeah, folks, coming from a society with high levels of corruption. Of course he's talking about Somolians. You mix that with a government handout system that has almost no checks and balances, and that's just a perfect storm for high levels of corruption. Would you agree with me that in many ways, that's pretty much the problem there in a nutshell.
Speaker 8: Well, I quoted him for a reason. You know, the man did prosecute a lot of these cases. And you know, again, part of the whole Minnesota Knighte and progressive culture is that, you know, inclusiveness, that whole inclusive thing, and you don't want to say anything bad about people from other countries or ethnic groups because you know it could be viewed as racism. And so when people in the inside of the system started to see, hey, this isn't right. How is it that this place claims to be feeding you know, three thousand kids in one day and they just started operating yesterday. You know, when they're asking questions about this, they're saying, don't say anything about that. You could be viewed as racist or worse. Some of these whistleblowers have alleged that they were even surveilled or had discipline and action taken against them when they tried to raise concerns. So there are many, many layers to this whole terrible situation there in Minnesota. But I would like to point out, as bad as it is in Minnesota, there may be states where it's worse. I'm looking into trying to do more of a state a nationwide picture of what fraud looks like. Me luck with that.
Speaker 1: One, absolutely, And I think I might have told you I've had any numbers of callers on my Saturday show saying that and pointing to Columbus, and a couple of them said, hey, you know, stand by because something's coming out of there too. Have you heard anything about that?
Speaker 8: That is actually on my very long list of follow up stories to try to get to. I'm one reporter, but man, it was sure to.
Speaker 7: Be nice to have a team of us working on this.
Speaker 8: But you know, we're a lean and mean operation, and you know, try to do our very best with with you know, just a smaller staff. But I tell you what I'm I'm very aware of that. I've heard some things about that. I haven't substantiated anything along those lines, but it is on my list of things to definitely look into.
Speaker 1: You know, the stories you crank out, in the detail within which you crank them out is absolutely incredible. It's phenomenal. I mean, you know, this just isn't some kind of opinion piece that said, boy, this is horrible. You drill down on it, and I know I appreciate it. I think everybody else does too. But one thing too, and this I don't. Oh, okay, this is from Joe Thompson, a quote that, again I think, kind of just boils it all down. Minnesota's fraud ridden programs all have one thing in common, and I know from reading your stories this is absolutely right. The one thing in common sudden explosive growth according to figures, you know, the way these the amounts spent on these programs just skyrocket. I know one of them I've read in your reporting for supposedly helping I think it was disabled children. They were billing at twelve bucks or excuse me, twelve hours per day, and that doesn't make any sense. And that one had explosive growth. Sounds to me like that's kind of a common factor, right.
Speaker 8: And that is definitely something that pointed out. There are multipleables there in that passage that you said. I can't remember some of them off the top of my head. I remember one that started at like it was projected to cause two point two two point two million a year, went up one hundred and seventy million within about three years.
Speaker 1: And you know what, it's just incredible. You got a governor who you know, at the end of the day, he's supposed to be watching what's going on. There is no way that if this was happening in the state of Ohio, I guarantee you that Mike Dwaine would know about it and would have done something about it. And as you said, and others have said as well, again with respect to media reporting, nobody wants to be called a racist, so this nonsense goes on. I mean, it's just incredible. What's next on your list, Janis with respect to this, I know you mentioned you're going to start looking at other states.
Speaker 8: Right, well, looking at other states is a big deal all also trying to bring out some more information about where the money went. I have obtained some federal court exhibits that show vehicles and checks and you know, other documentations showing how millions of dollars of the taxpayer's money went to things that most people would be pretty upset to see, just trying to show where that money went, and also about the forfeiture process, how difficult that is. One of the lawmakers I interviewed told me that technically the taxpayers of Minnesota now on a bakery here in Ohio that the quote own is in quotes, you know, because that was one of the things that that reportedly with purchased with some of these ill gotten games.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: And it goes on and on and on. I know you don't do politics. I know you don't report on polosy tetch. You report on facts. But and I've asked you this, I think a couple of times before. I mean, the heat's got to be building under Governor Waltz to get the hell out of there and resign. Have you heard anything more about that?
Speaker 8: Well, the one of the Trump cabinet members, Lenna McMahon, the head of.
Speaker 1: The Education department.
Speaker 8: Yes, pointed out about these ghost students. Uh, people who are receiving a bunch of money for never even attending school or maybe even didn't exist.
Speaker 2: These people didn't exist.
Speaker 8: Are you know money going out?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 8: She faulted him for that. Now, in his defense, some people are saying things like, you know, the head guy can't know everything. But when there, when it's this multifaceted, a lot of people are saying, in fact what you said, which is that they believe he had to at least know, and the whistleblader blowers are saying that they told him.
Speaker 2: And on top of it.
Speaker 8: Yes, there are there. These men didn't go so far as saying that, you know, we want you to resign Tim Walls, but one hundred mayors in Minnesota banded together and sent a letter his way. Now, maybe you know, I know the public's tired of letters, letters, letters, but you know this one, when one hundred mayors are signing it, you know that is a much louder microphone in so to speak, or megaphones than just one lone voice or you know, making a post on social media. So they're saying, look, our communities are hurting. This has to stop. We demand accountability, and they were asking it of not just him, but also the state lawmakers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they have to have it. I've never seen anything like this. I've been around quite a while, and I think it's just going to keep getting bigger and bigger. One thing, I just want to read a quote. This is mainly for the listeners of something that Waltz said. It's just the guy's just he's not based in the real world. He's in dream world three or somewhere else. Okay, this is the governor. This is outrageous. I expect political attacks in an election year, said Waltz, whose re election bid faces at least ten Republican challengers, including Robins. He's a state I think rep Okay, here's what he says, Waltz, what is unacceptable is actively withholding information about fraud and blocking investigations in order to advance a political agenda. If there is fraud, it needs to be investigated immediately, not sat on, redirected, or used for political theater. In your reporting, which has been extensive, I mean relatively short period of time, have you seen any evidence of any of that, withholding information, blocking investigations in order to advance a political agenda.
Speaker 8: Well, it's certainly not on the inside of all of that, but no, I haven't seen that. What he's actually respond to is the representative Robin's a lady who has the fraud you know, Anti fraud and Committee in the House of Representatives there in Minnesota. She uh, you know, said, look, I have whistleblowers coming to me. They've they've come out at this Uh there's like an online portal where they can they are guaranteed the anonymity. Apparently, hundreds of whistle blowers who work for the state well Welfare Department have come forward and made allegations and provided information to her and other members of the committee. She says she doesn't feel comfortable giving that to the Attorney general or the other, you know, members of the government in the state, so she gives it to the US Attorney's office. She's like, these people don't trust you. The whistle blowing would stop if it went to you guys, because allegedly you guys sat on it. You are the ones who sat on it. Now he's accusing her of quote unquote just not doing anything with it or sitting on it, and she's saying, no, I hinden information over.
Speaker 1: As soon as we investigate that it's.
Speaker 8: Credible, we send it over to the US Attorney's Office, the FBI, other appropriate agencies. And he's after he heard this. She said this at a public meeting. That was his response that he accused her of hiding information.
Speaker 1: Jeez, well, we're out of time, Channis. I can't thank you enough. And I know my listeners feel the same way because they tell me how much we appreciate you filling us in on this because you're keyed in and hope we can continue to call on you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, any tips about Ohio, feel free to contact me.
Speaker 1: The easiest way to do that is just to go on my.
Speaker 8: Twitter and you can see it is Janis High School.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 8: Sl has my email address right there. It's harder to explain on the air, so just go to my ex account Twitter or go to the Epoch ep oh Times and you can try to find me on there.
Speaker 1: Sounds good, thanks, Javis, Thank you. Okay, all right, boy, I'll tell you what. Like I said, the plot thickens and she's all over it. It's just hard to grasp just the breadth of this thing, I mean, and it just keeps getting bigger and bigger and accountability. That's what's needed here, and I hope at some point we get it. Hey, we got to take a break. Button we get back. Elwood Jones, we talked about it a little bit earlier. He's the dude that had his conviction for murder not reversed because it wasn't a legal thing. Prosecutor decided to drop the charges. Lo and behold, dude. I think it was Christmas Eve Cosettin gets DUI runs from the cops. We're going to talk to our legal analyst, Steve Gooden about that. And I thought we were finished with Epstein. Think again. We'll talk to Steve when we get back. Mike Allen in for Sloy seven hundred wl the Radio seven hundred wl W. Mike Allen in for Sloaney the day after Christmas. Elwood Jones, it's a case that will not go away, and this time it was from his doing. I think it was Christmas Eve. He got arrested for OVII leaving the scene of an accident and failure to control. Interestingly, it's not up on the clerk's website yet, but you know, we're in a holiday weekend, so I'm not reading much into that, but here to talk about that in other things is our legal analyst Steve Good And Steve, thanks so much for joining us.
Speaker 2: Hey, thanks for having.
Speaker 1: Me your your thoughts on Elwood. When you read this, I mean I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know I could. It seems about part for the course right now. Yeah, Hamilton County. I mean, I mean, really it's about where we are, uh, and there's more to come, you know. I mean the prash, the new prosecutor County Village has announced she actually went to the county commission and asked for more money to create this prosecution integrity unit where they're going to go back and look at old cases and so forth. And I think sometimes it's kind of a hall of mirrors and they get lost. I mean, look, Ella was out celebrating because just a couple of weeks ago the prosecutor dropped all the appeals and publicly announced she wasn't convinced he did it. She did that after years of litigation where they basically re examined every piece of evidence, they looked at potential greedy violations where things weren't turned over to the to the defense all the way back in the nineties. At the end of the day, though, no real new evidence emerged that cleared him. I mean, it's not like there was some sort of DNA that now could be tested. It wasn't like another suspect if someone confessed in a lot of these old cases, you know, barring some sort of DNA that actually cleared here's the person. It's just kind of like, look, now the witnesses are dead, the primary detective is dead. That is actually one of their main grounds for appeal. They have accused him of planting the most damning piece of physical evidence, which was miss Nathan's bracelet, the victims bracelet that was found in Elwood's toolbox and his trunk, and now that he's dead, they basically have created this issue thirty years later that he placed it there. But wait, we can't cross examine him now because he's dead, and that's one of their big grounds for appeal. So if this is what's coming, then we can get ready for more Elwood Jones type scenarios where they're going to go back and kind of rewrite history and let all out of these folks out. So, yeah, it looks like Elwood was out celebrating on Christmas Eve, we get a lot to celebrate, you knows, as he shouldn't have been driving his car. It looks like I don't know what he hit. Again, we don't have the full details. There was an accident and he's been accused of leaving the scene of an accident. He's out of jail again. It was over in the Walnut Hills neighborhood, and so it's kind of nice part of one of tills. It's being redeveloped, so we don't know what he was up to. I'm surprised to get a driver's license. A TI point has been locked up for thirty seven. Yeah, but no, there's going to be more of this to come.
Speaker 1: You know, and you just think about it when you think somebody have enough sense to kind of lay low and maybe Colin Uber, which kind of raises my next question about money. He stands to hit the jackpot pretty good. Steve on the wrongful conviction, allegedly wrongfully convicted, I think you have to file those things through the Ohio Court of Claims. What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I lit Agate up in the Court of Claims a fair amount. It's a very.
Speaker 7: Strange it's a strange place at the court that.
Speaker 2: A lot of people don't even know about it. I mean, whenever you sue the state, you know there is this special court up in Columbus you can get a jury trial, but only under very very select circumstances. The Attorney General's office tends to step in to represent the local county prosecutors in these cases. So you know, you know, the local folks who are involved, like you know our former colleague Mark Pete Meyer and so forth, he won't have any real say in what happens. At most be a witness, but no, they have a history of paying out these kinds of claims. And the biggest problem we had, he I mean the taxpayers will have is that statement that the miss pillach Er any prosecutor made where she said not only did she say, look, we can't if she could have come out and said, look, we can't retry the case because of these court rulings. Our you know, the detective has passed away, we can't really redo this now. That would have been one thing, but she actually affirmatively said in her press conference or press release. I can't recall which one that she is no longer convinced that el One Jones committed to cross right. So she has actually raised the issue of what they call actual innocence, which is more or less just like it's getting the check book out. That's just a question how big the truck's going to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how I was going to ask you, would you care to Hansward A guess, you know the neighborhood we're talking about. For him, it's probably going to be a pretty good payday.
Speaker 2: Look, I can throw this one out. I mean a case I was involved in fairly recently where I was representing a corrections officer, and I can't talk about the execut details because he ended up settling. But let's just say that an inmate who was serving life for murder, not on death row, but serving life broke his back because of because of a tussle he had with some corrections officers where he was at fault, but the officers did not use proper protocol. And again, this guy is locked up for life. It was a seven figures settled, you know, millions. So if you can if a guy who's never getting out of prison, who's fighting with security guard corrections officers, can get over a million bucks. You can imagine what a guy who said on death row, who is now being touted as potentially innocent, might be in line for so.
Speaker 1: The taxpayers taking on the chin again you know exactly, Hey, let me I mean he might go ahead, Steve.
Speaker 2: You might be the most eligible bachelor in Townward Jones and people knowing what's coming his way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a very good point. I think he'll have some potential suitors, if you will, right. He focusing on the DUI. Of course, the mandatory minimum for first offender in Ohio is three days. And I looked, and it's only Hamilton County. I don't see any prior o v I, very few prior traffic offenses. And it's something like this, I think is judge specific. I think he would agree with that. I mean, he does have a leaving the scene, and some judges take that pretty seriously. But the convictions, let's just say he's convicted of ov I and maybe one of the others that in no way has any legal effect on his murder case, does it?
Speaker 2: No, not at all. In fact, you know, you know, in Ohio or in Hamilton County. I mean, typically what would happen as you know is, unless the leaving the scene in Ball was some severe property damage or god for bit enough person being injured, which it doesn't look like was the case here. That would typically be charged pretty early on you know, a first time OVII offender. Half the time they end up being convicted of a lesser offense like reckless operation and said to a three day alcohol education program, right, which has done privately, you like in a hotel setting. Right. So if he is treated like a regular first time offender, and assuming that the accident underlying it is not serious, and also assuming he had insurance to take care of the accident, a lot of judges do look at that specifically, then yeah, he may never see the inside of the jail cell. In fact, they didn't even process them through the justice center the other night. They just they sent him home. Yeah, sent him home.
Speaker 1: In fairness, that happens quite a bit on those kind of charges. But you know, you raised a really interesting point about how to hell that guy get a driver's license? I mean, you know, uh so quickly I guess, well, I'm going to stay tuned on that one. Like I said, there's nothing up on the clerk's website yet. But We're in a kind of hollowy holiday situation, so I'll continue to watch it. I did want to ask you the the case with respect to the one, uh man, I'll tell you there is so much here on Epstein. It's a hard it's hard keeping up with it. It's not dead, I guess, is the question. They said. Do OJ says it has found more than a million additional Epstein documents. Will this thing ever go away? Steve Gooden, uh No, it will not.
Speaker 2: I mean our kids and our kids' kids will be using the word Epstein as a you know, shorthand for corruption, pedophilia, scary stuff, powerful people, you know, hanging out and being blackmailed potentially. Of course, you know, we'll never know all of it. And I'm telling you it's a rabbit hole you can go down. I made the mistake a couple of days ago of looking at the at the current TRANCHA documents, of which there are hundreds of thousands. They are now searchable in a database on the DOJ website Justice dot gov. You can click right on it. You can put in keywords. I put in Trump Clinton, Hillary Clinton and get all that. They and they pull up the PDF documents most of which have been redacted, particularly any that involved underage people. You know, the faces are obscured, but it's it's amazing what's on there, and it's amazing that there's more. I mean, this guy apparently was prolific in his use of email and text messages and other things. He was just he was a constant communicator and kind of a mover and shaker. Yeah, and you know, we just in every new Tranta document shows another level of famous people that he had down on the island. The last time came out. There was a lot of entertainers, you know, people like you know, early Diana Ross, Michael Jackson, which as an eye raiser, I guess for a number of reasons. And in a whole bunch of new stuff with Bill Clinton, which again does it depict him directly doing anything improper, but it certainly undercuts his public statements that he and Epstein weren't that close. I mean, they look pretty chummy in these photos. In fact, there's one in a hot where he's sitting in a hot tub with the Scalene Maxwell's who's also serving prison time for basically acting as Epstein's pimp for underage traffic t women. So not a good look for a former president to be sitting.
Speaker 7: There with a woman who was engaged in that kind of.
Speaker 2: Activity, and they all look pretty friendly, and it just begs the question of who had wat on whom and how did he You know, here's a guy Epstein who worked briefly at bear Stearns and in the early eighties, never had a college degree, was never actually a broker, never had a broker's license, but he amassed a billion dollar fortune, had private island in the US, Virgin Island, a massive in New York, and have people and was managing money for people like Les Wexner out of the Columbus, whoes you know, owns these you know l brands with half the stores in any mall are owned by Les Wexner. How he insinuated himself into the scenarios when he really didn't have the credentials begs the question of what he had on these people. And that's what I think Epstein will always mean. And I think actually the more documents that are released makes it harder, you know, to determine it. I mean, like I said, even now, if someone came forward, if some like ninety year old guy came forward and said, hey, I was the guy that engineered the conspiracy to kill JFK. No one will believe it now, you know, there's all these conspiracy theories. So I don't know that we'll ever know exactly what happened. And he's dead. Maxwell is in prison and really not talking, and even if she did talk, I think everyone would think that that's all self serving. The Clintons are lawyered up and fighting their subpoenas. Donald Trump is in these all over, but his Justice Apartment is releasing them slowly but surely. So I just don't know that anyone's ever.
Speaker 7: Going to be satisfied with what happened, no matter how many documents they find.
Speaker 1: Politico has been covering it, and they say today the DOJ claims the Epstein Maxwell file exceeds one point seven million. Now I get it. I mean, he was a high powered dude. He hung with high powered people, and you're familiar with complex civil and criminal litigation. One point seven million documents, though, Steve, I just don't understand how it could get to be that much.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, when you when you start playing with them on that on the searchable website, which which I get. I don't recommend people do it. I mean, I went down the rebitue. It's amazing works there. I mean, this guy, he's one of these guys that probably I mean, I'm just guessing because I know the level of email traffic at our law firm. It's not uncommon for me to get one hundred fifty two hundred emails a day, a lot of them being sales emails and garbage. But you know, for me to get like one hundred or one hundred and twenty legitimate emails, and I'm just a lawyer in Ohio, it's not uncommon. So I mean, this is a guy that really worked. There's a lot of emails, and he also took tons and tons of pictures. Most of them it looks like off his phone, but you know, there are you know, he was constantly recording everything he did, whether it be you know, his plane rides or his guests or so forth. So I mean, of what I've seen, the bulk of it are emails and in photographs. There's also a lot of financial statements. I mean, obviously he was managing money for people and for himself, so there's a lot of financial stuff that have account numbers and so forth, obviously redacted. There's heavy, heavy, heavy redactions in a lot of these. But you know, it's just you know, if you think about the way a lot of us live now, I mean, most of this activity, you know that's there's from the late nineties and into the early to mid two thousands, so you know, there's cell phones, there's texting, there's emails, there's photographs that way, so we all generate more documents than we think. I mean, I'm involved in a simple contract dispute locally, and I just learned right before Christmas that there were twenty five thousand emails in the exchange between the people over at eighteen month period. So you know, you just and that's not even that complicated a case. So it's just the way we live now and have for the last twenty five years. So I'm not too surprised by that. It's just a lot of them are kind of just tantalizing. They have little nuggets that make you wonder. Yeah, but there's so far no big smoking gun.
Speaker 1: Okay. Well, and the thing about it is, speaking politically, if there are anything that bad on Trump, don't you think it would have been put out a long, long time ago.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, that's what I think, and I'll tell you you know, look, the fact that he associated with Epstein and was down on that, you know, was apparently on the plane several times, and is clearly I mean, they were clearly friends. And I think the quote from Susie Wiles's chief of staff and who I don't know how you know, it was not maybe the best quote, but I think an honest one and said, look, her quote was quote, they were young playboys together, you know, the guys in their late thirties, early forties running around in New York, single guys both with money and uh you know, really liking uh you know, the high life and clearly, you know, looking looking for companionship one way or the other. And that's you know, it's gonna it's gonna be something that a lot of folks are going to regard as a black mark on the president. But the idea that he was either being blackmailed or knew anything, I mean, surely, you know, if someone had that kind of a skeleton in their closet, uh that and remember it would be weird that they would seek public office at all. McCall that, you know, Epstein was long in prison, but the time that Trump ran for ran for office, so you know, he had to know that. You know, there were multiple grand jury investigations into Epstein, including in New York, multi year grand jury investigations, the documents which are gradually being unsealed and released. So if he had had some grand great concern about that, you know, I can't imagine that he would have jumped into public office. And the other thing is, even if some sort of document emerges now, his hard core supporters aren't going to buy it. I mean, particularly after what happened with the Russia situation. It really was a hoax, you know, particularly with you know, with you know, with the some of the Ukrainian impeachment, which we now know really you know, wasn't some sort of an impeachable offense. Right, So there have been so many things thrown out him at this point that I think he's almost kind of immune to whatever is in there. But it's clear he knew him, It's clear they socialized, and it's clear you know that at one point they were pretty tight. He says he broke it off with him about in two thousand and five or six. Uh, you know, prior to everything happening, and there's really been nothing so far to contradict that.
Speaker 1: All Right, Steve Ryan time, I really appreciate you talking to us about this, and I think we'll stay tuned on both el Would and our good friend Epstein, and you know you'll keep us posted on it. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Hey, anytime, take care of what.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you? You know my goodness, one point seven million documents and Steve's explanation for that is completely legit and accurate. It just I wish they'd just do one big damn thing to just get it over with. Anyway, we will take a break and when we get back, your calls seven four nine, seven thousand, eight hundred, the big one are the numbers if you want to be involved. Mike Allen in for Slowey, seven hundred WLW. There's radio seven hundred wl W. Mike Allen in for Sloaney. The day after Christmas, Elwood Jones, it's a case that will not go away, and this time it was from his doing. I think it was Christmas Eve he got arrested for OVII leaving the scene of an accident and failure to control. Interestingly, it's not up on the clerk's website yet. But you know, we're in a holiday weekend, so I'm not reading much into that. But here to talk about that in other things is our legal analyst Steve Good. And Steve, thanks so much for joining us. Hey, thanks for having me your thoughts on Elwood. When you read this, I mean I couldn't believe.
Speaker 2: It, you know, I could. It seems about part for the course right now. Yeah, you're Hamilton County. I mean, I mean, really it's about where we are and there's more to come, you know. I mean the prosecutor, the new prosecutor County Village is announced. Sheley went to the county Commission and asked for more money to create this prosecution integrity unit where they're going to go back and look at old cases and so forth. And I think sometimes it's it's kind of a hall of mirrors and they get lost. I mean, look, Elwa was out celebrating because just a couple of weeks ago the prosecutor dropped all the appeals and publicly announced she wasn't convinced he did it. She did that after years of litigation where they basically re examined every piece of evidence, they looked at potential greedy violations where things weren't turned over to the or to the defense all the way back in the nineties. At the end of the day, though, no real new evidence emerged that cleared him. I mean, it's not like there was some sort of DNA that now could be tested. It wasn't like another suspect if someone confessed in a lot of these old cases, you know, barring some sort of DNA that actually clears the person. It's just kind of like, look, now the witnesses are dead, the primary detective is dead. That is actually one of their main grounds for appeal. They have accused him of planting the most damning piece of physical evidence, which was miss Nathan's bracelet, the victims bracelet that was found in Elwood's toolbox and his trunk, and now that he's dead, they basically have created this issue thirty years later that he placed it there. Wait, we can't cross examine him now because he's dead, and that's one of their big grounds for appeals. So if this is what's coming, then we can get ready for more Elwood Jones type scenarios where they're going to go back and kind of rewrite history and let a lot of these folks out, So yeah, it looks like Elwood was out celebrating on Christmas Eve. We get a lot to celebrate, yeah know, as well as he shouldn't have been driving his car. It looks like I don't know what he hit. Again, we don't have the full details, but there was an accident and he's been accused of leaving the scene of an accident. He's out of jail again. It was over in the Walnut Hills neighborhood, in this kind of nice part of Waldo Hills that's being redeveloped, so we don't know what he was up to. I'm surprised he got a driver's license at this point. He has been locked up for thirty seven Yearah. But no, there's going to be more of this to come, you know.
Speaker 1: And do you just think about it when't you think somebody have enough sense to kind of lay low and maybe calling uber, which kind of raises my next question about me. He stands to hit the jackpot pretty good. Steve on the wrongful conviction, allegedly wrongfully convicted, I think you have to file those things through the Ohio Court of Claims. What are your thoughts on that.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I litigate up in the Court of Claims a fair amount. It's a very strange. It's a strange place at the court that a lot of people don't even know about it. I mean, whenever you sue the state, you know, there is this special court up in Columbus. You can get a jury trial, but only under very very select circumstances. The Attorney General's office tends to step in to represent the local county prosecutors in these cases. So you know, you know, the local folks who are involved, like you know, our former colleague Mark Pete Meyer and so forth, he won't have any real say in what happens. At most be a witness, but no, they have a history of paying out these kinds of claims. And the biggest problem we had, he, I mean, the taxpayers will have is that statement that the miss Pilla Chern her maid where she said, not only did she say, look, we can't if she could just come out and said, look, we can't retry the case because of these court rulings. Our you know, the detective has passed away. We can't really redo this now, that would have been one thing, but she actually affirmatively said in her press conference or press release. I can't recall which one that she is no longer convinced that l One Jodes committed to cross right. So she has actually raised the issue of what they call actual innocence, which is more or less just like it's getting the check book out.
Speaker 7: That's just a question how big the tech's going to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how I was going to ask you, would you care to Hansward A guess, you know the neighborhood we're talking about. For him, it's probably going to be a pretty.
Speaker 2: Good play day. Look, I can throw this one out. I mean a case I was involved in fairly recently where I was representing a corrections officer. I can't talk about the execut details because it ended up settling. But let's just say that an inmate who was serving life for murder, not on death row, but serving life broke his back because of you, because of a tussle he had with some corrections officers where he was at fault, but the officers did not use proper protocol. And again, this guy is locked up for life. It was a seven figures subtled, you know, millions. So if you can if a guy who's never getting out of prison, who's fighting with security guard corrections officers, can get over a million bucks. You can imagine what a guy who said on death row, who is now being touted as potentially innocent, might be in line for.
Speaker 1: So the taxpayers take it on the chin again, you know exactly, Hey, I mean.
Speaker 2: He might go ahead, Steve, you might be the most eligible bachelor in town Wood Jones and people knowing what's coming his way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a very good point. I think he'll have some potential suitors if you will, right, Hey, focusing on the dui. Of course, the mandatory minimum for first offender in Ohio is three days. And I look, and it's only Hamilton County. I don't see any prior o V very few prior traffic offenses. And it's something like this, I think is judge specific. I think he would agree with that. I mean, he does have a leaving the scene, and some judges take that pretty seriously. But the convictions, let's just say he's convicted of OVI and maybe one of the others that in no way has any legal effect on his murder case, does it?
Speaker 2: No, not at all? In fact, you know, you know, in Ohio or in Hamilton County. I mean typically what would happen, as you know, is unless the leaving the scene involves some severe property damage or god for bit enough person being injured, which it doesn't look like was the case here, that would typically be charged pretty early on you know, a first time OVII offender. Half the time they end up being convicted of a lesser offense like reckless operation and said to a three day alcohol education program, right, which has done private what do you like in a hotel setting? Right? So, if he is treated like a regular first time offender, and assuming that the accident underlying it is not serious, and also assuming he had insurance to take care of the accident, a lot of judges do look at that share specifically, then yeah, he may never see the inside of the jail cell. In fact, they didn't even process him through the justice center the other night. They just they sent him home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in in fairness, that happens quite a bit on those kind of charges. But you know, you raised a really interesting point about how the hell that guy get a driver's license. I mean, you know, uh so quickly I guess, well, I'm going to stay tuned.
Speaker 7: On that one.
Speaker 1: Like I said, there's nothing up on the clerk's website yet, but we're in a kind of hollowy holiday situation, so I'll continue to watch it. I did want to ask you the case with respect to the one man. I'll tell you there is so much here on it's a hard it's hard keeping up with it. It's not dead, I guess, is the question. They said. DJ says it has found more than a million additional Epstein documents. Will this thing ever go away, Steve Gooden.
Speaker 2: Uh No, it will not. I mean, our kids and our kids' kids will be using the word Epstein as a you know, shorthand for corruption, pedophilia, scary stuff, powerful people, you know, hanging out and being blackmailed potentially. Of course, you know, we'll never know all of it. And I'm telling you it's a rabbit hole you can go down. I made the mistake a couple of days ago of looking at the at the current Trancher documents, of which there are hundreds of thousands are They are now searchable in a database on the DJ website Justice dot gov. You can click right on it. You can put in keywords. I put in Trump Clinton, Hillary Clinton and get all that they and they pull up the p documents, most of which have been redacted, particularly any that involved underage people. You know, the faces are obscured, but it's it's amazing what's on there, and it's amazing that there's more. I mean, this guy apparently was prolific in his use of email and text messages and other things. He was just he was a constant communicator and kind of a mover and shaker. Yeah, and you know, we just in every new Tranta document shows another level of famous people that he had down on the island. The last time it came out, there was a lot of entertainers, you know, people like you know, bizarrely Diane Diana Ross, Michael Jackson, which is an eye raiser, I guess for a number of reasons. And in a whole bunch of new stuff with Bill Clinton, which again does it depict him directly doing anything improper, but it certainly undercuts his public statements that he and Epstein weren't that close. I mean, they look pretty chummy in these photos. In fact, there's one in a hot where he's sitting in a hot tub with the Scullen Maxwell, who's he was also serving prison time for basically acting as Epstein's pimp for underage traffic to women. So not a good look for a former president to be sitting there with a woman.
Speaker 7: Who was engaged in that kind of activity, and they.
Speaker 2: All look pretty friendly, And it just begs the question of who had what on whom and how did he You know, here's a guy Epstein who worked briefly at bear Stearns in the early eighties, never had a college degree, was never actually a broker, never had a broker's license, but he amassed a billion dollar fortune, had private island in the US Virgin Island, a massive estate in New York, and had people and was managing money for people like Les Wexner on the Columbus, who's you know, owns these you know, l brands with half the stores in any mall are owned by Les Wexner. How he insinuated himself into this scenarios when he really didn't have the credentials begs the question of what he had on these people. And that's what I think Epstein will always mean. And I think actually the more documents that are least makes it harder, you know, to determine it. I mean, like I said, even now, if someone came forward, I some like ninety year old guy came forward and said, hey, I was the guy that engineered the conspiracy to kill JFK. No one will believe it now, you know, there's all these conspiracy theories. So I don't know that we'll ever know exactly what happened. And he's dead. Maxwell is in prison and really not talking, and even if she did talk, I think everyone would think that that's all self serving. Sure, the Clintons are lawyered up and fighting their subpoenas. Donald Trump is in these all over, but his Justice Department is releasing them slowly but surely. So I just don't know that anyone's.
Speaker 7: Ever going to be satisfied with what happened, no matter how many doctorments they find.
Speaker 1: Politico has been covering it, and they say today the DOJ claims the Epstein Maxwell file exceeds one point seven million. Now I get it. I mean, he was a high powered dude. He hung with high powered people, and you're familiar with complex civil and criminal litigation. One point seven million documents, though, Steve, I just don't understand how it could get to be that much.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, when you start playing with them on that on the searchable website, which I get, I don't recommend people do it. I mean, I went down the revenue. It's amazing work there. I mean, this guy, he's one of these guys that probably I mean, I'm just guessing because I know the level of email traffic at our law firm. It's not uncommon for me to get one hundred and fifty two hundred emails a day, a lot of them being sales emails and garbage. But you know, for me to get like one hundred or one hundred and twenty legitimate emails, and I'm just a lawyer in Ohio is not uncommon. So I mean, this is a guy that really worked. There's a lot of emails, and he also took tons and tons of pictures. Most of them it looks like office phone, but you know, there are you know, he was constantly recording everything he did, whether it be you know, his plane rides or his guests or so forth. So I mean, of what I've seen, the bulk of it are emails and photographs. There's also a lot of financial statements. I mean, obviously he was managing money for people and for himself, so there's a lot of financial stuff that have account numbers and so forth obviously redacted. There's heavy, heavy, heavy redactions in a lot of these. But you know, it's just you know, if you think about the way a lot of us live now, I mean, most of this activity, you know that's there's from the late nineties into the early to mid two thousands, so you know, there's cell phones, there's texting, there's emails, there's photographs that way, so we all generate more documents than we think. I mean, I'm involved in a simple contract dispute locally, and I just learned right before Christmas that there were twenty five thousand emails in the exchange between the people over at eighteen month period. So you know, you just and that's not even that complicated a case. So it's just the way we live now and have for the last twenty five years. So I'm not too surprised by that. It's just a lot of them are kind of just tantalizing little they have little nuggets that make you wonder. Yeah, but there's so far no big smoking gun. Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, and the thing about it is, speaking politically, if there are anything that bad on Trump, don't you think it would have been put out a long long time ago.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, that's what I think, And I'll tell you you know, the look, the fact that he associated with Epstein and was down on that, you know, was apparently on the plane several times, and is clearly I mean, they were clearly friends. And I think the quote from Susie Wiles is chief of staff and who I don't know how you know, it was not maybe the best quote, but I think an honest one and said, look, her quote was quote, they were young playboys together, you know, the guys in their late thirties, early forties running around in New York, single guys both with money and you know, really liking, you know, to the high life and clearly, you know, looking looking for companionship one way or the other. And that's you know, it's gonna it's gonna be something that a lot of folks are going to regard as a black mark on the president. But the idea that he was either being blackmailed or knew anything, I mean, surely you know if someone had that kind of a skeleton in their closet, uh that and remember it would be weird that they would seek public office at all, McCall that, you know, Epstein was long in prison, but the time that Trump ran for ran for office, so you know, he had to know that. You know, there were multiple grand jury investigations into Epstein, including in New York, multi year grand jury investigations, the documents which are gradually being unsealed and released. So if he had had some grand great concern about that, you know, I can't imagine that he would have jumped into public office. And the other thing is, even if some sort of document emerges now his hard course of orders aren't going to buy it. I mean, particularly after what happened with the Russia situation, which really was a hoax, you know, particularly with you know, with you know, some of the Ukrainian impeachment, which we now know really you know, wasn't some an impeachable offense. Right, So there have been so many things thrown at him at this point that I think he's almost kind of immune to whatever is in there. But it's clear he knew.
Speaker 7: Him, It's clear they socialized, and it's clear you know that at one point they.
Speaker 2: Were pretty tight. He says he broke it off with him about in two thousand and five, or six, you know, prior to everything happening, and there's really been nothing so far to contradict that.
Speaker 1: All right, Steve, we're at time. I really appreciate you talking to us about this, and I think we'll stay tuned on both Elwood and our good friend Epstein, and you know you'll keep us posting on it. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Hey, anytime, take care of my thinky. Thank you.
Speaker 1: You know, my goodness, one point seven million documents and Steve's explanation for that is completely legit and accurate. It's just I wish they just do one big damn thing to just get it over with. Anyway, we will take a break, and when we get back, your calls seven four nine, seven thousand and one, eight hundred, the big one are the numbers if you want to be involved. Mike Allen in for Slowey seven hundred, WL eleven thirty eight News Radio seven hundred WW Mike Allen almost at Saturday midday in for Slowey Saturday midday. We'll go forth tomorrow from nine to noon and I'll be in for Sloaney all next week. You know, we only have a few more days left in the year twenty twenty five and what happens is a lot of these outlets do the top stories and those kind of things. Some of them are actually interesting. Channel five did one that I think is pretty accurate and pretty interesting. Just go through a few of these and we'll get back to the phones here. Top story they have winter storms blast region, multiple winter storms in Cincinnati. Second is a severe story leave damage, but I don't know that it's that weather related now. The third one is a big, big story that's not even close to being finished. Police leadership, shake up the city. People are still scratching their head about what they think Chief Thiji did wrong. I know I am big story. And this one too, This is a biggie Rose becomes Hall of Fame eligible. The only thing Pete had to do to do that is die. And I love baseball, but Major League Baseball is so hypocritical on the whole gambling thing. It seems to me and many other people that they're just pretty much obsessed with it now. Of course, because it makes money. You know, if they're gonna let Pete go in or let him become Hall of Fame eligible more accurately, they had to look at some others too. The one obviously that comes to mind is shoeless Joe Jackson. But we'll see what happens on that. That's just a few of them. I'll probably do some of these tomorrow too. Hey, let's get to the phones here. Let's talk to Danny in Mason. Hey, Danny, how you doing?
Speaker 2: That's fine, sir, How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good? I'm good. What you got for me?
Speaker 9: The question I've been thinking about of wanting to ask you, when do the constitutional rights start when we're born? I would think so, yes, Okay, So for people coming into our country legally and illegally, yep, do they get to constitutional rights as soon as they step across our border?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Not, of course illegal. No, and if they're going to do it right, but they haven't done it yet. No, they're not technically citizens. But you know, you got green cards, and Biden administration had so many ways to get in. That's what's frustrating to me, and I think a lot of other people too. You know, you have people like you and I we're American citizens. Then you got the people that trespass in to our country. They are not. Many times, it appears to me that people in power, the Democrats, so to speak, they're more concerned with the people that trespass into their country than they are American citizens. That's just my take on it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and see, I keep thinking about that that. You know, so the ones I can't remember the one, you know, the one that was transporting your legals and they sent out of the country and then the congressman went.
Speaker 7: Down, he had a drink with him.
Speaker 4: And all that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, I mean he's getting more rights, in my opinion, than you and I would get, you know, absolutely, And I just wondered about that. And you know, I guess some of us citizens to just start raising three kinds of heck yeah and saying, hey, you know, yes, you know, if you raise heck, then the government's going to start eyeballing you in my opinion, but you.
Speaker 1: Know, well they're not supposed to. But I'll tell you you hit the crux of the problem. Why in the hell are we bending over backwards for someone who trespassed into our country. Let's just say your house, somebody uninvited just walks in. You know, you're going to give that person more rights than you are the legal resident of that place. It's topsy turvy, Danny, It really is, and thank god Trump's turning it around.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And then one other thing too real quickly, the drugs runners that were shooting up, shooting out of the water. I think we are to capture one of the boats back of drugs are and advertising, say hey he's there, and see how they.
Speaker 4: Respond to that.
Speaker 9: It's all common sense.
Speaker 7: Yes, and my dad had a fifth grade education and I.
Speaker 9: Guarantee he had more common US than the half of them in Washington.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, absolutely, what's an interesting proposition. I appreciate your input. Yeah, that is the crux of it. And this is what honks me off so much with the Democrats. What about us? I mean, aren't we important? We're citizens, they're not. And of course we are the most generous planet on the face of the earth. But at some point you got to say, no, no, no, let's put Americans first, and I think President Trump is doing that. Man. You look over in Europe especially, and I'm kind of an Anglophile, so this depresses me. What the hell's going on over there in Great Britain. I mean, they're taking their rights away right and left and so in Germany and other countries too. So much of it is because of unchecked immigration. They're paying the price for it now. But you know, we are too so to speak, but at least Trump is trying. I'll tell you what, let's take a short break and we'll come back and we'll close the show out. Mike Allen seven hundred WLW