Speaker 1: Now I'm starting to petition save Watson.
Speaker 2: Oh how many people have signed up? Just you. I haven't started.
Speaker 1: I'm starting it as we speak.
Speaker 3: It's a good show. You guys should watch it. It's a medical drama about a guy who was named Watson and he saves medicals.
Speaker 2: That's what it's about.
Speaker 1: Everybody, be cool.
Speaker 2: So nothing to do with Sherlock. Well sure, but he's a doctor.
Speaker 1: He's Watson's great great great grandson.
Speaker 4: So he doesn't solve crimes. This is a medical medical crimes. I mean that was their first big mistake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like crimes, Like when like Sauce comes in and Watson says, this is a crime against human what happened to this guy? And they're like, no, he's completely fine. He walked in the wrong building. And Watson's like, it can't be true. That's not a real human being.
Speaker 2: So you've seen the pilot.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I mean only when I'm getting on the plane.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, that's the first episode. It's called.
Speaker 5: Okay, the first episode is called pilot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, it's about the guy named Pass very religious.
Speaker 2: You're in great, Paul, I am keep going, buddy.
Speaker 1: Brad Paisley's coming to the grandstand.
Speaker 2: Who is he?
Speaker 1: Brad Paisley?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I like that guy, good dude, grandstand.
Speaker 2: Do we have other announcements of who's all of them?
Speaker 1: Now right? I mean they've announced about you?
Speaker 2: Okay? Who else is going to be there? Hot Read Wiseman, Victor Glover.
Speaker 4: Big Daddy Slut, Jeremy Hansen, Oh in, Big Daddy Slut.
Speaker 3: Big Daddy Slut's Uh.
Speaker 2: Who is Big Daddy Slut?
Speaker 6: What's his actual Big still alive or did he die?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll look him up. Remember Big Daddy Kane. I believe it's pronounced big Daddy. No, okay, I don't do that bit. He is alive. Yeah, he's fifty seven, he's still with us. Yeah, he's no joke.
Speaker 6: He's here on April seventeenth, the building at the Dakota.
Speaker 2: Is he really yep? Two shows? Yeah? I like the Dakota Man, great club. You guys ever been there for a show? And isn't it expanding?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: I don't know about that. Probably though, they.
Speaker 5: They're taking over the building across the streets or just kiddy corner to it for a bigger venue as well.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. I mean I think they're.
Speaker 5: Having they're running both venues now, like that's gonna be one's gonna be sort of an event space and the other people.
Speaker 2: That don't run for st Avenue to Johnny Bones.
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 2: Sorry, what isn't that the same people that run First Avenue as well? I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: I don't know either.
Speaker 5: I know Fine Line is same as First Avenue, I know some other ones. But I saw somebody playing club same as First Avenue.
Speaker 3: Somebody was playing uh, somebody is playing Fine Line, And I was like, are you kidda be no kidding? Like it's amazing because there's so many concert venues. Yes, And because of that, all concert venues are looking for a lot of acts right now because they've got to you know, they they got to put on shows. That's how they live. So I'm seeing acts venues I wouldn't have expected. I just saw this announced last night.
Speaker 1: Darn it.
Speaker 2: It's a it's like camera Bocks or somebody like that.
Speaker 1: I can't remember.
Speaker 7: That.
Speaker 1: That's litterbox.
Speaker 2: Se couch Dog, Oh yeah, couch Dog.
Speaker 1: It might not have been couch Dog.
Speaker 6: They are doing at the Fitzgerald Theater. Clue the movie screening.
Speaker 2: Look, that's not the same as what I said. Definitely not a huge, huge jack, but a great movie.
Speaker 8: Is it a chair cat?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Hate couch Dog is at first?
Speaker 1: Have you gotta go see them?
Speaker 6: You'd hate she'd love them, No, she would know she's in the metal core A you a Dark Crystal fan?
Speaker 2: What was that? That wasn't hold one doesn't hold up. I love Labyrinth because I love the gallant David Bowie. It might be Labyrinth showing one of them is showing it like the La Labyrinth kicks ass the Dark Crystal.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: They re released it a couple of years ago. We're like, let's I haven't seen this since I was a kid. Let's bring the kiddos. Both of my girls thought it was boring as hell. It was a tough watch. It doesn't hold up.
Speaker 5: No, it must be laborate labynth is showing locally at a theater or something.
Speaker 4: That movie still slams is the single when they said Jared Letto was maybe gonna be the next Goblin King and I'm like, throw, I just threw up everywhere, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I made a deal with the devil.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no kidding. It's the weirdest thing.
Speaker 3: Like they keep making Tron movies and nobody ever watches them.
Speaker 2: They're terrible it looks or not. I haven't seen them. Have you seen them? Bony?
Speaker 3: No, The Tron movies like the first one with Jeff Jeff Bridges, Yeah, didn't do well at the box office. They made another didn't do out the box office, didn't they They didn't do out the box office.
Speaker 5: There is so much money in Universe building right now for creating a franchise like that that they will throw a lot of money at that to try and try and establish anything remotely like that. I mean, and I suppose that's a Disney property, right like they've got money to spare between.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, I think that Marble and Star Wars and everything else.
Speaker 1: Damn it, there's a paywall.
Speaker 3: But there's an article in the Economist about what Vegas is going to do now that you can gamble everywhere.
Speaker 1: And I can't get to see it because there's a paywall. I hate that.
Speaker 8: Meaning now that you can gamble everywhere in the United States.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, yeah, so Vegas is going to become It already has become less of a big deal to be able to gamble.
Speaker 8: If maybe they should lower prices on everything.
Speaker 2: Well, Johnny Bones, you were just there.
Speaker 4: I haven't been there in six months, and I hate myself for it. Oh, did you notice anything different this time? It's one of the many reasons, many many reasons, but anything.
Speaker 5: First of all, we were there Tuesday through Thursday, so the table limits are probably a little lower.
Speaker 2: Tuesday through Thursday.
Speaker 5: We did have trouble finding like craps for anything less than twenty five dollars at a table, which that's a lot of money for crabs. You start putting three, four, five times odds on it, you've got a lot of money on the table in a hurry that way.
Speaker 1: Why is it called that?
Speaker 8: What about if you were in the you know, the convenience area of your hotel and you grabbed like a king sized Snickers and a bottle of water? Did it running thirteen bucks?
Speaker 2: Oh I'm sure? Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's that sounds about right.
Speaker 1: He was too smashed to know what I was not paying.
Speaker 5: I was not paying attention to how much the log I was gonna have water no matter what.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, man, it is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: And again, it already cost you money to get out there, get yourself a hotel.
Speaker 5: I mean the airline prices are up there now creeping up again. Well, I mean you know the fact that gases question mark means all the prices to everywhere are crazy, I mean crazy crazy socks gas is fresh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, core yep.
Speaker 3: I know you were wondering as well as I was. Craps, I believe to be a simplified American derivation derivation derivation?
Speaker 2: Is that? How you say that? Derivation?
Speaker 3: Thank you of the old English dice game Hazard, with the name likely evolving from the French word crop bold.
Speaker 1: Which means toad.
Speaker 2: We thought you was.
Speaker 3: This refers to the toad like crouching posture early players took when playing on streets inside.
Speaker 2: Sure, that makes sense, it makes sense.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: So do you if you ever played Crabs? Do you you are a game?
Speaker 5: But also Crabs is not the most intuitive game to figure out in the world. Do you know how to play Crabs?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 6: Do you understand you bet on? Like the line and the number and pass pass line and all that. No, I do I like to play slot machines because it's one button.
Speaker 2: Do you guys like to call.
Speaker 8: Play music?
Speaker 3: Do you guys like playing that spinning game with the ball.
Speaker 5: Yes, sorry, you find roulette for fifteen dollars.
Speaker 2: Fifteen dollars even in the decent casinos.
Speaker 4: Take that number, cut it in half and then double it, so ten dollars seven fifty.
Speaker 3: No, I get it, No, Margie, Yeah, you and I should try stuff like that Roulette. Yeah, like instead of just playing slots, we should try other things.
Speaker 2: It's a social game.
Speaker 8: I've tried. I've played roulette, all right, we'll becuse. Matt likes chroulette, so sometimes you know I've sat with him.
Speaker 2: Well let's me too, Well, well, so good, it.
Speaker 8: Just doesn't it'll do it for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I got your bid.
Speaker 8: I need the lights and the music and then feel your.
Speaker 5: Ding ding ding and yeah, yeah, I don't understand every time I try to sit down on a slot machine, I don't understand, like what's going on, like when it's giving me money and when it's not giving me money, and why it's giving me money.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'll kind of like it. Take my advice, John can turn off my brain now, keep it that way.
Speaker 8: I'm trying to figure it out.
Speaker 2: Walk away, yes, walk away? Ye, that did not go well in Vegas. Who ever slots of that tracks honestly, I love it. Yes, how was it last week? That was what theties? It was actually pretty It was actually.
Speaker 5: Pretty cool for Vegas like the I think we've tried to do a couple of pool days.
Speaker 2: High seventies, oh, high seventies, mid seventies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was a little chillier than you wanted it to be.
Speaker 8: Did you have to did you have to pay to sit at the pool?
Speaker 2: We did not have to pay us at the pool.
Speaker 5: We did have to get there kind of early, and in fact we got there we thought we're just staying.
Speaker 2: We stayed at MGM. At MGM, that's.
Speaker 5: Right, sweet spot back there solid it's huge like everything else at MGM, it's enormous. You have to forever to walk around in there. It was good, It was fine. I mean, they've got a good bar in the middle of it. They have water slides, they have a lazy river.
Speaker 2: They have a wave pool.
Speaker 5: They did not have a wave I don't think they had a way pool. I don't think they have water slaves.
Speaker 4: They have one of those giant buckets that every minute and a half dumps just a ton of gallons of water.
Speaker 5: And kids know what, they do have a giant buckets that you can fill with ice and cold beer.
Speaker 2: Which was how much for the bucket of beer? I'm forgetting forty five bucks.
Speaker 8: That's not bad.
Speaker 2: I think it was about thirty. That's not bad.
Speaker 8: It's like a dollar an hour unless they only had one beer in the big.
Speaker 2: They have five beers in the bucket and they stay nice and cold.
Speaker 8: Six bucks of beer.
Speaker 4: Deal so we can get at those ABC stores, CVS or Walgrains.
Speaker 3: I like ABC gum already been shooting. I'm sorry, I'm twelve years old. Why does that have anything to do.
Speaker 1: Listen. I have a serious sports story for you, all right.
Speaker 3: And this comes from I don't care, some website, but it kind of goes with a close rooms talking about in the football book. He's talking to predicting how NFL would go by the wayside after a long ways off. But one of the things he was referencing is what I'm about to say here. The Green Bay Packers punch well above their weight despite going up against powerhouses and massive media markets like Dallas, New York, Los Angeles. Green Bay has thirteen championships, more than any of the team founded in nineteen nineteen. Only the Cardinals and the Bears have a longer history in the NFL than the Packers, who've been a member since nineteen twenty one, Cardinals, and Bears by the Way nineteen nineteen, But according to the team, an upcoming hearing in the House Judiciary Committee could put that proud history in peril. The Sports Broadcasting Act of nineteen sixty one allows professional sports leagues to negotiate it to negotiate collective broadcast deals. In twenty twenty five, every NFL team took an equal four hundred and thirty two million dollars share from the revenue pot made up of sources including TV rights packages. It's a major boost for those markets like Green Bay, which has a league lower four hundred and fifty six thousand TV households, Buffalo six hundred and thirteen, Kansas City nine eighty six, New York lea. It's the way, It's seven point four to three million. The House Judiciary Committee review into the SBA could bring changes, and Packers execs are worried. They've sent a letter to Wisconsin lawmakers urging them to consider the potential fallout scrolling down. The subcommittee began its review in August and requested a briefing with the NFL and may be nab all those things all the different leagues. The threat is that, of course it could go the way of baseball with individual teams making their own television broadcasting deals. And if that happens, then obviously Packers are going to get less money and it could mean the end of the Packers as a team and a city.
Speaker 2: And option that would be great is the NFL. Is the NFL seeking to no longer collectively bargain the individual team.
Speaker 3: I don't believe they are, but think about people like Jerry Jones and things they've done in the past. If it becomes an option for them to do their own television deals, you.
Speaker 2: Know they are. Yeah, a good point. They will no longer want to give an equal share to small markets.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean baseball is in exactly the opposite direction, or trying to move exactly in the opposite direction.
Speaker 3: Which which makes sense. Why wouldn't you want the league to be healthy? Everybody wins if everybody wins, right right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: In the NFL.
Speaker 3: By the way, for the last time I saw the owners, every NFL owner's doing pretty well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, real well? All right, So where should we move the.
Speaker 4: Packers though, if they can't sustain in Green Bay Vegas.
Speaker 6: So they now, but they're still in our division. So we have to play them twice a year, and it guarantees us a trip to Vegas. I don't man, I'm on fire with ideas, right, thank you, right, thank you. That's the right answer. Vegas was the right answer.
Speaker 5: Dramatic SIPs will being Milwaukee of course, right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How much bigger is Milwaukee? Sizeably bigger?
Speaker 2: I don't know for sure. Milwaukee's a top thirty market. I think it doesn't feel like it when you're there, you know, no, does not. Yeah, you gotta go see gar Laren on Shell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do see a Shell all the time.
Speaker 2: I just go to the casino. Aunt. Shell is Peter's sister, Iby.
Speaker 3: Everybody hop us sister, so she's my aunt.
Speaker 4: Headlines when we come back Power Trip Morning Show after this on the fan.
Speaker 9: Okay, you got that right, Okay, Johnny Bonds and Martie Gardiner, you're a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful group of people.
Speaker 2: I don't know where Bonds went, I do, where do you go? Went on downtown?
Speaker 1: Pick up some hooker store.
Speaker 2: He's waiting for that bathhouse to open.
Speaker 1: Ye know, he doesn't use them. He just gives them rights.
Speaker 2: And he's saving you a spot line.
Speaker 3: Well, he does tell me where he's dropping him off. I will say that, but I don't. I don't often go by there.
Speaker 2: Oh Bill Billy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he said something about testifying for a group that's listening to an argument this afternoon.
Speaker 1: He said testing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they want to make a point, sir too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he does that, all right. Should we do headlines? You know, dude? Absolutely cool. Now it's time for headline headline. Here we go.
Speaker 4: A sixteen year old surfer was bitten by a shark in a are on a beach in Australia. He says that he quote flicked it off and then legged it back to shore.
Speaker 1: Young man. Do you want to hear him?
Speaker 3: Yeure, he's sixteen. He's an aussy surfer. He sounds exactly like you'd expect.
Speaker 7: To send him up board.
Speaker 8: Wineful wife to come.
Speaker 7: And then some just kind of my foot I fell into the water with it, and then maybe five minutes in front of me, there was a little flat fin that popped up, and then I just sort of hopped to my board and just legged it back to the beach.
Speaker 10: I think the movement of his foot and maybe the murky water. The shark's definitely mistimed the hit. If it was a little bit up, he would have definitely have lost his foot. And he said to me, the chances of getting attacked by shark is like one in three million, And so he's like, what are the chances of getting attacked twice?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 7: So yeah, if I didn't of the bench, on would have been in the water.
Speaker 10: I said, you, Guardian angels definitely working overtime for you today.
Speaker 4: Well, the chances you get attacked by a shark if you just walk around Minneapolis, Minnesota is almost zero, unless Tarkanians on them. It's unbelievably close to zerial zero. But if you are an Australian surfer, it's not one in three million.
Speaker 2: It's less than that. And Tommy would like to be attacked by Greg Norman. Sure. Again.
Speaker 4: The Great Richard o'knick once said, if there were dinosaurs outside, we wouldn't go play baseball.
Speaker 2: I think correct.
Speaker 4: I think the Great Richard Oaknick also said, if you're a Twins fan, you don't go watch baseball.
Speaker 2: Oh but what does he know? Yeah, Bony goes he's great, Yeah, we're not. Maybe it's still a dog knight.
Speaker 8: So sixty.
Speaker 5: The plan was to go tonight, but I think instead we're going to go to our daughter's new house and fix things and and have.
Speaker 8: Some and then and watch the Twins pregame.
Speaker 2: Shot or Watson, thanks for the invite.
Speaker 4: Offset was shot in Florida last night. One of my favorite things about this story. That sounds a weird way to worry about a guy getting shot, but so TMZ posts Offset shot outside of a casino in Florida, and all all of the comments are like, is he dead? Like you know who shot him? Like if you click on the link to TMZ, it's a right in the story. Like sources say that he is okay, but nobody reads the story. Everybody just says sees the Offset is shot, Like why aren't they saying that he's dead.
Speaker 5: Because he's not need this story wants to read.
Speaker 1: Is he married to somebody famous?
Speaker 2: Cardi B? Yeah, Cardi B, Right, yeah yeah yeah yeah, Cardi B.
Speaker 3: He get was that the casino where our young receiver got in trouble?
Speaker 4: Yes, Seminal Hard Rock Hotel and casino. Same thing with Jordan Addison when he was what he was pissed about the noodle bar or something allegedly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, isn't it Adison that got like walked out right?
Speaker 3: Bar?
Speaker 2: Am I losing my mind? No, you're correct man. Wait have you walked by there? I've waved people inside there? Yeah, it's not a lot of windows, but giant guitar. Yeah. Who is unhappy at a noodle bar? How can you be unhappy at a noodle bar? I mean if you're point two? Who knows? Uh? That's why I'm happy. Offsets. I don't know Migos very well, saws you familiar with their work? Not really. His bandmate take Off was shot and killed.
Speaker 4: In November of twenty twenty two, and Amigos had another person shot. Offset was shot last night. But he's okay. If you just click on this story, you know what I'm saying. Reading in northern California potential fatal virus that causes fever, vomiting, and severe watery diarrhea among small children is raging.
Speaker 2: That's horrible. Wow, doesn't that sound fun? This is miserable, terrible.
Speaker 1: Don't do that.
Speaker 2: Don't do that.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 4: We have another freak on Jeopardy Every couple of years. We have some unstoppable force. I've been watching this. Duty's an absolute machine.
Speaker 2: Tuned in yesterday he was crazy Jamie.
Speaker 4: Ding seventeen seventeen straight wins. That's now the tenth longest streak of all time. You know he's a freak because I'm watching him. He's unbelievable. He also has won four hundred and ninety four twelve dollars. That's the eighth most all time in regular season money.
Speaker 1: They have normally large testicles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it makes me right. How do you know about his habits?
Speaker 4: You guys know Ken Jennings is the goat, right, Yeah? I just mentioned Jamie Ding seventeen straight wins, tenth all time.
Speaker 2: Ken Jennings has the record.
Speaker 4: You know how many games Ken Jennings, who's now the host, of course, of Jeopardy?
Speaker 2: How many games? And erow did Ken Jennings wins?
Speaker 1: Twenty seven?
Speaker 2: Corey, isn't it in like the eighties? Let's say sixty two, ten years ago or something? That brilliant?
Speaker 4: Barnes eighty four, he won seventy four consecutive games.
Speaker 1: That seems good.
Speaker 2: Who beat him? Some gal? Who beat him?
Speaker 6: His dad?
Speaker 4: How much did he wind? I just mentioned Jamie ding is one four hundred ninety four thousand. How much did Ken win when he won seventy four straight.
Speaker 8: Eight million?
Speaker 2: One point two million?
Speaker 6: Uh, bonus is good at math, I'll say one point three million.
Speaker 2: Just over two point five million bonus you won.
Speaker 8: That doesn't math very well.
Speaker 4: You you always do so, But so Ken Jennings won before James Holshauer basically broke Jeopardy because Holshauer is a high stakes gambler, and he basically realized that you have to be super aggressive on daily doubles. So before that, everybody would go from top to bottom, like if you're looking at the Jeopardy board, everybody would go like, all right soon and so for one hundred or so, and so for two, and they would go top to bottom. James basically realized that's the worst possible strategy.
Speaker 2: He game theoried it up and he optimized it, and he.
Speaker 4: Realized, I have to find daily doubles as fast as possible, and then I have to maximize it to obliterate my opponent's ability to counter. And that's what I've seen so far. This is so hardcore Jeopardy. But stay with me for a second. You know, like in sports, if you are a underdog and you're playing a team that you're not supposed to beat. You can't just be like you have to be a rest of his Hell yeah, yeah, I've already seen multiple people against Jamie. It's like it's almost over. Before Double Jeopardy, it's like ten thousand to two thousand, and somebody will find a daily double.
Speaker 2: And she'll be like, I'll wager a thousand.
Speaker 4: It's like, no, you have to go all in every time or he's gonna beat you. And they haven't figured that out yet, So we'll see how long it takes somebody to just realize.
Speaker 2: But think about this. If you're super smart, you're do Young Park or something.
Speaker 4: You've worked your ass off your entire life, and you get on Jeopardy and you run into one of these guys and you're like, well, no, he kind of did, right, But it's a really that's a really bad beat that don't You don't get to pay play passively.
Speaker 5: You have to go for the kill shot or he's gonna beat you. I think yesterday, I think when I got to Double Jeopardy. I don't remember the exact number, but something like he had fifty thousand and second place was like six thousand.
Speaker 2: It's over again.
Speaker 4: Watch them find daily doubles and be like three thousand, all of it every time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the guy unbelievable. He's going to be tough to beat.
Speaker 8: Corey. I can't watch today. If you could just text me.
Speaker 2: I will text you updated.
Speaker 8: Yeah, let me know.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, four in March, right afterdays Lives over. Yeah, time for ten. It's time for dated in March. Yes.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you work every Twins game?
Speaker 8: Oh no, no, no, okay. I have thirty eight Twins games this year. I just happen to have a front loaded schedule.
Speaker 1: Gotcha? Are they checking Essie if you're any good?
Speaker 8: Yes? And the point was for me to be able to have some summertime free. So I have a heavier April and may to have a lighter June, July, and August. So I have this four game series against Detroit, and then next week when the Twins are back home, I have the Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and the Friday Saturday Sunday it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, will you keep us up to dated?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: You guys want me to text you.
Speaker 2: Updates? You text me Twins pregame updates.
Speaker 3: I would also like you say it on the radio so that our beloved fans can watch their beloved Marty on the television.
Speaker 8: Yeah. I mean these are six o'clock games. The night games are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and then we have a day game on Thursday, and it's all against the Tigers. I will say this tonight the legitimate pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Man who Ta Maha versus John exactly, Taj Bradley for the Twins, who has had two fantastic.
Speaker 8: Starts, and Trek Scooble, Oh yeah for the Tigers back. So you can make fun of baseball and or some of the struggles that the Twins have had, but it is a legit game. The Twins won one last night, seven three, and we're grinding the best we can. Amen, Okay, we do the best with what's in front of us, and what's in front of us tonight is a great pitching matchup. It's to me a little bit chilly out there, but Martin's gonna bundle up. I'm gonna sit on a heating pad that Tim Latner got for us, and we're each putting it on high. We're gonna do our best.
Speaker 2: Martin's nobody grinds like you here's Shelty. Rosie blogged about it. Yeah, he'll be here tomorrow. He hates all of us. Here's Shelty. His team's coming together. We got to give this group some time.
Speaker 11: I mean, we're thirty at bats in or thirty plate appearances in, and I know at times it hasn't looked pretty, but it's thirty plate appearances.
Speaker 2: So we need to give our group.
Speaker 11: So I was really proud of them, and we had some big at bats and then quarantining which the huge hit late, which kind of separated and allowed us to let Lawyers and go out and get his first career save, which was was really big for us. You know, anytime we can separate, we need to separate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go Shelty.
Speaker 2: He's not wrong.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's two runs in the bottom of the eighth. I made a five to three game of seven three games and.
Speaker 2: Allowed him to save his bullpen.
Speaker 5: You didn't have to bring in, you know, Taylor Rogers are one of them better high leverage arms, and let laryersom Philip's.
Speaker 8: Correct And as I was searching for the score in like the third segment of the post game show, and I turned around to look at the stadium, behind me, and the entire thing was dark, including all the scoreboards, and I was like twins went because they had scored two runs late, and it was so cold that I refused to take out my pen and update.
Speaker 2: My score sheets.
Speaker 8: And the producer had to say in my ear seven to three, I'm real professional. Here?
Speaker 2: Do you do you keep score at? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Absolutely? How was I forget? It's a three hour game. I will forget what happened in the second innings?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I went drink well yeah, and then drinking on the air while I'm on the air.
Speaker 2: Good point.
Speaker 8: He got no bubbles, I got no troubles.
Speaker 2: No one will notice You've got other things.
Speaker 1: Can ask him one more baseball thing?
Speaker 2: Hey your money? Yep?
Speaker 3: What are we like three months into the season or something? How's the overturning thing going? The challenges and aledgeized are you digging it? Or is a waste some time?
Speaker 5: I love it and I don't think it's necessarily going to cost I mean, first of all, it's very quick. It moves right along, so it's it's not like a NFL replay or even Major League Baseball replay where they may call it first dase or something or NBA replay like it's within five to seven seconds.
Speaker 2: It's fantastic, Well it should be.
Speaker 5: And then and then on top of that, I think it's also going to make some of the pitches that used to be needless go away. Like, for instance, it's a two or it's a three to zero count, and they throw a pitch outside the strike zone, but it's called a strike because because three o that the umpire has sort of an incentive to let the batter and the hitter decide that. Well, now when that happens, it's immediately called no, it's it's a ball. I get to walk to first base. And pitchers are gonna learn they can't waste pitches like that anymore. And I think so that ultimately, I think that'll help save some time. That offsets the time that's been taking for this a.
Speaker 3: Second tied for second with highest overturn rate among major league pitchers, Victor Carrottini eighty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jeffers is really good at it as well with the people who have not been good at it for the Twins are the hitters.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Last night, both teams lost their ability to challenge. By the fifth inning, they had both managed you're done in the third and Detroit best there's up in the.
Speaker 2: Fifth title number.
Speaker 1: You may change or challenge.
Speaker 2: You can miss two of them and then you're done and you can challenge infinitely. If you get them right, right, you get them right, you get to keep them. So Berrero had Tim Cheetah on last night. Right, okay, cham former umpire Right.
Speaker 4: He made a point that I hadn't heard anybody say yet. They made a lot of sense to me. He said, catchers are going to be the best challengers, and it's sure, it's not even going to be close.
Speaker 2: It's absolutely not just because a viewpoint we mentioned.
Speaker 4: Obviously, their view is second to none, because they're framing if they know exactly where their hand is and where it's supposed to be. But he said that pitchers and hitters are more emotionally involved, so there they're more you know, like biased. It's like the catcher can be like I can take myself out of this. I didn't swing and miss or whatever, I didn't pitch. It's catchers are going to be the best, and it's not even going to be closed.
Speaker 5: They've been doing the system in the minor leagues for a couple of years, and I mean we heard last year, last year in spring training that the Twods are always like, yeah, we don't really want our pitcher to challenge.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Like that is that they by far have the least success rate and the catchers generally have the best success rate.
Speaker 8: And that's a huge point, Corey, because emotion is a part of it, and a pitcher wants that call, or a batter doesn't want you know, the strikeout on on your scorecard or whatever it is, or you just you doesn't see it that way, and it is playing out exactly that way.
Speaker 4: It's like the last couple of years, every time you see Rooty Gobert like waving to Chris Finch be like.
Speaker 2: Yes, challengers, Actually, Rudy, I'm never challenging. You've never been right now.
Speaker 3: By the way, real quick to Twins are seventh in the league as far as a challenge rate percentage, I believe it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then they're doing good. Nice Shelty.
Speaker 8: The one of the fascinating parts is because there's no precedent for this, at least in the big leagues, that Shelton had said, everyone has free reign, like we're not setting limits on this right now because we don't know what it looks like. And now that we're just a few weeks, not a few months hawk into the baseball season, it will be very interesting to see now where the limitations come in. Because last night two hitters challenge for the Twins both were wrong. So now we're out of challenges in the third inning. So do those hitters in particular, or hitters in general now start to get talked to by the manager or whoever in saying, Okay, hitters, you can not challenge, or you could only challenge on a full count or with runners on base, because if there if it's a you know, a two zero count and nobody's on base and you're challenging a pitch and you get it wrong, you got to think about the leverage of the situation. And none of this has come into play. It's been Yeah, if you want to challenge, challenge now you got to start putting criteria in.
Speaker 5: In the first week, Matt Wallder challenged two different ones that on the Gleam of the Geek podcast we called them rage challenges, like neither one was particularly close to being a ball, Like they were pretty clearly strikes. But I don't think anybody needs to talk to Matt Walder about that. Matt Walder knows like, Okay, I probably shouldn't have done that. You know, it's uh, I think And it's been shown in the minor leagues that once you run out of challenges, the strike zone gets bigger.
Speaker 2: Like it turns out, you want to have some challenges last you want to make.
Speaker 5: You want to make the umpire think twice before he starts uh dishing these one way or the other. So you gotta be you got to be especially careful with that second challenge, and you want to be careful with the first challenge, so you don't have to be so specially careful with the second challenge.
Speaker 3: Corey, it might be my age, but I really want to love baseball. I love talking about baseball. I love I love the game I do. I don't know why I don't go to more games.
Speaker 2: I really want. I really want to love baseball, you know what I mean. I really really love to the park.
Speaker 8: This challenge element has added so much intrigue. It is fascinating as a baseball fan to watch, whether it's the I'm getting kind of shown up embarrassed. I've seen multiple strikes challenge in the same at bat. You get a full stadium and the crowd just cheering, and the.
Speaker 2: Getting they showed on the scoreboard, exactly.
Speaker 4: An end of game challenge yet where the game seemingly is over. But then somebody says, well, wall wait, wait wait, wall wait a second, we had an end of game challenge.
Speaker 2: I know it's not seen.
Speaker 8: That I'm not, don't I've seen called third strike. That was Cebe Buckner ringing up a batter in a full stadium on a called third strike. Hit her challenges, it's a ball. Stadium erupts, next pitch called third strike, hit her challenges, it's a ball.
Speaker 2: I mean it just.
Speaker 8: Dramatic, same hitter, same circumstance. It's very dramatic hockey. So if there's someone who's trying to like baseball or it's been a slow game, the addition of the pitch clock and now the addition of this challenge has really added a fascinating watch.
Speaker 3: How about baseball being proactive? That's cool, yes, you know, and it's actually working.
Speaker 6: And Martie, you were talking about the batter immediately just goes no, no, you're wrong.
Speaker 2: Like that's the showing up of the umpire bit.
Speaker 3: Also check it out court answer to the question a Major League Baseball game has ended a challenged pitch. April first, twenty twenty six, Baltimore Orioles catcher Samuel Baselo successfully challenged a one two pitch on the top of the ninth ending against the Texas Rangers, turning a called ball into a game ending strikeout.
Speaker 2: Ye, there you go.
Speaker 8: I wonder was that the game though, or was that like a you know, a six to two game.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know how tall.
Speaker 2: It was a good point.
Speaker 8: Well, but it will happen, and you know will happen is teams will be out of challenges and a game will end on a bad strike, poor ball call.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, for the rest of time, right, That's what's happened forever. So we'll be fine.
Speaker 2: We'll be fine. I'm the fan.
Speaker 5: I can argue that Game three of the twin season was somewhat that was a factor. In Game three of the twin season, they were out of calls. The Orioles were not out of calls, and there were a couple of different ones where the Oriols end up getting calls overturned. There were a couple that the Twins probably would have liked to have a second.
Speaker 2: Look at that. We're not a returned because they'd run out of challenges. Oh cool to be If you can gain extra lives like this is Mario Brothers, you.
Speaker 5: Actually can an extra innings. Now, what if it goes to extra innings? You get an additional if you if you are down to zero, you get one more the game man, that is each inning.
Speaker 2: But how about that?
Speaker 4: What if we had an additional second base, like twenty feet behind second base, and if you ran all the way out there, then yes, then you get an additional challenge no matter what, like collecting the mushroom exactly, you collect them over and by the time the ninth and eves.
Speaker 2: Run, just challenge brand theft auto too them. Maybe love it you cant driver.
Speaker 5: Maybe a tiny little brick wall between first and second that you jump over.
Speaker 4: That's the dumbest idea of every that doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 2: All right, check this out, ladies and gentlemen, please have your checking it now.
Speaker 4: We love iHeart Radio in the iHeart Radio app obviously, but you understand there are other ways to listen to music. I don't know one of those is I tunes. We get it right, This is America okay on the iTunes Top one hundred. Eddie Dalton right now has eleven songs in the top one hundred. He has two songs in the top ten. He has the number three album in the country and iTunes.
Speaker 2: Who Eddie Dalton Dalton, that's a terrible name.
Speaker 4: Eleven songs in the top one hundred, two in the top ten, and he has the number three album.
Speaker 2: Yeah pretty cool? Right?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Who he is? One? AI?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 2: And I thought you were to tell me he was on Artemis two.
Speaker 4: No, Eddie Going is the creation of Dallas Little and Dallas made everything from the songs with AI and even Eddie Dalton's AI generated looks.
Speaker 3: The thing about this that I find I don't know if it's disturbing, it's just the way things are right now, But.
Speaker 2: Is that they're not hiding it right, They're just saying he's AI.
Speaker 3: I wondered, Well, yeah, I know, But my point is I wondered if people would care once they found out it was AI, they'd be like, oh, I'm not going to listen to that. And obviously that's not the case. People are downloading it. They're listening to it, whether say or not. So I know, we'll see.
Speaker 6: But your back tattoo. Yeah, you guys got them together. Here's says what your t shirts.
Speaker 4: Zindaya thinks that Euphoria is going to end after the third season that premierees this Sunday.
Speaker 2: I've never seen an episode of it.
Speaker 6: I've seen a few. I think I saw the first half of the first one. It's a weird show. We didn't go back.
Speaker 2: Oh, hell of them right down?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're they're they're missing you.
Speaker 2: Yep, they are.
Speaker 4: Lord of the Flies, which is a reference we make all the time on this show.
Speaker 2: But I've never seen the movie Lord of the Flies.
Speaker 4: But apparently it is going to be a Netflix series now and the trailers out Piggy Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, not the muppets.
Speaker 4: Uh Seth Rogan says Catherine O'Hara's death is going to be addressed on season two of the Studio.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: Netflix has a documentary about Hulk Hogan coming out, which also features his final interview.
Speaker 2: There was that's always said.
Speaker 4: Interview and Chris, I know you still have that list to get to, so lasting for me.
Speaker 2: Frederick Bauer is the inventor of pringles.
Speaker 4: Before he died in two thousand and eight, he had one request for his children that he wanted fulfilled after he died.
Speaker 2: Take a shot. His coffin is shaped like a Pringles kid.
Speaker 6: Oh that's that's real good, Bony.
Speaker 2: You're unbelievably close. You're on the right path.
Speaker 8: Sprinkles scattered throughout the coffin.
Speaker 2: Not a bad guest.
Speaker 4: Mister Pringle's face on the coffin not coffin related. But you're dancing around it?
Speaker 1: Is he dressing?
Speaker 2: He wants to be dressed like Pringle, fake mustache lips. What would you argue is the most kind of thing about Pringles?
Speaker 1: The can?
Speaker 2: The can?
Speaker 3: He wants being buried in a cant He wants to be buried vertically.
Speaker 2: Marnie basically just got it.
Speaker 4: He wants to be cremated and then buried in a Pringles can.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, why not? Does children fulfilled the request? Yeah?
Speaker 4: They did it, his son said. My siblings and I briefly debated what flavor to use, but I said, look, we need to use the original. Yeah, og right, My god? Are they good sour creamin onion? I wish Frederick Bauer was sour creamin onion, which.
Speaker 2: Is weird because you would never touch any of them. I know, like onion, w'ere sour cream, But sour cream and onion chips are awesome, man, the original is so much better.
Speaker 4: No, the sour creamin onion ones are And look, I know this is sacrilege, but I think stacks are.
Speaker 2: Better than Pringles. No, I'm going to die on that hill. Is that like a Freedoms knockoff?
Speaker 4: It's the same, like the same kind of like vertical can cylindrical can.
Speaker 2: But stacks have more flavor, they're better.
Speaker 8: How far in are you?
Speaker 4: I'm not going to go to war over over stacks versus pringles, but if they're both on the shelf.
Speaker 2: I take the stacks. Yeah, and they're cheaper two bucks.
Speaker 1: Over pringles.
Speaker 2: No, we've done things over dumber reasons.
Speaker 4: Quickly, Do you have a handful of other shows that are getting canceled together that listen right now?
Speaker 2: It's over? That's okay, then, I guess all we learn is that it's over for watching.
Speaker 4: For now?
Speaker 3: Is the final season of hacks Hacks final season? Watch the newest one. I haven't seen the newest season yet.
Speaker 8: It just came out like a week ago.
Speaker 2: I'll watch it, all right, So Martin's TV tonight, Yeah, Twins.
Speaker 8: Pregame starts at six o'clock.
Speaker 3: First pitch six forty pornography later.
Speaker 4: Sure, don at the bath house, you're gonna go pick it and wait for those things to open up.
Speaker 2: That's what you call it, not picket and wait.
Speaker 5: Yeap, looking forward to yeah, in front of that city council debate.
Speaker 4: Bathhouse dot com is at your new website, Minneapolis.
Speaker 5: Probably do better than some of the other one better than Padre's mission for sure, pres.
Speaker 2: Missionaries, jeez Marning. Then we'll see you on Friday for initials and whatnot.
Speaker 8: I'll be here all right, all right?
Speaker 4: Is next the power you wanting to return tomorrow five thirty to nine, right here on nothing.
Speaker 2: Do you already have a wader for day? Enjoy this beautiful day. I love you, lundy all